2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

3.2/5 (141 ratings)

About Mary Kay Cosmetics

Mary Kay Cosmetics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mary Kay Cosmetics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mary Kay Cosmetics?

Original review: May 17, 2021

I have been using this product line 3 months. I also purchased the timewise foundation to get the full affect of the regimen. I have never been more satisfied with any product. It was a process of self discipline using it on a strict routine but I would recommend it to anyone with any kind of skin problems. It's did miracles to my rosacea!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I'm glad I've used Mary Kay for a long time now; otherwise, I'd be swayed by the earlier reviews. When I get facials at professional salons, I'm always told that it shows that I use a skin care regimen. In fact, I've been asked what products I use, because the products at the more expensive salons haven't worked for some of the estheticians. I'm 52 and I don't have bags under my eyes. I have not had any work done. Something in their skin care products is working.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Mary Kay's cosmetic products not only look great on, but they feel weightless and natural. The selection of colors and formulas is for all skin types and shades.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

The brand is a affordable. And compared with supermarket products are good. Anti-aging are very good and also their consultants always help their customers and try to do their best.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I have a skin allergy. Mary Kay has a line of makeup and skin care products which I am able to effectively use to keep my skin healthy and achieve the look I want.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I purchased this product about four weeks ago. I used it twice that week and on the second day I noticed white spots around my lips my cheek and my jaw. It has been four weeks and no improvement. I have gone to doctors, dermatologists etc. No luck my face has been discolored for almost a month and no improvement. Now it started to itch and burn with any moisturizer.

Original review: July 1, 2021

From the start I should have known creams that felt very heavy were not a good idea!! During my facial the consultant seen that my face was broken out and red, but she continued to say to me my skin needs to adjust to it, I believed her, I bought the Timewise set. I was very excited to try something new! So Day 1 redness burning-day 2 redness burning rash, day 3 burning burning I burning!! I sent my consultant a text. I was ignored for about 4 days.

I finally text her again and said, "Please I would like a return. My skin on fire." She replied, "I'm sorry I've been busy." Hmm ... but I felt she didn't give two dams about my skin, days went by and now I'm being ignored for my refund?!?! At this point I'm over. I told her, "I do not want anything from Mary Kay. I want full refund!" I feel if I was taking into consideration I would have handled it better! Now I'm irritated and tell my friends don't buy from MK. Seems they are too much into themselves and that pink Cadillac!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Wow! I see so many bad and relatable reviews on Mary Kay Cosmetics. So I now understand that they've all been giving me the runaround intentionally. I purchased their face/makeup products and I now have such a bad skin rash! The consultant Aimee Michelle ** and her recruiter Yvonne are just not professional. They verbally attacked me when I went to return the products. They insisted to film my body to get proof of my rash. Finally, I left with the products and no refund. They wanted to take the products but not refund my money.

I spoke to Nadia, Amanda the supervisor, Elena and none of them have done better than say how deeply sorry they are for my experience and how I am getting a refund in the following hours. This has been going on since January 15th and we are the 19th 2021. I started to use these products Dec 15th 2020 and reaction started few days later. I filled out all the forms they sent and they acted surprised like their products have never given anyone rash or allergies so they said they have to do a lab test. Well I'm definitely taking legal action. If other customers have been easy on them, they will definitely hear more about me.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I like Mary Kay's foundation, they do not have lipstick that's my color, plus it doesn't stay on. Lipstick is the hardest to find that looks good on me for my age.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I have spent approx 3 hours of my life trying to get a refund from Mary Kay because their consultant is awful. Paid with debit card but they insist on mailing a check! Still no refund after 2 MONTHS of calling. Consultant I used is a scammer!

Mary Kay Cosmetics author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Mary Kay Ash was an entrepreneur who launched her cosmetics company Beauty by Mary Kay in 1963. Her skincare line for men launched in 1964. Today, three and a half million Mary Kay independent consultants are empowered to sell products online and in person to make a commission and receive discounts on their own Mary Kay products.

• Virtual makeover app: Use Mary Kay’s virtual makeover app, available on the Apple app store, Google Play and the Amazon app store, to get a realistic portrait of how their products will look on you. Virtually test out different shades of eyeshadow, lipstick and more with no risk.

• Resources: Mary Kay’s online resources include videos and articles that offer beauty advice. Learn ideas for beauty on a budget, tips for every skin tone and more on Mary Kay’s website.

• Social responsibility: Mary Kay is committed to positively impacting the world with their recycling initiative, sustainability initiative and commitment to ending domestic violence around the world with their “Don’t Look Away” campaign.

• Personalized attention: Shopping with a Mary Kay beauty consultant gives consumers personalized, individual attention that will help them find the best products for their skin. Shop with a Mary Kay consultant who you know, or find one near you on Mary Kay’s website.

• Full range of products: Find a full range of fragrances, cosmetics and skin/sun care  products on Mary Kay’s website. Your Mary Kay consultant can help you with all of your skincare needs, from eyeshadow to sunscreen.

Mary Kay Cosmetics Company Information