2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.13/5

Mary Kay Cosmetics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mary Kay Cosmetics?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mary Kay Cosmetics?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Mary Kay's cosmetic products not only look great on, but they feel weightless and natural. The selection of colors and formulas is for all skin types and shades.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

The brand is a affordable. And compared with supermarket products are good. Anti-aging are very good and also their consultants always help their customers and try to do their best.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I have a skin allergy. Mary Kay has a line of makeup and skin care products which I am able to effectively use to keep my skin healthy and achieve the look I want.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I like Mary Kay's foundation, they do not have lipstick that's my color, plus it doesn't stay on. Lipstick is the hardest to find that looks good on me for my age.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I have spent approx 3 hours of my life trying to get a refund from Mary Kay because their consultant is awful. Paid with debit card but they insist on mailing a check! Still no refund after 2 MONTHS of calling. Consultant I used is a scammer!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I ordered 2-Ultimate Black Mascara directly from the official Mary Kay website. I received the product timely. The product was expired with a manufacture date of January 8, 2000. I emailed the Mary Kay representative several times and did not get a reply. I emailed Mary Kay website directly and received a reply they received my email and had 3 days to respond back. No response back has been provided. I called the customer service telephone number several times with just being put on hold.

I finally returned the expired product via mail requesting a replacement. Of course, no reponse back, no fresh product replacement, nothing. Just took my money and sold me product I cannot use. I have bought Mary Kay product via eBay and received expired product. I thought buying direct from their website would guarantee fresh product. I was wrong. Mary Kay claims to guarantee their product and customer satisfaction. It has been over a month and I have received no response. I love Mary Kay product and used them for years. Will never again buy Mary Kay and make sure people know it.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I have been to a couple Mary Kay cosmetic parties. I always received the free samples of the Time wise age minimize 3d eye cream. Love it, smells wonderful works great. I ordered for the very first time the full size exact product. It took over 2 weeks to receive it. The first one they sent never arrived and never got a tracking number when the product was shipped so the sent another still took 2 weeks to get it. Started using it and it's not the same as the samples. Doesn't work or smell as good as the samples. Very disappointed, first and last time ever purchaser. Will never buy from Mary Kay products again.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I have used Mary Kay for over 30 years. I ordered a new set of Timewise and was shocked at the perfume smell. I have very dry skin and the only thing ever worked on my skin was Mary Kay. I washed my face with the cleanser and my face burned and when my skin dried felt like it was going to crack. I applied the night cream and wow my face turned red and burned like anything. What is wrong with these people? Next morning same thing. I threw it in the trash. Goodbye Mary Kay. More money and horrible product. Sad. If there was a -15 I would give it that as a rating.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I needed to return a product and the consultant they assigned me to told me to send pics of the product. I did that and explained why I wanted to return the product. She basically ignored me after that. I called the Mary Kay customer service line. Less than helpful. They told me they will reach out to her and she would contact me in 2 business days. Nothing. I then sent a email to Mary Kay with all info, pics of product, copy of emails to my so-called consultant. They asked for more info, which I provided. It’s been a week and nothing. Do yourself a favor and go to an actual store/make-up counter with a real consultant who wants you to be happy with their product. Mary Kay should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Had tried products in the past, they were ok. Nothing special. Eyeshadow pigmentation disappointing. Not much of a variety. Prefer other brands. Won a “free microdermabrasion facial” “pampering session” from a local restaurant, definitely wasn’t expecting to show up to a sales pitch, trying to be recruited as a rep and the facial being pea sized product I’d put on myself. To call that a microdermabrasion facial is laughable. Nothing pampering about trying to be sold a ton of expensive skincare products you don’t need and being hammered about joining the sales team. I do love makeup but was only shown 1 eyeliner and 4 eyeshadows. And even with a $25 gift certificate still paid $7 for 1 liquid shadow and eyeliner pen.

Mary Kay Cosmetics author review by ConsumerAffairs

Mary Kay Ash was an entrepreneur who launched her cosmetics company Beauty by Mary Kay in 1963. Her skincare line for men launched in 1964. Today, three and a half million Mary Kay independent consultants are empowered to sell products online and in person to make a commission and receive discounts on their own Mary Kay products.

• Virtual makeover app: Use Mary Kay’s virtual makeover app, available on the Apple app store, Google Play and the Amazon app store, to get a realistic portrait of how their products will look on you. Virtually test out different shades of eyeshadow, lipstick and more with no risk.

• Resources: Mary Kay’s online resources include videos and articles that offer beauty advice. Learn ideas for beauty on a budget, tips for every skin tone and more on Mary Kay’s website.

• Social responsibility: Mary Kay is committed to positively impacting the world with their recycling initiative, sustainability initiative and commitment to ending domestic violence around the world with their “Don’t Look Away” campaign.

• Personalized attention: Shopping with a Mary Kay beauty consultant gives consumers personalized, individual attention that will help them find the best products for their skin. Shop with a Mary Kay consultant who you know, or find one near you on Mary Kay’s website.

• Full range of products: Find a full range of fragrances, cosmetics and skin/sun care  products on Mary Kay’s website. Your Mary Kay consultant can help you with all of your skincare needs, from eyeshadow to sunscreen.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team