2.18/5
Based on 45 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

47 Mary Kay Cosmetics Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

For YEARS I have peered the TimeWise Daily Moisturizer & LOVED it. The tube contained 3 oz of product for $32. Well, I just received my latest order. They have DOWNSIZED the tube to ONLY 1.7 oz & are STILL charging a whopping $32. Talk about CORPORATE GREED. NO MORE!!! I've ordered the LAST of Mary Kay. I hope the unbridled GREED is worth the customer base you will, most definitely, be losing.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have been using Mary KAY since 1999. The skincare is top notch while affordable. The makeup is amazing too. I love trying before you buy. My consultant is always there to answer my questions. I have NEVER felt pressure to buy products. The company culture is VERY supportive of women donating millions to women’s shelters and diseases that affect women. They are also environmentally friendly using recycled material in packaging.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 5, 2018

I sold and used Mary Kay for years and loved it. They gave a great return policy and once you know a salesperson you always have an in to get the product.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I was invited to the Grand Opening of a friend’s Mary Kay business. Initially, I blew it off because I felt that I would be pressured into buying things and that it would be a waste of time. I was part of a group of people that were invited to this grand opening. The day of the grand opening, no one showed up. Therefore, my friend and her trainer/mentor rescheduled it for today. I got a text on Monday from her mentor stating how important it was for me to attend the grand opening on Saturday morning because if she didn’t have any models, she wouldn’t be able to be trained.

So here I was thinking that I was going to get a facial and some make up and everything. The grand opening began at 9:45 AM. I got there 5 minutes late thinking that I was really going to embarrass my friend with my tardiness. However, when I walked in, they were not even set up and ready. They ran 15 minutes behind and all of the guests just stood around awkwardly waiting for the grand opening to begin. It was awful. The facial that we were supposed to receive, we did ourselves. So here I drove 35 minutes out of my way on my Saturday morning under the impression that my friend’s training was absolutely contingent on my attendance. She didn’t touch me once.

I did my own facial and applied my own make-up while listening to her mentor give a seminar on the history of Mary Kay, all of their products, and how much money she has earned with Mary Kay. I would have rather have spent the night in jail than to sit through all of that crap. It was horrible. They also promised us a complimentary continental breakfast, which by the time we were allowed to eat it, it was 12:00 noon. So that defeated the purpose. It was just so turned off by the entire experience.

Towards the end we played a “game” which consisted of going through our phones and writing down as many females contacts as possible. So they tricked us into giving them leads under the impression that we would win a prize. We didn’t win any prizes. When I got home, I was so furious. I also read that many other consumers had broken out in either hives or acne bumps after using their products. I immediately showered and scrubbed all of their products off. I understand in sales that “if you’re not lying, you’re not trying,” but this experience took the cake.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I have a very close friend who became a MK consultant not too long ago... maybe two months. She gave me a makeover and it was a good time. While she was giving me the low down on all of the products for 2 hours, I wanted to kill myself. I purchased the $200 kit along with blush, eyeshadow. (I DID NOT WANT THE LIPSTICK)!! She said my lipstick made me look like a corpse. The bronzer was a good buy. I also purchased brushes and blush, which I liked. Needless to say, I spent $345 for the kit and kaboodle. No problem. I got home the next day and was overwhelmed with all of the steps needed to put on the makeup in the morning and evening.

I was at work and noticed how bad the foundation looked on my face. With all of the moisturizers, I looked like the Valdez Oil spill. Because she is a very good friend, I took the hit. The nighttime moisturizer burns the heck out of my face. What I didn't appreciate, was her telling me how badly my makeup looked (before) and I would look much better with MK products. Needless to say, I am going back to my CoCo Chanel!!! All of the MK products will be in the trash. Moisturizers, base, cover up, cleanser and that damn lipstick she made me buy! The only thing I liked the loose powder and the brushes!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mary Kay Cosmetics?

Original review: April 17, 2018

I ordered from a friend of mine that started out with Mary Kay, out of state, and I wanted her to succeed so I ordered from her. A month and a half went by and no order. I contacted Mary Kay Corp on April 17, 2018. I received a call back 9 hours later and the Rep on the phone came up with 100 excuses why I never received my order. I am NOT mad at my friend, but with the Rep that called me. She explained my credit card WAS charged and she needed me to verify that the card WAS charged. BUT I received an email explaining to me that my credit card was never charged. HMMMMM... let's see... Mary Kay says I was NOT charged and then all of a sudden I was charged a month and a half ago, today.

I am in Law School and this is a GREAT example of a civil lawsuit waiting to happen. If they did indeed charge me for my order in either February when I placed my order, or (today) in April when I contacted Mary Kay about my order, they are GUILTY on both accounts of fraud. As a Corporation, they committed fraud by not charging me as in agreement with buying the products and then, as they agreed on the phone that they did charge me or they did charge me. If they did charge me again, in April, when they contacted me by phone, they are committing fraud without my knowledge. This company has lost my faith in them and I will NEVER purchase from them again. Buyer Beware! Consultants... find something else to do with your time!!!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have read many of the reviews about Mary Kay and am quite surprised by many of them... Mary Kay has been in business since 1963. The format pretty much remains the same, except now there is social media. You invite people to have a pampering party, and you are shown the products, you get to use them, find your color, like or not like something, and buy or not buy. The fact that many of you felt you were "duped" means you read more into this than it was. An MK consultant cannot touch your face... you must do that. How many of you really felt you were getting a free salon facial for free? Why would someone do that? This is how Mary Kay advertises... thru consultants. Not all are good, not all are reliable, but many, many love this business and are excellent at it! Next time look it up on the computer so you know what you are getting in to... or call the consultant!

Original review: March 21, 2018

Hi, I am having a terrible experience dealing with this company’s customer service. I was selected for a free makeover where this lady name Dawn who is the president of the company in New Jersey branch. She came to my place to basically show me about the company history and the products, also on sharing my friends' contact I received some free products from her. I then bought some more products from her in spite the fact that I already was comfortable with my current products just to give a try to a new company. I bought a CC Cream from her saying that let me try if it does not work I will return you back. After trying the CC Cream I did not like it so I told her about my experience but she insisted to me to try one more color. She sent me another CC Cream to try but unfortunately it did not work for me, so I was trying to reach her to return it back.

This time she told me the story that she cannot take the return but need to buy something else. I was amazed by this and I decided to buy a eye gel. I am trying to reach her since a week but she is not calling me or picking up my calls. She is saying me that I need to ship her back the both the CC Cream after that she will order the eye gel. I told her that why do I need to spend money on courier to return the stuff back. When she was trying to make me one of the representative under her she use to call me every day and message. Now her purpose is over so she is now not responding to me. I just want to return the CC Cream and get my eye gel by next week since I am traveling for 2 months and end this transaction. I am just so done with this and would never recommend anyone for Mary Kay, very poor service by people at a President level.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I bought some cosmetics from this woman named Shilpi in Saskatoon Saskatchewan. She demanded the money in advance saying that she couldn't pay for the product up front so I paid her. I did not get my items after 3 months of begging and phoning and emailing. She became rude and abusive cursing and swearing and issuing threats of what she could get people to do to me and my property if I continued to contact her. I am out $746 and $0.22. I should take a fraud case against her but I hear she's in deep financial trouble with many people so therefore I would just be in the lineup of other people that she ripped off.

She is one pushy woman and I was a fool to purchase anything from her because she has such a dislikable personality but I felt that the products might help with my skin issues but I never did get to find out because she got the money and I got nothing. I would say do not do business with Mary Kay based on this Shilpi from Saskatoon because if they sanction and condone sales reps like her I can just imagine what it would be like if you had a problem with the product. I do not read much good about Mary Kay or their pushy salespeople who are just simply dishonest and in it for a quick cash grab and move on to the next sucker.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My fiancé received a free pampering session after winning a contest at restaurant. She and I went with two others. It was less of a pampering and more of a seminar where we listened to the achievements of every consultant there. It was boring but we got to try free product. Well they try and recruit you as well, telling you about all the money you can make. At the time I was interested in becoming a consultant. I was out a job and thought it might be a good new experience. Well the lady who was running our party ignored me in favor of the other people with us, despite me being the first to show interest. So I decided against it fast.

My fiancé bought a decent amount of stuff and she set up a payment plan. So flash forward a few weeks and my fiancé lost her job because the store she was working at closed and her other job only worked her 10 hours a week. All this was unexpected so we made sure to communicate these things with her and she told us to let her know when she should start payments again. At this point the Mary Kay lady had given my fiancé a little under half of what she bought. At another party I was invited to by my sister, I was given the rest of my fiancé's goods before any more payments were made and in the middle of the job mess.

Flash forward a couple of months and my fiancé has more hours at her current job, however we are behind on some bills. All through this, we are communicating our situation and she seems to be understanding. Then one night in the middle of a family emergency, we get a text from the lady's assistant asking if it would be okay to take out a big chunk of money. Due to the emergency, we did not respond right away. Not even an hour later, I checked our account and the money was missing without us saying it was okay. We told the assistant that the money was rent money and we could pay $50 every other week in correspondence with my fiancé's paycheck and the amount was agreed on. And now just today, we get a text saying they are going to take out money on a day that was not agreed on. We have not received the rest of the money they said they would put back.

The icing on the cake is that the Mary Kay seller is saying how she needs the 150 that is remaining to provide for her family. Thing is, she has made enough to get a free car that gas is covered by the company and now she has an assistant that she did not have at the beginning of all this. Here I am working two jobs at the moment to catch up on some bill and for Christmas. And this lady has the nerve to say that the money we owe her is life or death. And she is not even saying it to our faces but instead through her assistant. While I do understand that she basically runs her own business, it is not her fault for giving us all the product when steady payments were not being made and leaving it up to chance and letting us take so long to pay. She should of kept them until they were paid for. Mary Kay has great products but beware if you buy from them. They are more concerned about the money and making a sale than keeping clients.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Product is always reliable, less expensive than some store brands and they have sufficient variety of colors and products for various types of skin. Also, polite and knowledgeable sales representative.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I have used Mary Kay products for almost 20 years. I won't use anything else. It also saves me money because my rep knows exactly my foundation color and helped me find a color pallet that matches my tone. This has saved me a lot of money over the years. I love their product so much that I have decided to become a Mary Kay consultant.

Original review: June 4, 2017

A friend of mine recently bought a dress from Davids Bridal Tampa. Through this purchase she somehow was automatically entered into and won an "ultimate pampering package for you and 6 friends." This "treatment" included a deep pore cleanse, a microdermabrasion treatment, lip and hand treatment. We were promised "free pampering and a goodie bag." Initial communication was through email and the representative never referred to themselves as a Mary Kay sales rep, but as MK Skincare. My girlfriends and I coordinated a date for a spa day. Some of us took off work and others arranged for childcare. We traveled an hour south for this "pampering."

2 hours prior to the appointment the winner received a text from the consultant asking to reschedule. We tried to reach the consultant, but we were unsuccessful. We had already made the trek down there, so we went to the appointment. When we arrived at the St Pete studio we were greeted by two women that were surprised to see us. Our presence seemed to inconvenience them. We were told that our contact went home sick and that we could still receive pampering, but no goodie bags. One of the women brought us into a room that was decorated in Mary Kay posters and furnished with a cheap foldable table and chairs. The 5 of us were told to sit down at the table as makeup palette trays were placed in front of each of us. For the next NINETY minutes we were given a history of Mary Kay, a walk through the products (without ANY information on the safety or ingredients in each product), and a sales pitch to order and sell Mary Kay products.

This was the most deceptive encounter I have ever endured with a product line. The sales representative had an attitude when there was hesitation to try a product due to health concerns and conditions. The funniest moment was when she told the group that we would play a game for a chance to win a gift card. She handed out papers and pens and proceeded to ask us to write down as many women's names and phone numbers for a pampering session. The winner received a business card for $10 off Mary Kay products. Within hours of this sales pitch one of the women broke out in hives on the entire upper half of her body. I will never purchase any product from Mary Kay. Deception is not a good sales tactic.

Original review: March 30, 2017

First of all a few years back they changed their concealer. The packaging is smaller and the price was raised. Then the price was increased once more. Now they have done away with the original conceal and replaced it with a product that is not as good and still even less product with a higher price. Mary Kay used to have hands-down the best mascara in the industry. Mary Kay used to have hands-down!! They started to change the actual product but kept the packaging.

I noticed that my eyelashes begin to fall out. My customers quit ordering it. Now they have other mascara products that Are not as good and I nor my customers buy the mascara anymore. The packaging of the eyeshadow in the blush has changed. You get much less product and the price is higher and the quality is not as good as it was at one time. My two faves mascara and concealer have been changed in order for the company to make more money by selling sub optimal product (less of it for a higher price).

But the upside to this is I had to look for a new foundation and the foundation Born this Way offers full coverage. I don't even need the concealer and it feels really good on my face. So anyone who feels like me and is looking for something new and better try Born This Way foundation. I do not work for the company. My 16-year-old daughter told me about it. Anyway just kind of bummed out and feel let down by Mary Kay. By the way I sold and used Mary Kay for 15 years. There is no reason for me to sell it anymore.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I recently had a bad experience with Mary Kay. I won a drawing for a free one hour facial! The prize was for a 1 hour pampering facial & one on one beauty consultation, & free samples. So I made an appt. with the beauty for my facial. I was really looking forward to just relax and be pampered. So I went to the consultant's house in Little Elm, TX. When I got there I went inside, and she took me into her kitchen. There were 2 other girls sitting at a table with little plastic trays in front of them. I was really confused for a minute. I asked her about the facial & she said "Yeah, there's a little numbered tray in front of you, & I've already squirted some of each product in the numbered spots. Now I'm gonna walk you through each step & show you how to do it." I said, "So basically we give ourselves a facial while you watch?", she replied "Yeah". So much for relaxing.:(

Ok so that sucked but at least I'll get a goodie bag with some samples at least, so it's not that bad, right? She told me that since I was a box winner from the drawing I get a "swag bag" when I leave. I was really looking forward to it the whole time. Once I had left and was down the street I opened the bag ready to see all the goodies, but instead my heart sank. All I got was 1 packet of pore minimizer & 1 packet of microdermabrasion, a mint & her business card. That is THE worst swag bag I've ever seen. I felt kinda taken advantage of. Like she tricked me by misleading me into thinking I'd be getting a traditional facial. And then that "swag bag" that was just a slap in the face. I get more samples than that out of a magazine! After that experience I don't think I'll be buying any more products nor referring any of my friends to either. Sorry, I really like your products. Just had a bad experience & bad consultant.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I bought a few MK cosmetics from a friend that had just started selling them, and it was my first time using the products. Sadly I got breakouts. Really bad ones too. I bought a blush, mascara and bb cream. My eyelashes also started thinning. I stopped using the mascara immediately and with continuous oil treatments of castor and sweet almond they are back to a healthy state. My chin got nasty breakouts and my cheeks didn't like it either. MK doesn't strike me as high-end products but I didn't expect that and I don't have super sensitive skin in the past. But boy did I get it wrong. I am sure many people would have the opposite reaction but sadly I would never use that product again. Sorry.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I have been looking for a new product for a while since I use minimal makeup and I have heard that Mary Kay is good for sensitive skin so I thought I'd give the entire kit a try. So almost $300 later my skin has never looked so bad. It started off with getting pimples on my chin which I was told was normal in the first 30 days... and then was told that pimples on your chin is because of hormones. Then the pimples reached my cheeks and forehead which you can call hormones all you want but I call b.s. I started getting A LOT of redness around and on my nose and very dry flakey skin. It is now giving my skin a burning sensation. I am not going to continue this product and will be asking for my money back. I do not recommend this product. The only thing I actually enjoyed is the mascara.

Updated on 02/17/2017: Just an update. My representative (the director... the best part) Rebecca ** from Spokane W.A, wanted to play goose chase about me returning my products after I had a very bad reaction to the product (red blotchy flaking skin and eventually after about 2-3 weeks started burning like crazy to where it woke me up out of sleep) and she just kept telling me "your skin is getting used to it and proceeded to beg me to keep the product or exchange out for another product."

She first tried telling me I could only do an in store credit until I took a picture of the policy page and sent it to her and threatened to go to corporate to get my refund. Only then was she willing to do my cash refund. But then she blew me off three times in a row when I was trying to give the product back because of Church... or family time... or sickness so I finally told her that I was tired of the run around and that I would be going through corporate after all. And then she said "oh well lets meet up after you get off work and I will give you your check." I let her know that it should have been offered in the first place especially since I live two blocks away from her Mary Kay office.

I put a complaint into corporate and they said they would call her and let her know we needed to meet up a.s.a.p and they did call her but she never once got ahold of me. So I called corporate again, and they recommended that I just mail the products to Texas (which I plan to do but have to pay to ship it there and have the shipping costs refunded to me once it gets to them). But the final straw was today when I got an email from Mary Kay and they emailed me not only my response, but Rebecca's as well. Rebecca tried to save her own hide and told them that she tried meeting up with me but I didn't show up. This lady has some nerve!!!

Being in sales, I would have never dreamed of pulling half of the crap that this lady did. For one trying to guilt trip me saying this is how she feeds her kids, lying about the return policy so that she didn't take a hit on her commission, and then lying to corporate saying that I never showed up to return the product. Well Rebecca, I saved all the text messages of you blowing me off constantly and sent that to corporate too. Learn better customer service. They will blow up your phone when you are interested in buying their products but as soon as you want to return something, you will get so cold shouldered it's not even funny. Good luck. I would never buy this cheap makeup again (not cheap in price, but quality).

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

You get to try before you buy. Returns are easy. Skin care for every type of skin issue. I have used Mary Kay for years. Skin care sets are available for every skin care type. The make up is top quality and you are taught by your consultant how to use all of it. They have it all, bath/body, fragrances, even products for men.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Very happy with Mary Kay Cosmetics. I started using Mary Kay almost 30 years ago. I have tried others over the years but always go back to Mary Kay. They have everything you could want or need. My face always feels great using Mary Kay and the products seem to last forever and that is a great value. Very easy to get. I don't even have to go to the store. I order what I want and my Mary Kay Rep Brings it right to my house. She always put a little gift in my bag and I love that little extra.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

It's the only makeup I've ever used that hasn't broke me out! Well I've tried many different kinds of makeup, and they all broke me out so I tried Mary Kay and no break outs, so I haven't used anything since. I love all their products -- face wash, eye cream, foundation, blush, eye shadow, eye liner, etc., I could go on and on about it. The one thing I love the most is how little it takes, all the others take so much and it seems like you're always at the store having to get more. With Mary Kay I just have to make a phone call and it comes to me. Another thing I love about it is that you don't feel like you have any makeup on. And you're not always having to reapply. It's a great company to get your makeup with and you'll love it too.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Mary Kay cosmetics is reasonably priced; and covers multiple skin complexions; always get compliments when wearing product. Make-up creates a flawless skin appearance; and lasts throughout a 16+ hour time-frame. Hate when any of their products are discontinued.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

When I went with a friend to one of the parties, everything was fine and dandy. I wake up the next morning and my face is all itchy around my jawline and in crevice around my mouth. I know it was from the products because this doesn't happen every day and magically happened after I used their products.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I decided to help a neighbor that bought Mary Kay products to sell. Felt bad for her so I had her over to do a Mary Kay party with 3 other friends. Well let's just say it was very unpleasant to have this host pass out in the middle of my floor higher than a kite. Walk to her place to get more products (lives in walking distance) to show which wasn't needed, there was plenty of products to look at. Fell asleep at her place getting products then fell asleep on the floor when she got back. To top it off we gave her cash. She gave me one of my products that was 32$ which was junk and 16$ that I gave her for a product which I never received. Then the item my girlfriend order was never delivered which the lady said she would give to me to give my girlfriend. That was 3 weeks ago. So total of 40$ out of my pocket to cover my girlfriend that never got her product.

To top the cake off she accused us of two products missing which was ridiculous. My friends make damn good money, they don't need to take from someone that's obviously ill. She had said she didn't even know what her inventory when we ask if she had a certain products. So I would say I would never do this again. Funny story to tell I guess.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

Excellent product. Their mascara is awesome, it makes people like me with too short eyelashes look long and beautiful. The night time (Timewise) moisturizer, that's what it is or something close to that, is a great moisturizer. A little bit goes a long ways. So it is definitely worth the cost.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

Yes I am from Virginia. My Mary Kay consultant is Varonda ** of Chesterfield Virginia. I became acquainted with Varonda at a friend's wedding. She was the makeup consultant and she became my Mary Kay consultant since that day. I've been using the bronze concealer for years then the name change to bronze 1. It was a black tube, it had .3 oz Net WT./ 8.5g/ now the new concealer in its fancy tube that you got to push in and out to get the product out like you were pumping out lip gloss with the little brush on it. At 4 more dollars and less product at .21 oz. Net WT./6g. Now in spite of my consultant and I being friends over the years I may have to go out and find another product Summer and the same ingredients but more product for the buck.

I have been laid off lately and finances are struggle but I always prided myself on looking great everyday. Now I can't afford my concealer at the price Plus less product. It's gone within 3 weeks, with the tube it lasted for months without me having to purchase more so quickly at $16 and some change. Disappointed Mary Kay very disappointed. I've been a lover of Mary Kay products ever since 1986. Now I may have to find something else.

I'm in the process of now. I'm going to Macy's or Dillard's checking out the ingredients to make sure the product is good for my face and not going to break me out - something I never had to worry about as far as a concealer with Mary Kay but being that the new bottle is more important than your customer than keep paying for the bottle - oh the lip gloss models - who cares about that. I don't have a problem with school using mine and I'll take 2 and then listen to when it's almost gone you can cut the bottom and get the rest of the product out a couple more days it last.

My consultant also is afraid she's going to lose a lot of customers due to this new and fancy bottle that nobody gives a hoot about. Check yourself either the product the new bottle and no clients but you got a new fancy bottle and a lot less product for $4 and change more we can't afford it and we know how to do math.

P.S. Please change back before I won't have to go nowhere else if it's not broke why try to fix it. Why? That's all I'm saying. Can't be about money. Mary Kay has been around for quite some time. I was thinking about becoming a consultant but now I don't know. I know I'm a circle of friends well I work at office and we want to look good and represent who we are as ** women but we can't afford home family and paying for a product that is going up and we're not getting the product not understand $16 if you added a couple more ounces on to that.... again think about it, please hurry.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I started using Mary Kay somewhere between the 1959-1963. I am now 75 years old. I never had pimples in my life. Now I do. I used all #1 products. I do realize I have aged and our bodies change. Have you ever considered producing the original products again? The original oatmeal mask was especially a wonderful blessing and we mixed it with water. Then it changed and came premixed and that was good too. I always applied mask two nights a week. Now my pores are large and I truly believe if I had the original mask my problems would be solved. I loved the makeup that you put on with water. Now the makeup seems to be greasy. My skin is now dry. I used all the products as instructed.

I do not love the TimeWise products of today. In fact, I really don't love any of them. Yes I do, the Extra Emollient Night Cream. I'm thrilled that it is still available. I was a Mary Kay consultant for several years until I was hired as a civilian employee for the Air Force. Do you remember some years back the Coca-Cola Co. decided to change the coke? They came out with a new name, Classic Coke. That change wasn't a good change and they went back to the old coke recipe. On one side of a can of Coke it says, Coke original formula. Could you not bring the original Mary Kay products back as an option for customers to purchase? Thank you for your time and will look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 12, 2016

I have used Mary Kay Cosmetics for more than 40 years. Over the last few years the product has changed and I am no longer happy. Although I have tried some of the "replacement" products, now that I am completely out of Day Radiance I am going to find another line. I realize the desire to be modern, but I see these changes as letting go of your older, faithful customers who, frankly, need your product to remain vital and young looking. I have always credited my 62-year-old-face that looks like I'm 40 to 2 things: good genes and Mary Kay. I will always have good genes but I'm looking for a replacement for Mary Kay.

Original review: June 12, 2016

I am writing to see if anyone other than me gets frustrated with trying to get the mineral powder out for use with the current container? I have used this for many years and like the product. however, am daily ticked because I have to use a brush to "beat" the powder out of the container, which is very small too! I have tried to stay loyal to Mary Kay (started using at 18) and have used for 30+ years. Due to products changing over the years I am only a consumer for certain products now. Wondered if someone has ever considered a different packaging so that consumers can actually use all of the product paid for and don't have to leave a small percentage of product in the container because it's impossible to get it out. Attached is a pic of a brush that I've used to "beat" the powder out of the container. Your thoughts?

Original review: June 5, 2016

I love Mary Kay products. I have been using the skin care line for a month. What a difference in the feel and look of my skin. I will never buy another line of cosmetics.

Original review: May 19, 2016

Tried already a number of foundations from other brands and Mary Kay's TimeWise liquid foundation was the only one that my skin loved - clean, firm and smooth finish look plus no breakouts after. I'm glad I finally discovered what's perfect for my skin and I'm removing it with regular soap too. I think it's for all skin type so to those who haven't tried it yet and still struggling finding the right product for their skin, maybe all you need is this product of Mary Kay to have that effortlessly flawless skin.

Mary Kay Cosmetics expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Mary Kay Ash was an entrepreneur who launched her cosmetics company Beauty by Mary Kay in 1963. Her skincare line for men launched in 1964. Today, three and a half million Mary Kay independent consultants are empowered to sell products online and in person to make a commission and receive discounts on their own Mary Kay products.

• Virtual makeover app: Use Mary Kay’s virtual makeover app, available on the Apple app store, Google Play and the Amazon app store, to get a realistic portrait of how their products will look on you. Virtually test out different shades of eyeshadow, lipstick and more with no risk.

• Resources: Mary Kay’s online resources include videos and articles that offer beauty advice. Learn ideas for beauty on a budget, tips for every skin tone and more on Mary Kay’s website.

• Social responsibility: Mary Kay is committed to positively impacting the world with their recycling initiative, sustainability initiative and commitment to ending domestic violence around the world with their “Don’t Look Away” campaign.

• Personalized attention: Shopping with a Mary Kay beauty consultant gives consumers personalized, individual attention that will help them find the best products for their skin. Shop with a Mary Kay consultant who you know, or find one near you on Mary Kay’s website.

• Full range of products: Find a full range of fragrances, cosmetics and skin/sun care  products on Mary Kay’s website. Your Mary Kay consultant can help you with all of your skincare needs, from eyeshadow to sunscreen.

• Best for: Mary Kay is best for women who want a personalized skincare shopping experience.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs