2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5

MAC Cosmetics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MAC Cosmetics?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about MAC Cosmetics?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I recently visited the Tapasya One Mac store in Gurgaon.. Jess was wonderful while helping me to select the right concealer and foundation for my skin tone. He was very knowledgeable and pro in his makeup skills.. Keep up the good work Jess.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Mac is an excellent cosmetics company. They carry quality makeup, with a variety of products including foundation, coverup, mascara, eye color makeup, lipstick, blush, cosmetic brushes of all types and varieties, etc.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Mac products and representatives are outstanding, the product is made of good quality and last long. The young ladies working at the kiosk in Newport News, VA are all professionals, their station is always neat and clean.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I love this product. I am never disappointed. The makeup line stays on all day and sometimes I work 9 hour days. I never have to touch up my makeup. The lipsticks rarely smear and are long-lasting. Mac always comes out with new colors and I would recommend this line to anyone.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Not sure if others have experienced this but I have been wearing Mac eyeliner for years but my black Twistable eyeliner hardened, making it unwearable. Frustrating when this happens since their products are so expensive. I did not save my receipt and I’ve read on other online reviews that MAC refuses to up your history so clients don’t have to bring in a receipt. MAC has terrible customer service and no loyalty to its long-time clients or even commitment to its own successful products. They switch products all the time. I will not buy their eyeliner anymore; I switched to Avon as they have fantastic eyeliners at a third of the price.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I ordered a foundation from MAC Cosmetics. I received a confirmation email and everything...2 days later I received an email stating that they would be unable to process my order. They didn't give me a reason why and didn't return my money and still haven't. I've tried calling and doing the virtual chat...No one has Cared enough to return my correspondences. I'm very upset and wouldn't want anyone else to suffer this same experience. It makes you feel that companies can treat their customers any kind of way and not have to answer to anyone about their bad business practices. Don't waste your time. Go to Amazon. They had the MAC cosmetics. I tried to order and they always contact me immediately about any account discrepancies.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I have purchased MAC for some time, although not exclusively. My favorite products are the Extra Dimension Blush, SkinFinish, mascara, and all lipsticks. Recently the blush and Skinfinish containers broke. The clear plastic insert falls out of the frame, exposing the makeup to surrounding purse items or breaking the blush altogether. I contacted MAC about this. They only offered to replace ONE item. When I chose the EXACT SAME item to replace, they declined to do so, citing a new color. I chose another item and they declined as it is an "exclusive" product. I GIVE UP. They clearly do not care about a customer spending $30.00 on blush and then making sure it lasts. I will never buy makeup from this company again. I will also discontinue use of all lipstick and mascara on principle alone. There are plenty of competitors more than willing to value their customers.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I had a very bad experience. I had purchased a product from MAC King of Prussia, PA and made a payment. Upon payment the salesman in the store observed that the product is not available in store. So, he makes an online order and tells me that the product will be shipped to my home in 3 days. After 10 days, I didn't receive the item, so I went to the store. There, the salesperson told me to call the customer service.

Now the funny story starts. On calling the customer service for an Order ID present in the receipt, their system was not able to trace it. So, the representative put me on hold for an hour and when I demanded to speak with the supervisor, they say that they can see the bill and payment details but not the online order id. He proceeds to tell me that he will get back to me the next day. Now the customer service representative (Carol) calls me after 2 days during work hours and does not have the decency to check whether it was convenient for the customer to talk, and starts telling me that the item is not available and whether I would like to get a refund.

I respond back saying yes. Now, the story manages to get funnier, she tells me that she cannot refund my payment because the order was cancelled. Now imagine. The Bill is available to her. She sees the payment amount with no credit. She sees the item number present in the bill and she cannot refund online. I have to go back to store again to get my refund. With this episode, I would not recommend ANYBODY to go to the MAC store. This company is dependent on customer satisfaction and if they cannot take care of their customers, I would suggest you try other products available in the market where they take good care of customers. Total waste of my time. Disappointment.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

It's amazing how they sell gifts but refuse to take them back! NEVER EVER SHOP THERE or recommend anyone to do so. I am very disappointed with the customer service and support both in store and online.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Shipping is slow. I cant review quality of cosmetics yet because I still havent received my items. Sadly I have called and emailed with no help from customer service. I will not order from them again and will return what I did order if it ever gets here.

MAC Cosmetics author review by ConsumerAffairs

Known for their bright colors and bold makeup statements, MAC cosmetics is a prestige makeup brand with a heavy emphasis on the artistry behind makeup. Their makeup is featured on stage at New York’s fashion week, and consumers can find MAC products at select high-end retailers.

• Make a statement: MAC’s bold colors allow men and women to make a statement with their makeup on the runway, on Halloween or in their everyday life. MAC honors individuality and uniqueness, and their makeup allows for dramatic application and creativity.

• Consultations: Consumers who aren’t sure where to start with MAC’s line of products can schedule a free 10-minute overview with a MAC consultant to learn about their products. Consumers can also schedule 30, 60 or 90-minute makeup applications with their local MAC representative.

• MAC makeup studio: MAC’s first ever makeup studio is now open in New York City. Schedule an appointment for a makeup application or  lesson customized just for you.

• MAC AIDS Fund: In 1994, RuPaul was the first face of MAC’s VIVA GLAM lipstick, a product that was created to raise money and awareness for the AIDS epidemic. Then and now, 100 percent of the purchase price of VIVA GLAM lipstick (minus VAT when applicable) goes toward the MAC AIDS Fund. The fund provides financial support to underserved populations and regions around the world, and to date has raised over $400 million solely from the sale of VIVA GLAM lipstick.

• Against animal testing: MAC products have never been tested on animals, and the company is actively working to eliminate animal testing in all cosmetic brands, ingredients and companies. They have recently partnered with the Institute for In Vitro Sciences (IIVS) in an effort to eradicate the practice of animal testing.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team