2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

3.9/5 (133 ratings)

About MAC Cosmetics

MAC Cosmetics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MAC Cosmetics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MAC Cosmetics?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Ever since I was introduced to MAC Cosmetics I like the way it matches my skin tone. It doesn’t feel too heavy. It gives me the coverage that I need. I am happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

It cover my pimples I am allergic on. I’ve just about everything with my sensitive skin. Whatever I eat or whatever I touch a break out. I have used creams for my face to remove the scar tissues on.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I’ve been using my Mac Studio Finish foundation with SPF for years. I love this product as I’ve found the perfect match for my skin color which tends to be on the redder side.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

Word from friends was that Mac was too expensive, so I wanted to see for myself. They are pricey, but it's worth every dime. They sell a large variety of makeup for **.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

It is amazing what the Mac products can do to highlight and contour my naturally beautiful face. The colors match my complexion and I never look like I have on a mask or caked up powder on my face.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I writing this review because I am very disappointed, MAC Cosmetics disappointed me on a very important valentine vacation, and the customer service that I received from M.A.C., I placed my order online because I don’t have a M.A.C. store in my area. I ordered over $100 and 3 weeks before going on vacation. I ordered on M.A.C. website. Also states ships within 7-10 business days. I placed my order 1/25/21 and received confirmation. MAC; “pleased to inform you that your items are available, and we begun to processing your order”. Expected ship 1-28-21. Once shipped you will receive a shipped Tracking number."

Tracking # received but could not be tracked, I called customer service. They said give a few more days. Still no package. Left to go on vacation 2-11-21. (No package or date of delivery). Received my order after my vacation 2-17-21. Called customer service. They said “we are sorry for your inconvenience, and we will send you a return label, and you can locate a drop off box, after we receive your package we will refund your money”. After waiting 3 weeks for my order how can I trust your shipping method/process for a refund. M.A.C. Cosmetics online you are not worthy of my time, and I would like to provide advice to others, don’t turn to M.A.C Cosmetics if you are needing to replace your cosmetic and don’t rely on M.A.C. for an important vacation and want to look your best for a very important event. No thank you MAC!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

So after waiting for so long I finally received my order today and when open the box one item was missing. I messaged them and they were replying to every message super late. So I called them and after waiting for more than an hour a Mac agent received the call, I told her my concern that my item is missing. Guess what she said, that item is “out of stock”. Who sells out of stock items? Then I ask her, if that item is not available can you send some other item? She said, "I can give you the credit instead." I feel super disappointed and cheated because I ordered that on deal Black Friday.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I have been a client of Mac for 20 years. Recently I bought a Mac Foundation (Studiofix NC45) on lookfantastic.com and after using it I noticed the texture and effect was a bit different than the past ones I had. After I removed my foundation, I had WHITE BLEMISHES on my skin! I complained to lookfantastic thinking they sold me a fake product.

Now 1 month ago I bought Mac Studiofix NC45 Foundation again at an official physical MAC store. I wore it for the whole day in peace. The next day I woke up to a shock, I had WHITE BLEMISHES AGAIN! And notice, I have amazing skin. I barely even use foundation anymore because my skin is so beautiful and glowing. After using Mac foundation my skin became more dehydrated and dull and got these white blemishes, almost like burned mark but white and ON MY FACE!! I don't know if this is reversible or not. But no one pays to wear a product to damage their beautiful skin. There is something 100% wrong with these new Mac Foundations.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Mac products are professional quality. They look great and last. They are flattering and don't make my skin break out. Waterproof mascara stays yet gently comes off and a variety of colors.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Great colors that suit my complexion. Nit designed for blondes only. Long-lasting. Good variety. Have been a user for a lot of years.

MAC Cosmetics author review by ConsumerAffairs

Known for their bright colors and bold makeup statements, MAC cosmetics is a prestige makeup brand with a heavy emphasis on the artistry behind makeup. Their makeup is featured on stage at New York’s fashion week, and consumers can find MAC products at select high-end retailers.

• Make a statement: MAC’s bold colors allow men and women to make a statement with their makeup on the runway, on Halloween or in their everyday life. MAC honors individuality and uniqueness, and their makeup allows for dramatic application and creativity.

• Consultations: Consumers who aren’t sure where to start with MAC’s line of products can schedule a free 10-minute overview with a MAC consultant to learn about their products. Consumers can also schedule 30, 60 or 90-minute makeup applications with their local MAC representative.

• MAC makeup studio: MAC’s first ever makeup studio is now open in New York City. Schedule an appointment for a makeup application or  lesson customized just for you.

• MAC AIDS Fund: In 1994, RuPaul was the first face of MAC’s VIVA GLAM lipstick, a product that was created to raise money and awareness for the AIDS epidemic. Then and now, 100 percent of the purchase price of VIVA GLAM lipstick (minus VAT when applicable) goes toward the MAC AIDS Fund. The fund provides financial support to underserved populations and regions around the world, and to date has raised over $400 million solely from the sale of VIVA GLAM lipstick.

• Against animal testing: MAC products have never been tested on animals, and the company is actively working to eliminate animal testing in all cosmetic brands, ingredients and companies. They have recently partnered with the Institute for In Vitro Sciences (IIVS) in an effort to eradicate the practice of animal testing.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team