Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.08/5

Just For Men Reviews

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I too, like many of the other men thought this condition was something else! After [healing somewhat] trying to apply to my beard. I began with terrible itching, stinging, burning and then actual sores seeping liquid from my sideburn area. And NO, I did not leave this on too long. In fact; I had a stopwatch beside me during application and was sure to hop this in the shower on the 4-minute mark, shampooing as the directions state. This is getting worse and I suspect chemical burns. I am in whenever a class-action is initiated, this is horrible. It needs to be pulled from the shelves! I find it hard to believe the makers haven’t heard about this- especially in a time where online reputations mean so much. I am maintaining pictures for when guys wanna get together and do something about it!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I have used Just For Men for many years with no problems. It worked well. A few months ago I noticed something like dandruff coming from my beard. After looking closer, I found that my skin was flaking and coming off. I stopped using the product and let the irritation heal. To my surprise, the skin under my beard is white. I am a ** man. It looks horrible. I'll join in on the lawsuit if anyone has proceeded. My face is the evidence. Scarred for Life... Just For Men.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Yesterday I decided to color my beard before a party. My face burned and felt hot all night. It got worse overnight. This morning my face was swollen, itching and bright red. There are raised areas. My girlfriend noticed bleeding in my beard. I have used this product in the past and never had this problem. We are monitoring it to see if it gets worse. Right now I'm just trying to keep comfortable, holding ice packs on my face. I'm going to try ** to see if it helps.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I used Just For Men for years and in mid October I noticed a difference. I just bought a couple boxes of hair dye and beard dye same color so I was ready for a few months of nice colored hair and beard. So the new box was just like the rest of the boxes I’d used before, no notices of formula change etc... so I colored my goatee at night before I went to bed. Woke up in the night with a very itchy face and my lips were itching too. I would chew on my lips to itch them and all around my mouth. Even when I ate food they were very sensitive and salt or spicy food really made you say - "Wohaaaa that’s not right!!" So like so many JFM users I thought it was something else.

After a couple days of it and no sign of it leaving and itching all the time I finally thought I’d look up online and see if there were any issues. Well to my amazement there were many complaints about the product and many that sounded like mine!! So I found a dye at the hair salon for beards and now that’s what I use w/o any itch. Took over one week before I could eat right and the itching finally subsided. So bye JFM and yes there are safe dues out there men. And for the people who think ya just need to be natural I’ll say mind your own business. I look too young to have a grey hair!! And I have this a 2 star because my symptoms weren’t as bad as a lot of guys. But ya all can say to JFM and get another brand. It’s out there.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Just like everyone else, past user with no issues. Now when I use it, it burns and itches. My skin is inflamed, and red. Not using ever again. Something has changed from the past formula and this new chemistry needs to be pulled.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I decided to try and grow my beard out and did just that, after a few weeks noticed all the grey and decided I would slowly color in the grey with the light brown coloring Just for Men offered. After applying it and waiting 5 minutes to wash out with warm water and then shampoo out as the instructions say to do, everything seemed fine. In the middle of that same night I awoke around 3AM to burning and itching that about drove me crazy, forget about getting back to sleep. The next day due to the constant scratching, blisters started forming and releasing fluids. As I sitting here typing this review I'm wiping the beard are off my face to keep the fluids from the sores/blisters from running. This product is very bad and needs to be looked at by the authorities based on the other reviews I have seen. I am not allergic to anything that I am aware of so this has me very uncomfortable right now. Just for Men, what are you doing about this???

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Used the product for years w no issues. Bought a new bottle on Oct 13th 2018. Used it like usual just before bedtime. Woke up in the night and my face was itching really bad and so were my lips. It was like I could chew on my lips and it felt good. I just thought it was from a previous infection in my tooth months earlier. Then when I would eat the salt would burn and anything would make your lips feel very sensitive. Still I thought that it was from the infection earlier but started thinking that has been over for months.

It was bothering me so badly it would wake me up at night and I’d itch my lips w my teeth and my beard for a long time. Thought maybe beard dye, no I never had any issues with JFM ever. Then I thought I’d check out the Just For Men reviews to see if anyone else had any issues. Well it seems like that is the issue, Just For Men formula is Bad!! So I’ll say bye bye to JFM and hope my lips get back to normal someday!! I gave it a 2 star just because I didn’t have near as bad experience as most of the others!! Just spread the word!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Used this on Sunday. My face is full of oozing blisters, some are bleeding scabs and very very very painful. Just emailed pics to them and Superdrug. I’ve used this product for years and years and never had an issue. Looked at the reviews and a lot of people having the same. All the litigations are in the USA as other chap said why is nothing happening in the UK.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I've used this product for 10+ years and never had any trouble with it. Used it this month and after a day I experienced horrible chemical burns around my mouth and nose. My skin was weeping clear yellowy pus for a couple of days and there was painful stinging. I had scabs and discoloured skin for several days which looked hideous and was very embarrassing. I'm guessing that they've changed what goes into the product. It's not enough to tell people to use a patch test if they've already done it in the past and it was fine. I will never buy anything from this company again. This stuff needs pulling off the shelves immediately - it's dangerous and they are going to end up with a massive lawsuit. Would give it zero stars if I could.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I thought that I was the only one that were having this issue with Just for Men, until one day I decided to Google my problems it freak me out, all this time I thought it were the medication that I was taking, I been using Just for Men at least 7 years until recently it sent me to emergency room with severe itching, burning, rash, face swelling, skin running out some kind of liquid. This stuff have to be removed from store shelves immediately.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I’ve been using the product for at least 15 years with no problems. However, a few months ago I was getting terrible sores on my face. First I blamed it on a razor blade (for trimming) and kept using Just For Men, until one day I decided to use it at least a week after shaving, so no razor blade involved. Once my sores actually got infected and I had to get on antibiotics. For quite a long time I thought it’s only me, who has this problem, until I found this page. The stuff is seriously toxic and I think the government should get involved!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have used this product consistently for over eight years without any issues, until my last couple of applications. I'VE EXPERIENCED SEVERE BURNING, ITCHING and developed pigmentation changes after using Jet Black mustache and beard color from J.F.M.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

For about 15 years, I have been using this product and happy with it. Recently, I noticed after using the product I experience severe burning and rashes under my goatee. The burning also comes with serious itching. The formula to this product have definitely changed and it should be pulled from shelves.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I purchased the natural black color JUST FOR MEN MUSTACHE AND BEARD dye. I did the 48 hour skin test. Nothing happen, so I continued to dye my mustache and beard. It looked very good, but when I woke up the next morning my face was severely blistered and swollen. It's been three days and it's only getting worse to where I have to make an emergency room visit. My face is disfigured. I wouldn't recommend this poison to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

This product is awful. I have very bad and painful rashes on my face. How can they sell this product legally? I might even have permanent skin pigmentation because of this. Do not buy this product no matter how grey your beard.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have used Just For Men for over 15 yrs, it was an awesome product with no side effects. After using the product around June I noticed massive breakouts on my scalp and sideburns??? Horrible itching that lasted for days... They definitely changed the winning formula to something dangerous. Why in the world would they do this??? I need to find a different product. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I'm 52 years young and have been using Just For Men for over 15 years. I have never experienced any side effects that I've been reading in the reviews. The only way that I have noticed they may have changed their formula is that it seems a little less thick, but the final results are just as great as always. TIP: I just apply a little more hair conditioner to a larger area around the hairline areas so I don't get stains from any possible running of the formula. It washes right off with the conditioner and all. I continue to be very satisfied, and will very likely continue to use it for many more years to come.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Like every review I'm seeing here, I was a user for over 10 years. Now in last few months, burning, redness, oozing burns. Fortunately it's beneath my goatee and not very noticeable. But of course my beard is turning white and that's not the look I was going for. I never leave the product on my beard for more than 90-120 seconds. I've switched from dark to light to medium brown with the same results. JFM needs to get rid of this new JFM Beard formula.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have been using JFM product for almost 10 years. In the last 3-4 months, I started getting pretty bad reactions to the hair color. I am suffering from burning sensation, itching and fluids dripping from my hair and back of ear. I need quick help. I am going to toss out all the hair color I brought... but I need immediate relief. Called the doc and the next appt is several days away. Please help. I am suffering quite a bit.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I'm not sure how the company can keep this product on the shelf. My husband has been diagnosed with vitiligo all along the area that he dyes his beard. I noticed a small scab, very red and then when he went to shave noticed that all the pigment is gone from the skin under his beard. He is devastated as anyone would be. Nothing can help this problem. It is permanent. We are very upset.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I used Just For Men beard colour after hearing from someone that it's good but found it totally otherwise. It gives extremely itchy and burning feeling on skin. Even though I tried my best that colour doesn't come in contact with lips but after washing, it kept giving itchiness and burning feeling for days and I was unable to even eat properly. Not to advertise anyone but found Bigen's Men beard colour much better than this and reverting back to it.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Like everyone else, I've been using JFM on my beard for years with no issue. However, I also, over the last couple of months have been having a serious itchy reaction for days after using it, getting worried now so will have to find an alternative. :(

Original review: July 5, 2018

I too have been using Just For Men Beard and Mustache for over 10 years with great results and no skin problems. Suddenly about a month or so ago I notice that when I applied the dye my skin started to burn. I didn't take much notice at first but after rinsing and about an hour later my skin broke out in oozing sores. It got much worse as the day passed. This lasted about a few days and then my skin went back to normal. I waited a week or so to try again and even though I was super careful and only left it on for less than 5 minutes the same thing happened. I was able to get to my doctor who prescribed a steroid cream that has helped with the inflammation and the intense sores and rash. I am totally upset and angry that this company has made some sort of change to the damn formula causing this serious problem. I need to find another product and if anyone can make a suggestion for an alternative, I would be most grateful.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I am a 39 year old male. Decided to give Just for Men a try since I was going to take a corporate photo in suit and tie at my job (Friday). It was early in the morning, and made sure to look up some tips on how to apply right (use vaseline), so I wouldn't stain my skin, and followed the directions exactly per the box. This product is scary. I started to notice an itch, nothing too crazy after about 20 minutes. 2 hours later, after my company photo, I went back to my work area, followed by going to the bathroom. My face was littered with redness in every area that I applied this product. Talk about freakin' scary and embarrassing. By the end of the night, my face was burning, and itching, worst part I had these blisters all over.

Saturday, I went to work, I noticed whenever the temp changes (hot outside), uncontrollable urge to scratch an itch, which I won't touch without lotion or some type of facial cream for fear of further damage. It's Sunday now, my beard is ridiculously itchy, and my skin is slightly wrinkled. Yes you read that right, slightly wrinkled. How do I know, you might ask? Because I have a baby face! The unfortunate situation that I noticed is, that the areas that I applied Just for Men the most, the left and right side of chin, is growing a lot of new white hair follicles that I didn't have before, and the amount of white hair I did have quintupled, and now my whole chin area is now coming out really white.

This is in the matter of days!!! This stuff not only caused new hair growth (white) and the areas that were already black are now white, it damaged my skin. Are you kidding me??? This stuff is poison. Do not buy!!! You will damage your face. I pray, I don't develop worse symptoms. I'm actually having to take the day off of church, because of my facial blisters. Thanks a lot, Just for Men, and just so you know, I'm holding on to this batch, and searching for an open lawsuit, or searching for a way to start one, for damages and pain and suffering your product caused me.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Like almost all the other reviews, I recently bought a box of their coloring (Jun 2018) and have been experiencing pretty intense itching around my goatee. I like the way my beard looks, but JFM must have changed their formula recently. I've got to find another product. I'll consider myself lucky if my skin doesn't get worse, like some of the other reviews I've read.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Wow! When I read all of these recent reviews it made me wonder how this company is still selling this product. Like many of you, I have used Just for Men for years with no issues. A few months ago I dyed my hair. Within a week I started noticing my scalp itching, then dandruff. I went and got my hair cut and within 2 days I had a rash all over my body, and my scalp was bright red under the hair that had previously covered it. The skin condition lasted over 2 months and was treated by 2 dermatologists that had no idea what it was. They just said it was some type of dermatitis. My scalp is still screwed up with scaly patches. I have been on prescription shampoo, lotion, steroid creme, and steroids in the pill form. Nothing has worked. This has been miserable. It is embarrassing to even get a haircut. What I am wondering is how this product has not been pulled, and why there is not a class action lawsuit going on. Pretty pissed off.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I too have used JFM for years. However, lately I have noticed that I would itch a lot. I didn't pay a lot of attention to it until today when I discovered my face had a huge blister on it, like a chemical burn. I'm done and I will see you in court JFM!!!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I've been using Just for Men for almost 7 years. Never had any problem but was easy and quick to use. But recently I had burning itching mostly between chin and lips and itching all over. I don't understand what acid they added in a good product and made it crappy. Goodbye Just for Men.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have used Just For Men Mustache & Beard for about 10 years or more without any negative reactions. That all changed in about the last 4 or 5 months. My lips have gotten dry, and a pale raw look. Lips have become itchy, tingling, throbbing, swollen, slightly swollen, and a thin scab above the top lip. It's a terrible feeling. My lips get irritated when I eat anything that is spicy, this has never happened before. I didn't even know that this product was the cause of this terrible reaction, because I had used it for so many years in the past, what has changed? Are they using a cheaper chemical mix/compound? I noticed that every time I used this in the past the past couple of months that my lips would have this negative reaction to this product. I won't use this product anymore. It is a chemical poison, skin and lip irritant.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Excellent product. Works just the way it's stated on the box. Thankfully I wasn't allergic to any of the chemical ingredients. If you are allergic that's not the company's fault. It's just one of those things. I have several food allergies. It's not the food's fault, nor the supermarket. It's just my body chemistry. GREAT PRODUCT. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Update on 6/9/18: I wrote a review previously about JFM and I didn't specify that I gave my 5 star review of the SHAMPOO. Not the dye. I used the comb thru dye applicator a few times with no problems but my 3 month success so far has been with the shampoo.

Just For Men Company Information