3.9/5 (189 ratings)

About Just For Men

Just For Men Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

So, I've been using Just For Men for probably 10+ years with absolutely no problem...Until now!! I went to the drug store and purchased a large stockpile of JFM hair dye because I like to keep lots on hand for convenience. Anyway, I think I noticed the box design had changed but thought nothing of it. I applied the new product on my face and felt a slight more of a burn and again thought nothing of it...until the next day!! Holymotherofgod!!! My face felt like someone threw bleach or chlorine on my face and rubbed poison ivy on it!! My face swelled up, it was red all over, itched like crazy and puss started to ooze out of it. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do or how to treat it, I just thought i'd ride it out.

Well, after about a week it kinda started to heal but not without extreme discomfort, puss from my face and a lot of facial scabs causing dandruff which was incredibly embarrassing. The really weird and scary thing is that although most of my face seems to have healed, I developed a large patch very itchy, red and bumpy hives on my left arm, a small patch on my chest and a couple itchy small ones on my right arm, all of which have lasted for the last 8+weeks and going. My fave still itches not as bad as initially but after 8+ weeks you'd think I would have been done. Anyway, I believe this new formula Just For Men has created is extremely dangerous and highly irresponsible to be on the market. After my horrible experience, I don't care even if they recall the current product and admit their mistake I will never use Just For Men again! DON"T BUY JUST FOR MEN DYE!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

JFM - Dark Brown. I have been a user of JFM for past 6 years or so and I never had problems till last one year. When applied to my mustache area (Twice a Week), the area has become very irritated and itchy with some clear sticky liquid oozing out continuously. It is causing lot a pain and irritation in that area, which is quite an embarrassing situation for anyone to be in. The product's quality has fallen drastically and appears to be extremely dangerous to use. As I read from other reviews here, it appears if I stop using this product, my condition may alleviate. Even when used on scalp, it is forming hives and some liquid is secreting making the hair also sticky. The product could be carcinogenic. STAY AWAY FROM ALL JFM.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I’ve used this product for years with no issues, and now suddenly after the past 3-4 uses on my chin, I starting getting bad itches and scars. Now tonight, my chin is really swollen???? Something changed in this product and everyone is facing it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I used Just for Men mustache dye for years on my brows. I used dark blonde. Then the past year it just hasn't been working to color my gray. I tried darker colors, many even black. What the heck happened to the formula?? Very disappointed. Don't know what to use now.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Hi. I have used this product weekly for honestly 15-20 yrs. Suddenly around 4-5 uses ago I had an allergic reaction and don’t know why. Since then, thinking it was a one off, I have had burning skin and scabs on my scalp and under my beard. I just had it happen again tonight 10/10/19 and I have to stop using it. I decided to look it up as I was certain they have changed formula and see all these posts. Most of them revealing this has only just started. WTF?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I was unaware of problems with Just For Men until today. Approximately 2 years ago I used Just for Men Beard Dye to prepare for a friend's wedding. When I woke up the next morning my face was swollen, oozing a clear viscous fluid, blisters and redness under my beard and down my neck and had difficulty in breathing. I spent hours in the emergency room while they treated me for the reaction I had. There was a lot of urgency on behalf of the emergency room staff. Since that time my immune system has been compromised and I continually break out in hives all over my body. These continued reactions of created nothing but continued issues for me, issues that I still suffer from to this day. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT... It needs to be pulled from the shelves.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have been using the product to remove some gray out of my mustache and beard for several years. I bought a new box of the Just For Men lately and it has given me some side effects. It has started to burn my skin and causing me to have blisters and some discharge running down my upper lip. What did they do to he formula? I have been forced to stop using the product Just For Men and looking to another product that will not cause harm to my skin.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

So I decided to dye some gray areas in my mustache. I came across this product in the supermarket and thought I'd give it a try. I did the patch test - all good. So as I was putting the dye on I felt a warming sensation on my upper lip. I left the dye in for around 3 minutes then rinsed it off. About half an hour after the skin under my mustache started to itch and tingle. That night my upper lip began to weep clear fluid and kept leaking through the night. The next day my upper lip was swollen like a balloon. It's been over 3 weeks and it's all starting to clear up but I'll never put that crap near my face again. Stay away from it!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I have been using this product for some time now with no problems. However, over the last month my face has started to become very itchy and sore. I have blisters and weeping sores all over my face/neck. I have trouble sleeping from the immense itching-tightness of my face. It feels like sunburn on steroids! This product needs to be recalled and investigated. I have no reason to have obtained an overnight reaction. No changes to my normal products, etc. I am convinced that an ingredient in the dye has changed or it’s something to do with the manufacturer. I won’t ever buy this product again and I certainly wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. I wouldn’t wish this pain on anyone. If I could update a photo on this forum I would just to warn any potential user because it looks disgusting.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I had used this product since Jan 2010 without a problem or incident. The day I was burned in early 2015 was the last day I ever dyed anything. It burned my chest and my scalp. The pain lasted for days and the blisters drained for days as well. The itching was crazy, but you could not scratch because it was so tender. I have 6 brothers who all have their hair and I had a good head of hair until that day. My hair was falling out in clumps and all over the top. I always went light on the sides as a little gray on sides was ok with me. So I don’t seem to have damage there.

I spent $12,000 plus high interest to have 2,000 grafts for a hair transplants (I am still making payments). My scalp is scared and looks really bad and I need another 3-4,000 grafts to cover it up. The only hair I have on top is my 2,000 grafts and it is so thin, it doesn’t do the job. These days shaved heads are in, but not if your scalp looks scarred up like mine. This will cost me another $16,000. I enjoy boating and water skiing as well as vacations in the sun during cold winters. I have to always be aware of the scars on my chest and try not to expose it too much sun. Lots of sunscreen in that area. It still looks bad and I have had people ask me what happened.

Just For Men Company Information