Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.08/5

Just For Men Reviews

Original review: April 5, 2014

Just For Men Mustache and Beard Real Black M55 - I have been using this for the last 6 years, did not have any issues except when I bought one box a week ago, when I applied as per instructions I felt burning sensation and after a few hours later developed runny sores and blisters. Will never use this product. In my opinion definitely the formula has been changed which is causing this issue. I hope the company provides an explanation.

Original review: April 2, 2014

I've used JFM a couple of times in the past. When using it I've always had a little burning if I leave it on more than 3 mins but just the little burning feeling nothing severe. I used it the other day; this time there was no burning. Took my shower, got it all out of my beard. It look nice and dark. I went to bed, woke up and "lord have mercy", around my lips and chin were swollen, blister started forming and started leaking this clear stuff. I would suggest NO ONE purchase this.

I did everything right. Tested like I always do, no problem, no reaction (after two days). So I'm not sure if they changed the ingredients or what. It's been a week since this happened and the swelling has gone down a little, but I still have the blistering and leakage. I wish someone file a class action against these folk. I read somewhere they (JFM) kind of knew this would happen sooner or later to ALL of its users. I done with them. Henna, here I come.

Original review: April 2, 2014

I use Just For Men on my mustache, sideburns and beard for about 12 years. 2013, I can't remember the month when I use JFM, it started to burn on my sideburns at first. Then it started itching and I start getting rashes and sores. It got so bad I had to cut my sideburns off. I still got white spots on the side of my face to this day but after all that, I still was using it on my mustache and beard until I started getting rashes and sores that swallowed up my chin and I start getting white spots around my mustache and beard. So I stopped using it and will never use it again. Wish there was a way that I could sue them for my suffering and pain.

Original review: March 30, 2014

I've been using it for a while. Never had problem. About three weeks ago right after I used it, I had minor itching. Next day I woke up with a half inch scar in my mustache that I still have :(..

Original review: March 26, 2014

I used the two-part shampoo type hair color late yesterday afternoon and woke up last night with what appears to be chemical burns on my face. Very painful and swollen. I used the JFM product on my hair and beard and the effect on my scalp is nowhere near as severe. This is ridiculous! This product should not be on the market.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: March 25, 2014

I've been using JFM for a number of years. This last time, with my most recent purchase of the product 03/2014, I noticed a difference in the makeup and consistency of the two solutions that mix together as the color is prepared for application. A day after applying the hair color, I am experiencing blisters, that are persistent and do not go away, on my forward scalp. I've had them for 2 days now and the condition is not getting better at all. I thought I had poison Ivy or similar. So I can tell you, something is drastically different in the chemical make-up of the product.

If JFM wants to stay in business, they need to stop messing with the successful ingredients and go back to the original formula. "If it isn't broke, please don't fix it". In my opinion, JFM obviously Did Not Test this latest formula, or, did not test the ingredients if they are now obtained elsewhere. And why would they not do that if they sell something folks apply to themselves?! They know they have customers that have been using their product for years. To change "anything" about it and not test it is very bad policy. Just for Men needs to man up and fix the issue.

Original review: March 24, 2014

I've used this product about 5 times starting back in Jan. and after every application, my face would get very itchy, swollen, and red underneath my beard. A couple of times I even got blisters. It usually happened within 6 hours of application. At first, I thought it was because I wasn't getting out all the dye. Then I thought it was my shampoo or conditioner. I then realized it was definitely the dye. Today was my final use and sure enough it happens again. I wish I would have seen these reviews before use. I will not be using it again. STAY CLEAR OF THIS PRODUCT!!!!!

Original review: March 19, 2014

On 3/14/14 I used this product and immediately washed it out because of the color. The next day I experienced: Severe Itching, facial swelling and redness of the skin which I have documented by photos. Today is 3/19/14 and am taking Benadryl and covering my face with a cold wash cloth to ease the itching. This product should not be on the market!!! After one week it is not getting any better.

Original review: March 19, 2014

As I prepared to apply JFM this morning, I looked at the label and wondered about all the ingredients that I could not pronounce. I did a Google search and found this website. As with several of the other entries, I have noticed a very loud ringing in my ears since I began using this product (and even now as I write this). I have not experienced any burning or blistering so far, but will stop using this product immediately, and will recommend that my friends do the same. Seems like they should test these products before using the public as guinea pigs. Can you spell class action lawsuit?

Original review: March 19, 2014

Using this product caused burns/weeping sores on face which lasted for 10 days. DO NOT USE.

Original review: March 13, 2014

My husband has been using just for men for a few years but started having skin problems and on continued use ended up with a bad case of dermatitis that has spread. He has had itchy skin, red scaly patches that leak serous fluid and spots. I recently cut his hair as he is growing out the dye. I have to say that his grey hair that is coming out is so much softer, curlier and sexier! Men should not dye their hair, look sexy instead!

Original review: March 9, 2014

Used the product with success for a few months only to find now my skin is itching like crazy. I have red patchy bumps below my beard. I just put some Head and Shoulders Dandruff shampoo on my face and after about 15 mins. the itching has subsided. Hope they correct this problem.

Original review: March 9, 2014

I have been using JFM dark brown for beards and mustaches for 6 years now with usage averaging around twice a week. It's been a good product with no side effects for me until recently when I started getting itching and a rash after each use. Just did a Google search and found all these other instances of same. I must assume they have recently changed their formula and this is the result of that change. For treatment right after application I did rinse it out thoroughly and use conditioner to neutralize the acid. Then I applied Neosporin cream as an antibiotic and it also has an analgesic. This combination works well if you apply the cream several times a day until symptoms or cleared up. Perhaps there is some sort of class action we can get started that will encourage the manufacturer to go back to the older formula. In the meantime I've got to find another product to take its place.

Original review: March 8, 2014

I have use Just For Men mustache and beard with no problems. On March 7th, 2014, I use the product, woke up doing tonight scratching like crazy - my face was swollen. I'll call the CDC. They told me to put cold water ice on my face, and if I had any diff discomfort to go to my local pharmacy or to my doctor.

Original review: March 6, 2014

Same as the others but the itching and burning will not stop a week after one use. They do not answer my request for treatment. What a terrible company.

Original review: March 6, 2014

I used this product and developed a rash on eyelids. I had no idea that this product had chemicals in it that could cause something like this.

Original review: March 5, 2014

Used the product for four years, both the hair and beard color. I was very satisfied with the results. Received many compliments. I looked younger and felt better about myself. BUT... THEN... Just like everyone else here, in recent months ... I seem to have permanent chap lips, white crusty skin under my beard. Clear discharge if I rub too much, and rub I must because it itches like crazy. I've also noticed with the hair product I get crusty skin and clear discharge behind my ears, plus scalp itch, which was always a minor issue, has become more so. I suspect as others here that they must have changed the formulation in the past year. It's really a shame as I'm going back to being a gray head again ...

Original review: March 1, 2014

I've used Just for Men Beard Dye for several years with good success and no reaction. In December of 2013 after using the product I developed an oozing sore over my lip and in the corner of my mouth. After a couple weeks of the same symptoms, I went to my dermatologist who couldn't identify what the cause of the sore was. It was not herpetic. She prescribed an anti-biotic and topical steroid, which has helped. Not sure if Just for Men was the cause of my rash but seeing others posts on here makes me suspect.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2014

I haven't heard of this happening to other people to my knowledge but here is what happened to me. I used the dark brown beard dye on my chest several times over the course of say 5 years. The last 2 years I had complications but didn't connect the dots until the third time it happened. Sure I got a rash but it went away but 10 hours later I would get ringing in my right ear then it would clog so I couldn't hear and I got vertigo. The first time I woke up and I couldn't lift my head, I thought I was dying. I eventually was able to lift my head with my hands and stand up to stabilize myself. Crazy, I went to Kaiser, they gave me a hearing test and I had lost hearing. This happened two more times then I realized it was from the beard dye. I can't hear certain pitches, concerts can be painful, etc... I looked at the packaging and the dye was made in Mexico. I think I am severely allergic to some chemical.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2014

I have been a loyal customer for Just for Men for over 4 years now. I have used their Beard and mustache dye twice a week for nearly 4 years with no problems until recently. I noticed in December that whenever I dyed my beard it would itch like crazy the next day. At first I thought nothing of it. Then I start to get pimples and crusty forming things in my beard hairline and under my chin. A couple of the sores are weeping. I stopped using dyes on my beard for a while about a month which for me was a long time. I had a wedding to go to on the 22nd of February so on the 21st of February I had to dye my beard (I was just way too grey to go to the wedding like that). I am now scratching like crazy, my hairline has again become irritated by these crusty pimple like things and my beard is itchy like crazy. I can't believe this company would just go and change their formula without letting their customer base know. If there is a class action suit I am very interested in joining. This company deserves to pay for all the physical, emotional, and financial pain they have caused their customer base.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2014

I have used JFM since July 2012 with no problems. On January 24 , 2014 I used the jet black beard color on my goatee. It begin to burn so I thought maybe I had it on 3 minutes not much more, so I rinsed it off with shampoo. 3 times. The pain went away. I went to work and bought an Amp energy drink and drink it. It was only 5 hours after the application my chin was very large & rectangular shaped, swollen and sweating clear fluids that dry up as it leaks like sperm stains. I then became irritated and very itchy. I stop by the store on my way home, chin dripping like a sprinkler on low. I bought some whole milk and when I got home put it in a little bowl large enough for me to submerge my chin in. This greatly eased the itching. I guess the milk neutralized the effects of the lye or whatever is in the formula. I am still leaking badly. I then added some hydrogen peroxide in the milk and soaked my chin for about an hour total. Did this to try and deter any further infection. I am not experiencing much itching and discomfort 16 hours later, but still am swollen. I am not swollen as badly but still swollen beyond public open appearance. If the milk and peroxide works better than the luck our fellow brothers of this experience have had, I will post it as a relief completely!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2014

I found this site a few months back when I was wondering what could cause my weeping, pussing open sores. Like everyone else, I used both JFM hair as well as beard dye for the previous 3 or 4 years with no issues. I purchased a new box of each just prior to Christmas, and started with my goatee and side burns. What I experienced next was similar to most everyone else, an indescribable itch and burn. I have never had an itch so bad; the actual act of scratching (even though I was ripping my face open) was almost orgasmic. It was awful.

The good news is after shaving I healed in 2 weeks with no permanent damage. Yesterday, at 4pm eastern standard time I finally got the gonads up to run an experiment - I opened the new hair dye, mixed a little in a cup and touched up my graying roots with a toothbrush. Good news - the gray is gone. Bad news - as expected, 16 hours later my scalp is pussing with the little open sores. I have to believe that everyone who uses this product experiences the same thing. I see now that data is being mined for a potential class action lawsuit. I urge everyone to join and make them feel pain. If anyone else has better info on a suit, please post here.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2014

I've been a loyal customer towards Just For Men beard and mustache product for over 3 years. On Friday, Feb 14 Valentine's Day, I had a party to attend. I use the product Just For Men like always to cover up my gray hairs. Sat., I had some itching and by Sunday some irritation. I took Monday off from work to see my PCP. He recommend me to see a dermatologist. Today Feb 20th is my second day off from work Due to my pain and discomfort. My occupation is a Concierge in a condo. Dr. gave me a ointment Fluocinonide 0.05% 60grams. I thought it would relief some pain. But it didn't. Another day off from work due to this horrible burning, itchy pain in caused by Just For Men. Hopping w/ itching a week or so this nightmare could go away. I have sympathy for all those going thru what I'm going thru. Due to Just For Men. Yes, it's labeled try out a small area before fully applying. But I been test this years ago. I guess this new box or chemicals on Just For Men has been changed or have been reformulated. I say ban this product due the cause of pain and suffering most of us men going thru now with our face. If we could all sue Just For Men for our pain and suffering/times off from work, I'm in.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2014

I used this product on my moustache. Could not believe the burns and blisters I got stayed there for almost 2 weeks. I contacted Just For Men and got a full refund. Should have sued for pain and suffering too. Will never use any of their products anymore.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2014

In January of '14, after 3 years of using this product without any problems whatsoever, I noticed after applying the Jet Black beard and mustache coloring, a stinging burn on my chin. After washing the product off, a dark dye tint remained visible so I ran cold water over my beard for a few minutes. Later on that evening, my chin began to itch, burn, sting and pulsate. My skin became red, swollen and looked as if it was burned. The redness lasted for 4 days and I was very uncomfortable and embarrassed. What happened to this product? Why are so many people reporting the same thing? What is the company going to do to fix the problem? I am a lawyer and want to know!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2014

Applied this product and the next, the itching wouldn't stop. Next day I had open sores that were weeping and pusey. My face and lips were swelling. The pain was awful.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2014

I have used Just For Men for about 6 months and no trouble. I purchased a new box two days ago 2/9/14 and applied it the night of 2/10/14. I was woken by itching and burning! Got up the next morning with runny sores and blisters that looked like chemical burns. I had to shave my beard to get some kind of relief but still in pain and itchy. I think if this many people are having issues we need to have a class action on this situation.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2014

I've used Just For Men to tint my beard and mustache and followed the exact directions using it twice over a 60-day period. This first time my lips became chapped and I chalked it up to the weather. However this last time the same exact thing happened and now I have cracked (burned lips) and I felt like I was poisoned almost. Currently no lip balm seem to work. I have a blister on my upper lip as well. I shaved completely and it seemed to feel a little better but the chapped lips are still very painful. It hurts bad enough that I started researching to see if I could find something to fix it and I found this site.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2014

I also noticed the product had changed when mixing it together. I should have trusted my instinct and avoided using it this time. Immediately there was burning and itching. I dealt with it for the first 24 hours, cleaning my face as much as I could and even using lotion to help sooth my face. Today has been even worse. My mustache area has dried out, leaving it numb. Rashes underneath my beard. I'm resisting scratching or rubbing my face due to the intense burn/bumps that follow.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2014

I had the same reaction as others on here - used this product on my beard for a numbers of years no problem - then three weeks ago I came up with a rash and infections - stopped using as I thought it might be a skin rash, never thought of the dye. After a couple of weeks got better and figured it was time to dye my beard again. This time within hours severe burning sensation, itching and now I have blisters and open sores. So I googled and found these complaints. Something has happened with this product. The box I used was newer. There is something seriously wrong and it needs to be taken off the market.

Just For Men Company Information