Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Just For Men Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2014

I have been using this product Just For Men hair dye for years and until today I just used this 3 days ago and I notice some rash and swelling on my face and hairline had black spots - look like burns and bump in my head. This is the first time this happen to me. I had to go the hospital before but I did not know what was going on and I got very sick and I remember now I had dye my hair with this Just For Men. After reading this report, I will never used this product again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2014

I've been using Just For Men products for years with great results. The night of August 17th, 2014 all that changed. I used the beard & mustache dye by Just For Men only to wake up from sleeping with my chin & mouth area feeling tight & sore. I jumped out of bed in fear rushing to the bathroom mirror. The sight I saw blew me away. All around my mouth, chin, & under my chin area were swollen. My chin was oozing pus. I was standing there in disbelief. It's almost time for me to start getting ready to start the work week. I can't make it - not only was I feeling pain & my chin was oozing pus. I could hardly move my mouth to talk, not to mention " I Looked Terrible!!" I had to seek medical attention, got 2 shots - a steroid shot & a shot of Benadryl. Discharged with prescriptions for them both. I feel like there has been a change in this product & it's now very harmful. Not sure about the others I've read about but I'm seeking an attorney for pain & suffering, also lost time & wages from work.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2014

My husband used this product on a Saturday and he woke up the next morning with his hair stuck to the pillow. The oozing was so bad. He had used it before with no problems. During that day - Sunday, hives starting popping out everywhere. By Monday he had to go to the Dr. Because the itching was driving him insane. It at first looked like a chemical burn. The Dr. Gave him steroids and a cream. We went back 3 weeks later and had to do another round of steroids. The rash went through his whole body down to his feet. Months later where his ear had burned, his ear swelled so bad we had to go to the ER. They called it Cauliflower ear due to a previous injury . His ear is now permanently damaged and misshaped. Now almost three years later he is still having hair issues. PLEASE DO NOT LET YOUR MAN USE THIS PRODUCT.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2014

I've used the above product for close to 10 years and have experienced a severe reaction to the product. My face would burn, itch and I would develop a rash. The rash would last a couple of days, the itching would last several days and the only thing I found to stop the rash was Hydrocortisone Cream. This product needs to be evaluated to determine its safe use by men. I'm upset that it took quite a few years for me to discover what was causing my issues with using this product.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2014

I am seriously shocked at how many complaints there are. I honestly thought it was just myself and a select few having sensitive skin. This product is dangerous and needs to be pulled from the shelves ASAP. I'm not even sure how it got a pass in the first place. My itching and sores got so bad, I had to lose my beard completely. But even now I'm still itchy but it's better. I can at least sleep now.

I will be contacting watchdog to do all I can to get it removed from British and hopefully international shelves. In England, this seems to be the only product available and I'm wondering why that is.. Normally other companies can't wait to jump on but not for this.. Very irresponsible company that have now lost my trust for good. If there's a petition for this please direct me to it. If not, why not?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2014

I've used this product over the year with sometime good result but many more HORRIBLE results. There has always been some itching after a day or two in which I tolerated. But many more times I've asked myself what am I STUPID!? In the beginning it looks for the most part great! By the next day bring the pain... the burning, the itching, the skin oozing, the dripping, the swollen jawline, the cancelled appointments because you don't want to go out looking like that. Truly this product can sometimes be devastating! If anyone can suggest something that works and you don't experience all of this horrible side effects, please share this info with me.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2014

I have been using JFM beard colouring product for many years with no problems. The last 2 times the substance has rendered my beard area to dreadful itching, redness, blisters and water oozing from the lesions around my chin! The manufacturer must have changed the ingredients and now I consider this product dangerous! Use this junk at your peril if you read this and use it afterwards then don't say you weren't warned! WHY didn't they tell us the product has changed so many people with the same condition cant be wrong! JFM you have messed up big time, and now you need to put this right - apart from pain, irritation and embarrassment I am so angry. Shame on you!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2014

I have used this product before (JFM) with no prior problems... even just last week with no problems... Last night before going to a party I used a little on my goatee... I woke up on 8/10/14 with all the same sores, blisters, puss oooozing out, etc... It itches like crazy and I don't know what to do!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2014

I have been using the product for several years. The last two times in June and July 2014, it burned my scalp ten times worst than it did in previous times. I would not advise anyone to use it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2014

Just for Men Mustache Beard and Sideburns - After the irritation test and a first use, my face was on fire. Same as everyone else, nasty pus and swelling and major scratching. I would scratch at my desk and flake everywhere. Also seem like I have more grey hairs on my beard than before?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2014

My experience is the same as the many experiences recounted here. I have been going to a dermatologist who has been trying to figure out why my lip has been inflamed and pussy, etc. Only after reading the comments on this website did I realize the connection, as this started the day I applied JFM. All the symptoms including the burning sensation on my chin and lesions near my sideburns together with the lip inflammation are the same as reported here. I called them related what had happened and they said they would send me a refund, after I read them the lot number on the box. Yes, Just for Money.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2014

I used to use the product and thought I would do it again for my 30-year reunion. After applying 48 hours later, it was as my whole scalp had opened up with sores and pus. I never had this problem before but it had been years. The oozing was so bad it was really running down my forehead. It is now coming up on two weeks and applying cream and took some steroids as well as Benadryl. I still itch and it spread down a little to neck. Do not use this product and just live with the grey hair.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2014

I had been a user since it was introduced in the early 90s. When they came out with the Beard and Mustache formula, I also began using it on my mustache and goatee. However, in 2008, I began to get leaking sore on my bottom lip and blisters several days after using it. I inquired about a change in formula and they denied it 100%. There is no doubt in my mind that they did and it is what is causing these blisters and sores. When I discontinue, they go away. I had to shave all my facial hair off and keep it off. I did continue to use it on my head with the only problem being a slight itching. I recently wanted to grow the mustache again so I put some on my new mustache growth and lo and behold, 2 days later, blisters on my bottom lip.

Here's something I found on Wikipedia: One of the active ingredients is PPD, p-Phenylenediamine, which was voted Allergen of the Year in 2006 by the American Contact Dermatitis Society. Some users switch to henna-based products, such as Wolfshead Beardye as a result. I'm going to file a complaint with the FDA and also refrain from using this product. Does anyone have any suggestions on an alternative?

Original review: July 29, 2014

I used Just For Men beard for over 5 years and now here in 2014, in the month of April, I use the Just For Men beard color and broke out. Try a few more time and every time it got worst. So bad that I had to go to the hospital to get help. Face broke out so bad it start running and my face had swollen up.

Original review: July 24, 2014

I have used JFM for over 3 years and just like most of the comments within the last month I have noticed a significant change to the product, my face, and beard. My face now itches like crazy and I have had problems sleeping at night. I have developed scaly patches that seem to be permanent. I have red bumps that oozes pus daily. This has been a living hell for me; limiting me to going out as I often like to. I highly recommend everyone to immediate cease using this product and if there is a class action suit, someone please post the needed information.

Original review: July 24, 2014

My boyfriend used this on his goatee and had it on for 4 min, showered and rinsed it off. Had a little bit of burning afterward, then that night he woke up with his face swollen and pus coming out and burning. The next morning, it was worse with the swelling, fluid/pus dripping from his cheeks and his chin and painful burning. He decided to go to the doc later that am. They gave some antibiotic cream and said to take some Ibuprofen. He came home, still painful burning and swelling and had to keep a towel under his chin to catch the liquid dripping out of his chin - it was so bad. He of course missed work today and will stay home again tomorrow. It's been a painful, horrific experience the last 48 hours and he's still miserable.

Original review: July 20, 2014

Devastating results and a truly dangerous product that should be banned. I used this product three times - the last time I developed severe scalp irritation and weeping/bleeding scalp sores that persisted for well over one month. During this period my life was agony. The worst was to follow hair loss. Now some four months after my last Just for Men application my hair seems to be returning to normal i.e. not falling out by the handful!

I have since switched to regular hair dyes (marketed for women) with excellent color results and without the suffering or apparent risk of baldness. If you still feel you want to give this product a chance take the allergy test very seriously and do it for every application. In my case the allergy test was negative so consider testing the product on your scalp behind the ear as recommended with other hair care products.

Original review: July 17, 2014

I used Just for Men beard and mustache. Gave me allergy, my beard and mustache itching and bleeding.

Original review: July 16, 2014

Used this product in the past, and it has worked great. About five days ago, I applied the product to my facial hair, let set for five minutes, and then immediately took a shower to wash out as instructed. I noticed slight itchiness immediately, and the next day it got worse. Everyday the skin irritation worsened. After using antihistamines and cortisone cream for several days, I saw my doctor. He prescribed prednisone due to the extreme rash and the way it is spreading on my face. I am on the 1st day of prednisone, hoping this will cure my rash. This product should be banned!

Original review: July 15, 2014

I have been using Just for Men for 12 years now and never had a problem until 2014. I get these painful and pus-leaking sores on my mustache area that will not go away. The dermatologist gave me a steroid foam but it burns so bad and just made it get blood-red and feels worse now. Any recommendations on what to do? How long does it take to get rid of these things. Has anyone found an alternative to JFM? I don't get this reaction on my hair, just the beard. Thanks to anyone that has info.

Original review: July 11, 2014

I was a loyal customer that used the product twice a week for over 10 years. However this past April/May I started breaking out in severe itchy rashes. The cracking of my upper lip is so painful with every opening of my mouth to talk, laugh or eat. I have applied cortisone cream neosporin, Benadryl and even an over the counter eczema cream. No relief. The scarring is very obvious and peeling constantly. I have gone grey and red and scaly. It is very itchy and painful. The itchy and peeling has gotten so bad that friends and family noticed I was always scratching my goatee, my chin and my upper lips. I have tried carman, blister and Vaseline for my lips. I am happy to see my experience is not alone.

Original review: July 9, 2014

I have been using JFM for many years on my beard without problems. The new formula came along and now the last couple of times of using it I break out in sores. Itches like mad and puss coming out of the sores. At first I wasn't sure what was causing it. The new formula should be taken off the shelves. I have emailed JFM and am waiting on a reply which I suspect will just say to stop using the product. Something should be done about this.

Original review: July 4, 2014

Horrible experience with this product - use it for years. Now there's blisters on my lips and face. Please someone come out with a safe hair product for men to color their gray hairs.

Original review: July 4, 2014

I have been useing Just For Men for over a year and never had a problem until now. Last week my face started getting light around my goatee. Then it started burning. Now I have blisters. I am suppose to go to a big cookout on the 4th of July which is tomorrow and meet with people I haven't seen in over 30 years. I can't show up with the area around my mouth looking like this. I need to contact someone because this doesn't make any sense. And I see that it's not only me and it seems that this product got bad starting this year. If someone would please let me know how to fix this, can you pass it along. I have a picture up but the cream on my face may have covered up the blisters and I don't wanna remove the cream. Now my face is leaking.

Original review: July 2, 2014

I've used this product with great results for over 10 years. However with the last few applications I experienced itching, redness, blistering (with clear liquid coming from the blisters), burning, and extreme dry skin after a few days. I'm afraid I might have some scarring to deal with also. I'm so upset with this product right now, I will never use it again. I just googled this and it really surprises me to see all of these similar customer complaints. Something has definitely changed with the formulation of this product and it disturbs me to think someone else will go through what I am going through. Recall JFM now before someone gets seriously hurt!

Original review: July 2, 2014

I used Just for Men and got a bad burning rash on hmm face, a rash on both arms, chest and my legs. I eventually got puss filled pockets on my head and left jaw. I had to post go on several rounds of antibiotics and steroids. I have some permanent scarring.

Original review: June 30, 2014

Started using this in November 2013 with little problem. Skin test were fine. May 2014, got a horrible weeping sore on my upper lip. Dr. thought impetigo because there were other sores, then thought cold sores on second visit, and went through that prescription. Had it cultured, no hsv1 (thank god). Turns out to be the reaction everyone is talking about here. Different formula or build up reaction? Don't know, but it really sucks, and isn't going away. Quit the product. Guess I'm growing grey gracefully. This product is bad news.

Original review: June 27, 2014

I have been using this product for six months and no problem. But last month I developed itchy followed by oozing blisters. It was getting worst everyday. I never suspected allergy from the 'JUST FOR MEN' hair dye. I went to the dermatologist who thought as 'acne'. After a week of anti viral, nothing good happens. Again I go the doctor, he says maybe it is folliculitis and gives me prescription for antibiotic and anti viral. After two weeks medication it subsided. Yesterday I applied hair dye. Boom! Within five minutes I started getting the same reaction on my skin. Now I know this is the culprit. I wonder how this product, which is unfriendly with the skin can be in the market. Please do something.

Original review: June 25, 2014

Purchased on 6/22/2014 and had used product in the past without a problem. Used as directed and developed shortly after swelling, redness, blisters with yellow discharge and scabbing. I'm in so much pain. This product is dangerous. The damage may leave scarring on my face for the rest of my life.

Original review: June 22, 2014

I bought this product, followed the instructions to the letter, and the next couple of days I was miserable. Every place on my face that came in contact with this solution became red and swollen. The next day, my face was oozing clear liquids that would dry up and form uncomfortable scabs and felt like sandpaper and it made my skin tough to move for even the most common facial expressions: smiling, eating, etc. This stuff needs to be taken off the shelves before it hurts someone else. I can't go out in public and prefer to stay inside so I don't have to let anyone see the condition this concoction has left my face in. I will deal with my gray beard hair and I won't go near this product ever again.

Just For Men Company Information