1.06/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Just For Men

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Just For Men Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2014

I "had" been a previous customer of "Just for Men" until recently when I developed chemical burns on my face and severe itching. I have also experienced a swollen upper lip from dying my mustache in the past but did not realize it until recently that "Just for Men" was the cause. Approximately five weeks ago I decided to grow a beard, which was coming in a little gray, and figured since I did not have any "test" skin reactions to the product that I would use it on my beard. HUGE MISTAKE! I developed chemical burns, red welts and severe itching. There were nights when I could not sleep because I was too busy scratching my face off. It was only until I did some searching on the internet did I discover that "Just for Men" was the problem.

I immediately discontinued use and within two days was relieved of the itching. The burns and welts are still there but I am sure within time they should heal. If not then I am looking at permanent scarring. I contacted the company and never heard a word from them. Apparently they do not care about the concerns, general safety or health of the customers that purchase their product, only in the profits. It is safe to say I will NEVER purchase their product again and am considering a lawsuit. It would be wise for everyone to avoid their product and seek an all natural dye.

Original review: May 22, 2014

Just For Men Mustache - Burned me... going on 3 weeks bad irritation all around mouth and other parts of body.... back... legs... arms. Will not recommend to anyone.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 21, 2014

I used Just For Men for about 6 months without problem, but this past time I starting itching and then on the way to work, I noticed clear oozing coming from my skin just above the jaw line. The itching doesn't stop and I'm red and scabbing now. Is there any relief??? I tried a moisturizer and antibiotic cream - nothing helps.

Original review: May 20, 2014

It burns.... I want an alternative but it is definitely not right this product is on the market. I have 4 unopened boxes in my closet which now I can't use. Someone should do something!

Original review: May 20, 2014

I used Just For Men on Saturday evening on my mustache and beard. About three hours after I used it, my face started to itch. I made it through the night. The following morning when I woke up, my face had little blisters or scabs, and my face is very sore. It is now Tuesday morning, I just woke up and my face is still really sore, little scabs or blisters, and itches like you wouldn't believe.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: May 19, 2014

I have used JFM for over 10 years and have never had a problem until the past few months. I have had allergic reactions that have progressed to the point that I have experienced blisters on my head and rash and a sunburn effect on my back. I contacted the company and asked if they had changed the make up of the product telling them I had a reaction. I noticed that one of the 2 part solutions had changed. It was now a white colored. They refused to answer the question and only told me to stop using the product. This last reaction has lasted 6 weeks and I have went to 2 Dermatologists and most recently went to the Cleveland Clinic, and as of this writing no relief. JFM had done something and it is making a lot of people sick. Something needs to be done.

Original review: May 12, 2014

First, sorry to hear so many others have gone through the same thing. I applied JFM coloring to my beard per the instructions. Later that night, after getting to a hotel across country, my face was on fire and itching. A couple hours after that, I started leaking pus and that carried on for the next two days. 4 days later, I am still in pain and am itching. With the little I can see under my beard, I am afraid to shave because I think there may be permanent damage. Is that possible? Has the company talked about the cause?

Original review: May 10, 2014

I thought it was me... but after reading all this I now know it's the product. My face itched so bad I couldn't stand it and I have scabs and burning and running sores.

Original review: May 5, 2014

I used this product several times but the last few times, I started noticing the blisters under my lip. The last time I used it, my face and lips had swollen up so bad I had to run to the pharmacist to get some over-the-counter medicine. My throat felt like it was going to close. My eyes was bloodshot red. I was going to a play that night with the family and thought I would not make it. My face was so disfigured my daughter noticed it right away. The chemicals in this product are harmful. After reading all these articles, I now know it just wasn't me. I would be willing to sign to have this product taken off the shelves forever. I hope no one goes through what I and the other men on here went thru.

Original review: May 3, 2014

I've been using JFM beard dye off and on for 7 - 8 years with no ill effects. That past year in using it I began to get minor irritation on my face and sideburns area. I worked to combat this by using allergy medication. It helped a little but it was only a little minor irritation. Recently I used it and the effects were so bad that I had rash reactions breaking out on OTHER parts of my body that the dye never touched. Weeping and puss were on my face for 4-5 days afterwards, scabs, awful redness and swelling much worse than anything I've ever experienced. The formula has certainly been changed and I have no idea why. It did the job before and now it's just dangerous to use and causes awful pain and irritation. I say pull it off the shelves. It's unsafe for human usage.

Original review: May 1, 2014

I used JFM on my beard and the worst allergic reaction happened to me. Itchy and burning was all I felt. The next day, my skin was covered on some yellowish/greenish puss coming out of my irritated skin, was so swollen. Took Benadryl and Motrin but nothing helped. We should all sue JFM!!

Original review: May 1, 2014

I used JFM and the same thing with everybody else - blisters, itching all over my body. I have a rash on my chest. My gentle part is itching. I notice the color in the tube of the jet black was brown and when I applied it, my beard was brown then turn black but all the other ones I used in the past was always black. It's a lawsuit against JFM. The lawyer number is **. Please call them and join the lawsuit.

Original review: April 28, 2014

My husband woke me up at 1 am last night with severe pain on his face. He used Just for Men on Friday night and all day Saturday and yesterday he began getting water blisters on his upper lip and chin. His lip and chin are now extremely swollen and the blisters keep multiplying. This product should not be sold if this is the type of reaction people are getting. He now has to go to the dr to find out how to stop the pain and hopefully stop the burning!!

Original review: April 28, 2014

After over 2 years of using Just For Men with no issues, within the last 3 months, I started getting itching to the point of clear light fluid coming from scratched areas, and scabbing developing. The itching would start the next day after using the beard mix, and continue with itching until the coloring would fade and require a reapplication. Eventually, after researching whether it was my own body developing something strange, I started researching Just For Men and saw the many complaints all centering on the same issues.

Since I can't afford to independently sue them for the product lost from having to discontinue its use, the physical irritations and resulting sores and scabs from the severe, and I mean severe itching, I believe my next step is to forward my complaint to the proper authorities responsible for overseeing what type of products are allowed to be sold to the general public, while obviously failing to be accountable for the substandard materials used in their reformation of formulas in their interest of making higher profits at the expense and health of the consumer. I've since shaved my beard and the scabbing, scarring has healed and the itching has disappeared.

USDA? BBB? Whatever it takes, however I can within my limited means, my goal is to bring Just For Men a similar discomfort and irritation they brought me. 343 consumers with basically the same issue can't be in error. Make that 344. Time to take whatever possible of a big legal swing at a company that makes other corporate business all fall under the umbrella of greed. I'll research the non-chemical hair colorings, since I like wearing a trimmed beard, and am willing to try non-chemical brands in the hope of not having the irritation physically and mentally that Just For Men is allowed to get away with.

Original review: April 26, 2014

I wanted to grow a beard so I researched to find how I could easily get the grey out of my mustache and beard. It was between Henna and Just For Men (JFM). After deciding to use JFM, thought I found the next best thing for us men to go through the unavoidable process of getting older, but having the appearance of looking younger. I began using JFM over two months ago and up to now, I had no reactions or problems. I received a lot of compliments from a lot of people who know me, family, friends, and colleagues. Unfortunately, after experiencing burning, relentless itching, then scabbing, it now appears that the honeymoon is over. Not sure what happened all of a sudden.

My beard began to itch nonstop. Instead of feeling a little better about my appearance, I started feeling shameful, hoping no one will notice the runny blisters and sores around my mouth and around my neck and chin. Due to my profession, I wear shirt and tie daily. Discreetly, I kept a damp napkin with my in order to help soothe the itching and absorb the pus and blood to try and save from embarrassment, as well as, my shirts. What went wrong? After going on for about a week, I began to research my JFM problem on the internet. After searching using, rash from Just For Men, I was directed to this site and was appalled that there were 340 plus complaints, similar to mine, about this product.

Now, I want to cut everything off before the grey comes back, but I'm being held hostage by the scabs and blisters. Wow, how can something appearing to change my life become so painful and damaging? I tried to call the company, but closed afternoon on Fridays and the weekend. I will certainly call back first thing on Monday to see if I can get an explanation and some answers. My apology for being lengthy, but this is literally my first review, ever.

Original review: April 25, 2014

My husband has been using JFM for over 6 years with no issues. In 2012 he used JFM and had a burning/itching feeling on his chin. A small blister had formed and progressively gotten larger until it bursts (I do have pics but will spare everyone). This has never happened before as I was a faithful user but have not picked it up since. If there is a class action suit, please count me in. I feel betrayed by this company for not letting its consumers know they changed a formula. The "scientist" that came up with this had to know it would cause some sort of reaction.

Original review: April 25, 2014

I have been using this product for at least 7 years and never had a problem. But over the last 3 weeks I have notice that my face have been burning and itching so bad that it would wake me up at night. So I tried a little spot on my chin and it burnt the hell out of me to the point where my chin is now peeling. I will never go back. I'm looking for a replacement now.

Original review: April 25, 2014

I have been using JFM for the last 5 years without any problem until about 7 months ago. I started to notice severe itching and some burning sensation with tiny blisters with clear fluid oozing out immediately after application. And the dye is not as good as it used to be. I thought it was just me who is experiencing the symptoms. It transpires JFM has changed its formula which is causing the problem. I can't afford to leave the grey and even tried to sport a clean face which does not suit me. Any other alternative dye anyone could suggest?

Original review: April 24, 2014

OK. Some will not believe this and, at this point, I'm not sure I do. I have also experienced the itching and discomfort. However, that is not what brought me to Google search and end up on this site. I used JFM for quite a long time - 6 or 7 years at least. For the last 2 years, I have struggled with a bowel problem - like irritable bowel syndrome. I've suspected a celiac disease (allergy to wheat gluten) and went on a gluten free diet 15 months ago. I've been improving but not cured. I keep having setbacks (flare-ups) and just recently figured out they occur right after using JFM on my beard and sideburns. (About every 3 weeks.) While I'm not certain this is the cause the timing of the flare-ups is now undeniable, I intend to get some allergy testing to see if this could be it. Will gladly go gray to eliminate the IBS.

Original review: April 23, 2014

Started using JFM about 6 weeks ago (Dark Brown). Got to bottom of dark tube which was darker tan I was used to and applied. However I didn't have enough so purchased med. dark brown. Had reaction within 6 hours. Not sure which caused the reaction or if my skin could no longer tolerate (after 6 weeks?). Directions say to test for 48 hours. But what gives when you use it for 6 weeks and then it starts? I can't sleep at night because of itching. This product needs to be taken off the market.

Original review: April 21, 2014

I was using Just For Men on my side burns where gray was showing. Soon after, I have red burn marks down the side of my neck and behind my ears. This happened within the first couple times I have used the product and did not relate it at first. I stopped using and the redness seems to be getting a little better. If this is affecting my outside, what is it doing internally? This is a dangerous product.

Original review: April 20, 2014

I applied JFM as directed. After a few minutes my face started to burn and I rinsed it off. It got very itchy, and blisters developed. I can now see weeping blisters under my beard and mustache. It feels horrible and looks terrible. I don't know what to do to treat the blisters. Don't use this product!!!!

Original review: April 16, 2014

Been a customer using Just For Men beard dye for years without problem. Until recently, I dyed my beard to wake up to a very painful burning reaction. Until this day I am having severe face blisters and scabbing under my mustache and beard. The blisters ooze a clear liquid drying into painful scabs. I have even lost hair on my chin due to the scabbing. In addition, my skin on my ears have dried out extremely as well. I've had many sleepless nights due to the pain on my chin. Please get the formula back to normal for your faithful, loyal customers as we deserve better!

Original review: April 16, 2014

I had used Just For Men 3 times previously with excellent results. On the last 2 occasions, I experienced severe itching and rash of the scalp and surrounding areas. The last time I was actually using ice on my head to try and stop the pain.

Original review: April 12, 2014

Oh please some got to sue JFM. My beard is full of blisters and some slimy stuff coming out. Wtf DID they do to me?? Been using it for 2 yrs, never had a problem before. Boy this is bs. I'm taking pics. Let's all sue them. I'm in. I also thought I DID some wrong when I MIX it. So after healing nearly 3 weeks I try it again on 4-11-2014. Boy that was a big mistake. My face is raw. Come on, just us men, let's go after them.

Original review: April 11, 2014

Used for 2 or 3 years with no problem until recently. Then started burning and itching. Had scabs under my mustache. Had flaking skin under my beard. It was constantly red and inflamed. Do not use as something changed in this product.

Original review: April 9, 2014

I've been using Just For Men (Jet Black) for a few years and I never experienced any type of allergic or harsh side effects. Lately, within the past 6 months, I started getting an itching sensation in my beard after each application that seemed to last until the color/dye had faded. I also started noticing blisters appearing as well. I also noticed that the color does not last as long as it used to. The company has obviously altered its formula without letting the public know. I find solace in knowing that I wasn't the only one experiencing these problems. If there is a possibility if a lawsuit, please let me know.

Original review: April 5, 2014

My husband used this product this morning. A few hours later and he has blisters on the side of his face and severe itching.

Original review: April 5, 2014

I used JFM for years with no problems. Unlike many here, I noticed issues with it longer ago, back in early 2013. The burning and itching started the next day and the oozing and blisters shortly after that. It lasted for about a week, until enough beard grew out to get the product away from my skin. I've used it a few times since then with the same results. If there is a class action, count me in. I miss the old formulation. Please bring it back. I'll pay the difference in cost, if that's the problem. Market it as a sensitive skin formulation and I'll pay extra to avoid this pain.

Original review: April 5, 2014

Just For Men Mustache and Beard Real Black M55 - I have been using this for the last 6 years, did not have any issues except when I bought one box a week ago, when I applied as per instructions I felt burning sensation and after a few hours later developed runny sores and blisters. Will never use this product. In my opinion definitely the formula has been changed which is causing this issue. I hope the company provides an explanation.

Just For Men Company Information