Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Just For Men Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

JFM needs to be held responsible for these careless actions. Do not care what they say or admit this product is a danger to the male population. I am speaking with legal support as this Company needs to be made to pay compensation for all the pain and suffering they have caused. I will never purchase this sorry product again.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

I've used the product for more than 5 years - never had a problem. Recently, I got irritation, itchiness, redness and flakiness on the skin underneath. I bought a new box (and different color) and used it with the same painful results. This time not only did it not work (color the beard) it also gave me the same burning and itching. This time I did do the skin test and did not have a problem. I would stay away as from what I've read, the skin reaction can be much worse (i.e. a trip to the ER).

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

On 07-10-14 I purchased Just For Men dark brown. That afternoon followed direction and carried out test on arm, on the 09-10-14 test patch, ok. Applied product, looked good. 10-10-14 noticed test patch becoming irritable, by 11-10-14 climbing the ceilings with blisters throughout head and chest as I applied to chest hair as well, oozing blisters extreme itch / discomfort. Have crushed vertebrate, chain sawed leg in past, which was a walk in park compared to the discomfort this product has caused and still causing me. Now 23-10-11 blisters have subsided, however rash has know spread over large areas of body where product was not applied. Doctors have me on an array of medication, hopefully there is an end to this suffering which is not death.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2014

My cheeks are maddenly itchy after applying Just For Men (beard & mustache) Medium Brown. I don't have the batch date handy, but I applied it about 8pm and awoke at 3am scratching my cheeks like crazy! Have been using the product for a year and this is the first time it's happening.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2014

Been using for years but the last 2 weeks, itching and burning, a little swelling. I hope it go away. I thought that I had some type of bug. The itch is nonstop and so many small bumps. Not using again. Please God help me.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

I used jfm 10/15/14 around 5pm I was heading to the conference I am currently attending. I have spent my entire trip with a horrible itch and pain on my face and lower chin. I have red blotches that are oozing a clear puss. It is now 10/17/14 and the itching has not subsided. I'm afraid to keep scratching my face as I feel like I will start to bleed. This has been a horrible 2 days I will never use jfm again. I would suggest you find some alternative natural method. From what I have read some people are allergic to the binder ppd. I fear that since this allergy is rare jfm is not willing or does not care to address the issue. I used the jet black color. I can't wait for this pain and discomfort to go away.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

The account that you've read on all is very accurate and very true. I too found myself in the emergency room without breath, a huge rash all over my body, burning almost on fire like swelling, couldn't breathe - had to be Treat with Benadryl and steroid and was there for almost 5 hours under observation. Please discontinue this product or have a major recall because I recall using it various times in the past and never this happening. But for the past 8 months - have been getting a reaction that has gotten worse and worse after every use and the last time I used it, it was horrible..

Original review: Oct. 15, 2014

Did they actually test this stuff on human beings? I've used this product JFM Beard and Mustache dye for over 12 years if not longer and yes, along the way there might have been a little discomfort re: slight burning or itching and redness in spots but nothing that lasted long and was gone in a day. However, after using this newest batch on 10/12/2014 it's been a nightmare. What with swelling of cheeks (on the face) and a fire red face from my eyebrows down to my chin, blisters in my goatee and an uncontrollable itch that nothing I've taken can relieve. There was no need to change this product as it worked just fine over the years. Who in the name of common sense would dare put market a product that has sent people to emergency rooms as stated in previous complaints and why on earth is it still out on the shelves? This product should be recalled immediately and JFM should be held responsible to every person affected by the physically and emotional damages their product has caused. Totally disappointed in JFM.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2014

I had purchased JFM and used it as directed. Did a test spot first and had no reaction. Continued to use it for the past year. Last month I purchased another box and after applying it I noticed the next morning I started to feel a burning in my beard. A few days later, I noticed 5 sores and they were oozing puss. What an

embarrassment! I avoided my coworkers and my boss because of how it looked. The itching was so agonizing on my face and head that I didn't sleep for 2 nights. I wanted to cry. It drove me nuts. It was like being tortured. My head was so sore from itching and scratching.

The puss lasted for several days and after 4 days it started to heal. I don't know who at this company made a mistake with the making of the product. Either they tried something new or made a mistake with measuring but I'm 52 and can tolerate a lot. This was humiliating. It took 3 days to figure out what was causing this. My fiance mentioned the Just For Men product. I told her I had been using it for over a year though. She googled Just For Men and seen all the problems others were having like me. Then we figured out what was causing my problem. We realized it was the Just For Men product.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2014

Worst experience ever, I've used this product many times before and completing skin test... I am still having mental effects from this.. burns, blisters, skin irritation and peeling, itching, rashes, facial swelling, swollen glands, privates irritated and skin discoloration that never went away... 3 ER visits and doctor visits. This product is dangerous and total embarrassment going out in public.... I know I deserve compensation for pain and suffering and unpaid hospital visits.... it's caused a change in my life..... somebody needs to be held accountable.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2014

Yes, I used the JFM hair dye and it burned my skin so bad I had to go to the emergency room for treatment. The worst experience of my life.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2014

My experience with this product is identical to the others. Used the product before with no problem. Used it again in October 2014 and woke up with burning and itching all over my face and my lips were swollen, felt like they were on fire. It's now two weeks after the application and I am still in pain, lips not getting any better making it very difficult to eat. The facial itching is unbearable, making it impossible to sleep. I agree with the other comments. The company has done something to the formula and is denying it. All of these cases are too similar spread out around the world for this to be a coincidence. JFM has to be investigated and all appropriate actions taken to resolve customer complaints. This product should be recalled immediately.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2014

I used Just For Men mustache and beard according to the directions, on 10/2/14. Within the next few days due to extreme pain and redness that got worse every day, on 10/8 I made an emergency visit to my doctor's office where I learned I had a chemical burn from the product which developed into a bright red, pussy infection all over my face (bearded area; mustache and full beard excluding neck) where I used the product. My doctor said it was a horrible case and gave me a topical antibiotic as well as an oral antibiotic. By Friday, 10/10, after continued extreme itching and pain causing sleep deprivation, anxiety, frustration and embarrassment (to be seen in public due to the appearance) I went back to the doctor.

I was told to take an over the counter medication to reduce inflammation/Itching and was instructed to take a prescription pain killer in addition to the medications already prescribed. It has been a horrible experience filled with pain, deeply painful itching, high anxiety and embarrassment as I have had to go out in public while people back away from me while looking in disgust at my red, puffy and oozing pusing face. The images attached are after 2 days of medication, showing some improvement. In my opinion this product is dangerous and should not be sold. It was more than physically damaging, psychologically it was devastating.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2014

I have used Just For Men mustache and beard and hair dyes for at least 10 years. I purchased medium/dark brown mustache and beard color in June, applied it as directed including the skin test. Following the directions, I colored my beard, took a shower and washed it off thoroughly and shampooed it twice like I have ALWAYS done at night. That night I woke up itching bad on my face. There was a rash so bad that I intermediately shaved my beard off and washed my face. The rash remained on my face for over two weeks.

I purchased medium/dark brown Hair Color in July. Applied it as directed including the skin test. Following the directions, I colored my hair, took a shower and washed it off thoroughly and shampooed it twice. That night I woke up itching and scratching in my sleep. I noticed a bad rash on my head and immediately washed my hair and conditioned it. The itch and rash remained for at least a week and my hair suddenly became weaker and thinner as noticed by my stylist. I don't know if Just for Men changed its formulas but this has never happened in the past and I always follow the directions before I color. I have sworn off Just For Men products forever based on the last two experiences. It's NOT worth it!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2014

I used this product for years with no problem & just recently I used this product & I got severely burned with itchy face, swollen, blister with pus coming out, rash & scabs. I had to go to the ER because of how bad it got. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2014

I use Just For Men one day and was alright everything was looking good and then the next day at work, from 3:00 to 11:30 about tenish the crew and I took a break. Well when I came in the break room one of my staff members said what happen did you fall or did someone hit you? I said no and there's nothing wrong with me and she said again what wrong with your face. So I go to the mirror and look and my right side of my face was swollen and it look wet. Now I knew I have not just any water in my hair. So I took a paper towel and laid it on my head and YELLOW pus was all over the paper towel. I was itching and I was scratching and there was a lot of pain.

About ten minutes the other side of my face had started to swell up so I took off to the house. I told my wife and she said we had it looking so good yesterday what happen? I do not know but it been itching like a dog and there skin in my fingernails and lots of pain. I could not sleep at all even with pain pills. I had to sleep sitting up because the oozzz that came from my head was making my pillow case stick to my face and covers. I was off of work for a whole week and still today there is an itch that comes and goes. My hairline is uneven and if I get a number one fade you can still see the spots on my scalp.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2014

My husband purchased the Just For Men facial dye and used it for a few weeks. He experienced a horrible reaction that in form of an infection, swelling, bumps, and an uncontrollable drainage coming from his face. He is taking Benadryl, a topical antibiotic, and a steroid to relieve the symptoms. We are both disappointed in this product.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

I used jfm last year with no problem. This year I used it and my face turned red and started itching! I can't get a decent night sleep cause of the burning and itching! I have to get up every 3 hours to change the ice pack!!! IT SUCKS! I will never buy it again. I will go gray!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

I am a first time user of this product, applied 10:00 am on10/5/14, as of tonight 10/6 8:00 PM, what was a mild itch on the outset has turned into a burning and irritation with welts, splotches, redness and swelling all around my mustache and beard area. With all the similar symptoms I've been reading here, I wish I would have researched before I used it. Lost a day of work already, heading to doctor tomorrow, it's really horrible to look at and embarrassing. Seems to be getting worse with every passing hour.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2014

I've been using jet black for about 4 years and until about 1 year ago I experienced, swelling of my cheeks, lips and chin. After applying it I also have a burning sensation around my lips and chin and pus and some other type of liquid forms around the area I apply to.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2014

I've been using Just For Men beard dye (dark brown) for a few years and never had a problem. I bought a package in June 2014 from CVS and I've had a itching rash on my chin where I used it ever since. It's been over 3 months since I've used it and the rash is still there. This is crazy. Don't use it! Who knows what it could be?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2014

My experience was using the JFM Beard & Mustache (Dark Brown). I had been using packages from CVS marked with a copyright year of 2013 without any issues for several months. I then ordered directly from JFM online and received a 2012 marked box. THIS is when I noticed a problem. The 2012 dye made my hair scrunchy and didn't appear to "work" as well as the CVS 2013 packages. I then bought a three pack from Amazon and received 2014 marked boxes. With this 2014 version, I am experiencing a burning sensation when I apply it and getting itching and some redness on my face. I am also losing hairs! I think the formula changed and there was a chemical reaction between the 2013-2012-2014 dyes. I have discontinued use until this itchiness goes away and when the dye wears off...

Original review: Sept. 11, 2014

Friend of mine said he was dyeing his stubble and recommended I try Just 4 Men beard dye. I bought Jet Black. No issues, did 3 applications over 6 weeks whilst my beard was around an inch and growing. Didn't use it for 4 weeks as I ran out and the brown/ginger came through. So I bought the Dark Brown/Black color. Applied it. Same day I had a bath. I then put the usual products on at night. That night I spent all evening itching and scratching in my sleep. Over a few days I had dried skin and small rash. Saw the doctor who said it was a fungi infection and prescribed a special shampoo. I thought it was psoriasis (I can't spell it but had it on my head before).

Today, as I have a wedding to attend on Sunday, ahead of a haircut beard trim I decided to dye it. Last night I spent all night itching in my sleep. My face was on fire, literally burning. I had to get up at 3 am and apply the shampoo to cool it down. My face is red under my beard and just around it, area are scabbing over and puss is coming out of my skin. I can't believe there are no health warnings. What can I do?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2014

Was on my second box of JFM when the itchy blisters formed and knew instantly what caused them. So I went online and was shocked at the number of complaints. I been wanting a beard for years but not ready to go salt and pepper (more salt lol) so I gave it a try and was pleased until last night. My question is WHAT THE HELL IS OOZING OUT OF MY FACE! Seriously what is that?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2014

I have used product since 2013. Had not had any negative reactions until the box I bought in July at Walmart in Missouri. Applied to my beard. Left it on 5 minutes. Got in shower and washed it off. Didn't seem to darken that much. Then later that night jaw area swelling and red and itching. My chin had water dripping out of it. During night keep me up looking in mirror and trying to wash it clean - no luck. Next day chin swells more and lips and neck area affected. Started googling to see what to do. Labor Day Holiday. Miserable and my Doc’s not in. Can I make it until Tuesday without serious problems… getting anxiety. Is this dangerous stuff? Help.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2014

Just bought this product and applied only a very SMALL! Amount to my mustache area and remaining beard. As a consequence I have just started with the symptoms everyone else is talking about, itching, scabbing and swelling etc. This product is seriously dangerous. DO NOT USE!!! I'm just hoping it will go away but I fear it's getting worse. How can a product like this make it's way past the British food and drugs standard association! It makes me wonder what other dangerous products they allow to be sold on our shelves.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2014

I've used the product for years with no problem. Over the last few weeks I've been burned by the chemicals. It's itching horribly, redness, burning sensation. Driving me crazy. Painful. Creating scars then the itching leads to bleeding scars. Slight swelling. The burning is the worst. No cream will alleviate the pain. I thought perhaps I had just become allergic to it for some reason - but I was shocked to see everyone else on here and on other websites experiencing the same thing. The scars ooze and then after some time crusts over (disgusting, sorry). It's a yellowish crust leaving tender red skin underneath. If you wash off the crust, it starts all over again with oozing. I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow. I was holding out but I'm done. It's not getting any better.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2014

My husband used Just for men, LAST YEAR for approx. 3 months. When he started getting a rash on his face he stopped using it. But the problems didn't stop. He still suffers from rash and facial swelling around his mouth, almost a year later. Doc has prescribed antihistamines and cortisone, but nothing works. DON'T use this junk!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2014

I have used this product before and had no problems at all until a week ago. I used this product one morning after work, I shaved my face and dyed my beard. Well the next day my face was swollen and looked like someone had punched me hard on both sides of my face. There was some nasty yellow disgusting puss oozing from my jaws, chin, cheeks and from the corners of my mouth. "Very embarrassing." I didn't wanna leave the house at all. There were hard thick scabs all over my face and chin and under my neck. And it was itching constantly. I tried not to scratch it but I couldn't help it. And when I did scratch it flakes off. Scabs would be everywhere all over my shirt! I had no idea what this was until I saw a commercial on tv about this product giving me facial chemical burns. I have two boxes left and they are both going in the trash!!!!!! I will never buy this product again, nor will I recommend it!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2014

Used JFM two weeks ago for the first (and last) time. Followed the directions to the letter and woke up with yellowish ooze coming from my swollen face. Had to put a towel on my pillow for two days until the oozing subsided. It left small hard scabs under my beard where the oozing came from. Five days after that, the itching started and then my face started peeling and flaking. What is even MORE disturbing is that I came into contact with someone who uses this product regularly (learned this in retrospect) and after inadvertently using the same face towel, my friggin LIPS swelled up and started burning and cracking. WTF is in this stuff????

Just For Men Company Information