Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Just For Men Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2014

Purchased JFM in November 2014 to try coloring my beard for the first time. First treatment worked well with no skin problems. Second treatment on December 14th turned out exactly as others have described. Within 6 hours a rash had started to form. Extreme itching and blister/oozing. Did a skin test as well with no problems. I would have never imagined a product sold over the counter could have such bad effects. This is something that should be pulled. I will be putting in a formal complaint to company. I'm hoping that the skin issues get better fast. I'd be scared to shave right now for fear of what I'd look like! Do not use this product!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2014

I bought some of this stuff about six weeks ago. I was using it about once a week. I started noticing that I was becoming very itchy. Not just on my face, but on my neck and on various spots on my whole body. I didn't realize what the cause was until today. I used the stuff yesterday and last night and today my neck, body were uncontrollably itchy. And my eyes became red, swollen and itchy. My neck even feels slightly raw to the touch. I Googled this crap wondering if this was the cause and BINGO. I realize now that every time I used this, these symptoms would follow. I didn't realize it at first because it wasn't just where I used it, it was a body wide reaction. Buyer beware. Your gray might be reduced, but the rest of you will be a mess. I'm a swollen mess.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2014

Used JFM 12/12/14 on my beard by 12/13/14 woke up with a swollen face redness and itchy as hell now after being to the ER. They prescribed topical cream steroids. My face is swollen to the point of not recognising myself, I'm not sleeping, can't stop itching my face. This is the most devastating feeling of how I look. Going back to ER this morning again, my face is on fire.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2014

My face hurts too much to type out a long description of my experience, which would just be practically identical to most of the others I'm reading here. I'm stunned, I thought I was the only one; I don't know why I didn't think to search online for other stories like mine, until today. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who wrote in about this, somehow I find it vaguely comforting. I'm also writing this to add one more voice to those who really, really don't want more people to unnecessarily suffer through this. For me it's been over a month since I tried to get rid of those unimportant little gray whiskers and I've still got the runny rashy skin in places (including around my nose and sores up a little ways into my nostrils--man, that hurts). The swelling went away many days ago but I'm still not comfortable out in public, and it hurts to open my mouth wide to brush my teeth, or blow my nose, or just dab up the little spots of pus. How did this happen? Is it going to go away? Is this the new normal?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2014

Same as all the other reports. Burning, scaling, one of two days after, drying and itching. Throw this stuff away if you have it. Someone need to share an alternative product and any topical solution to start skin repairing.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2014

I'm writing this to help other people to know that you are not alone if you have had a bad experience with Just for Men hair products. I have been using both for my head and my beard these products and in the past have had good results without incident but I notice lately that I had an uncontrollable itch in one spot on my face and chin. I thought nothing of it at first but it has increased and now within the last two weeks I have both sides of my face itching beyond control to the point where I want to pull my face off. It's not a good feeling, somebody needs to stop this company from manufacturing or making this product. People please do not use this product, unless you want to go through hell...

Original review: Dec. 6, 2014

I first tried this stuff in mid-August 2014, did the required skin test, fine, and it colored my beard fine with no problems. Used it again in early October, no problems. On the last use in late November all hell broke loose. Itchy beard, then rash along edges, oozing under beard, and now about a week later the rash seems to have taken on a life of its own... WTF! There are red itchy blotches all over my neck, itching along my jaw and up behind my ears even though I've only grown a small goatee/mustache.

I've used the same package I bought for 10 bucks in August, so upon reading the other complaints, it seems that either the compound morphs into a vicious acid a few months after 1st opening, or skin looses it's tolerance to this stuff? The experience is much like that of getting poison oak (but in the face!), which takes about 3 weeks of misery, cold oat baths, clay masks, creams, hassles, before going away. If it doesn't go away in 2 weeks, causes additional & extraordinary misery, or medical expenses, then I'm open to legal representation by a LOCAL (SF Bay Area) attorney to pursue the matter. Thank You.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2014

I used Just for Men mustache and beard for nearly 4 years. I used a box in December of 2014 that I believe I purchased in October of 2014. Made my face red, burns, and itches. And worst of all it didn't even change the color of my facial hair. Obviously they changed their product or had a bad batch with this many complaints. Just for Men will now go out of business unless they admit they messed it up because why would anyone buy more to feel the same pain?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2014

In agony from Just for Men beard dye, used it a few times and had itchiness but thought it was normal but this time I've blisters all over and am waking up to itch. It's that bad. I can't say it's like that for everyone but I wouldn't risk it again. I'd hate to see my face right now if I shaved my beard off ...

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

I used this product before with no issue (seems like a common theme here) with no issues whatsoever. Now this week I bought a new box to get the grey beard hair to go away. Since I have started to receive AARP advertisements (only 46 so someone turned me into the old police). Anyway, I have what I can only call a chemical burn. Nothing seems to relieve the pain, swelling and blisters this has caused. Can you say class action lawsuit here? This is horrible!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

Used Just for Men for Beards and Mustaches yesterday. Have used the product for years with no problem. Woke up this morning with a swollen and painfully itchy face. Really upset! No puss or anything like that. However it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Looks like someone slapped me repeatedly and my jaws are swollen.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

Holy Crap...I thought it was just me. After using this crap, itching, burning, red sores... Went to my doctor and he told me to put Lotrimin on it...an anti fungal... Holy Crap... It worked but I'll never use this Crap ever again...

Original review: Nov. 29, 2014

I've used it in the past. This time my face looks like the elephant man. Extremely swollen and irritated. Face feels like leather now. I can barely even open my mouth.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2014

I'm writing this to help other men to know that you are not alone, if you have had a bad experience with just for men hair products. I have been using both for my head and my beard these products and in the past have had good results without incident but I notice lately that I had an itch in one spot on my face. I thought nothing of it at first but it has increased and now within the last two weeks I have both sides of my face itching beyond control to the point where I want to pull my face off. Now lesion may be developing.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2014

I just read what everyone is going through from using this product... and I second all of it. I'm 36 and greyed early. In the past this product worked very well... GREY GONE. I was happy, felt good and the beard kept me warm working outside last Winter. This time around (Nov 24/14) I feel like a test subject for a product that could be used in chemical warfare.

No BS. I can take a lot a pain but to spend under 10 dollars for something that makes you look like you got kicked in the face, put on 40 pounds, oozing puss nonstop, insane amounts of itching, swelling, burning, wrapping my pillow with an old work shirt so the puss and flakes don't saturate, the anger/frustration and lack of sleep... I'm sorry I just had to pause and wipe the table clean as I have been looking down while writing this... and it’s not tears I'm wiping. Well enjoy your turkey dinner and have some for me... because I can't open my mouth in fear of my skin cracking open.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2014

I have used JFM for over 10 years. I bought a new box a week ago. Applied the product on my chin and it has been hell ever since. I am constantly itching and having difficulty going to sleep. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow. This product is garbage and needs to be banned.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2014

It's been 8 days since using just for men beard coloring. I have had to go to the ER and the dermatologist to receive medical treatment. I have been on antibiotics and anti inflammatory. I have had red oozing, pussing, itchy skin for the last week. Do not use this product!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

I've used JFM in the past without a problem. Just yesterday, 11/17/2014, I used JFM Coloring again... A few hours later, the entire area from ear to ear & all in between became red, swollen, itchy & dripping a clear puss as I was scratching? Today I'm at work, it looks terrible & burns. I contacted the JFM website & there is nothing for burns? Just a contact us button. I even tested a small spot on my hairline first? But when I applied to my face? OOWWW!!!!! All the symptoms, with no relief, didn't sleep at all. I have box & receipt saved.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

Burning, itching, clear pus in my beard, scabs, blisters. Did I mention ITCHING! Been 4 days and isn't getting better. WTF = I want compensation! And not just the $9 I paid to go through this hell ** BS!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2014

My husband has used Just for Men for approximately 5 years with no problem. I purchased a new box for him in November 2014 and he used it last weekend to darken his mustache. The next day he woke up swollen, itchy and had sores which were dripping pus ...so much so that he had to walk around with a tissue to constantly wipe the liquid off. It has now been 5 full days of no sleep and inability to go in public as it is an ugly, irritating mess. Started him on Benadryl, Antibiotic Ointment and Oral Antibiotics and not much relief. This stuff is VERY DANGEROUS and has been a terrible experience for him--as it seems nothing gives relief. I really do think he will have permanent scarring. Please do not use this stuff!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

I have used Just for Men for past year with no problems, then I purchased a new box a month ago. This new box was OK the first 2 times I used it and now this last use, today it started burning, itching, liquid coming out off my top lip, and my top lip is swollen. I mix it the same way every time and only leave on my mustache for 4 to 4 and a half minutes each use.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

I have used JFM for over a year on my beard with no problem. Last week, I developed blisters after using the product. I thought perhaps that I had a breakout of fever blisters (although I had never had them before). I have nursed the sores for the last week and they were nearly gone. Today, I colored my beard and WHAM the sores are back with avenges!! My face is itching like crazy and the sores are oozing pus! They obviously changed their product formula! Use at your own risk!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2014

I have used JFM Mustache & Beard many times before with no problems. Nov. 7th I purchased a new box at Walgreens. Applied same night and next morning woke up with my face on fire, swollen & oozing sores. I have missed work due to my appearance as well as the pain. Can't sleep a wink and feel bad all over. I researched the problem for help. I have tried Benadryl, hydrocortisone, & aloe. It's going to take time to get over the damage. Time is money! This is ridiculous. Why has this product not been pulled off the market.? Hope I am not disfigured. I am saving the box & receipt in case further proof is required.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

I just used the product yesterday and felt a burning sensation all day long. Secondly it didn't distinguish the color well. This morning I gently shaved it all off. I put Vaseline petroleum jelly in the area to soothe my skin somewhat. Greasy but soothing. This is an allergic reaction I have always had after the new formula has been made.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

I tried the beard coloring and now my chin is dripping some sort sticky ooze!!!!!! I'm so disappointed and feel dumb for buying this product. I thought it was a little harsh on my chin as I was applying it but I figured it was normal. A few hours later it started to itch and burn like crazy. Now it's raw and red as hell!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

I've been a JFM user for years now. No problems until this latest batch I purchased 10/14/2014. Did the skin test and had no problems. Used the beard coloring and within a few hours my face has uncontrollable itching. I have bumps coming up and oozing puss. What the hell did they change in the product to make it start doing this to me??? I'm sure it was to save JFM a few cents on the making of the product. Go back to the previous product JFM or I will never use anything your company make again!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

I have used this product in the past like 4 years ago. The first time I used it I did notice a slight warm sensation for the first few hours. Eventually it went away and never thought twice about it again. Until recently as 1 year that burning sensation persisted after each use and I kept questioning if I had mixed the product correctly. I used the product as per instructions. I still had the same result, my chin and part of my mustache area red and swollen. The only solution that I came up with to relieve my face from the itching and pain was to completely shave off my facial hair and use an ice pack to cool down my face. Shaking my head in total and utter disappointment. A message to the makers of JFM, fix that issue and you'll have me back as a customer for the next 20 years.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2014

I have been experience some short of breath and some burning feeling in my scalp that is not very major with using the product and so I have decided to reduce the use of it. The last time I used it I had a very weird neck pain that went down to between my shoulder and thought that I got old... It did go away and forgot about it until I went for using it again with some meeting that I was going to and thought to cover my good looking grey... So, now the pain is back in my neck and actually some lumps as well that is uneven. It goes down to my shoulder and after reading all of this and remember what happened to me before, I just swallowed an anti-histamine tablet and hope that it help subside the pain. I just can not sleep comfortably with the pain and I wake up at the middle of the night. To be clear I will say that I think it's the cause of my pain about 75% I think it is... Will confirm once if I come here in the future.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2014

Blister after light usage. I thought it was because the way I mixed it, but I even tried different ratios and still the same painful results: itchy, blister, bump, oozing pus. I know I'm adding to the forum but please out of all of us, somebody must post a remedy or cure to the side effects. Any remedies! Anybody??

Original review: Oct. 25, 2014

I wanted to color the gray hairs in my beard. I'm 41 by the way. So I did exactly what the instructions said and rinsed it out in less than 5 minutes. Shortly thereafter my shower I could feel a slight burning and itching. A couple hrs later it was really starting to burn. What could I do, I had already wash it out. I tried putting cold water on my chin but that didn't help. Then I noticed my chin was wet. Not from the water but my chin started oozing puss. Couldn't hardly see it because of the hair (which was still gray) being in the way.

After suffering all night and getting very little sleep early the next morning it was still oozing, burning, and itching. I couldn't take it no more. I had to do something to try and get a little relief. So very gently I shaved off my chin hair to reveal a very bad chemical burn oozing puss. The burning, itching, and oozing went on for three days but didn't stop there. Although it was starting to heal, whenever I would open my mouth it would split back open in several spots causing more pain and start oozing again. All in all a lot of pain and sleepless nights for about a week (7 days) straight. Pics were about four days after it started.

Just For Men Company Information