1.06/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Just For Men

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Just For Men Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2014

I have used Just For Men mustache and beard and hair dyes for at least 10 years. I purchased medium/dark brown mustache and beard color in June, applied it as directed including the skin test. Following the directions, I colored my beard, took a shower and washed it off thoroughly and shampooed it twice like I have ALWAYS done at night. That night I woke up itching bad on my face. There was a rash so bad that I intermediately shaved my beard off and washed my face. The rash remained on my face for over two weeks.

I purchased medium/dark brown Hair Color in July. Applied it as directed including the skin test. Following the directions, I colored my hair, took a shower and washed it off thoroughly and shampooed it twice. That night I woke up itching and scratching in my sleep. I noticed a bad rash on my head and immediately washed my hair and conditioned it. The itch and rash remained for at least a week and my hair suddenly became weaker and thinner as noticed by my stylist. I don't know if Just for Men changed its formulas but this has never happened in the past and I always follow the directions before I color. I have sworn off Just For Men products forever based on the last two experiences. It's NOT worth it!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2014

I used this product for years with no problem & just recently I used this product & I got severely burned with itchy face, swollen, blister with pus coming out, rash & scabs. I had to go to the ER because of how bad it got. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 8, 2014

I use Just For Men one day and was alright everything was looking good and then the next day at work, from 3:00 to 11:30 about tenish the crew and I took a break. Well when I came in the break room one of my staff members said what happen did you fall or did someone hit you? I said no and there's nothing wrong with me and she said again what wrong with your face. So I go to the mirror and look and my right side of my face was swollen and it look wet. Now I knew I have not just any water in my hair. So I took a paper towel and laid it on my head and YELLOW pus was all over the paper towel. I was itching and I was scratching and there was a lot of pain.

About ten minutes the other side of my face had started to swell up so I took off to the house. I told my wife and she said we had it looking so good yesterday what happen? I do not know but it been itching like a dog and there skin in my fingernails and lots of pain. I could not sleep at all even with pain pills. I had to sleep sitting up because the oozzz that came from my head was making my pillow case stick to my face and covers. I was off of work for a whole week and still today there is an itch that comes and goes. My hairline is uneven and if I get a number one fade you can still see the spots on my scalp.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2014

My husband purchased the Just For Men facial dye and used it for a few weeks. He experienced a horrible reaction that in form of an infection, swelling, bumps, and an uncontrollable drainage coming from his face. He is taking Benadryl, a topical antibiotic, and a steroid to relieve the symptoms. We are both disappointed in this product.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

I used jfm last year with no problem. This year I used it and my face turned red and started itching! I can't get a decent night sleep cause of the burning and itching! I have to get up every 3 hours to change the ice pack!!! IT SUCKS! I will never buy it again. I will go gray!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

I am a first time user of this product, applied 10:00 am on10/5/14, as of tonight 10/6 8:00 PM, what was a mild itch on the outset has turned into a burning and irritation with welts, splotches, redness and swelling all around my mustache and beard area. With all the similar symptoms I've been reading here, I wish I would have researched before I used it. Lost a day of work already, heading to doctor tomorrow, it's really horrible to look at and embarrassing. Seems to be getting worse with every passing hour.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2014

I've been using jet black for about 4 years and until about 1 year ago I experienced, swelling of my cheeks, lips and chin. After applying it I also have a burning sensation around my lips and chin and pus and some other type of liquid forms around the area I apply to.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2014

I've been using Just For Men beard dye (dark brown) for a few years and never had a problem. I bought a package in June 2014 from CVS and I've had a itching rash on my chin where I used it ever since. It's been over 3 months since I've used it and the rash is still there. This is crazy. Don't use it! Who knows what it could be?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2014

My experience was using the JFM Beard & Mustache (Dark Brown). I had been using packages from CVS marked with a copyright year of 2013 without any issues for several months. I then ordered directly from JFM online and received a 2012 marked box. THIS is when I noticed a problem. The 2012 dye made my hair scrunchy and didn't appear to "work" as well as the CVS 2013 packages. I then bought a three pack from Amazon and received 2014 marked boxes. With this 2014 version, I am experiencing a burning sensation when I apply it and getting itching and some redness on my face. I am also losing hairs! I think the formula changed and there was a chemical reaction between the 2013-2012-2014 dyes. I have discontinued use until this itchiness goes away and when the dye wears off...

Original review: Sept. 11, 2014

Friend of mine said he was dyeing his stubble and recommended I try Just 4 Men beard dye. I bought Jet Black. No issues, did 3 applications over 6 weeks whilst my beard was around an inch and growing. Didn't use it for 4 weeks as I ran out and the brown/ginger came through. So I bought the Dark Brown/Black color. Applied it. Same day I had a bath. I then put the usual products on at night. That night I spent all evening itching and scratching in my sleep. Over a few days I had dried skin and small rash. Saw the doctor who said it was a fungi infection and prescribed a special shampoo. I thought it was psoriasis (I can't spell it but had it on my head before).

Today, as I have a wedding to attend on Sunday, ahead of a haircut beard trim I decided to dye it. Last night I spent all night itching in my sleep. My face was on fire, literally burning. I had to get up at 3 am and apply the shampoo to cool it down. My face is red under my beard and just around it, area are scabbing over and puss is coming out of my skin. I can't believe there are no health warnings. What can I do?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2014

Was on my second box of JFM when the itchy blisters formed and knew instantly what caused them. So I went online and was shocked at the number of complaints. I been wanting a beard for years but not ready to go salt and pepper (more salt lol) so I gave it a try and was pleased until last night. My question is WHAT THE HELL IS OOZING OUT OF MY FACE! Seriously what is that?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2014

I have used product since 2013. Had not had any negative reactions until the box I bought in July at Walmart in Missouri. Applied to my beard. Left it on 5 minutes. Got in shower and washed it off. Didn't seem to darken that much. Then later that night jaw area swelling and red and itching. My chin had water dripping out of it. During night keep me up looking in mirror and trying to wash it clean - no luck. Next day chin swells more and lips and neck area affected. Started googling to see what to do. Labor Day Holiday. Miserable and my Doc’s not in. Can I make it until Tuesday without serious problems… getting anxiety. Is this dangerous stuff? Help.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2014

Just bought this product and applied only a very SMALL! Amount to my mustache area and remaining beard. As a consequence I have just started with the symptoms everyone else is talking about, itching, scabbing and swelling etc. This product is seriously dangerous. DO NOT USE!!! I'm just hoping it will go away but I fear it's getting worse. How can a product like this make it's way past the British food and drugs standard association! It makes me wonder what other dangerous products they allow to be sold on our shelves.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2014

I've used the product for years with no problem. Over the last few weeks I've been burned by the chemicals. It's itching horribly, redness, burning sensation. Driving me crazy. Painful. Creating scars then the itching leads to bleeding scars. Slight swelling. The burning is the worst. No cream will alleviate the pain. I thought perhaps I had just become allergic to it for some reason - but I was shocked to see everyone else on here and on other websites experiencing the same thing. The scars ooze and then after some time crusts over (disgusting, sorry). It's a yellowish crust leaving tender red skin underneath. If you wash off the crust, it starts all over again with oozing. I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow. I was holding out but I'm done. It's not getting any better.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2014

My husband used Just for men, LAST YEAR for approx. 3 months. When he started getting a rash on his face he stopped using it. But the problems didn't stop. He still suffers from rash and facial swelling around his mouth, almost a year later. Doc has prescribed antihistamines and cortisone, but nothing works. DON'T use this junk!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2014

I have used this product before and had no problems at all until a week ago. I used this product one morning after work, I shaved my face and dyed my beard. Well the next day my face was swollen and looked like someone had punched me hard on both sides of my face. There was some nasty yellow disgusting puss oozing from my jaws, chin, cheeks and from the corners of my mouth. "Very embarrassing." I didn't wanna leave the house at all. There were hard thick scabs all over my face and chin and under my neck. And it was itching constantly. I tried not to scratch it but I couldn't help it. And when I did scratch it flakes off. Scabs would be everywhere all over my shirt! I had no idea what this was until I saw a commercial on tv about this product giving me facial chemical burns. I have two boxes left and they are both going in the trash!!!!!! I will never buy this product again, nor will I recommend it!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2014

Used JFM two weeks ago for the first (and last) time. Followed the directions to the letter and woke up with yellowish ooze coming from my swollen face. Had to put a towel on my pillow for two days until the oozing subsided. It left small hard scabs under my beard where the oozing came from. Five days after that, the itching started and then my face started peeling and flaking. What is even MORE disturbing is that I came into contact with someone who uses this product regularly (learned this in retrospect) and after inadvertently using the same face towel, my friggin LIPS swelled up and started burning and cracking. WTF is in this stuff????

Original review: Aug. 23, 2014

I have been using this product Just For Men hair dye for years and until today I just used this 3 days ago and I notice some rash and swelling on my face and hairline had black spots - look like burns and bump in my head. This is the first time this happen to me. I had to go the hospital before but I did not know what was going on and I got very sick and I remember now I had dye my hair with this Just For Men. After reading this report, I will never used this product again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2014

I've been using Just For Men products for years with great results. The night of August 17th, 2014 all that changed. I used the beard & mustache dye by Just For Men only to wake up from sleeping with my chin & mouth area feeling tight & sore. I jumped out of bed in fear rushing to the bathroom mirror. The sight I saw blew me away. All around my mouth, chin, & under my chin area were swollen. My chin was oozing pus. I was standing there in disbelief. It's almost time for me to start getting ready to start the work week. I can't make it - not only was I feeling pain & my chin was oozing pus. I could hardly move my mouth to talk, not to mention " I Looked Terrible!!" I had to seek medical attention, got 2 shots - a steroid shot & a shot of Benadryl. Discharged with prescriptions for them both. I feel like there has been a change in this product & it's now very harmful. Not sure about the others I've read about but I'm seeking an attorney for pain & suffering, also lost time & wages from work.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2014

My husband used this product on a Saturday and he woke up the next morning with his hair stuck to the pillow. The oozing was so bad. He had used it before with no problems. During that day - Sunday, hives starting popping out everywhere. By Monday he had to go to the Dr. Because the itching was driving him insane. It at first looked like a chemical burn. The Dr. Gave him steroids and a cream. We went back 3 weeks later and had to do another round of steroids. The rash went through his whole body down to his feet. Months later where his ear had burned, his ear swelled so bad we had to go to the ER. They called it Cauliflower ear due to a previous injury . His ear is now permanently damaged and misshaped. Now almost three years later he is still having hair issues. PLEASE DO NOT LET YOUR MAN USE THIS PRODUCT.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2014

I've used the above product for close to 10 years and have experienced a severe reaction to the product. My face would burn, itch and I would develop a rash. The rash would last a couple of days, the itching would last several days and the only thing I found to stop the rash was Hydrocortisone Cream. This product needs to be evaluated to determine its safe use by men. I'm upset that it took quite a few years for me to discover what was causing my issues with using this product.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2014

I am seriously shocked at how many complaints there are. I honestly thought it was just myself and a select few having sensitive skin. This product is dangerous and needs to be pulled from the shelves ASAP. I'm not even sure how it got a pass in the first place. My itching and sores got so bad, I had to lose my beard completely. But even now I'm still itchy but it's better. I can at least sleep now.

I will be contacting watchdog to do all I can to get it removed from British and hopefully international shelves. In England, this seems to be the only product available and I'm wondering why that is.. Normally other companies can't wait to jump on but not for this.. Very irresponsible company that have now lost my trust for good. If there's a petition for this please direct me to it. If not, why not?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2014

I've used this product over the year with sometime good result but many more HORRIBLE results. There has always been some itching after a day or two in which I tolerated. But many more times I've asked myself what am I STUPID!? In the beginning it looks for the most part great! By the next day bring the pain... the burning, the itching, the skin oozing, the dripping, the swollen jawline, the cancelled appointments because you don't want to go out looking like that. Truly this product can sometimes be devastating! If anyone can suggest something that works and you don't experience all of this horrible side effects, please share this info with me.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2014

I have been using JFM beard colouring product for many years with no problems. The last 2 times the substance has rendered my beard area to dreadful itching, redness, blisters and water oozing from the lesions around my chin! The manufacturer must have changed the ingredients and now I consider this product dangerous! Use this junk at your peril if you read this and use it afterwards then don't say you weren't warned! WHY didn't they tell us the product has changed so many people with the same condition cant be wrong! JFM you have messed up big time, and now you need to put this right - apart from pain, irritation and embarrassment I am so angry. Shame on you!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2014

I have used this product before (JFM) with no prior problems... even just last week with no problems... Last night before going to a party I used a little on my goatee... I woke up on 8/10/14 with all the same sores, blisters, puss oooozing out, etc... It itches like crazy and I don't know what to do!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2014

I have been using the product for several years. The last two times in June and July 2014, it burned my scalp ten times worst than it did in previous times. I would not advise anyone to use it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2014

Just for Men Mustache Beard and Sideburns - After the irritation test and a first use, my face was on fire. Same as everyone else, nasty pus and swelling and major scratching. I would scratch at my desk and flake everywhere. Also seem like I have more grey hairs on my beard than before?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2014

My experience is the same as the many experiences recounted here. I have been going to a dermatologist who has been trying to figure out why my lip has been inflamed and pussy, etc. Only after reading the comments on this website did I realize the connection, as this started the day I applied JFM. All the symptoms including the burning sensation on my chin and lesions near my sideburns together with the lip inflammation are the same as reported here. I called them related what had happened and they said they would send me a refund, after I read them the lot number on the box. Yes, Just for Money.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2014

I used to use the product and thought I would do it again for my 30-year reunion. After applying 48 hours later, it was as my whole scalp had opened up with sores and pus. I never had this problem before but it had been years. The oozing was so bad it was really running down my forehead. It is now coming up on two weeks and applying cream and took some steroids as well as Benadryl. I still itch and it spread down a little to neck. Do not use this product and just live with the grey hair.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2014

I had been a user since it was introduced in the early 90s. When they came out with the Beard and Mustache formula, I also began using it on my mustache and goatee. However, in 2008, I began to get leaking sore on my bottom lip and blisters several days after using it. I inquired about a change in formula and they denied it 100%. There is no doubt in my mind that they did and it is what is causing these blisters and sores. When I discontinue, they go away. I had to shave all my facial hair off and keep it off. I did continue to use it on my head with the only problem being a slight itching. I recently wanted to grow the mustache again so I put some on my new mustache growth and lo and behold, 2 days later, blisters on my bottom lip.

Here's something I found on Wikipedia: One of the active ingredients is PPD, p-Phenylenediamine, which was voted Allergen of the Year in 2006 by the American Contact Dermatitis Society. Some users switch to henna-based products, such as Wolfshead Beardye as a result. I'm going to file a complaint with the FDA and also refrain from using this product. Does anyone have any suggestions on an alternative?

Just For Men Company Information