Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Just For Men Shop Now

Unsubscribe at any time.

Just For Men Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

I have been using Just For Men beard for last 3 years and without any problem. But recently about last two and half months, I am having some issue with my lips and two corners of the mouth. The lips get inflamed and blisters on the side and the lips are turning slightly black in color. First I thought it was due to my anesthesia during dental cleaning. But now I am doing very close observation on this, reduced the usage of color and I am using hydro cortisone cream. I have grey hair only on my beard. I have a doubt whether there are changes in the ingredients of the product recently or any defect in the batches?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

I have seen the same problem as described by others here. I'm now one month post uses and still have very dry itchy skin in the application area. I have been keeping it covered with lotion and it don't appear to be getting better. How long will this take??? Wish I had never used this stuff.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

I have been using Just for Men "Black" for many years and have never experienced a reaction to the dye as I did now; my scalp has become so irritated and inflamed with puss like liquid coming out from the blisters. After a trip to my pharmacy they gave me some Allergy formula pills and hydrocortisone cream that relieved the pain a little, although, after a few weeks it is still itching badly. I never had dandruff and now I do! I have made an appointment with the dermatologist, but does anyone know if this reaction is something I should be worrying about? And will it come back and haunt me with health issues in the future? I wrote to the company and have not received a response yet... I believe they owe it to us to come up with an explanation on what the HELL they changed to have this product react this way!!!!!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

I have used JFM for years but for the past few months I experience extreme itching and burning sensation. This discomfort lasts about 3 days after the application then subsides. This is very disappointing. Not sure if I will look for an alternative or give up.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

I agree with many comments that the formula must have changed. This summer I used the product and had no issues. On November I used the product and had a bad response with sores and itching on my scalp. I thought it was a reaction to new vitamins I was taking. I just tried it yesterday and the sores, itching, and pain are back so now I can absolutely confirm that its the product. Time to go to the medical emergency center for some medication because I'm on a speaking tour this week and can't be scratching my head all day.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2015

I don't use the product nor have I ever, but I recommend it to my male customers for discreet at home coloring (the guys that wanna look 30 forever). It has come to my attention that whatever they changed or added to the new formula has changed and is causing severe reactions, so bad that I had to send a few to the walk-in clinic. I have never seen this happen with JFM before. It used to be safe and I would always recommend it, now........ Well I recommend Godefroy Jel Color Kit. The color comes in Jet Black, Black, and Dark Brown. You can pick it up at Sally Beauty Supply for $7.99. It's safe and about the same cost and can still be done in the comfort of your home. They won't get my customers service anymore.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2015

I have been using JFM for about 10 years without any problem. Since last couple months, I used twice on beard and once on head. It has caused worst itching, face swollen and burn blisters oozing fluid. My advice is, stop using JFM. They may have change product formula which is damaging to skin.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I have used this with no problems for a couple of months to remove the grey. Now I have a severe red rash and itching. Very uncomfortable. Using Aquaphor but feel I need to go to the clinic.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I have used JFM for a few years and I must say that I'm very upset about chemical burn scars around my mouth and chin. It looks horrible and everyone notices it when they see me. After reading the negative reviews on this product, someone should be held accountable. I hope that JFM makes this right for all of the victims that put faith in their product and have made them profitable over the years.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

I have used Just For Men Mustache and Beard for several years. Today, after using it, my face is burning and I have red blotches. After reading these posts, I'm relieved to see that it is not just me and it is in fact an issue with the product. Any suggestions of other products?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

I've used JFM and after 48 hrs have had an aggressive reaction - big red spots with yellow pus coming out of them. They are so itchy - you want to scratch your face apart. My chin and the side of my face have swollen. I do not know how they can sell a product which causes so much pain to people. I've had hardly no sleep for 3 days and the swelling is getting worse now. Better stay away from this product.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

Been using jfm for about a yr now and no issues until now after dyeing my mustache and beard just about an hour ago, I now have a very bad rash and blisters on my top lip and cheeks. This is very painful. Tried benadryl and creams but nothing to stop the pain and pus from oozing... Wft please help with answers for relief and pain to stop!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

Had a little bit of grey, so used JFM and boy, was this the mistake. Felt good for about an hour then all hell broke loose...my face felt like it was on fire. This was 2 days ago and it still stings...it's actually making my neck itch too. Horrible product...would not recommend this to anyone...would rather go all grey than use JFM again.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

Just for men is a great dye. It contains no ammonia, and covers all the gray hair, giving your hair a full brilliant younger feel and look. It only takes 5 mins to dye your hair. Highly recommended, great buy. Go and get your box of original.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

I've been using JFM for years but the last few times I've got a terrible rash. I thought it was something else causing this problem but after three times I decided to look online to see if anyone else had the same problem. I could not sleep because of the burning. The stuff also cause welts and oozing sores.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2015

Can we give it NO stars?! Was in the ER for 4 hours yesterday! Swollen face, pus dripping! Yeah, the whole things that they warn you about! Wish I would have read all this before.. Now I am sitting at home waiting for the meds to give me any relief. Please! I am telling you stay away from this product at all costs! NOT worth it! Unless you want to feel like you have been hit by a truck! I'm coming for ya, JFM.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2015

Follow up to an October post... My Husband had to be treated at a walk in clinic on the day of his daughter's wedding because his face had continued to swell and blister a few days after the initial use of this product. That was Oct 4th. He continues to experience swelling, pain, and breakouts of red blotches.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2015

I've used JFM for my beard for about 3 months with no problems and the last time I used it I got a bad rash. Not sure what's up but it sounds similar to others here. Perhaps they made a bad batch or someone sabotaged it. Either way, I'm not going to use it again until this gets resolved - too painful!!! The manufacturer has to know that something is wrong with all these complaints.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2015

Wow, I am joining the voices of those complaining of itching, burning, scabs, oozing... and embarrassment. I used JFM two weeks ago and noticed the itching, then suddenly there was oozing and scabbing. I was like, what? From a 5-minute treatment on my beard?? Then came the over-thinking of how to avoid going out in public. I have to go out tomorrow, and I'm not sure how I'm going to avoid the embarrassment of the scabs and the two-tone beard. Not impressed, JFM! Interested in an alternative product.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2015

Just For Men Beard Dye - Acute Allergic Reaction and Severe Chemical Burns. I have used JFM Beard/Mustache numerous times without incident. I used the product early morning on Sunday, 12/28/2014 in-accordance-with directions provided and consistent with previous applications. My beard and mustache looked and felt great until early Monday 12/29/2014 when open sores/burns were visible along the edges of a fairly large beard growth. Monday night and Tuesday open weeping sores within the beard and mustache developed along with itching that interrupted sleep and would not subside. Late Tuesday 12/30/2014 I had to cut both the beard and mustache off and uncovered over 75% of my beard and mustache areas covered by redness, blisters, weeping pus, and swollen red areas.

I sought medical care Wednesday morning with a diagnosis of acute allergic reaction and was prescribed Hydrocortisone cream; steroids, and anti-allergy medication. I have follow-up dermatology appointments scheduled to ensure prevention of scarring. I was very satisfied with the JFM product line, had conducted spot testing prior to use, and always used per provided directions. I am seriously disappointed, believe this batch to be different from others used, and will be seeking medical, work-loss, and pain-and-suffering compensation.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2015

I've used JFM beard coloring all this Summer (light brown) with great success. In mid October, I noticed red irritated skin on my face after about 4 hours of use. Though it only lasted about 2 days, the itching was very intense and uncomfortable. I would also get white bumps. It was noticeable to anyone who saw it. I tried to use less dye, tried less time on my face and tried to lightly put it on for minimal skin contact. It didn't matter, the same reaction would occur. 1% hydrocortisone cream was what I used to minimize the itching. There must have been a formula change since the Summer.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2015

Used the JFM Black to color out some greys and it started itching Like crazy. Face got swollen and irritating with a puss type liquid coming out.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

This product is a nightmare, I would recommend other products after clear pus and a itch all over my face even after for using for half the time recommended. It's given me sleepless nights. This seems to be a repeat complaint.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

I have used JFM beard for a couple of years now with no problems, however on my most recent and last ever use of this product, I have developed within 48 hours red lumpy sores which ooze clear pus like liquid (very painful and itchy). After a visit to my doctor, I have been prescribed antibiotics and steroid cream which does seem to be helping with the itching and redness. Stay away from this product. Never again will I be putting this dangerous chemical near my face, if I suffer permanent disfigurement I will be seeking legal advice.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

More face leakage. I have had the same experience as everyone else. I called this morning and they cheerfully said that they'd reimburse me for my $10 product but wouldn't compensate me for anything else. They also told me that I should have done the patch-test and when I explained that I had been using the product for several years, they condescendingly insisted that a test should be done before each use (even though the box says "Same Great Formula" right on the front). Anyway, I have never sued anyone for anything but I think my discomfort, my ruined holiday(s) and my indescribable suffering here at work deserve more than the ten bucks they want to send me. Please email me at ** and I will put together a list so we can formulate an appropriate means for compensation.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2014

My girlfriend had me try jfm beard coloring about 6 months ago. I have been having problems with extreme itching and oozing. I went to a dermatologist a few times costing me lots of money...So for Christmas my girlfriend got me more jfm beard - next day itching and fluid all over my face....PLEASE DON'T BUY. Looking into getting hold of jfm on this issue.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2014

I used just for men and weeks later my face started to itch real bad and to swell. On the end of each hair follicle was pus and i started to lose hair in the process. This went on for weeks. After about 6 weeks, my face healed but not 100%... the hair won't grow back the same and I have missing patches of hair. This product has very harmful chemicals in it that will change your life for the worst.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2014

For about two years I been using just for men beard dye. Within the last six months I notice a change in their product new line. Upon using it, I receive first degree burns over 75 percent of my face, not only that I have lesions on my face with a burning and itching sensation which is very very painful. There is times my face weeps from the burning. I spend thousands of dollars to correct what was done to me by just for men beard dye. Please be careful using this product or you will be so sorry.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2014

I used just for men plenty of times in the past. But now I have burns to my chin, side of face, above lips. Very Embarrassing when you have to work in a store. Itched all day nonstop... Horrible. Not sure what y'all put in this stuff..Stay away.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2014

I had a nasty injury from this product. I wasted time and money at a dermatologist--multiple trips that proved futile. Money wasted on medications that did no good. Stress. Embarrassment. How is it this crap product is legal? I can't buy high-fluoride toothpaste without a prescription, but this poison is ripe for the taking in aisle 3. What a world we live in.

Just For Men Company Information