Hollywood Tans

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The staff in there is really nice and the place is really clean. Until today I was really happy with the customer service in there. I purchased a bottle of lotion (Hypoallergenic). Before I purchased the bottle I told the girl that I have allergies. She recommended me a special one which she likes and uses too. Since I had good experience with the salon I trusted her on the lotion too. I have to say she did offer me to try a small package but as said I trusted her and went with the big bottle.

I tried the lotion but during the time I was in the cabin my face turned more red than usual and my face started to tickle. If you have allergies like me you get scared and don't really wanna use the product anymore. When I finished my tanning I told her about my experience with the lotion and that I can not use it. I wanted my money back (usually it is normal to get your money back if you have such bad experience on your first use). I paid $47.78 for the bottle which my skin doesn't accept and can't return it. The only thing that I got is "I am sorry but it is not my salon and we can't take it back".

I do understand if you tried it couple times but after my first time on the same day and no return. This is not ok! I also said "I will quit my membership if you guys can't come towards". What came back was just the policy about you can quit but you still have to pay your 3 month either you quit or stay. I went to so many Tanning Salons but I never made such an experience like here! This situation tells me that the Hollywood Tans Salon just looks how to make money but doesn't really care about the customer service! I don't know but maybe it is just me who made such a bad experience with Hollywood Tans in Limerick!

Not happy at all with Hollywood Tans in Akron. Signed up for a 3 month tanning package. Wasn't using it as much as I expected, so I was told that I had to come back a couple days before the 3 month contract ended to cancel. I talked to someone at the front desk that had said everything would be taken care of and I wouldn't be charged again. Lo and behold, I was charged again. I called and even went up there twice to talk to someone. Each time I was told they would give my name and number to a manager and they would contact me. I finally got a call and was told that they "don't do refunds." So, they'll tell you that you have successfully canceled your membership, proceed to charge you again and tell you there are no refunds. The manager was also extremely condescending and rude. Don't give them your business and steer clear of Hollywood Tans in Akron/Fairlawn!

On April 30, 2013, I asked to cancel my membership starting in May. I wanted to cancel it because I had no money on my card associated with the account and did not want to overdraw my card. I wasn't able to cancel my membership because it was after the 25th of the month. That was understandable, so I paid for my last month of my membership (May) in cash since there was no money on my card. What no one told me was that my account was actually terminated in May because of the voided withdrawal it tried to take out my card for May, even though I paid cash. So since no one told me my account was already voided, I paid cash to start a whole new 3-month membership which is nowhere near what I wanted.

The owner was beyond rude and had no interest in my personal concerns or satisfaction. If I do not get any sort of refund, I promise you I will NEVER come back to Hollywood Tans again. And I will make sure that no one I know makes the mistake of going there either. It is complete ** that you scammed me out of $120.00. No one made anything clear to me or made me aware that I was purchasing another package. I'm extremely unhappy and will do whatever I need to do to get my refund.

I have been charged $50 a month since August when I cancelled my membership with Hollywood Tans (based in Manassas, VA). Although I went in person to cancel the membership (in August), they didn't cancel it. Now, five months later and I am being charged $50 monthly for services I'm not using. I want a refund. To date, no one has contacted me to remedy this situation.

Like many others who have posted comments on this site, I tried to cancel my Hollywood Tans membership in person on several occasions. First, I was charged $10/month during a "membership freeze" period. I got absolutely nothing in return for that $10/month charge for 6 months. Then, I tried to permanently cancel my membership on August 9, 2012. The front desk receptionist assured me that she was putting it in the system. Well, obviously she didn't because I was charged $109.00 again in September. I called the store manager and left a message. She sent me an email weeks later and apologized. She issued a credit for $109.99. I don't want a credit. I want my money refunded, including $41 in "bonus bucks" that I apparently paid for while my membership was frozen but never used or needed. Do not do business with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hollywood Tans?

I called to cancel my account with Hollywood Tans in Union, NJ and had been told that I would have to do it in person. I asked for a manager or the owner and neither was available. To even freeze an account, they will still charge you $10 per month. I had contacted the corporate office via email to advise them of the situation, that I am currently disabled, unable to work, drive and have no money at this time. They told me each Hollywood Tans are owned independently and requested advice since I can never get hold of a manager of the owner. No response to the email.

So in the meantime, I called the Union salon and froze my account believing for the moment the charge would be $10 rather than the normal $23. Wrong. They still charged my account the full amount of $23 and overdrew my checking account. That in itself has cost me a $35 overdraft fee. In total, I now owe $58.39. I checked my account again this evening online to see my account is now up to -$93.04. There is a fee from the bank for maintenance of $15 and showing still a charge from Hollywood Tans of Union for $23.39.

I have to call the bank tomorrow to see exactly why there looks like an additional charge from the salon. Being on disability for some time now, no disability payments for four months now has been devastating in itself, I didn't need to have Hollywood Tans of Union put me further into a hole. Though I tried to avert this from happening, to no avail as this salon still charged me, insisted on having to be in person to cancel. I will never do any business with them again and highly recommend to everyone else not to as well. They don't care. They will still charge you regardless. They got four free months from me, the last time I even used their services.

Tonight I discovered that my card had been charged in September and October for services I did not sign up for. When I signed up back in the summer, I was told by the associate it was for 3 months at $29. I completed my 3 months and have not received any services from your company. I called the office and spoke to an extremely rude girl, who told me she was the assistant manager. When I told her that I was charged incorrectly, she said that I had to cancel my services. Hence, why I was charged. I told her that I was told when I signed on that it was for 3 months and 3 months only. She responded with, "Well you should read things before you sign them."

Never in my life have I been so disrespected. I feel like charging people for services not received is like stealing from your customers. I did go to the store and cancel my account, asking the girl to refund my money. She refused to do so. I feel like I have been violated. Had I been told I would have to cancel my account in the first place, I would have done so and not continued to pay your company for no reason. Hollywood Tans should be more forthcoming with their contracts, not just tell people certain things for their signature. Employees should be better trained on how to explain their company policies so that this doesn't happen.

I am completely outraged by the lack of understanding, compassion or overall crappy customer service your Royersford location has. I have talked with my credit card company about disputing the charges. They informed me that I would have to go into my bank, file a claim and then get a new card. This not only takes me away from work, but would cost me an additional $25. All I want is the 2 months that I was charged for wrongfully to be returned to me. I do not believe that is asking too much as I was misguided by your employees and basically stolen from.

I purchased a gift cert., goggles, and lotion for my husband for Valentine’s Day (we are going on a vacation in 4 wks). He appreciated the gift. However, he does not want to use it.

I went to my location on Wednesday evening to tan and to speak with someone regarding this issue. As usual, no one over the age of 20 is employed there. The girl told me that the gift card is nonrefundable but never expires. That statement was kind of funny since when I purchased it, it was explained to me that it expired on 3/15/12 (1 month of tanning). I also had with me the $35 lotion that I purchased. The same girl then opened the top and squeezed the lotion to the top, making it leak over the edge. Then, she told me, "Oh, we do not give refunds on lotion and see this lotion around the ridges. We cannot accept it as a return.” Seriously?! I then proceeded to ask her and the other genius sitting behind the desk to show me where in the lobby does it state that lotions are nonrefundable. Nowhere! Now, knowing that I just purchased all of these items the day prior and my husband is not tanning, it's pretty obvious that the lotion was unused (and the goggles were still packaged).

I then left with them my name and phone number for the General Manager to call me the following day (they said she would be in the "afternoon"). Thursday came and about 4 o'clock, I decided to call since my phone hadn't rung. Of course, "she didn't come in" that day. So now just prior to my writing this email (1:15pm), I called again and she was spray tanning someone. I asked how long she would be there and the girl said until 2:30pm. I again left my name and number. It is now almost 2:00pm and we'll see if my phone rings within 30 minutes. This is $114.00 of my money that is completely being wasted! I do not see the issue here. I want a refund....period.

I entered the parking lot of Hollywood tans, I then proceeded to get out my 1994 green Ford Explorer. As I was walking, I discovered a 'Blue Tooth" on the ground. I paused for a moment and then suddenly a white male comes from around the corner. He then claimed the Bluetooth was his. He thanked me graciously, and asked if I were going into the Tanning salon and smiled.

I am an African American, I hardly think I need to be tanned any more than I am. I replied "not right now" again he chuckled. He then said, "Oh okay," and thanked me again for finding my Bluetooth. Then proceeded to go into its neighboring store.

In a few minutes, the same white male runs frantically into the store I was in, yelling, " he's towing your truck, I tried to stop him but he said no. You will have to pay 267.00 to him then he'll bring it back. I was livid, mainly because this was a mechanics loaner car.

Please help me reclaim my funds. This was a clear case of " Baiting". As I past by the Tanning store, several days later there were other victims to this scam. Police were uncooperative even though they received quit a few complaints.

when you go in for a tan you must use your finger print to cinsent that u are wearing eye protecrion. My husband and i buy the winkies online he brings them with him every time and is always harassed now they are putting the date on the winkies even though he already is consenting to wearing them. the owners daughter is nasty and always on a witch hunt. we argued about this once befor it seems she is trying to embarass him in some way. Is this harrassment legal?

I first came into the store back in Sept. 2007. I had been diagnosed with a terminal disease and was on some harsh medications. The employee re assured me that the tanning was just like natural light and there should not be any problems with drug interaction.

After I signed up for the services I thought it was best for me to double check with my doctor about the drugs I have to take and if it is truly safe to tan. The doctor informed my NO it is not safe and please don't tan. I within 5 days of signing up went back to Hollywood tans and explained the situation to the original girl who helped me. She reassured me she would take care of it and apologized for all of the trouble I was experiencing.

I was reviewing my bank statement and found Hollywood tans has been charging me ever since I signed up. I thought there was just some misunderstanding so I called and the young lady was rude who answered the phone. She exclaimed I don't know how Jeff the owner is going to take this! I was a little taken back but I replied hopefully professionally and responsibly.

When Mr. Jeff Wogan did return my call today 6/16/2008 @ 2:05pm he was very rude and belligerent telling me that I should have made sure his employee put in some code and had me sign something. I explained that I have no idea about the workings of his company or policies but I did as directed and returned to cancel. He called me stupid and asked me if I even read the contract I had signed. The contract is given to the customer after they sign it and yes I reviewed it after it was signed and I came in to cancel my contract with in the first week of signing and never could I use there services. He still continued to be rude and yell at me about how he only hires 18 year old girls for $8.00 an hour and he doesn't care.

I never asked for anything other than to be refunded the amount they continued to charge after I came in and cancelled. I only ask that they properly represent themselves when providing a service. Don't mislead the consumer. There misrepresentation could have caused me harm.

They charged me for almost a year after I had canceled my service. They could have caused me health risks telling me there services are as safe as natural light and it won't conflict with my medications with out even considering any health ramifications it could have caused me. They need to be held responsible for there actions.

Hollywood Tans is charging me for a months worth of services that I will not use and cannot use because I signed a cancellation contract. I would not have signed a cancellation contract had I known my money would not be returned. Hollywood Tans is well aware that I have not used their services since June because there is a finger print identification pass you must use when you enter the building. I could understand if it was the middle or the end of the month, but it is 7 days into the month and I havent been there since June. I said to the worker that I would dispute the claim, because I am paying for services I will not be receiving and he said fine, that he would take it through the court system.

I was never given a copy of the contract I signed in the middle of April. It was a Xeroxed piece of paper not a carbon copy document. I consider this false advertising and fraud. At the very least, I should have been reminded that Hollywood Tans was going to charge my account after my three month deal was over and never give me my money back (even though the month of August has hardly begun). So not only have I been ripped off, but I was treated incredibly poorly I will never ever use Hollywood Tans again, and I will not endorse the company to anyone.

When I signed up for 3 months of tanning services in the middle of April 2007 for $19.99 a month for three months; it was perfect because I had enough time to tan in time for my wedding on June 23rd and if I lost one month of service that was ok because it would still have been cheaper than just buying two months worth of services.

I was charged for half of April, and for the full months of May, June, July and August. I signed a contract that said Hollywood Tans would automatically charge me the $19.99 per month for three months. At least this was what I was led to believe. However, I saw that Hollywood Tans had charged my card for the month of August on August 3rd, and I then called in to cancel my membership. I was completely unaware that they would automatically charge my account after the three months was over. When I called I was told I could not cancel over the phone because I had to sign something. The next day, I went in and told them I would like to cancel my membership. I signed the contract and when I asked for my money back, it is August 7th and I have not used their services since June, I was told in no uncertain terms No, you cannot have your money back. I asked again if I could please have my money back it is the beginning of the month, and I havent been in the building in more than 6 weeks. Again the man told me no, too bad, you signed a contract thats how it is. He was incredibly rude, very mean, and showed no customer service at all.

I have been ripped off and am out $19.99.

On or about 3/28/06 I signed up to tan at the above location. On or about 4/3/06 I was signing up my daughter Alyssa Williams as she is preparing for senior prom. The young lady that signed us up suggested we join the Friends and Family Plan so naturally we did. My daughter tanned at the above location on a few occasions. On April 11, 2006 she went in to tan and was told that her account had been flagged and canceled because she has a different last name than me (we do have the same address on our lenience's and they did check when we signed up). Honest that is exactly what they told her and exactly what they told me today 4/12/06 when I went there to try to straighten this out.

This is exactly what MaryAnn told me at the corporate office (1-877-826-7123) when I called today as well. I have been trying to talk with Mark (the owner of the above location). He called my cell under a private call while I was shopping during my lunch hour and didn't get reception. I immediately followed his directions to call the salon, he was not there but did call me back on my cell again maybe 3 minutes later while I was on the land line with his corporate office and could not get to my phone. He said I was to call him back and he would not play phone tag with me anymore. I again followed his directions immediately, rude and nasty as they were, and low and behold he was not there.

I would not have believed this if I weren't actually living it. They didn't come to me with this problem they flagged, canceled and informed my daughter. Parents and teenagers don't have enough to deal with these days that now they are discriminated against and made to feel less than a family, embarrassed and ashamed by Hollywood Tans simply because they don't share the same surname. Now mind you, they didn't even offer to sign her up on her own plan but canceled her out completely as if she has somehow wronged them.

My daughter is extreamly upset by this entire situation. She is embarrassed and ashamed and felt as if they were trying to convince her that she wasn't a part of our family. She is my birth child and I have all of the papers to prove it however we wern't even given that option.

I signed up for a three month tanning service. I signed a contract so the paymentof $19.99 could be taken directly out of my account. The service ended in June and they still have been taking $19.99 out of my account.

The tanning salon owes me $60.00. The contract ended in July and they are still taking the monthly payment out ot my account.

Hollywood Tans Company Profile