3.84/5

131 Gillette Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

I've been using the Gillette Cool Gel deodorant for years. It was the only one I could use due to break-outs. I had to refill my stock due to running out. I purchased two to replace my one. Upon putting it on I immediately realized something was off. I began the typical underarm burn accompanied but the uncontrollable itching. I called Gillette to find out what has happened other than a packaging change only to be told they messed with a good thing. They have increased the perfumes to make it more fragrant. They done this across all Cool Gel products which forces this once long term customer out the door.

Why mess with a good thing? My armpits are now so red and irritated that I can't wear anything until they heal. Not only that, but they have nothing else to offer other than a coupon to replace what I can't wear?! Companies are so money hungry they do not consider the outcomes of their greed. This change was apparently done to increase profits because the perfumes that they were using were more expensive. I wouldn't wish an underarm rash on anyone!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have used this product for a long time and always found it very good, until you changed the top, now it leaks after use and gets very messy, will not be buying this product again as I have to keep it wrapped up.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had been using mach III razors for years. Last 3 months I have noticed that these are no longer the same quality blades. I am no longer using them. They have lost my business. My friends and relatives have experienced the same.

Resolution response: April 25, 2019

I got an email from the company apologizing for the delay, and said he's send me a travel case. It never arrived, though the blades finally did. I'm upping to three stars because these really are fantastic razors. It I was just rating the razors -- not the service -- I'd give them five stars plus. I'm unsure if I'll attempt to re-order. Well, maybe, if I give them plenty of time to arrive.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I placed an order for razors eight days ago and received a confirmation email. Since then, nothing. What, not even a shipment notice in eight days? This is not a company with which I want to do business.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Don't waste your money on any products from this company. They're overpriced crap. On top of that the political views of now coming to play in their advertisements. I'm not here for this company to educate me. On top of that the razors cut the crap out of you when you shave with him. Maybe that's intentional because this company doesn't like men.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gillette?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Quality of products declined in last years, and now there are better choices on market. Company now has more important priorities than making good razors. I will no longer be using this company products and ask friends and relatives to do the same.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I had been using Gillette for years and they have totally failed with their base. I will never purchase them again. The product has become very cheap and they have sold out their base consumers. Gillette has lost my business.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have been buying Gillette razors for many years. I have noticed over the last year that the manufacturing process has degraded significantly. I am constantly getting dull or defective razors right out of the package. These razors are nicking and cutting my face during shaving. I am switching to Dollar Shave Club. I will let you know how it goes.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I am girl that has been using Gilette Mach 3 for almost two decades now. For years I’d get a good shave and the blade would last for a decent amount of time. I have A LOT to shave all the time. I bought a new batch of blades last spring, and noticed that they were not effective. Had to go over any area 6-12 times and still have stubble. I don’t got time for that! The worst part is the razor burn I’m getting, and I am a full time stripper, razor burn is not a good look down there!!! The quality of their blades has seriously degraded, I am now forced to look for an alternative. Goodbye Gilette...

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have been using Gillette Mark 3 for many years now and have been satisfied until now. On my new purchase the blades were so bad that I actually got a better shave from the old blade I had just changed. €10 for four blades that do not do their job, what is this company thinking? Don't they have a team to check the quality? Shame on them, so time for a change.

Gillette Company Information