Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.98/5

Gillette Reviews

Original review: March 19, 2020

Maybe 1-3 shaves per blade now and razor burns galore. Not to mention the outrageous cost. Razor burns are now very common. After 55 years of shaving...I'm going to either grow a beard or find a different company.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Gel product does not work. Purchased two 8.4 oz gel, got to half of of the canisters and gel stopped coming out. I have been using Gillette for over 60 years and I never had problems with any of gillette products. Please advise me.

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

New series blades don't work well and only do 2 -3 shaves. Since Gillette introduced new system with raised sections they don't do the job the old 5 blade ones did. They drag and don't shave close. Bought 3 dif types. The older style 4 blade are best until they stuff them up. Bought Schick gel. Better shave. In one word Gillette are crap.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I've been using the Gillette Cool Gel deodorant for years. It was the only one I could use due to break-outs. I had to refill my stock due to running out. I purchased two to replace my one. Upon putting it on I immediately realized something was off. I began the typical underarm burn accompanied but the uncontrollable itching. I called Gillette to find out what has happened other than a packaging change only to be told they messed with a good thing. They have increased the perfumes to make it more fragrant. They done this across all Cool Gel products which forces this once long term customer out the door.

Why mess with a good thing? My armpits are now so red and irritated that I can't wear anything until they heal. Not only that, but they have nothing else to offer other than a coupon to replace what I can't wear?! Companies are so money hungry they do not consider the outcomes of their greed. This change was apparently done to increase profits because the perfumes that they were using were more expensive. I wouldn't wish an underarm rash on anyone!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have used this product for a long time and always found it very good, until you changed the top, now it leaks after use and gets very messy, will not be buying this product again as I have to keep it wrapped up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gillette?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had been using mach III razors for years. Last 3 months I have noticed that these are no longer the same quality blades. I am no longer using them. They have lost my business. My friends and relatives have experienced the same.

Resolution response: April 25, 2019

I got an email from the company apologizing for the delay, and said he's send me a travel case. It never arrived, though the blades finally did. I'm upping to three stars because these really are fantastic razors. It I was just rating the razors -- not the service -- I'd give them five stars plus. I'm unsure if I'll attempt to re-order. Well, maybe, if I give them plenty of time to arrive.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I placed an order for razors eight days ago and received a confirmation email. Since then, nothing. What, not even a shipment notice in eight days? This is not a company with which I want to do business.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Don't waste your money on any products from this company. They're overpriced crap. On top of that the political views of now coming to play in their advertisements. I'm not here for this company to educate me. On top of that the razors cut the crap out of you when you shave with him. Maybe that's intentional because this company doesn't like men.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Quality of products declined in last years, and now there are better choices on market. Company now has more important priorities than making good razors. I will no longer be using this company products and ask friends and relatives to do the same.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I had been using Gillette for years and they have totally failed with their base. I will never purchase them again. The product has become very cheap and they have sold out their base consumers. Gillette has lost my business.

Gillette Company Information