Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.98/5

Gillette Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2017

You're throwing money down the drain when you buy Gillette Fusion Razor and Blade Cartridge. Total failure in performance and durability. What was once the best razor system could buy is now a piece of junk. You will be sorry if you buy one. Gillette should be seriously concerned.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I bought a twin pack of Gillette gel and both stop dispense after two-week use. Then I bought a single one, it has the same issue. It stops dispense after 10 dispenses. But there are plenty of gel left in the can. I will never be going to buy this product again and not recommend anyone to buy this gel.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I have used three different cans and I am having the same issue. After barely using the shave gel (on average the fourth/fifth time), the can no longer dispenses any gel. After unwrapping the wrapper to verify the amount of gel left in the can, I can clearly see an abundant amount of excess gel left in the can. I have even weighed the can to confirm all of the unused gel. There is definitely some type of malfunction which is essentially wasting my money. I will no longer buy this product although I was satisfied with the quality of the gel.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

The product gives an excellent shave. However a full can weighs 9.0 oz. An empty can should weigh 3 oz. However when the can stops dispensing product the can weighs 5.1 oz. The second can produced exactly the same results. Gillette is consistent. I have started the third can, results are pending.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

The Gillette Mach 3 blades have had an engineering change in the last 6 months (at least in Switzerland). The physical differences are obvious when comparing the old blade to new. The effects are a worse shave. I've bought Gillette blades since they first came out in the early 90's. No more, hello Shave Club.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gillette?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I bought 3 pack from Costco in Nepean, ON, Canada. One broke when it fell from my bag to ground. It's a shame that a leading brand is using packaging that is so cheap that it breaks on a small fall like standing height. The 2nd one stopped dispensing within few days as gel looked like playdoh and settled at the bottom. While the third one doesn't dispense I am still holding it as a case study on bad design.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

Purchased a 3-pack from BJs wholesale club in Dale City Va and every can ceased dispensing the gel contents within two weeks of product use. I estimate that I threw out 80% of the contents of each of the cans. Apparently this is a very common problem for this product, judging by the number of negative reviews posted. While the cost of the product is not excessive, it is an extremely annoying occurrence to deal with.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

Unfortunately the rating starts at one star. To do this review correctly, what is needed is minus stars. I have been totally taken advantage of by the Gillette company. Faithfully, for many years I have used their blades and their newest shave gels and adjusted to the newer and newest expensive and more expensive pieces of garbage. The latest is the disgusting YELLOW blades. But, I must admit they are right... they will last up to a month. That is UP TO A MONTH. I barely get one week from these where the other ones I can squeeze two weeks. Blades should and must last at least 3 weeks to a month. Gillette needs some competition and I only hope something will pop up soon before my bank account is drained in blade purchases.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

Some months ago I began to buy Gillette Fusion ProGlide gel shaving cream. The first couple of cans seemed to work fine. Then, can number three or so failed to dispense on about the third shave. I continued buying the product nonetheless. In the past 3 to 4 months, only two cans have dispensed all their shaving cream; all the others have stopped dispensing after about two shaves. Because I had never before had to return shaving cream, I have not saved receipts. So, I cannot return the almost full cans, but must simply throw them away.

I will start saving the receipts, and returning the almost always defective cans to the retailer. I have read so many other similar complaints. There is no excuse for Gillette not rectifying this issue immediately. I don't know why they think customers will keep on purchasing the product. Currently I am looking for another product that will perform just as well, and will switch to that product as soon as I determine it is the one for me.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

I have been a long time user of the Gillette blade products. Recently while using the new Mach 5 blade the middle two blades warped while in use. They looked to have a "dent" in the middle of the blade. Before I noticed the damage to the blade I had already begun to use the razor to shave my head. The result was a bloody gash on the side of my head. I had to go into work looking like I had a fight with a Lawn mower... I'll never use this product again. Very disappointed. I trusted Gillette to use stronger, higher quality blades. Even more frustrating is that this was a fresh blade right out of the package!!! Unbelievable.

Gillette Company Information