Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.98/5

Gillette Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have been buying Gillette razors for many years. I have noticed over the last year that the manufacturing process has degraded significantly. I am constantly getting dull or defective razors right out of the package. These razors are nicking and cutting my face during shaving. I am switching to Dollar Shave Club. I will let you know how it goes.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I am girl that has been using Gilette Mach 3 for almost two decades now. For years I’d get a good shave and the blade would last for a decent amount of time. I have A LOT to shave all the time. I bought a new batch of blades last spring, and noticed that they were not effective. Had to go over any area 6-12 times and still have stubble. I don’t got time for that! The worst part is the razor burn I’m getting, and I am a full time stripper, razor burn is not a good look down there!!! The quality of their blades has seriously degraded, I am now forced to look for an alternative. Goodbye Gilette...

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have been using Gillette Mark 3 for many years now and have been satisfied until now. On my new purchase the blades were so bad that I actually got a better shave from the old blade I had just changed. €10 for four blades that do not do their job, what is this company thinking? Don't they have a team to check the quality? Shame on them, so time for a change.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I have been purchasing Gillette products for 25-30 years and have spent thousands of dollars on products. I was a Shave Club member, but now I’m canceling my subscription! You’d think having been a loyal customer for many years, concerns/complaints would be taken seriously! I’ve had issues with their shaving cream, over the years, not dispensing all of the shaving cream before it was empty, but most recently I was bothered when 2 cans were defective after only half the can was dispensed!

I notified Gillette and they promised that my complaint was taken seriously and they promised to send me a coupon which I’d receive in 7-10 business days! Well, I never received a coupon and notified them 29 days or so later! They said they’d send it out again, but I still haven’t received a coupon! At this point, I’ve had it and I’m done with Gillette! The complaint and customer satisfaction is certainly not their concern! I don’t need a coupon to be able to afford their products, but now I’m forced to explore other products! I give a ZERO if I was able to! Thanks Gillette! Now a former customer.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I just purchased a Gillette Mach 3 razor. The package states the razor comes with 3 - DuraComfort blades. The package has a clear plastic case where you can clearly see the razor, and a rectangular box about the size of a razor blade box at the bottom of the package. However, when I opened the package, the rectangular box was empty, and the only blade provided was the one on the razor. This package was clearly designed to misrepresent the product, making the purchaser believe that the rectangular box contained the other two blades. I'm so tired of deceptive practices by these huge corporations, and I wish someone will take a stand. I will never purchase a Procter & Gamble product ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gillette?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I've been using Gillette razors for the last 20 years and find everytime they are getting close to releasing a new razor the old ones just are not sharp and dull quickly. I'm pretty sure this is a way to get us to buy the new sharper product at a higher price. Time for a change.

Original review: July 28, 2018

In the advertising they say that they are better and less expensive. Well I don't know what they did but they best go back to the OLD Way of sharpness because they are very bad. I don't have much to shave but I must go over the same places several times and in a day it is like I never shaved. I could go 3 to 4 days with the old blades much better SO The Old Saying You Get what You Pay For. So don't go with the hype. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Stopped buying this product (shaving cream) due to the fact that at least a third of the product gets wasted as there's not enough pressure to squeeze the gel out! I used a kitchen knife to tear into the bottle and found so much gel that could have still been used! Poor design.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I have used the Gilette Fusion Razor Blades since they first came out. I thought they were first class. Some of them the blue strip would be gone but still get a good shave. Now the last batch I bought from Costco they are terrible. On the orange card 16 blades. I have shaved for years. I'm 70 years old. These blades do not last. Not worth the money. I have cut myself more than enough. I think you can get a shave from a piece of barb wire. That will be easier on my face than three shaves from these blades. Very poor quality.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

This is not a review of the Hydra Gel but of the product container top. I shave in the shower (as many people do) and to prevent rust marks on the bathroom shelf, I place saving cream/gel containers upside down so that they rest on the plastic top instead of on the metal base. This is impossible with the Hydra Gel container because of the curves on the top. Please Gillette be more practical. Focus on functionality first!

Gillette Company Information