3.57/5

352 FragranceNet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I ordered a $150 bottle of perfume. All I got was an empty box. Rude customer service. I doubt I’ll ever get a credit. I will let my bank handle this one. Don’t order from this company. Complete fraud.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I ordered Gucci Toilet water by Gucci Sport as a gift. The order came - according to the batch code and the calculator of the perfume product, the shelf life expired 67 months ago! Since the return can be made from the US, and I am in another country, for me this is a problem. I do not recommend this online store, because I do not believe that goods with such expired shelf life can “accidentally” be in stock. I hope that my feedback and experience will be useful for other users and will allow you to avoid a similar fate.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I have seen several really negative reviews of Fragrance.Net on this site and am amazed. The experience I had, this past Christmas season, was excellent. I purchased Issey Miyake Perfume along with Issey Miyake Eau de Toilette for my daughter for Christmas. It was a last minute gift...was not sure I could get it in time for Christmas Day, but it arrived as promised, packed carefully and safely, and the product packaging was original. Since this is my daughter's "go to" fragrance, and one she has worn for years, I asked if she was disappointed in any way. Her answer..."No issues here! I love it!" Needless to say, as long as their service is "as promised", I will continue to buy from and recommend Fragrance.Net. Thank you for the good buying experience.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I just buy two perfumes, which were supposed to be original. The boxes were a joke! They were a totally false impression, nor did they stamp of authenticity as they claim. The fixative of that smelly substance that they call perfume did not last 5 minutes. I tried to write an email and casually my user account is not registered! I am very disappointed and frustrated.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I placed a order on January 4th and even got an email back from FragranceNet.net stating that they received my order on January 4th. I then received a email on January 7th saying that my order shipped along with FedEx tracking number information. Now I placed this order as a birthday gift for my wife, which her birthday is on January 14th. I figured I placed the order in plenty of time to receive it by her birthday, especially since the website claims 3 to 5 day ground shipping.

Well it’s the 14th and I still don’t have my order and according to the FedEx tracking info the package has been sitting in one location for four days now and isn’t slated to be delivered until the 17th now. I don’t know how they can claim 3 to 5 day shipping because it’s well past that now! I can't comment on whether the perfume is a knock off or genuine, but at this point I am assuming it will be a knock off. In my opinion this company is operating under false advertising and can’t be trusted. I tried to save a little money and now I am paying figuratively even more for not researching this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FragranceNet.com?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I placed an order on 1/8/19. In the order summary the shipping interval clearly stated "3-5 business days." However, when I checked the shipping status, delivery is projected for end of day 1/22/19 - a 10 business day interval. Standard USPS would have been quicker than whatever ultra-cheap FedEx method they chose... Now my purchase will not arrive in time for the intended event, and customer service gave me boilerplate blah, blah, blah and basically wrote me off. Several significantly better options out there. Beware this company, their deceptive business practices, and their circa 1997 fulfillment process...

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Ordered Tender Romance by Ralph Lauren and the liquid was dark yellow, smelled more floral unlike the true tender romance and the scent only lasted an hour. This company does not sell 100% authentic brand names and should be shut down for selling counterfeit goods. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I purchased Aqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani and it gave my husband a rash around his neck. It doesn’t smell the same. My parents bought a large bottle of my favorite Dolce Gabbana Light Blue and I have a each on my face and it smells like alcohol not like the original Light Blue from Macy’s. We just purchased these for Christmas. Ridiculous. I will never buy anything again from this company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

The packaging was fake and the bottles came with no caps. These are obviously knockoff products. The packaging was extremely poor and you can see it wasn’t original Burberry. Would never use this company again. Buyer beware!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I purchased this product since they did not carry Olay Miracle Boost Concentrate (which is $19 at Target). This poor substitute was sold at this site for $36, which supposedly is at a 30% discount. First night I tried it, I was very disappointed. My forehead lines were more prominent, NOT a coincidence. Tried a second time, still no improvement. Went to Target, found my Miracle Boost Concentrate at so affordable price of $19. Love that product, WORKS!! Wrote a review on the FragranceNet site about the lousy way overpriced super serum. They NEVER printed it. Wrote another review, still NOT THERE. Don't waste your time on this site. They steal your money.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I ordered 4 bottles of perfume with FragranceNet.com and one arrived broken. I called and it took 25 minutes to reach an operator. When I asked to speak to a supervisor or management no one was available. This company tries to make it difficult to reach management and their phone service has many recordings, some of with violate the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Disclaimer: I am a consumer advocate that has appeared many times on TV, including Dateline NBC.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I have been ordering from them for years and have never had a problem with shipping or the products. I was surprised to see so many negative reviews. I know they offer knock off brands and the originals. It's the buyer's choice. They have a few stores in Long Island the prices vary because if their costs go up they usually transfer that to the consumer. That is why I order online but if the main issue is whether they are real or fake. I just don't understand how they would keep growing if their products were all copies. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I PLACED a order, they took out more money than my original order. They also said I would receive it with 4 days - now it going to be around the first of the year. When I place my order number in to check my order they say it doesn't exist. There is no way to contact this company until after the holidays!!! I'm filing a complaint with the FTC, PLEASE JOIN ME IN DOING SO!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I have a first time buyer. I placed an order of $314. Because it was over $300, it was flagged for fraud. Once cleared this lag the entire order. Two items were out of stock so they delayed the entire order hoping that it would come into the company. After waiting five days, they decided to refund the money for the few items and then finish the entire order. This lag the order by 10 days. I ordered 15 days before Christmas, and now it will arrive three days after Christmas. This company could have expedited this to arrive on time. They decided to send it USPS, and now it will be late.

Now I’m reading these maybe knockoffs. I will probably return the entire order. Very disappointed here. But I have not received the packages so can’t describe the condition it will arrive in- still no presents under the tree. They could’ve avoided the situation have they called me and said the items were not in stock or email me and then let me decide whether or not to wait. Of course I would not have waited. I would’ve had them send the items they had in stock and then refund the rest.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

When the price seems too good to be true, it is for a reason. Ordered two perfume, one for men and the other for women. Both items are fake, the smell seems original but does not last, like the actual one bought at Macy's. Will not order from this company again. Try to save a few bucks and got taken for a ride. Just buy from real department store. You been warned.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I have been shopping on FragranceNet for nearly Seven years and have literally had zero problems with them, so I am surprised to see so many negative reviews. Everything I have ever ordered has been legit, and the coupons they offer help a lot to reduce cost. If you don't like a coupon you can scour the web and find a better one and they will apply it as long as it's for their website. Also when they give you a shopping deadline they always deliver. I have never not gotten an item on time, this year is no exception. Their holiday shipping did go up this year, but I think that is reflective of higher shipping prices across the board with all shipping companies that they are forced to pass on. Overall I can recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I ordered Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue men's cologne. It arrived in a timely fashion. The bottle looked legit however, upon closer observation the bottle cap is not legit... No biggie. It was a different size bottle so maybe it is different. Definite difference did not end at the bottle cap. The liquid in the bottle is a complete knockoff. Now they have my money and I have a bottle of pony urine. More accurately it should be labeled Blue Light not Light Blue. Completely unhappy... NEVER TRUST THIS COMPLETE FRAUD OF A BUSINESS.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I worked in a major dept store for many years in the fragrance department, sent to many training seminars by top brands etc, which taught me much about shelf life of products and how they smell when bad, top notes, middle notes etc etc...I know fragrance. My sister bought me a 3.4 oz Pink Sugar EDT spray from FragranceNet.com and yes it was sealed in what appeared to be real packaging but the smell was terrible! I’ve had 3 previous bottles and they all smelled light & wonderful but this FDN bottle was a nasty dark old smell that ALL bad fragrance has.

I will not tell my sister because I would hate to hurt her feelings. She thought she really got a bargain and was so excited to tell me how much she saved. I’ll never personally order after this experience. Shame on you for selling bad quality perfume. Most of us work hard for our money. FDN should refund my sister’s money & pour this stuff out. Pink Sugar is just a fun 2nd fragrance I wear on the days I want a break from my Coco Mademoiselle. Don’t you find it odd they don’t sell that brand perfume? Hmmmm.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

It was written that my order had been delivered and had been left in such a place but that she had nothing! At dinner time, someone just "launches" my perfumes on my balcony. So, two options; the delivery person has no respect or wrong address (Canpar Express company).

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

The first order I placed this year was a batch of 6 perfume samples. One two of those samples were completely empty, they were the small spray sample types. I contacted them about this and they did do a refund on those. The next order was for two perfumes. My complaint here is the time it has taken to receive my items and I have yet to receive them. If you order over a certain amount you get free shipping but, I ordered on the 4th of December and still have not received it. They are on the East Coast, I am on the West but this is a ridiculous amount of time for shipping. I ordered something that came all the way from England, standard shipping also on the 4th, and I received that yesterday! So, these perfumes, being gifts for Christmas, if there are any problems, there will be no way to send them back for timely replacement. I am disappointed with my experience at FragranceNet.com and I will not be shopping there again.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I ordered Michael Kors shimmering perfume. I needed a small bottle to carry in my luggage. I have a big bottle that I bought from another store. The bottle I got from FragranceNet does not smell anything like the real shimmering. I have emailed two emails but no one seems to want to answer. I'm left with no choice but to do a chargeback. I'm not paying for this stuff. It stinks too bad to put on anybody!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I highly don't recommend this company for loyalty in customer service. I've been a customer of theirs for about 10 years. I recently correspond with somebody in chat to try to see if they would work with me on a large bottle of a particular cologne for men. This was going to be a gift to my uncle that is on his deathbed. Their lack of customer service and empathy is truly disgusting.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I bought two perfume for my sister's birthday with the shipment date and arrival date of 12/1/2019. I receive a notification that the item was delivered while I was at home, I did not receive any package from any carrier and it was not in my mailbox. I send an email to FragranceNet informing them what had happened. No one seems to care. My sister’s birthday is today and I don’t have a gift for her. “Sad”!!! I know that a gift was purchase and no care or concern is shown by the customer service representatives. No one have the common courtesy to reach out to me. Stick to the evil you know. “AMAZON” will never and have never treated any customer this way. I am a first time and last time customer.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

The product inside of the package was broken when it arrived! They should have used bubble wrap or something. I should of known, this company is a joke. I am not happy! I am going to find a way to either get my product or my money!!! You don't just spend money and get nothing!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Was charged for perfume that doesn’t spray... just leaks from the neck of the bottle. No top to bottle. Came from Fulfillment 800 Los Angeles St. Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA. Completely unusable. Perfume just dribbles in your hand. Came in a padded bag with no paperwork.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Fake cologne to say the least. Google Express and everything. But the cologne is fake. Fake website address on the Gucci Guilty 3oz bottle. The website and the clear wrap says it all. Even the recycle sign on the bottom is backwards. The smell is off and cheap. I got robbed basically of my hard earned money on Black Friday.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My mom purchased two bottles of our favorite perfume and the atomizer pumps are broken on BOTH bottles. New full perfume bottles and no way to get it out of the bottle onto your skin. Not one, but both bottles won’t spray out. What a joke this company is. Horrible reviews! Should have known better than to order from FragranceNet.com. Buyer beware!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I'm repeat client. I have order list of perfumes, all the prices online being shown as Australian dollar after the discount, later I submit the order payment. As I have seen on the screen it's Australian dollar. Next day I have find they withdraw from my bank account same amount number but with American dollar by convert currency, the different was big. I advise anyone use this website to take pictures for the screen of the total amount. Example the Aramis was 23 Australian dollar. but they charge me 23 US DOLLAR. So the Aramis become nearly 34 Australian dollar. Copy the screen before you submit your order. They keep losing more and more clients.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I have placed 2 different orders in the last day, orders accepted, credit cards charged. They send me quick Thank you for your order emails, then within hrs after placing the 2nd order, the orders go on HOLD. Tried all forms of communication with the company to no avail. Don't know what to do, I am requesting refunds, but no one seems to answer and from what I can tell, if the order is ever sent, it's going to either be Fake or Watered down. Wish I would of check the reviews on them 1st before believing their Fake website. How can they continue to operate like this and no law agency closing them down???

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I have been shopping with FragranceNet.com for the past 10 years. All of my packages have arrived on time. Never missing any products. Never anything broken. And I've been very satisfied with the perfumes that I've received. I highly recommend buying your perfumes at FragranceNet!

FragranceNet.com Company Information