3.90/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Estee Lauder

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Estee Lauder Reviews

Original review: April 15, 2009

Este Lauder sold a special gift last Christmas which included a large container of eye shadows. I have used their product for 30 years and this eye shadow was really powdery and flaked all over instead of sticking to my skin. Also the blush was very dry and powdery. I compared it to others I have and it didn't seem the same. It was about a $50 product. I will use it, but it just gets all over the sink and my clothes, etc. when I use it and I just think they were slipping in an inferior product.

Original review: April 11, 2009

I started using the samples of the Idealist refinisher and the day care plus moisturizer and also the night care cream. Those worked well. I was happy enough with it to buy the sample bag for $50 which included the advanced night repair.

Original review: March 6, 2009

Great service great store. Lipstick is the problem tastes like tobacco it was two free lipsticks with a promotional gift offer.I just want to know what is in the ingredients to give this awful taste. Purchased last spring or in summertime. one is called#183 SugarHoney. the other I do not know where it is at this time.maybe in a purse but it came together with nice gift after a purchase.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2008

Several months ago, I purchased Estee Lauder blush (rosewood) which was .28oz/8g. Recently when I returned to purchase this same product, I paid the same amount of money for .17oz/5g. I have been using Estee Lauder products for many years, but at these prices and less product, I can no longer be the valuable and loyal customer I once was. Sorry that you find it acceptable to use less product and still charge the same prices. I will have to take my business to another company.

Original review: May 7, 2008

I phoned into customer service at Estee Lauder to find out the manufacturing date of the Double Wear foundation. I was verbally insulted and abused by the representative who refused to tell me the manufacturing date, or give me any information on the age of the product. I was standing at the Estee Lauder counter in Johnstown, PA with an Estee Lauder sales associate, who also was listening to my conversation. I asked the customer service representative to let me speak with a supervisor. I was told to call back later and she took my name and phone number.

When arriving home 4-5 hours later, I received a phone call from Zonora, the supposed supervisor who continued to refuse to give me any dates of manufacturing of their product. He remarks were that we would never sell you anything old. I told her that I was already sold products that were 2-3 years old, and for the safety of my eyes, skin, and mouth, I, the customer had the right to know just how old this product was. She refused to give me any information and I hung up the phone.

I have used products that caused my skin to become red, peeling, yellow tinged, tight, and eyes burning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: July 11, 2007

I have used Estee Lauder makeup for many years, having to change when the product was no longer available, I used Polished Performance for years and loved it and now am using Resilience lift extreme, pale almond 02, the last few bottles that I have purchased have only been three fourths full, I realize there has to be some space at the top, but paying that much money for a bottle that is only three fourths full is not right. I did not notice this until the last few bottles, you can see the empty space when you take it out of the box. Are they all like this or is this the way you measure your makeup.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2006

I have been using Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex product for about a week now and 2 days ago when I was about to apply it I saw something dark in the cream and held under the light. It was a dead baby spider in it. I am so discussed right now. I can't believe such a supposedly good product can be produced in a non-hygienic environment.

It created a very negative psychological effect that I feel disgusted towards all lotions and cant apply anything to my face and body anymore.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2006

Original review: March 23, 2006

I purchased the Tinted Self Bronzer, used it one time. Have a thick red rash that I have been treating with Metro Gel for three weeks. I think there should be a warned to test a patch of skin before covering the face. I have used the other self bronzing lotion without the tint and had no problem. My money was returned but even with the receipt was nearly turned away because I hadn't kept the box.

Still itching, still red, still uncomfortable.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2006

I am not to sure about the address and information on this product but i was opening my perfume ( youth dew) and the lid to the perfume cut my hand. I have been using youth dew for over thirty years and i have never had anything like this happen befor. I find this very upsetting to see how poorly the packaging is being made. The cut on my palm is about an inch long. I do have a picture of the wound and will send it to you if need be if it will help.

this product is very sharp and i do not wish to cause any problems. i am concerned that someone else may get hurt on it. i am just sending a heads up and maybe you should look into changing the lids.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2006

bought $158 jar of estee lauder re nutriv face cream and came home and it had been emptied out...nada in it ...

lost trip to santa fe with mom cos have to take it back

and then it upsets us so much

lost a day with mom (visiting, amputee, wheelchair person...slow to get things done) so two people one afternoon..and then have to go back tomorrow and lose trip to santa fe

Original review: July 16, 2005

I am in the same boat as the other women of colour. I am using the best foundation I have ever tried it is perfect for work & the outdoors - maximum cover toasted walnut 21. It is very strange how they discontinue the popular foundations. Are they trying to strip our confidence?

Original review: June 19, 2005

I have been to stores like macy's, nordstrom's to find make-up for ** skin made by estee lauder and every time I go to one of the stores they are claming to be sold out of soft chestnut or any other colors of ** that would be suitable for my skin. I went to macy's in the douglaston mall and they told me because it was a chinese area that's why they don't have to many ** products I felt that was a very racist comment to say and that they need to provide for ** a make-up product line too, I am willing to file a lawsuit against estee lauder for their inconsiderate and unprofessional ways. This is America the land of the free and if they want to make products suitable for all color women they should not be in business. I feel this is a very discriminatory act of racism toward ** women and I am now ready to take action if they do not find a solution for there problem soon. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Original review: May 12, 2005

I have worked in cosmetics for years as a salesperson, counter manager and department manager, and there is some advice that I would like to offer victims of major cosmetic lines.

1. Demand to know what the active ingrediants are in the products you're being shown, esp. if you're looking at treatments. Many common ingrediants are known to cause irritation, one of then being sodium borate. Others comtain mineral oil, which actually clogs the pores and causes break outs. If your beauty advisor doesn't know, she should either offer to check or take your business elsewhere.

2. Most major department stores will grant a return without a receipt; they will offer in-store credit instead of a refund. If you are denied arefund for any reason, I suggest talking to store management, not a representative of the cosmetic line itself. The cosmetic lines do not generally regulate such policies.

3. Products available behind an expensive cosmetic counter frequently don't differ much from the products you can buy at Wal-Mart. The ingrediants are relatively the same. One of my favorite line is lancome, but did you know that L'Oreal is the same company with nearly the same product? Estee Lauder is planing to launch a discount store line as well.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2004

I am an American-born Black woman who lived for 20 years in England and now reside in Australia. It is now impossible to get Estee Lauder foundation in shades for darker skin tones in all of Australia and New Zealand. Further to this, an internet purchase cannot be carried out from their site (presumably because my credit card is registered outside the US). My days of having it delivered through Harrod's are numbered as these shades are specficially not delivered to the store on as regular basis as are the lighter colours. I am effectively being told that my custom is not wanted.

I still work from time to time as an actress and model. If I can't get makeup (in a society obsessed with all matters of physical perfection), then I can't work. I wouldn't even be able to show up for an audition.

Original review: June 20, 2004

I have been using Perfectionist and am now on my second bottle, about 5 weeks ago the 3 areas on my face where I use the product started to get red and sore, I stopped using the product but carried on using the Esteee Lauder Foundation.

My face continues to have three red scaly blotches, if I put the foundation any where near them they flare up and start weeping, currently I cannot get rid of them and am about to seek medical advice. I would desperately like to know if anyone else has reacted like this as I have no vconfidence that Estee Lauder would answer that query truthfully.

Original review: March 2, 2004

I like to know if it is normal for a Estee Lauder lipstick to produce 'smell' other than the usual lipstick nice aroma ie rose.. The packing of the lipstik is dark blue and light blue shade (hexagon shape)

cannot use it anymore, sad. It is not easy to get the right tone that we like.. wasted money,... not so much faith with the product

Original review: Jan. 15, 2004

It has taken me many year of making expense mistakes with foundation before finding one that was the right colour. I began wearing it at age 20 - I'm now 40. I must have spent hundreds if not thousands of pounds on foundations that would get used once and 'filed' because in the shop they looked the right colour but once I got them home and looked at my face in natural daylight, they were always too pink toned. I have yellow toned skin and what a great day it was when I found Estee Lauder's double wear in bone. But, no sooner found than discontinued. I am distraught. I have made yet more expensive mistakes as I cannot find anything like this colour in any other brand. Why oh why do companies do this? The rep told me it was one of her most popular colour too.

Original review: May 25, 2003

I purchased 'Perfectionist' from Estee Lauder. It made my skin itch after one use. I tried 2 more times & even worse! I TRIED to exchange for another product or refund. They refused since I had no receipt. I spent $40, which I figured would mean I was getting a good product, why would I keep the receipt? They sure were eager to sell it to me, but since I had a problem, they were snobby!

Red around eye area & severly itching & entire face itches.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2003

The Christmas promotion special (available in Nov. 2002). I have bought this promotion special for many years. This year I bought the package and the min. purchase (some perfume). The pkg.(a gold carry case with a minimum of contents in very cheap format)cost approx. $100.00 CDN. The makeup was minimal and the application brushes were small + difficult to use. I feel I was mostly paying for the case (which I didn't need). I am VERY disappointed that a co. of this stature (Estee Lauder) put out such a cheap promotion compared to previous yrs. The one lipstick I tried to return to the store as I thought it was rancid (turns out it was a new product that had a smell). No exchange was possible and I just feel very disappointed and VERY overcharged for an item that I have VERY little use for.

I won't be buying this promotion ever again. I think I shall return to the less impressive, but more consistent products of Revlon. (sigh!).

Bad reaction to the stinky lipstick. Bad consumer reaction to the very cheap package deal compared to many years in the past of a successful promotion that very adequately advertised new products and lead to further purchases throughout the following year.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2002

I wanted to report that i had an experince that was quite similar to that of the young lady who was disheartened because this company discontinues high demand products for women of color. I too was new to the world of make-up and was quite satisfied with the products offered by Estee Lauder Deep Intensity concealer and Cool Toffee foundation.

Imagine my surprise when the product that is usually sold out out my local retailer had instead run out of reserves because the products were no longer being produced. I emailed the company directly, and the offered to mail me a limited suppy of the discontinued product for retail price (as long as I had a credit card and called during business hours). There was no convient method and there was no information on what i would do when i exhaused the three products i was allowed.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2002

I recently bought at Macys your product no.027131545576 face and neck cream which I used for approximately 2 weeks.

As a result my cheeks turned dry and partially red similar to a burn. One month after this the red spots have not dissapeared and my skin feels coarse.

I believe this cream has damaged my skin

and wish to inquire about possible remedies to this damage.

Original review: July 14, 2002

I have purchased Estee Lauder products for years. Recently the cases for both the pressed powder and the lipstick have cracked and broken before the product is finished.

I have to purchase more product sooner than I would have to otherwise. I have decided NOT to purchase Estee Lauder products for this reason.

Original review: April 26, 2002

I like many other women of color have a difficult time finding makeup that compliments my complexion. Estee Lauder had a minute makeup called suede and it was the perfect foundation that matched my skin. After searching and searching I've come to find out that they discontinued this product. I just would like the company to know that women of color buy your products and I find it totally ridiculous that once we start getting used to a certain type of cosmetic you discontinue selling it.

Original review: March 7, 2002

I bought Lightsource from a departmental store. I told the sales girl at the department counter that my skin is sensitive. She said I should be able to use Lightsource. So, I purchased it. After using it, my skin had small pimples all over the face. I went back to the Estee counter girl, she said that I should use it continously for more than a week, perhaps all the dirt accumulated on my face is coming out and I should see good results of Lightsource after continous use for more than a week. I went back and kept using it-but stopped when my skin did not look any better but worse.

So I bought another item that I am used to using as mosturiser and forgot about the Lightsource that I had bought. A few weeks later, I realised that I should go back to the Estee counter and complaint. The same girl at the counter was there. I told her that the Light source I bought-I really cannot use it. She said I cannot get my money back. I told her perhaps she could replace it with other items of similar value as the Lightsource cost me RM200/=. She asked me to fill up a form and she said that she will call me as it would be okay to replace the item and she made me choose the items I wanted. So I choose 2 item that cost me more than RM200/= and I told her that I will pay the balance. She said she has to contact her office and she will call me when she get the items from her office.

Yesterday, I went to see her, she said her office has not contacted her yet. I am not sure how long I have to wait. Is this normal for Estee Lauder products-to contact some office? Or is the lady is a fraud?

My skin had bad tiny pimples. I still have scars after many months. My money was not returned or received any replacement

Original review: Nov. 26, 2001

I am writing to basically tell all these women that get the run around and have horrible reactions to these awful chemical laden skincare products that there is hope. I too, was promised that the EL products were great for my skin, and that NOONE had a reaction to the sensitive line. My face BURNED, was red for days, and they basically treated me like I was some kind of criminal since I wanted to return it.

In a way being treated like that helped me, because then I went on a crusade to find natural skincare. Please let these poor people know that natural skincare doesn't burn your face!!!!! I do represent an all natural skincare line called Arbonne International, and I am so happy with the results!!!

Original review: July 29, 2001

I noticed that others have complained about Estee Lauder on this site. So I wanted to add to it. I have been wearing Estee Lauder, warm chestnut for over 2 years. I switched to their product because it lasted longer, and the color matched my skin perfectly. Several times I have gone to purchase this color and was told by the salesperson that they are sold out or when they get the color in they only receive 4-5. I personally know 4 women who wear this color so if they went in together they would buy up the available stock. I don't feel that Estee Lauder is looking out for women of color. They don't have a replacement for this color.

I tried another dark color but it looks chalky on my face. I can not believe that they are discontinuing a very popular shade. I personally have driven to more than 3 stores in my area trying to get this color on more than 1 occasion. They offer so many products but not many that women of color can wear (except the perfume). Why would they take away the only color that we can wear???

I wanted to voice my opinion. Now many women of color who once used this color have to go through the challenge of locating a color that is suitable to our complexions.

Original review: July 1, 2001

I like your product very much but being on a very low budget it is mosly that I will have to stop using your products is there any offer coupons to help a person on a very low income. your moisturiser seems very expensive ($210.00)

Original review: Dec. 9, 2000

I have used the Estee Lauder Eyebrow pencil for years with satisfactory results until August 2000. When I tried to purchase a refill for the pencil, I was informed that Estee Lauder was replacing the pencil with a new design and the refill would not fit the old pencil. I had to purchase a new pencil at $22.50. The pencils keep breaking and falling out of the pencil. I have wasted two pencils. At the price they charge for the refills, I have decided to try another cosmetic firm for my eyebrow pencil needs.

This is upsetting to me considering I had a product that worked well for me for many years. I hope I will be able to find a product at another company that will work as well for me for many years to come.

I not only will be purchasing eye make up from other companies, but also all my other make-up needs as well. I cna no longer rely on Estee Lauder for quality merchandise.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2000

I have every Automatic Pencil for each color of eye liner and I have two Auto Pencil's for Lip and two Auto Pencils for Brows. I cannot believe that I went into Dillards and was told that you have improved one of your proucts by changing the CONTAINER it comes in. And that all my refills will no longer fit into the new container. How gross is Estee's company when she forces her customers to restock their entire makeup wardrobe with new containers at $22.50 a piece!

I have at the minimum 13 cylinders- which totals $312.97 that I have to replace because of your GREED! Well you can kiss this customer Goodbye- I will Pay the Price for excellent makeup products however I will not pay high $ for a CONTAINER of your products and I do mean goodbye in the sense I will not buy anything under the Estee Lauder Companies UMBRELLA!

Estee Lauder Company Information