2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Estee Lauder Reviews

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I bought an Advance Repair as gift to my aunt, when she unpack, that is a tester! Rubbish company with poor service quality! They said just wrong input, and they don't apology, just asked me go to the shop change the stock myself! I can't believe this is an international firm.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I buy the set for moisturizer, eye cream... I was using this product for the first time. Just right after I start using this product I had rash and my eyelids began to swell. I did not know what I should do and I also saw a lot of review that people were having the same issue, how come this expensive and big product causes such damage and ruin people's skin. Am really mad and angry and I really need help.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I used this product (Advanced night repair eye) one time, it has burned the skin around my eyes so bad I had large puss pockets about an inch below the eyes. The pain was so bad I ended up in the emergency room. It has been almost 2 weeks and I still have very red bruised dry swollen skin about an 1-1/2 around both eyes. I will be making several more doctor's visits to get this cleared up. Very painful. I have photos of my eyes.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I'm having the same reaction of others with the painful redness, itchy cracked wounds. It's horrible especially when you have to go to work looking the way I do. It didn't do anything but damage to me. Thinking I can get younger looking eyes it made it worse.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have been using Estee Lauder skin care products for over 4 months now. I started with the Advanced Night Repair. Along with my order I received several samples of wrinkle reducing products and moisturizers. I have been extremely pleased with the results of all the products received. My order was timely, the gifts are of an abundance of goodies and well worth the price! The lines around my eyes have diminished, my skin is more radiant, and I was asked today what kind of foundation I wore because my skin looked great! I do not wear a foundation!

I am 53 years old and I recommend Estee Lauder for any and all skin care. I have read some of the reviews where folks have had bad skin reactions. This can happen with any product. I cannot use Avon or Mary Kay and few other products, so don't let that discourage you from trying it. You can get samples at the store and try a spot test. If you know you have sensitive skin, then you know how to look for products that won't irritate you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: July 20, 2018

Was about to turn 32 when I thought I should buy myself a good eye cream, went to Estée Lauder since my mom uses their older eye cream. So the sales lady recommended the newer eye cream because it has this new technology formula. So I tried it on and every time I did I got a tingling sensation under my eye and thought okay it's working. After putting it on every night for about a week I got a horrible reaction to it. The bottom of my eyes were itchy, swollen, dry. I couldn’t believe it... had to go to urgent care and paid $125 for them to give me ** pills and **. Has this happened to anyone else???

Original review: July 5, 2018

HELP!!! I used Estee Lauder's Lucidity in Outdoor Beige since it was launched. Why did Estee Lauder discontinue this foundation product? Their Double Wear isn't the same and I don't like it. I also tried their Perfectionist and it is even worse (for me). I am so angry about the discontinuance that I refuse to use Estee Lauder now. I hope many others are doing the same.

After Lucidity was no longer available in the stores that carry Estee Lauder, I ordered it from eBay, Amazon, any place I could find it. Now even those sites no longer have Lucidity or if they do they only have one and the color choice isn't Outdoor Beige. I have seen prices of well over $100 just for one bottle of the foundation. Is there a chance Estee Lauder will bring Lucidity back? Don't they know that many users want and need it? If sales of this product were down it was only because Double Wear was so much advertised and many buyers didn't know about the Lucidity product.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I made an order with Estee Lauder nearly 2 weeks ago but the item was never delivered. On contacting them via email it took them 3 days to reply just to tell me to check with neighbours. Called them 4 days ago and all I keep hearing is they are looking into Royal Mail with this and it's still ongoing. Being a brand this large you would expect better customer service. If it wasn't for the 20 percent discount offer I got from them I would never have ordered it from them. I should have just paid full price and got it from a store.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Estee Lauder online order and shipping method is terrible. It took 7 days for an order to be delivered. Their online information says 3 to 5 business days but I'm still waiting for my order to arrive.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I love all the products of Estee Lauder, and especially the cosmetics. I am fascinated by the shadows, the lipsticks, the powder, the ingredients are of high quality, a lot of colors and textures. I have 5 years of using them and I recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

This past summer I switched to Estée Lauder double wear stay in place foundation predominantly for photo shoots and 'staying power'. Within several days of using this product I developed what looked like acne (I'm 52 years old). I started using acne treating facial hygiene products to help this skin condition, thinking that I wasn't cleaning my skin thoroughly. I continued using the foundation and became meticulous with my facial cleaning regime. My skin only got worse and then severely damaged. The bumps became open, deep wounds. Thinking I had contaminated the product I had initially purchased, I bought a new one. My face only continued to get worse and extremely painful. I had not considered that there might be something wrong with the foundation.

I sought help from several dermatologist and other physicians who could find no reason why my skin was in such a severe state. I had completed several rounds of antibiotic therapies as well as oral and topical steroids. Months later and having replaced the foundation at least twice, I ended up having to seek care at a wound clinic due to the severity of this skin condition on my face and the failure of the wounds to heal at ALL. I was instructed to STOP using Estée Lauder foundation as well as throw out what I had left even though it was a brand new bottle (again) and I had not put my fingers in the bottle or around the opening. I accidentally dropped the uncapped bottle in an empty sink and was shocked at what I'd found - it looked like insects or larvae if some sort - the exact SAME things I had noticed in the sink while and after I washed my face for months.

I immediately pulled the 2 BRAND NEW sample bottles I had gotten to try a lighter shade and dumped them into the sink separately. I was shocked to see the exact same 'things' in BOTH sample bottles!!! After numerous months of facial wounds that would NOT heal despite medical intervention and the purchases of new bottles of double wear, I realized there is something very weird and WRONG with their product! They all had foreign pieces of something that looks eerily like insect larvae! I don't know where they bottle their stuff but I'm alarmed at my findings as are my doctors. I am now looking at having to have reconstructive surgery on the areas of my face that were affected!

They FINALLY healed when I switched to another foundation from different manufacturer/company and had to see numerous docs and eventually a wound clinic. I've read that many have had similar issues with Estée Lauder facial creams, cleansers and makeup! Something is NOT right with Estée Lauder. It's either their facial products in general or how and or where they are packaged/bottled! I hope my pics post because people need to see this! We shall see if the company bothers to respond to this post!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I recently purchased Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and after about 3/4 days of use my skin started to burn and itch terribly. Both eyes swell up and are red and itchy, my ears are burning and itchy and I have a rash all over my neck. It has been like this for over a week now and continuing to get worse. Today my doctor prescribed me steroids so hopefully this will help. I'm disgusted that such an expensive cream that can ruin your face like this is allowed on the market without a single warning.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

After trying to purchase 7 time some products online, all my attempts are all for nothing. The orders goes canceled after few min of placing it. I contacted them through phone, online chat, email. They tried to resolve it to see if it is a credit card matter but after 1 day they send me another email with a phone number to call them again... for help assisting. I'm very disappointed, I do really love their products but after 7 attempts I give up.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased a lipstick from Estee Lauder (Insolent Plum). I had it for a few months before I started using it. It broke at the base which made it impossible to use. So I ordered a new one. Well I have only used the new one several times and the last time I went to use it, I discovered that it too had broken at the base. I have used many different companies' lipsticks and never had this happen before. I am upset at this because the prices is very expensive compared to other companies. I would not recommend this product.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am a returning customer of esteelauder.com, and all my info are inside the Estee Lauder website. I purchased two orders from them, and I didn't touch a thing after that. I am pretty damn sure I am the only one who has access to my account. The next day I received a email, saying they have cancelled my orders UNDER MY REQUEST. When I asked the customer service, they said sorry but there's nothing they can do as the things are already sold out. Following are their words:

"Per your request, we have cancelled esteelauder.com order #**. The following item(s) has been cancelled and will not be shipped." I'M NOT A SENSITIVE PERSON, BUT IS THAT TOO MUCH FOR A BIG COMPANY? Even if you say the bag is out of stock I won't say a thing. Could you just simply find someone who speaks human language? You insist it's my fault and that's really disgust me. Go away!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I am furious! I bought one of the Estee Lauder daywear and it irritated my skin. I went to my doctor and he told me I now have dermatitis caused by this product. It has been a week and half now, and eyes are still swollen and my skin still burns.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I recently went to purchase Day Wear foundation only to find that it has increased in price to $42 for one bottle. I love the product but I will be choosing another brand because it just simply isn't worth the cost anymore.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I just tried the moisturizer as a freebie and have to say I’m in absolute agony now. My neck has come up in red blotches everywhere and it’s itching like hell and burning hot. I am very tempted to take the product back to my local store but as it was a freebie, I wouldn’t expect a refund! I just think that their sales representative should know the effect that some of their products are having on the customers. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I purchased both Double wear and Day Wear Moisturizer together. Using this for the first time, I applied generously the Moisturizer first and then the Double Wear Foundation. The Moisturizer burned but I thought this was a normal since many lipsticks burn when put on. After all this was an expensive brand and I had used some of Estee products for years. The burn did not stop there for the next day I had a horrible red rash all over my face and still have it even though I have been to the Dr. and had steroid shot and medications. I am taking it up at present with Estee but I do not have hopes of solving my problem. If they can take back the rash instead of the product I would have been more inclined to believe they are a honest and generous firm. What is so bad for Estee is I am extremely active and have many friends who will ask about the rash and of course I will have to tell them.

Original review: May 26, 2017

ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR - I used it around my eye area only and my eyes burnt. Turned red with pain and endless tears. This product ruined my eyes. Be careful please. My teenage daughter tried it and she woke up the next day with swollen red, burned skin all around her face!!! Tried their expensive lipstick, not lasting even for 15 minutes. Very rude customer service!!!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I have used ANR serum from when I was 20 yrs old or younger. I believe that because I was using it at such a young age, it has aided me in keeping a young appearance. Estee Lauder used to religiously give trial bottles of ANR in their gift with purchase giveaways and I used it just because it was there and when I was feeling dry in some spots. I'm glad I put this on my face when I was young because even though I am now 47, my skin is in the same condition as someone who is 24! A 24 yr old noticed this about me herself and asked me what I use on my face! It is important to get it only from the Estee Lauder counter or from Estee Lauder online only. DO NOT buy from a third party!!! There are a lot of fake bottles floating around from China. This is probably what is giving some people rashes. Beware... Only buy directly from Estee Lauder!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Advanced night repair serum should be labeled with a warning! After applying it I woke up to a rash all over my face. What progressed over the next 48 hours was horrendous. Burning swelling blisters! I have never ever reacted before to any product. I had to consult 2 Drs. My face was so bad. The swelling was shocking. Even worse Estee Lauder won't acknowledge this.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

I have been getting this 2016 blockbuster makeup kit for Christmas for many years and it has always been top notch until this year. What a disappointment!! The eye shadow is smaller and packaged with the blush in 3 odd shades. No eyeliner, no cologne and only the one box, certainly not the quality of the previous kits. These kits started me using these product years ago and the quality of the products has really slipped.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I used many cosmetic brands before trying Estee Lauder decades ago, and have no regrets with the decision. The variety of products enables me to find the exact item needed for my skin type. Estee Lauder representatives are always helpful with information on specific products and recommendations. The promotions which offer new products are an economical way to try new items. Estee Lauder meets, and often exceeds, expectations, with advertising true rather than hyperbole. Representatives are helpful, making telephone calls to give information about promotions and new products. Thank you notes also are mailed, which are especially appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

The new lineup has flat drab colors. The pigments have no depth of color. The new skin care is thinner and less effective than the drug store lineups. I am simply disappointed and I have used Estee products for fifty years. My mother and grandmother used it too.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I have dry and sensitive skin and Estee Lauder products haven't caused any allergic reaction. They have a wide variety of products and colors that suit me, but they are a bit expensive. I use Estee Lauder products almost exclusively. I find it is a very good product, but expensive. I have very good skin for a woman of 75 and since I have used this brand for many years I have to give them some credit for the condition of my skin. The product I use faithfully and love is the Night Repair, for both skin and eye area. The sales people are very helpful in regard to choosing makeup colors that suit my skin tone and age. I use their blush and am happy with it. I prefer Matte eye shadows and I find it difficult to find Matte shades in their product line so that is a negative. I also love their gifts with purchase as it gives me a chance to try new products. Overall I am pleased with the product line.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

I only bought it yesterday. I used it this morning and by this evening I started feeling a burn on my neck and face. I washed my skin and have put ** on my face and neck. I texted my Estee Lauder rep and she said "return it." This product needs pulled and quickly.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

So I asked my sister who happen to work for a sister company Bobbi Brown, to buy a foundation for me from Estee Lauder as I always liked their product. When she got the product they also gave her a Lip Color that doesn't have no price tag on and billed her with the foundation without her knowledge. After she realised what they have done in 5 min she went to return the lip color. The so called manager was so rude to her and simply denied and snatch the bill and lip color from her without the refund and sent her away saying that their manager will get in touch with her in a week... instead she got a call from her manager at Bobbi Brown and threatened and harassed her so bad (which I will be sharing it with my lawyers in details) that it will affect her job if she ever go back to Estee Lauder for any further complaint... So I went today I. e 26 Aug 2016 to sort out the matter myself which is by the way after 2 weeks after.

To cut the story short... all I get was rudeness and disrespect... but strangely even before I left the Estee lauder my sister who was at Bobbi Brown at a time received a call from her manager saying how dare she sent her sister to complain and further insult her by saying if she is so desperate for that money she can get it from her and that she is an embarrassment for the company and that the company will fire her from her job. I will be filing a legal case against them for the harassment that they did which I cannot mention right now. It's the worse customer service and they are the worse people to deal with.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I'm 32, and 2 yrs ago I almost went for Botox injections around my eyes. I chickened out and went to the nearest Macy's and bought a line of Estee Lauder skin care products instead. I won't use any other face wash besides the Perfectly Clean foam cleanser. You only need a little bit. The container lasts me almost a year at a time ($30). I also use the Re-Nutriv Intensive age renewal eye cream. Wonderful products and the fine lines around my eyes are gone. I only use a tiny in the morning and at night. A little goes along way. I have very very sensitive skin. I used to use Philosophy products and have switched over after redness and irritation from their products. I have so many compliments on my skin because of the Estee Lauder products. The eye cream is a little pricey but lasts a long time. Can't be cheap with skin care products. You get what you pay for!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup - I recently purchased this product and it did anything but stay in place. I ruined a brand new Calvin Klein suit that I had purchased for my best friends funeral. Needless to say it was a VERY bad day all around. So buyer beware!!! The product is good if you are concerned with how it feels on your face but as for your clothing...No. This product will ruin it because it will get on your clothing and you will not get it out of your whites.

Estee Lauder Company Information