1.75/5

156 Estee Lauder Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2014

Just wondering what happens when a customer wanting to purchase only 2 items at Lauder which totals almost R1000 Rand is told she will have to purchase 3 to qualify for her free gift. I can remember being told many years ago when working at a cosmetic counter to use my discretion rather than lose a sale, seems to me Lauder products are no longer available to the ordinary person. I do realize that they are wanting to sell their facial creams but a friend of mine wanted only a foundation and a Toner, so who in today's climate can actually buy something they really not need. Instead Lauder should send out pamphlets asking people to spend an X amount to actually qualify for any free gifts available. Sadly that is now another sale has been lost.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2014

I love the blockbuster holiday package. The pleasures fragrances. The foundation is amazing. At 29 I started my skin rejuvenation with what I have already had in the free gifts I get. Already working even though I forget to put it on after a couple days! Estee invented the free gift that you now see from other cosmetics... I never pay annual for cosmetics much more than drugstore prices when I get the blockbuster package every year and the spring bags and the free gift with purchase. I'm only paying extra for the missing items in the blockbuster items such as foundations or a better shade of lipstick for me, or perfume. Why buy Maybelline when you can be an Estee girl?

Original review: June 26, 2014

I have been an Estee Lauder customer for many, many years. I am sixty-two years old & wear the Re-Nutriv make-up. This morning, I accidentally dropped the jar on the bathroom tile floor. Luckily the jar did not shatter, but the make-up contents splattered on my ivory bathmat, shower mat, my white shirt, my black jeans, & my black fabric slides. Immediately after cleaning up, I sprayed a stain removal products on everything. While my jeans were washing, I proceeded to try to eliminate the stain in my shoes but no luck. Before drying my jeans, I examined them and make-up still there.

Washed the bath mats & white shirt. Make-up still in. I would encourage consumers to try another product & have Estee Lauder remove this product from their line.

Original review: June 20, 2014

I have been a regular client of your products a lot years, but at this moment I'm very disappointed. Few days ago, I went to Croydon to buy some cosmetics. I always use the same make up foundation but this time I was looking for something more warm, because of my holidays. There is 3 stores in Croydon. In Debenhams, one lady told me cannot give me advice because lady from Estee Lauder is on holidays. So I went to Boots, but lady there run out of some testers so she couldn't help me until "MAYBE" Saturday. She was very nice and she send me to House of Fraser. Lady was there on the break. I was waiting for her 20 min, with hope I will get my advice. Very rude lady came, and just ignored me - no apology, nothing! She made me felt so uncomfortable so I left without my product... Her customer service is very bad. If this is typical of your usual standards of service, I Prefer to change my cosmetics.

Original review: June 4, 2013

I tried it yesterday, and I have had the worst reaction possible. My eyes became red, red, swollen, and by this morning, one of my eyes shut completely with mucus all over. Both eyes are very swollen. What ingredient does it have? Where can I complain? This is very serious.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2013

2 weeks ago, I bought a bottle of Estee Lauder perfume coming home from a holiday. I went to use it and the pump spray does not work. This was a lot of money to spend to not be able to use.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2013

I've purchased Beautiful perfume and received gift package with lipsticks since the 1990s. At 2 different times, I found the quality of lipsticks lacking! Lipstick "Papaya" #357 was a very soft mush! Lipstick "Cinnamon Stick All day" was hard, very dry and difficult to apply. I returned both to Macy's dept. store. I was told it was old and these items have a shelf life! I have also bought Revlon and kept it for a year if not more. This did not happen with Revlon and, of course, it is much cheaper. They, the girls at Macy's Estee Lauder cosmetic counter on Jan. 7, 2013, would not accept my dissatisfaction. Just my tough luck, that was their attitude. Your product has been a great disappointment to me and I asked to speak to a manager with little satisfaction. They suggested I email customer service. So, here I am!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2012

I went to Estee Lauder at Macy's today so I could return their double wear foundation and a couple of other things. The saleswoman was so rude to me. I couldn't even believe it. The double wear made me break out like no other and that is why I wanted to return the items. I brought the gifts that they gave me for purchasing the items with me and she asked if I had the gifts. I don't mind giving them their gifts back. I just didn't know that they were allowed to do that? She was just so rude and mean. Her demeanor was just so ugly. I love some of their skin products and I used to like shopping there but I don't think I will ever go there again. They should at least be cordial with you. I haven't called and made a complaint yet, but I am going to today and we will see what happens. I just don't want this person to be able to get away with treating people like garbage on a regular basis. It isn't good for business and you should give people the respect they deserve.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2012

I am an entertainment consultant. In 1973, I was working with manager Dee Anthony and his artist Humble Pie for a television appearance. As Dee and I were standing off camera, I happened to mention that his cologne really smelled great and what was he wearing. At that, Dee reached into his shoulder bag (in the 1970s, shoulder bags were hip) and came up with a large bottle of Aramis and gave it to me. From that point on, I have always worn Aramis, as much for the fragrance, as a tribute to Dee Anthony who was one of the giants in the entertainment industry, and more importantly, a great friend.

When I met my wife, I was on the road and when I left for a tour, I gave her a Kleenex sprayed with my Aramis on it. We have been married this year 33 years (married on 05-19-79) and she still has that Kleenex, and though faint, the Aramis is still there.

Through the years, I have purchased many Aramis products, especially around Christmas, Fathers Day and any other special event day when there are gifts associated - I still love the umbrella. These include soap, after shave, splash, shave cream, etc. and until now, I have never had a problem with it being a lasting fragrance. More importantly with Aramis and my body chemistry, I never had a complaint about it being too heavy. In fact, I have had people asking me what I was wearing many times in check out lines.

All this said, I have a bottle of Aramis Natural Spray that does not live up to the traits of my past Aramis. I purchased it at Rite Aid in Denton, Maryland last week and I believe this is either a bootleg or so old it has lost all traits of Aramis. I would like the opportunity to send this back to your company to find out what is going on with this bottle. I am going to go to Macy's to purchase another bottle this week. However, this bottle does not represent your product properly and I, as a 40-year consumer, would like to know why.

Original review: July 18, 2012

I saw an ad yesterday depicting Estee Lauder's support of breast cancer. How hypocritical and awful can you be? Your products cause breast cancer! I bought your products for years. No more. A lot of your products contain Parabens. You ought to be ashamed. That is all.

Original review: June 16, 2012

I've seen similar complaints on this site but I want to add one more. The foundation, DayWear, ruined my clothes. I found Estee Lauder because of a friend's suggestion. I have very sensitive skin and everything I've ever tried made my skin break out. Estee Lauder is the only that I've found where none of the products make my skin break out. In fact, the Idealist Pore Reducer even gets rid of them! However, the foundation gets on my clothes and doesn't wash out. My suggestion for the company, make a makeup remover for clothes. It is a natural move to this product - especially since they make one for your face.

Like others, I have tried a lot of commercial products and some home-made concoctions, but nothing works. I have complained already to the company. The representative told me 2 things: 1) Don't wear the makeup anywhere the clothes might touch. So I can't put the makeup on my chin? Huh? 2) That I should treat the stain as soon as it gets on my clothes. Huh? So, I'm supposed to walk out of a business meeting to clean the makeup off my collar?!

I really like Estee Lauder, and yes, I will continue to buy their products - at least until I find something better. However, I can't buy a whole new wardrobe because the makeup is staining my clothes.

Original review: April 25, 2012

Wow, you are all pathetic people. I'm a faithful fan of Estee Lauder and most of your ridiculous and absurd complaints (by the way, you all have too much time on your hands) is due to your inability to understand how to properly use the products. Anyway, I absolutely love, love, love their Double Wear Light make-up. I use it after putting on my Idealist Illuminator and my Daywear or Time Zone. I am also a big fan of their BB Creme and their Re-Nutriv Comforting Creme. Awesome stuff!

Original review: April 10, 2012

I bought a large bottle of Pleasures Perfume at Macy's in Oak Brook, IL and the bottle is sticking to my dresser and is leaving marks that are not coming off with polish. Either the bottle is seeping slightly off the label or the bottom isn't on right. I tried cleaning it with soap and hot water and I put it back on my dresser and it stuck again. So now, I have to keep it on a coaster.

Original review: April 10, 2012

I complained two times about their staff and my concern for a foundation. I really like their product and have been using for many years now. I always encourage my friends and family to use their product as it’s a great one. My skin has improved a lot when I started using their product. However, I regret to say they don't value their old customers. I'm surprised no one from Estee Lauder responded to my complaint. I just got an email saying you received my complaint and nothing else has been done yet. I have a newborn baby. It's not easy for me to go to shops all the time.

Original review: April 3, 2012

It’s really disappointing that they didn’t reply to my concern about their new foundation, due to their staff attitude in John Lewis Stratford. I was advised the wrong color. Even of her odd attitude, I went in the next day to buy it. She gave me 3wn1 in the new foundation. I tried it at home again and I found it was too light for me. My skin was grey.

I went in again and told her about it. She was unhappy about it and wouldn’t accept to give me a refund because I already opened it. I asked for a floor manager. She said the floor manager is off today. She made me felt so uncomfortable. I have a newborn baby and it’s hard for me to go out all the time as I’m my own. I don’t wish to go to this counter anymore. When I went to Boots store for help, they said they can’t do anything because I bought it in John Lewis. I’m sorry to say their staff has very bad customer service.

Original review: March 26, 2012

I'm a regular customer of Estee Lauder. I love all your products but I was very disappointed with your staff attitude in John Lewis Westfield Stratford.I have been using the Nutritious foundation number 4 as it has been discontinued. I went to John Lewis to try the new foundation Invisible. First, I was told I can't get a sample. Then she tried it on my skin in a very unfriendly way, I started to feel uncomfortable. She asked in a rude way whether I wanted to buy it or not before even trying it on me. As I have a very sensitive skin, I did not want to buy it straight away. She was not friendly at all and I still haven't found the right foundation as I'm so used to Estee Lauder Nutritious foundation. And I'm a new mum so it's really hard for me to go around stores to try. I bought the Doublewear foundation but it was too rich for my skin. I'm thinking of switching to another brand where I will be treated fairly and get good advice on foundation. But I would love to stay with you.

Original review: March 26, 2012

I have worn Estee Lauder Intuition since the day it was launched. I love it! Everywhere I go people ask, "What are you wearing? It smells wonderful." My husband wears the men's Intuition and has for years. The last two bottles I purchased did not smell quite right. I took it back and exchanged it. They were both weird. We looked at many batch codes and the only one that smelled right was batch code AB9. I have searched high and low. Please help me find my tried and true Intuition I fell in love with. The girls at the counters I visited said they don't sell much Intuition. Gee, I wonder why.

Original review: March 11, 2012

I love your Pure Color Shimmering Sands Illuminating Powder Gelée. However, I cannot open it easily without breaking my nails or jamming my finger into the powder! I now leave the compact open so as not to deal with the frustration. Unfortunately there are two disadvantages to this-- first it is difficult to travel with and second, I wonder if this facilitates drying out. I returned to the store of my purchase and two salespeople had the same problem, including trying a new compact and checking the tester! My question to you is, would you consider a different case that opens easily like your plastic eye shadow case, which I love?

Original review: March 4, 2012

On Sunday, the 19th of February, I bought foundation for my daughter at the Woodlands branch of Estee Lauder. I walked around Edgars whilst she went to the counter to be assisted in choosing the appropriate color foundation. I was shocked when I approached the counter and observed how rude the consultant was with my daughter. As I kept my distance, I saw how the consultant was very impatient in answering her queries about which product was most suitable for her. She didn't apply the tester properly and was obviously not interested in assisting my daughter.

Later that week, my daughter phoned me and told me that we have to get her new foundation asap, because the Estee Lauder foundation was too light a color, was flaky and gave her a skin irritation. When I wanted to return the foundation, I was not allowed because I misplaced the slip. After spending R385 on the Estee Lauder foundation, I had to go to Clinique (having lost all confidence in Estee Lauder) and purchase another expensive bottle of foundation, which at least is a good quality product.

I am severely disappointed in Estee Lauder and will not be using their products again, which is sad because I have been using it for a very long time and also been recommending people to use it. Now when anyone asks me about Estee, I will discourage them to use your service or product. It is a shame that you treat youngsters with such disrespect, as you steer away your future customers.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2012

I was absolutely blown away by the fantastic and certainly unexpected customer service if received at the M.A.C. counter in Edgars Pavilion. I went in there once before and was totally ignored and really didn’t bother going back until today.

I have scars on my face as a result of laser burns (IPL). I am really self conscious about this as I have always had beautiful, flawless skin on my face. I am attending a gala dinner this weekend and have been frantically looking for products to cover these unsightly marks. I have been from store to store and from makeup house to make up house with absolutely no success. My last resort was the M.A.C store at Edgars Pavilion. To my utter shock, I received the best service ever. This was certainly unexpected as my last experience was a disaster and I vowed that I will never return - but desperation forced me to.

The consultant, a young energetic lady, asked if I needed help. I explained what my problem was and that I needed to cover up the scars and still look natural. She listened attentively without interrupting me and then did an analysis of my skin. She excused herself for 2 minutes and returned with a few products. She explained what each product was and what effect they will have in relation to the coverage that I so desperately seek. She then proceeded to apply to half of my face and explained the process as she went along. She also said that I can ask as many questions as she worked. When she was done, I was amazed at the results and that I finally got what I asked for. Needless to say, I was over the moon with delight and felt a huge sense of relief.

I was a bit puzzled as to why she only did half of my face and I asked the reason. Her reply was that I am going to do the other half of my face while she supervised me - I was terrified! She coached me as I proceeded and guess what, I actually did it! She then said that I did a brilliant job. The reason she did that is because it’s senseless me buying all the products if I don’t know how to apply them correctly for the desired result. I was in awe as I thought. This young lady didn't just focus on pushing a sale, and she genuinely cared about me - the customer. I would really like to express my heartfelt gratitude to Judelle for all she has done for me besides providing the best customer service ever. The proactive young lady has helped restore my confidence and my self esteem and this will certainly have a major impact in improving my quality of life. She is also a great brand ambassador for your brand as I will certainly be a customer for life. This should be an example to your other staff. Many thanks Judelle for going the extra mile.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2011

I am having allergic reaction to Idealist even skin tone and time zone and Advanced night repair which was recommended by the sales rep at Macy's. I am breaking out with raised pimples on my face on one side. I can't return it to Macy's because I don't have the boxes with the bar code but I used my Macy's card. What can I do? It was not cheap. It is my first time buying such expensive product. This break out started about three weeks into using this product. I don't want my personal info posted. I would like to get a refund. I have to go to a dermatologist. I never had pimples on my face until now. I am 66 years old.

Original review: June 24, 2011

I have a bottle of Estee Lauder Pleasures early last year. After using it 3 times, it fell from my dresser table (3 feet from the ground) and could not be used. A few months later, I went out and bought a 100ml Pleasures by Estee Lauder. After a few uses (3 or 4), it fell from the dresser and again can't be used. I seriously believe there's a defect in the bottle's cheap quality nozzle used. As a result, I am set back a few hundred dollars for this. How can a renowned brand such as Estee Lauder produce such cheap material nozzles and packaging? I seek compensation or replacement bottles as this is clearly a bad product!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2010

Reaction to the eye cream caused my eyes to burn everyday, swollen and little bumps on lid. Also, it caused my eye to twitch constantly. The face cream made my skin break out and uneven skin tone. I had used these products for years. From the beginning I was okay, then the problems started with eyes and face. I no longer use these products. It took a few months for the eyes and face to improve and repair. I will never use their products again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2010

I went in to make a purchase during Estee Lauders gift promotion and came back later to get a free makeover from their traveling Orlando, FL makeup artists.

My face, ears, neck and eyes started getting hot and burning. I was so hot and the lady doing my makeup hurried to get the products off of me. I left in a hurry to get hm and wash my face with my Dr. Wexler cleanser from the Bath and Body Store. I do not have sensitive skin and no breakouts. I was so hot, frustrated and disguste, I had to leave shopping day and return home to shower.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2010

Good morning. I am a breast cancer survivor, by the Grace of God, 10 years cancer free. I give Him all the Glory for walking in Divine health! I was very disappointed on Saturday, 2 October when I was in the Edgar's East Rand Mall Store. I asked the consultant why there is no display of Pink ribbons for the Cancer awareness month, (Which was on Friday already), and her reply was that Estee Lauder Counter has not received a delivery yet! I put down the large bottle of Beautiful original perfume and just rather walked away. It was not pleasant, as your products are the only products that I have used since you started in South Africa. I would appreciate it very much if someone would revert back to me as soon as possible. Thank you.

Original review: July 29, 2010

I purchased a "1 FL. OZ. LIQ." bottle of Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Intensive Lifting Serum a while back for the regular purchase price of $180.00. It comes in an opaque bottle with a pump dispenser. This morning I couldn't get any out by pumping and I knew it was almost empty, but as with all pump dispenser bottles I also knew there would be a bit more in the bottom of the bottle if I found a way of opening it. It wasn't easy: I used a pliers to separate the entire gold metallic section from the lower part of the bottle.

The pump came with it, revealing a minuscule inner compartment, the bottom of which was about half an inch below the top of the bottle. I knew the small compartment couldn't hold an ounce of lotion and I assumed it was connected to a lower compartment. I grabbed the top of the inner container and lifted it out of the surrounding plastic bottle. The inner container is hard white plastic with a silver metallic finish. I used a small saw to cut through it and discovered a void: the tiny upper chamber had indeed held all of the lotion that was ever in the bottle. I used a syringe to crudely measure the capacity of the chamber and found it to be about 3ml: a tenth of the advertised quantity of one ounce, or 30ml. My measurement was crude, but Estee Lauder is selling this lotion for approximately $1800 per ounce. This is a scam regarding the quantity of product in the container.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2009

I received a card in one of my fashion magazines that I subscribe to...it states simply present the card at any Estee Lauder counter for your free , delux eau-de-parfum purse spray of Estee lauder Beyond Paridise...no purchace necessary, available at all fine department stores everywhere... I have held on to this card for three years and evevry chance I get to go to the Boston Store to redeem this coupon I'm told the same thing over and over...it says offer good while supplies last...one per customer..there is no experation date on the card...since the store won't honor your coupon I thought I would ask if you would...honor this coupon I would much appreciate...In advance I would like to thank you for your services....and any help from you wjould be greatly appreciated, Candace...

Original review: July 29, 2009

I bought the 17 oz. Time Zone Cream (two of them) on June 4th, 2009. One for myself and one for my sister. I asked the sales lady if I could return it if it didn't do what it was supposed to. She said, "Well, only if you don"t use your free gift." Well, what if you purchased it when there wasn't a free gift? The gift did not include the same cream to see if it worked or not.

Original review: May 17, 2009

Ipurchased spellbound 3.4FL parfum spray. i used about 1/4 of bottle and now it will not spray any more. I hare at least 3/4ths of the bottle that is useless.

Original review: April 15, 2009

Este Lauder sold a special gift last Christmas which included a large container of eye shadows. I have used their product for 30 years and this eye shadow was really powdery and flaked all over instead of sticking to my skin. Also the blush was very dry and powdery. I compared it to others I have and it didn't seem the same. It was about a $50 product. I will use it, but it just gets all over the sink and my clothes, etc. when I use it and I just think they were slipping in an inferior product.

Estee Lauder Company Information