3.87/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Estee Lauder

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

157 Estee Lauder Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

This past summer I switched to Estée Lauder double wear stay in place foundation predominantly for photo shoots and 'staying power'. Within several days of using this product I developed what looked like acne (I'm 52 years old). I started using acne treating facial hygiene products to help this skin condition, thinking that I wasn't cleaning my skin thoroughly. I continued using the foundation and became meticulous with my facial cleaning regime. My skin only got worse and then severely damaged. The bumps became open, deep wounds. Thinking I had contaminated the product I had initially purchased, I bought a new one. My face only continued to get worse and extremely painful. I had not considered that there might be something wrong with the foundation.

I sought help from several dermatologist and other physicians who could find no reason why my skin was in such a severe state. I had completed several rounds of antibiotic therapies as well as oral and topical steroids. Months later and having replaced the foundation at least twice, I ended up having to seek care at a wound clinic due to the severity of this skin condition on my face and the failure of the wounds to heal at ALL. I was instructed to STOP using Estée Lauder foundation as well as throw out what I had left even though it was a brand new bottle (again) and I had not put my fingers in the bottle or around the opening. I accidentally dropped the uncapped bottle in an empty sink and was shocked at what I'd found - it looked like insects or larvae if some sort - the exact SAME things I had noticed in the sink while and after I washed my face for months.

I immediately pulled the 2 BRAND NEW sample bottles I had gotten to try a lighter shade and dumped them into the sink separately. I was shocked to see the exact same 'things' in BOTH sample bottles!!! After numerous months of facial wounds that would NOT heal despite medical intervention and the purchases of new bottles of double wear, I realized there is something very weird and WRONG with their product! They all had foreign pieces of something that looks eerily like insect larvae! I don't know where they bottle their stuff but I'm alarmed at my findings as are my doctors. I am now looking at having to have reconstructive surgery on the areas of my face that were affected!

They FINALLY healed when I switched to another foundation from different manufacturer/company and had to see numerous docs and eventually a wound clinic. I've read that many have had similar issues with Estée Lauder facial creams, cleansers and makeup! Something is NOT right with Estée Lauder. It's either their facial products in general or how and or where they are packaged/bottled! I hope my pics post because people need to see this! We shall see if the company bothers to respond to this post!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I recently purchased Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and after about 3/4 days of use my skin started to burn and itch terribly. Both eyes swell up and are red and itchy, my ears are burning and itchy and I have a rash all over my neck. It has been like this for over a week now and continuing to get worse. Today my doctor prescribed me steroids so hopefully this will help. I'm disgusted that such an expensive cream that can ruin your face like this is allowed on the market without a single warning.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

After trying to purchase 7 time some products online, all my attempts are all for nothing. The orders goes canceled after few min of placing it. I contacted them through phone, online chat, email. They tried to resolve it to see if it is a credit card matter but after 1 day they send me another email with a phone number to call them again... for help assisting. I'm very disappointed, I do really love their products but after 7 attempts I give up.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased a lipstick from Estee Lauder (Insolent Plum). I had it for a few months before I started using it. It broke at the base which made it impossible to use. So I ordered a new one. Well I have only used the new one several times and the last time I went to use it, I discovered that it too had broken at the base. I have used many different companies' lipsticks and never had this happen before. I am upset at this because the prices is very expensive compared to other companies. I would not recommend this product.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am a returning customer of esteelauder.com, and all my info are inside the Estee Lauder website. I purchased two orders from them, and I didn't touch a thing after that. I am pretty damn sure I am the only one who has access to my account. The next day I received a email, saying they have cancelled my orders UNDER MY REQUEST. When I asked the customer service, they said sorry but there's nothing they can do as the things are already sold out. Following are their words:

"Per your request, we have cancelled esteelauder.com order #**. The following item(s) has been cancelled and will not be shipped." I'M NOT A SENSITIVE PERSON, BUT IS THAT TOO MUCH FOR A BIG COMPANY? Even if you say the bag is out of stock I won't say a thing. Could you just simply find someone who speaks human language? You insist it's my fault and that's really disgust me. Go away!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I am furious! I bought one of the Estee Lauder daywear and it irritated my skin. I went to my doctor and he told me I now have dermatitis caused by this product. It has been a week and half now, and eyes are still swollen and my skin still burns.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I recently went to purchase Day Wear foundation only to find that it has increased in price to $42 for one bottle. I love the product but I will be choosing another brand because it just simply isn't worth the cost anymore.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I just tried the moisturizer as a freebie and have to say I’m in absolute agony now. My neck has come up in red blotches everywhere and it’s itching like hell and burning hot. I am very tempted to take the product back to my local store but as it was a freebie, I wouldn’t expect a refund! I just think that their sales representative should know the effect that some of their products are having on the customers. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I purchased both Double wear and Day Wear Moisturizer together. Using this for the first time, I applied generously the Moisturizer first and then the Double Wear Foundation. The Moisturizer burned but I thought this was a normal since many lipsticks burn when put on. After all this was an expensive brand and I had used some of Estee products for years. The burn did not stop there for the next day I had a horrible red rash all over my face and still have it even though I have been to the Dr. and had steroid shot and medications. I am taking it up at present with Estee but I do not have hopes of solving my problem. If they can take back the rash instead of the product I would have been more inclined to believe they are a honest and generous firm. What is so bad for Estee is I am extremely active and have many friends who will ask about the rash and of course I will have to tell them.

Original review: May 26, 2017

ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR - I used it around my eye area only and my eyes burnt. Turned red with pain and endless tears. This product ruined my eyes. Be careful please. My teenage daughter tried it and she woke up the next day with swollen red, burned skin all around her face!!! Tried their expensive lipstick, not lasting even for 15 minutes. Very rude customer service!!!

Estee Lauder Company Information