2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

4.0/5 (210 ratings)

About Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I had the worst experience using this product. After only 2 applications I had a severe reaction that actually left the skin around my eyes burned. I have been in pain for 4 days. I went to the doctor and was prescribed steroids to help recover. I have had to miss work and am now dealing with the side effects of the steroids including nausea and dizziness, extreme thirst, and acne. My eyes look horrible. I am terrified my skin will not be the same. Buy this at your own risk!! I found others online with the same reaction I had. I only chose the 1 star because you have to. This is definitely a review with the goal of warning you to NOT use this.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I purchase my Estee Lauder online directly from Estee Lauder's website. They have various levels of rewards and I have achieved the highest level and that is supposed to allow me to get a free gift. A couple of weeks ago I placed an order and they shorted me the free gift. I contacted a representative and she said she would ship the free gift... Did not happen. I went back to the site to order my eye cream and the site says I need to buy a product again to get the free gift.. NOT falling for that again.. Beware of this scam..

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I have an itchy red rash that comes and goes since using his product, and horrendous acne all over that I haven't had since I was 15 or so. I am in my 50's. This happens every single time I use the double wear foundation (itchy, little red bumps & acne everywhere) so I know that this is the culprit. As well, I've developed a horrible case of rosacea that still hasn't gone away 2 weeks later when have never had this issue in the past. STOP putting the awful chemicals please as It is the most beautiful foundation in long wearing that I have used for. What's the point if I can't get through an hour of wear time without having these issues..?

I won't use again until the ** (incorrect spelling possibly), & the other PPG stuff that EWG says is a problem, is removed. The woman that helped me at the Estee Lauder counter was extremely off putting by her behavior and even glanced in my bags thinking that I had possibly stolen something. ** lady (in the event her manager wants to pinpoint whom she is). This happened at the Monroe, NC Belk in the mall. Won't visit again!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I bought Estée Lauder eye cream and eye makeup. First my skin got dry around my eyes then it started to swollen and got ready. Still suffering from it. Spend hundreds of dollars in the ER and skin specialist. Somebody needs to stop them!!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I have been an Estee Lauder customer for more than 20 years. Recently, I have had multiple experiences were they don't send the free products they've offered. They advertise products to choose from for your promotion that turn out not to be available when you select them. They offer a gift "worth more than $150" and then send you a pathetic little sample and tell you they accidentally sent you the "wrong" promotion but are now out of the "right" promotion, etc. The first few times this happened, I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. I spent hours on their live chat feature, but even that was a bust. For example, they offered me 30% off on a purchase, so I ordered A LOT of product. They didn't send the promotional gifts.

LiveChat gave no satisfaction, so I called and was promised an additional 10% off that never materialized. Finally sent a note saying I wasn't going to order any more. Got an offer for a gift--declined it because it was clear they hadn't even read my complaint, which wasn't about a one-off but rather was about pattern and practice. This happened to me easily five or six times, so it's more than just an occasional bad experience--it's a pattern and a business practice.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Estée Lauder to me represents old-time quality that has stayed true to its product and the customer. The quality of all their make up is superior in long-lasting stay, anti allergic, color choices, skin compatibility, goes in smoothly and rich. I enjoy browsing the Estée Lauder counter to see new products. I still use their perfume and I get so many compliments when I wear it out. My mother used Estée Lauder and now I do, too. Like a family tradition! Let’s talk about their lipstick. So many colors that match your skin shade and your fancy! Of all the brands in makeup, I’d go to Estée Lauder first.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I bought the Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream and the Double Wear Makeup, Night Repair Serum, Cleanser, Activating Lotion and Pomegranate Face Cream. I start using them simultaneously. At first I feel my skin around the eyes tight and I think it’s the cream must be working. When I take my makeup off or gently rub my eyelids, I feel a burning sensation but I think it should be just skin tenderness.

After a month or so I start getting dry patches in the eyelids which within a week turn to horrible eczema and swollen eyelids that itch and burn like hell. I went to the doctor who indicated I suspended the products immediately as one or more of the products were damaging my skin. Me, being skeptical, as I thought this brand being so expensive and “high end” would not have products that have those effects, research more about it and find so many other women have had the exact same problem with this eye cream and/or makeup, which are the only two products that I use on the eyelids.

I am EXTREMELY frustrated and irritated as instead of improving my skin and making it more beautiful, youthful and radiant it has damaged my skin so badly that I’m having to go to work with no makeup, swollen and damaged eyelids and withstand the horrible pain and itching for days. I have no idea how long it will take for my skin to recover.

Not to mention that I have just spent 1,000 dollars buying the whole product line (cleanser, lotion, serum, day cream, night cream, eye repair, makeup and more) and now I have to throw away and replace at least two products worth almost $300 dollars. I have tried contacting the brand and raising the issue and have had no response whatsoever which is not what is expected of such a big company that values its products at such a high cost.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I've used their moisturizers for several years. Very satisfied and love their Christmas sets. Great brand for those with dry skin. This brand also has some great dark circle products and lip glosses. I also love their colored eyeliner pencils.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I use Estee Lauder advanced CP+R cream daily and I am so sad that I am about to run out. It is the best day/night cream I've used and the only complaint that I have is the price (although I know it's worth it).

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

They keep removing items that have been very good and were sellers and leaving us with other or new items and they are not the same. Not sure of why they do this, but when you have a product that is good and selling such as their non-oily face cream/translucent powder which they no longer make it's a shame. I do not purchase from them any longer due to items that I really loved and no longer make.

Estee Lauder Company Information