3.87/5

156 Estee Lauder Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I buy the set for moisturizer, eye cream... I was using this product for the first time. Just right after I start using this product I had rash and my eyelids began to swell. I did not know what I should do and I also saw a lot of review that people were having the same issue, how come this expensive and big product causes such damage and ruin people's skin. Am really mad and angry and I really need help.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I used this product (Advanced night repair eye) one time, it has burned the skin around my eyes so bad I had large puss pockets about an inch below the eyes. The pain was so bad I ended up in the emergency room. It has been almost 2 weeks and I still have very red bruised dry swollen skin about an 1-1/2 around both eyes. I will be making several more doctor's visits to get this cleared up. Very painful. I have photos of my eyes.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I'm having the same reaction of others with the painful redness, itchy cracked wounds. It's horrible especially when you have to go to work looking the way I do. It didn't do anything but damage to me. Thinking I can get younger looking eyes it made it worse.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have been using Estee Lauder skin care products for over 4 months now. I started with the Advanced Night Repair. Along with my order I received several samples of wrinkle reducing products and moisturizers. I have been extremely pleased with the results of all the products received. My order was timely, the gifts are of an abundance of goodies and well worth the price! The lines around my eyes have diminished, my skin is more radiant, and I was asked today what kind of foundation I wore because my skin looked great! I do not wear a foundation!

I am 53 years old and I recommend Estee Lauder for any and all skin care. I have read some of the reviews where folks have had bad skin reactions. This can happen with any product. I cannot use Avon or Mary Kay and few other products, so don't let that discourage you from trying it. You can get samples at the store and try a spot test. If you know you have sensitive skin, then you know how to look for products that won't irritate you.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Was about to turn 32 when I thought I should buy myself a good eye cream, went to Estée Lauder since my mom uses their older eye cream. So the sales lady recommended the newer eye cream because it has this new technology formula. So I tried it on and every time I did I got a tingling sensation under my eye and thought okay it's working. After putting it on every night for about a week I got a horrible reaction to it. The bottom of my eyes were itchy, swollen, dry. I couldn’t believe it... had to go to urgent care and paid $125 for them to give me ** pills and **. Has this happened to anyone else???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: July 5, 2018

HELP!!! I used Estee Lauder's Lucidity in Outdoor Beige since it was launched. Why did Estee Lauder discontinue this foundation product? Their Double Wear isn't the same and I don't like it. I also tried their Perfectionist and it is even worse (for me). I am so angry about the discontinuance that I refuse to use Estee Lauder now. I hope many others are doing the same.

After Lucidity was no longer available in the stores that carry Estee Lauder, I ordered it from eBay, Amazon, any place I could find it. Now even those sites no longer have Lucidity or if they do they only have one and the color choice isn't Outdoor Beige. I have seen prices of well over $100 just for one bottle of the foundation. Is there a chance Estee Lauder will bring Lucidity back? Don't they know that many users want and need it? If sales of this product were down it was only because Double Wear was so much advertised and many buyers didn't know about the Lucidity product.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I made an order with Estee Lauder nearly 2 weeks ago but the item was never delivered. On contacting them via email it took them 3 days to reply just to tell me to check with neighbours. Called them 4 days ago and all I keep hearing is they are looking into Royal Mail with this and it's still ongoing. Being a brand this large you would expect better customer service. If it wasn't for the 20 percent discount offer I got from them I would never have ordered it from them. I should have just paid full price and got it from a store.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Estee Lauder online order and shipping method is terrible. It took 7 days for an order to be delivered. Their online information says 3 to 5 business days but I'm still waiting for my order to arrive.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I love all the products of Estee Lauder, and especially the cosmetics. I am fascinated by the shadows, the lipsticks, the powder, the ingredients are of high quality, a lot of colors and textures. I have 5 years of using them and I recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

This past summer I switched to Estée Lauder double wear stay in place foundation predominantly for photo shoots and 'staying power'. Within several days of using this product I developed what looked like acne (I'm 52 years old). I started using acne treating facial hygiene products to help this skin condition, thinking that I wasn't cleaning my skin thoroughly. I continued using the foundation and became meticulous with my facial cleaning regime. My skin only got worse and then severely damaged. The bumps became open, deep wounds. Thinking I had contaminated the product I had initially purchased, I bought a new one. My face only continued to get worse and extremely painful. I had not considered that there might be something wrong with the foundation.

I sought help from several dermatologist and other physicians who could find no reason why my skin was in such a severe state. I had completed several rounds of antibiotic therapies as well as oral and topical steroids. Months later and having replaced the foundation at least twice, I ended up having to seek care at a wound clinic due to the severity of this skin condition on my face and the failure of the wounds to heal at ALL. I was instructed to STOP using Estée Lauder foundation as well as throw out what I had left even though it was a brand new bottle (again) and I had not put my fingers in the bottle or around the opening. I accidentally dropped the uncapped bottle in an empty sink and was shocked at what I'd found - it looked like insects or larvae if some sort - the exact SAME things I had noticed in the sink while and after I washed my face for months.

I immediately pulled the 2 BRAND NEW sample bottles I had gotten to try a lighter shade and dumped them into the sink separately. I was shocked to see the exact same 'things' in BOTH sample bottles!!! After numerous months of facial wounds that would NOT heal despite medical intervention and the purchases of new bottles of double wear, I realized there is something very weird and WRONG with their product! They all had foreign pieces of something that looks eerily like insect larvae! I don't know where they bottle their stuff but I'm alarmed at my findings as are my doctors. I am now looking at having to have reconstructive surgery on the areas of my face that were affected!

They FINALLY healed when I switched to another foundation from different manufacturer/company and had to see numerous docs and eventually a wound clinic. I've read that many have had similar issues with Estée Lauder facial creams, cleansers and makeup! Something is NOT right with Estée Lauder. It's either their facial products in general or how and or where they are packaged/bottled! I hope my pics post because people need to see this! We shall see if the company bothers to respond to this post!

Estee Lauder Company Information