2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Estee Lauder Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I have an itchy red rash that comes and goes since using his product, and horrendous acne all over that I haven't had since I was 15 or so. I am in my 50's. This happens every single time I use the double wear foundation (itchy, little red bumps & acne everywhere) so I know that this is the culprit. As well, I've developed a horrible case of rosacea that still hasn't gone away 2 weeks later when have never had this issue in the past. STOP putting the awful chemicals please as It is the most beautiful foundation in long wearing that I have used for. What's the point if I can't get through an hour of wear time without having these issues..?

I won't use again until the ** (incorrect spelling possibly), & the other PPG stuff that EWG says is a problem, is removed. The woman that helped me at the Estee Lauder counter was extremely off putting by her behavior and even glanced in my bags thinking that I had possibly stolen something. ** lady (in the event her manager wants to pinpoint whom she is). This happened at the Monroe, NC Belk in the mall. Won't visit again!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I bought Estée Lauder eye cream and eye makeup. First my skin got dry around my eyes then it started to swollen and got ready. Still suffering from it. Spend hundreds of dollars in the ER and skin specialist. Somebody needs to stop them!!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I have been an Estee Lauder customer for more than 20 years. Recently, I have had multiple experiences were they don't send the free products they've offered. They advertise products to choose from for your promotion that turn out not to be available when you select them. They offer a gift "worth more than $150" and then send you a pathetic little sample and tell you they accidentally sent you the "wrong" promotion but are now out of the "right" promotion, etc. The first few times this happened, I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. I spent hours on their live chat feature, but even that was a bust. For example, they offered me 30% off on a purchase, so I ordered A LOT of product. They didn't send the promotional gifts.

LiveChat gave no satisfaction, so I called and was promised an additional 10% off that never materialized. Finally sent a note saying I wasn't going to order any more. Got an offer for a gift--declined it because it was clear they hadn't even read my complaint, which wasn't about a one-off but rather was about pattern and practice. This happened to me easily five or six times, so it's more than just an occasional bad experience--it's a pattern and a business practice.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I bought the Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream and the Double Wear Makeup, Night Repair Serum, Cleanser, Activating Lotion and Pomegranate Face Cream. I start using them simultaneously. At first I feel my skin around the eyes tight and I think it’s the cream must be working. When I take my makeup off or gently rub my eyelids, I feel a burning sensation but I think it should be just skin tenderness.

After a month or so I start getting dry patches in the eyelids which within a week turn to horrible eczema and swollen eyelids that itch and burn like hell. I went to the doctor who indicated I suspended the products immediately as one or more of the products were damaging my skin. Me, being skeptical, as I thought this brand being so expensive and “high end” would not have products that have those effects, research more about it and find so many other women have had the exact same problem with this eye cream and/or makeup, which are the only two products that I use on the eyelids.

I am EXTREMELY frustrated and irritated as instead of improving my skin and making it more beautiful, youthful and radiant it has damaged my skin so badly that I’m having to go to work with no makeup, swollen and damaged eyelids and withstand the horrible pain and itching for days. I have no idea how long it will take for my skin to recover.

Not to mention that I have just spent 1,000 dollars buying the whole product line (cleanser, lotion, serum, day cream, night cream, eye repair, makeup and more) and now I have to throw away and replace at least two products worth almost $300 dollars. I have tried contacting the brand and raising the issue and have had no response whatsoever which is not what is expected of such a big company that values its products at such a high cost.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I've used their moisturizers for several years. Very satisfied and love their Christmas sets. Great brand for those with dry skin. This brand also has some great dark circle products and lip glosses. I also love their colored eyeliner pencils.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I use Estee Lauder advanced CP+R cream daily and I am so sad that I am about to run out. It is the best day/night cream I've used and the only complaint that I have is the price (although I know it's worth it).

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I have been using Estee Lauder DayWear for many years (at least 15). I am assuming the formula must have changed because, after I replaced my supply recently, I have been suffering what appears to be an allergic reaction. I have red puffy swollen skin around my eyes, with cracks and peeling skin. I switched to a Burt's Bees moisturizer, and the problem has gone away. I don't like that product as much, but will obviously not be able to continue using DayWear when it causes me an allergic reaction. I am disappointed that Estee Lauder would choose to add an allergen to its product.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I've always loved the Estee Lauder line of cosmetics and fragrances. And as an added bonus, many times wonderful samples are offered with purchase thus allowing me to sample other items I wonder about... Love the mascara, foundations and eye shadows, in addition to the wonderful scents in the line...

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Great company. They take care of their customers by allowing samples expanding shade range, creating all-inclusive makeup for masses, and other than their eye shadows, the skincare has multiple varieties to find and treat your specific skin conditions, makeup quality is phenomenal.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I loved Estee Lauder. They were the first brand I could wear that did not cause break-outs, went on and stayed on, and was just perfect in customer service, quality, etc. However, they have changed the formulas of the three products that I used and added SPF to everything (as has every other brand). I am allergic to the SPF stuff, and whatever they have done to the formulas have also caused massive break-outs and swelling. I can no longer use them. I am so disappointed that they changed their formulas from good, non-allergenic, to highly allergenic. I tried some of their other products, supposedly non-allergenic, and had the same response. I am having to look for another brand of makeup and this is very difficult.

Estee Lauder Company Information