1.76/5

155 Estee Lauder Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 2, 2019

I just put on the Estee instant resurfacing peel and there was a slight burning sensation but the burning went away about 60 seconds later and so far so good. I will reach back out in a few days so I can give my honest opinion.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have been using Estee Lauder skin care products for over 4 months now. I started with the Advanced Night Repair. Along with my order I received several samples of wrinkle reducing products and moisturizers. I have been extremely pleased with the results of all the products received. My order was timely, the gifts are of an abundance of goodies and well worth the price! The lines around my eyes have diminished, my skin is more radiant, and I was asked today what kind of foundation I wore because my skin looked great! I do not wear a foundation!

I am 53 years old and I recommend Estee Lauder for any and all skin care. I have read some of the reviews where folks have had bad skin reactions. This can happen with any product. I cannot use Avon or Mary Kay and few other products, so don't let that discourage you from trying it. You can get samples at the store and try a spot test. If you know you have sensitive skin, then you know how to look for products that won't irritate you.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2018

HELP!!! I used Estee Lauder's Lucidity in Outdoor Beige since it was launched. Why did Estee Lauder discontinue this foundation product? Their Double Wear isn't the same and I don't like it. I also tried their Perfectionist and it is even worse (for me). I am so angry about the discontinuance that I refuse to use Estee Lauder now. I hope many others are doing the same.

After Lucidity was no longer available in the stores that carry Estee Lauder, I ordered it from eBay, Amazon, any place I could find it. Now even those sites no longer have Lucidity or if they do they only have one and the color choice isn't Outdoor Beige. I have seen prices of well over $100 just for one bottle of the foundation. Is there a chance Estee Lauder will bring Lucidity back? Don't they know that many users want and need it? If sales of this product were down it was only because Double Wear was so much advertised and many buyers didn't know about the Lucidity product.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I bought the Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex System and was told that it would help with the dark circles under my eyes and will help with fine lines. I used to this product and the next day when I woke up my eyes were severely red and swollen. It’s like I put acid on my eyelids and burned the skin off. I have been left with the most horrible itching, burning, peeling and this off and on swelling for over a month now. I can’t put anything on my eyes except Aveeno colloidal oatmeal cream. I am stuck with this Estēe Lauder Advanced Eight Repair Eye Supercharged Complex Synchronized Recovery product along with the Resilience Multi-effect and Revitalizing Supreme that I paid over $50 for. I didn’t even want to give this product one star because of the pain and suffering I have been going through. But in order to post this I had to rate it. I would rather deal with dark circles under my eyes than go through this pain.

Original review: April 23, 2019

The order took a week to process. I asked customer service about the status, and they assured the package would be shipped in the day, but it did not. I was waiting another three days to receive the shipping information. I would not recommend to shop online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: April 18, 2019

I purchased the double wear makeup and received the eye cream and a moisturizer. I used the eye cream and moisturizer that day. My eyes began to itch and my face was on fire... so took the makeup off. The next morning I looked like some one beat me... My face was swollen and red. I do have pic. Is this company doing anything to compensate? Please take this chemical off the market!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I am an Estee Lauder customer and have been buying from you for over a decade. I am so annoyed with the lack of customer service I get from your consultants at various stores and malls. It's like they are trained to be idiots. My most recent issue has been with your double wear powder and the pigments from your double wear foundation in bronze. I buy both these products and I often bulk buy. I see your shelves are clear of the powder. I last bought 2x powders in November 2018 and the opened one at the end of January 2019. The colour and coverage is disappointing and the shade has definitely been changed. I still have a sealed powder but after many trips and calls, etc. to your counters it's been like speaking to a bunch of dummies.

My most recent trip to the store of purchase was at The Pavilion Red Square to a consultant named Annie who I buy products from. She said she cannot return the sealed powder as it was part of gift promo, etc. yet the store manager Zaheer who I had met Musgrave RED Square said that the new powder will credited and the opened powder should be sent for testing. Annie has not been very helpful and claims that she would have to pass my details to the Estee Lauder rep, the week has passed and still no phone call. I know this same old story with the Estee ladies, they take your number and nobody ever calls and this is what I have mentioned to Annie.

So you see I am right... No customer service. You change a ridiculous amount for your products but a customer can never have the peace of mind even if they have been a long standing customer to ever come back to you with a dissatisfaction complaint. All companies have issues now and the with QC challenges or raw material issues but Estee Lauder is so full of themselves that they care a damn about wasting their customer's money and over and above that give you crap service at the stores. You have another piece of work at your counter in La Lucia MALL RED Square, the calibre of people you higher speaks volumes of you as a company.

I have friends that buy Estee and I have told them about this pigment change in your products and guess what they have noticed the same and now have changed to other brands. All because your ladies treat people badly at the Estee counters. They never ever give makeup samples and always says they do not have bottles. It's like an ongoing story with them. I would like some to call me or I will post my story on Hello Peter and ever other public forum and social media. People need to know about the cons you bring and the rip offs in prices. Your makeup escalates every time I buy a. We product... I buy often. I would know.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Bought a small bottle from Nordstrom and applied this product after cleansing and my skin started to burn (thought I was going to have to go to the ER). Couldn’t sleep. Woke up my face was completely red with welts everywhere. The next day I had what looked like burnt patches everywhere particularly around my chin and near the nasolabial area. You’ve got a bad product.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I received my Estee Lauder Advanced Repair as samples in my BirchBox membership. I used it one night, loved the way it made my skin feel. Used it the next night, the same thing, until I was cooking Christmas dinner and was a bit hot in the kitchen so I wiped my eyes. They immediately began to burn and sting and weep. I used allergy eye drops and took **, but they still continued to swell. I was afraid I would have to go to the ER but they stopped swelling. Two days later my eyes are still swollen, itchy, and crusty. This is crazy that such a well know company has had so many people have the same horrible reaction to a product! Are they going to wait for someone to lose their site before they remove it from production???

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I bought at Estee Lauder online a fragrance I've used for years. There were free gifts offered and I chose two. I received the product but no free gifts. I called and was kept on hold for ages, so I hung up. I emailed several times and finally got an answer. They said they had no samples left. Really? Well I am on their mailing list and every day I receive at least one offer to buy one of their products and get free gifts. So they are telling people to buy products, promising them free gifts, but there are none left. False advertising, very bad service, and to top it off, the fragrance was old.

I had some left over from a previous bottle and the scent was not as nice and did not last. Definitely selling old stock. May be exposed to heat or just old. Now I am going to have to deal with the awful customer service to return it. PS. I just read that some of their ingredients are highly toxic. Wish I had known this before. I have been using this fragrance since 1990. I have had some illnesses, and I doubt the toxic ingredients have helped.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I bought an Advance Repair as gift to my aunt, when she unpack, that is a tester! Rubbish company with poor service quality! They said just wrong input, and they don't apology, just asked me go to the shop change the stock myself! I can't believe this is an international firm.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I buy the set for moisturizer, eye cream... I was using this product for the first time. Just right after I start using this product I had rash and my eyelids began to swell. I did not know what I should do and I also saw a lot of review that people were having the same issue, how come this expensive and big product causes such damage and ruin people's skin. Am really mad and angry and I really need help.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I used this product (Advanced night repair eye) one time, it has burned the skin around my eyes so bad I had large puss pockets about an inch below the eyes. The pain was so bad I ended up in the emergency room. It has been almost 2 weeks and I still have very red bruised dry swollen skin about an 1-1/2 around both eyes. I will be making several more doctor's visits to get this cleared up. Very painful. I have photos of my eyes.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I'm having the same reaction of others with the painful redness, itchy cracked wounds. It's horrible especially when you have to go to work looking the way I do. It didn't do anything but damage to me. Thinking I can get younger looking eyes it made it worse.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Was about to turn 32 when I thought I should buy myself a good eye cream, went to Estée Lauder since my mom uses their older eye cream. So the sales lady recommended the newer eye cream because it has this new technology formula. So I tried it on and every time I did I got a tingling sensation under my eye and thought okay it's working. After putting it on every night for about a week I got a horrible reaction to it. The bottom of my eyes were itchy, swollen, dry. I couldn’t believe it... had to go to urgent care and paid $125 for them to give me ** pills and **. Has this happened to anyone else???

Original review: July 2, 2018

I made an order with Estee Lauder nearly 2 weeks ago but the item was never delivered. On contacting them via email it took them 3 days to reply just to tell me to check with neighbours. Called them 4 days ago and all I keep hearing is they are looking into Royal Mail with this and it's still ongoing. Being a brand this large you would expect better customer service. If it wasn't for the 20 percent discount offer I got from them I would never have ordered it from them. I should have just paid full price and got it from a store.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Estee Lauder online order and shipping method is terrible. It took 7 days for an order to be delivered. Their online information says 3 to 5 business days but I'm still waiting for my order to arrive.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I love all the products of Estee Lauder, and especially the cosmetics. I am fascinated by the shadows, the lipsticks, the powder, the ingredients are of high quality, a lot of colors and textures. I have 5 years of using them and I recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

This past summer I switched to Estée Lauder double wear stay in place foundation predominantly for photo shoots and 'staying power'. Within several days of using this product I developed what looked like acne (I'm 52 years old). I started using acne treating facial hygiene products to help this skin condition, thinking that I wasn't cleaning my skin thoroughly. I continued using the foundation and became meticulous with my facial cleaning regime. My skin only got worse and then severely damaged. The bumps became open, deep wounds. Thinking I had contaminated the product I had initially purchased, I bought a new one. My face only continued to get worse and extremely painful. I had not considered that there might be something wrong with the foundation.

I sought help from several dermatologist and other physicians who could find no reason why my skin was in such a severe state. I had completed several rounds of antibiotic therapies as well as oral and topical steroids. Months later and having replaced the foundation at least twice, I ended up having to seek care at a wound clinic due to the severity of this skin condition on my face and the failure of the wounds to heal at ALL. I was instructed to STOP using Estée Lauder foundation as well as throw out what I had left even though it was a brand new bottle (again) and I had not put my fingers in the bottle or around the opening. I accidentally dropped the uncapped bottle in an empty sink and was shocked at what I'd found - it looked like insects or larvae if some sort - the exact SAME things I had noticed in the sink while and after I washed my face for months.

I immediately pulled the 2 BRAND NEW sample bottles I had gotten to try a lighter shade and dumped them into the sink separately. I was shocked to see the exact same 'things' in BOTH sample bottles!!! After numerous months of facial wounds that would NOT heal despite medical intervention and the purchases of new bottles of double wear, I realized there is something very weird and WRONG with their product! They all had foreign pieces of something that looks eerily like insect larvae! I don't know where they bottle their stuff but I'm alarmed at my findings as are my doctors. I am now looking at having to have reconstructive surgery on the areas of my face that were affected!

They FINALLY healed when I switched to another foundation from different manufacturer/company and had to see numerous docs and eventually a wound clinic. I've read that many have had similar issues with Estée Lauder facial creams, cleansers and makeup! Something is NOT right with Estée Lauder. It's either their facial products in general or how and or where they are packaged/bottled! I hope my pics post because people need to see this! We shall see if the company bothers to respond to this post!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I recently purchased Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and after about 3/4 days of use my skin started to burn and itch terribly. Both eyes swell up and are red and itchy, my ears are burning and itchy and I have a rash all over my neck. It has been like this for over a week now and continuing to get worse. Today my doctor prescribed me steroids so hopefully this will help. I'm disgusted that such an expensive cream that can ruin your face like this is allowed on the market without a single warning.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

After trying to purchase 7 time some products online, all my attempts are all for nothing. The orders goes canceled after few min of placing it. I contacted them through phone, online chat, email. They tried to resolve it to see if it is a credit card matter but after 1 day they send me another email with a phone number to call them again... for help assisting. I'm very disappointed, I do really love their products but after 7 attempts I give up.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased a lipstick from Estee Lauder (Insolent Plum). I had it for a few months before I started using it. It broke at the base which made it impossible to use. So I ordered a new one. Well I have only used the new one several times and the last time I went to use it, I discovered that it too had broken at the base. I have used many different companies' lipsticks and never had this happen before. I am upset at this because the prices is very expensive compared to other companies. I would not recommend this product.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am a returning customer of esteelauder.com, and all my info are inside the Estee Lauder website. I purchased two orders from them, and I didn't touch a thing after that. I am pretty damn sure I am the only one who has access to my account. The next day I received a email, saying they have cancelled my orders UNDER MY REQUEST. When I asked the customer service, they said sorry but there's nothing they can do as the things are already sold out. Following are their words:

"Per your request, we have cancelled esteelauder.com order #**. The following item(s) has been cancelled and will not be shipped." I'M NOT A SENSITIVE PERSON, BUT IS THAT TOO MUCH FOR A BIG COMPANY? Even if you say the bag is out of stock I won't say a thing. Could you just simply find someone who speaks human language? You insist it's my fault and that's really disgust me. Go away!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I am furious! I bought one of the Estee Lauder daywear and it irritated my skin. I went to my doctor and he told me I now have dermatitis caused by this product. It has been a week and half now, and eyes are still swollen and my skin still burns.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I recently went to purchase Day Wear foundation only to find that it has increased in price to $42 for one bottle. I love the product but I will be choosing another brand because it just simply isn't worth the cost anymore.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I just tried the moisturizer as a freebie and have to say I’m in absolute agony now. My neck has come up in red blotches everywhere and it’s itching like hell and burning hot. I am very tempted to take the product back to my local store but as it was a freebie, I wouldn’t expect a refund! I just think that their sales representative should know the effect that some of their products are having on the customers. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I purchased both Double wear and Day Wear Moisturizer together. Using this for the first time, I applied generously the Moisturizer first and then the Double Wear Foundation. The Moisturizer burned but I thought this was a normal since many lipsticks burn when put on. After all this was an expensive brand and I had used some of Estee products for years. The burn did not stop there for the next day I had a horrible red rash all over my face and still have it even though I have been to the Dr. and had steroid shot and medications. I am taking it up at present with Estee but I do not have hopes of solving my problem. If they can take back the rash instead of the product I would have been more inclined to believe they are a honest and generous firm. What is so bad for Estee is I am extremely active and have many friends who will ask about the rash and of course I will have to tell them.

Original review: May 26, 2017

ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR - I used it around my eye area only and my eyes burnt. Turned red with pain and endless tears. This product ruined my eyes. Be careful please. My teenage daughter tried it and she woke up the next day with swollen red, burned skin all around her face!!! Tried their expensive lipstick, not lasting even for 15 minutes. Very rude customer service!!!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I have used ANR serum from when I was 20 yrs old or younger. I believe that because I was using it at such a young age, it has aided me in keeping a young appearance. Estee Lauder used to religiously give trial bottles of ANR in their gift with purchase giveaways and I used it just because it was there and when I was feeling dry in some spots. I'm glad I put this on my face when I was young because even though I am now 47, my skin is in the same condition as someone who is 24! A 24 yr old noticed this about me herself and asked me what I use on my face! It is important to get it only from the Estee Lauder counter or from Estee Lauder online only. DO NOT buy from a third party!!! There are a lot of fake bottles floating around from China. This is probably what is giving some people rashes. Beware... Only buy directly from Estee Lauder!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Advanced night repair serum should be labeled with a warning! After applying it I woke up to a rash all over my face. What progressed over the next 48 hours was horrendous. Burning swelling blisters! I have never ever reacted before to any product. I had to consult 2 Drs. My face was so bad. The swelling was shocking. Even worse Estee Lauder won't acknowledge this.

Estee Lauder expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Josephine Ester Mentzer, nicknamed Estee in school, learned the chemistry of creating skincare products from her uncle, who was a chemist. She launched her product line in 1946. Today, the company carries on Estee’s tradition of gifts with purchase, elegant packaging and quality skincare products, which customers can buy online or in stores around the world.

• Gift with purchase: Estee Lauder is famous for offering gifts with purchase, which can give consumers a chance to try new products with minimal risk.

• Estee e-list: Sign up for Estee Lauder’s free loyalty program online to start earning points and rewards on every purchase. The program has tiered levels, depending on how much you spend. Even the lowest level receives discounts, free samples, free shipping and a birthday offer, so it’s worth signing up even if you only place one order.

• Luxury skincare: Estee Lauder’s latest skincare line, Re-Nutriv, uses premium products, including South Sea pearls, Black Diamond Truffle extract and 24-karat gold for a luxury experience.

• Free standard shipping: Receive free standard shipping on all products ordered directly from Estee Lauder’s website, no matter the cost. Charges apply for expedited shipping.

• Signature services: Every Estee Lauder counter offers complimentary makeovers and two-minute touch ups. Reservations are a good idea for customers who want a makeover for a wedding or other special occasion.

• Best for: Estee Lauder is best for women seeking high-end skincare and cosmetics.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs