Estee Lauder

Compare Makeup Brands

Research top Makeup Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR - I used it around my eye area only and my eyes burnt. Turned red with pain and endless tears. This product ruined my eyes. Be careful please. My teenage daughter tried it and she woke up the next day with swollen red, burned skin all around her face!!! Tried their expensive lipstick, not lasting even for 15 minutes. Very rude customer service!!!

I have used ANR serum from when I was 20 yrs old or younger. I believe that because I was using it at such a young age, it has aided me in keeping a young appearance. Estee Lauder used to religiously give trial bottles of ANR in their gift with purchase giveaways and I used it just because it was there and when I was feeling dry in some spots. I'm glad I put this on my face when I was young because even though I am now 47, my skin is in the same condition as someone who is 24! A 24 yr old noticed this about me herself and asked me what I use on my face! It is important to get it only from the Estee Lauder counter or from Estee Lauder online only. DO NOT buy from a third party!!! There are a lot of fake bottles floating around from China. This is probably what is giving some people rashes. Beware... Only buy directly from Estee Lauder!!!

Advanced night repair serum should be labeled with a warning! After applying it I woke up to a rash all over my face. What progressed over the next 48 hours was horrendous. Burning swelling blisters! I have never ever reacted before to any product. I had to consult 2 Drs. My face was so bad. The swelling was shocking. Even worse Estee Lauder won't acknowledge this.

I have been getting this 2016 blockbuster makeup kit for Christmas for many years and it has always been top notch until this year. What a disappointment!! The eye shadow is smaller and packaged with the blush in 3 odd shades. No eyeliner, no cologne and only the one box, certainly not the quality of the previous kits. These kits started me using these product years ago and the quality of the products has really slipped.

I used many cosmetic brands before trying Estee Lauder decades ago, and have no regrets with the decision. The variety of products enables me to find the exact item needed for my skin type. Estee Lauder representatives are always helpful with information on specific products and recommendations. The promotions which offer new products are an economical way to try new items. Estee Lauder meets, and often exceeds, expectations, with advertising true rather than hyperbole. Representatives are helpful, making telephone calls to give information about promotions and new products. Thank you notes also are mailed, which are especially appreciated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

The new lineup has flat drab colors. The pigments have no depth of color. The new skin care is thinner and less effective than the drug store lineups. I am simply disappointed and I have used Estee products for fifty years. My mother and grandmother used it too.

I have dry and sensitive skin and Estee Lauder products haven't caused any allergic reaction. They have a wide variety of products and colors that suit me, but they are a bit expensive. I use Estee Lauder products almost exclusively. I find it is a very good product, but expensive. I have very good skin for a woman of 75 and since I have used this brand for many years I have to give them some credit for the condition of my skin. The product I use faithfully and love is the Night Repair, for both skin and eye area. The sales people are very helpful in regard to choosing makeup colors that suit my skin tone and age. I use their blush and am happy with it. I prefer Matte eye shadows and I find it difficult to find Matte shades in their product line so that is a negative. I also love their gifts with purchase as it gives me a chance to try new products. Overall I am pleased with the product line.

I only bought it yesterday. I used it this morning and by this evening I started feeling a burn on my neck and face. I washed my skin and have put ** on my face and neck. I texted my Estee Lauder rep and she said "return it." This product needs pulled and quickly.

So I asked my sister who happen to work for a sister company Bobbi Brown, to buy a foundation for me from Estee Lauder as I always liked their product. When she got the product they also gave her a Lip Color that doesn't have no price tag on and billed her with the foundation without her knowledge. After she realised what they have done in 5 min she went to return the lip color. The so called manager was so rude to her and simply denied and snatch the bill and lip color from her without the refund and sent her away saying that their manager will get in touch with her in a week... instead she got a call from her manager at Bobbi Brown and threatened and harassed her so bad (which I will be sharing it with my lawyers in details) that it will affect her job if she ever go back to Estee Lauder for any further complaint... So I went today I. e 26 Aug 2016 to sort out the matter myself which is by the way after 2 weeks after.

To cut the story short... all I get was rudeness and disrespect... but strangely even before I left the Estee lauder my sister who was at Bobbi Brown at a time received a call from her manager saying how dare she sent her sister to complain and further insult her by saying if she is so desperate for that money she can get it from her and that she is an embarrassment for the company and that the company will fire her from her job. I will be filing a legal case against them for the harassment that they did which I cannot mention right now. It's the worse customer service and they are the worse people to deal with.

I'm 32, and 2 yrs ago I almost went for Botox injections around my eyes. I chickened out and went to the nearest Macy's and bought a line of Estee Lauder skin care products instead. I won't use any other face wash besides the Perfectly Clean foam cleanser. You only need a little bit. The container lasts me almost a year at a time ($30). I also use the Re-Nutriv Intensive age renewal eye cream. Wonderful products and the fine lines around my eyes are gone. I only use a tiny in the morning and at night. A little goes along way. I have very very sensitive skin. I used to use Philosophy products and have switched over after redness and irritation from their products. I have so many compliments on my skin because of the Estee Lauder products. The eye cream is a little pricey but lasts a long time. Can't be cheap with skin care products. You get what you pay for!

Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup - I recently purchased this product and it did anything but stay in place. I ruined a brand new Calvin Klein suit that I had purchased for my best friends funeral. Needless to say it was a VERY bad day all around. So buyer beware!!! The product is good if you are concerned with how it feels on your face but as for your clothing...No. This product will ruin it because it will get on your clothing and you will not get it out of your whites.

Years ago I received a sample of Knowing! My daughter was 15! She is now 39 & I am still in love with this scent! They say you should change when you no longer get compliments! To this day people come up to me in stores and ask me what perfume I'm wearing & where they can get it! It's the best! I wear your Gardenia on special occasions but I'm in love with this scent! Thank you for making the best, long lasting perfume I've ever had!

Estee Lauder used to be one of the best in eye makeup for me but after using the Advanced Night Repair Serum and the Symptoms Extreme Mascara one of my eyes has bleeding and under both eyes there is a horrifying rash, makes my eyes red and itchy. Stopped using it over a week ago but the redness and itchiness are still there. Have to go back to the doctor cause the steroid cream didn't help much!!! Watch out people!! Hope I can return the products!

I don't know if Estee Lauder uses the same standards in face care products as France does. In other words I don't know if they or any other product is safe to use. Most face products turn my face bright red - I have ordered a product from Estee Lauder on recommendations. I have found a face washing product at Walgreens I can use but still looking not only for a product that doesn't turn my face red but is also safe. Any sales personal or company rep can say it is safe but are there any real standards? Does anyone know of a company that adheres to strict safety standards set in some of the other countries??

I have used Estee cologne or perfume for the past 35-40 yrs. The last time I purchased it in a department store, the price had increased to $40. A couple of years ago, I start getting it via Amazon in the 2 oz and 1 oz size. I attempted to order again recently, the price had increased to $100.00. I am now retired and am on a fixed income...Please help.

Upon purchasing Enlighten from a Tanger Outlet in Foxwoods spokeswoman of product stated it would work, within 4-6 weeks you'll see improvement. Well it's been 4 months and not even any signs of getting lighter. Product does not work. Spent 78.00 and it's useless. I was better off purchasing Proactiv.

I have been an Estee Lauder customer for years, in fact, I used to sell it. However, the taste of their lipstick has changed in the last few years and it is just HORRIBLE! I cannot wear it because when I do, that's all I taste and smell.

I have wasted a good section of this pencil trying to sharpen it. I have a Lancome sharpener and a simple over the counter one. Afraid to use our electric sharpener. All it does is break off. The rubber tip at the opposite end of the pencil is ridiculous. Doesn't smudge properly at all and I must go to another tool to accomplish that. All in all a pretty miserable product. This is the third product I have tried from Estee Lauder that I have been disappointed in. The other was the eye shadow base and another, your new eyebrow pencil which didn't last long enough to sneeze at for the cost of it. Been using Double Wear foundation for years and various products off and on, but these new items are a waste of space.

I'm very disappointed and angry about how MAC store Rep lies about the items being free animal cruelty, my first time walking in there and regret for the rest of my life. I asked her three times, that I do not see the sign or anything mentioning on the box stating no animal testing and she said, “No No we are not testing on animals.” My husband was with me and heard everything.

I spend $97.00 and bought about 5 items and used them and today I come across someone telling me they are not vegan and MAC is testing on animals and is a big supporter of animal cruelty!!! So I Google and research and guess what they do test all their make up on animals. This is very wrong. I do not support or use anything that uses the poor animals and treat them in cruel way or torture them, burn them to make us look pretty and Glendale, CA store #12067 representative misinformed me so miserably and on top of that I put those stuff on my face. I am very disgusted of having that make up on my face that was tested on animals. Just a reminder of tortured animals on my face.

Tried a sample of the Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex 11 & within 24 hours had a red rash under both eyes - hot & itchy! Have never had a reaction like this before so it is a warning to all users of cosmetics to test a new product in a small area of skin before applying to your face!

I never had any problem with my eyes after I using these two products. First day after wearing mascara within 2 hours it started rubbing and very uncomfortable feeling. I thought maybe some other problem. The next day same problem. I overlooked. The 3rd day it has same problem only rubbing my one eye. I came from work. My friend call me out then I use some more mascara on top. Within half an hour something happened. My eye started burning. Feeling very dizzy. Can't see few seconds some sandy black. Clouds all over my eye. My friend drove me home.

The next day couldn't work. Took a doctor appointment. She said my vision is ok but could be bleeding inside of my eye. Sat to a specialist. She send me St. Joseph Hospital. Doctor told me very bad situation. Now I have to go through a LASER SURGERY needed about 6 times. I used a lot of your other Mascaras never had problems. Why now? I know you may say other problem but trust me I'm not lying and I do have the samples if any allergies.

I bought Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Synchronized recovery and have been using it for three weeks. It made my face turn red and now I also have white marks on my face. And my face and neck have blisters all over. Please be careful. This serum burns.

I was interested in estee lauder when I was working at Bealls a few years back. I always just bought make up at Walmart so I wanted something nice. I bought estee lauder to replace all the make up I had been using. I used it and that night my ears started itching. I washed the make up off and went to sleep thinking it would be better the next morning. I woke up in the middle of the night and my whole face was itching and red and swollen. It stayed like this for 2 weeks and I thought I was over it.

Well 3 weeks later my eyes were swollen shut. I had to call my husband at work to drive me to the doctor to get a shot for the swelling to go down. It's been 3 years and from time to time my face swells up and itches and burns so bad I cry. The only thing that helps is covering my face in vaseline (and it's gross). I have been to many doctors to get shots to help. They have told me it was the makeup I was wearing. I hope this helps someone out if they are thinking about buying this.

Estee Lauder night repair serum - After using this a couple of times, my eye lid burning and itching. Blisters, scabbing and continued itching followed. I stopped using it and hope my eye and skin could recover to normal, but after 4 weeks, it still burning and itching and all my skin around the eyes has being used it is red. The pain and itchy is still there. The worst thing is, my eye skin didn't have any wrinkle before, I was using it for trying to keep my young skin last longer as I am getting age. Now after I used the serum, my eye skin looks like 80 years old, a lot big wrinkle and skin is very loosing now. This product should NOT be used on ANY skin without a patch test. Estee Lauder have not labelled this product accordingly, and I need help to get my eye skin back as before. Who can tell me what to do now?

Bought Estee Lauder resilience lift for $90.00 and after two weeks, the cream curdled. Cannot use anymore. Eye liner stays on for only a few hours. Not happy with the products especially spending so much money.

The pencil doesn't stay for the 12 hr they say and it went inside my eye giving me a bad allergic reaction. They should stay to making perfumes.

I was introduced to this Estee Lauder and Clinique in the 1970s at American Airlines "stewardess" school in Dallas. Ever since, I have used both wonderful brands. Estee now discontinues products that many of us have been using for years and decades. Futurist foundation is one I am most disappointed in losing. While we all understand the need for new products and marketing for profit, we don't understand why our loyalty doesn't count. I have read many reviewer's who feel the same. Also the free gifts in sample sizes to really try a product have shrunk to the point that some are a one-day in a foil packet. Let's face it, cosmetic industry profits are large enough to be less stingy. When Estee herself ran the company, much was different.

When visiting Debenhams in Chester I was approached by a staff member of Aveda. He asked if I would like a facial. My experience was fantastic. The guy not only gave a wonderful massage but so knowledgeable about the product. I came away with a exfoliating cleanser and I'm delighted with the difference in my skin, so much so I can't wait for my next product. Fab service + fab product = happy shopper.

I bought a Kate Spade wallet and upon visiting their website for the first time, it advertised "save 15% on your purchase". I went with the purchase, entered the code, and it said it will be applied at checkout. I checked out and got billed for the regular price. I email them twice and got no response. It's been over a month now.

Estée lauder night repair serum - After using this, a Christmas present, I woke during the night with my face burning and itching. Blisters, scabbing and continued itching followed. Trip to doctor was initially successful, but as I was only able to use prescribed steroid cream for a limited time, and despite anti histamine tablets, the rash returned. Four weeks on, the blisters and scabs have reduced but I still have rash, itching and burning. A return trip to doctor was needed, and though symptoms have eased, I am still red in the face, with itching and burning. This product should NOT be used on ANY skin without a patch test. Estee lauder have not labelled this product accordingly, and I am taking it up with them.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Josephine Ester Mentzer, nicknamed Estee in school, learned the chemistry of creating skincare products from her uncle, who was a chemist. She launched her product line in 1946. Today, the company carries on Estee’s tradition of gifts with purchase, elegant packaging and quality skincare products, which customers can buy online or in stores around the world.

• Gift with purchase: Estee Lauder is famous for offering gifts with purchase, which can give consumers a chance to try new products with minimal risk.
  • Estee e-list: Sign up for Estee Lauder’s free loyalty program online to start earning points and rewards on every purchase. The program has tiered levels, depending on how much you spend. Even the lowest level receives discounts, free samples, free shipping and a birthday offer, so it’s worth signing up even if you only place one order.
  • Luxury skincare: Estee Lauder’s latest skincare line, Re-Nutriv, uses premium products, including South Sea pearls, Black Diamond Truffle extract and 24-karat gold for a luxury experience.
  • Free standard shipping: Receive free standard shipping on all products ordered directly from Estee Lauder’s website, no matter the cost. Charges apply for expedited shipping.
  • Signature services: Every Estee Lauder counter offers complimentary makeovers and two-minute touch ups. Reservations are a good idea for customers who want a makeover for a wedding or other special occasion.
  • Best for Estee Lauder is best for women seeking high-end skincare and cosmetics.

Compare Makeup Brands