3.6/5 (679 ratings)

About Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: March 30, 2022

I have been using the Double Wear Foundation for about 3 years now, I buy this product twice a year without fail. The quality of all their make-up products is superior and long-lasting. There are also a wide range of colour shades.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I bought during the 2021 black Friday promotion and it was supposed to come with the micro essence full size 13oz - $200. They replaced it with advanced night eye repair -$66?! Something isn't adding up.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I have been a long time customer of Estee Lauder and in the past everything was great, this year it is like the Service has tanked. I was making an order of personal items and gifts, I contacted the online CS chat because I wanted to add the birthday gift to the order but they had never sent my yearly email, it was long and drawn out but the CS rep Kelly said to place my order and give her the order# and she would add it to my order, after I did that she said it was added, it wasn't! I had also requested the gift wrap as part of it was gifts, did not receive that either.

I contacted the online CS chat again after to inquire about all of this and she just sat there for 10 minutes not saying a word to me after I gave her my info. I finally told her I had dinner reservations for my birthday and simply could not just "sit" there and wait (hope) she would respond. She then said "Thank you" and that the bday gift would be sent at a later time. Nothing suggesting that is the case, no emails no anything. After many years I think I am DONE ordering from them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

ReNutriv moisturizer, $310, works great. But the cellophane wrap is easy to strip and reglue allowing thieves to replace the good stuff with cheap muck and return it for full refund. Customer service doesn't care.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I have been using Estée Lauder double wear for about 2 years now and the last bottle I bought has caused a severe reaction. My skin is extremely itchy and looks burned. I applied neosporin and then it became dry and flaky. I have major burn spots around my chin and nostrils. Even my lips and eyelids burn. I do not know what ingredient they changed but I have to find something else.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I got the eye cream at Christmas. Not long after, I woke up with swollen, red, itchy eyelids and could not figure out what in the world could have caused it. I have used Estee Lauder products for a long time, but not this eye cream. The redness turned to scaly, dry, peeling skin. It persisted until I finally went back to my It Confidence In An Eye Cream the other night - my eyes are fine now. It is horrible that something meant for the eye area would cause what appeared to be chemical burns. I have used eye serums/creams for about 20 years and this has never happened with ANY product before.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Purchased a gift with purchase around Christmas time that included a full size jar. I was excited to try it. I’d been using it for a few days (day & night as per sales person) and then started noticing red patches under my eyes. I basically has burn marks and swelling under my eyes. It’s been a couple of days since I stopped using it and it’s still dry, burnt and painful. All I can apply at this point is Aquaphor. This is a terrible product.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum cover has been the only foundation is able to cover my melasma. The foundation is thick. You only need a small amount to apply. Foundation can dry your skin.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I thought I had found the most beautiful eyeshadow ever, but I was terribly wrong! I had received the “Lily Pulitzer For Estée Lauder Pure Eyeshadow Compact” as a part of a special combo pack when you spend so much money on another of Estée Lauder’s products. It contains 4 shades of eyeshadow, of which I only used one. I must admit, I hung on to this product for a few years before deciding to try it, but there was no expiration date on it, so I figured it was good to try. It went on beautifully—like velvet! I had been applying it for about 2 weeks off & on, meaning: some days I wore eye makeup & other days I wore none. I was so impressed until I had a severe allergic reaction to it!!!

My eyelids & above lids where I place my eyeshadow started turning a rash red, became extremely dry, itchy, burning & peeling! This has been going on 2 weeks now!!! I cannot wear any makeup on my eyes!!! It looks hideous!!! I am so upset!!! I’ve started doctoring it with Vaseline & then tried Neosporin Cream which helped to soften up skin a bit, however all other symptoms are still present & my skin is burning as if I put acid on my eyes!!! I’ve red other Reviews here about Estée Lauder Customers who have experienced the same thing!!!

I noticed when I had received the Estée Lauder Value Pack of goodies, that all of her creams had a very strong chemical odor, so I threw them away! And yes, these were suppose to be fresh products that came with another purchase! I guess I will try Burt Bees Moisturizer or an Oatmeal product as other customer/victims suggested & see if that helps, but honestly—my eyes look so burnt/swollen/red/peeling/ugly & (now creepy—caused by product), that I don’t know if they will ever clear up or if I will ever be able to wear any eye make ever again!!! What has happened to Estée Lauder’s products? Even her Estée Lauder Perfumed Bath Oil is not the same!!! Is there a “group lawsuit” that I can add my name to, because I fear this is going to cost a lot of money to clear up this rash!!! Please advise!!! Thank You!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I had an issue since I purchased an order of moisturizer from Estée Lauder back on Nov 2019. I have used Estee Lauder products for many years and never had an issue until my purchased last November 2019. I got a very bad allergic reaction. Vey dry skin, itchy, red puffy eyes got very swollen the skin around my eyes. Lids were breaking from been so dry. It felt like they had put acid around my eyes. I spend hundreds of dollars going to different doctors not knowing what it was.

My dermatologist told me to stop using the moisturizer I was using from estee lauder (not knowing this was the cause). My problem went away after almost 9 months of treatment and going to doctors, so, I thought I could back to my old moisturizer(not knowing it was the cause). I placed an order a few weeks ago. The dryness came back and the itching and redness around my eyes too. I immediately knew it was the moisturizer I had order from Estee lauder. This product is not good at all anymore. What a shame.

Estee Lauder author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Josephine Ester Mentzer, nicknamed Estee in school, learned the chemistry of creating skincare products from her uncle, who was a chemist. She launched her product line in 1946. Today, the company carries on Estee’s tradition of gifts with purchase, elegant packaging and quality skincare products, which customers can buy online or in stores around the world.

• Gift with purchase: Estee Lauder is famous for offering gifts with purchase, which can give consumers a chance to try new products with minimal risk.

• Estee e-list: Sign up for Estee Lauder’s free loyalty program online to start earning points and rewards on every purchase. The program has tiered levels, depending on how much you spend. Even the lowest level receives discounts, free samples, free shipping and a birthday offer, so it’s worth signing up even if you only place one order.

• Luxury skincare: Estee Lauder’s latest skincare line, Re-Nutriv, uses premium products, including South Sea pearls, Black Diamond Truffle extract and 24-karat gold for a luxury experience.

• Free standard shipping: Receive free standard shipping on all products ordered directly from Estee Lauder’s website, no matter the cost. Charges apply for expedited shipping.

• Signature services: Every Estee Lauder counter offers complimentary makeovers and two-minute touch ups. Reservations are a good idea for customers who want a makeover for a wedding or other special occasion.

Estee Lauder Company Information