3.89/5

156 Estee Lauder Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 24, 2019

I start using Estée Lauder eye cream for one month and had a very bad experience. I start having rashes around my eyes, swollen...burning. My biggest mistake ever. Using Vaseline jelly under my eyes now. Makes my eyes much much better.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I bought the Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex System and was told that it would help with the dark circles under my eyes and will help with fine lines. I used to this product and the next day when I woke up my eyes were severely red and swollen. It’s like I put acid on my eyelids and burned the skin off. I have been left with the most horrible itching, burning, peeling and this off and on swelling for over a month now. I can’t put anything on my eyes except Aveeno colloidal oatmeal cream. I am stuck with this Estēe Lauder Advanced Eight Repair Eye Supercharged Complex Synchronized Recovery product along with the Resilience Multi-effect and Revitalizing Supreme that I paid over $50 for. I didn’t even want to give this product one star because of the pain and suffering I have been going through. But in order to post this I had to rate it. I would rather deal with dark circles under my eyes than go through this pain.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

The order took a week to process. I asked customer service about the status, and they assured the package would be shipped in the day, but it did not. I was waiting another three days to receive the shipping information. I would not recommend to shop online.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I purchased the double wear makeup and received the eye cream and a moisturizer. I used the eye cream and moisturizer that day. My eyes began to itch and my face was on fire... so took the makeup off. The next morning I looked like some one beat me... My face was swollen and red. I do have pic. Is this company doing anything to compensate? Please take this chemical off the market!

Original review: April 2, 2019

I just put on the Estee instant resurfacing peel and there was a slight burning sensation but the burning went away about 60 seconds later and so far so good. I will reach back out in a few days so I can give my honest opinion.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I am an Estee Lauder customer and have been buying from you for over a decade. I am so annoyed with the lack of customer service I get from your consultants at various stores and malls. It's like they are trained to be idiots. My most recent issue has been with your double wear powder and the pigments from your double wear foundation in bronze. I buy both these products and I often bulk buy. I see your shelves are clear of the powder. I last bought 2x powders in November 2018 and the opened one at the end of January 2019. The colour and coverage is disappointing and the shade has definitely been changed. I still have a sealed powder but after many trips and calls, etc. to your counters it's been like speaking to a bunch of dummies.

My most recent trip to the store of purchase was at The Pavilion Red Square to a consultant named Annie who I buy products from. She said she cannot return the sealed powder as it was part of gift promo, etc. yet the store manager Zaheer who I had met Musgrave RED Square said that the new powder will credited and the opened powder should be sent for testing. Annie has not been very helpful and claims that she would have to pass my details to the Estee Lauder rep, the week has passed and still no phone call. I know this same old story with the Estee ladies, they take your number and nobody ever calls and this is what I have mentioned to Annie.

So you see I am right... No customer service. You change a ridiculous amount for your products but a customer can never have the peace of mind even if they have been a long standing customer to ever come back to you with a dissatisfaction complaint. All companies have issues now and the with QC challenges or raw material issues but Estee Lauder is so full of themselves that they care a damn about wasting their customer's money and over and above that give you crap service at the stores. You have another piece of work at your counter in La Lucia MALL RED Square, the calibre of people you higher speaks volumes of you as a company.

I have friends that buy Estee and I have told them about this pigment change in your products and guess what they have noticed the same and now have changed to other brands. All because your ladies treat people badly at the Estee counters. They never ever give makeup samples and always says they do not have bottles. It's like an ongoing story with them. I would like some to call me or I will post my story on Hello Peter and ever other public forum and social media. People need to know about the cons you bring and the rip offs in prices. Your makeup escalates every time I buy a. We product... I buy often. I would know.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Bought a small bottle from Nordstrom and applied this product after cleansing and my skin started to burn (thought I was going to have to go to the ER). Couldn’t sleep. Woke up my face was completely red with welts everywhere. The next day I had what looked like burnt patches everywhere particularly around my chin and near the nasolabial area. You’ve got a bad product.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I received my Estee Lauder Advanced Repair as samples in my BirchBox membership. I used it one night, loved the way it made my skin feel. Used it the next night, the same thing, until I was cooking Christmas dinner and was a bit hot in the kitchen so I wiped my eyes. They immediately began to burn and sting and weep. I used allergy eye drops and took **, but they still continued to swell. I was afraid I would have to go to the ER but they stopped swelling. Two days later my eyes are still swollen, itchy, and crusty. This is crazy that such a well know company has had so many people have the same horrible reaction to a product! Are they going to wait for someone to lose their site before they remove it from production???

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I bought at Estee Lauder online a fragrance I've used for years. There were free gifts offered and I chose two. I received the product but no free gifts. I called and was kept on hold for ages, so I hung up. I emailed several times and finally got an answer. They said they had no samples left. Really? Well I am on their mailing list and every day I receive at least one offer to buy one of their products and get free gifts. So they are telling people to buy products, promising them free gifts, but there are none left. False advertising, very bad service, and to top it off, the fragrance was old.

I had some left over from a previous bottle and the scent was not as nice and did not last. Definitely selling old stock. May be exposed to heat or just old. Now I am going to have to deal with the awful customer service to return it. PS. I just read that some of their ingredients are highly toxic. Wish I had known this before. I have been using this fragrance since 1990. I have had some illnesses, and I doubt the toxic ingredients have helped.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I bought an Advance Repair as gift to my aunt, when she unpack, that is a tester! Rubbish company with poor service quality! They said just wrong input, and they don't apology, just asked me go to the shop change the stock myself! I can't believe this is an international firm.

Estee Lauder expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Josephine Ester Mentzer, nicknamed Estee in school, learned the chemistry of creating skincare products from her uncle, who was a chemist. She launched her product line in 1946. Today, the company carries on Estee’s tradition of gifts with purchase, elegant packaging and quality skincare products, which customers can buy online or in stores around the world.

• Gift with purchase: Estee Lauder is famous for offering gifts with purchase, which can give consumers a chance to try new products with minimal risk.

• Estee e-list: Sign up for Estee Lauder’s free loyalty program online to start earning points and rewards on every purchase. The program has tiered levels, depending on how much you spend. Even the lowest level receives discounts, free samples, free shipping and a birthday offer, so it’s worth signing up even if you only place one order.

• Luxury skincare: Estee Lauder’s latest skincare line, Re-Nutriv, uses premium products, including South Sea pearls, Black Diamond Truffle extract and 24-karat gold for a luxury experience.

• Free standard shipping: Receive free standard shipping on all products ordered directly from Estee Lauder’s website, no matter the cost. Charges apply for expedited shipping.

• Signature services: Every Estee Lauder counter offers complimentary makeovers and two-minute touch ups. Reservations are a good idea for customers who want a makeover for a wedding or other special occasion.

• Best for: Estee Lauder is best for women seeking high-end skincare and cosmetics.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs