2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5

Estee Lauder Reviews

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Estée Lauder to me represents old-time quality that has stayed true to its product and the customer. The quality of all their make up is superior in long-lasting stay, anti allergic, color choices, skin compatibility, goes in smoothly and rich. I enjoy browsing the Estée Lauder counter to see new products. I still use their perfume and I get so many compliments when I wear it out. My mother used Estée Lauder and now I do, too. Like a family tradition! Let’s talk about their lipstick. So many colors that match your skin shade and your fancy! Of all the brands in makeup, I’d go to Estée Lauder first.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

They keep removing items that have been very good and were sellers and leaving us with other or new items and they are not the same. Not sure of why they do this, but when you have a product that is good and selling such as their non-oily face cream/translucent powder which they no longer make it's a shame. I do not purchase from them any longer due to items that I really loved and no longer make.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have used Estee Lauder products for about 15 yrs now and they really are wonderful and stand up to their reputation. My skin looks like a 40 yr old and I am 62 this November. The Estee Lauder customer service is superb and will help you out with any questions you may have and if you don't like a product you can always send it back. I also love the free gifts with every order. They may be a bit pricey but you get what you pay for and my skin is worth it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Like the SPF and long-lasting effect of double cover makeup; like how the long-wear mascara is easy to remove without damaging lashes. Would like to see a finishing powder to compliment the double wear coverup for people who don’t like to wear a lot of makeup. Also need more variety in liquid eyeshadow.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Estee Lauder has the best facial products, perfume & mascara & facial powder. The perfumes have a clean crisp fragrance, always clean smelling! I get compliments from everyone on Azuree perfume daily! The facial creams are refreshing & clean smelling, as well as moisturizing. Facial powder really covers blemishes well! The mascara is great - really pops!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: May 11, 2020

I ordered a product during a promotional offer but when I received my order the free bag and items were missing. I have called repeatedly, been on hold for almost 2 hours with no answer. I tried chat multiple times over multiple days, waiting for extended periods of time. No one ever came on the chat. I understand we’re in a pandemic but why don’t they quit emailing offers every day and acting like they’re open when for all intents & purposes they’re closed?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I have used many products as a licensed esthetician, but I have never had a reaction like I did to Estée Lauder’s holiday gift set. Rosacea like breakouts on cheeks, pimples on lips like cold sores and red splotches. I tried taking out the oil then the moisturizer, which helped, but then I went back to using the cleanser which was used for travel only as well as the eye cream- which to the point I thought I needed lower lid surgery. I won’t even pass these on to someone else to see how their skin reacts, because that would be a straight out mean.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

The products are good. If you can get them! The website is ALWAYS experiencing issues. One chat rep will say they can help while the other can't or won't. I don't know what is going on with that site but it's a convenience for some of us who can't get to the store as quick as we'd like. They are teetering on losing my business. Clinique isn't bad.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I had the worst experience using this product. After only 2 applications I had a severe reaction that actually left the skin around my eyes burned. I have been in pain for 4 days. I went to the doctor and was prescribed steroids to help recover. I have had to miss work and am now dealing with the side effects of the steroids including nausea and dizziness, extreme thirst, and acne. My eyes look horrible. I am terrified my skin will not be the same. Buy this at your own risk!! I found others online with the same reaction I had. I only chose the 1 star because you have to. This is definitely a review with the goal of warning you to NOT use this.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I purchase my Estee Lauder online directly from Estee Lauder's website. They have various levels of rewards and I have achieved the highest level and that is supposed to allow me to get a free gift. A couple of weeks ago I placed an order and they shorted me the free gift. I contacted a representative and she said she would ship the free gift... Did not happen. I went back to the site to order my eye cream and the site says I need to buy a product again to get the free gift.. NOT falling for that again.. Beware of this scam..

Estee Lauder author review by ConsumerAffairs

Josephine Ester Mentzer, nicknamed Estee in school, learned the chemistry of creating skincare products from her uncle, who was a chemist. She launched her product line in 1946. Today, the company carries on Estee’s tradition of gifts with purchase, elegant packaging and quality skincare products, which customers can buy online or in stores around the world.

• Gift with purchase: Estee Lauder is famous for offering gifts with purchase, which can give consumers a chance to try new products with minimal risk.

• Estee e-list: Sign up for Estee Lauder’s free loyalty program online to start earning points and rewards on every purchase. The program has tiered levels, depending on how much you spend. Even the lowest level receives discounts, free samples, free shipping and a birthday offer, so it’s worth signing up even if you only place one order.

• Luxury skincare: Estee Lauder’s latest skincare line, Re-Nutriv, uses premium products, including South Sea pearls, Black Diamond Truffle extract and 24-karat gold for a luxury experience.

• Free standard shipping: Receive free standard shipping on all products ordered directly from Estee Lauder’s website, no matter the cost. Charges apply for expedited shipping.

• Signature services: Every Estee Lauder counter offers complimentary makeovers and two-minute touch ups. Reservations are a good idea for customers who want a makeover for a wedding or other special occasion.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team