2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

Estee Lauder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Purchased a gift with purchase around Christmas time that included a full size jar. I was excited to try it. I’d been using it for a few days (day & night as per sales person) and then started noticing red patches under my eyes. I basically has burn marks and swelling under my eyes. It’s been a couple of days since I stopped using it and it’s still dry, burnt and painful. All I can apply at this point is Aquaphor. This is a terrible product.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum cover has been the only foundation is able to cover my melasma. The foundation is thick. You only need a small amount to apply. Foundation can dry your skin.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I thought I had found the most beautiful eyeshadow ever, but I was terribly wrong! I had received the “Lily Pulitzer For Estée Lauder Pure Eyeshadow Compact” as a part of a special combo pack when you spend so much money on another of Estée Lauder’s products. It contains 4 shades of eyeshadow, of which I only used one. I must admit, I hung on to this product for a few years before deciding to try it, but there was no expiration date on it, so I figured it was good to try. It went on beautifully—like velvet! I had been applying it for about 2 weeks off & on, meaning: some days I wore eye makeup & other days I wore none. I was so impressed until I had a severe allergic reaction to it!!!

My eyelids & above lids where I place my eyeshadow started turning a rash red, became extremely dry, itchy, burning & peeling! This has been going on 2 weeks now!!! I cannot wear any makeup on my eyes!!! It looks hideous!!! I am so upset!!! I’ve started doctoring it with Vaseline & then tried Neosporin Cream which helped to soften up skin a bit, however all other symptoms are still present & my skin is burning as if I put acid on my eyes!!! I’ve red other Reviews here about Estée Lauder Customers who have experienced the same thing!!!

I noticed when I had received the Estée Lauder Value Pack of goodies, that all of her creams had a very strong chemical odor, so I threw them away! And yes, these were suppose to be fresh products that came with another purchase! I guess I will try Burt Bees Moisturizer or an Oatmeal product as other customer/victims suggested & see if that helps, but honestly—my eyes look so burnt/swollen/red/peeling/ugly & (now creepy—caused by product), that I don’t know if they will ever clear up or if I will ever be able to wear any eye make ever again!!! What has happened to Estée Lauder’s products? Even her Estée Lauder Perfumed Bath Oil is not the same!!! Is there a “group lawsuit” that I can add my name to, because I fear this is going to cost a lot of money to clear up this rash!!! Please advise!!! Thank You!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I had an issue since I purchased an order of moisturizer from Estée Lauder back on Nov 2019. I have used Estee Lauder products for many years and never had an issue until my purchased last November 2019. I got a very bad allergic reaction. Vey dry skin, itchy, red puffy eyes got very swollen the skin around my eyes. Lids were breaking from been so dry. It felt like they had put acid around my eyes. I spend hundreds of dollars going to different doctors not knowing what it was.

My dermatologist told me to stop using the moisturizer I was using from estee lauder (not knowing this was the cause). My problem went away after almost 9 months of treatment and going to doctors, so, I thought I could back to my old moisturizer(not knowing it was the cause). I placed an order a few weeks ago. The dryness came back and the itching and redness around my eyes too. I immediately knew it was the moisturizer I had order from Estee lauder. This product is not good at all anymore. What a shame.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I've been using Estee Lauder's products for a least 14 years so when I had an allergic reaction I though was due to some new make up remover I used. I stopped using it and didn't use anything on my face for few days. Now I started using my usual eye creams and serum and the redness around my eyes is coming back. After reading some of the reviews I guess they changed something and it's their products giving me the reaction.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I have used Estée Lauder skincare for years. The products are good but customer service is not that great. They expire your rewards annually and will not roll them over regardless of when you made the purchase. My anniversary date is 7/6 and I made a large purchase on 6/29 that qualified me for the 20% off coupon. They credited my rewards on 7/1 for the purchase and emailed me the code for my 20% off my next purchase coupon on 7/2. On 7/6 they deactivated my coupon and said it was only good for till 7/6. When I called customer service, the rep. said “how unfortunate for you”. I was only given 72 hours to use it.

I was surprised at the condescending tone of the rep. and lack of respect. I then did a survey about the phone call that was sent to me via email and voiced my disappointment with customer service. I then received a very condescending email from a rep at EL, the email directly implies that I must be illiterate and unable to read the fine print. All I wanted was a reasonable amount of time to use my 20% off coupon. I had just spent over $250 to get the coupon and it expired before I even received the products from the first order. I understand that points expire but the coupon should be valid for at least 30 days before expiring. That’s all I wanted and instead I was treated in a very condescending way.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I have 4 orders from family members that are unable to go out due to pandemic; Estee Lauder assistant was explained several times that I need it to do separate orders so each person could get GWP and Upgrade; order were 1 Resilience Lift Day, 1 Resilience Lift Night, 3.4oz ANR and Resilience Lift Eye; she refused to do it stating that couldn't issue more than 3 GWP per person and only 3 upgrades! Again explained that were for 4 people, offered to do separated transactions, again she refused! I paid almost $500.00. I was not lower myself to keep arguing w her! I paid and left very angry! Now I am looking at the bag and I am returning everything and go to Dillard's to get Items!

Original review: May 11, 2020

I ordered a product during a promotional offer but when I received my order the free bag and items were missing. I have called repeatedly, been on hold for almost 2 hours with no answer. I tried chat multiple times over multiple days, waiting for extended periods of time. No one ever came on the chat. I understand we’re in a pandemic but why don’t they quit emailing offers every day and acting like they’re open when for all intents & purposes they’re closed?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I have used many products as a licensed esthetician, but I have never had a reaction like I did to Estée Lauder’s holiday gift set. Rosacea like breakouts on cheeks, pimples on lips like cold sores and red splotches. I tried taking out the oil then the moisturizer, which helped, but then I went back to using the cleanser which was used for travel only as well as the eye cream- which to the point I thought I needed lower lid surgery. I won’t even pass these on to someone else to see how their skin reacts, because that would be a straight out mean.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

The products are good. If you can get them! The website is ALWAYS experiencing issues. One chat rep will say they can help while the other can't or won't. I don't know what is going on with that site but it's a convenience for some of us who can't get to the store as quick as we'd like. They are teetering on losing my business. Clinique isn't bad.

Estee Lauder author review by ConsumerAffairs

Josephine Ester Mentzer, nicknamed Estee in school, learned the chemistry of creating skincare products from her uncle, who was a chemist. She launched her product line in 1946. Today, the company carries on Estee’s tradition of gifts with purchase, elegant packaging and quality skincare products, which customers can buy online or in stores around the world.

• Gift with purchase: Estee Lauder is famous for offering gifts with purchase, which can give consumers a chance to try new products with minimal risk.

• Estee e-list: Sign up for Estee Lauder’s free loyalty program online to start earning points and rewards on every purchase. The program has tiered levels, depending on how much you spend. Even the lowest level receives discounts, free samples, free shipping and a birthday offer, so it’s worth signing up even if you only place one order.

• Luxury skincare: Estee Lauder’s latest skincare line, Re-Nutriv, uses premium products, including South Sea pearls, Black Diamond Truffle extract and 24-karat gold for a luxury experience.

• Free standard shipping: Receive free standard shipping on all products ordered directly from Estee Lauder’s website, no matter the cost. Charges apply for expedited shipping.

• Signature services: Every Estee Lauder counter offers complimentary makeovers and two-minute touch ups. Reservations are a good idea for customers who want a makeover for a wedding or other special occasion.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team