3.6/5 (681 ratings)

About Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Estee Lauder?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

I am excited and so relieved that I finally found the right product for my face, Big Thanks to ** Samantha at the Fourways Mall in Edgars store. I had just gone to buy Foundation but I ended up buying all that I needed to care for my face and in less than 2 weeks I can see the best results. I am definitely sticking to Estée Lauder Products, Thanks to Samantha **’s kindness and patience explaining how the product works. Even took her time to write notes for me when to use what. Best product and best customer service.

Original review: June 17, 2022

I'm specifically writing about the Loyalty program which has proven to be a ruse! Technically a customer is entitled to a free full size product upon teaching 450 points. The problem is that near unavailability of these supposed products renders this promotion utterly useless. They offer a few items to select, the majority to entirety of which are always out of stock and never seem to get replenished or renewed. So, it's clear that Estee Lauder uses this ruse to encourage the members to spend money just to never fulfill the promised obligation. I wrote to the customer service explaining the situation but never received an answer which to be honest is hardly surprising to me. It's obvious that this company does not commit to any responsibility or accountability towards its customers.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I have been using the Double Wear Foundation for about 3 years now, I buy this product twice a year without fail. The quality of all their make-up products is superior and long-lasting. There are also a wide range of colour shades.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I bought during the 2021 black Friday promotion and it was supposed to come with the micro essence full size 13oz - $200. They replaced it with advanced night eye repair -$66?! Something isn't adding up.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I have been a long time customer of Estee Lauder and in the past everything was great, this year it is like the Service has tanked. I was making an order of personal items and gifts, I contacted the online CS chat because I wanted to add the birthday gift to the order but they had never sent my yearly email, it was long and drawn out but the CS rep Kelly said to place my order and give her the order# and she would add it to my order, after I did that she said it was added, it wasn't! I had also requested the gift wrap as part of it was gifts, did not receive that either.

I contacted the online CS chat again after to inquire about all of this and she just sat there for 10 minutes not saying a word to me after I gave her my info. I finally told her I had dinner reservations for my birthday and simply could not just "sit" there and wait (hope) she would respond. She then said "Thank you" and that the bday gift would be sent at a later time. Nothing suggesting that is the case, no emails no anything. After many years I think I am DONE ordering from them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

ReNutriv moisturizer, $310, works great. But the cellophane wrap is easy to strip and reglue allowing thieves to replace the good stuff with cheap muck and return it for full refund. Customer service doesn't care.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I have been using Estée Lauder double wear for about 2 years now and the last bottle I bought has caused a severe reaction. My skin is extremely itchy and looks burned. I applied neosporin and then it became dry and flaky. I have major burn spots around my chin and nostrils. Even my lips and eyelids burn. I do not know what ingredient they changed but I have to find something else.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I got the eye cream at Christmas. Not long after, I woke up with swollen, red, itchy eyelids and could not figure out what in the world could have caused it. I have used Estee Lauder products for a long time, but not this eye cream. The redness turned to scaly, dry, peeling skin. It persisted until I finally went back to my It Confidence In An Eye Cream the other night - my eyes are fine now. It is horrible that something meant for the eye area would cause what appeared to be chemical burns. I have used eye serums/creams for about 20 years and this has never happened with ANY product before.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Purchased a gift with purchase around Christmas time that included a full size jar. I was excited to try it. I’d been using it for a few days (day & night as per sales person) and then started noticing red patches under my eyes. I basically has burn marks and swelling under my eyes. It’s been a couple of days since I stopped using it and it’s still dry, burnt and painful. All I can apply at this point is Aquaphor. This is a terrible product.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum cover has been the only foundation is able to cover my melasma. The foundation is thick. You only need a small amount to apply. Foundation can dry your skin.

Estee Lauder author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Josephine Ester Mentzer, nicknamed Estee in school, learned the chemistry of creating skincare products from her uncle, who was a chemist. She launched her product line in 1946. Today, the company carries on Estee’s tradition of gifts with purchase, elegant packaging and quality skincare products, which customers can buy online or in stores around the world.

• Gift with purchase: Estee Lauder is famous for offering gifts with purchase, which can give consumers a chance to try new products with minimal risk.

• Estee e-list: Sign up for Estee Lauder’s free loyalty program online to start earning points and rewards on every purchase. The program has tiered levels, depending on how much you spend. Even the lowest level receives discounts, free samples, free shipping and a birthday offer, so it’s worth signing up even if you only place one order.

• Luxury skincare: Estee Lauder’s latest skincare line, Re-Nutriv, uses premium products, including South Sea pearls, Black Diamond Truffle extract and 24-karat gold for a luxury experience.

• Free standard shipping: Receive free standard shipping on all products ordered directly from Estee Lauder’s website, no matter the cost. Charges apply for expedited shipping.

• Signature services: Every Estee Lauder counter offers complimentary makeovers and two-minute touch ups. Reservations are a good idea for customers who want a makeover for a wedding or other special occasion.

Estee Lauder Company Information