3.6/5 (869 ratings)

About Clinique

Clinique Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clinique?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clinique?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I have extreme dry eyes, and Clinique is one of the only makeups that I can use around my eyes. I love their Moisture Surge moisturizer. It has helped with my dry eye also. And my skin has gotten extremely sensitive as I've aged. This really helps with the sensitivity.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Clinique's products last a long time, economic. They are light on the face. I really like their face care product line. The eye makeup remover is my favorite. Leaves your eye feeling clean and not oily.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I don’t know what the ingredients are in this new ID serum but my sister and I both tried it at the same time and we are both having same whole body reactions. It’s the only thing we’ve done differently so the serum is suspect. I have used Clinique products for at least 30 years. I am extremely sensitive to chemicals and don’t know what is in this serum. Also can’t use their mascara. It never dries and stays sticky. Eyes irritated from wearing it. Back to the serum. Had a breakout all over like small blisters and itchy. Both of us had the insides of our mouth and gums become raw and irritated. Has anyone else had a similar thing happen???

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I have recently purchased Clinique beyond perfecting foundation and have broke out. Although it says it’s allergy tested, it contains ingredients that have high rates of causing a skin rash/contact dermatitis. These ingredients are Bismuth Oxychloride and Mica. Clinique products should NOT say allergy tested since it is not true for any of their products. This includes the 72 hour moisture surge which contains Butylene Glycol. This is a misrepresentation of their products. I will never shop at anything related to Clinique again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I have sensitive skin and have been a loyal fan using Clinique products for 50 years. I frequently get compliments on my pretty skin. Yesterday I started a new tube of Clinique High Impact Mascara; mine is always replaced every 3 months. I was completely unaware that at the end of the day I would not be able to remove the application! Previously, the High Impact Mascara was easily removed when washing my face with Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser. Not this time! The mascara was stuck to my lashes! And I was beginning to think it was stuck forever.

I was finally able to remove the mascara with plain Vaseline in a jar. It is of utmost importance for me to have easily removable mascara because I have dry eyes and have torn my cornea three times, so I try to not EVER rub my eyes. This review is a WARNING to all Clinique mascara users: BEWARE! CLINIQUE HIGH IMPACT MASCARA IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO REMOVE!! P.S. I gave the product one star because I am required to put a rating...

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I have used this color “Golden Brandy” for years. It is the perfect color for my skin was discontinued and there is a not similar color made to replace this wonderful color. Please reconsider as I am very disappointed by this development. I use other Clinique products have been very satisfied.

Original review: July 28, 2019

This product I definitely do not recommend. It doesn’t come off your lashes even if you use waterproof cleanser or wipes. And on the bottle of mascara and on the packaging it doesn’t even say it’s waterproof. You literally need to scrub your eyes for this product to come off. It’s shocking.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Not a good company for **. F.Y.I NEVER DO SURVEY QUESTIONS: ONCE YOU DO (MY MISTAKE) Lol they know your race and once they know that.. Like Most people like them it becomes their determining factor, Bad SERVICE. #theyareconsistent

Original review: April 27, 2019

If you have a light hand the foundation is fabulous at covering up all the spots and discoloration on your skin. I get compliments on my flawless skin every time I use it. I use Clinique eye shadow, eye liner, lipstick, etc. Now that Younkers is closed, I'm worried about buying it online. Thankfully a tube of foundation lasts a long time. I'm very careful to not spread bacteria when I get it out of the tube. Younkers makeup coupons for when you bought something in the store made the makeup purchase very affordable.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have used a combination of Clinique skin care and cosmetic products for almost 40 years. I have always liked the pricing, the variety of choices in their skincare line and their cosmetic line. I like their fragrances as well. I particularly enjoy the base make up Even Better Glow, it is light with good coverage and a glow, as promised. I enjoy Clinique's Happy perfume layered with the body cream for a wonderful scent.

Original review: March 22, 2019

This was a terrible experience. I didn't receive my full order as the base makeup was on back order. I waited for 20 minutes to chat with a customer service rep to be told I wouldn't receive my makeup far another two weeks. I've been using Clinique for years, but probably switching to another brand because of this.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Very good product, I have used over twenty-five years and definitely endorse it for daily face cleaning and all your makeup needs. The bottom lash mascara is wonderful. It has a small brush and reaches small lashes and tight corners. A must for makeup application.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Hoping to avoid lines in the Clinique counters located in the malls began ordering online enticed by their rewards program. Been a customer for 20 years. Now with a record 750 points am offerred my product choices which only include travel sized options. Reward details specifically mention full size products offered at various point levels. Calling the rep today and asking - she stated that their website has not yet been updated to include these options - yet is a stated benefit in their reward program! Over it - spent too much - for too long - finding a company that is reputable!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

They missing a full size product in the promo deal. It was including a full-size product in the promo gift as a bonus for ordering over certain amount. I received the order, and they just simply not put the full-size product in the promo gift. I told them about it and they rejected it. I should had screenshot the page of the promo gift before I paid and ordered online. The promo page already gone. So my mood from exciting to wait turn to super disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I visited the Boots in Speke Retail Park in Liverpool 8th December 2018. The Clinique Counter Manager, Olivia did my eye makeup and really natural foundation coverage ready for a Christmas night out. Olivia was so helpful, professional and knowledgeable, I don't usually like full face makeup because it can be too heavy and skin tone has always been mismatched, she did such a lovely job and I received SO many compliments that I had to leave a good review. Thank you so much and Clinique... Olivia is a real asset to your company... Refused to take a tip too, insisting, it's just her job!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I had a little patch of dry skin on my face from using Benzagel which always happens so my mother gave me the Clinique DDM+ to moisturize it. The first day I used it in my dry spot and it didn't seem to do much but I thought it was moisturizing it. Since it is winter I thought about moisturizing only my whole cheek area as my T-Zone is quite oily anyways. I went to bed with it. On the next morning my chin and cheeks itched and the skin in those areas became hard and dry. Not dry enough for flakes to come off but it's so dry and hard. When I smile I get a whole bunch of wrinkles that were never there before.

My skin became a lot less sensitive than it was before, when I touch it it's like a layer of plastic over my skin that I can't get rid of. I used a face mask and bio oil to try to get rid of the dehydrated skin. This is day 3 now and my skin hasn't really shown any improvements. I never should have used this stupid product, I should have just kept with my L'Occitane moisturizer. Now my skin is completely damaged, red, itchy, super dry, hard and wrinkly. I'm only 20 and I really hope this damage is repaired within a couple of weeks at most...

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I just got an email saying the free full size Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ 125ml Bottle from the Cyber Monday deal was cancelled from my order. It says it's unavailable but when I got to Clinique website it's there readily available for purchase. I ordered extra product to qualify for this promotion.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I received an ad in my email that if I ordered $75 I would receive a full-size product for free. I ordered over $90. I selected one of the choices of the full-size product that they offer and it went to my cart showing the costs as zero. When you click check out it disappears from the items purchasing list. I called customer service and I was told that they were out of stock and couldn't do anything about it, even though the ad was only a few hours old. This is the 3rd time in a couple of years that this has happened to me with Clinique.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

The Clinique skin care products I recently bought at Sephora are giving my normal healthy skin terrible rash, redness, itching, burning and all over allergic reaction. I tried the 72 hour moisture surge on my face and also the 3 step (blue for acne) with salicylic acid on my body as a wash (instructions said it can be done) and I am having a terrible reaction. I have never had a bad reaction from cosmetics or hair dye before. I think they should discontinue these products. I am in pain and must take an emergency shower. My arms, legs, face, all are itching. This is a terrible soap. Bad company.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Bad Experience with Quickliner for Eyes Intense: I for have used many of the Clinique products and for the most part have been satisfied, but recently I got the Quickliner for Eyes in the colour Intense Ebony and was very disappointed. It was very hard and would not transfer the color. I tried calling CLINIQUE and they told me to try wiping it as sometimes there is a slight film on it or try warming the product. I did both to no avail and the liner ended up crumbling when I tried to reapply it. CLINIQUE would do nothing about it. I suggested that the product was old and had dried out, but still no customer support. The customer service is very disappointing considering I am a loyal customer. I would think a company as big as Clinique would stand behind their products. So if anyone is thinking about buying this product, try it on your hand before leaving the store to make sure it is not all dried out.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

This product tingles. Didn't think much of it. I now have Erysipelas which is caused by trauma to the face. At first I though I was having an allergic reaction to ** as I had taken 2 for pain (I take absolutely no other medication and rarely take ** or **) when I awoke in the middle of the night with my face on fire and itchy, swollen. I didn't know what was wrong, I then took a ** as I thought it was an allergic reaction. I went to work and it got worse as the day went on. I went to the clinic and was told I have Erysipelas - my research shows this is caused by ‘trauma to the face’ and can take weeks and penicillin to be healed.

I have read the other reviews and I now know for sure that this Clinique clarifying lotion is to blame. Stay away from it! I have never had a reaction to anything like this before, I don't use chemicals or lots of products. I am severely in pain, and disappointed that a product I trusted would leave me looking horrible. Buyer beware. I received this product in the 3 piece ‘gift’ pack with the lotion that is a good product... I think. Maybe I should stop using it as well.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have spent about $750 in Clinique products the past year. Whether you buy from them online or submit receipts for their products you bought elsewhere, you get a point dollar for dollar when you sign up for their Smart Rewards. You are supposed to get free items at different levels starting at 150. They never have the free items in stock!!! You have to be placing an order to get what you EARNED, if it’s available. So keep ordering? I think not. Anniversary gift?

Still out of stock 3 months later. How about those who have anniversaries in the meantime? Points expire on your anniversary even though they can’t fulfill their promise during your year in a timely informed manner. No one is telling you your free stuff is now available- you have to contact them constantly and get nothing for your time (or all your spending as promised. A year I’ve been doing this. It’s not a glitch. They want you to spend away and then oh geez, we’re sorry. Try back soon. Scam. Intentional scam.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have never had an allergic reaction on my face from any products. I switched my foundation from Dior to Clinique with a recommendation from lady at Sephora because it was half the price. We also used the take the day off cleansing balm to take everything off at the store. I woke up next day fine. Put on makeup and then noticed I had major swelling in my face during the day... Later that night I took off Makeup with Clinique, Take The Day Off cream and then the next morning I my face looked like a blown up cabbage patch doll, eyes swollen shut, face super hot and huge... I got steroid shot at urgent care. Took 11 hours for things to simmer down... Then I woke up again this morning and still very swollen on steroids for another 4 days... This has been a crazy ordeal and couldn't go to work yesterday... Awful. Returned all Clinique product I bought.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have sensitive skin and find most brands cause me to develop a rash. Clinique offers a full line of products from cleaning to mascara and a great variety of foundations from barely coverage to heavy.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I love the Clinique Even Better face makeup. I have used it for years. It is creamy and goes on smoothly and give my skin a moist glow. The price for the quality is excellent too.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was reading some of the reviews, and happen to agree that they have changed the formula of some things. I noticed, that the loose powder that I have bought for years, does not feel, or look the same. Plus, I agree with not just Clinique people who like to tell you the color they like. All department store cosmetic people don't know what they are doing. I cannot say how many bottles of foundation that I have thrown away. So, I am looking for another loose powder. Serves you companies right, when you start changing the formulas, and think people won't notice.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I used several Clinique products including several bottles of Toner and Black Diamond eyebrow liner. I developed severe reaction. After contacted the company, I found out Clinique never includes all ingredients on the label. Among these many carcinogen, including a carcinogen called benzophenone, which should be the cause of my bad skin reaction including bleeding, blistering, insomnia. There are people on this website complained about this product for its bad reaction. If you are interested in bringing in a class action. Please contact me. I have filed a lawsuit against Clinique and FDA because in this country there is no clear law to regulate cosmetics. In Europe, benzophenone is clearly and strictly regulated.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Bait and switch marketing on the free gifts... So I’m sitting there at work and I get an email if I spent $28 I’ll get this free gift set. I didn’t need any makeup at the time but my concealer was running low so I thought I’d buy that and find something else to get this free gift set as it looks so darn cute. I clicked the link I had my choice between 2 gift sets- I chose the one I wanted. I then bought $28.83 worth of items which did qualify me for the free gift. But the free gift never came.

When I contacted customer care they said I already had a 15% off discount so I couldn’t get the seven piece set. That went on for three or four emails. Then I finally get somebody higher than that he says I only spent $27. I mean it’s right there on my bank account what I paid. I had free shipping. This is NOT a case where I just got something wrong. By the way this is the second time this is happened to me with Clinique. The makeup isn’t that great. Armani does a much better job with foundation. It cost a little bit more but you’ve got to try it. Anyway this company wouldn’t honor the seven piece free gift set with me and I wanted to share that with everybody so don’t be surprised if it happens to you because I went on their Facebook and it’s happening to a lot of people.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I went in to be matched with a base...the sales associate Nora did not listen to what I wanted or the shade I preferred. She pushed her on product that she wanted on me...which is unprofessional. The base she applied was too light and she would not listen.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have used Clinique Moisturizer since 2000. I genuinely couldn't can't make it through a day without it. I'm almost 50 and I still get asked out by men 10 years younger. I COMPLETELY contribute this to Clinique. Not only does it make my face feel like it absorbed a gallon of water, it isn't greasy and doesn't make my make-up run. This may sound rehearsed but I'm not exaggerating. No cosmetic surgery. ALL Clinique. I'm pretty proud divulging my age!

Clinique Company Information