3.6/5 (868 ratings)

About Clinique

Clinique Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clinique?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clinique?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I have gotten several items for purchase at the makeup counter and they seem to have items that I like and to try different products that they have and to see what I like to get there.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I've been buying Clinique for nearly 30 years and my favorite time was Clinique bonus time. Whether I need anything at the moment I always bought something so I could get the gift but the gift has gone downhill severely over the past few years. I've barely been getting any Clinique because it's just not worth it. I see they're trying to upgrade it to how the new makeup standard is but the bonus barely comes with anything in it anymore just a bunch of stupid crap.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Hypoallergenic! The only makeup I am able to use on my sensitive skin. I love the colors of lipstick and eye shadow. Their High Impact mascara is the BEST!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Ordered 2 occasions. Card charged for FULL order. Both times only one item in stock, I’d get the items shipped when avail. Weeks passed never came. Called to get a refund. CS Rep in hurry & was very rude.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I’ve used the 3 step system for years as well as other Clinique moisturizers but in the last year my face has been swelling up and turning bright red and itchy- I had to go to the ER and get an IV of antibiotics. They kept thinking I was getting an infection or an allergic reaction and didn’t know so I’ve been basically on antibiotics in and off for one year. I noticed it always happens at night before bed. This would be after I use the clarifying lotion and other products by Clinique -I didn’t for the life of me think it was my Clinique products since I’ve been using them for years but after eliminating everything - and that really being the only thing that makes sense I went to the web and looked up reviews and can see where several people have said that Clinique cleansing and clarifying products gave them erysipelas - this last experience left a bright red butterfly shaped itchy burning rash on my face- it was scary looking.

They gave me an IV of antibiotics And I continued taking the ** I was given and the rash was gone by the next day- most the swelling has disappeared - they tested my blood for everything and I even did an ANA test and covid - everything was negative - my blood work looked great and I appeared healthy. I was given a prescription for topical steroids- After the emergency Visit my derm squeezed me in, took a look of my videos and photos and said it could be an allergic reaction and also looked like eczema and he gave me an even stronger steroid cream-told me to finish the **- he asked me “what are you putting on your face?!?” Let’s be clear. I don’t leave my condo- I don’t wear makeup these days at all - the only thing I’ve been putting on my face is the Clinique three step products - I talked to another doctor and they said to throw away all my Clinique products and any facial brushes.

$$$$ down the drain — I need to put this out there in case anyone else is experiencing this sort of thing - because if you have used a product for years then all of a sudden got a negative reaction on your face you wouldn’t assume it to be your trusted skin products - I think putting on their face lotion and using their toner then occasionally putting on a mask just made it even worse. - Now I’m sitting here with dry skin that is peeling - and afraid to put any lotion or anything on it - so scary-.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I purchased an E gift card. Our credit card was charged. When I called customer service to get it resolved, I was told to go to another business to purchase the card. They could not help me. RUDE rep.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I have been looking for something like Clinique for years. My skin has never felt and looked this beautiful since I purchased a few of their skincare products which lead to me getting pretty much everything they have on their line lol! Thank you so much Clinique. I seriously don’t know what I’d do if I had to live without you again!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

About two months ago, I placed an order through Clinique's website. The expected discount did not apply so I called and canceled and got confirmation it canceled. Then two days later I got an email the canceled order shipped and I was charged for it, as well as the second, proper order I placed. Then, because they use the worst shipping service in the world, neither package arrived for over a month. I was told by customer service on the phone to keep the one I paid for, as well as a free reship as an apology for the delay in arrival. They then refused to credit me for the package that never arrived, costing me $120. I will never buy from Clinique again. Hands down the worst customer service of my life.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I purchased Clinique ID yourself Jell from Macy's online, and plan to ask for a refund. The mixture made my skin burn and feel tight. I tried it a few more days to see if it would get better. It still burns, feels sticky, and now I'm noticing a sort of rash kind of bumps. I have always been a Lancome user, but decided to try something different. I'm 63 years old, and haven't experienced such a reaction from skincare. I will not purchase Clinique again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I placed an order online but never received the items. The UPS tracking status shows the package was damaged during the shipment and it was returned to the shipper. I have contacted their customer service 8 times about the refund in the past 50 days. They kept telling me that the refund has been sent to Paypal (the original method of the payment). However, I never see the refund in my Paypal account. When I contacted Paypal, they told me Paypal has not received the refund from this merchant. At this point, I don't whether Clinique or Paypal lies. Based on my past experience, both companies are suck, have no credibility.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have been using Clinique superpowder for years now and used to be very pleased with the results. As soon as the packaging changed this year, (no more green square case if you were wondering) the quality is so much worse, I cannot describe. No more coverage, my skin looks dry and old as soon as I put the powder on and it leaves a white dusty film, as if I put flour on my face. I even bought a second one, just to make sure. Clinique quality is just not the same anymore. I will definitely shift to another company.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Clinique's rewards program expires once a year and you don't know that without reading pages of info. on the program. I had over 600 points and they only let you pick one item with a maximum value of 350 points. The rest of the points are lost. It's such a crappy program. Why have a program at all if you're going to set it up that way. Why not tell people when they put an order in each time that they qualify for a gift of a certain number of points. They need to get their program revamped. It's underhanded and just makes customers angry and feeling ripped off. We're already paying top dollar for their products. Don't even offer a program if that's the way you're going to run it.

You want a customer to be excited they got a free sample for being a regular customer, not dangle a carrot and then take it away. If you earned points from purchases why not give them to the customer without them having to be an expert on how you run your specific program. That's extremely bad merchandising. Good way to lose a customer. I'm definitely looking into other products instead.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

The one star has nothing to do with the quality of Clinique's products. I am frustrated by their FREQUENT DISCONTINUATION OF FAVORITE FOUNDATIONS. They discontinued both Repairwear Anti-Aging SPF 15 and Workout Make-Up foundations. These had excellent reviews on many sites and NONE of their replacements have offered the same coverage. I have stopped purchasing the Clinique brand because of this continual shuffling of products. I have written and phoned and never receive an explanation.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Ordered make up and when it came it was just the free items not the actual order I placed, so I called the customer service line to find where my make up was and the lady was rude. No apology. In fact she argued the whole time on the phone with me about everything I said. I asked to speak to a manager, she would not let me. She put me on hold on and off and the entire conversation took an hour to have. At the end of it she was sending me the items not received, and they would over night it. It has been a week later and nothing has come. I will never order directly from the Clinique site again over this experience. I do love their product, and have ordered for YEARS with them, but I will use a third party from now on after this experience.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I love Clinique for their foundation. I have red skin and their redness relief foundation is the best and I don't know many other companies that have that type of foundation. I wish you got more for your money though as it can be expensive and I go through it quicker than other companies. I also like the Clinique workers who are always helpful and good at knowing your skin and what you need.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Clinique has done a really nice job of expanding its product lines to accommodate sensitive and "older" skin. I love the new line of moisture surge and more than moisture. It feels so nice on the skin and keeps it soft and subtle all day and overnight. Highly recommend this line. Hate the Happy cologne though. They need to stop making it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Always a high-quality product, regardless of which product. You pay more, but you can see the difference in your face! I am usually sensitive to products for the face, but my skin does not react in the least to Clinique products.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I love Clinique touch base in canvas, it is a great primer for your eye makeup. It goes on smoothly and doesn’t cause any creasing, your eye shadow goes on very easily and stays put for up to 24 hours. It come in a tube or a compact, the tube has more shimmer than the compact.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I am using these products since over 10 years they have high quality, nice feeling on the skin and no toxic ingredients. I also found the prices being acceptable, however, some discounts would be very welcome.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I am 59 years old and don't even have a smile line on my face! I used to work in the cosmetics industry before I became a nurse; and the one thing I learned more than anything in keeping your skin youthful is exfoliation. I have used the exfoliative products from Clinique (primarily the Clarifying Lotions-- I primarily have used Clarifying Lotion 2 since my oily younger years when I used Clarifying Lotion 3) and my skin is smooth and flawless of lines due to the principle of exfoliation that Clinique ascribes. Clinique is second to none in their products and no one can believe my age!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I have been using Clinique for many years. I have Rosacea and the Clinique have controlled my problem for many years. Everything that I use for my skin treatment is the best. My Mother In Law used Clinique till she passed away at 100. Her skin looked like a Forty-Year-old and hardly any wrinkles. I always say stay with what you believe in, never change.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Clinique products have always been my "go-to" brand as far as any kind of cosmetics. The company is solid and stands behind all their products. Their products are excellent, always a great value plus plenty of promotions customers can participate in. In the many decades I have used Clinique I can't ever remember being disappointed in their products. I have tried many cosmetics from Amazon but always came back to Clinique.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

For hypoallergenic sources, this is a great brand. Have sensitive skin and allergies, never suffered any adverse effects from any of their products which I've used for over 10 years. Sufficient shades to suit all skin types and complexions.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I love their Dramatically Different Moisturizer -- have used it for years. Wish they would bring back the bottle without the pump as I found that much easier to use. Their lipsticks are quite nice, too.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Love Clinique products. Very good for sensitive skin. Find that some of their products are a little pricey but good. Their creams do a good job on your skin. Mascara really lasts. I guess if you want the best you have to pay for it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

First of all their product is a quality product. Their colors are current and up-to-date with the seasons and current fashion. Their product is light but enduring. They cover full range of colors for skin and eyes. They give an ample amount of product given ample amount of in each purchase and their cost is competitive, it's not the highest and it's not the lowest I believe, it's a little bit on the high-end but I don't mind paying for a good clean makeup that I put on my face.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Clinique products are always consistent and dependable. Clean packaging even though they haven't changed the look of their packaging for decades. They have the classic lipstick shades like Black Honey and they did listen to their customers when it was discontinued and then brought back.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I was introduced to Clinique by mother in law close to 20 years ago. I loved it so much that I went to work for them. Their products are clean and simple and their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion is one of the best, longest-lasting moisturizers out there. Their eye shadow, foundation, and mascara have so many options - from bright and bold to simple and sweet. The prices are higher than some cosmetics but it is worth it because they stay on and the product lasts a long time.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I've used Clinique cosmetics for 40 years and I always loved the results of the product from bath soaps to eyeliner. I wish I could still afford this brand but I am now older and no longer working so I can't really find any extra money to spend on cosmetics.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I have extreme dry eyes, and Clinique is one of the only makeups that I can use around my eyes. I love their Moisture Surge moisturizer. It has helped with my dry eye also. And my skin has gotten extremely sensitive as I've aged. This really helps with the sensitivity.

Clinique Company Information