3.76/5

183 Clinique Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

They missing a full size product in the promo deal. It was including a full-size product in the promo gift as a bonus for ordering over certain amount. I received the order, and they just simply not put the full-size product in the promo gift. I told them about it and they rejected it. I should had screenshot the page of the promo gift before I paid and ordered online. The promo page already gone. So my mood from exciting to wait turn to super disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I had a little patch of dry skin on my face from using Benzagel which always happens so my mother gave me the Clinique DDM+ to moisturize it. The first day I used it in my dry spot and it didn't seem to do much but I thought it was moisturizing it. Since it is winter I thought about moisturizing only my whole cheek area as my T-Zone is quite oily anyways. I went to bed with it. On the next morning my chin and cheeks itched and the skin in those areas became hard and dry. Not dry enough for flakes to come off but it's so dry and hard. When I smile I get a whole bunch of wrinkles that were never there before.

My skin became a lot less sensitive than it was before, when I touch it it's like a layer of plastic over my skin that I can't get rid of. I used a face mask and bio oil to try to get rid of the dehydrated skin. This is day 3 now and my skin hasn't really shown any improvements. I never should have used this stupid product, I should have just kept with my L'Occitane moisturizer. Now my skin is completely damaged, red, itchy, super dry, hard and wrinkly. I'm only 20 and I really hope this damage is repaired within a couple of weeks at most...

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I just got an email saying the free full size Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ 125ml Bottle from the Cyber Monday deal was cancelled from my order. It says it's unavailable but when I got to Clinique website it's there readily available for purchase. I ordered extra product to qualify for this promotion.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I received an ad in my email that if I ordered $75 I would receive a full-size product for free. I ordered over $90. I selected one of the choices of the full-size product that they offer and it went to my cart showing the costs as zero. When you click check out it disappears from the items purchasing list. I called customer service and I was told that they were out of stock and couldn't do anything about it, even though the ad was only a few hours old. This is the 3rd time in a couple of years that this has happened to me with Clinique.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

The Clinique skin care products I recently bought at Sephora are giving my normal healthy skin terrible rash, redness, itching, burning and all over allergic reaction. I tried the 72 hour moisture surge on my face and also the 3 step (blue for acne) with salicylic acid on my body as a wash (instructions said it can be done) and I am having a terrible reaction. I have never had a bad reaction from cosmetics or hair dye before. I think they should discontinue these products. I am in pain and must take an emergency shower. My arms, legs, face, all are itching. This is a terrible soap. Bad company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clinique?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Bad Experience with Quickliner for Eyes Intense: I for have used many of the Clinique products and for the most part have been satisfied, but recently I got the Quickliner for Eyes in the colour Intense Ebony and was very disappointed. It was very hard and would not transfer the color. I tried calling CLINIQUE and they told me to try wiping it as sometimes there is a slight film on it or try warming the product. I did both to no avail and the liner ended up crumbling when I tried to reapply it. CLINIQUE would do nothing about it. I suggested that the product was old and had dried out, but still no customer support. The customer service is very disappointing considering I am a loyal customer. I would think a company as big as Clinique would stand behind their products. So if anyone is thinking about buying this product, try it on your hand before leaving the store to make sure it is not all dried out.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

This product tingles. Didn't think much of it. I now have Erysipelas which is caused by trauma to the face. At first I though I was having an allergic reaction to ** as I had taken 2 for pain (I take absolutely no other medication and rarely take ** or **) when I awoke in the middle of the night with my face on fire and itchy, swollen. I didn't know what was wrong, I then took a ** as I thought it was an allergic reaction. I went to work and it got worse as the day went on. I went to the clinic and was told I have Erysipelas - my research shows this is caused by ‘trauma to the face’ and can take weeks and penicillin to be healed.

I have read the other reviews and I now know for sure that this Clinique clarifying lotion is to blame. Stay away from it! I have never had a reaction to anything like this before, I don't use chemicals or lots of products. I am severely in pain, and disappointed that a product I trusted would leave me looking horrible. Buyer beware. I received this product in the 3 piece ‘gift’ pack with the lotion that is a good product... I think. Maybe I should stop using it as well.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have spent about $750 in Clinique products the past year. Whether you buy from them online or submit receipts for their products you bought elsewhere, you get a point dollar for dollar when you sign up for their Smart Rewards. You are supposed to get free items at different levels starting at 150. They never have the free items in stock!!! You have to be placing an order to get what you EARNED, if it’s available. So keep ordering? I think not. Anniversary gift?

Still out of stock 3 months later. How about those who have anniversaries in the meantime? Points expire on your anniversary even though they can’t fulfill their promise during your year in a timely informed manner. No one is telling you your free stuff is now available- you have to contact them constantly and get nothing for your time (or all your spending as promised. A year I’ve been doing this. It’s not a glitch. They want you to spend away and then oh geez, we’re sorry. Try back soon. Scam. Intentional scam.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have never had an allergic reaction on my face from any products. I switched my foundation from Dior to Clinique with a recommendation from lady at Sephora because it was half the price. We also used the take the day off cleansing balm to take everything off at the store. I woke up next day fine. Put on makeup and then noticed I had major swelling in my face during the day... Later that night I took off Makeup with Clinique, Take The Day Off cream and then the next morning I my face looked like a blown up cabbage patch doll, eyes swollen shut, face super hot and huge... I got steroid shot at urgent care. Took 11 hours for things to simmer down... Then I woke up again this morning and still very swollen on steroids for another 4 days... This has been a crazy ordeal and couldn't go to work yesterday... Awful. Returned all Clinique product I bought.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was reading some of the reviews, and happen to agree that they have changed the formula of some things. I noticed, that the loose powder that I have bought for years, does not feel, or look the same. Plus, I agree with not just Clinique people who like to tell you the color they like. All department store cosmetic people don't know what they are doing. I cannot say how many bottles of foundation that I have thrown away. So, I am looking for another loose powder. Serves you companies right, when you start changing the formulas, and think people won't notice.

Clinique Company Information