2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5

Clinique Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clinique?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clinique?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I love Clinique for their foundation. I have red skin and their redness relief foundation is the best and I don't know many other companies that have that type of foundation. I wish you got more for your money though as it can be expensive and I go through it quicker than other companies. I also like the Clinique workers who are always helpful and good at knowing your skin and what you need.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I am 59 years old and don't even have a smile line on my face! I used to work in the cosmetics industry before I became a nurse; and the one thing I learned more than anything in keeping your skin youthful is exfoliation. I have used the exfoliative products from Clinique (primarily the Clarifying Lotions-- I primarily have used Clarifying Lotion 2 since my oily younger years when I used Clarifying Lotion 3) and my skin is smooth and flawless of lines due to the principle of exfoliation that Clinique ascribes. Clinique is second to none in their products and no one can believe my age!

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Clinique products have always been my "go-to" brand as far as any kind of cosmetics. The company is solid and stands behind all their products. Their products are excellent, always a great value plus plenty of promotions customers can participate in. In the many decades I have used Clinique I can't ever remember being disappointed in their products. I have tried many cosmetics from Amazon but always came back to Clinique.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

First of all their product is a quality product. Their colors are current and up-to-date with the seasons and current fashion. Their product is light but enduring. They cover full range of colors for skin and eyes. They give an ample amount of product given ample amount of in each purchase and their cost is competitive, it's not the highest and it's not the lowest I believe, it's a little bit on the high-end but I don't mind paying for a good clean makeup that I put on my face.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I was introduced to Clinique by mother in law close to 20 years ago. I loved it so much that I went to work for them. Their products are clean and simple and their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion is one of the best, longest-lasting moisturizers out there. Their eye shadow, foundation, and mascara have so many options - from bright and bold to simple and sweet. The prices are higher than some cosmetics but it is worth it because they stay on and the product lasts a long time.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I purchased an E gift card. Our credit card was charged. When I called customer service to get it resolved, I was told to go to another business to purchase the card. They could not help me. RUDE rep.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I have been looking for something like Clinique for years. My skin has never felt and looked this beautiful since I purchased a few of their skincare products which lead to me getting pretty much everything they have on their line lol! Thank you so much Clinique. I seriously don’t know what I’d do if I had to live without you again!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

About two months ago, I placed an order through Clinique's website. The expected discount did not apply so I called and canceled and got confirmation it canceled. Then two days later I got an email the canceled order shipped and I was charged for it, as well as the second, proper order I placed. Then, because they use the worst shipping service in the world, neither package arrived for over a month. I was told by customer service on the phone to keep the one I paid for, as well as a free reship as an apology for the delay in arrival. They then refused to credit me for the package that never arrived, costing me $120. I will never buy from Clinique again. Hands down the worst customer service of my life.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I purchased Clinique ID yourself Jell from Macy's online, and plan to ask for a refund. The mixture made my skin burn and feel tight. I tried it a few more days to see if it would get better. It still burns, feels sticky, and now I'm noticing a sort of rash kind of bumps. I have always been a Lancome user, but decided to try something different. I'm 63 years old, and haven't experienced such a reaction from skincare. I will not purchase Clinique again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I placed an order online but never received the items. The UPS tracking status shows the package was damaged during the shipment and it was returned to the shipper. I have contacted their customer service 8 times about the refund in the past 50 days. They kept telling me that the refund has been sent to Paypal (the original method of the payment). However, I never see the refund in my Paypal account. When I contacted Paypal, they told me Paypal has not received the refund from this merchant. At this point, I don't whether Clinique or Paypal lies. Based on my past experience, both companies are suck, have no credibility.

Clinique author review by ConsumerAffairs

Clinique revolutionized skincare with their 1968 debut of their now iconic three-step skincare system, which was the first marketed skincare regiment to be created by a dermatologist, allergy-tested and 100 percent fragrance-free beauty product collection. Today, the company sells their products worldwide and online.

• Clinique for men: Clinique’s special line of men’s skincare includes shave cream, aloe shave gel, post-shave soother, cleansing and toning products. These are specifically designed for men’s skin. Buy them separately or as a set.

• The Wink: Read up on the latest in wellness, makeup and lifestyle news on The Wink, available on Clinique’s website. Learn makeup tips and tricks from the experts, and discover the answers to all your makeup related questions in The Wink’s index.

• Online foundation finder: Use Clinique’s handy wizard to determine which foundation is best for your skin tone. You’ll quickly receive recommendations on which foundation works best for your skin along with additional products that can complete your skincare routine.

• Power couples: Clinique’s online “power couples” section gives consumers the best skin care and makeup combinations to match their skin needs. Choose from acne, hydration, lifting/firming, redness or uneven skin tone.

• Allergy tested: Clinique is dedicated to creating allergen-free makeup and skincare products. They formulate their products without any known allergens, and then test each product 12 times on 600 people. They start over if one or more tests results in an allergic reaction.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team