bareMinerals

bareMinerals Reviews

3.9/5 (156 ratings)

About bareMinerals Reviews

bareMinerals Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about bareMinerals?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about bareMinerals?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Attempted to place an order on their website. Each attempt resulted in an error message stating there was an issue with my card. Believing I had made an error in inputting my information, I attempted to place this order four times with different cards. All cards are showing these charges, but the customer service department (phone and chat) show no orders placed or pending. Just, “oh, those charges won’t go through. Don’t worry.” So basically, bareMinerals is either scamming individual customers, or holding our money, all the while earning interest on it, as a scam to our credit card companies. DO NOT attempt to purchase from this site. Better yet, stop buying their products all together so we can stop this business from continuing their unethical practices.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

I placed an order. Transaction went through. No confirmation email for the order contacted customer service. They said no order was placed. I didn't get any further. They just told me I would get my money back in 7 days. No help whatsoever. It was issues are their end and they wouldn't help me because they knew they were in the wrong. Don't waste your time. It's not worth it.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2022

Purchased foundation online, first time because it was on sales. Horrible experience, received order confirmation but for over a week no shipping notification. Finally checked order status, no tracking number provided but status showed shipped. Emailed customer service, 48 hours later still waiting for a reply. The foundation is good but customer service is the worst. DO NOT ORDER FROM THE WEBSITE! What a shame.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I placed an order on May 22. About a week later an email arrived my order was cancelled. Called customer service and the first representative had no clue why the order was cancelled and spent over a half hour on the line. The second customer service representative said the order was cancelled because an item was no longer available and she placed my order again with a different item that was in stock. Waited and waited for this order to arrive. It never arrived and never received a shipping confirmation but was told I had to wait 10 days of FedEx showing the shipment has not moved before I could have a replacement order. Fedex confirmed a label was created but the COMPANY NEVER gave FedEx the order.

After the 10 days BareMinerals representative ordered a replacement order. I received a confirmation this order would ship June 13. No confirmation came again with tracking number so on June 16 I called a BareMinerals customer service rep again and they informed me this order is also lost and at this point would issue me a credit. Apparently this company has gone down the drain because I have ordered with them for years but will no longer waste my time. There are several other Mineral makeup available now and I will either find another or order my products from a company like Sephora. It seems insane a company could lose an order twice for the same person.

Original review: April 20, 2021

I have been purchasing BareMinerals for years. I shopped at their boutiques (before they closed them) so much that the staff knew me by name. I love the product... Love, love, love it! But their customer service and the FAB rewards program is HORRIBLE! I am on my third account because it will not give me rewards -- the company has had me close 2 and reopen them, but after a few short months, it breaks again.

Good luck getting anyone in customer service to help you... I get the following when I call: "You have to spend $36 more to earn a reward" (yes, it's said that for over 2 years and my history shows I've never earned a reward, although my order history shows I spend regularly). "No manager is available to call you right now, but someone will call you back within 24 hours" (Never, NEVER get a phone call back). "We will let our IT department know this problem exists" (It's never been fixed!). While I would recommend their product to anyone, I will tell you to stay away, because their customer service is severely broken!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I used other high end products for years but developed an allergic reaction to something in them. My dermatologist confirmed a product allergy. I switched to Bare Minerals full skin care line and my pimples were gone within one week. I watched my skin get clearer, smoother, improved texture, reduced pore size and feels amazing. I would highly recommend these natural, pure products.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

BareMinerals is a great company that I have used for years. I did find a better product that is less drying on my older skin, so I did switch this year BUT I recommend it to all younger people.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I love the feel and look of BM. I love the pigment in the eye shadows, the consultants are so helpful. The brushes are very low quality.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I really only like to put chemical free cosmetics on my face/body. This makeup does not give me any type of side effect and/or makes me break out. I also like the way it makes my face glow.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Easy to apply, great color choices, inexpensive, readily available, loves that I can uses both powder and/or cream. Been using these products for years! Never an issue with allergies and they last!

bareMinerals author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

bareMinerals has been dedicated to creating and selling makeup made from only natural ingredients since 1976. The minerals in their makeup help your skin soften, smooth and revitalize. Consumers can find BareMinerals by Bare Escentuals online and at select retailers that sell prestige makeup products.

• Natural: bareMinerals cosmetics are made with natural ingredients, including essential minerals that can improve the look of your natural skin over time.

• Animal friendly: bareMinerals does not test on animals, and they do not harm animals when they make their brushes from goat and pony hair. They offer synthetic brushes for customers who do not want to buy brushes made with animal materials.

• bareMinerals club: Perfect for regular makeup wearers, the bareMinerals club automatically sends a box of your selected makeup straight to your door. Choose your frequency, ranging from one box every month to one box every six months, and cancel at any time. You will also get added perks and discounts, including a surprise for your birthday and random surprises in every box.

• Resources: Find videos, articles and more under the “learn” section on bareMinerals’ website. All videos are available for free and provide useful information on products and ingredients along with tips and tutorials.

• Free shipping on orders $50 and more: Standard shipping on orders $50 or more is always free. Shipping costs on other orders can be easily determined on bareMinerals’ website and ranges from $3.95 to $6.95 for standard delivery.

bareMinerals Company Information