3.24/5
Based on 33 reviews that contain star ratings

bareMinerals Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

33 bareMinerals Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My debit card was declined on a purchase, removed and inserted credit card. By the time my credit card was approved bareMinerals also DEDUCTED

the same purchase. This was done in a matter of 10 SECONDS. They refused to refund me saying it is the bank's problem. Went to bank and they said the money went into bareMinerals account. Called customer service and they said it should drop within 5-7 days. This happened on Oct. 26, 2018 and as of today Nov. 21, 2018 bareMinerals still will not refund my MONEY. Looks like it's time for me to file a complaint with the attorney office. BEWARE when you use a debit card and always check your transactions. WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I have been using the Bareskin foundation for years and really like it so I decided to order some of their eyeshadow palettes online. The colors when I received them were not as they appeared on the website and too shiny so I just returned them without even using them. I confirmed from tracking that my return was received on Nov 8 but after two phone calls and almost 10 days they still have not processed my credit and say that it will be another 5 business days for processing. I don't have any confidence at this point that they will even meet that deadline, as they had already promised to "fast track" my refund days ago and nothing has been done yet. The last agent I spoke with would not even let me speak to a supervisor when I asked to!

I will also mention that I followed the return instructions on their website exactly as outlined and nowhere did it state that you had to call first to start the return process. It just said to pack the items and include the packing slip and mail back to the address provided, which I did (and I even included a copy of the order). I didn't find out until my first phone call about my credit that there was another step not mentioned in their instructions. I told them they needed to update their website with ALL of the steps needed, as that is not mentioned anywhere.

This is the worst return process I have ever seen, and I order online a lot from many stores. Most online merchants I order from will issue a credit within a day or two of receiving my return at their warehouse and will notify me by email right away that they have issued a credit, so I'm not sure why Bare Minerals 10 days later still cannot issue a credit when they have confirmed it was indeed received in their warehouse on Nov 8th.

I will never make the mistake of ordering from the Bare Minerals website again and will just purchase what I need from Ulta or other stores where returns are handled in a professional and prompt manner. I had expected a lot more from Bare Minerals, but this has been a very time-consuming and disappointing process that I don't wish to repeat.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I returned at my cost a lip kit I bought in August. They received the return on the 30th. I emailed on Sept 10 because they still didn't process it. Amazingly it was processed on the 11th before they answered my email on the 12th. During this time I sent back the starter kit because it was the wrong color they emailed a postage paid label. I have already received my refund for the starter kit on PayPal account. It took only 5 days for the refund and they received the product back over a week after the lip kit was delivered.

I love tracking. I still have not received the refund they are now blaming pay pal, say it could take 30 - 60 days for PayPal to process it. Mind you the other refund also went to PayPal. The items were part of the same order. They must be some complete morons at bareMinerals trying to pull a fast one when I have proof it clearly isn't PayPal holding my refund they are refusing to pay out. I have no product and I am out money. The product was horrible by the way. Do not buy from bareMinerals directly. Better yet don't buy bareMinerals. There are much better products out there.

Original review: March 23, 2018

All I have to say is if you chat with customer service on their website cross your fingers that you get Diane. She's the only one that I found to be helpful. I went through three different agents to finally get a good one but Diane was the biggest help and actually understood what I was trying to say and listened to my concerns about my order.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I loved this App (Bare Minerals M2F App). It's exactly what I needed, because I don't have time to shop for makeup a lot, I found this App in a #contest on @influenster in a #ad, I love the fact that this can scan my face and pick the perfect foundation every time! BRAVO, BARE MINERALS???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about bareMinerals?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

It is clear that the sales associate didn't put 2 gift cards that I purchased into my bag because when I went into the bag to take out the products and gift cards for my children Christmas Day, they were nowhere to be found. The day after Christmas I called the store to ask if someone had come across the gift cards, so I can come pick them up, I was told no one found any gift cards and that they would call corporate to see if there is something they can do for me. Corporate used the manager in the store to tell me that they wouldn't do anything for me, so I would basically have to eat the $100 but they recommended that I call my bank and ask them to refund the $100. Long story short, they were keeping my money and if I wanted my money back, my bank should give it back to me. They do not care about their customers, they clearly only care about the almighty dollar.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I have been ordering from bareMinerals for a few yrs now. I love their products but I found another site and started ordering from them just because the shipping takes so long. I ordered two days ago and paid an extra $8 just so it would get here faster, but it still hasn't even left the facility yet. I ordered from that "other" site after and it's already on its way and will be here tomorrow. It just annoys me to pay the extra for faster shipping and it's been two days and my order isn't on its way yet. Other than that, I do love bareMinerals makeup and skincare items though, but the shipping problem is a problem for me.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Everyone kept telling me to try this product so I ordered it and couldn't wait to try it. It's a waste of money! No coverage at all, made my face look cakey, cost too much. Not satisfied. But what I did like is the concealer which is why I'm giving it two stars but that's the only reason because the foundation and powder is not worth the money.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have been a long time customer for around 10 years. I always bought online until this summer. I went to the Roanoke VA mall store. I had a good tan so I needed all new colors. Did makeup consultants stop applying makeup for customers? I went in within makeup on purpose so she could help me. I had to ask her three times to help me choose and she handed me the brush for concealer and foundation. It wasn't busy. No-one else was there but the other consultant. I tried to blend it but the colors weren't matching up. With attitude she got me tissues to wipe it off. Then picked better colors and quickly applied to half my face! I had to finish it myself.

I told her I needed not only foundation and concealer but mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick. She was pushing the upsell with two different bags. I said yes I would take them all but needed help with lip color. I never bought the lipstick before and they had so many variations. She said, "OH DO YOU MIND IF I HELP THAT LADY THAT CAME IN AND I'LL BE BACK?" Of course I said tidbit I wasn't happy. She never came back after 15 mins so I found it myself but I had to use my own Q-tips to test because again she never came back. Disappointed was an understatement. I also want to mention the mascara was defective and dried out after 3 weeks. But after that encounter I didn't want to go back. I spent $155 that day and only did because of the brand. I hadn't used any other in so long I didn't Know what else to do. I took my teen daughter that day so we could spend a nice day together for my birthday and she ruined it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I use the concealers, eye shadows, and blushes. The concealer is the best I have ever used for covering up dark circles under the eye. The eye shadows come in a variety of beautiful colors and stay on all day. Also, the blushes blend evenly and like the eye shadows stay on all day.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I had been wanting to try bareMinerals for a long time, I just couldn't afford it. The commercial made it look so incredible. I finally got my chance to try it and I was so disappointed. It doesn't cover nothing like the advertisement suggests. I still have 3/4 of a container still sitting at home in my makeup drawer.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I received a free sample of BareMinerals Skinsorials Vital Power Infusion with a purchase of makeup. I wanted to know the ingredients on the label. I entered BareMinerals website and found the ingredients. I went to EWG's Skin Deep website to enter the ingredients in their cosmetics database. EWG gave this item a score of 6 for highly moderate hazard to humans. It was low in Cancer and Development and Reproductive Toxicity and highly moderate in Allergies and Immunotoxicity. Because of this score and reasons, I chose not to use this item.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Recently I went into a local store to purchase a bareMinerals concealer. The samples that were presented were a generous size. I did not check the oz on the sample because the box for the actual product was similar in size to the sample. When I got home and opened the box, the product is 2/3 of the size of the sample and has a deceiving blank space created by a cardboard divider. Had I realized this I would NOT HAVE PURCHASED.07 oz of BAREMINERALS CORRECTING CONCEALER FOR $21.00.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I like the products. They work well with my skin. The products are great, but the company's service and price doesn't always seem great. I never buy directly from bareMinerals because customer service just seems lacking.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

These are great products and they work great, but there are not many products in the line, like those in Lancome or Chanel, or even Avon or MAC. Otherwise this is my favorite brand of cosmetics. I have weird skin, sometimes it's hardy as a pioneer and some days you look at it wrong and it will break out. Whatever my skin is doing, I can put on the Bare Mineral foundation, and it feels light and airy on my skin and hides all my imperfections and makes me look like I have great skin. I can wear it all day and have even SLEPT in this foundation, and I get up the next day and wash my face and my face feels better than when I put the makeup on. The coverage is wonderful and it's just a great product.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Good product but pricey. Bare Minerals were made with minerals. I have chronic kidney disease. I have to stay away from chemicals. I also like to choose products that are cruelty free. I like the coverage only issue is for people with dry skin. I mix small amount of argon oil with my primer before I put on my powder. That helps.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I have found this to be the best product for my skin, not sinking into fine lines and a more flawless look. Try others but always go back. Doesn't clog my pores and I LOVE the new BarePro Performance Wear powder. Keep coming out with these great products.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Works and looks GREAT. I am in my 60's. This makeup does not settle in lines. This makeup looks flawless if put on correctly. It covers flaws very well. I always get compliments on how my skin looks. This makeup does not get on your clothes or phone like liquid makeup does.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

They have good product but no specials for a auto order or start up trial ever seen. They have a expensive product to start up. If it was a good package with all I needed included I'd order it more. I hate wearing makeup at my age and disabled you don't go as many places. Since I don't ever receive special offers I haven't bought new makeup in over a year. Their makeup is the only kind I'll wear. I still wear it but only when it's a special time. I'd wear it every day if they'd give me a awesome deal.

I'd like to look great on this Thursday morning. I need powder, blush powder eyewear, gloss, mascara with moisture too. My skin is delicate and olive color. I love golden tone with pink to brownish tint for blush. Oily skin but I've got a couple of wrinkles. I am 49 years old now. I've got thing I'd like to hide. If they have new products now it would be worth a look.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Not the best but not the worst. The products are not what I expected for the price. There is a less costly product that is more affordable and work better. Not sure if I can mention the name but before you buy this product look at the less costly products. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

BareMinerals has products for every age group. They began offering scent-free, mineral based products before anyone else (to my knowledge). The products give excellent coverage and you can either apply more for maximum coverage or less for a natural look. They also have a great selection of brushes that I like as much as Trish McEvoy's. They have also grown with the times and expanded the line. I am not aging gracefully. Their products make it easier to be happy with who I see in the mirror.

To add, you can also add Bare Minerals to other beauty products and it blends in nicely. Some brands get cakey or streaky, but never Bare Minerals. I put on full moisturizers and makeup in the mornings and am able to get to work without putting it on in the car. I change around and try different brands from time to time, but always come back. People can never believe that I am 62. They still think I am 40, tops.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I have bareMinerals mineral foundation. I have the tan color that I use. I always love to use bareMinerals because it gives me healthy face, and it's not heavy to use to it. The result when I use the foundation is it covers perfectly and it's glow my skin healthier, comfortable to use. My skin glow every time I use their products. The quality of the product is extremely good, good to recommend their products to other. It has perfect to use for sensitive skin. Not too heavy, it's just perfect. I'm telling you bareMinerals is it as expensive to buy, it's absolutely good value to your wallet, with the healthy skin. With their reasonable price too can get a good brand of their products.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

The foundation last all day long, easy to use, matches skin tone, product has high quality brushes, adds beauty to make you feel young and vibrant, and you can find on your website and have delivered right at home. It makes me very happy, makes feel young and the attention I get from others. Others stand up and notice. Would recommend to anyone. Helps refine your beauty. This is great quality. Want a product that will last, this is the product for you. Well worth every penny. The brushes are very durable. You want something that's worth what you pay, this is the product to get.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I only tried the foundation. I did like it though. Very natural feeling and looking. It was only a trial of the product. I was satisfied. The results were as expected. The coverage was good and the feel was clean. I liked the way it made my face glow. I would definitely try the product again. The removal was clean and left no residue. Did not clog my pores. The quality was good. The product went on smooth and did not need to be reapplied frequently. There was no streaking or clumping. The product was worth the amount spent. I would definitely spend that amount again for the experience. The comments received proved the value and worth of the product as an exceptional product to use on a daily basis.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

They have different shades for skin tones and their eyeshadows come in powder form and different shades as well. It stays on all day. I don't have to reapply it like other products. It covered my blemishes and dark age spots evenly and stayed on all day. Skin wasn't oily after wearing it like other products. The shade I chose matched my skin tone evenly. The ingredients fight age and blemishes and give even coverage. The ingredients work together to stay on my skin and it also gives me sun protection. It does get a little expensive each month but it's well worth it. The results are unlike any other product I've used and I will keep using it.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

It has a lot of variety and I have lots of choices and it's been good to my skin. Usually I have allergic reaction on some brand on makeup but this one it doesn't and I have been using it for almost a year now. It's minerals and good for someone with sensitive skin just like me. And I am really satisfied and happy with this product and I would recommend it to my friends. The quality if the products is good. But I choose pressed powder than loose powder and it's really good that they have it too. It's a big help and the foundation are SPF's. The value of this product is great. I am happy and mostly satisfied how my skin loves it. It doesn't make me break out like the other brands I have tried before.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

The variety you will find with bareMinerals is a lot bigger than that of other brands. I highly recommend to anyone chasing a variety of skin products. The results make my skin fresh and rejuvenated. I always feel like I look my best when I use their products. It really doesn't matter if you are 31 or 61. I find the quality way better than other products by comparison. I know many men and woman who swear by the quality of what they expect from bareMinerals. It is a little more expensive than competitors but the saying is true when that you get what you pay for. I know what to expect when I use a product from bareMinerals.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

They have so many things to choose from. Anything from foundation to eye shadow is available. They have so many colors and shades to choose from. I am completely 100 percent satisfied with the makeup they have. It goes on easy and smooth and you really do not feel it. It does not feel as though you have any makeup on. Well they have minerals in them hence the name bareMinerals. They have zinc oxide and mica just to name a few that make your skin healthy. I have a lot of freckles and it has been great at covering them up. It has made my life easier by going on smooth and looking like I do not have any makeup on.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

Bare Minerals offer a large variety of face makeup, eye makeup, highlighters and lipstick. They go on very smoothly and evenly and are easy to apply. I especially like that they appear so natural on my skin. The results are very finished and natural looking. The results look just as nice as more expensive products that I have tried. I don't like a heavy cream foundation, so I prefer the light powders offered by Bare Minerals.

The quality of Bare Minerals is comparable to many more expensive makeup items that I have used in the past. I would definitely recommend any of their products to women of all ages. I am very pleased with the value of Bare Minerals products. I don't usually like to spend an exorbitant amount of money on makeup, so these are perfect.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

bareMinerals have foundations available that are able to easily match skin tones. They also make excellent blush and lip products. The products cover/balance your skin well. I like the way that they apply and they wash off well. They are good products. I liked using bareMinerals products. The foundation matched my skin tone well. It was easy to brush on and it evened out my skin. The blush was also easy to apply. The lip products are long lasting. I don't know exactly what bareMinerals are composed of, but they are quality cosmetics. They provide a better look than most other brands and they are gentle on my skin. While I like the quality of this product, you do pay for it. The saying "you get what you pay for" is true of bareMinerals. I like how I look when I use them and I feel more confident.

bareMinerals expert review by ConsumerAffairs

bareMinerals has been dedicated to creating and selling makeup made from only natural ingredients since 1976. The minerals in their makeup help your skin soften, smooth and revitalize. Consumers can find BareMinerals by Bare Escentuals online and at select retailers that sell prestige makeup products.

• Natural: bareMinerals cosmetics are made with natural ingredients, including essential minerals that can improve the look of your natural skin over time.

• Animal friendly: bareMinerals does not test on animals, and they do not harm animals when they make their brushes from goat and pony hair. They offer synthetic brushes for customers who do not want to buy brushes made with animal materials.

• bareMinerals club: Perfect for regular makeup wearers, the bareMinerals club automatically sends a box of your selected makeup straight to your door. Choose your frequency, ranging from one box every month to one box every six months, and cancel at any time. You will also get added perks and discounts, including a surprise for your birthday and random surprises in every box.

• Resources: Find videos, articles and more under the “learn” section on bareMinerals’ website. All videos are available for free and provide useful information on products and ingredients along with tips and tutorials.

• Free shipping on orders $50 and more: Standard shipping on orders $50 or more is always free. Shipping costs on other orders can be easily determined on bareMinerals’ website and ranges from $3.95 to $6.95 for standard delivery.

• Best for: bareMinerals is best for women seeking prestige makeup made with natural ingredients.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs