2. Shopping

bareMinerals Reviews

bareMinerals
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.00/5

bareMinerals Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about bareMinerals?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about bareMinerals?

Original review: May 28, 2020

My first time ordering from bareMinerals was May 11, twelve days later on the 23rd I still had no product and no notification that it shipped. I was unable to log onto their website or get anyone on the phone so I sent an email canceling my order. I finally got a hold of cust service on the 28th. When I did, they refused to cancel my order and return my money. So, BM failed to send my product for 17 days, they disregarded my cancellation email 4 days ago, they refused to cancel my order over the phone (even though it still hasn’t shipped) and I am supposed to wait until they get a around to shipping it, then I can return it, wait 10-15 more days before I see a refund.

When I explained the situation Liz, a supervisor w/ cust service, she said “I’m sorry you feel that way but that’s not true” which is the same as calling me liar. I asked her which part wasn’t true, and she mumbled something about shipping and a monkey wrench being through into the situation. Whatever that means since it still hasn’t shipped yet. I see as I read other reviews here on this site, BM has a history of refusing to cancel an order regardless of their failures. I thought BM was a premium product because I have seen it in the malls and stores, but my experience with their customer service is such a complete failure I highly doubt their product. When I pay a premium price, for a premium product, I expect premium service!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I have bought this product for several years from bareMinerals because it came in a glass container. Finally I ordered it online. When I received it it was in a plastic container. I called bareMinerals upset because I do not like to buy products especially this expensive in plastic containers. I prefer to buy glass whenever possible. If I knew this was in plastic packaging I would’ve never bought it. My conversations with customer service at bareMinerals advised, "it was too bad you got the product. It’s the same thing. Only packaged in plastic." I explained it is not the same thing. I do not buy plastic or use things that are in plastic whenever possible and if I would’ve known it was in plastic I would’ve not bought in it. They refuse to give me A return shipping label. They told me I had to pay for the shipping. So after arguing with them for almost an hour they decided they would give me a return shipping label with no shipping charges.

The customer service I received was some of the worst customer service I’ve ever received anywhere especially in the beauty make up arena. I will never buy a product from bareMinerals again. They try to act like they’re all environmental and their products are safe but I came to found out that is a lie and when you catch them on it and tell them you want glass not plastic they refused to pay for shipping. I bought a product I did not receive what I was expecting in plastic nor have I ever received this item in plastic packaging in the past. Their attitude was too bad.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I have used bare minerals loose powder foundation for about 10 years. At the beginning I was so happy...but then, over the course of about a year, developed a severely red face and scaly skin on my forehead in particular. Doctor's diagnosed it as Rosacea because there was no other explanation and because I am fair and blonde. Continued to use my makeup because I thought I had an answer. This progressed to a burning on my face that would only appear while working out at the gym and for a few hours afterward. Then I progressed to a full blown flushing of my face and burning every single day that peaked at about 3pm.

Changed many of my routines with skincare and nothing seemed to work. Was putting on bare minerals one morning and saw the ingredient list sticker and decided to do a random search and the internet provided me with the answer of why I had been suffering with this red burning face for years. Bismuth Oxychloride... an ingredient in the loose powder that creates a shimmery finish and is a known irritant as it's ground-up minerals that create tiny cuts in your skin and thus the dermatitis. Stopped using it, my face healed and I no longer look like I'm going to blow a gasket and it also stopped me from paying exorbitant amounts of money on laser treatments for Rosacea which I didn't have from the start of this ordeal. I suffered for 10 years, if I can help anyone reading this from not using this or any other makeup product with Bismuth Oxychloride, then writing this will be worth it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I submitted my order on 12/03 and I never received any update only the confirmation. I called the number that they provided me from my order and waited 35 min to talk to no one because they ended the call. I emailed them and they reply two days after so it was the 12th day of ordering it. Today I received an email saying, "Order has been cancel". I was surprised because they did take my money and they took 16 days to tell me my order was cancel (not by me). This order was going to be a gift (secret santa) but now I am short $53.49 until 5-8 business days. I'll received my money but christmas is in 6 days and I am gift less.

I emailed them immediately when I found out my order status but now the day is over and still no answer. I just hate the fact that they played a joke on me for trusting in their business. I just wanted them to keep communication so I wont be gift less. If there's any way BBB could be involve I would totally would, but they are a huge company and you know how that goes. I just want to warned people about business that run without communicating with the purchaser/client.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I ordered on Cyber Monday (December 2) cuz I thought I got a really great deal. I had gotten no alerts that the product had even shipped yet, so when I realized days later (December 6) that the tax and $7.95 for faster shipping only left me with a $4.99 discount instead of the $15.60 discount for the products, I decided to cancel the order since it hadn't even shipped yet, and just get it from the store. I had emailed requesting to cancel the order, and got some automated message giving me information on shipping. I decided the only way to check the status was to create an account (even tho I had ordered as a guest).

I noticed it said released next to the status, so I decided to chat with a rep and find out what that meant and ask if I could cancel. She said I couldn't cancel because my package was in the process of getting ready to be shipped. I asked her to look into it since I hadn't gotten any email update. She did and said it was being packed and shipped "right as we speak". This was at 6:30 pm on Friday, December 6; I figured by night I would get an update stating it was shipped. Got none. They don't do anything on weekends. I understand it's their busy season, but still.

Meanwhile, I ordered other unrelated products from Amazon and Best Buy the same day or a day after I ordered from Bare Minerals and have already gotten most of those products! I have several parties to go to and would like to have my makeup before this Thursday. I already went blushless to one party. I don't want to go like that to another party. Most other websites allow you to cancel before the package has left the facility. I even get alerts from some letting me know when the label has been created. Not with bare Minerals website. Last time I will ever do an online order with them, which I should have never done knowing how close I am to a bare Minerals store.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I use bareMinerals because it doesn't inflame my Rosacea and covers it very well. All of their products come in a variety of shades, including eye shadow. Great if you have allergic reactions to other cosmetics.

Original review: June 7, 2019

The makeup is easy to apply with a brush and it is full coverage. The overall look after applying is great. It covers small blemishes and dark spots. The color choices are great. You can find something to make any skin tone.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have been using bareMinerals for a few years now. I like it because it doesn’t feel heavy and looks natural. Love the dual mask set also. Makes your face feel clean and also soft. I use the mascara that also strengthens the lashes and makes them look longer. Looks nice and goes on easily.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I purchased online the "MOONBEAM BLUSH AND HIGHLIGHTER SET". The webpage says it is a blush and highlighter duo, it is not, both are highlighters as it is described at the back of the box. I didn't want 2 highlighters, besides the description is deceitful. Before opening, I called customer service, I hoped that being that the description was wrong, I could return it without paying shipping. She was of no help. She said the description on the page was not wrong, was "different", Exactly my point! Is not what I ordered. She said people use this as a blush, I said "I can use lipstick as a blush if I want to, it's still a lipstick!". She kept talking on top of me, interrupting me, until I told her to stop doing that.

She even said that I had a pretty good deal for the price, as if because I paid discounted price, then I had no right to complain! I asked to talk to a supervisor that could authorize a prepaid shipping label, she put me on hold and then came back saying there was no one (really??). She took my number and said they would call me the next day, even asked at what time was convenient for me, of course, nobody called today. I can't believe a company like this can be so haughty. Never buying bareMinerals again, and I'll make sure nobody I know does either.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My debit card was declined on a purchase, removed and inserted credit card. By the time my credit card was approved bareMinerals also DEDUCTED

the same purchase. This was done in a matter of 10 SECONDS. They refused to refund me saying it is the bank's problem. Went to bank and they said the money went into bareMinerals account. Called customer service and they said it should drop within 5-7 days. This happened on Oct. 26, 2018 and as of today Nov. 21, 2018 bareMinerals still will not refund my MONEY. Looks like it's time for me to file a complaint with the attorney office. BEWARE when you use a debit card and always check your transactions. WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.

bareMinerals author review by ConsumerAffairs

bareMinerals has been dedicated to creating and selling makeup made from only natural ingredients since 1976. The minerals in their makeup help your skin soften, smooth and revitalize. Consumers can find BareMinerals by Bare Escentuals online and at select retailers that sell prestige makeup products.

• Natural: bareMinerals cosmetics are made with natural ingredients, including essential minerals that can improve the look of your natural skin over time.

• Animal friendly: bareMinerals does not test on animals, and they do not harm animals when they make their brushes from goat and pony hair. They offer synthetic brushes for customers who do not want to buy brushes made with animal materials.

• bareMinerals club: Perfect for regular makeup wearers, the bareMinerals club automatically sends a box of your selected makeup straight to your door. Choose your frequency, ranging from one box every month to one box every six months, and cancel at any time. You will also get added perks and discounts, including a surprise for your birthday and random surprises in every box.

• Resources: Find videos, articles and more under the “learn” section on bareMinerals’ website. All videos are available for free and provide useful information on products and ingredients along with tips and tutorials.

• Free shipping on orders $50 and more: Standard shipping on orders $50 or more is always free. Shipping costs on other orders can be easily determined on bareMinerals’ website and ranges from $3.95 to $6.95 for standard delivery.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team