2. Shopping

Avon Cosmetics

3.8/5 (350 ratings)

About Avon Cosmetics

Avon Cosmetics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon Cosmetics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Avon is not the company it used to be. Years ago Avon actually cared. They cared that all their customers were 100% satisfied with their purchases and they 100% guaranteed your satisfaction. They prided themselves on Customer Service and Satisfaction and they would take ANY and ALL items that didn't fit or were not the right color or size, etc. back. This 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed was printed on every Avon receipt a rep handed to you and on every Avon Brochure. Things have changed! And they've changed for the worse for Avon customers. Now Avon offers a 90 day return policy WITH a lot of restrictions. They steer you to their website to read a full and complete list of these restrictions. They also print in their brochures that a lot of items are considered FINAL SALE/NO RETURNS.

It's like a clearance book. I bought a pair of shoes that were fairly new in the Avon brochure. They were printed on Page 5. Page 5 is at the beginning of the book, right?? Well sure enough in tiny print on the bottom of the page it says FINAL SALE/NO RETURNS. On page 5!!! Needless to say the shoes are too big, they do not run true to size apparently and I am stuck with a pair of shoes that are too big because the representative said it's one of "those" Final Sale items even though it had only been introduced back in Brochure 11 this year! Like I said, Avon is NOT the company it used to be. Avon does NOT care about Customer satisfaction anymore and they certainly do NOT guarantee Customer Satisfaction anymore either.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Purchased vitamin C serum and face mask and am disappointed. First, the mask gets really hot. Which is just an unneeded chemical to make you think something is working. But it has no real value. Second. The products do not live up to their advertisement. They just don't work. And third. I'm really disappointed that I had to come here to write a review. Personally, I rely on reviews for online shopping and sites that don't let you write a review are controlling the image.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I submitted an order online and immediately realized I only ordered 1 mascara and need 2. Note they are buy 1 get 1 half off. I chatted with customer service and because I already submitted I could not add to it. Keep in mind I had free shipping on that order. Now I have to re-order and pay shipping charges. I asked if I could cancel the entire order and re-order and was told their system was not capable of doing that. The only solution is to find a rep in my area and order from them. I ended up ordering from Amazon and since I’m a prime member it will be delivered tomorrow, and no shipping charges. Also bonus they were less money even with the sale they have going on! From now on I’m checking other online retailers before going directly to Avon’s site.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I bought a lipstick through a sales representative. The color displayed in the catalog is completely different from the item delivered to me. The sales representative misplaced the invoice and didn't pay any heed to my complain and dismissed it saying "It's just misfortunate you did not get the color you selected'. I approached the customer care. They didn't provide any help and kept blaming me for not having invoice (which was misplaced by the agent), when I said, "I am going public" they asked for few more days to resolve the issue. They beat around the bush for more than 20 days and finally said they can't help. One of the most pathetic customer care service I have ever experienced. This company just uses wrong display as a bait to attract customer when in reality they cannot deliver anything close to what they promise.

Original review: June 7, 2019

It takes time to put together an online order. Then I sent it to my local rep. Soon after I got an email that said I would hear from my Rep if my order was accepted. A few days later I find out that my Rep has not accepted (or replied) to my order. My option was to reorder and try another Rep or pay delivery and have it sent to my house. I am finished with Avon. The one product that I really like - I can buy a similar product for less money at Trader Joe's - across the border. (45 minutes away and I cross the border regularly). No more Avon for me. I can go to Winners and find really good products (cosmetics) at better prices than Avon. Or watch Costco coupons for good face creams (ROC, Olay Serum...) at a better price.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have never purchased Avon but Avon reported me for nonpayment of product at the credit reporting agency. I hired an attorney to sent Avon a letter but Avon will not help. Avon wrote me it is my problem if someone else used my identity. I think it is a Avon problem.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have always loved Avon and using their products, until I was told that I have an account with Avon that I never opened and that account has made a bad credit record for me. I don't understand the procedures of opening an account for someone at Avon, I phoned them and also asked for the addresses, phone numbers and the name of the manager am under in the contract. They refused to give me that information even the contract document itself. Am in accounting/Finance and before companies employ you they do credit check. That is how I knew about this account when the company told me they cannot employ me because of my credit record and I phoned TransUnion and they told me it's AVON. It hurts a lot because I wanted to lay a charge of fraud for the manager that proved a fraud account knowing. I never got the job and my case is not solved as yet. I would appreciate an assistance as this has affected my future already.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Comes to terms that Avon cosmetics has got some fake reps and even though they say all their agents are genuine then I have proved them wrong and they’ve gone quiet on the issue. October 2018 ordered items and nothing had been delivered in 4 weeks so gave them a bit more time and still nothing. Started a complaint with support and we were just going round in circles as they asked for details and all I could give them was the name of the rep and response was no such person.

I gave the photos of the form and they still claimed they had such person so this progressed to the CEO and all I have got is 1 answer and now they’ve gone silent. So in my case I’m guessing the Avon rep involved is going under a different name as on the photo provided to Avon there was a partial bit of another name scribbled out. But the Avon rep is still going round under a fake name so to my claims Avon are committing Fraud in terms of a fake name and numerous fails on delivering the customer orders.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I ordered a lipstick tester from your representative named RITA ** residing in Borivali West, Mumbai, India. She delivered the order in my absence, which means I was not there to check the delivery. On my arrival I checked the delivery and clearly it showed the product was not a fresh piece. I called her and she said my staff must have used it! Like really?? I have cameras in my salon. I have the proof that no one even touched it. And she is not ready to agree. She’s taken my money and not even exchanging my product. She’s not given me any receipt, god knows if she charged me the actual amount or cheated me. Even worse, she is carelessly avoiding my calls and messages. She is spoiling your reputation, I have no trust on your company. I am NOT recommending AVON to anyone. Your products must be good, but you have the worst representatives. I am disgusted by her behaviour.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I'm currently a representative for Avon and just started getting the credit limit/line $200... I was never told exactly how the credit limit/line worked; haven't heard from my so-called mentors in about 2 months or so. Common sense would be if you go above that amount you'd have to pay that overage??? Well apparently if you're under it they still charge you. The past two orders were under the $200 limit. And I got charged $165 for one and now being charged over $100 for this current one.

I specifically told Avon I can't afford to pay for the amounts they’re charging me every 2 weeks... Apparently it's not sinking in with them. I even asked to have the credit limit either removed or fixed it to where I thought (originally) that I'd be able to make money and just keep orders under $200. Boy I WAS WRONG! You go to complain about anything it goes in one ear out the other so that tells me they don't care about their representatives or they're HARD UP FOR MONEY!

Avon Cosmetics Company Information