Avon Cosmetics

Avon Cosmetics

3.4/5 (1066 ratings)

About Avon Cosmetics

Avon Cosmetics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon Cosmetics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon?

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

AVON Cosmetics ARE MADE OF CHEMICAL HARMFUL PRODUCTS IN POLAND. A friend of mine is selling the product of Avon secretly inside coffee shops, and she wanted me to buy something from her to finish the products she has got from them. I felt sorry for her and I bought two items from her. I used the lavender spray before bed time and it was chemical and I started having itchy eyes, skin and chest pain. Also I started having headache. Avon products are made of chemical products in Poland and are scum. Be careful and do not use and report them to the trade standard and to the police etc. Also warn people using the social media such as Facebook etc...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

My Avon Representative is a very professional employee, she make sure my questions are answered, she advised me about this lotion. I am pleased with results. I asked about price, she searched the best price, I asked about product. She explained in detail how this lotion would heal my skin, as other customers had purchased product, and was pleased with results.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

After trials and testing have narrowed down every time I have tried the Avon Anew product range my eyes and face swell up - been getting worse each time - last 2 times I was unable to go to work and have been at specialists on every kind of treatment. I have discovered now that the best treatment for me was to throw all the Avon in the bin and since doing so have had no problems. I have since found many others who have said the same thing about the Anew range. Wish I had known about that before I put myself through the misery.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have ordered from Avon several times. My complaint is whenever I like a product it gets discontinued. I have been using the blush in Classic Aura shade for years. When I needed to reorder it was discontinued. I purchased several other brands from various stores but none of them were close in comparison to the application. Wasted money. I also ordered the Avon brand in the color that is said to be compatible in shade to the Classic Aura and it was not. More wasted money. I searched the web and found 4 through eBay. Sounds great but it is being shipped from Australia and costing me $109 for 4 brand new Avon blush in Classic Aura. Avon appears to be all about the latest trending shades and is constantly discontinuing colors in blush, lip color. When you find a shade that works perfect for you it is very disconcerting when it is no longer available.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have been using Avon make-up products for years. While some things are affordable, other products are not. I do use the Lipsticks and mascara. I have never had a problem with any of the Avon products I have used.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I used to order Avon products all the time through a representative but she was no longer with Avon. The products I used to order are not on the Avon website. I have not used them for about 2 years.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

It's been a brand I've been loyal to since I was a teenager. I've known many Avon sellers in my life so I've probably buy more than a hundred products from them my whole life, particularly enjoyed the perfume line and their lipsticks are lovely.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I have used Avon products for 30 plus years! I love their skin products but wish they still carried Beauty Fluid, I believe that was what it was called! Better than Anew line and a heck of a lot cheaper!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

If you become a avon representative and if you do not sell anything and even if you try your best to sell avon Avon will cancel your avon account if you do not sell anything. They just care about how much money people make.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I started using Avon as a teenager. Over the years my beauty routine has went through a lot of changes. Avon has changed with me. Their skincare products are my favorites. I would highly recommend them to women in their twenties or women in their fifties. They leave my skin feeling clean as well as moisturized. They help me look my best. Wrinkles and all.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I have been a loyal Avon customer for more than 10 years. I have used their facial product anew Thermafirm, Skinvinsible, vitamin C serum, dual elixir, dual eye creme religiously every am and pm. Also I order some household items from them from plates to candles. Everything in my house, you could say came from Avon. All my make up is Avon.

My complaint is, after trying the dual elixir, and the line erase with retinol which is regular $60+ in a small tube. It does not work. It said after a week lines will show visible improvement. Well guess what I have been using it for over a month, my forehead lines are still the same. It didn't even touch it. No improvement, nothing. I have reached out to customer service and been getting the run around, then finally total silence from them. This is disappointing. Might as well use my money and invest in really good skin care product like Vichy, for although its super expensive, you know it works well. I am very disappointed and I pity my rep for she does everything to make my experience nice but the company itself doesn't do anything to help their reps.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

My Rep retired and the next thing I knew I had a delivery which I had not ordered. I immediately called to ask them to collect it. I was told not to worry but someone had opened an account in my name!!. There was a spelling mistake in my surname and I had recently married so was in fact incorrect anyway. Despite writing numerous times I have not had a response from them. They asked me not to contact the police as they would deal with but they clearly haven't and will not tell me how the account was opened despite it being fraudulent. Cannot be trusted with your data.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Avon is not the company it used to be. Years ago Avon actually cared. They cared that all their customers were 100% satisfied with their purchases and they 100% guaranteed your satisfaction. They prided themselves on Customer Service and Satisfaction and they would take ANY and ALL items that didn't fit or were not the right color or size, etc. back. This 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed was printed on every Avon receipt a rep handed to you and on every Avon Brochure. Things have changed! And they've changed for the worse for Avon customers. Now Avon offers a 90 day return policy WITH a lot of restrictions. They steer you to their website to read a full and complete list of these restrictions. They also print in their brochures that a lot of items are considered FINAL SALE/NO RETURNS.

It's like a clearance book. I bought a pair of shoes that were fairly new in the Avon brochure. They were printed on Page 5. Page 5 is at the beginning of the book, right?? Well sure enough in tiny print on the bottom of the page it says FINAL SALE/NO RETURNS. On page 5!!! Needless to say the shoes are too big, they do not run true to size apparently and I am stuck with a pair of shoes that are too big because the representative said it's one of "those" Final Sale items even though it had only been introduced back in Brochure 11 this year! Like I said, Avon is NOT the company it used to be. Avon does NOT care about Customer satisfaction anymore and they certainly do NOT guarantee Customer Satisfaction anymore either.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Purchased vitamin C serum and face mask and am disappointed. First, the mask gets really hot. Which is just an unneeded chemical to make you think something is working. But it has no real value. Second. The products do not live up to their advertisement. They just don't work. And third. I'm really disappointed that I had to come here to write a review. Personally, I rely on reviews for online shopping and sites that don't let you write a review are controlling the image.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I submitted an order online and immediately realized I only ordered 1 mascara and need 2. Note they are buy 1 get 1 half off. I chatted with customer service and because I already submitted I could not add to it. Keep in mind I had free shipping on that order. Now I have to re-order and pay shipping charges. I asked if I could cancel the entire order and re-order and was told their system was not capable of doing that. The only solution is to find a rep in my area and order from them. I ended up ordering from Amazon and since I’m a prime member it will be delivered tomorrow, and no shipping charges. Also bonus they were less money even with the sale they have going on! From now on I’m checking other online retailers before going directly to Avon’s site.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I bought a lipstick through a sales representative. The color displayed in the catalog is completely different from the item delivered to me. The sales representative misplaced the invoice and didn't pay any heed to my complain and dismissed it saying "It's just misfortunate you did not get the color you selected'. I approached the customer care. They didn't provide any help and kept blaming me for not having invoice (which was misplaced by the agent), when I said, "I am going public" they asked for few more days to resolve the issue. They beat around the bush for more than 20 days and finally said they can't help. One of the most pathetic customer care service I have ever experienced. This company just uses wrong display as a bait to attract customer when in reality they cannot deliver anything close to what they promise.

Original review: June 7, 2019

It takes time to put together an online order. Then I sent it to my local rep. Soon after I got an email that said I would hear from my Rep if my order was accepted. A few days later I find out that my Rep has not accepted (or replied) to my order. My option was to reorder and try another Rep or pay delivery and have it sent to my house. I am finished with Avon. The one product that I really like - I can buy a similar product for less money at Trader Joe's - across the border. (45 minutes away and I cross the border regularly). No more Avon for me. I can go to Winners and find really good products (cosmetics) at better prices than Avon. Or watch Costco coupons for good face creams (ROC, Olay Serum...) at a better price.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have never purchased Avon but Avon reported me for nonpayment of product at the credit reporting agency. I hired an attorney to sent Avon a letter but Avon will not help. Avon wrote me it is my problem if someone else used my identity. I think it is a Avon problem.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have always loved Avon and using their products, until I was told that I have an account with Avon that I never opened and that account has made a bad credit record for me. I don't understand the procedures of opening an account for someone at Avon, I phoned them and also asked for the addresses, phone numbers and the name of the manager am under in the contract. They refused to give me that information even the contract document itself. Am in accounting/Finance and before companies employ you they do credit check. That is how I knew about this account when the company told me they cannot employ me because of my credit record and I phoned TransUnion and they told me it's AVON. It hurts a lot because I wanted to lay a charge of fraud for the manager that proved a fraud account knowing. I never got the job and my case is not solved as yet. I would appreciate an assistance as this has affected my future already.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Comes to terms that Avon cosmetics has got some fake reps and even though they say all their agents are genuine then I have proved them wrong and they’ve gone quiet on the issue. October 2018 ordered items and nothing had been delivered in 4 weeks so gave them a bit more time and still nothing. Started a complaint with support and we were just going round in circles as they asked for details and all I could give them was the name of the rep and response was no such person.

I gave the photos of the form and they still claimed they had such person so this progressed to the CEO and all I have got is 1 answer and now they’ve gone silent. So in my case I’m guessing the Avon rep involved is going under a different name as on the photo provided to Avon there was a partial bit of another name scribbled out. But the Avon rep is still going round under a fake name so to my claims Avon are committing Fraud in terms of a fake name and numerous fails on delivering the customer orders.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I ordered a lipstick tester from your representative named RITA ** residing in Borivali West, Mumbai, India. She delivered the order in my absence, which means I was not there to check the delivery. On my arrival I checked the delivery and clearly it showed the product was not a fresh piece. I called her and she said my staff must have used it! Like really?? I have cameras in my salon. I have the proof that no one even touched it. And she is not ready to agree. She’s taken my money and not even exchanging my product. She’s not given me any receipt, god knows if she charged me the actual amount or cheated me. Even worse, she is carelessly avoiding my calls and messages. She is spoiling your reputation, I have no trust on your company. I am NOT recommending AVON to anyone. Your products must be good, but you have the worst representatives. I am disgusted by her behaviour.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I'm currently a representative for Avon and just started getting the credit limit/line $200... I was never told exactly how the credit limit/line worked; haven't heard from my so-called mentors in about 2 months or so. Common sense would be if you go above that amount you'd have to pay that overage??? Well apparently if you're under it they still charge you. The past two orders were under the $200 limit. And I got charged $165 for one and now being charged over $100 for this current one.

I specifically told Avon I can't afford to pay for the amounts they’re charging me every 2 weeks... Apparently it's not sinking in with them. I even asked to have the credit limit either removed or fixed it to where I thought (originally) that I'd be able to make money and just keep orders under $200. Boy I WAS WRONG! You go to complain about anything it goes in one ear out the other so that tells me they don't care about their representatives or they're HARD UP FOR MONEY!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

After selling Avon for 35 years I am absolutely disgusted. After 2 hrs trying to get through on Monday gave up. Tried for 15 mins on Tuesday no reply. Phoned order line. After 35 mins managed to get Avon paid.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My rep, Angie, has been my rep since we moved to this small town. She always has a new book out to me whenever one is out and she had come to know the products I enjoy most, so she'll tell me when to order and when to hang on for a sale. She cares more about her customers' happiness than the money she will make, or lose by helping customer s get the best deal. And I'm never worried when I need to return something, as she takes it in stride and tries to help best she can. If you're in my area of the world and need an Avon representative, hope to look for Angie as she's more like a friend than a salesman...

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I absolutely love Avon. I have been shopping with them for over a year and the products are very affordable. Avon makeup is the bomb. Especially with a bold makeup artist as myself! I tell everyone I know about Avon and their amazing products. I am in complete love with Avon.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I found other products to be very expensive in comparison and frankly were no better. The only problem I have is Avon will discontinue a color I like and use.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Avon products are affordable, good for your skin and always up to date and current with the latest makeup trends. Avon products are not considered as sophisticated as Revlon and other cosmetics but they are just as good and a good buy.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Avon is a good brand, but if items are not on sale, they are quite expensive. They do have a great variety of makeup and I would recommend them. Avon is comparable to more expensive brands, as far as results.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Skin So Soft Bug Guard SPF 30 Sunscreen - I used this product yesterday on my son and I - we are both burnt lobsters now. Not only that, a drop came out onto my middle console in my brand new (less than 3,000 miles) vehicle and has ruined it. When I tried to wipe it up the plastic came off and now my console in my brand new car is ruined... I will never use this product again and will do what it takes to make sure no one else does either.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I've given this company the benefit of doubt for years and they continue to get worse and worse with their products. Mainly the clothing and their compact mirrors. I just bought a Hello Gorgeous glimmer compact and it was broken, their clothing is clearly made in a sub par sweatshop (arm three inches shorter and smaller than the other, sizes that are ridiculously different from real life like a 6 being a 16 or a 12 being a 4). I'm done.

Avon Cosmetics Company Information