3.60/5

274 Avon Cosmetics Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I ordered a lipstick tester from your representative named RITA ** residing in Borivali West, Mumbai, India. She delivered the order in my absence, which means I was not there to check the delivery. On my arrival I checked the delivery and clearly it showed the product was not a fresh piece. I called her and she said my staff must have used it! Like really?? I have cameras in my salon. I have the proof that no one even touched it. And she is not ready to agree. She’s taken my money and not even exchanging my product. She’s not given me any receipt, god knows if she charged me the actual amount or cheated me. Even worse, she is carelessly avoiding my calls and messages. She is spoiling your reputation, I have no trust on your company. I am NOT recommending AVON to anyone. Your products must be good, but you have the worst representatives. I am disgusted by her behaviour.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I'm currently a representative for Avon and just started getting the credit limit/line $200... I was never told exactly how the credit limit/line worked; haven't heard from my so-called mentors in about 2 months or so. Common sense would be if you go above that amount you'd have to pay that overage??? Well apparently if you're under it they still charge you. The past two orders were under the $200 limit. And I got charged $165 for one and now being charged over $100 for this current one.

I specifically told Avon I can't afford to pay for the amounts they’re charging me every 2 weeks... Apparently it's not sinking in with them. I even asked to have the credit limit either removed or fixed it to where I thought (originally) that I'd be able to make money and just keep orders under $200. Boy I WAS WRONG! You go to complain about anything it goes in one ear out the other so that tells me they don't care about their representatives or they're HARD UP FOR MONEY!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

After selling Avon for 35 years I am absolutely disgusted. After 2 hrs trying to get through on Monday gave up. Tried for 15 mins on Tuesday no reply. Phoned order line. After 35 mins managed to get Avon paid.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Avon is a good brand, but if items are not on sale, they are quite expensive. They do have a great variety of makeup and I would recommend them. Avon is comparable to more expensive brands, as far as results.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Skin So Soft Bug Guard SPF 30 Sunscreen - I used this product yesterday on my son and I - we are both burnt lobsters now. Not only that, a drop came out onto my middle console in my brand new (less than 3,000 miles) vehicle and has ruined it. When I tried to wipe it up the plastic came off and now my console in my brand new car is ruined... I will never use this product again and will do what it takes to make sure no one else does either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon?

Original review: July 10, 2018

I've given this company the benefit of doubt for years and they continue to get worse and worse with their products. Mainly the clothing and their compact mirrors. I just bought a Hello Gorgeous glimmer compact and it was broken, their clothing is clearly made in a sub par sweatshop (arm three inches shorter and smaller than the other, sizes that are ridiculously different from real life like a 6 being a 16 or a 12 being a 4). I'm done.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Avon Customer Services is DISGUSTING. Their fig diffuser oil totally destroyed the paint on my bathroom windowsill after a few seconds when I accidentally spilt it. There is no warning on the product saying to keep it away from paint or I wouldn't have sat it there in the first place. They took 8 months of multiple emails and phone calls to eventually tell me 'Tough! It's your own fault'. And their attitude was so rude and dismissive. I will NEVER buy anything from them again.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I'm a representative and there are times when I have tried certain products and I got allergic to them. But they work great on some of them. My lines and wrinkles you cannot see. I have a customer she noticed I do not have any lines or wrinkles and the customer wanted to know what I used, the products that you use it all depends on how they are used. If used properly you will notice no lines and or wrinkles.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My Avon rep has sent my order back after asking her about animal testing. I always thought Avon had ceased to test on animals. She told me it’s another company that do it! Also many companies use another for animal testing. I asked if she could just deliver the pajamas then. Instead I was told to stop contacting her & she had sent my order back?! I have the right to ask a question surely without her being so rude! I am one angry ex customer in Grimsby!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Been Avon rep 8 months, initially enjoyed it. However things went awry quickly. It's taken 3 months to get a returns book. I refuse to pay money for items that should be easy to send back. So now I've been charged interest. Owe £388 6 days ago now £441. No means of paying it. They have charged me twice for unreturned items. Can't get through to anyone in English. They make it impossible to return stuff and send you items several months after they was ordered like you remember who ordered them. Also send replacement items that no one wants.

Avon Cosmetics Company Information