Avon Cosmetics
3.63/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Avon Cosmetics

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Avon Cosmetics Reviews

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I have been a loyal Avon customer for more than 10 years. I have used their facial product anew Thermafirm, Skinvinsible, vitamin C serum, dual elixir, dual eye creme religiously every am and pm. Also I order some household items from them from plates to candles. Everything in my house, you could say came from Avon. All my make up is Avon.

My complaint is, after trying the dual elixir, and the line erase with retinol which is regular $60+ in a small tube. It does not work. It said after a week lines will show visible improvement. Well guess what I have been using it for over a month, my forehead lines are still the same. It didn't even touch it. No improvement, nothing. I have reached out to customer service and been getting the run around, then finally total silence from them. This is disappointing. Might as well use my money and invest in really good skin care product like Vichy, for although its super expensive, you know it works well. I am very disappointed and I pity my rep for she does everything to make my experience nice but the company itself doesn't do anything to help their reps.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

My Rep retired and the next thing I knew I had a delivery which I had not ordered. I immediately called to ask them to collect it. I was told not to worry but someone had opened an account in my name!!. There was a spelling mistake in my surname and I had recently married so was in fact incorrect anyway. Despite writing numerous times I have not had a response from them. They asked me not to contact the police as they would deal with but they clearly haven't and will not tell me how the account was opened despite it being fraudulent. Cannot be trusted with your data.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Avon is not the company it used to be. Years ago Avon actually cared. They cared that all their customers were 100% satisfied with their purchases and they 100% guaranteed your satisfaction. They prided themselves on Customer Service and Satisfaction and they would take ANY and ALL items that didn't fit or were not the right color or size, etc. back. This 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed was printed on every Avon receipt a rep handed to you and on every Avon Brochure. Things have changed! And they've changed for the worse for Avon customers. Now Avon offers a 90 day return policy WITH a lot of restrictions. They steer you to their website to read a full and complete list of these restrictions. They also print in their brochures that a lot of items are considered FINAL SALE/NO RETURNS.

It's like a clearance book. I bought a pair of shoes that were fairly new in the Avon brochure. They were printed on Page 5. Page 5 is at the beginning of the book, right?? Well sure enough in tiny print on the bottom of the page it says FINAL SALE/NO RETURNS. On page 5!!! Needless to say the shoes are too big, they do not run true to size apparently and I am stuck with a pair of shoes that are too big because the representative said it's one of "those" Final Sale items even though it had only been introduced back in Brochure 11 this year! Like I said, Avon is NOT the company it used to be. Avon does NOT care about Customer satisfaction anymore and they certainly do NOT guarantee Customer Satisfaction anymore either.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Purchased vitamin C serum and face mask and am disappointed. First, the mask gets really hot. Which is just an unneeded chemical to make you think something is working. But it has no real value. Second. The products do not live up to their advertisement. They just don't work. And third. I'm really disappointed that I had to come here to write a review. Personally, I rely on reviews for online shopping and sites that don't let you write a review are controlling the image.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I submitted an order online and immediately realized I only ordered 1 mascara and need 2. Note they are buy 1 get 1 half off. I chatted with customer service and because I already submitted I could not add to it. Keep in mind I had free shipping on that order. Now I have to re-order and pay shipping charges. I asked if I could cancel the entire order and re-order and was told their system was not capable of doing that. The only solution is to find a rep in my area and order from them. I ended up ordering from Amazon and since I’m a prime member it will be delivered tomorrow, and no shipping charges. Also bonus they were less money even with the sale they have going on! From now on I’m checking other online retailers before going directly to Avon’s site.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon?

Original review: June 29, 2019

I bought a lipstick through a sales representative. The color displayed in the catalog is completely different from the item delivered to me. The sales representative misplaced the invoice and didn't pay any heed to my complain and dismissed it saying "It's just misfortunate you did not get the color you selected'. I approached the customer care. They didn't provide any help and kept blaming me for not having invoice (which was misplaced by the agent), when I said, "I am going public" they asked for few more days to resolve the issue. They beat around the bush for more than 20 days and finally said they can't help. One of the most pathetic customer care service I have ever experienced. This company just uses wrong display as a bait to attract customer when in reality they cannot deliver anything close to what they promise.

Original review: June 7, 2019

It takes time to put together an online order. Then I sent it to my local rep. Soon after I got an email that said I would hear from my Rep if my order was accepted. A few days later I find out that my Rep has not accepted (or replied) to my order. My option was to reorder and try another Rep or pay delivery and have it sent to my house. I am finished with Avon. The one product that I really like - I can buy a similar product for less money at Trader Joe's - across the border. (45 minutes away and I cross the border regularly). No more Avon for me. I can go to Winners and find really good products (cosmetics) at better prices than Avon. Or watch Costco coupons for good face creams (ROC, Olay Serum...) at a better price.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have never purchased Avon but Avon reported me for nonpayment of product at the credit reporting agency. I hired an attorney to sent Avon a letter but Avon will not help. Avon wrote me it is my problem if someone else used my identity. I think it is a Avon problem.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have always loved Avon and using their products, until I was told that I have an account with Avon that I never opened and that account has made a bad credit record for me. I don't understand the procedures of opening an account for someone at Avon, I phoned them and also asked for the addresses, phone numbers and the name of the manager am under in the contract. They refused to give me that information even the contract document itself. Am in accounting/Finance and before companies employ you they do credit check. That is how I knew about this account when the company told me they cannot employ me because of my credit record and I phoned TransUnion and they told me it's AVON. It hurts a lot because I wanted to lay a charge of fraud for the manager that proved a fraud account knowing. I never got the job and my case is not solved as yet. I would appreciate an assistance as this has affected my future already.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Comes to terms that Avon cosmetics has got some fake reps and even though they say all their agents are genuine then I have proved them wrong and they’ve gone quiet on the issue. October 2018 ordered items and nothing had been delivered in 4 weeks so gave them a bit more time and still nothing. Started a complaint with support and we were just going round in circles as they asked for details and all I could give them was the name of the rep and response was no such person.

I gave the photos of the form and they still claimed they had such person so this progressed to the CEO and all I have got is 1 answer and now they’ve gone silent. So in my case I’m guessing the Avon rep involved is going under a different name as on the photo provided to Avon there was a partial bit of another name scribbled out. But the Avon rep is still going round under a fake name so to my claims Avon are committing Fraud in terms of a fake name and numerous fails on delivering the customer orders.

Avon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avon has been empowering women to be their own bosses since 1886, the year that Avon’s founder, David H. McConnell, began recruiting women who used his products as salespeople. Today, women are still selling Avon as a way to earn extra income. Avon’s product line has expanded to include makeup, fragrances, clothes, skincare, bath and body products and jewelry.

• Become a representative: Women who already use Avon products can save money on their own products while making money selling products when they become a representative. Representatives can sell online, in person or both.

• One-stop shopping: Consumers can buy all of their skincare, makeup, bath and body products, jewelry and clothes from Avon, which can make shopping easy.

• A brand for every beauty dilemma: Avon has several brands that address different beauty dilemmas, such as acne, dry skin, oily skin, men’s skin and more.

• Outlet: Consumers can find quality products at bargain prices by shopping Avon’s online outlet sale. Save up to 65 percent on items, which change regularly.

• Avon Foundation: The Avon Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing awareness and providing support for victims of breast cancer and domestic violence. They fund programs, encourage outreach and award scholarships for deserving women.

• Best for: Avon products are best for women, particularly those who want to make extra income by becoming a representative.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs