3.64/5

274 Avon Cosmetics Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My rep, Angie, has been my rep since we moved to this small town. She always has a new book out to me whenever one is out and she had come to know the products I enjoy most, so she'll tell me when to order and when to hang on for a sale. She cares more about her customers' happiness than the money she will make, or lose by helping customer s get the best deal. And I'm never worried when I need to return something, as she takes it in stride and tries to help best she can. If you're in my area of the world and need an Avon representative, hope to look for Angie as she's more like a friend than a salesman...

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I absolutely love Avon. I have been shopping with them for over a year and the products are very affordable. Avon makeup is the bomb. Especially with a bold makeup artist as myself! I tell everyone I know about Avon and their amazing products. I am in complete love with Avon.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I found other products to be very expensive in comparison and frankly were no better. The only problem I have is Avon will discontinue a color I like and use.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Avon products are affordable, good for your skin and always up to date and current with the latest makeup trends. Avon products are not considered as sophisticated as Revlon and other cosmetics but they are just as good and a good buy.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I submitted an order online and immediately realized I only ordered 1 mascara and need 2. Note they are buy 1 get 1 half off. I chatted with customer service and because I already submitted I could not add to it. Keep in mind I had free shipping on that order. Now I have to re-order and pay shipping charges. I asked if I could cancel the entire order and re-order and was told their system was not capable of doing that. The only solution is to find a rep in my area and order from them. I ended up ordering from Amazon and since I’m a prime member it will be delivered tomorrow, and no shipping charges. Also bonus they were less money even with the sale they have going on! From now on I’m checking other online retailers before going directly to Avon’s site.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon?

Original review: June 29, 2019

I bought a lipstick through a sales representative. The color displayed in the catalog is completely different from the item delivered to me. The sales representative misplaced the invoice and didn't pay any heed to my complain and dismissed it saying "It's just misfortunate you did not get the color you selected'. I approached the customer care. They didn't provide any help and kept blaming me for not having invoice (which was misplaced by the agent), when I said, "I am going public" they asked for few more days to resolve the issue. They beat around the bush for more than 20 days and finally said they can't help. One of the most pathetic customer care service I have ever experienced. This company just uses wrong display as a bait to attract customer when in reality they cannot deliver anything close to what they promise.

Original review: June 7, 2019

It takes time to put together an online order. Then I sent it to my local rep. Soon after I got an email that said I would hear from my Rep if my order was accepted. A few days later I find out that my Rep has not accepted (or replied) to my order. My option was to reorder and try another Rep or pay delivery and have it sent to my house. I am finished with Avon. The one product that I really like - I can buy a similar product for less money at Trader Joe's - across the border. (45 minutes away and I cross the border regularly). No more Avon for me. I can go to Winners and find really good products (cosmetics) at better prices than Avon. Or watch Costco coupons for good face creams (ROC, Olay Serum...) at a better price.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have never purchased Avon but Avon reported me for nonpayment of product at the credit reporting agency. I hired an attorney to sent Avon a letter but Avon will not help. Avon wrote me it is my problem if someone else used my identity. I think it is a Avon problem.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have always loved Avon and using their products, until I was told that I have an account with Avon that I never opened and that account has made a bad credit record for me. I don't understand the procedures of opening an account for someone at Avon, I phoned them and also asked for the addresses, phone numbers and the name of the manager am under in the contract. They refused to give me that information even the contract document itself. Am in accounting/Finance and before companies employ you they do credit check. That is how I knew about this account when the company told me they cannot employ me because of my credit record and I phoned TransUnion and they told me it's AVON. It hurts a lot because I wanted to lay a charge of fraud for the manager that proved a fraud account knowing. I never got the job and my case is not solved as yet. I would appreciate an assistance as this has affected my future already.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Comes to terms that Avon cosmetics has got some fake reps and even though they say all their agents are genuine then I have proved them wrong and they’ve gone quiet on the issue. October 2018 ordered items and nothing had been delivered in 4 weeks so gave them a bit more time and still nothing. Started a complaint with support and we were just going round in circles as they asked for details and all I could give them was the name of the rep and response was no such person.

I gave the photos of the form and they still claimed they had such person so this progressed to the CEO and all I have got is 1 answer and now they’ve gone silent. So in my case I’m guessing the Avon rep involved is going under a different name as on the photo provided to Avon there was a partial bit of another name scribbled out. But the Avon rep is still going round under a fake name so to my claims Avon are committing Fraud in terms of a fake name and numerous fails on delivering the customer orders.

Avon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avon has been empowering women to be their own bosses since 1886, the year that Avon’s founder, David H. McConnell, began recruiting women who used his products as salespeople. Today, women are still selling Avon as a way to earn extra income. Avon’s product line has expanded to include makeup, fragrances, clothes, skincare, bath and body products and jewelry.

• Become a representative: Women who already use Avon products can save money on their own products while making money selling products when they become a representative. Representatives can sell online, in person or both.

• One-stop shopping: Consumers can buy all of their skincare, makeup, bath and body products, jewelry and clothes from Avon, which can make shopping easy.

• A brand for every beauty dilemma: Avon has several brands that address different beauty dilemmas, such as acne, dry skin, oily skin, men’s skin and more.

• Outlet: Consumers can find quality products at bargain prices by shopping Avon’s online outlet sale. Save up to 65 percent on items, which change regularly.

• Avon Foundation: The Avon Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing awareness and providing support for victims of breast cancer and domestic violence. They fund programs, encourage outreach and award scholarships for deserving women.

• Best for: Avon products are best for women, particularly those who want to make extra income by becoming a representative.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs