Avon Cosmetics
3.65/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Avon Cosmetics

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Avon Cosmetics Reviews

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have been using Avon make-up products for years. While some things are affordable, other products are not. I do use the Lipsticks and mascara. I have never had a problem with any of the Avon products I have used.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

It's been a brand I've been loyal to since I was a teenager. I've known many Avon sellers in my life so I've probably buy more than a hundred products from them my whole life, particularly enjoyed the perfume line and their lipsticks are lovely.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I have used Avon products for 30 plus years! I love their skin products but wish they still carried Beauty Fluid, I believe that was what it was called! Better than Anew line and a heck of a lot cheaper!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I started using Avon as a teenager. Over the years my beauty routine has went through a lot of changes. Avon has changed with me. Their skincare products are my favorites. I would highly recommend them to women in their twenties or women in their fifties. They leave my skin feeling clean as well as moisturized. They help me look my best. Wrinkles and all.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I used to order Avon products all the time through a representative but she was no longer with Avon. The products I used to order are not on the Avon website. I have not used them for about 2 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

If you become a avon representative and if you do not sell anything and even if you try your best to sell avon Avon will cancel your avon account if you do not sell anything. They just care about how much money people make.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I have been a loyal Avon customer for more than 10 years. I have used their facial product anew Thermafirm, Skinvinsible, vitamin C serum, dual elixir, dual eye creme religiously every am and pm. Also I order some household items from them from plates to candles. Everything in my house, you could say came from Avon. All my make up is Avon.

My complaint is, after trying the dual elixir, and the line erase with retinol which is regular $60+ in a small tube. It does not work. It said after a week lines will show visible improvement. Well guess what I have been using it for over a month, my forehead lines are still the same. It didn't even touch it. No improvement, nothing. I have reached out to customer service and been getting the run around, then finally total silence from them. This is disappointing. Might as well use my money and invest in really good skin care product like Vichy, for although its super expensive, you know it works well. I am very disappointed and I pity my rep for she does everything to make my experience nice but the company itself doesn't do anything to help their reps.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

My Rep retired and the next thing I knew I had a delivery which I had not ordered. I immediately called to ask them to collect it. I was told not to worry but someone had opened an account in my name!!. There was a spelling mistake in my surname and I had recently married so was in fact incorrect anyway. Despite writing numerous times I have not had a response from them. They asked me not to contact the police as they would deal with but they clearly haven't and will not tell me how the account was opened despite it being fraudulent. Cannot be trusted with your data.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Avon is not the company it used to be. Years ago Avon actually cared. They cared that all their customers were 100% satisfied with their purchases and they 100% guaranteed your satisfaction. They prided themselves on Customer Service and Satisfaction and they would take ANY and ALL items that didn't fit or were not the right color or size, etc. back. This 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed was printed on every Avon receipt a rep handed to you and on every Avon Brochure. Things have changed! And they've changed for the worse for Avon customers. Now Avon offers a 90 day return policy WITH a lot of restrictions. They steer you to their website to read a full and complete list of these restrictions. They also print in their brochures that a lot of items are considered FINAL SALE/NO RETURNS.

It's like a clearance book. I bought a pair of shoes that were fairly new in the Avon brochure. They were printed on Page 5. Page 5 is at the beginning of the book, right?? Well sure enough in tiny print on the bottom of the page it says FINAL SALE/NO RETURNS. On page 5!!! Needless to say the shoes are too big, they do not run true to size apparently and I am stuck with a pair of shoes that are too big because the representative said it's one of "those" Final Sale items even though it had only been introduced back in Brochure 11 this year! Like I said, Avon is NOT the company it used to be. Avon does NOT care about Customer satisfaction anymore and they certainly do NOT guarantee Customer Satisfaction anymore either.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Purchased vitamin C serum and face mask and am disappointed. First, the mask gets really hot. Which is just an unneeded chemical to make you think something is working. But it has no real value. Second. The products do not live up to their advertisement. They just don't work. And third. I'm really disappointed that I had to come here to write a review. Personally, I rely on reviews for online shopping and sites that don't let you write a review are controlling the image.

Avon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avon has been empowering women to be their own bosses since 1886, the year that Avon’s founder, David H. McConnell, began recruiting women who used his products as salespeople. Today, women are still selling Avon as a way to earn extra income. Avon’s product line has expanded to include makeup, fragrances, clothes, skincare, bath and body products and jewelry.

• Become a representative: Women who already use Avon products can save money on their own products while making money selling products when they become a representative. Representatives can sell online, in person or both.

• One-stop shopping: Consumers can buy all of their skincare, makeup, bath and body products, jewelry and clothes from Avon, which can make shopping easy.

• A brand for every beauty dilemma: Avon has several brands that address different beauty dilemmas, such as acne, dry skin, oily skin, men’s skin and more.

• Outlet: Consumers can find quality products at bargain prices by shopping Avon’s online outlet sale. Save up to 65 percent on items, which change regularly.

• Avon Foundation: The Avon Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing awareness and providing support for victims of breast cancer and domestic violence. They fund programs, encourage outreach and award scholarships for deserving women.

• Best for: Avon products are best for women, particularly those who want to make extra income by becoming a representative.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs