2. Shopping

Avon Cosmetics

Avon Cosmetics
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

Avon Cosmetics Reviews

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have been using Avon make-up products for years. While some things are affordable, other products are not. I do use the Lipsticks and mascara. I have never had a problem with any of the Avon products I have used.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

It's been a brand I've been loyal to since I was a teenager. I've known many Avon sellers in my life so I've probably buy more than a hundred products from them my whole life, particularly enjoyed the perfume line and their lipsticks are lovely.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I have used Avon products for 30 plus years! I love their skin products but wish they still carried Beauty Fluid, I believe that was what it was called! Better than Anew line and a heck of a lot cheaper!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I started using Avon as a teenager. Over the years my beauty routine has went through a lot of changes. Avon has changed with me. Their skincare products are my favorites. I would highly recommend them to women in their twenties or women in their fifties. They leave my skin feeling clean as well as moisturized. They help me look my best. Wrinkles and all.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

After trials and testing have narrowed down every time I have tried the Avon Anew product range my eyes and face swell up - been getting worse each time - last 2 times I was unable to go to work and have been at specialists on every kind of treatment. I have discovered now that the best treatment for me was to throw all the Avon in the bin and since doing so have had no problems. I have since found many others who have said the same thing about the Anew range. Wish I had known about that before I put myself through the misery.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have ordered from Avon several times. My complaint is whenever I like a product it gets discontinued. I have been using the blush in Classic Aura shade for years. When I needed to reorder it was discontinued. I purchased several other brands from various stores but none of them were close in comparison to the application. Wasted money. I also ordered the Avon brand in the color that is said to be compatible in shade to the Classic Aura and it was not. More wasted money. I searched the web and found 4 through eBay. Sounds great but it is being shipped from Australia and costing me $109 for 4 brand new Avon blush in Classic Aura. Avon appears to be all about the latest trending shades and is constantly discontinuing colors in blush, lip color. When you find a shade that works perfect for you it is very disconcerting when it is no longer available.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I used to order Avon products all the time through a representative but she was no longer with Avon. The products I used to order are not on the Avon website. I have not used them for about 2 years.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

If you become a avon representative and if you do not sell anything and even if you try your best to sell avon Avon will cancel your avon account if you do not sell anything. They just care about how much money people make.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I have been a loyal Avon customer for more than 10 years. I have used their facial product anew Thermafirm, Skinvinsible, vitamin C serum, dual elixir, dual eye creme religiously every am and pm. Also I order some household items from them from plates to candles. Everything in my house, you could say came from Avon. All my make up is Avon.

My complaint is, after trying the dual elixir, and the line erase with retinol which is regular $60+ in a small tube. It does not work. It said after a week lines will show visible improvement. Well guess what I have been using it for over a month, my forehead lines are still the same. It didn't even touch it. No improvement, nothing. I have reached out to customer service and been getting the run around, then finally total silence from them. This is disappointing. Might as well use my money and invest in really good skin care product like Vichy, for although its super expensive, you know it works well. I am very disappointed and I pity my rep for she does everything to make my experience nice but the company itself doesn't do anything to help their reps.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

My Rep retired and the next thing I knew I had a delivery which I had not ordered. I immediately called to ask them to collect it. I was told not to worry but someone had opened an account in my name!!. There was a spelling mistake in my surname and I had recently married so was in fact incorrect anyway. Despite writing numerous times I have not had a response from them. They asked me not to contact the police as they would deal with but they clearly haven't and will not tell me how the account was opened despite it being fraudulent. Cannot be trusted with your data.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Avon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avon has been empowering women to be their own bosses since 1886, the year that Avon’s founder, David H. McConnell, began recruiting women who used his products as salespeople. Today, women are still selling Avon as a way to earn extra income. Avon’s product line has expanded to include makeup, fragrances, clothes, skincare, bath and body products and jewelry.

• Become a representative: Women who already use Avon products can save money on their own products while making money selling products when they become a representative. Representatives can sell online, in person or both.

• One-stop shopping: Consumers can buy all of their skincare, makeup, bath and body products, jewelry and clothes from Avon, which can make shopping easy.

• A brand for every beauty dilemma: Avon has several brands that address different beauty dilemmas, such as acne, dry skin, oily skin, men’s skin and more.

• Outlet: Consumers can find quality products at bargain prices by shopping Avon’s online outlet sale. Save up to 65 percent on items, which change regularly.

• Avon Foundation: The Avon Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing awareness and providing support for victims of breast cancer and domestic violence. They fund programs, encourage outreach and award scholarships for deserving women.

• Best for: Avon products are best for women, particularly those who want to make extra income by becoming a representative.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team