2. Shopping

Avon Cosmetics

Avon Cosmetics
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5

Avon Cosmetics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon Cosmetics?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I was an Avon rep and a customer wanted this Santa decoration. The item looked very cute in the brochure and website so I decided to purchase on for myself. I was so disappointed when when it came. The detailed work on the faces were awful. It was so embarrassing to know that my customer bought the same product. Avon isn’t fond of reps complaining about anything so I kept quiet and may give away this decoration. I get annoyed whenever I look at it because of the cost. I never asked the customer on what she thought of it because I presumed it looked like mine. Shortly after receiving this Santa, I resigned from Avon because of the quality of some of their items and I couldn’t stand behind their products.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Great products at an affordable cost. Love ordering online and trying new products. My favorite product is Skin So Soft which is great for your skin and as a bug repellent.

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I used to shop Avon.com in the past, for good deals on all different types of products, from lipsticks to skincare. Today, 2020, the selections are pitifully limited. No more variety. When I hover my mouse over certain glosses, it shows 20 different colors. But in clicking the actual product, it turns up only 6 colors. Wow. At least some of their product is available on Amazon and eBay.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I recently received an email from the company (Avon), to say that I’m at risk of being passed to a debt collection agency. I had no choice, but to raise a complaint with Trading Standards UK. I wasn’t told that I had to pay the invoice within 13 days of the order being placed. Because of this muck-up, I have no means to pay this “debt” - in which; I didn’t know I had built up, until I had received the email. I will NOT pay a company anything, if they can’t be bothered to tell someone if they have to pay the invoice, or not. I’m a vulnerable young adult, who has mental health issues.

The company has been using unfair practices, as follows:
      - Unnecessary and unhelpful use of legal and technical language
      - Contact at unreasonable times
      - Ignoring and/or disregarding debtors’ wishes

- Failing to provide debtors’ and/or creditors’ with information on status of debts.

1 * for the company seems to be too good, regarding what the company is worth.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

AVON Cosmetics ARE MADE OF CHEMICAL HARMFUL PRODUCTS IN POLAND. A friend of mine is selling the product of Avon secretly inside coffee shops, and she wanted me to buy something from her to finish the products she has got from them. I felt sorry for her and I bought two items from her. I used the lavender spray before bed time and it was chemical and I started having itchy eyes, skin and chest pain. Also I started having headache. Avon products are made of chemical products in Poland and are scum. Be careful and do not use and report them to the trade standard and to the police etc. Also warn people using the social media such as Facebook etc...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

My Avon Representative is a very professional employee, she make sure my questions are answered, she advised me about this lotion. I am pleased with results. I asked about price, she searched the best price, I asked about product. She explained in detail how this lotion would heal my skin, as other customers had purchased product, and was pleased with results.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

After trials and testing have narrowed down every time I have tried the Avon Anew product range my eyes and face swell up - been getting worse each time - last 2 times I was unable to go to work and have been at specialists on every kind of treatment. I have discovered now that the best treatment for me was to throw all the Avon in the bin and since doing so have had no problems. I have since found many others who have said the same thing about the Anew range. Wish I had known about that before I put myself through the misery.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have ordered from Avon several times. My complaint is whenever I like a product it gets discontinued. I have been using the blush in Classic Aura shade for years. When I needed to reorder it was discontinued. I purchased several other brands from various stores but none of them were close in comparison to the application. Wasted money. I also ordered the Avon brand in the color that is said to be compatible in shade to the Classic Aura and it was not. More wasted money. I searched the web and found 4 through eBay. Sounds great but it is being shipped from Australia and costing me $109 for 4 brand new Avon blush in Classic Aura. Avon appears to be all about the latest trending shades and is constantly discontinuing colors in blush, lip color. When you find a shade that works perfect for you it is very disconcerting when it is no longer available.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have been using Avon make-up products for years. While some things are affordable, other products are not. I do use the Lipsticks and mascara. I have never had a problem with any of the Avon products I have used.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I used to order Avon products all the time through a representative but she was no longer with Avon. The products I used to order are not on the Avon website. I have not used them for about 2 years.

Avon author review by ConsumerAffairs

Avon has been empowering women to be their own bosses since 1886, the year that Avon’s founder, David H. McConnell, began recruiting women who used his products as salespeople. Today, women are still selling Avon as a way to earn extra income. Avon’s product line has expanded to include makeup, fragrances, clothes, skincare, bath and body products and jewelry.

• Become a representative: Women who already use Avon products can save money on their own products while making money selling products when they become a representative. Representatives can sell online, in person or both.

• One-stop shopping: Consumers can buy all of their skincare, makeup, bath and body products, jewelry and clothes from Avon, which can make shopping easy.

• A brand for every beauty dilemma: Avon has several brands that address different beauty dilemmas, such as acne, dry skin, oily skin, men’s skin and more.

• Outlet: Consumers can find quality products at bargain prices by shopping Avon’s online outlet sale. Save up to 65 percent on items, which change regularly.

• Avon Foundation: The Avon Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing awareness and providing support for victims of breast cancer and domestic violence. They fund programs, encourage outreach and award scholarships for deserving women.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team