Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Avon Cosmetics

Avon Cosmetics
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

Avon Cosmetics Reviews

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

My Avon Representative is a very professional employee, she make sure my questions are answered, she advised me about this lotion. I am pleased with results. I asked about price, she searched the best price, I asked about product. She explained in detail how this lotion would heal my skin, as other customers had purchased product, and was pleased with results.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have been using Avon make-up products for years. While some things are affordable, other products are not. I do use the Lipsticks and mascara. I have never had a problem with any of the Avon products I have used.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

It's been a brand I've been loyal to since I was a teenager. I've known many Avon sellers in my life so I've probably buy more than a hundred products from them my whole life, particularly enjoyed the perfume line and their lipsticks are lovely.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I have used Avon products for 30 plus years! I love their skin products but wish they still carried Beauty Fluid, I believe that was what it was called! Better than Anew line and a heck of a lot cheaper!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I started using Avon as a teenager. Over the years my beauty routine has went through a lot of changes. Avon has changed with me. Their skincare products are my favorites. I would highly recommend them to women in their twenties or women in their fifties. They leave my skin feeling clean as well as moisturized. They help me look my best. Wrinkles and all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon?

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

AVON Cosmetics ARE MADE OF CHEMICAL HARMFUL PRODUCTS IN POLAND. A friend of mine is selling the product of Avon secretly inside coffee shops, and she wanted me to buy something from her to finish the products she has got from them. I felt sorry for her and I bought two items from her. I used the lavender spray before bed time and it was chemical and I started having itchy eyes, skin and chest pain. Also I started having headache. Avon products are made of chemical products in Poland and are scum. Be careful and do not use and report them to the trade standard and to the police etc. Also warn people using the social media such as Facebook etc...

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

After trials and testing have narrowed down every time I have tried the Avon Anew product range my eyes and face swell up - been getting worse each time - last 2 times I was unable to go to work and have been at specialists on every kind of treatment. I have discovered now that the best treatment for me was to throw all the Avon in the bin and since doing so have had no problems. I have since found many others who have said the same thing about the Anew range. Wish I had known about that before I put myself through the misery.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have ordered from Avon several times. My complaint is whenever I like a product it gets discontinued. I have been using the blush in Classic Aura shade for years. When I needed to reorder it was discontinued. I purchased several other brands from various stores but none of them were close in comparison to the application. Wasted money. I also ordered the Avon brand in the color that is said to be compatible in shade to the Classic Aura and it was not. More wasted money. I searched the web and found 4 through eBay. Sounds great but it is being shipped from Australia and costing me $109 for 4 brand new Avon blush in Classic Aura. Avon appears to be all about the latest trending shades and is constantly discontinuing colors in blush, lip color. When you find a shade that works perfect for you it is very disconcerting when it is no longer available.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I used to order Avon products all the time through a representative but she was no longer with Avon. The products I used to order are not on the Avon website. I have not used them for about 2 years.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

If you become a avon representative and if you do not sell anything and even if you try your best to sell avon Avon will cancel your avon account if you do not sell anything. They just care about how much money people make.

Avon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avon has been empowering women to be their own bosses since 1886, the year that Avon’s founder, David H. McConnell, began recruiting women who used his products as salespeople. Today, women are still selling Avon as a way to earn extra income. Avon’s product line has expanded to include makeup, fragrances, clothes, skincare, bath and body products and jewelry.

• Become a representative: Women who already use Avon products can save money on their own products while making money selling products when they become a representative. Representatives can sell online, in person or both.

• One-stop shopping: Consumers can buy all of their skincare, makeup, bath and body products, jewelry and clothes from Avon, which can make shopping easy.

• A brand for every beauty dilemma: Avon has several brands that address different beauty dilemmas, such as acne, dry skin, oily skin, men’s skin and more.

• Outlet: Consumers can find quality products at bargain prices by shopping Avon’s online outlet sale. Save up to 65 percent on items, which change regularly.

• Avon Foundation: The Avon Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing awareness and providing support for victims of breast cancer and domestic violence. They fund programs, encourage outreach and award scholarships for deserving women.

• Best for: Avon products are best for women, particularly those who want to make extra income by becoming a representative.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team