1.71/5

272 Avon Cosmetics Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My rep, Angie, has been my rep since we moved to this small town. She always has a new book out to me whenever one is out and she had come to know the products I enjoy most, so she'll tell me when to order and when to hang on for a sale. She cares more about her customers' happiness than the money she will make, or lose by helping customer s get the best deal. And I'm never worried when I need to return something, as she takes it in stride and tries to help best she can. If you're in my area of the world and need an Avon representative, hope to look for Angie as she's more like a friend than a salesman...

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I absolutely love Avon. I have been shopping with them for over a year and the products are very affordable. Avon makeup is the bomb. Especially with a bold makeup artist as myself! I tell everyone I know about Avon and their amazing products. I am in complete love with Avon.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I found other products to be very expensive in comparison and frankly were no better. The only problem I have is Avon will discontinue a color I like and use.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Avon products are affordable, good for your skin and always up to date and current with the latest makeup trends. Avon products are not considered as sophisticated as Revlon and other cosmetics but they are just as good and a good buy.

Original review: June 7, 2019

It takes time to put together an online order. Then I sent it to my local rep. Soon after I got an email that said I would hear from my Rep if my order was accepted. A few days later I find out that my Rep has not accepted (or replied) to my order. My option was to reorder and try another Rep or pay delivery and have it sent to my house. I am finished with Avon. The one product that I really like - I can buy a similar product for less money at Trader Joe's - across the border. (45 minutes away and I cross the border regularly). No more Avon for me. I can go to Winners and find really good products (cosmetics) at better prices than Avon. Or watch Costco coupons for good face creams (ROC, Olay Serum...) at a better price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avon?

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have never purchased Avon but Avon reported me for nonpayment of product at the credit reporting agency. I hired an attorney to sent Avon a letter but Avon will not help. Avon wrote me it is my problem if someone else used my identity. I think it is a Avon problem.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have always loved Avon and using their products, until I was told that I have an account with Avon that I never opened and that account has made a bad credit record for me. I don't understand the procedures of opening an account for someone at Avon, I phoned them and also asked for the addresses, phone numbers and the name of the manager am under in the contract. They refused to give me that information even the contract document itself. Am in accounting/Finance and before companies employ you they do credit check. That is how I knew about this account when the company told me they cannot employ me because of my credit record and I phoned TransUnion and they told me it's AVON. It hurts a lot because I wanted to lay a charge of fraud for the manager that proved a fraud account knowing. I never got the job and my case is not solved as yet. I would appreciate an assistance as this has affected my future already.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Comes to terms that Avon cosmetics has got some fake reps and even though they say all their agents are genuine then I have proved them wrong and they’ve gone quiet on the issue. October 2018 ordered items and nothing had been delivered in 4 weeks so gave them a bit more time and still nothing. Started a complaint with support and we were just going round in circles as they asked for details and all I could give them was the name of the rep and response was no such person.

I gave the photos of the form and they still claimed they had such person so this progressed to the CEO and all I have got is 1 answer and now they’ve gone silent. So in my case I’m guessing the Avon rep involved is going under a different name as on the photo provided to Avon there was a partial bit of another name scribbled out. But the Avon rep is still going round under a fake name so to my claims Avon are committing Fraud in terms of a fake name and numerous fails on delivering the customer orders.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I ordered a lipstick tester from your representative named RITA ** residing in Borivali West, Mumbai, India. She delivered the order in my absence, which means I was not there to check the delivery. On my arrival I checked the delivery and clearly it showed the product was not a fresh piece. I called her and she said my staff must have used it! Like really?? I have cameras in my salon. I have the proof that no one even touched it. And she is not ready to agree. She’s taken my money and not even exchanging my product. She’s not given me any receipt, god knows if she charged me the actual amount or cheated me. Even worse, she is carelessly avoiding my calls and messages. She is spoiling your reputation, I have no trust on your company. I am NOT recommending AVON to anyone. Your products must be good, but you have the worst representatives. I am disgusted by her behaviour.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I'm currently a representative for Avon and just started getting the credit limit/line $200... I was never told exactly how the credit limit/line worked; haven't heard from my so-called mentors in about 2 months or so. Common sense would be if you go above that amount you'd have to pay that overage??? Well apparently if you're under it they still charge you. The past two orders were under the $200 limit. And I got charged $165 for one and now being charged over $100 for this current one.

I specifically told Avon I can't afford to pay for the amounts they’re charging me every 2 weeks... Apparently it's not sinking in with them. I even asked to have the credit limit either removed or fixed it to where I thought (originally) that I'd be able to make money and just keep orders under $200. Boy I WAS WRONG! You go to complain about anything it goes in one ear out the other so that tells me they don't care about their representatives or they're HARD UP FOR MONEY!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

After selling Avon for 35 years I am absolutely disgusted. After 2 hrs trying to get through on Monday gave up. Tried for 15 mins on Tuesday no reply. Phoned order line. After 35 mins managed to get Avon paid.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Avon is a good brand, but if items are not on sale, they are quite expensive. They do have a great variety of makeup and I would recommend them. Avon is comparable to more expensive brands, as far as results.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Skin So Soft Bug Guard SPF 30 Sunscreen - I used this product yesterday on my son and I - we are both burnt lobsters now. Not only that, a drop came out onto my middle console in my brand new (less than 3,000 miles) vehicle and has ruined it. When I tried to wipe it up the plastic came off and now my console in my brand new car is ruined... I will never use this product again and will do what it takes to make sure no one else does either.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I've given this company the benefit of doubt for years and they continue to get worse and worse with their products. Mainly the clothing and their compact mirrors. I just bought a Hello Gorgeous glimmer compact and it was broken, their clothing is clearly made in a sub par sweatshop (arm three inches shorter and smaller than the other, sizes that are ridiculously different from real life like a 6 being a 16 or a 12 being a 4). I'm done.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Avon Customer Services is DISGUSTING. Their fig diffuser oil totally destroyed the paint on my bathroom windowsill after a few seconds when I accidentally spilt it. There is no warning on the product saying to keep it away from paint or I wouldn't have sat it there in the first place. They took 8 months of multiple emails and phone calls to eventually tell me 'Tough! It's your own fault'. And their attitude was so rude and dismissive. I will NEVER buy anything from them again.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I'm a representative and there are times when I have tried certain products and I got allergic to them. But they work great on some of them. My lines and wrinkles you cannot see. I have a customer she noticed I do not have any lines or wrinkles and the customer wanted to know what I used, the products that you use it all depends on how they are used. If used properly you will notice no lines and or wrinkles.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My Avon rep has sent my order back after asking her about animal testing. I always thought Avon had ceased to test on animals. She told me it’s another company that do it! Also many companies use another for animal testing. I asked if she could just deliver the pajamas then. Instead I was told to stop contacting her & she had sent my order back?! I have the right to ask a question surely without her being so rude! I am one angry ex customer in Grimsby!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Been Avon rep 8 months, initially enjoyed it. However things went awry quickly. It's taken 3 months to get a returns book. I refuse to pay money for items that should be easy to send back. So now I've been charged interest. Owe £388 6 days ago now £441. No means of paying it. They have charged me twice for unreturned items. Can't get through to anyone in English. They make it impossible to return stuff and send you items several months after they was ordered like you remember who ordered them. Also send replacement items that no one wants.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I tried this very popular company - twice! But it was a waste of time! Both times! First of all the only good thing about it - Is the startup fee! It’s very affordable! Then you will have to advertise your website to death; and go door to door to get steady customers! - Or try to sell it to your distant relatives or so called friends! And still it doesn't work! Despite how cheap their prices are! I still got complaints from customers - to lower it more! It was never cheap enough for them! Until I realized it’s enough! And no responses of orders online either for any orders! Despite my advertising it on social sites! So I'm done with them! Just because it’s easy to get started and cheap-doesn't mean it will work out for you! It’s not for everyone!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I placed an order from Avon website, I paid the transport to be delivered within 3-5 working days. After 4 days I realised I will not get my order (£49), I checked my confirmation mail from Avon and I realised I didn’t have any reference number for my order, I phoned customers service. I was put on hold and then hanged up... I was not impressed. When I emailed them they apologised but requested to speak with my husband which name was on the delivery address, what he had to do in all of this when I place the order and I paid with my own card??? Very disappointed... Very poor customer service!!! Not recommended!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I placed an online order because I was wanting some eyeliner. I normally would order through my cousin but since she doesn't sell Avon anymore I had to do an online order. I ended up receiving an order who belonged to someone else states away from me. I contacted Avon's customer service and they told me they would send me the right order but I needed to ship the wrong order back. They said they would email me a UPS label via email so I could print it out and send it back.

When I opened the email the attachment they sent me was a 1,300 page document with a bunch of letters and numbers on each page. I figured it was a mistake so I called customer service back and asked them to resend me the label and they did. Once again I opened the email and it was another 1,300 page document with no label. I then emailed Avon forwarding the document that was sent but never got a response. They apparently do not want their products back that bad. I won't be attempting to contact them anymore.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I placed an order with Avon in August and did not receive my products, They refuse to speak to me as I am not a representative. What kind of service is that? They are still out of stock after 3 months and say I MIGHT only get my things end of November like they say every month for the past 2 months. I will never buy Avon again after I have received my products from Avon. I AM DONE WITH THEM!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I'm a rep of 5 years and customer of some 30 years with AVON UK. I love the ANEW anti-aging range and it is their best ever. I like the LUXE range too. I would like to see AVON perfect the premium end of their products to ensure affordable high quality luxury and "bulletproof" make-up suitable for make-up addicts. My customers still demand paper brochures, however the online customer enjoys a faster service and social media is helping this along. AVON UK keep listening to your customers and reps and it will keep you in good stead for another 125yrs.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I recently started selling Avon, my first order place they messed up. Never sent out then tried to fix order and messed up again. It took them 3 tries to get an order with 3 items right. When I called into customer service they keep repeating themselves. I constantly had to get them to admit this was their error! Then they credited me 10 dollars and took that back in some fraudulent charge, the profit is change for a Rep they could care less. The website is a detour for first time buyers online. Very hard to navigate and unfriendly. I haven't quit because I'm trying to give them a full chance and I love smelling and looking good and meeting people and giving great cust. service experience. I am somehow sadden to know I'm competing with my own company who is selling products online and through Amazon instead of referring customer to a local Rep. I stubborn so I guess I'm either going to get burned real bad or make this work.

Original review: April 18, 2017

I am an Independent AVON Representative and Sales Leader (Part-time) going into year 5 in my local area. I joined because I like the products and I like the social aspect of serving customers in person or online, plus it is really local, I can serve most of my customers without using transport and that is a plus. I consider myself to be a customer turned order taker. I use the products myself and have a fair amount of home wear/clothing and beauty products all bought from AVON UK. I even source product from eBayers if I cannot get it from AVON (sold out or rare items). I like it that much. I am lucky to have some loyal customers who make me feel they look forward to their goods and to me.

The business becomes more personal and it is no longer just about making money. All my customers were customers of AVON long before I joined. Some of them were reps before and they just want to continue buying products they have come to rely on. AVON as a business have had their ups and downs but they are improving their processes. I have no plans to leave them in the near future. Just keep making good products, use more plant based ingredients and provide your reps with more online tools to appeal to the new tech savvy customers.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I quit being a representative on 1-30-17. I had a credit on my account for almost $50. I was told that they hold the funds for 30 days before submitting for a refund. After the 30 days it takes another 2-4 weeks for the refund to be submitted. It is now 10 weeks later and I was told a refund was submitted four days ago and it takes two weeks to arrive. So that is a total of three months waiting for MY money to be returned to me. Not acceptable!

Original review: March 23, 2017

I became an Avon rep a few months ago, wanting to earn some extra cash in my spare time. Delivery service was appalling. They delivered at 6 am and refused to deliver any later. Difficult to speak to anyone within customer service and get a sensible answer, Collection service lost my returns and despite receiving an email from Avon stating that they had confirmation that my return had been collected by the driver and that it was on the way back to them. They have since recharged the items to my account.

I called the helpline and gave them the collection receipt details and was told that was enough, then I received an email that Avon has not received my items and I will be charged for them again. I had to call them again and now they are saying that I need to prove that the items were sent back despite them already emailing me to confirm they had been collected. Collection drivers would not turn up to collect unless they also had something to deliver and all Avon would say is "oh sorry we will book it in for next month!!!" Avon does not care about their rep or customers, they only care about their own profit. I cannot represent a company like this. They will try to charge anything if you are not careful. Do not recommend.

Original review: March 21, 2017

Every time I find an Avon product I really like and buy a lot of, they discontinue it! I am so disgusted with their habit of taking away great and good selling products and attempting to replace them with shades that are boring. Here are 2 examples: The eye shadow quad that had 4 beautiful blendable shades called "Vibrant Spice" was great, then it was discontinued. It was replaced with dull version called "Desert Sunset" or something like that. Those simular shades are so plain and washed out looking that I almost returned the item but didn't want my neighbor who sells Avon to have to return it. I long for Vibrant Spice to return, but was given no hope according to Avon.

Before that there was a lip/cheek color of Blush Sparkle that was discontinued about the same time after I purchased 2 of the small clear compact like containers. There were others over time as well. These have been normal ongoing selling products, not special additions. Suddenly after selling for years, they are gone. Not fair! I want Vibrant Spice to come back. It is really the prettiest shadow shades of the whole quad line!

Original review: March 16, 2017

I am new to Avon products and happened to find an Avon book in the waiting area of a vehicle repair shop. I contacted the representative whose information was on the back and she happened to live a few blocks from me. I met her at her house and she went over the products I was interested in and she happened to have a few samples I could try. I ordered a few items being new to the brand and really liked them. I really enjoyed her professionalism.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I just started with Avon and on my first order I was very confused. I processed and paid for the order in full (so I thought) online. However when I received my order, there was a balance they claim I owed. I went back online to review my order, only to see that my invoice had been changed. Luckily for me, I was smart enough to print out my original order immediately after I paid for it. Although this mystery balance owed was a small amount, it is a very deceptive way to swindle reps out of money. So after deciding to pay the mystery balance, I closed my account. Avon is no longer an honest company and their products are not as good as they once were.

Avon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avon has been empowering women to be their own bosses since 1886, the year that Avon’s founder, David H. McConnell, began recruiting women who used his products as salespeople. Today, women are still selling Avon as a way to earn extra income. Avon’s product line has expanded to include makeup, fragrances, clothes, skincare, bath and body products and jewelry.

• Become a representative: Women who already use Avon products can save money on their own products while making money selling products when they become a representative. Representatives can sell online, in person or both.

• One-stop shopping: Consumers can buy all of their skincare, makeup, bath and body products, jewelry and clothes from Avon, which can make shopping easy.

• A brand for every beauty dilemma: Avon has several brands that address different beauty dilemmas, such as acne, dry skin, oily skin, men’s skin and more.

• Outlet: Consumers can find quality products at bargain prices by shopping Avon’s online outlet sale. Save up to 65 percent on items, which change regularly.

• Avon Foundation: The Avon Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing awareness and providing support for victims of breast cancer and domestic violence. They fund programs, encourage outreach and award scholarships for deserving women.

• Best for: Avon products are best for women, particularly those who want to make extra income by becoming a representative.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs