Nevada Small Claims Court Information
- Statues: Nevada Revised Statutes Annotated, Title 6, Sections 73.010-.060; Justice Court Rules of Civil Procedure, Ch. XII, Rules 88- 100.
- Dollar Limit: $5,000.
- Where to Sue: Where defendant resides or does business. Corporation resides where it does business or maintains an office.
- Service: Certified or registered mail with return receipt; personal service by sheriff, constable or court-approved adult.
- Hearing Date: Within 90 days from service.
- Attorneys: Allowed.
- Transfer: No provision.
- Appeals: By either side for review of law, not facts; to District Court within five days.
- Special Provisions: No equitable relief.
Note: This section outlines the special rules that apply to the small claims courts of all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Filing fees are not listed because they vary greatly and change frequently. Because court rules may change at any time, always check with the clerk of the small claims court to verify the accuracy of the information given for your state.