Nevada Small Claims Court Information
- Statues: Nevada Revised Statutes Annotated, Title 6, Sections 73.010-.060; Justice Court Rules of Civil Procedure, Ch. XII, Rules 88- 100.
- Dollar Limit: $5,000.
- Where to Sue: Where defendant resides or does business. Corporation resides where it does business or maintains an office.
- Service: Certified or registered mail with return receipt; personal service by sheriff, constable or court-approved adult.
- Hearing Date: Within 90 days from service.
- Attorneys: Allowed.
- Transfer: No provision.
- Appeals: By either side for review of law, not facts; to District Court within five days.
- Special Provisions: No equitable relief.
Note: This section outlines the special rules that apply to the small claims courts of all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Filing fees are not listed because they vary greatly and change frequently. Because court rules may change at any time, always check with the clerk of the small claims court to verify the accuracy of the information given for your state.
At ConsumerAffairs we love to hear from both consumers and brands; please never hesitate to Contact Us.
Advertisements on this site are placed and controlled by outside advertising networks. ConsumerAffairs.com does not evaluate or endorse the products and services advertised. See the FAQ for more information.
The information on our website is general in nature and is not intended as a substitute for competent legal advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information herein provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from the use thereof.
Copyright © 2018 Consumers Unified LLC. All Rights Reserved. The contents of this site may not be republished, reprinted, rewritten or recirculated without written permission.