- Statues: North Dakota Century Code Annotated, Title 27, Sections 08.1-01 to 1-08.
- Dollar Limit: $5,000.
- Where To Sue: Where defendant resides. Corporation resides where it does business or where breach or injury occurred.
- Service: Certified mail or disinterested adult.
- Hearing Date: 10-30 days from service.
- Attorneys: Allowed.
- Transfer: If defendant requests, case tried under regular civil procedure of Court.
- Appeals: Not allowed.
- Special Provisions: No equitable relief except to cancel agreements obtained by fraud or misrepresentation. No jury trial. Right to sue may not be transferred. No prejudgment attachment. Plaintiff's withdrawal of case results in dismissal with prejudice.
Note: This section outlines the special rules that apply to the small claims courts of all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Filing fees are not listed because they vary greatly and change frequently. Because court rules may change at any time, always check with the clerk of the small claims court to verify the accuracy of the information given for your state.