Toshiba Computers

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.58/5
Based on 1,365 ratings

Toshiba Computers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toshiba Computers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toshiba?

Original review: June 14, 2020

I bought this laptop 5 years ago with the help of a knowledgeable friend. I insisted on buying a separate mouse and keyboard to go with the laptop and they have worked well. However, I have had to bring the Toshiba to Best Buy on several occasions to diagnose and repair problems. Often, the Geek Squad does not fix the difficulty. An example: The spell check feature doesn't work and they haven't been able to make it work. That is certainly a drawback to typing. Recently, I attended a Zoom meeting for the first time and my microphone didn't work; I could hear the others but nobody could hear me. The Geeks said the microphone WAS working fine. Oh well... I'm not totally happy with the device but not ready to replace it either.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I have used Toshiba lap tops since DOS days and have found them very, reliable, stable and strongly built to take punishment. One time I was washing my car with soap solution and forgot my window was open soaking my Toshiba With soapy water. I sprayed it down with fresh clean water and sat it in the sun to completely dry out. Amazingly, it came on and worked faithfully for several years after that.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2020

My laptop has been extremely reliable and included Windows updates through Windows 10. It has a touch screen and also works well with a mouse - very economical price. I have been using it mainly for doing our taxes but it also is handy for web browsing and email. I am able to print wirelessly from it and the laptop is very light to carry.

Original review: June 6, 2020

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite touch-screen laptop in 2013 from one of the larger chain stores for around $400. I wouldn't have given it 5 stars on every account if it didn't deserve them! I have had plenty of computers in my lifetime (I'm sixty now) and this has been The Most Reliable one so far! I love it. Finally, after seven years, I'm thinking of taking it in for a "tune-up". But that's it - this laptop has never failed me. The only issue I have is that the power bar (battery) is done now. I have to keep the thing plugged in all the time but I don't really lug this around with me anyway - it's far too heavy and cumbersome for that. Other than that, this is the best computer I've ever owned.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I'm typing this on a 11-y.o. Toshiba laptop. That by itself speaks volumes. It runs Win 7, it has limited specs, but the only thing that bogs it down are the browsers these days. The hardware on Toshiba can be iffy, I had another Toshiba that brand-new had a faulty RAM memory slot, so one out of the two slots could not be used. On this one the SD card slot and the webcam are not working, but these can easily be bypassed. If you eliminate the bloatware and become familiar with MSConfig and services.exe (where you can set up what starts on the computer), Toshibas can last a very long time.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I’ve had no problems with the computer. It’s be with the windows 10 not easy for old untrained people. It seems too fast a confusing to understand. The computer is great. Easy to use. Also understanding all applications.

Original review: June 18, 2020

We have been using our Toshiba laptop computer for years with no problems. We had to have a virus removed several years ago, and it has worked like new ever since. It has been reliable and when we have to replace it, we will definitely buy another Toshiba.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Keyboard on the laptop crapped out right after warranty. Poor quality keyboard fails to work. Poor standard of construction. Feels like it will fall apart. Plastic cheap feel, screen equally so. Plug in wire easily pops out. Can’t feel like you turned in on.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Toshiba laptops are good computers. I've had a Toshiba Satelite C655-S5512 for around 10 years and have very few and minor issues. I would recommend Toshiba to those looking for a reliable laptop. You'll be more than satisfied. Thanks for listening.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I bought this Satellite 6 years ago, never had a problem with it. i would most certainly buy another of this brand. The reason I chose Toshiba was the reliability. The speed is great compared to my old unit.

Toshiba author review by ConsumerAffairs

Headquartered in Tokyo, Toshiba is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation with roots that extend back to 1875. Now, Toshiba offers a full range of hard drives, digital storage solutions, digital displays, business solutions, laptops and tablets. Toshiba laptops are built for high-performance to keep up with numerous business applications and are available at select retailers.

• Portege Z Hybrid: Toshiba’s Portege Z Hybrid laptops are designed to combine ultrabook performance with tablet portability.

• Portege WT20 Tablet: Toshiba’s tablet is designed for performance and business use. It is a thin tablet computer that blends portability and durability.

• Tecra C series: The Tecra C series of laptops are all-around functional laptops designed to run basic business programs. They are designed for portability and efficiency.

• Tecra A series: The Tecra A series of touchscreen laptops come equipped with extra power to run many different business applications.

• Tecra Z Series: Toshiba’s Tecra Z series of laptops are designed to be durable and portable for the worker on-the-go. They are built with lightweight shock-absorbing material that keeps them from becoming cumbersome.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team