Toshiba Computers

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is my 2nd Toshiba (Satellite C55) and by far it's the worst laptop I've ever owned. Extremely sensitive key pad (even after adjusting mouse control). I constantly get my screen turning sideways. There's no indicator light to let you know when a program downloads and have you seen how they package the hard drive inside? It cheap, cheap, cheap. Never again Toshiba. You've trashed a good product.

I got 17' laptop on Apr 19 2016 for 400 dollars plus tax. On Aug. 21 it's stop working. I shipped laptop for repair in Toshiba repair center. They received it on Sep. 2. I was informed that laptop will be fixed in 7-10 business days. On Sep.16 it was still in repair process. I called supervisor and was informed that they can not replaced hard drive because no hard drive is stock. I said that nothing wrong with hard drive, so he opened a new case and 2 days I see on website update about other part what need to be replace, they don't have it stock also. I was keep calling and finally Oct.3 got the info. I need to wait until the end of October. In mean time I was informed my warranty has expired. So I demand my money back.

I CALLED 5 TIMES before I got a call back. On Oct.11 I was talked I will get just 320 back as a Visa card which I need to wait for 4 to 8 weeks. Original offer was 190 because depreciation value (After 3 months old?). THIS COMPANY ARE CROOKS. WE NEED TO GET CLASS ACTION CASE AGAINST THIS COMPANY. Compliance about them on ALL consumers web sites and blogs.

My Toshiba Satellite purchased in November 2015 was still under warranty when it suddenly died on August 21, 2016. I worked with the charger plugged in but not on battery. After time on the phone with tech support it was determined the problem was with the battery. I was told a new battery would be shipped under warranty. Toshiba took my credit card number in case I didn't return the defective battery and promised the replacement battery would ship within 7-10 days. Well, it's October 10th and the ship by date has been revised for the 3rd time, to November 4th. No explanation, no email. I need to log in to the website and see the new ship date. Trying to navigate the telephone menus to get a real live person to explain this is an exercise in futility. Why do I have the feeling that I will never see a replacement battery from Toshiba?

I purchased Toshiba Satellite from Toshiba direct on June 2014. In March 2015, I noticed white spots on the screen and the battery does not last more than 2 hours (It should last 5-6 hours according to specifications). I called Toshiba support and asked for replacement since it's in warranty. They replied that the warranty covers a repair and not replacement unless the unit is fully nonfunctional! The unit was sent and they replaced both the battery and the LCD (as they say!). When I got the unit back in 2 weeks and upon getting the unit out of the shipping box, I found that the frame was loose! I called them again and they asked to send it back again! They replaced the frame and the cover! I complained and asked them that since they now replaced 4 items (the LCD, frame, cover & battery and some small stuff) it would be more practical to replace the full unit to avoid any future problems!

They stated that the replaced parts have their own warranty outside the laptop warranty! I got the laptop back in July/August 2015! In April 2016, I started to have issues with the frame. While cleaning the screen with a soft cloth, I noticed that a press on the bottom of the frame close to the right corner makes the screen switch off! Releasing the press will restore the screen back on. I ignored this because I fed up with Toshiba quality of service until last month when the screen started to fade out unless I press on the frame or knock the back of the cover until it is restored! I called Toshiba again complaining and as expected, they said the laptop warranty is over! I notified them that this is related to the repair so both it is warranty of the repair and replaced parts and notified them that they already had issues with the screen and frame so apparently it is a quality of parts or repair!

They said that the warranty of parts follow the laptop warranty (They apparently lied to avoid any more repair)! I asked them so how they would think I can trust any repair since the current issue is related to the repair basically! They first said that a repair when the laptop is out of warranty (a repair that I pay for) will have 1 year warranty unlike if it is repaired in warranty then it follow the laptop warranty! Later when I asked if that means that they don't care enough while repairing in warranty since it will have no warranty, they said any replaced parts or repairs don't have warranty. I asked if that means if I repair it now on my own, and it fails again after 5-6 months will I have to pay again, they said yes! Apparently, they are non-professional! I would like to ensure the consumer protection rights should interfere against such dealers that do not provide quality products particularly laptop is expensive (I got it for around $1,000)!

I have been trying since September 2013, just to get a message to Toshiba customer service. However they have so many sites I just kept sending and sending with absolutely NO satisfaction! September 2013, yes 3 years ago... My granddaughter was getting ready to start University and of course needed a computer. She had worked so very hard for every dollar. We had heard that Toshiba was a great product. So she took her $600.00 and bought one. I convinced her it was an excellent product and if by chance something went wrong Toshiba would take care of her. We bought it at Future Shop. (big mistake).

Within the first 2 months it started having problems and she was not able to use it for her school work. Future Shop took it back, not caring if she needed it for her classes or not. And when she phoned after a week she was told it would take at least another week. They ended up changing the motherboard. Actually it was changed twice in the first few months. On one of the trips to get it fixed Future Shop kept it almost 3 weeks. She was starting to fail some of her classes because she needed the computer for her schoolwork.

By I believe February 2014, she had to purchase another computer as the Toshiba was a nightmare and the people that they have warranty it are useless! I am just so frustrated... I have this $600.00 piece of... sitting in my home. Don't want to throw it away... (don't know why) I am hoping that Toshiba will ask me for this old one and send her a replacement that perhaps is up to the standards that got them their good reputations in the first place. So... I really hope this gets to someone that gives a hoot! I have not put down all the problem but I think whoever reads this will get the idea. So... Thanks for reading. I hope... and I also hope that I hear from someone... anyone... that represents this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toshiba?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I send my laptop for repair. The guys in the repair depot broke the usb port and now they say it's not covered by Toshiba. I regret buying this. Never buy Toshiba.

Called Customer Service to create a ticket for my Toshiba Laptop as the left hinge was bent and starting to crack the back plastic cover (LCD Screen) near the hinge. The first response was not covered by support, and I sent it into for repair and it was determined damage, then I would be liable for the repair. I reminded them of the hinge lawsuit, and suggested that they should engage with manufacturing. The support manager mentioned other consumers had called in and reporting a hinge problem but it was not officially a recall.

I asked how they determine damage and they asked me to send them to pictures and they escalated my concern to a manager. 15 seconds after I sent the pictures the manager said it was damage caused by me because the back of the cover had a hairline crack in it. I explained it was a hinge defect that cause the crack, and I had never dropped the unit. The notion of being able to flip the screen around 180 degrees to use in a tablet mode, which was heavily advertised, touted, and marketed as a capability at Best Buy, was too much stress on the hinge in my opinion.

I would also suggest that Best Buy start offering service experience reviews on the laptop brands they carry on their websites and in their store. We all understand what is a product review, but few retailers have service level reviews. When you call customer service, how was that experience? When you call Toshiba support, how was that experience? If a senior merchandising or geek squad executive from Best Buy was on the phone with the Toshiba support team, he/she would have severed the ties with this manufacturer years ago.

My webcam would not work since day 1. Called Technical Service on 7/4/2016 and was assured that they have the best technicians to solve my problems but, I have to pay $99.95. Reluctantly, I did after much clarification. The best technicians could not solve the problem and was told that I need to send my laptop back to their depot.

In the meantime I requested for a refund of $99.95 (starting from 7/5/2016) and was assured that it will be done in 3 business days. Nothing happened after 3 days called again and was told another 3 days. The process went on for 2 weeks. Each time I was told the same thing (1) my case has been escalated to the next level and (2) I don't have to worry and everything will be solved. When I asked for a confirmation via email the standard answer I get is email system is down. This went on until 7/20/2016. Throughout the whole time I must have spoken to more than 8 personnel.

Meanwhile, the people at depot said there was nothing wrong with my webcam. I called the HQ in California. Spoke to a guy who assured me everything (this was 7/29/2016) would be take care. I raised my concerns and was given a list of promises. So, I emailed that guy the list of things that he agreed to do (emailed on 7/31/2016). My case was also sent to the Corporate Escalation team. "A girl" called my sister (as I am based overseas) and assured my sister a number of things. I also emailed that guy the list of things that "a girl" agreed to deliver (same email on 7/31/2016). But not all the promises from that guy were fulfilled (probably only 2 or 3 out of 5) and nothing from "a girl".

That guy, in his email, said that he tested my webcam and everything seems ok (based on his email on 8/3/2016). Then I gave him an error code and told him to explain the error code that I was getting. No reply. On 8/10/2016, I emailed that guy to ask him to follow-up with "a girl" as I need the transaction code from Toshiba for my bank to verify. No reply. 8/12/2016 I emailed that guy to tell him that I am not comfortable with the long silence. No reply. Instead he emailed me on 8/15/2016 asking me what to do with my laptop - in this email of his, my 8/10/2016 and 8/12/2016 emails were not in the thread. Then I was given an online survey to fill. Obviously, I was totally pissed by now and I expressed my deepest dissatisfaction. I think Toshiba must have taken that evaluation personally.

I re-send my 8/10/2016 and 8/12/2016 emails to that guy on 8/15/2016. I even called that guy on his direct line and left a voice mail. On 8/16/2016, I emailed that guy twice - one on the old email thread and one on a new email thread. Unfortunately, by now the quality of service has gone from bad to worse. This is definitely the last straw that broke the came's back with Toshiba. I just want my laptop back and I hope that I will not have anymore problems with it. I have been using Toshiba for the past 7 years and have bought 5 units (for myself and family members). There has never been any complaints until now.

I bought this computer in 2013. Within 5 Months the hard drive went out and to be replaced. The hard drive has went out twice on this computer. If I could give them zero stars I would. I told Toshiba about class action lawsuits against them and they refused to refund my money. Toshiba Laptops are the worst on the market. DO NOT BUY THEM!!! A Toshiba Rep offered to give a Laptop of a different brand. Then he told me Best Buy ripped me off. Then he tried to charge me 400 dollars for a tech to come out. Toshiba used to be the TVS and things on the market but as of lately they have been nothing but Junk. I use my computer for a lot of stuff. Spend your money on a different brand. Do not buy Toshiba Laptops. They are Complete Junk!!!

I bought a brand new Toshiba computer Click model. About six months later the keyboard started doing strange things. It would type more than one letter, not type a letter, omit all types of things, as well as having the cursor disappear so it was nearly impossible to even correct documents. I called Toshiba in July and spent a few hours on telephone with techs. At one point tech took over control of entire laptop to fix software issue. It seemed to work for an hour or so and then the same thing happened. When I finally called back they gave me a printed address label and authorization to send computer to them.

I sent computer on July 20th and had an insurance tracer number. I hadn't heard a thing from them so I called on July 29th. I told them situation, so tech starts asking me questions that seemed as if he was questioning my integrity. "How many keys were acting up," he asks. "When did you first call about the problem," stupid questions like this.

I was starting to get mad, I asked, "What difference does it make if you have not received my laptop?" I stated. "I am not calling for Tech support, I am calling to see if you have received it because I have heard nothing?" I said. Well, if you can believe this the guy asked if I sent it in after giving him my name and case number, "Yes," I replied. So, then he tells me, "Well, you need to call the police." I said, "Are you serious?"

He was as serious as can be. Had to be one of the most ignorant people that I have ever met in my life. Had no reason to be in "customer service," much less a "Technical Expert," for what I thought was a major computer manufacturer. In all seriousness, he was nothing more than a hired con man by a Mickey Mouse operation cheating thousands and thousands of people by the reviews that I have read.

I called back and ask to speak to a supervisor. I read to this new guy the date I mailed it and the date that it was signed by a Toshiba representative in "Receiving." Toshiba signed for it on July 22, 2016. The man placed me on hold and apparently called Jeffersonville, In, where they had just "found it." He apologized and promised that someone would be on the case. I called last week, and spoke to a lady rep in Tech services. I ask why they don't update their website, where you are suppose to go to look up repair status.

This was at the end of the call where she left me on hold for twenty minutes until a brand new "Tech," was all ready to help me, and "No," they had no idea about my computer, but if I could give them my new information they could help me. In other words, I spent forty five minutes with a tech who passed me off to a complete stranger since she had no answer to my question concerning their lousy service.

Before she passed me off to a stranger, however, she informed me that my laptop was awaiting parts, and this was the reason for the delay. That was at least a week ago, the website states that it is in repair, period. No call, no support, no nothing, but wait, wait, wait and maybe one day we may fix it. The laptop had a few missing keys and some that didn't work. I explained to them that I live in Houston where there is high humidity and possibly that was the problem?

What parts are they waiting for? A few keys? A new keyboard? Having experienced what I have experienced I went on Toshiba website to review their feedback. The feedback looks as if it came off of eBay where a person is in China selling 128 GB Thumb Drives for ten cents. I will never buy another Toshiba product again and that is sad, as my first laptop was a Toshiba maybe fifteen years ago and I loved it. Today is the eighth of August and when I visited their site it says that it is in "repair."

Yes, I don't doubt it, as it Sat in "Receiving," for seven days and would still be sitting there had I not been proactive and sought someone who would force a call to retrieve it. What a dog and pony show! Thank God, I bought one of those two year replaceable warranties that I can use as soon as Toshiba returns it about the time my warranty will be up. Con men and thieves are the only words that come to mind!

The Toshiba Satellite C75D-87100 Serial number ZE 039 7U laptop I purchased... and this is actually the second Toshiba I have purchased, had the monitor/screen display fail just less than one year from purchase. You agreed to repair it. Now, less than five months later, the same problem has occurred, but your tech was very quick to tell me (yesterday August 2nd 2016) that it was no longer under warranty and I would have to repair it via an authorized dealer or by calling this number 408-262-7877, the after warranty repair. I am not complaining about your representative; he did try to find services for me and was polite.

I am intelligent enough to know the laptop is out of warranty, however, having no guarantee on your repairs is worse than useless. It is senseless to think that the average customer is happy with having to replace a laptop every 12 to 18 months. As well, I have talked to other owners and the monitor/screen display is a known problem with Toshiba.

You have a badly designed or cheap component. I would think you would fix this issue, instead you depend on warranty dates refusing to replace said bad component, to even give it a professional check by an authorized technician, hoping customers won’t realize they bought something so fragile that even sitting still (not moved, not packed in a case, on a table, nothing moving touching or rocking it) they have wasted their money.

I have no intention of spending a dime on this machine, and I certainly have no intention of buying another product from you. As well, I intend to report this series of transactions to every online support group, the Better Business Bureau, and social media. It is not being petty, If I can save one other customer this aggravation, as well as money spent, it is worth it. Please reconsider your business practices.

Toshiba shipped me a new laptop with an outdated operating system installed on it (windows 7) and some windows 10 DVD disks. As it is an ultrabook, $3000, but no DVD drive. No prob I knew this. I created USB media. It seems it would not install W10 from the USB. I tried to contact support and can only get speaking with a computer. They sell you their stuff and if you have a problem you're on your own. Buy a Dell.

On 12/28/2016, I purchased a Toshiba Laptop, Radius 15 PS from Best Buy in Florida while vacationing there. About three days later I returned to Best Buy and told them that the computer was malfunctioning. The agent turn on the computer and told me that the computer was OK. I was disappointed with the agent. When at home, the computer displayed several messages on the screen from time to time. The messages stated, "computer failed to connect to windows service, system failure, internet explorer by Toshiba not working". When typing the pointer jumps to other areas on the screen, page unresponsive and often the computer freezes, and on and on.

When I made a complaint a person in India by the name of Sammy called me on 5/24/2016. He spoke limited English so he could not help me. On June 16, 2016, I reported this incident to the President of Toshiba America Systems, Inc. I am yet to receive a response. I am convinced that Toshiba refurbishes old computers and resell them as new. Either they return my $874.97 or send me a new computer not a refurbished one.

Had a computer for 5 months. The screen stopped working. So I sent it to Toshiba, which cost $30. However the cost to fix the computer was greater than the replacement cost so they just didn't fix it. The warranty was worse than worthless. It cost money!

Bought a new gaming Toshiba laptop just over 2 years ago. It was nearly $2,000 at the time, which was top of the top of the line for Toshiba, might have been one of the top consumer models available. It came with a one year warranty. I did NOT buy the extended warranty. This summer, it stopped charging. I ordered a new charger, that didn't work. I ordered a new battery, that didn't work. Out another 150$ here. This one has a dedicated video card sandwiched in, and a heat sink that would impress NASA. I didn't want to tackle repairing this myself. I decided to send it in for repair, knowing it would be my dime. I expected this to be in the range of $600 repair, and I begrudgingly accepted that. The Toshiba repair facility stated that the motherboard is bad, but there are not replacement motherboards available. They sent it back unable to repair.

Note, a defective motherboard should be a manufacturer defect, but admittedly, this is beyond the 1 year manufacturer warranty. Now I have a $2000 paperweight. I called Toshiba, and asked for them for help. I told them I was willing to pay for the manufacturer defect, and it was not my fault they did not have replacement parts for a top end laptop. They said I needed to buy a new computer, there was nothing they would do. I find this completely unacceptable. The computer model itself is only about 3 years old.

Refurbs are available, but they generally run $1,200 to $1,400. I asked them to take my computer on trade for a refurb. They refused. The person actually told me this was likely my fault because sometimes installing a program can cause a motherboard to go bad. WTF?? Now they are insulting my intelligence? I have bought more than 15 or 20 laptops in my life (been a developer for over 30 years), and nearly all were Toshiba. I will NEVER buy another Toshiba after the way they treated, make that screwed me on this one.

Last November(2105) I bought a new Toshiba laptop while I was living in the US. In June of 2016 the laptop would not charge while in use - it says that it is plugged in and NOT charging. It got very hot a few times. It is not on the battery recall list. Toshiba says they won't do anything because I am in Canada - I said no problem - I will be back in the US in 2 months. Their answer was still no service within the warranty period. I would need some kind of special "international" warranty but provided no other information on this mysterious international warranty. So I asked if I buy another battery pack how can I tell I am not going to get another defective battery? They had no answer for that either. My last ACER lasted for 9 years. Wouldn't buy anything Toshiba again given the life of the product and the disappearing warranty.

Seven months ago, my husband, a computer systems engineer, purchased a new laptop for me after doing a decent amount of research. Based on the specs I needed and a few other criteria, he chose the Toshiba Satellite 4K Ultra HD. At first I was thrilled. It was lightweight and fast. After a couple of months though, things began to go wrong. My touchpad began to malfunction and to this day still does not work properly. I have been on the phone with tech support more times than I can count and each time it seems as if they are just reading from a script; no one actually listens to the issue. I have had to wipe my laptop and do a clean install numerous times and it still is not working properly.

For a business person, wiping a laptop clean, having to reinstall all of your programs and uploading a full backup takes a great deal of time and is a very frustrating experience after a while. Then a month ago my hard drive failed; there was a fatal disk error on my solid state hard drive. After speaking with tech support numerous times, I was finally told I could have a new hard drive sent to me to install myself. Great, I thought. I gave all of my information and was told I would have the part in about 5 days and would be kept apprised of the situation through my case #.

After a very frustrating 3 weeks without any updates on their end, I finally received my hard drive which my husband installed (thankfully I married an engineer). He was able to rectify a number of software issues my laptop was having. Again, though, my touchpad refused to work properly. Since then, I have had to call tech support numerous times as they are completely unhelpful and was finally just told that I would have to send my laptop in and have it diagnosed by a technician which would take 7 to 10 days. All I can say is, this is a ridiculous amount of time for someone who has not had his/her laptop working properly for months on end at no fault of his/her own. No one in the company is sympathetic, willing to work with you as a customer or interested in the poor communication and tech skills of the staff.

When I mentioned to a head supervisor that I have never received a call back after numerous phone calls and promises, that my touchpad issue has yet to be rectified after months and months, and that I still cannot use my laptop for business, he brushed it off like it was no big deal. My husband and I own our own software company and we have developed many partnerships with various hardware and software companies over the years like Microsoft, Dell, Symbol, Hewlett Packard, Sysco, just to name a few, and I can honestly say that Toshiba's tech/customer support has been one of the worst I have ever dealt with. Not only will I never buy a Toshiba product again, but I of course will not be buying for or recommending it to my customers. I am extremely disappointed in Toshiba as a company. I had high hopes for the laptop.

I have had the laptop for 7 months, bought it brand new and registered it with Toshiba. This is the first Toshiba I ever owned and I regret it. On June 20th the laptop worked excellent, but on June 21st I turned it on and it asked for a HDD/SSD password. After many hours of researching I began to realize that this was a password set up in the BIOS for my hard drive.

First, why does my hard drive have a password? Upon research it appears there is a password in case it gets stolen (security). Second, When did password get set up? Answer: I have no clue as I have never been in the BIOS screen. I do not believe I ever set up a password for HDD/SSD, but maybe when first bought computer in the initial setup, but could not get confirmation from Toshiba. Third: Why did it take 7 months for this issue to show up? If I did set a password for laptop, why did I not have to use it the whole time, or why did it ask for it now?

Fourth: getting answers from Toshiba is next to impossible. They take no responsibility, and I can kinda see why if I had set a password and forgot it. I am unable to even check if there was a recent BIOS update that may have changed the settings. Fifth: Why even do this? Wouldn't encryption work better? And if forgot password, reformat hard drive, but still usable. This way it is completely unusable. I will definitely make sure my next laptop does not have this hard drive password feature, or if it does disable it in some way. I now have an i7, 12G, with 5 months warranty still, paperweight. Maybe a snack tray? I will think of new uses for this expensive, inert piece of plastic. Signed: completely disenchanted.

I bought a Toshiba Satellite Laptop less than a year and a half ago. The battery has always had a short charge-life and now it is dead. I contacted Toshiba for a replacement under their massive battery recall program. They have acknowledged batteries in their laptops overheat & melt, destroying computers. They tell me my battery is not on the recall list. They refuse to provide me with a new battery and blamed me for not informing them that they installed a bad battery in my computer. I warn anyone considering buying a Toshiba laptop that they will be buying an inferior product and that Toshiba has no willingness to provide the customer with any corrective action. Basically I was told I am out of luck.

I have owned my Chromebook 2 for 18 months. I am generally a careful and light user of my laptop. I have been able to troubleshoot the problem based on forums that established the screen darkness due to a faulty back-light (no longer working). I hoped to have it fixed by Toshiba but just saw their base prices for a "minor" fix was $252 plus having to pay for shipment and insurance. Moreover, the comments on this website regarding poor customer service at their repair center is disheartening. Bottom line... it will be just as expensive (or more) to have the screen lighting repaired. So although 18 months is way too fast, I am basically forced to buy a new laptop. They call this "planned obsolescence" and I find it a disgracefulness business practice. Guess what. I will NOT be buying another Toshiba!

My first ever laptop was a 2nd hand Toshiba that my mother gave to me for work. It must have been at least 5 years old when I got it, so to say that it was OLD (by technology's standards) is an understatement. But man that laptop was a workhorse. I was able to use it for everything I needed back then, including work and video games. I remember I was able to play my old PlayStation 1 and Nintendo 64 games using an emulator, and the graphics on my laptop were flawless. Heck, even after I bought a new laptop, I still preferred to play some of my games on my Toshiba.

But since I already bought a new one and my girlfriend was in need of a laptop for work, I decided to give her my Toshiba so it could be put to better use. I remember she used that laptop all day and night, 7 days a week. Would you believe that the laptop, given that it was already more than 5 years old at the time (which is probably like senior citizen's age in human years) was still able to last 3 good years? 3 years of hardcore usage. Honestly when I first got it, I didn't think it would last a year of moderate use, let alone 3 years of heavy use.

So if we ever get to save enough money for a brand new laptop, you can bet that Toshiba will be in our top 3 list. When we finally retired my old Toshiba, I gotta admit that I cried a little inside. It set the standard for laptops for me, and whenever I scout for new laptops, I always think to myself first, "Will this laptop last as long my old Toshiba?" 'Cause if it won't, then pass. Thanks Toshiba for producing such kick-ass laptops. Hope that your new ones are just as resilient and reliable.

I have had this Toshiba Laptop for 6 years and it is quite simply THE BEST. The only time problem I've had was when the screen was showing green tint, but this is my fault as I have faulty practice in closing the screen. Anyway, I had the warranty and when I took it to the service centre, they resolved it quickly. That was 5 years ago and I've never had that problem since! It is a workhorse! This has been a real best friend to me since my thesis days up to now where I use it for work. This TOSHIBA LAPTOP is CLASS!

The laptop has had a lot of problems and each time I am asked to pay for the box and shipping for the return. If the problem is software related I have to pay an additional amount, the price for that is outrageously expensive. Disappointed with the company and its product.

I ordered a Toshiba Satellite laptop on Feb. 17, 2016. I ordered it from Office Depot and it had an instant rebate plus I was to receive a $50 prepaid Visa Card.

The laptop arrived around the 22th. I used it and installed a browser etc., downloaded a few programs and waited for my tech guy to transfer all my files. I did not write any emails during this time. I had the computer exactly 1 week before he transferred files and installed some other programs for me. I still didn't have any problems for about 2 weeks.

After this time, the laptop started acting up. Typing e-mails, in Gmail which I have been using for many years produced a delay. I type a letter and there is a delay before it shows up on the screen. This is very annoying and causes me to make many mistakes. Then, all of a sudden, sometimes when I have my right hand near the laptop, it goes to sleep in the middle of whatever I am doing. On April 8, I called Office Depot and their return policy is 15 days. They told me to call Toshiba which I did. They also told me their return policy is 15 days. I was flabbergasted! I will try to make a long (way over 1 hour) story short here.

The prepaid Visa card was never ordered. Apparently they are sending me a check. I'll believe that when I see it. Next onto tech support. I could not understand 1 word the first guy said then I asked for a supervisor. Bottom line is yes, I have a defective product. I need to reset the computer to factory defaults, erasing all my files but worst of all, the programs. I have some very old programs that don't like 64 bit systems and it takes a special talent to install them on a new computer. This would wipe them out. No way!

The other option is to send the laptop to Toshiba and, in 7-15 working days. They would repair it and send it back to me but they could not guarantee that my programs and files would still be there. Neither of these is an option for me as I cannot be without a computer for 2 weeks if they live up to their promise of 7-10 days to repair. Also, if it's a defective unit, why would they have to remove all my stuff?

So now I am in the unenviable position of having a laptop that is less than 7 weeks old, is defective and a company that won't stand behind their product at all. All I can do is dis them to everyone I know, put this on Facebook and hope they become extinct in the very near future. I would plead with anyone thinking of buying anything from Toshiba to know that they don't warranty their products in any meaningful way. They make inferior products and they treat their customers like dirt!

I purchased a Toshiba laptop for $875 at Best Buy on January 27, 2016. I immediately brought it to my IT consultant to install all programs. Upon returning it to me, I noticed the cursor wasn't working and it was running slow, shutting down, etc. I brought it back to my IT consultant who suggested I send it back to Toshiba for review, as the 15 day return policy expired at Best Buy. The laptop was received by Toshiba on March 9th, 2016, I still do not have it. I have contacted customer service three times and have yet to hear back from them. I am now running my business solely off of my iPhone. At this point, I do not know what my recourse of action is. I have spent approximately $1500 on the laptop and IT services for a product I have yet to use. Toshiba's customer service is abysmal at best, and the product is horrible. Can someone please advise what my next course of action should be?

I bought a Toshiba laptop on January 5, 2016. I did not received the computer for a couple weeks because there was a delay in shipping from China. After I received the computer I called my computer person to come to my house to setup the computer, which costed me $250. After my computer person left the laptop kept turning off. I could not get into any of my programs because the computer kept turning off. My computer person told me to call Toshiba tech support. After talking with Toshiba tech support they told me I had to send the computer to their repair center. In a couple days I received a FedEx box to send the computer to their repair center (which at first Toshiba wanted me to pay for the FedEx mailing, what???). I got an email in about 10 days that the repair center was working on my computer and it will be delayed due to not having a part in stock.

After three weeks with no communication, I contacted Toshiba to see how the repair was going. I was told the part will take another week to get and then it will be another week before it gets mailed out. It took 6 weeks to get my computer back. Then when I got my computer back it did not work. The computer turned on but there was no software. I called customer service to tell them I did not want this computer and wanted to return it for a full refund. I was told by Toshiba customer service that they only give full refunds if you return the computer in 14 days. I said how can I return a computer in 14 days if the computer was at the Toshiba repair center.

Needless to say I talked with many people and finally a supervisor. Even the supervisor would not give me a fund or a replacement computer. Now my computer is going back to the repair center. Toshiba said only after 3 tries of trying to fix a new computer will they replace the computer. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Not only am I now getting a refurbish computer, I am out $250 paying my computer person to set it up. Because I will need to spend another $250 when I finally get a working computer. I will write on all social media and tell everyone I know NOT to purchase a Toshiba. They are heartless non-caring about their customers. DO NOT BUY A TOSHIBA.

I bought the extended warranty which stated I could have a replacement part sent. I knew the issue, diagnosed it with them and wanted the part shipped. I have done this replacement as my profession. They said they would not send it. I stated then I wanted a refund of my warranty since they would not honor it. I will never buy Toshiba again. Waste of money and terrible service and rude people.

PLEASE SHARE SO THEY KNOW THEY CAN'T TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS AND GET AWAY WITH IT... Looks like Toshiba is going to screw me over. They damaged my laptop and say they are NOT taking responsibility! Here's the story: I use to think Toshiba was a good company that sold quality products and cared about their customers. Was I wrong! Toshiba sells poor quality laptops and has terrible customer non-service!

I ordered a Toshiba back in June of 2015. By January 2016 the keyboard stopped working so I called Toshiba and they told me to send it back and they would repair it. Well I have to say the keyboard now seems to work but they DAMAGED the laptop in the process!!! And they are saying they won't take responsibility for it!

On the back of the laptop below the monitor are two horizontal slots that hold the speakers. Behind these horizontal slots are black metal with holes to cover metal fins beneath the metal cover. When I got the laptop back the one on the right side (looking at it from the back) is missing and the fins are bent! Under the laptop are rubber anti-skid feet. They ripped one during the repair process and instead of replacing it, pieced it back together and sent it back damaged.

NEXT! They scratched the screen! I was careful not to scratch the screen and they scratch it while in their possession and they say they are not taking responsibility? NEXT! When I opened the lid to turn on the laptop it was covered in fingerprints and smears and reeked of perfume! My wife could smell it on the other side of the room. They said it might be cleaner, LIE. It's perfume and it stinks!!! On top of that they decided to reimage the hard drive for no reason what-so-ever! Luckily I back it up but it's just one more insult to what they did. So I called and complained that very instant. They had me take picture and talked as if they were going to take care of me.

I'm still fighting with these thieves but don't hold much hope in having a successful resolution to what they did to me. The only course I have open to me is to let others know what they did to me and how they treat their customers. If you like to be taken advantage of and get the run-around and have someone take your money for a poor quality product then be my guest to deal with Toshiba. I for one will never buy anything from them again, and as an IT professional will steer all my friends, customers and anyone I know far, far, away from any Toshiba product. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! They do NOT treat their customers well!

A Friend Bought this Toshiba Satellite L55T for me for a Christmas Gift, in Late November of 2014, on Sale. Great Price. After 5 months I noticed the hinge on the left side of screen was not sitting in place correctly. With 1 year warranty, and only 6 months old I contacted Toshiba April 2015, for a repair order. Got a runaround that it is normal wear from use. Second call after getting worse and find information online that it was a defect in the way the hinge was attached, I was told they would send a box out to ship it in and I would pay for shipping both ways, and If Toshiba determined that it was Owner abuse or Damage that I would have to cover all cost of repairs, including parts and Labor.

Well the Warranty is now over and the Right hinge is having the same issue. More research, From What I have found online, I am not the only one with this issue. Everything I have read online and other owner complaints are with the defective hinge attachment. Right now I am afraid to open and close it. No other issues but if the hinge comes loose completely it does in most cases I have read, break the Touchscreen. Will Never Buy a Toshiba Product, Will never Recommend a Toshiba Product. My Laptop has turned into nothing more than an expensive Pretty Paperweight!!!

When I did need the manufacturer support, there seems to be a communication problem. In two respects, one understanding the basic English language; two, understanding what was just said to them. Either their hearing was gone or their brains have stopped to function. As a lot of Call Centers today none of them are local, it's either East Coast or in Europe and are pushed to get the call completed in the least amount of time and not worrying about the quality of work or knowledge they are suppose to give out.

Being a laptop you have a thumbpad to move the mouse and left and right tabs underneath it to go up or down or enter or backward. At the top of keyboard is on/off button; refresh data; screen monitor. My computer was given to me as a gift, but I have looked at what the cost would be to replace it. It is the average price of the going laptops that are used at any computer store. As to reliability, it is like any mechanical device, it is only good as its components. If the manufacturer has good quality control, then it is very reliable. If not, you get what you paid for.

Toshiba Computers Company Profile