Tinkerine

Compare 3D Printers

Research top 3D Printers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I get someone right away when I need help on something. They have been very productive in helping. Kind and easy talking with them. I've had to call only 2 times since I got the machine. I work in different fields of my work which I do from home. The machine is very easy to use once of course you get the hang of it. I love things to make for my grand kids most of all. Since this is the first time I have tried a 3D printer I can't offer much on a value from other machines. Why I chose it was something I really can say. We all have different thoughts on a 3D printer. It has been a very reliable 3D printer and has done every project that I have put forth so far. This has been the only one I've tried and have had it for a short time.

They were very happy to help me and made everything very easy and fun to play around with and try to learn how to use it and what the potential was. It was very nice and good quality, better than I had expected. It was my first time ever using one and I was pleasantly surprised, so that was very very very cool. I'm going to wait to use it more until they're a little cheaper. Right now the technology is too new and not enough of a need as much as just a novelty so it's cool, not worth it. I haven't really tested it in a way that I can judge its reliability one way or another. But based on what I've experienced so far, I'd say it's reliable.

I bought my product from Best Buy and they were very helpful with helping me choose the best product. They knew a lot of information about each different printer. I love the quality of my product. It prints beautiful pictures and my kids love to use it for school projects. My whole family loves how easy it is to use and my husband uses this product for his home business as well. I payed 300.00 and it's a great value to my lifestyle and my family's as well. The price wasn't that much to pay for all the use my whole family enjoys with this product. My machine has always worked perfectly and we have had no problems since we bought our product. We have had our product for a year with no problem with the device at all.

I had a small problem. I called, waited 10 to 15 mins - finally got help and the problem was fix and had no problem since - then I gave them good feedback for the fast and quick service. The product works great had no problem. Only thing the ink is getting very expense - had to start buying the ink on eBay for over half the cost. I think everyone should get their ink on eBay and save lot of money & I got fast delivery. Everything works great. Service was good & fast respond with emails & answer the phone calls so I would buy a 2nd one in about 1 year.

The customer support was very respectful and helped me when I had problems with my printer. I would recommend them to my family. I'd also recommend them to my friends. The product quality is pretty good. I will however be a very happy customer for many years to come. The value is pretty good. It's a great printer and gets the job done. I am very happy with. I hope it will last for a very long time. It's a very reliable product and should last a very long time. If not I will contact customer support who are amazing. Overall I would rate the reliability an A++++ as there have been no problems with the way this printer works.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinkerine?

Hi-tech color print service. Surprised they carry it at Staples...cutting edge equipment. They seemed to not be intimidated by it. Long lines, and typical Staples chaotic inexperienced employees, not interested in helping you.

I used a normal printer until I got tired of the one I had for years, and after seeing too many ads of the 3D and having the same one for years, I decided to actualize myself.

This printer is perfect for projects big and small. It is also useful for industrial design students who wish to bring their visions to life with this printer.

Great graphics with really good picture quality that you could see a difference from others printers. The price on the printers is a little more than the others but it's worth it. The only thing is that the price on the ink is more expensive and harder to find.

Expert Review

John Biehler3D Printing Contributing Editor

John Biehler has been actively sharing his knowledge about 3D Printing technology with people around the world for the past seven years. He cofounded 3D604.org, a group of over 400 3D printing enthusiasts and his first book, "3D Printing with Autodesk" was published in 2014 by Pearson. He’s currently working with Douglas Coupland on the 3DCanada project, a multiyear, country-wide 3D scanning and printing art project.    More about John→

Tinkerine is the largest 3D printing company based in Canada. The company sells a range of 3D printers and printing accessories.

• Affordability: Tinkerine sells a number of different, fully assembled 3D printers at a number of price points.
  • Quiet Operation: Tinkerine is one of the quietest desktop printers on the market, making it perfect for the office, school or home use.
  • Filament: Tinkerine manufactures their own line of high-quality PLA filament in a wide variety of colors that has been optimized for their machines.
  • TinkerineU: The company offers a thriving resource of training material and curriculum for those who are interested in 3D printing for teachers or customers to access.
  • Positive press: Tinkerine receives tons of positive press for being one of the most regarded 3D printing companies in Canada, including from outlets like “The Vancouver Sun,” “Pearson” and “Make.”
  • Best for Hobbyists, artists and architects.

Compare 3D Printers