Video Computer Store

Computer Personality

Out of Business

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I placed an order with the video computer store after watching their weekend infomercial. The order was placed on December 16,1999 and was to be recieved in two weeks. I placed an order for a Cybermax AMD athlon 700 computer system, monitor, scanner, and 80 software titles And as advertised free shipping and handling plus deferred payments until April.

Well on January the 6th UPS delivered my monitor. Also within 5 to 7 days I would recieve all other components such as keyboard, cpu, scanner, printer, software titles, and pc cam. During this time period I was trying to contact a service representative about my order. During the end of December through the whole month of January I made calls everyday and could never get in touch with someone with the company on the status of my order.

I made around 50 calls plus another 20 or so using thier 800 number. Finally around january 16th I talked with a lady (I did not get her name). She told me they could not give me a status on my order because they were unable to contact Cybermax. Well for the next 2 weeks I still could not find out about my order. So I cancelled and when I contacted "Diana," she told me I would have to send the monitor back via UPS at my cost. I only recieved a monitor and nobody could tell me about my order.

My credit account was charged and interest accrued for 2 months. I sent the monitor back at a cost of $20.28. I felt it was unfair for me to pay for shipping when it was free to begin with. Besides they had not sent me the complete order.

This company advertises great things on tv but ...

I purchased a Proteva computer from the the Video Computer Sstore (Computer Personalities) over the phone after seeing their extensive tv ads for $1997. I received it in August of 1998 with all the "bells and whistles" as well as a 3 year extended warranty.

Now in February of 2000, I have a cd rom drive that doesn't work, the tech support number i have is disconnected, the Video Computer Store gives me a number for tech support whose coverage ended after 13 months, who in turn gave me another invalid number to contact as well as a phone number that, at $2.19 per minute, charged to my credit card Ii thought it was tech support) turned out to be an "introductions" voice mail service.

Ii called Computer Personalities back and after 45 minutes of being on hold I reached Maritza, who said she was just "taking calls" because customer service was too busy and someone would be back to me in 24 - 48 hours. Ha, ha, the run-around is getting ridiculous.

I had just purchased and had express mailed (for $85) my turbo tax home and business cd rom; when i tried to download it, i discovered that my cd rom drive doesn't work -- all set to do my taxes and file on-line with a computer that doesn't work, and no help out there, even though it's still under warranty.

Kelly should quit wasting time on the phone. She can buy a CD/ROM drive for $60 and anyone who's got a screwdriver can install it.

I purchased a Proteva mini tower from the VCS. They offered ony year tech support 365 days a year and twenty four hours a day in writing. I needed to re-format my hard drive. When I reinstalled my software I found that there were no drivers for the modem or sound card. The multimedia function was not supported. I used the automated tech support line and while I was given session numbers I have not been able to get support. I was on hold for 90 mi0 1/30/00 and when I called back 1/31/00 there was an automated message stating that Monday and Tuesday were the busiest days and asking me to call back after Wednesday. I have sent two e-mails to tech support with no response.

I now have a very expensive word processor. I will have to replace the modem, sound card and perhaps the DVD drive if I can not get the appropriate drivers. The other problem was that they offered $200 in rebates. While I followed their proceedure I got no rebates.

One day I was looking through my C: drive to delete things I didn't need to free up some memory and I found pictures from someone else's vacation. I bought this computer in 11/18/98. They were advertising it to be brand new. The pictures I found were put in in 1994.

This is a used computer and I paid $1,947 for this thing,then to find out it isn't new. I called them 1/14/00 and the tech. told me I would have to call the manager to report this. It wasn't a toll free number. I asked the tech. if I was going to have to pay for this call and she said yes. I told her that I wasn't paying for it and they better call me. I never recieved a call yet. I have had trouble with my modem and can't seem to get any help from Proteva. Need advice on what to do. I thought about telling them I want my money back and sending this used computer back.I'll appreciate any advice you have to offer.

I purchased a computer system from the Video Computer Store on November 27,1999. I was told the delivery time was 2-4 weeks. The delivery time was important. This was to be a Christmas present for my son and was assured I would have it in 4 weeks. It is now 7 weeks later and I still haven't received the computer. I have called the 800 number on 3 occasions and was told they would pass my concerns on and someone would contact me by phone; this still hasn't happen. I have sent 3 e:mails to between 12/25/99 - 1/8/2000. I received an e:mail from on 1/8/2000

Listed is her reply to my e-mail:

Wayne-I am very sorry-shipping has been closer to 4-5 weeks-you should have been informed this upon ordering. We expect to be able to shipthis model in the next week to 10 days. We apologize for the delay and disappointment.

My son's Christmas was without his present. My decision on paying their products was based on their commitment of the 2-4 week delivery time. Seven weeks have passed and I am still without the computer. I just received My credit card statement and I was billed for the product on Dec 19,1999.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Video Computer Store?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Video Computer Store Company Profile