Get Pricing

Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

3.8/5 (849 ratings)

About Norton

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $39.99 for the first year. Select new plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

Pros

• ID theft protection on select plans
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

Cons

• Covers limited number of devices

Bottom Line

Norton 360 offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

Top Norton Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have had Norton for years now, and so far no virus or any other problems, they continue to add and update their systems and offer better coverage and better protection. This is ...

Verified

I have been with Norton for years. I have never had a problem with my security and if I need IT support, they are always available and they help resolve any issues immediately. I ...

Norton 360 security features

Depending on which plan you select, Norton offers a variety of services to help protect your devices and personal information. Their virus protection promise guarantees a full refund if their software catches a virus and their US-based restoration team can't remove it.

Norton 360 with LifeLock plan features include:

• Lost wallet protection
  • Credit monitoring
  • SSN and credit alerts
  • Data breach notifications
  • Bank and credit card activity alerts
  • Fictitious identity monitoring
  • Court records scanning
  • 401k and investment alerts

In addition to these features, plans each offer a level of reimbursement for losses due to identity theft. Called the Million Dollar Protection Package, the feature includes stolen fund reimbursement starting at $25,000 and coverage for up to 1 million in legal fees.

Comparing Norton 360 with LifeLock plans

The three most popular plans offered by Norton LifeLock are Norton 360 Standard, Norton 360 Deluxe and Norton 360 with LifeLock Select plans. While they have much in common, there are key differences in their parental control, ID theft protection and cloud storage.

PlanStandardDeluxeSelect
Standard10GB1$39.99
Deluxe50GB5$49.99
Select100GB5$99.99

Norton Security cost

Norton’s security packages range from $39.99 to $199.99 per year for the first year. If you opt to pay annually, you can save up to $55 on the total cost.

Do we recommend Norton 360?

If you're worried about your digital devices or identity theft, we think Norton 360 plans are excellent options. The integration of LifeLock expands the scope of their offerings, allowing them to serve multiple areas of your life with one streamlined service. Affordable plans are available, and comprehensive options exist for added protection. Bonus features like cloud storage and parental control make Norton a great go-to for most digital security needs.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

They are paranoid. Just the people I want securing my devices! The customer service is excellent - they will walk you through anything you encounter. The VPN rocks, the password vault is superb (sorry, Google, you're not getting my passwords), and the app lock is convenient when you go out. Biometric access to sensitive apps. I've used Norton for 20 years. They have kept me from sketchy websites and blocked loads of crap. They handled my being hacked flawlessly. I recommend Norton360 as the top security product for computers and phones.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2021

These guys, in my 3 years of of interactions with them, have proven to be a fantastic safety net against viruses and other forms of online cyber scams. My partner and 2 children also enjoy the safety and security provided by these folks. My brief interactions with other companies in the field has been overly intrusive and have ended up really complicating my daily online activities. I'll be sticking with Norton.

Original review: June 26, 2021

The protection is phenomenal and I love the VPN service. Norton keeps my computer clean from junk files. The only issue I have with Norton is that I'm always having to change my password because it seems to keep storing previous passwords. But as for the protection, I'd highly recommend it. I'm using it on two computers, a tablet and on my smartphone. I haven't had any more issues with hackers hacking my devices.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I work with 3 different non-profits currently and do consulting and contract work occasionally with others in the Atlanta and Kansas City Metro areas, including other cities infrequently. Having the use of Norton's 360 service helps my team and I have VPN access and protects our vital client files, agency forms, grant statistics, and other important documents key to our work and continued growth. It's helped us maintain safety, databased/cloud our materials, while also allowing us to do our work remotely and create a server of sorts without worrying about safety.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I have been using Norton for quite a few years and I have always enjoyed their customer service. When I have system problems, not only do they help with Norton products, they help me with my whole system and they are detailed with no rush to end the call, they are more helpful than the company I have my software warranted with. They go above and beyond what's necessary and I always told them so, they are the best.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I have been a Norton customer for years, and am overall pleased with their service. Their communication system and refund policies, however, leave a lot to be desired. I underwent what most companies call a "life change" - my fiance and I started combining expenses. Because he had computer protection through another source with multiple seats that his children were also using, it made more sense for me - one person - to re-locate my computer protection to an empty seat on his plan that five others were using rather re-locate five people to my plan.

I tried to contact Norton voice support, but the automated menu would not connect me to a person. It ended the call three times when "too much background noise" prevented my response from being understood...yet all of my other responses were clear. I had to search the internet for the correct numerical sequence to bypass the system to be added to the queue for voice support. This was clearly an example of intentionally hindering customer interaction with a person.

When I finally reached an agent and requested a partial refund, I was told that since my automatic renewal was charged on 24 May 2021, the 60-day period for a full refund had expired. I clarified that I was not requesting a full refund and only wished a partial refund for the months I was not going to use. I was told that Norton did not do that. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, the individual's available time to speak to me kept changing - first it was a couple of minutes, then it was ten minutes, and then it was she had no idea because of "meetings". This is a clear example of the individual's goal to force me to hang up the phone. I find this reprehensible.

The policy is unacceptably rigid, costing people who undergo situational changes outside of Norton's preferred schedule hundreds of dollars. The automated system's intentional hindrance with connection to a person, the company's policy, and the supervisor's treatment of me as a customer are unethical and disrespectful. I used to recommend Norton to friends or family looking for computer protection...as of today, that practice is over.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Since being a member of Norton Identity protection, I have gained a real sense of identity protection while online and in my email usage, as well as on social media. The price is very affordable and the customer service is very good. I would recommend Norton for anyone.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Have been using Norton Internet Security for years with no problem. Very satisfied with the security protection. Just renewed for another year. A few days later I wanted to remove my credit card number from my account like I had done in previous years, but found out that the only way to do this this time was to cancel my subscription. They are now holding my credit card hostage. This is very unprofessional and not in my best interest. They just want to be able to charge my card any time they want to. Shame on you Norton.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Norton keeps me safe while I browse the internet. It identifies malicious websites and also risky email and websites. With the VPN, I know I am safe while browsing the internet and none of my private information is exposed on the internet. I completely trust Norton and am very comforted Knowing they are there for me. It is well worth the cost.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I have heard about Norton, and I think it would be a good company, though I, myself, have not had any experience with any identity theft company. Norton has a good reputation, and I believe that it would be my pick, if I had any money to spend on it.

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information