Get Pricing

Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

3.7/5 (1630 ratings)

About Norton

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $39.99 for the first year. Select new plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

Pros

• ID theft protection on select plans
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

Cons

• Covers limited number of devices

Bottom Line

Norton 360 offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

Top Norton Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have had Norton for years now, and so far no virus or any other problems, they continue to add and update their systems and offer better coverage and better protection. This is ...

Verified

I have been with Norton for years. I have never had a problem with my security and if I need IT support, they are always available and they help resolve any issues immediately. I ...

Norton 360 security features

Depending on which plan you select, Norton offers a variety of services to help protect your devices and personal information. Their virus protection promise guarantees a full refund if their software catches a virus and their US-based restoration team can't remove it.

Norton 360 with LifeLock plan features include:

• Lost wallet protection
  • Credit monitoring
  • SSN and credit alerts
  • Data breach notifications
  • Bank and credit card activity alerts
  • Fictitious identity monitoring
  • Court records scanning
  • 401k and investment alerts

In addition to these features, plans each offer a level of reimbursement for losses due to identity theft. Called the Million Dollar Protection Package, the feature includes stolen fund reimbursement starting at $25,000 and coverage for up to 1 million in legal fees.

Comparing Norton 360 with LifeLock plans

The three most popular plans offered by Norton LifeLock are Norton 360 Standard, Norton 360 Deluxe and Norton 360 with LifeLock Select plans. While they have much in common, there are key differences in their parental control, ID theft protection and cloud storage.

PlanStandardDeluxeSelect
Standard10GB1$39.99
Deluxe50GB5$49.99
Select100GB5$99.99

Norton Security cost

Norton’s security packages range from $39.99 to $199.99 per year for the first year. If you opt to pay annually, you can save up to $55 on the total cost.

Do we recommend Norton 360?

If you're worried about your digital devices or identity theft, we think Norton 360 plans are excellent options. The integration of LifeLock expands the scope of their offerings, allowing them to serve multiple areas of your life with one streamlined service. Affordable plans are available, and comprehensive options exist for added protection. Bonus features like cloud storage and parental control make Norton a great go-to for most digital security needs.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

They are paranoid. Just the people I want securing my devices! The customer service is excellent - they will walk you through anything you encounter. The VPN rocks, the password vault is superb (sorry, Google, you're not getting my passwords), and the app lock is convenient when you go out. Biometric access to sensitive apps. I've used Norton for 20 years. They have kept me from sketchy websites and blocked loads of crap. They handled my being hacked flawlessly. I recommend Norton360 as the top security product for computers and phones.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2021

These guys, in my 3 years of of interactions with them, have proven to be a fantastic safety net against viruses and other forms of online cyber scams. My partner and 2 children also enjoy the safety and security provided by these folks. My brief interactions with other companies in the field has been overly intrusive and have ended up really complicating my daily online activities. I'll be sticking with Norton.

Original review: June 26, 2021

The protection is phenomenal and I love the VPN service. Norton keeps my computer clean from junk files. The only issue I have with Norton is that I'm always having to change my password because it seems to keep storing previous passwords. But as for the protection, I'd highly recommend it. I'm using it on two computers, a tablet and on my smartphone. I haven't had any more issues with hackers hacking my devices.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I work with 3 different non-profits currently and do consulting and contract work occasionally with others in the Atlanta and Kansas City Metro areas, including other cities infrequently. Having the use of Norton's 360 service helps my team and I have VPN access and protects our vital client files, agency forms, grant statistics, and other important documents key to our work and continued growth. It's helped us maintain safety, databased/cloud our materials, while also allowing us to do our work remotely and create a server of sorts without worrying about safety.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I have been using Norton for quite a few years and I have always enjoyed their customer service. When I have system problems, not only do they help with Norton products, they help me with my whole system and they are detailed with no rush to end the call, they are more helpful than the company I have my software warranted with. They go above and beyond what's necessary and I always told them so, they are the best.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I purchased 360 Deluxe internet security package from the official Norton Anti-Virus website, with immediate payment directed through Google Play. I never received any correspondence from Norton with confirmation of my order or steps to set up the software. I was NEVER contacted by them. I only received confirmation from Google Play for the payment. I never got to use their service with this purchase.

As I did not receive any goods/service for my payment, I requested a refund from Google Play and Norton. Google Play refused to co-operate and told me to request a chargeback from my bank if I was concerned. Norton LifeLock was completely unresponsive to the claim I opened for a refund. The only way to contact Norton was through online chat on their website. The assistants did nothing to resolve my issue. I tried twice to raise this claim with them. Otherwise there is just no means of getting in touch with them.

I arranged a chargeback with my bank, and my bank escalated the dispute to Visa International. Visa International arranged a refund for me. However, Norton had the opportunity to reverse the refund within 30 days if they were not satisfied. They charged me again for the same amount. I reported Norton to the ACCC and the Federal Trade Commission in USA. I'm now going to bring the case to the police. Norton (also known as Symantec) is a scammer. Please AVOID their business at all costs. Please do not give them your money. Purchased in October 2021 at Norton LifeLock for $89.99.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I have Norton ultimate package and had a question that required I call the help desk. First off, everyone that I spoke to had a very thick accent and I had to ask them numerous times to repeat. First person kept putting me on hold while he worked on it with his team. Then got transferred to technical. Rep asked me my issue. I said, "Do you want me to repeat the whole thing again or would you like the case number the last guy gave me."? After a couple seconds, he took my case number, reviewed it and said that they cannot help me. Very, no extremely, disappointed by support.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

NORTON is supposed to keep your personal information safe, but for the last 5 years they have been auto-renewing an account and sending emails to an email address that is not associated with the owner of the credit card. The credit card had been closed and changed but they NORTON keep charging the new card. When confronted NORTON said that they could only refund 1 year, not the other 4 years that were never authorized. SCAM, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT - poor way to do business.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I have used Norton for years. Many times I have been on decent safe and secure websites and Norton will redflag the site. I believe Norton provides its users with inaccurate information. Its algorithm will redflag anything it can just to scare you into purchasing more protection. I know this because it redflags sites I have built myself. Through Godaddy and Square. Two of the nations top companies to build websites on. That is misinformation and dishonesty at its finest. If you can't trust Norton to provide accurate information on sites, how the heck is it really protecting you? It's not. Not to mention all the marketing scams Norton runs. Upsell, upsell, upsell. Once you purchase Norton, more scammers will pretend to be Norton to scam you, then Norton will ever have to protect you from. Let that sink in. Wonder how the scammers know you just bought Norton. Hmmm. Selling data?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I have had Norton security for my computer for a number of years. They are good. However when I need to cancel they tell that as the payment on the renewal was made 87 days ago I am outside the cancellation period. Now remember the the renewal date for the service did not start until 11.1.2021 and I have 60 days to cancel which I am within the time frame but because the renewal payment was made 35 days before the actual renewal date I cannot cancel and get my money back so as I have no computer for this service to be attached to I am getting service on equipment I do not have. I told Mikhil I would like to speak to a supervisor. He put me on hold, came back and said he will transfer. It will take two minutes and I am still on hold half hour later and still waiting as I write this.

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information