Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

3.8/5 (1360 ratings)

About Norton

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $39.99 for the first year. Select new plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

Pros

• ID theft protection on select plans
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

Cons

• Covers limited number of devices

Bottom Line

Norton 360 offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

Top Norton Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have had Norton for years now, and so far no virus or any other problems, they continue to add and update their systems and offer better coverage and better protection. This is ...

Verified

I have been with Norton for years. I have never had a problem with my security and if I need IT support, they are always available and they help resolve any issues immediately. I ...

Norton 360 security features

Depending on which plan you select, Norton offers a variety of services to help protect your devices and personal information. Their virus protection promise guarantees a full refund if their software catches a virus and their US-based restoration team can't remove it.

Norton 360 with LifeLock plan features include:

• Lost wallet protection
  • Credit monitoring
  • SSN and credit alerts
  • Data breach notifications
  • Bank and credit card activity alerts
  • Fictitious identity monitoring
  • Court records scanning
  • 401k and investment alerts

In addition to these features, plans each offer a level of reimbursement for losses due to identity theft. Called the Million Dollar Protection Package, the feature includes stolen fund reimbursement starting at $25,000 and coverage for up to 1 million in legal fees.

Comparing Norton 360 with LifeLock plans

The three most popular plans offered by Norton LifeLock are Norton 360 Standard, Norton 360 Deluxe and Norton 360 with LifeLock Select plans. While they have much in common, there are key differences in their parental control, ID theft protection and cloud storage.

PlanStandardDeluxeSelect
Standard10GB1$39.99
Deluxe50GB5$49.99
Select100GB5$99.99

Norton Security cost

Norton’s security packages range from $39.99 to $199.99 per year for the first year. If you opt to pay annually, you can save up to $55 on the total cost.

Do we recommend Norton 360?

If you're worried about your digital devices or identity theft, we think Norton 360 plans are excellent options. The integration of LifeLock expands the scope of their offerings, allowing them to serve multiple areas of your life with one streamlined service. Affordable plans are available, and comprehensive options exist for added protection. Bonus features like cloud storage and parental control make Norton a great go-to for most digital security needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: July 24, 2022

Got last week and have spent 12+ phone calls and 15+ hours trying to fix many problems. Among MANY problems just told that Norton removed the green check mark that appears next to safe sites when do Google search. But right before this call spent 30 minutes with Norton tech trying to enable the green check mark before she hung up. When I googled if Norton removed green check mark I got response at the Norton website dated 7/20/2022 (4 days ago) addressing how to fix the problem and followed instructions and still didn't work. I asked Agent to do remote log on so he could see the screen and he said the remote log on isn't working, even though it worked for the Norton Agent who just hung up. Many other lies and problems but would take hours to explain.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Norton constantly sends pop-ups saying I need more protection to be safe. Well what am I paying for now. Company either wants to gouge me, or they are declaring their software ineffective. And forget about customer service. It's horrible.

Original review: June 14, 2022

This company has the WORST customer service ever! I have now been waiting for 1 hour 20 mins. to get a person. You think when you sign up that you are getting protection, then they continually try to sell you the next thing. Just find another alternative, this company does not operate with integrity.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Has gotten very expensive and has become a money pit. Always offering free scans but at the end of the scan, that of course is gonna find issues you have to buy another expensive add-on to fix them. I wanted to drop Lifelock, rep said could do it and my password vault would be saved but when it was done my entire service was cancelled and my vault was lost, I had to get new account..RIDICULOUS.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Works fine, but don't turn on the VPN. My email works fine with VPN off. When I put VPN on, my email doesn't work. Tried all kinds of remedies: reboot, reinstall, etc. I've spent hours trying to fix it. Too bad.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Purchased N360 to prevent hack to my device. I've done Extensive Troubleshooting on my end, kept booting out intruder. But Virus installed showing PROOF of HACK through Google Go glitch update. NO alert from N360. After troubleshooting with Norton, Samsung, Verizon, intruder picked up cues & continued to send push on phone through updates. DO NOT BUY THIS APP, the CONFIRMATION I received: [Process in case of a valid court order or other formal legal complaint] after being HACKED by Law Enforcement. Which I have nothing to hide hence the post. Before picking up on Cues the app N360 & Norton Password Manager ran smooth. But NOW my NPM has a glitch.

Safe search bounces to main screen after clicking link. Also, Issue Detected/app Crashed in Care Report. I've informed Norton the past 4 mo. stating the Hack but am turned away to Samsung, Verizon. Now there's PROOF and they will not issue me a refund. I done multiple steps to Avoid the Hack on my own which included Factory Resets as for the new software updates I could not get them removed. There still are glitches I notice from being an android customer for years. One that is noticeable is the Password Manager glitching before logging in and Norton 360 not showing up in my apps list: To add to Never Sleeping Apps locate in Battery and devices. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I bought Norton's 360 for Gamers 3 users at Walmart. The software didn't work at all for me. So, I contacted their (Norton's) tech support, they wanted my social security number, another credit card and my credentials. I saw this as a scamming attack and then they would hang up on me. I had to call over and over again. Then they told me that since I got my software from a third party, Walmart I couldn't get a refund from Norton's either. I had to go back to Walmart. I went to Walmart who told me that once I scratched off the code. I couldn't get a refund as part of Walmart policy. I contacted my bank about what happened to me and they said they couldn't stop my payment or refund me either. They said I should go back to Walmart and ask nicely for a return. So I contacted Nortons who re-instated they wouldn't refund me my full year's service I paid for but couldn't use.

They tried to me to extend my service I couldn't use. It was only when I told them to stop my service that they told me I could by the Norton VPN 360 for gamers (Deluxe) which could fix all my issues but nobody mentioned this until I asked to stop my service. At this point I neither trusted Norton's company, their staff OR their services. And they never did give me my money back. How can Norton sell products through 3rd party companies (customers) they can't use unless it's bought by Nortons directly. And you can't get a refund if anything goes wrong or be fixed.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I canceled my automatic subscription to VPN on the date it renewed and received an email stating it was canceled. I was still charged. Contacted Norton on chat 7 times and received a different answer about my credit almost each time. They did not respond to the credit card dispute and told me to withdraw it and I would be credited. Almost 2 months later on the promised date, still no credit. Finally received the credit through a senior analyst at the credit card company. Norton lied each time I contacted them, promising me a credit and telling me not to worry. Their automatic renewal is a scam and VPN worked terribly on my phone.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Norton is the biggest scam ever. I have the Norton 360 Total Protection plan and I got a virus. Three times Norton tells me to uninstall and reinstall the antivirus software, which doesn't make sense to me. But I did twice, after the third time of being told to do this in a matter of a week, I said no, it is not working and seems like it's only letting whatever is on my system stay. They hung up on me. I chatted online with them after that so I didn't get frustrated and become abrasive. They told me that they would help me if I paid them more money to upgrade my account to include the support I needed. I did not expect Norton to be so greedy.

My computer became infected after their software informed me that there was an issue that needed to be resolved. I attempted to resolve the issue but it was unable to complete. I called and Norton said to uninstall and reinstall Norton's software. I did, and at that time my computer cycled through a relentless number of pop-ups and the screen went blank or would flash insistently. Norton told me that they needed to escalate the case to another team and I would receive a call within 24-48 hours. WHAT?!?! She also said that it was ok to use my computer since Norton is installed on my system and will protect It even though the popups continued. I did not receive a callback, so I chatted with customer service and they wanted more money, $149 to be exact, to even look at my computer.

I am so infuriated by this and want to share this experience with others so that you are aware that Norton's protection is not effective and that when you do have issues with the software, they are not there to support you, be accountable, and will seek more money from you. Because if you don't pay them, then you are stuck with whatever they let on your computer. I would definitely choose another Security software other than Norton.

Original review: March 27, 2022

I purchased Norton 360 and had some website issues. I was not able to speak to a live agent and spent 2 hours online with online agents who kept being disconnected. At the end the suggested I purchase an additional service, which I did. I attempted to cancel and get a refund after a month because I got another service. I was repeatedly hung up on. By the time I got through, I was told it was too late for a refund. I asked for a supervisor and was hung up on. I called back and when I spoke to a supervisor, he said there was nothing he could do. Why did I leave? POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and a poor product. Don't use Norton!!!

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information