Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

3.7/5 (1539 ratings)

About Norton

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $39.99 for the first year. Select new plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

Pros

• ID theft protection on select plans
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

Cons

• Covers limited number of devices

Bottom Line

Norton 360 offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

Top Norton Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have had Norton for years now, and so far no virus or any other problems, they continue to add and update their systems and offer better coverage and better protection. This is ...

Verified

I have been with Norton for years. I have never had a problem with my security and if I need IT support, they are always available and they help resolve any issues immediately. I ...

Norton 360 security features

Depending on which plan you select, Norton offers a variety of services to help protect your devices and personal information. Their virus protection promise guarantees a full refund if their software catches a virus and their US-based restoration team can't remove it.

Norton 360 with LifeLock plan features include:

• Lost wallet protection
  • Credit monitoring
  • SSN and credit alerts
  • Data breach notifications
  • Bank and credit card activity alerts
  • Fictitious identity monitoring
  • Court records scanning
  • 401k and investment alerts

In addition to these features, plans each offer a level of reimbursement for losses due to identity theft. Called the Million Dollar Protection Package, the feature includes stolen fund reimbursement starting at $25,000 and coverage for up to 1 million in legal fees.

Comparing Norton 360 with LifeLock plans

The three most popular plans offered by Norton LifeLock are Norton 360 Standard, Norton 360 Deluxe and Norton 360 with LifeLock Select plans. While they have much in common, there are key differences in their parental control, ID theft protection and cloud storage.

PlanStandardDeluxeSelect
Standard10GB1$39.99
Deluxe50GB5$49.99
Select100GB5$99.99

Norton Security cost

Norton’s security packages range from $39.99 to $199.99 per year for the first year. If you opt to pay annually, you can save up to $55 on the total cost.

Do we recommend Norton 360?

If you're worried about your digital devices or identity theft, we think Norton 360 plans are excellent options. The integration of LifeLock expands the scope of their offerings, allowing them to serve multiple areas of your life with one streamlined service. Affordable plans are available, and comprehensive options exist for added protection. Bonus features like cloud storage and parental control make Norton a great go-to for most digital security needs.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

They are paranoid. Just the people I want securing my devices! The customer service is excellent - they will walk you through anything you encounter. The VPN rocks, the password vault is superb (sorry, Google, you're not getting my passwords), and the app lock is convenient when you go out. Biometric access to sensitive apps. I've used Norton for 20 years. They have kept me from sketchy websites and blocked loads of crap. They handled my being hacked flawlessly. I recommend Norton360 as the top security product for computers and phones.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2021

These guys, in my 3 years of of interactions with them, have proven to be a fantastic safety net against viruses and other forms of online cyber scams. My partner and 2 children also enjoy the safety and security provided by these folks. My brief interactions with other companies in the field has been overly intrusive and have ended up really complicating my daily online activities. I'll be sticking with Norton.

Original review: June 26, 2021

The protection is phenomenal and I love the VPN service. Norton keeps my computer clean from junk files. The only issue I have with Norton is that I'm always having to change my password because it seems to keep storing previous passwords. But as for the protection, I'd highly recommend it. I'm using it on two computers, a tablet and on my smartphone. I haven't had any more issues with hackers hacking my devices.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I work with 3 different non-profits currently and do consulting and contract work occasionally with others in the Atlanta and Kansas City Metro areas, including other cities infrequently. Having the use of Norton's 360 service helps my team and I have VPN access and protects our vital client files, agency forms, grant statistics, and other important documents key to our work and continued growth. It's helped us maintain safety, databased/cloud our materials, while also allowing us to do our work remotely and create a server of sorts without worrying about safety.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I have been using Norton for quite a few years and I have always enjoyed their customer service. When I have system problems, not only do they help with Norton products, they help me with my whole system and they are detailed with no rush to end the call, they are more helpful than the company I have my software warranted with. They go above and beyond what's necessary and I always told them so, they are the best.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Has gotten very expensive and has become a money pit. Always offering free scans but at the end of the scan, that of course is gonna find issues you have to buy another expensive add-on to fix them. I wanted to drop Lifelock, rep said could do it and my password vault would be saved but when it was done my entire service was cancelled and my vault was lost, I had to get new account..RIDICULOUS.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Works fine, but don't turn on the VPN. My email works fine with VPN off. When I put VPN on, my email doesn't work. Tried all kinds of remedies: reboot, reinstall, etc. I've spent hours trying to fix it. Too bad.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Purchased N360 to prevent hack to my device. I've done Extensive Troubleshooting on my end, kept booting out intruder. But Virus installed showing PROOF of HACK through Google Go glitch update. NO alert from N360. After troubleshooting with Norton, Samsung, Verizon, intruder picked up cues & continued to send push on phone through updates. DO NOT BUY THIS APP, the CONFIRMATION I received: [Process in case of a valid court order or other formal legal complaint] after being HACKED by Law Enforcement. Which I have nothing to hide hence the post. Before picking up on Cues the app N360 & Norton Password Manager ran smooth. But NOW my NPM has a glitch.

Safe search bounces to main screen after clicking link. Also, Issue Detected/app Crashed in Care Report. I've informed Norton the past 4 mo. stating the Hack but am turned away to Samsung, Verizon. Now there's PROOF and they will not issue me a refund. I done multiple steps to Avoid the Hack on my own which included Factory Resets as for the new software updates I could not get them removed. There still are glitches I notice from being an android customer for years. One that is noticeable is the Password Manager glitching before logging in and Norton 360 not showing up in my apps list: To add to Never Sleeping Apps locate in Battery and devices. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I bought Norton's 360 for Gamers 3 users at Walmart. The software didn't work at all for me. So, I contacted their (Norton's) tech support, they wanted my social security number, another credit card and my credentials. I saw this as a scamming attack and then they would hang up on me. I had to call over and over again. Then they told me that since I got my software from a third party, Walmart I couldn't get a refund from Norton's either. I had to go back to Walmart. I went to Walmart who told me that once I scratched off the code. I couldn't get a refund as part of Walmart policy. I contacted my bank about what happened to me and they said they couldn't stop my payment or refund me either. They said I should go back to Walmart and ask nicely for a return. So I contacted Nortons who re-instated they wouldn't refund me my full year's service I paid for but couldn't use.

They tried to me to extend my service I couldn't use. It was only when I told them to stop my service that they told me I could by the Norton VPN 360 for gamers (Deluxe) which could fix all my issues but nobody mentioned this until I asked to stop my service. At this point I neither trusted Norton's company, their staff OR their services. And they never did give me my money back. How can Norton sell products through 3rd party companies (customers) they can't use unless it's bought by Nortons directly. And you can't get a refund if anything goes wrong or be fixed.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I canceled my automatic subscription to VPN on the date it renewed and received an email stating it was canceled. I was still charged. Contacted Norton on chat 7 times and received a different answer about my credit almost each time. They did not respond to the credit card dispute and told me to withdraw it and I would be credited. Almost 2 months later on the promised date, still no credit. Finally received the credit through a senior analyst at the credit card company. Norton lied each time I contacted them, promising me a credit and telling me not to worry. Their automatic renewal is a scam and VPN worked terribly on my phone.

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information