4.10/5

78 MakerBot Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

The quality of the printer is second to none. The value you get with these machines is great and they work just as advertised. I have had no issues since purchasing it and it runs just like day one. They aren't the cheapest printers, but they are built to last. The money you spend on them is money well spent and for the price you pay for this printer, I wouldn't expect to run into many issues.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

The printer is of good quality. It's still in great shape and works fine. The value was good and it's worked as well as I expected and continues to be reliable. However, I don't use it as much as I would like to because the material costs so much but it's fun to use and I will continue to use it.

Get expert buying tips about 3D Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

The printer was made of an amazingly nice quality and is very reliable. It got the job it was supposed to do done fast and efficiently. It has a very nice price tag unlike most printers of its type. The price is very low for such a high-quality nonstandard product. The product is made of nice materials. Also, their customer service was very nice and friendly. They took care of needs and were quick to respond. They helped with any problem I had and they knew exactly what I needed for the printer including service and parts. I would recommend this printer to anyone who is looking for one.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Horrible product. I spent most of the time removing the filament jam. Also, removing the filament nozzle was not easy. Clips are easy to break and the whole product caused me so much frustration I decided to go out to buy the item instead. Would not recommend this product.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

We have purchased, and continue to purchase, dozens of units and there has never been a delay or negative word said about the product. I enjoy using MakerBot because it intuitive, fast and easy. Some of the less productive models seem to have issues with sturdiness or blockiness, but Makerbot has always put out the product it was supposed to and has been holding up great. I would consider the value to be perfect, because without this product we wouldn't have the tools to continue our classes. The value of these products are not just about the value that you can save, but also about all of the great experiences that you can have. We have never had an issue with the product's reliability. It has worked day in and day out for all of our students every day. It gets about one hundred uses per week per machine and we have rarely had an issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MakerBot?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

The support was helpful to install and use the 3D printer. They were very friendly at time to I solicit help, they said exactly that I need, and were there for me. The 3D printer was useful to make designs from my pc, and needed to be exacts in longitudes. It was so easy to use, just connect, install software and run. Don't need a lot of experience to use. The price is a little high, but the results are very fabulous. And if you need help, the support bring you help friendly. :) The reliability at the beginning could figure that the printer have a high price, but the rentability make the decision the correct decision for the life.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I love the product and really enjoy using it. I feel you can create anything that your creative mind comes up as long as you properly know how to use the printer. We have never had any issue with our 3D printer and it always perfectly makes whatever it is programmed to make. We have never had any problem with the quality of the items.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Customer support representatives were very helpful in learning how to use the 3d printer. They answered all my questions in a very detailed and thorough manner. Not once was I confused with the process. For the price I paid I got a very good value out of this printer. The materials were of high quality and the results it yielded showed. I got a lot of bang for my buck out of this. I felt I got my money's worth with this 3d printer. The quality it prints shows that. The print jobs were very professionally done. The output looked like something done by a professional company. I have yet to come across any problems or issues with the results of the print job. All my prints have come across very good. Its always high quality and I was never disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

The guy who helped me install and get started was very nice and funny. He helped me get on my way to making cool things within an hour. I think it is incredibly cool that we live in a day and age where we can design and print our own plastics. Easy to use after you get the hang of it. Very well worth my while and money to purchase the MakerBot. I will continue to use for a long long time, unless it decides to break, which it won't because it's awesome. I'm very happy with my MakerBot and works every single time that I try to use it to print something big or small. It's very reliable and I love it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

They helped a lot when I was having trouble getting started, but once you know what everything is then it is really easy to use. The product quality was worth it in my opinion. Everything was there. It seems that the product will last for a reasonable time. I love it. The quality is so good. The service is nice, and they help you along the way. Nothing was broken when it came. My friend recommend it to me, and when I received it I was really happy with it. The reliability in my opinion, was really good. It's tricky at first but you can get used to it after a while. I recommend this product a lot.

MakerBot expert review by John Biehler

Started 2009 and based in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot was one of the first commercial companies making affordable desktop 3D printers in a variety of price points for users of all levels.

• Makerbot apps: The company offers users apps to easily find designs to print and access while they are on-the-go, on a smartphone or a tablet. Makerbot operates Thingiverse.com – one of the best-known repositories of free, downloadable 3D models that are community sourced.

• Learning resources: MakerBot offers users hands-on courses about how to use their printer and its software to ensure each customer gets the most fulfilling experience possible.

• MakerBot innovation Center: MakerBot has centralized, innovation-based 3D printing centers, where many people or groups of people can access the technology and resources of the company to make the process as education and informative as possible.

• Free software upgrades: The company offers users regular free software upgrades, so they do not have to pay to improve the software they are using.

• Best for: Hobbyists, biotechnology and medical academics, artists and architects.

Profile picture of John Biehler
John Biehler 3D Printing Contributing Editor

John Biehler has been actively sharing his knowledge about 3D Printing technology with people around the world for the past seven years. He cofounded 3D604.org, a group of over 400 3D printing enthusiasts and his first book, "3D Printing with Autodesk" was published in 2014 by Pearson. He’s currently working with Douglas Coupland on the 3DCanada project, a multiyear, country-wide 3D scanning and printing art project.

MakerBot Company Information