1.15/5
Based on 102 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Linksys

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 30, 2017

151 Linksys Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I understand companies sell a lot of product and some of these products can and do break but it is what the company does for the consumer afterwards. I bought a Linksys AC5400 router, not cheap over $550. After 4 months it quit working so lucky me called customer service. She was nice enough but I couldn't really understand her maybe every third or fourth word on top of a very bad connection. Three hours of explaining what the problem was (their product was broke) during that three hours she had me plug and unplug all the cords many times over. She said it was my modem not the router and to contact my internet provider.

After explaining the problem all over again and more plugging and unplugging she decided the router is defective (YAY FOR ME). Not so fast. I now have to wait for a RMA number (PLEASE READ THE RMA POLICY), been told that could take 6 days package the product, take it to post office and mail it back to them on my dime then wait for them to mail one back. All this time waiting with no internet unless I go buy another router. So the lesson is if you buy a product from this company have a back up from another company.

Original review: July 18, 2017

LINKSYS is running a customer service scam. I invested in an expensive router a few years ago. When it stopped working I called customer service only to be scammed out of $30 for a "FIRMWARE UPDATE..." Worked for 90 days only to be told by an Indian customer service rep that they should have "reconfigured my router..." Wanting to charge me again to get my router working! Fool me once/ shame on you... Fool me twice/ shame on me. Hung up. Very angry with this SCAM PROGRAM. DO yourself a favor. Buy APPLE ROUTER! Hope LINKSYS eventually loses all customers. Will never buy a LINKSYS product again. $30 worth of advice.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 13, 2017

Good Afternoon. I purchased two months ago Linksys Router Model No. E2500 for my apt. The router is not working properly. Internet connection goes on and off. I contacted customer service and spent about an hour over the phone. Not to mention that they tried to charge me for technical support. How is this possible? After the company offers a year warranty? I even expressed the representative that since I was under the one year warranty, I would prefer to upgrade the router in order to get a better signal but he answered that was not possible. They said that the only way to return it was if I purchased it straight from them. When I bought this item my expectations were free troubleshooting and technical support, after all. I am buying from reliable and trustworthy company?

Original review: June 21, 2017

Ever since I switched to Linksys, everything got worse. Not worth my money at all. Stops working if you do something as little as turn on the microwave. Also, if more than one person is using the wifi at a time, it will slow down 90%. Sometimes, it's slow even if it's only one person using the wifi! Linksys, do not recommend this internet service provider at all, even dog ** would do better than this worthless piece of metal.

Original review: June 18, 2017

If I had no stars as a rating option, that's exactly what they'd get. I don't ever write reviews but this is ridiculous. I own a Wireless WRT310N Router of which is they indicated is out of warranty. Due to that, they declined to provide me with basic troubleshooting recommendations over the phone without a credit card to charge me for paid support. Nothing with my usage activity has changed yet the router just stopped working. Based on my own attempts to reset, repower, etc. all before calling them, they indicated it's likely defective, which means pay them for extended warranty or purchase a router. Either way, they won't help me for free. They said I could go on their website for support and browse articles that could help. That's basically them turning their head away from me.

I spoke with the Supervisor to state my frustrations with their company policy and he seemed to care less. I told him I'm discontinuing being a customer and basically replied with a "thanks for your time" as if he was reading from a cheat sheet. I'll now take my router business with my internet provider; I will never use a third party company for this. Such incredibly horrible customer service; pure money takers!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Linksys?

Original review: April 6, 2017

Calling Linksys trash is like calling Hitler an amazing person. Linksys is a ** piece of **, that nobody should ever ** buy. It's one of the worst internet services that I've ever used. Currently, using the internet is impossible when something as simple as a microwave is turned on, or using both my computer and my iPhone at the same time is also impossible. That's how trash ** Linksys is. You want good connection? Then stay the ** away from this **.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I have been a loyal Linksys customer. I own an E4200 router and a Linksys extender. I contacted them via chat because of an issue with the extender. I tried using their support site as well as the user manuals to no avail. The warranty expired on the extender only four days ago and they want to charge me for support!!! Hell no!! I will not be purchasing any Linksys products in the future.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I set up the router but tried to log on to the router to change its name and default password. I kept reaching a page that said the router was not set up correctly even though I had good speed. I contacted support. They logged into my computer via a remote app. After poking around they told me I needed some network software. They said they could provide it to me for $125.00 this after having spent $156.10 for the router. I am sending it back to Amazon and getting a Netgear router instead. I would avoid Linksys.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Linksys EA6400 is junk. I called customer service and they said that the only way to return it was if I purchased it straight from them. I have dealt with them for the last month trying to get it to work, finally purchased a different brand and it connected with no problem. It is wrong a company does not stand behind its product. I have used Linksys for years and will never purchase another one. I will also make it well known through friends, family, and social media that this product is junk.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I was going to make a purchase from the online website but I had some questions first. Called up customer service, directly to India, bad connection, couldn't understand a word of what they said. Guess no Velop 3 pack for me.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

Linksys does not have customer support, purchased a router and was having connection issues. No support at all, told me I needed to have my IP address sanitized and my computer software cleaned. Tried selling get me services. REALLY! This should be fraud not just poor practice.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I was having some device listing connection issues in my network router map. I contacted Linksys about this. Apparently I bought the router a year and two months ago, so they tried to charge me for technical support. I bought an almost $300 router. I expect free troubleshooting and technical support if I buy something for that much! This is the last Linksys product I will ever buy!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

Weak wifi connection even though it says that it enhances the connection of our wifi. Nothing of it is true. The output of it is so weak yet it still dare says enhance (clap). Wasted money and wasted time on buying it. Even my old and previous router/modem is able to process quick and better connection than it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

It's all about money and not customer service from Linksys. I called about a problem, and all they could have just told me was to do a hard reset of their router. Instead, they forwarded me to Geeksworld, so I would have to pay for a problem easily fixed with a simple reset to access the router. All I gotta say is, "What the???" Last time I purchase their product, and no recommendations. Time constraints, made the wrong decision and spent $$ on the Geeksworld techs. No thanks, to Linksys "Useless" Support Dept.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

One of Linksys' best routers. It works intermittently at best. Wifi drops all the time. Shuts off with no networks listed at all. Spent hours on the phone with them to no avail. It's 2 days past 1 yr purchase date so I'm SOL...even though this problem has been happening the entire time I've owned it. I was a fool to buy ANOTHER Linksys router. The last one failed, and their rep told me it was just "too old". So, I was a sucker and went with the most expensive one I could find. Nothing but problems. Didn't last one year. Now I have to go buy yet another router. How do these companies get away with this robbery. Unbelievable!!

Original review: July 15, 2016

Purchased this router E900 a week ago, got it set up using wizard on the enclosed CD. Worked fine for about 5 days and then would not connect to the internet. Called support and was told that the problem was not with the router but with my modem and that I would have to pay Rs2000 for support. I called Costco concierge and the problem was with the router settings which they corrected in short order. Will not purchase another Linksys product. Seems they are only interested in selling service contracts on their new equipment.

Original review: May 19, 2016

I purchased a ac3200 Linksys router the EA9200. My problem was my signal kept constantly dropping. They told me to upgrade the firmware which made no difference. They also told me to change my channel frequency which also had no impact on my router. I've called them over 5-6 times with the same problem and they don't wanna fix it. They told me I had to get it replaced which is even more annoying of a process. I paid 300 for this router at Best Buy. Linksys is the worst company in the world because the people that assist you are super super super I mean SUPER lazy and ignorant. They follow protocol but that does not fix my solution. My internet works but the connection drops 10-12 times a day for a few minutes. I don't know how replacing my router will fix that.

I also purchased a wifi booster which does the exact same thing which is constantly drop signal. The wifi booster cost 100$. I spent 400$ plus tax on Linksys products that give me poor quality. I thought in this world you have to pay to get quality but for Linksys thats not the case. They have no good quality and never fix the problem. They just pretend like they're fixing the problem. They go through 2 protocols which is to upgrade the firmware or change the channel of your router. I feel like this company needs to be put in their place so they can actually fix people's problems instead of trying to divert the issue.

Original review: May 11, 2016

This LINKSYS WRT 1900 AC model is one of the more expensive ones of their line. I bought this to make my internet better for family and it wound up making the internet freeze up and not work. Some of us, in same house, got internet, others didn't. Had to keep restarting and still would not work properly. Took it off and internet worked better without it. Customer service is the worst. BE CAREFUL. If you don't buy from them directly, you cannot get your money back even if you have receipt.

Feel I just got robbed for $200+. All they want is to replace it even if you don't want it anymore. To replace it, you have to go through all this tech stuff just for them to give you some sort of voucher number so they could send a replacement. Explained to customer service, why would I go through all this tech stuff, when my internet is working better without their junk product and still wouldn't help. You have to jump through hoops just to get a replacement you don't even want. Waste of hard-earned money.

Original review: May 2, 2016

I have used a lot of different routers over the years and have found that a lot of the problems that people have can be corrected by not relying on tech support, and google what you need. Spend time getting to know the equipment you are using and what you don't understand, look it up. I have spent my whole like working as a service tech in the office machine field starting in 1968, and the first thing that I notice is that people want someone else to fix all their problems and never look at an instruction manual. Where is the drive to understand. I learned to repair my own cars, do my own plumbing, electrical and have built a couple houses. I have noticed in my own kids that the drive to understand theory of operation is lost in today's world. Make tech support your last call and learn something on your own.

Original review: April 17, 2016

What the actual **. I was given the E4200v2 a while back and decided to swap out routers, the ** firmware. They have corrupted the router and they wanted me to pay them to fix their broken system. Never again.

Original review: April 13, 2016

My Linksys router broke, and since the product had a warranty, I called to get a replacement. It was easy to get them to accept that the router was broken, but it took a total of 4 weeks to get it shipped. First, they had to "process the request" for 6 days, then I had to send the broken one in. After they received it they sent a new one, and not using express shipping. All in all 4 weeks of waiting. Since I need my internet for work, I had to buy a new router (did not get a Linksys though). I asked if there were other solutions, for example buying one in the store and being reimbursed. But they only allow one way of doing it, and said it is like this for all warranty claims.

Original review: March 30, 2016

I purchased a brand new Linksys Router WRT1900AC about 8 months ago (7/2015), and it has not been a very reliable router like many of the reviews say it is. I need this router to run my computers when I am away from home, and I like the fact that (sometimes) you can log into the Linksys "Smart" Wi-Fi online feature and see if all of the computers are hooked up (Roku, other devices etc). So the story goes like this, I get onto the Smart Wi-Fi website by Linksys, and it was working fine, but the firmware needed to be updated, so since I had some downtime (being 1000 miles away from home), I decided to upgrade it. Well, all 10 of my computers that are my livelihood are now down, I can't log back in, I can't "restart" the Router.

I've called Time Warner and their modem is working fine (I was on the phone with them also for 3 hours getting bounced around from 5 or 6 Indian provinces). However, I believe it is working as I got up to tier 3 level with TWC and we determined that it is indeed the WRT1900AC which is locked up. I called up the "Customer Service" for Linksys, and have so far been on hold for almost 1 hour, I can barely understand a word the person is saying, and this is all I wanted to convey: Please reset my WRT1900AC router from your end. Apparently, he did not have this kind of authority to achieve this.. And going round and round arguing about this, I said my business depends on this etc. Finally they said a manager would promptly call me back.

Well, I don't know what time "promptly" means in India, but it must mean the transition from Fall to Winter, or Winter to Spring, because they never called me back. My recommendation, do NOT buy this Router. And if you do, do NOT upgrade the firmware and NEVER EVEN ATTEMPT TO CALL THEM. THEY ARE LAZY AND IGNORANT ABOUT THEIR OWN PRODUCT AND SCRIPTED PROTOCOLS. This router was over $200, so look for some other brand. I've heard there are other alternatives, and that is the first thing I will do when I get home next week. Very poor customer service. They just don't care.

Original review: March 25, 2016

I purchase a WIFI extender and have had too much trouble setting it up. I spent an hour trying on numerous occasion. At this point I don't want the money back, nor their hard to navigate customer support. I am throwing this trash in the garbage at my own cost.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

I wish there was an option for 0 stars. I bought the RE6700 wifi extender and it was very simple to use at first. My setup page for it quit working though. It timed out with my first device. I have not been able to get back to it. These things happen and I understand that. Why I will be taking this Linksys product back and will never be purchasing another one and will always speak horribly of them in any public setting I may find myself in, follows. I have a speech impediment so I try to use the chat option at every opportunity. I have had numerous head injuries after 20 years of serving as an EOD technician (bomb squad) in the Marine Corps. I do not rely on that nor do expect anything from anyone for it. I stutter and when I try to push through the stutter I wind up with a migraine. After the chat "professional" told me to call tech support instead of using the chat service, I told him/her that I was disabled and would rather use chat.

He/She then sent me that tech support number again. I told he/she that they were as helpful as VA medical then I pursued a different approach. I ended up back on the chat line and in the first line explained to 'Dave' that I was disabled with a speech impediment and to please not tell me to call a technician. His answer was, "No need to worry. We will help you." I told him the issue and he sent back, "In that case you can speak to our technicians at..." I sent back, "You're joking right?" He sent back, "No". Why would someone treat someone like that? How ridiculous. A simple the only option is that you need to call, or have someone call would have been understandable.

Then the lady in India I ended up stuttering and mumbling to had a harder time speaking English than I did. She did take the time to ask why I didn't have a LAN cable to plug into my WIRELESS extender, though. I guess that makes sense? I now have to take the LINKSYS extender back to WALMART and find a different brand that will hopefully work and have support that actually supports. This all after four hours of fiddling around on the phone and the website.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

Wanted to purchase this router in Canada and many stores (Canada Computers, Walmart, Best Buy) advertising this product on sale. Read many customer reviews and discovered there were two versions of the same product with the exact same SKU being sold in stores and online. Contacted Linksys U.S. and agent only concerned with how I knew this information but not how she can help me. Told me that Version 2 not available in Canada even though other customers have found Version 2 in Canada in some stores after reading the package. Seems that Linksys U.S. is unloading their Version 1 warehouse stock in Canada and keeping the same SKU on both Version 1 and 2. More than a little misleading to the customer.

Version 1, is on sale, but not advertised as Version 1, has crashing issues, 256mb ram and unreliable drivers in the embedded chipsets. Many customer complaints about this product. Version 2 has 512mb ram, slightly higher clock speed, solid, reliable, firmware release in June 2015. How you can tell the difference between the two versions. You will have to visit the store and read the packaging or trust the customer service rep to verify the information as follows: Version 2 has 512mb ram, no fan 1.3 ghz on the package, Rev A01 on the package above or below the white barcode, Serial number also on the package starts with 13J2. Version 1 has 256mb ram, a fan, 1 or 1.2 ghz, Rev D00 or B00, serial number starting with 13J1. There is a noticeable difference in reliability and performance between the two versions. Same SKU used for both versions. All this information can be found online with a little research.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2016

Time Warner is now charging $10 a month for a cable modem so I bought my own for $50 and got it working but the wireless router now wasn't working. Told to call Linksys support. They said my warranty and tech support was expired so I would have to pay them $20-30 for 2 weeks to a few months of support or I could buy a new updated router from them and be without service till it came. I said why would I pay for a new router and be without service when they wouldn't help me with a perfectly good router that was still working fine before I put the new cable modem in. They told me I could go back to my old cable modem and it would work and pay the $10 month rental fee!

I told them I wasn't going to do any of the above and if need be would just buy a new router from a competitor! Turns out it was a ridiculously simple problem to fix. My brother the computer programmer told me to unplug the router, wait ten seconds and then plug in. Guess what problem solved for free. I wish I could tell everybody what a greedy company Linksys is to take $20 to tell you to unplug the router! Can you believe it! Only in America! Of course if it's a woman they think we are so stupid that we would fall for that crap! Now my brother joked I need to give him $20! So glad I didn't let them take advantage of me!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2015

$200 price. 2 weeks after the 12 month warranty and the ethernet input craps out. Nice wireless router but not at $200 for a one year product. No more Linksys Chinese crap with a warranty based life span.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

A few days ago, I bought a Linksys AC2400 router at Costco. Tonight we tried to set it up. The disk did not work when trying to set it up automatically. We downloaded the file to try it manually. The password would not work. On the back of the CD packet was a phone number to call for Support. The number is **. We called it. There is no support there. It is an advertising number. It just kept asking us if we were interested in buying this or that and after numerous asking, it referred us to another number that just continued the sales attempt. We never got any support after calling three times, each from two different phones. We finally went online and found another number and called that and finally did reach Support but were told we would have to wait 35 to 45 minutes.

Linksys must think they are playing some kind of joke on people. I am returning the router tomorrow and I will never buy another Linksys product again. My time is too valuable for this kind of nonsense. Call that number and see what I mean. We did not make a mistake on the number. The above number on the CD packet was correctly read by us as we went over it several times not believing the crap Linksys was doing.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

I received the EA3500 router as a gift about a year ago and have had issues since day 1 but could not return or exchange as it was a gift and had no receipt. My girlfriend and I contacted Linksys for assistance in fixing the issues but since we had no receipt they refused to assist us until I found one representative using their online chat to "help" us out. She put a zip file on our computer and said if this issue continues to upload this firmware update to our router and it should fix the issue... the issue continued so we uploaded the file as we were told and the router crashed instantly, no info in router - completely wiped clean... Call back to customer service give them the order number they issued for the problem. They have no idea who rep was (we gave name) and "apologized" for the issue telling us that it would cost $39.99 for them to fix the issue that they caused... Router is at max 9 months old...... DO NOT BUY FROM LINKSYS/CISCO!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

One month after the one year warranty expired on my Cisco Linksys EA3500 wireless router, the device simply stopped working. When I contacted tech support, I had to pay a fee for phone support which only covered 14 days. Afterwards, if the router malfunctioned again, I was informed that I would be charged a second fee. Needless to say, tech support only eliminated one problem and created another one. My router worked but the signal was very weak on my laptop if I moved to another room. I never experienced this problem previously. My place is very small, so we're not covering much space here. I refuse to pay another fee to expose myself to the possibility of getting ripped off once again. I wish I had read the reviews prior to purchasing this router. I definitely would have passed on buying it.

Linksys Company Information