1.15/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Lenovo

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

813 Lenovo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I have begged and pleaded for assist, one day after writing a bad review, someone actually responded to me by saying, "Ok you got my attention"... and then stopped responding again. Their salespeople sell you then aren't ever heard from again, they don't follow up at all. My computer is now about 4 months old and they want me to pay to update drivers... really. I didn't buy a refurbished unit. It was new. How dare they. Awful awful awful... IBM>>>Where are you???

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Sharing experience nothing else. Bought Lenovo ThinkPad E450 and purchased 3 yr extended onsite warranty from Lenovo... Now my after 1 and half year my battery is not working. And I called customer care for this meanwhile today and the guy was like, "You tell them, mail them to our another team," blah... Blah. And the person say, "Your warranty does not have battery Coverage." Now I have like 3 pages of bill. There it doesn't say anywhere about this battery scene. Super annoyed with Lenovo and their poor and fake service... Strictly recommend don't buy!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I bought a Lenovo All in One on March 2016 and called tech support in June 2017 as it wouldn't turn on at all. I was asked if I had damaged or dropped the All in One Desktop that I use for my business and leave on my desk at work. Had to send copy of receipt because they needed proof of purchase. They sent a tech out who couldn't fix it. Told me to send it in and I did. 3 weeks went by and they said the part was on backorder. Waited two more weeks and called tech support and they said they would send me another computer. I received it June 2017.

The left side of the screen was darker than the rest so I called tech support. They said to restart it. This would come and go but didn't want to deal with the tech support who try to blame me. October 2017 the screen went black. Sending it to tech support. Bought a HP today and will hopefully be able to use the Lenovo as a backup. I will NEVER buy a Lenovo! Had Best Buy wipe it clean for me as I do not trust them at all.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

My Lenovo Ideapad 100S is 3 DAYS old. Touch pad not working. In another state past 3 days. Cannot work. It is absolutely worthless. I am sending this thing back! Looked at the forums, tried the fixes. Nada. Not messing around with this anymore. Thank goodness it's new and returnable. No more of ANYTHING Lenovo makes.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I've had the worst customer service experience of my life with Lenovo. Purchased a Lenovo ThinkCentre M800 in May 2017 In September 2017, the hard drive crashed. After a week of dealing with Lenovo customer service I've gotten nowhere. They refuse to repair the machine. They will only send a part which is currently on backorder. I've spend hours being transferred and placed on hold and not once has anyone actually been able to help me resolve the issue. I will NEVER buy a Lenovo product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I bought a Lenovo Yoga 2 11 Laptop for my daughter for college in June 2016. 1 year later in June 2017, the laptop would not turn on at all. She took it in to see what could be done. They wanted $400.00 for a new Motherboard so I called Lenovo direct because I thought for sure they would agree (I was so wrong) that their laptop should not last only 1 year and for me to spend $400.00 1 year later after spending approximately $800.00 on it then seemed ridiculous.

I called Lenovo the day before and no one wanted to talk to me about it. I got pushed around to about 4 different numbers. This morning, I called and spoke with Beya, who I thought was going to help, but after 20 minutes on the phone, she informed me that they would not do anything about it. I asked to speak to someone higher up, she said no one higher up was there. I asked to have someone call me and she said for me to try back later if I really wanted to speak with someone else. ZERO customer service from every person I spoke to at Lenovo. The product stinks. To break in one year is ridiculous. I will never buy this product again nor recommend it to anyone, ever.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I have had a lot of problems leading to my post. I have given months to Lenovo to get my laptop serviced and back to me. But ultimately I have to let everyone know about the problems I have experienced with them. As a warning to those who decide to purchase their products. Problem: Display problems on laptop touchscreen. Lines/burn in. Here is the recap and letter I sent to Lenovo and BBB: "Dear Lenovo persons, I was informed you might be able to help me out. I'm a Lenovo customer having some of the worst support possible time trying to get my computer repaired or replaced and sent back to me. It's been in the Lenovo Repair Depot since August 6th and is still there. It was extremely urgent to get it back when I reluctantly sent it in. But since I use it for my business, for personal use, it's been detrimental not having it for nearly 60 days.

I have called and called, every 2 days or so to see what's happening, but no new status, and no response back. Unfortunately it's been some of the worst customer service I've ever had, especially for a IT Engineer that's been in the business for 20+ years. I hope you're the right personnel that can help me out, since I get transferred and transferred to anyone the customer Service person deems can help. But ultimately doesn't know either. Here is a brief recap of events to give an idea of how badly things have gone with my Lenovo computer: I called in and had it authorized for repair of defective screen/display. I was informed a tech would be out in a few days to do this. But then the Tech Support personnel corrected themselves and decided the best thing was to send it in. Even if I'm paying for onsite service in my warranty. I reluctantly mailed it in, and never saw it again.

I called in asking about it about a week or so later. Realizing I should have gotten it back by now. Since my Lenovo customers only take about 5 days turn-around. There they told me that I had intentionally damaged my laptop screen and it has been determined to be out of warranty because of this. I realized quickly that it was a lie. I had not, nor has this laptop really ever left my desk at work. I then challenged this, but it came back again and again as being "my problem" and not Lenovo's. I had it escalated, since I knew this is VERY un-ethical business to do this. About a week or more the Lenovo corporate said they realized there is no indication that it was anything but a defect of the computer. Not at all customer damage related. So decided to replace it... Time passed and still my computer never got sent back to me. No phone calls, emails or anything. So I called and called to find out.

After receiving a lot of grief, excuses, and dozens and dozens of phone transfers and disconnects. They told me it was waiting for parts. I asked what the ETA is, and they said there is none. When I asked for more detail, they told me they didn't think the part is even offered anymore. This they told me after it waiting weeks in the repair depot. Even after they offered me to pay for repair of $750, before they decided to repair it...??? So it made me question their business practices, and honesty. Especially after never getting informed on any of this. I asked for a new one since this has been going on for weeks and still nothing has really happened... After some time they escalated it and decided, yes, it will be replaced with a new X270 laptop. I was thrilled.

But after reading the details I realized I was being short-changed/bait-switched with a laptop with less features, and ones that didn't even match. Like a smaller SSD drive, non-touch screen, less RAM, etc. When I questioned the person "Amy **" (I believe) she offered another one T470. I asked the same questions about this one. Never heard back. Tried called her, nothing... Tried calling Lenovo, and they said there is nothing they can do, since Corporate is handling it. They won't even get someone on the line for me, won't answer questions, won't even let me speak to someone who can assist in this. So many messages later and nothing. Plus to top it all off, I was offered a shorter warranty on the new one. A 1 year, where my current one has over a year left, plus 60 days to be pro-rated of it sitting in Lenovo's repair center.

So as you can hopefully see, it's been a very difficult time to get this resolved. I feel no one really cares about the customer. Especially one like me that services hundreds of clients in my business. And I can no longer offer Lenovo as a good computer, primarily based upon Customer Service. So, I hope you can help, or at least get me in the right directions, since it's been so long and I feel it will never get resolved."

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I bought this piece of junk last September, it keeps freezing. Sent back to factory. Said they repaired same problem when I got it back. I resend. They send me the wrong computer back. I will never ever buy a product from this company again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I've had a IdeaPad 110-15ISK for about 4 months now and it's a cheap notebook so can't complain about poor quality as much as a more expensive notebook. But still, you expect at least a good experience and not have stuff break or not work correctly. I have concluded through my own experience with Lenovo support that their consumer line is far less supported than their professional ThinkPad line. Much of my issues come with usability issues, such as a weak audio speaker, a keyboard that works when it wants to and a poor quality screen that has a very narrow viewing angle, even for a cheap TN display it's pretty bad. I've seen better quality on a Chromebook for half the price. I will muddle through the experience with the laptop until I can buy something better. But my advice is stick with Lenovo ThinkPad line and skip IdeaPad line if you want a better notebook.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

This was my first Lenovo (Lenovo IdeaPad z710) after years of buying Toshiba. This laptop is a lemon. And the support behind it is worse. I even bought the 3 year extended warranty. From the first week, the battery died and I was forced to buy a new one. Batteries not covered under warranties. Laptop killed the second battery in 5 days. Laptop was sent back to Lenovo for 3 months and returned with a bill of health provided I buy a new Lenovo specific battery. Ok $90 later, laptop killed battery #3 in 5 days. Laptop has never been used now in 3 years. It won't hold a charge. I bought it on sale, $1,000 not refurbished. Lenovo support was extremely terrible, bad phone system. I never connected with anyone after 3 days of calling, holding, holding, holding. I replaced this laptop with a Toshiba one month after buying this trash. This is the first time I've taken the time to write a review on anything! Lenovo, don't do it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We ordered a Lenovo laptop on the company's website for our grandson who is in college. My credit card notifies me of any purchases when the card is not present. The charge of $868.56 came through within seconds of placing the order late last night. When I got up this morning I found notice of a second charge from Lenovo Group for $81.96. I called them and they said it was a security charge. I told them I don't like the way they do business and asked to cancel the order. They said the request would have to go to their "management team" for a decision and I would be notified within 48 hours. I told them I wanted cancelled immediately and just got a runaround. Three calls and several hours on the phone got nowhere. In fact, in the third call they said would expedite the shipping which originally was said to happen in 10 to 14 days. I objected and said I wanted the order cancelled and again, go nowhere.

They said I could wait and ship back the laptop if I still didn't want it. Their website there could be a 15% restocking fee, and no refund on software, which Microsoft Office Home and Student was $119. I can't express strongly enough that this is an unethical and horrible company to deal with. The Better Business Bureau in NC (where the U.S. offices are based) show zero positive reports, 5 neutral, and 114 negative reports, yet they give them a B-rating. The BBB website also says the company has not resolved or responded to the complaints. Lenovo is a big employer there. As of this writing I'm doubtful we will ever get cancellation of the order. Please, read other complaints and don't trust this company, period.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Bought a new Lenovo Tab 4 8 tablet computer. It is very nice, sleek, thin, beautiful and offers a lot of features. However, people should be aware of at least one feature that has not proven out, at least for me. They claim that you can add an SD card and format it for "internal" use as expanded internal memory. When I tried to do that the tablet immediately recognized the card insertion and asked whether to format it for internal or portable (removable, shareable) use. I chose the internal. The tablet began to format the card, but failed claiming that the new card was "corrupted". I tried with two other new cards including other brands and the result was the same. Fortunately I was able to reformat the cards on my desktop computer to save them. So I decided that it would be better to have them for at least the portable type and reinserted a card as portable. The tablet recognized and I chose portable formatting, which the tablet did in about a split second.

Later I tried to move some picture files onto the card to get some use out of it and when I tried the tablet complained that I could not do that until I pressed some “confirm” button which does not exist. In other words even though I have added a 128 GB card, I am unable to use it. Additionally, with my old tablet I was able to get more utility out of it by adding a third party software called MLUSB, which gave me more access to the internal files on the tablet. For instance I can insert a USB thumb drive and read its contents and move files to or from it using MLUSB. But on the new Lenovo tablet they have somehow BLOCKED ALL ACCESS to those files and I can no longer add or copy or transfer files to or from a USB drive. The trend is taking control of my tablet out of my hands. Also, my old tablet had 8 GB of internal memory and new with no added software less than 4 GB was used.

The new Lenovo sounds great with 16 GB of internal memory, but with fewer programs installed off the top, more than half of the memory is already used up. In short, I like the physical apparatus, but not the software writer's philosophy. Also I notice that now almost every program is asking for permission to access everything, camera, phone photographs, microphone, contacts etc. SNOOPY aren't they? Why would a dictionary program need access to your camera? And on and on…

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Called company cause pc kept going offline, no won't go online AT ALL! They said it had a 2 yr. factory warranty! Called 5x in a 2 week period. Said the parts were not in yet, then said a tech. had to come by to see what parts were need! Filed with BBB, then company big shot called and said only a 1 yr. warranty, when I was told numerous times by their reps. it had a 2 yr. warranty! Then the big shot of Lenovo said they have no record of me calling, but every time you call they say it's recorded!! They ARE BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I'VE EVER DEALT WITH!! Do not by Lenovo!!! Junk and they do not stand behind their crap!!! Buyer beware!!! I will be filing a lawsuit!!! I would not even give a 1 star rating, but had to! A total zero!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I bought a Lenovo 310 IdeaPad last December. I use it for work and it has been great. It has a touchscreen that I rarely use. One night I closed it down and the next morning opened it back up and the screen looked like a Dalmatian all black and white. I thought it was the background but then I realized the screen was cracked all over. I don't have a cat. I really do not know what happened. If I did close it too hard the night before. I don't remember it. The product should not be built so fragile that this would happen. I called Lenovo. They told me to mail it in. Now they say it is my fault and I have to pay. As for customer service they told me to call and they don't know what is going on. Also I mailed it overnight but it took them 3 days to get it. Figure that. They say they will have it back to you in 5 business days. Don't believe that. So my advice don't buy a Lenovo ESPECIALLY NOT A TOUCHSCREEN.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

BEWARE when you buy a Lenovo Onsite Warranty contract for additional $s. Eight months ago bought Yoga 910. In addition paid $200+ for Onsite Warranty. Machine died yesterday and was told THREE BUSINESS DAYS to GET a phone call to see IF they have the part. IF they have part then they will set up a date but will have to wait for TECH to get part. NOWHERE in contract does it say THREE DAYS to get phone call. Talk about adding insult to injury. This is no better than when I didn't spend $200+ for Onsite contract and sent machine to them. I had my laptop back in FIVE business days and didn't pay the additional $200+.

To add further insult – Lenovo canceled my original request for ONSITE service and said I did that! I NEVER asked to cancel. They claim I did because I didn't like 3 business day wait. Of course, I didn't like waiting 3 business days for a return phone call to see if they had the part (which they never told me what part that was), but I NEVER told them to cancel the service request. Had to create new request which put me down cue. Asked to be reinstated in original place and was told NO. Sooooo wrong! Being in business for myself I cannot afford all this downtime. Seriously rethinking Lenovo for my next laptop after years and years of buying them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I was in love with this computer, and everything worked great for exactly 20 days. Before I could even recycle the box it came in, the C, B, P, S and Space Bar died on the keyboard. Tech support spent an hour helping me wipe the machine only to decide it was "mechanical." Yep, a $1500 laptop had mechanical problems before it was 30 days old. Based on a quick Google search, this seems to be a fairly common issue with this laptop. Lenovo has really pressured me to just return the computer. I have spoken with 3 warranty reps and two supervisors and have now been escalated to... someone. Who "will call me back in 3 business days."

Overall terrible customer service; one rep admitted she couldn't understand enough English to answer my questions and could only read the script. Supervisors were extremely rude and blamed me for not buying a better warranty that Lenovo didn't offer on this product. They will fix this machine (if their special shipping box ever comes so I can send it back) but I will never buy from this company again. I strongly caution anyone who wants to buy from this site - Lenovo will NOT stand by their product. They will keep you on hold and berate you until you just "go away." Meanwhile, my business is being run via smartphone and I'm losing money.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I paid over $200 extra for Lenovo's extended warranty. But, I have had nothing but awful experience each time I have called Lenovo's Tech Support. First, they are poor listeners, lack product knowledge, and are downright "I don't care" in their attitude. I online chatted with a Lenovo sales support agent re. buying a dock that will work with my Lenovo Yoga 900. He recommended I buy a Thinkpad USB-C dock. I did so. Now, I find it won't power my Yoga. I just got off the phone after over an hour with Lenovo's Tech Support. First of all, their Ideapad and Thinkpad departments treat each other like they are enemy organizations. When I called the Yoga support (which I then learned was Ideapad), they told me to call Thinkpad (which supposedly is my dock). When I called Thinkpad, they said I need to call Ideapad because my laptop is an Ideapad.

So each told me to call the other. To make it worse, when I called the Canadian Tech Support (as I live in Canada), I was given another number to call. I later learned that was a US number. After spending over 40 minutes talking to a completely incompetent, lackadaisical tech support person, she ended the conversation by saying she cannot provide me any tech support because I live in Canada. How was I to know where the 1-800 call for the number the Canadian tech support guy gave me was going to?? I then asked to speak to her supervisor. When I told her how pathetic Lenovo's Tech Support was, her response was to put me on hold and disappear! Finally, when I called again, I was told by another person that a Thinkpad dock will not work with an Ideapad laptop! I was clearly told by their sales department that it will and in fact, they are the ones that told me to buy it when I asked for a dock recommendation.

By the way, my Yoga's trackpad is terrible. I already had to ship it to Toronto to get it repaired. So much for the on-site extended warranty I paid for. They said they go on-site only for "certain issues". God knows what those "certain" issues are. Clearly, not a malfunctioning trackpad. After it came back from Toronto, supposedly repaired, it still doesn't work very well. I often have to click really hard for it to respond. To make a long story short, I am staying away from Lenovo products and will take every opportunity to badmouth them. Their products suck and their tech support sucks even more. Period.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

It always shocks me why a company like Lenovo puts out a poor product then offers poor customer service but expect repeat customers? It is clear through their actions, THEY DON'T CARE! Issues (1) WIFI connection issue - low signal, disconnects - render laptop almost useless. Issue (2) ghost hits on the touch screen - millions at once. Issue (3) mouse touchpad stops working. Issue (4) Keyboard stops working. 14 months old, $1500 cost. Customer Service says "No warranty." 6 times fails to frame cost or time to fix. Declined talking to Technical Rep. to perhaps quickly fix issues. Informed them these are all reoccurring problems with this Yoga S1 ThinkPad model and perhaps can fix quickly. All cost to me no cost to them. In the market for 2 laptops this year, Lenovo lost repeat business. Bought Asus laptop 5 years ago, call tech support, they will work with you today on solutions and quick fixes free. DROP LENOVO AND BUY ASUS.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I canceled my order before it was shipped but they still shipped it. They said they rerouted the package back to their warehouse. I have been waiting for my refund for 3 months and no news about anything until I emailed them again, they said they never received the return package! But I never touched the package. Now the package is lost. It's completely their responsibility but they won't refund me! It's a $1700 laptop!!! NEVER EVER BUY A LENOVO AGAIN!!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Bought a Lenovo Y720 Cube desktop machine a few days ago via the Microsoft Store. The specs seemed pretty good: Core i5-7400 @3GHz processor, AMD Radeon RX480 video card with 8GB RAM and an Intel chipset. The case is nice and compact so it fits in on my desk rather nicely. Got the machine set up and it went through all of the usual Windows updates. I then installed Magix Vegas Movie Studio so I could edit some 4K video to see how the computer performed with heavy computing tasks. So far, so good.

But on the day after getting the computer set up, strange things started happening. While viewing a web page, the display went blank a couple of times for no apparent reason. On another webpage, the video started flickering and behaving oddly. Thinking this might be a video card issue, I downloaded and installed a software update for the video card. On reboot, the display driver froze. It was stuck on 800x600 resolution and the new driver would not let me change the resolution to the display's 1920X1200 resolution. So I rolled back the driver to the original installation that was present when I started up the machine for the very first time and rebooted. I then tried reinstalling the new driver.

On reboot, the Lenovo splash screen was present, but once the BIOS finished its POST routine, all I got was a blank display. Even after waiting a couple of minutes, Windows still would not boot. I tried everything I could to get into safe mode to try to roll back the video driver, again to no avail. I even tried going into the BIOS to turn off the fast-boot routine in hopes this would let me access Safe Mode. Alas, no luck.

Fortunately, the Microsoft Store offer a no-questions-asked return policy with free return shipping, so I set up an RMA and got a return label in my e-mail. When the UPS store is open again after the Labour Day holiday, I'll be shipping this back. I see no point horsing around and trying to get warranty service from Lenovo and then having to wait 4 - 6 weeks for the computer to be repaired or to get a replacement. Quite dismayed about this as this is the second Chinese-made computer I've bought in the last two weeks that had to be returned because it was junk. The previous machine was made by MSI and it had a defective DVD-ROM drive and messed up the Windows installation. I guess I'll just have to pony up a bit more cash and get a machine custom-built by a local computer shop if I want something that works properly.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I've already read too many reviews that speak of the terrible service they've received from Lenovo and I am going to just join the crowd. Without going into too much detail, I sent my computer in nearly a month ago, was contacted 10 days thereafter, told what the computer needed and asked to pay $321.66. I agreed with the payment because I had cracked the screen but there were other parts such as loose that USB ports. That was August 15th. Well it's now September 1st and I've contacted them to find out what's going on only to be told that they're waiting on parts. When I asked when they were expected they said, “I don't know.” I can't believe this. I pay in full August 15th and September 1st. They still don't even know when they're going to get the parts to fix the thing. I was told on August 15th it will be 5 to 7 days and nobody contacted me to tell me that there would be a delay until I called 17 days later and really to no effect.

Apparently, I'm escalated to some advanced level whatever department that will respond in 1 to 3 business days and today is Friday. They really don't care whatsoever and I wish I could give negative stars. I really wish these reviews would allow us to give zeros or negative stars instead of forcing us to give even one where one is too much than they deserve.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Save yourself. This computer is punishment. It makes me ill that I gave them money for this. I wouldn't have another Lenovo product if you gave it to me free. I dislike it so much that I went through all the ridiculous obstacle course hoops that this site makes you do in order to completely discourage you from wanting to give the opinion they claim to want. They practically need your credit card info so I'm wondering why they require such invasive information to get an opinion on a product. Ps... we need negative numbers for an honest review.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

DO NOT BUY. Bought 2 Chromebooks for Christmas and one battery failed and melted the case after 4 months. Checked on the warranty which was only 3 months (unbelievable). After first denying coverage as out of warranty they finally agree after a few calls as it was obviously a battery meltdown. They sent me the repair order forms to fill out and I sent the computer in at my expense. A few days later they e-mailed me to say they cannot repair as it is out of warranty. Duh. After speaking to "higher level management" they agreed to "kick it upstairs" for further review. They did call back in a few days and after some discussion they agreed to a one time "out of warranty repair". The computer came back 3 days later in a plain box without any paperwork at all, just a computer in a box. After plugging it in and charging the battery it DOES NOT WORK, or even turn on.

Did they replace the battery? It came back with the same melted case, and absolutely nothing to say or show it was repaired. Since I have the phone number on caller ID, I have called numerous times only to get her voicemail, and of course no return calls. Lenovo has certainly failed in their commitment to repair this computer, and having a battery failure after 4 months is unbelievably poor quality control. In 2014 Lenovo had a recall due to battery failure, you would think they would bend over backwards to keep customers happy, not stick it to them!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I have had the worst experience with Lenovo in trying to get my computer fixed after the hard drive failed. Everyone, including Lenovo, agrees that the computer is still under warranty. I took it to a store "authorized" for repair based on information from Lenovo's website. After 1) confirming it was under warranty and 2) determining the hard drive had failed, they held my computer for a week before letting me know that Lenovo would not allow them to fix it because I did not have an invoice with the computer's serial number on it. Mind you, I bought the computer at Lenovo.com and all of the paperwork that came with the computer was still in its box.

When I contacted Lenovo customer support to find out what I needed to do, the representative indicated that since I had in home warranty repair service, I needed to retrieve my computer and someone would come to my house to fix it. I was provided a case number but no specific time or date of when a technician would contact me. I retrieved the computer and after a week of no contact from Lenovo, I then sent a follow-up email to customer support asking when I could expect someone to contact me. I received a response indicating they were sorry for the problems and would get back to me once investigated. That was over a week ago and I have yet to hear from them.

I called Lenovo again today and it was like starting all over. I have now been told to take my computer to another service provider with a picture of my warranty entitlement and they will fix it. I am keeping my fingers crossed. If I could give less than one star, I would. This has not been a pleasant experience. I love my Lenovo computer but this will be the last one I purchase. I have no desire to deal with Lenovo again after this experience.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I would highly discourage you from buying a Lenovo tablet (and by association a computer). I bought a Yoda 460 less than a year ago. The machine is of poor quality and two of the USB plugs broke. When I contacted Lenovo to have it repaired they said that it was not covered under the warranty and that they wouldn't repair it since I didn't purchase the extended warranty.

The same time the keyboard began to malfunction. When I mailed the machine back to them they said that they wouldn't repair the covered keyboard issue unless I paid to have the USB issue repaired. This required that they replaced the motherboard and would cost US$600.00. No thank you. I'll refrain from buying Lenovo and I suggest that you do the same.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

All-in-One 27" High Performance with 24/7 in Home Warranty - I have had this computer for a little more than 2 years now. It has sat on my desk at home this entire time and I love the clean, sleek lines of this instrument. I HATE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE. IT SUCKS. Allegedly I purchased the 24/7 in home service warranty. I phoned in my problem - the computer screen looks like it is defragmenting - I cannot read my e-mails - cannot work on a document. One week ago I was told the parts would ship out to the technician. Last Thursday I was told by James that the parts went out and were received the tech. Today I was told by Adrean that the parts had not gone out but they would "look into it".

I asked to speak with his manager. The manager said the same thing. I asked to be put on hold while they look into it, but he could not do that. He said I would hear from "someone" in the next 24 - 48 hours. In the meantime, I cannot use my computer. I am screwed. I need it to work on. I spent the extra money for the 24/7 warranty. There are a million loopholes that enable Lenovo to not provide the service and allow them to claim it is not their fault. For this reason, I would NEVER buy from them again. World economists say we are turning into a service oriented country, but that is not true, we no longer know how to provide good customer service. It is a sad reflection on the state of the world today.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I wish I could give 1/2 a star as it is so disgusting how Lenovo operates. Honestly disgusting. Lenovo has provided me with a great computer. I'm not going to disparage that. It worked how it was advertised. I used it very often and was never off it. The computer did short circuit and the speakers volume became increasingly low (to the point where 100% sounded like 20%.) I sent it into repairs thinking this will be quick and easy. No. It wasn't. The Lenovo team repaired it and repaired the speakers. The Lenovo team then emailed us and alerted us they didn't want to send the computer back due to it having a crack.

I was fine with that as I needed to have it repaired anyway. I then sent them money to get the screen repaired. Meanwhile my computer has been away for 2 months already!!! They processed the payment A WEEK later. A WHOLE WEEK. Then to boil my blood even more, they said that they have to wait 4-6 weeks for the part. A WHOLE 4-6 WEEKS??? The device has already been gone for two months and now they want to make it 3 months!! My computer has documents from professional businesses and from university studies that I require daily. This computer is still not in my hands as I am writing this review. I am extremely appalled and disappointed in Lenovo and will NEVER be buying from them again!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Have bought two of these. Never left the office. Screws fell out of one, the other just died. Won't post and power won't stay on unless plugged in. Less than 6 months old. Called in for warranty repair, they need both unit shipped back to them where they say they MUST wipe the hard disks in order to repair them. I asked to simply mail me the screws, nope: they have to wipe the hard disk. These were bought without an OEM OS installed. I asked them if they could not wipe the drive, even arguing with the support person that there was no need as one was simply the missing screws and the other was clearly a hardware/BIOS/power issue before it even got to trying to load the hard disk, keyboard... to no avail.

He became quite aggressive and said "Take it or leave it, this was the warranty you agreed to when you bought the computers". Funny, I never agreed to any such thing when I bought them, and as there was no OS or OEM software to click "I agree" on it, and I said as much before trying to steer the conversation back to a more productive path. First and last time I ever bought Lenovo. I should have known better. There's a reason for their price.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I bought the Lenovo Yoga Book 10.1 2 in 1 on 31 January '17 as perfect solution for people who travel light for work (DON'T BELIEVE IT, IT'S COMPLETE LIE!!!). After few flights to/from the Netherlands "halo keyboard" cracked (always in hand luggage never in hold, kept in leather case from new). First ticket opened on Lenovo Service UK website on 25 May '17. Repaired on my cost by Medion Germany (part of Lenovo). They said it couldn't be repaired under warranty because in their opinion (quote of repair) caused by mechanical damage visible chippings/cracks on the case (ANOTHER LIE NO SUCH MARKS). I had to agree to pay because I needed my Yoga Book for work.

It took another 3 weeks to be repaired and sent back to me. Once received on 06 July '17!!! Cracked keyboard. Replaced for brand new one, I noted that the touch screen was unresponsive. On 07 July '17 I contacted Lenovo Service again regarding new issue. To make the story short Medion (please remember PART OF LENOVO) repaired one thing and broke another.

Today is 08 August '17. I'm going back and forth with emails still no solution. VERY POOR QUALITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICE!!! BEWARE!!! Fortunately there is one thing we all can do about it: IF YOU SEE BRAND LENOVO DON'T BUY IT!!! If you know anyone in your company who is responsible for buying company laptops/computers/tablets tell them not to buy them!!! If you know anyone who wants to buy any device made by Lenovo tell them not to do it!!! Please.

If people stop buying Lenovo devices they will have to reconsider their attitude and probably improve the quality of their products and customer service. For me it was first device made by Lenovo but definitely the last one. If you can't believe any of it it's true (sounds impossible, right?) respond to this review leaving your email address. I can send you the whole email communication with Lenovo as a proof. If you read this review before buying Lenovo device it will save you some money and a lot of stress.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We bought our son a Y31-70 for school. It fell apart on the side after a year of use. We purchased a 3 year accidental damage policy. We called to begin the process in March of 2017. Finally we were instructed in June to send the computer in. We have 24x7 on site but we had to send the computer in. We finally got sent a computer in August. It turns out the keyboard is not standard and we want our son to learn the correct way on a standard keyboard. I called the case manager and asked to send the computer back, He began to argue that the computer was not going back. They have a 30 return policy so why not. I was hold my phone in one hand and the computer in the other and crash went the new computer onto the floor. Smashed screen and all. Now the same stuff is happening. I need a computer and fast because school is going to start up. This is the worst customer service and not the 24x7 service plan I paid for.

Lenovo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.
    • Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.
    • Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.
    • Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.
    • Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.
    • Best for: Lenovo computers are best for casual users, businesses, home offices and gamers.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs