1.5/5 (127 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About Lenovo

Lenovo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have the Lenovo 27" AIO, quad core I7 processor, 16 gig memory, one TB hard drive, optical drive. Came with Win 10 home, which I upgraded to Win 10 Pro. The display is excellent, sound is good, optical drive works, but is flimsy. I particularly like the lack of a separate box for the guts of the machine. I got it on sale at Costco at an excellent price point. A good solid fast machine at any price. I recommended it to my son in law and he is quite happy with it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have a Lenovo Chromebook. It works well and has few problems, just wish they put a little more storage space in it. They seem reliable and of good quality compared to many other brands. The one issue I have with this laptop and Chromebooks as some of the keys do not work the same way and you are not always sure which keys you have to use to copy and paste, etc.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I bought my PC at Staples on Broadway and 234 Street in the Bronx with the advice of their top technician Sean approximately two years ago. I've had no problems from the day I bought it. I did research and learned Lenovo was made by IBM. Since then I used an HP 2009m screen from my previous HP computer and just recently I bought a Samsung CF392.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

This is great computer and since I bought this about month ago so far is great. I need to work more with this laptop to know better if it should receive 5. The good thing about this laptop is that it is touch screen, speed is good, it is easy to work and type, the price was great, and the battery is ok.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Purchased my third Laptop from Lenovo. I had several problems with my 2nd Ideapad Flex 15 such as a Touchpad that worked intermittently and speakers with very little volume. Lenovo replaced the TouchPad, but the problem existed. They also replaced the speakers, but it didn't help. Last attempt was to replace the Motherboard. After replacing the Motherboard the TouchPad and Speakers continued to have issues. The new Motherboard didn't allow the battery to charge as needed and according to Tech Support additional Motherboards were no longer available for this 4 month old computer so the extended warranty I purchased was useless. In order to resolve the issues I had to contact the Better Business Bureau.

Lenovo offered to refund my money or provide me another like computer. They offered me a ThinkPad P15v which is a cheaper version of the ThinkPad 15P. I chose this computer because it had a little faster processor but I had to give up my Flex capabilities as well as my touch screen. Although I'm somewhat satisfied with my new Laptop, I believe Lenovo has ongoing issues with Speakers and TouchPads on all their models. Also, my $1K IdeaPad Flex 15 had a Battery that would last every bit of 7-8 hours without having to charge. My new $3K ThinkPad P15v battery lasts approximately 4 hours until it needs to be charged. I always thought the more expensive computer was the better option, but in the case of Lenovo Laptops this doesn't hold true.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Bought recently Duet 7i, after a few weeks the hardware shows it's poor production quality - sealing lips break off and the worst, the keyboard stopped working (only Win button and keypad works). As no replacement parts are available to purchase (!!??), I addressed it to customer service. They only provide tedious steps (also complete wiping of the OS and reinstall) to resolve the matter, took a couple of hours time to perform all suggested measures, result: still not working! (What a waste of time.) Independently topic highlighted back to customer service, awaiting feedback now for several weeks... nothing! Poor customer service, poor products, do not buy!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

The IdeaPad 3 has slow and inaccurate responses on both Microsoft and Google platforms. Frequent inability to connect with Internet, even with a good router signal and using different routers. Lenovo Vantage offers some good fixes for common problems, certainly better than Microsoft support. This does not, however, compensate for a laptop that is terribly unresponsive and frequently caught in loops. Scans reveal that the laptop is performing optimally, which is terribly.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I purchased a Legion Tower gaming desktop, which, if you couldn’t guess from the other reviews, broke very early. The second time turning it on, the motherboard short circuited and every fan refused to work. I called to have Lenovo fix it, which, according to their warranty, they’re supposed to send somebody out to look at it. They did not, and the customer service guy, who seemed to be reading from a manual as he “helped” me and didn’t seem to know what he was doing when I let him take remote control of the unit, ordered the parts on his own.

I was promised the parts would be ready for installation within a week. I took it to a computer repair store for them to diagnose it, and they said the motherboard needed replacement. Ok. I call Lenovo to let them know, and they claimed they already ordered a motherboard. When I asked which one, they said Intel. They stopped making motherboards years ago though, but ok. Soon a month went by, and I’m still waiting for the part delivery. I called for the 7th or 8th time, and they said it was pushed back 4 months after I ordered it. Note: the only part I was waiting for was a heat sink.

Eventually, Lenovo closed my case without my knowledge and marked it as solved. Yeah, sure. I got an email from customer support saying I would receive a replacement unit. A few days later I’m told they don’t have any spare units to replace it with. Of course, because it has a 3080 in it. They offered to refund me, but I manage to talk them into paying me back for my local computer store to replace it with the one they have in stock.

Here’s the real kicker: they don’t have it in stock and told me this is a very common issue with this model. Not only that, but the cooler is built into the motherboard for some reason and the case has these bars in it that prevent you from installing any other parts except theirs, but their parts, as you’ve gathered from reading reviews, are faulty. If you buy this unit, which I don’t recommend, you WILL NOT be able to replace parts on your own.

TL:DR- Lenovo customer service is not knowledgeable nor helpful with any issues, and they will never have the parts in if you need a replacement. Their warranty covers basically nothing since they aren’t able to provide on their end. Their computers are also built so you can only use their parts.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I purchased new Lenovo Ideapad S340 in March 2021. Since the day I purchased the laptop I didn't get the Microsoft Office activated although in bill it's written Windows 10 with MS Office. Tried checking with Lenovo technical support. They say contact Microsoft and there is no way to contact to Microsoft. While calling Microsoft they ask for activation key and activation wizard that I don't have and Lenovo is not ready to provide that.

Other issues with Lenovo Ideapad S340:
    Laptop takes lot of time to start.
    If I put laptop ideal for 30 min or more it gets hang and I have to do forcefully shut down.

On sleep laptop starts heating and battery drains to 0%.

Lenovo is not willing to fix this they always say no issues with hardware although it's in warranty period. Please don't buy Lenovo Ideapad. It's totally waste of money and time talking to Lenovo Customer Support. They just makes customer fool.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I bought Lenovo yoga 7 series laptop by paying 89k which the company claims to be placed on the premium side of its products, but the product is just pathetic. The external chassis design is made to look good, but the display and the keyboard area design is below average. It has crazy heating issue and the battery backup claimed is an absolute cheat. I own a 6 year old 45k worth lenovo ideapad which is far better in quality than this 88k worth piece of crap. Lenovo stores and customer care are a bunch of frauds, so if you have good budget go for apple and not these Chinese craps.

Lenovo author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

Lenovo Company Information