3.9/5 (1354 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About Lenovo

Lenovo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: May 12, 2022

My Lenovo C Series laptop of just over a year (just out of warranty) kept prompting me to do an update - I finally let it - it was some kind of BIOS update - it KILLED my laptop completely. Black screen - won't respond to anything. When I the went to Lenovo website - I cannot contact anyone because it is not in warranty - absolutely no way. I did get on the forum where I found out this is not a new problem - or one they have a remedy for. Despite having had it 15 months - I have less than 30 hours on the thing. Trash.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I have a Legion T5-26AMR5 made by Lenovo. The other day I started having issues when I turned on the PC, bios was reporting a problem with the fan. I called support and immediately the technician said they were going to send me a flash drive so I can reinstall Windows 11. I said it is not a software but a hardware issue. It took 3 days of me trying to convince the "technicians" what the problem was. I even found the solution on one of Lenovo's own forum, "replace the motherboard".

But no, I had to reinstall windows. Normally, I would have no issue, done it many times. You're asked when the Windows reinstallation starts if you want to reinstall Windows new, meaning you lose everything or if you want to do an actual reinstallation and your files are put into a folder named Windows.old. I asked the "technician" if I'll lose any files. He said yes, for I would have to back up my software. I said how can I do that if I can't start windows.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm a PC tech, been one since 1986. I'm A+, Dell and IBM certified. These "TECHNICIANS" are nothing more than children reading from a book. Put customers with real technicians. Someone who knows what they're talking about. I asked the last technician if he had ever worked on a PC. After several minutes he said yes. A real technician, I mean someone who has built a PC from scratch would have said yes the second he was asked. What if you took your car to a mechanic and he had to read in a manual on how to troubleshoot your car, then had a real mechanic fix it. Or your doctor doing the same thing?!?! Get rid of these imposters and have real techs who have gone to school or worked on the field for years to the job.

I finally was able to get back into windows. After waiting to hours for my PC to cool down. Remember when the technician said I would lose everything. I fortunately didn't lose anything. The procedure didn't fix anything. I'm still getting the error message, error 135. Lenovo is not the first company to hire people as technicians. I was asked years ago if I would work for one of these companies, Volt was the company. When I saw what I would be doing, sitting at a desk, answering a phone and reading from a folder, I said no, I have to be hands-on.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I bought a full coverage warranty from these clowns thinking if anything happens they would openly help replace or fix the issue. Now my laptop needs a new battery, and there are problems with my screen and all of which is fully covered by the warranty yet when I call them I spent an hour on the phone just on hold and then another hour trying to explain to the lady that I do not need another warranty because I already have one and I just need my laptop to get fixed. the lady kept pushing and pushing for me to buy something I already own! After all the hassle and time-wasting, nothing! THESE PEOPLE SUCK! THEY ARE NOT TRAINED TO HELP, JUST WASTE TIME AND MONEY!

Original review: May 1, 2022

Purchased idea pad 1 from Lenovo.com but was notified by a family member that there was a $75 price difference immediately after the purchase. I called customer service within the hour of purchase, received confirm# of cancellation. I placed new order, and instead chose an idea pad flex3; 2 days later both computers were shipped out. The website continually crashes during browsing, I should have taken that as an omen. The customer service guy told me to just take a picture of the price difference and when it comes provide them with the info. for the discount.

I cancelled my order, I had 3 items in each order, they were able to cancel the two accessories and chose to send out the computers, which by the way, everything came relatively at the same time. The kicker is that the backpack and laptop showed up in the same box from the 2nd order, confirming the origination point was from same place, hence the deliberate act of sending out a cancelled order. If anything goes wrong with these computers I will not reach out to this company for assistance, they've failed at the most basic level and have ruined any trust in their ability to rectify or follow through with customer service.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Sometimes I think I can throw the laptop from terrace but then. I get it very costly. I want replace it.. In lockdown I want to. I buy but now is hell..No review from my side. I wanted to zero review but no option for.. Lenovo.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Bought IdeaPad 5 Pro in Jan 2022 (3 months ago at this point) directly from Lenovo's website, together with Premium Care support and 2 years accidental damage protection. 3 months later all of a sudden the wifi icon disappeared from the tray and the settings. I had to call on three separate occasions to Lenovo's Premium Care Support to ask them to open a repair ticket as they kept saying they would and send me a confirmation but didn't do it. On the third call, I said, "Do not hang up until you have opened the ticket and sent me the confirmation," which is when they finally did it. Eventually they ordered a new wifi adapter card, which arrived the next day, the next day a technician came, changed the wifi adapter card, but it didn't help. Now they are planning to change the motherboard of my 3-month-old laptop!!! And they refuse to replace it.

Pay attention in the Warranty agreement, it says "If the Service Provider determines that it is unable to repair your product, the Service Provider will replace it with one that is at least functionally equivalent. If the Service Provider determines that it is unable to either repair or replace your product, your sole remedy under this Limited Warranty is to return the product to your place of purchase or to Lenovo for a refund of your purchase price." But then they add, "The replacement product or part provided by Lenovo may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part." Despite the technician himself calling and telling them that my laptop needs replacement, they refused to replace it, and apparently even if they had agreed, they could send me an old laptop. Keep away!! Complete disgrace for a company of their scale.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I called to get a price match on an offer that was currently on their website. I was told I had to take a screenshot of the offer and email it to them. Did that, then had it rejected because it was supposed to be "in your basket at checkout". The offer has since expired and I'm still trying to get them to honor the price as it was valid when I originally called in. This feels like I'm teaching algebra to pre-school students, however it's nowhere near that complex.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Junk is junk. Do not buy this brand of PC. Buy a used one with Windows 8. It will work better. Slowest pathetic useless computer on the market. I will not even donate this useless thing to charity. I can believe Best Buy sells this thing.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Disaster!! Can't get any support! Email support but never gets an answer anywhere! Have so many awful problems with my P1 Gen4 so it's embarrassing! I now hate my brand new computer due to all the problems! Obvious quality problems, color missing on keyboard buttons, fans jerking, white spot on the screen, battery life max 4h, longer battery life on macbook 15 "from 2011, bios updates that kill usb-c / TB4 ports, bluetooth problems, fan problems, sleep mode don't work properly (hot even though led is fading), usb-chime sounds al the time. Fresh windows 10 install with all drivers updated. Catastrophically Embarrassing!

Original review: March 17, 2022

When buying Lenovo products from their official website be aware that most likely you are not directly buying from Lenovo! No information during the process tells you that you are buying it from another seller as it happened in my case. My device is faulty and could not be repaired, so asked for refund directly Lenovo and they say they cannot tell me if I get refund or not. The seller needs to decide. And at that moment I was like, "A seller?" When you buy directly from Lenovo website you expect it to be from Lenovo directly. In my case it was Digital River. On top of this, they do not seem to be able to communicate to each other and make it easier for you. EMEA customer service recommended me to reach out also to Digital River. Why? The process is terrible and you as a consumer feel like wasting time talking to Lenovo. Never again. Be Aware!

Lenovo author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

Lenovo Company Information