3.51/5

1078 Lenovo Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

About 6 months into my Lenovo Yoga 710's warranty, the touchscreen stopped working. After contacting their customer support, they agreed to send a man to our house to repair the laptop for free. This took around 2 months. Unfortunately, he was unable to fix it, and afterwards, the screen began to pop out of its chassis. He told Lenovo about it, and about 4 months later they got back to us. They agreed to give me the Lenovo Yoga 730 15" Platinum, a value of around $1,700 currently. When I bought my 710 on Black Friday, it only cost $600. Although the customer support took a very long time to resolve the issue, I still had a decent experience with them.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I was experiencing problems such as: 1) I couldn't type anything in the search box, 2) When I clicked on the window on the bottom left my programs wouldn't come up, 3) I was unable to brighten the screen on F11 & F12, 4) I couldn't change the volume (higher or lower) on the F2 and F3 key. Microphone on Cortana wouldn't respond. I clicked on Driver Finder, got that working, it took a while for it to work once I requested that it find drives. When it was completed my computer worked properly. I recommend this for most problems.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Lenovo 21"all in one PC - Purchased to replace old HP desktop. Very sharp picture quality, easy to setup since it talks to you & guides you through setup. Easy to install needed apps. Very good price. Would definitely recommend!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I'm writing this review after a recent experience with Lenovo's repair team. A few weeks ago, I spilled (accidentally) some tea on my laptop (Thinkpad). Although the computer was working fine, the keyboard had gotten sticky and that made it difficult for me to type. After calling and arranging a repair, I sent my laptop to the Repair Depot on Friday afternoon and got it back with a completely new keep board - three days later - on Monday. Get that warranty, ya'll! Thank you Lenovo for your professionalism and quick service!

Original review: June 17, 2018

I feel Lenovo is still the best laptop computer for the money and still the best kept secret when it comes to mobile computing needs. And I will still take an 8-year old Lenovo laptop over any other brand's new laptop any day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: June 12, 2019

I have owned several computers and laptops in my days. Being an SGML technical writer, I am quite familiar with these type of systems and the de-evolution of the user interface. This laptop was by far, the worst I have ever used. At less than a year, I started having problems with it and its constant interruptions and the need to install updates, etc. Then today right at two years; I got a critical error resulting in a blue screen failure. I could not even get the computer to boot up in safe mode, using the procedures provided by Microsoft. Even worse and very important for all to know: these lap tops have a non-removable battery, making it virtually impossible to stop the power supply to its systems. You can never really turn them off.

So when my laptop crashed with this blue screen error, the first thing I noticed was WiFi was still connected, but I had no control over the functionality of the laptop! This means, the WiFi is engaged, the battery cannot be removed and all you have is the soft switch to "try" to ensure no one has hacked into your system. If I had known when I bought it that it had serviceless battery, I would have never purchased it. I opened it to disconnect the battery and they had it strangely sealed with sealant, after several screws were removed. Upon actually opening it, my arms and face begin to sting and itch. I'm not sure what was going on there; I to put it in my basement until I get it checked out. Do you know that arbitration with this company is held in a foreign country (India I believe). Never again will I make this mistake.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I bought 20 Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 tablets for the courses I run. Even though they were brand new, they are ONLY running Android 6 OS - with NO option to update to a more recent or the most recent version of Android. There has been absolutely NO support or feedback to any of my requests or on their support forum - or any other forums. Zero response to the many people asking the same questions - can we get our money back on a product that is obsolete before we even purchased to?! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING MADE BY LENOVO BECAUSE THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL!!

Original review: June 5, 2019

Bought Lenovo laptop (LEN-530P) for my gal as she had enrolled in Poly in 5 April 2019. Collected the laptop, and on her first day in school, she noticed that the wifi was not working while in class. She thought it was due to the high search and usage by other classmates. However, after 2 days, she realised the there was some technical fault in her laptop. She called up customer service to report it. Technical assisted her over school service counter and was told to reboot and reinstalled the software. After several tweaks the wifi then function.

Few days later, when she was supposed to use the Skype camera, she realised the Skype cam was not working. Again she get her laptop to fix at her school technical support counter. They informed that she needed to call the main Lenovo service office. A technical staff came to check and fixed the Skype camera with new but was told that actually the mother board was faulty. She was told to wait as there is no available stock. She had to wait for another few days to get it fix once the stock is available.

After fixing the mother board, the technical staff that they need to bring back her laptop to fix, not sure what is the issue again. Now she has to attend class without her laptop. Wonder is this the policy that she has to bear with all the inconvenience? Now without a laptop, she cannot even do her school work. Wonder why, Lenovo could not even offer to replace her with a new laptop, so that she can get on with her school studies than to worry and disturbed by all these hassles. Concern parent. Jessica. 5 June 2019.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Nearly two months ago, I purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad 330S 15.6” Laptop (Intel Core i7-8550U/256GB SSD/8GB RAM). I am currently a student finishing a research-based MSc, and I rely heavily on a laptop to complete my work - thus, despite my small income, the quality of the product I was getting was extremely important to me, so I forked over just over $1 000 for what I thought would be a good machine to use to finish up my data analysis/thesis for this degree.

I was attending conferences and interviews abroad shortly thereafter, and chose to take my old laptop with me instead of my new one, just to be safe. After I came back, I only used it three times (sorting through data on Excel) before it completely crapped out on me. It was ridiculous - I have to hand in 150 pages of writing in 4 weeks, and the laptop I’d purchased to help me do the job wouldn’t even turn on. I take it in to Best Buy (where I had purchased it) and they take a look at it, only to tell me that I got a defective hard drive, and that the only option was to send it off to Lenovo to (hopefully) get it fixed under their warranty. My god, how I wish I’d have spent more time on the mess of a laptop sooner, so I could’ve caught this and returned it before it nearly ruined my career.

Now I’m out of money (having spent nearly everything I had on this machine), my thesis deadline is coming closer and closer, and I’ve got nothing to write on. On top of that, I’ve lost everything I put on the laptop before it crapped out on me - namely, another $1 200 worth of software for my research as well as $800 worth of data. Currently, I’m doing the best I can, cobbling together a thesis from several computers on campus, running back and forth between different buildings to try & get access to the software I need (and had lost - thanks, Lenovo).

I am set to begin a PhD in a few months, funded by a $300 000 scholarship... which I risk losing because of the time, effort, and headaches caused to me by this complete joke of a laptop. This machine should never have passed quality control - someone wasn’t doing their job. Lenovo just lost a customer for life. I will never forget this, and hope that spreading the word far enough keeps others from having to deal with a similar situation. Save your money - don’t spend it on Lenovo products.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I ordered a laptop dock from Lenovo's website, and they told me it shipped. UPS tracking says that the order never shipped. I have contacted them three times over the last week and received promises that they will check and get back to me, but they never respond. They tell me that they have to "check with logistics", but they won't let me talk to "logistics". Almost two weeks after its supposed delivery date, it's still not here. I will not be doing any further business with Lenovo.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I warn anyone who is thinking of buying this computer... DO NOT!! It has had issues from the very beginning and when you call tech support they will not help you without paying. I paid a lot of many for it and certainly would think they could help fix any issues. I wish I had never made the purchase. I have had lots of laptops over the years and have never been asked to pay more to get help.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I tried to purchase a C530 model and immediately after entering my payment information, they kicked me out of checkout. The price was then increased by $100 and the coupon code I had used was no longer valid. Very shady to advertise a low price with available coupons, and then increase the price right as someone is trying to actually buy from you.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I bought ThinkPad tablet x1 Gen 3. It cost me around £2000 with top spec. Quality is questionable. My tablet stopped working after 23 days of receiving it. Shocking knowing that it passed some military test. Lenovo with partner River Ireland has extremely bad customer service. It looks like they are amateurs trying to get piece of the market by not looking at their customers. Just selling goods and services and ignoring us. Like dishonest people do.

My journey with Lenovo and River Ireland started on 1 March 2019 (bought tablet from Lenovo.com web. But invoices are from River Ireland) when I place an order. Tablet received around 12 March 2019. Tablet stopped working 4 April 2019. Called to Lenovo tech. support. I was advised that they can collect and fix it. But I wanted full refund because I believe it’s not to satisfactory quality (stop working in 23 day). Advised to go to River Ireland but no result.

They were sending me forwards and backwards through departments till this day 08 May 2019. My advice to you forget Lenovo and Digital River Ireland LTD that they exist. It is frustrating to get it sorted when they give a damn about you. I will never buy again from them and if I will see that someone is partners with Digital River Ireland LTD I will cancel my order straight away. I advise for you to do the same.

Original review: May 6, 2019

For a minute there after Lenovo acquired ThinkPad brand from IBM you thought there was some real progress in the brand with the ThinkPad X1 Tablet first and second generations. But taking away hardware via the front facing camera flash, adding fan cooling and a couple of dozen grams, just for a slightly faster i7 processor, and now the silver ThinkPads with this new line of trackball-less ThinkPad keyboard next generations, and you begin to hear the sound starting of a loud proverbial flush of the ThinkPad brand down the toilet. Calling IBM from the bullpen...

Original review: May 4, 2019

I had a very bad experienced about Lenovo Yoga laptop, very bad product, I had bought 2 month back. From one day laptop is regularly going to service centre, very bad experienced of service centre. I request to all consumer please don't buy Lenovo laptops. I made going to consumer court for this if anyone wants to come contact me. **. Lenovo is very worst. Don't don't don't buy Lenovo.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Basically, their onsite warranty is non existent. Don't spend the extra money, and stick with Depot, as this is all you get anyways. Reading their terms and conditions (after buying and needing to use), after 2 months of operation, the SSD failed. Their solution: mail me a replacement hard drive that will take 4 days to get here. Then I have to install it myself, and set up the entire laptop from scratch.

Not what I expected as far as onsite warranty. Having had Dell and other onsite warranties, I have never experienced the lack of interest in solving my problem as I have with Lenovo warranty. It's not even Lenovo. It's some very unprofessional 3rd party company, with a support website from the 90s. Very disappointed with this warranty service. Cannot rely on this for any business critical hardware.

Expected: A tech to show up the next day and fix the problem. Received: An SSD in the mail 4 days later. Have fun installing and configuring it all. I expect this laptop to be out of service for at least a week due to their terrible service. They should have overnighted the SSD. In the end, they don't care, and I have a very high end/expensive machine out of service for a week.

Original review: May 3, 2019

This is the worst company I have ever ordered a laptop from.... period. I ordered a laptop in March of 2019. Without notice, they pushed the ship date about 4-5 weeks. I called and they blamed it on a custom order (I changed the size of the hard drive). They offered me $100 off and said they would contact the warehouse team to get a status. Neither of these things were ever done. Late in April they updated the shipping date to a few days earlier. Great! But I noticed it said that it would be shipped and received on the same day. Then the next day they updated the shipping a day later... and the next day a day later. Obviously, it wasn't going to be received the same day it was set to ship.

I called Lenovo. They gave me word-for-word the same speech and promised to contact the warehouse team. Again they updated the shipment date. I called back later the same day and requested a cancel. They offered a $100 discount. I declined. They said my cancel would process in 24 hours. The next day they email me saying that "federal law" requires cancellation of my order within five days automatically because they cannot estimate a shipping date. Nobody contacts me regarding my cancellation.

The next day the laptop magically ships from China. I call Lenovo. They process a "refund" and reroute the laptop to North Carolina. Here's the strange thing.... They haven't charged me yet. A little suspicious I place some calls to AmazonPay and they confirm I have not been charged. Hearing what happened they email Lenovo requesting a stop charge and cancel. Still not charged as of this. I check UPS tracking and the laptop has been rerouted. Whew right? Nope.

Today UPS shows that the laptop was delivered.... TO LENOVO'S WAREHOUSE IN NORTH CAROLINA. Presto chango? Today, when Lenovo receives the laptop I already cancelled, I'm charged for the full amount of the laptop. Now I have to dispute the charges. These actions are borderline criminal fraud and theft. My credit card said they will not pay the charge and have started a dispute with the vendor. I could not be more angry. Avoid these crooks at ALL COST.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I paid $1300 for what I assumed would be a good laptop. I could not have been more wrong! I've barely used it, I write papers on it and do basic internet searches. Just 3 years after purchase, it has had a total hard drive failure. Best Buy told me this is a known hard drive issue for this laptop, and therefore these hard drives aren't even used anymore. I contacted Lenovo and they couldn't care less! Save your money, take my advice, and don't buy a Lenovo!

Original review: April 30, 2019

I wouldn't know anything about their products because it was impossible to order from Lenovo. Short story is Lenovo's customer service won't do anything to help you. Long story, I tried to purchase a laptop, and they cancelled the order because my shipping address was different from my billing address. It was especially difficult because I was moving and on a time limit. They did not refund me for the cancelled order until 4 days later, despite their customer service telling me to give the refund 24 hours every day I reached out to them. This order was scheduled to be delivered in one week.

When I placed my second order, their website gave me a delivery date of two weeks AFTER the order was confirmed. This didn't work for me since I was moving. I tried to change the shipping address the day after the second order was placed. Their customer service told me they could not change the address at this point in the order, even though their website said the it hadn't been fully processed. I cancelled the order at this point. Lenovo was the worst company I ever tried to purchase something from.

Original review: April 26, 2019

To start I love Lenovo products... key word products. They have got to have the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. I have been trying to get a refund for a faulty laptop. I started the looonng process of talking to customer service and opening a case on Monday. I was told that a manager would have to approve the refund and would contact me within 48 business hours. Needless to say no contact was made.

I then had to call again to the customer no service line in hopes of getting someone more useful. I reached an assistant who explained how another department had to help me so he transferred me. The place he transferred me couldn't help and transferred me again. The place they transferred me also couldn't help and again transferred me! Keep in mind these are not direct transfers to another rep, you get put right in the back of the waiting line once again. So now I am 40 min in on hold still!!! I am hoping if someone ever picks up on that they can help.

This is not the first time I have dealt with their customer service and the experience each time has been the exact same. The experience is so bad that although their products are great (I think I have been unlucky with my last two breaking within 2 days of use) I hesitate to ever buy from them again in fear that if anything ever goes wrong with my product that I will never talk to someone who can help fix it. Usually, the product is good, always service is bad. If you ever have a problem with your laptop you are better off Craigslisting the laptop for change than going through a 4 day process of pain.

Original review: April 26, 2019

It was godawful from start to finish. Monitor stopped working within 3 weeks (!) of purchase and when I contacted Best Buy for warranty agreement they have advertised they told me they don't support it because Lenovo reneged on it and that I should contact them directly. I did and they said I'd have to send it out in a mail and wait for weeks. Thanks - I actually work on my computer, that's why I bought it.

I then had to go through hell with dozens of phone calls between BB and Lenovo trying to sort out the servicing that I knew they owed me as a retailer that guaranteed the product no matter what Lenovo has or has not done to them. Long story short after an absolute livid rant I finally get a manager to take it in, only to have an issue repeat in 3 weeks again (right after that warranty expired) SO I let them know on their FB page what is happening and I get called "entitled" o_0 for ** wanting my new laptop to work for more than 6 weeks?! Or for believing them when they said they would fix the issues? Anyway, absolutely no help - complete waste of time and some gaslighting on the "service" page. I set it aside, bought another brand and now neither I nor anyone I care about will EVER buy any of their products again. Best Buy lost my business too, btw.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Doesn't this sound like a best trade deal? :) I really wanted to just share my experience with this brand. I own Lenovo Yoga 910 (bought in 2017 in Best Buy). When 1 year guarantee period passed, my touchscreen and USB A port stopped working! Then, after several months it just died.** During that "several months" period of time I went through unimaginable amount of driver installations, forum searches and Lenovo forum cursing. :D (Did you try turning it off and on?)

When the laptop died, I was so anxious that I took it to technician to understand exactly which component died. **Turns out some kind of controller on motherboard died** (it's responsible for lots of things). It's N1 suspect in touch problem, USB problem and finally death. The fun fact is that **my father's Lenovo is showing exactly same symptoms**. His touchscreen stopped working :D. Now I am going to call him and tell him how it's going to end. **This post is created from 6 year old, cheap HP laptop, about a computer that did not last full 2 years.

Original review: April 26, 2019

From the purchase of goods in 2-3 months, it began to work poorly and break from the strong heating. The connecting parts began to melt. I sent it to the service of goods. It stayed there for over a month. When they sent it back, they said that they formatted it. What is the connection? Problems also continued from heating. Stopped connecting internet and from strong heating, the computer just turned off. 2 more times it was taken to the service. And there it was longer than the first time. For the third time it stayed there for 4 months and at the same time the warranty period ended and they returned it to me with the words that, "You will pay for the next time since the guarantee has expired." I did not use it for long. Then the screen fell completely out of heat and the motherboard burned down. I wrote to Hong Kong. But no answer. A waste of money, time and nerves.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I purchased my Lenovo Yoga 2 11" laptop in September of 2016, so it is now 2-1/2 years old. After 2 MONTHS, it wouldn't turn on so I spent a couple hours with their technical support before they said I needed to send it back to them for repair. A couple of days to get the shipping box, they kept it for a couple weeks to replace the hard drive and it has been a slow, clunky computer ever since. I have taken it back to factory refresh 3 times, continually clean the cache on the hard drive, defragment the drive a couple times a year and have even bought software to "tune up" the crappy PC. Still, when I turn it on, even when it is only in Sleep mode, I have to wait over 5 minutes before it "warms up" and even then, it takes 60 seconds before an app or program opens when I click on it. I'm done with this junk and I won't even try to sell it because I would feel bad sticking anybody else with this. HP, Dell, Toshiba...but no more Lenovo.

Original review: April 25, 2019

eCoupon code didn't work. Tried to purchase a Yoga 730 (15”) Laptop (81CU000TUS) through the Lenovo (Canada) Website. The web price was $1699.99 CAD with an eCoupon savings of $455 CAD so a final price of $1214.99 CAD before taxes. eCoupon code did not work during checkout so I chatted with a customer service agent and they told me that the best they could do was was offer me a price (in USD) that was equivalent to about $1620 Canadian dollars so a $455 discount became an $80 discount - really disappointing and a big waste of my time.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I'm deeply disappointed by my experience with my Lenovo Thinkpad. This product broke twice in 2.5 years, both times for the same reason (battery issues). When I recently tried to get it repaired, the company said they won't honor the warranty and they won't fix the product (even if I pay). I was disgusted that this company won't provide service on an expensive product they sold me only 2.5 years ago. Apple or Dell would never do this to their customers. This is my last Lenovo.

Original review: April 19, 2019

The touch screen failed before it was a year old, still under warranty. Lenovo made me send it off and kept it for several weeks in order to fix it. A few weeks after getting it back (during which time my one year warranty expired) the screen started showing a diagonal black line near the top of the screen that shouldn't be there and never goes away.

Even after two phone calls and speaking with a supervisor at Lenovo support, they REFUSE to fix the screen again - even though it has only been a few weeks since they fixed it and it is a continuing problem that originally happened under warranty, they said since the warranty expired during all of this, I'm out of luck. They will not stand behind their repairs. I'll just have to get used to that black line across the screen and hope it doesn't get any worse. And I'll never buy a Lenovo Lemon again.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 530 (i5) from Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. I moved to Melbourne, Australia immediately after. And the Laptop's WiFi adapter started malfunctioning, amongst other things. The fingerprint scanner is crap too and the battery back-up has already fallen by half. I requested Lenovo Australia to help me. They picked it up for repairs under warranty. But refused to give me a spare one to use in the meantime. If this harassment wasn't enough, when they did pick it up, they made me pay for the secure packaging of it. Then their pick-up partner, DHL, refused to give me a time for the pick-up and wasted an entire day of mine where I just sat at home waiting for them.

Once Lenovo Australia had the laptop with them, they kept it for 4 days and then sent it back with a repair note that said they had replaced the WiFi adapter. The adapter still malfunctioned and WiFi network is still dropping every half an hour or so. I've tried it on at least 20 different networks. This incompetence was when I had had enough with Lenovo. I initiated a returns request but Lenovo Australia refused to process it saying the laptop was bought in India and I need to contact Lenovo India to return it. Lenovo India, when contacted, said they can't do anything and they'll let the Australian team "decide".

This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a product or service. It's as if Lenovo, as a company, is functioning in the 1990s and their customers are in 2019. It is an incompetent firm and makes faulty products. Never buy a Lenovo. They treat consumers like they are children. And dump their substandard products into small towns in India.

Original review: April 16, 2019

On Feb 19, 2019 I ordered a 730 yoga laptop for my daughter for her birthday which was on March 21st. I considered opening the box to inspect it, but decided I wanted to give her the experience of opening it and setting up everything herself. When we opened the laptop on her birthday, the screen had horizontal lines intermittently showing on the screen. When I contacted Lenovo, they said it was out of the 30 Days from purchase, and they would not replace it even though I paid for the extra 1 yr. warranty. After MANY calls and conversations explaining my situation, my case got escalated where they were still ONLY willing to offer repair. I pd. $1200 - from Lenovo.com and now I basically have a refurbished laptop. 15 yr. Lenovo customer, and that's how I get treated? Thanks for nothing...

Original review: April 16, 2019

Laptop never worked properly. Customer service does everything in their power to get rid of you. You need to send multiple emails in which you need to convince them to receive warranty service. Even after sending back my laptop 2 times, it’s still not working. I regret buying this laptop and should have read all the reviews. Turns out they were true. I experience the exact same problems. I strongly advise anyone to consider buying any other brand. I can’t imagine it could be worse than Lenovo.

Lenovo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

• Best for: Lenovo computers are best for casual users, businesses, home offices and gamers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs