Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.15/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Lenovo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Purchased my third Laptop from Lenovo. I had several problems with my 2nd Ideapad Flex 15 such as a Touchpad that worked intermittently and speakers with very little volume. Lenovo replaced the TouchPad, but the problem existed. They also replaced the speakers, but it didn't help. Last attempt was to replace the Motherboard. After replacing the Motherboard the TouchPad and Speakers continued to have issues. The new Motherboard didn't allow the battery to charge as needed and according to Tech Support additional Motherboards were no longer available for this 4 month old computer so the extended warranty I purchased was useless. In order to resolve the issues I had to contact the Better Business Bureau.

Lenovo offered to refund my money or provide me another like computer. They offered me a ThinkPad P15v which is a cheaper version of the ThinkPad 15P. I chose this computer because it had a little faster processor but I had to give up my Flex capabilities as well as my touch screen. Although I'm somewhat satisfied with my new Laptop, I believe Lenovo has ongoing issues with Speakers and TouchPads on all their models. Also, my $1K IdeaPad Flex 15 had a Battery that would last every bit of 7-8 hours without having to charge. My new $3K ThinkPad P15v battery lasts approximately 4 hours until it needs to be charged. I always thought the more expensive computer was the better option, but in the case of Lenovo Laptops this doesn't hold true.

Original review: June 17, 2020

The Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 is a nice product but the battery is inadequate to serve off plug for more than a couple of hours w/o needing add'l charging. You have to purchase the more expensive YOGA to get a solid battery. Only other concern - I have the 3 year onsite warranty. They were to "send someone to assess why the camera is not functioning". They never did. Then the came covid and the laptop stopped booting so now it is all on me to get them the laptop and wait.... Concerned I'll be w/o it for quite sometime. We will see. I love my Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: June 17, 2020

The PC I received originally was a gift for Christmas, however it wasn't working properly so I had to ship it back to my sister who had to pursue getting another one sent out via Staples. Luckily the second one I received was working appropriately however after having it for 4 months the charging cord broke and had to be replaced, luckily thru Lenovo warranty instead of Staples. If I had to go back to Staples I would have simply purchased a new charging cord, as Staples was not very easy to work with.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I have a Lenovo t450s and have had it since 2014 - it has been great - gets the job done and has been very efficient. I am in the process of upgrading it now, mainly because I do lots of photography and felt the need for a newer, more robust system was needed, but I ould highly recommend a Lenovo to anyone. I am now retired, but when I was working, the laptop provide at work was also Lenovo and it was great. Performs well - holds up well - easy to update and use.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I buy Lenovo because I was an IBM person. Their construction of laptops were far superior of the others & mine lasted so long & had built in PC Doctor for trouble-shooting & I love the touch-point verses a touch pad. So, I bought a Lenovo (Hoping it would be as good as the IBM's were). My current model is too heavy & has a poorly laid out keyboard & no light on the capslock button-which is in a very bad location. FYI - I purchased online & had clicked "pick-up" to make my final decision of purchase - Unfortunately, they messed up & shipped it to me. Since Dell got almost every contract from IBM when they sold to Lenovo - My next one will be either Dell or Lenovo. Must have the touch point - then price will be the deciding factor after that.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I bought a Lenovo Ideapad C940. It has a great aesthetic, amazing screen display, and is easy to use. But I had constant wifi drops and realized that this is a common problem with Lenovo products. I sent it in to repair. For one month I didn't hear back and reached out to Lenovo customer support. They assured me everything was fine and apologized for the delay. The repair status would update only after I contacted support.

A month and a half without a computer, my case was escalated to Customer Relations after incessant contact on my end. I was then informed that my device was actually lost and not in progress as my repair status reported. In summation, I was given a defective product, it was in repair for a long time, and the company ended up losing my new expensive computer. I would not recommend any Lenovo products in case they need repair and then you'll never see your product again. I asked for my money back and they said they'll have to get back to me so it might take months just to get a refund, if I even get one.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I purchased this computer last February and right away it began to shut itself off - power issues. I mistakenly did not return it immediately. In April I notified Lenovo - in May they tried to repair it remotely. It didn't work. I notified them. In early July they had me send the computer to their factory where they attempted to repair it there. I was without a computer for a month and when it was returned it was bent and scratched. And it wasn't fixed. It was still shutting itself off - twice in July and three times in August.

Lenovo then wanted to send somebody to my house to try once again to fix it here. I said No. I am not having somebody come to my house during Covid to fix a computer that is obviously a defective machine. I have asked for either a refund or a replacement and they are stalling. They said they would have a "Senior Manager" call me within 48 hours. That was 10 days ago. I have now waited on Hold two different times for over an hour with no answer. Do not ever buy a product from this company.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

It's a shame on Lenovo to not providing customers with accurate information. I brought a Lenovo laptop and I clearly asked if it comes with Microsoft Office.

Yes sir it does, just open applications and activate in your Microsoft account. Good no problem.. 1 year later Microsoft informed me that my Microsoft 365 is expired.. Really, Why, Microsoft being Microsoft with poor customer service keep going in circles without an answer that makes sense. Keep blaming Lenovo...

So lets talk to Lenovo... no such thing, customers service at Microsoft level so no wonder why they work together.. So Microsoft wants me to pay 30 US a month to use Microsoft Office as a private person... ridiculous!! Lenovo is unreachable.. ridiculous!! Lenovo never providing accurate information and simply lies to customers and get away with it... Never again Lenovo!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

My Thinkpad Gen 7 was about 20 months old when the A/C plug sparked, smoldered and smoked. My CPU would not charge for a day. I paid for an extra warranty coverage as this is my primary work CPU for my small business. The process of reporting the issue was dysfunctional. I shipped my laptop and it was received 9 days ago. Nobody can give me a status update. My rep stopped replying to my emails. I called CS and an 83 year old man (nice guy) helped me out but I had to repeat myself 3x for him and nobody understands my concern!!! Super pissed. Never buying Lenovo again.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Fraud: wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain. After initially ordering an Xbox directly from Microsoft, a product advertised as being shipped in 2-3 days on the sale page, only to find out after the order that it would be 45 days until it shipped... I went looking for an alternative. Lenovo showed the Xbox "in stock" on their website, so I called and spoke with a REAL HUMAN in the sales department, who reassured me that it was an 'in stock product that would ship normally". I immediately canceled my order with MS and ordered from Lenovo. I was given a delivery date of 9/9/20... That's today.

After a few days of the product not being processed, I contacted customer service, who reassured me that the product would ship on time. I was told that approx a week later as well (just checking in, is this still the case etc). On the 1st of September, the projected ship date, I got nothing. No update of any kind!

On the 2nd I received an email saying that my order could be delayed 30 days! THAT IS NOT SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS TO A PRODUCT SOLD AS "IN STOCK".

When I contacted customer service on the 2nd, I was told to ignore the email. That it was an "automated email sent out in error". I was then told that my device HAD actually shipped the day before, and they were just waiting on a tracking number(something that I recontacted customer service about to make sure that it was accurate). No tracking number came. On the 3rd I was told that I had been mislead, and that my product was in fact not shipped, and would not ship, and that they QUOTE "are expecting an update by September 9 2020." No update is happening, and now they're telling me that they can't actually tell me when I'll even receive an update! AGAIN, THIS IS NOT SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS TO AN "IN STOCK" PRODUCT.

My product doesn't exist. Not a single person knows when it will ship, because it doesn't exist. The product is now "out of stock", so there's no way I'm being told the truth. I was lied to before I ordered the Xbox. I was lied to repeatedly about the ship date being on track. I was lied to about it having been shipped on the 1st. I was lied to about there being an update today 9/9. My product doesn't exist, and might have never existed. I was literally told by the sales staff on the phone, that it was an "in stock product that would ship normally". It wasn't. Fraud. Pure Fraud.

Lenovo author review by ConsumerAffairs

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team