3.8/5 (1266 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About Lenovo

Lenovo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

I could not more strongly caution against getting involved with Lenovo in any way. I ordered a laptop from them in November 2021 and I am still contacting them monthly to solve the problems that have been caused by this experience. In February 2022 the power button stopped working. I had bought the warranty that would have someone fix it on site. The technician was unbelievably rude and hours late to the appointment. He had the wrong part for the computer yet for some reason still used the part he had to replace a part that wasn’t actually broken. This broke even more parts of the computer.

The saga of technicians coming with wrong parts and trying to fix the computer and fixing some parts and breaking others continued for weeks. By March, after I had already logged 20 hours of time spent with technicians in person and on the phone I had enough and requested a new computer as the original was never going to work right. I also requested a refund for the on site technician warranty as that proved useless and in fact more harmful to the repair process. It two a few more calls and hours to get this request processed and by mid-April I had a new working computer. The replacement computer is average at best. And it is now January and 2023 and despite repeated calls to ask about the refund on the warranty I have never received it.

Their customer care team is so rude, they have yelled at me on the phone when I expressed that the computer was still broken after they tried to fix it, they have cut me off, talked down to me and passed me between operators for hours. They are egotistical and incapable of solving the problems with their machines. I have never been more unhappy with an experience or felt that my time had been wasted so much as I did in dealing with Lenovo. Terrible customer service, terrible technicians, terrible products.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

What happened to this company? I selected them for hardware for a medical clinic a year ago. I had a good experience at that time. However, I recently purchased 18 computers for my advisory business (first part of a $200K device order). I literally cannot find a person on the sales support team that speaks English fluently enough to understand the question. We ordered onsite installation for $135. There are brochures about the service and no one can tell me how to schedule it. Tech support says it does not exist. Sales says call tech support to schedule it. No one on the calls will escalate to their manager. But the one time someone did, I waited literally an hour and half for a new person.. But that person stated he could not help me, put me on hold, then hung up on me.

It would make me mad if this were not for my business. Instead, it just makes me sad that I have selected a company that has allowed their service to go SO much downhill that it is not even accessible. These are people's companies that Lenovo is putting at risk. If I spend $25K of my own money on computers, I should be able to have someone answer a really simple question and I have not found anyone. It is very sad to see this company go from good service to bottom of the barrel so fast. What happened? I am serious? What happened to make things so bad in such a short period of time? Something that makes Lenovo feel okay putting businesses across America on calls with people that literally do not even understand the question - much less answer it.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

-Been in contact with them both online and phone to customer service regarding returns - All interactions were either disconnected or told it was processed then never received the email with mailing labels. When I go into the return process with my orders it tells me to contact customer service! Between all communication, I have spent OVER 5 hours without a resolution - I'm enraged. They NEED to improve Customer Service with Well trained customer service, they should ask the client for a return phone number if they get disconnected, which I was 4 of 5 times. ALL of the communication with customer service - both via online chat and live on the phone. On two calls I couldn't hear the rep and with a language barrier, it made it almost impossible to hear.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I ordered a laptop two weeks ago. I have never had such a bad customer service experience. They couldn't ship the laptop to my place. I contacted their customer service 5 times asking to get my laptop ship. Every single time, I have been told that my laptop was being shipped in high priority. I have been put on hold every single time for over 30 minutes. After now two weeks, I am still waiting for my laptop to arrive. I do not recommend at all. This company does not provide their employees the necessary resources to do their job properly.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Lenovo serial #*** - motherboard DEFECTIVE and renders the laptop inoperable after less than 2 years. Although out of warranty, this is completely unacceptable (and I have owned numerous laptops over many years). The brains of the computer should last longer than this when there has been minimal, gentle usage of the machine. I was happy to pay a portion of the motherboard part, but very unhappy they will not stand behind what is obviously a defective part. Without response, this will be the last Lenovo product I will own.

Completely and totally unhappy with there being no recompense when my computer store tells me that Lenovo products are normally very good, and this is an isolated incident. If it's a lemon, they should fix it (or send the part to my professional computer techs, so they can fix it for me, as they are the actual Lenovo customer, through the distribution centre, and my trusted technicians). At this point, I wouldn't send the laptop in to Lenovo techs, as my trust is non-existent with this company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

I purchased Lenovo Yoga 6 laptop 6 months back. I had one minor dot issue on the display and as per the warranty terms I have asked for a display change service from Lenovo. The authorized person came to visit and replaced the display with an alternate part. The minor dot issue is resolved but the entire screen quality is compromised. The display appears dull and darker, the brightness quality reduced terribly and now Lenovo is not responding to the issue they have created. To provide faster service they will provide the bad-quality product. Never purchase any product from Lenovo. Will give ZERO for service and negligible attitude for changing low-grade products.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

A word of warning to save other people from buying this product Lenovo please don't buy their brand, your money will go down the drain within the first year of purchasing the item. Most people who bought Lenovo have issues with the hinges breaking from day dot absolutely appalling and an pathetic rip-off. Their call centre will do everything in its power to get you off the phone as quickly as possible. And avoid sending your laptop in for repairs/service.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Please beware of buying their warranty. I bought their warranty on my Legion computer for onsite service. The phone technical support is a joke. They blame it on software. When you escalate it, they would call you when you are driving and quick to close it without resolution. This happened not once but every time I tried to reach them. It's been two years and my service is still active but they haven't resolved a problem even once after at least three attempts for help.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

I placed an online order with Lenovo with the discount code in mid Nov. At that time, the product is available and the order receipt stated that I'll receive the product from Lenovo around one week later from my order date. However, Lenovo still has not shipped the product to me yet. The reason they gave is "Out of stock" and I will have to wait indefinitely until the product is available. I have talked to their Customer Service and Sales team back and forth and they rejected to give me a price match on a comparable product name with the same original price (before discount) as my existing order. They do not know when the existing product is available. That's mean I will have to wait indefinitely until the product is available or I have to cancel my order (that I got with good discount code) and no longer allow to apply the same discount again if I place a new order. It is ridiculous that they are trying to reject my sales order with good discount.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

I ordered online 3 Lenovo Chromebook for Christmas and a few other things, all came but 2 Chromebook was not delivered, now they are saying they are not available, nor will be available in future. Not ethic to do business like that...! Shame Lenovo, will never purchase from them anything any longer from now on.

Lenovo author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

Lenovo Company Information