2.05/5
Based on 172 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

944 Lenovo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

I have just been told that my 5 year old laptop that works perfectly well is obsolete because they can't fix the cheap hinges they used to build it. I have seen that this is a common problem. A £900 laptop going in the bin as they built the laptop with an inferior casing. What a waste and another addition to the plastic mountain. I will never buy from that company again and I'd advise anyone looking for a laptop to look elsewhere.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I purchased a 720S-13ARR directly from Lenovo. Build quality is good. I purchased this because I like the style (slim and light) and the price was very good compared to others I looked at. The laptop is reasonably fast and I had no problem connecting it with Bluetooth devices and a TV with a separately purchased USB-C to HDMI dongle. Battery seemed to last a decent amount of time and for the limited time I used it there were few issues. Except some major ones. There are video glitches that could not be overcome. There were bios and driver problems. Apparently the bios was not compatible with certain version updates of windows. These issues have been documented online and in Lenovo's forums.

After numerous attempts to correct these issues by myself (no luck) I called tech support. After describing the issue the tech took control and tried to update the bios. After this failed he issued a ticket and I returned the laptop. This was on June 12th. Lenovo states they have a 9 day turnaround time. They received the laptop on June 20th. Since that time they have not communicated the delays. Only when I make an inquire will I get a canned response requesting my patience.

I spoke numerous with Lenovo and they have indicated they would escalate the matter and someone would communicate with me. They did not. On July 12th I spoke with someone who again said they would escalate the matter. I indicated they had already done then. Their response was "my notes don't show that." I asked for a supervisor and after a few times on hold was told none was available that someone would contact me within 3 days. I am not confident that they will. And by the way I paid for the extra warranty...

I post this here because I found no avenue to post this anywhere at Lenovo. Similar complaints have not been addressed on their forum but simply ignored. I also post this so someone else does not have to go through this. Bottom line is... I bought a laptop and warranty from Lenovo that did not and has not worked as advertised. Their customer service is terrible. There is no way I could have any confidence in this product even if they return it. I am sorry Lenovo. I will look elsewhere.

Lenovo 944 Reviews (with Ratings) | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 10, 2018

Lenovo charged me twice for my order. They did not apologize, explained that they have the authority to do this as it is their policy (I unsuccessfully tried to explain to several Indians that it is an illegal policy in the US.) I tried to resolve it with their online chat, but they weren't helpful then started harassing me after apparently releasing my answers to a satisfaction survey along with my personal email to the agent. I'm honestly kind of grateful that I can sever my relationship with Lenovo with only a week-long headache. I cannot imagine how terrible their customer service is when you've already purchased their machine. I will never even consider using a Lenovo ever again. No computer could ever be good enough to make up for such atrocious customer service.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Very bad dealing with customers. My laptop having a complaint. A daily working of 12-14 hours is there with my laptop. I bought this only before 7 months. It's body got damaged near one of its hinges and also a budging above the battery. From last two weeks it is with the service centre. They are now also informing that the approval from Lenovo company still not obtained and they can do nothing unless they gets any approval. From 26th of June to till date I can't able to clear the complaint from service centre. Very very poor dealing from company and very low quality laptops.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Lenovo 21"all in one PC - Purchased to replace old HP desktop. Very sharp picture quality, easy to setup since it talks to you & guides you through setup. Easy to install needed apps. Very good price. Would definitely recommend!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: July 4, 2018

We purchased the Yoga Book in 2017. In less than a year it was time to purchase a new EMR pen in which they discontinued already causing a new purchase of computer so that my daughter could continue her digital art. NONE of their customer service is available to assist. This is a brand new product with no plans to assist their customer base or repairs. Do not purchase this product, find another company to do your business with as the only thing they are businessing on is your pocketbook.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I'm writing this review after a recent experience with Lenovo's repair team. A few weeks ago, I spilled (accidentally) some tea on my laptop (Thinkpad). Although the computer was working fine, the keyboard had gotten sticky and that made it difficult for me to type. After calling and arranging a repair, I sent my laptop to the Repair Depot on Friday afternoon and got it back with a completely new keep board - three days later - on Monday. Get that warranty, ya'll! Thank you Lenovo for your professionalism and quick service!

Original review: June 30, 2018

I purchased a Lenovo Think Pad. Just after the warranty expired I sent the computer to the company for repairs. It took over 2 months to get the computer back. Now less than 1 year later, the "new" battery that they installed will not hold a charge. The repairs are only warrantied for 90 days. Seems like a new battery should last at least a year and that the company should replace it. Spoke to a manager and although he was sympathetic there was nothing he could (would) do. Never buying a Lenovo product again.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I attempted a simple return of a part. Phone calls didn't work. Live chat didn't work. Twitter worked... sort of. Took 4 hours on Twitter to get a case number. Now I have to wait several days for an email with instructions. Will NEVER buy from Lenovo again. Ever.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I thought dealing with cable companies were bad, these people must have taught them. Between 2 phone calls I spent 5 hours on the phone. Even though they all speak very broken English they make sure you know that you’re talking to Atlanta Georgia. When you ask for a supervisor you get put on hold for 20 minutes. I timed it each time after 10 minutes they come back and try to talk you out of talking to a supervisor. As it turns out I believe they're just trying to get you to hang up.

Original review: June 26, 2018

After several technical problems and a new hard drive, Lenovo is demanding I repurchase operating system although I already purchased and paid for it when I purchased the laptop. Stay away from this company... They are a rip off and very poor quality. You will lose your mind dealing with their customer service dept on all levels.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I reached out to Lenovo on Facebook when the tablet (Tab 10) I had gotten for my previous birthday (14 months ago) suddenly quit connecting to Wifi. After a long and arduous "conversation" with many a customer service agent (they even had me download a program that I ended up not needing to download), one finally told me that the wireless card appeared to be out. That information could have been gleaned from our first conversation. They then told me they would not fix it, that I should have purchased an extended warranty. Why are their products breaking randomly after just over a year? Why did I receive poor, unknowledgeable customer service?

Original review: June 25, 2018

I will NEVER buy another Lenovo computer. I bought 2 Lenovo computers from Costco several years ago. One is a G500S touch and the other is an S415 touch. The S415 is difficult to use because the smaller screen does not show all of the website page no matter what settings you use. The G500S performs well but the case is total junk. The lid/screen cracked just from opening and closing and the back cover is literally falling apart. I have never handled the computer roughly. The material in the case is just too flimsy to hold up.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Less than 2 month my new Lenovo laptop have vital failures. They had me ship it to their service center on my coast, it was the HDD running at a %100 usage while no foreground app running. Then got it back 10 days later with the same problems. After new HDD and a fresh installation of windows and the same problem. Now I got to ship it back again for another 10 days. I need my computer. I can’t just be without it. I even told the customer service rep I will be giving them a bad review on social media With NO appeasements from them what so ever. It’s like they don’t even care, all she said OK. What kind of technicians don’t check their work to see if the problem is fixed??? Really not impressed.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I received my Lenovo (IdeaPad 110) for Christmas in 2016. It appears to be a very good laptop; but I don't get to use it much due to my work schedule. The one thing that has made me want to throw it in the garbage is the keyboard. The Right Shift key is out of place for typing something consistently. The UP arrow key is where the Right Shift key should be. I am sending this review from my old (received for Christmas in 2009 Acer Aspire 5532, which I might add has been and still is a wonderful laptop.) If I worked from home, I would not be able to use the Lenovo because of the misplacement of the shift key. I don't know if my Lenovo is just a freak or if all Lenovos have this same weird feature.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I feel Lenovo is still the best laptop computer for the money and still the best kept secret when it comes to mobile computing needs. And I will still take an 8-year old Lenovo laptop over any other brand's new laptop any day!

Original review: June 12, 2018

If I could give them zero stars, I definitely would. I have a Yoga 910 after few months I needed to send it for repair for the first time. The second problem showed up after about a year. The battery stopped charging out of blue and when I called them, I was told the motherboard has a problem and they will send somebody to fix it and replace the battery and the motherboard! After waiting for about a week, Lenovo technician came to my place and screwed up the whole laptop! None of the ports were working, the sound card could not work, the screen was flickering and when I shut it down, I could not even turn it on again because the power board was not working either!!!

I had to call Lenovo every day two times a day to ask even beg for another technician for a week until another one came and after 10 minutes working on a new motherboard, he brought with himself, I was told that the motherboard that Lenovo has newly sent is defective and he cannot do anything about it. It's been about 2 weeks I'm calling them every day and ask for a technician and every time I has been told that the technician will call me in a few hours!!! Every single time! It's been a month now!! At first, I had a problem with the battery only but I still could use my laptop but now I cannot even turn it on!!! Their customer service and quality of their products are awful!!!

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have NEVER had a laptop like this in my life! I have had HP's, Dell's, Toshibas' etc. and this is unbelievable. It's hard to describe what it does, but I will try. If I go to a site, it knocks it off, if I try & uninstall the touchpad, it's still on, I didn't want a PW to get on my laptop, it makes me, I cannot go to any websites without shutting down all others. I got this laptop Ideapad last Nov. 2017 but didn't use it right away. All I do is try & fix it, so I have no time to actually be on my computer. What a piece of junk.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I bought a Lenovo Flex 4 laptop 10 months ago from Best Buy, and it has been running so slow and freezing since the day I bought it. I tried to format it and it still had the same issue. Then I sent it to Lenovo repair services, it hasn't been fixed properly plus the mouse does not work properly right now. I called the customer services and they did not help me at all. Never planning to purchase from Lenovo again. Couldn't be more disappointed!

Original review: June 3, 2018

I have used this brand of computer and tablet over the past two years and have been satisfied with the operation of both items. I do think they become outdated quicker than they should which makes it necessary to replace or update at an additional cost.

Original review: June 2, 2018 The Lenovo is junk. The graphics card started making a loud popping sound about 6 months after purchase and it has some kind of internal CPU problem according to my scans. When I called customer service they asked to run their own scan and then told me I was full of malware and needed to give them $200 to fix it. I knew it was a scam and told them so. I ran my own scan and came up with no malware. I then downloaded Avast and did another scan again no malware.

Don't waste your time with this Lenovo junk.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have had this Lenovo laptop for about 5 years and it has given me no trouble at all. It has been highly reliable and I would definitely buy it again without hesitation.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I continually buy Lenovo because of sturdiness and reliability. I have used most brands in the past and have opted for Lenovo. I can understand support individuals when calling for help. I also prefer clunky solid computers where other companies strive to make their computers thinner and lighter.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have to give Lenovo an all five star rating because I have had zero problems with it. It was originally stocked with Windows 8 and upgraded free and easily to Windows 10, then with automatic updates.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Please don't buy Lenovo. They run away from Portugal, and let phone numbers and local address for consumers in the Portuguese website, when people go there or contact them, they are no longer there, they are now in Spain in Barcelona. I bought a G50 30 and it stopped working and does not power on only after 2 years and they wanted to charge me in 110 euros for fixing it. I did not accept. Do not buy Lenovo, you are being cheated and they will never accept warranty so ever.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have had this Lenovo Chromebook for 2 years. Dropped it once on carpet and had no problems. Great for mail, Facebook, newspapers, and research. Have flash drives for large files if needed. Works great for my needs and the price was good.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Lenovo is the WORST! I have a Lenovo YOGA that I bought at Best Buy less than 2 years ago and I just sent it for its 3rd repair. It is always the same problem: the computer will not turn on and they changed the motherboard 3 times... Every time I send it I am left without a laptop for at least 2 weeks... I asked the support personnel if they can replace it for another that will not die on me but they have established answer and they do not care about the client satisfaction. Do not waste your time and money on Lenovo. Piece of ** computers!!!

Original review: May 19, 2018

Lenovo was pretty good. It's good for school work. The games were behind. Times my wife loved it. She was so happy when I brought home to her. She had never had one like this one.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have now been without a laptop for 39 days due to Lenovo's poor repair services. I recommend choosing other companies that will provide fair and efficient service for their devices. My Yoga 910 was shipped to their repair facility in Louisville, KY but my power problem was not fixed such that the device still could not turn on. It has now been back at the repair facility for 9 days for an "expedited" repair, but I have little hope of receiving it back repaired, much less in a timely fashion. As a small business owner, I recommend that you save yourself from losing money because of a Lenovo product like I have. Choose another company.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My girlfriend was trying to buy me a Lenovo Yoga as a gift. But the next day she got an email from Lenovo saying that my credit card was declined for whatever security reason of the system. Confused, we looked at the credit card statement and saw that they charged her five times for the same product, even though she only ordered one. I contacted customer service and they were very unhelpful. They did not reverse the charges, and after the call she checked my credit card again and saw two more charges.

So now there were 7 charges for something she did not order and the credit limit was completely maxed, making her unable to use the card anymore. She would have had plenty of money if they only put one charge. It took many hours on the phone to get the issue resolved and we were constantly getting transferred to different departments, and the whole experience was very frustrating. It was not worth the hassle trying to buy a Lenovo.

Lenovo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

• Best for: Lenovo computers are best for casual users, businesses, home offices and gamers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs