Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.01/5

Lenovo Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2020

My five month old Lenovo S145 Ideapad failed to boot up. Warranty support "booked" return calls and never called as promised. From online forums I got error codes indicating it didn't detect the hard drive. After many calls over several days, I sent it to the manufacture for repair, got it back with documentation indicating they replaced the hard drive and reloaded the OS. Out of the box it boots but now the wireless doesn't work and it doesn't detect a wireless adapter. I started the process over, booking return calls from hardware support and they again haven't returned them despite promises to return calls within 24 hours.

Original review: May 25, 2020

Do not buy from Lenovo!! Zero customer service!! I ordered a computer and missed adding the $100 off coupon, tried to apply it after the fact only to be told to cancel my order and try again. I cancelled on the advice of the cs team. While trying to re-order I was informed that the $100 off coupon was a lie and was actually 5% off and was already applied to the order I cancelled and there was no need for me to cancel. Now it's been 96 hours and still no refund from the cancelled order. They said 24-48 hours and it's been 96 hours....Still waiting for my refund and I will not be buying anything from these **.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2020

What's good:

1. Touchscreen - good sensitivity to touch, crisp and easy to look at, good colors, deep blacks.
      2. Sound - excellent! It's immersive, does not sound like a typical computer.
      3. Keyboard - It's good, but having the number pad, means that the keyboard is not in centered and this takes some getting used to - you are not looking at the screen straight on. Evaluate if you really need the keypad.
      4. Ergonomics, are good that is why they call it the Yoga. Thicker and heavier than the 14" screen, so it is harder to hold, the extra weight is a big burden.
      5. Solid feel, no plastic bits.

6. Fast - No problems handling the simple applications I have. I don't game so I cannot comment on its true capabilities.

What's bad:

1. Battery life - Not near as long as advertised, usually runs out in 6 hours.
      2. Pen - I love pens but not this one. Too small to hold, buttons hard to find and push. Will not last all day without being garaged. The pen for my Surface Pro is much better.
      3. Portability - You feel this laptop on your back when you tote it around in your backpack.

4. Warranties and Tech support - Worst I have ever experienced!!! And I recommend you stay away from this product. Bought premium warranty with next-day on-site service to find that Lenovo did not have the parts to fix my computer. No parts for almost 2 months. Left Stranded with no followup for weeks. Lenovo has refused to take this computer back in-spite of the fact it has only worked for 4 weeks from date of purchase. Front line people appear not to be empowered to make meaningful decisions and will prevent you from reaching decision-makers. In my case it is clear that Lenovo has not stood behind their product, nor their commitments to their premium warranty I purchased for an additional charge.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I bought a laptop directly from Lenovo in 2018. In 2019 I started having battery issues but magically it's was just out of their warranty period. So I eventually figured it out myself and bought another. One year later I am having issues with booting, and still Lenovo won't help due to warranty having expired. I'm frankly frustrated with this complete disregard for customer service. I paid $1,700 for this laptop and it seems like it's lasting for 2 years only. I will definitely not be buying another Lenovo.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I bought a Lenovo All-in-One computer in October 2019, the sound was damaged in May 2020; Since I had paid a "Premium Care Onsite Support" guarantee, call for service at home. It turned out that they do not have the service at home, they wrote that they would send what was necessary so that the computer could be sent to fix them. That they paid the expenses. Now it turns out that I must pay the shipping because they do not pay. I think that the computer is crap and the guarantee is a robbery-deception.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: May 7, 2020

Lenovo Ideapad 330. One of the worst laptop and worst customer service from Lenovo team. My new Lenovo Laptop works slower than my 14 year old Dell laptop. Alex ** Head of Customer Relations has never bothered to respond to a single email, even after I have emailed him several times. So please think twice before buying Lenovo Product. As Customer Service is very poor and as usual they will tell you that Laptop is working fine, there are no issues.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I had a laptop ordered on my card and contacted them immediately. Chatted with a representative who said the order would not ship but within 25 mins I got a UPS tracking number. I attempted to cancel the order and they denied the cancelation even though I notified them it was a fraudulent order. The next day I spent 90 mins on the phone and chat attempting to get the order stopped before shipment which was successful and asked when the hold would be taken off my card to get my money back. They said next business day which was a lie. 3 business days later order was canceled they assured me and today the charge on my card was taken out and they told me today I'd have to wait 7 to 10 business days for a refund. DON'T SUPPORT THEM. THEY HOLD YOUR MONEY.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Hello, With lots of disappointment and bitterness, I would like to inform you that I had the worst experience in my life with Lenovo Canada laptops! I received 2 laptops (ThinkPad X1 Extreme 2nd gen.) in a row (the second as a replacement) that apparently suffered manufacturer's defects, and it seems likely that they were refurbished. I am sorry to say it, but I lost trust in Lenovo.

Once I started to use the first laptop I got, the battery died immediately as you disconnect the device from the charger! For the replacement laptop, initially (within 7 days), the mic was NOT functional, and Lenovo tech support could NOT help (said it is a hardware issue)! Then, the laptop died suddenly (Windows could NOT reboot and tech support failed to help & advised to return it, probably due to a mother board defect) after about 10 days of light use (as I was transitioning from my Mac), and I had to pay $100 to retrieve my data from on the hard drive (I didn't even have the time to make backups; it died suddenly!). I would like to get a refund, especially that I went through a tremendously unpleasant experience given that I am an academic Faculty, and I had to cancel and reschedule classes because of that. For your information also, the Lenovo laptops I received caused serious damage to my work. Thank you. Stay safe!

Original review: April 24, 2020

I have the Lenovo 720. Three months after I bought it the touch screen stopped working. I attempted to get assistance with the company and they gave me the runaround. Either it was not the right department or the wrong person. This continued until I was no longer under warranty and now I have to either pay someone more than this computer is worth to fix it or carry on with a folding oversized flip phone from the 90s. When I spoke with customer care recently she continued to repeat that they would not fix my computer or even look at it, for free. We had not at either of those points discussed anything about payment. I had not even finished sharing the issue.

There are over 1,000 + complaints in multiple sites about this computer with the results being the same; no one assists you and the issue continues unchecked. Worse, this is even with newer purchases of the exact same device as mine, older and newer versions. So it is clearly a known issue that they are not correcting intentionally. They've gotten your money, why would they care.

Go with Apple. It is more expensive but they actually assist their customers. Even better, they do not sell defective products to their consumers and they fly swat them when they have an issue. Do not purchase this product or anything from Lenovo as a whole. They do not care about you and they have proven that they do not have pride in their products. Otherwise why would they still be selling them with no intentions of correcting the issue?

Original review: April 19, 2020

I have a Lenovo ThinkBook 14s. I have had it for about 4 months. Generally it has been a great laptop. However, I have recently developed an issue with my webcam. Being as we are in the middle of social distancing it's how I stay in touch with many people. I did the typical, googling, restarting, resetting, etc., nothing was working. I called tech support and the person on the other end was mumbling and impossible to understand. Sounded like I just woke her up from a nap. She literally made zero effort to try and remotely diagnose any issue. She immediatly tried to have my laptop sent to them. They didn't offer any alternatives.

When I called her out on the fact that she didn't do anything she said that, "I tried everything and there was no point." When I asked if there was any place close to me that I could drop it off she made it seem like I was inconviencing her to look it up. I did not feel like a valued customer at all. I tried to find a place to contact lenovo directly about the tech support and was unable to find a place/person/department to contact. Hence why this unhappy review is here. If tech support is high up on your list, I would not recommend lenovo.

Lenovo author review by ConsumerAffairs

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team