1.39/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1032 Lenovo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

After 14 months when I booted up and signed on the screen would flash on and off. Took back to Best Buy (Worst Buy!) and they told me the Explorer.exe file was corrupt and wanted $150 to repair. Seriously?!? I attached an external DVD and did a windows repair using the disc that came with my desktop. Everything went well except in devices there are two PCI simple communication device errors. Followed Lenovo instructions which did not repair the issue. However though everything seems to be working so I guess whatever that device is is not terribly important. But anyway I'd beware of Lenovo. This is not a reputable business, nor is Best Buy apparently.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I brought a IdeaPad 330s (15) online on the 30th January and after a FEW weeks, I received my IdeaPad 330s but guess what. It is not a (15) but a (14) with much lower performance than what I originally ordered. I went for a complaint at the customer service and we agree for an exchange of product. A few days later, the EXP send my original order here and have done with the exchange stuff. I have checked and yes it was the right product.

I was pretty excited and had my laptop unboxed and switch it on. Guess what, a blue box appeared and said missing bootable device. I had e-mailed a complaint report to the customer service and no respond till now. So I called for the technical support and they will send some technician here after a FEW WEEKS. REALLY!? You have my order mess up and I forgave you but upon I got the right device, it was broken and I have to wait for a whole FEW WEEKS just to get my device fix. Unbelievable irresponsible. Never ever going to buy Lenovo's product again. It will only waste your time and paid extra for the mistakes they done. Better I buy other HP or Dell.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Bought this tablet in 2018. Strictly wanted to use it for my guitar lessons on Yousician. A guitar learning app! Never worked right!!! Picture always jumping! Called tech support, they told me for 50.00 they would do the needed upgrade!! Upgrade for what!! Needless to say after I burn this piece of crap I will promise myself never, ever will I buy anything with the Lenovo name on it!! Don't know about everybody else, but I work way too hard to be pissing my money off on crap like this!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I purchase Lenovo IdeaPad 330S on 26 January 2019 but after 6 days the laptop stopped working showing that boot device not found. The boot device is missing. I approach to the customer service executive that they are unable to help me out. They are unable to answer my call and when I visited to service centre they taken my laptop and since last 3 days they are not giving me any satisfied reply. This is a worst product offered by Lenovo. I suggest you everyone don't buy any Lenovo laptop - don't waste your money. I wasted my 60000 rupees to purchase this laptop and after 6 days stopped working and Lenovo Customer service is very worst.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I bought a Yoga before Black Friday, 3 days after I received it the screen started flickering and then stopped working completely. I send the computer back to get fixed, after I got the laptop back the screen stopped working again within 2 weeks. I have a 1 year warranty, but they won't send me a new laptop (because they claim they don't do replacements). They told me they have escalated my case to the "highest customer service team" and they would call me back within 3 business days. It has been over two weeks and no call. Every time I call to ask why someone hasn't called they read from a script and nothing gets done. This is the first review I have ever written on any product in my life. But I will make it my mission to make sure no one buys a Lenovo Product. The worst experience with a product in my life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

What can I say? They sell products that have yet to made, with false promises of delivery dates -- delivered to the wrong address, after confirming new address twice (since I wasn't going to be home the day after Christmas). Dropped off at my neighbor's, the Carbon X1 seemed to be a nice, little machine. I think I liked it but I didn't like the customer service at all. They were irresponsible, have no follow-through, have poor English skills, do not respond to emails, questions or concerns.

They did not honor the warranty on the new product as per their contact in the sales agreement (out of the box phone support/hardware/software). They wanted to charge me and wouldn't talk to me about the configuration/setup question. I just needed some adjustments and I would have been happy, but due to their lack of response, not honoring their sales contract, selling products yet to be made, false delivery promises and wanted to charge me to ask a question that is not in their online support page and lack of answering emails or follow-up lead to a return on my last day of return.

I couldn't imagine dealing with them with an extended warranty for years. They have something seriously wrong with the organization and are running their business into the mud with this type of customer service. I felt relieved when the money was back in my account. You get more customer service out of a $6 Bluetooth speaker than you do from Lenovo with an $1800 product.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Bought Lenovo 130-15 in Dec. 2018. After about 20 days (refund policy exp'd) started giving problems. To mention few it suddenly goes out, it stalls while you are working and all you do is manually turn off and restart. When you hit cursor for any link rather than pulling subject matter it keeps on giving option box and after few trial it kicks on right link. It's still new and hope do not get more problems.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I bought a Lenovo 310s Idea Center the last day of April 2018. Just before Christmas, the computer would only beep and not boot. I tried to get customer service on the phone, but when I use the customer service numbers that I have found online and forums, they transfer me and then just go to a busy signal. After more trying, I finally got a human who gave me a ticket number and asked me to send them my receipt from staples, where I purchased it. As of today, I am still trying to receive confirmation of the receipt I sent them. I have only had failed attempts at contact. Even by email there is no reply. I bought the Lenovo computer because the reviews were good. I guess they are good as long as you don't need tech support.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I had purchased a Lenovo Yoga 520 in March 2018 after ignoring the reviews thinking that it's a mere coincidence but let me tell you it's the most pathetic piece of manufacturing that Lenovo has done so far. I have wasted 100 hours of my life in hardware changes and OS resets thanks to the dumb technical team who even resets OS for a screen replacement or a mouse touch pad issue. I have complained to the highest level because the engineer visited my place 7 times in 10 months and I have literally been harassed right from replacing screens 2 times to changing motherboard to mouse pad to almost every single thing since they decided not to replace (according to their DOA).

Now they have stopped responding to my emails and calls even for extended warranty. I will suggest from my personal experience, never and I mean never buy a LENOVO laptop. Your peaceful life will become a horror story in less than 6 months time. Better give this price to a decent brand like Dell or HP who at least respond on time. I've had enough and my 50k has gone down the drain so I suggest you save that money and invest it somewhere else.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I bought a laptop in September, touch screen, and paid a great deal. The screen started to blink. I sent it in along with a power cord. Two weeks later I get my laptop. No power cord. Filed a claim to get it back, they said they put in the request and I should wait 2-3 business days. I waited 5. Called back, surprise no request was filed. When I said to the Supervisor that I would file a complaint if I didn’t get my cord back, he says “Go right ahead”. Service order number **. Supervisor Michael operator **. Operator ** Franklyn. So now I have a $2000 dead weight on my desk! Thanks a lot Lenovo!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

The touch screen on my Lenovo yoga stopped working. I spent 3 hours with Windows customer support. They were actually quite helpful, but then we determined it was a Lenovo problem. So I contacted Lenovo customer support. Then the person I was chatting with noticed I was still under the warranty so he sent me to a different customer support page. I waited 41 min to chat with someone on that page, and then they just said "Due that this falls under software I can only recommend to update the drivers on the computer via Lenovo Vantage, you can try to use the recovery partition to set the machine back to factory by tapping F11 on boot or use designated recovery media. Please contact Lenovo Software Support at 1-855-500-1051" and then LEFT THE CHAT before I even had time to respond. The Software Support is where I started! Super unhelpful, I could not believe he left the chat immediately like that.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

All I can say is how disappointed I am. Lenovo is suppose to be a good computer. I ordered a Lenovo 700 series laptop on Cyber Monday. Two day shipping turned into two weeks. Finally got the computer in the middle of December. Worked for 3 days. Crashed with blue screen of death. Called Lenovo and they said it was defective. Sent it back and got a replacement. The replacement worked for several minutes before crashing with the blue screen of death. Called for a refund. Shipped computer back on 12/28. They sent an email saying they received it on 1/6.

Today is 1/18. Still no credit and no answer why. So basically I've wasted so much time and money trying to get a Lenovo. Never would I recommend dealing with this company. The products are very poorly made and the customer service is worse than Dell. In the meantime, I had to purchase another computer. Currently on the hook for paying for both because Lenovo is taking so long to process the return. Do not buy a Lenovo product.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

About 6 months into my Lenovo Yoga 710's warranty, the touchscreen stopped working. After contacting their customer support, they agreed to send a man to our house to repair the laptop for free. This took around 2 months. Unfortunately, he was unable to fix it, and afterwards, the screen began to pop out of its chassis. He told Lenovo about it, and about 4 months later they got back to us. They agreed to give me the Lenovo Yoga 730 15" Platinum, a value of around $1,700 currently. When I bought my 710 on Black Friday, it only cost $600. Although the customer support took a very long time to resolve the issue, I still had a decent experience with them.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was excited to purchase the computer for a Christmas gift but when it was opened the hinges were barely attached. I immediately called Lenovo and I am still waiting on the replacement. I have called 7 times and get the same BS. They read from a script and can't or won't tell you anything about the replacement. They want to call you back but they never do.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I bought a Lenovo IdeaPad 330s laptop. Its fan started making loud noise and so went to the Lenovo Technical Support Centre at Nehru Place, New Delhi, India and now the laptop crashes too. No one from the Technical Team will ever help you out. All they will do is exchange emails. I would advise you all to save your money and maybe, buy a laptop from HP or Dell, as they have been in this business for long. Lenovo laptops have lots of defects which will take time for them to resolve.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Purchased a brand new laptop that after 2 weeks developed a fault. Contacted a customer service as the laptop was under warranty. Instead of UK fix had to send via DHL. Then after waiting 3 weeks finally had a call from someone in Czech Republic who hardly spoke English and then email that they examined the laptop found damage and I need to pay 187 GBP. When I contact the customer service they asked me if I took pictures of the laptop from ALL ANGLES prior sending. Since I only took pictures of the screen, they suggested that the laptop might had been damaged in transit and this is not covered by warranty, hence I need to call Czech Republic and sort it out myself. THE WORST EXPERIENCE AND QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT EVER. Do never buy Lenovo - it's fine for as long as it works, but if there are problems you are screwed!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I sent in a Lenovo Yoga laptop in for repair. 25 days after Lenovo received it, the website states that they were waiting for a part. I called in to inquire about this, and was told that there was no way to know when it was coming in. Frustrated, I asked multiple times whether there was any way to find out how long it would take. The rep kept insisting that he could accurately tell me when, but then let stating that it has to go through multiple places to find parts and that it might take 2-3 days or it could take much longer. The rep was outright rude and cut me off. When I cut him off after rambling about the same things over and over, he gave me a “warning”. Good riddance to someone who cannot even provide me with any answers and who has no more knowledge than the website itself provides. I will take my business elsewhere on my next laptop purchase.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Ordered a Logitech wireless keyboard on 12/3 as a Christmas present. Contacted me on 12/12 saying it's back ordered and will notify when it ships. Received email 1/4 asking how I like my product. Hmmm never received anything. Contact customer support and they say, "Sorry. It's still back ordered but we will push through and ask sales to expedite." So how do they respond? Email 1/7, "Your order is cancelled." They hold for over 30 days and try to submit payment and beyond the time limit so it won't go through and naturally they don't have the item any longer so you can't reorder. False advertisement. Bad business ethics. Poor customer service. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I bought a Lenovo IdeaPad 330 from WalMart a few months ago. The screen suddenly went blank. When I tried logging on to Lenovo's Warranty site, the Lenovo domain is listed for sale. When I called their customer service number they told me it would cost $199 to fix it! It’s still under warranty! I wish I had done more research and found this site before I purchase this junk from a scam company!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I purchased the Lenovo 330s in October 2018, and during a bios update in December 2018 the unit display went blank and to date, has not turned back on. I can hear the unit running, but I have no display. Lenovo's answer to this problem is to repair my unit. However, I believe the unit should be replaced entirely. At any event, I have no plans on purchasing another computer from Lenovo. I will say that I originally purchased this unit as a second laptop, as I use my Macbook Pro as my primary unit (Thank goodness). However, there are times when I prefer a Windows platform and simply needed an inexpensive laptop to write papers. This has been a disappointing experiencing and I have lost confidence in Lenovo as an organization.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

My computer won’t be a year old until January 18th and it stopped charging about 4 mo the ago. Had someone look at the charger and tested and it is fine was told that it is probably the charging port on the computer. Got a hold of Lenovo and they say that they can’t fix until I send a copy of the receipt through email, have tried that several different times and their server won’t accept the email. How can you email something to them if the server won’t accept it. I am very dissatisfied with them, I would not recommend a Lenovo product to anyone, all they do is rip people off. I really don’t even give them a 1 star rating but you have to rate something on them I really think they should be rated at a zero star rating.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Lenovo laptops are so bad. I have TP E580. Worst laptop ever. Terrible cooling. Never buy laptops from this company. Every BIOS update has made it worst. Fan noise is horrible. Fan run even on light browsing.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Just received an X1 Lenovo Thinkpad, which cost over $1,600. It arrived with a major scratch on the screen. It is perplexing that any basic quality control would not see have caught this problem. Now I need to go through the whole process of getting it fixed.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Let me begin by saying I will never buy anything from Lenovo ever again. The only reason I bother to write this review is so that Lenovo can hopefully address some of the many problems within the company, which might help other customers avoid the same ordeal that I have experienced. I originally placed the order (**) on Black Friday, and despite being reassured by the sales representative that it was processed successfully, I found out that the order was later cancelled by Lenovo (!?!?!). I then placed a new order (**) for the same products on December 7th. Due to the problems I had faced with my previous order as well as the fact that the order contained Christmas gifts, I specifically selected expedited delivery and the sales representative guaranteed that my order would be shipped the same day.

When I tracked the order online, I found out that the sales representative lied and the shipping date was scheduled for December 10th. After I followed up with another Lenovo representative, I was reassured that December 10th will be the final shipping date. Following that, the shipping date changed to December 13th, then December 17th, then December 20th, then December 23rd, which has now passed (I write this review on December 25th) without any shipment.

I have contacted Lenovo at least 10 times, and have spent more than 8 hours in total on the phone and the website chat service with customer sales, post sales, and sales representatives, Samuel ** (**), Maria ** (**), John ** (**), Noah **. (Rep ID: **), Reymark **., Stephen **. (Rep ID: **), Erlinger **(**), Fe ** (**), Johh **., to name a few.

All of them reassured me that the order would be shipped imminently, and also promised that they would personally chase up the progress of the order for me - however no one followed up with me regarding the order status and they all also ignored emails I have sent to chase up the order. When I asked to speak with a manager a few times since I could see that the Lenovo representatives were not able to resolve my simple requests to receive my goods, nor to provide a definite shipment date, I was promised that a post sales manager will contact me 'shortly' - this was another lie because I never received any phone calls from any post sales managers. Perhaps Lenovo does not have any?

The fact that I also received a 'Final day for delivery by Christmas Eve!' promotion email from Lenovo on December 19th to place any future orders so that they will be delivered before Christmas is ironic to say the least since Lenovo is not able to honour an order I originally placed a month ago. Perhaps this promotion was another lie?

As a remark, Lenovo is the manufacturer, and sells products to retailers like Walmart and Best Buy. However, I have never experienced issues like this with the aforementioned companies. If Lenovo was an honest company, they would at least admit that the shipment date will not be until 4 weeks later at the very least, so that I would have the opportunity to cancel the order and purchase the items from somewhere else. The first, and most basic virtue that Lenovo customers expect from any company is honesty. It is not difficult to be honest. Lenovo needs to stop lying to me and to their customers, and instead treat us with the respect we deserve by telling us the truth.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Their service department is absolutely pathetic. Spoke with an agent initially and gave them a complete description of my problem. She ordered a box for me in which I can ship my laptop. I got an email saying that servicing usually takes 6 working days. This is my 10th day and still nothing. Their website just says that my repairs are blocked on unavailability of a part. But it has been 8 days and there is no status change. When I called them their IVR goes into an endless loop and in the end they say there are no available agents which is pathetic. After waiting for like 30 mins on the call you get just disconnected without a clue and their website is not useful as well. They do not understand the value of a customer. My work is pending without my laptop and there is no communication from their side. Seems like they took my laptop and kept it for themselves.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I ordered a laptop from Lenovo last Friday. I received an email a few hours later that the order was canceled. Their sales department is closed on weekends, so it had to wait until next week. I called them today on Wednesday to get it resolved. They verified everything, placed the order for me again, and then an hour or two later I received a call from some out of state phone number. I didn't answer because I was already on a phone call with someone else. A few minutes later I got an email that my order is on hold pending further review. The email had no contact info. I called their sales to get it resolved. They said it was some other department, but I can't call them directly. They will call me within 24 hours. --- "Hey, don't call us, we will call you when we see fit." ---

So, if you want to order Lenovo stuff, prepare to be dedicated full time to this endeavor. Forget 5 minutes (at most) setting up the order and paying for it. No, it is much more involved and you better answer any call that will ring your phone in the next few days, no exceptions. I have never ever encountered so many obstacles when purchasing things. I mean never. Not even when ordering from Dell. I assume that being a Chinese company they have to deal with Chinese scammers all the time, except it should not be my concern. I'm in Chicago, I'm ordering computers for clients every day, and this is beyond pathetic.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I ordered two Lenovo Tablets on the 13th of December. At that time I was assured that they would ship in two to three days and arrive before Christmas. They were birthday presents for my sons. Lo and behold now they haven't even shipped yet as of today's date. They claim they're not going to ship until the 20th and I will not receive them until January 2nd, they completely misled and misrepresented themselves. I never would have ordered them if they had told me that this was going to happen or was even a possibility. Customer service completely unhelpful. They said it was an estimate and I said, “Nowhere on your page does it say estimate. Tell me where it says that." and I was conveniently disconnected. Now I'm going to have very disappointed little boys for Christmas and I'm going to look very bad in front of them. I will never deal with Lenovo again. Very very disappointed in them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I just bought this computer less than 60 days ago. Turned it off and could not turn it back on again. Took it to Best Buy where I purchased it from and they told me my contract only covers hardware issues, not software. The Geek Squad told me that Lenovo is notorious for having those kinds of software issues. The only options they gave me was to spend hundreds of dollars more for fixing a problem not caused by me, or spend 25 -30 dollars more to get it sent back to Lenovo for shipping. Neither Lenovo or Best Buy has good policy returns. I will not buy another Lenovo and furthermore I will look for those products anywhere else but Best Buy. Neither Lenovo or Best Buy stand behind their products.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Extremely bad customer service. No wonder why they blocked the review section on their website!!! Bought a laptop 7 months ago and it never worked properly. After 3 repairs, 11 weeks in repairs, more than 15 calls (long wait time), Lenovo does not want to replace it as per the law. I was finally transferred to the escalation service, it took 4 working days to get a callback. The case manager asked me to reply to an email he sent me with the detailed history. 5 days after, I called back agent and he said he never received both of my emails (initial email + a reminder after 3 days) and that he will investigate the email issue and call me back in 15 fifteen minutes. He never called back and don’t answer my phone calls, so I left a message. He never called me back. After 3 weeks in escalation, I sent a letter of formal notice to the head office and they refused it. It seems they piss off their customer so they will give up.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I purchased a Lenovo T480s in June 2018. It had a very loud fan noise out of the box. I should have immediately sent it back but I had to leave for a 2 week trip in 3 days and could not get another computer in time. I called Lenovo and they told me that, even though I had not purchased on site service, they would have someone out the next day. I called back the next day and they said they were sorry but they would again have someone out the next day. The next day (day 3 since the arrival of the machine) I called again when they did not show and they told me I would have to send it in for repairs which would take 7 days. They told me no one ever should have told me on site service was available.

At this point I had 24 hours until my trip so I did not have time to send it back and even buy another brand locally. I wrote a review on the Lenovo website and they sent an e-mail to me saying they could post it because it was negative. I have been putting up with the load noise but I now believe it is overheating as performance slows when the fan comes on. To fix it I have to close down apps to reduce the processor load. I still have the option of sending it in for repair but I can't be without for the 7 days minimum required for repair. I will go buy another brand and then send this in for repair and try to sell it. Calling customer service has been a nightmare, but that will require another review.

Lenovo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

• Best for: Lenovo computers are best for casual users, businesses, home offices and gamers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs