1.86/5
Based on 165 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 12, 2018

916 Lenovo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have now been without a laptop for 39 days due to Lenovo's poor repair services. I recommend choosing other companies that will provide fair and efficient service for their devices. My Yoga 910 was shipped to their repair facility in Louisville, KY but my power problem was not fixed such that the device still could not turn on. It has now been back at the repair facility for 9 days for an "expedited" repair, but I have little hope of receiving it back repaired, much less in a timely fashion. As a small business owner, I recommend that you save yourself from losing money because of a Lenovo product like I have. Choose another company.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My girlfriend was trying to buy me a Lenovo Yoga as a gift. But the next day she got an email from Lenovo saying that my credit card was declined for whatever security reason of the system. Confused, we looked at the credit card statement and saw that they charged her five times for the same product, even though she only ordered one. I contacted customer service and they were very unhelpful. They did not reverse the charges, and after the call she checked my credit card again and saw two more charges.

So now there were 7 charges for something she did not order and the credit limit was completely maxed, making her unable to use the card anymore. She would have had plenty of money if they only put one charge. It took many hours on the phone to get the issue resolved and we were constantly getting transferred to different departments, and the whole experience was very frustrating. It was not worth the hassle trying to buy a Lenovo.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Buyer beware! I have a Lenovo Yoga, less than a year old. It has been repaired once and then the same faults reoccurred shortly after getting it back. I am desperately trying to get it repaired for the second time. Here is one of the responses from Lenovo’s after sales service team; "Another option we can provide in order to get your repaired is we can recommend the parts needed and purchase/order it online. However this is not covered by the warranty. Should you go with it, let us know." Buyer beware!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I bought a Lenovo Ideacentre 510A tower about three months ago and it has never worked properly. It continues to crash when online. I finally called customer service. After a half hour of stupid questions by someone that did not speak or understand English, I was finally transferred to a second person that I could not understand. He finally told me it would be at least another hundred dollars to try and repair my problem. I was not throwing another hundred dollars after already spending over five hundred for garbage that doesn’t work.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I bought the new X1 online and wasn't satisfied, so I returned it. After more than two weeks of silence I contacted the support and asked why there is no update and no refunds. They claimed that the bank did not accept the refund - which is the most illogical statement I have ever heard. I am waiting now since more than 6 weeks to get my money back. In weekly calls with the customer support, I am being lied to: telling me the refund has been processed and money is on the way, just to figure out another week later that nothing has happened. It is the 21 century. How can a company survive like that?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: April 21, 2018

So I ordered a Thinkpad 13 on 7th or 8th of March. At first it said 7 days until shipment (the laptops are manufactured in Hong Kong, so that's gonna take some time too). After having placed the order the estimated shipping day went up to 3 weeks... First bummer. Anyways all good, I'll wait. When I finally did receive my laptop after a month (a little over 3 weeks manufacturing, 1 week shipping) I was happy. At first...

One battery cycle later the laptop can only be used with the power charger. The battery seems to be faulty or maybe the battery connectors or I don't know what. Anyways I was definitely not going to open a brand new laptop due to warranty issues and therefore had to send it back. Now creating a support ticket was the first issue I had. There didn't seem to be a simple option since Lenovo told me to contact Digital River and vice versa. In the end a friendly tech support staff member handled the ticket for me over the phone and I got an email from TNT (who take back the laptop and bring it to the Netherlands) to set a pickup date. That was 9 days ago. I am still awaiting any word from Lenovo about my new Laptop being manufactured...

I used to hear a lot of good stuff about Lenovo but after having this much problems with a laptop that was supposed to be high quality (obviously for that price) I guess this is (in case I actually do get a laptop?) the first and last Thinkpad I am going to buy. I expected more... Just be careful, if you have any issues with a brand new laptop you might have to wait a little bit longer :)

Original review: April 18, 2018

Bought an upgrade warranty for my laptop Lenovo, when I need it, it did not cover anything. Talk with Lenovo agent and then only says "I am sorry." It is better brands like Asus or MSI, has better option and better customer service.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I received new ThinkPad yesterday. Storage 512 gb on the box, but 256 when checking system. Paid for 512. Spent 3 hours on the phone, Lenovo people did not help. I have all pictures. Returning. It was waste of time.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Brand new laptop dropped and no insurance... No repair facility here in Washington state to take it to. So, I call India and they give me a place to send it to in Kentucky. No contact in ten days... So I call India again and they call Kentucky... and yes they have it. So... I can go online and see the status... and yes they say they have it. OK... NOW WHAT>>> doing anything??? Is this going to cost more than the computer itself (dropped... My fault). I know I could have purchased the insurance and then mailed it in... Thought I would be honest.

Original review: April 14, 2018

My Lenovo went through an update. When it restarted, there was no wifi. All other devices were connected to the wifi, iPhones, iPads, etc. Restarted, checked everything I knew to do; saw other connections from neighbor's wifi, but mine did not appear. Went to the internet and tried most of the things that were suggested and there were a lot of complaints about Lenovos losing their wifi connections. I finally, since I'm a novice, got to the point that I couldn't understand other suggestions so I called for help. Didn't have to wait that long for someone to help. Very hard to understand him, thick accent and he tried to help but since my computer was out of warranty, he could only make suggestions over the phone. We went through some things, but finally told me I had to take it to Best Buy to fix it. Really!! This is their fault with the computer!! There is a problem with it that they should fix whether in warranty or not!! THEIR PROBLEM!

Original review: April 12, 2018

I ordered a Yoga920 laptop with a glass cover. Substantial investment. They sent the wrong computer the first time. Returned it and they guaranteed the replacement would be there within 5 days. I returned from a business trip and still no computer. Customer Service said I had not directed them whether I wanted a replacement or a refund despite emails that proved otherwise. Replacement computer finally arrived... WRONG COMPUTER AGAIN!! This time they wanted me to give them a credit card in order to send the third replacement, even though they already had $2500 of mine and I was having to ship back the second computer.

Sent the second computer back. Yesterday, the THIRD delivery arrived... exact same WRONG computer! Over 6 weeks now and I don't have a computer I can use, I don't have a refund and I have been without a business laptop for nearly two months. Unacceptable and their customer service is flat-out unapologetic. Who knows, this may have been the computer I wanted but it is definitely not the computer company I want.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I ordered a new Lenovo Y920 (higher end laptop). I also bought the highest level customer support and for on site service because it is my only business computer. In a few months, computer problem. I have to wait 3 business days for someone to come out. The guy comes out and now it's another problem they say. I asked it to be expedited (as I did the first time which fell on deaf ears), and now, again, I am told another 3 business days. These guys are truly the worst. I got wrangled into buying this purported higher level warranty and support for my primary computer and these guys have failed at every level. The worst! I expect I am not alone.

Updated on 04/17/2018: I posted a complaint April 10th. The tech who came out now says they won't replace the Lenovo Y920, but, are doing to provide a new Motherboard. That was to come in 3 days. No call. On April 17 (more than 3 days later) I called as no one called me. Now the inept tech support says the parts are back ordered and not knowing when coming. I asked to talk with legal or someone. He said he is escalating and someone is going to call me... not today... but "in 3 days"! Really? They would provide no email for me to contact nor any other person to talk with. And I purchased the on site highest level warranty and support! Truly frustrating and worse, lost business as a result of Lenovo. You are warned. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I sent in my one year old ThinkPad T460 laptop to Lenovo Depot repair facility. Talking to their help desk it was determined that my screen was bad. I bought the 3 year extended warranty so this was covered. I received a box from FedEx, packed up the computer and sent it in. Five days later I received a call from FedEx that my computer will be delivered the next day. No word from Lenovo, but all seemed good, or so I thought. When I opened the return box I was shocked. My laptop was in pieces, literally run over by a truck. BTW, about 3 hours later, I did receive an email from Lenovo asking "We wanted to follow up with you regarding your recent service event and make sure all issues have been resolved to your satisfaction." I have been using ThinkPads for over 20 years and this is my last one.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I placed a $3800 order yesterday; my credit card has been charged for the entire amount reducing my available credit limit. Lenovo is stating it's a hold on my account and not an actual charge. Today they have tried to charge or hold $3100 twice and $700 once against my account. Which to my credit card company and I appears as if they are charging my account two to three times above the original purchase price.

I have had credit for many years and this is the first time I've ever encountered anything like this. They refused to release the hold for the first charge of $3800 charged yesterday so that they could begin processing the additional holds needed to continue processing the order. The only option given was to cancel the account or be charged triple the actual charge amount keeping in mind it's only a hold against the account which will fall off in 7-10 days after the items have shipped. In the meantime the hold (not a charge) has reduced my available credit tremendously. Again, I've NEVER experienced this before. I think this is absolutely ridiculous. No consumer should have to endure this.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My laptop (different brand) crashed and I desperately needed a replacement. After reading product reviews, most of which were positive, I selected a laptop from the Lenovo Canada website and ordered it for delivery in Canada with ‘regular shipping’. The website says regular shipping is 5-7 business days. The online status showed a delivery date of three weeks after my order (17 business days!). I then called customer service who looked into it. I was promised shipping starting two days ago, with a confirmation email. None of these things happened! It is day 7 and the laptop has just left the factory. If I am lucky I will get this laptop at approximately the two week mark after ordering. Do not order from this company unless you are willing to wait a long time. This causes me to question whether the laptop will be as crappy as the service. I hope I’m wrong.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I have had not a single day of trouble with my laptop. Good performance and ease of use. I like the Lenovo solution tab and auto hardware scan features.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Lenovo put together this laptop with great care. It is very durable and the battery holds a charge as it should. It offers a lot of hookups and is lightweight.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Ordered a Lenovo ThinkPad. Credit card went through and was sent order confirmation. Next received a cancellation of order. Called Citibank and was told it went through and Lenovo cancelled the order. Called customer service and after 15 minutes on the phone was assured the 2nd order would go through as the CS rep would follow it to finish. Received 2nd cancellation. Again called bank and it was Lenovo that cancelled it. Called Customer Service and after 15 minutes again... asked to be transferred to Supervisor/Manager. Was transferred and got VOICEMAIL. Called back again and followed the same unsuccessful path. There is no way to resolve this issue with anyone. Guess they don't want to have new customers.

Original review: March 23, 2018

This computer lacks a CD/DVD drive. I never had to call customer support so I am neutral on that. Otherwise the computer has been rock solid. I would buy again. I would recommend it to a friend.

Original review: March 22, 2018

This computer is a desktop that I have owned for over a year, it sufficiently meets all of my computer needs and I highly recommend it to other customers looking to purchase a desktop computer for themselves. The Lenovo desktop would be a wise choice.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I liked this computer. It is durable, easy to use and the cost was reasonable. The computer was easy to learn how to use the options on it. Also, the customer support is really good.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have purchased this Lenovo (Yoga) 710 series on February 25, 2018 from Lenovo exclusive store Jail Road, New Delhi. It has been a month. I have formatted my laptop twice and thrice not within a span of one month. On March 9, 2018 I raised a request regarding laptop hang issue, windows being automatically shut down after opening. The problem was resolved by Lenovo customer service team there afterwards. Now from past 2-3 days I am facing the same issue of hang and windows being drizzle some lines are coming. A pop was coming for this issue of support in blue screen and percentage span of 0%-100 % and laptop is being restarted automatically without being doing anything. So for this issue I formatted my laptop again on 18 Feb, 2018 but the problem is still persisting of hang and some kind of lines are coming.

With formatting of my laptop twice and thrice times battery of laptop is not showing that much life which it was showing earlier. As I am an MBA student and I am busy with all my work all the time in projects and stuff facing this kind of issue will keep a break in my work. I have trusted Lenovo not only due its brand value but quality. I contacted Lenovo for this and the resolution they gave was to take video of it when it hangs. It's correct in a way. I will do it when it arises but as I have my work issue and such kind of problems are coming up each and every time won't solve the issue. Dear I have spent 60000 for this and trusted Lenovo in a way for it. So, it is a request to replace the laptop as problem is being coming up each and every time and I am also not happy with customer care service as they are not able to detect what is the issue behind the problem.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I use my Lenovo laptop mainly to download my video camera and make DVD's. Also, at times use it to watch YouTube. I have been very satisfied with its operation.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Always had IBM/Lenovo. Long-lasting, easily upgraded when needed. Most of the computers I've purchased have been refurbished. I've used other computers, HP and Dell, and there's no comparison for me.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I bought an IdeaPad laptop, couldn't wait for it to come although I have several devices that I use as I work from home. Right at setup I can't connect to the WiFi and I don't know why, key correct other devices connect and disconnect. Spend several hours think it may just be an issue with the setup but with all suggestions nothing worked. I arranged a call and support called me back but no one was there, I called them and right away when I explained the problem the women said, "You need to contact your ISP!" Why would I have to contact my ISP to connect a laptop to my network? That is just ridiculous! If this is a known problem why is there nothing in the box to say, "Hey: FYI you might need to contact your ISP (for what I don't know) because our piece of junk WiFi adapter may not connect to your network!" What good is a laptop that cannot connect to the WiFi, returning it as defective.

Original review: March 16, 2018

After a fair bit of research, I decided to purchase a 'loaded' Yoga 720 and placed an order Mar 6th, only after an extended call with support because initially the order wouldn't go through. Not to worry he said, "I will look after it" - even offered his email for followup. He said it was the active pen that was on backorder, but the laptop was no problem.

Nice, got an email on March 9 stating it had been shipped along with a UPS tracking number. Continued to check, by March 14th contacted Lenovo 'chat' and was ultimately told it should still arrive on the 15th, not to worry that she would look after it and I would be happy with her next email that day (never happened). This despite UPS stating they still hadn't received the laptop to ship.

Another few emails with support, not to worry they said, they would check with logistics as to where the laptop was. I realize delivery dates can change, but why send me an email saying "Good news! Your order has shipped" on the 9th - when nothing had been shipped. So today I realize finally (I'm a bit dense at times) there is no laptop coming. Contacted 'chat' again asking for a credit on my card - they agreed. All the time they refused to tell me if a laptop existed but they couldn't answer that. I guess I should consider myself lucky as I can only imagine what level of support I would get if anything went wrong in future. Ordered a competitor's model, will never deal with Lenovo again.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Purchased a Lenovo laptop for my son a year ago. Completely unreliable. Very little done on the laptop other than Word Documents. Laptop will not turn on. Lenovo could do nothing as the product wouldn't turn on to assess. Local computer repair store could do nothing more. Lenovo's suggestion... "We can help you buy a new one." Not a great suggestion. Don't ever buy cheap because you get what you pay for and $350 gets you Lenovo garbage.

Original review: March 15, 2018

IdeaCentre computer is a piece of garbage. This is an i7 and works as an i3. Do not buy this Lenovo product. I would suggest any other brand than Lenovo. Tech Support is like calling Starbucks. Terrible service and terrible product.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I have the T430 and it is durable yet light for its size. A workhorse. The mouse pad has a very light touch no need to bang on it. Same with the keyboard.

Original review: March 12, 2018

It's faster than I really thought. Better and more program than I thought to begin with. Fantastic choices. Well worth the trouble of getting this. You get really good speed and at least one Terabyte of storage. Good quality build and name.

Lenovo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

• Best for: Lenovo computers are best for casual users, businesses, home offices and gamers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs