1.48/5
  • 1 star
Based on 156 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 13, 2017

839 Lenovo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Tried calling for tech support and of course was transferred to the Philippines. I was transferred 3 times having to explain my issue each time. With the last person I spoke with I could barely hear her with the phone line quality. I ended up hanging up and returning the laptop. First and last time I buy a Lenovo product. In all the years with Toshiba, Asus or HP I have never had an issue with a laptop. This Lenovo was the first time. I turned it on and it was consuming 35% of the CPU and memory and I'm sure it was an easy software fix, however, due to their tech support and lack of being able to speak with someone from Canada or the U.S. it was just easier to return the product and never purchase them again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Purchased this computer at Costco online. Never tried to flip the screen all the way back to use as a laptop but when I did 95 days after purchase the screen went blank with horizontal lines. I took it back to Costco and they said it was out of the 90 return policy and to contact the manufacturer. That was 2 1/2 months ago. I sent the computer back that same day and have been getting the runaround for months. At first, I got an email. They had to order parts and after a month or so I got an email saying they have the parts and should be getting it out soon. That was 5-6 weeks ago. Called today and they said yes, they have the parts but could not tell me why it has not been repaired. They told me they were escalating it and someone would get back to me in three days. I've called Costco Concierge at least 5 times and Lenovo at least 5 times. I'm at wit's end and seem to out $800 with no place to go.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Lenovo company is the worst company as the customer service they provide is the worst ever. They are not responding to my complaints, got the worst product Lenovo Ideapad 310. The laptop is defective one and their terms and conditions are the worst.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I purchased a Lenovo Edge 2 laptop about 2 years ago. Last week, one of the hinges broke and the top screen came apart when I closed the laptop. I called Lenovo warranty and they said they cannot help me because it is beyond the 1 year warranty period. I explained it's not a warranty issue but a manufacturer's defective part or parts. They continued to state like programmed robots that they could not help me because it's beyond the warranty period. I have other laptops and none came apart on me like this laptop. Very disappointed Lenovo does not stand by their products.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Had multiple product in my workplace. (The Yoga 510, IdeaPad U330p, G50) Misleading overrated specs, but I discover few of our Lenovo mainly Lenovo backgrounds are mainly causing the laptop run sluggish. Takes long time to start / open / close program. Wonder how people in media rate them best brand. They are one of weaker support. Even our Samsung RC510 run faster than U330p.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Lenovo has had my computer for a month now. Every time I call I get the same runaround. They say they will expedite the repair & return shipping. Same story all the time. Most awful service and people who do not care. I will NEVER buy another Lenovo product.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I've had at least 8 different tech people, charge me for their time, try to repair it, and a day or so later, the problem returns. I give up. My thinking is that the computer's color is actually "yellow,'' even if the color is not visible. Very frustrating experience. I wish I could turn it into lemon juice but, that unfortunately, isn't an option. I'm stuck and that is that. Guess who isn't going to buy another Lenovo... ever again?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Lenovo P40 Yoga computer purchased new 4/2016. Extended warranty with 24hr on-site service plan purchased 4/2017. November 2017, computer failed to boot up after power down/restart. Called tech support under warranty service, who diagnosed this as a system board failure. Tech support said that part was in stock, and would be delivered to the technician whom will provide on-site repair on the second business day following my call. I called to check status on the morning of the expected service, and was told that the part is on "back order" and not available until March 2018. I asked if they can provide me with a new computer, in keeping with the "next business day" warranty and they offered no help or solutions. They forwarded me to sales dept, who forwarded me to another tech service department, and then to service center in India. Absolutely worthless, and wasted nearly 3 hours of my time on hold/transfers/disconnects, etc.

I eventually got transferred to a local "Lenovo-certified" repair center (Yeo and Yeo Computer Consultants) who were not helpful, did not return phone calls, and did not want to support a small business customer. I still believe that Lenovo is a great laptop computer brand, but it is useless if you cannot get even least bit reasonable customer support. Don't waste your money on a warranty from them, as they don't even seem to consider what is promised in the warranty. Instead, find a good local and trustworthy repair center and plan to pay for a quick and reliable repair.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Worst laptop I have ever owned. I have had problems with Lenovo Yoga 3 since the first day. When I turned it on for the first time I had ghost touches. I found the patch and fixed it myself. Then my wifi kept getting disconnected, so I had to update the driver. It somewhat fixed the problem, but not completely. Then dead pixels in the screen a couple months later. The charger had a short since the first day. I had to replace the charger. Now the screen just went out. My god this is the worst laptop I have ever owned. It cost nearly 900 dollars. What a joke!!! I will never buy a Lenovo computer again!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Great laptop. Fabulous performance and has all I need, longevity, able to add storage, maintenance is simple, set up is easy, and great service if I have a problem.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I normally use a desktop PC, but since my son punched mine I have used my cell phone. Never thought of getting a laptop until I saw this Lenovo on sale. I like it.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

When I forgot my swipe code, I had to reset the tablet. The Lenovo 10 Tab software kept throwing my login into a loop asking to put the original Google account associated with the account in to verify my account. It failed to work. After over 4 hours on the phone with Google and Lenovo tech support, Lenovo wanted to charge me $39 to have them help me. The tablet only cost $99.00. They said it was either a glitch or possibly a virus, even though I had only used it a few times. I had tried other times to get their help on this issue with no success; at least another 10 hours. I cannot believe this company would not back their product without charging!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Very sturdy machine. Tough. Buy it. Use it. Feel the difference. The large screen helps in better visibility too. The sturdy top makes it good against damage.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Easy to use and set up. I always use a desktop opposed to a tablet or laptop. I'm a senior citizen, however, I'm pretty computer savvy and literate. Great help if you need it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

In June of 2016 I bought a Lenovo computer. It has now been sent back to the company for repair for the third time in 15 months. This company keeps sending it back not fixed because the same problem keeps happening. This is a lemon and the company has still not committed to fixing it. All I want is a computer that works when I turn it on. I would NEVER RECOMMEND this computer or COMPANY to any other business's or friends. They have had me without a computer for several weeks over this time period. I had a Toshiba for many years without a problem. It was just time to update. I wish I had not listened to the sale person and bought another Toshiba. If I could rate this company zero stars I would.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The Lenovo laptop is a very good computer for the cost. I just replaced a computer that crashed and am still learning the details of the operations of the Lenovo.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Spoke with 3 customer service people. All had no information on my laptop getting fixed. Couldn't even find it in the system, had to ask them to repeat everything multiple times as their English is so broken. Not helpful, left frustrated and with no answers! What a complete waste of time. Will never go back to this company or recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Bought a Lenovo laptop through Best Buy a year ago. Selling point was it was formerly IBM. Mother board failed after 1 year. Sent in computer a month ago for repair and was told that part was on order with an "indefinite" delivery date. After 3 weeks finally told one more week until delivery of part. 2 days ago told it would be another month. Tried going through customer service to Escalation Department and was denied to talk to them because they have "3 business days" to call me back. Shouldn't waiting a month count for actually getting to TALK with a supervisor??? I feel like I'm being held hostage with a $1000 computer at their disposal with no resolution in sight. DON'T BUY LENOVO!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

It's been 1 month now. My machine is broke down, and no results. I keep calling this number and it still no respond. I got like 50 apologize the last month, but is not enough to make me happy. Right now I'm not mad but, I'm very sad, because the only entertainment I got is the internet. I feel happy for them, they don't have to go through all the things that I went through the last month. I'm a businessman 40 years in the business, I got retail and wholesale business back then, I had one incorporation and one LLC. No one never ever unhappy with my business. I'm always resolve the problem 24 hours, that's a fact. I never playing "hiding in the bush", its a fact too. Now I don't know what can I do, if anybody knows who can I call, or anything about this issue please let me know. I appreciate it. TY. God bless.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have used Lenovo products for many years, overall, I am quite a satisfied customer. My current computer is a Yoga 910, works extremely well, versatile (laptop - tablet), and definitely meets my needs.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I have a laptop and use it every day. The Lenovo has been reliable and easy to use. It has a lot more functions than what I use. My computer geek husband enjoys using too.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I'm using Lenovo laptops for my portable Lightroom computers when I travel. They're lightweight with great performance and I like the retracting keyboard when you fold them into a tablet configuration. I end up editing a lot of my pictures before I get back home as they have such great screens.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I have used Lenovo for some time. They are cost effective, I have had a few problems which were frustrating but customer service helped. The IT company I often use has recommended Lenovo to me in the past.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I purchased my Lenovo laptop in April, 2017. I rarely use it, because each time I turn on the computer, I am inundated with forced (I do not select them) downloads/apps, etc., which typically take 15 to 20 minutes, before I can begin to log on. I am concerned mostly, about the security aspect of my laptop. I do not feel confident to use it to pay bills, to do my banking, or anything else that may require exposure of critical, personal information. I actually prefer using my cellphone for everything, rather than try to navigate through the nightmare Lenovo experience. I appreciate your time reviewing my review/concerns.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Customer service has no clue. I called at least (20) times. Sometimes calls get dropped but one thing they are consistent with is having no idea where my laptop is or if it’s fixed. I have the reference number and an e-mail confirming they received the unit. I will never buy a Lenovo product for myself, my family or my business ever again. Lenovo’s customer service and ability to follow through are the worst I have ever experienced with a company.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

We purchased the Lenovo E470 Laptop August 28, 2017. Shortly after purchasing the computer I could not use it because lines were populating the page. I called their customer care line several times. Eventually I was told the problem would be escalated. I finally talked to a representative who was knowledgeable. The calls are handled by a call center who Lenovo contracts with. He gain access to my computer and attempted to update the driver(s). That did not work. He later said engineers are working on a solution. The problem has been escalated.

Prior to the conversation with him a representative told us to upgrade our warranty to have a representative come out the next day. The very next day I received an email saying, in summary, send the computer in for depot service. I already was supposed to have depot service prior to upgrading the warranty. Why would we upgrade the warranty to receive a service that we already had access to? I could go on and on but I think you all get the point. Sorry this summary of my problem is out of order. I am warning you not to purchase any Lenovo products. I which we would have looked at the reviews prior to purchasing this piece of crap product for $872.00 ($810.00 before taxes) + an ungraded warranty. Sincerely extremely unhappy customer. If someone is aware of a regulatory agency who looks into these matters please post so we are all aware.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I have begged and pleaded for assist, one day after writing a bad review, someone actually responded to me by saying, "Ok you got my attention"... and then stopped responding again. Their salespeople sell you then aren't ever heard from again, they don't follow up at all. My computer is now about 4 months old and they want me to pay to update drivers... really. I didn't buy a refurbished unit. It was new. How dare they. Awful awful awful... IBM>>>Where are you???

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Sharing experience nothing else. Bought Lenovo ThinkPad E450 and purchased 3 yr extended onsite warranty from Lenovo... Now my after 1 and half year my battery is not working. And I called customer care for this meanwhile today and the guy was like, "You tell them, mail them to our another team," blah... Blah. And the person say, "Your warranty does not have battery Coverage." Now I have like 3 pages of bill. There it doesn't say anywhere about this battery scene. Super annoyed with Lenovo and their poor and fake service... Strictly recommend don't buy!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I bought a Lenovo All in One on March 2016 and called tech support in June 2017 as it wouldn't turn on at all. I was asked if I had damaged or dropped the All in One Desktop that I use for my business and leave on my desk at work. Had to send copy of receipt because they needed proof of purchase. They sent a tech out who couldn't fix it. Told me to send it in and I did. 3 weeks went by and they said the part was on backorder. Waited two more weeks and called tech support and they said they would send me another computer. I received it June 2017.

The left side of the screen was darker than the rest so I called tech support. They said to restart it. This would come and go but didn't want to deal with the tech support who try to blame me. October 2017 the screen went black. Sending it to tech support. Bought a HP today and will hopefully be able to use the Lenovo as a backup. I will NEVER buy a Lenovo! Had Best Buy wipe it clean for me as I do not trust them at all.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

My Lenovo Ideapad 100S is 3 DAYS old. Touch pad not working. In another state past 3 days. Cannot work. It is absolutely worthless. I am sending this thing back! Looked at the forums, tried the fixes. Nada. Not messing around with this anymore. Thank goodness it's new and returnable. No more of ANYTHING Lenovo makes.

Lenovo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

• Best for: Lenovo computers are best for casual users, businesses, home offices and gamers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs