Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.16/5

Lenovo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have the Lenovo 27" AIO, quad core I7 processor, 16 gig memory, one TB hard drive, optical drive. Came with Win 10 home, which I upgraded to Win 10 Pro. The display is excellent, sound is good, optical drive works, but is flimsy. I particularly like the lack of a separate box for the guts of the machine. I got it on sale at Costco at an excellent price point. A good solid fast machine at any price. I recommended it to my son in law and he is quite happy with it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Purchased my third Laptop from Lenovo. I had several problems with my 2nd Ideapad Flex 15 such as a Touchpad that worked intermittently and speakers with very little volume. Lenovo replaced the TouchPad, but the problem existed. They also replaced the speakers, but it didn't help. Last attempt was to replace the Motherboard. After replacing the Motherboard the TouchPad and Speakers continued to have issues. The new Motherboard didn't allow the battery to charge as needed and according to Tech Support additional Motherboards were no longer available for this 4 month old computer so the extended warranty I purchased was useless. In order to resolve the issues I had to contact the Better Business Bureau.

Lenovo offered to refund my money or provide me another like computer. They offered me a ThinkPad P15v which is a cheaper version of the ThinkPad 15P. I chose this computer because it had a little faster processor but I had to give up my Flex capabilities as well as my touch screen. Although I'm somewhat satisfied with my new Laptop, I believe Lenovo has ongoing issues with Speakers and TouchPads on all their models. Also, my $1K IdeaPad Flex 15 had a Battery that would last every bit of 7-8 hours without having to charge. My new $3K ThinkPad P15v battery lasts approximately 4 hours until it needs to be charged. I always thought the more expensive computer was the better option, but in the case of Lenovo Laptops this doesn't hold true.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2020

The Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 is a nice product but the battery is inadequate to serve off plug for more than a couple of hours w/o needing add'l charging. You have to purchase the more expensive YOGA to get a solid battery. Only other concern - I have the 3 year onsite warranty. They were to "send someone to assess why the camera is not functioning". They never did. Then the came covid and the laptop stopped booting so now it is all on me to get them the laptop and wait.... Concerned I'll be w/o it for quite sometime. We will see. I love my Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I have a Lenovo t450s and have had it since 2014 - it has been great - gets the job done and has been very efficient. I am in the process of upgrading it now, mainly because I do lots of photography and felt the need for a newer, more robust system was needed, but I ould highly recommend a Lenovo to anyone. I am now retired, but when I was working, the laptop provide at work was also Lenovo and it was great. Performs well - holds up well - easy to update and use.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I buy Lenovo because I was an IBM person. Their construction of laptops were far superior of the others & mine lasted so long & had built in PC Doctor for trouble-shooting & I love the touch-point verses a touch pad. So, I bought a Lenovo (Hoping it would be as good as the IBM's were). My current model is too heavy & has a poorly laid out keyboard & no light on the capslock button-which is in a very bad location. FYI - I purchased online & had clicked "pick-up" to make my final decision of purchase - Unfortunately, they messed up & shipped it to me. Since Dell got almost every contract from IBM when they sold to Lenovo - My next one will be either Dell or Lenovo. Must have the touch point - then price will be the deciding factor after that.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

If I could give less than one star, I would. I bought a new laptop a year ago and in one year I have had to take it to be repaired 3 times. It had to have the keyboard and the hard drive replaced. Also, the keypad does not work properly so I had to buy a mouse. I had to do without my computer for weeks while it went back to the repair facility because the camera would not stay on or work right but then Lenovo would not give them permission to fix my camera under warranty. So my warranty just ended and I am stuck with an iffy laptop and a camera that does not work.

I recently reached out to Lenovo and the Executive relations manager said she reached out to me three times when I did not even hear from them once. I have owned a couple laptops before and never had these types of problems. This is my first purchase from Lenovo and I would never purchase another Lenovo product. I thought that selling a new laptop that is obviously defective would be of some concern to the company.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I purchased the following product: Lenovo IdeaPad 330S 15.6" Laptop - Platinum Grey (Intel Core i7-8550U/256GB SSD/8GB RAM). Simply from opening and closing the laptop, the black plastic around the screen inside the laptop came loose. Very poorly made. I was shocked this would happen just 1.5 years after purchasing the machine. I called Lenovo and they said that because the 1 year warranty expired, they will not help. I will definitely not purchase from them again. There are similar priced laptops that are much better in terms of workmanship, and probably have better customer service as well.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I phoned a Lenovo sales agent to get help for a quote for a "build your own" laptop. But the sales agent stated that there was no such thing as that model (even though it was a common model-Legion 5). I replied that I can see the model online so she was incorrect. She rudely replied to me, "if you can see it online then why are you calling me," and hung up the phone on me. I phoned again later to talk to the sales manager and explain the horrible experience that I had, but Lenovo sales agents will not let you talk to the sale manager (I phoned twice and talked to different sales agents, and none of the sales agents will let you speak with the manager). I wouldn't buy anything from Lenovo. Karma strikes again, what goes around comes around, you reap what you sow---if you treat your customers badly, then you deserve the bad reputation that you will get!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Laptop just three days short of one year old when it froze and refuses to reboot. Initial case filed on a Thursday; told to wait 2 days for tech support to call me back. They didn’t. Now Monday. Have had to file 4 cases total; one for each time their solution has failed. Yesterday I was sent to a repair shop an hour away who refused to do the work. Now need to wait 3 days to receive an email to give me an address to mail it to. Absolutely wish I had never heard of Lenovo, nevermind purchasing one of their laptops.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I bought my Lenovo new for $700. It does everything I need it for so far. I have had it a few years now. Can't beat the price! I would buy this brand again and recommend it to friends and family. Light.

Lenovo author review by ConsumerAffairs

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team