3.9/5 (1417 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About Lenovo

Lenovo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

BEWARE OF LENOVO'S SCAM. NEVER BUYING LENOVO AGAIN. So incredibly disappointed in Lenovo. Have bought nothing but Yogas since they came out for myself and my staff, loved the product. Bought direct for the first time, needed a new computer fast so bought "in-stock ready to ship" rather than building to my specs. Was emailed on ship date it was delayed and would be shipped within 30 days. Called and turns out it was out of stock, a week later they were still being sold ($200 less than I paid) as in stock. Took hours on the phone, multiple supervisors telling me they would email/call back (and no one ever did) to get my product shipped. Was given a 10% "concession" for it being late and they told me to screenshot the lower price for a price match after it shipped.

Took another hour on the phone to get the 10% refund. For 2 hours they refused to price match because only after the product was shipped did they tell me the screenshot I sent was invalid and they needed all these additional steps that is not listed anywhere on the site or told by the rep. I provided a live link with the lower price to the agent via chat, as listed on the website policy. And then a screenshot after it shipped as instructed by the agent. The screenshot showed the chat window where the rep said after it shipped to, "send me a screenshot with the model added to your cart showing the lower price", and listed his email and nothing else. Horrendous service and should not take 6+ hours and two week delay to get a product you sold me and have your slimy price match policy shared after the fact when the sale has ended. Ohhhh did I mention the rep who had a rooster crowing the entire time in the background???

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Do NOT buy Lenovo. They used to be good, but no more. They sell junk. Bought a laptop at the end of July. Knew immediately there was something wrong with the wifi card. Opened a support ticket under the warranty. They had me send it back - all they did was uninstall and reinstall the OS. It still did not work. The hardware component itself is bad. I let support know it. Did not fix. They said they escalated the ticket and then did nothing. No responses at all until AFTER the 30 day return window. Now they are telling me there is nothing to be done. To bad so sad. It is still under warranty and they refuse to fix it or replace it. This company is terrible and the junk they sell even more terrible. Do NOT buy Lenovo.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

My company bought a laptop, Lenovo YOGA, I picked it up from Best Buy around 6/15/2022, brand new, looks great, 31 days later it completely dies, wouldn't turn on, etc., I call customer service and after troubleshooting, they realize, it's completely dead also, they have you take a picture of the computer, sides, front and back. A week later, after sending parts to my house and sending a technician, they fix it, they exchanged parts, the technician kept saying I should have bought a Dell, pretty unprofessional but probably true. It's a great looking laptop and small, perfect for work and traveling. Last week I'm settled into my airline seat, turn on computer by wifi so I can get some work done and the computer again dies.

We have a new technician coming over today to fix, hopefully I don't have to deal with this every month but that's what it is looking like, when I asked for a new computer, they said they don't do that after 18 days of owning the computer, we should have gone to Costco, where we have 3 months to see if it's worth keeping the computer. The other negative side to buying a Lenovo is that they use 3rd party companies to repair and will only come to your house to fix, meaning, they will have to use your bathroom, ask for water, it's a bit weird to have a stranger at your house but I have to get my computer fixed, would never buy another Lenovo.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Purchased this about a year ago. Do yourself a favor and do a thorough online search before purchasing any Lenovo laptop. Lenovo laptops have faulty hinges that pop out with minimal use, and causes the screen to crack. This is not covered under warranty.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I came to purchase Lenovo Slim 7 just this unit just this February 2022, in less than 2 months monitor start to flicker, flickering got worst in time. I immediately asked the Lenovo Store Manager in the mall where I purchased it. I also tried their services online, I was told since it was part of the PREMIUM series, premium care services are readily available. Yeah right! Months passed, and their technician who had already been to the house to "fixed" it, couldn't fix it at all. My unit is now 6 months young but good as overhaul already by the technician, still couldn't fix it. To add to that, they refuse to give a new unit, well of course, since that is only for good for a 7 days replacement. Not worth it, too pricey yet worse customer service ever.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I received a "lemon" of a computer from Lenovo and it took forever to return it and when they sent it back they had no explanation of what they did. I emailed them and asked them to please provide what they did and they never answered. After two months of using, it started shutting down and not coming back up EXACTLY like before. I emailed 5 times, I had 4 conversations after holding forever and getting people who did not know what they were doing. And then I waited a week for a manager to contact me and I finally rec'd an email saying my warranty was over. It NEVER worked right and they NEVER fixed it - if you just mess around with customers until the warranty is out, then that is an easy out for a company.

Their support is horrific, their employees don't know what they are doing, the email on their website sends you to India who then tells you to contact your home company. They pass you around on the phone and then they tell you a manager will get back with you just to get rid of you. The computer is poorly made, it never worked correctly, they never fixed it and they can't communicate at all. I spent my life in sales, marketing and customer service. This company is the worst! Do not waste your money!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GARBAGE COMPANY! I have returned a laptop last month and still have not received a refund! Every time I contact them they keep giving different excuses. I also wrote a review on their website and they removed it because it was negative, that is against consumer's rights! Shady company, stay away!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I would give zero star or a negative point. My laptop was less than one year, still in warranty, and suddenly the display panel/hinge was broken. Their service team said it is kind of "physical" damage that is not covered by warranty. I know it is NOT but impossible to prove that this is because of poor material quality or was not assembled properly. I learned my lessons and won't buy any Lenovo products again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

i have purchased 2nd laptop of Lenovo Ideapad. At first it was working well but after some months its performance came very slow and lagging so I complained it to a representative. They started primary diagnostic of laptop and all test were done online through remote at that time only the problem was detected that hard drive have issue but they ignore it and said OS was causing all trouble. So with their help OS was reinstalled. This was also done remotely. instruction that is I was the one who was repairing their product. So here we purchase and we repair only so why are they giving the service and what kind of service is this that customer only is doing and wasting his all time.

While after all this waste of time they were unable to diagnose it at all. and only form their side they said problem is resolved. This all caused me lot of waste of time and headache. Still I was taking it all saliently and politely but as if they didn't listen to me. They said, "Your laptop is performing very well." Well I was the one and only one who was facing all the problem. Laptop was literally performing like old P4 processor computers. It was hanging lagging and literally booting in 15 to 20 mins. I was having ideapad 3 1IIL05. i3 10 Gen 4GB RAM 1TB HDD and experiencing like P4 512 RAM 160GB HDD. Till end of all the argument lenovo did not resolved the problem. All the fault is lenovo don't do any thing in warranty and service but when the warranty expires they will tell to change hdd and upgrade ram.(lol). Lenovo a scammer. Will never buy their product and will never suggest their product.

Original review: July 18, 2022

Lately I have been using Apple products and I wanted to get a different laptop. I always had problems with Windows computers at work, but figured I will spend extra and it should be fine. Well... I purchased it in June 2021. By September it was making horrible noises. I didn't need the laptop up until January. I needed them to fix it. I wanted to pay extra so they can come and fix it at home. But they opened the ticket and now I couldn't. They told me to send it in for 3 weeks!!! and no back up computer. They also sent a full instruction of everything I need to do to prep the computer. Finally someone said I could go through Staples and it may be shorter. It was the fan! Also my camera and audio doesn't work. It looks like it's from the 90s if it decides to work. So finally in March we settled I will bring it into staples. Staples fixed it (I did not purchase it at staples).

Three months later I find that it overheats and so it will slow down the camera. Well on top of it the fan went again. Because I was past my year warranty I paid extra. 7 hours on the phone. Hanging up. Saying they don't understand and literally nothing came out of it. They now want to blame staples that they don't know why they did. I had to buy an iPad to support me through this time. I bought an external camera to also support me, but it defeats the purpose of being a laptop. I don't want to walk around with a whole camera. Never again would I buy this. Even getting them to repair is so stressful. Apple is the way to go for the customer service, the fact you can bring it in and actually speak to someone it's very important especially since you need quick turnarounds. Horrible experience and sadly I am still in the midst of all this.

Lenovo author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

Lenovo Company Information