3.49/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Lenovo

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Lenovo Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I bought the Lenovo yoga model with the highest specs not even 8 months ago and it has been the worst computer investment I ever made...and the warranty (““)+ the customer service are just awful. As soon as I turned this computer on I wanted to send it back and could not get a hold of anyone—not to mention it was a very long shipping. So my 30 day warranty had pretty much passed by the time I got the computer. In 7 months I have had to address issues with customer service twice for problems with the computer, and at 8 months have to send it back for a “repair.” I bought this new for a graduate degree in GIS and I wish I had just spent the extra money on a MacBook Pro.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I bought 2 new Lenovo computer 2 years ago (my first time buying Lenovo and will be my last time Buying Lenovo. On my Desktop computer after 1 year the motherboard failed and that computer was done. With my laptop in the past year the hard drive failed, the RAM stick failed and now the motherboard has failed. Because all of these issues began just after the 1 year mark and now “out of warranty” Lenovo told me to go pound sand even though they obviously sold me lemon computers. In short Lenovo computers are absolute garbage, they know they sell garbage computers and don’t care they sell garbage computers. Buy ANYTHING but a Lenovo Computer.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I purchased a laptop for a potential new hire that didn't end up happening. When I went to send the computer back to them I was instructed that I could not return it because it was more than 30 days after their invoice date of 8/28. I received the computer 7 days after it was invoiced on 9/4. After two emails were rejected I called on 10/3 and was told I could not return the computer. It took two days of time and multiple extended phone calls with people who barely speak English before we actually got them to stand by their 30 day return policy. When I asked to speak with the manager I was issued a case# and told a manager would contact me in 3 to 7 business days. Very unimpressed to say the least. Being a business owner with 8 Lenovo computers operating currently I will be looking for another brand to move to in the future. Unfortunately, the service has left their customer service department!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Awful! We ordered a computer for my son, a different rep that we had been talking to sent a second one without any notification, email, consent or anything! Off course my credit card was charged twice! After numerous attempts they finally sent me a return label, for the extra computer they sent, they received the computer and issued a partial refund...again hours on the phone so they can refund the extended warranty worth about $500 it’s been Almost 10 days and no refund! This is ridiculous! Very disappointed to say the least. I have to again waist hours trying to talk to someone who hardly speaks English to demand my money back. Why would they keep the warrant money if they have to computer is beyond me!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

The laptop Yoga 11 Flex SN YD05DEZ8 was sent away for repair under warranty. It's been 3 weeks and I've heard nothing. This is my 9th Lenovo laptop and I didn't expect this. They say the motherboard needs replacing. In my opinion after 10 months it should be a replacement item. After being loyal for 9 laptops one crappy item may make try another brand next purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

This complaint is about a PC Laptop Yoga 900 against the manufacturer (Lenovo). After extensive research about the Company's warranty coverage I found that not only they do not honor any warranties but also they have been failing to have recalls on their defective products. An example of their practices and consumer complains can be found at the following link:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-won-t-turn-on-SOLVED/td-p/3314649. I am hoping by posting this report to multiple website somehow this manufacturer is penalized for bad business.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I bought an IdeaPad Y700 about 4 years ago for about $1700. I had so many issues just from the get-go. For starters my screen would go black if I move my mouse too quick, there was an issue with the built-in microphone just being awful quality, and my gaming laptop's keyboard with stopped working and then the whole computer would crash shortly after I started playing games. The screen going black was a driver issue, no big deal.The mic issue I just tolerate because I don't really use it much. The keyboard issue though is a huge deal.

After contacting customer support, they did a quick peek of my computer through software that allowed them to access my computer from another location. They said they would have to do a factory reset and update my drivers and if that didn't fix it they could dig more into it but it would cost me $300 because it was something I downloaded.

At that point I'd had the computer 3 or 4 months and I only had one game on it and that's really all I used it for. I told them thanks. It still was under warranty and it should have been free. Well I've been looking into the issue for a while and figured it was maybe a Windows issue or something needed patch that Lenovo would eventually come out with. Well just found out from a Lenovo help board on their website this model of laptops have a bad motherboard straight out of the factory. Thought I was getting a high-end PC, turns out I got a $1,700 paperweight but at least I can watch YouTube on it.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I ordered a new device from Lenovo Canada on August 17th. Today is August 29th. Nine business days have elapsed since submission of my order. I still have yet to receive my order. Although my order confirmation lists the correct delivery address in Ontario, the UPS shipping label was generated by Lenovo with a different customer's name and address in Nova Scotia and, according to UPS, that individual has accepted delivery of my product. I have contacted Lenovo customer service twice. Today, I waited on hold for 23 minutes before I was able to speak with someone. They acknowledge that the issue has been recorded, that the product was shipped to the wrong address, but the issue is still being investigated. Meanwhile, they are sitting with thousands of dollars of my money, and I have nothing to show for it but an order summary that says my product has been delivered.

I requested to initiate a complaints process. According to customer service rep Angel, no complaints process for Lenovo exists. She referred me to a feedback link on their website, which only provides the opportunity to provide feedback on the website itself, not on my ordering / shipping experience. I inquired of Angel: "Mistakes happen, but if you have no formal complaints process, how does your company track issues and learn from mistakes in order to ensure that the mistakes are not made in the future?" "Before you answer," I said, "I should clarify the basis for my question: I am Director of Operations for my company. I oversee all purchasing for my company, including technology purchases. I need to have confidence that Lenovo can fulfill orders if I am to consider purchasing Lenovo products in bulk for my company."

She had no response except to put me on hold while she referred my issue to her "shipping subject matter expert" but when she returned, and I asked the subject matter expert's name, she could not provide me a name. At the end of the call, she was unable to give me any timeline for resolution of my complaint. Apparently, I am just to sit here while Lenovo has my money, and hope they ship my product to me, even though my order summary says I have received the product. My options are limited to calling back each day, waiting on hold for 20+ minutes, and inquiring on the status of my order. No one will call me to tell me what is being done to get my order to me.

This should terrify anyone considering ordering from Lenovo. I posted this exact review on Lenovo's Facebook page, and then looked at the customer review directly before mine: the person before me had experienced exactly the same issue. This is not an isolated incident. I just made a $80,000 purchase of new laptops for my company and went with Dell instead of Lenovo even though I have purchased from Lenovo historically. I would not have made that decision on the basis of a shipping error alone, but if a company of Lenovo's size has no mechanism for formal submission and resolution of complaints, I cannot recommend them as a vendor regardless of the quality of their product.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

SAVE YOUR TIME -- BUY ANY OTHER BRAND INSTEAD!!!! BEYOND RIDICULOUS EXPERIENCE!!!! Here goes: Needed a laptop for my business. Decided to try a Lenovo X1 Carbon. Made the purchase using the business card on their website, order successful, confirmation email, all good. The next day I receive an "Order Cancelled" email. Checked my bank account -- funds have been withdrawn. Called customer service, waited 40 minutes, got disconnected. Called again, waited 30 minutes, the rep needed to transfer me to a sales rep to further assist me. Guess what? During the transfer, the phone call got disconnected. No call back.

Called again. More waiting. Connected to the rep. Rep transferred me to the Sales Rep. Sales rep tells me "I have no clue why this happened" and we make an order together over the phone. Receive a confirmation email. Next day I receive ANOTHER "Order Cancelled" email. Sales rep now emails me "I am looking into this." -- Nothing gets resolved. Check bank account, there are now two Lenovo charges. Third time's the charm, right? Made a third purchase using a PERSONAL card. Exact freaking repeat. My business now has two charges from Lenovo. My personal account has one charge from Lenovo. All orders have been cancelled by Lenovo without a reason.

This morning I spend 3 hours on trying to reach Lenovo Customer Support. Again, get disconnected numerous times. Once after reaching the rep that placed me on hold. Finally get a rep, who refuses to connect me to their supervisor. Supposedly looks into my situation, needs to transfer me to the sales team. And guess what?! The phone call drops on the transfer.

Here's the cherry on the cake: Their "Your estimated wait time" literally spouts random numbers, and you have to actively be involved to be granted the privilege of waiting to speak to a rep. You call up, go through all the menus, get in queue, and hear the "Your estimated wait time is 15 minutes." Hear Lenovo ads. Then hear "If you would like to get a callback press X, otherwise to remain on the line, press 0" -- if you do not respond, the call disconnects, and no one calls you back. You hit 0, and now receive "Your estimated wait time is 29 minutes" -- and this cycle of LENOVO AD -> PRESS FOR PRIVILEGE TO KEEP WAITING -> NEW RANDOM ESTIMATED WAIT TIME NUMBER continues. SAVE YOUR TIME ---- Deal with any other company instead.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Bad! Do not trust Lenovo quality, it was IBM and now Lenovo makes it even worse! I bought a brand new laptop Lenovo Yoga Y40 in about 2016 and just a year after it had first issues. The battery went bad (discharged) and with that also the graphics card NVidia (so since then I wasn't able to use the NVidia graphics card). So I've ordered a new Lenovo Y40 battery. I was able to start the Lenovo Yoga Y4 again, unfortunately without the graphics card. Another 2 years passed and the Lenovo laptop stopped working - it just simply turned off. Actually it turned off about twice during the last month unexpectedly, but now I can’t turn it on. THe switch light on for a few seconds and then it dies. I'd be happier for better quality notebook, but Lenovo notebook Yoga Y40 was a bad choice. Do not buy from Lenovo, even if the price is cheaper than the competition.

Lenovo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

• Best for: Lenovo computers are best for casual users, businesses, home offices and gamers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs