1.63/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

988 Lenovo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I can't believe they are a large corporation that can have such an incredibly incompetent warranty department. On-site warranty where they don't show up to the appointment and don't call. TWICE! When you're able to get a hold of another rep, they disregard any errors. Been using Thinkpads since the IBM days for the last 17 years, but it ends now.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

If I could give less than one star I would. I purchased a Lenovo Idea Pad at the end of 2017. A few months later the screen started to flicker and shake. Upon calling customer service they referred me to some online solutions which worked temporarily, but the problem continued to happen again. I then was on the phone on more than one occasion for up to an hour or more running through new drivers, BIOS updates etc. 10 months and multiple phone calls later, they told me I could pay them $99 for a repair kit, or send my computer back for a repair which could take up to 15 days for a turn around. I use my computer every day for work and neither of these "solutions" are acceptable. So less than a year later, I'm now looking to purchase a new laptop. Although polite, the customer service reps offer NO acceptable solutions. Do NOT purchase a Lenovo product! Save your money and purchase from a more reputable company.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Lenovo does not honor its warranty contracts. Having dealt with them on two separate issues, I truly believe their customer services reps are trained on how to avoid responding to customer service needs. Their reps do not answer the phone, return phone messages, or return emails. If service is important, I'd recommend going elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Advised by computer company to purchase the Lenovo E580 as the laptop is showcased as robust and can be moved around as I'm a contractor, this laptop needs to come with me. A week after I purchased the laptop Click Right Pt. Moody loaded the new Lenovo laptop windows and transferred files. I was called to come pick up the machine.

Upon getting this laptop home I fired her up and immediately noticed a flicker in the screen. Did not matter if I was on/off line or using a word doc, etc etc. I found this odd and called Click Right and they said to bring it in for a "stress" test? I was also taken aback the technician failed to notice the flicker or failed to notify me, it's one or the other. A week after returning the computer shop called and said the laptop no longer flickers but no repairs were made. Of course when I brought it home and fired it up guess what? The flicker was even more evident. Like WTF? I can't understand why the technician failed to notice the laptop is defective.

Now the real fun part begins. My laptop has been sent to Lenovo under warranty. Really like I haven't even had a chance to warm the paperweight up and it has to go in for warranty. I called Lenovo and wow was I in for a shock. Their archaic system is something I would have come across 20 years ago. Customer service is non-existent. I see a lot of the similar complaints especially of the flickering screen. This is an INFERIOR product and is not even worth the effort of being a paperweight. JUNK JUNK JUNK and I will never purchase another Lenovo product again. Guess how my reviews are going to go.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 for school because my Dell XPS finally gave up on after 10 years. Right after 3 weeks of purchase the screen started flickering. Since it was over the 15 days that Best Buy allows for a return, I decided to wait a couple weeks to send it in for repair since I have many reports and midterm to study for. This my only laptop at home and I tried to stretch it out till I didn’t need my laptop as much. It didn’t even last a week until the screen finally didn’t want to turn on. You can see the keyboard and power button lights up but LCD was just black. Now I have finals and final projects to do and don’t have my BRAND NEW LAPTOP that I paid over $800 dollars for. I can’t study at school because I have to take care of my daughter at home. Thanks Lenovo for screwing me over.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I want to like my X1. It’s light and sexy. From day one the camera would fail after a half of hour. It took 45 minutes on a call for the person to realize it was a hardware issue. Then the computer started to lock up and rebooting took 10 minutes after I got an error message. Quickly the new person said I needed to re-image. I repeatedly asked what was the problem. She couldn’t answer, all she could give me the solution. This last call like all the previous call was frustrating. The customer service people don’t know anything. They only read from a script. Often previous calls or actions are lost in their system. The order to send out a box to replace the camera was canceled. I’ve been on long holds only to be disconnected.

When I owned a Lenovo laptop a few years ago their support was amazing— very knowledgeable and helpful. This time around in a dozen calls, I can’t say I had one person who knew more than me— that’s not good. I don’t fault the reps; I fault Lenovo— they aren’t training their people. Unfortunately, I would not recommend the X1 even though I would like to. The product is not reliable, and the service is worse; I now wish I ordered an HP business laptop. My previous laptops were HP Elites— their reps are techs, they actually help.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Had performance issues and small issues since day 1. I even upgraded to SSD and still find the performance underwhelming for simple things (I'm not much of a PC gamer). I did a clean install of 8.1 Pro and then upgraded to 10. It is a little better, but now I see the screen is separating from the lid right above the camera. I have never dropped or abused this laptop at all. I honestly don't even use it much, so it's definitely a manufacturer defect, but luckily for me the warranty expired 3 months ago. :) I won't be buying another Lenovo. Update 10/30/18 So the hinge broke free from the display on both sides. That explains all the cracking sounds this thing has been doing since I've had it. Just do a search on Lenovo hinge issue and you'll see it's a well known defect (Especially with the Y50). Lenovo knew about the issue and did nothing to fix it. I will never purchase anything with the Lenovo or Motorolla brand since they own them now.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Flex 6 laptop stopped working after 6 months of light use on October 7, 2018. Lenovo says part to fix will not arrive until November 27, 2018. I have a 3-year Premier support contract for next-day onsite service. DO NOT BUY FROM LENOVO - products break under normal use and they do not honor their support contracts. Service Order #: **.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have Lenovo k8 note cell phone which I had bought in August 2017 and in November I had replaced my display because Yellow patch issue is there. Then in 2018 in from September I had visited service center four time. Still they are not able to resolve issue. They again replace display, motherboard and more part still heating, hanging, display and more issue is occurring. So please it's my humble request to everyone never buy this phone because very pathetic service provided by service center and Miss ** said from head department you have to submit your phone again as I already visited four time.

They are not providing replacement because my warranty get expire in coming days so after warranty expired they will say now you are not able for replacement. This is very pathetic response. You will not able to use any Lenovo phone properly because every time issue in phone so you have to drop your phone to service center which is not possible because service center is so long and we have work. I have also uploaded job sheet which is proof that I had visit service center four time and also head department is not taking any action.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I was very excited to purchase a new two in one laptop from Lenovo! However, sadly my happiness was very short lived. I purchased a new 2 in 1 laptop complete with every possible warranty, extra pens, and various Microsoft software as well as art and drawing software. I've been waiting to get just what I wanted. The laptop arrived with NO instructions or information at all. I turned it on and tried to log in and import some information from a previous laptop, I was able to get a few items, but not much. WHY? They (Lenovo) set up my computer with an email address that was set up as a workaround by the Microsoft store I had my previous computer repaired at. Did they ask me if I used that email? NO. Did I know they were going to set things up with this information? NO. Then they set up the basics but did not download any of the software I purchased!

I have attempted several times to contact them as they supposedly have a satisfaction guarantee, and on and on. I even took the day off so I could contact them, and was told they needed to have someone call me back!! BIGGEST PROBLEM - They have hours where they are ONLY open until 7 or 8 pm DEPENDING ON THE DEPARTMENT EASTERN STANDARD TIME! So, living on the West Coast, that means the time is 4 or 5 pm. I work until 5:30 pm then drive 45 min. home. I cannot get anyone to assist me with the product codes etc. from the software I purchased from this company because I have a job.

When I attempted to explain this problem to a supervisor this was his response. "I can't do anything about the hours of operation, you just need to find a friend or someone who can contact that department during business hours and give them access to your laptop and passwords!!!" YES, Believe it or not, this computer company who states on and on they are safe and helpful etc. refers people who purchase computers from them to "give someone else access to your computer and have them contact us!"

Then they go on to say I can't even speak to someone about returning this laptop that I can't access anything on because, you guessed it, they are only open until 5 pm EASTERN TIME M-F! So I have over $2,200 sitting in my house and with none of the software I purchased and set up with an email address that is sending messages to space, because it doesn't really exist! Never would I recommend this company!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Bought a Lenovo and received the laptop yesterday. Registered the computer. Need help transferring data from SSD to HDD on the laptop. Tech Support wants to charge me extra $100. I have a year no warranty. Disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I buy laptops before 1 month and we hardly use laptop 5 to 7 times and there occur problem in keyboard. In keyboard the right shift in combination with "C" can't work and mostly laptop hangs within one month. We go to service center and we also call customer care they take our laptop on remote (online keyboard test) but there are no solution of this problem. Then they ask us to replace keyboard. We don't want to replace keyboard in any condition because it's new laptop and it's under warranty and within one month there start occurring problems because it is previously defaulted piece and it is technical problem and it's can't be solved and we are students and we can't do anything more and we don't want defaulted piece... It's a defaulted piece made from company so they can't replace our laptop. We tell our problem with seller or service centre...they can't do our help... I never think this type of service give Lenovo with customers.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Do not buy a Lenovo unless you really REALLY can fix anything that breaks yourself. First, deceptive adds which offer up to $100 off and they add ("Yep, even on sale items") until you buy a sale item and find you were deceived and your item is not included. Second, tech support impossible to find, no phone number listed on their website, and if you can get through, they don't know the answers to difficult questions - like what to do when your new computer crashes. Third, other than that, a great laptop and a good price, I bought it from Lenovo website, but dread dealing with Lenovo and hope I never have to again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I purchased my Lenovo back on 07/24/2018 at Best Buy. The battery died before 2 weeks. I took the computer back to Best Buy and they only have a 14-day return policy. Best Buy gave me Lenovo phone number to contact customer care. I called and talked to a lady with customer care, she gave me a case number. I received an email: "Your Lenovo escalation (case number) has been assigned to your Customer Care Case Manager. They will be reaching out to you within the next business day at (phone number or gmail.com). Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you've encountered, and a sincere Thank You for your continued patience."

After this email I am thinking alright they are going to help me out. I get an email the next day saying: "Good morning. My name is Jason and I am a Case Manager with Lenovo here at the Customer Care Department. I am handling the escalated case concerning the referenced machine and I am sorry you are experiencing these battery issues with your IP 330s-15. Per the case notes I see you purchased your machine on 7-24-18. Could I please ask you provide me your proof of purchase so I may update the warranty dates accordingly to work on the necessary approvals for a refund. Thank you for your time and patience in this matter."

I sent the receipt per the request of Jason that same day. I have not heard back from Lenovo in regards to my refund. I have been emailing every week with no response. I would never let anyone I know buy one of these computers due to they do not honor the 30 day return policy or get back to the customer. The customer support team is rude and never answer emails or call back. Do not ever buy one of these computers. Now I am stuck with a $600.00 paperweight. How far is that. I would have gave no stars but no option for that. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE COMPUTERS.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

So, I recently purchased a Lenovo Legion Y530 (1st Generation/Non-RGB Keyboard) and I when I got it I loved it!!! Great design and was running optimally or so I thought. 51 Days in, I was playing a game online with a friend (Dead by Daylight) and all the sudden the display blacks out. The keyboard is still lit but not sure anything else is working 'cause I can't hear anything. I tried restarting the several times and nothing.

The next day, I call Lenovo Tech Support and they try and do some over the phone remedies but nothing. The technician suggested I send it to them after I receive the shipping label or print it out (whatever) since it was still 51-52 days into the 1-year warranty. Told him I prefer to carry it into a depot or an authorized location and told me to bring it into Best Buy's Geek Squad and they will cover it for free as they have a contract with Lenovo for technical and service repairs. Brought it in on 9/8/2018, they diagnose it as basically needing a LCD Panel part repaired or replace. It's less than 60 days old and I am already needing this sort of repair/replacement done??? So Best Buy has to send it to their main repair center in Kentucky and they will do the repairs there. They are not the issue.

So I call Lenovo to talk to them about my disappointment in a fairly new product which was customized and what they could possibly do about it. The customer service department was of no help and they tried to forward me to their Technical Support Department (of which I was disconnected and had to call back on my own) and then I expressed to the person there of my frustration for having a fairly new product and already experiencing a problem like this all while still paying for the device. The person said they would put in a ticket for escalation and someone would get back to me shortly. They have been the most helpful by the way with my issue throughout this whole ordeal.

Well someone did get back to me, probably about 3-5 business days after speaking with the Tech Support Department. However, the issue now is the Case Manager is offering to replace my defective laptop with a brand new more updated model with the same specs that I had on mine. At least that's how I understood it in his e-mail.

When I replied to his e-mail the same day (an hour or two after the initial e-mail), I never heard back from him. I had simple questions that needed clarification and I would have appreciated a timely response/update. This was all on 9/18/2018 and to this day... no correspondence whatsoever. I called their Tech Support number again on 9/20/2018 and they could not help me either and offered to e-mail the Case Manager to follow up. So I decided to call the number at the bottom of the Case Manager's e-mail in case he will respond that way and still nothing.

I tried reaching out to Lenovo's Tech Support via the website today (9/25/2018) option to chat and they too could not help me either. All the Tech Support Technicians have said is that my issue is already with the highest level and it's up to the Case Manager to discuss what happens next with my problem. I tried asking if I could speak to my Case Manager's boss or supervisor and they couldn't help.

I can't believe a company like this is not putting any effort into their customer service department. They should be ashamed of themselves for falsely advertising great products and "heaven forbid" something goes wrong with it, expect nothing to be done about it. You buy a lemon? Tough, now you own one. I have now been without my laptop for 2 1/2 weeks. With the repairs that Geek Squad is scheduled to do on it in the next few days, I may be without it for another week and 1/2. If I receive the defective laptop before I get a response, they will surely hear from me again (the Case Manager and the Lenovo's Customer Service) and possibly report them to the BBB. They simply cannot operate like this. It should be in a disclaimer somewhere stated that they have a bad customer service department and horrible response times. Would I buy another Lenovo? HELL NO!!! Too bad too because I loved the laptop.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

For over a month, I've been trying to place an order for a 530S. First 2 attempts yielded in my order getting canceled without any explanation whatsoever. Once I pressed the issue with customer service, I was told there was a security issue related to the personal information that was tied to the credit card I was using to make my purchase. Lenovo provided no clarification as to which information was in question.

Ok fine. Let's try this one last time... I placed yet another order and even advised the rep that if there were any issues regarding my identity or personal information, that I'd be willing to provide their credit dept. proof of residency, utility bill and a scan of my Canadian passport, if needed. On my third attempt the order went through. Yay! The rep advised that there would be a 7 to 10 day delay before I receive the 530s.

20 days later and still no movement on the status of my order. Called Lenovo and was told that my order was pending a credit investigation. Seriously Lenovo? It's a freaking $900 laptop, not a Porsche. Their CSR framework, for the most part, is run out of a call centre in the Philippines... also manned by a bunch of vehemently clueless script reading drones they call customer care specialist. This was my first and last attempt to own a Lenovo product. Never before have I experienced such a horrendous customer experience. Order has been canceled. Bye Lenovo.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

There needs to be an option for 0 stars. For the short version: 1.) They constantly have "technical issues." My order was cancelled 3 times (see below for full story). 2) No one knows anything. None of any of the people I talked to knew anything. All they knew was that they didn't know and they couldn't find out. 3) Lenovo representatives REFUSE to allow you to talk to anyone who might know something. I have asked multiple representatives multiple times to be able to speak with someone who knows why my orders were cancelled and every time I was told I can't talk to anyone. 4) No one follows up at Lenovo. I was told the review team would contact me within 24-48 business hours. That was 9 days ago (7 business days) and no one has contacted me. Additionally, at least 3 of the reps told me they would follow up and none of them have. 5) 18 days later I never got a laptop or an explanation. I will be buying a Dell.

Full story: I originally ordered a Lenovo on 09/03/2018 during their Labor Day sale. 3 days later (just after the sale was over) I received an email telling me the order was cancelled with no reason as to WHY. I talked to an online representative at Lenovo who told me they didn't know WHY, but they would connect me with a sales representative. That person also didn't know why the order was cancelled, but offered to order it himself. He told me he was unable to give me the sale price because of "technical issues" with Lenovo's website and the best he could do was over $100 more. I needed the laptop for school, so I agreed. He started to take the order, then told me there was an issue because I wanted to use a debit card to pay.

According to their rep, Lenovo doesn't take debit cards for payment, but instead of saying that on their website they way they deal with it is that the site accepts the cards, then they cancel your order without reason by email several days later. As a student I don't have a credit card (honestly, I don't buy things I don't have money for and I've never had a problem with my debit card) so I asked if it would be alright to use a friend's credit card (the friend agreed to let me give him a check for the amount). The sales rep said it would be fine and placed the order himself.

If that was the end, I wouldn't be NEARLY this mad. But, a few days later, the order was cancelled again. Again I contacted Lenovo and again I was told no one could tell me why, but this time I was promised someone would contact me within 24-48 hours from a review team who could tell me what had happened. 48 hours later, (Friday evening before "business hours" were over) no one had contacted me so I contacted Lenovo a third time online. I was told I couldn't talk to anyone who knew why the order was cancelled, that the rep didn't know why I hadn't been contacted, that they wouldn't provide me with any way to contact someone who did know, and that the only thing I could do was to wait until Monday for someone to contact me. I called their phone customer service and was told the same thing.

Why, you might ask, did I continue dealing with Lenovo? Because I had now missed the Labor Day sales and the Dell I wanted to buy was $700 more than the price that Lenovo refused to honor, but that the reps kept promising they would TRY to almost match (again, it was still more expensive). So while waiting for someone to contact me from Lenovo a friend who works for a large company used his discount to buy a laptop and have it shipped to me (with me paying him for the laptop). Less than a day later HIS order was cancelled (his card was charged and credited).

So I contacted Lenovo YET AGAIN online. Again no one knows why any of the orders were cancelled and again no one knows why no one has contacted me. Again they refuse to let me talk to anyone who can tell me anything. But I have been assured if I purchase it again someone will make sure it isn't cancelled and that someone would follow up with me. None of any of the previous reps have followed up with me. Their own review department that was supposed to contact me within 24-48 hours (it's been 9 days, 7 business days or 168 "business" hours) never bothered to. Forgive me if I don't trust that anyone will follow up.

So to recap. It is now 09/21/2018. That is 18 days since my original order. Three orders, one made by me, one made by one of their own sales reps, and one made by a friend were all cancelled without any explanation. Of all of the people I've talked to on the phone and online, none of them have been able to tell me WHY the order was cancelled. None of the 3 reps who told me they would personally follow up have. There is no evidence to support that Lenovo even has a review team as no one contacted me within 9 days and there is apparently no way for any mere consumer to contact to them. The only solutions Lenovo representatives will offer are 1) wait or 2) re-order. And to top it off, the one time I did agree to reorder Lenovo wouldn't honor the price I was originally offered because of "technical issues."

There is no discount worth the amount of time or energy in trying to order a laptop from Lenovo or get a straight answer from anyone at that company. Buy a Dell, a Mac or a Huawei. Lenovo clearly doesn't want to sell laptops. After literally hours (I'm not being hyperbolic here) of time talking with their reps I still don't have a laptop or any answers. Save your money, save your time, save your sanity. STAY AWAY from Lenovo.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I bought a brand new laptop from an Amazon retailer. As soon as I got the device I knew something was wrong as the screen would blink when the laptop heated up. I had several conversations with Lenovo tech support and nothing worked to fix it. It actually got worse. I was told I had to send in my device for repair. Ridiculous to have to send in a BRAND NEW DEVICE FOR REPAIR. It was less than 30 days old. Tried to return it and the retailer would do anything. Today I tried to call Lenovo customer service to see the status of my device.

NO HELP AT ALL. Couldn't tell me when I'm getting my device back and only just kept saying. "I'm sorry," and telling me what they were repairing. I will never buy another Lenovo device because they are apparently pieces of crap that come broken and getting things repair really takes a very long time. I bought this device for school work and I can't use it for what I need because it is in the black hole of their repair shop. Bad service and crappy products.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

It's been a month now since I contacted Lenovo to fix my laptop (had a hard disk issue, would not start up). I am in LA, and they said they are currently restructuring, so they will make an appointment to come on to my location and fix it. I was patient, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks... I started calling them, almost everyday. It was painful and frustrating, excuse after excuse.

First it was a part they forgot to ship, then they shipped but it hadn't arrived. Then it arrived but hadn't picked up from FedEx. Suddenly I get an update, "repair complete" yet nobody has even contacted me. Then I was told that was an automated message... (mistake)??? They claim they contacted me (THEY DIDN'T. I CAN PROVIDE PHONE LOGS FROM MY PHONE COMPANY.) Every single day it's a different excuse. Meanwhile, I now had to buy another laptop because I need to use a laptop everyday. The customer service is horrible, they are not directly in touch with the local service center, they have to contact someone else, who in turn contacts the local service center. And they won't give me the contact of the local service center. I am really frustrated and I WOULD NEVER NEVER buy a Lenovo laptop ever.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I had 'power option' failure issues, which I called numerous times about and in the end, they told me to restore my pc to factory and re-install Windows. I attempted to do, but while I was doing that, my motherboard crashed and had to send it in for repair. There was no communication which was not initiated by myself... And when I did get through to someone all they would tell me it was 'in progress. After about 6-7 weeks, I received my laptop - motherboard repaired, but original issues (power options failure issues) remained and when I called, I originally talked about getting a replacement but quickly changed my mind as I did not want to go through the service repair, like I already went through.

About 10 days I spoke to 2nd level Supervisor (last name unknown but ID number is ** and told I wanted a refund, and she said she'd put me in for one. Then I started getting calls from 1st level manager (Chidinma Customer Care Case Manager - phone number **) who I kept verbally tried to force a replacement after I told him about 8 times (in 3 phone calls spread over 4 days). He said he can't give me a refund and when I ask him to escalate to someone who can get me a refund he said no one could get me a refund and he threatened (twice) to close my case if I didn't accept the replacement.

I've been trying to reach Supervisor Robin (**) through both telephone technical support and online chat support, the last two days simultaneously, but she had already left for the day. Today I was doing both simultaneously and was in queue / on hold for 90 minutes and could not get through, in time, to talk to her. (By the way, she was the only one when we first talked that actually talked to me like a human being.) When I spoke to Chidinma he did not know that satisfaction was guaranteed. They say satisfaction is guaranteed. It must be Lenovo's satisfaction, because it's obviously not mine -- THE CUSTOMER! PS I only gave it a one star rating because there was no option for a no star (or worse) rating!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Broke after 32 days. I have wrote my statement at least four times. This is my fifth time. The laptop keep messing up. This laptop is awful. I went back. They gave me another new one and it broke too.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I bought a new Ideapad 720S (13”, AMD) in April 2018 based on some reviews from the official site (most of them positive). Now, after 5 months of intense use (for professional and personal purposes), I feel like the equipment has some good points and some bad ones. I'm in general unsatisfied with the product, here are some reasons: Consistency: Ideapad 720S (13”, AMD) seems at first to fully work, however, it often freezes and restarts by itself, sometime in the middle of a task, and well, I just lost all my work (at least for 4 times it happened). It seems like a software problem.

Internet connection: here is the worst part of it, it's 2018 and almost all the actions I do with my Ideapad 720S (13”, AMD) involves the internet. I read about the AMD processor capabilities with the internet being weaker than the traditional Intel, and it's in fact, really poor. Sometimes I can rarely watch a video without a interruption (even that my internet speed is excellent). Videos: I watch some videos on Youtube quite often, and the pages always get frozen and stop playing the video. I've updated all the programs and nothing. I read somewhere that's might be related to the poor processor as well. So overall, the hardware is great, the battery works fine, but the most important thing about a laptop is its functionality, and Ideapad 720S (13”, AMD) has been a disappointment for me. I wouldn't recommend this product.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Please do NOT buy a Lenovo Yoga 730 from this company. If you google, you will see SEVERAL others who encountered the same issues as me. 1. Within days my Lenovo could not stay connected to ANY WiFi for more than 10 minutes without me having to reconnect. I tried 8 different WiFi channels over my first month. Oh wait, my ONLY month because that’s how long it lasted. 2. After an update, my laptop lost SOUND capability. And I don’t mean it was muted or an issue where I could uninstall or reinstall. System restore couldn’t even fix it because the update completely erased my sound software system that was installed in my laptop. You know, the one that came with the computer. You will find many others with this same issues over the past 6 months and NO help from Lenovo in resolving this issue after THEIR update screwed it up.

3. VERY SLOW operating system and many glitches. Funny enough, over the first few weeks my laptop would have “blackout” screen glitches and when I googled SO MANY PEOPLE have the SAME issue. Some have been able to continue normally, and some have a permanent black screen. Well have 4 weeks of this **, my laptop screen is now black. It will stay on for less than 5 seconds when turned on. I can’t get to any restoration program in time which leads me to believe it’s yet again, a software glitch since it DOES turn on for 4 seconds before going completely black.

I will forever curse the Best Buy sales representative who not only lied to me about a couple things when selling it to me (I had to go back to resolve the issue), but always highly recommended this laptop and said he knew of NO issues associated with it. When the customer service rep checked me out she asked me 3 times if I wanted the warranty and if I was sure and now it all makes sense. She knew. I will never purchase from Best Buy again. I will never purchase a Lenovo again. And I highly recommend you never purchase one either if you want to get your money's worth. I have never felt so frustrated in my life. And no I am NOT made of money. I’m so upset. I need this for work.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I bought a laptop 4 months ago and the hard drive crashed within 4 weeks of owning it. The customer support rep was very rude and seemed to imply the issue on a brand new machine was my fault. She sent a replacement hard drive but it had no software on it so I was still unable to use it. So I called again and the next representative was equally rude and seemed very bothered by my questions. I have gotten zero apologies for a terrible experience and have to fix my own laptop which is obviously a terrible product. Their "support" team is rude and unhelpful. I will NEVER buy anything from Lenovo again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Lenovo took my laptop for repair on June 25th 2018, would not give an update, after 20 calls I was told I had to wait for their escalations dept in NC to call me. No one ever called, filed claim with BBB then someone emailed me from Lenovo saying they could not get any info about my laptop, they sent me a crappy replacement and now again won't return my calls... DO NOT BUY FROM LENOVO. They treat their customer horribly and won't return calls. No one ever told me what happened to my laptop. I lost everything on it, and they don't care...

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

My experience with a Lenovo Flex 3 has been less than satisfactory. It is extremely slow loading sites on the internet. My Samsung Ipad is 3 times faster. I have tried numerous times to get in touch with Lenovo support but with zero results. I do not recommend ANY Lenovo products.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Had for 2 months before it was done. It's a cheap model, but it's so slow out of the box it takes 5 minutes to load windows 10, and sometimes freezes because its overloaded just booting up. That's of course for the few weeks it worked. Treated like a baby, never left my bedroom but keyboard stopped working, apparently a common problem, so I had to use a plug in one from a desktop on my seven week old laptop. A week later the screen quit. So mad I took it outside and beat it to pieces with a hammer and set it on fire. Second Lenovo I've had, second that was a pile factory new. No more Lenovos for me.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My computer is just a year old. Motherboard has been replaced 2 times and now needs a 3rd one, and I can't get them to provide service for this unit again. Will not call back. Took 2 months for a repair. All aspects of customer service are HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

DO not do business with this company. I pay $4500.00 for my kid laptop with extend warranty and they have me waiting for five days so I will have to buy another laptop but not from these crooks. I will go to Microsoft instead of crooked LENOVO.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Absolute NIGHTMARE ordering experience! Do yourself a favor and google "Lenovo cancelled my order". Lenovo has a habit of cancelling orders already made, especially when you get a deal during a sale. I bought several computers for my business during the Labor Day sale. Sure enough, two days later got an email saying my order was cancelled. I called Lenovo and that gave me the typical vague response that it was cancelled for "security reasons or because of your email address". However, they could not give me an exact reason my order was cancelled. After being on the phone with sales representative Latressa ** she told me she would call me back in 10 minutes after she reordered everything. Never heard back. Needless to say, take your money to DELL. It's worth spending a couple extra bucks for reliable customer service.

Lenovo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

• Best for: Lenovo computers are best for casual users, businesses, home offices and gamers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs