Lenovo

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I loaded Microsoft student on my new Y700 that the VA sent me and Excel will not work. I've tried un-installing it a number of times, just won't work. Confirmed for me what "Lowest Bidder" means when the government is involved.

Lenovo Tab S8 50F - I initially purchased at PC world March/April 2016. After one week it wouldn't charge. Brought it back. Wouldn't refund for new one as they said it wasn't Lenovo policy. They took it and sent to Lenovo. It came back and within a couple of weeks the same happened... I returned it again within 8 weeks. I didn't even bother bringing it traveling, seemed pointless. I've just returned from traveling and it takes 10 minutes to boot up and then can't do anything on it. What a useless waste of money.

I purchased this laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 500) in December of 2015. I have had 2 ThinkPads previously and really liked the durability of those machines. With this purchase, I knew I didn't need such a fancy machine. The machine ran excellent, never a problem, well, except for the fact that the keyboard cover was slightly loose when I purchased it. I just assumed that's why Best Buy as selling it so cheaply. My warranty expired on Feb. 17, 2017. A week later, my computer began to function slowly. It would freeze up constantly. I purchased more Malwarebytes protection thinking that would help. But no, the more stuff I put onto the computer the more it got slow. I haven't even used a 1/4 of the memory. I'm just not a heavy computer user.

A couple of weeks ago, I couldn't even open apps. Then I started getting error messages at the start-up and prompts telling me to insert the recovery disc. This machine never came with a disc! Finally the screen just went dark. I called customer service and after reading other reviews, although I knew I wasn't going to get far with them, but for the sake of following best protocol, I figured I'd better just call. Someone from another country tried to sell me another warranty so I could ship my computer to Lenovo for them to have a look.

My sense, given all the bad reviews of this machine, is that they already know the problem. Long story short and $250 later I ended up with a new hard drive. Now the screen is going dim. This machine design is crap. I will NEVER purchase Lenovo again based on this very experience. There is no formal complaint line or email for Lenovo, so I will continue to place my reviews wherever I can and encourage folks who are having the same issue to do the same.

This Lenovo 10150 C560 All-In-One desktop computer is the WORST computer I've ever had!! CONSTANTLY freezes up, cursor disappears at the opening of the menu screen, shuts itself down from time to time, etc. Whatta piece of raw junk! And actually just about from day one. We've had the geeks work on it time and time and time again and it continues to revert to its original lousy state. I will NEVER buy a Lenovo ANYTHING again! All you good folks out there that are considering this computer... beware!

8 months into owning my Lenovo Yoga laptop I experienced a hard drive failure. I brought the computer to my regular computer repairman. He began dealing with Lenovo 5 WEEKS ago. After 3 weeks Lenovo sent the computer back as repaired. He turned it on to find a black screen and no function whatsoever. He gave them an ultimatum to either replace the computer or send an onsite repair man within 72 hours. It took Lenovo another 5 days to respond to him and the response is completely unacceptable to me at this time. The email states that the system does not qualify for replacement yet, that they will send an onsite repair man within a WEEK OR TWO. Parts may be back ordered and it could take longer.

This was our 5th Lenovo computer and will likely be our last. I have no issue with the fact the hard drive failed. Things happen. What matters most to me is the way businesses handle problems when they arise. In this case Lenovo has failed miserably showing no consideration for the fact that I use this computer for work, 5 weeks is not an appropriate amount of time to solve a problem, and the email from the customer care manager states that "this is their final determination into this matter and they will not be able to provide an alternate resolution at this time." When calling to discuss with the case manager I received voice mail that essentially said use email if I wish to follow up on this matter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

I HATE Lenovo and everyone that works there. I hate everything that has to do with Lenovo. Their products are made in China and their computers are only good on their paid advertisements. My screen has keyboard marks, my right click doesn't click. They sent me a replacement only for new problems to arise. I called customer support just to realize what I went through last time wasn't worth it. Under warranty, I had to wait 6 weeks to get my broken laptop back and everyone including the case manager is TERRIBLE at trying to help you. I don't have any words to actually describe how bad I hate this company, their computers, and their customer service.

After having the computer (ThinkPad Laptop) for three months - the cursor was jumping all over the page - making it impossible to correspond or write a report without incredible difficulty and TIME. I finally found the correct contact information for the repair of the computer. They shipped me a box, and I returned it for the repair. I was told it would be a 5 day turnaround... That was WEEKS ago. The part that died was the track pad... which is currently on backorder from CHINA! The Lenovo company has been IMPOSSIBLE to deal with and offered to send back the computer unfixed if I was so unhappy! The time frame that I was finally able to extract... and I mean extract from one miserable customer service person was anywhere from 1-2 weeks to over a month...

They have no way of knowing when the parts will arrive! I was told I could escalate my repair to a ** and all that got me was more emails stating the same thing... it's in for repair and the repair order is on HOLD due to parts being on backorder. WORST COMPUTER I'VE EVER BOUGHT... and the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE or lack thereof I've ever dealt with! I am a business person who also attends college... and they couldn't care less! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and DON'T BUY THESE PRODUCTS... so not worth the trouble!

I bought this laptop and after realizing the keyboard was not going to work for me based on the odd placement of the shift key, I immediately set to return the product. The person helping me asked if I was interested in possibly checking out another laptop for an exchange instead of a return. He told me to take my time with deciding on the new laptop option and if I didn't want it, I could then go through with the return. After multiple attempts to reach him again about the return with no luck, I called the customer service line again to officially make the return.

I was then told that I was out of the time frame for any returns and it would not be processed. I escalated the matter and was given a case manager, Greg. Greg has never returned my calls or emails. Apparently for the entire company there is only ONE PERSON that can help me, but he never answers his phone or returns calls. Now I have to take time out of every day to make a call to get this resolved. Poor customer service!

One of our laptop's hard drive crashed. It was a Windows 10 however when they sent me a new hard drive they only gave me a Windows 8 recovery CD. I used the recovery CDs and now the machine is prompting me for a new CD key. It's been 10 days and I still get thrown around technical support for a new CD key. I don't understand how this company is still in business. It's a simple hard drive repair and reformat. I continue to be thrown around their call center. Georgia, India, Georgia, India. I just want the CD key that came with the machine!

Right when I unpacked the laptop the buttons on the trackpad wouldn't work at all. At first I thought it was a fluke, I disabled, re-enabled and checked the driver to make sure it was updated and working, the computer told me it was. So the issue with my brand new laptop is the hardware. I don't have any warranty information because I simply can't find that anywhere, and yes I've reset my laptop. In addition, it is incredibly slow. I know it's only quad core i3 but it can take up to 20 minutes to boot and get on the internet let alone run anything that takes a bit more cpu or gpu. It frequently will soon after being turned on, so no it's not from overheating turn off abruptly and suddenly in the middle of my doing something. It makes a small high pitched power down sound when it does and a small faint click. I've checked the drivers, it's not a virus because it's new and I have anti-virus. Also I'm not dumb enough to go on sketchy sites.

And I know you're going to recommend I hold the power button, which I've done, press it repeatedly which I've done, and remove the battery, which requires tools and partial dis-assembly on this model which is stupid. This laptop was made from cheap garbage and it isn't worth a quarter of what was paid. Yes it was bought from an official site, but nothing works right on it, since the moment I got it. When it powers down I've had to wait up to 6 hours before it'd turn on. It says it's charging, and the laptop does this at like 90% battery. It's kept in optimal conditions, and always able to vent. But is unresponsive altogether when it does this.

It's garbage, and I'm doing this as a warning, don't cheap out and buy from Lenovo. They'll come broken or break soon from their flimsy materials and piss poor specs. They make just as much as other companies because they use crap materials. They have about the same profit per unit. It's worth another 100 to get a Dell. My bottom of the barrel desktop that was made cheap and designed in 07 functions better than my "new" laptop.

First of all I have had Geek Squad on here 3 times and they will not remove the Lenovo info that is changing my information plus I do banking on phone and computer. The Cricut Craft Room and Cricut Design. They are staying here. I want google chrome for my home page as I do mostly scrapbooking and card making and they are always on. So please give me your permission to take them off entirely. I am very tired of their **. So may I delete him to its entire. I bought the computer at Best Buy in Inver Grove Heights, MN and they also have looked at this machine.

I purchased a Thinkpad at a very high price tag thinking I was getting quality. I also thought I had a decent warranty but after calling when I had a problem after installing Office they said it only covered hardware. They preload the computer with tons of garbage and useless apps stealing our personal information that isn't compatible with the programs a business person really needs and they cause all kinds of problems and then won't help you with it and they and sell you some worthless software support plan with people from the Philippines that don't even speak English!

Now they have a known driver issue, ADMITTED THEY HAVE AN ISSUE and my touch screen and DOESN'T WORK AT ALL and they basically send you around the mulberry bush with one excuse after the other with no intentions on ever helping the consumer and basically have told me they sell a computer with a warranty that only covers it turning on! So I have a computer that only half works! Stay away, buyer beware!!! They warranty absolutely nothing else!!! So don't buy a Lenovo unless you want to end up with a giant paper weight because that is what I have and they don't care!!!

My Lenovo Edge 15 fell apart at the rear hinge and when closing it, the screen broke. The cover separated from the screen. My computer never leaves the house except to get it repaired twice under warranty. The hinge failing is obviously a design flaw, but Lenovo will not repair it and do not have a provision for failing hardware situations. I would never recommend purchasing their product. I was told to take it to a local technician. Not much about customer service.

We bought three Lenovo desktop machines late last year and one failed within six months. They sent out a repair guy twice who was useless and hadn't got a clue how to fix it. When he gave up he arranged for Lenovo to take it away. That's the last we've seen of the machine. They tell lies on the phone, promise to ring you back then don't. Ignore emails and fob you off when you do get through on the phone.

They are now saying they are waiting for a part. Lenovo one of the biggest PC manufacturers apparently can't get its hands on an Intel i7 CPU. It’s just nonsense. We bought the three machines off eBuyer who wouldn't help us and re-directed me to Lenovo so that's it for them as well. If this is their idea of customer service they can stick it. One bitten, twice shy as it goes. Both Lenovo and Ebuyer won't see another penny from my company after this. They'll happily take your money and if something goes wrong you'll wish you had bought another brand.

Just another bunch of incompetent greedheads preying on the vulnerable. This actually is Lenovo Premium Support, to which I turned in desperation. At least eight times I tried to set up an account. Every time it posted "address incorrect." The address is accurate. It is accurate beyond question. It's Premium Support that's **. I'm going to call them tomorrow with a question: If you can't even handle a street address, how will you be able to fix a computer, which is only about 2 million times as complicated?

Lenovo ideaCentre flex 20 - Horrible, horrible product. Do NOT purchase. My keyboard doesn't work, my mouse the cursor is all over the screen clicking on items all by itself. Forget about calling customer service, they are useless! They try to force you into paying exorbitant fees for issues with their product. Never will I ever purchase anything with Lenovo on it! I've been dissatisfied since the minute I made my purchase. The only good thing about the item is its appearance & that one star was because the rating is required so I had to give a star. Horrible, horrible product! Will be throwing in the trash shortly. A waste of my money!

My power cord shorted out while under warranty. Tech dept said I would have one in three days business days (annoying that I could not find a Lenovo cord in Los Angeles - not even Best buy had in stock.). No e-mail confirmation was sent. A week passed - I called again - not easy to get connected to correct dept - nothing had been ordered. Spent a great deal of time starting over, only to be told that this had to be sent to an upper level for approval which could take several days! After throwing a fit (can't charge my laptop) - was told someone would call me back in three hours and I would receive an e-mail. Neither happened. Called back today. The whole case had been cancelled!!!! Had to start over. They say I'll have it in three days.

This Lenovo Edge 2 I got at Best Buy (on the STRONG recommendation of the sales person, who also recommended that it was better to get one without a CD DVD drive - and then insisted on selling me one of those) is the worst laptop I have ever owned. Just when I think I get one issue resolved, another one pops up. Lenovo won't help, Best Buy is just happy that they unloaded such a piece of junk on an obvious easy target (a retired person on social security). I just wish I had read other reviews before I bought this paperweight.

I know I am naive, and obviously, gullible, but don't these people feel badly about having no sense of responsibility for putting out an obviously defective product. Sadly, I still have to make payments to BEST BUY. Like making payments on a wrecked car. I have decided to post a notice on our neighborhood website (37 large neighborhoods) and hope I can prevent someone else from trusting this company's products and the people who unload them on unsuspecting customers. Shame on them.

After half year of using Lenovo S660 I had some problem missing the network all time. Before I pull out the battery and put it again back... after searching the forums, I was not alone. It’s the worst phone I have ever own. Poor technology and ** customer support.

We bought a computer for my husband's schooling abroad. Before he moved, we found that it was defective so it was taken back to the store to be repaired 3 times. The 4th time, we were told we needed to mail it to Lenovo, which was done. We received it back a few weeks later still not properly functioning. We tried and tried through every possible communication method to receive the help we needed and had been told we would contacted the day we were moving out. We left 3 messages on the phone, and emailed our case manager.

My husband flew out to New Zealand to start classes. While trying to use the computer, it would crash every 15 minutes, and he asked me to see what I could do about it because I was still in the country for a while. I emailed the case manager again and gave her all our information, to which I received no reply. I chatted online with a team member and forwarded the email to her, and was told that the case manager would be advised and contact me in 24 hours, which she did not, so I emailed the team member from chat to tell her, and I received no reply to that either. On the phone, the people in customer service said 'I understand ma'am' but would not do anything to help. They refused to have the product replaced and said we needed to send it in for another repair attempt.

After insisting and insisting, I was sent to a supervisor who told me all the same things and that WE would have to PAY the international shipping costs to send it in for another attempt at fixing it (not only did he say this, but then he interrupted me by repeating several times that 'there are NO exceptions'), which I found absolutely ridiculous for the reasons that it was their product that had never worked and would cost a lot of time and money to mail it back, and we had tried our best to get it dealt with BEFORE the move overseas. We were also pretty skeptical that a 5th repair would do any more than the previous 4 had done. Having this computer repaired had already cost a lot of time and now that my husband is in full time classes, we just did not have the ability to pay through the nose to mail in a brand new computer we had already paid through the nose for to see if by some miracle it would be fixed the 5th time.

This man then right out refused to pass me to the next level of customer service and told me that any action he took or that I could take may not do anything. I have never felt so completely disgusted at 'customer service'. Through insisting, which he resisted and resisted, I had him send the case to a different case manager, and guess what? No contact was made!! I was beaten and completely wanted to just give up and buy a new laptop, but it felt wrong to let any company get away with treating their 'valued customers' that way.

Maybe their products are good (usually) but I will NEVER buy Lenovo again because their customer service is deplorable. I was defeated and felt like this was their strategy so that they could get out of providing service to their customers. Lucky for me, as a last-ditch effort, I decided to try contacting the company we bought it from who must have a bit more leeway than me, and our story somehow ended happily. I guess Lenovo cares about keeping peace with them. Just not their little customers.

Lenovo has held my computer hostage for nearly a month. I call to find out when I can get a working computer, after two hours, I still have no idea. They act like you are inconveniencing them by calling, or emailing one of their customer service managers, Amy **. Her response on my request to overnight a computer by the end of the day was, "we don't do that. Sorry. I was out of the office yesterday."

My computer is only 100 days old and does not load for Hrs. Call tech support and does round and round with diagnose which takes 45 minutes every time. Made service request and followed with many no response yet.

I bought the Lenovo Yoga 710-15IKB Laptop (ideapad) - Type 80V50009US from Best Buy on 25th Nov 2016 and was very happy with the laptop. Suddenly in mid Jan 2017, the audio stopped working. The customer support on call was unable to figure out the problem and asked me to mail them the laptop. I mailed the laptop on 16th Jan and it was received by them on 20th Jan. As they take 5 to 7 business days to solve the issue, I called them on 30th Jan as there was no reply from them. While talking to them, they mention that my audio card was faulty and they would replace it but the part would arrive after 27th of February. I asked them that I cannot wait for a month so I asked them if they would send me a replacement instead. They followed up with my case. One more week gone, I called them again asking what's the status and they followed up my case again.

On 10th February, I called them again since they had still not responded and cancelled my service request without informing me. I escalated the matter and was assigned a case manager named Mr. **. After repeated follow-ups, I received an email with a replacement offer of another laptop (not the same model as I previously had). I refused to accept this even though this was more expensive than the laptop which I bought. I asked for a refund on February 15th and even submitted my receipt of purchase. Since then, I have been calling them every day and still not received any response from Mr. **.

Remember the laptop is with them. I have been following up every single day and Lenovo or Mr. ** have no decency to take this seriously and initiate the refund. This has been the worst experience of customer support. All I want is my refund and it's 41 days and counting. Don't know when will I receive this but I am sure that I will never buy nor recommend anyone to buy Lenovo products. Hope this review helps.

Save your money. Don't buy a Lenovo Laptop G50. Worst computer I have ever owned. Constant internet disconnecting problems, had to resort to taking out battery after several attempts to connect. Several times online with techs trying this and that. Finally had it sent back to factory, on my dime even though still under warranty ($50). Came back fairly quickly but still having connection problems. Now there is an error code 0x80072EE2 when trying to connect and warning saying 10 drivers are out of date. Did they not see that at the factory??? Geez. Now, guess what, the warrant has expired. Just saying, don't get sucked in to a LENOVO.

My first Yoga 12 was defective from the start. The battery wouldn't charge when connected to AC power. Newegg was fantastic in replacing the computer. A refund though would have been a better choice. The next one I received worked for a month before the computer quit working. The screen went black and never came back. The service department was helpful, but I still don't have a working laptop and won't for more than a week. Don't bother buying a Yoga 12, especially if you need it everyday.

I'd say what adds to the overall impression of any of these products is its company transparency and customer service interface. Lenovo happens to have the worst setup I've ever come across. No company email address available anywhere on any platform. One has no other option but to call to get information related to Lenovo products. It's even harder if one doesn't have the product being inquired on. The website is equally vague. All product specs have the non-committal "up to" which basically means the number could be anything between zero and the maximum. Overall an evasive and vague front and one has to question the authenticity of Lenovo products.

I placed an order at the Lenovo Official Website for a Yoga 710 laptop and other accessories on February 17, 2017. The receipt transmitted back to me showed that the orders will be shipped in "1- 3 business days". I checked the status of my orders on their online Order Visibility Portal this afternoon (February 21, 2017) and it showed that it was due to be shipped on February 20, 2017, but it was still not shipped. I chatted online with a Service Rep who confirmed that it was still pending shipment but couldn't tell when that will be.

This is just a horrible way to do business. I have done hundreds of online purchases and my orders were shipped by companies on the date promised or earlier than the dates promised. Lenovo, on the other hand, can't be trusted to do the same. The online Service Rep I chatted with did not offer any resolution to the issue. I guess she expects me to just wait whenever Lenovo comes around to shipping my order at their pleasure and leave customers fuming on the other end. What a horrid company.

Worst experience of customer service and was mislead by a not clear description of the 3YR Onsite + ADP (Accidental Damage Protection) bundled package. Unresponsive case manager until I posted complaint on the online forum of the Lenovo website. I have a thread going on the forum so probably easier to read all I wrote on the forum. Don't purchase the 3YR Onsite + ADP without reading the fine print and terms because Lenovo will refuse to come on site and repair for most common accidents. You will be forced to send unit into the depot anyway, and say goodbye to your laptop for at least several weeks while it gets shipped off into the black hole somewhere.

Bought computer(Yoga 3 Pro-1370) in May 2015. Product's screen and keyboard showed sporadic outages but after re-booting problem went away, for a while. Computer died January 2016, still under warranty and motherboard was replaced in March (two months to repair!). Same computer problems cropped up again in Sept. of 2016. Computer died in January 2017. Lenovo will not repair under warranty since item was purchased in 2015. Mind you the computer has not worked very well at all the first year, died the first year and was repaired the first year. The repair didn't last one year. Customer service tells me they'll fix it but I have to pay. Why would I put more money into this product? I feel their repair should last longer than 10 months! Lenovo has lost a customer and I won't be shy about telling anyone else I can contact.

My brand new Lenovo H50-55 PC won't turn on. After two days of holding the on button for 15 seconds, unplugging, replugging... no power. I took it to a PC repair shop because the horrible people at Office Max were most unhelpful. They fiddled with it for two days, then it magically powered up with no explanation. I bring the PC home and two days later, no power again. So, I take off the back, unhook the power supply myself, reconnect and it turns on. Do I have to do this every time? A new computer ought to be able to turn on.

Also, why is Lenovo holding me hostage with the worst search engine on the planet (BING!)? I have tried everything to make Google my search engine, but their proprietary programming keeps reverting to the dreaded Bing. I spent too much on this computer a month ago to be having these problems. I would not recommend Lenovo desktops to anybody unless you like pain and drama.

Compare Computer Brands