Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.88/5

Lenovo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have the Lenovo 27" AIO, quad core I7 processor, 16 gig memory, one TB hard drive, optical drive. Came with Win 10 home, which I upgraded to Win 10 Pro. The display is excellent, sound is good, optical drive works, but is flimsy. I particularly like the lack of a separate box for the guts of the machine. I got it on sale at Costco at an excellent price point. A good solid fast machine at any price. I recommended it to my son in law and he is quite happy with it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Purchased my third Laptop from Lenovo. I had several problems with my 2nd Ideapad Flex 15 such as a Touchpad that worked intermittently and speakers with very little volume. Lenovo replaced the TouchPad, but the problem existed. They also replaced the speakers, but it didn't help. Last attempt was to replace the Motherboard. After replacing the Motherboard the TouchPad and Speakers continued to have issues. The new Motherboard didn't allow the battery to charge as needed and according to Tech Support additional Motherboards were no longer available for this 4 month old computer so the extended warranty I purchased was useless. In order to resolve the issues I had to contact the Better Business Bureau.

Lenovo offered to refund my money or provide me another like computer. They offered me a ThinkPad P15v which is a cheaper version of the ThinkPad 15P. I chose this computer because it had a little faster processor but I had to give up my Flex capabilities as well as my touch screen. Although I'm somewhat satisfied with my new Laptop, I believe Lenovo has ongoing issues with Speakers and TouchPads on all their models. Also, my $1K IdeaPad Flex 15 had a Battery that would last every bit of 7-8 hours without having to charge. My new $3K ThinkPad P15v battery lasts approximately 4 hours until it needs to be charged. I always thought the more expensive computer was the better option, but in the case of Lenovo Laptops this doesn't hold true.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2020

The Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 is a nice product but the battery is inadequate to serve off plug for more than a couple of hours w/o needing add'l charging. You have to purchase the more expensive YOGA to get a solid battery. Only other concern - I have the 3 year onsite warranty. They were to "send someone to assess why the camera is not functioning". They never did. Then the came covid and the laptop stopped booting so now it is all on me to get them the laptop and wait.... Concerned I'll be w/o it for quite sometime. We will see. I love my Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I have a Lenovo t450s and have had it since 2014 - it has been great - gets the job done and has been very efficient. I am in the process of upgrading it now, mainly because I do lots of photography and felt the need for a newer, more robust system was needed, but I ould highly recommend a Lenovo to anyone. I am now retired, but when I was working, the laptop provide at work was also Lenovo and it was great. Performs well - holds up well - easy to update and use.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I buy Lenovo because I was an IBM person. Their construction of laptops were far superior of the others & mine lasted so long & had built in PC Doctor for trouble-shooting & I love the touch-point verses a touch pad. So, I bought a Lenovo (Hoping it would be as good as the IBM's were). My current model is too heavy & has a poorly laid out keyboard & no light on the capslock button-which is in a very bad location. FYI - I purchased online & had clicked "pick-up" to make my final decision of purchase - Unfortunately, they messed up & shipped it to me. Since Dell got almost every contract from IBM when they sold to Lenovo - My next one will be either Dell or Lenovo. Must have the touch point - then price will be the deciding factor after that.

Original review: April 9, 2021

The Lenovo Legion laptops apparently have a manufacturing defect that crashes the system when windows tries to update. Lenovo’s customer service does not have a solution when you call and just passes you around.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I could try to describe how bad their service is, but you probably wouldn't believe me. My new laptop is less than 3 months old. The charging port stopped working, and I can't get it fixed. I've been on hold over 3 hours already with this company and haven't accomplished anything.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Have been loyal to the brand for years, however, the sales process online or by direct sales is so bad it hard to understand. I own a mid-size company and started an order in January on 2021. Acquiring a couple of products to use in my Industry. With this intent to purchase 400 more to give my staff. It has been nothing less than a total failure! I think ordering direct from the business for products.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Worked seemingly very well until it didn't. Unit died 2 wks post-warranty. Calls to Lenovo yield no support, advice or guidance, but an assurance that the warranty actually ended 5 mos. BEFORE the unit was even purchased. Suddenly would not power up, blinking light patterns on specific keys must be related to a diagnostic code which they will not even share. We followed all troubleshooting steps, took apart, replaced C-mos battery - nothing. But Lenovo is happy to charge me $85 + shipping to diagnose the problem. This was a big expense for us, and now our high schooler is out a computer and we are out the $. If you are comfortable budgeting $500/yr. then this is the computer for you. If not, then maybe not so much.

Original review: March 22, 2021

They emailed me with a cancelation notice with no explanation. I called the customer service number and they couldn’t tell me either. They offered to resubmit the order! No thanks. I’ll buy elsewhere!

Lenovo author review by ConsumerAffairs

Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology and computer company with headquarters in Beijing and in Morrisville, N.C. Lenovo is a leading designer of personal computers, laptops, tablets, work stations, electronic storage devices, smartphones and more. It was founded in 1984.

• ThinkCentre desktops: Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops are designed with enterprises in mind. ThinkCentre computers are ideal for running business programs.

• Lenovo H series: Lenovo’s H series of desktops is its line of home desktops. These computers are equipped to handle most casual and home office needs.

• Lenovo Thinkpad: The Lenovo Thinkpad is Lenovo’s dependable, durable line of laptops. Lenovo offers several different models, including the Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptop that can be used a laptop or tablet.

• Lenovo Ideapad: Lenovo Ideapad laptops are designed for multimedia performance, including Y-series laptops optimized for gaming.

• Y-Series gaming: Lenovo’s Y Series of gaming desktops offer peak computer power for high-quality graphics and performance.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team