Lenovo

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought the Lenovo Yoga Book 10.1 2 in 1 on 31 January '17 as perfect solution for people who travel light for work (DON'T BELIEVE IT, IT'S COMPLETE LIE!!!). After few flights to/from the Netherlands "halo keyboard" cracked (always in hand luggage never in hold, kept in leather case from new). First ticket opened on Lenovo Service UK website on 25 May '17. Repaired on my cost by Medion Germany (part of Lenovo). They said it couldn't be repaired under warranty because in their opinion (quote of repair) caused by mechanical damage visible chippings/cracks on the case (ANOTHER LIE NO SUCH MARKS). I had to agree to pay because I needed my Yoga Book for work.

It took another 3 weeks to be repaired and sent back to me. Once received on 06 July '17!!! Cracked keyboard. Replaced for brand new one, I noted that the touch screen was unresponsive. On 07 July '17 I contacted Lenovo Service again regarding new issue. To make the story short Medion (please remember PART OF LENOVO) repaired one thing and broke another.

Today is 08 August '17. I'm going back and forth with emails still no solution. VERY POOR QUALITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICE!!! BEWARE!!! Fortunately there is one thing we all can do about it: IF YOU SEE BRAND LENOVO DON'T BUY IT!!! If you know anyone in your company who is responsible for buying company laptops/computers/tablets tell them not to buy them!!! If you know anyone who wants to buy any device made by Lenovo tell them not to do it!!! Please.

If people stop buying Lenovo devices they will have to reconsider their attitude and probably improve the quality of their products and customer service. For me it was first device made by Lenovo but definitely the last one. If you can't believe any of it it's true (sounds impossible, right?) respond to this review leaving your email address. I can send you the whole email communication with Lenovo as a proof. If you read this review before buying Lenovo device it will save you some money and a lot of stress.

We bought our son a Y31-70 for school. It fell apart on the side after a year of use. We purchased a 3 year accidental damage policy. We called to begin the process in March of 2017. Finally we were instructed in June to send the computer in. We have 24x7 on site but we had to send the computer in. We finally got sent a computer in August. It turns out the keyboard is not standard and we want our son to learn the correct way on a standard keyboard. I called the case manager and asked to send the computer back, He began to argue that the computer was not going back. They have a 30 return policy so why not. I was hold my phone in one hand and the computer in the other and crash went the new computer onto the floor. Smashed screen and all. Now the same stuff is happening. I need a computer and fast because school is going to start up. This is the worst customer service and not the 24x7 service plan I paid for.

My Lenovo laptop lid began cracking soon after I bought it and has steadily gotten worse. I have never been abusive of my laptop. It is cracking above the hinges on both sides. I haven't contacted Lenovo yet, but will try and see what help they will give me. If I don't receive adequate compensation, I will smear this information all over social media.

This is THE WORST customer service I've ever received! I cannot believe it. In a matter of 30 minutes I've been passed back and forth between countless people and every single person did not seem to care about helping me. I had one question and they want me to file a claim and wait for someone to call me back. When I asked why the woman needed my address she said “well do you want to continue or we can just end the call.” That's what your employees are supposed to say? How about explain why you need things when I ask or someone just answer my one question instead of trying to get money out me. Thank you for treating a loyal customer whom has been with you for 4 years in this matter. Guess I'm looking for a new laptop and a company who cares about the quality of their company!

It has been quite an experience setting up a service call for my laptop. I bought a Lenovo ThinkPad about 10 months ago and it stopped working (blank screen problem). It's supposed to be within the 1-year standard warranty but their website showed incorrect warranty status. I emailed regarding this but didn't hear back. So I called into their customer service and that quickly turned into a nightmare.

I was bounced around a few times, I was told my model "ThinkPad" is not serviced by certain departments although I picked just the options they asked me to pick while calling the number, I was asked to create an "account" just to find out about the warranty, I was asked to send a copy of the receipt as an "image" although it was sent as a word doc which included the image, I was given multiple email addresses to send this "proof of receipt" to. And it took 5 calls and over 2 hours on the phone before the ticket was actually created, that too after talking to one of their supervisors.

The shipping cost to send the device in, is not covered and the updated warranty status wasn't available to me (I was asked to believe that warranty status is indeed updated without providing any updated info on their website or via email). Now I can only hope that it will be taken care of in a swift manner without any issue, once I ship it at my own expense.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenovo?

I first bought a Lenovo PC just about two years ago. Right from the start I had nothing but problems. I should have returned it and looked for another brand. For 1 1/2 weeks I had it back to the store five times. I could not log in. I thought the problem was my server, I thought it was Microsoft, I even bought new cables for the PC. It was none of the above, it was the computer.

Finally, between me and the store tech we got it working. Each time it updates it goes down for at least two days. I finally had to take it into a different store but same name. The original store has been closed down. Too bad, they had the best tech's there. They told me it was full of junk that was unknowingly downloaded. I had them clean it up, but that is another story. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. While I was at it I decided to get a laptop for when the PC does go down. The selection was limited so I got another Lenovo. Big mistake. I had it exactly seven days and it broke down. Again, I can't get in. Another bad machine. I took it back for a refund. I will never buy another Lenovo anything! I will not endorse this brand either.

I purchased a new Lenovo Edge laptop, 17" screen in May 2016. It worked well but after only 14 months the monitor went bad and needs to be replaced. I know computers are not meant to last forever but really after 14 months? For $900 my Lenovo barely lasts a year? No one at customer service or tech support is able to provide any estimate of what it will cost to repair, only option is to send it in and wait. I work on my laptop daily, I can wait 2 weeks to find out it's more cost effective to buy a new, of course NON- Lenovo, laptop.

I can't believe the lack of customer service. I had a New Lenovo 910 which had boot up problems from the beginning (sometimes it would take 3 attempts and then it would boot up, sometimes it was ok). Then the hard drive was "not found" and all along it ran loud and constant fan. Enter replacement Lenovo 910... Worked for 5 minutes then black screen, powers off. This computer is still sitting on my counter... Since JULY 3.

Sitting there. Not working waiting for my "escalated" case to be resolved. I have called at least 7 times and just as many emails. I have a case "manager" that is very smooth when I talk to him but nothing is resolved. I have to take time out of work for these calls of course because they are only available 9-5. This is a crap product and even more pathetic company. If you ever decide to buy a Lenovo of any sort buy it at Best Buy where they will replace it instead of having to waste hours and money dealing with Lenovo.

Purchased thru AMAZON. Received it in May of 2016. It dies in June of 2016. Returned it to their Louisville repair center with all the proper paperwork. Received it back in August of 2016. It died again in December of 2016. Again, returned it to their Louisville repair center with all the proper paperwork. Received it back in May of 2017 (you read right, took nearly 6 months to repair). Now here I sit in July of 2017 and it dies again. Contacted Lenovo and they said (Sooo sorry) "After review of your **, requesting an out of warranty repair, Lenovo's Corporate policy does not allow OOW repairs at no charge. As the machine has been out of warranty since 6/16/2017, I do apologize, I will not be able to approve this request."

When the tablet worked it was a really great tablet but, the reliability was ZERO. Owned it for roughly 14 months, got to actually use it for roughly 9 months and am denied warranty repair. WTF. LENOVO needs to figure out what they wanna be. A cheap, unreliable alternative to APPLE or leading manufacturer of quality products. Will never buy another LENOVO product again for obvious reasons.

I have 2 Lenovo computers, first was a desktop. Ran slow from the start. Gave it to my Grandson, crashed every time he'd try playing a game, I bought a new laptop not realizing it was a Lenovo, wanted a bigger screen than my iPad was. Just going to use it for Netflix checking email & such, again slow loading, constantly crashing, turned it on earlier. Put on Netflix, watch for 5 minutes, the screen goes black, check power cord etc. Now it won't even turn on. Keep in mind I had only owned both computer a matter of days before problems ensued. NEVER, EVER, AGAIN, & if I'm asked for an opinion on a new computer will reply, anything BUT a Lenovo.

I purchase a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ISK and after five months of normal use it starts failing. Performance was bad, slow, unresponsive and not able to log in to web pages. CPU and disc drive working at 100% when idle or only 1 browser was open. Was used for school work to login into books to do class and homework. I send it twice to repair to NC Depot Lenovo tech support and it came back with the same problems. At the Lenovo repair depot they only did a factory system reset and update the drivers (software touch ups), which did not solve the hardware problem it has.

The case was escalated to Lenovo highest customer support manager three times, and he email back saying that he is not allowed to do any refunds or replacement of the unit due to company policies on warranty and parts and recommend to take the laptop to be repaired at Best Buy. So I'm left with a defective computer that is under Lenovo factory warranty until, September 18, 2017. Lenovo does NOT honor their written warranty agreement, that says the customer has right to a full refund or replacement of the defective unit if the attempts to repair it under factory warranty failed. Moreover the Lenovo depot repair never work on any hardware replacement to correct the real problem. DO not buy any Lenovo brand, don't waste your money!

This is far and away the worst computer I've ever had the misfortune to use. The Lenovo IdeaPad 110 processor is incredibly slow, the loaded software does not work, you cannot disable any of the startup processes. The keyboard is so stupidly designed that it's an exercise in frustration to try to compose a grammatically coherent document. Seriously, who puts the page up key in the position that on every other keyboard known to man is the SHIFT key? And why even have an end key if it doesn't take you to the end of the line of text?

Accessing the internet on this machine is also a trial. Forget about entering any site with security-- no online banking since even the refresh page won't connect you. Do not expect to receive a receipt with your purchase either. No online receipt was emailed, neither was a receipt included in the product box. This is the most unprofessional organization I've ever tried to do business with. I will never recommend Lenovo, nor will I buy this brand in the future.

I ordered a Yoga 720 on June 30, 2017 where it estimated delivery to be within 2 weeks. After two weeks, their online tracker said it would ship on July 31st and wouldn't get here until August 7th which is a WHOLE MONTH after I ordered it. I called them THREE times and each time they assured me that it would be shipped on the 17th, this is very important since I am moving from my address to another state on July 25.

After contacting them on July 17, they said the earliest it could ship by is the 21st and that was not even a guaranteed! Their reasoning was that it was a popular laptop and that they ran low on parts and could not keep up with demand. If that's the case they should provide realistic delivery estimates or just cap off their sales. This is an absurd situation and they should be ashamed of such awful service.

I purchase my first and only Lenovo in 9/2016. It has had very limited use since I've purchased it. Since I started using my new computer it has been slow. Not running games or streaming videos off the internet. Pulling up basic files and documents take an excessive amount of time. I tried returning it today for a refund but no luck. I will give it to my mom to browse Facebook but I feel guilty because I know it will be slow even doing that. Poor mom.

I have been "typing" on a keyboard of one kind or another for 50 years. Never have I run across a format where the right-hand shift key is so misplaced. I am a writer, and I have tried to adjust to the change, but every time I try to use it in the course of writing, I hit the UP arrow key and my cursor flies up to another line. This interrupts my writing entirely, as I have to replace my cursor, sometimes delete the text that's appeared in the wrong line and resume my train of thought. There is no other computer that has the right-hand shift key in this position. I tried to "reassign" the keys, but the position is hard-wired and can't be changed. This is affecting my work and I want to return the machine. NOT HAPPY AT ALL with what appears to be an arbitrary design change.

I am using Lenovo T510 model. Cost me over 1000$. Now I want to restore the operating system and drivers are missing. I tried to find drivers online but look like lenovo are not supporting their own products. https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/my/en/regemail - broken link. http://support.lenovo.com/ - broken link.

I bought a Lenovo ThinkPad 510 with DVD drive. The drawer quit opening while under warranty. I was given a link to find a "nearby" authorized repair center. I found some 150-200 miles away. I called to see if any were closer and was told for Consumer products (not owned by businesses), there is literally one in the USA. I have to pay to send it in (it's heavy), take photos in case they damage it, fill out a LOT of paperwork.

Once there, "if" they have parts, it will take at least 5 days till they ship it back. Basically, at best 2 weeks without a brand new machine, which I would not have bought had I not needed it. And odds are, they won't have this part, unless they have a history of it being defective, perhaps. When I called the number online, they said I had to call during business hours. I tried the Facebook link, which was somewhat helpful. I called a new number and was told they'd set up a ticket for me. They emailed that they had, but no number - and I cannot reply. I called Best Buy, which said they could fix it if I can get the part. I asked their FB people about that, who referred me back to the phone number. I'd rather pay a little and wait less time, plus save on shipping, than be without it for weeks. The Best Buy guy told me how to open the drawer with a paper clip. I may do this for the life of the computer if I can't get this resolved. It works fine, once open.

I bought a Lenovo Yoga. It was a lemon -- the hard drive crapped out before a year was out. It gave me a lot of headaches while it was crapping out. I've heard that others have had customer service problems with Lenovo. Fortunately, Geek Squad is expediting the repair. I've never bought a computer lemon before -- CURSE YOU, LENOVO!

When I bought a Lenovo YOGA Tab 3 in London on the 1st of June 2017, I was assured by the guy behind the till that it carried an international warranty. "All Lenovo products do, just keep the slip". So, I believed him and bought it. I traveled to the USA prior to my return to South Africa. On the 12th of June (1.5 weeks later) my tablet screen froze.

I was flying back to South Africa the following day, so I decided to sort it out when I got back home to Port Elizabeth. I found that Lenovo contracts with a company called PartServe for their product repairs. I presented my Lenovo YOGA Tab 3 for repairs at PartServe in Port Elizabeth on the 29th June 2017 to be told that I would have to pay for the repairs as Lenovo tablets do not carry an international warranty and that any repairs will be for my account.

I indicated that I was prepared to pay anything. PartServe said that they will "try to help me" and kept the tablet. After the first try, the tablet would not accept the e-mail and password that I had initially used to set up the unit in London. They kept the tablet to "try something else". It is now over 2 weeks since I initially dropped the tablet with them.

This morning, I phoned them to get an update and was told that they have not managed to sort the problem. I was once again informed that anything that they do will be charged. I informed them that I am not prepared to spend good money after bad and I will collect the faulty tablet next week. Yes, PartServe are correct - there is no international warranty for Lenovo tablets - I was misinformed.

Clearly it is not cost effective for me to courier the tablet to London for repairs and then back to me. So, it will end up in the garbage recycling heap where it now belongs. I have used Lenovo laptops for the past 15 years. I am currently upgrading my laptops, having recently bought two new Lenovo laptops. This episode has changed my loyalty towards Lenovo and totally destroyed my confidence in their local agent's ability to repair their products. I could well understand if this product was old, but after 2 weeks!

My Lenovo was purchased December 12, 2016. By January when it was plugged in, it started to lose its charge. When it wasn't plugged in and was used the charge went down quickly. Called the Tech support and they couldn't help. They told me to take it to Best Buy. They couldn't help said it was probably the battery. Called Tech support again and they said send it to them. They send me a box. Sent it in April 2nd and they had it until May 9th. The same thing happened again.

Finally reached a person in North Carolina. She said she was my case worker and she couldn't do anything except send it back to be checked again because I bought it from a third party, not Lenovo directly. I bought it from a suppliers from Amazon. I sent it back with all kinds of notes telling what was wrong with it. One week later I got it back. It is still has the same problem. I've been trying to reach Doneene ** my contact since June 6, 2017. She had not answered my emails or called me. I was able to reach another department at Lenovo and the gentlemen said he'd send her supervisor the info. I haven't heard from either one. DO NOT BUY LENOVO. They were a very reliable company. NOT ANYMORE!!! I loved my first Lenovo.

I had some discoloration on my screen, so I called Lenovo for tech support. However, they told me that the part that they needed was on back order. I waited patiently for a month or two, and still got nothing, and when I called to ask when the part would be available, they couldn't even give me an estimate. Then one of the technicians called me to let me know that he was coming over to fix my computer, and I was initially ecstatic that it was finally going to get done. However, he didn't show up on the day that we scheduled him to come over. When I called Lenovo regarding this, they said that my part was still in back order.

To say their service is horrible is an insult to horrible. First I bought in April of 2013 a Lenovo Y400. The sales pitch was dual video cards. They then proceeded to not make the dual video from the DVD slot. I got an issue with reinstall via the UEFI bios to get a complete restore disk I had to buy a service plan for 69 bucks which I could cancel. 69 bucks for a restore disk? I had same issue with the U310. Again I had to buy a separate plan for them. I found a backdoor to fix the issue minus their dual 69 dollar plans.

Lenovo is the worst!!! I've sent my laptop back 4 different times for the same exact problem, only for it to be sent back with the same problem. This is the fourth time I'm getting my computer sent back to me. I've had it back for 42 hours now and it took less than two days for it to completely crash yet again. The computer just shuts off and it will not turn back on no matter what steps I try to take. I am so sick of them and I pray they are shut down after reading all the reviews on it!!! Thanks Lenovo for stealing my money since your product sucks.

I purchased a Lenovo desktop computer from large local computer company in 2016. After 6 months old the touch screen was acting strange, the mouse was non compliant, the screen was expanding and making the desktop impossible to use. So not thinking anything we disconnected the screen. Continued to use the computer with no issues. 8 months later we updated after returning from abroad. The computer then turned on the touch screen and made it impossible to use the computer.

At this point I contacted Lenovo Tech Help and support. I explained that we had issues. I explained I took it back to our local suppliers who confirmed it was a Hardware issue. They recommended that I have a independent report done. This was done and as confirmed it was a hardware issue. I contacted Lenovo. Asked about a out of Warranty claim, went through rebooting twice, resetting everything up and reloading software. Still the touch screen was affecting the working of the computer.

Customer support did agree during a telephone conversation that they would expect the product to last longer... "Well yes" I replied. They said we need to install new updates, full scan, Reboot. This was all done but still No compliance. Next day I contacted them. What change of attitude. Different person on the phone, went through all the procedure again. Reboot twice, the chap on the phone was overconfident. He claims it would work, guess what. No Go. I ask for them to check out the unit. They said they would and they would pay for collection and give a free quotation for repairs, but I would have to pay for parts and labour and return postage from Germany. I made it clear to Lenovo that it's just over twelve months old, has it's a hardware issue and not a software issue. You would make the repairs at their cost.

This company LENOVO are not interested in customer satisfaction. You do not get value for money... I would advise NOT buying or recommending a DESKTOP product from LENOVO. Pay extra. Use a company that put customer satisfaction first. Not much point in spending your hard earned monies On a company (LENOVO) to supply a desktop product that does not last its term and breaks down just after 14 months old. Be warned!

It’s a 2-1, so you can put it in tablet mode parrot in either mode the touchscreen doesn't work at all. After 4 hours with their tech support doing remedial support options, we ended up doing a full restore of the computer from scratch to factory. Again didn't solve the issue. Called today they started going through the same nonsense and wanted me to email the proof of purchase even though we had just registered the serial number and I said I want to talk to a supervisor I'm done with this. And he continued with his call log if you will. And I just said “Look I don't mean to be mean but I don't want to talk to you anymore, get a supervisor.” They weren't any better. So rather than deal with this horrible company I'm just returning the laptop. Which is a shame because when functioning is Best in Class.

Buy the laptop locally so you can easily return it. And forget sending it to Lenovo as it'll take weeks and you'll find unexpected charges. Plus they're so stupid I don't know how they can expect to fix it or any problem. This is a third-rate computer company masquerading as a tier 1. They claim US support and I did not speak to one person in the United States. I've had every other brand and never an out-of-the-box issue and such petulant tech support. Thank you

Dear Lenovo, The last offer to which I have preferred is death to visit your service centre and deal with your over arrogant and negligent staff. They are so rude that anyone with low temperament could have slapped them easily. There are labyrinth of terms and conditions which cause customer service deterioration. I have a Motorola mobile phone motoG3 Turbo edition, which fell prey to some malfunctioning of charging. I visited service centre, first they examined the problem and told me abruptly to leave my phone for a month. Just for smaller charging problems. Holy **! Then after one guy came and he denied submitting the since it was tampered with.

My phone was in pristine condition, it was some internal damage for which I wasn't the reason. Not a single time did I fell my phone which can cause any damage. Such a crap service you provide to your disgruntled customers and you call it a service centre? Not even me but thousands like me suffer everyday at the behest of your maladroit handling of customers and poor terms and conditions. You'll be wiped out of this market if you don't pay heed to customer services as they are more necessary than manufacturing a product and selling it in market.

I bought this computer not even a year ago and it ran perfect for three months. I though, "Wow, a good price and a great computer!" Yeah it is too good to be true. I do not use Facebook or any other websites on this computer. It is strictly for school so that I DON'T have issues. Well the mouse pad likes to do its own thing and constantly zoom in and zoom out, open my start button, open documents like I'm uploading, instead of going backwards when I hit the backspace. It's acting like a tab button. Very frustrating when you're trying to get your homework done and you're already on a time limit and your computer wants to be a jackass. DONE WITH YOU LENOVO. SUCK A ** OR HIRE BETTER ENGINEERS.

In August of 2016, I purchased a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad 460s for around $1000.00. Since August, I have sent the laptop for repairs 3 times for the same problem: the power button lights up but the screen remains blank. The first time I called customer service in November of 2016, I was told to bring the laptop to an authorized dealer in my area for repair. So I did. In January, I had the same problem again. This time, I sent the laptop directly to Lenovo for repair. In May, the same problem happened for the third time. I decided that this laptop must be a "lemon" and asked for a replacement. I was told that even though it has broken three times in less than 6 months, and I have a warranty, that it wasn't possible to get a replacement. So I sent the laptop back for the third time and was told that the case would be escalated. I was promised the laptop back in 5-6 days.

It is now June 14th. (one month later) I have heard nothing from Lenovo via email or phone regarding the status of the repair. At one point, a few weeks back, after waiting on hold for about half an hour, I was told that there was a note in the file stating that the technician needed to contact me for more information. Yet, no one did. I was told there was a backup in calling customers. I was once again promised that the case would be escalated.

Each time I tried to call for a status, I waited over 45 minutes on hold. Each time, I hung up in frustration. Today, after waiting 1/2 an hour I finally spoke to a human. For my "update," I was given the same status that I was given two weeks ago. After some more complaining I was transferred to a different number. Then a third number. I believe I spoke to customer service, sales, and tech support. Still, the only information I can get is that they are holding my repair for customer information. Again, no one has contacted me... so how can I give them any information they might need. I also tried contacting them through email but no response. Would never buy again. Horrible product, horrible service.

What happened to Lenovo Depot Support! It's gone downhill really fast. It took me an hour on hold to talk to anyone. During the waiting, the automated voice said "You can visit www.lenovo.com/depotstatus to get the status of the repair". Well that takes you to the main, Lenovo website. Get your act together. Change the automated message. I have been purchasing Lenovo from the day they became Lenovo as one of their largest enterprise clients. We have 24 hr support on our computers. Always have had good, prompt service. Not now. One of our computers has been in the Depot for 2 months on a parts hold. The part is an SSD card (hard drive)! Really! You don't have hard drives to swap out at the Depot. It takes 2 months to get a hard drive! And, why is the email address to escalate the issue @us.ibm.com. Perhaps that explains the bad service.

I bought an IdeaCentre 710 in early May from the online store. From the first click of the mouse, it literally (emphasis) started breaking... the mouse broke. Two days later the memory failed. Customer service (if it can really be called that) was a joke. They ignored my memory failure while focusing on some other minor detail they wanted to fix. After several calls and tests, they finally realized the memory failure was serious and wanted me to return it. I pressed to get the return authorization completed before the long Memorial Day weekend but they didn't care to help. They love to cite protocol as the reason for not moving fast on everything and so it didn't happen before the holiday. It took 10 days to get a replacement and the next PC failed on the first power up.

I was told I needed to go through the escalation department. You would think this raises the severity of the situation and that action would occur quickly but it is just an excuse for them to not talk to you. When I was told about the escalation department, I demanded to talk to the person immediately. I was told protocol didn't allow it. I persisted and I was cited more protocol. After I doubted that this person/department even existed, I demanded that I at least get fast action. I was told that it would be 24-48 h before I would be contacted. I told them it was unacceptable and more protocol was described. After more frustration, I informed them that they needed to call me on my cell phone. I was emailed (not called) 2 days later with a generic and unhelpful email. Within 2 h of that email, I responded that they needed to call. After 8 h of no response, I demanded that I be called immediately.

Two days later, they called me at home (not my cell) when no one was home. It is now 1 week since I told them the 2nd PC died and I am no closer to getting it replaced or returned than I was the first day. It is 33 days since I placed the original order and I had a fully functional (excluding the mouse) PC for only 2 of those days. The amount of disrespect that they have shown me as a customer is appalling and unfathomable.

Compare Computer Brands