1.36/5

70 iBUYPOWER Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2019

I decided to purchase a new gaming PC, as my current one was on it's last leg. After my brother had a bad experience with CyberPowerPC I decided to go with iBUYPOWER. I wish I did more research on this company because it was a terrible experience. After picking all the parts I wanted, I submitted my order on April 1st and quickly got an email saying that my order was received. It went on to say that I would be notified by email as the building process progressed.

After 9 days went by without an email or phone call, I pick up the phone and call customer service. After waiting on hold forever I talked to a guy that did some digging to find out that one of the parts was out of stock. This is understandable but why was I not notified about this?? Why was I able to submit an order with a part that was out of stock?? How with today's technology can you not have the part say "out of stock" and state this will delay your build?? Very frustrating, but the guy I talked to was very nice and upgraded the part for free and expedited the order. Started getting the emails and things were looking up until the computer arrived almost a month after the original order. Connected everything up according to the directions and no signal on my monitor.

After troubleshooting myself I called technical support and they walked me through a few other steps. Nothing worked and their options were a refund or ship it back to be repaired (Not to mention it was missing the fans that I paid extra for). At this point I was heated at the fact that those were the only two options. How about overnight shipping to be fixed, or a free upgrade for the inconvenience?? I decided to return it and just build my own computer from scratch. After getting confirmation that the computer was received, I was told I would have my refund in 5-7 business days. Day 7 came and went without my money. Got in contact with them and was told there was an issue with the accounting department because they got backed up and it delayed my refund. Ok not my issue, but I still had to wait another week. Accounting department backed up with refunds? Maybe... Stay far away from this company. If I could given 0 stars I would, garbage!!!

Original review: May 13, 2019

This company is horrible. They do not honor return policy, customer service does not return calls. Emails are rude and not helpful. Been trying to return since I got it but they never sent return slip. Now they refuse to give RMA. Said now that it's too late, can't return.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I bought my pc at a Best Buy and set it up at home and it was really easy. No downloading Software and all ready to go. Specs were great for the price and the quality of the case is great. Keyboard is fine for free but mouse was amazing.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We purchased a desktop computer which was defective. We were instructed to return it and have proof that it was delivered to their returns department. However, they say they did not received it. We purchased the 3 year warranty, but since they say their warehouse can't find it, they won't do anything to help us. We are out over a thousand dollars and they will not return my call or assist us in any way. This company is not reputable, and nobody should buy from them unless they are prepared to be scammed.

Original review: April 15, 2019

We were so excited about our new investment in our startup business and chose iBUYPOWER as our desktop system. Unfortunately, we have had weeks of downtime with a broken computer and very spotty tech support. We are so disappointed and will explore our options and report back. For now, it seems that it is an unreliable product with equally unreliable tech support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iBUYPOWER?

Original review: March 29, 2019

I was looking for a cutting edge desktop. I wanted the new i9 processor and was willing to pay the price. I have purchased multiple systems from Micro Center so I headed there to see what options they had. I didn't feel like building a system this time but I have built many. The salesman showed me the iBUYPOWER system and showed me the top name parts they had in them. The system only had 16 gig of RAM but I figured no problem, I'll get some extra RAM and install it. I told the salesman I didn't know the brand but he assured me it was all quality and they are a top builder. Skeptically I bought the system and brought it home.

I plugged it in and booted the system...it loaded Windows and all seemed well. Once the OS was loaded I decided to try a game. I loaded a low requirement game and started a session...the system rebooted. Hmmm. I then noticed a ton of heat coming out of the system. I quickly loaded an app so I could monitor CPU temps to see if it was having and issue. Sure enough the CPU temps were getting so high the system was shutting down. I continued to test in this manner. When I loaded a system intensive game it couldn't handle it. Took this piece of dung back to the store and ordered a new system that will handle what I need. Goodbye to bad rubbish. Read the reviews out there and dont buy this crap.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I bought a computer from them. I didn't select the payment per month so I wrote to them to refund me, because I'm a Canadian and I don't have access to this kind of payment (per month). So I paid around 1600 USD. It's cost me around 2400 Canadian dollar. I wrote to them the day after I paid the entire computer. No answer from them. The next day, I got an answer, "You will be refund soon." I lost 146 Canadian bucks because of the money exchange value. If I had an answer the same day I ask a refund in my email, maybe I've could lost nothing...

They don't give a ** about you. They Stole me cash, and they never tried to help. They just said, "We always refund in USD." Yes Right, I got it. It's a scam. Don't buy from them. BAD EXPERIENCE. 'SCAM'. NEVER BUY FROM THEM IF YOU WANT A GOOD EXPERIENCE AND A GOOD COMPUTER. How is it possible to do ** like that, they didn't refund me, they just did another transaction. It was not a real refund. Well don't, they never answer my message...

Original review: March 26, 2019

Their name brand products crap out within a couple years. Mech keyboard went out in less than 6 months. Headset went out within a year. Not sure if the mouse still works - went ahead and replaced it. The WiFi adapter that came with my build has also went out. Only stuff working is the parts you’d be most worried about when spending $1k+ on your rig. Called customer support and the man was rude. They don’t want you to replace parts later on when they fail - they want to make more money off of you sending it back off to them! No tutorials on how to disassemble my case. Don’t bother. Build your own! Thankfully I figured it out and won’t be needing them again.

Original review: March 23, 2019

After about 3 months, my $1049.00 computer began freezing up for 20 seconds at a time. I had bought directly from iBUYPOWER. The rep I spoke with said I would have to send it back at my expense. They have no authorized repair center anywhere. I live in Ga... They are located in California. I was also told I would have to pay for them shipping it back to me! Basically, their warranty isn't worth jack. DO NOT buy anything from them. You have been warned.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Do not buy anything from this company. Everyone has an attitude. Don't let your kid get enticed with the fancy website. They sound like a bunch of kids working out of a basement. My son bought a $4000 computer for Christmas from them and it's a literal lemon. They are charging to send a new graphics card and power cord. Stick with the big box stores and stay away from these fraudulent web sites. As a mother of a kid who was taken in by these clowns, I am offering you the advice you are seeking. STAY AWAY FROM iBUYPOWER!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

These guys are a total joke. They shipped me a broken system with a bad power supply and video card and charge me to return it. They "offered" to let me send it back to them where they would have it for 3 weeks to repair it. I offered to put the parts in so they charged me for the parts and said I "should" get a refund when I return the defective parts. Buyer beware.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I ordered a gaming desktop from these clowns on a Tuesday and was told my order should arrive by Thursday with their free two day shipping. It's now a full week later and I have not only not received my order, but I have no tracking information and only tentative promises from customer support staff that "It's being taken care of." That's not exactly reassuring when almost $2,000 worth of merchandise is somewhere in the mail.

The package arrived at my local distribution center who I called, only to have a FedEx employee say that the shipper (iBuyPower) had requested it be returned to them. I was not informed of this decision by email or otherwise, so I called iBuyPower customer service and waited on hold for nearly 30 minutes only to have a man who seemed annoyed that I was calling say something like "they" have gotten into our system and tried to reroute my package. I asked if my personal information was at risk and got a roundabout answer that in no way assured me my personal information hadn't been compromised.

He informed me that they had to ship it back to California to do an inspection to make sure the package wasn't damaged or tampered with but that they would overnight it to me as soon as possible and promised to get me a tracking number on the overnight package as soon as possible. 5 days have passed and I still don't have a tracking number or any guarantee that they're even trying to send it back to me. I almost get the feeling that I've been scammed and that there isn't a computer on the way.

I can't fully describe how annoying it has been to keep track of this shipment. With any other company, when there is a hiccup with the shipping process or the order was placed in error, I get constant status updates and reassurance that the problem is being worked on. With iBuyPower, I have had NONE of this. No email. No call. Not even a "we're sorry." I have had to repeatedly call their customer service line to wait on hold just so I can know whether my $2,000 gaming rig is with FedEx, with them, or at someone else's house.

My suggestion if you're going to buy an iBuyPower product, buy it from a third party. They might know how to build a gaming rig, but they have no idea how to render effective customer service. They completely deflected the blame of having an insecure ordering system (which is concerning in its own right) and have done NOTHING to rectify the problem, while keeping me in the dark the entire way. I ended up buying the parts individually and building the PC myself because I was so frustrated with their customer service. For the love of God, do not buy a PC directly from iBuyPower. Buy it from a third party or don't buy it at all. These are not people you want to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Bought a computer from them and then read the horrid reviews and much to my dismay, my experience was just as disappointing as many others. They send you constant emails about their quality control phases and when I got the computer the front USB ports didn't work. I contacted them and there was no kind of apology for the inconvenience at all and that they would send me a return label to send it back to be fixed which would have taken at least 3 weeks to get back. Lucky for me, my neighbor works on computers and pulled the connector for the front USB ports from the motherboard and noticed one of the pins was bent, as if it had just been shoved in there.

He bent the pin back and plugged it in and it worked like a charm. This should have been caught with all their "Quality control processes" that they supposedly do. That, coupled with their complete lack of customer service concern, makes me wonder why I even gave them 2 stars. Save yourself the headache and find a company that has better ratings when it comes to their products and customer service to build your computer.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

If you purchase from iBUYPOWER don't expect them to stand behind their products. I purchase a gaming PC at the beginning of January 2019. Upon receiving the PC I noticed a component that was supposed to be mounted inside the case did not fit inside the mount so I immediately contacted customer service via their online help. I did not receive any callback or correspondence in regards to my request for assistance. The following week I received a survey asking for feedback on my order. I filled out the survey and included a note in the comments section about my customer service issues and desire to resolve the issues I had noted with my order. Almost two week later I still had not received any assistance so I attempted their online chat help, where I spent over an hour as the first person in the queue.

Given my previous online help experience with iBUYPOWER I gave up on the live chat and attempted to call their customer service line. My first call to customer service was actually sent straight to voicemail so I called back two additional times before I finally got to a live representative. I explained my issues to the customer service rep and he stated that they were aware of the issue, had known about the issues prior to the sale, and couldn't wait until they finally sold the last of their stock because he's constantly getting calls about the issue. That means this company is fully aware that they are selling a false bill of goods to their customers and have absolutely no issue with selling faulty products in the hopes that if they dodge the requests for help long enough they won't have to deal with it.

I was given two options to resolve my situation. Request a refund and take my son's birthday present away from him so that I can potentially try to find a different computer without the benefit of holiday deals that were available when I made my initial decision (resulting in both an opportunity and time loss) or I can tape the item inside of the computer since the mount provided doesn't work. If you know it's broken don't sell it, if you still insist on selling it warn the customer of the known issues, doing anything less is false advertising and tantamount to robbery.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I purchased two high end gaming computers. Within less than a year the keyboards have both started to fail. I have to unplug them for a hour and reconnect to use them. I requested replacements. They said send the defective ones back, also they said I have to pay the shipping on the returns. I purchased two keyboards today for $20, that would be half the cost of my time and the shipping and boxing. It's a shame they sell such a cheap keyboard. This is the last time I buy anything from iBUYPOWER.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I had purchased iBUYPOWER from Best Buy before so I felt confident buy new custom computers from them would be safe. I purchase two very expensive top of the line gaming systems for my kids in November 2017 - Black Friday. I paid RUSH shipping and a rush build charge. When I finally got the systems Dec. 24, the evening of Christmas I was obviously annoyed but happy they arrived. Here is where the fun begins. Both computers Blue screen of death 5-8 times on Christmas day.

I ran all updates, re-seated RAM and graphics cards, but they still blue screen errored continuously. When I called tech support, they told me to reseat the RAM. After back and forth work to no resolve, I returned the computers. I packed them exactly the way they came and then refunded me 500 less than I paid. Dealing with them is a nightmare. If I were you, don't get your top of the line computer from them directly. These do not support their work and make it impossible for you to work with them. At least with Best Buy, you can return and get a full refund. DON'T GET RIPPED OFF BY THESE GUYS!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Tower only lasted 6 months and motherboard is bad. They didn't cover this under the 1 year warranty. Spent $1049 after taxes and didn't cover the motherboard when it went out. They said I overclocked the processor and I didn't. I'm not familiar with motherboard or CPU settings, didn't overclock. Two local computer shops as well as Best Buy said it was motherboard or CPU and it would cost 300-600+ (not including if CPU was bad as well.) I never would overclock anything and this system wasn't purchased for gaming. I purchased this system for a performance PC for editing pictures videos and doing architectural design. Will never deal with IBUYPOWER AGAIN.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I bought a new computer directly from them in late 2017. The first time I tried booting it failed and I got an error message, but, it eventually booted. Got to the point I left it on 24/7. Now, it's been a paperweight for 6 months. It doesn't work. Yes they said, "Send it to us." But DID YOU READ THE DETAILS of how to pack it? I looked for weeks for an appropriate box and just gave up. BTW, someone in their tech dept. is a real piece of work. There's a lot more I'd like to say but I just keep getting madder and madder as I think about this. Don't believe me? Buy a system and see for yourself. You've been warned. Don't believe me? Buy a system and see what happens.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered a custom desktop that was pretty damn expensive. The idiot in me assumed that if you pay a lot of money for something that you’ll get something good. Upon starting up the PC... oh wait, that’s right. It didn’t turn on when it arrived. Had to immediately send it back for a “repair.” Repair is a strong word because that’s usually reserved for things that ever worked in the first place. I naively didn’t just ask for a refund and the computer is getting repaired now... Hopefully it works. I should have used a different company.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Had an issue that parts were out of stock, had to call myself to correct issue. The parts out of stock again and had to call again to correct issue. 3 weeks after purchase I got an email saying order had started processing. I called and customer service had no answers. I asked for Manager and got Richard **. Incredibly rude, he started saying that I was complaining for no reason and questioned why I was even calling and that I needed to wait as long as it took. I asked questions to clarify and the Manager Richard ** said I was wasting his time and hung up on me. Called back and he hung up again. I was shocked and offended and wanted to get my issue resolved. Eventually as a customer I gave up. They have my money, I was disrespected by the manager Richard **, who actually laughed at me on the phone, and I am embarrassed to have been a party to such disrespect as a United States Marine. Shop elsewhere if you want customer service that cares.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Less than one year my computer constantly had issues, I shipped it to them and months later they said they couldn't find anything wrong. It was returned to me and within the first 15 minutes, same issue rendering it unusable, multiple tickets sent with photos and video and either ignored or told there was nothing wrong. Ended up getting a new computer from a real company as I was in college and a computer was a must.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Not even sure where to start, first the pc crashed and wouldn't let me reinstall Windows (went through the RMA process to get a new hard drive and Intel Optane memory stick. Hard drive was new but the optane stick was pre-used). Then after finally getting windows back on it constantly still crashed any time I tried to do multiple actions at once. Noticed what I thought was a "void if tampered with sticker" but in fact they never removed the film from the CPU cooler thus making it overheat and blue screen. LUCKILY Amazon refunded my money. Never again will I go through iBuypower. Never. ** company.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Bought a brand new PC for $2000 and in less than a month started having problems. Filed numerous support tickets to help but issue after issue and I'm still having problems with it. Sent it to be repaired even. No help. Couldn't return it.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I spent over a grand on a computer from iBUYPOWER and at first the rep we spoke with was great and said just to send in the defective piece and that they would replace it. It's not an old computer. They would charge us initially for the replacement part, but would refund once the defective piece arrived. Well, they never told us how to pay, so we called back in good faith to do so. Turns out we ended up speaking with the most stuck-up crappy person we could have that kept spouting off about how other reps don't follow the rules. Now, because we cannot find the dang receipt, they are refusing to replace it. We called back, hoping to get another rep (the one we spoke with before preferably) and the previous rep had noted our account that they were not to help us without the stupid receipt. Seriously frustrating to spend so much money on a product and be let down like this.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We purchased their gaming computer on November 27, 2017, spending nearly $1700 for just the CPU alone. In less than 2 weeks, the motherboard failed—completely fried. We took it back to the retailer, and because the purchase was within a month, they even-exchanged the failed CPU with a brand new system on December 5th, 2017. Flash forward to December 4th, 2018... YEP! The motherboard fried and CPU failed again. Let that sink in... THE SECOND MOTHERBOARD FRIED 364 DAYS into the manufacturer’s warranty.

The only thing we have going for us is that it failed the day before the warranty ran out, but it still cost me nearly $90 to ship it to their California facility. I wrote the company and called the company, but I feel that they will not rectify the situation to our liking... but we shall see. I will, however, post a follow-up once we have our fixed CPU back. In the meantime, Please do not waste your money by buying a gaming computer from this company.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

This is a terrible company. Gaming computer purchased through Best Buy was under warranty. I had to ship it back to iBUYPOWER for repairs. Did everything their way. Now they say they won't pay 123.82 for shipping it to them because I didn't give proof of purchase. Under their rules they wouldn't even do anything until I gave them proof of purchase first which I did. These people are out to rip off customers and their product is no good.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Not worth your money. The CPU is only thing value. The rest almost trash. Paid over 900 for this PC and it ready bad. Stock cooler, no SSD. After long time using it became very slow. Have to spent more 400$ to buy extra 4GB RAM, SSD and 1050Ti. When 1100 you already get better pre-build PC by professional.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I just bought a iBUYPOWER desk, I recommended for everyone. This computer is the next level trust me. Very good quality and was delivered really safely and fast. I love it, coming with lights, colors, mouse and keyboard that are really cool.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My father bought my son a computer for Christmas last year and spent a lot of money on it. The computer didn't even last a year before the motherboard went on it. I tried calling both customer service numbers and kept getting a recording saying to call back. I then called the office numbers which also didn't work. I finally called tech support and got someone, ridiculous! I asked if they supplied a box and label to ship the broken computer back, since the warranty is good for 3 years and I was told they don't provide either. That we should've saved the box in case anything happened to the computer in which we would need to ship it back and was also told that there was an option to pay for shipping back to the company when the computer was purchased.

Seriously?! I have to pay you in advance to provide me a shipping label when the computer breaks??? Then you will send me a label? I asked how long this process would take and was told about 3 weeks. So now I have to package it, pay for the shipping label and wait three weeks to receive the computer back, this just gets better. I asked where I could leave a review, was not given an exact answer. I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was transferred and the phone rang and rang and rang for 4 minutes before I just hung up. I figured I wouldn't get anyone, just an easy way to get me off the phone.

I will be sure to leave a review everywhere I possibly can to advise others before you spend all that money and get shipped a poor quality computer. FYI, my son has numerous friends who have gone through this same thing and one had to ship the computer back more than once before finally getting his money refunded back to him. BEWARE... Look somewhere else for a gaming computer!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I spent a lot of money on this pc. I like the pc a lot. Very quiet but and is fast. I called them because my mic was not working. The guy on the phone was rude and acted like he did not wanna help. So I have spent hours trying to get it to work properly. Long story short I'll never buy from them again. These people don't care about the customer. I'm probably going to take it back. Keep in mind the store I bought 3000.00 when I was there. I got treat like that as far as this whole experience has been a nightmare.

iBUYPOWER expert review by ConsumerAffairs

iBUYPOWER was founded in 1999 to offer custom PCs that are focused on power and cutting edge technology to keep up with the demands of the growing gaming market. Located in City of Industry, Calif., iBuyPower is now one of the leading manufacturers and retailers of gaming PCs for consumers in the United States.

• Easy Builder: iBUYPOWER's Easy Builder walks consumers through the steps of finding the right computer rig for their gaming needs. Based on consumers’ gaming habits, iBuyPower makes suggestions for the right system.

• Custom liquid cooling: Gaming PCs require a lot of power, and without proper cooling and ventilation systems, they can overheat quickly. iBUYPOWER’s liquid cooling systems can keep a custom PC running at peak performance.

• Refurbished: iBUYPOWER offers a selection of refurbished computer systems at discount prices. Each system is guaranteed and comes with a 14-day return policy along with a 90-day warranty for laptops and a six-month warranty for desktops.

• Weekly specials: iBUYPOWER holds weekly rotating sales on desktop PCs, laptops and other computer equipment and hardware. Products are subject to availability.

• Laptop lines: In addition to its line of Battalion gaming laptops, iBuyPower sells ASUS and MSI gaming laptops. Screen sizes range from 14-18.4 inches.

• Best for: iBUYPOWER is best for high-level performance enthusiasts and consumers who want a powerful gaming PC.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs