Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.72/5
Based on 1,749 ratings submitted in the last year

iBUYPOWER Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iBUYPOWER?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about iBUYPOWER?

Original review: March 3, 2021

I ordered the computer with all of the parts I wanted and at the time it was at the beginning waves of the RTX 30 series cards shelling out and it was in the early stages of the Miner/Scalper craze. I expected upfront I would be paying a premium having the computer being built by someone else but I didn't want to deal with the headache of trying to procure the parts myself and I am glad that I did as I am sure if I didn't go with them I may still be waiting on some of the parts I desire today.

Overall, I love the fact that my unit came in fully intact with no parts visibly damaged. Even more impressive as the exterior box did have some damage during transit. I will state some of the minor details that were missed mostly because I feel that while it doesn't inhibit the ability for the unit to function properly, I do believe that awareness of these details could help improve the quality of labor to ensure that these minor details aren't missed later on.

The first issue that came up was that the only M.2 drive screw I received with the system was the one being used by the drive I ordered with the system. Because of this... I don't have the correct screws for securing a drive in my second M.2 drive slot and if it were not for my motherboard's M.2 heat sink for that slot I'd have nothing holding the drive in place. I know that not every customer that orders through iBuypower may be knowledgeable enough to notice but details like this can be embarrassing if in a GPU shortage like we have now... more knowledgeable customers have to order through them and they notice these things. I would not be bothered to make a specific mention of this if iBuypower offered replacement screw/hardware kits to fill such needs as M.2 slot screws.

The second issue that came up, my selected motherboard has a specific fan header set aside for liquid cooler pumps as it has presets in the motherboard BIOS to make that header more efficient for All-in-One liquid coolers. The system as I ordered it had an AiO and the fan header cable for it was not attached to the AiO pump header but instead to the CPU_OPT slot. Instead the AiO slot had a couple of the case fans plugged into it. I understand that not all motherboards have an AiO optimized fan header, but system builders that have as their job to build systems should at least have the ability to receive the information they need to most efficiently utilize the included parts. Again, I feel that it is likely a lack of access to information for the specific motherboard that may have been part of the cause of this small oversight.

While the second issue I was able to fix myself, the first issue I have yet to be able to find what I need and my attempts to reach through the motherboard's manufacturer has not been very promising. In the end, no issues with the BIOS or the system's ability to boot properly. It worked right out of the box and I am happy that I have the hardware that I wanted without the headache of trying to beat the scalper bots trying to get the hardware myself. The issues that came up I feel the greater share of buyers may not notice. And overall the positives far outweigh the negatives. I plan to recommend them if there is anyone hoping to get a gaming system that either is unaware of the current situation with GPUs and high end CPUs or they are aware and are looking for alternatives than dealing with the headaches of trying to acquisition the parts themselves fighting with scalpers and miners.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Buying from iBuyPower was great. There is a reason that they have won Secret Shopper (done by LinusTechTips) two times in a row. iBuyPower is aptly named because you do buy a lot of power for a very reasonable price. I built a custom PC from them, and it is great. Given the current chip shortage and scalpers, buying a prebuilt is really the cheapest way to get a gaming PC in early 2021.

That is not to mention that iBuyPower usually has deals, which make buying a PC from them super affordable (all things considered). For example, I got a 2080 super, a Ryzen 5 5600 x, and 32 gb of RGB ram for around $1,300. Buying it new, a 2080 super would equal the total cost of my system. Obviously, the 2080 super is an older generation card, so I could've opted for a 3060 ti which has around the same performance. However, even in a normal GPU environment, my iBuyPower build would have been cheaper by a significant margin. I cannot promise that you will be able to get as good a deal as I was because the 2080 super was likely discounted because they were getting rid of stock to move to the newer generation GPUs. Nevertheless, given the current environment and the regular deals that iBuyPower holds, buying from iBuyPower is still probably going to be cheaper than building your own for most of 2021.

Because many people are working from home, you will find that build times on custom PCs as opposed to their same day ready systems are quite long. It took around 4.5-5 weeks to get my system built which is pretty long. That's not to mention that my shipment was slowed down by the winter storm that hit the middle of the US which caused a couple weeks of delay on my shipment. As a result, in total, it took around 7-8 weeks for me to get my order. I can't fault iBuyPower much because they can only handle so many orders, and they cannot control the weather. You should factor in this time as you make your buying decision.

The only qualm I had with iBuyPower was their customer service. After a few weeks, I had seen no progress on my build, which I think is pretty normal given the amount of orders they are receiving. I tried to call them multiple times, but it always said their line was busy. It seems like they don't have a "hold" system for their phones, where you can wait until the next available representative. After a few days of attempting to speak to someone, I finally did, but it is pretty mind blowing that a company like iBuyPower has this problem. For this review, I called in, and the same thing happened. Although this was pretty frustrating, my overall experience was phenomenal, and I cannot recommend iBuyPower enough.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Great Deal on a custom Gaming PC. Ordered on Black Friday, and the total PC cost was cheaper that I could buy the parts myself by quite a bit. Took 3 weeks to arrive but with how busy the site was on Black Friday I'd assume that's pretty good time. I inspected the build when it arrived, and I was impressed with the build quality and cable management. I was especially impressed with the fact that the radiator on the AIO was installed tubes side down. Most builds I've seen on the internet and even most AIO instructions that I've seen show the tubes on the top.

Watching Gamers Nexus and Linus Tech Tips on YouTube they've mentioned that this is the preferred way because if there happens to be any bubbles of air in the system it will stay at the top of the radiator and won't ever get into the flow of the liquid cooling cycle. Little things like this tell me that the person building my PC really knew what they were doing, or at least were trained by someone who really understands the parts. It's little things like this that give a really good impression.

The only negative point that I have so far is that upon starting the system, Windows was not activated. Further the Windows Product Key is attached to the BIOS so I do not have a written form of it in my documentation. The Key in the system was a generic one that they use for all builds. iBuyPower's Customer Service and Tech Support is only M-F and I received my system on a Saturday. I was stuck resolving this myself. Lucky for me, I just happen to be an IT professional so a quick search led me to a Microsoft forum page for someone experiencing the same issue. A quick command prompt entry later and I had my product key and I was able to activate Windows.

This is something that either there should be documentation on how to perform or at the very least the product key should be properly placed into Windows by the build technician. I can imagine someone buying a PC for their kid but not being overly tech savvy themselves and being frustrated to have a problem that they have to wait two days for customer service to be available to fix on their brand new out of the box expensive PC. That said, while it was annoying, it was extremely minor and would not have stopped the system from performing during that time just would have been a minor annoyance so I still give five stars if only because the site won't let me give 4.9. I have otherwise been extremely impressed with everything about this PC. Overall, Fantastic Job iBuyPower!!!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I chose iBUYPOWER when deciding whether or not to build a PC on my own, price was the last barrier I had to consider. With rotating deals and coupon codes for 5% off (basically subtracts most of the tax from the total) the price difference between building it myself and having iBUYPOWER build it was incredibly competitive. Unless you plan on waiting for Black Friday or scouring the internet for the best deals on components iBUYPOWER in some cases can be cheaper or around the same price as building it yourself. When compared to other prebuilt PC companies none come close, iBUYPOWER blows them out of the water. I was easily able to create my own custom build. The website is easy to navigate and fairly straightforward, although I would have preferred more choices when it comes to Cases, motherboards and peripherals. I've personally ordered two custom PC's from their site.

Now for constructive criticism, when bundling a monitor with your PC, the status updates on the PC build process can be confusing. You'll receive an update that your order has been shipped only to be greeted by your monitor and not your PC. It's a small nuisance. Another thing to note is because of the current pandemic wait times seem to be all over the place. I personally had to wait a month and a half to get my PC while some of my buddies got theirs in a month. Just a temporary increase in wait times and it comes down to the individual's patience. After anxiously waiting for my PC to arrive... the day came. Packaging was not too crazy but protected my PC nevertheless. Powered up and worked as expected, I wanted to install an HDD I used in my old gaming laptop which meant I had to take off the side panel and throw it in. I was greeted with fairly good cable management for the price.

I've had my PC for a month now and so far no complaints, I wanted to wait and write this review until I had experienced it all. Time will tell how it holds up. A few bonus thoughts, When building and ordering my buddy his PC on the site I forgot a stick of RAM, it was a pain reaching customer support, must've called at least 20 times before getting through, luckily once you are through you should have a pleasant experience with the kind staff. Final note is that it would be nice if there was more options for the custom text engraving service, maybe you can make a special request but not having a choice on the font, size or location left me down to guessing what it would look like.

For those interested in the specs:
      AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor (8x 3.6GHZ/32MB L3 Cache)
      ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
      NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
      Mouse:
      Corsair M65 RGB Elite Tunable FPS Gaming Mouse
      Case Engraving Service:

Custom Message

Original review: July 13, 2020

I purchased a computer from iBUYPOWER during their Memorial Day sales event. I received it at the end of June and so far, I have been extremely happy with every step of the design, purchase, construction, and delivery process. I waited about two weeks to put the machine through its paces before reviewing, and I am excited to say that I couldn't be happier with it.

I used the Intel Core i9 configurator to build out the machine that I wanted. The interface for building out your machine is simple to understand and very helpful. All the necessary information is included and pictures as well, so you know exactly what you are getting. The configurator also warns you if you have chosen incompatible parts (i.e. if the motherboard doesn't support another component) and helps you resolve those issues, while also still giving you access to the array of parts the company has available. It also gives you a virtual mock-up of what your computer tower will look like as you add/remove parts in the configurator, which was a nice touch. The website is simple and efficient, one of the best parts about the experience.

Customer service is extremely helpful and cordial. They have been great with communication during the entire process and it is easy to track the status of your order on the website. They also email you regularly to update you on the status of the order. If some time has passed since an update, you can always reach out to customer service for a more specific update. I did this twice and both times was given accurate information and both times the agents were friendly and helpful.

I received the system in the mail, and it was well protected with multiple boxes and materials. The interior of the tower is protected with a shape-melding foam for the shipping process. The included instructions were clear and easy to understand to quickly unpack, check over the system for connections that may have shifted during shipping, and plugging it in to get started. You can have the computer out of the box and running in under 10 minutes if you really want to (I took my time and took pretty pictures, so it took me a bit longer).

The machine runs like a beauty. I cannot tell you how much faster it is than my old machine (LOTS). I'm not going to go into total detail of the whole build here, but one thing I will heavily advocate for is to not skimp on the SSD you buy. A higher end SSD, especially if it is the only hard drive you are getting, is essential and I am SO HAPPY with this one (1 TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD). It is a beautiful case (Lian Li LANCOOL II) and actually takes up less space than my previous machine as well. The RGB software for the motherboard was already installed on the machine and connected to the RGB lighting strip inside the case. It's beautiful to look at inside and out! Thanks for a stellar experience iBUYPOWER! I will update the review once the computer ages a bit more, but I cannot see that my rating will change based on the level of service I have received so far. A+.

Original review: May 1, 2021

The way the market is for GPU's made me look for pre-built pc's. iBUYPOWER has a customizable pre-built feature where you can choose the separate parts in your pc as if you're building it yourself. It was perfect for me and the pc came quicker than I expected. I highly recommend.

Original review: May 1, 2021

My PC was fantastic. No issues upon arrival and setup was simple too. I highly recommend buying from IBP because they have great options. My PC has ran perfectly and also looks really good too. If you are in the market for a PC, IBP is a great place to look.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I LOVE THIS BRAND. It’s so great as a starter brand if your getting your toes into pc gaming! The prices are great considering what’s going on in the world currently (COVID). Definitely check out your local micro center if you have one to get some more answers (or Best Buy)

Original review: May 1, 2021

The pc I got was a custom build and it was amazing and it also did not take long to arrive despite the covid delays. Recommending iBUYPOWER to all my friends and will definitely purchase from again in the future.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Computer arrived ahead of schedule, perfectly assembled, and fully functioning. Could probably use a little more guidance in regards to setting up higher end ram to the advertised clocking speeds along with Windows activation for anyone unfamiliar with computers. That being said, fantastic build, great case, clean internals, and wasn't incredibly overpriced like a lot of these places.

iBUYPOWER author review by ConsumerAffairs

iBUYPOWER was founded in 1999 to offer custom PCs that are focused on power and cutting edge technology to keep up with the demands of the growing gaming market. Located in City of Industry, Calif., iBuyPower is now one of the leading manufacturers and retailers of gaming PCs for consumers in the United States.

• Easy Builder: iBUYPOWER's Easy Builder walks consumers through the steps of finding the right computer rig for their gaming needs. Based on consumers’ gaming habits, iBuyPower makes suggestions for the right system.

• Custom liquid cooling: Gaming PCs require a lot of power, and without proper cooling and ventilation systems, they can overheat quickly. iBUYPOWER’s liquid cooling systems can keep a custom PC running at peak performance.

• Refurbished: iBUYPOWER offers a selection of refurbished computer systems at discount prices. Each system is guaranteed and comes with a 14-day return policy along with a 90-day warranty for laptops and a six-month warranty for desktops.

• Weekly specials: iBUYPOWER holds weekly rotating sales on desktop PCs, laptops and other computer equipment and hardware. Products are subject to availability.

• Laptop lines: In addition to its line of Battalion gaming laptops, iBuyPower sells ASUS and MSI gaming laptops. Screen sizes range from 14-18.4 inches.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team