4.8/5 (794 ratings)

About iBUYPOWER

iBUYPOWER Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iBUYPOWER?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about iBUYPOWER?

Original review: March 28, 2022

I bought gaming computer from iBuyPower. (1) First on the specs of the computer. Most of the components have details on the spec sheet, so that is fine. But there are a few that do not have details. iBuyPower really skimped on the SSD. So best that you confirm the brand/model/spec for key components before purchase, to prevent any surprises.

CPU: always clear on spec sheet. Motherboard: chipset is stated. But no brand/model. It turned out it had ATX board. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it will have Micro-ATX. Graphics: GPU is clearly stated, but brand/model is not. It is by Gigabyte. Good. Memory: spec is clearly stated, but brand/model is not. I had problem with the DRAM memory and had to do RMA. More details below. SSD: Only size is stated (M.2 1TB) on spec sheet. No more info on spec sheet. ADATA Swordfish 1800 MBs Read / 1200 MBs Write. Ridiculously slow!

(2) Memory issue. The DRAM is spec'ed at DDR4 3200 MHz. This is with XMP (Extreme Memory Profile), which is a kind of overclocking that is checked, confirmed, and spec'ed by memory manufacturer. However, the memory units I received cannot run at XMP. One test is PUBG. Once I air drop in the game, the game will crash within 5 minutes. And another test is Prime95. I get error within 1 minute of running the test. If I turn off XMP and default to 2400 MHz, no more crashes.

I called iBuyPower tech support, who was quite helpful. I explained the issue; and he got it right away. He mentioned this can be due to DRAM or Motherboard. If I have another DDR4 memory, I should install that to test it out. I got another DDR 3000MHz DRAM from another PC and works fine on this unit. So this suggest it is DRAM issue. Got the RMA for DRAM and it is working now.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

Let me start off with great PCs but do not buy a custom cooling system build. I have owned several Ibuypower PCs over the years and I have always been extremely happy with my purchases. They have always done a great job and I don't have any problems with their builds. The only issue I have is with their custom liquid cooling installation. I purchased a new PC a little over 2 years ago and so far the liquid cooling has failed twice.

The first time was a little past the 1 year anniversary of my purchase. I called into their support center and advised them that the liquid cooling was failing at the point where the pipes go into the CPU cooler. I got an RMA and sent it to them. They advised that they fixed the problem and shipped it back to me but when I started it back up it was still leaking so I had to ship it back to them. They advised they fixed it again and sent back to me. I started it up and everything was running fine with no leaks to be found.

One year later it is leaking again at the same spot. I called in again and this time they told me that it's outside of the warranty period so I would have to pay for replacement parts. Plus I have to pay $150+ to have it shipped to them. I got a RMA but I haven't sent it in yet because they did such a horrible job with the first repair I wasn't sure they would actually fix it this time either. They also did a really bad job with bending the pipes and I'm surprised that their quality control department didn't tell them to bend the pipes again. I am not happy with the thought of having to pay $250+ every year to have my custom liquid cooling system not leak. I would highly recommend purchasing a PC from them as long as your purchase does not include a custom cooling system.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

I'm very glad I made my purchase with iBuyPower. PC got shipped about 3 weeks after putting in my order. The packaging was good and there were no defects or scratches. Everything was properly set up, XMP enabled, and cables are surprisingly well managed even though I didn't pay for professional wiring. I only had two problems. The first is that even though my PC got shipped with all the accessories and pamphlets that come with my components, they forgot to include the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth antennas. I contacted iBuyPower through their website's live chat, and they immediately sent replacement antennas free of charge. In fact, I received three different antennas so I can choose whatever suits me the best.

The second problem I had was PC thermal. I had a 3080 graphics card and a 5900X CPU. So, I didn't expect it to be running very cool. However, playing 4K ultra regularly pushed my CPU and GPU temps past 90C. The issue was the Kraken AIO not getting enough air from the front case panel. I removed the front panel and temps dropped to the high 50s low 60s. I decided to replace my case with Corsair 5000D airflow, and I'm having much better thermals and a more quiet PC overall. I don't think the case problem is iBuyPower's problem, but all of their available cases had a solid front panel. I really wish if they can diversify their options in that regard.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase. It's been a month since I received my PC, and it's been running great with no issues. I added three photos: one shows the side panel cable management, the original case, and the Corsair 5000D airflow case. With my limited interaction with customer service, I didn't face any problems or delays. I'd recommend iBuyPower for any friend or family member if they're not familiar with PC building.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

I chose an iBuyPower prebuild after months of comparing different assemblers online. I was upgrading from a 2017 prebuild from a different company and was wary of going this route again. The PC itself is amazing. Runs great, no issues and arrived in near perfect condition. The only thing keeping this review from being 5 stars is that it took roughly a month to get issues with the order straightened out with the company.

The website double ordered the PC causing it to be double charged on my credit card as well. When I tried cancelling online the cancel button was not there. There was a picture on the site about where the button should have been, but no actual button. I tried calling to cancel the duplicate order, but being a Saturday realized I'd have to wait until Monday to get ahold of anyone there. No problem, I called Monday and was told it would be cancelled. Tuesday rolls around and I get an email that both have shipped. Contacted customer support again who apologized and said they would contact FedEx to cancel the shipment.

Both PCs arrived anyways, and I was instructed to reject one so that it could be returned and I could get my refund. I do and keep in regular contact with their support team so I can get the double charge dropped from my card. I also realized they had not included the wifi card on this unit, but after sending a picture of the back of the PC they promptly sent one out. It took roughly a week after it had arrived back to them before the charge was dropped from my card -- after I complained that it had already dinged my credit score.

Overall, I was incredibly displeased with the ordering process. Their support team was very professional and polite, however their website and ordering process needs a major overhaul. But at the end of the day, I have my new PC which I'm hoping will last me many many years. It's fast, plays any games/streaming I want, and the lights and case are very slick.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

This is actually my 2nd time purchasing an IBuyPower PC. The first time I had a core I7 6700k GTX 970. The original build I got for Walmart, and it lasted me well over 4 years with it still being playable now. Recently I got a new PC and decided to go through IBuyPower again considering they didn't fail me last time. So, I bought a Gaming RDY SLHBG203 during a Black Friday sale and got it for over $400 - $500 off so I wasn't really expecting them to do an extremely great job because of it being such a steal. They actually went above and beyond!

Any slack is zip tied, the interior is clean with not a lot of cables everywhere, and the RGB is just so beautiful. The only reason I decided to knock off a star is because of the front case design could cause bad thermals. There are three fans in the front of the case with the top fan looking like it's going to be useless moving air. There is a tiny slit for the middle fan and a bottom slit for the bottom fan. I haven't really seen the components getting overly hot, but just warning that it could be possible.

Another issue you should watch out for is that the computer is covered with plastic wrap to make sure there isn't any dirt or smudges on the glass. The only problem is removing it can build static electricity which could be dangerous to the components if they get a shock so be careful. Long story short, you should definitely buy this! They've done a great job and I would recommend it anytime!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Love my PC! Took about two weeks to arrive after ordering it. PC came in secure packaging (recommend keeping the package in case you ever need to move your PC!) Been over 6 months and it still runs fast and looks beautiful. Would definitely buy from again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Great company. I bought during black friday deals which were crazy. Also delivered super fast and in perfect condition. It is like they say just plug it in and start using. The pc case honestly even looks better than I thought it looked in the pictures.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Fast easy and built just right. Purchasing and building pc was made simple for anyone to do even with minimal computer skills. They had everything you need and the support you want anytime you need it. Highly recommend them for gaming PC.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

This PC is amazing. The colors are very vibrant and the quality is perfect. The only things is it doesn't come with many games available... The pc is great, need a lot more games and more features. The mouse kinda of sucks as well.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

A while back I was shopping and I come across a iBuyPower gaming PC and thought it's time to upgrade. It was the best experience I ever had with any sort of gaming PC. The games run very smoothly. It's just a very good company I had to leave a review on my experience.

iBUYPOWER author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

iBUYPOWER was founded in 1999 to offer custom PCs that are focused on power and cutting edge technology to keep up with the demands of the growing gaming market. Located in City of Industry, Calif., iBuyPower is now one of the leading manufacturers and retailers of gaming PCs for consumers in the United States.

• Easy Builder: iBUYPOWER's Easy Builder walks consumers through the steps of finding the right computer rig for their gaming needs. Based on consumers’ gaming habits, iBuyPower makes suggestions for the right system.

• Custom liquid cooling: Gaming PCs require a lot of power, and without proper cooling and ventilation systems, they can overheat quickly. iBUYPOWER’s liquid cooling systems can keep a custom PC running at peak performance.

• Refurbished: iBUYPOWER offers a selection of refurbished computer systems at discount prices. Each system is guaranteed and comes with a 14-day return policy along with a 90-day warranty for laptops and a six-month warranty for desktops.

• Weekly specials: iBUYPOWER holds weekly rotating sales on desktop PCs, laptops and other computer equipment and hardware. Products are subject to availability.

• Laptop lines: In addition to its line of Battalion gaming laptops, iBuyPower sells ASUS and MSI gaming laptops. Screen sizes range from 14-18.4 inches.

iBUYPOWER Company Information