Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.70/5
Based on 1,495 ratings submitted in the last year

iBUYPOWER Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iBUYPOWER?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about iBUYPOWER?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Great Deal on a custom Gaming PC. Ordered on Black Friday, and the total PC cost was cheaper that I could buy the parts myself by quite a bit. Took 3 weeks to arrive but with how busy the site was on Black Friday I'd assume that's pretty good time. I inspected the build when it arrived, and I was impressed with the build quality and cable management. I was especially impressed with the fact that the radiator on the AIO was installed tubes side down. Most builds I've seen on the internet and even most AIO instructions that I've seen show the tubes on the top.

Watching Gamers Nexus and Linus Tech Tips on YouTube they've mentioned that this is the preferred way because if there happens to be any bubbles of air in the system it will stay at the top of the radiator and won't ever get into the flow of the liquid cooling cycle. Little things like this tell me that the person building my PC really knew what they were doing, or at least were trained by someone who really understands the parts. It's little things like this that give a really good impression.

The only negative point that I have so far is that upon starting the system, Windows was not activated. Further the Windows Product Key is attached to the BIOS so I do not have a written form of it in my documentation. The Key in the system was a generic one that they use for all builds. iBuyPower's Customer Service and Tech Support is only M-F and I received my system on a Saturday. I was stuck resolving this myself. Lucky for me, I just happen to be an IT professional so a quick search led me to a Microsoft forum page for someone experiencing the same issue. A quick command prompt entry later and I had my product key and I was able to activate Windows.

This is something that either there should be documentation on how to perform or at the very least the product key should be properly placed into Windows by the build technician. I can imagine someone buying a PC for their kid but not being overly tech savvy themselves and being frustrated to have a problem that they have to wait two days for customer service to be available to fix on their brand new out of the box expensive PC. That said, while it was annoying, it was extremely minor and would not have stopped the system from performing during that time just would have been a minor annoyance so I still give five stars if only because the site won't let me give 4.9. I have otherwise been extremely impressed with everything about this PC. Overall, Fantastic Job iBuyPower!!!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I chose iBUYPOWER when deciding whether or not to build a PC on my own, price was the last barrier I had to consider. With rotating deals and coupon codes for 5% off (basically subtracts most of the tax from the total) the price difference between building it myself and having iBUYPOWER build it was incredibly competitive. Unless you plan on waiting for Black Friday or scouring the internet for the best deals on components iBUYPOWER in some cases can be cheaper or around the same price as building it yourself. When compared to other prebuilt PC companies none come close, iBUYPOWER blows them out of the water. I was easily able to create my own custom build. The website is easy to navigate and fairly straightforward, although I would have preferred more choices when it comes to Cases, motherboards and peripherals. I've personally ordered two custom PC's from their site.

Now for constructive criticism, when bundling a monitor with your PC, the status updates on the PC build process can be confusing. You'll receive an update that your order has been shipped only to be greeted by your monitor and not your PC. It's a small nuisance. Another thing to note is because of the current pandemic wait times seem to be all over the place. I personally had to wait a month and a half to get my PC while some of my buddies got theirs in a month. Just a temporary increase in wait times and it comes down to the individual's patience. After anxiously waiting for my PC to arrive... the day came. Packaging was not too crazy but protected my PC nevertheless. Powered up and worked as expected, I wanted to install an HDD I used in my old gaming laptop which meant I had to take off the side panel and throw it in. I was greeted with fairly good cable management for the price.

I've had my PC for a month now and so far no complaints, I wanted to wait and write this review until I had experienced it all. Time will tell how it holds up. A few bonus thoughts, When building and ordering my buddy his PC on the site I forgot a stick of RAM, it was a pain reaching customer support, must've called at least 20 times before getting through, luckily once you are through you should have a pleasant experience with the kind staff. Final note is that it would be nice if there was more options for the custom text engraving service, maybe you can make a special request but not having a choice on the font, size or location left me down to guessing what it would look like.

For those interested in the specs:
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor (8x 3.6GHZ/32MB L3 Cache)
    ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
    Mouse:
    Corsair M65 RGB Elite Tunable FPS Gaming Mouse
    Case Engraving Service:

Custom Message

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I purchased a computer from iBUYPOWER during their Memorial Day sales event. I received it at the end of June and so far, I have been extremely happy with every step of the design, purchase, construction, and delivery process. I waited about two weeks to put the machine through its paces before reviewing, and I am excited to say that I couldn't be happier with it.

I used the Intel Core i9 configurator to build out the machine that I wanted. The interface for building out your machine is simple to understand and very helpful. All the necessary information is included and pictures as well, so you know exactly what you are getting. The configurator also warns you if you have chosen incompatible parts (i.e. if the motherboard doesn't support another component) and helps you resolve those issues, while also still giving you access to the array of parts the company has available. It also gives you a virtual mock-up of what your computer tower will look like as you add/remove parts in the configurator, which was a nice touch. The website is simple and efficient, one of the best parts about the experience.

Customer service is extremely helpful and cordial. They have been great with communication during the entire process and it is easy to track the status of your order on the website. They also email you regularly to update you on the status of the order. If some time has passed since an update, you can always reach out to customer service for a more specific update. I did this twice and both times was given accurate information and both times the agents were friendly and helpful.

I received the system in the mail, and it was well protected with multiple boxes and materials. The interior of the tower is protected with a shape-melding foam for the shipping process. The included instructions were clear and easy to understand to quickly unpack, check over the system for connections that may have shifted during shipping, and plugging it in to get started. You can have the computer out of the box and running in under 10 minutes if you really want to (I took my time and took pretty pictures, so it took me a bit longer).

The machine runs like a beauty. I cannot tell you how much faster it is than my old machine (LOTS). I'm not going to go into total detail of the whole build here, but one thing I will heavily advocate for is to not skimp on the SSD you buy. A higher end SSD, especially if it is the only hard drive you are getting, is essential and I am SO HAPPY with this one (1 TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD). It is a beautiful case (Lian Li LANCOOL II) and actually takes up less space than my previous machine as well. The RGB software for the motherboard was already installed on the machine and connected to the RGB lighting strip inside the case. It's beautiful to look at inside and out! Thanks for a stellar experience iBUYPOWER! I will update the review once the computer ages a bit more, but I cannot see that my rating will change based on the level of service I have received so far. A+.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Amazing PC, Great Service and high performance parts. I bought my PC around 2-3 months ago and I had an issue with it but it was unrelated to IBuyPower, They helped me either way and were able to get me my awesome PC up and working again!

Original review: March 3, 2021

The Pc was amazing overall and helped me do everything I needed to do when it comes to streaming and gaming together. It was packaged perfect and didn't take long to receive with everything going on in the world today. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Recently bought a computer from iBUYPOWER and it works great. I get great FPS, no frame drops, and no BSODs. Amazing! This is a great pc for the price and I enjoyed my experience with IBP. Hoping to get a long life out of it as I spent good money. Ordered in January, received in February. Good deal!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

It was the best experience of my life. So satisfied with everything! For a first time game this Pc is truly a beauty and it is worth every little penny. I recommend this computer to anyone who needs one!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

My PC arrived very quickly when considering my holiday rush order and I have not had a single problem whatsoever since then. The discord team has made me into a lifelong customer due to the extremely quick customer service.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

This PC has outperformed my expectations of it by running GTA at max settings with 63 fps.... Coming from a console player the adjustment is amazing! I am able to run every game I have wanted to play at max settings with the ability to use my controller as well if I want to go back to that console feel but with a more soothing experience! I am very satisfied with this purchase. :)

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Purchased a custom build direct from site, and it is amazing. The options were mind blowing, but the configuration tool was great it always alerted me if something I picked was incompatible with an existing part or if it was going to require an additional part. I got all the excitement / drama of building my own machine with the exact components I wanted but didn't have to be sick with the fear I was going to screw it up. Now, well let's just say I will buy from here again with no regrets.

iBUYPOWER author review by ConsumerAffairs

iBUYPOWER was founded in 1999 to offer custom PCs that are focused on power and cutting edge technology to keep up with the demands of the growing gaming market. Located in City of Industry, Calif., iBuyPower is now one of the leading manufacturers and retailers of gaming PCs for consumers in the United States.

• Easy Builder: iBUYPOWER's Easy Builder walks consumers through the steps of finding the right computer rig for their gaming needs. Based on consumers’ gaming habits, iBuyPower makes suggestions for the right system.

• Custom liquid cooling: Gaming PCs require a lot of power, and without proper cooling and ventilation systems, they can overheat quickly. iBUYPOWER’s liquid cooling systems can keep a custom PC running at peak performance.

• Refurbished: iBUYPOWER offers a selection of refurbished computer systems at discount prices. Each system is guaranteed and comes with a 14-day return policy along with a 90-day warranty for laptops and a six-month warranty for desktops.

• Weekly specials: iBUYPOWER holds weekly rotating sales on desktop PCs, laptops and other computer equipment and hardware. Products are subject to availability.

• Laptop lines: In addition to its line of Battalion gaming laptops, iBuyPower sells ASUS and MSI gaming laptops. Screen sizes range from 14-18.4 inches.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team