1.34/5

61 iBUYPOWER Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Do not buy anything from this company. Everyone has an attitude. Don't let your kid get enticed with the fancy website. They sound like a bunch of kids working out of a basement. My son bought a $4000 computer for Christmas from them and it's a literal lemon. They are charging to send a new graphics card and power cord. Stick with the big box stores and stay away from these fraudulent web sites. As a mother of a kid who was taken in by these clowns, I am offering you the advice you are seeking. STAY AWAY FROM iBUYPOWER!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

These guys are a total joke. They shipped me a broken system with a bad power supply and video card and charge me to return it. They "offered" to let me send it back to them where they would have it for 3 weeks to repair it. I offered to put the parts in so they charged me for the parts and said I "should" get a refund when I return the defective parts. Buyer beware.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I ordered a gaming desktop from these clowns on a Tuesday and was told my order should arrive by Thursday with their free two day shipping. It's now a full week later and I have not only not received my order, but I have no tracking information and only tentative promises from customer support staff that "It's being taken care of." That's not exactly reassuring when almost $2,000 worth of merchandise is somewhere in the mail.

The package arrived at my local distribution center who I called, only to have a FedEx employee say that the shipper (iBuyPower) had requested it be returned to them. I was not informed of this decision by email or otherwise, so I called iBuyPower customer service and waited on hold for nearly 30 minutes only to have a man who seemed annoyed that I was calling say something like "they" have gotten into our system and tried to reroute my package. I asked if my personal information was at risk and got a roundabout answer that in no way assured me my personal information hadn't been compromised.

He informed me that they had to ship it back to California to do an inspection to make sure the package wasn't damaged or tampered with but that they would overnight it to me as soon as possible and promised to get me a tracking number on the overnight package as soon as possible. 5 days have passed and I still don't have a tracking number or any guarantee that they're even trying to send it back to me. I almost get the feeling that I've been scammed and that there isn't a computer on the way.

I can't fully describe how annoying it has been to keep track of this shipment. With any other company, when there is a hiccup with the shipping process or the order was placed in error, I get constant status updates and reassurance that the problem is being worked on. With iBuyPower, I have had NONE of this. No email. No call. Not even a "we're sorry." I have had to repeatedly call their customer service line to wait on hold just so I can know whether my $2,000 gaming rig is with FedEx, with them, or at someone else's house.

My suggestion if you're going to buy an iBuyPower product, buy it from a third party. They might know how to build a gaming rig, but they have no idea how to render effective customer service. They completely deflected the blame of having an insecure ordering system (which is concerning in its own right) and have done NOTHING to rectify the problem, while keeping me in the dark the entire way. I ended up buying the parts individually and building the PC myself because I was so frustrated with their customer service. For the love of God, do not buy a PC directly from iBuyPower. Buy it from a third party or don't buy it at all. These are not people you want to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Bought a computer from them and then read the horrid reviews and much to my dismay, my experience was just as disappointing as many others. They send you constant emails about their quality control phases and when I got the computer the front USB ports didn't work. I contacted them and there was no kind of apology for the inconvenience at all and that they would send me a return label to send it back to be fixed which would have taken at least 3 weeks to get back. Lucky for me, my neighbor works on computers and pulled the connector for the front USB ports from the motherboard and noticed one of the pins was bent, as if it had just been shoved in there.

He bent the pin back and plugged it in and it worked like a charm. This should have been caught with all their "Quality control processes" that they supposedly do. That, coupled with their complete lack of customer service concern, makes me wonder why I even gave them 2 stars. Save yourself the headache and find a company that has better ratings when it comes to their products and customer service to build your computer.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

If you purchase from iBUYPOWER don't expect them to stand behind their products. I purchase a gaming PC at the beginning of January 2019. Upon receiving the PC I noticed a component that was supposed to be mounted inside the case did not fit inside the mount so I immediately contacted customer service via their online help. I did not receive any callback or correspondence in regards to my request for assistance. The following week I received a survey asking for feedback on my order. I filled out the survey and included a note in the comments section about my customer service issues and desire to resolve the issues I had noted with my order. Almost two week later I still had not received any assistance so I attempted their online chat help, where I spent over an hour as the first person in the queue.

Given my previous online help experience with iBUYPOWER I gave up on the live chat and attempted to call their customer service line. My first call to customer service was actually sent straight to voicemail so I called back two additional times before I finally got to a live representative. I explained my issues to the customer service rep and he stated that they were aware of the issue, had known about the issues prior to the sale, and couldn't wait until they finally sold the last of their stock because he's constantly getting calls about the issue. That means this company is fully aware that they are selling a false bill of goods to their customers and have absolutely no issue with selling faulty products in the hopes that if they dodge the requests for help long enough they won't have to deal with it.

I was given two options to resolve my situation. Request a refund and take my son's birthday present away from him so that I can potentially try to find a different computer without the benefit of holiday deals that were available when I made my initial decision (resulting in both an opportunity and time loss) or I can tape the item inside of the computer since the mount provided doesn't work. If you know it's broken don't sell it, if you still insist on selling it warn the customer of the known issues, doing anything less is false advertising and tantamount to robbery.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iBUYPOWER?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I purchased two high end gaming computers. Within less than a year the keyboards have both started to fail. I have to unplug them for a hour and reconnect to use them. I requested replacements. They said send the defective ones back, also they said I have to pay the shipping on the returns. I purchased two keyboards today for $20, that would be half the cost of my time and the shipping and boxing. It's a shame they sell such a cheap keyboard. This is the last time I buy anything from iBUYPOWER.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I had purchased iBUYPOWER from Best Buy before so I felt confident buy new custom computers from them would be safe. I purchase two very expensive top of the line gaming systems for my kids in November 2017 - Black Friday. I paid RUSH shipping and a rush build charge. When I finally got the systems Dec. 24, the evening of Christmas I was obviously annoyed but happy they arrived. Here is where the fun begins. Both computers Blue screen of death 5-8 times on Christmas day.

I ran all updates, re-seated RAM and graphics cards, but they still blue screen errored continuously. When I called tech support, they told me to reseat the RAM. After back and forth work to no resolve, I returned the computers. I packed them exactly the way they came and then refunded me 500 less than I paid. Dealing with them is a nightmare. If I were you, don't get your top of the line computer from them directly. These do not support their work and make it impossible for you to work with them. At least with Best Buy, you can return and get a full refund. DON'T GET RIPPED OFF BY THESE GUYS!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Tower only lasted 6 months and motherboard is bad. They didn't cover this under the 1 year warranty. Spent $1049 after taxes and didn't cover the motherboard when it went out. They said I overclocked the processor and I didn't. I'm not familiar with motherboard or CPU settings, didn't overclock. Two local computer shops as well as Best Buy said it was motherboard or CPU and it would cost 300-600+ (not including if CPU was bad as well.) I never would overclock anything and this system wasn't purchased for gaming. I purchased this system for a performance PC for editing pictures videos and doing architectural design. Will never deal with IBUYPOWER AGAIN.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I bought a new computer directly from them in late 2017. The first time I tried booting it failed and I got an error message, but, it eventually booted. Got to the point I left it on 24/7. Now, it's been a paperweight for 6 months. It doesn't work. Yes they said, "Send it to us." But DID YOU READ THE DETAILS of how to pack it? I looked for weeks for an appropriate box and just gave up. BTW, someone in their tech dept. is a real piece of work. There's a lot more I'd like to say but I just keep getting madder and madder as I think about this. Don't believe me? Buy a system and see for yourself. You've been warned. Don't believe me? Buy a system and see what happens.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered a custom desktop that was pretty damn expensive. The idiot in me assumed that if you pay a lot of money for something that you’ll get something good. Upon starting up the PC... oh wait, that’s right. It didn’t turn on when it arrived. Had to immediately send it back for a “repair.” Repair is a strong word because that’s usually reserved for things that ever worked in the first place. I naively didn’t just ask for a refund and the computer is getting repaired now... Hopefully it works. I should have used a different company.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Had an issue that parts were out of stock, had to call myself to correct issue. The parts out of stock again and had to call again to correct issue. 3 weeks after purchase I got an email saying order had started processing. I called and customer service had no answers. I asked for Manager and got Richard **. Incredibly rude, he started saying that I was complaining for no reason and questioned why I was even calling and that I needed to wait as long as it took. I asked questions to clarify and the Manager Richard ** said I was wasting his time and hung up on me. Called back and he hung up again. I was shocked and offended and wanted to get my issue resolved. Eventually as a customer I gave up. They have my money, I was disrespected by the manager Richard **, who actually laughed at me on the phone, and I am embarrassed to have been a party to such disrespect as a United States Marine. Shop elsewhere if you want customer service that cares.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Less than one year my computer constantly had issues, I shipped it to them and months later they said they couldn't find anything wrong. It was returned to me and within the first 15 minutes, same issue rendering it unusable, multiple tickets sent with photos and video and either ignored or told there was nothing wrong. Ended up getting a new computer from a real company as I was in college and a computer was a must.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Not even sure where to start, first the pc crashed and wouldn't let me reinstall Windows (went through the RMA process to get a new hard drive and Intel Optane memory stick. Hard drive was new but the optane stick was pre-used). Then after finally getting windows back on it constantly still crashed any time I tried to do multiple actions at once. Noticed what I thought was a "void if tampered with sticker" but in fact they never removed the film from the CPU cooler thus making it overheat and blue screen. LUCKILY Amazon refunded my money. Never again will I go through iBuypower. Never. ** company.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Bought a brand new PC for $2000 and in less than a month started having problems. Filed numerous support tickets to help but issue after issue and I'm still having problems with it. Sent it to be repaired even. No help. Couldn't return it.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I spent over a grand on a computer from iBUYPOWER and at first the rep we spoke with was great and said just to send in the defective piece and that they would replace it. It's not an old computer. They would charge us initially for the replacement part, but would refund once the defective piece arrived. Well, they never told us how to pay, so we called back in good faith to do so. Turns out we ended up speaking with the most stuck-up crappy person we could have that kept spouting off about how other reps don't follow the rules. Now, because we cannot find the dang receipt, they are refusing to replace it. We called back, hoping to get another rep (the one we spoke with before preferably) and the previous rep had noted our account that they were not to help us without the stupid receipt. Seriously frustrating to spend so much money on a product and be let down like this.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We purchased their gaming computer on November 27, 2017, spending nearly $1700 for just the CPU alone. In less than 2 weeks, the motherboard failed—completely fried. We took it back to the retailer, and because the purchase was within a month, they even-exchanged the failed CPU with a brand new system on December 5th, 2017. Flash forward to December 4th, 2018... YEP! The motherboard fried and CPU failed again. Let that sink in... THE SECOND MOTHERBOARD FRIED 364 DAYS into the manufacturer’s warranty.

The only thing we have going for us is that it failed the day before the warranty ran out, but it still cost me nearly $90 to ship it to their California facility. I wrote the company and called the company, but I feel that they will not rectify the situation to our liking... but we shall see. I will, however, post a follow-up once we have our fixed CPU back. In the meantime, Please do not waste your money by buying a gaming computer from this company.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

This is a terrible company. Gaming computer purchased through Best Buy was under warranty. I had to ship it back to iBUYPOWER for repairs. Did everything their way. Now they say they won't pay 123.82 for shipping it to them because I didn't give proof of purchase. Under their rules they wouldn't even do anything until I gave them proof of purchase first which I did. These people are out to rip off customers and their product is no good.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Not worth your money. The CPU is only thing value. The rest almost trash. Paid over 900 for this PC and it ready bad. Stock cooler, no SSD. After long time using it became very slow. Have to spent more 400$ to buy extra 4GB RAM, SSD and 1050Ti. When 1100 you already get better pre-build PC by professional.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I just bought a iBUYPOWER desk, I recommended for everyone. This computer is the next level trust me. Very good quality and was delivered really safely and fast. I love it, coming with lights, colors, mouse and keyboard that are really cool.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My father bought my son a computer for Christmas last year and spent a lot of money on it. The computer didn't even last a year before the motherboard went on it. I tried calling both customer service numbers and kept getting a recording saying to call back. I then called the office numbers which also didn't work. I finally called tech support and got someone, ridiculous! I asked if they supplied a box and label to ship the broken computer back, since the warranty is good for 3 years and I was told they don't provide either. That we should've saved the box in case anything happened to the computer in which we would need to ship it back and was also told that there was an option to pay for shipping back to the company when the computer was purchased.

Seriously?! I have to pay you in advance to provide me a shipping label when the computer breaks??? Then you will send me a label? I asked how long this process would take and was told about 3 weeks. So now I have to package it, pay for the shipping label and wait three weeks to receive the computer back, this just gets better. I asked where I could leave a review, was not given an exact answer. I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was transferred and the phone rang and rang and rang for 4 minutes before I just hung up. I figured I wouldn't get anyone, just an easy way to get me off the phone.

I will be sure to leave a review everywhere I possibly can to advise others before you spend all that money and get shipped a poor quality computer. FYI, my son has numerous friends who have gone through this same thing and one had to ship the computer back more than once before finally getting his money refunded back to him. BEWARE... Look somewhere else for a gaming computer!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I spent a lot of money on this pc. I like the pc a lot. Very quiet but and is fast. I called them because my mic was not working. The guy on the phone was rude and acted like he did not wanna help. So I have spent hours trying to get it to work properly. Long story short I'll never buy from them again. These people don't care about the customer. I'm probably going to take it back. Keep in mind the store I bought 3000.00 when I was there. I got treat like that as far as this whole experience has been a nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Needed a new high end computer for work, was recommended to iBUYPOWER to customize a machine. Built up what I needed, added the 3 day rush and 1 day shipping as I needed the machine quickly. Was reassured by phone support multiple times that "No problem. Everything’s in order. We’ll have it out ASAP." On day 4 of no update I contact them, “sorry sir the power supply you wanted is out, we were waiting for it to come in.” I went ahead and bought the next one up and was assured that with this upgrade they’d have it out the next day.

Next day comes and goes no update, again I call, “sorry sir we see you upgraded the power supply but that one is out of stock too.” Frustrated beyond belief. They find one that has multiple in stock, he assures me he is putting a rush “note” on it, and that “it’s no problem. It’ll ship the following day. You can call and confirm it made it on the truck tomorrow.” So I do just that, I call the following day to get the same exact runaround I’ve been getting every step of the way. If at any moment they attempted to be honest with me It would of been one thing but the constant deceit and runaround every step of the process. So finally I again asked for a supervisor, explained the situation and asked for a solution, between his attitude and disingenuous responses I canceled my +$4k order. These people just don’t care, I wish I had read their reviews beforehand.

Original review: July 17, 2018

So I build my pc and placed my order on 5/16/2018. Then problems started. I wanted it shipped to my sister's address because I work odd hours and often out of town. So when I typed in shipping and billing addresses something went wrong and even though it was displayed properly on my end they said the billing address did not match my credit card's address so after 20 minutes on the phone we got that all fixed. On the 5/23/2018 they finally finished gathering parts for my pc. But then it was not till I called them 5/31/2018 that they actually got around to assembling it! The next day it shipped out! Yes finally! Wait. It's going to my billing address. _-_ Another call. They decide to inform me that for out of country shipments (Canada) they can only ship to billing address. Still don't know why.

So finally it come in on the 15th! I open it up, take out the foam thing and realize the usb expansion card they velcroed in has been bouncing around the case this whole time... so I fix that. I look at the fans and the bottom fans are supposed to have a screen cover but there is 2 spots one cover... Yesterday I went to use my Bluetooth on the Bluetooth/WiFi card. Guess what? The computer doesn't recognize the Bluetooth part. After installing the drivers etc I call them and they just tell me to install the drivers. O.O

So now I made my own screen and I'm using a 10 dollar Bluetooth usb key I got off Amazon. I re-glued the Velcro and redid some wiring so the wires are not pushing the usb card. Oh and when I saw the bill I was surprised 'cause when I see $2370 I don't expect to see a bill for 3129$ CAD and yes I realize the $ is on the opposite side of the amount but a USD would have been reaaall nice. Sorry for the rantyness but it was just a whole month of bad experience.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I received my new system on June 26, 2018. The order process was simple enough and it seemed I was getting a good deal. Once the payment process had taken place, it took about two days for the picking and assembly process to take place. It then sat waiting to be shipped for five days. I received it 3 days later than quoted. That was just the start of my troubles. Once I had it out of the box, I took off the side panels to inspect it. I noticed right away that the case fans weren't arranged according to my request. As I began to re-arrange them I noticed that the case fans had only two screws a piece. The pusher fan for the radiator only had three screws. Apparently someone was feeling lazy that day.

Once I had looked everything over and had the fans where I wanted them I got the system hooked up. I powered it on and the monitor couldn't see it as a source. I powered down, checked connections and tried again. This time I got a message saying to power down the system and attach the PCIe power cable to the graphics card. I checked the connection to the GPU and found that one of the connectors (the card needs two cables) had a small gap between it and the card. It would not properly seat. After detaching the cable I noticed that one of the pins on the card was bent down. The corresponding receptacle was mangled. Rather than making sure it seated properly, or stopping to wonder why it went on so hard, whoever had connected the cable had forced it on, which in turn forced the pin under the receptacle. That's very sloppy work. It also wasn't the problem.

Apparently I overestimated these people, because I hadn't recognized stupid when it was right in front of me. I removed the side panel again in order to replace the power cable to at least get the system working. They had attached the regular power cables to the PSU and used braided cable extensions, which I paid extra for, to complete the run out to the GPU. The extension with the bad connector was attached to nothing. They didn't just forget to plug it in, there was only one PCIe cable attached to the PSU. That's beyond sloppy. Just to make matters worse, one of the cables pulled free of the intact connector when I removed it from the card. Understand the implications of what I'm saying. It's impossible for this machine to have been put through quality control. It's also impossible for burn-in to have taken place. That's not merely a mistake, that's fraud.

I would hope that I could return the system to have the problems fixed at their expense, though I wouldn't count on that, but the way they do things it would be a month before I got it back. I'd return it outright, but there's no way they would waive the restocking fee and I'm not about to pay them for their mistakes. This is the Wal-Mart of custom gaming computer sites. Good selection, good prices and absolutely nothing else. They do shoddy work, there's no quality control and customer service is incompetent. I managed to fix the problems, but I can assemble a system on my own. If you can't, buy elsewhere. If you want a system you can use without worry out of the box, buy elsewhere. If you might need help with setup or getting started, buy elsewhere. The time and frustration you save yourself will be worth far more than saving a few dollars.

After finally getting it running, I settled into performing the many tasks that need to be completed to get the system running smoothly. I quickly remembered that there was one other action that needed to be taken. I got up, took the front panel off of the case, doused the iBUYPOWER logo plate with rubbing alcohol, and tore it off. Now it's good to go.

Original review: July 6, 2018

This being my third new iBuyPower system over ~10 years I expected the same great experience as the previous two times, and am disappointed enough to have to write a negative review. Ordered system on 5/26, received on 6/13, package and system looked good, inside looked good (nothing obviously disconnected). Installed software for my daughter as it's her first new PC (previously got my hand-me-downs) as a gift for great school performance. Worked fine until late June, then started randomly shutting down, sometimes successfully rebooting, doing more frequently as time went on, finally not staying on for more than a few minutes at a time. Checked Event logs and found common error for power supply.

Called IBP yesterday at first opportunity (their hours are M-F during workday Pacific) for Tech Support, expecting remote access and diagnostics to confirm problem, something my own company in Sales and Marketing does. Told no such software or capability for IBP. Told could be power supply or mobo, no way to tell, have to try replacing one at a time until find problem. Told could ship same PS if I paid for it, to be refunded upon return of defective part, or they'd e-mail me RMA label, I could find box and packing material and ship PS to them, and upon receipt they'd ship replacement I can install.

Went with option B as not letting them cost me any more money, and although called with a couple hours to go in their business day, still haven't gotten e-mailed RMA label. Also told not enough complaints about this power supply to warrant a different manufacture or model, despite my expressing concern problem could reoccur if defective batch, in my experience a common issue from component manufacturers.

Meanwhile have to set daughter up on my PC, excluding my use, as she's off on summer vacation in a 90's degree heatwave and trying to utilize a Fortnite BattlePass that expires if not completed in time. All this within 30 days of receipt of new system, so giving serious consideration to returning entire system for refund and buying elsewhere for this and fairly frequent future systems. Unless wowed by Customer Service moving forward will likely be my last IBP system anyway. Don't have time or patience to pay thousands of $ to troubleshoot and rebuild defective product.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I bought an ASUS laptop. It was OK at first then the keyboard started to act up. I called the 800 number no answer for 3 days trying off and on. Finally got a ** on the phone whose job it was to piss off the customer. Mission accomplished. He gave a website to go to and sign up for service. I did all he said and now 4 months later NO RESPONSE. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS RIP OFF AGAIN. This company need to be sued.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I purchased a computer from them that after 4 months, it started to act up and would give my daughter a blue screen. It then wouldn't let us sign back on. I took it to a local computer repair place that had to reload Windows 10 onto it and they also told me that the stick of RAM was bad as well as two of the cores in the processor. This cost me about $150 to find this out. But since it was under warranty I contacted iBUYPOWER about the problem, and the guy was very short with me and talked down to me. He asked if I was in front of the computer, I told him I wasn't due to me being at work but that I had all of the information like the serial number and what the repair place said was wrong with it. But he told me he couldn't help me if I did not have the computer in front of me and told me to call back tomorrow.

I called back the next day and this time I dealt with a young lady, who apparently didn't care if I was in front of the computer or not, but she told me that I had to register the problem online. She gave me a special code to register with and then they would email me an "RA" number. She told me my two options were that I had to pay to ship it back to them in California (As they have no authorized repair locations) or I could have the parts shipped to me, but I would have to purchase them and just get refunded once I sent the defective parts back. But since I don't have several hundred dollars laying around to purchase the parts my only option was to ship it back to them. I did the online register thing like she talked about and then waited for the email with the "RA" number.

After a week and no email, I placed call number 3 to them, and this time asked to speak to a supervisor. Once this guy gets on the phone I explain the situation to him and he states that he sees my "RA" number but couldn't tell me why I never received an email with it. He gave this to me over the phone and then I proceeded to the shipping store with the computer. It cost me about $170 to have it packed and shipped to iBUYPOWER. On Monday I received an automated email from iBUYPOWER stating that they received my computer and that it will take about five days for the repair.

Then the next day I receive another email from iBUYPOWER stating that my computer suffered some damage during shipment, along with a couple photos of a cracked case, and stated that they were suspending any repairs to my computer until I file a claim with my carrier, and that such claims could take up to four weeks. This is absolutely poor service in my opinion. After that I was completely done with any future dealings with this company. Since I had purchased this through Amazon, I contacted them and told them about the poor customer service I was receiving from iBUYPOWER, and they were not very pleased that they were treating their customers that way.

I was instructed to contact iBUYPOWER and have them send the computer back to me as is and that they were going to issue me a full refund on the computer. So be warned if you choose to purchase a computer from iBUYPOWER, don't expect the greatest of customer service when you have an issue. This company needs to learn that customer service is what gets them return business, and word of mouth and social media today, bad customer service can have an impact on their business. I for one, will never purchase another computer from them again.

Original review: June 17, 2018

This computer is alright for playing games, but you are forced to have Windows 10 which is awful, changing the desktop is difficult, finding picture albums is difficult, making a search for something is impossible, instead of finding for example, "favorite songs", it goes online to websites instead of something you already have on your PC.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Called for support because system was in a boot loop. The laptop does not have an optical drive but they gave me a Windows install disc. I digress. Tech support answers, says, "How can I help you." I explain the issue and they disconnected the call. All I wanted was a solution to turning the disc into a form I could use and info on how to install Optane drivers. Do not get a computer here or pay extra for support help. Also there is no quality control check. Out of the box and there were issues. (Pictures are of the first day turning it on.)

Original review: June 8, 2018

I recently bought a pc from iBUYPOWER and on the box it says 16 gigs of ram. When I got it home and after having loaded my software onto it, I noticed that is only had 8 gig. I have tried contact support after work but they are gone for the day and I have tried at 8:15 am before work to contact them and they are not in. This is very annoying as I cannot contact them between 9 to 5 due to work, which I suspect is when they might actually be in.

iBUYPOWER expert review by ConsumerAffairs

iBUYPOWER was founded in 1999 to offer custom PCs that are focused on power and cutting edge technology to keep up with the demands of the growing gaming market. Located in City of Industry, Calif., iBuyPower is now one of the leading manufacturers and retailers of gaming PCs for consumers in the United States.

• Easy Builder: iBUYPOWER's Easy Builder walks consumers through the steps of finding the right computer rig for their gaming needs. Based on consumers’ gaming habits, iBuyPower makes suggestions for the right system.

• Custom liquid cooling: Gaming PCs require a lot of power, and without proper cooling and ventilation systems, they can overheat quickly. iBUYPOWER’s liquid cooling systems can keep a custom PC running at peak performance.

• Refurbished: iBUYPOWER offers a selection of refurbished computer systems at discount prices. Each system is guaranteed and comes with a 14-day return policy along with a 90-day warranty for laptops and a six-month warranty for desktops.

• Weekly specials: iBUYPOWER holds weekly rotating sales on desktop PCs, laptops and other computer equipment and hardware. Products are subject to availability.

• Laptop lines: In addition to its line of Battalion gaming laptops, iBuyPower sells ASUS and MSI gaming laptops. Screen sizes range from 14-18.4 inches.

• Best for: iBUYPOWER is best for high-level performance enthusiasts and consumers who want a powerful gaming PC.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs