Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.26/5

iBUYPOWER Reviews

Original review: June 2, 2020

I typically build my own computers but I'm extremely busy with work right now so I really didn't want to go through the hassle of putting everything together and dealing with any RMAs. IBP has a very reasonable price, everything was really easy to do on their website, and they keep you informed the whole way from start to finish. I received the computer a week earlier than anticipated and all I had to do was unpack it and turn it on. No building, no cable management, no praying that everything works, just plugged in and boom I was here writing a review in minutes.

iBUYPOWER response

Hello Riley, thank you for your 5-star review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with our company and our community. Your feedback is certainly valuable to us and we’re thrilled that your experience met or exceeded your expectations. We always strive to provide the best customer experience possible. We look forward to hearing from you again for your future computer needs.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I bought a same day ready system from IBUYPOWER, the Gaming RDY LCIIBG202 - I had a very limited budget with what I wanted to spend and parts being available from New Egg and Tiger Direct. It ended up turning out that not only is the computer I bought from IBUYPOWER a lot nicer than the computer I was gonna custom build but it was also alot cheaper than what I expected for the combo of items I got. Very good computers, got this one within under a week (and I would have got it faster if not for memorial day weekend). Fantastic company, would highly recommend getting a computer from here.

iBUYPOWER response

Hello Michael, thank you for your 5-star review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with our company and our community. Your feedback is certainly valuable to us and we’re thrilled that your experience met or exceeded your expectations. We always strive to provide the best customer experience possible. We look forward to hearing from you again for your future computer needs.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2020

This pc is awesome for gaming and at good price. this is my first pc ever and so far I'm loving it. I'm glad I choose this pc as my first. This pc is great for playing Fortnite, R6, and also for streaming. I use daily. the keyboard and mouse it came with are great too. They both have led lights making awesome at night.

iBUYPOWER response

Hello Joshua, thank you for your 5-star rating. We appreciate that you took the time to rate your experience and look forward to hearing from you again for your future computer needs.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Whatever Gaming PC or laptop you buy from iBuyPower you are getting the best I have bought of them and they are working like a dream. No problems and if you do have a problem they go out of their way to help you with it. They get five Stars from me and more.

iBUYPOWER response

Hello Richard, thank you for your 5-star review. We appreciate that you took the time to provide your valuable feedback. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction is our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to serving you again.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Amazing customer service. Great PC. Fast, reliable, and looks good. 5/5 would buy again! I had an issue with the wifi card and called them up. After going through some different troubleshooting options we were able to fix it.

iBUYPOWER response

Hello Brian, thank you for your latest 5-star review. It is great to hear that you think so highly of our builds and that you would rate it a 5 out of 5. If you do require any further assistance then please let us know!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iBUYPOWER?

Original review: May 31, 2020

This is my first time buying and owning a PC. At first, I was very scared to place an order because I read some reviews online, especially in their Reddit section, and trust me, it was pretty bad. However, I just decided to give them a try because I found a system that was on sale and it includes most of the specs that I wanted.

After tweaking it for a while, I finally come to a completion for my build. I placed an order and wait (trust me this is the hardest part of it all). I waited for around 2 and half weeks, which is pretty fast considering covid is still going on during this time. The system is actually arrived a week earlier than the expected delivery date and I'm very fortunate about that.

Based on my experience with the company, here are the things I can tell you. First of all, don't be afraid to ask or call the customer service if you have any concern or question regarding your system. However, don't be too naggy and always be polite (trust me on this, it will go a long way). Second, I'm not sure if I'm super lucky with this purchase or no, but so far the system has been performing REALLY well and I have no complaints whatsoever about it. Everything works as intended and I'm super happy about it. Overall, if this is your first time owning a PC or you just want to put all the hassle of building your own PC aside, ibuypower is a great choice. They have a fantastic customer service, builder, etc. Once again, it has been a pleasure doing business with you guys. I had such an amazing experience.

iBUYPOWER response

Hello Anthony, thank you for your 5-star review. We appreciate that you took the time to provide your valuable feedback. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction is our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to serving you again.

Original review: May 23, 2020

My review is of the same day ready system Gaming RDY EMRRG202. I have built computers for the last 20 years and for the first time I bought a ready built system. The reason for this is the lack of parts due to a shortage of good motherboards and power supplies. I wanted to build a Ryzen 3700x, X570-plus motherboards, and a RTX card. This system had all three that I was looking at. Good luck trying to find the ASUS X570-plus for its listed $190 value, it is selling for $300 plus now. If I bought the CPU, mobo, and GPU alone it would have cost me $1000. I got the system for $1450. It is a great value and I would fully recommend it even for people who like to build their own systems. It is cheaper to go with iBUYPOWER than build your own. My system was shipped in two days and was nicely packaged. It was a great experience and everything worked properly right of the bat.

Now for the two negatives. The RAM with the system is pretty but I will be replacing it soon. The memory timings are pretty bad at 16, 20, 20, 38. If you benchmark the RAM it falls short of all of your other components. The power supply is a non-modular Thermaltake 80 gold plus. I really don't like this PSU, but there is a shortage out there. When power supplies become obtainable I will probably replace it with a modular Seasonic. The cabling is also not as neat as I would have liked, but I am a builder and take my time with builds. Non-modular PSUs are very time consuming to do correctly and at the price I paid for the system I expected a quick install. The cheap gaming mouse is actually decent and surprised me.

However, the gaming keyboard is an absolute piece of junk. My daughter likes it because of the pretty lights though... Right now with everyone buying up computer parts prebuilt systems are the way to go. I would recommend ibuypower over any company. They use high quality parts on most of their builds and the price is right!

iBUYPOWER response

Hello Dan, thank you for your latest 5-star review. We are happy to know that your new RDY system has lived up to your standards with no issues. If you do require any further assistance then please let us know!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I was looking to upgrade my 5 year old Dell Inspiron PC, this time I wanted to splurge a bit and get a gaming PC. I went on iBUYPOWER and decided to use their AMD Ryzen 7 Configurator. Being able to pick and choose whatever I wanted made the entire part-picking experience very fun and informative. The configurator is able to guide you along the way like finding any issues such as: needing a bigger water-cooler or bigger power supply. After choosing what components I wanted, all that was left was to add it to the shopping cart. I like that iBUYPOWER makes building a custom PC easy and quick.

Once my order was submitted, iBUYPOWER kept me constantly updated on the status of my PC. This was very informative and gave me ease of mind as well. My order was placed on the 5th, and with each day I would receive e-mails and text showing what step my PC was at. It took less than a week for the entire process with my PC shipping on the 11th.

Once I received my PC, the first thing I did was open it up and check all the connections and cables. Everything was securely connected with no issues at all during shipping. The cable management is professionally done and looks amazing, better than what I can do. When I first booted up the system into Windows, I checked the BIOS settings and found that everything was recognized and set correctly. I found no issues and started using my PC right away.

Overall, I am very happy with my experience with iBUYPOWER. At first I was a bit apprehensive especially since I'm spending over a grand, but I am glad I went with iBUYPOWER. The entire process of choosing a custom PC went very smoothly and quick with no problems arising. I definitely recommend using iBUYPOWER's configurator, you'll have a nice experience and a quality product that is professionally built. Thanks to the staff at iBUYPOWER! Keep up the hard work!

iBUYPOWER response

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

RE: New IBP system with a Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB-850W  =  BAD DESIGN - NO INRUSH CURRENT LIMITING CIRCUITRY. LONG story a bit shorter.... My first IBP purchase was about 10 years ago and recently I was experiencing slow DL speeds from my ISP, Spectrum. Even with 400 Down, 20 Up service, my DL speeds were only hitting ~225 Mbs. Even after installing a stand-a-lone network interface card my speeds did not increase. OK, time to replace this 10 year old box. For my first IBP build I selected the TT EVO Blue 750 Watt PSU. It performed very well and DID not mind the stepped-approximation sine wave, (darn near square wave), output of my APC BackUPS ES 750.

For my current - second IBP system, I selected the above TT 850W PSU since I had received good service from my first TT EVO Blue 750 Watt PSU. Well, after trying a second replacement of the TT 850 watter, my desktop would still immediately shut down. Even with a CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD 900 Watt pure sine wave output, the TT 850 would immediately shut down my desktop with my modem and router staying online UPS power.  A "Tom's Hardware" reviewed the TT 850 as having an inrush current of OVER 63 Amps, due to the lack of ANY inrush current limiting circuitry, making the TT 850 watter totally useless for UPS switchover/operation.

It was agreed that IBP would refund my cost for the TT 850 watter and I bought the EVGA SuperNova G5 650 watt PSU. My research discovered that the EVGA PSU DOES HAVE the input current limiting circuitry, that, in my mind, is mandatory for a properly designed PSU. My EVGA PSU operates perfectly with continued computer operation during a power bump or UPS battery test. IBP's handling of my TT PSU return and associated refund has made for a Happy IBP customer and I will certainly be a return customer in the years ahead.

READ CAREFULLY - MODULAR PSU'S EVEN THOUGH THE PSU CONNECTOR JACKS BEING KEYED THE SAME, ARE  NOT COMPATIBLE. Only use the supplied cables that come with the power supply. Even different models from the same manufacturer are not necessarily keyed alike. In my opinion, the reviews you may read for various power supplies burning up their system are 99.9% caused by re-using cables from one power supply to another.

iBUYPOWER response

Hello there, thank you for your 5-star review. We appreciate that you took the time to provide your valuable feedback. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction is our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to serving you again.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

About a month ago I purchased a new gaming PC from the iBUYPOWER site. I thought I’d wait a bit before reviewing to get it past a breakin period. This is what was in the purchase: [Gaming RDY LCIBG204 Intel i7-9700KF, ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S-IB Motherboard w/ WiFi, GIGABYTE WINDFORCE GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB Video Card, 16GB DDR4-3000MHz ADATA Memory, 500GB WD SSD + 1TB WD HDD, iBUYPOWER RGB Liquid Cooling].

It also included an ARES M1 keyboard and a ZEUS M2 gaming optical mouse. This is absolutely the best computer I have ever purchased. I am delighted with its performance, appearance and price. For the past 20 years I have both purchased brand name PCs and laptops and built my own PCs. Usually I chose to build my own PCs to insure that I got the choice of components I wanted, as opposed to what was included in pre-assembled purchases.

With this purchase I did my usual research and selection of components. I was just about to order them to, once again, build my own when I happened upon the iBUYPOWER site. I saw it referenced in a product evaluation for one of the components. With this purchase I actually saved a couple of hundred dollars over what I would have paid for a DIY purchase and got something that is the most tightly constructed package I have seen.

On a number of sites I have read warnings about always checking out cable connections due to consequences of travel. I did that with this unit – but it was unnecessary. The computer came with a new packaging material inside that I have never seen before. It is a foam bag that was placed in the body of the case and then expanded to fill (and secure) everything inside. Others are quite possibly using similar packaging now – but it is a brilliant choice.

I have also had a chance to speak to the customer support for iBUYPOWER – though not related to any functional aspect of the computer. It had to do with the process of placing this review. The support group was very helpful and courteous. I got the information I needed right away. If you are looking for quality components and an excellent finished product, assembled and promptly shipped, for a great price – then I don’t know if you could find a better company than this. 5 huge stars!

iBUYPOWER response

Hello Christopher, thank you for your 5-star review. We appreciate that you took the time to provide your valuable feedback. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to serving you again.

iBUYPOWER author review by ConsumerAffairs

iBUYPOWER was founded in 1999 to offer custom PCs that are focused on power and cutting edge technology to keep up with the demands of the growing gaming market. Located in City of Industry, Calif., iBuyPower is now one of the leading manufacturers and retailers of gaming PCs for consumers in the United States.

• Easy Builder: iBUYPOWER's Easy Builder walks consumers through the steps of finding the right computer rig for their gaming needs. Based on consumers’ gaming habits, iBuyPower makes suggestions for the right system.

• Custom liquid cooling: Gaming PCs require a lot of power, and without proper cooling and ventilation systems, they can overheat quickly. iBUYPOWER’s liquid cooling systems can keep a custom PC running at peak performance.

• Refurbished: iBUYPOWER offers a selection of refurbished computer systems at discount prices. Each system is guaranteed and comes with a 14-day return policy along with a 90-day warranty for laptops and a six-month warranty for desktops.

• Weekly specials: iBUYPOWER holds weekly rotating sales on desktop PCs, laptops and other computer equipment and hardware. Products are subject to availability.

• Laptop lines: In addition to its line of Battalion gaming laptops, iBuyPower sells ASUS and MSI gaming laptops. Screen sizes range from 14-18.4 inches.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team