1.93/5
Based on 29 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 19, 2018

29 iBUYPOWER Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 19, 2018

I have purchased 3 computers from iBuyPower and my experience has been the same each time. You start with a computer that is "close" to the perfect rig you want and then you customize it to make something more akin to what you actually want. Their helpful tips make sure you don't make mistakes but if you're moderately savvy you can navigate this just fine. If you are a complete novice to building a gaming PC you may wish to go elsewhere where you can get more one on one help. For me, I'm savvy enough to understand what I'm reading but not so much that I want to build it myself or take risks on individual parts. I want a computer to come whole not piecemeal through the mail. iBuyPower is perfect for someone like me.

After making my selections and purchasing the product the waiting game begins. Unlike the first computer I bought from them where updates were rare, if ever unless you called in they now have an automated update service that sends me an email through each step in the process. It takes at LEAST a month for me to receive my final product which unlike Dell who churns out hundreds of cookie cutter basic computers rapidly this does seem like a long time but what I get in the end result has usually been worth it. My 2nd computer from them I received and it died within 2 weeks and I had to send it back. A time consuming process that took another 2 months. At the time this was very frustrating but that computer has stood the test of time.

5 years later my 2nd computer is still in operation though along the way I've upgraded individual pieces (such as the graphics card, RAM, power supply, a fan that died). The case is well built and very easy to get into to upgrade. In conclusion if you want a "custom built" gaming rig that offers power, scalability without the hassle of doing it yourself it's a great company but they are exceptionally slow. Their prices are cheaper than many other sources but a little patience can save you money.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I bought a PC from them in March 2018. The power supply died in less than 2 weeks. Called the technician and he asked me to check the power supply. Tried to trick me into voiding my 3 year warranty. I said I couldn't do it so he got really impatient with me and was rude. I sent the PC to them completely clean and the box was clean. They receive it and somehow it has 2 roaches inside it. So they blame me for it and refuse to fix it. Obviously not a good company to blame me for something that was not there when I shipped it.

Updated on 05/24/2018: So they sent the PC back to me IN PIECES. One of the bottom corners is broken off. This is really bad. I'm having to hold the broken corner up with a package. Front completely off and exposed.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Ordered in February (warranty/return policy is effective at time of purchase!). Received a computer that randomly locks up and needs restarted multiple times a day. Returned the computer, they "fixed" it by "swapping the processor." Got it back 3 weeks after it was sent back, still does the same thing. Was told they would not authorize a refund because it has been past the 30 day period. I have had physical possession of this paperweight for a total of 23 days, none of which it worked properly. My bank took care of me and issued me a refund and went after them so I didn't have to. I sent the computer to the bank's dispute company. NEVER ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE!

Original review: April 16, 2018 I was skeptical at first, as I am with any big purchase approaching 2,000 dollars. Of course, many negative reviews didn't help, but I gave them a shot anyways.

The ordering process was actually very smooth and kind of fun to be honest. Now, afterwards, it began to take a while. However, after a quick chat with customer service (which so many people talk negative of), everything was cleared up and they even apologized for the wait (not even two weeks) and upgraded the shipping, which I was not expecting at all (I simply asked for an update).

Not only that, but they dealt with MULTIPLE order changes while it was in production, and the guy I chatted with was extremely honest and helpful in giving me advice for changes to make. (Once I double checked other sources afterwards, it turns out he was absolutely right). I have not received the system yet, as that call was a very short time ago, but so far IBP has been excellent to do business with, and I am sure that I will be satisfied when it arrives. Of course, I'll update if something bad occurs.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I bought a PC on Cyber Monday of 2013. It was delivered DOA (Dead on Arrival) and I called the tech support who asked me if I was capable to make repairs myself. As I'm about to open the case/tower he admits it will void any warranty once opened by the consumer... I paid for a 3-year warranty service (I have proof of this on my receipt.

I told the tech I would not be operating my computer myself since I have paid for this service even though I have a background in computers. I asked iBuyPower to email me a shipping label to return the desktop and he agreed. Not only did I not receive an email but this continued for over a year trying to get a shipping label and they would continually say "we will email it you".

I finally I get a shipping label and I call to confirm how to properly pack my computer (it's been a year since then) and the tech support says they will cover the shipping but the cost of labor and repairs are my responsibility at this point. I took this to the top with a manager and explained how it was DOA and I've called almost monthly to get a shipping label to return it and he did not care. TLDR: iBuyPower sell very expensive paperweights.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iBUYPOWER?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I order my Computer back on 2-7-18 with a "Ship Out in 12-15 Business Days", It is now 2-24-18 and my status is still showing "2/16/2018 11:03 AM, Processing, Materials are now being gathered to complete the order." (The person pulling the order must have gotten lost.) I have called a couple of times to check on what is going on and they tell me there are more customer builds in front of me still with no other information. I asked if they could expedite the build and shipping method to get the system to me. They informed me any changes would delay the shipping? After I was hung up on by Customer Service on 2-23-18, I kept calling back. They would never answer their phone, so I borrowed the wife's cell phone while I was still in the next to be answered cue and got them to answer immediately on her phone.

I unfortunately got the same guy and then he put me on hold for almost an hour. I called back for another phone and got sales, there the gentleman did some researcher for the first time and stated the Video Card had be on back order. And they would start building the system yesterday 2-23-18, and it would ship Monday 2-16-18 and it would be delivered in about 5 business days.

As of today, the status had not changed as of 2-16-18 and it looks like it won't be delivered on 2-28-28. I am considering canceling my order and with this kind of problem and lack of communication, I am wondering how good the system will be built and what kind of Tech Support I will receive. I will never order from iBUYPOWER again, nor will I recommend them to anyone. I am already getting prices for a couple of other companies and their price is about the same and have all the parts in stock with a ship date after order is placed of 3 or 4 days. What is iBUYPOWER's problem?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I purchased a system from Ibuypower directly in summer of 2017, 3 weeks later it still had not been assembled. When I called to inquire as to why, I was told the video card was out of stock, and offered a downgrade as a substitute, which I refused. I told the person I spoke to that I expected either the card I ordered, or a substitute of at least equal performance, and they told me they would have to look into it and call me back. Later that day they called me back to say they had found the correct card in the assembly shop that had not been listed in their inventory system.

Fast forward 6 months later, the video card's fan bearing fails and begins making a very loud obnoxious noise. I called tech support, who agreed that the card was bad and needed to be replaced, was set up with an RMA, and sent the card back to them. They received the card on Monday the 5th, by Friday the 9th I had not received any notification of a replacement being shipped, so I called to ask for a status update, only to be told that nobody had even entered it into their system as having been received. I am convinced that if I did not have the tracking information proving their man signed for it they would have denied receiving it at all.

They wait until after their phone lines close for the week Friday evening to send me an email saying the serial number sticker had been removed and replaced and would not be honoring the warranty. I never touched the stickers, either they installed the card in the tower that way when they assembled it, or they removed the stickers themselves to avoid having to warranty it. It seems to me the most likely explanation is that the video card had been pulled from the inventory system for not being able to be warrantied, and was subsequently installed in my order as an expedient solution to getting an order that was already several weeks late out the door, gambling that the card would not fail before the 3 year warranty I purchased had expired...a bet they lost. Either way they adamantly refused to do anything about it.

I strongly recommend that you not purchase anything from this company. Their practices are shady at best, possibly even illegal, but since I do not have any pictures to prove that the stickers on the card are unmodified from how they were when I first received it, I don't have any proof that would stand up in court. Now I am stuck with defective hardware.

Fortunately I am an experienced mechanic and electrician, I have the skills to be able to buy a replacement fan off the internet and repair the card myself (And I never would have bothered to spend the $20 shipping it back to them had I known they would pull this BS), which should only cost a few dollars. Others are not likely to have these skills.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

When I first bought the iBUYPOWER WA8140A Gaming PC I was very excited for it (I still am). It took about a month for it to arrive. (Ordered through BestBuy and ordered on December 3rd received December 28th.) I used it for a while. Could run all of the games I wanted to on high setting but it cause me stress because it didnt come with wifi or a CD-ROM drive. Then I had problems with the monitor showing no signal but that was just an old monitor from 2008 but I just got a new monitor, it work just like it should having no problems.

Except I just have to turn on the PC then wait like 10 seconds then turn on the monitor. Overall I love it I can run games like FortNite on high and epic with about 100 fps CSGO on all high and get about 200-300 fps. It can run Rocket League on all high with on about 150 FPS. I love the computer. It can do everything I need it to and is very easy to upgrade! Very happy with purchase besides those problems!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I purchased a new iBUYPOWER computer at Best Buy and it worked fine for two weeks then would crash and reboot with a message saying computer hardware or software fault. I sent back to iBUYPOWER as Best Buy would not help me at all or even look at the computer. I got the computer back three weeks later and it was worse than before. Even opening a picture file would crash it. I called iBUYPOWER and they said they had replaced the hard drive which was an outright lie as the software on it was just as it was before I got another RMA # from them and sent it back. I am still waiting to receive it and after reading all the reviews on the company I am expecting it to not be right. I would advise anyone to NOT buy from iBUYPOWER as their products are clearly inferior and the people who work there could not care less about customer service.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I purchased an iBUYPOWER computer and eventually bought an Xbox One/pc gaming headset. However, for some reason, this computer does not work with any headset, yet they claim to be a "gaming computer" seller. I paid 100$ for a headset with only one aux male part. For some reason this computer which is so "new and innovative" has outdated aux. Plugging my headset into the towers headset allowed for sound, but the mic would not work. So I spend 4 hours going to about 6 different stores to trying to find an adapter for the tower which has both a separate microphone and sound aux input.

I then had to buy an adapter online because all stores even said "they dont sell/use these anymore". Adapter comes into today 1/14/18 and tried it many different ways from the tower to the aux in back of the monitor. I even went online and changed all my settings and properties around within the devices and still nothing. Extremely displeased customer. So much I'd say this is a sham of a product.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I get one. Paid 1200$ and worked great but I live in Florida and we have a lot of bugs and with the motherboard laying down they get on it and will burn it out. Had this happen 2 time in 2 weeks so I went back to Dell, motherboard is upright and never had it happen again and it had never happen before.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Attempted to buy TWO different systems from iBuyPower for Christmas present for son. First arrived with non-functioning motherboard. Could not replace as they were out of stock, so had to UPGRADE. Upgraded system arrived just in time for Christmas - and with a non-functioning SSD (which is where the operating system was loaded). They were unable to replace until I filed a claim and received an "RMA" number - which didn't arrive until Dec 26. I called 3 times Dec 26-27 before I got someone on the phone. Who proceeded to tell me I'd have to PAY to have the replacement SSD sent to me even though the rep I had spoken to prior to Christmas explicitly said it would not cost me a dime to get the replacement and that'd I'd have it by Dec 28 if I called them on Dec 26. It's a scam. They have crazy high specs and terrible quality & customer service. Pick ANY other brand.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I was hesitant on purchasing a $2,000 computer from iBuyPower after reading a lot of reviews. However, based on the incredible price, I decided to pull the trigger. iBuyPower kept me updated through email throughout the whole building/shipping process, which was very convenient. When my computer arrived about 10 business days later by FedEx, the very durable box was in great shape. I unpacked everything and did not notice any damage or inconsistencies. After powering on the computer, it booted up within seconds and I was on my way setting it up.

Overall, I could not be more pleased with my purchase and am glad I decided to going with iBuyPower for my purchase! (8700k/1080ti). I think one issue with the overwhelming negative reviews is that most people who receive a great product do not leave a review... but, anyone with any problem almost always leaves a negative review. Thank you, iBuyPower. You’ve earned a customer for life!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Had the computer for less than a month, and I had to re-image it. That was not common. Right after the 1 year warranty was up, I had the sound card fighting with the system board. I had to remove it to get the computer to reboot. Then I had to do the same with the network card. in the last 8 months 3 of the case fans have died, and I have to replace them myself. I've bought computers from Dell, and HP, and never had these sort of issues. This was supposed to be a serious gaming computer, and it's been more of a series piece of junk. I would NEVER buy from them again. It came in on time, but the amount of frustration hasn't been worth it at all. It's been 2 years almost, and I can't afford to buy another computer, but if I could I would, and I wouldn't give this piece of garbage to anyone. It's only fit for the trash.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

They charged my account, money was transferred (not a pending transaction hold, they had the money, my bank sent it). They decided they couldn't confirm the address (my bank has blocked transfers because someone had "St" instead of "Street"). Called in, they confirmed everything was entered exactly. So they tried charging me two more times, which since they had my 1300 USD already, bounced. After waiting another 20 minutes on hold I get an agent insisting they couldn't verify the address (again, if that were the case, they wouldn't have my 1300 dollars). I got fed up and told him to cancel the order, to which the agent responds with "I hope we can survive the holiday without you" and promptly hung up on me. Spent another 30 minutes on hold to confirm that the order had actually been cancelled and they claim my order was the fraud.

Now they're saying my refund will take at least 1-2 weeks, meanwhile I'm out 1300 bucks AND a computer until then. Will never try to use or recommend to others, this company again. Their prices are only slightly more than ordering parts yourself, but the convenience of not having to assemble used to be worth something. Racking up bounce fees and having my money effectively stolen for multiple weeks until they deign to release it for their screw-up, on the other hand, is anything but.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We bought a laptop from them and it came to us broken. We returned it to them and they blamed US for the damage and refused to give us a refund. When we spoke to customer service, the guy said he was the only one to speak to, that he didn't have a supervisor, that he couldn't give us the name of their legal team, and that there was nothing they would do. The guy was sarcastic and passive-aggressive. Needless to say, we will NEVER buy from this company again! $1100 down the drain. I'd give them a zero if I could. DON'T DO IT!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I was very excited to build a computer using this company as I had heard great things. Placing my order online went smooth, but it quickly turned bad after that. I started getting notifications that I would be receiving my order in pieces spread out over 4 days. I called to see what was going on, and was informed at this point that the chair I ordered was on backorder and they were not sure when it would be back in stock. Over the three week assembly and shipping process they never attempted to contact me to inform me of the item on backorder. Once everything did arrive and I was able to use my new amazing system I was happy for a little less than 30 days. It was then that my amazing custom built super powered gaming system was unable to run the most basic game without drastic lag. I figured this had to be a software or driver issue since the computer was literally brand new.

After spending a few months of my free time troubleshooting with no results, I woke up one morning to the smell of an electrical burn. My video card smoked. To their credit, iBUYPOWER immediately generated a shipping label for me to send the system in for service. This is where the real fun begins. I contact them to verify receipt and explain the situation to the tech. After about a week of nothing, I contact them again to have a "customer care" person tell me he could not help me without my RMA number and hung up on me.

I immediately called back and the next person was magically able to find my account with my name. He transferred me to a tech where I was once again told that my video card was not in stock and they had no idea when it would be in stock. He also went on to explain that they were replacing my power supply, and it was also not in stock. Oh, and apparently the liquid cooling system I ordered had a tendency to leak and they would be replacing it as well. At least this item was in stock.

At this point I requested to speak to a supervisor. This was a mistake. This guy has no business speaking to customers ever. I'm told that they are unwilling to upgrade the video card in order to expedite the process. I am now emailing anyone in the company that I can find information on. Darren Su, a cofounder, clearly does not care about the success of his company as he refuses to interact with a customer. Although I am assuming he got involved after receiving my first email because our super helpful supervisor that I spoke of earlier was suddenly willing to upgrade my video card to one that was in stock. His demeanor over the phone had also completely changed.

So once again I am excited that my computer is finally back in my possession. One more time my excitement was met with disappointment. The box they used to ship my computer in was oversized and the packing inside was lacking. I'm sure you can guess that this led to physical damage to the computer housing. The pins used to secure the top plate to the box frame were all completely shorn off. The front plate was disengaged as well with one of its pins also broken. The custom wiring I paid extra for was done so poorly that the metal plate cover cannot be placed on the box without it visibly bowing. This is if you can even get it back on at all. Guess who I have the pleasure of speaking with again? Surprise surprise they want me to send it back to them again so they can fix the damage that they caused. Save yourself the headache and buy your computer somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

This is the third computer I have bought from IBP over the years. Each about 4 years apart or so. The first 2 purchases went fine. Simple, I picked what I wanted from their options, paid a nice sales price, and had it eventually shipped to me, and it arrived good-to-go. These days however? Absolute freakin NIGHTMARE. This has been the single worst purchasing experience of my life.

It all started back in early June (I just got the computer and it is now September). I was getting married soon, and my now wife was preparing to go back to school for another degree. We decided it would be fun to get her a new computer, for those nights where we would have no social life with work and school, and she could just play with me. I spoke both online, and over the phone with different members of their teams, brainstorming what I wanted to do with this computer. I was told by multiple people that all my requests were acceptable, and even had a guy clear it with his supervisor. So I went ahead and ordered the PC.

Weeks later I was told they were refusing to do anything I had asked, even down to the simplest detail. Even on things every person I spoke with said I could have modified, without fail. Initially I balked, I was paying 1700$, surely I could get some better treatment than this, right? Wrong. The technician working on my computer threatened to cancel my order. His supervisor threatened to cancel my order. I was being strong-armed into just accepting whatever they would give me. In the end, I gave up, I just wanted the PC finished and the calls and emails with horrible employees to end.

Weeks more go by, and me and my wife got to go on a honeymoon. We aren't well-to-do, this PC was a big deal on our accounts, as was getting married this year. We had never been out of the country before, and were having a blast. Then they cancelled my order. No call. No Email. No nothing. Weeks of working on it, after I told them specifically in an email responding to one of their threats, "I'm not authorizing anyone to cancel anything. Just finish the build however you have to, do it your way. ", they simply cancelled my entire order out of the blue. It took days of calling/emailing/ and arguing for them to resuscitate my order. No one could tell me why it happened, all they would tell me is that it was in fact the supervisor who had been threatening to cancel my order that did so.

At this point they had to start from scratch again. I had come after them within an hour of the cancellation email, but they had still scrapped everything apparently (If the trash service is any indication - they probably never even started!!!). Weeks more go by when I get an email saying it will arrive on Thursday at some random time - despite paying like an extra 100$ for appointment delivery. I then take a day off work to make sure 1700$ isn't sitting on my apartment's front porch in a city of over 600,000 people. While waiting I receive a phone call where I'm told that I will have to drive a half an hour out of the way to get my order from the FedEx shipping facility. Neither FedEx nor IBP were interested in reimbursing me for the shipping fee I paid for when I didn't get the service I paid for.

Then I finally get it home, unbox it, and assemble it, happy to think the nightmare is almost over at this point. Wrong AGAIN. The device refused to boot. Confused I call their tech support, wondering if the drives were bogus on arrival? Their first question, "Did you buy it without an operating system?" WHY THE HELL would I do that? I literally bought this from their FRONT PAGE, as a special flash sale event the week or so before the 4th of July. Wanna know why it was such a good deal? Because it didn't come with a ** OPERATING SYSTEM!!! NOWHERE DID IT DETAIL THIS EITHER!!!

So here I am, about drive across town to spend another 100+$ to get a copy of Windows 10, so that maybe this nightmare can have a happy ending before the holiday weekend begins. I will never buy from iBUYPOWER ever again. No one I know will either if I have any say in it. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. RUDE, SCAMMING, INCOMPETENT, BUNGLING MORONS WORK THERE.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Laptop purchased through IBuypower is defective. Having to send back in for the 3rd time to have this device repaired. Technical support has said it's been "repaired" it twice. One wonders why a 3rd time to repair the computer is necessary. Customer service only offers to have item sent in for review and then to manufacturer. As a consumer, I've lost countless hours on the phone and over email addressing concerns.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I recently made a purchase from iBUYPOWER direct for 10 high end gaming cpu's for my small business. The initial order went through without issue but I was later contacted stating that $10k+ orders require a wire transfer. I explained that my liquid capital was earmarked for other areas and the sales rep and I agree to split the order. Days went by and I finally received notification that a credit charge authorization letter was needed. Without delay I submitted the required paperwork.

Further time went by without hearing a word. Finally I reached a gentlemen in customer service who helped. Evidently, managers had decided to sit on my order without approving, demanding I pay in cash. As many smack business owners will tell you, initial startups are done mostly on credit. My modest liquid capital is reserved to ensure my employees receive paychecks during the first couple of difficult months before business takes off. Business owners beware, this company cannot support large orders. They lost over $20k on this deal alone. I hope they change their model or it may not last.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Three years ago I paid two thousand for a PC from iBUYPOWER. 13 months later the water cooler exploded. It killed my entire computer. Of course the warranty had expired. It had taken me two years to save for that computer (Being handicap my funds are limited). When I contacted them they were extremely rude. Three months of phone conversations did nothing. I walked away fuming. Now you would think I would never buy from them again. Well I did recently. My thoughts: Their PC's are horrible... lets try a laptop. I received the laptop today to find it doesn't come with a CD-ROM Drive. Really... I just gave you 1600 dollars. Doesn't that warrant a CD ROM Drive? Apparently not! Bottomline, RUN. It's not worth the sick and twisted games they like to play. It's not worth the anxiety they cause. This company's name is right on the mark. iBUYPOWER by stealing from my customers.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

So 2 years ago I decided it was time for me to buy myself a gaming PC because my old PC couldn't handle the newer games. One transaction later and boom $3000 spent on a Gamer Paladin and a "good" monitor. I was ecstatic at the time but over the 2 years since I've had it it has caused me nothing but agony. For a year and a half I had to deal with the problem of my PC shutting down as soon as I started up a game. We fixed that by manually using MSI Afterburner to control my graphics cards fan so that it wouldn't overheat. And now for the last half of the 2 years I've had to deal with it just randomly crashing. And I will never send it back due to the fact that my friend sent his back and they told him it would be a two week wait turns out he had to wait 2 months. Absolutely awful.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Purchase a computer from ibuypower and they didn't even have the parts in stock. I had to wait 2 months in order to have my computer ship to me. The product was damage on the exterior and they expected me to gave them a 5 out 5 review. If I can give them a 0 out of 5 I would, ibuypower is greedy and they have no pride in their works and poor customer services.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

Hopefully by posting this review I help someone else. I purchased a gaming computer in May of 2016 for $800. By late August 2016 the video card was malfunctioning. I emailed the company about the defective card and they sent me an email on how to uninstall, then reinstall the video card. They neglected to tell me to save my pictures to another device and I lost them all! After emailing them back that nothing had changed except for the loss of my files, they asked me to call them with my credit card number. I emailed them back that I work for a hospital, and was not available to call them during their business hours, also that I had no intention of paying for shipping back the defective product they sold me.

When I asked that the customer service representatives superior respond to my emails, I was told to call during business hours. After three weeks of correspondence I finally received a USED video card. They had promised me a new and upgraded one. Big surprise... This one is causing crashes AND pixelated videos. PLEASE... SAVE YOURSELF MONEY, HEADACHES, AND FROM A BAD PURCHASE AND BUY ELSEWHERE!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

It worked like a charm. I like it very much. I would definitely recommend it to all my friends. I did not think it would be all that great but it was worth getting it. It has great graphics, fast response, great download capability. I not real good with computer but it was very easy to use. This one has been fun to use and a great experience for me. It has helped me learn a lot of things I could not do before I got it. They are really great with helping you to understand how to do things with your computer, all how to set it up and help you get it running.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

Computer handled my basic needs. Any heavy computer work I would have to use a different computer. Would not recommend for heavy computer use. Product was very durable. I used it and abused it for many years. The computer held up to many years of use and abuse and still kept on ticking. The unit brought great value into my life at the time I was using it. It accomplished most of the tasks that were needed. I would recommend the unit to others.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Good quality and very easy to understand. Navigating is simply on the computer. I would recommend this to any computer beginner or novice. Good price as well as good customer service if needed. Computer does what it is needed to do with a good speed. The computer is made of good material as is most computers. Havent had any issues with durability but who really bangs their computer around. Easy to wipe clean if dusty and eye pleasing as well. Great price for what you are getting technology wise. All the programs you need are on it and its speed is great. Looks good and is durable. This would be a great addition to the household. If you have any issues the customer support is friendly and well equipped to solve your problems. If you need to you can call them and they will find the issue in a timely manner and get you back on your way.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

Unit is quiet and runs smoothly. Provides effective heat management. Unit was very easy to set up. The gaming potential is very powerful. The unit's durability and performance is sufficient for gaming. The unit has a very fast boot time. It will provide many hours of gaming pleasure. Very good value for the money spent, far better than buying a mass manufactured unit elsewhere. It operates very effectively to its tasks needed. I had not had any customer support issues to date with this unit.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I love iBUYPOWER. They provide quality computers at affordable prices. I recently purchased a gaming laptop for my husband and he LOVES it. I recently bought an iBUYPOWER computer from Best Buy. I used to have a CyberPower one but that one always broke down on me. I've had the iBUYPOWER computer for months now and everything works great!! I love it. iBUYPOWER is the crips. I like the Merch they put out. People are nice and helpful. Been to the iBUYPOWER tournament twice now and it's been an amazing experience playing with the pcs. They have such a great experience. Love it and the company. I went on Saturday with some of my friends and I was pretty impressed by all the systems they had set up. Watched people play and played some games myself. Considering on purchasing from them for my next pc. I also wound up getting some free swag like an iBUYPOWER shirt. Thanks guys! Very good service.

iBUYPOWER expert review by ConsumerAffairs

iBUYPOWER was founded in 1999 to offer custom PCs that are focused on power and cutting edge technology to keep up with the demands of the growing gaming market. Located in City of Industry, Calif., iBuyPower is now one of the leading manufacturers and retailers of gaming PCs for consumers in the United States.

• Easy Builder: iBUYPOWER's Easy Builder walks consumers through the steps of finding the right computer rig for their gaming needs. Based on consumers’ gaming habits, iBuyPower makes suggestions for the right system.

• Custom liquid cooling: Gaming PCs require a lot of power, and without proper cooling and ventilation systems, they can overheat quickly. iBUYPOWER’s liquid cooling systems can keep a custom PC running at peak performance.

• Refurbished: iBUYPOWER offers a selection of refurbished computer systems at discount prices. Each system is guaranteed and comes with a 14-day return policy along with a 90-day warranty for laptops and a six-month warranty for desktops.

• Weekly specials: iBUYPOWER holds weekly rotating sales on desktop PCs, laptops and other computer equipment and hardware. Products are subject to availability.

• Laptop lines: In addition to its line of Battalion gaming laptops, iBuyPower sells ASUS and MSI gaming laptops. Screen sizes range from 14-18.4 inches.

• Best for: iBUYPOWER is best for high-level performance enthusiasts and consumers who want a powerful gaming PC.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs