HP Printers
1.22/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

HP Printers

Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

HP Printers Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

This is the second time I have had to type up this complaint here, because the stupid site would not let me login to post my original one.... Anyway, I have an HP Envy 4520 All in one Printer that I have been using for several months now, that has stopped working correctly because the plug fell out of the back, and after being plugged back in seems to have reset itself to defaults. This is a problem, because by default, this device prints everything double-sided, which is not what I need.

I have made very attempt to find useful, accurate instructions on how to change this back to single-sided printing, but none of them match what is shown from my device. I honestly do not understand why double-sided printing is even a thing in truth, because it is rarely the requested format of documents, but Hewlett Packard seem to swear by it. SO much so that they make it an almost impossible setting to change. This on top of the fact that their excuse for 'Customer Support', is a pathetic joke really.

I need to be able to change it back to single-sided printing, but cannot for the life of me find how to do so. I have not been able to reach out to their support agents over this as yet, because it was too late when I noticed the issue, but I feel that a computerized device, should not be clandestine / complex to operate, or change settings on.

HP on the other hand, have decided, for whatever reason, that these things should only be usable by technicians with a lab, and not the common folk, like myself, who just wanted a home printer. I did not buy a printer, so that I could practice disassembling it, then rebuilding it. I bought it to print out documents from my home office. There is no good reason to make a home electronics product so complicated, that God himself, could not figure it out, but that is what Hewlett Packard has decide to go with. BE CAREFUL with buying devices from Hewlett Packard, they put out poor quality, and overly complex products, that constantly need to be studied, and mastered in order to use for their advertised purpose!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I was wanting to print out my lyrics when suddenly it asks for A4 paper and I don't want the system to switch to A4 paper! I have had it with HP and I would like to switch to a different printer! Goodbye!

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Do not purchase the care package. It is a waste of money. In all DO NOT PURCHASE AN HP ANYTHING. Our printer stopped working exactly at the 1 year mark. Out of nowhere. When we reached out for help the tech support was completely useless aside that I kept getting transferred to different departments which would blame and transferred me to another. When I asked to speak to a manager i got disconnected: 2 times. The care package is a joke because they will not give you a printer like the package states. WORST SERVICE EVER. THROW YOUR PRINTER OUT AND NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

My brand new ($434.00) all in one printer with 2 years of ink included arrived broken. After several attempts to get customer service to send me a new one immediately they told me that I needed to ship the broken one back and then wait for them to ship me a new one. No thank you! I’ll go to the store tomorrow and buy a new printer. Horrible products, horrible support. What a waste of time and money.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Buyer beware of the HP ink program. After paying monthly for this ink program a year + maybe 2+ (I would have to research to know for sure, but regardless it was a while) and we rarely met our printing limits, I received emails telling me to update credit card info. I followed instructions online but I could not get it updated. Tried multiple times. We returned from a vacation to find our printer was locked up. HP had rendered our ink cartridges useless. Have always used and liked HP computers and printers but I will not be restart this program and will rethink purchasing from this company again based on my experience with the ink program.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

We enrolled in the instant ink for 2 of the new HP 52258 all in one printer we recently purchased. It has been a nightmare. Finally after 4 shipments of ink they finally send the correct one. Only to find out it's a defective ink cartridge! I have spend at least 4 hours chatting online with a tech support explaining my frustration and it just seems as if all they know how to do is send a new set of ink cartridges. Again I find myself waiting for an ink shipment. To top it all off we purchased two of them and neither one are a functioning printer at this time!

Also the customer representatives in the escalations team I have spoken to all three started off nice but once they reach a point where they cant figure our issue and cant provide answers to our questions they become defensive and sarcastic. I know HP outsources their customer service to a different country and the problem I have with that is that the verbiage used is almost street slang and the way I see it if I am trying to maintain my professionalism regardless my frustration you best believe I expect the representative to do the same! HP Please know I am a very VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER AND I DON'T KNOW IF WE WILL CONTINUE TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU! I am seriously considering the Color Laser/LED Printers & Multifunction/All-in-One Printer. Sincerely a very dissatisfied formal HP customer!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I had an OfficeJet Pro 8620, which sadly, after many years of loads of use, finally packed it in. That machine rated 5 stars in my opinion compared to this "new and improved" version. I have used HP printers for well over 15 years, I think it's time for a change. I personally hate this new printer.

1. Ink refills are a pain in the butt to replace; pull sticky tab, remove packaging; then try and remove a weird shaped piece of plastic that is practically molded on, so you end up wearing ink - NOT IMPRESSED

2. Paper tray is a pain to access to refill, especially mid-job, as the paper holder above it is so pathetically flimsy, it wants to fall into the paper tray below.

3. Paper holder with a flip up paper catcher - why bother, it holds papers into an angled position, and curls up the print job; how I found this out - printed 30 pages and left the office for 5 minutes whilst it printed (which could be happily done with the previous OfficeJet 8620), came back to find most of the papers curled up and then had the fun of trying to figure where each one went and had to put a heavy file on them to flatten them.

4. The info screen is not user friendly.

The only good thing about this printer is it was cheap enough that once I have time to review printers properly, this one is headed straight to the rubbish bin. I wouldn't even want to give this one away....

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I purchased my HP Officejet Pro printer one year and 20 days ago. I did not use it very often. The first time it ran out of ink, when I went to put in the black replacement cartridge, I received an error message "one or more cartridges are missing or damaged" so I replaced all of the cartridges and still received the same error messages. I called HP and they sent new ink. When I replaced the new ink cartridges with their ink cartridges, I received the same error message so HP told me my printer was broken and tried to sell me a new one. No thank you. If the printer cannot even make it through one black cartridge, it is a piece of junk. I probably printed maybe 50 copies before it broke. Don't waste your money on HP.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

I purchased a HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer/Scanner which broke after 9 months of periodic use. HP replaced it with a refurbished unit plus a $75 fee. That unit stopped functioning after 3 months and HP says the model was a lemon and not only have they discontinued it, but they have stopped providing replacement parts. I am simply out of luck after only 1 year and two machines. Terrible customer service and inexcusable that they don't back up their product nor replace a known lemon model.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I bought an HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 all in one wireless printer in Sept. 2018. When I had difficulty with set up, I phoned the number on the HP setup page. I spoke with a technician who forwarded me to a company I was told HP does business with — Infini Computer Security LLC, out of Santa Clara, CA. They looked at my in home wi-fi and told me my IP address had been hacked and corrupted, making connecting with the wireless printer impossible. For a $1200 lifetime fee they would correct the problem and prevent it from ever happening again. I’m embarrassed to say I paid the fee. My printer works fine. Infini is not a vendor HP uses. I called them recently with a fake problem; they offered the exact same diagnosis and tried to seek me the same bogus system again. BEWARE. I have tried to raise the issue with higher levels within HP with no success.

Hewlett Packard expert review by ConsumerAffairs

HP Printers are created by Hewlett-Packard, a large technology company founded in 1929 and headquartered in Palo Alto. The company manufactures and sells a wide range of printers in addition to laptops, desktops, tablets and more.

• Ink types: HP Printers come in a wide variety of ink choices, including laser printers, ink jets and more. This means the company is a good choice for people who are looking for a printer that uses nearly any type of ink.

• Community-focused: HP is focused on doing good in the world, and they are committed to environmental initiatives that can help strengthen the environment and improve the earth's future.

• Varying capacity printers available: The company has created a wide range of printers, from those that can handle a very high capacity, to small individual job printers. This makes it a good choice for anyone from large businesses to individual PC owners.

• Reputation: HP is one of the oldest technology companies that still creates and sells products, and their years of success have proven that they are a forward-thinking company that makes high-quality and well-regarded products.

• Accessories: The company sells a wide variety of accessories that can accompany printers and computers, so it is a convenient one-stop shop for those in the market for a printer.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs