HP Printers
1.12/5
  • 1 star
Based on 91 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

HP Printers

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 16, 2018

558 HP Printers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Worked like expected for 2 months, although, had to replace one ink cartridge after 2 weeks (we barely use the printer HP 6968). After 2 months it wouldn't shut down by the power button so had to unplug. Wouldn't come back up and displayed an error message. Called HP, held on for 20 mins., talked with an agent for 1 hour and still not fixed. They are replacing it with a refurbished one. Wasn't refurbished when I bought it!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

This printer (HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw) has more jams than Smuckers Jelly. The worst PRINTER I HAVE EVER OWNED. Jams on regular paper, jams on card stock, jams on envelopes... BRUTAL - we will NEVER buy this crap product from a Company that would produce a printer which has more downtime than up. DO NOT BUY THIS PRINTER. Also, I run my company and we will no longer buy from HP.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Avoid providing your business to HP if at all possible. I made the mistake of purchasing an HP printer. HP Does not provide support on their products. I was waited on hold for 90 minutes during that time having explained my problem to 4 different individuals to only be rerouted. The last individual I spoke with simply told me my printer was out of support and to go to their website. The support documentation online does not match the product. Likely they updated the User Interface and never updated their online support documentation. Their products do not work and they don't support their products. Save your money, buy a printer from another vendor, or use a store to print all your documents.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I bought the Hewlett-Packard 7520 all in one printer. This printer has most every option you could think of. It's a great printer. The only downfall is the ink and how much it cost and how much you use that's why I gave it three stars and not 5. If it wasn't for the ink I would have gave it a five stars. It's a great printer but be ready to spend a lot of money on ink.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Let me start by saying that a rating of 1 star is too much regarding my recent experience with HP. I recently purchased an HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-In-One printer directly from HP. I set up the printer via wifi. From the printer, I was able to print a test page. On my pc, I could see the printer set as my default, however, when I tried to send a page from my pc, it would error out. I went through the setup several times with the same results. I tried to use the installation disk HP sent with the printer only to find out that it's blank.

I decided to contact HP customer support via chat. A technician called me named "Harry". He proceeded to ask to connect to my pc and run diagnostics. He then went on to say he saw the problem, it was with a driver. He ran several commands via the command prompt and kept saying "I see what the problem is, it's with your OS and drivers being stopped". He said for $99, I can fix the problem on a one-time basis or you can purchase a multi-year support plan for a lot more money. I immediately said, "No thanks."

At that point he put "Stephanie" who proclaimed herself as a Senior Support Engineer on the phone. Back to the command prompt and she entered a command that scrolled forever. She then said "I see your problem, the printer is fine, it's with your PC and I'll correct it for only $49.99". (I was amazed how quickly the price dropped to 1/2 my original quote.) Again, I answered, "No thank you." Stephanie kept trying to pressure me and each time I said no, she then tried to scare me and said "if I were you, I wouldn't use this PC for an credit card purchases or banking, you are at risk; your OS has been compromised".

I told her I didn't appreciate HP trying to upsell me when I just purchased a new product. I did some research this morning, found that no driver was installed for the printer. After much searching, I found the correct driver, no thanks to HP. I installed it and am able to print successfully. I would not recommend HP to anyone. If anyone knows where else I should report this, please advise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I have had a couple HP Printer and know others with them, they are without a doubt the largest piece of junk I have ever owned. Nothing but issues with the WiFi connection and printing. This is a well known issue but they continue to make junk. My last printer was less than 3 months old, currently it resides in pieces in the trash bin. Much like the last one I had I spent hours getting it to print with much aggravation. Much like American cars which are all junk as well it took me forever to finally break down and by a foreign car. (Of which is made here in Texas unlike Ford, Dodge, and Chevy turd buckets) I will never go back and thus my next printer will not be HP as the company sucks. Hope this helps someone else going through this same issue.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Approximately two years ago I purchased an HP printer for my second home because it advertised the ability to print from an iPad, which does not have the ability to connect to a printer via cable. Each time you try to print something from this printer, you must reconnect the printer, obtain a new password, and reset up the whole printer system. AND I EXPECTED SIMPLE based on the advertisement. This year at Christmas I found myself in need of another printer and bought an inexpensive HP.

Upon setup, you must disconnect from in home wifi and physically connect to the printer. AND my computer notes a potential virus and I must clean it each and every time this process happens! And even then, most of the time there is a problem getting it to print and I must connect my computer via a printer cable to get the necessary paperwork off the printer. Setup used ALL of the provided ink and I had to buy more at a price more than the actual printer to even get it started!!! This printer is less than 2 months old and I am already having problems with getting the personal business letters that I bought it for to print.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Unable to printer from my computer. It says the printer is a network printer, but won't allow me to remove it. I even changed the web services to no, but still can't print. Whatever happen to just plug and play. This printer is too complicated to print. First they got me into this instant ink which I had to cancel. Then every month, I was calling customer service because the printer won't print. They would do something and it would print, but then weeks later... nothing. Now my free support has ended and they want to charge me. I will never buy another HP printer again. I just want a simple printer.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

When I signed up for HP Instant Ink which they really don't give you much of a choice to do...I was excited to save so much money on ink because, as a college student, that is money that I don't have to spend. However, when I needed to replace my printer I was not able to 'remove' my printer from the HP Instant Ink subscription and then when I added my new replacement printer, I am now being charged for not only both printers and their ink, but the credit card I used to originally sign up with, the expiration date expired and now they have rendered both of my printers unable to use and I am STILL BEING CHARGED FOR BOTH PRINTERS.

I cannot print at all, but am being charged an enormous amount of money for two printers that are useless. Thank you so much HP, you can rest assured that not only will I never purchase another HP product but PLEASE REMEMBER, social media can be a blessing or a lesson and this 'lesson' will be your eventual undoing!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Yellow ink container (951) only gave me 30 sheets of prints on the last container I used... the one before only gave about 1/2 a ream. I have been getting about one ream of printing before I had to change them... I feel they are not filling the yellow containers full up. My friend has the same experience. We buy all supplies at office max in Crystal River, Florida.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

BEWARE!!! INSTANT INK PROGRAM... FALSE ADVERTISING!!! Participated in the Instant Ink program after purchasing my brand new HP OfficeJet Pro. Promotion stated could cancel at anytime...not quite true. After a little over a month, I determined that this wasn't the program for me. I cancelled online and was told that my "membership" would be active until 12/15/17 (approx 3 weeks later). Oh and by the way, I had exceeded my per page limit and would be charged by the page until 12/15/17 to the tune of $7.99, which is on top of the monthly fee. This happened while I was preparing Christmas letters, creating labels, etc. Then today to add insult to injury, my printer won't print because I am no longer part of the Instant Ink program. I need to remove full cartridges and replace with those not received through Instant Ink... ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Post script - HP would appreciate it if I returned the FULL ink cartridges so that HP can recycle.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I have a Costco all in one printer. The printer itself works fine, my problem with HP is if yellow, cyan or magenta are low and your black is full it will not allow you to print at all, even though the black ink is full. As anyone who has bought printer ink knows, ink is expensive and if you only use black the other ink will deplete or dry out over time even if you are not using color. It's a cheap ploy they use to make you spend 60-100$ even if you don't need to print it color. Will not support HP in the future.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I am a mom at home with 3 college students, and myself working from home, writing talks and papers constantly. I will have to say that the experience of owning a HP printer these past few years has been absolutely horrendous. I had always had HP inkjet and laser printers before and had considered them quite robust. While I could re-fiddle with the HP 7500 e910 printer, its settings, and supplies most of the time, - I never counted on trying to keep this printer going my new full time job. It constantly refigured my network settings, always went "offline”, also the wireless network capability went out the window into one year of owning this unit, the network cable needed to go right into the router-which sometimes put a damper on printing from iPad or a Droid phone.

I was spending so much money on their cartridges for years, with the family using this printer so much (and please take note that I also own and use on the same home network 2 other printers). Many glitches in printing prompted me to update HP drivers. With upgrading the drivers, the HP ads and web pages constantly came up trying to hook me up with their Hewlett Packard marketing gimmicks to buy their ink. With each update, HP big brother was watching, giving me error messages that were bogus, and trying to drive me to buy more HP products. The latest was the message to upgrade my printer head, -which I did with an HP part. Still got messages. I see that many HP users have had that same situation. After that it said the Cyan (blue) cartridge "was damaged or missing", I fixed that cleaning and reseating ink cartridges, and "hody ho!" - now the Magenta cartridge is no good-and I changed that out. When is this going to end?

So it's all been fun and games. My hands are so stained with ink half the time, I look like a printer repair technician. Now with shutting it off several times, and unplugging it, all lights are blinking rapidly, and it will not reset. It is time to retire this printer. Will I replace it with HP? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! My EPSON works beautifully. While it is not the best at ADF, it is ALWAYS available on my network, and prints from all devices. I can use the CISS system, with absolutely no problems with ink or cartridges, or "printheads". It doesn't hound me for upgrading drivers constantly. It doesn't send me messages that I need to use a proprietary ink, paper, or other supply. So to HP... There is quite a difference between smart sales and marketing in an attempt to maintain an account base with your product and supplies, and just downright making your customer miserable!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

HP Photosmart 7525: Do not buy this printer if you expect to use anything but original HP printer cartridges, no refills. The printer works fine, but when using refilled cartridges, there are multiple problems: You get continued error messages, so your print stops until you assure HP over and over that, indeed, you ARE NOT using original cartridges. Also, the printer will not indicate the status of the ink in your cartridges. It'll tell you they are empty when they are not, and won't warn you when you are running out. I have always used refilled cartridges with no problems. No more HP printers for me.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

HP Envy 5530 - As a programmer and electrical engineer I have never seen such deliberately written awful user interfaces like the local webpage designed of this printer. IT BY ITSELF, decided to create a password and lock me out. I am the only user of the computer and printer, yet for some reason (which makes no conceivable sense as there is NEVER a valid reason to password protect a computer PRINTER on a local network) HP engineers apparently thought it should automatically create password protection of the printer based on God knows what trigger. I actually got around this once as I was able to find on some user forum that it creates an account called just "admin" initially with no password under some dubious conditions. Of course, this time that default password and id didn't work either.

Calling the idiots at customer support (which sounded like a boiler room in Calcutta) was completely useless as there is apparently NO way operationally to override the password or return the unit to its factory settings. I was absolutely floored by the stupidity of their design, they should be ashamed all the way around: product design, product testing, and customer support. It is astounding that anyone could be this incompetent but there are plenty of reviews by others that show that this is really what their unit does and not the result of someone hacking my printer (which is absurd) but which was the only other possible explanation. Oh well, I took immense joy in smashing this piece of garbage with a sledgehammer.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have spent 3 days trying to get some satisfaction with this company - first it was the faulty cartridge and trying to fix it based upon the troubleshoot guides online. Then it was customer unservice that I have had nothing but terrible service with. Today I was told they are sorry and don't know what happened but they will try to fix it. I have already spent way too much time trying to resolve my problem with them and still no satisfaction.

I depend upon ink to do my job. However they could care less. I will not recommend nor ever buy another HP product in my life and will do my best to convince others to find a better alternative. I do hope they will ship my ink sometime in the next few days despite being promised it would be here today and I have not even received a tracking number to show it has been shipped. I am tired of dealing with them and tired of writing my problems with them. I wish someone cared just a bit. Hopefully my conversations with them were recorded. I will request an attorney if my ink is not here by Monday.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I have an HP OfficeJet printer 6972 and the top margins cut off and it is hard to print envelopes. The site is hard to use and reps are rude and charged me $499 for a service contract. I would like my money back and see that others are having the same issue.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was on hold with these people totalling more than 1.5 hours! The call got dropped once in between, and the last guy disconnected the call because he said I was being rude and he was refusing to transfer me to his manager! I must have been transferred at least a dozen times, and my issue was still NOT fixed!!! Totally, rude, incompetent, idiots! I will be returning this printer come Christmas time either directly to the company or to the store, and I am expecting a full refund! I will NEVER and I mean NEVER be buying another HP product again! And I will deter anyone who mentions they're buying a new printer or laptop to steer clear of this company too!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Horrible HP product. Terrible HP service. I bought this printer a couple years ago. I work in a remote camp in Canada. The Officejet 150 is supposed to be rugged so it can be used as a portable printer. It is about the size of a box of Pot of Gold Chocolates. It also has a scanner and a copier. I have had intermittent problems with installing ink cartridges. The printer refuses to recognize them - even if the cartridge is brand new. Recently, I got a message indicating that a black #98 HP cartridge needed to be replaced. The printer has both a HP colour cartridge #95 and a HP black cartridge #98.

I replaced a black cartridge 6 months ago but spent 3 days trying to get the printer to recognize it. As well, it appeared that the printer wanted me to replace the colour cartridge, too, even though it was not empty. I replaced the colour cartridge. Black #98 would still not work. Bought another #98 black and it worked fine as did the colour cartridge (already installed). It appears to me that some HP cartridges are defective - possibly to drive up profits? Fast forward 6 months to November 2017 - exact same problem. Installed a new black HP #98 cartridge one day ago. My Officejet 150 printer would not accept that cartridge. Replaced the colour cartridge HP #95 yesterday, printer said it was accepted, then rejected it, then accepted it… ARRRRGGGH.

HP black #98 ink cartridge is still not working. My HP Officejet 150 printer will not recognize the new #98 black cartridge. Tried all cleaning solutions as per the online printer manual. Tried cleaning manually as per online manual. I read all other relevant sections of the online manual up and down and back and forth. Nothing works, still getting error message that the printer does not recognize the new HP #98 black cartridge. Called the dreaded HP call centre on 1-888-565-9917, on Nov 25, 2017 at 11:31 am Mountain Time (MT). Got a rep named Ray in Philippines. I took 10 minutes to thoroughly explain the problem to him. He hung up.

Called HP call centre again at 11:41 am MT. Got rep Angel in Costa Rico. His voice was so muffled that I could barely understand him. (I used to work in a tech support call centre for one year, and it appears to me that Angel was deliberately muffling the phone - an old trick to dump calls where the agent muffles his/her voice, hoping you will hang up because you can't hear what the agent is saying). I asked to be transferred to a Canadian call centre. He asked what country I was calling from (???). I asked him to guess. He said "Canada?" I said "Yes." I was speaking to him in English, but he asked what language did I want - French or English (???). I told him that since I was speaking to him in English, could he guess what language I wanted. He said "English?" I said "Yes." He said there were four official languages in Canada (news to me), so that is why he asked. (English and French are the only two official languages in Canada).

Angel transferred me to a rep named Drake at 11:50 am MT. Drake was in the Philippines. I asked for a CANADIAN rep. Drake's voice was also so muffled (the old trick again), I had to ask him for a Canadian rep. I was transferred to William (in the Philippines) at 11:52 am MT. I was worn out and fed up. I asked for a supervisor. William was using old phone technology that is similar to a "ship-to-shore" shortwave radio which is used in Atlantic Canada between fishermen and fisherwomen who are on the sea in their fishing boats trying to talk to their families on land. There is a time delay so you have to say "over" at the end of each sentence when you are finished speaking, otherwise you end up talking over one another's voice - which is considered very rude in Canadian culture.

For example, when calling the HP call centre, you say something like: "Hi my name is Edward. I have a complaint about my HP Officejet 150. With whom am I speaking, over?" I was able to train William to do the same thing when he was speaking to me. After a lengthy conversation, I got William to transfer me to a supervisor named Sarah. I also got the HP Canada Corporate Head Office address. It is 5150 Spectrum Way, Floor 6, P. C., Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 5G1.

Sarah was good to deal with. I trained her how to use the word "over" and told her I had written the HP CEO last year but lost a reply from a corporate manager. She looked up my file and thought that a corporate manager, last name **, had written me (?).

Sarah said she would escalate my case as I said I was getting ready to mail my HP Officejet printer, cords, and a bag full of old HP cartridges back to the CEO - and copy my letter to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation consumer TV show called Marketplace which investigates disreputable businesses and corporations by using undercover staff and hidden cameras. I want a full refund for my printer and ink cartridges. Cartridges alone cost me $42 for the HP #98 and $52 for the HP #95 + sales tax - about $100 total cost in Canadian Dollars. Each cartridge contains 5 milliliters of ink which is about ONE TEASPOON each!

My printer model has been discontinued which makes me think HP got so many complaints about the Officejet 150 that they had to take it off the market - but did not advise customers about the defects. If they did, they would have had to reimburse customers. Sarah said she would escalate my case. No managers are available in Canada till Monday morning Nov 27 - why is there no Canadian manager on duty on Saturdays? I thanked Sarah for her help.

I have a lot of correspondence I wanted to print off over the weekend that I cannot do now. I will waste two full days waiting for a reply from HP. Very frustrating after spending about $300 + tax CDN for the Officejet 150. Total wasted time (today) was nearly 4 hours trying to deal with the printer and the call centre, in addition to 2 hours wasted yesterday going out to buy a new cartridge and coming home and trying to get it to work without any success. Like six months ago, I am guessing that it will take a total of 3 days to get the printer cartridge to work… ARRGGGGH.

A reply is pending from a HP corporate manager. HP Officejet 150 All-In-One is a terrible HP product. The terrible call centre service from the HP customer care is just as bad. In my opinion, HP needs a new Executive Team and a new CEO - and a call centre in Canada with people who use a normal phone line and who are trained in the basics of how to answer a business telephone call from a customer.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My Officejet Pro 8715 which is a little over a year old suddenly was reporting that the print head was missing. I am on the HP ink program so I always use their ink, support had me reset the print head and it worked for 2 days. Now the problem is back and will not reset anymore, keeps giving me the same error. So do yourself a favor and don’t buy HP printers, they don’t last, apparently this is a frequent problem.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

The HP 6700 All in one printer is a poor quality printer and the option to refill the print cartridges is made difficult because if you let the cartridge run out of ink the printer will not function until you buy a new HP cartridge. I do not believe the manufacturer should be allowed to hold the consumer hostage to be able to save money if they need to. I will be replacing this printer and will not purchase another HP printer again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

3 months into my purchase, the 3830 printer does not speak to my Mac anymore, to get a techie to fix it it will cost more than a new printer. HP will go to the ash heap of tech history together with Digital, Commodore, Sinclair and Texas Instruments. I absolutely hate them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Why not hammers, sickles, bullets or gravestones? HP has been ripping consumers off around the world on printers and ink for two decades now. They never work as promised, they always go out of date, the pricing is essentially a scam to get you to buy a printer sometimes for as low as 1/3 of the cost of the supplies that go in it. How is this even legal really?

Given the way they talk about and brand their products, the disparity is so massive that essentially boils down to lies, false promises and deceptive/criminal behaviour that robs innocent people of time and money and fills landfill sites with 4-9 cubic feet of horrific garbage and toxic materials as often as they can possibly cram that crap down our throats. I keep trying to make it work, be a fixer, give them chances, buying new ones, trying different approaches to get support or warranty recognition. Nothing. It has to stop. And I know this site is basically a sham for some legal group that advises brands of their risk surface area. More liars and thieves.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Have an HP 2540 Printer. Whenever you change the tiny ink cartridge, the printer prints an "alignment page." If you don't do the alignment perfectly, it keeps printing page after page... How convenient of them to get you to buy more ink. Why can't they give you the option of using an alignment page that you already have instead of having to print one (or many) every time you change the cartridge?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I purchased a Envy 7640 on June 23, 2017 from Fingerhut with a 2 year extended warranty. On September 25th my Envy 7640 feeder grabbed several sheets of paper causing it to jam. The paper tray would not line up or become flush and paper continued to jam. I contacted Fingerhut and was told to contact HP since it was still under manufacturer's warranty. I was told by the customer service agent they would replace my printer with a new printer same make and model.

However when the replacement arrived and I had returned my newly purchased printer I noticed that HP had sent me a refurbished printer when I tried to install it. I immediately contacted customer service and they verified that I was told I would receive a new printer however they did not have one available in warehouse. I told the agent I wanted a full refund and I would purchase another printer myself and return their refurbished printer.

I was assigned a case number and the process began. HP would only refund in form of gift card. WHAT? Therefore I am forced to purchase only HP product and to make matters worst they would only refund $215.00 the supposedly the current value and not the purchase value of $269.00 ninety days ago. Here's the kicker HP says I have had the printer for 5 months how the heck is that possible when it was purchased at the end of June. Would not 30 days be at the end of July and sixth days be at the end of August and ninety days be at the end of September when the problem first occurred? How can you even count 120 day when the end of October isn't even here yet? Not to mention the printer has not been in use since September 25th.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I would NEVER EVER buy any HP products again. For me to have a printer only 1 year and the printer head completely goes out and I can’t get any help from tech support or customer service is not ok. Tech support and customer basically didn’t show any concerns of my issue and basically told me I would have to buy another printer. Didn’t offer any discounts to purchase another printer or anything. Whoever is the director of operations both need to send a memo to your tech team and your customer service team. They need to work on their customer service skills. I will never buy anything HP Again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My goal is to warn the world NOT TO BUY HP PRINTERS!!! We purchased this HP 4630 printer on Black Friday about 2 years ago. This loaded up and seemed to connect to my computer without a hitch. I used it for a few weeks and then it lost connection with my computer. My computer is a laptop and whenever I take my laptop out of the house, which I do at least once per week, the connection between the laptop and the printer needs to be fixed by a support technician. They literally take control of my laptop and work on it for hours before it is ready to be used. I got tired of this chaos so I go for months without using it.

I had signed up for the instant ink program and loved the fact I didn't have to go out for ink replacements. However, with the hassle that using the printer is, it's just not worth the trouble. I can go to a friend's house and use the Canon printer every time without need to uninstall and reinstall or call tech support or have the representatives "accidentally" disconnect the call before a resolution has been made. Extremely HORRIBLE customer support and an even WORSE product.

They finally decided they would give me a new upgrade of the printer... but there is no way I'd ever buy another HP nor will I advise anyone to... I'D ADVISE EVEN MY NOT-FRIENDS TO STAY AWAY FROM HP!!! Absolutely terrible junk. What pushed me over the edge was the last two weeks an error has come on the printer stating the ink cartridges that are installed are not meant for this printer... It's the ink they sent me!!! HP does not even deserve 1 star but I had to choose something.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

While I have an HP Laser 1022n printer (black only) which has always and continues to function beautifully after thousands of copies, the more recently purchased wireless Photosmart 7520 (colour printer) is so expensive to operate, due to ink cartridge life, that I can no longer afford to use it. The yield from ink cartridges is terrible and defeats the whole purpose of having a colour printer. I find it more efficient to take my documents to a retailer to print them for me. After all, if I print them myself, I'll have to drive to the retailer to buy more ink anyway.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

My husband and I purchased a new printer, we got home, installed the new printer with the INK that CAME WITH the printer. We then enrolled in the instant ink program, they started to charge us for USING OUR INK! We realized that it was not going to be cost efficient for us to use the program so we cancelled it that next day. I just noticed that we are being charged for every page that was printed after we cancelled our subscription. I contacted them today to tell them I cancelled it 20 days ago and I should not be getting charged for the pages printed and the use of MY INK. They informed me that I am being charged because they don't bill until the end of 30 days so therefore my cancellation is not effective until after the first 30 day billing period.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Two years ago I purchased two printers HP office jet pro 6830 all-in-one. One for my home and one for my vacation home. I bought them at different times. Well, both showed printhead errors and both have been replaced ever since 3 times each and now the printer at home showed the same problem for the 4th time, however this time is out of warranty... I am very and extremely disappointed that HP did not make sure to remove this product from the store's shelves. I have the serial numbers which are registered with HP under my name.

Updated on 9/21/2017: I have contacted today HP and informed me that since the printer is outside the warranty (after the 3rd replacement due to the continuous Printhead errors) they are not willing to replace it.

Hewlett Packard expert review by ConsumerAffairs

HP Printers are created by Hewlett-Packard, a large technology company founded in 1929 and headquartered in Palo Alto. The company manufactures and sells a wide range of printers in addition to laptops, desktops, tablets and more.

• Ink types: HP Printers come in a wide variety of ink choices, including laser printers, ink jets and more. This means the company is a good choice for people who are looking for a printer that uses nearly any type of ink.

• Community-focused: HP is focused on doing good in the world, and they are committed to environmental initiatives that can help strengthen the environment and improve the earth's future.

• Varying capacity printers available: The company has created a wide range of printers, from those that can handle a very high capacity, to small individual job printers. This makes it a good choice for anyone from large businesses to individual PC owners.

• Reputation: HP is one of the oldest technology companies that still creates and sells products, and their years of success have proven that they are a forward-thinking company that makes high-quality and well-regarded products.

• Accessories: The company sells a wide variety of accessories that can accompany printers and computers, so it is a convenient one-stop shop for those in the market for a printer.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Palo Alto
www.hp.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use