3.69/5
Based on 369 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax

881 HP Printers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 9, 2018

I will never buy an HP printer again and I strongly suggest no one else buy one either. I feel like I have been SCAMMED by them. I only use my printer for black and white shipping labels but it has been using my color ink cartridges for black ink... And there is "no way" to fix that according to their overseas support team. HP you have lost a long time customer and I won't return due to your immoral business practices. Buying expensive ink is a SCAM and you know it. I'm going to tell all of my business associates to change their printers too, even if I have to buy them new ones. DON'T BUY AN HP PRINTER!!!

Original review: July 8, 2018

Recently purchased the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M26nw printer and have never been able to use it despite support. I have never experienced problems with a computer or printer as much as this printer. Support is useless. This printer would better serve as a boat anchor. It definitely soured my taste for any HP product in the future.

HP Printers 881 Reviews and Complaints - Read Before You Buy

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 23, 2018

Have several HP ink jet printers, no laser printers. Usually they are very reliable. But when things start to go bad, problems seem to cascade.

Original review: June 23, 2018

The wireless HP Printer is at times very unpredictable and unreliable, Sometimes it takes a few days to print a coupon. Other times it works great. It doesn't seem to respond to the router, and even after calling customer service, they can't figure it out either. I've watched numerous videos on their website, but it still works sporadically. Plus, The Ink is expensive.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I have had this printer for about 3 years and have had no problems with it so far. I have even purchased another PC and was able to easily transfer the capability over to the new PC.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: June 23, 2018

After trying lower priced machines, I bought HP’s Officejet Pro 8600. Print, photos & copies all perfect. It has been super reliable.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Does anyone else absolutely detest HP Printers? Absolutely the worst product experiences of all electronics I have bought. This printer which I just bought to replace another failed deskjet had to be replaced the minute I bought it... it missed half the lines on every printed page. The replacement is just as bad. Getting the paper loaded is a nightmare... it tries to suck down all the loaded pages and just will not correct itself no matter what I try to do. This is it for me... the very last product from HP I will ever buy. This company deserves to go out of business... soon!

Original review: June 22, 2018

HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 works fine. I can scan, copy documents and print wirelessly. Only issue, it can be noisy. Paper tray needs to be redesigned, to make it easier to remove. Lastly, seems to use up a lot of ink cartridges.

Original review: June 22, 2018

It's a printer much like the rest. It works well until you need it badly, and then it's out of ink. It works better than others I've owned but is also more expensive.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have an HP all-in-one printer/scanner/copier which I've owned & used often since 2006 without any issues or problems to date. It is easy to use & very dependable. If anything ever happens to it I would want the same exact model.

Original review: June 22, 2018

For the price, I am not sure that I can find a printer with equal quality with the HP printer. There's ease of set-up, print and picture quality, both side printing, faxing and copying. The only thing I would change is size of the machine. It is largely odd.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I bought an HP 6869 printer twice in Jan 2018. I could not get any of them to work right upon initial set-up. I returned them both and got a Canon PIXMA MX922 and it work great!

Original review: June 21, 2018

Our HP printers are always reliable and dependable for our business. We hardly ever had any problems with our HP printers except for paper tray part broken part.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Had a HP Deskjet 2200 that we had bought at Walmart for only $19.99 - worked for at least 10 years - now have a Deskjet 2600 that we also paid $19.99 on Black Friday & so far very pleased with it. We do not even consider any brand but HP.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have only one other kind of printer over the years and I was not happy with it. On the other hand, I like HP printers. However, I went away for three months and when I got back nothing I did would get it to work again. I was not happy with it. I had it about three years so there was no warranty, I had to get another HP.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I love this printer but the ink is so expensive and it doesn’t print that many pages that I feel like I’m always out of ink when it counts. I cant afford $50+ for the ink all the time. What I love about this printer is that I can purchase refill ink on eBay with all four colors needed for my all in one 5220 HP printer for under $10!!! Works perfect. Just when it prints because they aren’t original inks my phone will give me a notification that the ink is low... it’s not. You just got to hit the “dismiss” button and it prints perfectly. Can’t beat it. There’s absolutely nothing else I don’t like about this printer!!!

Original review: June 20, 2018

Recently had issues at work with HP printer, technician had no idea what was wrong with it and ended up changing parts (and charging company) that didn't need to be changed.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I have a HP DeskJet printer. HP is reliable and they are easy to use so I like this brand. They last a long time and it's easy to change the ink cartridges. I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: June 20, 2018

The HP printer is the only brand I have ever bought. It is very dependable but it knows when I insert ink cartridges that are not HP and it tells me that the ones I insert may not be reliable. I would recommend an HP printer to anyone who ask.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have an all-in-one-product. It has failed several times to maintain a wireless connection so I have had to use a USB port to print and scan. Also the print quality is unacceptable unless I use the "best" option which takes very long to download. In addition, the loading tray became detached early on in my ownership through no accident or misuse.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The printer has worked reliably for over four years and online help for minor problems is pretty good. However, if you run out of any one color, the printer will not operate. Also, it guzzles ink.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Fails to print and issues error messages regularly. HP support is unhelpful. I do not attach much confidence to HP printers or laptops both of which I own.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have had my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus since 2011 and it has been reliable and prints quality pages. It also faxes, scans, and copies. It meets my needs.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Our HP printer is easy to use. It also has a fax and a copier. It prints a great and legible copy. I myself have had a few small problems using the fax machine but my husband doesn't so I just chalk it up to me! Lol.

Original review: June 18, 2018

My HP printer is almost 30 years old. Laserjet is probably the most economical method of printing. The toner cartridge is getting hard to find and gets more expensive every year, but I can always find one online and my price per page is negligible.

Original review: June 18, 2018

The HP printer is the only deans of printer I have used. They last about 3 years so it’s best to keep a warranty on it. The printer always did a nice job and the print cartage refills are at a good price.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have always had HP Printers. Now I have an all in one and when it broke I called HP and they send me a call tag to send that back and as soon as they got it they mailed out a new one. That was amazing customer service. I ended up needing the printer before I got the new one but again got an HP. And that one is doing good. I don't print much but it prints and copies. As long as you have ink it seems to work. I also just scanned something for the first time. It's easy to use, but not sure I can find what I scanned on my computer anymore. Just not tech savvy.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Easy to use printer. I would if the ink lasted longer. The cost of the HP printer I have was cheaper than I expected being that it prints, copy and scans.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Our HP multifunction printer did a great job scanning, copying, faxing and producing color hard copy. Its weakness was the cost of ink cartridges and the frequency of replacement. It seemed my wife always had a critical document to print, when the cartridge ran out, which was frequently. The cartridges were more expensive than I feel they should have been. Price per copy was much higher than my Laser printer.

Original review: June 17, 2018

HP is a great printer. Never had any problems. Would recommend anyone looking to buy it to go for it. If anyone knows about printers you will be very happy to pick an HP.

Hewlett Packard expert review by ConsumerAffairs

HP Printers are created by Hewlett-Packard, a large technology company founded in 1929 and headquartered in Palo Alto. The company manufactures and sells a wide range of printers in addition to laptops, desktops, tablets and more.

• Ink types: HP Printers come in a wide variety of ink choices, including laser printers, ink jets and more. This means the company is a good choice for people who are looking for a printer that uses nearly any type of ink.

• Community-focused: HP is focused on doing good in the world, and they are committed to environmental initiatives that can help strengthen the environment and improve the earth's future.

• Varying capacity printers available: The company has created a wide range of printers, from those that can handle a very high capacity, to small individual job printers. This makes it a good choice for anyone from large businesses to individual PC owners.

• Reputation: HP is one of the oldest technology companies that still creates and sells products, and their years of success have proven that they are a forward-thinking company that makes high-quality and well-regarded products.

• Accessories: The company sells a wide variety of accessories that can accompany printers and computers, so it is a convenient one-stop shop for those in the market for a printer.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs