3.65/5
Based on 1,084 ratings submitted in the last year

1398 HP Computers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

On 3 Aug l purchased an HP Envy 17 bw0000 Laptop PC series. Over the last 12 months odd, the PC has crashed 4 times. In each instance l lost data, had to wipe the machine clean, and reinstall Windows 10. I have documented instances of the last two (2 months apart) were in both instances HP told me the Inbuilt partitioning System was none responsive, or damaged - or the Recovery Media was non responsive. I do not think this is normal, to have a new Pc die on you 4 times within the first Year of purchase at a hefty price of Euro 1099 odd. I bought it thinking am purchasing an i8, the best l could afford, with the best software from Microsoft.

My best advice is don't buy an HP Laptop if you value your time - 4 times with the same issue, losing data because recovery system doesn't work, losing productive days spent trying to get the company to rectify. When highlighted to the company how unfair this was - was told "We will repair it this time - and it won't ever bother you" - the same statement l had the other 3 times.

As we speak the PC is down from 6 Aug, will only be collected 9 Aug and it takes 8 days to get it repaired. Even if apples cost more - rather invest for the excellency of the machine. HP refused to replace their faulty PC, refused to share any complaint platform or the regulator that monitored their market practices. This is surely malpractice - to sell expensive gadgets, that give you problems once every quarter within the st 12 months. Whatever you do, don't but this i8, HP HP Envy 17 bw0000 Laptop PC series.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Went online to order a new laptop as I have done before, Told the person what I needed and they recommended an Omen. I said OK. We make the purchase and since received in December it has been to HP twice since then with various issues. Now it will not keep WiFi connectivity. We have been dedicated HP customers for over 20 years. Never again will I buy a piece of equipment from HP. Tech support helped but it was like pulling teeth, Maybe I am the exception, but somehow I do not think so.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I don't even want to give one star to any of the HP staff. I have bought a laptop USD 1000 approx. After a year, there was some problem and screen stop working. As genuine customer, I sent that to the customer care. They told me the prices and I agree, from there the story starts. I sent my person 7 times to the customer care as they never picks up the call. He return 7 days as they never gives proper time. At last I went and then shouted over there. Next day I got my lappy.

What's next? I have seen that they have not fixed my screen properly and also, the keyboard keys where wrongs set, @ symbol was somewhere near to Enter button and many more. I have checked this when I was in Thailand. I came back and sent email to service head which is again my fault and he assigned someone and he called me, later that day I got a call from same customer centre and that guys started abusing me during call and shouted at me and hung up the call. I told whole issue to the HP staff. Instead of taking step on this they told me, "You have signed the paper when you have taken the laptop and that paper was the bill." When I was taking the laptop the person told me to sign on the bill, I don't even know somewhere very small they have written some terms.

So, all the guys around the world if you wish to throw your money in gutter buy a HP laptop. They will abuse you after your laptop. REMEMBER THIS; it is a fact they will not screw your screen properly because after a certain point of time it will come out and they will charge you again to pay put the screen. It happened twice with me. I HATE HP and will tell this issue everywhere in this world. It is not the fact that USD 300 paying is big amount for me but how anyone can abuse you and shout at their customer and HP don't do anything instead they will send you the bill.

Original review: July 24, 2019

HP 15-da0299tu keyboard issue. Worst experience I have with these guys, I bought new HP notebook and after few months I had keyboard issue that I need press harder to get some keys working. I went for customer care. They kept my laptop for a month and finally told that "Some GROOVES damage" issue and the warranty is not covered. I am not much technical and don' t know what the exact issue is. So, I took my laptop from there and called customer care with case ID. They gave me some number and email ID to escalate the issue. The reply is "We have revalidated this case but again rejected by our technical due to internal damage (seems someone has opened this unit)". I never opened my laptop and the guy at customer care never mentioned that it was opened earlier.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I bought a HP Laptop in February for my college kid. We didn't get around to fully setting it up until March, 2 days after 30 day purchase! The laptop went to the black screen of death just after the first set up of person preferences, adding email address etc, and since I was 2 days out of 30 day purchase I was directed to HP Support! After MANY hours working with a rep, unable to download the reset program to a memory stick (cannot be scan disk). HP finally deciding I needed to have a memory stick mailed to me with hard drive program. I ended up having to wipe the computer and load the program back in, which I did with the help of customer service. The computer worked for a couple months and again I have the black screen of death popping up with hard drive errors!!

Again calling customer support where I have a laundry list of things to do, tests etc, to wiping the computer AGAIN!! I was told I could have HP store any data to reload back into the computer for a fee!! A fee, really?? This computer hasn't worked properly since day 1. So nice of HP, they gave me an 90 day warranty extension, on a computer which has NOT worked properly since purchase. Agent supposed to call back in 3 hours after wiping (2nd time), however after 5 minutes the computer says it won't wipe! Trying to get back on the phone with the people you are working with, IMPOSSIBLE!! You are not a customer, you are a number, bounced around and around and around like a bingo ball!!! Frustrating to say the least after being told the "supervisor" would personally handle this. This process goes on for a full day and on to the next.

Finally I tell them I will hold for the person whom I had been working with as we could never connect with several tries in between. What have I purchased here?? A laptop which won't work and people in customer service whom you cannot reach without calling half a dozen times! I will never buy another HP product again!! Any problems with their computer products and you will need to self repair and will need many hours available to do so! Be WARNED. Save your important files elsewhere and be prepared to be without a working device for at least 2-5 days depending if they need to resend you the hard drive program and when you will talk with customer service again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: July 20, 2019

Using HP Spectre x360 Convertible, 13" for about 11 months now. Here are the Pros & Cons from my experience:

PROS:
--- Touch screen capability, with sensitive touch pressure. I was able to perform hand lettering designs without any complains on this computer.
--- It's sleek, light and beautiful. Aesthetically, it's very pleasing to the eyes, more so than Apple's notebook series imo. 360 turning helps I letter, but mostly I'm just happy I can push the lid flat against the table.

--- Bang & Olufsen surround sound effect. Need I say more?

CONS:

=== This is the biggest reason why HP loses my trust and I won't get another HP notebook. I hibernate all my laptops often, for almost 10 years without any issue rebooting. Until this HP. When I want to reboot after hibernating, 9/10 times the laptop will crash and leave me with a black screen. I will then have to restart the laptop (long press the power button).

Googling this issue: It looks like I'm not the only one facing this issue with HP. Hp seems to have rebooting/hibernating issue with their laptops since 2012, as far as I can find. It's quite frustrating having to reopen files and recalling where I was in the middle of a document. My laptop is virus free. I've even tried hibernating the laptop without any apps open. The laptop crashes regardless. There have been a few times where it successfully reboot even though there's Photoshop, Chrome, PDF files running simultaneously. But most of the time, hibernating it only causes it to crash later. So, it's unlikely the apps, but more so the hardware/software problems with HP. Will I ever use HP again? Maybe, if the price point AND the laptop are attractive.

=== Also, I've never encountered a laptop that forces you to update almost every 2 weeks. Not sure if this is Windows being an ** or HP. It's impossible to ignore the updates OR reschedule it. The rescheduling feature is a joke imo because regardless the dates and time set, the laptop just reboots itself. And updates would have been fine. I can wait 20-30mins. But most of the time, my apps encounter problems after updates. Largely with Photoshop and Microsoft apps (eg. Excel losing the right-click capability, editing features in Word got removed/moved - I am still figuring out). I call these updates laptop rapes. These issues don't justify the price I paid really. I should have got a Surface but I thought this was a fine-looking laptop compared to Surface.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have spent maybe 20 hours over the last four months trying to get through to somebody from HP. No luck. I have spent hours searching forums for non-existent solutions to my problems. Half an hour after taking this laptop out of the box, the screen started to mess up; green pixels took over half the screen, and they pop up all the time. On top of that, the screen randomly turns black for a few seconds. Those are just two of a dozen different problems with this laptop. Yet I have received no support whatsoever. Indeed, the one time I got through to their phone line, they hung up on me as I was explaining my problem! Despite countless pleas for help, HP will offer no suggestion at all. They reply with platitudes, no doubt not even a human replying but an automated reply.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have a laptop notebook. Actually it is my second one of the same computer. I bought the second one when I could not charge the battery or power on the first one because I could not plug the power cord in. I don't know if the problem is with the power cord or the power/charging port. I am concerned because it looks as if the same thing is going to happen with the new one. I am having trouble plugging it in.

Original review: July 11, 2019

When my warranty period was over, my HP printer did not work anymore. But when I looked up my printer I saw that in US and Asia, the printers are called back due to a hardware issue. My printer had the same issue but HP did not want to fix the hardware without any cost. Never buy a HP product, they will rip you off.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Brand new PC 6 days old. Spent 2 hours with customer service on phone. Issue not resolve! Called me a liar. PC went in trash. Never again will I buy an HP. You would think that they would at least honor the warranty! I do not recommend using their product. I paid 129$. Yeah. Cheap.

HP Computers Company Information