HP Computers

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.95/5

HP Computers Shop on Amazon

HP Computers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HP Computers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Ok so we ordered this a 27 inch all in one Pavilion but my son upgraded it to the sound of 1500.00. He was promised shipping by Dec 24, as it was a Christmas gift but he was willing to just put the photo in the box and keep what he upgraded to. Dec 24 rolls around and we get an email stating that the item would not ship till Jan 20, 2021.. Ok so we waited that long. Why not just wait the rest of the time, and we did. Jan. 20 comes around and we get yet another email saying shipping on Feb 9. Ok so my son ordered on Dec 3 and they took his money immediately like I said to the tune of 1500.00 so now I lose my mind about it and call them.

When I tell you it took my 3 hours of my precious time to get to the right person and all I got was she would escalate the situation and try to move the shipping. I have to say with all that wait time and stress, they offered no compensation, not even a coupon and their demeanor was very robot like and uncaring. No emotion no condolence nothing to speak about. Pretty much the worst customer service ever.

Ok going, forward I finally receive the computer and it is beautiful.. I go to stand it up and it is on what I am going to describe as a platform or stand that has a bar coming down from the back and then a flat piece that sits on the table top. Well we sit it on my granite desktop and it is wobbling back and forth.. The flat piece on the bottom is not so flat. It is warped and looks like there is no way to just replace the stand. I call back, and long story short I spent 2 hours on the phone once again, ended up to the same escalations person after talking to several others, and her telling me that the ONLY resolution is to send it back and they would A: replace it (it is custom so I would wait another 2 months perhaps). B: send back for a full refund.

Ok I dont know if this is me but my resolution would have been, "Mrs **, just keep what you have till we can get another one out to you and once you receive the new unit ship it back in the box that we send the replacement." But no, they have to have the unit back before any exchange can take place meaning there is a possible wait time of 2 + months. How is that fair to me??

I will never buy another one of their products after this ordeal and I believe we will be sending the item back for full refund and going to another company that will deserve my business as this one could care less about their shortcomings. I have ordered directly through them before and received my item within a week. And customer care was always awesome. I dont really know what happen to this company. And could it have been done on purpose because I complained about the wait time?? Hmm... Who would put that computer into a box and not notice it couldnt stand on its own ?? Pretty fishy I say lol.. Ok Hewlett-Packard you stink anymore.. Customer service is the worst..

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I purchased HP 8022 printer January 2020. Within 3 months I had numerous paper jams. During fall 2020, I was unable to purchase yellow ink because no stores had it in stock (Office Max, Staples, Best Buy, Target nor Walmart). I was told that the ink is a recall item. Here I am with a printer that is less than a year old; therefore, I was forced to sign up with a program through HP called Insta Ink. Now HP has the yellow ink for their program only! Meanwhile I am allowed 50 pages per month with HP Insta Ink. Now during January 2021 my printer warranty expired and I renewed warranty for 2 additional years because I paid almost $200 for this printer. After I purchased the warranty, in January and February 2021, my printer is printing garbage and using up my 50 pages that I am allowed per month.

I called HP today, 2/10/21 to discuss my options. I was on the phone for a total of 4 hours (no kidding) to find out I have to call back on Monday, February 15, 2021 to receive a replacement printer! HP associates, Leads and a Supervisor is giving me a hard time for a replacement printer (I am livid):

1. They wanted to troubleshoot and during this time, I kept receiving paper jams.

2. My printer kept printing obsolete pages and shooting out blank pages as well (I'm only allowed 50 pages/month).

3. One person said 1-2 days to expedite replacement printer, Supervisor said try back on February 15th to request replacement printer again!

4. You have to give credit card information to hold $1 before a replacement printer can be sent; my credit card hold would not update and "they" kept insinuating the error was on my end yet they abbreviated my address and would not update the information to spell out Avenue, Drive or (th) behind my street address. They even kept stating my address must not match my credit card statement address (huh)?

5. Each one kept telling me I had no extended warranty but when I became irate they appeased me by agreeing that I did (which I do because I paid for it with the same credit card)!

To make a long story short, the first associate disconnected my printer, a new printer is not being shipped, I spent 4 hours of the phone with various unprofessional associates who said they were managers but really was not. I have to call back again and will probably spend another 4 hours with incompetent employees to receive what I paid for $200 plus tax printer that did not last 1 year!!!! Unbelievable! Unbelievable!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I bought a Tango printer to replace another HP printer. My first printer was so easy, plug it in, and I was using it within 20 minutes. This Tango printer has been an absolute nightmare. I spent at least 2 hours on my own trying to get it set up and connected to wi-fi and then I finally had to call customer support. After an hour on the phone with them, it finally was able to print. Then I went to scan and it only scans from your phone, which isn't what I was looking for either! Save yourself the trouble and buy something else, even if you want to use your phone to scan, there must be better printers that are easier to set up!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Good luck going online/telephone to arrange the return of an item purchased. This is the third time I have contacted HP to arrange a return. I have never experienced customer service with another company as bad as this.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Don't trust their return policy. HP claims to have a 30-day return policy for new items. Fedex lost one of their items in shipping and it arrived over a week late. I needed a laptop for my job so I went out and bought one. When I tried to return the HP they added a hidden 15% restocking fee and refused to waive it even though the item didn't arrive on time. They even wouldn't acknowledge the late arrival until I sent documentation from FedEx. It sometimes took 6 days to receive an email response and they tried everything they could do to prevent my return. I will never purchase anything from them again!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I purchased a HP Spectre customized laptop from HP.com in September 2020. When I received it 6 weeks later, the speakers did not work, so the HP technician stated it was defective and return it to HP.com. I requested credit for all of the time it took to set up the laptop, then reset it back to factory settings, set up a replacement HP Spectre laptop, plus the 40 minute roundtrip to drop off the defective laptop at FEDEX. HP agreed to and issued a $50 credit, however, they issued only a partial credit for the returned laptop, deducting the $50. I have spoken with Customer Service representatives; they even have a recording stating they would issue the $50 credit and give me the full refund for the defective computer. They have NOT followed through. Be aware before purchasing anything from HP.COM.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I have owned my HP laptop for a little over 1 year. I sent it in under warranty because it was separating at the hinges. If you opened it slightly beyond 90 degrees, it would separate. It was returned repaired however it happened again just over the 1 year warranty. HP would not fix it without me paying for their poor product. The problem is now worse than it was originally. I am the only user of the laptop and am not abusive with it and this problem occurred.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I purchased a HP 13' Laptop as a gift for Christmas as shopping was difficult during COVID. The screen is too small for the recipient and we called to return. I was flabbergasted to learn we will be charged 15% return fee. When I tried to speak with a supervisor I was placed on hold for 30 minutes. Horrible policy and horrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I used to love HP products, they worked seamlessly with my Mac for years. I recently bought a new printer (6 months ago) and it has been nothing but torture ever since. HP had a malfunction where they wrote several of their printers incompatible with Mac and still have not fixed it despite the articles discussing how they have fixed it and how you can fix it yourself. Half the time the "step by step" instructions lead you to places that don't exist. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers multiple times. Whenever I do this it only works for that day. Often, after that day I can get it to work by restarting the printer but have to do this every few hours for it to stay connected. If a few days go by I have to do the drivers again. I use this product for business purposes and this is completely inefficient.

I have tried on numerous occasions to get ahold of someone at HP for help. I am pretty tech savvy but recognized I needed help. Getting ahold of customer service is nearly impossible. They tell you constantly to use their virtual assistant, which is a computer who is not at all helpful and just keeps redirecting you to their HP FAQ's or Self support pages. Again, not helpful as I have done everything imaginable to get this to work.

Then I FINALLY got ahold of someone in their customer service department after months of trying and he said, "okay, I am going to route you to the department you need." This line sent me a text with the virtual assistant link again and then disconnected me. So after 6 months of fighting with my printer and wasting countless hours doing so and multiple times connecting to customer service, I am absolutely nowhere. This is quite frankly terrible customer service, terrible customer support, and a terrible product.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Purchased a $4200 laptop and expected it to blow my mind, but it failed to do so and does not perform as good as I would have thought for a laptop of this price. Called to place a return with the number provided with ease the first time. After 48 hours, I did not receive the return shipping label. So I decided to call the SAME number and somehow, the return option is GONE!! Not sure how that was possible, so I got re-routed to virtual assistant which was no help. Then I called a few more times and decided to ask tech support for help. Finally got in touch with an agent and he tells me my order number does not exist. Had to go through several steps in order to find my order and the laptop I purchased. I am still waiting for the return agent as I am typing this. It seems like once you purchased from HP, they DO NOT want you to return anything. They just want to keep your money! This is absolutely horrible and I have never dealt with any companies like this in my life of ordering things online.

HP Computers Company Information