HP Computers

Stars Rating

• 5%
  • 95%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Reviewed July 19, 2024

If you are a heavy Microsoft user, I would not recommend purchasing HP laptop. There is an issue with Microsoft Windows 11. If you are using a Microsoft account on your HP computer there is a software issue of Microsoft not validating your account. Your Microsoft password is not accepted. You are unable to access your computer. The first two times this happened (within 3 months after purchase) I was able to recover my credentials and had to reset my computer as it was in factory mode. The third time I could not access my computer. HP Support stated this was a software issue and that they could not help me. After paying for a re-install of Windows 11, this same incident happened again. I have now deleted all Microsoft programs and no longer use my Microsoft account and I have no more issues accessing my computer.

Profile pic of the author.
    Staff

Reviewed July 12, 2024

This is the worst company to deal with. They're like used car Salesman, they advertise one thing and once they get you to buy, nothing is what they say. Free ink if you buy this, you’ll never get any ink, warranty-nonexistent, tech support, the worst the Philippines can offer. Not one person that you will talk to will be from the USA. This American company is as much American as Fidel Castro. Don’t get sucked in, I bought a 8139e on printer on 4/24/24 and the starter ink lasted 36 print pages. Haven’t seen any ink from the “free ink for a year” that’s posted on the box, and a sticker on the printer. This company doesn’t care about their customers, they just want to track you. Absolutely pathetic.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 30, 2024

Stay away from HP. Reading the reviews it is correct. Problems with printers and mouse pads. Can't download virus protection and support is not helpful. I should have check reviews before purchasing. I had trust in HP. Don't say you wasn't warned.

Sales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 27, 2024

The monthly ink package is a scam. They barely send the ink on time and the cartridges aren't full. When you contact customer support, they lie and say they sent it, with a 7-10 day wait time, only not to have sent it all, but will contact you when your card expires. This is my third HP printer and they all start off great, easy to set up and use and then they suddenly malfunction or become defunct altogether. I'm convinced they are manipulating the machines to do this. I will not ever buy another one. It's not worth the hassle, nor the inconvenience and disrespect.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 6, 2024

They sell an unfinished product that needs to be updated every day and their printers never work. I was on the phone for hours with reps who do not know how to fix it and promise to replace it, but they are offshore and don't even speak English well. It's a nightmare. Do not buy Hewlett Panything!!!! A lot of problems. You will have a heart attack!!! People over 50 beware!!

Reviewed May 31, 2024

On 4-9-2024 I purchased an HP All in one computer. Model 24-cr0024, P/N 7H0U1AA#ABA. The computer came with only 8 GB of RAM. Before the purchase was concluded I inquired with HP Technical Support about Upgrading it to 16 GB. I was assured that I could add RAM to the computer. With that assurance, I purchased the computer and immediately tried to have it upgraded. After repeated attempts, and many conversations with HP Support, I was unable to get anyone to upgrade my computer's RAM. Time after time HP told me that all I had to do was to replace the Plug in RAM. As it turned out, the RAM is NOT replaceable because it is soldered directly to the Mother Board.

In the mean time, HP has ceased and discontinued this computer because it did not have enough RAM. They replaced it with a newer version that comes with 16 GB of RAM. I have pleaded with them to help me, but they refuse to help. This is their fault. Now they say that they can't help me because it has been more than 30 days. I now have a computer that does not have enough RAM to do a satisfactory job of Video Editing or anything other than casual browsing. It fails every Benchmark test given because of the small amount of RAM.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

I purchased a HP 17.3-inch Laptop in 2022. The hinge to lift the screen cracked within one day of it being out of warranty. I contacted HP support and was told to send them pictures, which I did. The technician then accused me of dropping my device. I assured him that I did not. I was told that they were sure that I did. How can they possibly accuse someone of that? I was asked to send my laptop in and they would repair it for $500 dollars. HP has gone mad. I will be shopping for a new laptop because cracks continue to appear in the case near screws, near the power button and I have to be careful of how I open the screen and hold the hinge into place. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 23, 2024

I've been an HP computer and printer customer for years. Last year, I purchased a HP Office Jet Pro 9025 which is a great printer. They signed me up for an ink subscription at $6.42 per month, which increased to $7.50. I don't use a whole lot of ink and was shocked to see a $38.60 charge to my account. When I called, I was told that I had exceeded my 100 page per month limit. So, in this period of time, I've spent over $130 on ink; I still have 60% left in my printer and a replacement set of cartridges on hand! So, I opted to cancel this subscription plan and was told that none of my cartridges would work any longer! This means I paid this $130 for something I can't use? It's a scam, a ripoff!

Customer ServiceCoveragePriceReliability

Reviewed May 20, 2024

I don’t know how they are still in business. I bought an all in one desktop computer and also a Laptop computer (for my kids) at the same time. The desktop kept crashing after a few months and it was very slow. The laptop which cost me $1,500 was overheating right after purchase and then started crashing randomly. HP warranty support was a joke, they troubleshooted over the phone and gave no solution for my all in one desktop besides upgrade the software and rebooting, which didn’t work. I sent the laptop in for repair (under warranty) and they said they didn’t find an issue with it and sent it back without repairs. I told them it crashes randomly but that didn’t matter to them as it wasn’t dead yet.

Eventually both computers stopped powering on after about 12 months and they were out of warranty and therefore they refused to help unless I paid, even though they were notified of these issues on multiple occasions before the warranties expired and they refused to replace them. I guess they don’t help unless the devices are dead and it seems suspicious that they died after a year, the same time the warranty is void. This company is just horrible. I have been a long time HP customer, but to receive two bad computers at the same time and no real covered warranty support just sealed the deal for me. Their products are not as great as they used to be. Never again will I shop at HP.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 10, 2024

The HP is the worst device ever made. After a year, my PC was down. I called their customer support, and they charged me sixty dollars before even trying to find out what went wrong. But after some argument, they refunded my money. They then informed me—something I knew before I called—that the hard disk needed to be replaced. The man told me that for $400, I could ship the computer to them for repair. I do not advise anyone to use this product.

Hewlett Packard author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

HP Computers Company Information