2.83/5

1279 HP Computers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I bought this laptop brand new off of the HP website. After about a month the fan started running at a high RPM. I couldn't send it in because I was taking online courses and it was imperative that I had my laptop. Around almost a month ago my hard drive failed somehow. I was doing research for class and the computer froze up and I force shut it down. When I turned it back on it would not boot up because it said there was a hard drive fail. I paid $50 for the in-home technician to come. It took them almost 2 weeks before the technician finally arrived. He replaced the hard drive, then left with the HP recovery media running the installation. The installation ran from about 5 pm until about 7:30 am the following morning. Then a box popped up saying "Recovery Attempt Failed." I tried running it again and it failed again. Then I called tech support. They told me to run it again. I did. It failed again.

Then I called back, they said they were shipping out a new recovery media only for that one to also fail. Twice. I called them this morning and stated that at this point I have gone almost a month without my laptop. I, fortunately, have a small back-up computer to use for classes but I should not have to be using this one when I paid over $700 for this brand new laptop that I expected to not have any issues with. They told me that they won't replace it until it was sent back to them and a full diagnostics was ran on it. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. Their tech support is garbage. I can never even understand a word the people are saying because none of them speak normal English. I am so sick and tired of these problems. I just want a replacement. I am still within my warranty so why won't they replace it!?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

HP Laptop with Windows 10 will not allow you to play most of your purchased games. It will let you install them. It just will not allow you to access them. Big waste of money. You can purchase their continued plans so that you may keep getting assistance though.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I bought an HP laptop from Baker College's bookstore for $455. The laptop stopped working 6 months after I purchased it. Literally out of nowhere (it was not bumped, dropped, had anything spilled on it, etc...). It stopped loading and showed only a lit up black screen after being turned on. I called the number for HP Support (855-850-4187) where I talked to someone I could barely understand. This person was able to remotely access my laptop and an HP logo appeared with a loading circle and the text "running diagnostics on your HP device" under that. Then this person told me that I had gone into my settings and disabled my own computer by putting in some secret password "and it will only cost you $50 for me to grant you access to your device again."

I explained I had done no such thing and will not pay to receive access to my device. I asked to talk to the supervisor. An extremely rude man gets on the phone, identifies himself as the supervisor and starts accusing me of sabotaging my own computer and blaming him. He said he would not grant me access back to my computer and starting making fun of me because I had no idea what a driver was. He told me I had to pay $50 for him to "fix" my computer from his end. I asked to talk to his boss. He told me he is the only boss. I asked if he was the owner and CEO of HP, and he said he was! What luck! I've never been treated so rudely and horribly by anyone, let alone this immigrant...

I asked if he cared that $50 would lose HP not only 1 consumer, but everyone I would ensure bought competitor products, and everyone I could convince through my review NOT to buy HP. He said he didn't care then he put me speaker phone while others in the office giggled at my frustration, then he actually hung up on me. When I called back, the person who assisted me (whom I gave no indication that I had called previously) told me my computer had a virus and he could "fix" it for me for $150!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and was not surprised to find out he was in a "meeting." Sure... Will NEVER buy HP again. Do yourself a favor and avoid the SCAM that HP products turn out to be. I sure wish someone would have warned me!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Top of line HP Envy hardware issues - support: I have purchased this device in January however never used Wifi as I have ethernet available. Now when needing Wifi the computer has no wifi capabilities. In my contact with support I stipulated I need any packaging received by a certain date as I am traveling. Support agreed however I was shocked to receive a notification that HP is sending it the day AFTER I am leaving for travel.

Add to this the fact that HP believes it is a great time to try and upsell me on a warranty, as if I should now be in fear that the computer will not be reliable I would be more inclined to provide HP with additional money (this was supposed to be a top of the line machine and was not cheap). I have purchased a number of machines from HP historically, laptops over $1K each and been a customer for 20 years. When I called again about this issue of timing, and was again upselled on buying maintenance the support representative seemed to enjoy it annoyed me. The support team needs some additional training? As a longstanding customer of HP I am disappointed in this recent experience and need to evaluate my future as a customer.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I purchase a new HP touchscreen laptop from Costco last June. Shortly after purchasing my new HP touchscreen, I began having issues. It would freeze up and run very slow. I contacted Costco Service and they helped me by resetting my laptop. Since I didn't have it for very long I didn't mind losing the little I did have on my hard drive. I continue to have issues with it, too slow, freezing up and finally last week it gave me a critical error screen. I called Costco for help they helped me troubleshoot the problem but they were unable to help me. They referred me to HP, where I was told, my laptop was out of warranty and I would have to pay for the recovery media to attempt to fix my problem. If that didn't work then I would have to replace the hard drive because it might be faulty. Again, out of warranty, my cost. HP you suck! This is the first HP I have purchased and my last. HP has lost a customer forever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I got this thing last December; it's September now. When I got it, it worked great, very fast, etc. I was happy. Around June it started freezing when I watched videos. I ran the virus checks, updated all the drivers and OS, ran every check I could find on it, and still the same problem. So I contacted support, and ended up having to do a full factory reset. It fixed it, but that process sucks because you have to back up the whole computer then reinstall everything. Now, 3 months later, the touchpad has physically broken. When I press it down, it won't come back up. Contacted support again, and since it's still under the 1 year factory warranty they will fix it, but I have to pay $15 shipping.

The factory warranty doesn't cover shipping, and there are no local warranty repair options. So now I have to pay them to take my computer off my hands for 7-9 business days to fix a cheap component. My girlfriend warned me against buying an HP computer when I was shopping for this one, but I thought her bad experience was rare. I'm thinking not so much now. Odds are your computer will malfunction, repeatedly, and you'll have to pay to fix it even when it's under warranty. Once the warranty is up you'll be on your own. Of course they're happy to sell you the 2 year extended warranty for another $239, which I am considering because I expect this thing's life to be riddled with problems. I will not buy another HP.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Somehow I managed to buy a brand new HP Laptop that performs worse than my old laptop. It is slow beyond belief. Start-up takes several minutes. Each internet page has to be loaded more than once to be viewed in the proper layout. Called support, and they routed me to someone that speaks poor English, and was unable to get it working to a minimum satisfactory standard. Save yourself the money and headaches this machine will cause you. Throw your money in the trash and hit your big toe with a hammer. It will be a better use of your resources.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I don't like this computer because it crashes every time I opened the app. And the ads were very atrocious in my eyes. HP computers needs to work on better performance. Every time I turned on my PC, the computer keeps on saying that I have no internet connect even though my Wi-Fi is close and strong. I have to go to setting and reset all the things, which drives me crazy. Macs (although not even cheap) is better and ad-free.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Your operating system just ** up the computer. I had this computer since November and it was working fine. Then, the new operating system comes and it really dares to destroy its overall performance. This is over a thousand dollars and it isn't worth it. Now, you want me to pay money to remove these ** ads? No, and I will not pay because I do want them to earn money by these reasons. Mac computers are ad-free and their operating system is much better. Returning mine.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I ordered a computer for my daughter who is leaving for Boarding school on the 28th. At the time of the order I was given a 3-6 days delivery time. Two days later I received an email indicating I will not get the computer until September 14. I felt it was a bait and switch so I call customer support and told them how furious I am and felt duped by HP. I spoke to Tricia, a supervisor and told her my disappointment in HP. She tried to help me find a ready to ship computer but the ones she found was not in my budget. I told her to leave my order in place. Two days later, I received an email that my order was cancelled. I immediately called again to asked who cancelled my order? This time I spoke to another supervisor named Mel. She assured me to ignore the cancellation email because she was looking at my order and it's still in place. I asked her several times are you sure my order is not cancelled...she replied yes.

I am looking at it and it is scheduled to ship on the 14th of September. I felt better with her assurance. This morning I received an email from PayPal that the money for my computer was refunded to my account. To say I am livid is an understatement. I chose HP because it's a reputable company and I expect to be treated as a valued customer. I am so upset about this because it shows a level of incompetence that should not be at a company the stature of HP. I need an immediate resolution to this because now the computer is no longer on sale and I don't have it in the budget to buy a more expensive computer. We felt so strongly about the computer that my daughter was willing to go to school without a computer for two weeks. As a marketing director who specializes in online reputation marketing this is not good for HP and I would not like to put my experience on the web so I am hoping to get a speedy resolution to this matter.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I bought this laptop from Best Buy in April. The only thing I wanted to use it for was surfing the internet, online purchases, etc. I'm not a heavy computer user. No gaming, no video editing. Just a very basic light user. This computer is absolutely terrible even for the few things I bought it to do. The mouse pad click buttons don't always work. I have to click multiple times to open or close windows, open links etc. Using the internet with this is a pain in the butt. Pages open extreeemely slowly, and sometimes not at all.

When I'm on Twitter, I can't scroll down to see the other tweets in my feed. The wheel by the address bar just keeps spinning. The internet will just cut out sometimes, so I'll have to reconnect. (It's not an issue with my internet service provider or my router. I only have this issue with this computer.) When I'm on YouTube sometimes I see white spots on the videos, and sometimes I see a blinking white horizontal line across my entire screen. Also this laptop has the worst speakers of any computer I have ever owned. I bought a $10 pair of over the ear headphones from Staples that have much better sound.

I tried to return the computer but I missed the return deadline. So I contacted HP support for help. I was on the phone with them for over an hour troubleshooting and testing. They said they fixed the mouse issue, but the problem persists. When I told them about the issue with the internet cutting out, they said the problem is my internet service provider, not the computer. I told them I only have this issue with this laptop, but they refused to accept that the problem was the laptop. When I told them webpages are loading very slowly or not at all, they said they can't control how the laptop performs on 3rd party websites. (Aren't ALL websites 3rd party websites, unless it's HP's site?) I told them I was having issues scrolling down on Twitter, and that there was a white line going across my screen while on Youtube, and they told me that sometimes there are viruses on various websites, and that's why I was having problems! What?!

So there's viruses on all the sites I'm going to? I'm not going on a bunch of shady websites. Just very common sites that everyone uses: Twitter, Amazon, CNN, YouTube, etc. I have problems using all sites at various times. They just refuse to take ownership of the fact that their laptop has issues using the internet. I've read other reviewers mention the same problem, so it's not my ISP. They offered to transfer me to their customer service dept that specifically helps people with 3rd party websites but I would have to pay to speak with them. I declined. Why should I have to pay for you to troubleshoot a computer that I bought only a few months ago that's still under warranty? After being on the phone forever with customer service, I'm still having all of those issues, and HP won't give me a new computer.

I can always call them back and talk to their Tech support for hours, or mail in my computer, but at this point I'm livid, and I just want my money back. I did a LOT of research for several months, reading lots of customer reviews before buying this laptop and it has been such a headache. I seriously regret buying this. Please take my advice, don't buy this piece of junk. It will save you so much frustration. Better yet, just stay away from HP.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I have 2 HP laptop computers. The first was bought a few years back. It worked fine for a few months then it started freezing and running slow. Started doing weird things so I got frustrated and only used it when I really needed to which was not much at all... I just use my Apple iPad instead. In September - October 2017 bought my daughter a HP notebook 15.6 hd touchscreen display for Christmas and it worked OK for about 3 weeks then it shut down with a black screen and will not even boot back up. So I called support. They went in internally from the old laptop. Remind you that it’s old and slow and is never used because of this.

And support told me that it’s the old computer's fault that the new computer is not booting up so apparently the old one gave the new one some viruses and he said it was in my network and wanted me to pay $250 to clean all this out... the old computer hasn’t been turned on in at least year but it gave the new one viruses??? It looks like HP programs computers to work good for a few months and then stop working so you will have to buy some programs to fix them... I told the guy that I just wanted the new one fixed and he still give me the runaround about $250 that needed to be paid first even though it still under warranty. What good is the warranty if you can’t use it!!! WILL NOT BUY HP AGAIN!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I recently purchased a HP laptop, replacing my old Dell laptop. While in the process of setting it up, the first thing it asked for was a password. I used the same password I have used for my computers for the last several years. While downloading files to a zip drive (since Microsoft no longer allows you to use a simple transfer cable), my computer powered down. When I woke it, it asked for my password, which I provided. To my surprise, it said it was the wrong password. Different attempts met with the same result. No problem. Right? The paperwork that came with it promised tech support. After several attempts to contact them by phone and online, I finally reached them by phone.

After explaining my problem with the password, imagine my surprise when they said this was a problem that would cost me an initial fee of $49.99 plus a continuing payment of $14.99 per month! Really? Several years ago, when I had this problem with Dell, they helped me reset my password. They explained it was a one-time deal, but, they still helped me! Had HP done this, they would still have a customer. Instead, I have gone back to my beloved Dell. A product is only as good as its tech support, and HP's tech support leaves a lot to be desired.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Purchased a HP desktop and right away noticed things I didn't like (pages wouldn't load, restarting without a reason). Stuff I didn't pay for. When I contacted HP support I was given some instructions to try to resolve my issues (sorry). Then I had a "Tech" enter the computer remotely and was told "nothing I can do, call this number" (that was the fourth number that day). Finally I was offered a monthly payment, I COULD PAY TO THEM so I might be able to keep this lemon (profanity excluded) limping along.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I registered on 14.08.2018 for back to campus offer and I received redemption code but after 72 hours I did not receive any approval mail and payment link. This is real offer or fake? I know right now I am wasting my time and I know I did not get any response from your team.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Purchase HP Laptop in March 2018. Had problems the first week. Went to Best Buy where the laptop was purchased and was told on three different occasions was told the problem was with the Hard drive. I called HP more than 10 times, and each time was told it was software problem. Last call 4 times in three hours, three hours nonstop... Talked with 5 customer service rep. I asked for a manager. Told no. I followed their instructions, the laptop really acts up, but the rep told me it was my fault, call back when I fix what I did, when I just followed their instruction.

Finally my brother got in contact with a manager. I was told to send in my laptop. I did and it still after its return does not work properly. One major problem I cannot get on the internet. It is not the internet, because my desktops and Apple devices can, so why not a now six month old laptop. Bottom line Customer Service stinks to high heaven and their products are garbage!!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

When I changed my internet provider, all of the devices were able to detect and connect to the new WiFi but not my HP notebook-15-ay198nr. I called the HP tech support, the choices are paid service or free diagnosis. When I chose free diagnosis, it told me to go online to run troubleshoot and hang up. When I chose the paid service, the tech wanted me to pay $35 upfront and then $14.99 per month without even diagnose the problem first. I told him that other 9 devices at home were able to connect to the new WiFi but not my notebook, therefore I didn't want to pay. He did not explain anything but insisted that I need to pay for the warranty first before he would help me. I told him I would like to talk to either his manager, supervisor or someone else, but he kept asking me why do I want to talk to them and repeated even if I talked to them they would still ask me to pay for the warranty.

He wouldn't transfer the call even though I have told him many times I would like to talk to someone else. I had to raised my voice and he still wouldn't give up. Then he said "I am going to put a note here saying that you need warranty". After many attempts, I finally had to hung up on him. After that, my husband went to unplugged the server line and plugged it in again. He also restarted my notebook, then the wireless network showed on the network and internet setting. Now, my notebook is connected to the new WiFi. I am not a computer wizard but my notebook has been able to detect and connect to previous and other public wireless networks, and nothing else was changed or broken. I wish no one will pay for unnecessary services.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

HP Notebook 14-af11-nr. Purchased with extended warranty. After first update which was to Windows 10, started getting messages that there wasn't enough space for update and I couldn't use. I returned to store and had to fight with them, then with the extended warranty people until the warranty ran out. Contacted BBB and then they 'replaced' it with another that did the same thing AND had someone else's info in it so I can't even be administrator on my own computer. Ran me around with no warranty because it was used up on the first.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

If you're a creator of some sort or if you like to play games on the PC, I would not recommend this. The PC is very slow and isn't very powerful, it will crash if you have a big program or file open. The past few months have been frustrating to me because whenever I work on my stuff for long periods of time, the computer may crash suddenly, even if I only had two small windows open, and I would lose all my hours of work. Also, my HP laptop could no longer work as normal anymore and needs to be charged at all times or it will shutdown. If you use the computer for work purposes or use big files, I recommend not buying this.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

About 7 months ago I purchased my HP laptop from Walmart, about 2 months or so into owning it, it started shutting down unexpectedly so I contacted them to fix it. They went into my computer and turned off MANY processes which caused some of my programs to not run when launched. I tried getting them to undo the changes and they said if they were to go back into the computer they would need to charge me an additional fee.

WHY should I pay more money to fix their screw up? All I want is for them to undo the changes and I will figure out how to resolve the shutting down problem myself. I was passed around 6 different times to just be told there was nothing they would do unless I paid more money for something they screwed up. Unless there is a law that protects me I'm down 800 dollars using a computer that won't run the products I want it to.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I am a recent HP Elitebook user. Having browsed through numerous laptop sites and pamphlets, I zeroed in on the Elitebook 840 G5 i7 model, which clearly seems to be a mistake now. One thing I forgot to factor in was that great specs on paper do not necessarily translate into a fully-functioning laptop. Let me give you some context.

First Elitebook arrives on 2nd July, 2018. While going through the setup, I faced an automatic shutdown issue and a corrupted BIOS. Contacted the HP Support, went through hours of troubleshooting, before it was processed for a replacement on the 4th of July. This replacement too entailed hours gone to a waste - entertaining the engineer who came in to check every single component and to take their snaps and then a second time to pack the laptop which was supposed to be picked up the next day itself, and contacting the HP support to follow-up why the delivery guy won't come to pick up the packed laptop even after 3 days (the support somehow thought it better not to inform me of the delay!). Between sealing of the laptop and receiving the replacement, I was left without a laptop for almost a week, affecting my work.

On 18th of July comes the new Elitebook (yes, it took 2 weeks to process the replacement, that too in Mumbai). Little did I know this one was going to be yet another thorn. Faced issues with the display and the track-pad, spent hours with the support troubleshooting my way through it. But this was not it. I soon discovered that the microphone was no good either. Sensing my exasperation, the support processed this one too for a replacement. But what they don't understand is that it was not fun the first time, and is definitely an excruciating pain this time. Contacted the Customer Relations with the issue, but all I got was a semi-automated email with no follow-up!

So, to sum it up, as a new HP customer all I have been given is disappointment, false promises, betrayal of trust and loads of wasted hours. I fulfilled my end of the bargain by paying the money upfront and following the instructions as provided by the HP support, only to be reciprocated with successive defective products. In the light of recent events it seems that it is too much to ask for a fully-functioning non-defective product.

It takes years to build up the reputation and become into such a behemoth corporation as HP is today. At the same time, over-confidence leads to recklessness and eventually a feeling of betrayal and being cheated upon for the customer, the very people who were instrumental in HP's success. Businesses should be wary of such a situation, as word-of-mouth is the most potent form of advertisement and feedback. Just to add to it, I and my family have been patrons of Dell, Lenovo and Apple, never having to face such issues. No doubt the deviation this time has proven to be a costly experiment, never to be repeated again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I got laptop 12/21//2017. It works fine and fast for about 4 months and after that it starts getting slow. I contacted HP, well like a lot of people am out of luck because the software warranty for 90 days only. Finally filed BBB compliant, someone called me, took the computer back to service center and 2 days later send it back. Nothing changed. The computer STILL slow. And now he is talking about the processor (AMD) is slower in general than Intel, but why didn't been that slow in the 3-4 months after I got it???

I got a NEW laptop that I should expect to depend on and it should hold me and work fine for while but not this piece garbage. Did not work fine for more than 3-4 months. It used to be a lot better and faster, and start slowing down and down, it's shame that big company will treat anyone like this and not to honour their warranty and faulty products. It been a bad experience with HP products.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I have been an HP computer user for more than 10 years. Bought a laptop (17" 2017 Laptop) from HSN without the added protection plan due to the previous dependability and quality. After just 14 months my laptop that I only use once a week for about 2 hours had key issues sticking. I called the company and they said it only has a one year warranty. Well, if customer service would be helpful and have a suggestion other than too bad. What is too bad, is that I will no longer purchase your product.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I bought my son this HP STREAM NOTEBOOK 14 INCH on 4/22/2018. He has only used it twice and it’s been running EXTREMELY slow! This was my second attempt to contact HP for help to find out what the issue was. The tech department ran a test and said the hardware was fine but the laptop has a software issue. The hardware has 1 year warranty and software has 3 months warranty. I was 3 days out of warranty on the software and they didn’t even bother to work with me whatsoever. Keep in mind, my prior phone call to them, there was never a software issue! I’ve purchased 3 computers from HP and within time they all tend to run slower and slower. It wasn’t the issue of paying fifty dollars for a software check, it was more about the principle that they were being sarcastic and not working to help a loyal customer. I will NEVER purchase another HP! It’s a waste of money and time.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Disappointed with HP in general. Computer is 2 months old and blacks out if I leave for 10 minutes, unable to tap back into life without the apparent need to restart with the on/off button. VERY slow, although the Staples guy who sold it to me said I would probably not notice the difference from my very old and dying Dell (Intel Core i5). It's a BIG difference.

I have had bad support from HP on a printer issue in the past and read that the same is true with laptop help. I don't even want to get frustrated going there - Staples of course won't do anything because it is outside the 30 days. Sometimes it stops recognizing the scroll bar and I found I have to use the 2 finger scrolling from the touchpad which is awkward. This is a bad computer and I guess a bad company, unfortunately it's everywhere. Had a 7 yr old HP laptop, same speed, and is still working normally for my ex. This HP laptop model 17-by0061st, Intel Core i3 8th Gen is really crappy. I'm going back to Dell.

Updated on 08/17/2018: After having tech support try to fix the speed and blackout problem earlier this month, I turned it on, went to get a cup of coffee and returned to a blue screen saying, more or less, "Your hard drive is screwed." In chat, tech support had me do some checks, then told me to back up my data. Haha, from a blue screen. Tried to offer me a 10% discount on a 2 yr extended warranty. I’ll re-mention the computer was purchased in May 2018 and this is 2 1/2 months later. Told me 6 days to repair so I bought the expedited delivery, then the tech typed ‘we’ll notify you if there will be a delay’ and immediately ended the chat session. Of course it was delayed. Then I got a call that it had been fixed. Then an email that someone tried to call to talk to me and to call back, apparently so someone could read all the terms of the warranty to me. And still, it hasn’t been sent out. Lousy. Last HP computer for me.

Original review: July 19, 2018

At least 15 calls for software support for which I had to make initial payment of $53 to even get the support in the first place. Many problems, none of which could be resolved. Finally ended up returning laptop. They refused to refund my $53 for the software support - total ripoff, not to mention the HOURS I spent on the phone with them. Will call bank today and try to get payment refunded.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The worst service is provided by HP. No response when called. Neither do they have knowledge about any problems and issues. Highly incompetent and unskilled. They cut the calls when asked questions repeatedly. I won't recommend anyone to go for HP because of its very poor customer care support.

Original review: July 18, 2018

My HP Pavilion x360 - m3-u101dx has for the 2nd time gone all black with a screen that reads SMART hard drive error. However, the warranty just ended on 6/29/18. Conveniently, this computer died in mid June so I did not get the alerts about the impending warranty. This issue has happened before in December and HP sent a repair person to my home after FedExing a new hard drive to replace the old one. I have only used this computer maybe 8-10x total in 1 year so I was very upset about this situation.

Because I was not under the warranty, I took it to a local IT repair shop this morning and they said it can't be repaired and if they replace the hard drive, there is an electrical malfunction that shuts off the hard drive. They told me it is a manufacturing issue and it is junk. They can recycle this for me, if I choose. Therefore, I spent 1 hour on the phone today with "Mike from Mumbai" who proceeded to talk in circles about the repair, cause for the issues and what the solutions were. He continually talked over me, read off of a script from HP and basically accused me of breaking the computer on purpose.

His solutions were 2 fold: repair the existing computer for $500+ with a 90 day guarantee or purchase a new version for his good price of $429 (I paid $450 for mine). He would not answer questions about guaranteeing the work or who would repair the computer and told me that if on day 91 the computer broke again, it would be another $500 to repair it. I questioned whether this was a good use of my $ since I only paid $450 for the computer and it has broken before and is only just out of the warranty. He hung up the phone on me and I received an email that my case was closed.

I have never encountered such poor customer service, misogyny to a customer (basically called me **) and kept saying "Miss you don't understand. If you bought a car that the wheels fell off after the warranty expired, you would be in the same boat." He made no sense and refused to let me talk with a supervisor and then hung up on me. I will NEVER EVER buy any HP products ever again. Worst company. Worst service. Worst attempt to try and squeeze more $ out of their customers.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Just bought HP comp. model # 24-b223w three days ago. Computer seems to be working fine. Another story for keyboard! Three days after purchase, keyboard randomly started printing continuous lines of script. EG: geooooooooooooooooorgeeeeeeee, etc. Trying to log into anything was a nightmare! Solved problem by buying a Logitech $20.00 wireless keyboard. Shame on you HP!

Original review: July 14, 2018

HP had me send my brand new computer with a cracked screen for repair. It was not covered under warranty, I had never used it. I paid over $400 to have my new computer fixed. They assured me that my repaired computer would be back to me in less than a week. Three weeks later. They called wanted me to pay another $400 for a new computer, because my repair was complicated. They refused to send my computer back. I am frustrated beyond belief and will NEVER purchase HP again.

Hewlett Packard expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

• Best for: HP computers are best for casual users, businesses, gamers and anyone else looking for a PC.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs