HP Computers

2.0/5 (111 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About HP Computers

HP Computers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HP Computers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I purchased my HP Envy laptop several years ago. I have been pretty happy with it. It does have a tendency to slow down after I need to restart it. Otherwise I haven't had too many complaints. I haven't needed to contact customer service, so no experience with customer service. The sound has not worked very well for the last couple years. So not the best speakers. I do miss my Dell, and yet my daughter and niece had a Dell laptop and all they had were problems with them.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Well guys I start off by saying I’ve had several computers in my time. I am just around 60 years old and I’ve come to find out all the name brands top and Del Sol and so forth etc. etc. I come to like HP most of all. I have a Lotta different other technical items in my house presently Apple products and our iPads, Samsung cell phones are Androids but HP has been pretty much my go to items for printers, computers.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I have had my HP computer for several years and it had windows 7 installed and the only problem I had with windows 7 was viruses that would cause it to crash or began to run real slow so I downloaded windows 10 and and the only problem since is that windows 10 has a mind of its own. It will do what it wants to do at the strangest times while I am searching the internet. Ads will pop up and cover the whole screen and other ads will pop up for a second or two. But, all and all it has been a good one.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

My HP laptop is less than a year old. It is oftentimes slow which I have contacted HP. They did resolve however it was a long process. Also the power button on the side is very sensitive and has turned off with the slightest tap. I find this very frustrating and wish the power button was in a different location on the computer. Other than those two fairly minor issues my HP laptop has been good for my needs. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Using HP desktop PC since 2005. Have two of them now - 2010 and 2012 models. Very reliable device, without trouble, even I move them a lot. From MA to FL, then from FL to NC and back a few times. Still using Windows 7 on both machines. No problem with speed or anything. Actually first one lost one fan on CPU (3 years ago), but still running.

Original review: July 21, 2021

So I buy this computer for work in insurance sale. It was bought inside Best Buy also with all bells to go along with.... Very day this computer has a problem with starting up. I do the something every day....talk about really long time to load a page about it takes for a dial up use to take to load a page. What a piece of **. Computer failed. Totally very very unhappy with this computer. Ten thumbs down.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Absolutely the worst customer support and device!! I bought the first laptop - it came completely broken, the whole screen was just little broken pieces. Gave them a second try and bought another laptop after day spent to get a refund for the very first laptop. The new laptop started to act up in a few months! Contacted support asking for repair, they all tell me that they can help me virtually. Had like 5 issues within a month. Result? Laptop completely shut down, and now they say to send it to them for repair, but all the data will be lost. Like unbelievable!!! NEVER buy from them. You will spend lots of money and get yourself a headache and problems only.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I purchased a Hewlett-Packard laptop barely even use it, brand new. Went to get on that one night hard disk error message pops up. For 3 weeks, I've been trying to get help with this, nobody wants to seem to help me. I'm stuck with a almost $1,000 purchase that I cannot use.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I recently made the mistake of buying a laptop from HP on their own website. The whole process keeps telling you that your new computer will be built in a few days leading the customer to believe they'll have a new HP laptop soon, then the email with the expected delivery date came - and my new laptop was not due to be received for MORE THAN A MONTH!!!

I needed a laptop NOW - not some indiscriminate date 6 weeks from now that HP wouldn't even commit to. That's entirely unacceptable from a big, inconsiderate company like HP. Two days (weekend days) later upon discovering this unacceptable delay, I tried to cancel my order that was still in the very early stages of being "processed" - nothing built, and nothing shipped - and HP tells me that I missed the window to cancel my order. That window was 1 HOUR AFTER I PLACED THE ORDER!!!! One HOUR!, yet they think it's acceptable for me to wait six weeks for a laptop.

Stay away from HP. They're deceptive liars with a total disrespect for their customers. In fact, they don't have 'customers', they have victims. HP uses truly sleazy sales practices. They're an arrogant company blatantly trying to deceive customers and then treat them like garbage. I don't care how good or bad their computers may be, when the company treats their customers this abusively, they don't deserve customers, they deserve to be out of business - total sleazebags.

Original review: July 3, 2021

I just bought an HP Envy 6542e printer. Then found out that to set it up and use it, you will be required to connect to Microsoft Store. Nowhere on the box does it tell you this, only after you buy it and take it home to set it up and use it, do you find out about this.. Little side note. I DO NOT USE MICROSOFT STORE or any other MS products, except of course for their included operating systems on the laptops I use. This is the first time I've ever encountered this forced collaboration w/ a company, a single company, no other download choices, no included CD to install from, NO.. You are forced to use ONLY, Microsoft Store to download the printer's software. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HP PRODUCT and I've had hp stuff throughout the years since they started. Never again. How dare they force a single pipeline to the software, for a printer, that I bought from Walmart, and can't use, because I don't have a microsoft store account. And never will.

Hewlett Packard author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

HP Computers Company Information