HP Computers

HP Computers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.34/5

HP Computers Reviews

Original review: May 2, 2020

I read a review and then found this computer on sale at Walmart for $309. It came with windows 10 s-mode. I was very disappointed at first. It was very slow, and I had to keep refreshing over and over. After some research, I tried turning off s-mode, and with Windows 10 Home it was better, but still very slow. After more research, I got rid of Microsoft Edge and Bing and switched to Google Chrome. Now it is superb! A real bonus for me is the touch-pad. It is far better than a mouse or touchscreen. I couldn't be happier.

Original review: April 27, 2020

These guys are amazing. I called on 1(855) 948-3900 HP printer helpline number for Hp technical support. I checked on the web and discovered official toll free hp tech support phone number. Yet, there was no audits or input so I took a risk. They charged me a sensible expense to come and look and guaranteed that their best repairman would fix my hp printer. Thanks guys to help in at the time of Covid-19.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

My son bought an HP Spectre laptop in the summer and had a problem with it in the second month of his school year. Some parts broke, and when we contacted the customer support group, they gave us a quick, free fix, no questions asked. I could tell they respect the customer very much and greatly valued our experience.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I got my first gaming computer, a HP DV7 for a high school graduation/birthday/Christmas present back in 2008z after that thing became obsolete (gaming computers last about 5 years before technology exceeds their value, this is acceptable, not HPs fault) I bought a HP envy, and now I own an HP omen. Its warranty expired a few days ago. I shipped it out a week prior to warranty expiration (I have always bought the high end warranties, I’ve never needed to use it before) I sent it out on Friday and got it back Wednesday, basically brand new. They replaced most of it (it had some “gamer wear and tear”).

I will continue, as a computer technician of almost ten years, to purchase HP computers. They are an awesome brand. Very loyal customer here, not sure why so many reviews are bad, this is a five star company coming from a career computer tech. Also wanna give a shoutout to Shadow gaming streaming service, if you can’t live without a computer for a few business days, they are a great buy, recommend them. I will continue to but HP products. Thanks HP!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I always knew HP products were good products but had never experienced the consumer support. Via chat, Simon was extremely patient with my limited computer abilities & went above and beyond with incredible patience to assist me. Not only did he reinstall the printer software which I hadn't downloaded properly, but controlling my desktop, he made sure both my computers had all issues resolved to print wirelessly. After this great length of time, he asked about my abilities to scan - a topic I hadn't brought forth. Micromanaging my steps, he once more navigated me through that process! Had I know this terrific support was available, I wouldn't have wasted the time & frustration the preceding days messing with my printer. Thanks a billion!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: June 5, 2020

Please don’t buy HP Desktop Pavilion. I bought a new desktop to work from home due to COVID-19. Computer stop working after 3 weeks, I couldn’t return back at the store so I had to send it to their repair center, it’s been 2 weeks & I still don’t have my computer back from them. Their warranty in system is so bad.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Terrible company!!! Will never buy an HP product again. My computer had an issue with an adapter (Required a driver) and I called technical support. Was connected to an outfit (which may have been overseas judging from accents) which used high end sales tactics to scare me into buying a $350 virus protection package (My windows comes with a free antivirus & also I could have downloaded a number of free antivirus online). Also, wanted to charge me $65 for technician fee and $30 for drivers. Total $450 and I was able to find & download the driver I needed and fix my problem for $0 (FREE!!!!). Bunch of criminals!!!!

Original review: May 29, 2020

I want to write complaint because of poor service. Someone called me yesterday and said he is coming to repair my HP laptop but no one showed up and finally I got technician today and he got part as well but he is saying he can’t replace, no permission from my higher authority. I have to wait ... What’s going on, I am waiting from more than 10 days and I was promised I will get it fixed in 2 days!! I have accidental protection and all still. This is complete harassment. As I already mentioned this is my company’s laptop and I need it very urgently as I work for pharma company working on COViD Immune. This is how you treat your customers. Technician said he can do but he will not!!! I am super upset with your service.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Laptop purchased but not delivered, company dodges any form of responsibility even when I have proof from courier that they didn't do their job right and police report. Will pursue this in every mean possible. HP is a fraud scam company, do not buy anything from them.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I have bought MANY dumb things over the course of my life.... many dumb things. Nothing will ever top the last HP laptop I got. That wasn’t my first HP product. I’ve owned many before. Each and every single one of them suffered from the same issues: cheap components and no way of getting help when you need it most. That laptop though... what I had to put up with really stung me and pretty much finally shed light for me on how inconsiderate and greedy HP truly is. From the moment it was bought, the laptop was the host to a plethora of issues. Hard drive problems, sound problems, driver problems. You name it, the laptop had it.

Every time I would contact support, they would find a solution, but a lot of them were temporary. It was always “Reset your computer” and Install this, delete that”. It didn’t really “fix” the computer. The same issues would pop right back up again, and it hurt most when my warranty expired. Yesterday (as of the time of this writing), my computer randomly crashed. I thought that this was just another harmless crash. It wasn’t “just another harmless crash”. I tried everything, even resetting the computer and before I knew it, my computer was fully dead. It would boot up on a screen that says I have no boot device and just make a deafening beeping sound. I searched that problem up and like I expected, most, if not, all of the reports of the same problem were of HP computers. (Surprise, surprise!)

I went to go contact HP like how I do so often. What occurred after was just plain pathetic. It wouldn’t let me contact them since my “warranty expired”. HP only let me get “support” through a ridiculous and seemingly useless “virtual agent” and by asking for help in a forum, where there is no guaranteed answer, let alone a solution.

Never have I ever felt so disrespected and abandoned by a company. I paid a substantial amount of money for that laptop and now I can’t even get an actual representative to help me? It’s essentially being told that after that warranty expires, you are not deemed worthy or valued enough as a customer to receive help from the company! Nearly every other company I’ve dealt with gives their customers a way to get support at any time, even after the warranty. Why? Because it’s a gesture of respect towards the customer who has paid money out of their own pocket for their product! “Get out of here, we already took your money, go get some help elsewhere!” Is what you’re pretty much being told.

If you are looking to buy a laptop or any electronic product in general, do not make the foolish mistake of buying from HP. I promise you that chances are, you’ll probably regret it. When I bought that laptop, I was looking for a powerful computer to do some video editing and intensive work on. That HP laptop had a lot of the specs of the other computers I was looking at, and it was much cheaper too! I thought it was a great deal, and instantly bought it, disregarding my previous experiences with HP and hoping they’ve improved since. Not spending that extra $1-200 on a different, higher-quality brand is a decision I will forever regret. Don’t be fooled by HP’s prices, they’re cheap for a reason...

Hewlett Packard author review by ConsumerAffairs

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team