HP Computers
1.50/5
  • 1 star
Based on 198 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

HP Computers

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

982 HP Computers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have a 2 week old NEW HP laptop purchased directly from HP with a 90-day FREE tech support. When I need password reset, they charged me 80.00 for a password they emailed me!!! They first tried to charge me 150.00!! What a rip off. I tried to contact the company who admitted the 2 week old laptop has 90 days free tech support but would not refund my 80.00. Had good luck in last with HP computers, this service is VERY disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I was so excited to order my brand new HP laptop (HP Notebook - 15Z) and customize it to my preference, so I ordered directly from their website. Boy, was I about to be horrifically disappointed. First it took 2 1/2 weeks to arrive, which was irritating because it said on the website 5-7 days. The second I turned it on, the screen began SCRAMBLING and blacking out, restarting, screwing up, etc. I spend FOUR DAYS ONLINE with tech support, the first two days HP tried fixing it remotely, only to blame it on Microsoft. I spent one ENTIRE day with two different Microsoft people who finally figured out it was a HARDWARE problem. I went back to HP tech support who spent another TWO DAYS trying to fix it remotely. They asked me to do a factory reboot, which ERASED ALL MY FILES even tho I had backed them up beforehand, the computer was in such a bad state all the backed up files were corrupted.

They finally agreed to send me a box to ship it out for repairs, but made me PAY for the shipping! WTF??? OK, I wait a few days for the box, send it out, and FIVE WEEKS LATER finally get the thing back, stating that they had to change out the motherboard and some of the cables. THEY FORGOT to send me back half of the POWER CORD so I can't plug it in, AND THE COMPUTER IS STILL BROKEN. I called tech support AGAIN, who promised to expedite the power cord. I told the HP rep that I DID NOT WANT this computer any longer since it is obviously a lemon, and she said it was past the 30 days warranty so they would not refund me! WTF??!!

I reminded her that the ONLY REASON it was PAST WARRANTY was because the stupid thing was BROKEN from the start! I've gone now 7 weeks PAST WHEN I ORDERED MY NEW COMPUTER and still cannot get it to either run or get HP to fix the problem. The girl told me she would have somebody call me within 24-48 hours to talk about the problem computer, but that they would NOT send me a refund! Again, WTF??!! I stated to them that if they did NOT refund me, I would contact my credit card company and file a complaint and get a refund that way and then they could deal with my credit card company. I am still waiting for a call. All I can say is NEVER, EVER BUY AN HP COMPUTER OR ANY OTHER HP DEVICE.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

When I bought this HP ENVY Desktop - 750-530qd CTO I bought the upgraded power supply and all fans. I purchased it to do video processing. When I finally got around to using it the first program that I tried caused it to overheat and shutdown. I then tried a couple more programs and lo and behold they brought on the same problem. I called Customer Support and spent a lot of time on the phone with them. The only thing that they seem to want to do was update the firmware, which didn't work. After crashing and rebooting many time she told me that it was the software and I would need to call their Smart Friend service which I would have to pay for. I told her that since there were multiple programs doing it I had my doubts.

I had more than 30 years experience as a software engineer and I don't believe that it is possible for software to overheat a properly functioning computer. I found a diagnostic program from Intel and many sections of it caused the problem. They required me to pay to ship it back even though it never worked correctly which means that I paid more for it than someone who lucked into a good one. I have been a loyal HP customer for years but never again. You might get lucky, wanna play Russian Roulette or buy from someone who actually guarantees their product. I understood it would be one day service but after sending it in I was told that they will TRY to get it back in a week.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Why would HP sell a laptop computer (HP 32g Stream) with a hard drive so small it could not complete the latest Windows security update? I have removed virtually every app that I could and it still will not complete without the message, "Windows update needs more hard drive capacity to complete successfully." They should provide a free upgrade from a 32g to a 64g to remedy this problem.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I was on the phone for 40 minutes before someone said that my problem wasn’t covered by warranty. Then I asked to speak to a supervisor and they did not want to give me a supervisor and kept passing me around. Then finally they put me on hold for another 30 minutes until I hung up. Never ever will I buy a HP product again. I have four laptops in this family and I will start replacing all of them starting today.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

HP thinks it's OK to ship computers which only last 5 months out of warranty. This is ridiculous. “Send us $500 and we will fix it”, said the phone support guy (kid). I asked, “Do you think it’s OK to ship a product which totally fails 5 months out of warranty?” He said, “That's the best we can do”. Well now I know...HP is only a shell of the company they once were. And “that’s the best they can do”. Never again will I buy a computer from a company that can stand behind their product at only 5 months out of warranty. That’s poor service. Period. As an electrical engineer with 40 years of experience I will NEVER buy another HP product.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Work Flow 8500 fn1: This is the scanner from the twilight zone. The security is set such that getting a pdf out of this thing is next to impossible. Specifically, the unit's software says it has the Bonjour protocol enabled to interact with Mac computers, but in reality, that does not work. Workarounds are needed to get PDFs. So then one has to navigate an impossible website and then stumble on a live customer support rep. A tech rep comes on and says he doesn't know how to fix the problem. What kind of idiots manufacture a scanner they cannot troubleshoot and provide adequate software/firmware for?

Everything about HP customer care is to stay away from customers. Finding a number to call is virtually impossible and tech forums always have unanswered questions. The patina of support is there, but it flakes away to dust when you seek a solution to a serious problem. The unit's software shows one thing and something else is true. So now I'm stuck with an expensive device that does nothing. Nothing flows at all.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I purchased a new HP Stream 14 notebook from Wal-Mart on 11/6/17. From day one I had nothing but problems through today. First they put my warranty expiration for 5/18 instead 11/18. After sent pop they said it was fixed. Technical support said it wasn't. Then had problems getting a file off hard. After paying 59.00. Spoke to over 10 tech support reps who logged onto my computer and each made it worse. The one guy made my computer so I couldn't even log onto Windows10 at all. After doing scan of system it was found that it was corrupt and couldn't be fixed.

They told for another 59.00 they would express me a flash drive to recover my computer. I'm a senior citizen on a fixed income. I don't have that kind of money and why should again. Why isn't all of this covered on initial warranty. Then they told me on 1/12 they would send me an email that could be downloaded to a clean USB. I told, "Fine. I could have my goddaughter use her computer to get it to me." They said I wouldn't have to pay for it. As of 1/13/18 I still don't have it. I called this morning they said I had to wait for 24 hours from time of last phone call.

I called at 2;30 cost and was told first that the system that sends the emails was down. Then when complained about the fact that original call was 4 pm cost and I should have had it, he put me on hold and said the email on 1/12. I asked where was it and he told me to 2-3 hours and see if it comes. I have requested on several for a new notebook or to be reimbursed for the piece of junk I was sold. Each time I was told that's not possible. So as of 3:40 pm cost on 1/13/18 I still don't have a working notebook nor have I received an email with the download link. I will never purchase from HP again. If I could give them zero stars I would. Maybe HP needs to bring their technical support system back to the US.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I will NEVER purchase an HP computer again. I invested in a nice, touch screen HP Envy 23 with all the bells and whistles. What I DID NOT anticipate was the built in, unavoidable (I even took it to BEST BUY to pay the guru's to remove the Automated Updates that are built into the system, but THEY could not do it), computer "UPDATES" that are a permanent part of my computer. The biggest problem is that these "updates" actually INSTALL problems that require you to PAY for their Remote Assistant to fix the problem that they DELIBERATELY downloaded, disguised as an update. This is unacceptable and I am currently consulting with an attorney to see if I have any legal repercussions. In the meantime, this is a disgusting and infuriating, deliberate abuse of consumer trust and a HUGE waste of money. Buyer BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

My HP7520 printer has been working so so over the last year. So so meaning the wireless would hit and miss half the time and I would have to reset the printer or the wireless connection numerous times. This week the printer will no longer print anything from Adobe. Everything works fine but not with Adobe. I called HP's Customer (NO) support line and was informed that they could help me fix it because it looks like an update caused it. Great I thought until they informed me it was going to be $50 bucks!!! Ah em What Um no the printer itself was expensive enough now I have to pay for THEIR updates to work. To hell with that! I will round file this pile and move on to another manufacturer! Thanks HP for absolutely nothing but a waste of my time!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I purchase a HP envy touchscreen laptop, with all the bells and whistles. I am a loyal HP owner. Never thought of going anywhere else. After a year of very moderate use, surf the internet. My $1000.00 laptop is now a paperweight. Best Buy said that most likely my cost $600 to fix, without even looking at it. And HP said $500. All we know is it was in my bathroom, when taking a shower. And steam has prevented from ever coming on again. I bought $1000 computer to surf the web and HP wanted $300 for warranty. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I bought my HP notebook at Walmart with warranty but a little while later that month I started to set it up and it was broken. The screen just shattered. I didn't drop it. Didn't leave anywhere it could get damaged. Being that I just purchased it for school well they say that there isn't anything they can do to help.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Purchased an HP Laptop on October 12, 2016, this laptop replaced an older HP Model that I had for almost 3 years. Exactly 14 months and I am having system/software issues with laptop causing computer to shutdown about every hour. I would normally just discount this and pay to have it fixed however my heartburn is I purchased a warranty from the retailer and they worked very hard to fix the issue, however after all kinds of test, and updates come to find out HP has not released the patch to the warranty companies.

So I was directed by the warranty company to call HP direct for the patch, once I finally reached an agent I was informed I would need to purchase another warranty for them to fix my 14 month old computer because it recently expired. After a long debate I refused to pay additional money to fix a product that should last 3 years without problems, especially since I purchase a warranty that remains valid until 10/2018. Absolute horrible customer service, and absolutely no care for their customers. I have been a long time supporter of HP purchasing large quantities of these laptops for my team, however after this experience I will be searching for a more reliable manufacturer that has a little care for their customers.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Secretly, with no notice, the crooked fools at HP loaded two programs on my older Pro Desktop called "HP Touchpoint Analytics." It downgraded performance so bad I had to make calls to see what this was. It was about 500 MBs, and another one was 10 MBs. Thought my business software needed it but they never heard of it. This is a cheap BS Meg Whitman trick to show she is at least as crooked and disgusting as Apple and the Japanese. I'll bet this crooked trick made a lot of HP owners think they had to buy a new HP. I will never own anything HP the rest of my life.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Never ever buy an HP. The story is too long for this but I will just say that I'm stuck for a month in a foreign city with a dead computer and despite contacting HP every day I'm still in square one and lost a month of work. Beware.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Horrible. I had a wretched experience with my first HP but thought that was just my bad luck. I tried again. Just before one year of owning (HP Pavilion Notebook 15 Touch), I noticed little dots behind my screen. They turned out to be tiny screws. 4 of them all together. I brought it in and was told nothing was wrong. Months later, right after the warranty expired, my laptop would randomly shut down. The reason given was the fan was not working. The charger would not charge, and one day, I got home to a burnt cord right where the charger goes into the laptop. I called HP and was on the phone for 51 mins before speaking with a rude man who said I had to pay to get help, as I was not under warranty.

When I stated my laptop could have burned my house down, he said to have my lawyer call HP sarcastically. The battery will not hold a charge and a notification pops up from HP stating that it's no good and to replace it. So, after just over a year, my battery is shot? I am sorry, people don't enjoy paying over $500 for a product that barely lasts a year. I bought a cheapie Acer that lasted for 4 years and it held up beautifully. HP SUCKS. Never, ever, again. Worth noting is my friend bought an HP a few months after I did, and she is having major problems too. Hers isnt quite year old.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

NEVER BUY AN HP! No longer should anyone buy from HP again! I had bought an HP notebook with warranty, first few months I was so happy until 6 months after I had bought the laptop. The hard drive crash so I sent it in for repair. After waiting a month and receiving the repair laptop I had a good 8 months of no problems. Recent for the past 4 months it has been acting up freezing and not loading complete. Right after my warranty ran out the hard drive crashed again! To be honest this is a scam! They install faulty hard drives! HP has seriously lost all my respect. They are manipulative company that cares more about producing faulty products to scam money from their customers.

They wouldn’t replace my hard drives because it was a month out of warranty. It’s funny to think that the laptop can’t even last a year without crashing. Oh but they have no problem taking more of your money asking if you would like an extended warranty for $200 bucks, or that repairs out of warranty would be $300 dollars. Honestly HP is not the company they use to be. They have degraded into another corporate giant that scams the consumers to make money off their warranties and repairs for defective products!! I hope HP CEO reads this you should be ashamed of your company. I am here forth never buying from HP again. And I will be informing all my close relatives and friends of my experience. I hope to see you shut down in the near future. Your former most unsatisfied customers!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

We purchased our HP smart computer in September 2013. It broke one month after purchasing and was replaced under warranty. After a year something else went wrong. I don’t know tech terms but I brought it to my friend (since it was no longer under warranty) to replace a part that cost around $75. Another year and a half goes by and it wouldn’t turn on. My husband figured out how to fix that and then a few months ago we get an error saying something is wrong with the hard drive. We can’t turn it on and when I call HP they say they could possibly check it but it’ll be $65. And that’s not even guaranteed it’ll work again. It’s broken 4 times in the 4 years we’ve had it. Horrible computer. Horrible company. Horrible service. I think it’s safe to say I will never give HP another dime of my money. Now I’m stuck with a broken computer that cost around $600. I wish I would’ve spent a little more and gotten Mac. More expensive but better made.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Worst computer ever in my life. Never in my life have I physically wrecked a computer until just now. It had 100 percent disk use for and I went through every measure over and over again over the past six months. I’ve continually try to get this hundred percent disk for dealt with and it just is sluggish and horrible. Nothing nothing nothing I could do and it just is a horrible horrible sluggish computer. Never buy HP.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

The frame on my laptop (Pavilion) is only a little over 1 year old and the warranty expired 1 month before. Recently the frame disconnected from the rest of the screen causes some screws to fall out, and making it difficult to open and close the laptop. I have never dropped it or anything, I just opened it one day and 2 screws fell out. I talked to some of my friends, and they said that their HP computers have done the same thing. After being on hold for OVER 45 minutes, they told me that the fix would cost $370, which is more than I paid for the computer, and they told me I should just buy a new computer.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I ordered a brand new HP laptop. Less than 6 months in, the keyboard just stopped working. In researching the issue, it appears to be common. I called and the only option they gave me was to send it in for service. Even though it was so young a machine. At first they wanted me to pay for expedited service, but then they upgraded the service for free. Sounds good. I received an email with a delivery date for my machine. The day before the expected date, I received another email changing the date. The day of the next delivery, I get ANOTHER email with a new date. On this final date, the machine was not yet shipped from HP, no new email was received, so I called them to see what was happening.

Their automated system takes over 5 minutes to navigate. I'm on hold for a half hour. Then I get someone who proceeds to tell me that there is nothing she can do. She refuses to transfer me to a supervisor or the escalation department. For 45 minutes, she refuses to help me. Finally, she tells me she will transfer me to a case manager and puts me on hold. After another 15 minutes, I use a different phone and call HP again. This time the automated system transferred me to the wrong department. The person who answered then transferred me to a different, but still wrong, department. This next person transfers me again. This next person again says there is nothing they can do to help. I explain that the person, who still has me on hold on the other line, was transferring me to the case manager. I argue for another 15 minutes before he transfers me to a "supervisor".

This person ALSO refuses to help me for at least another 10 minutes before he finally transfers me to the case manager. The case manager says she will have to contact the service department, but the only way she can do it is via text and it takes them at least an hour to get back to her. She leaves me no choice but to hang up. She sends me an email with her supposed phone number, that only goes to voice mail as I have tried to call her several times, and says she will call me with an answer in a couple hours. No surprise, she has not called or emailed me with any new information. I don't believe that they have my computer. I think they lost it and don't want to tell me. They are refusing to give me any repair information or to replace the machine. At this point, I just want to get a new machine. I don't have any faith that the "repair" will work or that nothing else will break on it.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I ordered computers on Dec 8, and did not realize that because I "Customized" it would take an additional week in CHINA to get my computers. I called customer service and NOTHING could be done to guarantee a Christmas delivery. I emphasized that this was important and the fastest way to get the computers would be amazing - they could not change shipping details. They FINALLY shipped from China on December 15 and instead of understanding and AMAZING customer service I get this on FEDEX webiste "Per shipper instructions, package will not be delivered until the scheduled delivery date." How heartbreaking to think a company is so ugly to do this to a customer. I would tell anyone to get Dell, Lenovo, ANYTHING but HP. So glad that most corporations don't use them. I hope Karma bites them one day.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

My HP 250 G5 laptop failed dead, no power supply 2 weeks before the warranty ran out. I phoned the dealer and was given a number to phone then I was given another number and put through to India. They looked at their database and said my warranty ran out 2 plus months before but if I had proof of purchase which I did it would be ok. A few days later I received an email requesting my proof of purchase. I sent them my receipt from Ebuyer. That was not good enough. They requested a PDF version a few times and my emails were coming back as (This mailbox is not being monitored. Please contact HP through different means of support. Thank You). I managed to get my scanner working and sent them a PDF version that was still no good as it did not contain the serial number. More emails and mentioning Consumer Rights act I contacted my dealer.

He sent a PDF invoice and I suspect he contacted them as my receipt I sent them kept coming back from Vindhya as (This mailbox is not being monitored. Please contact HP through different means of support. Thank You). I then got this email from Sangeetha: "Valued HP customer, Thank you for providing your proof of purchase, we have now validated this and updated our warranty records to reflect your correct entitlement. You do not need to perform any action. Your case will be automatically routed to the appropriate team for action. Please contact HP Customer Support if you have not received an update of your case within 2 working days. HP Customer Support can be contacted via www.hp.com/support."

2 days later at about 6:30 pm UPS turned up to collect and pack my Laptop and send it to Poland for repair. No warning of this. I could have been out. This part of the service was very good and my laptop was turned around repaired in a few days. The call center in India has to be the worst that I have ever come across. They try their best to put you off getting your product repaired and make things very difficult like asking for a PDF version as they could not read my email. Then they ignore you by sending out a, "The mailbox is not monitored," reply. I had to email my dealer, mention Consumer rights act of 2015 and that I was going to complain to head office to get anywhere. Good luck with your warranty claims. This was the short version .5 stars for the Poland service dept but minus 100 stars for the call center in India.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Just wasted hours trying to troubleshoot this HP Chromebook. Funny, all my Mac and Google Pixel devices work. Swarthi, whoever you are, your support is a complete waste of air and you have only wasted my time and made things worse. Can't wait for this company to fade into oblivion. Oh yeah and tried to actually CHARGE me for support. HP employees must be at the total low point in life to stand this. Will happily spend 20x more for Apple.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I purchased an HP Pavilion computer 5 months ago to replace my old HP in which the internal wireless adapter went bad. We also have a newer HP All in One EFax machine and my wife just bought an HP laptop. Last week while working on computer I took a break and came back and opened my laptop. A black circle appeared at top of the left corner of screen and 3 vertical lines on left side of computer. After rebooting I Googled the problem and found it is a somewhat common defect in the viewing screen.

Calling HP they stated it was covered under my 1-Year Warranty and sent me materials to return for repair. I just now got a call from HP stating that my computer problem was caused by "Consumer Damage" [Huh?] and that it would be $490 to repair it. After a lengthy discussion HP offered to reduce the charge to $300 to repair and took my credit card info. I had no choice as I would have to spend a minimum $600 to obtain another computer and then spend the time setting it up. UNBELIEVABLE that HP rips off its own loyal customers [we've bought 3 computers & an EFax from them]. NEVER AGAIN HP! Do NOT buy HP products unless you understand they do NOT stand behind their warranty!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I purchased an HP Pavilion and after about six months some of the laptop keys would not work, so I had to use the touchscreen to type. This was very annoying especially considering I was a student and needed to write lots of papers. I later sent in the laptop for repair at one of the product repair centers, but they said they would not do the repair (which was under warranty) since there was "customer induced damaged." In fact, the "customer induced damaged" was caused at the facility by one of their employees. Whether this was accidental or intentional I do not know for sure. Nonetheless, they shipped me back a broken laptop (you can see the damage in the top left corner) and refused to fix my laptop unless I paid approximately $600 for the repairs. Mind you they were trying to charge me more than the initial cost of my laptop for the repairs!

HP has the absolute worst customer service. I've probably spent at least ten hours on the phone with them merely trying to have my laptop shipped to the repair center and the call center workers would just keep transferring me around to other departments. I've even had a call center worker blatantly hang up on me. Do yourself a favor and don't buy their products. If something ever happens to your laptop/printer, etc. it's just not worth the headache and stress trying to deal with them to fix it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

HP ProBook 584037-001: An absolute piece of junk. Never operated right from the beginning. Now the motherboard went after only approximately 6 years. So it's ready for the garbage can. Will never buy another HP product again.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

About 3 weeks ago a vertical line appeared on my HP 22xW monitor – since then the lines have multiplied – When I contacted the support Dept. I was told that the monitor needed to be repaired or replaced. It was purchased in October 2015 and became defective at the beginning of November 2017 about two or three weeks after the yearlong warranty expired. The service guy said since it was just out of warranty he’d see if they could do something – He put me on hold and returned to say they couldn’t help. I tried to speak to his superior. He put me on hold and after a fifteen-min. wait I was cut off. My father-in-law was an engineer who complained that engineers are instructed to make products that break just after the warranty expires. (It’s actually impressive that my monitor broke so soon after the year was up.) I advise you not to buy HP products.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

My husband bought this HP Pavilion All-in-One core-i7 computer last December for Christmas. We had trouble with it from the beginning. The screen disappears and the cursor jumps all over. It is happening now. They told me it is a virus. Not a hardware problem. A software problem and warranty does not cover this. At the time, the computer was only 3-4 months old. I told them we just bought it and it does not work. If I bought something from the store... I can bring it back! It doesn't work. The only service they offered is one that you PAY FOR! We did pay for it... AND IT STILL DOES NOT WORK! They are sneaky about it too because they send you to a person who you think is part of their warranty service. The warranty is useless. If I were to call them again and tell them it still does not work... I would have to pay again! Never again will I buy this brand online. Apple products have GREAT customer service you do not pay for!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I recently purchased a laptop from HP. Several days after I received the product I received an e-mail allowing me to provide feedback and write a review. My review was honest but not in their favor. So HP sent me an e-mail saying that my review "did not meet our guidelines for posting on our site." After reviewing guidelines there were no violations. I tried following the links in the e-mail to re-post my review but all of them were broken for the exception of the policy link. So this leads me to believe that HP is biased and will not post negative reviews of their product on their site. So I've decided to post my review here so people can get the truth.

Original review that HP refused to post. HP ProBook 650 G3 Notebook PC – customizable. The laptop seems to be OK built. However, pricing for the features seems to be way overpriced. When I spoke with pre-sales and post-sales support I asked about upgrading HDD, RAM, swapping optical drive for HDD etc. I understand that HP may not have certain features or have those features at extremely inflated prices. But when I asked support about specifications as far as SATA, bus speeds etc; they told me that none of the features that were not listed on the "customization" website that I used during purchasing would work. HP's website had NO easily accessible specifications, documents or white papers. "Tech support" that I was talking to, provided the links to PDFs that I was looking for (again, very difficult to find otherwise).

After reviewing the specs and purchasing NON HP parts my laptop is functioning just fine at 1/3 of the price or in some cases functions perfectly fine with an "impossible" configuration. Another issue is that HP does not stand behind their software. Once Microsoft stops supporting one of their OS, HP's OEM installed OS becomes useless. Even though hardware is fine but the OS is corrupt and your "restore" partition is corrupt they will not offer you media for that OS or offer any alternative way to install a licensed copy of Windows. Their answer was to buy a new laptop.

At that point Ubuntu Linux ran waaay better on that laptop than Windows ever did. Mostly, because it did not have any of HP's bloatware. Bottom line is, IF you get HP, (I did because I wanted to re-use my work's docking station with my home dual monitor setup), get minimum, NO OS, and upgrade to what you really want for 1/3 of the price. Give the money to companies who really stand behind their products.

Hewlett Packard expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

• Best for: HP computers are best for casual users, businesses, gamers and anyone else looking for a PC.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.hp.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use