2.60/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1302 HP Computers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I order a laptop directly from HP and have not received satisfactory service with anyone so far. I needed a laptop and even with me paying extra for faster delivery, they couldn’t meet their promise. They were suppose to deliver by the 4th of December 2018 when I placed the order and I paid extra to have it delivered within “2 to 4” business days. When the order completed it had the estimated delivery as the 7th of December 2018. This would have still met my needs.

Then on the 5th of December 2018 they moved the estimated arrival date to the 10th of December 2018. Which would be too late. They then tried to get me to pay for another laptop that had a little less features but I could have lived with it but they wanted me to pay for it before refunding me for the undelivered laptop. I will not try to order another laptop from this company directly and I am considering another companies laptop altogether. This company does a poor job at customer satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The first problem came within the first month, when the CD/DVD player "swallowed" a CD. Nowhere on any HP website did I find directions on how to open the computer to get the CD out. I finally used a Korean-language video and I followed notes on the fix (which involved a screwdriver and a credit card). The computer freezes constantly -- it will freeze with the last screen showing any time I stop typing, any time I have more than three tabs open, or sometimes just for the hell of it.

NOTHING works to shut it down except unplugging it and plugging it back it (no ctrl-alt-del, no shaking the mouse, not even loud profanity). It only has 4 USB ports, and does not work with extensions -- I am constantly unplugging one component and plugging in another. This computer is among the worst expenditures of money I ever made, with the possible exception of a '64 Dodge Polara I bought when I was young and foolish. Do not buy an All-in-One computer. I'm stuck with this garbage, since I am not one who can spend that kind of money with any frequency. I certainly won't buy another HP product of any kind.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I’m having pretty much the worst experience with my new HP laptop. After sending it away for a repair of a power button - a repair that they promised would not involve the software or my data in any way - my computer came back more than a month later with the disc completely wiped, and the computer taking 20 minutes to boot up each time it had to restart as I installed my programs. When I first got the laptop, this was an issue as well, and a tech rep spent many hours on the phone with me updating drivers, BIOS, etc so I wanted to start with doing the same exercise again.

I just waited 30 minutes on hold for tech support, only to have the rep tell me to send it in for repair AGAIN. When I explained that I believed that software updates would help the problem, as it did the first time, the rep HUNG UP on me. Called back and after 30 more minutes on hold, got the same rep (tonight the rep Name of the Night is Shaun). This time he transferred us to a spam site selling life alert buttons. Outrageous. And 30 minutes later again, the new rep (Alan) hung up before my husband got two sentences out. The reps hang up - on my polite, patient husband. Where do we turn? This is just a disgrace.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I am so very disappointed with the HP Laptop. I bought my Laptop in 2017 and as it completed its 1 year of Warranty period, it started giving an issue. The thing which hurt most is I paid all amount when I bought this laptop and if I am not wrong I paid nearly £700, as I bought a year of McAfee antivirus as well. The issue with my Laptop is having is the Power On problem. I googled a lot about it and tried to fix the problem but being unsuccessful, I took it to the shop to get this fixed and horrible bit is the issue is still remain.

Everyone suggest me to sell my Laptop but I know I am not going to get good price for my laptop. I am so frustrated and angry because I might have totally used this Laptop very few time. I would never ever will recommend to buy HP laptop to anyone. Please if anyone is reading this review, Please don't even make a mistake to even think about of buying it. I had no choice apart of selecting 1 star. If I would have been given a choice I would give rating in minus(-).

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Purchased an HP Stream Laptop 6 months ago. As with all laptops it required system updates. The updates started on the PC and when it restarted it stated it did not have enough memory and now will not move past the sign in screen without an error stating windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. There is not an option to do a factory reset as it did not come with any set up software and can not navigate past the error. Naturally I went to HP Support for help where they told me I needed to contact another support area to sign up for a subscription for a nominal fee to get help. Really? The system is defective and built to not handle updates needed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Like the four thousand other people who have complained about broken hinges on HP's Support Community this year alone, my laptop hinge broke after 3 years of extremely careful use. Despite paying to ship the laptop out to get it "repaired" this summer, the hinges broke again three months later. Customer service refused to have it repaired again for free or to give a discount on a new laptop. This is the second HP laptop my family has had that was rendered useless because of a broken hinge. Clearly, they do not build their laptops to last (even though this laptop was a "higher-end" machine at $1200). At that price point, you can buy a MacBook that will last 5-8 years. Save yourself the trouble and don't buy an HP.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I have an HP laptop with what I think is a defective hinge. The lid will not shut or open, it is stuck in place. I called HP support line and the representative did not understand the problem. He was rude, accusing, refused to let me speak with anyone else. My laptop is still under warranty but he told me that the warranty would not cover the repair and kept telling me to give him my credit card number so he could send a technician at my expense. The conversation went from bad to worse and I finally hung up. So I have learned today that my HP warranty is worthless, that they don’t care how their representatives speak to their customers, and they are not going to replace the faulty hinge. I have been an extremely loyal customer of HP for many, many years. I will never buy anything from them again!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

The worst service any company can provide... My mother purchased a laptop from HP and it's just be 15-16 days the hardware is already giving a problem. She requested for a replacement as it's not her fault for the hardware problem and a new laptop is not suppose to give hardware problem so soon... Still they just sent the service guy once and said they will get back... No news of anything yet... Over and above lying about the conversation the service guy had. Still refusing replacement, ** service, no value of cust time, nothing. PLEASE DONT OPT FOR HP LAPTOPS. THEY GET SPOILT FAST AND NO SERVICE GUARANTEE EVEN AFTER HAVING WARRANTY. Hate HP service. JUST WANT YOUR MONEY FOR NO SERVICE.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

HP sales and customer service is worst. I had office jet printer in my office and was on monthly plan for replacement cartridge. About 8 weeks ago received new cartridge in my printer and my printer malfunction. After more than 3 hrs in different times with technical help department they could not able to fix problem and declared my printer not able to work. I mentions that before replacing ink cartridge it was fine. A rude and unprofessional representative refused to replace my printer and not accepted their responsibility. Ask me to pay full price to get new printer. I refuse and with this bad experience recommended not to buy HP products.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased a Spectre 360 Convertible. Today, day 2, I downloaded a game, first one, and installed it. Went fine and fast. After install, I clicked on it to play. It would come on for 3 seconds and then disappear. I contacted HP Support chat and his only words were, it's the games problem and contact them. I ask him if that's all he has to say and/or going to do about it, and he stated yes. I told him that I'll just return the computer and buy a different brand, he stated "Alright then". I will return this product and never again buy anything HP. Do not buy an HP product unless you are a Genius and can figure the computer out on your own. Because there will be absolutely ZERO help from HP customer support.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I purchased my Chromebook on July 3rd 2018. By October it was down and out. Call tech support. They could not solve the problem. Had to send it back to HP paid $15 for fast delivery, they received it on October 25th told me it would be ready by November 6th. Then an updated email said due to part shortage it would take till November 14th. Just this past week, November 6th received the call from some manager that they'll be sending me a new Chromebook. He would call me this Thursday being today to update me on the shipment. Today he leaves me a message telling me he still has not been advised of the tracking information and he would call me next Tuesday being November 13th.

I returned his call to complain about the message she left me. He said he left a message saying he would call me on Friday or Monday of next week. I said, “No that's not what you say. You said Tuesday of next week nothing about Friday or Monday. You're not telling me if the product has shipped you just telling me you have not received the tracking number.” He then said he did not mention Friday or Monday. He didn't want to leave a long message, what a crock of crap. All I can say is Hewlett Packard service is extremely bad. Will never ever again purchase anything made by HP.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Bought an HP laptop and had to return within 15 days. It gave an error message saying that it was fixing repairs and would not work. I exchanged for the exact same make and model and the very same problem occurred three weeks after the purchase date. When purchasing with Walmart, returns can only be made within 15 days. So I am stuck with a product that cost over $500 that no one will exchange, even though it is less than a month old. It seems that no matter what protection you buy, no one wants to take responsibility for defective products.

I’ve spent hours on the phone trying to repair the laptop and try to talk with Customer Service with no success. After waiting the last time for 25 minutes I was asked to call back and promised that I would not have to wait. After another 35 minute wait time, my call was answered. I gave the case number and my name and I was hung up on. Conveniently, this was four minutes until closing time. The customer service has not at all been helpful. After five attempts and an $80 software service package the representative convinced me I needed, given my problems, to ensure I could get the help I needed. I will try back tomorrow to resolve this issue, but will never buy another HP product and would strongly advise others against it as well.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

A complete waste to buy. I had almost no period of peaceful, successful use with it. A year ago in September, I received my HP Laptop, brand new, from the Best Buy Website, excited to begin researching online work/remote work from home with a new computer. Within 3 months, and after taking a couple night courses in college, I had my doubts that I'd be doing any home business with this computer, even lighter computer work from home. It was "sticky" in searching the web and saving documents in Word. So, I thought, I'd need more memory before I could get going that was for sure. Yet, after a couple more months, I began to abandon the idea altogether of proceeding with this computer.

In December, the computer began to REALLY slow down logging-in. Progressively worsening as the month continued. I had anti-virus software on it, of course, however, I began to wonder if it had been infected, although I only went to recommended sites and downloaded very little off the internet. Considering how little I was using the computer compared to how much I would be using it for work from home, I was surprised I was having any problems. By the end of December, it was clear something was wrong. By the end of January, it was almost not logging in/progressing through screens at all, and, in the first few days of February, it went down completely -- stopped logging in altogether. So, I tried to contact HP via phone--no Customer Service phone number.

Had to go through their website -- VERY hard to do when the problem is my computer! So, on my phone (and I do not have a graduated smart phone -- I prefer phones to be phones more and do computer work on a... computer.) I contacted HP and went through their steps to find out it was the hard drive, under "Safe Mode". It said nothing about it being from a virus and neither did HP. The computer was still under warranty, yet I had to pay to ship it to them--and they tried to talk me into paying more from the start, not giving me all the pricing options, just saying, "It'll be about $45 [I believe] for expedited repair/shipping." I had to ask 3 times til I got down to the minimum shipping charge of $15, which was adequate.

The process of dealing with the rep was ridiculous and did nothing to placate my feelings of dismay at my computer requiring such aid in only 6 mos. time from relatively minimal use because I didn't feel like fighting w/ it all the time, I hadn't used it as much as intended. I got it back within 3 weeks, had gotten another job by then, putting my remote-work plans on the back-burner--so, I still didn't use it all the time. Then, in the summer, I re-amped my motivation to do work from home, and in early July, my computer stopped working again--for enigmatic reasons. This time, I couldn't get on the web or access the Start menu, and some other icons/functions weren't working. So, I called HP again! (Oh, happy day.) Again, the tech support rep was not impressive.

I had to explain the malfunctions 3 times before he seemed to get it, after which he put me on hold because he didn't know what to do, so I hung-up because I was as frustrated as I could be after holding and being on the phone a total of about 30 min, and I hadn't been offered true empathetic understanding or a solution yet. I am not remotely a computer savvy person natively, however, I began to play around with it again, found some issues myself and could resolve them myself. Which is absurd considering how little I know in contrast to what a tech support person who works for HEWLETT PACKARD ought to know! I was in shock. And pretty much disgusted. Then, in late July/early August, the warranty expired.

I did not extend it as I really wanted to trust HP, one of the biggest names in the cyber industry -- though I had a premonition I should. Because, of course, in mid September, EXACTLY ONE YEAR TO THE DAY that I began using the computer, it went down again -- via the same method as the first time -- slow to login, until I could no longer log in as it just kept looping back to the login screen once I entered my PW. Until finally, I saw the blue screen of death when I tried it again. I cannot more vehemently NOT RECOMMEND this laptop-- or, frankly-- any other HP product. I have completely lost faith in HP at this point. They'd have to SERIOUSLY make it up to me to prove their products are still sound. So, home business out the window until...

Just recently, I've spoken to 2 different people who work in IT about it--not for Hewlett Packard--and 1 immediately said, sounds like the hard drive. (Did they actually fix it?-- surely not replace it.) And the other thinking about it, when I asked him if he recommended any HP laptop for a home business, said, "...There's just so many problems, so many problems, with HP. You'd have to learn a lot to troubleshoot it yourself... I recommend a Mac." And, there you have it! Pathetic.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I am very disappointed with HP and their support services. Last night I spoke to a representative for over an hour regarding parts for my damaged laptop. How is it possible for the parts to be more expensive than the entire computer? Unfortunately, it is cheaper for me to buy a new computer than get my current (1 month old) computer fixed. Is this really how your company does business, to mislead and gauge your target market. Is this the reputation your founders wanted? If technology is the way of the future, computer companies need to provide more affordable support to their consumers.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I purchased a HP laptop on 09/23/2018. While doing an HP required BIOS update on 10/22/18, the computer died. After 4 hours on hold for tech support, and two hours with a technician, they agreed my laptop was dead, and sent me packaging to return it. Now they say it will take until at least until 11/16/18 to repair it, and please call them if this is not acceptable. Tried calling and got the same phone tree, and an unbearable wait time. I will never purchase anything HP again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I bought a brand new HP Envy dv6 a few years back and it was a good experience. Purchased on Black Friday. I got a great deal on it, however it started to do this strange thing with the display where it would freeze for minutes after turning on before the computer could be used... No big deal, still works and is a great product however the older it gets the longer the "warm-up". Now it takes over an hour after shutting down to boot back up but that's not the only problem. The hard drive is starting to fail and after opening the service port the problem becomes painfully obvious, a tiny bundle of cords powers the drive and provides the data transfer. The slightest bump causes the drive to disconnect and now the battery is failing and the CPU fan is failing.

This isn't abnormal for an old computer like this however today I called the HP sales department to order replacement parts and after choosing the sales department option it informed me that phone support for parts replacement is no longer available. WHAT??? My computer is in pieces and the fan is ceased up and I'm supposed to somehow GO ONLINE to order parts replacement??? Wtf. I guess they just assume people keep stacks of spare computers on hand in case one of the parts breaks.

Very unhappy that they don't provide phone support for ordering parts. It makes far better sense than providing technical support over the phone. How backwards to operate to provide tech support over the phone and parts replacement online... This is coupled with all the recent reviews I've been reading about HP products online has me hesitant at best about buying a new laptop from HP. Years ago I wholeheartedly supported and trusted this company but it seems the quality is no longer the same. Maybe all the good people left the company or the owner/CEO just doesn't give a care anymore but it's sad to see what has become of HP.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I recently bought an HP Omen this year in January. Few months pass, my hard drive failed. I sent it back and they tried to scam me out of $700 for a few scratches my seizure dog did during an episode!! I informed them that I'd just like my hard drive fixed and that's it. I'm currently still in the process of getting it fixed. Next time, I'll buy products elsewhere. Not the first time I've had issues with HP products. Had multiple products fail on me. 1. Bought a laptop and after 8 months of use it just died. Bought another product and it came to me with no display working. Bought a third laptop after that one stopped working and the charger caught the port inside on fire and burned it. Now this with the Omen which I paid a lot of money for I saved up. I have an epileptic dog, I am disabled, and I just wanted to enjoy a decent computer but, with my experiences I won't be returning to HP.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I like my HP laptop though it has numerous problems. It has been sent twice to HP for repair, but the issues persist. Even worse, customer service people are just AWFUL. They are rude and won't help you at all. Repair status is NEVER updated and customer service does nothing to even get information for you. Too many other choice among manufacturers to stick with HP. I have two laptops in a row but never again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

HP has dropped its level of service quality. HP has lost its product delivery quality. HP has thus lost its relationship quality. Many HP reviews are over net and they all happen to be true. Being HP customer more than a decade the service I received for my newly purchased laptop was horrible. The first product received from HP was defected DOA which worked fine for 2 days then the laptop screen started blinking. The DOA replaces unit is facing wifi issue from date of delivery and also the engineer who visited for resolution was not able to rectify and find the issue and also not able to update my BIOS.

HP team had been reported all this but the customer care team just ask me to wait saying that they will be escalating the same. Another engineer schedule never happen to visit my home for service, HP getting reported same says that the engineer had mentioned issue resolved. Never go with HP laptop, or any HP product, read all HP reviews and all are true. All bad ones especially.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

After an Windows 10 update I lost my audio. I was on hold for almost two hours before a recorded voice told me they could no longer take my call because they were closing. I was warned that HP was crap but now I know for myself.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My husband purchased an HP Pavillion laptop for my birthday, 2/16. In August, 2018, the hard drive was deteriorating. I called HP tech support and was advised to buy a new hard drive which I did. My husband did not want new hard drive saying he'd rather just buy a new computer. I talked to customer service about returning the hard drive, followed their directions and six weeks later, my account is still not credited. When I talked with customer service, he said they could not find a history of this transaction and gave me another number where the only automated voice options were to go to the website where there were no options to resolve my issue.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My wife and I purchased a Spectre x360 laptop only 10 months ago. Great system but the charging port is a very poor design. It is a USB charging port designed like our first cell phones, where the port begins to lose it contacts with the male part of the plug. This then results in no charging to the battery. What you do to compensate is wiggle the cord so it can begin to charge. After a period of time it will not contact and charging begins to stop completely.

Well guess what? We are in warranty time frame but they said we damaged the port. There is no visible damage but HP wants $700.00 to repair since the port is attached to the motherboard. Another poor design. My advice is stay away from this product. Unless you are Warren Buffet and can afford to do this every 10 months. Don't and I mean don't buy this product.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I would never recommend buying HP laptops mainly because of the customer service experience. I felt swindled into buying a validity for one year worth $180, by saying that it covers software and hardware issues. Despite taking this payment, they did not provide me a proper diagnosis. Moreover, when they realized that the issue was probably hardware related they asked me to pay another $200-$400 to send my laptop, with no guarantee of repair. I told them I am a student and that they should have told me about these charges. The next suggestion they gave me was to go to any Best Buy or Walmart and get it repaired at an additional charge. This is definitely the worst experience I have had with computer services. I will discourage anyone from getting HP computers.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I bought this laptop brand new off of the HP website. After about a month the fan started running at a high RPM. I couldn't send it in because I was taking online courses and it was imperative that I had my laptop. Around almost a month ago my hard drive failed somehow. I was doing research for class and the computer froze up and I force shut it down. When I turned it back on it would not boot up because it said there was a hard drive fail. I paid $50 for the in-home technician to come. It took them almost 2 weeks before the technician finally arrived. He replaced the hard drive, then left with the HP recovery media running the installation. The installation ran from about 5 pm until about 7:30 am the following morning. Then a box popped up saying "Recovery Attempt Failed." I tried running it again and it failed again. Then I called tech support. They told me to run it again. I did. It failed again.

Then I called back, they said they were shipping out a new recovery media only for that one to also fail. Twice. I called them this morning and stated that at this point I have gone almost a month without my laptop. I, fortunately, have a small back-up computer to use for classes but I should not have to be using this one when I paid over $700 for this brand new laptop that I expected to not have any issues with. They told me that they won't replace it until it was sent back to them and a full diagnostics was ran on it. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. Their tech support is garbage. I can never even understand a word the people are saying because none of them speak normal English. I am so sick and tired of these problems. I just want a replacement. I am still within my warranty so why won't they replace it!?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

HP Laptop with Windows 10 will not allow you to play most of your purchased games. It will let you install them. It just will not allow you to access them. Big waste of money. You can purchase their continued plans so that you may keep getting assistance though.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I bought an HP laptop from Baker College's bookstore for $455. The laptop stopped working 6 months after I purchased it. Literally out of nowhere (it was not bumped, dropped, had anything spilled on it, etc...). It stopped loading and showed only a lit up black screen after being turned on. I called the number for HP Support (855-850-4187) where I talked to someone I could barely understand. This person was able to remotely access my laptop and an HP logo appeared with a loading circle and the text "running diagnostics on your HP device" under that. Then this person told me that I had gone into my settings and disabled my own computer by putting in some secret password "and it will only cost you $50 for me to grant you access to your device again."

I explained I had done no such thing and will not pay to receive access to my device. I asked to talk to the supervisor. An extremely rude man gets on the phone, identifies himself as the supervisor and starts accusing me of sabotaging my own computer and blaming him. He said he would not grant me access back to my computer and starting making fun of me because I had no idea what a driver was. He told me I had to pay $50 for him to "fix" my computer from his end. I asked to talk to his boss. He told me he is the only boss. I asked if he was the owner and CEO of HP, and he said he was! What luck! I've never been treated so rudely and horribly by anyone, let alone this immigrant...

I asked if he cared that $50 would lose HP not only 1 consumer, but everyone I would ensure bought competitor products, and everyone I could convince through my review NOT to buy HP. He said he didn't care then he put me speaker phone while others in the office giggled at my frustration, then he actually hung up on me. When I called back, the person who assisted me (whom I gave no indication that I had called previously) told me my computer had a virus and he could "fix" it for me for $150!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and was not surprised to find out he was in a "meeting." Sure... Will NEVER buy HP again. Do yourself a favor and avoid the SCAM that HP products turn out to be. I sure wish someone would have warned me!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Top of line HP Envy hardware issues - support: I have purchased this device in January however never used Wifi as I have ethernet available. Now when needing Wifi the computer has no wifi capabilities. In my contact with support I stipulated I need any packaging received by a certain date as I am traveling. Support agreed however I was shocked to receive a notification that HP is sending it the day AFTER I am leaving for travel.

Add to this the fact that HP believes it is a great time to try and upsell me on a warranty, as if I should now be in fear that the computer will not be reliable I would be more inclined to provide HP with additional money (this was supposed to be a top of the line machine and was not cheap). I have purchased a number of machines from HP historically, laptops over $1K each and been a customer for 20 years. When I called again about this issue of timing, and was again upselled on buying maintenance the support representative seemed to enjoy it annoyed me. The support team needs some additional training? As a longstanding customer of HP I am disappointed in this recent experience and need to evaluate my future as a customer.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I purchase a new HP touchscreen laptop from Costco last June. Shortly after purchasing my new HP touchscreen, I began having issues. It would freeze up and run very slow. I contacted Costco Service and they helped me by resetting my laptop. Since I didn't have it for very long I didn't mind losing the little I did have on my hard drive. I continue to have issues with it, too slow, freezing up and finally last week it gave me a critical error screen. I called Costco for help they helped me troubleshoot the problem but they were unable to help me. They referred me to HP, where I was told, my laptop was out of warranty and I would have to pay for the recovery media to attempt to fix my problem. If that didn't work then I would have to replace the hard drive because it might be faulty. Again, out of warranty, my cost. HP you suck! This is the first HP I have purchased and my last. HP has lost a customer forever.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I got this thing last December; it's September now. When I got it, it worked great, very fast, etc. I was happy. Around June it started freezing when I watched videos. I ran the virus checks, updated all the drivers and OS, ran every check I could find on it, and still the same problem. So I contacted support, and ended up having to do a full factory reset. It fixed it, but that process sucks because you have to back up the whole computer then reinstall everything. Now, 3 months later, the touchpad has physically broken. When I press it down, it won't come back up. Contacted support again, and since it's still under the 1 year factory warranty they will fix it, but I have to pay $15 shipping.

The factory warranty doesn't cover shipping, and there are no local warranty repair options. So now I have to pay them to take my computer off my hands for 7-9 business days to fix a cheap component. My girlfriend warned me against buying an HP computer when I was shopping for this one, but I thought her bad experience was rare. I'm thinking not so much now. Odds are your computer will malfunction, repeatedly, and you'll have to pay to fix it even when it's under warranty. Once the warranty is up you'll be on your own. Of course they're happy to sell you the 2 year extended warranty for another $239, which I am considering because I expect this thing's life to be riddled with problems. I will not buy another HP.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Somehow I managed to buy a brand new HP Laptop that performs worse than my old laptop. It is slow beyond belief. Start-up takes several minutes. Each internet page has to be loaded more than once to be viewed in the proper layout. Called support, and they routed me to someone that speaks poor English, and was unable to get it working to a minimum satisfactory standard. Save yourself the money and headaches this machine will cause you. Throw your money in the trash and hit your big toe with a hammer. It will be a better use of your resources.

Hewlett Packard expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

• Best for: HP computers are best for casual users, businesses, gamers and anyone else looking for a PC.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs