HP Computers

1.7/5 (105 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About HP Computers

HP Computers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HP Computers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I purchased my HP Envy laptop several years ago. I have been pretty happy with it. It does have a tendency to slow down after I need to restart it. Otherwise I haven't had too many complaints. I haven't needed to contact customer service, so no experience with customer service. The sound has not worked very well for the last couple years. So not the best speakers. I do miss my Dell, and yet my daughter and niece had a Dell laptop and all they had were problems with them.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Well guys I start off by saying I’ve had several computers in my time. I am just around 60 years old and I’ve come to find out all the name brands top and Del Sol and so forth etc. etc. I come to like HP most of all. I have a Lotta different other technical items in my house presently Apple products and our iPads, Samsung cell phones are Androids but HP has been pretty much my go to items for printers, computers.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I have had my HP computer for several years and it had windows 7 installed and the only problem I had with windows 7 was viruses that would cause it to crash or began to run real slow so I downloaded windows 10 and and the only problem since is that windows 10 has a mind of its own. It will do what it wants to do at the strangest times while I am searching the internet. Ads will pop up and cover the whole screen and other ads will pop up for a second or two. But, all and all it has been a good one.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

My HP laptop is less than a year old. It is oftentimes slow which I have contacted HP. They did resolve however it was a long process. Also the power button on the side is very sensitive and has turned off with the slightest tap. I find this very frustrating and wish the power button was in a different location on the computer. Other than those two fairly minor issues my HP laptop has been good for my needs. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Using HP desktop PC since 2005. Have two of them now - 2010 and 2012 models. Very reliable device, without trouble, even I move them a lot. From MA to FL, then from FL to NC and back a few times. Still using Windows 7 on both machines. No problem with speed or anything. Actually first one lost one fan on CPU (3 years ago), but still running.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I bought a new HP Spectre x360 two years ago and it has been nothing but trouble. Let me first say that every negative review about HP is TRUE. Customer service is horrible and fraudulent. They do not care and hate their customers. Mark my words HP will soon meet its demise. Word to the wise avoid buying HP products at all costs! You have been warned.

Here is what I experienced in detail: I bought a HP laptop 2 years ago at a Best Buy store. Roughly eight months of using the laptop the speakers malfunction. I had the laptop repaired by HP for free since it was under warranty. After 3 months of using the laptop the touchpad malfunctions. I filed a complaint with the BBB and I was able to arrange another repair with HP.

After getting the laptop repaired, HP never told me what was wrong with the laptop. A HP repair technician just told me that they were going to replace the keyboard, which seems odd to me since I was having issues with the touchpad. I later found out they replace other parts of my laptop without my consent or knowledge. Now after six months of using the laptop, the battery malfunctioned and it no longer can turn on. I filed another BBB complaint and HP said that they can either have it sent for repair again for a fee. Filing a complaint with the BBB was a total waste of time, since they do not care that companies like HP are scamming their customers.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Please think twice before buying HP product...I purchased a laptop HP Pavilion 15 ab032tx....It was defective piece with hard drive failing soon after purchase and lagging issues...HP refused to accept the mistake and didn't replace the laptop when it was 34 days old and they just want to extract money... So please think twice and consider some other good brand.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Bought their warranty. Laptop quit working so I called customer service. After 3 weeks of back and forth resubmitting the same information over and over, they tell me my warranty only pays for shipping. What a waste of time and money!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I bought an HP Envy printer. The printer really sucks. Works slow and is a huge disappointment. In addition to that when purchasing the printer I was encourage to sign up for HP Instant Ink. The way the service was explained is that they would charge you a certain about of money and provide the ink to print those pages each month. I only received ink once because I have not been printing that often and have been getting charged each month. This service is an absolute scam. I agreed to get 100 pages worth of ink each month, but what they are provided is nothing, but charging you. How is it okay to charge someone without providing the product?

DO NOT be tricked into signing up for this service. It is a rip off! They are going to be taking your money and not providing the ink so you are better off just buying the ink for your printer yourself. So disgusted by this scam Hp is operating that I will NEVER buy another hp product again. What they are doing is absolutely dishonest. I would suggest they spend less time coming up with ways to rip off consumers and invest more time in to creating better products.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Before last year, my last HP purchase was 10 years ago. I stop purchasing their products due to always being unsatisfied with their customer service or their lack to go above and beyond. However, last year I decided to give them another try. I purchased an HP printer and a brand new "thin" HP laptop. Yesterday, the laptop's monitor light went out; the estimated cost to repair was $350-400 (purchase price $550). Because I was two months out of warranty, HP offered no extra compensation, other than pay to repair. Geek Squad and HP admit that this is a rare occurrence, which means it should be covered past the warranty. I hate that HP fails to try and make this matter right for a consumer. Lesson learned, NO MORE HP PRODUCTS.

Hewlett Packard author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

HP Computers Company Information