HP Computers

3.9/5 (2085 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About HP Computers

HP Computers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HP Computers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

If I could give HP laptops zero stars I would. I have had nothing but problems with the laptop I purchased since the beginning. Within a month the touchscreen broke. I had to send the laptop for repairs which left me without a computer for 9 days. As a small business owner, that was completely unacceptable and hurt my company's income. I understand occasionally things break but the process and timeframe for repairs was excessive and unreasonable. I could forgive one issue. But I've experienced TWO MORE ISSUES within 6 months of purchasing the computer. A month ago, the trackpad on the laptop started having issues; only half the trackpad would work. Then the wifi hardware failed on the computer.

I CANNOT continue to go through the process again and again of losing a week+ of ability to work because I have to ship the laptop to HP, have them fix it (which they quote an excessive amount of time for), and then have them ship it back. Don't EVER buy this laptop and after this experience I don't trust that I will ever buy another laptop from HP. This computer is useless and broken and their customer service was completely unhelpful when I tried to get a replacement; I paid top dollar for a new laptop with the custom specs I wanted and they refused to replace the device, they said they could repair it (which leaves me without a device and is impossible for me to do since I run a business that's reliant on my computer) or send me a refurbished model. If I can't trust a new version of this computer, how in the world am I supposed to trust a refurbished version? All in all, I have had a horrible experience. I'm never buying a HP device again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

BEWARE OF HP TELEPHONE BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM!!! I called in to order a laptop on 8/26/2022. The representative who took my order worked out pricing with me to include the laptop, multiport hub, and a 3-year Care Pack. The price was very good, and I was pleased. I asked the man to reconfirm the order, and specifically that the Care Pack was included. He assured me it was. He told me it would show up in the order confirmation email.

I received the email... no Care Pack was included, so I called back in. The next guy tried to sell me lots of things, including the Care Pack that was supposed to have been part of my order. He told me it wasn't part of my order but he could add it for $200. After explaining what happened multiple times, and a few attempts by him to sell me software, printers and ink refill packages, I asked him to escalate to a manager. He agreed, and dumped my call into a hold queue.

After 40 minutes of lousy hold music, and a parallel-but-futile attempt to work through the Chat feature, I was connected to a different frontline sales person who knew nothing of the order! This woman again tried to sell me the Care Pack I had previously purchased, but agreed to connect me to her manager. I asked her to stay on the line while she transferred my call, she said she would... BUT she quickly dumps my call into a technical support queue and disappears. Meanwhile, the Chat person is trying to sell me the entire order all over at a much higher price. By now, I'm curious just how horribly HP would treat me before this sad experience ended. So I hung in there on both Chat and the phone.

The Chat person finally suggests that a manager should review the call to see if the sales person did what I claim he did. I agreed with this, but then she tells me she'll get back with me in 24-48 hours! They took my money quick enough, but now it's going to take 2 days to figure out what the guy committed to selling me??? I think not.

In the meantime, my phone call is still in the technical support queue with bad music and an intermittent message informing me of "longer than usual wait times"... After well over an hour of this hellish run-around, I finally gave up and canceled the order. I have purchased HP computers exclusively for many years, and that loyalty would have continued. However, after the unscrupulous business practices I've experienced in this process, along with the difficulty in getting them to honor the Support Agreement on a previous computer, I doubt I will buy another product from HP. If they treat me this way at the point of sale, how can I believe they'll stand by their commitments later on? Besides, I found a superior machine for much lower cost, and that company was honest and straightforward through the entire buying experience.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

PLEASE CHOOSE A DIFFERENT COMPANY. THE hinge issues HP Laptop 17z-ca000, body started to separate and HP will not stand behind a known defect of this model number. The hinge is mounted to unsupported interior mount of thin plastic. Local repair shop says, "Scrap it to save your money." Don't buy another HP product. Let China keep them. PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR A LAPTOP.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Please stay away from this company. I tried to order some software for my HP Computer and it was a nightmare. First they sold me the wrong software for my application. Took 5 calls about 3 hours of my time to finally get someone to do a return. No easy task. I then proceeded to order the correct software. The only thing they needed to do was email me the web Key to download the software. I specifically asked customer service in the chat room online if I would receive the software key via email right away. They said yes. I have a copy of the conversation because they emailed it to me. 4 hours later and the day is ending I called 3 times, spent another 1 1/12 on the phone, worst automated calling system in the world, to find out when I would receive the email because I had an urgent assignment that needed to be done that night. They told me it could take 24hrs to 48hrs.

I immediately drove to Best buy bought the product, they gave me the web key, went home, downloaded the software and was doing my project. Total time spent 30 min. The next day I called HP to get a refund for the software, I spent another hour, being told they do not take back software. Then I found out they never refunded my other order that they made the mistake on as well.

Long story short after a solid hour finally got approval for my refund. Sadly the story doesn't end their, they then sent me an email and are making me print forms, sign them then scan them and send them back stating under penalty of law I will destroy the email they sent me with the web key's for the software to be returned. So I get to spend more of my valuable time jumping thru more hoops. Time invested almost 7 hours. Worst company in the world. They are in the wrong business and their outsourcing to foreign countries for customer service, makes dealing with them a long and painful process. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company at all costs.

Original review: May 28, 2022

The hinges on the Envy that lets you turn it into a table are attached to the screen by small screws onto a plastic inside the cover. After only 7 months of using the laptop under normal conditions, I noticed the screen separating at the right-hand corner. This was caused by the plastic breaking off the hinge. HP warranty does not cover any type of physical damage regardless if it's caused by poor design on their part.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Purchased a new laser printer from HP Store online. The printer was not as I expected, and I was having problems with performance. Repeatedly contacted HP by phone and online and was unable to reach or resolve my concerns. Since an email to Corporate office and never received a response. I've always like HP products in the past, but this experience left me not so satisfied. I would definitely never order from the online store again. The customer service representatives are outsourced. They're difficult to understand, and for the most part do not have the customer experience etiquette, nor service recovery experience to make the process satisfactory. I'm struggling with an expensive laser printer that doesn't serve my printing purposes. As an example, it doesn't have automatic printing both pages. I did not see this in the printer description, and that's an important feature for me. Stuck with the printer, and no support from HP.

Original review: May 24, 2022

After ordering a $1,400.00 desktop computer from HP I had my computer guy come over to transfer all of the data, computer programs, etc. from my old computer to the new HP. As we were taking the computer out of the box we could hear something rattling around in the computer. My computer guy opened the computer only to find a screw loose and inside the computer. Then we had difficulties getting the new HP to boot up. After several attempts it booted up, only to see lines all over the screen and a message telling us the video card was not working. Apparently HP does not have ANY quality controls.

So here we go with calling HP Customer NO Support in some 3rd world country. You know, the type of call where you can not understand the person talking to you. So I provided my name, address, model number, serial number, phone number - not once, but each of the 3 times I was transferred. Hey HP...here is an idea for you. Have all of your employees use the same computer system so customers do not have to repeat all of this information each of the 3 times they are transferred. I know, it takes someone with a GED to figure this one out.

So I told "highly trained" third world country representative, "We are getting an error message that is telling us the video card is not working." The brilliant HP representative said, "what type of cable are you using from the computer to the screen(s)"...Me: "HDMI," "Oh....Are you using HP screens the HP representative asked?", Me: "No Acer." Me: "Mr. HP. guy with your 3rd grade IQ.... It can't be the screens and it can't be the cable because the screens are receiving the message that that the video card is not working and there are lines running all over the screen...Can I send you a photo of it?" "Yes, please send the photo" I was told. So our 42 min. phone conversation ended with what I wanted to start out with and they are having the repair tech call me. $1,400.00 and a computer that does not work. No more HP products for me.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I bought a printer on Jan 31 and received it around Feb 4th. After several tries, I called HP customer service for assistance, it was determined that I received a faulty printer. They said they would mail me a return label box so that I could receive a refund. This took 6-7 weeks to arrive and three calls to HP reminding them. Once I receive the box, I mailed the printer back. Three weeks later I called asking about my refund and was told I wouldn’t be receiving a refund, but rather a replacement.

After several weeks of back and forth with HP, a case manager called and told me I was incorrectly told about the refund, but since my computer was out of warranty, they could only offer me a $75 coupon. I paid $180 for the printer. Turns out the warranty expired the day after I received my computer (Feb 5th). How does that even make sense? Save yourself the headache and your money. Don’t shop with HP. They follow unethical practices that do not service the customer.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I ordered a laptop to use for my online classes. Several days after the expected arrival date I called Fedex and was told that they dropped the laptop. Up to that point I had received no information from Fedex or HP that I would not receive my computer. I contacted HP and told customer service that it was urgent that I receive a computer for the start of my semester on May16. Despite my urgent request I was informed that they would not send another computer until they received the damaged one from Fedex due to their corporate policy. HP is holding a replacement laptop that I have bought and paid for hostage all the while I fall further behind in my schoolwork. Corporate greed at its finest.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I am sure this maybe a good notebook if I had received it. HP took money and 11 days later I have no laptop. Each time I call they tell me that it has been shipped, however Canada post says they have not received a pick up. Only a label was created. They are refusing to refund me, the customer service agent Archie was very rude and do not listen and put me on hold while I was explaining why I want to cancel. They will not connect you to a manager and they are telling me that I will not get my money back for another 15 to 20 days. Had I had know that customer service with hp was this bad I would never of bought from them, now I most likely will not recommend or buy anything that is HP.

Hewlett Packard author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

HP Computers Company Information