HP Computers
3.64/5
Based on 1,087 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

HP Computers

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

HP Computers Reviews

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I got my first gaming computer, a HP DV7 for a high school graduation/birthday/Christmas present back in 2008z after that thing became obsolete (gaming computers last about 5 years before technology exceeds their value, this is acceptable, not HPs fault) I bought a HP envy, and now I own an HP omen. Its warranty expired a few days ago. I shipped it out a week prior to warranty expiration (I have always bought the high end warranties, I’ve never needed to use it before) I sent it out on Friday and got it back Wednesday, basically brand new. They replaced most of it (it had some “gamer wear and tear”).

I will continue, as a computer technician of almost ten years, to purchase HP computers. They are an awesome brand. Very loyal customer here, not sure why so many reviews are bad, this is a five star company coming from a career computer tech. Also wanna give a shoutout to Shadow gaming streaming service, if you can’t live without a computer for a few business days, they are a great buy, recommend them. I will continue to but HP products. Thanks HP!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I always knew HP products were good products but had never experienced the consumer support. Via chat, Simon was extremely patient with my limited computer abilities & went above and beyond with incredible patience to assist me. Not only did he reinstall the printer software which I hadn't downloaded properly, but controlling my desktop, he made sure both my computers had all issues resolved to print wirelessly. After this great length of time, he asked about my abilities to scan - a topic I hadn't brought forth. Micromanaging my steps, he once more navigated me through that process! Had I know this terrific support was available, I wouldn't have wasted the time & frustration the preceding days messing with my printer. Thanks a billion!!!

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My latest HP purchase is the 3rd HP device I've owned to date. In the past I've had Dell, Acer, Sony, Apple, Huawei, and maybe one or two others. I've always said HP is the "Ryan Air" of computer products. The equipment is up to code but there is a lot of advertising built in that needs to be deleted before you can enjoy the product. My latest laptop, don't judge my choice, was an HP 15-db0. So, bargain basement touchscreen. It came stock with 8 gigs of ram which I intended to upgrade to 16 with the dual slots on the motherboard. Woops. While everything said the computer had two ram slots, and the motherboard does have room for two, only one is factory installed. To find out for sure that this was intended by HP and not a manufacturing defect I called HP support... Oh God, here we go.

After being bounced around from Canada tech support to Canada sales department, US tech support, back to Canada tech support and finally Canada sales department, I finally had my answer. Canadian built laptops are not designed to be upgraded with dual ram slots; A major downfall in my opinion. My last HP laptop was built for the Australian market, almost the same model, and did have dual slots. So now unless I want to throw away an 8 gig ram chip and replace it with a 16 gig chip... I'm SOL. The irony is my old laptop, now aging from travel and extended use, is actually faster than my new laptop.

Now to shamelessly plug the one HP support person who finally answered my question and didn't just try to shuffle me off to the next department. Lewis ID#: **. He wasn't allowed to give his name for security purposes so he had to give me his ID#. He's actually in the sales department but knew more about computers than the tech department. Give Lewis a raise. It's one thing to sell millions of computers a year, and a whole other to actually keep a customer service department functioning. After talking to 4 different sales and tech department staff, only Lewis got the job done. That's how your customer support! Your (still) loyal HP user, Roger.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My AC charge (150 Watt) quit working. I purchased it from BEST BUY website. I went to BEST BUY and they confirmed that the Charge failed. (LAPTOP was 6 months old and under warranty). I called HP Customer Service. Agent said, "No problem. We will take care of it." (We are out of state and my computer is my lifeline to home and banking services.) I told the agent I will pay for overnight shipping, he stated that HP cannot do that. I had the AC CHARGER and power cord in 2 1/2 days. No charge, replaced under warranty. I use the Computer for Gaming (World of Warships) and is excellent for the intense video requirements. Thank you HP.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I bought a brand new HP Envy dv6 a few years back and it was a good experience. Purchased on Black Friday. I got a great deal on it, however it started to do this strange thing with the display where it would freeze for minutes after turning on before the computer could be used... No big deal, still works and is a great product however the older it gets the longer the "warm-up". Now it takes over an hour after shutting down to boot back up but that's not the only problem. The hard drive is starting to fail and after opening the service port the problem becomes painfully obvious, a tiny bundle of cords powers the drive and provides the data transfer. The slightest bump causes the drive to disconnect and now the battery is failing and the CPU fan is failing.

This isn't abnormal for an old computer like this however today I called the HP sales department to order replacement parts and after choosing the sales department option it informed me that phone support for parts replacement is no longer available. WHAT??? My computer is in pieces and the fan is ceased up and I'm supposed to somehow GO ONLINE to order parts replacement??? Wtf. I guess they just assume people keep stacks of spare computers on hand in case one of the parts breaks.

Very unhappy that they don't provide phone support for ordering parts. It makes far better sense than providing technical support over the phone. How backwards to operate to provide tech support over the phone and parts replacement online... This is coupled with all the recent reviews I've been reading about HP products online has me hesitant at best about buying a new laptop from HP. Years ago I wholeheartedly supported and trusted this company but it seems the quality is no longer the same. Maybe all the good people left the company or the owner/CEO just doesn't give a care anymore but it's sad to see what has become of HP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

If you buy an HP product you may end up like me. My personal information were compromised when an HP employee out of a call service center in India took control (remotely) of my laptop for a diagnostic test. Few days later my personal information that was only accessible to me and that HP employee were compromised and passed to an Indian based scammers who tried to blackmail me. HP never fixed my laptop till now despite the fact that I was asked to buy an extended warranty by HP when the laptop was brand new and under full warranty. Be careful out there, HP does not back the warranty. Shame on you HP.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I would not recommend purchasing an HP laptop based on the experiences we had. We've got a small office of 6 people and the HP laptop we had (the only one all others are Dell) failed. The worst part was that the hard drive failed two days after the 1 year warranty. You'd think HP would cover this - NO! They stated they would but it took over six weeks of emails and phone calls to find out they changed their minds and wouldn't cover it. Try going without a computer for 6 weeks!! The customer support site both on-line and via phone were the WORST experience I've ever had. I do not recommend and will never buy an HP computer again. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Bought a new HP laptop worth Rs 1,00,000 and now I am facing a problem that the glue which keeps the bezel and display together is loosing, when I made a contact with the HP care center, firstly they kept me waiting for 3 days that the issue is under consideration and after 3 days I am told that my laptop has been hit by something due to which this is an accidental damage and cannot be repaired. I wanted to know how it can be an accidental damage and they kept on saying that they have got this revert. I have also attached the screenshot and sent a video which clearly shows that this problem is due to the loosening of glue and not any accidental damage. This company care center is a fraud and are just sitting there to waste people's time and money. I never recommend to buy such products from HP.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I've used 3 different PC'S and HP has been the best for me. I bought The HP Elite book in 2016 and have been using it for internet marketing for over 3 years and I have not experienced any issue. Based on what I have experienced with them, it will be difficult to buy another brand.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

In past 4 months have used only for browsing and today it got DPC_watchdog_voilation stop code blue screen. Worked with Microsoft and HP online support for 8 hours and they tried everything to fix it, even a clean reinstall but still can't get it working. As per Microsoft it's hardware issue. HP is not ready to replace it, they want me mail it over and it could take 9-30 days to fix. HP support is worst, they can't give a temporary replacement even. Please check HP warranty and service center availability before buying HP products.

Hewlett Packard expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

• Best for: HP computers are best for casual users, businesses, gamers and anyone else looking for a PC.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs