HP Computers

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My daughter bought herself a HP notebook 250 G4 Core i5 for her A levels and university course. Right from the start there was a problem with the sound but as it was intermittent, she decided to live with it. Big mistake as HP only replace faulty items if notified within 30 days. Having tried to get the problem fixed we have had the unit sent back to Poland and worked on by two engineers in the UK at on-site visits as well as spending hours on the phone to the Support team. The problem has not been solved and now HP want files and information sending over and are talking about the laptop having to be sent back to Poland again. This is totally unacceptable and I will never purchase a HP product in the future and would advise you not to either. Customer service is very poor and to refuse to replace a faulty product is a disgrace.

HP Envy 750-167c - First, the idiot who designed this DVD reader/writer should be fired! Mounting it vertically instead of horizontally is inviting a dropped and broken DVD. Windows 10 is a bloody disaster! The question is not what is wrong, but what is right about it. Today with a 1 page word docx open, my computer locked up. Even control/alt/delete would not help in escaping, so I pulled the plug. This is only one of about 500 failures experienced so far within 1 year of using this HP PC. Every day I have to reboot to escape/avoid another lockup.

The Microsoft messages boards are full of ANGER over endless problems with Windows 10. I have posted about 20 issues with Windows 10 on this MS website. Now the lawsuits against Microsoft and HP have begun. I damn sure want my revenge too, and am looking for a class action lawsuit to recover damages against my home business.

Tower less than 1 yr old. Crashed in 2 weeks after taking it out of the box. Sent it back. 2 months later yes, crashed again. They sent a flash drive. 4 hrs. later, got it back. Another 5 hrs. to reload it. Then on Sunday 1/08/17, crashed again. 3 times in less than 1 year. Watch for me on Youtube taking my shotgun to it. NEVER AGAIN will I buy an HP product.

I liked my HP Envy 15T when it worked. However, I've had to send it in 3 different times last year with the 3rd two weeks ago. Sad to write, each time I've sent it in, it has been for the Exact Same issue - bubbles in the screen. Being a Career IT Professional myself for the past 17 years, I initially re-imaged the laptop myself in June before sending it in to see if this would resolve the issue and save HP some postage as well as my time without the laptop. Re-imaging didn't resolve the bubbles so, I sent it in to HP detailing exactly what the laptop was experiencing as well as informing them that I also re-imaged the laptop which is what the tech over the initial chat recommended.

Lo and Behold, HP received my laptop, only re-imaged the system and sent it back to me only to experience the bubbles in the screen once again. So, I ended up purchasing a Dell Precision Laptop. Regardless, I attempted to contact HP again regarding the bubbles appearing on the Envy 15T's screen and they ONCE AGAIN, had me send the laptop in to them only to - You Guessed It, re-image and send back to me of which, Did Not Resolve the bubbles in the screen. Unfortunately, I nor my employees will NOT be ordering from HP again since, HP leans heavily on an Albert Einstein script: "Doing the same thing over and over again IS the definition of insanity."

My HP Compaq has not failed me. I had guidance from a friend that knew ins and outs of computer and internet. Only problems now are I tried to get online. It's not allowing. People say too old and new New Computer. Can't afford New one. Besides this Compaq stayed packed away and not used for years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

I am leaving this review to highlight the accuracy and efficiency of the in-store insurance and repair plan. As well as the high level of customer service provided by the staff. My refurbished HP AMD A8 gaming laptop purchased in the store in Orange County California had fan issues two years into the three year plan. They quickly fixed the fan even though there was an issue finding my insurance plan right away. They sorted it out and I was only charged a small co-pay. I got my laptop back and they had also fixed a previously non-functioning camera and speaker at no extra charge. Way to go!

Purchased another HP laptop (shame on me). Second one in three years to stop working. HP phone support was rude and useless. Best he could do was get credit card number to pay for shipping. Still under manufacture warranty. Done with HP everything.

Haven't had any problems as of yet. Like the ease of operation of the the device. This is my third computer. I owned Dell and Acer computers in the past; both gave me problems that required costly repairs after less than a year. So far all is well with my HP desktop computer.

I am having a horrible time with my new HP ENVY Laptop. It cannot stay connected to the internet. I sent the computer in for repair; they kept it 2 months then returned it in the same condition. Now they have sent me a new internet card, but the technician that is supposed to install the part has made no contact. My twin granddaughters each got a small RCA tablet for Xmas. I can connect both of them, my old laptop and the smart tv but when I turn on this new HP ENVY it sucks up all the wireless service and nothing can connect! It's like a black hole sucking up all the internet signal! This laptop is ruining my life. I am 3 months behind on my business books. I want to boot it out into a snow bank but I have $1000.00 investment in it! Don't waste your money on HP! I bought at Costco and they won't back it because 3 months had passed before I noticed what was happening.

I have two HP products in my home. I have an HP all in one and HP laptop. I have had both for about two yrs. For unknown reasons both HP computers will not connect to the internet through wifi or Ethernet. I have tried every fix known to man and the computers will not work. I have other computers that are not HP that are working without a problem. I have also researched and found that thousands of other consumers are having the same problems, if not worse. I will never buy an HP product again.

HP Photosmart C4790 Printer - I've had this printer for several years and I find it unbelievably difficult to install ink cartridges. Customer Support is zero help. Save yourself grief and purchase from another company that makes product customer-friendly.

The Thinkpad is too large and too close to the palm of the hands. It gets bumped numerous times when using the keyboard. Other than the Thinkpad being in the way, the laptop has been a durable product.

HP does the job that I want it to do. It is fast & quick. I would recommend this to my family's, friends about HP Laptop. HP Laptop have a good performance, clear picture, it get the job done. The battery life is longer than I expected.

We use HP products for 17 years. A few years back the products and the service are the worse ever. They let you 30... 40 minutes waiting, when finally you can talk to a technical support agent, he/ she doesn't do much asking the same questions over and over and transfer us from one department to other like playing with you and your time. All calls are sending to India, this is just ridiculous.

HP ENVY ALL-IN-ONE 27-b0xx desktop - HP quality control is slipping badly. I purchased two of these computers on Black Friday. One works; one doesn't. The one that doesn't had "out-of-the-box" problems including: a) microphone not working, b) intermittent ethernet issues, c) bad keyboard. I spent days with 5 different support engineers trying to determine that these were indeed hardware vs software problems. The unit was shipped back. The replacement unit had the same problem with the microphone not working. Cordana couldn't hear anything from the internal microphone UNLESS I connected a headset to the audio port. (Sounds like a misconfiguration issue.) Now I need to return this unit as well. Needless to say, I will NOT be buying HP computers any longer. I've been a customer for 20 years and am amazed at the bad "out-of-box" experience. What a waste of time!

Love my HP laptop. User friendly. Great value. Always great customer support from HP. Lit keyboard is great as I can use my computer in the dark. Also, enjoy the touchscreen and keyboard.

I contacted them and they have not helped me with my problem but referred me to McAfee. HP sold me it. And, they did not look into the problem. Then McAfee scammed me. I am afraid to buy another HP computer laptop since they give you a trial of McAfee on their computers which are the worst people to deal with, and end up referring you to get your computer infected with malware and everything else. I would never buy another HP for that reason. My issues have gone on for almost a year now, unresolved by either company.

I never had any issues yet with the computer and it was the best value for the storage and processor compared to other similar brands. It is easy to operate and the touch screen is awesome. The computer came with an i7 processor and 1TB of storage so the computer is pretty fast, the 27 inch HD touchscreen is amazing and it was easy to set up. The all-in-one desktop makes a neat appearance. The only downside is that the USB ports are on the back and bottom of screen but that is only a minor detail.

The HP computer works well. The support group is out of the US and the people manning the phones so not always understand the question/problem. Also their accents are most of the time, very heavy and difficult to understand. When I ask to be transferred to a person in the US, they only transfer me to another of their group out of the US. HP has made a good laptop computer. I enjoy using it very much. I find the upgrade to Windows 10 has been remarkable easy. I do feel that the support group greatly lacks in the fact that they do not always understand what is being asked and they seem to resent the fact that they have been asked to be transferred to a human in the USA. I resent the fact that I cannot talk to a USA human to resolve the issue in a timely manner. IT is extremely frustrating.

I had this desktop HP Envy 20 all in one computer for little over 2 years. The noisy fan started way before the warranty went out. Two months after the warranty expired the fan really got loud. I did not know that the fan was going to get louder. I called HP and they wanted to replace whatever was wrong for $300.00. The Computer cost about 400.00. What a ripoff. I have worked with HP products for years. I then bought a HP I7 27 inch all in one desktop and had it for two weeks when where you put your dvd movies broke and my dvd disk got stuck. So I had to take it back. HP has become very inferior with their products. I have always spoke highly of HP. This will probably be my last. By the way I did not mention my HP laptop broke where the screws were, because the plastic does not hold up well under heat. I got that fix and it broke again. I think I should get the message don't you?

Excellent durability. It has lasted several years without any loss of function, far above average in functionality. Present HP laptop, without putting further cash into it, has kept up with technology, has adequate speed, and so far has been flawless in service for 7 years.

I purchased the computer a little over a year ago, it is very slow, and I think that maybe something didn't go right when I turned it on for the 1st time. I talked to customer service while I still had a warranty but they could barely speak/understand English. I had to explain the situation many times over and it was never resolved. I think that it would be a good computer if something hadn't went wrong initially. I wish that I could have understood the customer service rep better. Also in fairness to HP I am not super tech savvy. I do own a printer/fax/copier from HP that I love.

I have service with HP support $49.95 and paying him $14.99 per month. The original credit card I gave them I called them the very next month, changed out that credit card and gave them a new number. They have been charging the old number for an entire year which the card belong to my ex-husband who now has hit me with a lawsuit of going into his bank account overdraft fees and lawyer fees. When I spoke to HP support they said, "The card would never be used again". They also said technical support used to handle it but they didn't know what they were doing so now they have a billing department. The technical support person put the number in but kicked it out because I didn't owe them anything and he can only put the number in doing the billing cycle which is the 22nd of the month of which he neglected to tell me because he did not know this.

I now owe you $550 and HP has yet to fix the problem. I spoke to them on December 28th 11 times. The 12th time they gave me a manager who proceeded to tell me to hold on while he investigate the situation and hung the phone up. The issue is still unresolved with HP and I can't get anyone out of 5 numbers they gave me who can handle the situation. The one person in billing told me to call back between the 17th and 22nd of January, 2017 and he would see if he can get the new credit card information in. I asked to cancel and they refused. They are charging someone else's credit card and they won't stop. I asked them for corporate or someone in management that I could speak to. They told me I will have to call Nova Scotia of which they did not have a phone number or an address that they would be able to give the public.

My advice was to call back in January and billing will see if they can get the credit card out and possible cancel contract or put the new credit card in. So today I look like the thief who's been stealing money from my ex. HP admitted to taking the credit card information and the fact that it kicked out of the computer but no one informed me of this but they continue to charge the card. So in effect they were stealing money from someone else's account but no one will take any responsibility or even go any distance to try to help me resolve this matter. I am still stuck with 550+ for something that is totally HP's fault. My rating would be a -5 but since they will only go to a 1 as totally dissatisfied. If this is telling you whether or not to buy HP go with someone else.

HP computers are the best. I did research on computers before I ever bought my first one. I reviewed and liked everything that HP has to offer. Since that time I have never bought anything other than HP. Easy to use and customer service is great. HP is the only brand that I will buy.

I have had this model for two years and for 22 months of that have had to restart the computer each time I use it. Tech support has attempted to help with no success. I have spent hours on blogs and tech sites. A huge disappointment. Do not buy.

HP has been making solid computers for a while and are great for the price. I have not had to call customer service yet. I ordered a HP 15-ay013nr 15.6" Full-HD Laptop (6th Generation Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) with Windows 10 from Amazon about 7 months ago and am happy with the laptop so far. It's fast and has been reliable, hasn't crashed or slowed down. It also comes with McAfee anti-virus that's free for a few months. It's great for just browsing the web or streaming videos but I wouldn't recommend it for any high performance usage like gaming.

I am a computer programmer, and many past times after receiving minor issues - while out of my warranty - they fully assisted me very much (like being a brother). I also wish that other companies are acting like HP. But people internally within HP Technical support fully care extensively about you. They are not robots, and they psychologically care to help you out very extensively - while clearly emphasizing the specified issues causing that problem. Other companies (I feel) are almost like Robots, while never really caring about you in that way instead!!!

Great laptop. I basically needed a simple to use computer for emails and surfing the net, so this one was given to me by my kids and is exactly what I need. I've had my Chrome for quite awhile, use it a few hours every day, and haven't had any problems - cross my fingers. I am elderly and this laptop is the perfect one!

I have owned my HP all in one for 10 years. I' m 61 years old and didn't have any knowledge of computers when I purchased my HP. I have come a long way since then and have never had any problems with my PC yet. I pay my bills on my PC as well as surf the internet and play games. I have installed Windows 10 with ease. It's a good computer. No modem to clutter up desk. Only the keyboard and the screen. Which is easy to view.

Only computer I've ever used. Meets all expectations. Works fairly well for a 9 year old computer even after having a problem diagnosed and paying $100 for the diagnosis (ripoff) only to have a friend getting it working again.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.
  • HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.
  • HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.
  • HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.
  • HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.
  • Best for HP computers are best for casual users, businesses, gamers and anyone else looking for a PC.

Compare Computer Brands