HP Computers

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.30/5

HP Computers Shop on Amazon

HP Computers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HP Computers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: June 18, 2020

My computer is an HP Pavilion 2000 which I purchased in 2014. It's very good and I was able to upgrade from 8.1 Windows to the Windows 10 when it first came out. Unfortunately due to Windows 10 needing so many "holes" and bugs updated and fixed, my computer was having major issues and then a Microsoft Tech brought it to a blue screen while trying to correct issues from a recent update. I was directed to contact HP to see if they could help me restore my computer. HP would not help me without a substantial payment for tech support despite it being a problem due to their cohorts' error.

They also advised me that part of the problem was that HP had chosen to not rewrite the drivers for the HP Pavilion, despite the fact that they were writing new drivers for so many other models that were just as old (happened in 2018). I like HP products but I don't like the way HP treats its customers, especially one that has been doing business with them for over 40 years! This is why I gave them a lower score on their overall rating.

Original review: June 18, 2020

This is the 2nd HP laptop I have purchased not including 2 desktops and 1 laptop for my son. We both love the quality and while the pricing may be higher than some other brands we have never experienced any abnormal issues with the equipment. Only once did I purchase another brand but I kept having problems so I feel you get what you pay for and sometimes paying more will give you peace of mind. While I would prefer to pay less money it is not always the best option especially when you have to keep taking the equipment back for repairs which is a big hassle and inconvenience.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2020

My HP laptop was reasonably priced and is easy to operate. It performs well in all of the functions that I personally need it for. There are times that it seems to run slowly, although I’m not sure whether it’s due to the laptop or my internet connection. My husband owns an Apple iMac that doesn’t seem to have the same issue even though we are on the same internet connection. My hp laptop is good for someone, like me, who uses it for simple things like surfing the internet and email. I highly recommend it for people who don’t depend on their laptop for work.

Original review: June 11, 2020

My favorite computer brand is HP because it's a brand that you can count on. It has lots of products and computers to choose from with different window software. Every HP computer I have owned had no problems with it. HP has a lot if different programs you can purchase with no problems and their prices are reasonable for the brand. If you have any questions or problems you can call them or email them and they will try and help with the problem. I will always own a HP computer and I highly recommend their computers and other products. It's a brand you can definitely trust.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I recently purchased a new HP desktop computer with all the latest and newest features. I found was I was looking for on the HP website. When I purchased it HP gave me a big discount with free shipping to my home and it was delivered within 3 days. When I got it I unpacked everything and I had the entire new HP desktop computer setup within 20 minutes. 2 days later I actually got a phone call from HP asking me if I needed any help or assistance and the person gave me a 24 hour toll free number for support. I am very happy with my new HP desktop computer and it was a pleasure to do business with HP.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

On Oct 30, 2020 I placed an order at HP.com for a new computer after I lost my previous computer in Hurricane Zeta. It took nearly a month before shipping after a delay. Once shipped, it took longer than it should have, after I paid for expedited shipping. Luckily, I received the $9.83 back since the computer clearly was not expedited as I paid. Unfortunately, though, the Fedex driver left my package on the side of my house in the rain rather than on my front covered porch. Upon opening it I noticed there was some moisture on the screen. I immediately contacted HP customer support. I want my computer, however, I paid for brand NEW, undamaged and simply want some type of compensation for this and now all these issues.

I have been going back and forth with a customer service agent named Barbara who has been of no help at all. She first wanted pictures, which I totally get, but it was DAYS later before I got a response and that cardboard fell apart by them. So it was trashed. Now, nearly a week later, she wants photos of the computer screen.... that has already had a chance to dry after I set it in rice. I was also told there would be a 15% restocking fee to return the DAMAGED item they sent.

Again, I am happy to keep it. I need it for work. However, I do request a partial refund because I received a damaged item. Nobody was even home. The shipment said a signature would be required and gave the new delivery date. The conditions they left it out, if you looked up, would show it had been raining literally all day on the day it was delivered. So there was no excuse for Fedex to leave it out as they did. However, I, as the customer who paid $2,457.86 for this computer to be brand new and delivered in perfect condition, should be treated much better than this. Because of Fedex and HP's negligence I should be refunded some of my money back as I do not know what damage that moisture did or will cause any issues long term. Additionally, the customer service has been insulting and a joke to say the least.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I have been having issues regarding your technical support technician who doesn’t know what he is doing even when dealing on a 3 way call with my Telikin Support tech Jordan. Then I email your customer support staff to get ink cartridges because apparently the cartridges that came with the printer does not work and the tech that was helping me did not know what he was doing that even the cartridges that he email me he put the Wrong address and when I got a response to fix the issue he did one of my black cartridge issues with the right address.

Now the tri color cartridge is happening the same with them sending that one to the wrong address and once again I had to emailed them back to correct the mistake they did 3 days times already. If you ask me I think COVID-19 has infected their brain cells because all I’ve been getting from your personal staff is aggravations and negligence and that is my comment and response towards the staff that works for you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I brought HP Laptop just before the outbreak of corona in India as we were informed at work about the whole work from home situation. If there was negative rating I would have given that. I was delivered a defective laptop which started having issues in the first 6 months itself. I ignored those issues. However now it’s been 8months and my laptop has developed battery issues. It’s been 20 days since I am wanting help. However there is no help and assistance. My work has stopped as my laptop is not charging caused me great losses at work. I was told service will be provided in 3-5 business days. It’s 15 business days and I have not received any service of value.

They have simply asked me to wait which is hampering my work and causing me monetary losses. Highly unprofessional and no sense of responsibility towards after sale service. Very lethargic staff at call centre (yawning while talking on call at 12pm) and immensely egoist people. Customers are not valued and treated well. NEVER BUY HP LAPTOP.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

I had purchased an HP laptop and it was under warranty. My laptop screen got a bright spot on the LCD. HP arranged pick up for the laptop and return it without any repair as it had few scratches on laptop and it voids warranty. On top of that, laptop's fan stopped working at HP service center. I end up repairing it outside. I will not laptop from HP ever again and will recommend not to buy for others. HP has very poor customer service.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

In June 2020, I ordered an HP monitor from Amazon for the webcam. After receiving the monitor, I had to buy my own USB cable to get the webcam to work, this took over 2 months to get delivered because of the pandemic. It took me several days to realize the webcam did not work. All I get from HP is the runaround to get this fixed; my case was created in early September to return the monitor; it took them over 2 months to send the box to return the monitor. When I received the box, it was way too small. I requested a new box and they closed my case. OMG. Worst customer service ever. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

Hewlett Packard author review by ConsumerAffairs

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team