HP Computers

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I purchased a HP Computer and out of the box, every process rests at 100% and it is unusable. I contacted support on HP's home site to replace it and with much difficulty say they will repair it and want me to pay. They ask for personal information and credit information which they are not supposed to do. They will not answer any questions or respond to anything I am saying. These people give you cut and paste responses and don't understand anything you're saying over a 2nd grade level or any word over 5 letters long so on top of the fact that they won't help, they can't help. They are trained to ask the same questions you have already answered over and over again to keep the victim going in circles until they give up.

They offered false remedies like returning it to the Home Depot where I got it and then said sorry before disconnecting. I documented the conversation, it is unbelievable. I went to HP forums and attempted to raise this issue there in a thread. A HP Rep (actually spoke English) responded saying that the warranty was free and that support does not ask for information like they did. Then he said that I would be contacted by the appropriate people and asked questions about this. Then I was banned from the site. I made another account and simply messaged some experts about the issue instead of posting a thread and got condescending responses that skimmed over most of what I had said and told me to send in the computer. Then I got banned again. I recommend victims of an HP product create a class action lawsuit and finish off this washed up corporation.

I purchased an HP Notebook from Staples in Albuquerque on 5/19/17 for $525.61. Since that time I have spoken to 9 different people/technicians about problems with the software on the computer (including, but not limited to 6/29/17, 6/30/17, 9/6/17, 9/11/17). I initially spoke to a Staples representative about getting a refund for this brand new computer that did not work properly. He sent me to HP Support since it had been a little over one month since I had purchased the computer. Since that time I have spent an equivalent of more than 3 full work days on the phone, on-line support or otherwise getting assistance from HP for the computer which is still riddled with problems.

The first technician that worked on my computer took control of my computer and went to a non-HP website to download a driver for the sound. After he performed that installation, a driver pop up box persistently appeared on my screen. That program was eventually removed by a different HP technician. The second time I dealt with an HP representative regarding issues with the computer, the representative who had taken control of my computer performed a recovery operation to get back to the factory settings, he said. This was on 6/30/17, a little over one month after purchase.

My understanding is that a recovery operation is avoided at all cost since it is hard on the computer (or for whatever other reason). So less than 2 months after purchase the software was in such poor condition that the HP IT expert felt his only option was to perform a complete system recovery. Apparently, as a computer expert he could not figure out what the problem was. Another technician went to the Microsoft website to download something onto my computer and made me create an account with Microsoft so that he could download a program from their site via the remote control he had of my computer.

Since that time, I have had to contact HP support on 2 additional occasions due to software problems. This last time (9/11/17) the representative did not understand the issue, though I clearly stated the issue (Internet Explorer was not working) and it was the same problem I had dealt with the previous week (at which time the representative set up a password for my computer something I had asked him not to do and it took me hours to figure out how to access my own computer). The representative refused to answer my question regarding who I needed to speak to about getting a refund for the computer.

On 9/12/17 I called 1-888-650-1544 from this website: http://store.hp.com/us/en/cv/returnsandexchanges. It states the following: "Can I exchange or get a replacement? Yes. You can submit a product replacement or exchange request via Chat or call 1-888-650-1544." But when I called the number, I was told by Gat that my warranty with HP is essentially worthless because I purchased the product from Staples in Albuquerque. She said "You have the right to replace or get a refund from Staples as long as it is within their return policy." Staples return policy is 30 days, however the warranty is with HP and not Staples.

Since my software warranty with HP is a 1 year warranty, they are responsible for the product, not Staples. Their own website even claims they are responsible. There are no qualifying statements on any warranty I have or have seen that say the HP warranty is only good for products purchased from an HP store. Ever since I learned how to use a computer, I have purchased HP products and have been happy with them. My experience this time around has been completely different. I also have reason to believe that HP shipped out a refurbished computer to be sold and that I ended up with that computer. In other words, I am not entirely sure that the computer I purchased was new. HP, once a reputable company, is no longer honest or reliable.

The hard drive to my Envy laptop failed after less than seven months. The laptop was sent back to HP along with a data recovery form after several conversations with technicians notifying them if the data could not be recovered and/or transferred let me know before anything was done. I was sent back the laptop with a new hard drive without being contacted when the form clearly states if the problem could not be resolved I'd be contacted. When I spoke with their team, I was told my old hard drive had been disposed of (without my consent). When asked why this was done without my consent, and why no one had contacted me, I got no answers. I have been back and forth and still have been provided no explanation.

Rewind to when the problem initially occurred, I took the computer to Best Buy's Geek Squad which told me they could do a data pull. I also had technicians at my job (I work in an IT office) look at the error codes, and they also assured me that the data could be recovered. However, when I spoke to HP (who also assured me the data would not be lost based on the diagnostic they had me perform), I was told if I had repairs done by anyone else it would void my warranty. Not taking the time to even attempt to recover the data and just do a quick hard drive swap is lazy and poor service, but disposing of their customers hard drive without notification or consent, is negligent and unacceptable. I have since written emails to document requesting my conversation transcripts, and I have received no response after four emails. I have pursued legal counsel.

Purchased a HP pavilion desktop for $1200, work fine for almost 2 months then froze and wouldn't boot back up. Then the nightmare started. The retailer said HP was responsible for the first year so I contacted HP then the nightmare got extremely worse. After six hours of troubleshooting with tech, told me it was a software issue not a hardware issue. So therefore, it wasn't covered under my warranty. I would have to purchase a $70 media kit, did that, received it two days later, call them, plugged it in still didn't work. Five more hours on the phone with techs, now I have to send the computer to them for them to work on it, will not send me a new computer, will not give me a refund for the parts my buy and didn't need.

The whole time, Texar trying to basically insinuate that I did something wrong. Terrible customer service. Will never buy another HP in my life. Wish I would have read some of these reviews before I ever purchased or use my computer for business. I've been without it for four days now and now is no telling when I'll get it back. Had me buy stuff I didn't need and will not give me a refund. Lesson learned. BUYER, BEWARE!!!

HP Spectre 360 15.6 T - Bought this gorgeous laptop in June and it immediately would freeze called customer svc. After a week of being transferred to numerous departments and trying to get them to give me a discount on a new laptop they did 20%, I went to purchase a new Spectre 360 T today and they would not apply the 20% off. Wasted time and energy on a useless company. A computer that cost $2300 should not glitch, freeze and the touch screen not work, the computer would not save my word documents. Very disappointed, told the representative today I am never purchasing from HP ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

HP is a totally unprofessional company. I paid over $1,200 for the HP OMEN Desktop PC - 870-157c... There wasn't a shred of paper with it... such as... Congratulations and Welcome to the World of HP, Quick Start Guide, Basic Manual of how to operate features, as I ordered this with a SSD, advising me how to set up and use the SSD on a continuing basis vs the much larger HDD hard drive... There wasn't even an indication of where to plug-in the display... My display is about 10 yrs old and is fine but has the standard DVI connection to the computer -- but not to this computer... I had to go buy a DVI to HDMI adapter at a local store to make the connection... Of course I was under the gun for timing of projects when I discovered this and had to drop everything and find the store which sells this in a rural area... Why no Quick Start Guide.

The computer was faulty... The optical drive didn't work at all... (that happens) but a quality check after finishing assembly would have shown this. Numerous calls were made to HP technical support from my IT people but any simple fix was unsuccessful... HP technical support said that they would replace the computer... but... HP was to send a box for it (5 day delivery), I was to send in the faulty computer (5 day delivery), they would send a new one (5 day delivery)... I was going nuts as I had timing issues... I couldn't wait another 2 weeks to do what HP wanted so I ordered a new one which arrived in 4 days and returned the faulty computer.

It was no mistake that HP doesn't include a scrap of helpful paper in the box -- instructions, Quick Start Guide, Welcome, etc, etc as there wasn't a scrap of paper in the 2nd box either. The consumer has to know how unprofessional HP is, thoughtless, careless. Because of no instructions, I'm still struggling with placement of files in each storage drive as they were placed in the wrong drive originally (the SSD) which has limited capacity vs the HDD drive. I always used Dell but the HP computer has huge memory, two storage drives for speed, etc that comparable Dell's did not. What a mistake leaving Dell... I'm so disappointed and now behind work schedules... and doubt if HP cares anyway based on the thoughtless experience so far.

Held for over 30 minutes, then talked to a condescending person who was not helpful. He then transferred me to another department, and I was on hold for another 15 minutes. When someone picked up, she got upset that I was talking to the wrong department, and I was told I was going to be transferred to yet another department, but then she hung up on me.

Within 6 months of purchase keyboard stopped working. Either mouse won't work at a moment or keyboard will stop working or either system will be stuck for no reason... Never will buy Hp products again.

Bought a beautiful Envy 34 curve monitor and tried to connect with my Macbook Pro. Unfortunately, the aspect ratio of the monitor appears larger of the retina display and I could not see the programs completely, called HP Tech support to help and after 5 tries where I got disconnected in four of them, people keep me jumping from one department to another I was able to speak with a tech who didn't care at all with my problem and simply told me he could not help me and if I was not satisfied with the product return it... Very professional... Congratulations HP in treating your customers so well!!!

I ordered an HP laptop that was DOA. I sent it back within 3 days fully packaged. I paid by debit card. They have had the laptop for 5 days now and are making me wait 14 more days to process my refund! Horrible customer service! Do not buy here!

Bought an HP ENVY x360 with warranty and technical assistance package, then when I call I get to be on hold for 40+ minutes, when they answer I get rerouted and again I am on hold. After another hour I gave up. Tried again the next and the same thing, I can't believe they would have techs that do this and can get away with it. Horrible customer service!!!

On August 30, 2017, I contacted a representative from Executive Customer Relations in Palo Alto, CA at around 10:00 a.m. This was not a pleasant conversation and the situation seemed to go downhill quickly. We were still basically at an impasse. So, I told her my next step was to file a small claims lawsuit against HP at my local courthouse. The representative basically said is this really what you want to do and if so the technical case will be closed, my damaged computer would be sent back to me unrepaired, and all HP offers to rectify the situation would be pulled from the table. I said yes that’s what I want to do and I agree to these terms. I agreed to this both verbally and in response to a follow-up email I was sent. Then at 2:30 p.m. later that day I received a phone call from the case manager on the technical case. He asked if I’d spoken to customer relations and if so how did it go (he knew I’d talked to them). I said I had and we are going to court. He responded by saying that he just found out that my computer had been damaged back in the repair shop and asked if I would accept a computer sent to me in perfectly working order, not damaged, and 6 months added to the warranty (I made sure I got this in writing via email). WOW! I said yes and that’s all I ever wanted from the very beginning.

Even though my computer has been returned to me in working order I cannot change my initial rating. I should not have had to go thru what I went through to get my 3 month old computer repaired. And my trust level is still very low.

Kevin of Shawnee, KS on

Original Review

I purchased an HP Pavilion All-In-One desktop computer in March of 2017 from CostCo for $1200. Towards the end of June, 2017 the computer would not boot up. I had it just over 3 months. Received a BIOS error and a black screen and could never get to the log on screen. My first attempt to correct was to search HP's website for assistance. It gave me some steps to follow but nothing worked. So, I called CostCo technical service with the hope of getting my money back. Unfortunately I was just over my 90 day window to return the product. Instead, CostCo tech support tried to help fix the issue but to no avail. I was then forwarded to HP Technical support... Here's where the real nightmare started.

After several hours on the phone with no fix in sight they wanted me to restore to the factory settings... So with their help I started the process. It seemed as if it was working but got stuck at 50% and sat there for 4 days at 50% until I killed it. I called HP again and they had me try a few other things. Nothing would work so my case was escalated to the next tech rep. He tried several things and again it looked like things might work... However after 48 hours of no progress I killed it. I called back and he had me try several more things... On the phone for several hours... Finally I said I've had it, I want a new computer or my money back (note because I bought it at CostCo I had a 2 year warranty). He said he couldn't do that but instead I was to send it to HP Tech Support via FedEx and they would repair on-site. I said I didn't want to pay for that... And his response was that all of the shipping responsibility was on them, so I said ok.

They sent me the shipping box and packing materials along with a pre-paid shipping label to ship to HP. I boxed it up per their instructions and shipped it off via FedEx. A few days later I received an email saying my computer was received and would be returned on Monday (this was on a Thursday evening). On Monday I received an email saying my screen was cracked and they couldn't repair it... They basically accused me of breaking the screen and using some ploy to get a new computer from them. I said it was mostly like cracked in route but they wouldn't buy that.

Instead, they said for $500 they would repair the screen and the other issues I was having and return it. I said no thanks and began some very unpleasant exchanges (both phone and email) with the tech rep over a 3 day period. At one point he sent me to his manager who more strongly accused me of breaking the screen and was absolutely worthless to talk to. I told them I absolutely refused to pay the $500 and they could throw the piece of garbage away. As things stand now my computer is still being held for a $500 ransom... Which I'm sure at this point I will not have a working computer. I will never buy another HP product!!!

I sure hope your phone calls are recorded. I have only had HP printers and have had no issues. I bought myself a new one and had some issues. When printer (this has happened a few times) I realized I printed off some pages I did not want. So I clicked cancel print and the page printing was canceled (leaving part of it unfinished). The printer said cancel, then it said printing and started to print off the same document again. I canceled print and the same thing happened over and over. I called customer service (never having a problem with any customer service for any other company).

First, he did not understand what the problem was, understandably I have never heard of this issue. Second, he wanted me to give him remote control of my computer. That means he have control my computer from his computer. Not feeling comfortable with this, I told him. He said this is the only way to see if there is a problem. I said is it to see if I did not install my printer properly? I asked if he could give me directions to check myself and he hung up on me. Very disgusted with your customer service HP.

I've been having freezing up problems with my HP notebook Envy since Mar of 2016, right after a large Windows Update. For a while I tried to fix the problem by finding the similar problems with other users, and applying their fixes. Finally in July 2017 I took the computer to Geek Squad. They confirmed that the computer hardware had no issues at all. They found a solution by rolling back the Intel management driver. Worked for a while. Another windows update, with the freezing problems popping back up. Had it over to Geek Squad four times. They finally said that this is not a problem they can help with.

I called HP today, and got just the same kind of rude lousy service that all the others are complaining about. HP has gone to hell. Since 2000, I have had three towers and now a notebook. I told the customer service rep (who was not in our country) that the reason why I was calling was to see if HP were aware of this problem, and do they have the fix for the freezing issues, that apparently many users are experiencing.

What I got in response was standoffish at best. I said, great customer service starts out with "Mr. John, we are so sorry you're having such a bad experience with an HP notebook." The responses were just the opposite. (I know, it sounds like Trump) So, here I am with an two year old $1100 computer, that not only won't work properly, but is taking all my time to remedy the problem. (Which, I am coming to the conclusion, can't be fixed. AND THE MANUFACTURER HP DOES NOT CARE. I feel so bad about all this. Really a nightmare. Solution? APPLE COMPUTERS!!!

Only months old, laptop had an issue with a hinge that split the case away from the screen. Had to mail in. Told it would be 7 days to complete from time of call. Took 5 days to get the return box! Then nearly 3 weeks to get HP rolling. Multiple calls and emails yielded no information. 4 times gave them new address and yet they mailed to old addy. Case manager did absolutely nothing! I will never buy another HP product. First computer 3 yrs old and quit with no recovery available. HP printer won't print a thing. DONE.

I WAS JUST TYPING A REVIEW AND IT JUST DISAPPEARED!! That's only one of the issues I am having. Computer was purchased in May. Then at the end of July: Mouse pad was uncontrollable. Called HP was on phone with a tech and they did a remote access. Sent computer to HP, 2 weeks later I got computer back on Sat. Aug 12th. Had to call HP tech support back on Sat. Aug 12th. I was hung up on 3 times, and on one of those calls the tech could not speak English.

Then I was told that there wasn't a tech there until Monday, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. A supervisor called me on Monday and they had to do a remote access again. I was finally able to use computer again. Supervisor said I may have to send it back to them so they can check it out. Computer screen opens that I didn't access. Mouse is still acting up and will go where it wants. I want a computer that works, so that I can use it, and yes I have had computers before and I do know how to use them.

HP Flagship 15.6" 15-ay191ms laptop - I received this computer from Amazon on February 21, 2017. From day 1 I have had nothing but problems with it. I have made multiple calls to HP support and also have had online chats with them. The computer freezes, the downloads that work on another computer using the latest version of Windows 10 have errors. When I research the various errors, I have not been able to find any solutions. I have used Quicken for years without an issue. With this computer when I download transactions new accounts are created. My bank and Quicken support have seen these issues with no solutions. I took the computer to Office Depot to do a complete scan and found ransomware, malware and viruses. There were over 300 unwanted programs. They believe this was infected when I received it. I had them clean it up which was costly but my issues are still here.

HP has the worst customer service. Their customer service are techs in the Philippines reading from a script. They appear to have little knowledge and every one of them tried to sell me an additional policy for 3rd party software issues. I feel that they should take this computer and completely analyze it first. This will never happen. I did receive a survey from HP that I filled out and submitted. I rated their service as terrible and the last question was if support tried to sell me additional services. I said yes but felt I had a right to have the computer analyzed first. After fighting with them for the last six months, I give up. I will go to Best Buy and see what they have on Thursday. When Amazon has asked me to answers questions from other customers. I answer them but caution the customer to be careful. I tell them that my experience with HP has been terrible.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I bought this laptop 4 months ago. Going good until the last set of updates. Now my computer crashed saying "error 3fo no hard drive". I sent it to HP to be fixed. I finally found their # after 2 weeks of not hearing from them. They said my computer was missing the hard drive. No I don't think so. Then they accused me of taking it out. Wanting 600.00 to fix. No one will help. The guy in India just accused me. No help. I got a phone call and a email from tech. Saying my laptop is being returned without the hard drive. 1100.00 computer wasted. HP is no help. I never took my computer apart. It's 4 months old. I just wanted it fixed. I read the forums and I'm not the only one this has happened to.

I bought the HP stream laptop. It wasn't working at all so I called customer service. It had been 1 month since I bought it so it was under warranty still but she said they can't help me and even if they fix it now for $50 it will happen again in a couple weeks. She was really rude about it and unprofessional so I requested to speak to a supervisor. She said, "Please hold," and disconnected me. I called back and told the guy that answered what happened and requested a supervisor and he transferred me to a nonworking number. I called a third time and was hung up on again. I returned the computer to Target and bought an Acer because I know they are more professional and this computer has had no issues. I will never buy an HP product again

I purchased a HP laptop and immediately had issues from the start. It froze, typing was incredibly slow and to make matters worse I was never able to get a reply via email. When I called the wait was over 30 minutes long and there was no call back available. There was a website available sent to me from HP however it turned out to be an infected virus and it made matters that much worse. Finally after several weeks I was advised my warranty to return (to Best Buy) was no longer available and therefore had to pay $100. I sent about 20 additional emails and not one was ever returned. The only thing worse than HP product is their customer service.!!! I will never purchase another HP and will work on writing as many poor reviews as possible.

I have a HP Beats Special Edition notebook PC. The F6 key no longer lit up when on mute, since the unit is under a hardware and software warranty I contacted HP support and after several attempts to get the light to work again to no avail they informed me the unit had to have the keyboard replaced. They said that they would send a tech to my house to replace the keyboard but at the time I didn't have the $49+tax to pay for the tech, so the unit was sent into the repair facility Jeffersonville, IN. So HP will pay 3 overnight shipping but will not pay for the tech to do a house call. HP received my PC on 7-13-17 and was suppose to return the PC on 7-20-17. When the PC didn't arrive I contact HP again.

Last Friday I talked to Johnny a Case Manager, he told me that they didn't have the keyboard in stock after having the unit for over a week, so I said have them send the PC back and send a tech to my house to replace the keyboard. Johnny said that I wouldn't be charged for the house call. At this point I had lost all faith in the repair facility and just wanted the PC back. Later Johnny called me back to inform me that there was another problem with the PC, I told him to have them fix the other problem then send it back to have the keyboard replaced. As of yesterday the status of my PC said it was going to be returned last Thursday. Today I checked the status and now it says they are unable to give me any information regarding the status of my PC. My Case Manager Johnny was suppose to call me yesterday (Monday the 24th) at 12:00pm but no call, so I called him at 2:50pm and left a message but he failed to return my call.

I have had zero communication from the repair facility and I am starting the think they lost my PC. Today I called my Case Manager and left another message. Johnny returned the call to see if I had received the replacement keyboard that was mailed to me, I asked him if he listened to my message that I left for him yesterday he replied no he didn't. I told him in the message that I had received the keyboard. He went on to inform me that he still didn't have the return tracking number for the return of the PC AND that the unit was not worked on at all. They had my PC on the bench last Friday here it is Tuesday and they didn't fix the new problem. The PC has been there for almost 2 weeks now and nothing was done to it at all. So my PC is coming back to me in worse shape than when it left. The repair tech is scheduled to be here this Friday 7-28-17 but whether my PC is here to be worked on is another story.

I was so angry with Johnny that I actually hung up on him after he gave me what little information he had. The tech is coming here to replace the keyboard, not to fix the other problem that arose at the repair facility. I am amazed at how this has just snow balled into a huge problem. This is my second horrible experience with HP. Last year when I purchased my hardware and software warranties our account was charged 4 times for 1 purchase by the tech in India. It took a week to get the 3 additional charges refunded back from HP. Bills couldn't be paid and it caused a lot of problems and all we got was an apology. We currently have 3 HP notebooks and a wireless HP printer. I am shocked at the level of service I have received.

You have to ask yourself, if HP provides such great service, why do they hide from their customers. The only information you receive when sending in a PC for repair is that they received the unit and that they have sent it back. In the mean time the customer is left in limbo. My case manager will only tell me what time zone he is in, you don't even get their last name. Meanwhile they know my address, my full name and my phone number. You simply don't get your money's worth which is a shame because HP use to be the best. If you ask for help on their social media sites, they tell you to read HP's Privacy Statement which does nothing but keep you busy for a while, it's just a diversion. If you're thinking about buying an HP, think twice. You will over pay for a defective product and receive the worst service possible.

They spend more time trying to wiggle out of their obligation than they do trying to fix the problem. When contacting their tech support in India you'll learn that you will get a different answer depending on the man you speak with, I have yet spoken with a female tech. Even their case managers can only do so much. The only thing the case managers can do is email the repair facility. I don't understand why any business wouldn't want repeat customers. It's been my experience that HP doesn't care about their customers, only their customer's money and how to get as much of it from them as possible.

When I purchased an HP laptop, (the Spectre 360), from Best Buy, I did not think the laptop would get so hot that it burned my lap. I had the computer for about ten months when I could no longer use it because of the excessive heat. I would use the laptop for 20 minutes, then I would have to turn it off. The temperature would reach over 110 degrees on most occasions. I burned my lap more than four times to the point of leaving red marks. I decided to call the manufacturer and file a complaint. After sending them pictures of the laptop with a thermometer attached to it and a picture of my red skin, they decided to refund my money for the full purchase price. I would have liked to receive more money for all the trouble I went through including the injuries, but this resolution was fair. HP will stand behind their products, so long as it is within the manufacturer's return period.

I was told by the HP Technical Support dept. that if I purchased a monthly service contract that I could have my password reset and obtain continued service for 1 year. I gave my credit card info and was told I would receive confirmation on email. The SALES rep (he said he wasn't official sales but a Tech - which I do not believe to be true) told me he was transferring me to the part of the Tech dept that could help me reset my password & support is avail 24 hrs.

After an hour wait I phoned on another line & was told that they would get a Support Tech on the line. The guy comes on the line and makes some inaudible noise and then the line goes dead. I was disconnected from the other line as well. I have called back several times and the only dept I can s/w is the Sales Dept. I want the charges reversed immediately, I am concerned that the rep that took my credit card information may not be ethical. This is the worst customer service I have received from any tech Co. I believe I have been deceived, esp. since the automated system indicated wait time was 30 min. and I still have not received an email. I waited on the line over 2 hours.

I called the support center a few hours hours after chatting with a customer service associate, about a cracked screen. I spoke with a tech Mac, that told me it'll cost for a repair, since it was conflicting with what customer service said. I was transferred to HP, support center, senior supervisor Daniel, who was one of the rudest people I have ever met. I provided the email address from customer service regarding my concern he 1st stated that was an invalid email address that he couldn't confirm the conversation, I then provided the customer service order he was then confirmed it was valid. I questioned as to why it was invalid but then became valid when I stressed the point that it was an HP tech and once provided that information. He told me he didn't have time to continue the conversation, told me I was being argumentative, he refused to transfer me to someone higher, stating I could call HP CEO. He told me there are no managers higher than him.

After asking for his name and employee ID he transferred me back to Mac who told me I was lucky to have talked to Daniel. I then told him that was unnecessary Mac refused to give me his name stated he won't give me his employee ID because it's his person information. I said fine then asked for the reference/ticket number. He told me I didn't need that, that there was no number. It took me constantly asking before he ignored me for a few minutes then provided the number. The call ended with him hanging up on me. This is the rudest customer service/support center I have ever called. They constantly cut me off, put the call on hold with no notice.

They're the worst support desk I've ever came in contact with, I plan on filing all the complaints I can until this is resolved, addressed something/anything… A friend of mine spoke with a different agent regarding touch pad issue and the woman asked her "why are you waiting my time?" After she was told she'd have to pay for something.

I purchased 2 laptop computers 12 months ago. They told me the computer had 2 years warranty. The battery for one of them is not charging anymore. I called HP and they said that the battery and other items only has 1 year. This is not what I was told when I purchased the computers and it's not what it says on the receipt. This is what I call, misleading the public, this is a big lie. I will never buy anything from HP anymore. This is the bad way of doing business.

Recently purchased HP Pavilion desktop 570-P056. The cd / dvd drive won't autoplay when you put a disc in the drive. It will work randomly when it feels like it. Just did chat with HP and the tech couldn't fix the problem so they referred me to their step 2 technicians who will charge a fee to correct the problem on a new computer. I just spent $900 dollars on this computer and they want me to pay a fee to fix it? Will never purchase an HP again.

Ordered HP Pavilion - 15z Laptop: item was received damaged and software crashed within a year. Sent in once for repair (WAS SENT BACK WITH NO CHANGE AFTER 2 WEEKS!), but issue unresolved. Have documentation of repeated calls and issues. This is the shortened version of an awful story. Don't want to waste another moment of my life on this. Company offered no further service or options. As a side note, up to date antivirus software was maintained and device was transferred with care in case when used for work. Absolute garbage. Only writing this review in hope that what I got out of this horrifying and costly experience is the opportunity to help others avoid this company.

The printer can't get past error messages about ink cartridges being empty. Unless brand new ones are also empty, this printer is dead and there is nothing I can do. It runs a 'diagnostic' for four hours before I unplug it, get the empty message, then it goes into the diagnostic thing. It won't allow me to do anything, even the provided cleaning, realignment, and other troubleshooting. I have had problems with HP printers since I started working in an office. If my employer didn't have a warranty, the unit would go in the trash. However, if there were already the expensive cartridges already stocked, they would be forced to buy another HP product. No problems with computers or other peripherals. Just the cheap and lousy printers with expensive cartridges. Never going this route again.

Our HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 was purchased about March 2017. The set up was easy and WiFi was flawless... until we moved to a new address and changed internet provider. We could not get the connection between the MacBook & the printer to function. The booklet instructions were not complete enough to be helpful if a problem was encountered. Until today when I "googled" complaints, I hadn't been able to find HP's tech support telephone number. After going through Apple, another quality tech support midget, I was connected to someone in India. He had NO intention of speaking clearly or even slowly. He did not want to be bothered. Then I was transferred to DJ who could actually be understood but he didn't know about MacBooks. 3rd person, Maria Aira in Manila, was dreadful to try to work with due to her constant stream of words spewing forth. She didn't want to help but finally she did begrudgingly.

It took an hour & one half to solve the problem because she wouldn't listen to the explanation of the problem. She spoke very fast, mispronouncing most words and became increasingly angry that she wasn't understood. When the problem was solved she wouldn't admit it. She had ink to sell to me. HP will NEVER have me for a customer again. They have outsourced American jobs to people who don't actually want to work. I cannot tolerate this much anger from people receiving money to help HP customers use the HP products they've purchased. Obviously, from reading the complaints of other HP customers, HP products should simply be tossed when a problem occurs unless one enjoys being tortured. Hey, Trump... what about getting these jobs back in America!!!

I purchased an HP Envy 15T-AE000 CTO laptop in September of 2015. At the end of January 2016, the laptop shut down suddenly. The laptop did not power on even with the AC adapter plugged in. I contacted HP service and went through a diagnostic over the phone. They determined that the problem was caused by a defective AC adapter. They sent me a replacement AC adapter, but the laptop still did not power on. I had to send the laptop to HP for service. They replaced a defective network card and replaced the motherboard.

The laptop functioned correctly until May 2017 when it suddenly shut down again. This time, I purchased a new AC adapter which "fixed" the power on problem. It is now July 2017 and the laptop suddenly shut down again - no power. I am going to purchase yet another AC adapter just so that I can power up the laptop and move my data to an external source. I don't plan to use the laptop again after I move my data. It seems that a laptop should function correctly for at least 2 years. Unfortunately, I have not had such luck with the HP Envy. I don't plan to purchase another HP branded laptop in the future because of the hours that I have squandered trying to troubleshoot, talk to HP support and attempt to recover my data (multiple times) from this laptop. I am so frustrated that I would never recommend the HP Envy or any other HP laptop in the future.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.
  • HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.
  • HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.
  • HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.
  • HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.
  • Best for HP computers are best for casual users, businesses, gamers and anyone else looking for a PC.

Compare Computer Brands