HP Computers

3.8/5 (1687 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About HP Computers

HP Computers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HP Computers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: May 19, 2022

I ordered a laptop to use for my online classes. Several days after the expected arrival date I called Fedex and was told that they dropped the laptop. Up to that point I had received no information from Fedex or HP that I would not receive my computer. I contacted HP and told customer service that it was urgent that I receive a computer for the start of my semester on May16. Despite my urgent request I was informed that they would not send another computer until they received the damaged one from Fedex due to their corporate policy. HP is holding a replacement laptop that I have bought and paid for hostage all the while I fall further behind in my schoolwork. Corporate greed at its finest.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I am sure this maybe a good notebook if I had received it. HP took money and 11 days later I have no laptop. Each time I call they tell me that it has been shipped, however Canada post says they have not received a pick up. Only a label was created. They are refusing to refund me, the customer service agent Archie was very rude and do not listen and put me on hold while I was explaining why I want to cancel. They will not connect you to a manager and they are telling me that I will not get my money back for another 15 to 20 days. Had I had know that customer service with hp was this bad I would never of bought from them, now I most likely will not recommend or buy anything that is HP.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2022

HP 17 Laptop purchased Nov 2021 has issue with missing text bits and pieces when reading HTML, PDF and some Word documents. Have spent hours and hours over weeks with Chat, HP Support Assistant, HP Warranty and their SmartFriends Group with no resolution. Now they want me to pay to have the issue resolved. Their foreign based services are extremely hard to understand and dropped phone calls constantly to no avail. To them the problem is not HP's issue.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I couldn't be more discouraged after trying to turn to HP for help in solving a printer issue. Their system took me around in circles. Every tool they have that I downloaded was unable to help. After a long line of things to try, it essentially wanted me to give up. I was finally able to find the means to get a phone number. I called and the phone line DOES NOT WORK. I checked the number I was given four times. I dialed it like a lunatic. It never did anything but connect to a disconnecting click. I am truly at wit's end. I am looking to buy a new laptop for my business, and if nothing else, I definitely know who to NOT buy from! Horrible. Unacceptable. Unbelievable!

Original review: March 19, 2022

I bought a HP Laptop 6 months back for my daughter to attend online classes. The speaker went dead (not working). I then logged a service request and requested them to attend at the earliest. But the service engineer called almost 20 days later, and also told that he will take the laptop for repair which may take almost a week. Defeating the very purpose of buying this laptop. No consideration for customer request. Secondly the warranty for the laptop was also not updated. For which I was asked to log a service request. I did and was told it will be updated in three days. I checked after one month .. It was not updated. Sloppy service by HP India. Never will I recommend the product to any of my friends or known people.

Original review: March 18, 2022

If you're going to sell a laptop with a substandard product that repeatedly is problematic, then have the personnel capacity to fix it. I've made at least six phone calls and can't get support. They tell me to log in and use the online feature - great, but the internet isn't working since the update of Windows 11. I spent hours - HOURS!- With a support person when I first got this computer, and it turned out to be a Windows 11 issue that we had to go around. Now the first upgrade doesn't allow me to connect since...and I've not received support from HP.

Original review: March 18, 2022

We purchased an HP printer 2755 online. We were told we would get 6 months free ink. When we installed the printer, I had to sign up with a credit card for the 6 month trial of free ink. Called them and they told me I could cancel - we'll see. Also, the ink that came with the printer will handle only about 30 pages. I called HP support and was told the ink is only enough to test the printer - that was never clearly stated on any product information. Now I have to wait 8-10 days for my first ink cartridges to arrive - in other words, my printer is inoperable!

Original review: March 10, 2022

I purchased an HP pavilion laptop and after 3 weeks screen began glitching. I called HP customer service yesterday, asked them to exchange. They asked to call back the next day. I called back today and after having a conversation with several different departments for MORE THAN AN HOUR, they suggested sending the laptop back and getting a new one or fixing the old one after a WEEK. I explained that I need my laptop every day and I can't wait a week. I asked for the other options. I was ready to go to the store or warehouse and exchange my laptop there, but there is no option other than leaving me without a computer for a week.

My problem still isn't solved. I am furious and extremely disappointed, but still hoping that they are gonna manage to fix their mistake. P.s. I checked some forums and looks like I am not the only one whose HP laptop is glitching. So they are aware of the problem, but still sending inferior products to their customers! SHAME ON YOU HP!

Original review: March 3, 2022

Raised the ticket for battery replacement as the battery exceeds the warranty period. Horrible support from HP Technical Team. When we don't pick the call they never call back. Even, if you pick their call, they won't respond back on the phone. Suggest not to buy HP laptop. Not deserved even for single *.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

Today I opened my computer and the hinge got stuck on my screen and broke the window and the hinge is coming off. Not only that the battery per review is a dangerous hazard and needs to be replace. Both of these have been noted per my research on the web. It is crazy to put your money in a product that is poorly made. I sent them an email to contact me back and so far I have not heard back from them. You would think that they would contact you about having a battery in the computer that could explode and cash fire. It is crazy. I do not know what is going on here. They put a poorly made product out and the hinge breaks your computer only during normal use. That is crazy. The computer was never dropped and this happens. If I don't hear from them I am contacting the Federal Trade Commission and I am also going to contact my lawyer.

This computer could have burned my house down. The hinge could have come off and broken my foot. It is thoughtless and strange that they would not notify people of this hazardous computer. This should be criminal and they should be prosecuted and arrested. Think about our babies in our homes and children and elderly people etc. They appear to just want to make money. They do not care about the consumer of their defective products potentially killing and disfiguring children in the home and people. If I do not hear back from them by 2/14/2022, I will proceed with contacting the Federal Trade Commission.

Hewlett Packard author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

HP Computers Company Information