HP Computers

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.26/5

HP Computers Shop on Amazon

HP Computers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HP Computers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I have had my HP computer for several years and it had windows 7 installed and the only problem I had with windows 7 was viruses that would cause it to crash or began to run real slow so I downloaded windows 10 and and the only problem since is that windows 10 has a mind of its own. It will do what it wants to do at the strangest times while I am searching the internet. Ads will pop up and cover the whole screen and other ads will pop up for a second or two. But, all and all it has been a good one.

Original review: June 18, 2020

My computer is an HP Pavilion 2000 which I purchased in 2014. It's very good and I was able to upgrade from 8.1 Windows to the Windows 10 when it first came out. Unfortunately due to Windows 10 needing so many "holes" and bugs updated and fixed, my computer was having major issues and then a Microsoft Tech brought it to a blue screen while trying to correct issues from a recent update. I was directed to contact HP to see if they could help me restore my computer. HP would not help me without a substantial payment for tech support despite it being a problem due to their cohorts' error.

They also advised me that part of the problem was that HP had chosen to not rewrite the drivers for the HP Pavilion, despite the fact that they were writing new drivers for so many other models that were just as old (happened in 2018). I like HP products but I don't like the way HP treats its customers, especially one that has been doing business with them for over 40 years! This is why I gave them a lower score on their overall rating.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2020

This is the 2nd HP laptop I have purchased not including 2 desktops and 1 laptop for my son. We both love the quality and while the pricing may be higher than some other brands we have never experienced any abnormal issues with the equipment. Only once did I purchase another brand but I kept having problems so I feel you get what you pay for and sometimes paying more will give you peace of mind. While I would prefer to pay less money it is not always the best option especially when you have to keep taking the equipment back for repairs which is a big hassle and inconvenience.

Original review: June 11, 2020

My favorite computer brand is HP because it's a brand that you can count on. It has lots of products and computers to choose from with different window software. Every HP computer I have owned had no problems with it. HP has a lot if different programs you can purchase with no problems and their prices are reasonable for the brand. If you have any questions or problems you can call them or email them and they will try and help with the problem. I will always own a HP computer and I highly recommend their computers and other products. It's a brand you can definitely trust.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I recently purchased a new HP desktop computer with all the latest and newest features. I found was I was looking for on the HP website. When I purchased it HP gave me a big discount with free shipping to my home and it was delivered within 3 days. When I got it I unpacked everything and I had the entire new HP desktop computer setup within 20 minutes. 2 days later I actually got a phone call from HP asking me if I needed any help or assistance and the person gave me a 24 hour toll free number for support. I am very happy with my new HP desktop computer and it was a pleasure to do business with HP.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I bought an HP Office Jet Pro 6978 in August of 2020. It started acting up before the warranty ended, so I went to HP's website and began chatting with an agent. We started troubleshooting, and he asked me to print a quality report to show the ink damage (I suspected that I had damage to the ink heads and needed a replacement). I did, and was disconnected. Then I attempted to connect with another agent. He spent 3 hours with me, and finally agreed that I needed to have a new printer sent by the company. He sent me a link for the first option they had - which was to have a new printer sent to me, and then they would take my Credit card info, and hold the information with a $1 charge, and when I got the new printer, I would have to send the old one back to the company.

The link didn't seem to be working, but it actually was. I tried to submit my data 6 times - and at one point the agent accessed my computer as well - so he saw my credit information. When I explained to him that the data HAD gone through, that my card had been charged 6 times, he then told me that this wasn't working and that I needed to take option 2 - where I would need to find my own box for the computer, and then send it in myself. I asked him how is this not working if my card was charged 6 times already? Then I disconnected. Worst service I have ever experienced from any company!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

After 2 hours of attempts to call HP, I gave up because their call center kept deferring me to online FAQ Support. This was after 2 hours of online attempts to resolve my HP DeskJet 2562 color printer error not allowing me to print. Even after I replaced both color & BW printer cartridges.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Ok so we ordered this a 27 inch all in one Pavilion but my son upgraded it to the sound of 1500.00. He was promised shipping by Dec 24, as it was a Christmas gift but he was willing to just put the photo in the box and keep what he upgraded to. Dec 24 rolls around and we get an email stating that the item would not ship till Jan 20, 2021.. Ok so we waited that long. Why not just wait the rest of the time, and we did. Jan. 20 comes around and we get yet another email saying shipping on Feb 9. Ok so my son ordered on Dec 3 and they took his money immediately like I said to the tune of 1500.00 so now I lose my mind about it and call them.

When I tell you it took my 3 hours of my precious time to get to the right person and all I got was she would escalate the situation and try to move the shipping. I have to say with all that wait time and stress, they offered no compensation, not even a coupon and their demeanor was very robot like and uncaring. No emotion no condolence nothing to speak about. Pretty much the worst customer service ever.

Ok going, forward I finally receive the computer and it is beautiful.. I go to stand it up and it is on what I am going to describe as a platform or stand that has a bar coming down from the back and then a flat piece that sits on the table top. Well we sit it on my granite desktop and it is wobbling back and forth.. The flat piece on the bottom is not so flat. It is warped and looks like there is no way to just replace the stand. I call back, and long story short I spent 2 hours on the phone once again, ended up to the same escalations person after talking to several others, and her telling me that the ONLY resolution is to send it back and they would A: replace it (it is custom so I would wait another 2 months perhaps). B: send back for a full refund.

Ok I dont know if this is me but my resolution would have been, "Mrs **, just keep what you have till we can get another one out to you and once you receive the new unit ship it back in the box that we send the replacement." But no, they have to have the unit back before any exchange can take place meaning there is a possible wait time of 2 + months. How is that fair to me??

I will never buy another one of their products after this ordeal and I believe we will be sending the item back for full refund and going to another company that will deserve my business as this one could care less about their shortcomings. I have ordered directly through them before and received my item within a week. And customer care was always awesome. I dont really know what happen to this company. And could it have been done on purpose because I complained about the wait time?? Hmm... Who would put that computer into a box and not notice it couldnt stand on its own ?? Pretty fishy I say lol.. Ok Hewlett-Packard you stink anymore.. Customer service is the worst..

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I purchased HP 8022 printer January 2020. Within 3 months I had numerous paper jams. During fall 2020, I was unable to purchase yellow ink because no stores had it in stock (Office Max, Staples, Best Buy, Target nor Walmart). I was told that the ink is a recall item. Here I am with a printer that is less than a year old; therefore, I was forced to sign up with a program through HP called Insta Ink. Now HP has the yellow ink for their program only! Meanwhile I am allowed 50 pages per month with HP Insta Ink. Now during January 2021 my printer warranty expired and I renewed warranty for 2 additional years because I paid almost $200 for this printer. After I purchased the warranty, in January and February 2021, my printer is printing garbage and using up my 50 pages that I am allowed per month.

I called HP today, 2/10/21 to discuss my options. I was on the phone for a total of 4 hours (no kidding) to find out I have to call back on Monday, February 15, 2021 to receive a replacement printer! HP associates, Leads and a Supervisor is giving me a hard time for a replacement printer (I am livid):

1. They wanted to troubleshoot and during this time, I kept receiving paper jams.

2. My printer kept printing obsolete pages and shooting out blank pages as well (I'm only allowed 50 pages/month).

3. One person said 1-2 days to expedite replacement printer, Supervisor said try back on February 15th to request replacement printer again!

4. You have to give credit card information to hold $1 before a replacement printer can be sent; my credit card hold would not update and "they" kept insinuating the error was on my end yet they abbreviated my address and would not update the information to spell out Avenue, Drive or (th) behind my street address. They even kept stating my address must not match my credit card statement address (huh)?

5. Each one kept telling me I had no extended warranty but when I became irate they appeased me by agreeing that I did (which I do because I paid for it with the same credit card)!

To make a long story short, the first associate disconnected my printer, a new printer is not being shipped, I spent 4 hours of the phone with various unprofessional associates who said they were managers but really was not. I have to call back again and will probably spend another 4 hours with incompetent employees to receive what I paid for $200 plus tax printer that did not last 1 year!!!! Unbelievable! Unbelievable!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I bought a Tango printer to replace another HP printer. My first printer was so easy, plug it in, and I was using it within 20 minutes. This Tango printer has been an absolute nightmare. I spent at least 2 hours on my own trying to get it set up and connected to wi-fi and then I finally had to call customer support. After an hour on the phone with them, it finally was able to print. Then I went to scan and it only scans from your phone, which isn't what I was looking for either! Save yourself the trouble and buy something else, even if you want to use your phone to scan, there must be better printers that are easier to set up!

Hewlett Packard author review by ConsumerAffairs

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team