HP Computers

3.9/5 (1886 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About HP Computers

HP Computers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hewlett Packard?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

HP sells junk computers and doesn't honor the warranty.. They ask the customer to reinstall the windows on their own when the Hard Drive does not start. Worst computers and the worst customer service.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

It is unbelievable these companies have the nerve to sell equipment their employees do not even know how to use. I bought a printer for $500 that lasted 3 years. I called into to support to help me with an issue, they ended up having me downgrade my Firmware which fired the printer. Their solution was just to buy another one. Had I taken this to a local repair shop they could have saved it. It says a lot about a company that isn't willing to service their customers and their products only meaning to last a short period of time. I was an idiot and purchased another printer of lesser cost and of course there is a password to link it up to my WiFi, no password in the instructions and no one to help through customer service. This company is literally a joke. I will be returning my second product from them and informing anyone I know of the experience I have had. Nothing is worse than bad customer service. Take care HP, I hope you go bankrupt.

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

Updated on 10/13/2022: I agree with everyone else. If I could give less than one star I would. HP wanted me to do a 2 minute survey. They won't even reply. Not only that, but you can not talk to anyone. Conversations are only by internet. The hinges on the computers are so bad, that HP needs to do a recall on these computers. I purchased replacement hinges and had to use pliers to open the hinges. My computer was only two years old. I did not have a problem with the computer, just the thin plastic casing. And I do mean thin. My previous review can be seen below. I recently purchase a Mac Air M2 and the company is great. You can talk to someone with a heartbeat and they are super nice. Their computers are solid and not made of plastic.

Original Review: I bought a HP LAPTOP two years ago and the plastic is already cracking because the hinges won't give. The laptop has been good with no problems but the quality of the laptop itself is very poor. I went online trying to find the best computer possible and I end up with the worse computer ever. HP wouldn't even give me the part number for the hinges. They wanted me to pay to have the laptop sent to them. I could only imagine what that would have cost. Won't buy HP AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I am so frustrated, I would give ZERO stars if possible. HP has recently released an update on their Officejet 8710 printers that blocks what HP considers 'Older generation' cartridges. Meaning that if you try to use a brand new cartridge that HP considers too old or is out of their warranty the printer will refuse to print or do anything until a newer cartridge is used. I tried to contact HP to correct the issue but they were unable to remove the software update, even after a factory reset and said they couldn't/wouldn't do anything else to help. I was directed to try get my money back from the reseller of the ink, but the reseller advised me it wasn't their fault HP issued this automatic update and I can't get a refund or exchange through them. I am therefore left without a solution and am out of pocket around $150 for all of the ink cartridges.

I have heard HP has issued a similar update that blocks refill cartridges (which is better for the environment) and any cartridges that are not genuine HP. I am beyond furious that despite having a brand new genuine HP ink cartridge it is now completely worthless/useless all because HP decided to do a software update that blocks it and I can't override this or do anything about it. When contacting HP for a solution I was told that my printer has worked for a 'reasonable period of time' and I was requested to upgrade the printer and sent a link to their website to purchase a new printer. It is pretty clear this update has been issued to force customers to purchase new printers and ink.

Nowhere on the box of the ink cartridge or on the advertisement when purchasing the ink is the customer told they MUST use the ink by X date or the ink is useless in the printer. It seems like a breach of contract and a massive slap in the face to HP consumers. And you know what, I probably will throw out my HP printer (down a flight of stairs or of a cliff to ease my anger) and get a new one. But I will never again purchase a HP Printer. Nor will I ever buy another HP product or recommend HP to anyone else. Disgusting practice by HP.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

This computer doesn't work. It’s not been a year. HP will not help me at all. I have computer that I spent money. Can’t used it. HP will not help me. I need to get lawyer and sue HP. The lady at Walmart this computer was junk. She is right. If they would fix it they won’t!!!’

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

If I could give HP laptops zero stars I would. I have had nothing but problems with the laptop I purchased since the beginning. Within a month the touchscreen broke. I had to send the laptop for repairs which left me without a computer for 9 days. As a small business owner, that was completely unacceptable and hurt my company's income. I understand occasionally things break but the process and timeframe for repairs was excessive and unreasonable. I could forgive one issue. But I've experienced TWO MORE ISSUES within 6 months of purchasing the computer. A month ago, the trackpad on the laptop started having issues; only half the trackpad would work. Then the wifi hardware failed on the computer.

I CANNOT continue to go through the process again and again of losing a week+ of ability to work because I have to ship the laptop to HP, have them fix it (which they quote an excessive amount of time for), and then have them ship it back. Don't EVER buy this laptop and after this experience I don't trust that I will ever buy another laptop from HP. This computer is useless and broken and their customer service was completely unhelpful when I tried to get a replacement; I paid top dollar for a new laptop with the custom specs I wanted and they refused to replace the device, they said they could repair it (which leaves me without a device and is impossible for me to do since I run a business that's reliant on my computer) or send me a refurbished model. If I can't trust a new version of this computer, how in the world am I supposed to trust a refurbished version? All in all, I have had a horrible experience. I'm never buying a HP device again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

BEWARE OF HP TELEPHONE BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM!!! I called in to order a laptop on 8/26/2022. The representative who took my order worked out pricing with me to include the laptop, multiport hub, and a 3-year Care Pack. The price was very good, and I was pleased. I asked the man to reconfirm the order, and specifically that the Care Pack was included. He assured me it was. He told me it would show up in the order confirmation email.

I received the email... no Care Pack was included, so I called back in. The next guy tried to sell me lots of things, including the Care Pack that was supposed to have been part of my order. He told me it wasn't part of my order but he could add it for $200. After explaining what happened multiple times, and a few attempts by him to sell me software, printers and ink refill packages, I asked him to escalate to a manager. He agreed, and dumped my call into a hold queue.

After 40 minutes of lousy hold music, and a parallel-but-futile attempt to work through the Chat feature, I was connected to a different frontline sales person who knew nothing of the order! This woman again tried to sell me the Care Pack I had previously purchased, but agreed to connect me to her manager. I asked her to stay on the line while she transferred my call, she said she would... BUT she quickly dumps my call into a technical support queue and disappears. Meanwhile, the Chat person is trying to sell me the entire order all over at a much higher price. By now, I'm curious just how horribly HP would treat me before this sad experience ended. So I hung in there on both Chat and the phone.

The Chat person finally suggests that a manager should review the call to see if the sales person did what I claim he did. I agreed with this, but then she tells me she'll get back with me in 24-48 hours! They took my money quick enough, but now it's going to take 2 days to figure out what the guy committed to selling me??? I think not.

In the meantime, my phone call is still in the technical support queue with bad music and an intermittent message informing me of "longer than usual wait times"... After well over an hour of this hellish run-around, I finally gave up and canceled the order. I have purchased HP computers exclusively for many years, and that loyalty would have continued. However, after the unscrupulous business practices I've experienced in this process, along with the difficulty in getting them to honor the Support Agreement on a previous computer, I doubt I will buy another product from HP. If they treat me this way at the point of sale, how can I believe they'll stand by their commitments later on? Besides, I found a superior machine for much lower cost, and that company was honest and straightforward through the entire buying experience.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

PLEASE CHOOSE A DIFFERENT COMPANY. THE hinge issues HP Laptop 17z-ca000, body started to separate and HP will not stand behind a known defect of this model number. The hinge is mounted to unsupported interior mount of thin plastic. Local repair shop says, "Scrap it to save your money." Don't buy another HP product. Let China keep them. PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR A LAPTOP.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Please stay away from this company. I tried to order some software for my HP Computer and it was a nightmare. First they sold me the wrong software for my application. Took 5 calls about 3 hours of my time to finally get someone to do a return. No easy task. I then proceeded to order the correct software. The only thing they needed to do was email me the web Key to download the software. I specifically asked customer service in the chat room online if I would receive the software key via email right away. They said yes. I have a copy of the conversation because they emailed it to me. 4 hours later and the day is ending I called 3 times, spent another 1 1/12 on the phone, worst automated calling system in the world, to find out when I would receive the email because I had an urgent assignment that needed to be done that night. They told me it could take 24hrs to 48hrs.

I immediately drove to Best buy bought the product, they gave me the web key, went home, downloaded the software and was doing my project. Total time spent 30 min. The next day I called HP to get a refund for the software, I spent another hour, being told they do not take back software. Then I found out they never refunded my other order that they made the mistake on as well.

Long story short after a solid hour finally got approval for my refund. Sadly the story doesn't end their, they then sent me an email and are making me print forms, sign them then scan them and send them back stating under penalty of law I will destroy the email they sent me with the web key's for the software to be returned. So I get to spend more of my valuable time jumping thru more hoops. Time invested almost 7 hours. Worst company in the world. They are in the wrong business and their outsourcing to foreign countries for customer service, makes dealing with them a long and painful process. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company at all costs.

Original review: May 28, 2022

The hinges on the Envy that lets you turn it into a table are attached to the screen by small screws onto a plastic inside the cover. After only 7 months of using the laptop under normal conditions, I noticed the screen separating at the right-hand corner. This was caused by the plastic breaking off the hinge. HP warranty does not cover any type of physical damage regardless if it's caused by poor design on their part.

Hewlett Packard author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Formerly known as the Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, or HP, is a multinational technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Their line of desktop, tablet and laptop computers offer consumers a wide selection of devices to fit any computer need.

• HP Pavilion: The HP Pavilion is the basic model of desktop and laptop PCs for home use. The Pavilion line of laptops offers the same type of performance in a portable computer.

• HP Envy: The HP Envy, a more powerful computer than the Pavilion, is designed to run programs that require more powerful hardware. The Envy is also available as an all-in-one computer and a laptop.

• HP Omen: The HP Omen is the company’s performance line of PCs. The Omen tower desktop is built for power while the Omen X gaming machine is a cube-shaped high-performance PC. HP’s Omen laptop is the company’s portable gaming computer.

• HP Z2 mini: The HP Z is a workstation PC designed to run business applications and maximize productivity. The Z2 Mini is a small workstation in a compact case. HP also offers Z model laptops for businesses.

• HP Sprout Pro: The HP Sprout Pro is a 3-D scanning PC designed for educational and creative purposes. It is an all-in-one PC built to be easy to use, combining 3-D capture and editing tools to keep manageability and workflow accessible.

HP Computers Company Information