1.27/5
Based on 190 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

247 Fry's Electronics Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Upon payment, cashier did not tell us that the items are not returnable/refund, not were there any signs on the floor anywhere stating the items I've purchase were not accepted back as refunds/returned. The customer service/manager did not care whether or not our statements are true, they had quickly turned us away as if we were contagious. I've never had such poor experience in my life. Fry's Electronics is getting worst as the days goes by. I'm very disappointed with Fry's

Electronics and will never buy from them again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Placed an order online for a laptop using a promo code. Original price $349. Price using promo $199. PROMO 150. At checkout, the amount was correct, Nevertheless on delivery receipt showed $369. The amount charged was not even $349. It was $331. If promo was the reason for not going through the price of $349 would have been accessed. Marketed as Refurbished. Confirmed condition of product. I was lied to, the item was an open box item. Not refurbished. I have been requesting for an explanation for the price variance and that's being ignored.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

The store models are highly outdated and you have to go through 2-3 different lines to check out a product. The website is from the early 2000s, there is no accurate inventory of what is in stock. On several occasions I have purchased a product online to pick up in store, only to find out that the store does not have it in stock. The salespeople lack knowledge and are not friendly. I am amaze how this company is still in business.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I made a laptop purchase online and when I decided to return I was told I need to pay for the shipping cost. Anyway the box was so heavy and large that I have to pay $32.75 to return it. I will not buy anything online from this company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I bought an Ultra Mobile SIM card on 11/20/2018. I asked to an agent that SIM will fit in iPhone 8+, he told yes. When I opened the package, I found that it's micro size sim, iPhone 8+ require nano sim. I went to store next day and asked them replace this with nano size sim or cut the sim to nano size, they refused to either replace or cut the sim or refund the money. When I called Ultra Mobile support they told that generally our SIM card comes in all size and store guys should have helped you. Now I have only option left to cut the SIM myself (that have chance of damage) or throw that. I felt really bad the way store manager responded.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fry's?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I purchased a X-Box One S Bundle with Battlefield V online. Part of the reason was they offered free same day delivery. I was supposed to receive a confirmation email within 20 minutes, but never did. 6 hours later, I sent an email stating I never received a confirmation email and it was now 6 hours later. 30 minutes later, I get an email that my order had been canceled.

Contacted the store the next day and was told this was a Black Friday ad that was released early and they wouldn't deliver it, even though it stated right in the ad that there was free delivery. I had to come in the store and pick it up. I told them I still wanted it and asked them if they would hold it for me. Flat out told me no, he couldn't do that. I was flabbergasted at the total disregard for what they advertised and that they wouldn't do anything to take care of me. This isn't the first time I have had a terrible experience with these guys and would warn everybody that this company doesn't stick behind their advertising and could care less what we want.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Purchased a PS4 VR bundle from Fry's online that would be locally delivered same day. 3 hours later received an email saying that they don’t have it in stock. Will take 3-5 business days to refund my money into account. I’m not rich, so I’m out that money and my son is out his birthday gift for 3-5 business days.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I purchased a 75 inch Television at Frys.com for my wife's surprise birthday. The television was locally delivered by a nearby Fry's store. The television was dropped off in our garage. The television was removed from the box and inspected by the driver. The television was never plugged in, but the driver had me sign something and left. Later, when we turned on the TV, a large internal crack that immediately appeared from what I've read was most likely a thermal defect which made the TV unwatchable. I called Frys.com, and said since it was locally delivered I would have to deal with my local Fry's store if I wanted it replaced.

The following is an account of my experience with Fry's: Day 1: Called Frys, told the Store Manager will call you back. Day 2: No one called. Called Frys, told the Store Manager will call you back. Day 3: No one called. Called Frys, told the Store Manager will call you back. Day 4: No one called. DROVE down to Fry's, asked for the Store Manager. Said we will replace your TV, but unfortunately they did not have the same TV in stock, so it may take a few days. Day 5: Received an email ad stating they are having a sale on the SAME TV, SAME MODEL # and it was available at the same store! Since we're not a fan of being lied to, went down to Fry's and they agreed to have someone replace the TV.

Day 6: Driver comes in (same driver who dropped it off!) with new TV. Said needs to inspect old TV. First Takes a bunch of pictures while talking to Store Manager on the phone. Told me there was that although I was in their 30 day return window, there was nothing they can do, but since there was no external damage they can contact the manufacturer "on my behalf." Said they cannot replace the TV and leaves with new TV. "But don't worry. My store manager will call you back in 24 hours." Store manager never called. If anyone wants a 75" broken TV let me know...

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought my Samsung Front Load Set in February 2016. They were installed incorrectly. After several failed attempts discussing the problem with the Department Manager Mr. Austin who said that since so much time had passed he would not be able to correct the installation. On October 25, 2018 the current Store Manager Mr. Dustin made the final decision and sent the Installers back to correct the installation. Thank you Dustin!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Since some time I‘m not happy anymore with the new Fry's store in Goodyear on Litchfield/Camelback. First they took out all the lactose-free products like Activa Joghurt/sour cream/cream cheese, then I had to bring back a cream cheese and the tortellini, because they were bad and today the pumpkin pie spice was out of stock. I asked someone from the staff and he told me there should be 23 more in the back, but when he came back he said there was nothing? Then they won‘t have my frozen peas from the true nature brand.

Funny thing, one of the Starbucks staff came with a little pumpkin spice latte to try... I tried and decided to buy one. I told my pumpkin pie spice story the lady, who worked there (I guess her name was Jerry or Carrie, I wish I would still knew her name, because she was so nice), anyways she gave me a tablespoon of her spice and made my day ❤️. If I would rate the Fry's store, I would give them maybe 2 stars, Starbucks is getting 5 Stars of me.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Bought a 65" Samsung QLED TV from Fry's online, it was delivered by their carriers. After setting it up and turning it on there is a crack in the screen. Called their (non) customer service and they told me I had to put it back in the packaging and bring it back to the store so a manager could look at it. I did so and they said I must have damaged it and they would not stand behind it. No way I damaged it, small claims court is scheduled. I will never purchase from them again. Samsung customer service isn't much better!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I was in the Manhattan Beach Store on Sept. 8th about 10 minutes before they closed. I was looking for a hard case to protect my 12.9 iPad Pro. Not too many people in the store, at that time. But just my luck, there was a couple in the exact area I was interested in. The husband was standing back several feet while his wife was literally tearing boxes open and then either stuffing the cases back in the torn packaging or just dropping the stuff in a pile on the bottom of the shelf (a real pig).

An employee in a red shirt, wearing a headset, actually walked by her when she started her vandalism. He very directly told her not to open packages. She barked back at him that the package she was holding was already opened so it didn’t matter. He shook his head and walked away. I milled around for a few minutes down the aisle about 15 feet. Her husband decided to join his wife's lunacy by trying to pull a case from 3 back in the display. The peg the products were hanging from; detached and all the cases on that peg fell to the floor.

He and his pig of a wife immediately left the aisle with an impressive level of SPEED! At that point the Store had just made the announcement that the Store was closing. I walked over to the mess and reached towards the UAG hard case($80) I intended to buy. Amazingly, the same red shirt wearing employee blazed in from around the corner and started shouting at me and waving his naughty finger. He accused me opening a multitude of packages and then throwing them down in a pile on the floor!

I asked him, "WTF are you talking about?" I didn’t open anything! He shouted, "Yes you did. I saw you!" He told me he was watching me from around the corner and that he knew I was responsible for creating the entire mess... I asked him just what kind of idiot he was? (I never mentioned the couple because he already knew who created the mayhem, so why bother). He just kept shouting at me about what a mess he saw me make! He started shouting for help! He walked away from the aisle 8 while calling for backup. And then suddenly, two young guys about a head taller and each probably 50 pounds heavier, came over and started staring at me while ‘red shirt’ was barking from the next aisle (he smartly stayed around the corner/a very wise decision on his part) about my damaging store merchandise.

I looked these two guys straight in the face and asked why that idiot would try to blame me for something I didn’t do, especially since he knew very well who made the mess? They seemed very upset that he brought them into this drama like they were two dogs sent in to bite an innocent citizen. I felt bad for them. But I sure didn’t feel bad for that idiot. How the store could have an obviously mentally unstable guy working for them is almost beyond my willingness to comprehend? But then again, this ‘is’ Fry’s so why should I be surprised, come to think of it, lol.

I honestly wish that clown could read this post and understand how very fortunate he was that I just didn’t mop the floor with him and his red shirt. As the star of the Taken movie series would say, ‘I have a special set of skills’... Well, I am not any kind of Star and I am not in movies, but I am one of those guys with a special set of skills. Fortunately for him, I have a much better handle on my emotion button than he has. And that saved him from a severe beating and me from most likely a very straightforward explanation about how he won the Pile of Pain prize... I am not saying he represents the entire staff of Fry’s style of behavior. But he no doubt represents how little importance Fry’s puts on how to screen prospective employees. I will never set foot in any Fry’s Store for any reason. Ever.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Good starting PC, not a lot of ventilation but that is fine. I purchased it for my little brother and he loves it. It will be a decent PC after an upgrade of GPU. Really excited to upgrade it and use it more.

Original review: June 27, 2018

6/5, after buying a new PC and desiring video editing capabilities, I went to Fry's and the associate at the appropriate station, after understanding my needs, guided me to a GeForce GTX1050ti card, stating "I think this is what you need." I expressed hesitance as I wasn't sure I needed something that excessive for light video editing and was told (and I quote) "if it doesn't work, bring it back and we'll make sure you get what you need or refund your money". That was the ONLY reason I made the purchase, because I felt protected/guaranteed.

As it turns out, the card did not work for me, or at all. When I tried to return it, I got "store policy is no returns on opened graphics cards". How do you find out if it'll work for you if you don't open it?!? So, at the end of the day, I was misled and now I'm stuck with a $250 loss and a graphics card I have no use for. I was excited that my recent relocation put me near a Fry's Electronics because at my previous job they used them for all computer and peripherals so I thought they'd be a good, solid supply. Now, I know otherwise and will NEVER spend money there again OR recommend anyone in my circles to.

Original review: June 25, 2018

On several occasions in Fry's trying to buy custom components for a computer build, it was difficult to find a service person. So the initial experience was poor. Then one component, a motherboard, appeared defective. No one is empowered to make a decision regarding a fund/exchange. Each person had to pass it to the next highest person. Meanwhile we waited and waited. And the initial person helping us was most concerned about his lunch break. Another of the people who could have assisted us was on his lunch break and there was NO WAY he would ever cut that short! The initial analysis was that they didn't replace defective motherboards, we would just have to buy another one. Very unhappy.

Original review: June 20, 2018

WARNING!!! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM FRY'S ELECTRONICS. DELIVERY SERVICE AND INSTALLATION CANNOT BE TRUSTED. On 6/10/2018, I purchased a 75” LG 75SK8070PUA TV from Fry's in Concord, CA. Fry's set up installation for 6/14/2018 at 6:00 p.m. but never showed but finally called at 10:00 p.m, advising they couldn’t make it. Fry's reschedules for 6/15/2018, arrives, removes the TV from the box and realizes the wall mount bracket will not fit. The technician sets the TV on the stand, places the TV on the floor and reschedules for installation with a bigger wall mount bracket. On 6/16/2018 (the following day), Fry's returns with two technicians to finally install the TV on the wall.

In the process of installing the TV on the wall mount, one of the technicians tells me he can’t lift the TV (his hand is bandaged and asks me to help) and in the process they moved the TV toward the fireplace next to my fireplace utilities. I immediately moved the fireplace utilities out of the way of the TV. I agreed to help the technician by lifting the TV up onto the mount. Once it was mounted, I stepped back to see if it was straight and noticed a small scratch in the screen and brought it to their attention. The technician then calls their supervisor/manager to send out a replacement TV. When he hangs up the phone, I turned the TV on and noticed the scratch is actually a crack in the screen and to the extent in which the screen picture is white in background around the crack.

The technician calls back to tell the supervisor/manager Kaleed that the screen was indeed cracked. At this point, Fry's decided they were not going to replace the TV or refund me for my purchase. Fry's claim is that I was responsible for the crack on the screen due to my mishandling of moving fireplace equipment away from the TV. I am outraged at the installation and customer service provided by FRY'S Electronics.

FRY'S did not inspect the TV prior to delivery to me. The box was sealed and was opened in my home. The TV was not damaged in my care. I paid FRY'S to handle the installation and one of their technicians was unable to work. Fry's refuses to replace the TV. Fry's refuses to reimburse my $2900 for the purchase of the TV. The four year warranty ($500+) does not cover the repair of the TV. Recommendation: Pay the few dollars more and purchase your electronics from Best Buy. You will have a much better customer service and accountability experience. I will never purchase a single item from FRY'S Electronics.

Original review: June 14, 2018

What a horrible experience... With a recent order: The product didn't arrive when stated. Their phone number was busy for an entire morning. A customer service agent was angry and rude (at 9:30 am in the morning). Their website web response form gives "Bad URL" when you click submit. Emails went unanswered. Store wouldn't accept product return. The story is that I ordered a hard drive to back up a relative's computer. It arrived several days after the stated date when she had gone home. My only recourse was to return the product and pay the shipping, which was unfair under all the circumstances of late delivery, website failure, phone/email runaround and the store's refusal to accept. Fry's has a long ways to go to adopt modern technology and customer experience techniques. They've lost my confidence and business for good.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I only got to find out that my order was never shipped in the first place the day that I was supposed to receive the item. I ordered it two weeks in advance, and I never even received a tracking number. I never got an email saying the item was in backorder, and that my order had been canceled. I had to find out what had happened to my item from a phone call. No respect for the customer.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Well my husband had called to see if he could get a more accurate timeline of our delivery of 2 Samsung Smart 4k UHD 1 a 65" & the other a 55" of the same description as the 65". Well they said they had been calling which they did not. When they did call it was coming in as (RESTRICTED CALL). Then they would call and say they were at our property. Because we're in a gated community we have to let visitors in by meeting them at the gate which we did and no delivery truck in sight. They did this 2x.

Then my husband called again and they insisted they called which if they had it would have shown as a missed call. Then they finally get to our property and were attempting to just leave our merchandise at the gate. My husband saw them from our window so he ran downstairs. They said, "Sign here," my husband said, "No you're going to carry them and install them like the salesperson at the time of my purchases of the TV's said you would do." They carried them up our stairs but refused to install them. Our scheduled time for our delivery was 2pm-6pm. They arrived at 6:10pm. Never ever again will we shop at Fry's Electronics again. We spent a lot of money to get treated like this as a consumer. And we paid CASH.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Recently I ordered an installation of a security system with eight cameras THAT I BOUGHT FROM FRY'S and was told that they had to perform a site evaluation of where the cameras should be installed for ninety nine ($99.00) dollars. To actually install the cameras the cost would be additional four hundred and sixty nine ($469.00) dollars for installation. I paid both charges for the installation and scheduled an installation date. The installation date came and went without any contact from Fry's. I contacted Fry's and they rescheduled a second installation date which came and went same as before.

After Fry's acknowledged an error on their part, they scheduled another site evaluation to be followed by the actual installation that is to follow the site evaluation. After the site evaluation nothing was done to keep the planned installation date. AGAIN, I contacted Fry's in an effort to get the installation completed. After Fry's kept the new planned installation date, the technician alerted me that they do not run attic wires, even though they already knew the entirety of the job, but for some reason the technician did not want to run the wires and promptly canceled the whole job.

I am still waiting for my full refund and was advised that the $99.00 for site evaluation was a total loss that I must incur. I was later informed by the Fry's Tech Manager that the $469.00 is to actually plug in and start up the security system. NOT do an actual install of the cameras and the $469.00 installation charges will show up on my credit card within "a couple weeks". Now I have to figure out how to get someone to install the security system that Fry's promised that they could install. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST service EVER!!! If I could give Fry's NO stars service, I would without hesitation.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Ripped off and lied to by Fry's Electronics, San Marcos, Ca. My 93 yr. old mom and son with Aspergers went to Fry's to get my son equipment for computer gaming. They were lied to by salesman in department. He told them box for virtual reality equipment was tapped shut because company used it for quality control... I called right away and told manager that I needed to return equipment because that had to be a lie. He said my mom and son are liars and it was not returnable because it was refurbished... I cannot believe what they did... and to top it off he put me on hold in the middle of a sentence??? What would you do?

Original review: May 14, 2018

Cannot easily find item advertised in paper. After finding it, online indicates "shipping not available", when the ad clearly states "free shipping". Bah, humbug. This is amateur retail at its worst. Forget shopping online at Fry's.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I think FRY'S is well stock and have all the products the shoppers need BUT the employees are incompetent, ill-trained and takes no ownership of the company. I say all the employees because my experience is based on all my visits. So my last visit, I went with the intention of purchasing a Lexmark printer, not many stores carry them. I stood in the store and watch two employees conversate and ignore me and another customer for 15 minutes (no exaggeration), called out for help and interrupted their conversation, so one employee walked to the back of the store and the other proceeded to the middle of the store, for a minute I thought I was a ghost, but then I realize another customer was having the same experience.

I walked to the front of the store and there was still no help, only a guy standing at the door, as I walked past, he said, “Have a nice day”; I explained my ordeal, he said, “Let me call the manager”, who then was walking to the front, I walked towards her, greet her and explained I needed help, she looked at me and said, “I will be over there to help you.” Felt better, walked backed to the printer, she was not behind me or next to me and no employee in the department, (back to square one), so I started watching the time, exactly 4 minutes passed and no help. I walked to the front of the store again, saw her talking to an employee in a red shirt, again, I passed the guy at the door and left, this time he said not a word.

People, please note, this is the norm for this store (Location Duluth GA); somedays they are busy making their commission with one customer, they totally ignore that you are also a commission. Do not waste your time, go to Best Buy or go online. This is a disservice to the word service. These employees just literally stand in the store and know that they must be paid even if FRY's don't make the sale and then they will proceed to the labor board for unemployment when FRY's goes out of business... Training is needed. FRY's please take heed... my visit was 4/17/2018 between 7:20 pm-7:40 pm. Look on your cameras...

Original review: April 8, 2018

Ordered the Samsung washer and dryers from South Houston, TX store on Jan 28 with assurance from salesperson that it will arrive in few weeks since they do not have any in the stock and will be forwarded from another store 7-8 wks delivery, called week 6 and was told, items went on clearance a day after I bought it and they had to pull Dryer from inventory in San Jose store, Washer is ready at Houston store, couple of weeks later, I call and after lengthy on hold I was told, "The dryer is here but they can't locate a washer..." and simply saying, "We will have to refund your money", after 10 weeks waiting... Very unprofessional and dishonest company. I plan on writing BBB and file a complaint, maybe this will invoke a change in their customer service behavior.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I have only one request to Fry's that if they hire an employee they should also spend few dollars to train them. Asked for service three times from Joey (Fry's customer service guy). It took 30 mins for him to find the laptop final price. I had wrote the model (Dell Inspiron 15, 15.6" Touchscreen Laptop With 8GB Memory, Intel Ci7-6700HQ, 1TB Hard Drive + 8GB Cache, Windows 10) on a piece of paper. Anyone can turn on the laptop and find it by using search bar. However, as a customer service at Fry's you need to provide some more details to your customer. I, myself, as a junior college student have more knowledge than all their IT guys. Do yourself a favor. Never trust anyone inside Fry's (Burbank store) because they have no idea what they're talking about. DO NOT BELIEVE THE PROMISES THEY MAKE YOU! Only trust Fry's official website information.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I purchase a laptop from frys.com on Black Friday, I receive the item 3 months later. They said it was a backup order, the laptop didnt work. I couldn't put the windows key, I had to call Fry's, Dell, Microsoft, and everybody was telling me to call the other party. Finally I find the 3rd party who sell the laptop using frys.com, they couldn't work the code either and while we're fixing it the laptop keep going black, so they said they will send another one, I receive the second one on March and exact same thing happen, screen goes dark. I call Fry's. They said it is more than 30 days since they shipped the item and the 3rd company said it's more than 6 months that they sold it, and I haven't been able to use this garbage 10 minute, Fry's should be ashamed of its way of doing business last time they have my money.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was sceptical about this site to begin with. They had the cheapest graphics cards of all the websites and actually had some in stock. My wife Rebecca and I bought a GTX 1070 Aero ITX for $469.99. It said it was in stock and estimated to be delivered on February 5th 2018, so I made the purchase around January 20th 2018 (also note that less than 5 minutes after making the purchase, the amount was already charged to my bank account.

About 2 or 3 days after I purchased the video card, they put it as backordered and erased the estimated arrival date. It also refuses to let me cancel my order because it says that the item has already shipped. I have emailed the company numerous times (I do not currently have a phone to call them) and have only received 1 reply, and all it told me is that the site has run out of stock from the supplier and to call sales to see about replacing with a similar product, none of which are in stock. They aren't replying to any of my other emails and it's still back ordered, despite other websites going back in stock. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FRYS.COM. IF YOU WANT TO BE SCREWED, TRY IT OUT. stick with Newegg.com or OutletPC.com. Stay away from Frys.com.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I Purchased a 65 inch TV. When delivery man dropped it off at my door he slammed it on the floor real hard. He told me not to worry. Well when I plunged it up there is bunch of lines. I tried to call the store. Was on hold for two HRS. No one would direct me what to do. Finally tried to return it or even another one could not help. Asked for a manager. They did not have one. On Friday night left the TV there. They wouldn't give me some kind of received but they wouldn't. Instead they call security on me like if I was criminal.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I was comparing grocery prices with Fry's and another market that I have been receiving home deliveries from for about 4 years. I'm 73 years old with no vehicle. Fry's prices were much better and they carried many more of products that I like. When I tried logging out of Fry's website it wouldn't let me. There was approximately $300.00 dollars worth of items that I had compared to my other website. I didn't want them all; for I was just comparing. Fry's also have other markets that they deal with and some of the products come from them. I called Fry's to ask about the website and also if there was just one truck, or more if some of my groceries came from another market. They put me on hold for at least 35 minutes, so I hung up and called again about an hour later. After waiting another 20 minutes or more a lady answered my call.

She was "very rude" when I asked about the deliveries and when I ask her if they had any sort of tech support to help me with the website. She was absolutely nasty and said; "No." She told me that she was going to send the groceries I had on the Fry's website out to me. I said,"please don't do that, I don't need all of those and was just comparing prices." She was insistent that she was going to send the order to me and in all honesty she was most hateful person I have ever dealt with in all my 74 years. I'm just thankful that she didn't have my debit information.

The market that I have been using for about 4 years may not have everything that I like, but they sure are nice people and the delivery men are so very helpful and kind. I'm sticking with them. Also, they answer the phone right away. Also, Fry's email is a hoax and does not work!!! I wouldn't recommend Fry's to my worst enemy. Maybe this will help someone else... Thank you for letting me rant.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I've never shopped at Fry's brick and mortar store in Dallas on NW Hwy. I needed a HDMI splitter, so I visited this particular store on Sunday, January 7, 2018. When you pick something out, they generate a statement, and then you proceed to the checkout to pay for it. When I got to the checkout, the line was a mile long, and only one single line to check out. No kidding, there were 75-100 people in line in front of me. Is this the checkout in a store, or a line for a ride at Six Flags? Anyway, I left. By the way, tons of employees working in the store, just none of them in them in checkout. Ridiculous! Who wants to stand in line for an hour to buy a stupid little item like this!

Fry's Electronics Company Information