1.28/5

256 Fry's Electronics Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 21, 2019

While in the Seattle area I purchased some items in person from the FRY's Renton, WA. store. Upon turning home I found one of the items I purchased would not power ON. I contacted FRY's customer service only to find that store policy had no provisions to handle in store purchases for exchange/refund other than a customer returning the item to the actual store. Living 300 plus miles away does not make that practical for me.

At that point I was left with an alternative of contacting the Manufacturer for Warranty service. I was very disappointed with Fry's at that time. Unknown to me the Customer Service Person who was unable to help me had referred my problem to Renton Store Manager. Later that same evening (after Store Hours) I received a personal email from the actual Store Manager. After discussing my issue/and their policy. He offered to replace my defective device free of charge. It was shipped to me immediately the next morning via UPS with a Saturday delivery notation. I wanted EVERYONE to know there are Retailers that care about their customers. My experience with Fry's and its Customer Service says they DO CARE.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought my Samsung Front Load Set in February 2016. They were installed incorrectly. After several failed attempts discussing the problem with the Department Manager Mr. Austin who said that since so much time had passed he would not be able to correct the installation. On October 25, 2018 the current Store Manager Mr. Dustin made the final decision and sent the Installers back to correct the installation. Thank you Dustin!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Good starting PC, not a lot of ventilation but that is fine. I purchased it for my little brother and he loves it. It will be a decent PC after an upgrade of GPU. Really excited to upgrade it and use it more.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Ordered over the range microwave online. Next day person from Wilsonville, OR store called me and asking me to cancel order due to open box item and they can’t ship and told me to resubmit order for different store. Second order went to same store and they just cancelled without calling me. When talked to store manager he said no way they can fix web issues due to this chain has no inventory control and he not sure how to contact help desk. Item still showing available as a brand new on the web.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I purchased an "Open Box" Onkyo TX-8020 receiver; price was 119.00, lowered to 112.70 due to open box; then box was missing. I carried receiver out of store in arms...no manual, no box. It was not until I arrived home when I downloaded the manual that I found that the receiver was missing, the remote and the AM antenna loop. Sales"man" did not inform me of such missing items. WHAT A ** joke. He knew they were missing. I returned today for credit to my card. I AM DONE WITH FRY'S ELECTRONICS. BTW, the store is void of customers. They are going out of business. Finally. Good riddance Fry's.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fry's?

Original review: May 5, 2019

On April 7th I bought a pair of very nice Samsung headphones from them online. Headphones came in timely, work great. I then proceed to register them on Samsung's website with all my other Samsung devices and here is the problem. The product I just purchased new should have a 12-month warranty, but according to Samsung, it is only good until December this year. Samsung says to remedy this send us your receipt. I send the receipt but they will not do anything about it since Fry's does not put serial numbers on receipts. I get into it with Frys, they send me in circles for 2 weeks and still refuse to do anything. They just cannot think out of the box.

A month later and still no valid warranty, about 8 calls with Frys and who knows how many emails. 4 calls to Samsung and they are totally useless as well. So Samsung should be stopping Fry's from selling products without valid warranties as far as I see it and or Fry's should put serial numbers on receipts, which to be honest seems totally stupid not to do so. Can you imagine the fraud of people just returning things and since there is no serial number you cannot tell if it was the correct product even? By the way, I have no issues with my product I just want the right warranty period. I paid for 12 months and I want it.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Ordered a new product through Frys.com "local delivery". Received an obviously open box item that was just taped closed. Several missing accessories. When I called, the representative was not helpful at all. Will return the item. Guess they will just sell it again...

Original review: April 23, 2019

Went to upgrade my TV and decided on a TV from Fry's that was on sale. Went to Fry's on 45 in Houston. Showed the sales ad. They said that they had no idea of what the ad was saying and tried to sell me one for a thousand dollars more. I called the Fry's number and they found on 11565 S.W. Fwy, 59 also in Houston. I bought the TV that night online. I verified with a phone call to the store and was told that I could pick it up at any time. When I arrived and provided all the documents, It took them a long time to find the TV. The package looked in good shape with no physical damage.

When I got home and plugged the TV in. It never came on. The red light at the bottom was flashing twice. Waited and flashed twice again. A female voice was saying that TV was starting up then cut off to cycle again. I couldn't get anyone at Fry's till the Monday after Easter. I explained what was happening to the girl and she told me that I had a 30-day money back guarantee. I told her that I did not want my money back and wanted a TV. She talked to her manager who told her that there was no more in stock. She told me to bring the TV in and they would exchange it for a newer model. We loaded the TV up and took it back. Two men from Fry's removed the TV and took it inside.

When I got inside they had already unpacked it and plugged in. The guy at the register said, "Where are all these TVs coming from". There were several more in the returns area already. When I went to look at it it was doing the same thing as the day before and pointed it out to them. The gentleman told me that I would have to wait for the manager and said there was a crack at the top of the screen. I could see no visible signs of a crack or any damage anywhere on the TV and that the discoloration in the top corner was not there the night before. The reason I brought it in was because of the power on cycling and the red light flashing. He said that the manager would have to approve. Was told that it would be a while because he was stuck in traffic. He was coming in from home.

When ** finally arrived he told me without looking at the TV that it had a crack in the screen. He asked me if I picked it up or if it was delivered. Told him I picked it up. He said there was nothing I could do. That I had damaged it while installing it. I asked him how that could be. He said anyone putting their finger on the screen could cause it to crack and was not covered. I said that there was no physical damage anywhere. Not even fingerprints on the screen. All the guards were still in place. Besides the reason I brought it in was the power cycling on and off. There was no discoloration the night before.

He said doesn't matter there is a crack and they will not cover anything and to get my TV out of the store. I asked for his card and told him that I was going to sue him. He did give me his card after he left and returned a while later. He said with the card that I would need to take my TV and leave the store. I told him that I was calling the credit card company and disputing the transaction. He told me once again to get my TV and leave. This time he laughed.

The people with the credit card company told me it would take about 45 days for the dispute to gather all the information I could and to call the police and get a report. Which I did. I was told that they would have an officer on the way. The manager disappeared then I received a phone call from the Houston police. The officer told me this was a civil matter and they would not get involved. I told them that I just needed a credible witness. She was very short and told me that I was breaking the law by buying the TV then not paying for it and could go to jail that I just need to leave and settle it in court.

When I tried to ask a question she hung up. There should at least be a police recording of this. I did leave the store without the TV. I am 68 years old and on Social Security. I could not lift the SAMSUNG QN75Q6FN75 inch TV myself.... VERY VERY PISSED OFF. And I will file a lawsuit. I really believe that this Fry's was losing money on all the returned TVs and if there was damage that they caused it. It was DOA when I got it and had no visible damage even when I returned it. Looking at the receipt I had been given at the bottom it has a clause (GIFT CERT USED. NO REFUNDS).

My advice is to all that read this is to be aware when you buy from Fry's. Heed my warning and read the other complaints against Fry's. They apparently, buy the rejects and year old models to sell them at a discount rate. When there is a problem they will look for any reason not to honor their warranty and you will have just saved them from paying the junkyard to dispose of a product with toxic chemicals. They will even threaten you with the Police. THE FIGHT HAS JUST BEGUN. This was at Fry's store # :29 11565 S.W. Freeway, Houston, TX. Phone number 832 200 3300. Invoice no **. Friday April 19, time 19:11:12. Store manager **.

Original review: April 2, 2019

After the hinge on my Lenovo laptop failed, we took it in to get it fixed. The person at the repairs desk said it would be $350 ($200 more than the actual parts) for the parts, with the next two people providing different prices and then tried to charge me for reassembling the computer which they took apart. When all was said and done, the laptop was returned to me in worse condition than before, with two of the screws on the back plate being stripped, making it exceedingly difficult to repair it by myself.

And the backlight on my LCD display is now non-functional, leaving the screen useless, which is almost invariably as a result of damaging the 30-pin display cable that connects the screen to the motherboard. Overall, the initial prices on the machines themselves were good, but the fact that they would try to knowingly overcharge me leaves me wondering if anyone else ended up being scammed. Once again, I'm not sure if it was just the Palo Alto location, but this was my experience.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

BLU Diva Flip $29.95 w/ $35 Restock Fee - Based on Brokaw Rd. SJ, CA Fry's Associate promise that BLU Diva Flip phone works with any service provider, purchased the unit. Difficulty getting SIM card from provider as it is outdated. Not working so tried to return unit at Fry's but 14/30 days past. Associate at Campbell store stated can look for item in mobile phone dept. to make good the defective unit. Thereafter, associate looked at receipt to state this was sold at Brokaw Store.

Now go to Brokaw store and the same store that promised this mobile phone works with any provider now admits the 14/30 days lapsed but disregarded the situation that customer was a customer for over 20 years. There is no love or customer appreciation. It is disingenuous to request a higher restocking fee for the sales price and ignore customer promise of a working unit. Please have CEO honor the return of this item sold at Fry's based on lost income by customer due to promise by sales associate that BLU Diva Flip works with all service providers.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I ordered this item over the phone on January 27th. Immediately got confirmation email that it will be delivered on February 1, 2019. Nothing arrived on 2/1/19 so I decided to track my order online. The order was never shipped as the item is sold out and is on backorder. The person who took my order knew perfectly well that the item was not available yet promised delivery in 5 days. When I called to complain the representative didn't even bother to apologize. Don't use this company. They are dishonest and unprofessional.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Upon payment, cashier did not tell us that the items are not returnable/refund, not were there any signs on the floor anywhere stating the items I've purchase were not accepted back as refunds/returned. The customer service/manager did not care whether or not our statements are true, they had quickly turned us away as if we were contagious. I've never had such poor experience in my life. Fry's Electronics is getting worst as the days goes by. I'm very disappointed with Fry's

Electronics and will never buy from them again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Placed an order online for a laptop using a promo code. Original price $349. Price using promo $199. PROMO 150. At checkout, the amount was correct, Nevertheless on delivery receipt showed $369. The amount charged was not even $349. It was $331. If promo was the reason for not going through the price of $349 would have been accessed. Marketed as Refurbished. Confirmed condition of product. I was lied to, the item was an open box item. Not refurbished. I have been requesting for an explanation for the price variance and that's being ignored.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

The store models are highly outdated and you have to go through 2-3 different lines to check out a product. The website is from the early 2000s, there is no accurate inventory of what is in stock. On several occasions I have purchased a product online to pick up in store, only to find out that the store does not have it in stock. The salespeople lack knowledge and are not friendly. I am amaze how this company is still in business.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I made a laptop purchase online and when I decided to return I was told I need to pay for the shipping cost. Anyway the box was so heavy and large that I have to pay $32.75 to return it. I will not buy anything online from this company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I bought an Ultra Mobile SIM card on 11/20/2018. I asked to an agent that SIM will fit in iPhone 8+, he told yes. When I opened the package, I found that it's micro size sim, iPhone 8+ require nano sim. I went to store next day and asked them replace this with nano size sim or cut the sim to nano size, they refused to either replace or cut the sim or refund the money. When I called Ultra Mobile support they told that generally our SIM card comes in all size and store guys should have helped you. Now I have only option left to cut the SIM myself (that have chance of damage) or throw that. I felt really bad the way store manager responded.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I purchased a X-Box One S Bundle with Battlefield V online. Part of the reason was they offered free same day delivery. I was supposed to receive a confirmation email within 20 minutes, but never did. 6 hours later, I sent an email stating I never received a confirmation email and it was now 6 hours later. 30 minutes later, I get an email that my order had been canceled.

Contacted the store the next day and was told this was a Black Friday ad that was released early and they wouldn't deliver it, even though it stated right in the ad that there was free delivery. I had to come in the store and pick it up. I told them I still wanted it and asked them if they would hold it for me. Flat out told me no, he couldn't do that. I was flabbergasted at the total disregard for what they advertised and that they wouldn't do anything to take care of me. This isn't the first time I have had a terrible experience with these guys and would warn everybody that this company doesn't stick behind their advertising and could care less what we want.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Purchased a PS4 VR bundle from Fry's online that would be locally delivered same day. 3 hours later received an email saying that they don’t have it in stock. Will take 3-5 business days to refund my money into account. I’m not rich, so I’m out that money and my son is out his birthday gift for 3-5 business days.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I purchased a 75 inch Television at Frys.com for my wife's surprise birthday. The television was locally delivered by a nearby Fry's store. The television was dropped off in our garage. The television was removed from the box and inspected by the driver. The television was never plugged in, but the driver had me sign something and left. Later, when we turned on the TV, a large internal crack that immediately appeared from what I've read was most likely a thermal defect which made the TV unwatchable. I called Frys.com, and said since it was locally delivered I would have to deal with my local Fry's store if I wanted it replaced.

The following is an account of my experience with Fry's: Day 1: Called Frys, told the Store Manager will call you back. Day 2: No one called. Called Frys, told the Store Manager will call you back. Day 3: No one called. Called Frys, told the Store Manager will call you back. Day 4: No one called. DROVE down to Fry's, asked for the Store Manager. Said we will replace your TV, but unfortunately they did not have the same TV in stock, so it may take a few days. Day 5: Received an email ad stating they are having a sale on the SAME TV, SAME MODEL # and it was available at the same store! Since we're not a fan of being lied to, went down to Fry's and they agreed to have someone replace the TV.

Day 6: Driver comes in (same driver who dropped it off!) with new TV. Said needs to inspect old TV. First Takes a bunch of pictures while talking to Store Manager on the phone. Told me there was that although I was in their 30 day return window, there was nothing they can do, but since there was no external damage they can contact the manufacturer "on my behalf." Said they cannot replace the TV and leaves with new TV. "But don't worry. My store manager will call you back in 24 hours." Store manager never called. If anyone wants a 75" broken TV let me know...

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Since some time I‘m not happy anymore with the new Fry's store in Goodyear on Litchfield/Camelback. First they took out all the lactose-free products like Activa Joghurt/sour cream/cream cheese, then I had to bring back a cream cheese and the tortellini, because they were bad and today the pumpkin pie spice was out of stock. I asked someone from the staff and he told me there should be 23 more in the back, but when he came back he said there was nothing? Then they won‘t have my frozen peas from the true nature brand.

Funny thing, one of the Starbucks staff came with a little pumpkin spice latte to try... I tried and decided to buy one. I told my pumpkin pie spice story the lady, who worked there (I guess her name was Jerry or Carrie, I wish I would still knew her name, because she was so nice), anyways she gave me a tablespoon of her spice and made my day ❤️. If I would rate the Fry's store, I would give them maybe 2 stars, Starbucks is getting 5 Stars of me.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Bought a 65" Samsung QLED TV from Fry's online, it was delivered by their carriers. After setting it up and turning it on there is a crack in the screen. Called their (non) customer service and they told me I had to put it back in the packaging and bring it back to the store so a manager could look at it. I did so and they said I must have damaged it and they would not stand behind it. No way I damaged it, small claims court is scheduled. I will never purchase from them again. Samsung customer service isn't much better!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I was in the Manhattan Beach Store on Sept. 8th about 10 minutes before they closed. I was looking for a hard case to protect my 12.9 iPad Pro. Not too many people in the store, at that time. But just my luck, there was a couple in the exact area I was interested in. The husband was standing back several feet while his wife was literally tearing boxes open and then either stuffing the cases back in the torn packaging or just dropping the stuff in a pile on the bottom of the shelf (a real pig).

An employee in a red shirt, wearing a headset, actually walked by her when she started her vandalism. He very directly told her not to open packages. She barked back at him that the package she was holding was already opened so it didn’t matter. He shook his head and walked away. I milled around for a few minutes down the aisle about 15 feet. Her husband decided to join his wife's lunacy by trying to pull a case from 3 back in the display. The peg the products were hanging from; detached and all the cases on that peg fell to the floor.

He and his pig of a wife immediately left the aisle with an impressive level of SPEED! At that point the Store had just made the announcement that the Store was closing. I walked over to the mess and reached towards the UAG hard case($80) I intended to buy. Amazingly, the same red shirt wearing employee blazed in from around the corner and started shouting at me and waving his naughty finger. He accused me opening a multitude of packages and then throwing them down in a pile on the floor!

I asked him, "WTF are you talking about?" I didn’t open anything! He shouted, "Yes you did. I saw you!" He told me he was watching me from around the corner and that he knew I was responsible for creating the entire mess... I asked him just what kind of idiot he was? (I never mentioned the couple because he already knew who created the mayhem, so why bother). He just kept shouting at me about what a mess he saw me make! He started shouting for help! He walked away from the aisle 8 while calling for backup. And then suddenly, two young guys about a head taller and each probably 50 pounds heavier, came over and started staring at me while ‘red shirt’ was barking from the next aisle (he smartly stayed around the corner/a very wise decision on his part) about my damaging store merchandise.

I looked these two guys straight in the face and asked why that idiot would try to blame me for something I didn’t do, especially since he knew very well who made the mess? They seemed very upset that he brought them into this drama like they were two dogs sent in to bite an innocent citizen. I felt bad for them. But I sure didn’t feel bad for that idiot. How the store could have an obviously mentally unstable guy working for them is almost beyond my willingness to comprehend? But then again, this ‘is’ Fry’s so why should I be surprised, come to think of it, lol.

I honestly wish that clown could read this post and understand how very fortunate he was that I just didn’t mop the floor with him and his red shirt. As the star of the Taken movie series would say, ‘I have a special set of skills’... Well, I am not any kind of Star and I am not in movies, but I am one of those guys with a special set of skills. Fortunately for him, I have a much better handle on my emotion button than he has. And that saved him from a severe beating and me from most likely a very straightforward explanation about how he won the Pile of Pain prize... I am not saying he represents the entire staff of Fry’s style of behavior. But he no doubt represents how little importance Fry’s puts on how to screen prospective employees. I will never set foot in any Fry’s Store for any reason. Ever.

Original review: June 27, 2018

6/5, after buying a new PC and desiring video editing capabilities, I went to Fry's and the associate at the appropriate station, after understanding my needs, guided me to a GeForce GTX1050ti card, stating "I think this is what you need." I expressed hesitance as I wasn't sure I needed something that excessive for light video editing and was told (and I quote) "if it doesn't work, bring it back and we'll make sure you get what you need or refund your money". That was the ONLY reason I made the purchase, because I felt protected/guaranteed.

As it turns out, the card did not work for me, or at all. When I tried to return it, I got "store policy is no returns on opened graphics cards". How do you find out if it'll work for you if you don't open it?!? So, at the end of the day, I was misled and now I'm stuck with a $250 loss and a graphics card I have no use for. I was excited that my recent relocation put me near a Fry's Electronics because at my previous job they used them for all computer and peripherals so I thought they'd be a good, solid supply. Now, I know otherwise and will NEVER spend money there again OR recommend anyone in my circles to.

Original review: June 25, 2018

On several occasions in Fry's trying to buy custom components for a computer build, it was difficult to find a service person. So the initial experience was poor. Then one component, a motherboard, appeared defective. No one is empowered to make a decision regarding a fund/exchange. Each person had to pass it to the next highest person. Meanwhile we waited and waited. And the initial person helping us was most concerned about his lunch break. Another of the people who could have assisted us was on his lunch break and there was NO WAY he would ever cut that short! The initial analysis was that they didn't replace defective motherboards, we would just have to buy another one. Very unhappy.

Original review: June 20, 2018

WARNING!!! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM FRY'S ELECTRONICS. DELIVERY SERVICE AND INSTALLATION CANNOT BE TRUSTED. On 6/10/2018, I purchased a 75” LG 75SK8070PUA TV from Fry's in Concord, CA. Fry's set up installation for 6/14/2018 at 6:00 p.m. but never showed but finally called at 10:00 p.m, advising they couldn’t make it. Fry's reschedules for 6/15/2018, arrives, removes the TV from the box and realizes the wall mount bracket will not fit. The technician sets the TV on the stand, places the TV on the floor and reschedules for installation with a bigger wall mount bracket. On 6/16/2018 (the following day), Fry's returns with two technicians to finally install the TV on the wall.

In the process of installing the TV on the wall mount, one of the technicians tells me he can’t lift the TV (his hand is bandaged and asks me to help) and in the process they moved the TV toward the fireplace next to my fireplace utilities. I immediately moved the fireplace utilities out of the way of the TV. I agreed to help the technician by lifting the TV up onto the mount. Once it was mounted, I stepped back to see if it was straight and noticed a small scratch in the screen and brought it to their attention. The technician then calls their supervisor/manager to send out a replacement TV. When he hangs up the phone, I turned the TV on and noticed the scratch is actually a crack in the screen and to the extent in which the screen picture is white in background around the crack.

The technician calls back to tell the supervisor/manager Kaleed that the screen was indeed cracked. At this point, Fry's decided they were not going to replace the TV or refund me for my purchase. Fry's claim is that I was responsible for the crack on the screen due to my mishandling of moving fireplace equipment away from the TV. I am outraged at the installation and customer service provided by FRY'S Electronics.

FRY'S did not inspect the TV prior to delivery to me. The box was sealed and was opened in my home. The TV was not damaged in my care. I paid FRY'S to handle the installation and one of their technicians was unable to work. Fry's refuses to replace the TV. Fry's refuses to reimburse my $2900 for the purchase of the TV. The four year warranty ($500+) does not cover the repair of the TV. Recommendation: Pay the few dollars more and purchase your electronics from Best Buy. You will have a much better customer service and accountability experience. I will never purchase a single item from FRY'S Electronics.

Original review: June 14, 2018

What a horrible experience... With a recent order: The product didn't arrive when stated. Their phone number was busy for an entire morning. A customer service agent was angry and rude (at 9:30 am in the morning). Their website web response form gives "Bad URL" when you click submit. Emails went unanswered. Store wouldn't accept product return. The story is that I ordered a hard drive to back up a relative's computer. It arrived several days after the stated date when she had gone home. My only recourse was to return the product and pay the shipping, which was unfair under all the circumstances of late delivery, website failure, phone/email runaround and the store's refusal to accept. Fry's has a long ways to go to adopt modern technology and customer experience techniques. They've lost my confidence and business for good.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I only got to find out that my order was never shipped in the first place the day that I was supposed to receive the item. I ordered it two weeks in advance, and I never even received a tracking number. I never got an email saying the item was in backorder, and that my order had been canceled. I had to find out what had happened to my item from a phone call. No respect for the customer.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Well my husband had called to see if he could get a more accurate timeline of our delivery of 2 Samsung Smart 4k UHD 1 a 65" & the other a 55" of the same description as the 65". Well they said they had been calling which they did not. When they did call it was coming in as (RESTRICTED CALL). Then they would call and say they were at our property. Because we're in a gated community we have to let visitors in by meeting them at the gate which we did and no delivery truck in sight. They did this 2x.

Then my husband called again and they insisted they called which if they had it would have shown as a missed call. Then they finally get to our property and were attempting to just leave our merchandise at the gate. My husband saw them from our window so he ran downstairs. They said, "Sign here," my husband said, "No you're going to carry them and install them like the salesperson at the time of my purchases of the TV's said you would do." They carried them up our stairs but refused to install them. Our scheduled time for our delivery was 2pm-6pm. They arrived at 6:10pm. Never ever again will we shop at Fry's Electronics again. We spent a lot of money to get treated like this as a consumer. And we paid CASH.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Recently I ordered an installation of a security system with eight cameras THAT I BOUGHT FROM FRY'S and was told that they had to perform a site evaluation of where the cameras should be installed for ninety nine ($99.00) dollars. To actually install the cameras the cost would be additional four hundred and sixty nine ($469.00) dollars for installation. I paid both charges for the installation and scheduled an installation date. The installation date came and went without any contact from Fry's. I contacted Fry's and they rescheduled a second installation date which came and went same as before.

After Fry's acknowledged an error on their part, they scheduled another site evaluation to be followed by the actual installation that is to follow the site evaluation. After the site evaluation nothing was done to keep the planned installation date. AGAIN, I contacted Fry's in an effort to get the installation completed. After Fry's kept the new planned installation date, the technician alerted me that they do not run attic wires, even though they already knew the entirety of the job, but for some reason the technician did not want to run the wires and promptly canceled the whole job.

I am still waiting for my full refund and was advised that the $99.00 for site evaluation was a total loss that I must incur. I was later informed by the Fry's Tech Manager that the $469.00 is to actually plug in and start up the security system. NOT do an actual install of the cameras and the $469.00 installation charges will show up on my credit card within "a couple weeks". Now I have to figure out how to get someone to install the security system that Fry's promised that they could install. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST service EVER!!! If I could give Fry's NO stars service, I would without hesitation.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Ripped off and lied to by Fry's Electronics, San Marcos, Ca. My 93 yr. old mom and son with Aspergers went to Fry's to get my son equipment for computer gaming. They were lied to by salesman in department. He told them box for virtual reality equipment was tapped shut because company used it for quality control... I called right away and told manager that I needed to return equipment because that had to be a lie. He said my mom and son are liars and it was not returnable because it was refurbished... I cannot believe what they did... and to top it off he put me on hold in the middle of a sentence??? What would you do?

Fry's Electronics Company Information