1.15/5
Based on 47 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

234 Fry's Electronics Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 27, 2018

6/5, after buying a new PC and desiring video editing capabilities, I went to Fry's and the associate at the appropriate station, after understanding my needs, guided me to a GeForce GTX1050ti card, stating "I think this is what you need." I expressed hesitance as I wasn't sure I needed something that excessive for light video editing and was told (and I quote) "if it doesn't work, bring it back and we'll make sure you get what you need or refund your money". That was the ONLY reason I made the purchase, because I felt protected/guaranteed.

As it turns out, the card did not work for me, or at all. When I tried to return it, I got "store policy is no returns on opened graphics cards". How do you find out if it'll work for you if you don't open it?!? So, at the end of the day, I was misled and now I'm stuck with a $250 loss and a graphics card I have no use for. I was excited that my recent relocation put me near a Fry's Electronics because at my previous job they used them for all computer and peripherals so I thought they'd be a good, solid supply. Now, I know otherwise and will NEVER spend money there again OR recommend anyone in my circles to.

Original review: June 25, 2018

On several occasions in Fry's trying to buy custom components for a computer build, it was difficult to find a service person. So the initial experience was poor. Then one component, a motherboard, appeared defective. No one is empowered to make a decision regarding a fund/exchange. Each person had to pass it to the next highest person. Meanwhile we waited and waited. And the initial person helping us was most concerned about his lunch break. Another of the people who could have assisted us was on his lunch break and there was NO WAY he would ever cut that short! The initial analysis was that they didn't replace defective motherboards, we would just have to buy another one. Very unhappy.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2018

WARNING!!! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM FRY'S ELECTRONICS. DELIVERY SERVICE AND INSTALLATION CANNOT BE TRUSTED. On 6/10/2018, I purchased a 75” LG 75SK8070PUA TV from Fry's in Concord, CA. Fry's set up installation for 6/14/2018 at 6:00 p.m. but never showed but finally called at 10:00 p.m, advising they couldn’t make it. Fry's reschedules for 6/15/2018, arrives, removes the TV from the box and realizes the wall mount bracket will not fit. The technician sets the TV on the stand, places the TV on the floor and reschedules for installation with a bigger wall mount bracket. On 6/16/2018 (the following day), Fry's returns with two technicians to finally install the TV on the wall.

In the process of installing the TV on the wall mount, one of the technicians tells me he can’t lift the TV (his hand is bandaged and asks me to help) and in the process they moved the TV toward the fireplace next to my fireplace utilities. I immediately moved the fireplace utilities out of the way of the TV. I agreed to help the technician by lifting the TV up onto the mount. Once it was mounted, I stepped back to see if it was straight and noticed a small scratch in the screen and brought it to their attention. The technician then calls their supervisor/manager to send out a replacement TV. When he hangs up the phone, I turned the TV on and noticed the scratch is actually a crack in the screen and to the extent in which the screen picture is white in background around the crack.

The technician calls back to tell the supervisor/manager Kaleed that the screen was indeed cracked. At this point, Fry's decided they were not going to replace the TV or refund me for my purchase. Fry's claim is that I was responsible for the crack on the screen due to my mishandling of moving fireplace equipment away from the TV. I am outraged at the installation and customer service provided by FRY'S Electronics.

FRY'S did not inspect the TV prior to delivery to me. The box was sealed and was opened in my home. The TV was not damaged in my care. I paid FRY'S to handle the installation and one of their technicians was unable to work. Fry's refuses to replace the TV. Fry's refuses to reimburse my $2900 for the purchase of the TV. The four year warranty ($500+) does not cover the repair of the TV. Recommendation: Pay the few dollars more and purchase your electronics from Best Buy. You will have a much better customer service and accountability experience. I will never purchase a single item from FRY'S Electronics.

Original review: June 14, 2018

What a horrible experience... With a recent order: The product didn't arrive when stated. Their phone number was busy for an entire morning. A customer service agent was angry and rude (at 9:30 am in the morning). Their website web response form gives "Bad URL" when you click submit. Emails went unanswered. Store wouldn't accept product return. The story is that I ordered a hard drive to back up a relative's computer. It arrived several days after the stated date when she had gone home. My only recourse was to return the product and pay the shipping, which was unfair under all the circumstances of late delivery, website failure, phone/email runaround and the store's refusal to accept. Fry's has a long ways to go to adopt modern technology and customer experience techniques. They've lost my confidence and business for good.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I only got to find out that my order was never shipped in the first place the day that I was supposed to receive the item. I ordered it two weeks in advance, and I never even received a tracking number. I never got an email saying the item was in backorder, and that my order had been canceled. I had to find out what had happened to my item from a phone call. No respect for the customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fry's?

Original review: June 7, 2018

Well my husband had called to see if he could get a more accurate timeline of our delivery of 2 Samsung Smart 4k UHD 1 a 65" & the other a 55" of the same description as the 65". Well they said they had been calling which they did not. When they did call it was coming in as (RESTRICTED CALL). Then they would call and say they were at our property. Because we're in a gated community we have to let visitors in by meeting them at the gate which we did and no delivery truck in sight. They did this 2x.

Then my husband called again and they insisted they called which if they had it would have shown as a missed call. Then they finally get to our property and were attempting to just leave our merchandise at the gate. My husband saw them from our window so he ran downstairs. They said, "Sign here," my husband said, "No you're going to carry them and install them like the salesperson at the time of my purchases of the TV's said you would do." They carried them up our stairs but refused to install them. Our scheduled time for our delivery was 2pm-6pm. They arrived at 6:10pm. Never ever again will we shop at Fry's Electronics again. We spent a lot of money to get treated like this as a consumer. And we paid CASH.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Recently I ordered an installation of a security system with eight cameras THAT I BOUGHT FROM FRY'S and was told that they had to perform a site evaluation of where the cameras should be installed for ninety nine ($99.00) dollars. To actually install the cameras the cost would be additional four hundred and sixty nine ($469.00) dollars for installation. I paid both charges for the installation and scheduled an installation date. The installation date came and went without any contact from Fry's. I contacted Fry's and they rescheduled a second installation date which came and went same as before.

After Fry's acknowledged an error on their part, they scheduled another site evaluation to be followed by the actual installation that is to follow the site evaluation. After the site evaluation nothing was done to keep the planned installation date. AGAIN, I contacted Fry's in an effort to get the installation completed. After Fry's kept the new planned installation date, the technician alerted me that they do not run attic wires, even though they already knew the entirety of the job, but for some reason the technician did not want to run the wires and promptly canceled the whole job.

I am still waiting for my full refund and was advised that the $99.00 for site evaluation was a total loss that I must incur. I was later informed by the Fry's Tech Manager that the $469.00 is to actually plug in and start up the security system. NOT do an actual install of the cameras and the $469.00 installation charges will show up on my credit card within "a couple weeks". Now I have to figure out how to get someone to install the security system that Fry's promised that they could install. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST service EVER!!! If I could give Fry's NO stars service, I would without hesitation.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Ripped off and lied to by Fry's Electronics, San Marcos, Ca. My 93 yr. old mom and son with Aspergers went to Fry's to get my son equipment for computer gaming. They were lied to by salesman in department. He told them box for virtual reality equipment was tapped shut because company used it for quality control... I called right away and told manager that I needed to return equipment because that had to be a lie. He said my mom and son are liars and it was not returnable because it was refurbished... I cannot believe what they did... and to top it off he put me on hold in the middle of a sentence??? What would you do?

Original review: May 14, 2018

Cannot easily find item advertised in paper. After finding it, online indicates "shipping not available", when the ad clearly states "free shipping". Bah, humbug. This is amateur retail at its worst. Forget shopping online at Fry's.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I think FRY'S is well stock and have all the products the shoppers need BUT the employees are incompetent, ill-trained and takes no ownership of the company. I say all the employees because my experience is based on all my visits. So my last visit, I went with the intention of purchasing a Lexmark printer, not many stores carry them. I stood in the store and watch two employees conversate and ignore me and another customer for 15 minutes (no exaggeration), called out for help and interrupted their conversation, so one employee walked to the back of the store and the other proceeded to the middle of the store, for a minute I thought I was a ghost, but then I realize another customer was having the same experience.

I walked to the front of the store and there was still no help, only a guy standing at the door, as I walked past, he said, “Have a nice day”; I explained my ordeal, he said, “Let me call the manager”, who then was walking to the front, I walked towards her, greet her and explained I needed help, she looked at me and said, “I will be over there to help you.” Felt better, walked backed to the printer, she was not behind me or next to me and no employee in the department, (back to square one), so I started watching the time, exactly 4 minutes passed and no help. I walked to the front of the store again, saw her talking to an employee in a red shirt, again, I passed the guy at the door and left, this time he said not a word.

People, please note, this is the norm for this store (Location Duluth GA); somedays they are busy making their commission with one customer, they totally ignore that you are also a commission. Do not waste your time, go to Best Buy or go online. This is a disservice to the word service. These employees just literally stand in the store and know that they must be paid even if FRY's don't make the sale and then they will proceed to the labor board for unemployment when FRY's goes out of business... Training is needed. FRY's please take heed... my visit was 4/17/2018 between 7:20 pm-7:40 pm. Look on your cameras...

Original review: April 8, 2018

Ordered the Samsung washer and dryers from South Houston, TX store on Jan 28 with assurance from salesperson that it will arrive in few weeks since they do not have any in the stock and will be forwarded from another store 7-8 wks delivery, called week 6 and was told, items went on clearance a day after I bought it and they had to pull Dryer from inventory in San Jose store, Washer is ready at Houston store, couple of weeks later, I call and after lengthy on hold I was told, "The dryer is here but they can't locate a washer..." and simply saying, "We will have to refund your money", after 10 weeks waiting... Very unprofessional and dishonest company. I plan on writing BBB and file a complaint, maybe this will invoke a change in their customer service behavior.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I have only one request to Fry's that if they hire an employee they should also spend few dollars to train them. Asked for service three times from Joey (Fry's customer service guy). It took 30 mins for him to find the laptop final price. I had wrote the model (Dell Inspiron 15, 15.6" Touchscreen Laptop With 8GB Memory, Intel Ci7-6700HQ, 1TB Hard Drive + 8GB Cache, Windows 10) on a piece of paper. Anyone can turn on the laptop and find it by using search bar. However, as a customer service at Fry's you need to provide some more details to your customer. I, myself, as a junior college student have more knowledge than all their IT guys. Do yourself a favor. Never trust anyone inside Fry's (Burbank store) because they have no idea what they're talking about. DO NOT BELIEVE THE PROMISES THEY MAKE YOU! Only trust Fry's official website information.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I purchase a laptop from frys.com on Black Friday, I receive the item 3 months later. They said it was a backup order, the laptop didnt work. I couldn't put the windows key, I had to call Fry's, Dell, Microsoft, and everybody was telling me to call the other party. Finally I find the 3rd party who sell the laptop using frys.com, they couldn't work the code either and while we're fixing it the laptop keep going black, so they said they will send another one, I receive the second one on March and exact same thing happen, screen goes dark. I call Fry's. They said it is more than 30 days since they shipped the item and the 3rd company said it's more than 6 months that they sold it, and I haven't been able to use this garbage 10 minute, Fry's should be ashamed of its way of doing business last time they have my money.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was sceptical about this site to begin with. They had the cheapest graphics cards of all the websites and actually had some in stock. My wife Rebecca and I bought a GTX 1070 Aero ITX for $469.99. It said it was in stock and estimated to be delivered on February 5th 2018, so I made the purchase around January 20th 2018 (also note that less than 5 minutes after making the purchase, the amount was already charged to my bank account.

About 2 or 3 days after I purchased the video card, they put it as backordered and erased the estimated arrival date. It also refuses to let me cancel my order because it says that the item has already shipped. I have emailed the company numerous times (I do not currently have a phone to call them) and have only received 1 reply, and all it told me is that the site has run out of stock from the supplier and to call sales to see about replacing with a similar product, none of which are in stock. They aren't replying to any of my other emails and it's still back ordered, despite other websites going back in stock. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FRYS.COM. IF YOU WANT TO BE SCREWED, TRY IT OUT. stick with Newegg.com or OutletPC.com. Stay away from Frys.com.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I Purchased a 65 inch TV. When delivery man dropped it off at my door he slammed it on the floor real hard. He told me not to worry. Well when I plunged it up there is bunch of lines. I tried to call the store. Was on hold for two HRS. No one would direct me what to do. Finally tried to return it or even another one could not help. Asked for a manager. They did not have one. On Friday night left the TV there. They wouldn't give me some kind of received but they wouldn't. Instead they call security on me like if I was criminal.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I was comparing grocery prices with Fry's and another market that I have been receiving home deliveries from for about 4 years. I'm 73 years old with no vehicle. Fry's prices were much better and they carried many more of products that I like. When I tried logging out of Fry's website it wouldn't let me. There was approximately $300.00 dollars worth of items that I had compared to my other website. I didn't want them all; for I was just comparing. Fry's also have other markets that they deal with and some of the products come from them. I called Fry's to ask about the website and also if there was just one truck, or more if some of my groceries came from another market. They put me on hold for at least 35 minutes, so I hung up and called again about an hour later. After waiting another 20 minutes or more a lady answered my call.

She was "very rude" when I asked about the deliveries and when I ask her if they had any sort of tech support to help me with the website. She was absolutely nasty and said; "No." She told me that she was going to send the groceries I had on the Fry's website out to me. I said,"please don't do that, I don't need all of those and was just comparing prices." She was insistent that she was going to send the order to me and in all honesty she was most hateful person I have ever dealt with in all my 74 years. I'm just thankful that she didn't have my debit information.

The market that I have been using for about 4 years may not have everything that I like, but they sure are nice people and the delivery men are so very helpful and kind. I'm sticking with them. Also, they answer the phone right away. Also, Fry's email is a hoax and does not work!!! I wouldn't recommend Fry's to my worst enemy. Maybe this will help someone else... Thank you for letting me rant.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I've never shopped at Fry's brick and mortar store in Dallas on NW Hwy. I needed a HDMI splitter, so I visited this particular store on Sunday, January 7, 2018. When you pick something out, they generate a statement, and then you proceed to the checkout to pay for it. When I got to the checkout, the line was a mile long, and only one single line to check out. No kidding, there were 75-100 people in line in front of me. Is this the checkout in a store, or a line for a ride at Six Flags? Anyway, I left. By the way, tons of employees working in the store, just none of them in them in checkout. Ridiculous! Who wants to stand in line for an hour to buy a stupid little item like this!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Purchased MSI Gaming G Series computer 12/9/17 for $699.99 and was convinced to buy extended warranty for $209.99 because Fry's indicated they will replace it if ANY problems. Took Brand new still in the sealed box computer home. Opened it and the bottom of the computer was cracked by the vent. Attempted to Open the lid of the computer and a piece of plastic between the lid (screen) and body of computer was not properly aligned. This made it hard to open. But we needed to use it before leaving out of town on Christmas break. Took the computer in original box with receipts and warranties to Fry's on 1/7/18 and again on 1/8/18. They refused to do anything about it even though the damage was already there. Fry's does not honor their extended warranties. And now I am out $970.18

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I saw something on Frys.com I wanted to purchase. I have called the number listed on their website 5 times, each time holding over 30 minutes before hanging up. Today, it said estimated hold time, 4 minutes. 32 minutes later, I hung up. I had 2 simple questions. So I went back to the site where it says Email us. I write a detailed email to them, about my experience, the product I was interested, and a list of my 3 questions. I click "SEND" and I get a message, something about unworking URL or link, or some such BS- email destroyed, undelivered. However, I AM supplied a link to go back and shop at Frys.com. What a horrid experience. The only reason I am banging my head against the wall is that they are the only online retailer carrying this item that I am interested in. What a JOKE.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Fry's accepted an order noting it was in stock on 11/24/2017, the Arlo Security System - 3 Wire-Free HD Camera, Indoor/Outdoor and Night Vision. Fry's sent an email confirming the order, and charged my credit card. I received a 2nd email 12/22/2017 noting the product was on back order and they would let me know when it came in from the supplier. I searched for the product online at Fry's and found they had it in their Dallas/Ft Worth stores - 3 stores in total. I replied to the email from "Tommy" with this information and did not receive a response.

Today, 1/5/2018, I called Fry's customer service, they told me they cannot take product from a store and send it to me, they had to wait for the supplier to send the product to them because in-store product is different than in warehouse product... at this point I am confused. I was charged for this product the day I ordered it - it processed through my bank on 11/27/2017. Fry's has it in stock at a store 3 hours away and they refuse to send it to me. This is not good customer service.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Ordered and paid for a Bitdefender software digital download 25 hours ago. Got a message that I would receive an email with the download information. Have not heard anything. This morning the order status disappeared from my online account purchase history. Twice spent almost 30 minutes on hold to talk to someone - they would check on it and get it moving. Still nothing. Will not buy from Fry's Electronics again. Customer service, communication, and the marketplace experience is so much better at Best Buy and Amazon.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Didn't want to give even 1 star. If I could give a -1 star I would. Ordered the wireless headphones as a Christmas gift and they never would even charge much less turn on. Called customer service to do return or something and they will not do anything unless I have the original box they came in, even though I had receipt. Kid tore open the box and it was trashed cause we thought with them being new out the box that they would work. I'm kicking myself because I didn't read any of the reviews on this or I never would have ordered them. Don't waste your time or money!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I purchased a Samsung 4 channel security camera system at Fry's in Anaheim. The installation was too big of a job for a DIY guy like me, so I took it back to the store for a refund, still in the box unopened. The girl in the returns dept. that attended to me gave me a dirty look, I think they are trained to treat customers negatively when returning anything (Why offer a no questions return policy then). To get to the point, after waiting 20 mins for her to get someone from the department that the cameras belong, to verify the contents. She finally processed the return. I used my bank debit card so the crediting of my account should be quick, it's been 5 days and still no credit. When I made the purchase, they took the funds out the same day so, shouldn't it be the same when crediting back? I don't think I can trust anything this business says or does. What happened to Fry's? They use to be such a cool store.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Bought something online, but I don't need it anymore. If I return item to store, I will only receive store credit. (Seriously, Fry's?!?! So desperate for customers that you have to hold their money hostage to guarantee their future business?) If I want a full refund, I have to pay to ship the item back to Fry's. So, I follow their five-step return procedure and try to obtain their required RA#. Called customer service. Recording stated a 14 minute hold time. After holding 25+ minutes with no response, I hung up. E-mailed customer service for RA# two days ago; still no response. Great customer service, Fry's! No wonder some of these brick and mortar stores are going out of business.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017 Last time I have checked My order it shows it'll be delivered in 20 minutes (arriving time) then ten minutes later it shows it been canceled??? Two time in row

I've called customer service and after a day on phone no one seems to know whats going on. Just keep transferring you... They have no knowledge, very slow and they are not attending to help you??? I have been ordering from them since 2007. NOT ANYMORE. THAT'S IT. Never ever buy from them. It's wasting time.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I have been trying to purchase an item online, that IS NOT available in store, since last night. After 2 attempts and it saying that there was a problem with my credit card I called my credit card company who checked and double checked and said it was open to purchase without any restriction, so while I kept them on the line I tried to repurchase 2 more times and both attempts failed as the other two prior, the agent told me that it was an error on Fry's end and that I should call them directly. So I called... the automated voice told me that my hold time was approximately 10 min... 35 min later I hung up and tried again. Hold time approximately 14 min, I waited 15 min and hung up again and gave up until today. I tried once more to order online but to no avail - always the same error. So, frustrated as I was I attempted for my third and final try - approximately 11 min. hold time was fortunately only 23 minutes!

Then when I spoke to Mike/Micheal he basically (to sum up) told me that he could try to put the order through but being a special order the estimated date for delivery is January 5th but that basically it was all depending upon the manufacturer and that though it says estimated delivery date of January 5th, it could take 2 months or however long it takes the manufacturer to get the item to them... so ETA is unknown. Frankly if their estimated delivery dates are anything like their estimated hold times, I'll probably get it by January 2019! No thank you. Obviously I chose not to order with them. Take caution and much consideration when deciding to purchase online with them, and if it says special order - don't hold your breath!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Ordered item on Black Friday special. I thought I would try Fry's even though other companies offered same price. Arrival date by Dec 7th. Product did not arrive. Called Fry's Dec 9th. Customer Service said it was backordered and for me to call back in a few days??? Called 5 days later and still backordered. Never no emails from Fry's with updates during the 3-4 week waiting period. Still no contact with status updates to this day. Now it is December 19th and called again - same response. I found the product at Best Buy same price. Today I ordered the Best Buy product and it will be delivered December 21st with Free Shipping. Cancelled Fry's order. NEVER NEVER NEVER will shop at Fry's again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I went there to purchase a wireless speaker surround sound speaker. I looked in the area for about five minutes, before a rep approached me to see if I needed assistance. He hadn't been with me for 15 seconds, before another rep, I'm assuming was his supervisor, interrupted him in mid-sentence, told him to help another gentleman, because he had been waiting for help. Without another word to me, the rep just walked away. I asked, "So you're gonna just walk away?"

I got no response. I was left standing there pissed off and disrespected. MIND YOU... I WAS THE ONLY PATRON IN THAT AREA AT THE TIME! When I said something to the supervisor about how rude and disrespectful that was; his response was even more disrespectful. He told me, "You can waited until he finishes with that customer". Feeling even more pissed off, I just walked away, to prevent an altercation that was definitely about to occur. I don't think I will ever attempt to shop there again!!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I ordered a computer mid-tower and paid $30. The item arrived apparently safe. I did not see any damage on the box, however, the case was broken. It was a defective item. I tried to return and got an RMA. But since I did not find the item was damaged within 48 hours after the delivery, they said they would not cover the return shipping. It was obvious to me the item was not damaged during the transportation and I explained that, but they did not agree to pay the shipping. I found the return shipping will cost $30. So it does not make sense to ship it back and I ended up with a damaged case.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I am a new customer at Frys.com and I had made 3 orders all of which are in backordered state. There has been no communication from their side regarding the status and expected arrival date even after initial dates are missed. I understand from reviews that theirs is a reputed business, but the way these are handled are not professional in my opinion... Their Customer service doesn't respond over email and phone.

Fry's Electronics Company Information

Fry's
www.frys.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business