2.42/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

631 Epson Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Software installation issues; Paper jams; Limited printing options; Ink supply depletes unreasonably fast; Horrible customer service (more than 4 hours of troubleshooting with Epson reps and NO resolution. I purchased this printer directly from Epson.com. The trouble occurred (and I contacted Epson) within the 30 day post-purchase time frame, yet they refuse to allow me to return it. A rep actually offered to replace a printer cartridge to resolve the paper jam problem and another rep offered to go through cleaning the nozzles for a printer software installation problem-REALLY EPSON?!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Purchased an Epson ET4550 July 2016. We were willing to pay more for the machine so we didn't have to replace expensive ink cartridges every few months. Lasted two years - only printing 1900 pages - and will not print color. Epson customer service stated it was a hardware issue and refused to offer assistance except a discount on a new printer from their website and emailing printer repair places in my area (that were over an hour away). They would honor a two year extended warranty only if I could send them an original Epson email sent when I registered the product. Not an original receipt, that I have, but their email. I do not save emails for two years. Then they stated that wouldn't matter anyway because the machine malfunctioned 2 weeks after any extended warranty would have been effect. Poor customer service, poorly made expensive product. More toxic materials headed to the trash. Do not buy.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I have put a lot of time into maintaining this product. It is two years old and is not used very often, but is always unable to print in color. After multiple replacements of ink cartridges, I am unable to print anything in color. The pages have streaks down them so I am unable to use them. After spending hundreds on this printer and ink, I am never buying an Epson product again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We bought two of these for our non-profit back in June. Worst experience ever. The WF-2750 stopped working within two weeks of purchase. Consistently says that the black ink cartridge has been depleted. I replaced it (even though the new one had only been installed within days) and the new one doesn't register so for weeks we haven't been able to use that printer. With regard to the WF-3640. Same issue. Doesn't read the ink cartridges and these are all Epson brand cartridges. In addition to that, I keep getting a message to please close the scanner unit. I've done everything but break it from closing it so hard and so many times. Worst purchase ever.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

At a price of over $200, this is the worst choice for a scanner/printer "all-in-one" wireless device. Our old Epson scanner (over 15 years old) is now obsolete, so I purchased this new Epson wireless all-in-one from Walmart and have been extremely disappointed in its performance for any of its uses, including scanning, printing and its poor wireless connectivity. Not only does the wireless feature rarely work (so I find myself trying to print a document with a USB cable running from the Epson to the laptop I'm dangerously balancing in one hand), the scanner often crashes on our new desktop, and the printer has only worked for the first set of photos we printed when we first purchased this unit.

When the ink ran out we replaced it with Epson ink cartridges and it has never printed anything except poor quality "test" pages or blank pages since. Epson was my favorite scanner up till now, and as far as a printer goes, I'm sorry I ever swayed from my favorite HP for my printing needs. Poor quality all the way around. Signed, Former service tech for a large corporation in Los Angeles.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Epson?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Epson SureColor P800 is a wide format inkjet printer to professional. A user also able to print from Photoshop. Quality of printers page is good and setup was easy. If you are interested to get more information about the printer so you can easily find us at **.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

After counter of printed pages reaches some number, printer (XP-820) locks itself with a message "ink pad reached the end of lifetime". They brazenly advise you to buy another one. Can you imagine your car stopped in the midst of a highway telling you that you have to buy another car? I am looking to file class action.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I had bought an Epson SureColor 400 as a backup printer but hadn't needed it for a while. After a bit over a year I opened the box to use it and nothing worked. No help from Epson because of when I bought it even though it was obviously never used! They were very polite in telling me I was just out of luck and should pay to get it fixed because "it's a nice printer". Well I tried and ended up spending a couple more hundred dollars for nothing from their recommended certified repair facility! NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: July 12, 2018

WARNING. BUYER BEWARE!!!! I was given a Epson Printer as a gift, worst gift ever due to the fact it never worked. For over an hour it kept getting a paper jam because the paper (standard 8/11 white printing paper) would not feed pass the first feed tray. However, I could manually feed paper through with the printer open, but of course that means I couldn't print. So I called tech support and John said that since I had followed all the steps for fixing a paper jam, including watching a video of someone do it, that he needed to check the warranty. Since it was a gift, of course it was out of warranty and of course there was no convenient service location.

BIGGEST PROBLEM I EVER HAD WITH A PRINTER WAS TRYING TO UNINSTALL THE EPSON PRINTER AND DRIVER. It took me another hour and half during different thing to I personally discovered that the printer had to be turned and plugged into my laptop for Epson to be uninstalled. Now tech support should have told me this over the phone when we discussed that I needed to get a new printer. I should not have had to search for the answer on my own. This is why I stay with HP and DELL, easy setup and removal if needed.

Yes, I understand all printers have programs, but not all printer problems take 2 1/2 hours to fix. The home business printer was harder to fix and remove from the computers than any other printer company that I have used. So if you choose to spend your dollars and coins on Epson you have been be forewarned that their tech support is bad and don't forget to keep everything on before you uninstall or it won't be done. If printer problem is no power, I guess you will out of luck get it uninstalled.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I would not recommend buying Epson brand printers. If you read reviews they are always clogged and will not print a particular color. I’m currently experiencing problems printing black. You would think as much as this brand cost you wouldn’t have a issue. Better off buying a cheap printer and replacing it. Epson cost too much for what you have to deal with!!

Original review: June 19, 2018

Selling a product without the key to unlock after the warranty expires. Same as selling an automobile without the keys, operates until it reaches the out of warranty time locking the owner out being subjected to take to one of its service places holding the keys. Failure for the owner to repair his own purchased property (Printer ET2550). The law has already been argued and ruled, is mandatory to make parts available to consumer for 10 years after a major product is no longer produced. Epson has broken the law, including lemon law. Has to refund the cost.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Epson 820 cartridges - forced replacement: I was looking for the simplest desktop printer I could find as I use the printer very infrequently. Set up was reasonable verging towards difficult. What infuriated me was that after several months it declared that the cartridges were empty, which of course they weren't. Having replaced them and used very occasionally in the course of the next few months the printer then threw up an error (0x81 if I remember correctly). This led me down a path of various website scams and attempts to update the software. Eventually discovered it was just a paper jam! Why on earth couldn't they say that?

Print quality was lousy so went through the setup process, cleaned heads etc. Print quality improved somewhat and It reported ink cartridges fine. I reseated them anyway. Guess what?!? It is now telling me again that I should replace the cartridges and refuses to proceed. I am absolutely infuriated with the time I have spent trying to use this product over the past year. I will NEVER buy another Epson product as long as I live!

Original review: June 11, 2018

O man where to begin? Well is you already know all printers have problems. All printers are very special at that where you always have to call customer service. But here is the problem with Epson. They have hire a bunch of sassy girls that feel that they are better than you have they will treat you that way. I have call 12 time at this point for one little problem that it can be solve really easily, but guess what? These girls turn this little problem in to a huge problem and you waste like 1 hour doing a bunch stuff and guess what, your problem was never fix, and why you may ask well at this point is everyone else and one thing they always make sure is that you feel dumb and you tell them things like maybe the problem is x or y but they remind you that you are dumb and they are the expert and you are just a person, well two hours later guess what the problem was. It was (x). I have been saying that for two hours but they don't listen. Worst customer service ever.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Besides being the very loudest printer (2750 Series) I've ever owned, I absolutely am disgusted by a copy/machine that holds your print jobs hostage because a unnecessary color cartridge is empty. Here I am 11:00 PM with a morning deadline and unable to print a B&W copy I need because the printer wants a magenta color cartridge. Buying a new printer and it won't be because this printer broke and it won't be an Epson.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I bought Epson wf 3640 June last year from Target, paid cash and did not keep the receipt. Now less than a year printer stopped working and Epson would not take a responsibility and I lost $300 buying this junk. I did some research and many people having the same problem especially with error code 97. Be aware of this company when you need a printer.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I don't like it when the Epson printer runs out of a color ink and it won't let you print, even if only in black and white, but the black ink is fine.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I recently purchased Epson XP-830 to replace a previous Epson printer. I sincerely love the printer. I appreciate the fact that it uses separate ink cartridges for each color. Copies are sharp and color photos are outstanding. I have used several brands of printers, but feel Epson provides the best quality.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Epson is difficult to operate. Had to reinstall drivers download the icon unplug & restart computer many times. Complicated unless you use the machine every day. Not user friendly.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The Epson ink cartridges are costly and even if you only print black and white, you still need the color cartridges or else it won't print right. That's the downfall.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The color isn't very defined... Plus it runs out of ink too often. Would not recommend you purchase a Epson printer. The ink is hard to find also. I like Canon much better.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've owned several other brands from HP to Canon, the Epson 525 is my favorite. The ink has grown higher than when I first purchased my unit, but it will work well with generic/refill inks so I still rate it high as an all-in-one.

Original review: May 31, 2018

This printer is easy to set up and to print from your PC using Wi-Fi. I have had this printer for a while and have had no problems with it. The only drawback may be that the printer heads need cleaning a lot but this is easy to do.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have had most other brand of printers, and found that Epson by far is the best printer brand. Epson lasts the longest, is very easy to use, and is just better than the others.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I got Epson because it has a separate film tray. It was also very easy to set up. The ink is cheap and it’s dependable as well. My only complaint is that it's slow.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My model is the Epson Workforce. I've had it for about 4 years. It’s inexpensive, good quality printing, very reliable. My only complaint though is the replacement cartridges are pretty expensive.

Original review: May 30, 2018

So far, the Epson WF-3640 works great. Good quality, prints fast and the document feeder is very useful. However, it uses up ink fast and always need to buy refills that are not cheap.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Have 3 Epson printer, fax, scanner combos. Reliable, great quality, and when I need customer service they are great. If they can't fix it (only has happen once in 5 years) they replace it. The Epsons are easy to use and cartridges easy to install.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I like the Epson printer but the cost of ink is outrageous. No matter where you get it, it is almost 50.00, that is crazy. Also, it is easily jammed even when there is no paper. I enjoy the printers, but after they break they're worth nothing. You cannot even recycle the thing, it sits in the landfills.

Original review: May 28, 2018

The Epson printer I bought to replace my old one. I chose it because of the reasonable price but I found it to be more than what I expected. It is very easy to use... puts out quality printing and is an excellent printer for its price. Overall the best I've ever had. It also includes Wi-Fi which I always use now from my android phone. Very convenient for me.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Have had 2 Epson in the last 7 years & the only reason I got another one is that the older is out of date for the times... I buy the OEM ink off of eBay for quite a bit less than the original. Works on Android/Chrome/Anything Google can Scan to Cloud/Print from email. Lots & lots of options, always works great. The old one is in the closet still working as a backup.

Epson Company Information