1.10/5

648 Epson Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 14, 2019

Epson not only shafted its customers with exorbitantly priced inks, we now have a problem with our ink pad. We have an xp365 printer which we have had for some time, and the only complaint until now is the cost of the inks. Now we have a sign up saying end of life of printer ink pad. According to Epson they can replace this for £118. We have found an Epson dealer who has replaced it for £30, and there were several others locally who would do it for the same price. Where do these printer manufacturers get off charging so much.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I paid $33.00 for extended use black ink cartridge, instructions say you must install immediately after removing the old. It took less than 5 minutes to install the new but it doesn't print anything. Yet the monitor shows that it is installed and full of ink. A lousy product and I am so sorry I purchased the Workforce 2750 -- what a wasted of money.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I bought the XP-434 series printer over a year ago. I really wanted just a black and white printer but it was on sale, why not. I printed less than 20 pages when the black ink cartridge was depleted. I figured it was a factory cartridge, nice of them to include ink so no big deal. I bought a black cartridge. Even though I only use black ink in my printing, I printed less than ten pages and the yellow cartridge was empty, it was from the factory. The printer will not allow you to do anything until you replace the ink cartridge, not even scan to the computer. It stays on the need ink section until you fulfill its demands. A little upset since I just purchased black, I then purchased yellow.

Everything in order, a few pages later the black is empty again. I'm upset now. I decided to purchase the four pack and regardless of the amount they contained I placed all four cartridges in at the same time. All new, all installed at the same time, perfect. I printed 12 pages of test results, 6 of which were less than 1/4 of the page. 3 patterns of the outline of birds in various sizes, two outlines of circles with 32 numbers, in small print, a little skeleton pattern, an outline of a little birdhouse pattern and three colored pictures a 4x6, a 3x5, and a wallet size. I'm out of black ink. So do yourself a favor. Do not buy Epson printers as the ink doesn't last. It cost me near $40 for the four cartridges which I purchased on the 16th of February, that's ten days of usage, less than 35 printed pages. Imagine how many photos it prints out, no doubt only 5.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Printer is good but cost of ink is unacceptable. Avoid! Avoid! And shop wisely when buying your next printer. I'm off to read reviews to help me decide which printer to buy. Listen to the people! I will base my decision not on initial cost of printer but after costs i.e. ink, quality and CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

My saga started about three years ago when I bought the predecessor to the WF4730. It didn't work properly from the beginning. I returned it to Best Buy and got the same model thinking the issues with the first purchase were just a fluke. I was wrong. The first issue was with the hard drive. With the second printer, there were lines in the color photos I printed. After spending an hour on the phone with Customer Service it was decided that, because it was still under warranty, they would send me a new printer and I would return the old one. Awesome. New one came, sent old one back. New one worked for about two months then the same lines-in-photos issue popped up. More time with Customer Service. They were unable to resolve the problem but because I was still under warranty, a new printer was sent, old one returned.

At this point, I am now on printer number four. Unbelievably, the same issue returned. This time, I told Customer Service I didn't want the same model. They sent me the updated model which was the WF4730. The new printer arrived and worked well for several months. I was encouraged...but not for long. It stopped scanning. Scanned like a champ one day; next day, not so much. I called Customer Service, now on speed dial on my phone, and explained the situation to the rep. His solution was that I take the printer to the closest Epson repair shop about 25 miles from my home and I would be responsible for the cost of the repairs. I asked about the warranty. He informed me the warranty had expired. The three years was up. I explained that the printer I was currently having problems with was nearly brand new. He checked and said yes, it wasn't even a year old.

The problem was that the warranty from the piece of crap printer I had initially had expired. I told him I understood that but that THIS printer is less than a year old and the warranty should still be in place. Well yes and no. My warranty was from the first printer from three years back. I said, "So let me confirm this. You sent me a brand new printer to replace the fourth in a series of crappy printers and even though it's less than a year old, you will not honor the warranty. Is that correct?" He tried to give me the, "I am sorry for the inconvenience... I understand your frustration... I appreciate your frustration..." speeches when I finally said, "It's a simple yes or no question: Will you honor the warranty or no?" His response was no at which point I hung up.

Absolutely not worth it for me to drive 25 miles to get this stupid thing repaired (and pay for the repairs) when I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that something else will go wrong. I appreciate that Epson was willing to send me replacement printers however it's absolutely ridiculous that I should have FIVE printers in less than three years and every single one of them had issues. I am so over Epson. I purchased a new HP Envy Photo 7855 and I love it. It's about half the size of the HUGE Epsons and does everything the Epsons did. Only it does it better because it works! If I were to win free Epson printers for the rest of my life, I would politely decline. I will not purchase nor will I recommend an Epson product. Ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Epson?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My last order from Epson included a High-Capacity Black Ink Cartridge that was almost expired. When I called to ask if I could have a replacement, I was refused. I was told that all High-Capacity Black Ink Cartridges in the warehouse were from the same batch, so a replacement would be comparably aged. And, I could, indeed, send my cartridge back for a credit, but I would have to pay for the shipping. Wouldn't you think that ordering directly from the manufacturer would provide the newest, freshest product? Next time I'll go to Staples.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Two problems with this Workforce 3-in-1. First off, I ALWAYS select 'black ink only' on the computer and 'black and white' directly on the printer. So why do all three colour cartridges empty so much sooner than the black? And I do mean waaay sooner. Almost as if it's not using any black ink at all but using ONLY the colour inks to make black. And then when I switch out the supposedly empty cartridges after much fewer than the 100s of printed pages they advertise, they feel and sound half full still! I can't even begin to estimate how much ink I've gotten rid off in these 'empty' cartridges.

This is ridiculous. I've been scammed and they know it. And on top of all that, the printer doesn't work unless you replace the cartridges, and you can't just put black in all four spots. No choice but to buy more and more ink. Did I already mention I've been scammed? I don't know about their other printers or other products and I don't care - DO NOT buy Epson.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

2 yrs ago we purchased the Epson printer. The second time printing on it, I was alerted that the ink was low. So I just figured ok, bad box. I went out and purchased new ink. NOT CHEAP BY THE WAY. Used it a few times (3 to be exact) printing out no more than 20 pages, and I again am given an alert that the black and one of the colored ones was low. So I replaced those 2. Called customer services and was put on hold for 15 min. just to get hung up on. So we stopped using the printer and would go to our neighbors when needing to print something out.

My kid needed to print something for a project. Get all new ink. He prints out 2 pages (in all black) and I am told it is all out of ink. Even with the color cartridges FULL it would not print anything out. I call customer service, for 20 min I am on hold, someone answers and puts me on hold again. I eventually had to hang up after 30 min... I would never purchase an Epson product again, nor would I ever recommend such a terrible product either.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I spent $400 on a "good" printer for my family. Within a year, I had to spend countless hours troubleshooting over the phone before Epson agreed to send me a refurbished replacement. Refurbished model doesn't work either. After ANOTHER call and more troubleshooting, still no success. I have just spent over an hour on the phone, refusing to do any more troubleshooting to be told that it is no longer under warranty. Of course not, I've spent TWO YEARS and MANY hours trying to get a working printer from Epson! Never ever again. My children's education requires dependable products for success.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Most of us know, inkjets clog without regular use... But why? Why not program the printer to detect when it has not been in use and the proper functioning of the machine is in peril? Epson includes an Eco Mode which is great should you not remember to turn the printer off every night to conserve energy which summons the question, why not program the printer to wake itself up from Eco Mode and print a couple of test pages to prevent it from clogging? It is important to know that the head cleaning feature is hit and miss and each procedure blows approx. $10.00 worth of ink. Not to mention the disruption in workflow and frustration of a technical issue. I see two reasons, either they haven't thought of it, or they have and keep the printer functioning this way to promote ink sales. I hope the first is true for this could be remedied, if not, ouch, I will never purchase another Epson product again knowing that a company would do this.

Epson Company Information