Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Epson Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

TOTALLY DISSATISFIED WITH THE PRINTER SERVICE. My Epson L130 printers (serial no - vj5k174540) has been done servicing 6-7 times, but till that the problem in still there of lining and shadow problem. After servicing the complaint is closed but after few days the problems are same. Every time ink flush is done by engineers which make ink loss and no solution. And several mail every time I am not getting any feedback from any of the department. Epson service center in Asansol is very bad.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I own an Epson wf 3720 that is not used often. I needed to print a one page document today so I purchased the Epson 702 black ink cartridge. I set the document to print in grayscale but I kept receiving an error stating that a color ink cartridge was empty. "So what" I think to myself. I tried for an hour to get the single page I needed to print. Then I went to the Epson support page where I quickly learned that the printer is designed not to print unless all of the ink cartridges have ink. So, to print a one page invoice I must spend another $63 in addition to the $21 I paid for the black ink cartridge. This would be acceptable only if there was a warning on the printer package or set-up instructions which there was not. Be careful especially when you shop for a printer that will be used infrequently. The ink cartridges dry up before they run out if you only use the printer a few times a year and when you need it you will need to buy $90 worth of ink.

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I have been buying Epson printers for 20 years and constantly recommended them to everyone. Before about 2013, the Epson printers were lasting me 3-4 years before I needed to replace them. The only reason they would break would be the paper feeders stopped working. But in the past 5 years, I've purchased 4 printers and they only last 1 year. Every one of them have had HARDWARE FAILURES! The motherboards break and maybe other things inside are breaking and can't be fixed. I'm so frustrated and disappointed with Epson to allow the quality of their products to go down.

The early printers would print on card stock, envelopes, and transparencies. The new printers jam. I'm suspecting that Epson is using low quality parts from China and don't value product quality anymore. I also have noticed that they break after a firmware update and 2 of them broken when they reached the exact same number of total copies printed! Hmmmm.... That's VERY suspicious. They have sent me replacements for the broken printers but 2 of the replacements didn't work out of the box! The recent replacement was of lesser quality and didn't have the features I needed that my original had. How do you make a printer with no rear paper feeder for labels and envelopes etc.?!?! They lost a customer.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Do not put the original in the upper right corner (arrow). Your copy will be cut off on the left side. Also you will NEVER get a 2 sided copy because this WF-3720 CANNOT DO IT. THIS CRAPPY PRINTER DOES NOT PROVIDE A DOUBLE SIDED COPY!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We had an Epson Work Force printer/scanner in our home with an extended warranty. Unfortunately, the printer had a serious hardware problem months after the warranty had expired. The customer service department replaced it with an upgraded one at no charge. We will be Epson customers for a long time coming.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Epson?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Flushes envelope #10 jobs from queue. No print. Piece of junk. Waste of time and effort trying to get printer to function with envelopes. Have checked and rechecked settings. Have looked for help in the Epson support website. Very frustrating. My old HP printer worked much better than this for envelopes. I should have stayed with HP.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Since I’ve had the Epson WF-3640 wireless printer I haven’t been able to print envelopes which was one of the main reasons I bought it. Try as I may it just will not work either from the front tray or rear feed slot. Calls (3) to tech support and step by step instructions proved out zero results.Time to go back to Hewlett-Packard I guess.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Couldn’t even print 75 copies before running out of ink. Paused Paid $40 for 2 black Carthage’s and took 1 and a half of those to print 100 pages. That’s 33 cents a page with my own paper. Now my color is low and haven’t even printed squat with color and they want another $40 for the color ink. Tried refilling but it has a chip to keep you from doing that. Tired of these big companies ripping people off.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I wish I would have seen this before spending so much on a piece of trash. I got the eco tank printer about 3 month ago and now it doesn't work at all. I work from home so I need to use my printer for work. The printer started printing weird. It wouldn't print double-sided documents. It alerted me that it needed a firmware update so I went ahead and updated it. BIG mistake! Now the printer is stuck in recovery mode and nothing I do will fix it or restart it. I had to wait until Monday to call their customer service because they are not open on Sundays.

The customer service rep tells me that I have to get a new printer. It will take 3-5 business days for a new one to arrive. I really need the printer to work now, I can't wait 3-5 business days but what choice do I have? I say fine. Then they tell me that they need a major credit or debit card because they need to put a hold for almost $180 dollars which will be refunded once the broken printer is received. That's ridiculous. What if I didn't have $180 that I could just tie up for who knows how long? And this printer wasn't cheap either. Save yourself a headache and just run away from this printer.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Scanner won't work without ink cartridge. It's late at night and my girlfriend and I are trying to submit an application for a rental property. Need to print/scan various documents into the computer. Ran out of black ink, printer stopped functioning. Went to the store, they only had one cartridge for Epson, same shape and everything. Slides right into the printer. Not recognized... Can't print, can't scan, can't do anything.

I've become aware that this is an entirely intentional design flaw engineered to force people to buy more ink. This is incredibly frustrating because now we run the risk of not getting the rental property we want because we will submit our application behind other applicants. All because Epson is money hungry and would rather force you to pay out of inconvenience than create a good product. Won't purchase another Epson printer after this one stops working, which I'm sure won't be long...

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Epson expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Epson, formally known as Seiko Epson Corporation, is a Japanese technology company known for producing high-quality printers. The company, which is headquartered in Shinjuku, was founded in 1942.

• Professional and amateur grade: Epson sells both professional imaging devices and amateur-grade printers, so it's a good option for a wide range of consumers.

• Award winning: Epson printers have won a slew of awards from places like PCMag.com, Computer Shopper, CRN and more.

• One-stop shop: Epson sells its own ink, paper and other accessories, so it's a convenient place for a shopper to buy all the necessary printing supplies at once.

• Specialized printers: Since Epson is a printing focused company, they offer more specialized printers than many other companies. One of the most popular specialized printers sold by Epson is its suite of label printers.

• Excellent all-in-one printers: The company is known for creating a line of high-quality all-in-one devices, and many of their devices can print, scan, fax and more.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team