1.09/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 8, 2017

464 Epson Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Don't ever buy anything online from this company! If you realize you purchased an item that is not compatible with your Mac (like I did), they will say, "That's too bad. You should have thought of that before you bought it" - and they will refuse to pay for the return shipping. They will not pay return shipment unless you go through their technical team and they in turn document that the item does "not work as intended". The cost of shipping the item back is as much as I paid for it in the first place. Anyone knows that buying online is a risk, which is why every online store I ever purchased an item from PAYS FOR THE RETURN SHIPMENT COSTS. The person on the phone was rude and did not address my concern, but instead got belligerent with me! In turn I became furious with her and hung up. I will never, ever buy from Epson again - no products and no online anything because of this interaction.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have an Epson WF-2540 that I bought at Wal-Mart. I print only black and rarely, but it seems every time I do print it wants a color cartridge to be replaced and then won't let me print black until I do. I will not buy another Epson printer.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I purchased a XP 430 Printer some time back; don’t have the exact date maybe 6 months ago. I replaced the ink on Friday the 20th of October. The ink was 9.99 each for the three color and 12.99 for the black. Installed the ink and went to do the alignment and the Yellow and the Cyan did not print. I called your ** of a company and they suggested I clean the head, did this and nothing. Even though this is not my first freaking printer I had to deal with a moron that could barely speak English. She (Maria) also suggested that I wait until Monday to try again. I did but then I noticed that the ink was almost completely GONE!

I called them back with a reference number and she stated that by cleaning the head it used all the ink and that is normal. SO this printer is a bigger ** piece of ** than I originally thought. I will post on your ** Facebook page until the day I die, you **. It is normal to use $50 dollars worth of ink to clean the head; you are out of your ** minds!! Why don’t you go out and Google Epson Printers. Go ahead, you are trashed by almost everyone who has ever had dealings with this POS Company. So go ahead and blow smoke up each others **... Still a piece of **!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Bought an Epson printer through Walmart. Did not buy warranty. It was only a $50 printer. Thought it would be good enough for the little printing I do. With the cartridge that came with printer, I only got 10 black and white pages out of it. Bought new cartridge and only got 15 black and white pages out of it. Called Epson tech support and after running test was told that the nozzle for the black ink was no longer any good. Then they said there was nothing they could do since the warranty was over with. Could have sent it in for repairs at my expense but for a $50 printer doesn't seem the reasonable thing to do. So after spending like $65 for printer and new cartridge I only was able to print 15 black and white pages. I would say that is some expensive printing! Very disappointed in the product.

Just received a call back from Epson and was offered to take printer to a repair place still at my expense. The person from Epson that called back told me because I did not use printer often enough that the nozzle dried up. It did not happen to any of the other colors, just to the black. I also have had other brand printers that I did not do a nozzle check twice a week as I have been advised and had also not printed for months at a time and never had any problems with any of them. I had never used an Epson brand printer before. I can't figure out why my color cartridges have gone to low status when I have only printed black and white and have done about 6 nozzle checks with tech support. If you are thinking of buying an Epson printer I would suggest "NOT". I would suggest a different brand. Hope this review helps.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I am disappointed with my Epson printer (PrinterZXP 635), in regards of ink. I have been unable to use non-Epson ink which is much cheaper. The Epson ink cartridge lasts no time and there is no warning that the ink has run out and hence printing of documents ceases. This is really irritating when one needs to print documents for presentation and there is no warning that printing will stop, even for black and white printing. The cartridges are tiny and I seem to have spent as much already on replacement ink as for the printing unit itself. And I have done very little printing. Not happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Epson?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I am going on 7 Epson printers (XP 400,410,420,424, WF-2560, WF-2750) and nothing but problems. You might ask "Why do you keep buying Epson?". One reason... aftermarket cartridges that really work (when the printer does) and keep cost way down. You might ask, "Don't you think it's the non-Epson cartridges that are causing the failures?" Until doing days of research and then reading all the Epson reviews here I might have agreed with that possibility... HOWEVER!!!... The latest (WF-2750) has pretty much eliminated that from my thinking. The drivers won't even install on my Win10 PC; Epson, of course, blamed my PC.. So convincingly that I was about to re-install the OS, until I read the THOUSANDS of same problems others are having with Epson drivers. So that's my experience with the WF-2750.

The others went like this; one let the smoke out after a head cleaning, Two of them just went dark and dead right after printing a batch out just fine, and another locked up in 0x6000 printer error. I am convinced that even without the additional nuance of non-Epson cartridges, that Epson had built planned obsolescence into their junk. Admittedly, the non-Epson cartridges MAY be accelerating the date with death, but from the thousands of complaints I've read from those who dutifully and faithfully pay out major $$ for the near empty Epson inks, it's not by much. At least I saved quite a bit on ink in the process... Some consolation, huh!! Conclusion: Epson (and in my experience, also HP) are holding a gun to our heads once we make the mistake of buying their products. We need legislation and we need it now!!! Until then... Do Not Buy anything made by Epson!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I am appalled at the new Epson WF 3620 I've bought. It printed so lightly and so unevenly, I ran the print head and other maintenance tools and still it's bad. I bought expensive Epson inks. And still it's almost unreadable. It works on the network, but it's almost never available so I have to restart my laptop to wake it up. I have never had such a bad experience. I am not buying Epson ever again. Very poor user experience.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I have contacted the customer service line for assistance with my WF 2650 all in one system. I will not go into details regarding the quality of that but I have to say that calling the support line has been close to the worst experiences ever with these tech companies. Microsoft holds the worst customer service in my book. Anyway, I called the number listed 562-276-4382 and each time someone answered they acted as if they could not hear me and I was directed to another number. This sounded recorded with 3 different names and voices all saying the same thing. After several attempts of using a cellphone and a landline with the same results I gave up. I still am not able to use my scanner or fax and am not able to reach customer support. It's bad enough I have a subpar printer but not to have support in getting it to work is unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I bought 3 printers from them recently and none of them work. They have a warranty but they want me to give my credit card details to someone in Philippines. I am not about to share my credit card on the phone with someone out of the country, and only then will they replace it with a recondition printer when mine are new. This is a disaster. I will never use EPSON brand PRINTERS again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

WF-2630 Printer - This is the worst piece of trash printer ever! Epson, via Office Depot, stole my money on this one. It's so absurd that I wouldn't even fight it to try to get a refund. It's super slow, doesn't recognize anything, runs out of ink every 12 seconds. I can't say enough bad things about this. I've had Epson products before, but this has completely turned me off of any other Epson product. I hope they go out of business, if they aren't already. Terrible. As a matter of fact, I have brick on the outside of my house. I'm going to take it and smash it on the brick wall. DO NOT BUY. DO NOT BUY. YOU WILL REGRET IT. The sales pitch is that the ink cartridges are a lot cheaper and you can just replace each color individually.

They don't tell you that the ink runs out after 10 pages of printing. And don't try to print in color. You might get 2 pages before it's skipping and the pages are smeared. It's just terrible. It's one of those products where you ask God to bless you with something else just for having to deal with this. Businesswise, we the consumers are the fools for buying it. But ethicswise, Epson should be completely ashamed - refund all purchases of this garbage, and put out a press release stating that this is the worst decision and piece of production they have ever had. I hate it. I'm going to throw mine against the brick wall now, and hope it smashes into 1,000 pieces.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Been a big fan of Epson Printers but no more... Last 3 has been crab and will never buy an Epson again. Simply spoken, a piece of **. Seems like that Epsons marketing is to sell ink cartridges and not printers that are reliable.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I purchased 3 printers from Epson within 2 years. Once I downloaded Windows 10 the printers are having hardware issues. Even though Epson knows that some of their printers are not compatible with Windows 10 they still sell them and refuse to accept responsibility. I will never purchase an Epson product again. Buyers beware.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Bought an Epson XP-235 and after the sample cartridges run in no time. I bought the set of Epson ink cartridges, placed them in, and started a 32 page print out, and after 10 pages it stopped! Then telling me that I should only use Epson cartridges...??? As I said, this is Epson cartridges that I bought and put in, and they was not cheap! So even now it will not print, not even just in black only. To me Epson is rubbish. I did notify Epson, and told them of my plight, and they thanked me for my comments. No help from them at all. Will have to look for another printer. BUT it will NOT be an Epson.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I am incredibly pissed off after have spoken to 3 representatives and 2 people on the Epson chat board. Printer: WorkForce WF-7620. All I am trying to do is take a 24x36 sheet, at 1/4 inch scale, and print it to half the scale so it prints on 12x18 - which would read as 1/8 inch scale. But every time I try, the scale isn't accurate, and all the representatives can't figure it out. All I want is my money back or a solution. As of right now, I don't have either. Very frustrated and am shocked that Epson has figured a solution. If you are an architect or designer, don't purchase this printer until this problem has been figured out.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I had a problem installing a software update for my Epson WF5620 printer. Unable to find a solution on different web forums, I entered Epson customer support site. After completing a lengthy form, including the problem description, I get a screen stating that my e-mail has not been submitted and includes the possibility to view a few useless troubleshooting documents (wonder why they do not appear before!) or watch videos (which do not work) and... No way to send my e-mail. So much for a company who prides itself, and I am quoting Epson's site: "...committed to providing superior customer service..." Inferior customer service would be a better descriptor. Perhaps Kafka advised them how to set up the system. He certainly would be proud!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

The worst brand experience I have ever encountered. Software set up is not downloading, so I basically purchased an ugly black box as a decor. The rude respond from their support was; "Try a faster internet." For the record my downloading speed is on 25.3 Mbps.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Purchased an Epson Printer XP-830 just 6 months ago. The color printing is now horrible, despite having cleaned the printer heads and nozzles several times. Spent much time on the phone with Epson (Warranty does NOT have a toll free number?) trying to resolve the issue. They are now going to send me a "refurbished" replacement. NOT at all happy with my experience with Epson! Never going to purchase an Epson printer again.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

This is the biggest piece of junk rip off I've ever purchased. It prints 5 pages and runs out of ink. It is constantly having to be restarted to connect to my network. I'll never buy another Epson. I used to brag about my old Epson, that's why I didn't hesitate to buy this WP 2540 or even shop for another brand. Very sad that a company would let this happen.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Horrible printer, always having problems. I just returned from buying a color ink as printer would not let me print in black without it. NOW it wants the other colors replaced as well, still cannot print and I needed the document NOW. HORRIBLE.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We should all drive to where the Epson (Company) factory is and drop off all of these piece of junk printers (the traffic jam into the parking lot would be a sight). I had mine for a little over than a year. Paper jams and will not work. Had to buy a new printer, not Epson of course. These printers are rip offs!! They are so light, should have been an indication it was junk!!! They should sell them with a warning!! These printers are temporary fix if you need something printed.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I have been using Epson printers for years and have usually loved the quality. Recently I bought the WF-7620 and was excited to be able to utilize all of its features for my business. It took a few days to get the WIFI to communicate with my computer. Once I did get it to work everything was going well, but it eats through ink way too fast. I just replaced the Cyan yesterday afternoon, all the other colors showed they were still good (almost full). Between yesterday and today I printed about 50 sheets (white background, text was in color) and now it is saying that I need to replace all the ink including Cyan. This is ridiculous. What am I supposed to tell my clients? "I'm sorry, but due to having to buy ink pretty much every week I will have to raise my prices."

Original review: July 24, 2017

I have owned this Epson WF-4630 printer for a little over a year for home use and use a couple of times a week to print maybe 20 pages max. Suddenly it started printing only an 1/8 of a page and an Error code 0X97 appeared on screen saying to go to Epson.com. Apparently there is a motherboard problem with Epson printers and after a year of ownership they all break. I had owned another Epson before this one and thought if I bought more expensive model I would not have another printer that doesn't work. This should be flat out illegal fraud to design and sell a printer with known defects in the motherboard. I would not recommend anyone buy any Epson printer until they can develop a product with some longevity that actually works. This is not the first problem I have had with it.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I had a little problem with tech support. I received a call from a customer service rep. She apologized and made arrangements for me to receive a new printer and to return the old one. The new one came right on time and I had it up and running in under 10 minutes. I can't say enough about the great response I received from their rep. They really care about their customers.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Work Force 3640 Printers - I have had mine for only about 4 months with less than 250 pages copied or printed. The paper feeder will now only pull from the R side so it pulls paper in at an angle and jams the machine. Restarting it over and over per the screen directions does nothing to fix it. These things are very lightweight, cheaply made machines and unfortunately the working parts must be very cheap and lightweight also, to go bad so quickly. Who cares about warranty when you have to buy another printer while you wait 10-14 days or more to get it back from warranty repair. Maybe Epson's larger business machines are better quality but this unit, a mid-priced unit for home use, is basically disposable garbage.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I own an XP-400 and this machine eats ink so inconsistently. I literally replaced the black ink cartridge and in two day I need to replace it? Less than 200 sheets were printed! This machine is a money pit. Do not buy it!

Original review: June 24, 2017

This is the last Epson printer (after years and years) I will buy. The menu to change ink carts seems to change each time they update the software and continues to lead me in circles until, seemingly by accident, I press the right button. "Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it" seems to be especially applicable, and the Epson website doesn't seem to offer a way to ask for help or complain to the corporation. I've had it.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have been dealing with Epson for approximately six months. I purchased an Epson Printer Online. I have had five Epson Printers shipped to me. Every printer failed. Epson Technical Support refuses to answer the phone. They put a two hundred fifty dollar hold on my Debit Card. Now I am stuck with all these broken printers.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I purchased ink for my new Epson XP-960 Printer on 5/13/2017 via Amazon. After waiting over a month for my ink, on 6/16/2017 I get an e-mail saying that the ink has again been delayed for possibly another month. Obviously not happy, I called Epson about 3 different times & got transferred to about 6 different people. Someone tells me that Epson Customer Relations will resolve this issue for me. I speak to the customer relations rep who tells me there's nothing he can do & they're working as fast as they can. He basically tells me that I'll get it in the near future. I now have a relatively new printer that I have not been able to use for over a month because Epson ran out of ink! This is both shocking & unacceptable.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I bought an Epson WF7620 all-in-one about 18 months ago. At first, I was very happy with the device. It did everything it was supposed to. I had no problems with WiFi, printing, copying, scanning, ADF, etc. Then after about 18 months I started to get smeared lines in the printouts. I tried all of the "fixes" recommended by the EPSON in the troubleshooting section of the users manual. Nothing succeeded in fixing it. I aligned heads, I cleaned heads, I disabled "fast print", etc. I went online to find out if anyone in the world had managed to find a workaround or a fix. It was at that point that I noticed a large number of complaints from owners about the same problem. People wrote that they struggled frustratingly with Epson to rectify the problem with no success.

Many people have had multiple printers replaced by Epson. This is apparently a case of the company knowing that the product had major problem but they never managed to correct it. A principal application for me is to print out leases. My tenants have this quirky desire to be able to read the document that they're signing, so in my case the printouts need to be completely legible. This printer does not print legible copies. So when you read a review online that says that this printer is garbage, you better believe it. This printer prints multiple lines per page that are smeared to the point where they are not legible. In spite of the fact that everything else on the all-in-one work fine, it is still useless to me. I'm going to get rid of it. Don't buy this printer.

Original review: June 16, 2017

This printer is an ink hog, and if one of the color cartridges runs out, it will not print in black and white! Left me in a huge bind when I had to print important documents. Also, it smears and streaks and is just generally a sub-par printer. Connection issues abound as well. Pretty much functionally useless! And no help from support - they say it was designed to not print in black and white if color cartridge was out! Worst printer ever!

Epson expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Epson, formally known as Seiko Epson Corporation, is a Japanese technology company known for producing high-quality printers. The company, which is headquartered in Shinjuku, was founded in 1942.

• Professional and amateur grade: Epson sells both professional imaging devices and amateur-grade printers, so it's a good option for a wide range of consumers.

• Award winning: Epson printers have won a slew of awards from places like PCMag.com, Computer Shopper, CRN and more.

• One-stop shop: Epson sells its own ink, paper and other accessories, so it's a convenient place for a shopper to buy all the necessary printing supplies at once.

• Specialized printers: Since Epson is a printing focused company, they offer more specialized printers than many other companies. One of the most popular specialized printers sold by Epson is its suite of label printers.

• Excellent all-in-one printers: The company is known for creating a line of high-quality all-in-one devices, and many of their devices can print, scan, fax and more.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs