1.06/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Epson

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Epson Reviews

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I have nothing but quality issues with this printer from day 1. I purchased it to use in my home office printing from a Windows and Android devices. The quality is horrible, 95% of the copies have every other line blurred. I have done countless nozzle checks and head cleanings and have replace ink about 12 times with genuine Epson ink. Should of never left HP.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I do bookkeeping at home. I was working this weekend and noticed I had a download. I have always used off brand ink and have an entire box of it. As soon as I did the download my printer locked and said to replace all my inks. I feel I should be able to use any ink I choose. I feel like my printer is being held hostage. I feel like this is communism - you buy a product but it is really not yours. Needless to say I could continue to work or do payroll. I’m throwing it out the window. I will never buy another Epson product.

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I enjoyed my Epson printer for a little while and then EVERYTHING went wrong. It kept saying the paper was jammed when it wasn't, the nozzles were clogged, when we cleaned them it STILL wouldn't print correctly (VERY faded). We contacted customer support and our warranty JUST ran out about a month ago and they told us there was nothing they could do. NOT worth the money at all. Definitely find a different brand to go with. You will only have problems if you buy anything Epson.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

So, I order a projector off their website, enter in all the correct details (Billing address, phone number, name, etc), it goes through. I see the pending charge of $911 on my bank statement. I get an e-mail the next morning saying THEY CANCELLED my order! So I call them and demand to know why since I see the money taken out, they say my billing address doesn't match my debit card, OK... call my bank. I have them phonetically spell it for me so J as in Juliet U as in uniform etc.

I call Epson back 2nd time, say ok it WAS NOT the address that was wrong, get told it's the phone number. OK noW I'm mad, so I call my bank AGAIN! The phone number is right I had the lady read it slow for me. Not as against her just to see if it was right and guess what? It was. So I call EPSON BACK and say it wasn't the address or phone number and get this "Our manual processor called your bank and one of those 2 didn't match." Well he/she is stupid then cause they obviously misheard my bank. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AT ALL, THEY'RE STUPID, INCOMPETENT, AND WILL CANCEL YOUR ORDER FOR ANY REASON. I ordered the SAME PROJECTOR on AMAZON for $100 LESS! Please save your money and time and DO NOT ever EVER order from Epson!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I purchased an Epson WF-4730 in November of 2018, by the time I had it for 9 months it was not working correctly. It feeds through too many papers at once, and the refurbished unit did the exact same thing within printing 5 pages. This is a VERY common occurrence with these printers. My husband was using the same one at his workplace, the first few months he loved it and recommended we and many others purchase it for. Now, he very much disagrees and HATES the machine and all the people he referred to Epson printers have since switched. They are also doing the same thing, feeding too many papers through.

Don't even bother phoning Epson's customer care. The first time they decided to send me a refurbished unit. The same problem arose in the VERY first use, in fact the problem was worse than the original one I sent in. This time they are sending me a "new" machine, although I doubt it will be any different. They only decided to send me an actual new machine when I said I would like to file a formal complaint. I asked for the call to be transferred to someone who would be able to tell their corporate office that their printers are garbage and they should stop making them or at least to fix the problem on their new machines, but I was told they don't have a department like that! Not surprising there was no place to actually complain to the head honchos.

Another complaint is that it goes through ink like CRAZY, which would be one thing, but you CANNOT use the printer AT ALL if there is one ink cartridge out of ink. You can't scan or print things in black and white even, NADA! Seriously, don't buy an Epson printer. Once I get this new one I am fully aware I will be buying a new brand when in starts acting up in a few months, if I'm lucky enough to even get a few working months out of it....

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Epson?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

WF-3640, this unit has cost me a small fortune since purchase, mostly error codes that refer back to ink cartridge issues. New cartridges seem to have a built-in functioning life span regardless of ink levels and the printer will stop recognizing them even after running head cleaning cycles ad nauseam. I have spent close to $300 on ink for about 50 pgs worth of print since purchasing this printer. If you don't print something regularly (at least every other day) it will not work when you go to use it.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Epson Tech Support Thailand in Bangkok are fully aware of an issue. The L3150 printer has wifi setup issues is using a new AIS 'SR120-A' wifi router. They are not informing their nationwide agents of the set up conflict which requires AIS to disable the MESH setting. I had a Epson field tech support at my house today, took him 7.5 hours to get the printer setup to work, WHY? The crazy lack of communication of this crap wifi router whom AIS are crap also in communicating their crap wifi router will cause set up issues with wifi network devices. EPSON CRAP COMMUNICATORS.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Today my Epson Ink Jet Printer indicated on my computer screen that I was low on Ink, so I placed the order directly to Epson for all Ink Cartridge Replacements at a cost of slightly over $100. I received a receipt email back from Epson and I notice that our Tax Exempt Organization was charged tax. We have placed several orders over many years and this was never an issue. So I called Epson a couple of hours later to find out how to receive a refund on the tax portion and asked if they needed documentation from our 501c not for profit for future purchases. I was told that I needed to apply online first, then wait a couple of days until approved, then place the order.

I then kindly requested that they cancel my new order, then I would go online and apply, wait a couple of days until approved and replace the order. Seemed simple enough, right? Well, I was told that Epson only allows me 30 minutes after an order is placed to cancel the order and that there was nothing Epson could do for me. I asked to talk to a supervisor, but the person would not transfer me. Really unacceptable! I told my staff never again order Ink Cartridges directly through Epson! It's getting time to replace our printer and this experience has taught me that Epson is not interested in their customers and that it is best to buy the Ink Cartridges from a brick and mortar store, and I will be looking at the HP line of fine printers to replace the Epson.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I am always buying ink and it still won't work. Says to try black and white. It won't work still. Replace a ink cartridge and another stops working. So nothing works. But there is ink in all of them. Put brand new cartridges in printer. Finally got it to print after working with it a few hours. Then next day it wanted ink replaced again. Lol. I don’t think I use much ink on printing 2 papers. I have had it for 6 months. I am here now and can’t print after just installing brand new black cartridge from them. Please don’t waste your money on this printer. I wish I had not mine. I can’t even print my church lesson.

Original review: June 19, 2019

This Epson Printer and Scanner is so complicated to install that I gave up. Over and over again receive error messages that never stop. Returned it to Costco. Please everybody, if you are not a specialist or high tech knowledgeable person, get some other printer and scanner. I only bought it because the printer cartridges HP go up and up in price. Was looking for an alternative but this Epson is just terrible, I repeat, terrible.

Epson expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Epson, formally known as Seiko Epson Corporation, is a Japanese technology company known for producing high-quality printers. The company, which is headquartered in Shinjuku, was founded in 1942.

• Professional and amateur grade: Epson sells both professional imaging devices and amateur-grade printers, so it's a good option for a wide range of consumers.

• Award winning: Epson printers have won a slew of awards from places like PCMag.com, Computer Shopper, CRN and more.

• One-stop shop: Epson sells its own ink, paper and other accessories, so it's a convenient place for a shopper to buy all the necessary printing supplies at once.

• Specialized printers: Since Epson is a printing focused company, they offer more specialized printers than many other companies. One of the most popular specialized printers sold by Epson is its suite of label printers.

• Excellent all-in-one printers: The company is known for creating a line of high-quality all-in-one devices, and many of their devices can print, scan, fax and more.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs