1.10/5

648 Epson Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

I am always buying ink and it still won't work. Says to try black and white. It won't work still. Replace a ink cartridge and another stops working. So nothing works. But there is ink in all of them. Put brand new cartridges in printer. Finally got it to print after working with it a few hours. Then next day it wanted ink replaced again. Lol. I don’t think I use much ink on printing 2 papers. I have had it for 6 months. I am here now and can’t print after just installing brand new black cartridge from them. Please don’t waste your money on this printer. I wish I had not mine. I can’t even print my church lesson.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Please spend an amount of Rs. 16000+ only for Epson L4160 only if you are ready to face the below problems:

(1) Worst quality of color and B/W print.

(2) Customer service is worst in the world.

(3) To keep this printer in working condition, you need to print at least 5-6 B/W pages per day and at least 1 color print per day. This information is no where published by Epson. In their website/brochure or e-commerce websites.

(4) If due to any reason you are not taking any prints for continuous 7-10 days, it will require a 15-20 minutes of exercise in cleaning head and nozzle and you need to waste 5-6 papers to verify the output. Even after that also only customer service team visit will be required. The customer service executive will waste your 20-30 ml ink from each bottle and then only the printer will start working.

(5) Many times their technical executives are also not able to solve the problem leaving the customer in a position where the customer can neither use the printer nor throw it in garbage.

(6) After warranty is over, you need to call their technician to fix the printer issue every 10-15 days and you need to pay them 1000 Rs. every time.

(7) Almost in 50% cases only blank pages will be printed. But printer will increase the print counter. And Epson will consider this count as actual number of printed pages through the printer.

(8) Non-responsible customer service team. Even the senior management is also careless about the customer service. (Complaint# I**).

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2019

This Epson Printer and Scanner is so complicated to install that I gave up. Over and over again receive error messages that never stop. Returned it to Costco. Please everybody, if you are not a specialist or high tech knowledgeable person, get some other printer and scanner. I only bought it because the printer cartridges HP go up and up in price. Was looking for an alternative but this Epson is just terrible, I repeat, terrible.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Remember first to get the FULL extended warranty at the time of purchase. You will have issues. If anything goes wrong with it it'll be a minimum $550. visit (parts and labor). Scheduling someone to come out you'll first have to call Epson, wait on hold often 20 minutes, and then they refer you to another company that you have to go back and forth with to schedule someone. That company usually sends me a very scary crazy estimate that basically is the cost of the printer, or more, by a not so bright girl who does not follow instructions or comprehend well.

I needed to change a card on file and she said she would do that but no, the old card was billed and gave yet another headache. Her boss then had to fix it. The printers are very glitchy and clunky sounding. In a high tech world I know there's got to be something better and plan to try other companies after these. Just hoping they can last through Xmas season where then I can afford to switch. Color and prints are nice but not worth the hassle.

Original review: June 3, 2019

XP-424 Locked out when one cartridge empty. There is apparently no possibility of continuing printing in BLACK only when one other cartridge is empty. Not only that- it locks you out of ALL functions until you replace the empty cartridge. Cannot Scan or access anything else on the printer. Never again!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Epson?

Original review: May 30, 2019

I bought this printer because it offered the ability to monitor the ink levels and wireless connection but why would it be wireless if you need a USB to use the scanner?? And if you needed a USB chord, why not provide it? Poor design and not good for small business.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Purchased another Epson printer. This is about the fourth one, and how about that, another total piece of junk. This time it was the XP-320. Ink continuously clogged and every time you clean the head it uses have the ink cartridge and the best part is, it still does not clean the head. I have taken it totally apart twice and manually cleaned the heads. Works for about a month and then - bam - stopped up again. This time I simply threw it out my second story window. Best part is, that did not even un-clog the print head. Do yourself two favors, 1, don't be as stupid as me, and 2, NEVER, let me say it again, NEVER buy an Epson Printer - of any style, make, or model - total waste of your time and money. The only reason I gave it 1 star is because I cannot give Epson a negative rating.

Original review: April 23, 2019

As a reseller I recommended this printer to my customer. Problems from day one, ADF would not pull documents straight and marks on plastic cover meant a streak would appear on output, this is a very common occurrence. The ink refill really appealed to me from a cost to run point of view. I've since switched to Canon and have been suitably impressed. My advise...stay away from the Epson L Series printers. Epson's excuses were poor and support limited and at sometimes they simply did not give a damn.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Not a good printer even by today's standards. Don't waste your money here. Beware. You get what you pay for. Spend a little more for quality. The quality of Epson and their demand that you must use their ink are the main problems.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Don't Buy Refurbished Epson Perfection V800. I bought it March 4th and received it 4 days later. Great shipping speed. Unfortunately the transparency unit was faulty. I called to obtain a replacement and they didn't have any in stock. Epson refused to issue a refund on Saturday without a call on Monday. After a followup call they agreed to refund my money. The scanner has been returned and the refund hasn't appeared. The website says they will send a comparable model if out of stock, but a V850 is not a comparable model. There is no comparable model.

I have never done a review before but am that unhappy with Epson. I had to redirect the package to a FedEx facility and drive to pick it up because it required a direct signature. I have spent hours driving to pick up the package, unpacking, installing drivers, connecting a faulty scanner, troubleshooting, calling customer service, having to go through a poorly trained tech support phone call, again talking to customer service who couldn't send me a replacement and refused a refund, calling again to be told I would receive a refund, print a shipping label, disconnect the scanner, repack the scanner with my supplies, drive the package back to FedEx, not receive my refund, ask for a comparable model and be told there isn't one.

I still wait for a refund two weeks after my phone call. If they stocked a replacement model, they were willing to send it immediately. Because they didn't I am still waiting for a refund. I have spent significant time and money receiving a defective product and negotiating a return of the product. I have a small business and I currently own 3 Epson scanners and 2 Epson printers. I have been a loyal Epson customer for over twenty years. I would never recommend Epson again and specifically would never buy a refurbished Epson product.

Epson expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Epson, formally known as Seiko Epson Corporation, is a Japanese technology company known for producing high-quality printers. The company, which is headquartered in Shinjuku, was founded in 1942.

• Professional and amateur grade: Epson sells both professional imaging devices and amateur-grade printers, so it's a good option for a wide range of consumers.

• Award winning: Epson printers have won a slew of awards from places like PCMag.com, Computer Shopper, CRN and more.

• One-stop shop: Epson sells its own ink, paper and other accessories, so it's a convenient place for a shopper to buy all the necessary printing supplies at once.

• Specialized printers: Since Epson is a printing focused company, they offer more specialized printers than many other companies. One of the most popular specialized printers sold by Epson is its suite of label printers.

• Excellent all-in-one printers: The company is known for creating a line of high-quality all-in-one devices, and many of their devices can print, scan, fax and more.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs