3.11/5
Based on 148 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

596 Epson Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Epson SureColor P800 is a wide format inkjet printer to professional. A user also able to print from Photoshop. Quality of printers page is good and setup was easy. If you are interested to get more information about the printer so you can easily find us at **.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

After counter of printed pages reaches some number, printer (XP-820) locks itself with a message "ink pad reached the end of lifetime". They brazenly advise you to buy another one. Can you imagine your car stopped in the midst of a highway telling you that you have to buy another car? I am looking to file class action.

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I had bought an Epson SureColor 400 as a backup printer but hadn't needed it for a while. After a bit over a year I opened the box to use it and nothing worked. No help from Epson because of when I bought it even though it was obviously never used! They were very polite in telling me I was just out of luck and should pay to get it fixed because "it's a nice printer". Well I tried and ended up spending a couple more hundred dollars for nothing from their recommended certified repair facility! NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: July 12, 2018

WARNING. BUYER BEWARE!!!! I was given a Epson Printer as a gift, worst gift ever due to the fact it never worked. For over an hour it kept getting a paper jam because the paper (standard 8/11 white printing paper) would not feed pass the first feed tray. However, I could manually feed paper through with the printer open, but of course that means I couldn't print. So I called tech support and John said that since I had followed all the steps for fixing a paper jam, including watching a video of someone do it, that he needed to check the warranty. Since it was a gift, of course it was out of warranty and of course there was no convenient service location.

BIGGEST PROBLEM I EVER HAD WITH A PRINTER WAS TRYING TO UNINSTALL THE EPSON PRINTER AND DRIVER. It took me another hour and half during different thing to I personally discovered that the printer had to be turned and plugged into my laptop for Epson to be uninstalled. Now tech support should have told me this over the phone when we discussed that I needed to get a new printer. I should not have had to search for the answer on my own. This is why I stay with HP and DELL, easy setup and removal if needed.

Yes, I understand all printers have programs, but not all printer problems take 2 1/2 hours to fix. The home business printer was harder to fix and remove from the computers than any other printer company that I have used. So if you choose to spend your dollars and coins on Epson you have been be forewarned that their tech support is bad and don't forget to keep everything on before you uninstall or it won't be done. If printer problem is no power, I guess you will out of luck get it uninstalled.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I would not recommend buying Epson brand printers. If you read reviews they are always clogged and will not print a particular color. I’m currently experiencing problems printing black. You would think as much as this brand cost you wouldn’t have a issue. Better off buying a cheap printer and replacing it. Epson cost too much for what you have to deal with!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Epson?

Original review: June 19, 2018

Selling a product without the key to unlock after the warranty expires. Same as selling an automobile without the keys, operates until it reaches the out of warranty time locking the owner out being subjected to take to one of its service places holding the keys. Failure for the owner to repair his own purchased property (Printer ET2550). The law has already been argued and ruled, is mandatory to make parts available to consumer for 10 years after a major product is no longer produced. Epson has broken the law, including lemon law. Has to refund the cost.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Epson 820 cartridges - forced replacement: I was looking for the simplest desktop printer I could find as I use the printer very infrequently. Set up was reasonable verging towards difficult. What infuriated me was that after several months it declared that the cartridges were empty, which of course they weren't. Having replaced them and used very occasionally in the course of the next few months the printer then threw up an error (0x81 if I remember correctly). This led me down a path of various website scams and attempts to update the software. Eventually discovered it was just a paper jam! Why on earth couldn't they say that?

Print quality was lousy so went through the setup process, cleaned heads etc. Print quality improved somewhat and It reported ink cartridges fine. I reseated them anyway. Guess what?!? It is now telling me again that I should replace the cartridges and refuses to proceed. I am absolutely infuriated with the time I have spent trying to use this product over the past year. I will NEVER buy another Epson product as long as I live!

Original review: June 11, 2018

O man where to begin? Well is you already know all printers have problems. All printers are very special at that where you always have to call customer service. But here is the problem with Epson. They have hire a bunch of sassy girls that feel that they are better than you have they will treat you that way. I have call 12 time at this point for one little problem that it can be solve really easily, but guess what? These girls turn this little problem in to a huge problem and you waste like 1 hour doing a bunch stuff and guess what, your problem was never fix, and why you may ask well at this point is everyone else and one thing they always make sure is that you feel dumb and you tell them things like maybe the problem is x or y but they remind you that you are dumb and they are the expert and you are just a person, well two hours later guess what the problem was. It was (x). I have been saying that for two hours but they don't listen. Worst customer service ever.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Besides being the very loudest printer (2750 Series) I've ever owned, I absolutely am disgusted by a copy/machine that holds your print jobs hostage because a unnecessary color cartridge is empty. Here I am 11:00 PM with a morning deadline and unable to print a B&W copy I need because the printer wants a magenta color cartridge. Buying a new printer and it won't be because this printer broke and it won't be an Epson.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I bought Epson wf 3640 June last year from Target, paid cash and did not keep the receipt. Now less than a year printer stopped working and Epson would not take a responsibility and I lost $300 buying this junk. I did some research and many people having the same problem especially with error code 97. Be aware of this company when you need a printer.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I don't like it when the Epson printer runs out of a color ink and it won't let you print, even if only in black and white, but the black ink is fine.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I recently purchased Epson XP-830 to replace a previous Epson printer. I sincerely love the printer. I appreciate the fact that it uses separate ink cartridges for each color. Copies are sharp and color photos are outstanding. I have used several brands of printers, but feel Epson provides the best quality.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Epson is difficult to operate. Had to reinstall drivers download the icon unplug & restart computer many times. Complicated unless you use the machine every day. Not user friendly.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The Epson ink cartridges are costly and even if you only print black and white, you still need the color cartridges or else it won't print right. That's the downfall.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The color isn't very defined... Plus it runs out of ink too often. Would not recommend you purchase a Epson printer. The ink is hard to find also. I like Canon much better.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've owned several other brands from HP to Canon, the Epson 525 is my favorite. The ink has grown higher than when I first purchased my unit, but it will work well with generic/refill inks so I still rate it high as an all-in-one.

Original review: May 31, 2018

This printer is easy to set up and to print from your PC using Wi-Fi. I have had this printer for a while and have had no problems with it. The only drawback may be that the printer heads need cleaning a lot but this is easy to do.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have had most other brand of printers, and found that Epson by far is the best printer brand. Epson lasts the longest, is very easy to use, and is just better than the others.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I got Epson because it has a separate film tray. It was also very easy to set up. The ink is cheap and it’s dependable as well. My only complaint is that it's slow.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My model is the Epson Workforce. I've had it for about 4 years. It’s inexpensive, good quality printing, very reliable. My only complaint though is the replacement cartridges are pretty expensive.

Original review: May 30, 2018

So far, the Epson WF-3640 works great. Good quality, prints fast and the document feeder is very useful. However, it uses up ink fast and always need to buy refills that are not cheap.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Have 3 Epson printer, fax, scanner combos. Reliable, great quality, and when I need customer service they are great. If they can't fix it (only has happen once in 5 years) they replace it. The Epsons are easy to use and cartridges easy to install.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I like the Epson printer but the cost of ink is outrageous. No matter where you get it, it is almost 50.00, that is crazy. Also, it is easily jammed even when there is no paper. I enjoy the printers, but after they break they're worth nothing. You cannot even recycle the thing, it sits in the landfills.

Original review: May 28, 2018

The Epson printer I bought to replace my old one. I chose it because of the reasonable price but I found it to be more than what I expected. It is very easy to use... puts out quality printing and is an excellent printer for its price. Overall the best I've ever had. It also includes Wi-Fi which I always use now from my android phone. Very convenient for me.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Have had 2 Epson in the last 7 years & the only reason I got another one is that the older is out of date for the times... I buy the OEM ink off of eBay for quite a bit less than the original. Works on Android/Chrome/Anything Google can Scan to Cloud/Print from email. Lots & lots of options, always works great. The old one is in the closet still working as a backup.

Original review: May 27, 2018

No matter how many times I clean the ink heads or change the ink, I have streaks of black ink in various places (never the same on each page). Pictures have heavier streaks of black ink which destroys the picture. Ink does not last long enough. Never have sales or discounts on ink cartridges and all stores do not carry Epson ink. Does hook up with WiFi easily but I will be going back to HP first chance I get.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Epson is the best printer that I have ever owned. I have had it for several years and have not had a problem with it. It is easy to use, printer is easy to load, it does not seem to use much ink. Cartridges are easy to change as well.

Original review: May 26, 2018

This printer uses ink really fast. The print quality is awful, you constantly need to align it and clean the heads. Cartridges not easy to get. I would not recommend this printer.

Original review: May 26, 2018

This Epson printer is pretty good, it is a Epson 786, and it is also a fax machine. Have not had any problems with it. I use buy HP brands, but I think Epson is much better and more cost efficient.

Original review: May 25, 2018

The Epson is a great printer but the ink cartridges are a rip-off, which seems to be the case for almost every printer on the market. Quality of printers page is good and setup was easy, but the ink is quite expensive.

Epson expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Epson, formally known as Seiko Epson Corporation, is a Japanese technology company known for producing high-quality printers. The company, which is headquartered in Shinjuku, was founded in 1942.

• Professional and amateur grade: Epson sells both professional imaging devices and amateur-grade printers, so it's a good option for a wide range of consumers.

• Award winning: Epson printers have won a slew of awards from places like PCMag.com, Computer Shopper, CRN and more.

• One-stop shop: Epson sells its own ink, paper and other accessories, so it's a convenient place for a shopper to buy all the necessary printing supplies at once.

• Specialized printers: Since Epson is a printing focused company, they offer more specialized printers than many other companies. One of the most popular specialized printers sold by Epson is its suite of label printers.

• Excellent all-in-one printers: The company is known for creating a line of high-quality all-in-one devices, and many of their devices can print, scan, fax and more.

• Best for: Large offices, homeowners with computers, photographers, students and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

3840 Kilroy Airport Way
Long Beach
www.epson.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business