D-Link

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought this router BA-20. I have tried to get online with it but no luck. I called customer service this morning. The tech could not fix the problem and wanted me to buy three different programs he referred to as tools to help secure my internet connection because the router was having a conflict. All of my computers have anti virus protection and password protected but yet he said that was not good enough. His programs price started at $199.00 for one year to $299.00 for three years. I told him I was not interested.

I recently built a new computer and had to buy a new WiFi adapter for it due to the fact my GTX 950 got in the way of the intended WiFi adapter port, so I went on eBay and bought the DWA 552, thought it would be perfect, ran a WPA2 connection and everything. Anyone who knows anything about electronics know that when you buy a component like that, you need to make sure it's secure in its packaging. This was look shaking all over the place. Then I installed it, installing it was easy enough, plug it in, install the drivers, but after they were installed, the adapter refused to connect to my router and the connection would constantly drop, so I called the support, they said it was a "special product" and gave me another number, so I called it.

I told them about my problem and they said they would help, for a fee of $80. Like hell I will pay $80 for a $9 device. I asked them if I could get help anyways and they said they only help people who buy their warranties. No one ever buy from Dlink. Ever. Product rating - 0. Customer Support rating - 0. Overall experience - never again will I buy something without Googling it first.

After trying a non-functioning help website I talked to a D-Link agent to try to get a malfunctioning range extender to work. After more than 1 hour, many holds, much backtracking and countermanding of directions, the device seized up and would no longer respond at all. The tech agent clearly did not know what she was doing, should have handed me off to someone more knowledgeable. We gave up. I am back again today, trying to get help, with same results - nothing! The website doesn't work at all, the phone prompts are totally confusing, the wait times are unacceptable. Truly a horrible company. Over its head in terms of support.

I couldn't log into my account because a neighbor gained access to my router and changed the password, I called D-Link only to find out that 118 people had gained access as well. The tech did a scan and told me that I had registry errors and hackers and that he would have to use a tool or something to gain access to my account, but that would cost me a whopping $149.99. I stated that I'm an unemployed single mom and had $0 dollars to my name, and he got his scamming supervisor on the phone who lowered the price to $99.00, and threw in an anti-virus program for free. I told him I HAVE $0!! And he says, "no one gets a free lunch." What the hell? Really? D-Link sucks!!! All I wanted to do was get back into my account.

I run a web design business and have referred clients to D-Link. The WiFi on the DSL-G604T has never worked since purchased so I have been running cables from it to get computers networked. I recently attempted to upgrade the firmware to hopefully solve this WiFi issue when I needed to add more computers to the network. Upgrading the firmware was a lengthy process that returned endless errors.

On 23/02/2015 I submitted a support request marked urgent to D-Link through their Australian website. Having not heard back from them by 25/02/2015, I urgently emailed them again. Having not heard back from them by mid-morning, I phoned their support line. The D-Link staff member informed me that they do not support my hardware anymore. It has been an endless headache and I'm going out to buy a new modem/router now and it will not be D-Link. I will no longer refer clients to D-Link.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dlink?

Cameras "time out" & stop working after 1 minute always... then you have to start all over. D-link website is SO TERRIBLY SLOW with an out of date security certificate. Java updates must be downloaded with every visit to website then again during the same visit. I sold the cameras & recorder. Today 2-6-15 (2:49PM EST) I tried deleting my D-Link account. But you cannot do this without tech support.

I called tech support 888-351-0767. Paul at Tech support tried an old trusted worn out SCAM by telling me that "my computer's event viewer application had thousands of errors" and wanted $99 payment to clear those errors and then he would be able to delete my account. Unfortunately for Paul, I know exactly what this is and that there is nothing to fix. These guys truly are just a bunch of low level crooks... possibly located in India.

I purchased a D-Link DIR-601 router. It's firmware I found to be full of errors, it also "times out" after a couple of minutes of inactivity forcing the user to sign back in again. The routing and port forwarding features don't work, incomplete error messages. While the technicians are ever so polite, most of them know very little about IP packet forwarding. Getting them to issue an RMA is like pulling hens teeth. D-Link is a company that DOES NOT STAND behind the Products they sell. I'll NEVER purchase anything from D-Link.

I had the same experience with D-link. Couldn't get wireless network on my phone. Password was refused. Called to customer service. Was 2 hours on the phone spoke with 2 tech support rep. They were trying to sell me security which is cost $299 for 3 years. When I said I won't purchase he start opening my personal folders. I got me really mad. I found 1 company who can punish them. Go to BBB and make a complaint. Thank you.

When I tried to enter my network password to set up my smart TV, it was refused. I called D-Link support to check my password or get it reset. I have been on the phone with India for four hours now and am no closer to the issue being resolved. However, my network name has disappeared and they want $59 to restore it. I have spoken to three tech support people (who all ask the same questions) and a supervisor to whom I complained vociferously. As instructed, I have unplugged, reset and replugged my router about 26 times. This router was purchased six weeks ago and I would sooner set my head on fire than ever buy another D-Link product.

We had a problem with a D-Link streaming box for watching Netflix. It would not let us sign in. Called support. They said we need more protection for our computer network. We don't use our computers for streaming... I have Netgear for my router. They were able to bypass my password protected network and control two of our computers. They wanted to sell us protection for $169.95.. Are D-Link and Netgear the same company?? They had no problem hacking into my system. D-Link has blocked any access to Netflix and other sites, and any access to our D-Link account.

I had purchased a D-Link DNS-343 and the unit never worked properly. During one of many trouble shooting events with D-Link, the face plate was damaged and became unusable. D-Link Support gave me an RMA number and told me where to send the unit for repairs. I was willing to pay for a face plate replacement (included a note with the unit). D-Link support told me the unit would not work without the face plate and also told me they had no face plates to replace or sell. They returned the unit with a note "Return As Is." I am out the $270.00 I paid for the unit, the $40 to ship the unit to D-Link and I have no network to back up my files. D-Link has proven to have very poor customer service and I cannot recommend them as a company to purchase any products from.

I had purchased a D-Link router DIR-826L, and it got fried in 8 months. When I asked them for a replacement, they asked me for my proof of purchase. How can I save a paper which is printed in carbon, which does not remain for more than a month? I registered at their site with my Serial no. at the time of purchase, thinking that would enable me for warranty. They are just fooling people with the warranty explanation. They don't want to incur this additional expense for the low quality of some products of theirs. Please beware of this. This is what they wrote to me: "Please ship your product to: D-Link Systems 3079 S. Harbor Santa Ana, CA 92704. Please be sure to include the following items: 1 x DIR-826L1 x Ethernet Cable ($10.00)1 x AC Power Adapter ($10.00) 1 x Copy of Proof Of Purchase."

Your recording makes you spend a long time to get through and then when you do, your recording says hang up and call back. I have now been waiting for 40 minutes and your person says she cannot hear me. You have a huge problem with tech support. I have purchased two of your cameras and am looking to buy 8-10 more. I cannot do that until you get your problems resolved. You should take lesson from Apple. Your support is the worst I have ever encountered. I am still waiting for your tech person to call me back.

Received the D615 for Xmas gift 2008. Spent 40 minutes w/their Tech Support, unit just went dead-all lights out, power supply stopped working, no other power supply would work. Tech Support gave me an RMA but without a receipt would not honor the 1 year warranty. Got it as a gift almost 1 year ago and person doesn't have the receipt.

Bad Customer Service in my opinion!

I have D-link DI-524 router at home that my girlfriend got with her purchase of a new laptop. It has actually worked without problems until I tried to use my gaming console through it. I cannot connect to the internet through my console using the router because the router has an incompatible firmware version. I was told, by the xbox tech support people, that if I changed the firmware to the correct version it would work accordingly.

The problem is that the compatible firmware is an older version and not accessible online anymore for download. I called D-Link's customer support only to find out that I had to pay for their advice!! I opted out of that option and instead sent them an email explaining my situation free of charge. About 5 days later and I still have not received a reply. D-Link has the WORST customer service and support I have ever had to deal with. If you bought your product beyond their certain deadline then you must pay just to have the privilege of talking to somebody. Absolutely ridiculous.

I will never endorse this company or product again. The solution to my problem is very simple. I just need the link to download an older version of the firmware for my router so that it can work with my gaming system. This seems like to much to ask for D-Link. They obviously don't stand behind their product if they offer such lousy customer service. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

I called because a wireless adapter was not functioning which had a 3 year limited warranty. I was told they had to troubleshoot the item with them before I could get the RMA. So I did.

45 minutes later the lady apparently in another country told me it was not the adapter but my computer network. I explained to her that I had 2 other dlink adapters that worked fine on the computer so it could not be That the adapter was completely dead and wouldnt even light up to bad it is my problem.

SO... I thought I would try another operator to get a RMA same deal on the phone 40 minutes troubleshooting Same story anyway this went on 3 times total

Moral to the story dlink sucks and the 3 year warranty is a sham, they will never give you a return merchandise authorization!!! So that the warranty can be honored. Needless to say I have never purchased another dlink product ever again and never will. I was on the phone doing the troubling shooting they require 3 times and could never gat that elusive RMA.

My office computer was out of service until I could get to the store to purchase another adapter and used up almost 3 hours of cell phone time for nothing and work time to talk with an idiot

I purchased a D-Link N series Router in July of 07. It came with a 1 year warranty- After 7 months, the router malfunctioned and quit working. I spent 4 hours on the phone with technical support trying to explain to them that the router died and needed to be replaced. At first, they refused to honor the warranty, and told me I would have to pay for it to be replaced.

If it was truly covered by a warranty, there should be no charge except for perhaps shipping. The people I spoke with were not helpful, and often transfered me back and forth between departments. Finally, after talking with several employees over a period of several days, they agreed to replace the broken router, provided we pay for shipping. This problem could have been avoided by simply listening to my original phone call placed to technical support.

I operate a website design company from my home. I am a very small business and this problem cost me several hundred dollars in lost time, and purchasing a new router. I dont have the money to spare, and the time wasted by shipping and talking on the phone has now made the replacement router ours permanently, as we had only 10 days to return it. When I get the replacement router, I will have to sell it myself in order to recoup some of the amount Ive lost now.

I have been using D-Link products for years, primarily because of their high-quality products and outstanding technical support. I maintain two networks that employ D-Link routers and switches. Imagine my surprise when I recently attempted to receive some support while trying to add a new computer with the Vista Operating System to one of my networks.

When calling D-Link for technical support, I was first switched to a 900 number that had nothing whatsoever to do with technical support. Minimum charge: $9.95. Then, I was connected to a third-party support service that has apparently been contracted by D-Link to provide outsourced technical support. The cost is $29.95 for a maximum of 30 minutes on the telephone. A timer automatically breaks the telephone connection at exactly 30 minutes. The support technician steadfastly refused to listen to me at all, and wasted all 30 minutes of the time(and the $29.95).

With a system that had now been totally disabled from following the instructions of the arrogant, non-listening support technician, I had no recourse but to call back and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor. I was told that they had all left for the day, and nobody was in charge. Grudgingly, I was forced to gamble by agreeing to pay another $29.95 fee for additionasl support. The different technician who was now handling the case was a little better at listening, and we were able to get the router partially working again in less than 30 minutes. It galls me that I had to part with almost $70 to get a router working with MS Vista when a new router would have been hardly more expensive. To top it all off, the router will not retain its settings between sessions, and if the computers are disconnected from the network, the router must be powered down and restarted before any computers will reconnect to it. What a pain!

Bottom line: I no longer will purchase D-Link products, and I will make sure that the technical people with whom I deal are aware of this company's extremely poor attitude and service to its customers. I have already purchased replacement routers since this incident, and I purchases LinkSys products. If we're going to get lousy support, we might as well but whatever is cheapest or on-sale.

Router still not working properly, but they have kept my money.

D-Link Company Profile