Dell Customer Service
1.17/5
  • 1 star
Based on 223 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Dell Customer Service

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

4264 Dell Customer Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Recently purchased a laptop. Items purchased not loaded onto the computer when it arrived and when I call to find out what happened, I am connected only to someone in India who is extremely hard to understand. Ordered a new modem with my rewards dollars - because I request my items to be shipped to my job, rather than to my home address, they added my employer's wife's name as the bill to and completely removed my name. Who gave them the authority to change account names.

Called to find out what happened and this is what I get in broken English, "I'm so sorry this happened to you ma'am, how can I help you". I tell them what has occurred, they say the same thing. Scripts are great, but useless if you don't understand what you are saying. When asking to speak with a manager, I get placed on hold and then transferred to a receptionist who says the same thing. This will be my last purchase from Dell and I have done business with them for the last 18 years. It would do them well to actually hire an American staff.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This could have been one of the worst customer service moment of my life. I have purchased dozens of Dell computer from their business center. Each and everyone has had some form of Windows Professional on the computer. The two computers that showed up today had the home version. I called customer service to discuss the issues and ask them to upgrade the software. 47 minutes, 4 transfers, later the only resolution they had for me was to ship the computers back. What a farce. I will never buy another Dell computer in my life.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I purchased a mobile workstation from Dell outlet. I have been an Preferred customer for 15+ years. I have purchased numerous systems in the past and have always gotten good service and products. During my recent purchase Dell put an incomplete suite number on the FedEx shipping. I spent two days attempting to resolve this and finally was forced to return the Item because I could not travel to the FedEx site to get the Item. This FedEx site is an hour away. I will have to say I liked Mike Dell when this was a little company in Austin. Just too big now and too much has been outsourced. Michael how difficult is it to order a workstation. It would have been simpler for me to drive from Plano and pick the box up.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Having Dell support is actually a liability instead of a benefit. Their machines are probably as good as the next guy, but their support is phantom. My Dell computer crashed and would not boot up Windows. I had the false sense of confidence because I had my Dell Backup and Recovery ready. I lost everything even after confirming the Dell Backup and Recovery would save my personal files. I confirmed this several times using their ** app. Again I lost everything because it had a been a while since last backup. Although I didn't ever need to back anything up because I LOST EVERYTHING. Thanks Dell... I'll look elsewhere next machine.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I returned my Latitude E6540 Service tag # ** for warranty service because it would not boot up. I returned it with 2, 2gig sticks of memory, it was returned with 1, 4gig stick of memory. I tried to place another stick in the other slot and the problem for which I sent it in for came back, no boot. Long story short, the laptop will only run with one stick of memory, use the other slot and it will not boot up, Dell warranty service did not fix the problem, they just found a way to make it work. There are two slots on the motherboard for a reason, if I can't use them both the laptop was not repaired.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Ordered a Inspiron 5680 with a monitor. Had to contact customer care over 10 times within the 7 days past the order. For verification, confirmation and at the end cancelation since they were not able to send me the computer. All customer care agent were useless and wouldn't try to make things better or help. All I was offered was 20$ to stop me from canceling a 1690$ purchase.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I just wanted to finance another new laptop after buying two computers since 2003. The verification team did not care that I was a past customer (despite having a customer ID, credit ID, all documentation, etc) and rejected all of my proof of identification, everything I sent them through three attempts to prove my identity. It took two months to go through this process, and the sales department then recommended that I start over from the beginning. Really. I'm over here buying fake ID so I can use that to steal a $600 laptop. Geniuses.

During the sales and verification process, they lied repeatedly. Then, when I finally spoke to a supervisor, she promised she would follow up, and she didn't, although she did recommend I send a different form of ID by email which the verification team then cited as a reason to reject me. Great job. Don't waste your time. Go to a brick and mortar shop.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I ordered a Dell Inspiron 5675, at a great discount, online from Dell's website on December 7, 2017. The desktop, which was supposed to be a Christmas present, was supposed to ship on 12-20-17. A few days later, Dell later sent an email notifying me that order would be delayed (expected ship from 1-9-2018 to 1-8-2018. Today (1-9-2018) I got a third email, referencing yet another delay in shipping. When I telephoned Dell customer service for an explanation, it took me almost an hour and discussions with several different Dell personnel, who were difficult to understand and not sufficiently knowledgeable, to find out. Dell claimed that Dell couldn't fulfill the order--ever!--due to unavailability of parts.

For my time and trouble Dell offered to sell me a different PC at retail, without any of the discounts originally offered with the cancelled PC. As I write this review Dell's website currently lists the same model number with a lesser central processing unit ("CPU"), at pricing similar to the unit I was going to purchase. I'm skeptical that Dell was actually unable to obtain the pricier CPU since there are currently numerous desktops from multiple manufacturers available online with the pricier CPU. I will never again purchase from Dell and would discourage everyone from doing so.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Purchased a new laptop that crashed in less than 30 days. They had me on the phone that day for over 4 hours trying to replace the hard drive and said this was a known problem and could happen again. The computer is still not right and considered unreliable. In addition they were unable to load all programs that were loaded at the time of purchase. They would not let me return for refund or replacement even though it was less than 30 days. They offered a refurbished replacement. I did not purchase a refurbished computer. I have spent hours upon hours with messages and emails and calls since September. They are a worthless unethical commercial any and I have a piece of junk sitting here. Almost 600 $ down the drain.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

In November of 2017 I purchased a set of Bose Companion Speakers from Dell for my desktop, and after 3 weeks they stopped working. I called Dell and explained to them what had happened and the person that I spoke with informed me that There was nothing that they would do for me that I would have to contact Bose. I said, "But I purchased them from Dell." At which time I was again told to contact Bose. What kind of service is this. You buy something from them and they will not replace the item. All they would do was up my credit limit. This was the 3rd item that I have bought from them and it will be my last. All I can say is STAY AWAY FROM ORDERING FROM DELL ONLINE. NOT WORTH THE HASSLES.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

When I received my XPS 13" i7 eight generation computer, I could not get the computer to work with my printer. I initially thought it was the printer, so I switched out the printer and it still would not work. I called Dell support and they were terrible. They wanted to charge me $129 for helping me out. After I complained they said it was a Windows problem and fixed it. I spent $1700 on this computer and will never again buy from Dell. I recommend you consider this prior to purchasing from Dell.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I bought a $2,000 computer. Went to make my first payment and they took my money out of my account but never credited my payment. Their billing department can't find it but my bank can confirm that it's withdrawn from my account over a month ago. The payment posted to my Dell account as a "credit". After faxing a copy of my statement and explaining the situation a dozen times to a dozen representatives in a dozen departments I'm left with a payment that can't be disputed at my bank and has left me with a missed payment and a late fee.

They have customer service reps that answer with simply "Hello?" And one even gave me a false fax number after confirming the number with the current agent several times. I went to fax the document, found out that was the wrong number, had to pay to fax it again to the proper number I got from a different agent. Absolutely horrible. Worst experience with a large corporation I've ever had. I will be returning the pc. In the end they have $103.38 of mine, confirmed by my bank account, without giving me credit for it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Seems to be a common theme here - call customer support and endlessly get transferred from one person to another (who cannot speak proper English); or, stuck in an automated voice tree forever; or have your call dropped multiple times. I ordered an XPS Tower (and two 27" FHD monitors) on December 9th, 2017. I received the monitors promptly and was informed that my XPS tower will arrive on December 22nd (ok, I'm fine with that). Then on December 20th I receive an email from Dell that my order for the tower will be delayed and arrive after the 26th (again, I'm fine with that). December 22nd arrives (the original delivery date) I get another email from Dell informing me that my order has been canceled and to please call Dell to "re-book" my order (first of all re-book applies to the travel and hospitality industry) and I they will compensate me for the trouble it has caused.

So I call and nearly 2.5 hours later nothing has been resolved. I was transferred 16+ times and dropped 4 times. Always transferring me to the "resolution" team (what a joke!). No one could resolve anything. Most annoyingly was speaking to persons who cannot speak in clear English and if they could understand your issues they would repeat from the same script, the same sentences in the same manner over and over until they transferred you to someone else, or get dropped, or get sent to voice automation hell.

On call 15 I finally reached someone who was helpful. This person said the reason why my order was canceled was the chassis (the XPS tower case itself was discontinued - so why not replace to case with another case - not rocket science here folks!). He said that I would need to cancel my current order (didn't they do that already?) and he would help me set up the configuration. I told that my email indicated that I would be compensated and what would that mean. He said I could upgrade my processor (7th Generation I7 Core) and/or (pay attention to those proceeding words) upgrade my memory (sounds good) and stick to the original cost I paid. He put me hold to configure the system but guess what I was dropped (AGAIN!).

Two calls later I reach another gentleman "who wanted to help" but said they cannot compensate me for my trouble. He try to configure as close as possible but there is no guarantees on honoring the original cost (the system I ordered was at a great discount). And in a smug manner told me that "compensate" does not mean upgrading your system but rather it mean "a refund". What planet is this guy from? Words have meaning (don't they?) a refund means to return the cost to my account and "compensate" means to make good or whole on the original order in addition to added extra value (the previous person defined "compensate" by telling me I could upgrade the system - I only wanted to know what it meant).

And to add insult to injury the latter person says to me that, "Dell reserves the right to cancel orders, anytime (TWO WEEKS LATER AFTER THE ORDER WAS PLACED!). So this guy continued to upsell me and when I told "this conversation is over" he kept talking and talking after repeatly telling I want to end this call and would no longer purchase anything from Dell, and cancel my account with them. I hung up. On Saturday, December 23rd I wrote a letter to Dell detailing my interactions with their "customer support" and "resolution team". I reminded them I've been a customer of theirs since the mid 1980's and remember how great were back then and to see them to dissolve into a useless company. All I wanted was a new computer but not wanting to spend more than my original order.

I sent via postal service 4 copies of the letter to the CEO, Board of Directors, Corporate Management and Customer Support. I promptly received a call from customer support Wednesday, December 26th in the evening. Dell wanted to help me resolve my order. This person presented me with two choices: 1) he would try to match the specifications of the original order and at the same original price point or 2) I could order a new system at its current list price. I opted for #1. So we compared apples to oranges. As we walked through each specification I bumped my processor to a 8th Generation i7 Core, 8GB memory to 16GB memory, and 2GB video to 4GB video memory (sound sweet). And it was at this pointed I said to him "and this is at the same cost I originally spent". No - he couldn't do that - I would need to spend more. Once again, THE UPSELL!

So, I told I am not interest and would like to end the call. And once again he kept talking saying I could do this for you or that for you and I told him I'm not interested and would no longer be a Dell customer, and hung up. It's now December 28th and early this morning Dell sends me yet another email with the configuration I went over with yesterday customer support call, at an elevated price and would only honor that price until the first week of January (are you kidding me - to be that condescending to a customer). Thanks but no thanks. This particular issue is one of many I have had over the past five years with Dell and no longer will I be treated this way. I know I am just a single customer but a customer nonetheless. All I wanted was a new computer and a cost I budgeted for (not to be upsold and made to feel that I should be thankful to the benevolence of Dell's kind gesture). I have ten fingers. Subtract eight. Now, do the math!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Would counsel you to consider not buying from Dell; too mercenary. Bought laptop which has had a couple of small issues. Laptop is now out of warranty. Dell distributed new video driver which is causing problems but refuses to fix what they distributed without service contract. In effect, they refuse to take responsibility without payment for problems they cause.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Horrible customer service. I bought my daughter a Dell computer online. I received an email stating the computer I had purchased wouldn’t be shipped until after the date I needed it by! So I contacted customer service to cancel my order. Three days later I checked my account and the purchased price was withdrawn from checking account. I contacted the customer service whom told me the best they could do was wait till I received it and send it back. Well after 7 different phone calls 4 of which I was hung up on I still got nowhere.

So I went on FedEx to track my package and it stated the shipper had requested it be sent back. Which they have received 5 days ago. I still do not have my refund. Contacted customer service via email cause that’s the only way you can get through to any customer service reps at Dell! He stated to me that it would take 8-10 business days for a refund! Worst experience I’ve ever had. Never will buy Dell! Discourage all my friends from dealing with dell. Customer service reps are extremely hard to understand and very rude! Horrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I am a business that orders Dell for many of the employees here. Anytime I have to get a case, place a call to "customer service" or attempt to get technical support it is transfer upon transfer upon transfer and that this department can't help you over and over again. I was missing my MS Office license Key. A chat session, an email, and now on the 2nd phone call, I am transferred YET AGAIN and still waiting. The first phone call was 15 minutes of being transferred over and over again. Then I was told to call a different number, and now I am on minute 25 and transferred three times so far. Waiting for the next person as I am on hold and feel this can't be the way business is done. You have to get better, because I can't and won't continue to work around this obstacle. It's past ridiculous. Do better.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

A member of my family ordered 2 Dell laptops for an amazing deal around the 1st week of December and she received an e-mail stating that the laptops will arrive by 12-15-2017. It is December 23, 2017 and the laptops still have not arrived. A call was made to Dell and they pretty much told my sister that there was nothing they could do and they would get the laptops to her by January 15, 2017. This is not acceptable because Christmas is less than 2 days away and the kids will not receive their presents. Thanks Dell for really caring.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I had an issue with my ordered laptop. Missing software. When I ordered it, I had also paid for the 36 month subscription at a discounted rate to McAfee LiveSafe. This was not on the PC when it arrived, so I had to go to customer service. First I went the old-school route of calling in, but after 30 minutes on the phone and multiple back-and-forth transfers between departments and inevitably being lost in one of those transfers, I decided to hang up and try something else. I then did the online chat option, and the person Daniel I ended up receiving help from did everything he could to get the issue resolved quickly and with little assistance from me. Go to online chat, it is virtual pain free in comparison to the hell that the phone lines can be.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Dell is so bad. I'll try and not swear in this description because I'm not sure what could happen. But anyways, I ordered a product from Dell (Razer Orbweaver) for myself because I thought that it was something that I thought would be useful for me, but I soon come to find out that my package has not arrived on the date that was estimated (December 21st 2017). So as a response to this, I checked my emails to see if they have updated anything, my email account is unchanged. I followed the link back to Dell's website and I find out that the updated date has been pushed back to the 26th of February 2018 so after this I try and cancel my order because if I can't cancel this I will have lost $215, so screw that. THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN WITH ANY COMPANY THAT IS ANYWHERE NEAR THE SIZE OF DELL. P.S. My access to their website is denied through all links.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

On December 17, 2017, Dell sent out a notice for a required BIOS update. After doing so, the computer began to function slowly, then it did not want to shut down. The next day the computer booted to a blank screen. Running a diagnostics test indicated it could not find the hard drive. We called Dell, who refused to acknowledge their update broke the computer, but they did offer to let us pay for a new hard drive. Customer support was nice but useless in this situation, and the supervisor, Dan, did nothing to try to rectify this situation, of their own creation, to make us happy customers. Instead, I am now posting my complaint so others may learn from our situation and be wary of this company. On looking at their boards, this is not the first time something like this has happened with one of their updates. I have learned my lesson and will never buy another Dell again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Placed order 07 December with delivery on or before 20 December (today). Checked status and for several days it has stated "shipped 15 December." The FedEx site states that only a shipping label was created on that date. When I called Dell they admitted nothing has been handed over to FedEx - only a shipping label has been created. Dell Customer Service stated today will arrive by 22 December. If it does not arrive on that date I will promptly return it. Only reason I settled for a Dell was because HP did not lie and stated upfront they couldn't get it to me by 20 December.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

This is a long story: I ordered a laptop on 12/11/17 that was supposed to be delivered on 12/19/17 for a Christmas present. When the laptop did not arrive on 12/19, I called customer service to ask about it. I was told a "hold" had been placed on my order. The Customer Service rep could not tell me what the hold was for, or why no one had contacted me either via phone or email to advise me of the hold. He wanted me to wait 24 hours for an email that would answer this question. I asked him to transfer me to someone who could answer my questions. He put me on hold three times to "check on that," and came back each time to say the exact same words, "I have accelerated this up to the investigative team, and they will give you an email in 24 hours." When I asked him why he was putting me on hold just to come back and say the same exact words, he transferred me to a computer options tree.

I called back and spoke to another CS rep who put me through to their "reconfiguration department (??!)" This woman told me the hold was placed on my order because I had not marked the box "not shipping out of country" when I ordered the computer. I told her there was no such box for me to mark, and she became angry and insisted there was. While I was still on the phone with her, I went to the Dell website and ordered a random computer to get to the checkout. I verified there was no box to mark and asked to speak to her manager. She hung up on me. (I cancelled the order on the random computer.)

I called back and spoke to another CS rep, who was very apologetic and confirmed that there was no "out of country" box on the order form and transferred me to another manager, who wanted to route me back to the "reconfiguration department." Eventually, after I had spent almost two hours on the phone, had spoken to 8 different people and random computer tree options, I finally spoke with a manager who seemed to understand the issue. He confirmed that the error was on their side. However, they had no laptops in stock to ship me one to arrive before Christmas. Therefore, I was going to have to re-order and wait until 1/8/2018 while they made me one. OR!! They found one finished laptop they could mail to me immediately, and it was only going to cost me $80 more!!

I was extremely upset and told the manager that I felt this was a bait and switch tactic. He told me my only options were to consent to the re-order, which would place the laptop in somewhere around January 8, or "upgrade" to a better laptop that they had in stock and pay the difference. At this point, I cancelled all orders with them and hung up. I will not buy through them again.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I placed an order on December 11, with an estimated arrival date of December 13. On December 18, my order had still not been processed. On December 19, after 2 extended chat sessions and 8 phone calls being transferred to hold numerous times, I was told my order now had a January arrival date. This was ordered as a Christmas gift, so I asked them to cancel the order. I was then told that the order could not be cancelled at that time, and I would need to call back in 4 hours. After being transferred several more times, the order was finally cancelled. Dell has lost a long time customer.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

During the 11/11 sale I was going to purchase an Alienware PC. Roughly $1,800.00. I could have easily purchased it from Best Buy, same model and price, but they did not have the sale which was only slightly less. So I said to myself “Why not?” I proceeded to apply for a financing account because of the reward program and the flexibility to pay over an 18 month period interest free. I submitted my application and was told there was an issue with my application and that I would be mailed a letter. I do not know what that issue was… There should not have been any, so I waited for this letter.

Well over a week goes by, I believe this was around the Black Friday deals, and the letter finally arrives. It isn’t a letter stating that I was declined for any particular reason. It is a letter with all of my new account info stating that my account has been opened and my account number and credit limit… I was very confused, but figured that now would be a great time to look into the Black Friday deals and possibly pick up the PC… Well I couldn’t because my account was blocked. I had no idea what that meant but being that I was going to miss another sale I was upset. I had emailed inquiring about the issue and said to just close my account due to the reasons listed above. I was told to confirm via email if I was sure I wanted to close my account as it is irreversible.

I did not respond as I took a few days to cool off. I did not like having such a hard time trying to give you money for a product. It boggles my mind. But I told myself to cool off, and try again later. I called today to unblock my account. I spoke with a woman who read me the terms of service which she said was needed to activate the account (so at this point my account is apparently not opened). She places me on hold twice for 10-15 mins each time, and then tells me that she will be transferring me to someone else. He reads me the terms of service again and places me on hold for another 15 minutes. At this point I have no idea who I am speaking with… No idea if I am even speaking with a Dell rep and felt uncomfortable. I told him I no longer wanted account and he was more than happy to cancel the account. Way too happy.

I call back, because I still was not sure if I was speaking to a Dell rep, and the rep “Charles” I spoke with was unsure if I wanted my account open or closed. I told him I wanted my account closed in full. He could/would not offer me a reference/confirmation number for our exchange. He told me that I would have to wait 30-45 day to receive a confirmation once Dell reports my account to the credit bureaus… So now I have no idea what the status of my account actually is. I have no idea if I can trust him. He was very rude when I was asking for confirmation and all he could reply with is “uh huh yea.” That is not a response. I was not asking a yes or no question.

I am unsure how or why my account is being reported to the credit bureaus if my account was never actually activated and opened. But that’s fine. It won’t affect me much either way (hopefully). I just want to be sure my account is closed. In these times where all of these banks and credit bureaus are being hacked, you would think financial institutions/retailers offering financial services would be more transparent with how they handle their clients accounts. I have never had an issue with an account at any other retailer like this.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I will NEVER buy a Dell Computer again. Their customer service is terrible. I missed a class to order two computers during Cyber Monday. I was told they would arrive Thursday. When they did not, I went back to that email. Clicked on Order Status and read that there was a problem with the payment. I never received an email from Dell telling me this. I called the customer service number provided and spent the next two hours being shuttled from one division to another (with 20 minute wait times each time I was transferred).

Some people told me it was on hold and once the payment problem was resolved it would be sent, then I was transferred to someone else who told me it had been cancelled and I'd have to reorder and no, I wouldn't get the discount I had stayed home to get. But no one could tell me why payment had been denied. I called my credit card company who told me they had approved the payment but then Dell denied it. No one in any department at Dell could tell me why and they kept transferring back and forth. Never, ever buy from them. I am completely disgusted.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I ordered a VR headset bundle that they said was in stock on Black Friday. Because it was Dell, I thought they had a good reputation. Was I wrong! The website said it was in stock, so I ordered it bypassing other opportunities to get it elsewhere for the same price. They said I'd receive it by Dec 6. Then I got an email saying it would be delayed to the 15th. Then, I get another email saying it was further delayed to the 26th!!! After Christmas. Their only solution: Cancel the order or wait. My sense is they suckered me into buying one thing then offer me something else they do have in stock. Never buy from Dell. No wonder they are failing. Buy Apple or any other brand. Apple has way better customer service and resolves your issues. They don't give you the runaround. Save your time and get an Apple product.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I had a computer financed with Dell Financial Services 9-10 years ago and raved about them. I felt they went way over and above. Loved the service, product, convenience, and security. I could not have been happier. I paid cash for my last system but decided I would finance this time around. I had a great experience the first time so why go elsewhere. I cannot believe this is the same company. I am disgusted with everything I have experienced so far. My system is fine. Love it. But the service and quality of help is terrible. Went from being my greatest hero to a big fat ZERO. Their product could be wrapped in gold and jewels and I will never patronize Michael Dell again. As my least favorite person alive would say, "sad".

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Slowest, most confusing photos ever! Don't know this company got so big with such CRAP computers! My last update wiped out my video's folder and all the videos in it! It duplicates pictures several times??? And it also DELETES PICTURES all by itself! Has costed me money on my business! DO NOT EVER BUY A DELL COMPUTER!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Don't send your computer to tech support in Texas unless you want it gone for 3 weeks and going on to 4th week. I was informed that I could have my Dell laptop repaired at Tech support in Texas and have it back in 5-7 days if it was expedited or 7-10 days if regular. No phone calls have been received from tech support. I have called them every 2 days. I tracked its arrival at factory for Tuesday and when no call was received on Friday I called them. I then paid for some repairs. I then call on the following Tuesday and they said it was being mailed back to me.

I have called every two days after that for 2 weeks after that first week and been told it is being mailed to me. I have still not received it and been told the same thing. The tech support have still not made any effort to contact me and inform me of any delays. They then asked if I wanted to pay extra for warranty. Definitely not. Who knows how long they will keep my computer.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I saved up for this Dell laptop. At first, there were some minor issues (loud fan, heating up, crashed twice or thrice), and 3 months in it crashed every 20 minutes and became unusable. Since October (it is now December) I have been talking with Dell tech support EVERY SINGLE DAY. I sent the laptop for repair at their depot and had an on-site tech. The next day, there was a loud "pop" sound, screen froze, and now it won't boot up past the Dell logo or troubleshoot page. Says "Cannot repair your PC." I have asked for a replacement but I want a refund.

I keep getting "robots" who say "let us fix this" but nothing is fixed. It's worse every time. I just want Dell to stand behind its products. Make a working machine or replace/refund. I paid $838.49. This is nothing to Dell but it is a lot to my family. I am a student and have been unable to use the computer at all - hindering me and causing me endless stress. I am so frustrated. I wish Dell would have some compassion. What bothers me more is that they took my money and gave me a DEFECTIVE product. That is called SCAMMING. Thieving, almost.

Dell Customer Service Company Information

Dell
Round Rock
TX
www.dell.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use