Dell Customer Service

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My computer stopped working after FIVE WEEKS, and they sent someone to my house to fix it. He was sent the wrong parts for my computer, so he left, and I proceeded to spend an hour on the phone with a man who tricked me into going through 30 minutes of software procedures even though I was very clear that the problem was with my hardware because he was trying to sell me software insurance! It was absurd! I had to be RUDE so that he would finally stop the tests, which I didn't want to do, and then he put me on hold for over 15 minutes and then gave me TWO MORE NUMBERS to call! No one else I spoke to spoke enough English to understand or help me until I spoke with someone who informed me that they had been giving me the wrong insurance information the entire time, and that I would actually have to send my laptop in for repairs. I do NOT trust them to fix it and I will NEVER be buying a Dell product again. Unacceptable.

I called because I need a new keyboard for my desktop. Agents could not answer my question about replacement and I was switched to up to 5-6 people and none could answer a simple question. I am seriously upset and will be buying a HP! Poorest service ever!!!

I contacted Dell 31 days after the purchase of an Inspiron 13 2-in-1 Laptop. It had several problems with the cursor and touchscreen and sound which would occur randomly and intermittently. 6 months later, after working with I believe 3 technicians, returning it for repair twice and having a local repair person sent to my home twice, Dell will not replace what is obviously a "lemon". I have spent hours dealing with technicians, repairmen, the "escalation representative". And weeks without my computer which I need for my work.

Dell refuses to replace the computer. What kind of customer service is that? It is terrible customer service. Dell should be ashamed of themselves. They have probably already spent the cost of the computer trying to fix it, and in the process, they have a customer who will NEVER recommend them. Their "escalation man" told me it would do no good to try to contact anyone at Dell... It would just be sent back to him, and Dell has a policy to never replace a computer after 31 days. I have lost $700, plus work time lost, and I have no reliable computer. Dell does not care about anyone but Dell. Hope they enjoy the $635 for nothing.

Dealing with Dell customer service should be classified as cruel and unusual punishment. I ordered some graphics cards from Dell. On 6/8, the day AFTER they were supposed to arrive, I called Dell to ask where they were. After holding for about 5 minutes the operator came back and told me that they weren't in stock anymore. I told them that it shouldn't matter if they are in stock NOW, because I ordered them the week before when they were in stock, paid an extra $50 for expedited shipping, and they were already supposed to have been delivered. I continued to hold while he said he would look into it. 15 minutes later he comes back and says. "Our mistake, your order will arrive on 7/11."

I said that I had a confirmation with a delivery date for 6/7, so why would it take an extra month? He seemed very annoyed and said "OK, we will have it to you 6/11." I thanked him but it seemed really odd the way he changed his mind so quickly so I asked him to send me a confirmation email that clearly stated a delivery date of 6/11. Instead I received an email that said they would ship the item as soon as they had more in stock. I called them back right away the next day to get clarification. I spent 3 hours on the phone with no less then 12 different Dell anti-customer support techs. Somehow I managed not to yell or get angry sounding with them, because I know that then they feel justified in not helping you. Still, they mysteriously dropped my call 4 times before my last call, when I was sent to a lady whose primary job is to endlessly place me on hold for 5 to 10 minute intervals in an effort to get me to hang up.

After about 20 minutes of this game I asked WHY I was being placed on hold. She replied that she was "checking on the status of my order." I told her I knew the status, but needed to talk to someone in Order modification. She asked if I would hold, and when I said no, placed me on hold for another 10 minutes anyway. When she got back on the line I asked why she placed me on hold. She told me that she was "checking on the status of my order". I laughed and asked "So, is this your job? Just to keep people on hold until they hang up on you?" After I said that, she hung up on me. Now every time I call back my call is mysteriously dropped right after I enter my order number in the automated system. WORST. COMPANY. EVER.

Worst customer service and technical support!!! Our company ordered 3 laptop Inspiron 15 5000 Series. One is not working. So I called 18006249897 for technical support. The guy picked up the phone is nice, but asked bunch of unrelated question, until we could talk about replacement. And he let me wait for a bit and come back saying that it will take him 24-48 hours to apply for a replacement, but if he transfer me to customer care they would be able to help me with replacement right away. He sounds like it's easy. Ok, why not.

So I've been transferred to customer care. The other guy told me he can't help because it's technical problem and transferred me to technical support!!!! I complained that I just talked to technical support, but he total ignore me and transferred me anyway without my agreement. This guy doesn't even know Ontario, CA is part of United States!! He said it's Canada. I ended up waiting on the phone and been transferred back and forth. Such a terrible experience. Their online chat doesn't work well too. You click the chat button, nothing comes out! The worst experience. Can't believe Dell such a big company, but such a bad customer care! Please improve your service!!!! Don't even want to give One star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell ?

I purchased a $3000.00 laptop and dual monitors at the end of March. One of the monitors did not work… I tried to get a replacement, but your staff was unable to replace it. They provided me with an option to replace the monitors with 2 different monitors to match… I wasn’t happy with this but I understand sometimes suppliers cannot always meet demand and the alternative met my needs. I have since been contacted from your staff that is poorly versed in American English that I can barely understand saying that they are unable to exchange the 2 monitors.

Over several weeks they have called back saying they are working on it… They now tell me that they can’t perform the exchange due to my address that they sent my original order to is an invalid address. They prefer to provide me a full refund, and have me re-order than to fix the problem… The only thing about this that has been good is they have kept me informed… Unfortunately every time I have been called I have been told how my original order is unable to be filled to my satisfaction. This is not the only time I have been unsatisfied… I recently had to have service performed on a server and it took months to get a resolution due to a raid drive failure.

At this point I cannot continue to recommend Dell to use at my company or to anyone I have dealings with. There has been a significant deterioration in service and since I am dependent on these machines for my livelihood I cannot continue to have undependable products or service because I won’t be able to service my customers.

We have used Dell for our office's desktops and laptops for years -- until today. Luckily, I am in charge of selecting new computers across the board this month -bye bye, Dell. Our president damaged his laptop and we sought to replace it ASAP. Ordered it online, completed payment with no difficulties and requested repeatedly expedited shipping with multiple phone calls. No help. Laptop supposed to arrive between today and early next week.

Today, at the end of the day, we received an email that said it was the second email (no first email) and final email before our order was canceled, due to security issues. Please call them. Called immediately. They were gone until Monday, by which time our order would be cancelled. Bank tells us that Dell has received our funds without question. No money. No laptop. No more Dell ever in any of our offices.

I purchased a Dell laptop and a three year tech support extended warranty. I have had nothing but "lip service" from the people who troubleshoot these computers. They have several times, taken control of the computer, and I have spent many hours (20+) on the phone with them to try to fix my Dell laptop. The service rep changed a lot of things, tried for hours to repair the issue, and never resolved the issue.

After calling another few times, I finally got a supervisor in India who tried to work with me to fix the issue, he could not. Now, two months later, they asked me to send the computer to the factory in Texas for repair. I do so, and when it returned 14 days later, I had the same problem. It was not repaired properly! What else can I say??? This is not an isolated incident. I have experienced this non customer service several time over the year... and all I get from the higher ups at Dell is, "We will make a note of this, and it will not happen again". By personal experience, I am no longer a believer.

Their equipment is horrible so no doubt at some point you will need to call them back. When you make that call, brace yourself. They have the very worst service. At one point, the woman hung up the phone. When I attempted to call back, I got the same woman. She hung up again. I wrote in a complaint and no one ever acknowledged my complaint. To say the least, I have had to throw away a 1 year old laptop because it is simply worthless. Save yourself the trouble and run to buy something else. I loved the convenience and the credit so I thought it was a great deal. However, don't do it!!! They should be out of business they are so bad!!!

I bought a Alienware Aurora in Jan of this year. 4 days out of the box I was having performance issues and lag as well as not being able to post to Facebook (I am a social media manager). The only way I could fix it was to manually reset my computer. Faster forward to today. Now Dell is telling me that it is a software problem and that since it is a software and not a hardware problem that I will have to pay them to fix my computer. My problem is this. I have had this problem since I took it out of the box. Dell sent me a defective computer and to fix the broken computer they sent me they want more money. Is this a scam?? I would only expect that they would replace it since it was broken from the start. I am going to buy a new laptop. You will be for sure it is not from Dell. I would stay away.

I purchased a Dell laptop in Feb. After waiting two weeks, I contacted Dell to see why the order status had not been updated. I was told the order had been cancelled due to a credit card fraud issue with our account. I then ordered a new laptop that was delivered quickly. Two months later, the original "cancelled" laptop appeared at my door. Then, I ordered toner for my printer. Three weeks later, the toner is not here.

I spoke with a customer service rep and was told there was a problem. This order was also cancelled for a reason he could not/would not describe. I was asked to repeat the very order they were cancelling and that they would send it with a discount. Two days later, the new order of toner has still not shipped. None of this makes sense. It appears that Dell has assumed no one will buy anywhere else regardless of how poorly they treat the customer. Their word obviously means nothing as they ship orders two months later that they claimed to have cancelled. They also cannot get toner out of their door in three weeks and again in days. Staples could have had the toner here the next day. My next laptop will be HP and Staples, not Dell, will get all of my accessory orders. My business has purchased nothing but Dell for 22 years. That ended now as Dell has sunk to an all-time low and does not seem to care.

If you purchase warranties they refuse to provide warranty HARD documents in the mail for your home reference. Today's date: 5/23/17. I have 2 emails from Dell VERIFYING my 3 warranties coverage until May 2019. Despite this they refuse to do any warranty work. On SEVERAL tele calls their Warranty Dept VERIFIED my warranties; they then changed the info when push went to shove. This is not the first trick Dell pulls. Every time on every issue Dell will back out or change their terms. I am too old and ill to "pick this battle to fight" so I just want to warn any future potential Dell customers. Run from them.

I submitted a request in Dell customer care for my laptop issue. I got a call from (**) in 22/05 that my laptop will repair tomorrow (23/05) at 16:00. Please be available. I taken a leave from my office. Today I called (23/05) at customer care (1800 425 2067). Mr. ** was speaking with me. He was told me my laptop will not repair. These guys are making customers fool only. Please give me a satisfied answer and please repair my laptop.

Received my new Alienware laptop with the left speaker not working. After doing some research on online forums this was a fairly common problem going back several years. I ran through the online diagnostics which were all super general and none of which were tailored to issues with the audio system. Ok no problem. I called customer support and they had me run several diagnostics which did not even test the audio system. The conclusion was I needed to send the brand new laptop back to the factory for testing. Where is the quality control testing for a known problem. I knew Dell was in decline, but I had hoped the Alienware line still remained decent. 0/10 would not recommend.

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15" laptop on August, 2015. At the same time I purchased the laptop, I purchased anti-virus software that was recommended to me by Dell. I had issues with my new laptop as soon as I brought it home which resulted in having to mail it back to Dell 3 separate times in order for them to get the camera to work. Additionally, Dell had to send technicians to my house twice to repair the hard drive and the keyboard all within the first months of purchasing it. After all this, and some help from a family member, the computer was functional for approximately one year. Two weeks ago, my computer generated a message asking me to delete the anti-virus program that I was advised to purchase when I bought the computer. Eventhough I clicked on NO and then hit the cancel button several times, my computer subsequently froze and stopped working.

I immediately emailed Dell customer service and provided them with everything they requested (the order #, etc.) After no response to my email, I followed up with a phone call and spoke with a customer service rep, Michael, who assured me he would call me back with a resolution. After waiting several days for him to get back to me he called and said he couldn't help me. He informed me that eventhough I had purchased anti-virus software recommended to me by Dell AND that Dell had installed it on the computer, I would need to pay an additional $239.99 for him to reinstall it, but that in doing so, I would get another 5 years of the anti-virus protection. I advised Michael that this was unacceptable. I did not want nor did I need 5 additional years of protection because my coverage was still very much current and should have been so until August 2018.

At this point, the Dell representative advised me that these issues must be addressed by the anti-virus software company (the same one that was recommended to me and sold to me by Dell, installed by Dell). I reached out to this company, Oilii System Mechanics, and they advised me that Dell is responsible. Both companies agree that I should have coverage, but neither company is willing to take responsibility and replace what I have purchased on my machine, after my computer deleted the software. I am unable to use my computer and have been unable to use it for several weeks now. This is unacceptable. I am extremely disappointed in Dell's poor customer service. I have waited far too long for a response and a resolution.

Both Dell and Oilii agree that I have purchased the coverage and deserve a functional computer, but neither is willing to make this happen for me? I place the responsibility on Dell. I purchased the computer from Dell, Dell recommended the anti-virus package, sold me the package, INSTALLED the package. Dell is to blame and Dell needs to resolve this issue for me.

Purchased a new Dell laptop from QVC, paid in full. This was to be our photo storage computer. This was not an internet computer, was hardly ever used. One day we opened it and there was an error message that the hard drive had failed. A new computer. We were unable to use the computer or save the files. The cost of recovering the data is $500 to $1300. Dell charged me $160.00 to replace the junk hard drive and tried to sell me another service contract for $200, but said they cant help me with my photos. This is a junk company and they are selling junk to us through a junk pedaling sales TV sales group. QVC. I have no recourse except to pay again. This is just not correct. I'm a veteran and senior citizen. And this is not right. But who cares right???

I began as a Dell customer over a decade ago. Once upon a time, you could actually reach someone and get help when your computer malfunctioned. Once the warranty runs out, you're on your own to view blogs, trial and error. Following the latest Dell initiated update, my computer's sound no longer will function. I updated a driver, at a $9.99 subscription which I will cancel since it didn't solve my problem. So I have a computer with no sound, hard to do professional development and interviews that way, and no customer service to be found. Facebook contact, but who knows when that will be answered. This will be my last Dell. At least I know Apple has customer service at their stores.

After having my Dell 2 in 1 for 9 months it stopped charging and the mouse stopped working. I called the warranty department and was quickly sent a box to send it to the technical support department. Later I found out that it was India that working on my computer and giving the customer service to me. Yes, I live in the USA.

The week after sending my unit in, I was notified that the warranty would not be honored because I was using a universal charger instead of a Dell charger. After hours on the phone arguing with technical support every day for the next week, I finally wrote an email to the corporate office in Texas. The individual on the phone from Texas took a few days to look into the situation and eventually I did get the unit repaired at no charge to me.

The next week I did receive the unit back WITHOUT the charger. Every call to customer service argued on end, saying that they did send my charger back. I finally emailed the agent in Texas again and again, he took several days to "check into the problem". He eventually mailed me a charger and made it clear that the warranty would be voided and they would no longer assume any responsibility for my 2 in 1's ability to function.

I have had my unit back for 3 months now and the charging is malfunctioning again. I have not contacted Dell in regards to the problem reoccurring because I don't see them as being any help at all. If you are reading reviews to decide rather or not to buy a Dell System. Let me make this easy on you. Save your money unless you are willing to purchase a new one every few months.

I ordered a Dell Inspiron 1500 in November of 2015. In that time, it has spent 8 months in the repair center or in transit to the repair center. I finally got it back January of this year and of course it broke again... for the same problem it had already been sent in to be fixed. When I spoke with the customer service representatives they were nice enough to tell me that they wouldn't help me unless I spend more money on an extended warranty.

It's ridiculous to spend so much money on a laptop expecting to use it for at least a couple years, only to get a few months of use. I expected better from a company like DELL. I suppose everyone's right, DELL does not have any concern for the individual nor the equipment they sell to the average customer. At least DELL could have equipment for their representatives so callers can hear them. I spent over half of my conversations telling them to speak up... I could not hear them.

Maybe Michael Dell doesn't care about the retail customers, but why they are continuing to make the new laptop to impress us? My experience is so so awful since 2010, and my recent Dell online purchasing and shipment is even a joke. I ordered the XPS 13 on April 5th and order status shows the shipment should arrive around the same month of 21st. Ok, I patiently wait until 23 to check online status, it shows the estimate arrive date becomes June 2nd, 2017, OHHH YES, MAMA! (The order will take 2 months to arrive my door, seriously DELL).

I called Dell and they told me they will get back to me within 72 hours, and they do call me back within 24 hours which impress me and told me the shipment is on the way and shipping label be created... and after one week, I still don't see my laptop and order status didn't since 24th and it has been a week already... I had to call them again to check the status, after a whole bunch of apologies and promise me the order should arrive within 3-5 business days. Guys, I don't know if I can continue to spend time and energy on this nonsense service and it will be my last order from Dell. I bet Dell will go out of business very soon. At least in the retail PC/LAPTOP sector.

I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series computer with a black spot to the right-hand bottom corner, which grew over time overtaking the screen. I called Dell and had to speak to employees in the Philippines - an Arnold with the #** and his supervisor Brian #** - who both assured me I cannot get any customer service from anyone in the United States and my 30-day warranty is over. I work from my computer and they want me to ship the computer to Texas for repair for 7 - 10 days. I just bought this computer and have a year warranty; which they are stating that I have no other choice but to send it to Texas.

Apart from that they troubleshoot the computer and stated to me that it's something to do with the system causing the computer screen to go dark. Then they are saying to me there is one option that I can have since I work from home is to pay for in-service. I clearly stated this is why I bought a brand new computer that I won't have to go through this problem. This is after spending close to an hour on the phone... So to no avail, nothing was resolve. So am let paying for a so called new computer that the screen is almost black.

On 4-21-17 my Citi credit card was charged $59.00 for a yearly service contract. On 4-28-17 Dell Computers placed a pending charge against my Citi card for another $59.00. I guess the folks at Dell thought I would not catch this pending charge. In not having a good feeling about things I cancelled the service contract paid for on 4-21-17 on 5-1-17. We shall see if I get a credit for $59.00 for the cancelled order in 3 to 5 days as promised by Dell representatives. In the meantime working with Citi customer service I was able to get the $59.00 pending charge of 4-28-17 removed from my Citi account. Thank God it had not moved to an actual charge. It is quite unlikely I will do any more purchases either for hardware or service contracts with Dell. Buyer beware!!

Horrible experience in 1) trying to understand a strong foreign accent, 2) no customer care perspective whatsoever, 3) terrible product quality. I purchase and paid with good $US for a XPS 13 2 in 1 which I received in December 2016. In mid-April 2017 while on my lap, the XPS got hot and smoke came out of the USB ports. I quickly took it outside in case it was to start fire or blow up. After cooling down I was able to use it on AC but not DC. Called Dell with my more horrible experience began. After a couple of hour and opening the device to remove the battery (on their instructions) they finally recognized that I was right. Said 7-12 days depot repair and would tell me how to send it. After lots of email telling me how valuable I was and problem is being worked I got a call on 4/27 saying battery was on back order with no ETA. I blew up! On 4/29 I get a message battery is expected 4/28!!! Ok, calm down.

Today I get a call saying battery on back order with estimated 5/12 date. No clear time again. IF 5/12 is real then I'm without my NEW Dell for over a month. Dell will not extend my warranty, Dell will not expedite repair, Dell will not return my $$ nor send a new unit. The agent REFUSED my request to speak with management. I have my own tech support company and owned Dell, referred customers to Dell and never had a problem. We are now officially DIVORCED less than amicably and will never recommend but will heartily disparage Dell. Sad fall from being an exceptional company to the now the dregs.

I bought a $700 desktop touch all in one Dell computer. I was mislead because in the description it said TOUCH All-In-One so I thought it was a touch screen. LIE!!! After two years all of a sudden something is wrong with my software so they say. The Dell computer company is a ripoff! I spend $700 on a desktop not including the warranty. Then I call, two years later, Dell tech support and they wanted to charge me $89 just to talk to me over the phone and tell me what I needed to do to make my computer reboot successfully. Yet remind you that I am the one doing the labor. They know their products are not going to break down in just a year. So once your warranty go out you are screwed.

I bought and paid for a brand new Inspiron 15, 7000 Series Laptop and what I received was a refurbished computer right out of the box. I did not realize it until I had to send it back to Dell when the computer died completely two months after I bought it. I had to send it back to Dell three times for service. I have owned this computer for 7 months, and I have only had it working for a grand total of six weeks. Dell has replaced every major component: AC adapter, power supply, motherboard, LCD cable, camera, hard drive, and more.

What is worse, they send it back with other defects than what you return the computer for, they return it without drivers or outdated drivers, and many other poor quality issues that are too many to enumerate. It is a shame that an American company farms out their Customer Service Department to India, where we can not understand what they say, they are very impolite, and not very trained.

This is the last Dell computer I will ever buy in my life either for home or for my business. When I complained to the Customer Service that the computer they had sold me was not a brand new computer and I wanted it replaced for what I had paid, they had the nerve to tell me that I only had 30 days to make that complaint to have the computer replaced. After the 30 days, I owned the problem. Now I know why we Americans are buying more Japanese and Chinese products, because those foreign companies are standing behind their products to project a quality image whereas American companies the like of DELL stand behind their high profits at the expense of the American consumer.

I am a very old Dell user. I bought a Dell laptop from school. The laptop was horrible and so many things so I got the IT to fix it (the story begins a bit later). Then it got broken and Dell got me a new one. It is a Inspiron 13 5000 Series 2 in 1. I was excited right, I mean who wouldn't be. However, on day 1, not even 3 hours I already got a problem. I ignored it because I usually fix those problems, however the problems got worst. I eventually contacted Dell support via Twitter. THEY DID NOTHING!!! THEY GAVE ME SOLUTIONS THAT I HAD ALREADY DONE!!!

They kept saying "Oh, we need the service tag of the old dell (which is probably recycled already) and all." They gave me things I had done, and kept asking for the service tag of the old Dell so they know who it belongs to which is just horrible. I was already almost at the end of my warranty as well so there was basically no point. At that point after no solutions and days of contact, I gave up on them and went onto YOUTUBE IN WHICH I FOUND MY ANSWER!!! I never talked to them again.

Dell Inspiron 3000 - I have the same problems the previous reviewers reported! Wish I had read these reviews first! At this point, I must just concur. My challenge too is with the inability to power the laptop up. And, the computer is just 30 days old! Initially Dell said the warranty would not cover it because I said "maybe the power button doesn't work". They concluded that I must have damaged the power button and therefore, their warranty would not cover it.

After escalating to a supervisor, our conversation was disconnected - how frustrating! And, can you imagine, they did not call me back? Ha! So, upon my second call, I shifted gears and did not offer any potential troubleshooting (about the power button), and they are processing a repair for me. However, honestly, the computer should certainly work after just 30 days of use. And, I see the power failure is a common problem - can't they fix it for computers going forward? And, it seems customer service is consistently poor. I guess I will be finding a new computer manufacturer for my next purchase...

I sent the following letter to Dell but have not received a response. I hope you can help resolve this. "I purchased a Dell Inspiron 11 3147 on 9/25/2015. In Dec 2016 I noticed that the HDMI plug did not work and after working with the tech Janet **. I was told to send it away for repairs since it was still under warranty on Dec 16 2016. It expired Dec 24, 2016. Dell replaced the Motherboard, Camera and my 65 watt Power Supply unit for a 45 watt PSU and returned it Dec 27. Since this fix, it powers off suddenly on a daily basis. This is not my primary computer and a laptop, I've always used desktops as my primary computer so I didn't realize I had a problem until March 13 when I emailed Janet **.

She worked with me on the HDMI issue and said to contact her if I had any problems even though she was closing this case. I didn't hear from her in a timely manner so I started a chat with GGNWAsseem 595764 on March 20, 2017. I worked with him for an extended period of time and then his supervisor and both said since it was out of warranty, there wasn't anything they could do. I asked the tech to replace this faulty MB at Dell expense. I was told that the warranty has expired so they would not do that. I believe that my warranty was still in effect when they installed the faulty MD so I should be covered under the warranty.

I have copies of emails with Janet ** and the chat with GGNWAsseem 595764 explaining in detail what has transpired. At this point I believe the problem is Dell installed a faulty MB on Dec 16 2016, because since that day I have a record of a critical event ID 41 - "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" on almost daily basis and sometimes, several times a day. The laptop had only 2 critical events ID 41 in the first 1 1/2 years I owned it.

I understand that the warranty has expired on this laptop but that is not my issue. I believe Dell should replace the MB since the computer shows proof through the Critical Event Log that it is the installation of the new MB which WAS under warranty at the time, is the reason this laptop no longer works and that should qualify me to receive a replacement without additional charge. Please review this and contact me on how we might resolve this problem. At this point the laptop is useless. It will not stay on for any extended period of time. I am an avid Dell customer and have purchased 16 Dell computers as well as recommended them to friends and family. Dell Service Request Number **."

Hundreds of thousands of bad reviews on Dell and their tech support and customer service. All are deserved... well deserved. I bought an extra Dell computer at Best Buy. It was a discontinued model but still in the factory-sealed box. The Best Buy salesperson told me that the computer was under Dell's full USA one-year warranty. From the store I called Dell customer service, and they concurred. I was told by Dell that my dated Best Buy receipt was my warranty. After 3 months the computer lost its sound, and was constantly rebooting. Dealing with Dell's tech support and customer service was excruciating. All their people do is say, "I apologize," and, "I'm sorry."

I will never buy another computer from Dell. Do yourself a favor if you want a PC... Buy from Lenovo. Their customer service and tech support are located in Atlanta, and they are spectacular. I also recommend anything from Apple. They have exemplary customer service. Everybody I have ever encountered at Dell has been inept. The Dell mantra is obviously, "Screw the customer, deny, deny, deny." Shame on you Dell. Please, if you are in the market for a computer, buy Lenovo or Apple. By the way, I'm typing this on a 4-year-old MacBook Air, which has been perfect. Only one issue, that was instantly taken care of by an Apple tech support person in San Francisco.

Ordered an SSD. I wait several weeks and still didn't receive it. Called them and they accuse me of not calling them to ask for the status and that they've cancelled my order because the SSD is discontinued (I checked online and the Samsung EVO 850 is NOT discontinued). Then I go on the website and search for SSD. First result is the SanDisk Ultra II, discounted to $109. Add it to cart and price says $140. Chat with customer service and appears he tells me price is $140. What a glitchy crappy website. Don't know how Dell continues to be in business with such terrible customer service and customer experiences. Just the worst. Definitely never buying from Dell again and recommending that none of my friends/family buy from Dell.

Dell Customer Service Company Profile