1.13/5
Based on 186 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

4362 Dell Customer Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I bought desktop 3-5 years ago from Dell and it was working until last night and it stops. So with computer I received USB stick for Recovery and stuff, and I used that stick last night to recover my Comp. But today it keep asking for a Product Key which I did not received in package. I call "Customer Service" (they are worthless) that after few people and lot of frustration last one tell me that I have to pay for a New Key. Please be smart people. Do not buy from Dell. They are cheaters.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Clearly this Dell Customer Support Department has been farmed out to a third party in India, as all respondents have the same robotic answers and absolutely no authority to resolve anything, in particular warranty issues. Long story short, I bought my laptop (Dell Inspiron 5000 Series) at Office Depot on Feb. 2, 2018. It had been a floor sample, and I bought it to save some money. What I didn't know is that Office Depot had received and bought the computer from Dell in January 2016, and so by the time I bought it, the computer was 3 years old. Ergo, all warranties by Dell had lapsed. I called Customer "Support" to ask that the Dell warranty start at the time of my purchase as the final consumer, which they absolutely refused to do, claiming that my purchase from Office Depot was a matter between them and me.

In any case they (Dell) allegedly have an agreement with Office Depot and other distributors that all computers need to be sold within 15 months or returned to them. Since this did not happen in this case, technically Office Depot is in breach of its agreement with Dell, but Dell has no interest in pursuing the matter further. The "support" staff at Dell kept telling me to take the matter up with Office Depot, which left me exactly where I was before spending 1 hour with them on the phone to India. What a waste of time! From reading other reviews, my experience is hardly unique with Dell Customer Support. Never again will I buy a Dell computer!!

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

This Dell Inspiron laptop is so frustrating, it is slow, sometimes I cannot even shut it down properly. I bought it to replace an RCA Galileo Pro which had its own problems, but this is even worse than that one. I called customer service, they did a 2 minute diagnostic which they say was inconclusive and was going to do a longer one, well a few minutes into that one the tech said it would take too long for him to stay on the line and abruptly ended the call leaving me stranded with no results. I am pulling the plug on this piece of junk and will never buy a Dell again ever. Sometimes it takes as long as a minute to go from one website to another. Do not ever buy a Dell, by the way only 30 day warranty.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I received a laptop that was set up incorrectly. The drives are completely messed up to the point where the operating system cannot update. This was an expensive and brand new laptop and Dell customer support is trying to tell me that I have to pay to fix this issue. I have spoken (by means of continually being transferred) to easily 25 people in only a few calls. I will NEVER buy a Dell again. Customer service is absolutely horrible and obviously the computer is total crap! The computer is not even three months old!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Microsoft Win 10 is a mobile app not an operating system. Anything with an airplane is for a cell phone. I was on the development team for Microsoft and tested Windows 10 and with a Dell computers. Not a good mix. It's turns into spyware. I have a lot to say about Dell because I have 3 computers that are registered to other people and they want me to pay to get the issue fixed except the one that is under warranty but if I send it back they have all my private information and the motherboard which has it embedded into it and the other people that are saving everything of mine. The name is Gorilla Circuits. They manufacture all motherboards for Dell and they just change them a little for each company that wants to sell motherboards and the more they mess with me and my wife the more I review.

And these are not people from the United States. They are from India and the Philippines. Polite but they have to learn more about customer service. I was hung up on after a 20 minute wait and had to wait another 10. These are honest reviews. I have an network issue and Dell, Microsoft and a couple more companies are involved. I never let them on my network. I think the privacy issue is McAfee antivirus that Dell uses. McAfee reviews their own site. One of my friends used to answer phones at home for them. I have a feeling they are giving me junk back. This machine is heavy duty and the last computer I sent back I had to send it back again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Screen had a small damage, took 2 hours just to get a hold of someone with barely comprehensible English. Said I needed to pay 50$ to get the screen shipped and fixed. When it was sent back to me, the screen still did not work. They said they couldn't fix it and they took my brand new battery of 3 months and put in a defective battery. Straight up got finessed, I called them and they said they did not know anything about it (could barely understand them again). Stole 50$, did not fix screen, and stole my battery. Never buying from this company ever again in my life.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My experience with their customer service has always been awful. They never try to work out a situation, or try to give me a great experience, no matter the situation or person. This time, I called Dell Support since I received a phone call saying I would be getting a refund on my warranty (a warranty that Dell made me purchase - a whole OTHER story) since Dell apparently had a bug in their software. After calling Dell and being transferred 5 separate times, I was finally transferred to the scam and fraud portion of Dell.

At this time, I was very frustrated and confused as to why this person calling me knew ALL of my information that Dell had, and I politely explained this to the woman, who said her name was Janie. She refused to offer any explanation or show any empathy, so I asked for a Supervisor since Janie was of no help. She would pause, say she didn't have a supervisor, so I asked to speak to someone above her, she said there was no one, so I asked if there was anyone to speak to, to which she simply replied, "Yes, my supervisor". At this point, I felt as if she was just stringing me along, so I asked for his/her name and to be transferred over, but she said she would not do that to me.

After some more arguing, I finally requested to have her supervisor call me back, and I gave her my information. The reason I am writing this review was in spite of this rude employee, who refused to help me or acknowledge my issue, and would not allow me to speak to anyone else. I work in an environment where customer service makes a company, and I have to say, with my past experiences with Dell, I can 100% say that their service and company is the worst. This time, it was just the icing on the cake. I have never dealt with a woman such as Janie, and if I ever get transferred to her again, hopefully she will be more helpful or ask to be transferred elsewhere. Hopefully, her supervisor sees this and can properly train her on customer service, as she has none. At this point, I am not sure what to even do; I'll just hope the supervisor calls me back so this issue can be resolved.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I originally purchased a Dell computer and it had to be replaced. They send refurbished trash. Open it up and check out the components. The performance of their XPS models is mediocre and plagued with problems: start times, operational speed, bloated, inability to start, poor built in troubleshooting. I can’t even blame Microsoft at this point, which I would love to do but I’m afraid Dell is at fault. The specs might indicate what should be top notch performance for audio editing, working in after effects etc. but believe me, they are not.

Please just get a MacBook and pay the premium over the Dell. I regret every day that I made the mistake of buying this computer; an extremely expensive mistake. Especially, if you need a solid machine if your work involves multimedia, editing, and so on. Right now I have a $2400 paperweight that at best is able to browse the internet... just don’t open more than five tabs. Do your research, ask friends about experiences, etc. Good luck and I sincerely hope if you buy one that your experience is not like what I’ve been dealing with.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 24 3000 all in one on 6/30/18, On 7/29/18 I got a notice to update my computer. After I updated the computer it began to run slow. Start up was slow and videos began to freeze up/I contacted Dell support. I spoke to someone with broken English. I told him what the problem was. He told me to shut the computer off. He then told me to hold the Fn key down and hit the power key. I told him I can't do that because the computer is off and I can't hit the power button. He then transferred me to the software dept. where another broken English person told me it's a software problem and it would cost $200.00 to fix. I said, "I'm not paying that."

I then called Best Buy, where I purchased the computer. I explained to them what happened. They told me to bring the computer to them {they are over an hour away} and they will fix it with no charge. They performed tests on it. They said it was a software problem and it would cost $200.00 to fix. They said it was caused by me updating the computer. They said a virus must have got in while I was updating it. They said I had 2 options. They could fix it or I could send it in to Dell. I said I have the computer here so I told them to fix it.

Now we are without a computer for a couple days and we are out $200.00. We paid $763.17 for this computer plus $40.00 to Best Buy to set up the computer, so all we had to do is bring the computer home and plug it in. I usually don't buy new computers. The last computers we had, we bought at a university trash to treasure sale for $60,00 a piece, we had those computers for several years, This computer we had for 1 Month and it's broke. How can a well known company sell poor quality junk. This computer was to have supposed to have everything on it to fix itself. It also had anti-virus protection and nothing worked.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I wish I had read these reviews before buying a Dell. I bought the XPS13 laptop in March 2018 and 98 days later the battery died. I was told my warranty was 90 days and when I finally found time to call in I was at 104 days - so I did not qualify to have my laptop replaced, I would have to mail it in to get it repaired. I sent my laptop in, only to get an email from Dell saying "The part(s) needed to repair your system are not currently in stock." How can they not have a battery in stock?

I called "Customer Support" and have been transferred between Philippines to India and back, my request to be transferred to a USA Support number are ignored, and no one is able to help or let me know what timing for repair is. So right now my $1,400 laptop that I need for work is who knows where, I have no way to get it fixed and no way to get it back. And no Customer Service/Support/Retention Department on this continent to call to get answers or assistance. This company is highway robbery, I'll probably never see my broken-from-the-start $1,400 laptop again. DO NOT BUY DELL!!! I repeat - DO NOT BUY DELL!!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

My Dell battery is bad - laptop out of warranty. But because they've had issues with batteries, it has to be replaced at no expense to me. I called on Monday to have someone come out to my business to replace. They said it would take 3-5 business days and I should receive a call to set up a time. Well, on the fourth day I decided to follow up - have not heard from anyone. I called (all operators are in India and I can't understand half of what they're saying). I try to be patient, but it's exhausting. They said that somehow my report or service request was canceled due to a technical issue! Are you kidding me?

Then they say they have to write up another and it will take another 3-5 business days to set this up. I told them that if something happens to my computer before then, they are completely responsible. Now I have to wait for a supervisor to call because there is a problem with creating another service request! Seriously? This company is a complete joke and they do not care whatsoever about their customers. I have been a Dell customer for many years, but now switching. THIS IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS! If you can avoid buying a Dell, please consider another computer company - one that cares about its customers.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Bought a new Dell computer on Amazon. In less than 9 months, the computer stopped working because of what appears to be a memory issue. Can't get support by phone. Each time I call, they give me the runaround. They claim the product is from Canada and they can't help. Can't easily find an email address to follow up. This really bites. Avoid buying Dell. Their customer service is the worst.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Sometimes I try to call Dell official number but that can't pick on the internet. I found that number. They solve my each and every query instantly, if you also want to get instant help or Dell tech support then please call on 1-855-254-6999 toll-free. Also visit on website https://customer-helpnumber.us/dell-support-usa.html.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Below are 2 emails sent to Dell Sales with NO REPLY. From what others have posted here, Dell is such a large company they could care less about the consumer who only purchases couple of computers in their lifetime. Sure wish we the consumers could reach out further than here at Consumers Affairs to make our complaints known about DELL Products.

"On May 10, 2018 I purchased a Dell Inspiron All In One Desktop from my local Staples. It appears to be a model i3464-7403BLK. When I open Dell Support Assist there is a number 3464 A10, Service Tag FDMOYH2. It pisses me off that day one when setting up the computer the Bluetooth Software DID NOT work when trying to pair my Speakers even though all systems indicated they were paired. Next problem my CD/DVD Player DID NOT WORK. Third problem computer took over 2 minutes to boot up.

I have contacted Technical Support 3 times for which 1st time the tech was able to fix the paring of my speakers. Several days later when trying to use same, NOTHING even though everything indicated they were paired. It was then that I also said the CD/DVD player did not work and the LONG TIME it took for computer to boot up. After many minutes the tech was able to fix problem with CD/DVD Player & long boot time. As for the speaker problem he said he was at a loss as to why they did not work and transferred me to another tech. Bottom line here was the tech said Dell DID NOT WARRANTY SOFTWARE problems but I could purchase different plans to cover same. COMPLETE ** on DELL'S part.

Further I have the Dell Support Assist program installed and today it reminded me I needed to run a scan. When doing so and when complete my Malwarebytes NOT OPERABLE. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!! Too when trying to locate a method to locate a DELL REPRESENTATIVE IN AMERICA AND NOT IN ** INDIA, I was prompted to input my service tag. Reply was not valid and I had to load Dell SUPPORT ASSIST when it is already installed. I can not believe the crap I am having to put up with this computer. My last 4 Dells never gave me fits. Bottom line I probably will not hear back from an American Speaking person and have to put up with a $900.00 piece of Electronic JUNK!!!"

Further to the email I sent. LOOKS LIKE I have a legitimate complaint about the Bluetooth Software NOT WORKING and should be fixed under the following warranty from your own warranty policy. (Dell warrants that the Software media (if applicable) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for 90 days from the date you receive them. This warranty is limited to you and is not transferable. Any implied warranties are limited to 90 days from the date you receive the Software) I don't appreciate that the last tech person I spoke with and his arrogant manner said DELL DOES NOT WARRANTY SOFTWARE and tries to sell me an overpriced protection plan. I want to know where I can take this piece of semi nonworking computer to explain/show what is wrong with it and have it repaired. PERIOD!!!!

Original review: July 17, 2018

I purchased a new Dell Laptop Precision 3520, and it has been nothing but trouble since I opened the box. Now I am stuck paying for a computer that sits on the shelf. Every time I use it, it crashes and I lose my work. I was told that I need to uninstall the operating system. I am not an IT person. I don't have time for this, and I purchased a new computer. I should be able to plug it in and use it. Dell should have installed the operating system correctly. I have spent time uninstalling programs and reinstalling, with the same results.

They are unwilling to work to resolve the problem, insisting that I "should be able to read simple instructions written in English", really? I will never purchase another Dell, and neither will any of my clients. And since I will be paying for this, I won't be able to purchase a laptop that works for at least a year, and it won't be a Dell. Crappy computer, poor customer service. I was told that Dell doesn't guarantee their computers. I didn't want a refund, I wanted them to either fix this one or replace it with one that actually works. Buyer beware, they have gotten too big to care about the little guy.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have a UPS backup unit and called to get the management software download because I lost the original disc. I was transferred 7 times and had to explain my problem from the beginning each time. The CS agents could barely speak or understand English and would talk over me and transfer me without explaining. I am very disappointed that Dell would use foreigners to save money and still charge top dollar for their products. My problem was never solved so I will buy another UPS from a different business. I am never going to buy from Dell again...

Original review: July 11, 2018

Up front summary-ish: Ordered a laptop Nov 17. Never received until around May 18. Customer service is horrible, called and emailed dozens upon dozens of times, spent countless hours with never getting good help, information, notifications. Was issued a coupon as a consolation which I had to kind of work them up to doing something (they did not offer (crazy)). And the coupon didn't even work, you are given 90 days and I have heard back from no one, customer care again is horrible, no one can solve anything, and apparently I was just told they have a policy to not ship to military addresses… although that is where (which I checked with them multiple times before my purchase) I had my laptop delivered to.

I have had the worst 6+ months dealing with Dell "Customer Care." Each time I have called them, which has been well over 30 times (and I am overseas so I have to call when I should be sleeping) I have had the worst help. Besides not seeming to make something very easy an easy process they repeatedly talk over me and never even listen when I try to explain anything. The talking over situation has happened a lot, I don't know if they are trained that way but it seems they never stop when they start trying to explain something.

Also they apparently stopped shipping items to Military addresses which is odd since I purchased an item after their "policy" went into effect and was told I can again. It seems as if they will say/do anything to get you off the phone. On the same issue of trying to find out where my product was I had to email 10 different Dell workers besides all the calls. Also they never contacted me once the item apparently was returned because it was delivered months after ordered when I had left.

Then regarding them "making up for it" they gave me coupon codes which I had to wait until I received my laptop to be able to then be eventually issued it. Not to mention it did not work. They also told me they would re-instate or make up for the "rewards cash" I acquired from my purchase (which I obviously didn't use since they weren't sure if I would ever get it). Needless to say this start Nov 2017. It's now July 2018 and I only got my laptop a few months ago.

Since then I have only been trying to use the codes and I have wasted hours and hours calling and waiting for email replies all because I decided to try a new laptop brand... which I was giving Dell tons of leeway in not judging them based on their service, customer care, and treatment of purchasers. But it's been bad enough I gave up and completely agree with other reviews I read that said the same thing but I just didn't ever think I would need their assistance. Not to mention I hope you don't ever have plan on anything going wrong with your laptop...

Original review: July 3, 2018

My dad purchased laptop in 2015 with complete care warranty paid in full and gave it to me as gift. Warranty was transferred to me. And before he passed away in 2017 purchased another laptop but he could not pay the bill. He died so because of that Dell is refusing to service my laptop as because he owes money and that account was charged off sold to collection and now almost 3 weeks. Dell is refusing to fix my computer.

Original review: June 30, 2018

All I can say is I have unnecessarily wasted 5 hours letting these poor reps try to deal with an absurd set of company policies and procedures with this pathetic company, before they set up a way to honor their so called premiere warranty service. It is truly bad enough to cause a stroke.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I purchased this Dell Inspiron 14 3000 series (Intel(R)) - 3452 in November, 2017 and it no longer functions. I complained to the BBB and Dell told me to send it in for repair which I did (this is the second time I sent it in) and I also had their online techs take over the computer to see why it did not work properly (three times). After telling Dell that I still had issues they told me my warranty did not cover software problems and that if I wanted Dell to work on it the cost would be $129.00 which is about what I paid for this abortion. I set it aside and purchased a different computer. Dell refused to give me a refund in spite of the fact that it never worked properly. Dell is garbage!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I called Dell Support because I had a 3 month old laptop that would keep dropping the Ethernet connection. When I called then, I HAD an Internet connection, I just did it via wireless and the Ethernet connection worked. It would just periodically drop and re-connect. 2 hours after I called them - and after they took control of my laptop - I had neither the wireless connections nor the Ethernet connection and no one there knew how to get them back. They suggested doing a full backup and them re-installing Windows, which would have wiped out all of my applications.

I told them they had to fix the problem as they had broken the laptop - I was then routed to their software support area which said they would have to charge me for fixing the laptop! I lost my mind with them! I was on the phone for 2 hours speaking to 3 Indians that I could barely understand, they ruined my laptop and then tried to charge ME to fix it! BEWARE OF DELL COMPUTERS!!! (P.S. I finally fixed the laptop myself by reverting back to a prior version of Windows). Dell's customer support is HORRENDOUS!!! I won't ever buy another DELL product.

Original review: June 27, 2018

My computer still had 4 days left on its warranty and I was told by Dell customer service that it would cost me over $200 to fix the issues I was having. I was told that $200 would guaranty no more problems for another year. They are trying to sell me another warranty while I'm still under the current one. First of all, Why should I have to buy another warranty while I'm still covered by the first. And secondly, even if I did agree to purchase the second warranty (which I most certainly did not), how could I trust that they would honor it. I will never purchase another Dell product, and I strongly advise you to reconsider if you are thinking of purchasing one yourself. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: June 26, 2018

I decided to start up my own company after 25 years in a corporate job. I had used Dell products almost exclusively and so when it came to purchase a laptop I decided to continue on with that tradition. I was looking for a small travelling laptop to take with me on business trips and decided on an Inspiron 11. When I asked Dell about the capability, I was assured that for email, minimal Word and Excel use, coupled with Windows 10, this computer would do the job just fine.

After a couple of months, the system wouldn't boot up as there wasn't sufficient memory to run Windows 10. Because there are no memory upgrades for this computer (entry level) the laptop is useless to me. I now wanted to wipe out and reset the computer so I can donate it, but Dell tells me now that the computer is no longer under warranty (just over a year old). They will have to charge me to tell me how to reset the computer. Customer service at its worst. I am no longer a fan of Dell.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Dell over promised and under delivered! Missed expedited delivery date and never sent a single notification letting us know. Although we checked up on a regular basis to make sure our order would be delivered on time, we called today for an overnight tracking number and were told the computer had not been manufactured... Not what you would expect from a business oriented tech company. Buyers beware!!! This company has gone downhill!!!

Original review: June 25, 2018

My power adapter became bent and unusable early last week. I called Dell about a replacement ($62.00 for power cord and adapter). Took 4 days to arrive...didn't fit into laptop. This morning, I was on the phone with Dell from 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and spoke with 6 different people to help resolve the issue. One Dell technician told me that I was shipped the incorrect power cord and adapter...transferred me to a customer service rep who was going to arrange to have a new one shipped out. CS rep told me she'd call back in 30 minutes...called back 4 hours later.

Meantime, I called back and spoke to another technical support person who informed me that the power cord/adapter isn't the issue...I need to ship my entire laptop to their support center to determine if there is an issue (another $60, plus repairs). Dell doesn't seem to care how much time a customer has to spend, being transferred from one department to another, telling the same story, etc. despite the case #'s, tag #'s etc. that supposedly keep track of your computer and any problems. It would be wonderful if someone in Dell's management had the courage to speak with customers about their company's horrendous service. Will NEVER buy another Dell. Sad part: I was a very loyal customer. They've become incompetent and uncaring.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Lazy and passive-aggressive customer service. I have been in contact with a Tony ** for over a year about receiving a catalogue, and he kept promising one would be sent to me and also kept offering excuses about when to expect and never giving a direct answer that they would not be sending one, until he stopped answering my emails. Lazy and passive-aggressive without simply refusing to send what potential customer is asking for. All tactics to demand money upfront, including when you chat with them online, without respecting customer's own process and decision-making before purchase. Cowardly and passive-aggressive business tactics that lose credibility to me for their products.

Original review: June 23, 2018

It was DELL Laptop (Dell Inspiron 3567 7Gi5 4GB2X+Off BLK). I walked into Croma Store at PVR Saket Delhi to buy a laptop on 28th Apr 18. I explained my requirement as what all softwares will be used to the sales guy standing there along with the price range. After a long search the guy came with a laptop saying that as per your requirement, this laptop is at its best. I again asked him that the software that I am going to install wouldn't hamper the performance speed. He replied "No Sir". Finally I agreed to buy the laptop. Still I was confirming the guy about the processing speed after the installation of the laptop. He said "be sure sir go on with it."

I came home and started using the laptop, It was almost ok for me. But after a 3-4 days the device started working with low processing. Mouse keypad used to stop working sometimes. BIOS setting popup made me restart the system time and again. And many other problem. I immediately went to the store to report the problem. I was treated in such a way that as if I am nobody to them. They straight away told me that our work is to sale thing, rest for any sort of problem you need to liaise with Dell support. Just after some days buying the product worth Rs 48142.00 I have to go for the support of DELL. Is it so cheap product (can be compared to those non-warrantied Chinese product) that I should report an issue just after some days of buying a new branded product.

I immediately called the helpline of Dell from the store itself and narrated the issue. And from the very day I started asking the refund as I was totally not satisfied with the system. He took my system in remote and said that you windows 10 upgrade has not been completed fully. Please upgrade it fully then the system will work fine. I woke up the whole night to upgrade the OS and that was finally done. Now still the problem was not solved. Still no Softwares were installed yet. I again called the Dell support and told the issue. Again the guy committed me that he will make my system work smoothly. He again took my system on remote and did something and left. Till then the system was again a bit fine to work out.

Once I shut down the system and started to work again, again the same problem. Moreover, all the screen started looking blur and untidy. I again called the Dell support and asked a supervisor (Chandan was his name I hope) to make my system work fine or else refund my money. He took the system in remote and started working. I almost wasted my 3 hours on call and system and did something. The next day again the same issue. I again called Dell support and my case was escalated to the higher authority.

Now I got a call from a guy called Anuj **. When they knew that there is fault in laptop, they told me that no refund can be provided and as per the terms and conditions we are hardware company, you have an issue with software. I asked him that who is the software then. I got a reply that it is Dell itself who looks after the software. This is spoke with me so diplomatically that I was all loss with my temper. You sold me the laptop, It's your laptop. You tried several time to make it right and failed to do so and now yourself is all up to say that we have nothing to do??? I am all fed up now. I need the refund. And I personally suggest everyone not to buy DELL product as they are all looters with worst service providers.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Absolutely horrible company. DO NOT BUY a Dell product. They do not back their products at all. I called about a simple power cord for my computer monitor that I paid 300.00 dollars for and the customer service was rude, extremely unprofessional, disrespectful. I haven’t even had the monitor for 6 months and all I was calling about was a bad power cord and was basically told, "Oh well. Buy a new one." Mind you this man has no idea that I run a multi million dollar business and trust and believe we will not be purchasing another Dell product in anyone of my companies ever again.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Purchased online a Dell XPS 8930 approximately two months ago for my business. Right from the start there were problems which made the computer unusable. I contacted Dell Technical support immediately. Long story short, I worked with Tech support daily for almost a month and countless hours on the phone and they could not fix the computer. They sent an outside Tech to my home to replace the hard drive. One day later, more problems. Finally after over a month they decided to have me ship the computer to Dell because they determined it was a hardware issue. Two weeks in, I go on to Dell's repair status website to see my repair on hold because I am not under warranty. They actually want me to pay for the repair.

Since my company's software is stand alone, I lost my entire customer base and many customers I had scheduled for service. I lost all their info so I could not provide service. I could not restore or backup because the computer was inoperable. Synopsis. Dell has proven to be an unreliable company. Their product is inferior, their customer service horrible and Tech support even worse. I am going public with this because I know a battle for a full refund is coming. STAY AWAY FROM DELL COMPUTERS!

Updated on 06/20/2018: So I get a call from Dell tech support. They tell me that the new computer I shipped for repair is missing parts and that I have to pay for the parts. Months into this problem and they have the nerve to tell me parts are missing, accusing me of taking them. I blew. First its software, then hardware, they have me ship it and call me a thief. Months into this and Dell becomes more rude. I spoke to customer service who told me to tell Tech support to send Customer Service the problem reports. Tech support refused, saying that customer service has no say in it. I was then told after changing my posture to taking this to the investigative reporter on the news and an attorney to let me get back to you.

One hour later, the Tech support calls and tells me they will do me a favor and fix it, but next time I should take pictures before shipping to prove I am not a thief. I am amazed at the lack of quality and caring from a Dell. If it doesn't work when I get it back, I am going to an attorney and taking it to the news. I will submit it to 60 minutes and anyone else that will look at it. I have complete documentation of all the events.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Tried to buy a computer and it was flagged as fraud. I'm on hold at the moment to try and get this fixed. On hold for an hour and then transferred 6 times only to be on hold again. Have to give my information multiple times for no reason.

Dell Customer Service Company Information

Dell
Round Rock
TX
www.dell.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business