1.11/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4503 Dell Customer Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I bought my Inspiron and a 4 year warranty 2 and a half years ago and it performed fine for about a year, then my display started flickering and the computer began crashing. It has been sent back to the computer depot 3 times and I still had the same issues. After a year and a half, Dell decided to send me a different computer that has crashed 8 times since I've had it for 2 days and continues to freeze.

I spent just under a thousand dollars on the original computer and was told I would receive a special promotional gift card for 10% off the purchase I made and the gift cards never came. Instead, Dell opened up a credit line in my name and when I asked about the gift cards, they said I wasn't a Dell advantage member and I was out of time to get my promotion.

Dell doesn't care about their customers. The hardware in the computers may seem like a great thing, but if you have any issues, Dell will hang you out to dry. I have plenty of friends who tried to tell me to stay away from Dell and they were right. Get a Mac or an Asus or anything else. My current case reviewer is Hemalda of the Advanced resolution group and she is continuing my experience with Dell not following through or rectifying its mistakes. Hemalda ** Dell | Advanced Resolution Group Phone +1 800 624 9897 Ext.: **.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Dear sirs, I have a complaint on file # ** (Better Business Bureau) which is against the Dell Co. I'm getting the runaround with a Shubha ** Ext.**... She told me that they realize the error was with FedEx, in shipping the wrong Computer to me. I was supposed to have gotten a phone today stating that my refund was going to credited to my account, but I didn't get a phone call. I called the Dell Co. 3 x today, and each time they assured me I was going to get a call from Shubha. This is the worse customer service experience I've ever had!! This incident is already going on 2 months!!

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Purchased a $3200 Alienware laptop last July. Since day one it has the black screen of death problem. Horrified to know that this problem goes back to 2015 or prior yet they still keep putting these out. They want to replace my monitor. Refurbish. I don’t want that. I want my money back and they refused it. Instead they still try to fine print me even though I have an extended warranty. Absolutely the worst company you have I’ve ever dealt with in my life and will never ever ever ever deal with them again. Please avoid this company and it is true - you can’t understand a word their customer service speaks.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I emailed Dell 12/2018 to assist with a Hard Drive Password. I called multiple times and was told a representative would call me. My Warranty was up in January of 2019. Knowing this, I explained in great detail on December 2018 that I simply needed a hard drive password to access my computer. The representative never called me nor contacted me. I emailed Dell 3 times within December of 2018 and no one responded to my email. I have proof of email review and recorded calls. The unequipped IT group, yelled at me, hung up on me twice and discouraged me from pursuing what was rightfully mine in my warranty. I pleaded several times talking to the same Indian guy. All with such heavy accents that you can't understand a word. I asked to speak to a manager and I have a recording of the same voice telling me there is nothing I can do. I tried contacting corporate pertaining to this issue and no one assisted me on the matter.

I have never been so frustrated with such disrespectful/unequipped Dell support. I have been a Dell supporter and investor since I was a teen. I have advertised and even encouraged buyers to switch from MAC to Dell. Dell you are lacking in so many ways. Before you put someone to supervise, you need to make sure they are equipped to handle these situations. I also asked for the warranty to cover my HARD DRIVE PASSWORD so I can access the computer and nothing. A HARD DRIVE PASSWORD. If you help design and orchestrate the production of Dell products you should be able to unlock a HARD DRIVE that YOU helped DESIGN.

It is beyond me why a simple task cannot be done. Also the English of your reps are lacking. For proper communication you need clear and concise. My calls with Dell, since Dell reps don't follow up... Have been thick accent and rude remarks, ALL RECORDED. I am so angry with you Dell for giving me such high hopes on your products, I hope no one else has to deal with what I had to go through.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Customer service is horrible! I bought a Dell laptop about 8 years ago. Wonderful product and had the best customer service experience. Ordered this Inspiron desktop recently on sale for $399. To the day I was supposed to receive it, I got an email stating that Dell canceled the order. I start customer service with online chat. They don't know so they refer me to a phone number. That's where I pretty much gave up. Outsourced agents. Not listening, talking over me, having me repeat my ID over and over and transferring me around. Still couldn't tell me why. Luckily I went to Best Buy, found same computer and they price matched dell.com.

I can in no way ever deal with Dell direct ever again. It's very sad from where they used to be to where they are now. I had a lot of faith and respect for this name. I still believe in the product but customer service has to change. It seems I am not alone based on the reviews and comments online Google search. I also tried leaving this review on their website and received an email that it had been moderated and won't be posted!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

They are so ** up. I had issue with my computer and they said they will need to fix it. Apparently I will receive an email with shipping label. Never got it, called them again they said someone will drop it off. No one came. Called again they said call FedEx and obtain it from them. Called FedEx. They said, "What hell you talking about, we don’t have anything for you." Called again they said they will send the label by someone again. WTF. It's been a week and they cannot even give you label, how the hell they suppose to fix it. Bunch of **. Don’t ever get Dell product. Worst than any Chinese company I bet.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Ordered new server, I received confirmation and it had wrong address. I emailed sales rep to let them know and got no response. I called numerous times, was disconnected many time, finally spoke to someone in Philippines... WTF! She said she correct the problem and someone would contact me, never happened! Just canceled my order, plenty of other places to buy a computer!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Where to start with this shambles of a company. I received my laptop last September. Being a new user to laptops I never really questioned why my charger was falling out all the time. Just put it down to one of those things, as you do. Fast forward a few months later and the laptop decided it wasn't going to charge and came up with an error stating that the charger wasn't the right power.

I checked online to see that my laptop was under warranty so I rang straight away with a bit of optimism that this could maybe be fixed. Oh boy, how wrong was I! I got put through to some lovely woman called Princess (who are they kidding here) who took all my details down and said as it was physical damage it would have to go to out of warranty. This is news to me as I never touched inside the port but ok, let's see where this takes us. So after a 2 minute wait I was put through to a pleasant enough guy who asked for pictures so he could send them to the technician. Great, things are making progress! That soon faded away when I was asked to pay £115 for the part. Erm, no. I didn't break it. So my partner took over the call as I am not good with explaining things in detail. This is where it gets interesting.

After a 10 minute back and forth of my partner saying if there was nothing else they could do then it might as well just be left, a manager was asked to review the conversation. The guy came back and said he was going to pass us back to Warranty. Another waiting situation but maybe they'd listened to our case and the fact we hadn't physically broken anything. Another guy came on the phone and patiently listened to us explaining and he seemed to think there was something he could do. He asked my partner to wait on hold (running theme here) and lo and behold, 30 seconds later it hung up. I wonder why.

After waiting 10 minutes we decided to try again as this hadn't been even remotely close to being resolved and we were feeling a bit deflated at how poor this service seemed to be. A guy answered the phone (names were lost to us at this point) and was told the situation. He looked up the notes and put us through to yet another department. Now we had to speak to another guy! Yay! After a brief introduction things were back to square one, no matter how many times we explained that we hadn't broken anything and we couldn't afford the £130 (yes, they had bumped it up from the last call! Go figure) the guy was adamant that we had somehow broken the inside of the port.

Now, my partner is a patient person on the phone compared to me and I could see his face getting more stressed as the phone call went on and I knew this wasn't going to end well. The guy on the phone was pretty much telling us that we should have known it was faulty and should have contacted them there and then. As I explained earlier I didn't realise it was even an issue until yesterday! The words statutory rights were coming out of my partner's mouth and I could hear the other guy sounding more and more panicked. 2 minutes later he went to go speak to his manager (more like workmates for a good laugh at the stupid customers) and came back and said that the manager said there was nothing they could do as we were the ones who caused the damage (again, was like this from word go it just become a problem now).

So, my partner being a bit wound up from being passed from pillar to post and essentially getting called clueless asked the guy if he just called him a liar. The guy promptly responded with, "Yes sir, I am." That was pretty much it then. My partner said he had never been so insulted and carried on in such a manner whilst the guy was sounding more and more panicked. He was asked if the phone call was recorded and as soon as the guy said yes my partner informed him that this was going to complaints team with the date and time. So that's today with Dell. No idea if they will ever respond to the email we sent them or change their attitude but I do know one thing. I will never bother buying anything from Dell again, not unless I want to be made out to be a liar.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My company ordered 3 refurbished laptops. 1 had a problem with a VGA output and a USB port. I'm trying to return the one with a defect. Be a tech/computer company you would THINK that they would have an automated way to return these defective computer rather than me sitting on hold with their 1800 number to finally get a person on the other end that I cannot understand. My company will no longer be ordering from Dell anymore.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I just want to say that your service representative (Kavalnain) Is a total Thieving Crook! I had a problem with a flashing green screen so your service rep Kavalnain asked to get remote access to determine the problem & me being the trusting Dumb** that I am, I gave it to him. He put key logging software on my computer & accessed my credit cards, email accounts, social media accounts & stole money by accessing Amazon ($135.00), Ticketmaster ($1064.26) & I'm sure there's more that I haven't discovered yet. Plus, I'm having to purchase new hard drives to be safe, I was told by one of your contracted service techs that replacing the hard drives are the only way to get rid of his keylogging software. I'll be contacting Attorneys tomorrow to see what can be done about all the damage that, that ** has caused! Not only do I plan on legal action, I will also drag the Dell name through the dirt on social media, guaranteed!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

This company that does so much business in the US fails to have a single way to get to a representative that actually speaks English as a first language. Spent over 2-hours on the phone with people that have only the basic level of functioning in English. There are numerous companies that use overseas support but at least most of them make sure the personnel that represent their company can actually speak English. Dell has failed in this regard almost like it is intentional. It is so intentional that I will not be buying Dell in the future and I would advise everyone to do the same.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I needed to update my credit card on file for auto-renewal of a software subscription. Absolutely no one in "Customer Care" (they don't) could provide any assistance in how to accomplish what should be a simple, everyday process. I was transferred from person to person and each successive person seemed to have a more pronounced foreign accent than the person before. I finally figured out how to do it online myself. I have purchased four different computers from Dell over a twenty year span and have no complaints about their products; however, their current level of "Customer Care" leaves much to be desired. Bringing it back onshore would help a lot.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

In 2016 I purchased an XPS 15 I7 notebook from Dell for roughly 2,100$. I needed a powerful device as a replacement for my 8 years-old ASUS Zenbook which in turn is still operational without any defect thus far. I was willing to pay that steep price for the advertised functions, features and design. Surprise, surprise... Five months after warranty coverage ended, the device died on my during an ordinary reboot. Power LED and fan were still running but nothing to see on the screen anymore. According to online information these symptoms were known and were often related to NVidia driver issues. After spending a few hours following any of the hints out there to fix this. I had to contact Dell Support.

The agent could barely speak my language and had obvious difficulties to follow my description. In fact, he often talked and talked unrelated topics or made statements completely false concerning diagnosis, warranty policies and way forward. As I am a professional in these areas, I find myself having difficulties to convince the agent on facts. After spending roughly one hour, the conclusion was to have the out of warranty device repaired. In order to initiate the process, I had to pay 300$ upfront just to have it picked up at my site and diagnosed. The instructions of the repair process I have received were cumbersome and false. I learned that after making the payment and received an empty box from a logistic provider to have my notebook sent to repair.

Another week passed after the repair center received the notebook. I had to follow-up with Dell support again to find out about the status of the repair. The repair cost were stated as 800$. The description of the defect were not stated clearly. The advice only mentioned three items need to be replaced showing no power, one of which is the main board. Essentially, the majority of the device components except case and display need to be replaced. I asked for more details on the technical defects since no power was not the reported issue but no picture visible on the screen.

The agent started to bring forward an elaborate story of what was defect clearly showing that he had no clue. After another thirty minutes talking, he finally admitted that he has no clue and asked me to reply to the billing eMail he sent with my request for more detailed information about the defects. He already indicated, that I might not be getting anything more. In addition, I asked the defect parts to be returned to me. The agent stated that would not be possible according to the Dell AGB. Since this is a legal request in my country, I asked him to point me to the AGB stating that this would not be possible but he could not show me that. He also asked to add this request to my upcoming reply. I am waiting now for a response from Dell, however, I am not confident that this reply will show any higher level of customer service than I experienced so far.

In my opinion the customer service needs substantial training, Dell should increase their focus on quality and professionalism in customer service, adjust their policies with customers in mind not with focus on getting rid of them once they have made a purchase. The agent's customer service, technical, language, and policy skill level is much too low. Also, the repair process how it is set up here is a disaster, the instructions received are wrong, misleading, and conflicting. There is no real online tracking of the service request. I needed to follow-up on several occasions waiting in phone line at least 45 minutes each time. I considered Dell one of the first Online Business dealers for computer hardware. Seeing now what they are actually doing online via their portal, is lacking much innovation and efficiency.

Given that this was a high price device, the fact that it only lasted one year is indicating how well this devices are produced. Some time ago Samsung was sued for building faulty power supplies failing shortly after warranty was ran out. I am not saying Dell is following that example but it is an odd coincidence a perfect working devices to break right after warranty. Also, there was no indication whatsoever from Dell to suggest a fair way of handling this matter in aspect of repair costs. In total, I paid 1,100$ for a 2,100$ machine after one year. What I did receive however, is an offer to create a new service contract for another 300$ for one year coverage. With all my experience with this case, I am sure paying 1,400$ is not going to improve customer support, product quality and professionalism showed. I am very disappointed about what Dell is doing here and will certainly not buy any Dell product anymore.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

On 12/18/2018 I ordered from Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series (KBL-R) -5579, Docking Station, External DVD Drive & Office 365. The peripherals came first and then on 1/10/19 the laptop arrived. I contacted Dell Tech. Support to get the office 365 downloaded to the new laptop which they did (it only took them 3 hours). During that ordeal I noticed the monitor on the laptop had extensive light bleed from the edges in 5 areas. I photographed the defects and sent the photos to Dell Tech. Support who finally after a week agreed there was an issue. Tech. support agreed to send me a replacement by 1/25/19.

After it didn't arrive I contacted Dell Tech. Support who apparently had no intention of contacting me and they said for some reason my replacement laptop never "got approved" by a supervisor and they were "so sorry" they were no going to "expedite" another one to me by 2/6/19!! I said no I want to return the original one for a refund and all the other things I purchased as I never used them waiting for a usable laptop. They said they couldn't do that as I went past the 30 days of having the items!! I said the reason I went past the 30 days is because they sent me a defective product and I've been waiting patiently for them to resolve it!

They bounced me from one department to another (All based in India) each one hanging up on me or kicking me out to the Auto system after forcing me to explain my situation Each time! At this point I still don't know what's going on or how to resolve my situation with Dell! Bottom Line: STAY AWAY FROM DELL and THEIR CRAPPY PRODUCTS & CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Had computer for one day and and got a blue screen. Service team are useless, two technicians onsite, still no resolution asked for full refund. I have had computer for 2 weeks and unable to use it. So disappointed in service and attitude.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Roughly five years ago I bought a desktop from Dell and a couple years after that a laptop and didn't have many issues with either purchase, but my last experience with Dell has been absolutely painful and they refuse to resolve the final issue I've had with them. I purchased a desktop as a gift for my parents in December 2017 and there have been several quality based issues with the computer since then, but Dell has resolved all of those to date (albeit in a very untimely and burdensome manner). The last problem I've had is when I just received a bill in the mail this month (January 2019) from Dell for $74.19 for a MS Office auto-renewal fee.

First of all, I find it odd that Dell automatically subscribes their customers to a Microsoft product - why wouldn't the computer user need to set up a subscription with Microsoft when they try to use the product that way the person using the computer and software gets billed. Regardless I called Dell the day I got the bill to cancel it as they had not notified me of this subscription and charge. They stated they did notify me via email and after further investigation they had sent the email to the wrong email address even though I knew they had my correct email as all of the order information when the order was placed was sent to my correct email address. Even though they admitted sending the notification to the wrong email address, they still say that they can't cancel the invoice which is absolutely ridiculous.

So to summarize, if you have any issues with any Dell purchase you will either need to spend hours and hours over the phone (usually strewn out multiple days across a couple weeks with a different Dell employees calling you each time and you having to explain everything to them over again) to hopefully get it resolved, or after spending hours and hours talking with them they will just tell you your out of luck.

At the end of the day I feel more frustrated with Dell's customer service than I ever have with any company and will never be spending money on Dell products again. The quality is mediocre at best, I've found it's extremely difficult to solve any problems that come up with them, and there are much better options out there. I just recently purchased a high end desktop from CyberPowerPC and was amazed out how great their customer service was (same or next day responses via email without any hassle) and am also very happy with the quality of the product I received from them. I know there are a lot of other better options out there then Dell as well.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

On 11 January 2019 my son showed me how his Dell Inspiron laptop had separated between the metallic top and LCD. The computer was under warranty, and was to be repaired and returned in 3-5 business days. It took 5 days for Dell to even provide an empty return box via FedEx, but upon receipt we immediately turned the machine around to a FedEx store and it was overnighted to Dell's service depot in Texas. They have had the machine for 9 calendar days, or 7 business days, and I phoned or e-mailed Dell nearly every day to tell them my son desperately need the machine to take back to college on 27 January.

Dell techs repeatedly told me they had escalated my concern and the service would be prioritized. But today, 25 January, Dell tells me the machine won't be returned until around 29 January, leaving us angry, frustrated, and out of luck. Moreover, on reaching Dell's "Advanced Customer Resolution" center, I'm told there are no further steps I can take, no one else with whom I can speak (the representative said his boss would not speak with callers), nor any compensation of any sort for the tremendous time wasted and aggravation caused. The lesson is clear at least to me - avoid Dell!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I reported to Dell Support that following the URGENT BIOS update (v1.8.2) via their Dell Support site that my on-board keyboard would no longer work. I also reported that I had had the keyboard replaced with an OEM replacement but with no success. Despite the device being out of warranty I was told that they would resolve the issue without charge as the root cause was their BIOS update. After spending several hours on the telephone with the Delhi, India support site and giving the technician remote access to my laptop he concluded that the OEM Windows 10 build should be re-applied, and launched that activity.

The next day I contacted Dell Support as directed to continue the diagnostic process but was told they could do nothing further without a paid repair depot submission. I asked only to have the BIOS returned to the previous version (v1.6.0) and was told they would not accommodate such a request. I guess the bottom line is that once the warranty expires Dell abandons the customer even if the cause of a system failure is following their published maintenance/update guidance and software. Buyer beware - there are too many competitors in Dell's market who stand behind their products.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

On 3 Dec 2018 I bought an Epson WF-2750 from Dell and the printer was slower than expected. I have had to change print cartridges 2 times so far and each time I had to manually move the cartridge holder over myself. Now I need to change the 3rd cartridge and I can't get the cartridge holder to move at all! I have just spent the last 3 hours hopping to over 10 different Dell tech support people and they are saying 1. because I am over the 30 day return I can't return to upgrade. 2. I kept being asked for my purchase number and was given 3 different numbers before given the right number that actually brought up my product when asked for the number.

3. Was told I had to go to Epson for their tech support and given the wrong number for that. 4. Hung up on at Epson twice AND I have premium tech support at Dell till 2021! WTF! I have just smashed the printer on the ground outside and will NEVER buy another product from Dell or Epson and I have been buying from Dell for almost a decade now.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We purchased a projector from Dell and it got damaged within few months. Then we tried to contact the customer care regarding this, then they sent us a quotation to make payment.We did the payment against the quotation. But until now nobody visited our office to repair it.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I tried to buy a Linksys wifi mesh system. The site says $379.99. I add to cart and it goes up to $$79.99. I contact customer service and they only say "sorry, it really $479.99." I think if they advertise one price they should honor it. Dell sucks, Bait and Switch. Worse than your average used car lot.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

The following is the email I sent after Dell Tech Support had control of my computer for six hours. Service Tag: **. Service Request Number: **. The following is the result of Dell "tech support" intervention. 1. The problem still persists. 2. Two thirds of the shortcuts on my home screen are gone. 3. All default settings were restored to factory settings. 4. Font was distorted. Then after Pranav denied responsibility, somehow it was miraculously restored. 5. Screensaver was turned off. 6. Entire collection of all documents and folders was deleted. 7. Desktop screen image was removed and returned to default. 8. Deleted connection to my printer. (I continue to find other issues that did not exist before Dell "tech support" made a mess of my computer.)

The Problem: On my own, I have discovered what Dell "tech support” could not. The issue is isolated to PowerPoint, and has something to do with the Arial Narrow font that I use, and the spacing of it. Somehow, my brand new, very high-end Dell computer suddenly does not know how to display this font. Every other computer I open it on displays it perfectly. The Solution: Please research the problem, come to a solution, and select one of these two options... 1. Send me an email with instructions on how I can correct the issue on my own. 2. Call me on Monday evening (January 21 at 6:00 eastern USA time) with your solution, and we'll correct the issue together.

NOT the Solution: Dell "tech support" told me that the only other option is to uninstall, and reinstall the entire OS. I don't know much about computers at all, but even I know that this is an inept way to say that Dell "tech support" does not have a slightest clue what they are doing, so the only thing they know to do is to erase it all and start from the very beginning.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Because my Dell adapter started to fray at the end that goes into the laptop (it's likely a design flaw), I contacted Dell Sales via online chat. The salesperson matched me up with a replacement adapter, I provided my credit card number to pay, and then it occurred to me that the fraying adapter, which I bought in May 2018, might be under warranty. The salesperson said, yes, it was, and advised me to contact Dell Customer Care (rest assured they DON'T care!) so the amount of about $55 would be credited to my account. I had to make about five calls PLUS literally, not exaggerating, 12 emails, and they still refused to give me a credit for my payment.

Their only advice: Send the new one back, they will then give me the credit, and then I need to go ahead and buy the same item! This is utterly illogical. Normally, a reasonable business that really cares about its customers might request I return the faulty item that's under warranty, and they would then issue a credit. But I wouldn't be expected to send the NEW one back.

Another thing: I usually have no problem dealing with people who have accents; actually, it's kind of interesting to hear how people from India, the Philippines, etc. speak. I have a strong NY accent myself! But the Dell guys have such strong accents I could hardly understand a word they were saying. I offered a simple, reasonable resolution, but they have refused to cooperate. Dell is being ridiculous and wasting my time and theirs. I just initiated a dispute through my credit card.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I ordered a TV on Cyber Monday. It broke after a week. The replacement they sent me was broken. The delivery man, who I paid to unpack it confirmed that the screen was broken in 3 places. Dell offered to send me a third TV, but since they didn’t have the same TV I originally ordered, they would only send me a new TV if I gave written consent to waive a new invoice and warranty, meaning if the TV arrived broken, damaged, or broke a week after I received it (like the original), then it would not be covered under warranty. Complete scam. I missed 3 days of work. The deliveries were a nightmare. The first delivery guy told me he would be at my house at 11:30 am, he showed up at 6pm. I never received another call ahead. Missed work, lost $$$...and haven’t had a TV since Thanksgiving. SCAM!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I am not one to write reviews and only do so when either a product is a poor product or I have received dismal customer service. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 15 5000s AMD A8 processor that was barely used during the time we owned it. We made a big mistake in purchasing a Dell laptop about 2 years ago, thinking Dell computers were quality machines. However, about 1 month after our 2 year extended warranty expired, the computer simply stopped working! After updating the Windows operating system as well as getting Windows Office 360 uploaded, the fan suddenly ran at high speed, froze the screen and I had to shut it down.

It was never able to start again and after dealing with Dell Tech support, Customer Support, Staples (where I purchased the computer), the warranty Company, a tech repair shop, it is confirmed that the computer is dead. Repairing it would cost as much as replacing it! No quality laptop should suddenly die after 2 years. I have had an HP laptop for nearly 4 years now that I’ve done many updates and installations on with no issue and still going strong. I’ve owned Apple laptops that keep plugging along to the point that they keep operating for way beyond 4 years.

Needless to say Tech support at Dell would not assist me unless I paid in advance for troubleshooting or I sent in the laptop for $39 after which they would evaluate the cost for repairs. Well I did bring it to a computer repair shop (reputable) and they evaluated and diagnosed it for free and could not get it to communicate or operate at all - it was dead. I also have brought my Apple computers/iPads, phones into an Apple store for servicing and Apple is always happy to assist, even after my Apple Care is expired! Dell would not budge even though my warranty just recently expired. This review however is more about the lack of quality of this Dell product - it’s a piece of junk. I recommend that you consider other manufacturers and stay away from Dell.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Do yourself a favor, DO NOT BUY DELL! My Inspiron 15 5000 series 2 in 1 laptop battery stopped charging shortly after it was one year old. I had purchased an extended warranty for 3 years. After over an hour on the phone getting bounced around and cut off they tell me that the warranty does not cover the battery! Ok so I want to buy a battery. More time on the phone getting bounced around and cut off until I gave up!!! THIS COMPANY HAS NO IDEA OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! DO NOT BUY!!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My laptop is still under warranty, so called Dell because my wi-fi was disconnecting and the sound was getting bad. So I was asked to send in for repair. Then I get an email that they want 120 to repair the laptop which is still under warranty. So I call customer service to see what should I have to pay and was connected to repair department somewhere in India who said to me pay or we sent the laptop back because the problem is not covered under warranty in a very rude way which made me very mad. In short very very very bad customer service and by far the worst company to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Against my better judgment bought a Dell laptop last year mainly because was one of the few 17" screens on the market. Right from start the hard drive played up. During one of early failures the supplied Dell software did an automatic backup of my data. After reformatting and recovering data seemed to work ok for a short while. Wasnt long before died completely. After much difficulty, got hard drive replaced by Dell agent who had never worked on a laptop before. Laptop was not left as originally set up and could not recover backed up data again. Simply asked Dell to leave laptop in same state as purchased so could recover data. They said data not their problem and didn't even try. Went to third party to recover data off old drive and found out Dell encrypt everything making this impossible. Now they want to charge me to return old drive. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Dell, I have Purchased laptop Dell Inspiron 5577 from Hyper Panda Jeddah and still in warranty until May 2020. There is a network 1 device error. I called Dell in Riyadh, they said that contact Jeddah partner Redington because we are not support this laptop, partners Redington and Ensure services are not replying on phone and specially Ensure services if they replied, close phone after seconds or says hello and close phone while you are talking...and even I tried in https://www.dell.com/support/. It gives error. VERY BAD SERVICE.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

My girlfriend year old laptop battery die. So I find a replacement battery for it. I just wanted to know if the replacement at 14.8 Volt Li-Polymer Laptop Battery (4400 mAh / 63Wh) was powerful enough. So I contacted Dell customer service to ask about it. The response I had is this one: "We received your email and acknowledge the same. Please note that the system age is "6 years and 164 Days" and has reached end of life, hence parts are unavailable. Instead of investing in hardware that might not be compatible or expensive, would recommend you to invest in a new machine. Keeping in mind you have been a long-time Dell customer, we can help you configure a new system and give you the best price with additional discounts and below features."

First, I never ask for them for a new battery. Second, replacement parts are available from third party reseller. Third, my Gf computer is just fine for her. So they want me to buy a new laptop starting at around 1,500$, versus a 40.00$ replacement battery. I have a 8 year old Toshiba Laptop and had to replace my hard drive and battery, and they help me with no problem. Ok they ask me if I wanted to replace my laptop, but they gave me the answer I ask for. Too bad for them, I am about to change for a gaming laptop, and willing to buy a one at around 2,000$, but not a Dell computer.

Dell Customer Service Company Information