Dell Customer Service

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am an IT consultant and I regularly advise my clients to purchase Dell workstations to serve their IT needs. I must say, after my experiences with Customer Service, I can’t, in good conscience, make such recommendations in the future. I purchased a new top of the line Precision workstation, and it arrived broken, with a defective and nonfunctional display. Getting it resolved proved to be quite difficult. Customer service could not understand me or I couldn't understand them. All I wanted was someone who was fluent in English, but I could not get anyone willing to help. They are often rude as well. The 5 machine I purchase over the next year will not be from Dell, and neither will the 70-100 machines that my clients purchase.

I have been the owner of several Dell laptops. NEVER AGAIN. Dell turned a standard online purchase into a maddening ordeal. I purchased a power cord through their website since my one year old Dell charging cord stopped working and received my order confirmation. After 10 days there was still no notification that my order had shipped so I checked the status online. My order showed as having an error...there was ZERO communication to me regarding the error status so if I hadn't checked, I would have never known. Apparently there was a delay with my order, which I found out when I called and was told I would receive it a week later. I was told this with assurance.

A week comes and goes, no power cord. Over two weeks w/o being able to use my computer. I get connected to an operator after navigating through their annoying automated system and being told my purchase ID does not exist and I have to repeat it another four times. I am told by an operator who offers no apology or slightest concern that my order is out of stock.

Mind you, the whole experience has felt a little seedy. I almost wondered if I wandered into some sort of scam. I double checked my emails and phone numbers to ensure it was actually Dell I was communicating with. For some reason I felt really uneasy dealing with these people, something did not feel right. I canceled my order and I still have not received a cancellation confirmation or a refund to my PayPal account yet. Needless to say, I will buy my power cord from Amazon and my next laptop will not be a Dell.

My review is in regards to a $99.99 Thanksgiving Day Online Special Sale for an Inspiron I bought. I just spent 5.5 hours dealing with the headache of trying to set up this defective product and request a return. Chat online was 100% useless and told me to call in... What's the point of the chat feature then and waiting 15 minutes to get connected?!

The lady on the phone was very nice, but all Dell calls are outsourced and she kept apologizing about how long the call was taking as it was over 16 minutes to straighten things out. She did approve a 100% refund including shipping, handling, restocking, and the shady previously undisclosed "McAfee" fee only available to me once I started to process the return: "Inspiron 11 3162 $88.45, McAfee LiveSafe Consumer 12 Month Subscription: $11.54"

Very unhappy about this shady McAfee charge I would not have approved. This headache of a defective device keeps fighting to recognize where the internet server is for absolutely no reason, making it impossible to accomplish anything. It is sitting next to my trusty MacBook that has absolutely no issues recognizing the internet. That is a major flaw! A computer that switches off the internet constantly like this Dell I bought is defective and unacceptable.

Additionally, the ONLY reason I bought this Dell was to do photo editing and move photos from my external hard drive to the Dell so I could do Photoshop tweaking, but the Dell won't let me access my external hard drive! It sees the external hard drive, but I can't access it which is absolutely ridiculous. So, I have zero use now for this defective computer. Returning before it gives me any severe headaches or destroys my 5 TB external hard drive or my Mac which are much more important than this awful product.

Lastly, I kept asking both why I was getting a bizarre error message that said: "There is already a session in progress to process your return. Please close that session to continue." I closed all the windows! There is no explanation how to close a session! The lady on the phone said it was because the "servers were overloaded at Dell." You have to be kidding me.

The worst computer decision I ever made was this impulse buy laptop for being an accessory for photos and photo editing to accompany my MacBook. The best computer decision is to return this. Don't even waste your time with this product that has the sophistication of a computer from the 1990s with very difficult customer service. I've been with Macs for about 20 years and will stick with them... Even with the headaches they give me on occasion, at least I can go to a Genius Bar and get real service catered to the brand in person on my laptop if I ever need it... something Dell doesn't offer.

I ordered an Xbox One S Bundle online and requested expedited shipping to be here by 30 NOV. '16. I received a confirmation email and after logging in today to make sure my item was being shipped, nothing could be found. I have spoken to numerous reps who state the item is being shipped and they just "saw my package go out". Still I have not received any emails regarding my package and to be honest their customer service line sounds like a bunch of scammers. To add, one guy told me he packaged my item himself and saw it get packed on the truck for delivery. Ridiculous company and waste of money and time. DO NOT ORDER FROM DELL!

I like Dell.com, I really do, however lately their customer service has plummeted and has became poor. I recently inquired about a product availability to Dell. I underwent thru an assorted amount of steps for speaking with a live customer service representative. In my conclusion I was transferred multiple times and a representative hung up on me because they could not understand the basic general specifics of my inquiry.

Here are the steps you take when you call their customer service number via Dell.com, 1-800-433-2392: you have to answer to a "voice response automated system". You are asked if you are making a "personal or business" purchase. You are then asked if you reside in the U.S or Canada. Then depending on what you choose on the automated system you may have to wait or you are placed on hold until a customer service representative answers to your call. You may get transferred from one representative to the other as they inform you that they are transferring you to a specific department.

When I spoke to the representative, I asked about a product and the representative "hung up on me" because he could not understand the specific questions I addressed to him. I called the second time and had to go through the automated system pre-questionnaire. Spoke to another representative and asked to speak with a "supervisor". I was advised that they only had 1 supervisor, onsite and I required to be placed on hold. I spoke with a supposed "supervisor" at which he asked me the same questions from the automated questionnaire, at this point I asked to speak with someone from the domestic U.S. The "supervisor" transferred me to another person and I asked if he was a supervisor and the representative explains to me that he is not a supervisor, however he works for the purchasing department.

The representative was bluntly honest when he then explained that he is answering the call from "India" and because it's the holidays, Dell.com does not answer much calls in the U.S. (Not good in my opinion). The customer service representative insisted in helping me however he couldn't locate or find the product that I was inquiring about and advised to call back within "2" days.

In conclusion, "be cautious when ordering from Dell.com", because likely your information and ordering process will be processed outside the U.S and if a problem arises within the time you order something, chances are you are going to have to wait or have an extensive time period in waiting for someone to aid you in your concern(s). In conclusion, Dell.com has great deals however their customer service needs superior improvement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell ?

I spent 1 1/2 hours ordering a laptop from Dell. I did not feel secure the entire time I was ordering, especially since I was talking to an associate at 3am in India that put me on hold for 15 minutes at a time because their computers were down! They conduct their business verbally and will not provide anything in writing to include their product quote, a detailed receipt of sale, their financing and their help line agreements.

A week later, I received a letter of refusal on my once perfect credit report due to incorrect keying of the SS #. The helpline said they will fix it in 30 days. Then I received my order (not sure if it was what I ordered) but the box was too water damaged and re-taped so it is going back. Again they verbally reassured me that I will receive a new laptop & software that I ordered, but I have lost all trust. DO NOT do business with a company that has outsourced everything to India and their only response they have for your requests and complaints is, "I'm sorry."

I placed an order and then phoned in to check on it. Took 30 mins of being passed around like a peace pipe, left on hold, had to phone back in, etc. before I finally just canceled the order. During the calls nobody could do anything but transfer me and everyone keeps asking me for all the information related to the order and some personal information. Everyone I spoke to had a thick accent making it very difficult to understand them. I wouldn't give a bucket of urine for the future of Dell. This was going to be my first purchase through them but I never will I buy anything from them. Companies this bad are also the type that would hold anyone for ransom over their FICO score and credit bureau when they are clearly in the wrong.

On October 13, 2016, I called Dell and ordered a replacement 15" LCD display for my customer's broken display. The order taker was very thorough, identifying the laptop model and the correct display. The order was confirmed with ETA October 19-26, 2016. Since then all I have received are shipping delay notices, and it is November 28, 2016 today! A troubleshooter person and number were assigned, but have had no effect! New versions of this laptop are still sold, so I expect all available displays are headed out as Holiday presents. As a longtime customer, this experience is hugely disappointing. I recommend purchases for customers, so Dell is losing my customers' business now - not just mine!

I ordered a laptop and I received it 7 days ago. I realized days later that they did not build it to the specifications in the order and they only installed half the memory I paid for. Seems like a simple thing to resolve right? I spent 1 hour and 52 minutes on the phone and was passed between customer service and technical support... in total dealing with 13 people. How did the call end you ask? Good question. The last person hung up on me. I assume by accident.

I phoned back and I spend another 48 minutes speaking with 3 more people... again being bounced around. I asked for a supervisor multiple times but I was told they are too busy to speak to me. Let's remember here that the only thing wrong was the right amount of memory was not installed by them. To add insult to injury... I paid for premium support. This includes onsite support, yet they refuse to send someone out to install the memory.

This journey started 3 hours ago and I am presently on hold (again). I was told it would be a couple of minutes. I know this elevator music well because it has been 23 minutes. XPS laptop... I love it. I truly wish Dell would pay attention to their customer because although I love this computer, I will not purchase another computer from them. What they do not realize is that I would have been buying 56 laptops within 30 days from them for my company.

Bought all-in-one desktop, AMD A8-7410 24'' Touchscreen 3455 series on 10/23/16. Received on 10/28/16. Tried to play movies, youtube videos, news cast videos. Would only play in black and white with exception of blues and greens. Called Dell support because I had in home warranty which last until April 8, 2017 and Square trade. Three different techs told me after taking remote control over the computer it was software problem and was not covered. BUT they could fix it for $59. Called Sam's Club and was told to ship it back for full refund. Made it within their 30 day window for returns. Shame on you DELL. You're going to have to take it back after all and I would have not had to write this review if you had just done the right thing!

I placed an online order with Dell for a desktop computer. The order was accepted and I was expecting the computer for two day and it did not come. The 3rd day I checked my email and there it was, they sent me an email telling me that the purchase did not go through because there was a problem with my credit card. I called my bank and they said there was not problem with the card. I then called Dell to find out what happened. After wasting 20 minutes trying to leave to automated answering system I was put in hold for 47 minutes.

When finally talked to a live representative I couldn't understand the person's accent and he wasn't able to help me because it wasn't his department. So, back to hold for another 21 minutes. Second person, same issue barely spoke English and did not know how to solve the simple issue of charging my card for an order already placed. And back to hold for 15 minutes, so I gave up. a few hours later called again to solve the problem and I run into the same problem.

The person couldn't speak English and wasn't able to help me. In my last phone call I was transferred 7 times, two of which were to a dead line. I tried to speak to a supervisor but they said there wasn't any. Finally I gave up and decided to buy from another company. I only gave them 1 star because there isn't an negative number to give them minus 4..

I received my 4th Dell desktop 5 days ago. The sound went out yesterday. I contacted tech support this morning. After 30 minutes with the agent controlling my computer remotely, I now cannot turn my new computer on. When I asked for the agent's supervisor, he finally came on the phone and wanted to know what I expected him to do about it. He was rude. He accused me of not being polite to his staff member when I suggested that she was the one who caused the problem. Then he gave the call back to her. Both insist that it is a hardware issue which would have occurred regardless of her actions. My choices now are a home visit to replace hardware or have a replacement computer sent or a refund. I have never gotten such poor service or treatment from an American company in my life. We are known for customer service in this country. This is a shining exception to that rule.

Amazon rocks. Dell does not. Purchased a week ago, installed Norton Antivirus right away, began using PC. I used QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, gmail, and Facebook, normal usage for a PC. Within a few days I noticed ghost touch problems, where random things popped up without my touching anything. The cursor would disappear, etc. Windows options would pop up, Dell Feedback request would pop up, etc. I thought it was a touch sensitivity, so I turned that to slower movement. That didn't help. I called Dell Customer Support and over the course of 3.5 hours on the phone, wherein I was on hold for about half of it and the rep was very condescending, the problem was still not fixed. I spent over an hour requesting a trouble ticket, which he would not give me. Finally, he transferred me to a manager, saying a manager had to issue the ticket.

The manager understood right away that over 3 hours for something like this is not acceptable. Too late to save me as a customer, though. I had used Dell several years ago, and with their good reviews I thought I'd try them again. Because the Customer Support was so unhelpful and rude, I did not want a replacement. Not only did I not want to deal with a similar issue with the PC I also did not want to deal with Customer Support again. I asked several times how long it would take and each time it was "oh, this will take 15-20 minutes."

My son suggested about an hour into my conversation with Dell that I just call Amazon. My son is wise, but it took me another 2+ hours to move on to Amazon. I called Amazon and within 5 minutes I had a return label in my inbox, a credit request for the warranty purchased through Amazon, and a pleasant customer service experience. I have already purchased another PC through Amazon. I have always loved Amazon, and this is why. Customer service is off the charts amazing. I will NEVER USE A DELL PRODUCT AGAIN. And will be a faithful Amazon customer.

Order it because I was having issues with my dell computer, that was just over a year old. After working with these fellow for months, it has been a complete waste of my time and money. Never did it get my computer fix, I had to find my own work around. When I no longer wanted to the deal with them, they harass me for months even after I said do not call me, sent me a refund. No refund and they would not take me off their call list. Last but not least someone call me saying say were from Dell (I has just started working with them) and try to hijacked my computer. Fortunately I figure out what going on and shut them down. Funny thing is that is the one time they were able to help me clean out the computer of what I think was one of their people hack attempt.

Terrible service. I wish I had read some of these reviews before buying a Dell Inspiron laptop 7 months ago. Within a couple of months my laptop began to have problems. Contacted Dell support back in August (this is now November) but my request got forward to India. For the life of me I couldn't understand the guy who tried to explain to me what the problem(s) might be.

To make a long story short, they gave me the runaround for almost 3 months and my computer is still not fixed. Every time this guy told me they were going to do something but something never happened. Now they're blaming me for not filling out a form but no one ever told me anything about such form. I tried to call Dell USA but they told me to go back to the Indian guy. I figure this is a hopeless case and the $1,000 computer is a write off. But I can, at least, do our community a service by outing these guys. NEVER BUY A DELL COMPUTER unless you know you will never have to deal with their customer/tech support. Plain terrible!

I have a computer that has not worked properly from day one. It is 8 months old and under warranty and having a major issue getting it repaired. The warranties Dell provides are misleading. They have trained their customer service department (in the Philippines) to do everything they can to work around the warranties. Horrible company and customer service is even worse. I will never again in my lifetime purchase a Dell product and I will do everything I can to be sure everyone I know stays away from Dell. Run far and fast!

I ordered two new computer systems from Dell, instead of another company, because of the excellent deal being offered on Adobe software. I placed the order and paid for it. The systems shipped but the software was not loaded. It took an entire afternoon for Dell to load the software, but then they could not activate the software because they did not have the product key. I have been in contact with them for several weeks. The most I get from them is, "We are looking into the matter," or "Your matter is being transferred to..." The only thing Dell has done is bounce me from rep to rep with no product key being provided.

The cost for me to purchase the same software elsewhere is $754.22 including tax. I have already paid Dell approximately 237.00 plus tax for the software. When I do finally get the software I will be out far more money. I have lost a lot of work time rekeying documents I cannot work on without the software, and I will need to pay again for a trip by IT company I use to get the software set up. Ordering through Dell has cost me more time and money than I could have imagined. The company is completely non-responsive.

The Dell sales person sold me a monitor over the phone. The sales person told me that free shipping will take over 30 days for delivery. After placing the order, I found the same monitor on Amazon for 30% less and free shipping. I called Dell back immediately, and was advised that Dell policy does not allow me to cancel the order because the monitor has already been shipped, and that I should receive it in 5 days. The sales person lied about the shipping duration. Dell's cancellation and pricing policy needs to more flexible. For the principle of making a statement that a two decade long Dell customer is "unhappy", I will pay for the shipping and return the monitor when it arrives. So Dell is willing to lose a sale by not compromising on the sale price... Makes poor marketing sense.

I called Dell technical support and for over an hour I and others listening via speakerphone tried to understand what the foreigners on the other end were trying to say (What a joke!). They did say my laptop was under warranty, which was no surprise since I only purchased it 8 months ago to play games. When I told them I was playing a game when it went out they then said it was the game's fault "SIM CITY 4" that caused it to crash and not the laptop (So, what is the laptop suppose to do but turn on and make a pretty picture for me to look at and woo over... I think not). "BUT" no problem the foreigners in the Philippines said, even though it was the game that destroyed the inner workings of my Dell laptop, they (more like I and my friends) could get it running by doing the following. Please note all the "I"s in the procedures because there is no they (DELL techs/customer service or whatever you want to call them) helping out until the end.

I needed to locate somebody's laptop to download software from DELL. I needed to transfer this downloaded software to my DELL laptop that had crashed. I needed to contact customer support again and get somebody who can understand English up to speed on where I am at in resolving my warranty problem. I then needed to follow their installation instructions (if I and my friends could understand them) and see if this resolves the problem. IF after all this it still does not work then I would be instructed on what the next procedure would be.

In closing, I asked them countless times if I could just return my laptop to DELL for repair since it was under warranty and they always said NO!!! It was the game's fault for my laptop breaking. Therefore, I and my friends guess, it is DELL's way of getting out of warranting its products (blame it on a game or some other software for its poor quality product). Stay away from this company! Bad news! They are like insurance companies. They (DELL) offers you much but in the end only gives you headaches, disappointment and money out of your pocket. In my case, $287.09 to be exact.

I have had to deal with Dell a lot lately. Every time I have called I get passed through about 5 departments with them asking my info and saying we will pass it along. The next department go through the same process. Then they act like they don't know what's going on. I'll have to make multiple calls and dedicate hours to these people. I had a gift card from them I had to call $ times to get them to finally send it to me. I had to have my alpha r2 repaired once they deemed that I had arrived at the correct department. That one lonely guy was great. He checked into the issue, got a box sent immediately and that was it. Repair is good. The rest is hard to deal with. Just have time on your hands before calling them.

I purchased a Vizio TV from Dell.com for $980 including $75 extended warranty they suggested I purchase because it was not going to be installed within their 30 day return period because of a neighborhood cable repair from a builder cutting the lines. Shortly after the repair, (60 days +/-) the cable company installed the cable lines and unsealed and unboxed the TV only to find the screen was damaged in shipping. I called Dell w/ cable co in the room to report and they were to get back to me in within a week. I had to contact them after a week and they stated that they would not replace it. They told me to call the extended warranty co. I called them and a week later they scheduled someone the next week. Precision was the company that came out and only photographed it, but did not repair it. They told me the extended warranty company (Asurion) would contact me. They never did.

Another week went by and I called Precision who redirected me to Asurion. I called and they declined the warranty coverage and told me to call Dell since they sold me the warranty under the basis that it would cover it. Hours and hours on the phone with Dell directs their calls to foreign call centers with agents that you cannot understand recite Dell's company mantra, "NO!" Dell told me to call the Manufacturer Vizio. I called Vizio. I was directed to a manager and told my horrible story again. She sympathized with me and stated that just that day she has already received calls from 3 other Dell frustrated customers who had damaged TVs sent to them and Dell side-stepped, stalled and hung up on them too. She stated that if I had purchased my Vizio TV from Vizio directly, or a Vizio Authorized Dealer or Reseller they would be able to cover it. WAIT!? Vizio stated that Dell is not even an Authorized Dealer or Reseller.

She suggested I give up on Dell and redirect my efforts to the shipping company. Not being a quitter, I called Dell again to report yet another dead end followed direction. Confused and dazed from all of the hours logged from Dell's run around - Dell suggested I too make a claim to the shipping company - Pilot Shipping. I called Pilot and they have a dedicated Dell guy (nice guy). He took my information and promised to get it resolved. I could tell when I told him about all of the 100's exact damaged TV complaints about Dell scamming others in the same way - that he was not surprised - he had no comment. Dell also does its very best to bury their corporate contact information by design for good reason.

So let's recap - Dells sell and delivers damaged TVs and stalls you and misdirects you. They also sell you extended warranties stating that it covers all problems (including shipping damage post 30 day return policy) which is useless and does not cover what their representative say it does. Then they send you to the manufacturer who they state will cover it for the 1st 12 mos. Vizio the manufacturer scratches their head and tells you Dell is not even an Authorized Reseller or Dealer, BUT if they were Vizio would cover it. Then Dell, Vizio and the Warranty company all tell you to call the shipping company who probably made the least in the entire transaction. Lesson learned?

Dell is a scam company who does not support their customers in any way - they lie cheat and steal - they have the worst customer service ever, their call centers are not even in the USA and it all adds up to the worst retail experience for the consumer. I will cancel the credit card transaction with over 4 pages of documentation of proof if the shipping company declines the claim. Do not trust or buy from Dell - they will steal your money and lie to you. You would have better odds gambling!

This is with regards to the Deals on deal website deals.deal.com on Columbus day sale (Oct 10th 2016). I had the worst of the worst experiences with deal. I bought a Samsung 65" 4K Curved TV for an amazing deal: $1400 + $79 (protection plan) + $400 e-gift card + $70 Dell advantage membership e-gift card. They processed my order immediately but charged my credit card twice ($1479 + $1479). My credit card processed the first one but not the second time as I was low on credit. Somehow I never received my order.

When I got back to the customer service on Oct 17th, they told they had some issue and had to cancel this order and create a new order on the same day. So I created the same order with the same deal. Again there was some issue as they didn't cancel the previous order transaction with my credit card. So this order also didn't go through. I called them again on October 18th and then we had to get on a conference call with Dell support and credit card support and had to clear the previous orders and create a new one. Still the same offer was given to me. I was pretty happy about it until today.

Nov 10th 2016, I still didn't get the e-gift card and the $70 advantage e-gift card. When I called them and asked about it, they told they are processing the $70 gift card only and not the $400 gift card as the offer was valid only until 10/17/2016. This was not what they told me when I bought it. Now, they are saying they cannot do anything about it and if I want they will initiate the returns now and that the amount will be refunded to me in 10 to 15 days. By that time, thanksgiving will also be done and I might not get good deals anywhere.

This is really bad attitude and communication from Dell. Inspite of calls and chats and providing them all the information, they say they cannot do anything. Why should I even think of buying the products from deal website now. When asked about the link where I can write reviews, they say they do not have anything like that. Really pissed off to the core by Deal!!! The 1* which I gave was because I got the TV. Otherwise, it would be nothing for these guys. Please be aware if you want to buy. These guys are the worst cheaters I have come across so far. I have never written any review for any product which I bought online... this is my first one... I have all the proof related to the orders. I have all the order ID's related to the purchase.

I decided today after 3.5 hours on the phone with Dell or waiting being transferred from department to department and still not resolving my technical issues with my computer, that Dell Customer Service "Frankly Does Not Give a Damn" about their customers. They are playing the "we will grind you down so that you hang up and never call back again." I will NEVER EVER buy a Dell product again because their customer service is so bad. And that sad thing is they could not care less.

Our business had purchased 5 Dell computers. One would not boot up. I called Dell support and asked what the problem may be. It was right out of the box. The so-called "support person" tried selling me on a support package and stated he was able to help me until I purchased a support plan. I restated that the pc was new, right out of the box and it would be any computer supplier's responsibility to make sure the computer sold was in good working condition. He outright refused to help. We did get the help required au gratis from another source.

Since then, we have never dealt with Dell, neither purchased any of their products and every time the name "Dell" came up we'd share our experience and advise people to steer clear of that horrible company. I am guessing because of the size of our client base, we may have been responsible for Dell losing tens of thousands of dollars of potential purchases not to mention several companies who went elsewhere for their computer requirements. All because of their greedy, substandard and irresponsible customer service. And from what I have seen online, they have not changed at all. Truly what goes around comes around.

I paid a lot of money for my home computer. Over $3,000 and I have had problem after problem. When you call support you're on the phone for over an hour and

sometimes over 2 hours. The did fix my problem a few times, but my issue now is not getting fixed. I have been on the phone for the same issue the last 4 to 5 times in the last 2 months and every time they say it should be fixed and it's not. I have paid hundreds of dollars for my warranty and it runs out in a few weeks and it's starting to feel like I'm getting the run around so they can say my warranty is no longer good and they don't have to fix it. I am tired of being lied to and I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL EVER BUY FROM DELL AGAIN because it's starting to look like I might as well save my money and just go buy something cheaper a few times. I mean I could've bought 3 good computers for what I spent on this one.

I bought a tablet and when I had to send it in when it was only 5 months old due to the charger not working they got it back to me fast but they cracked the screen. That is when all the trouble began. In September I call and told them. They took 2 weeks to get me a box to send it to them. They got the unit and said they did not have the parts. After 2 weeks I called and they said it would have to be reviewed. Finally they said they would send me a reconditioned unit. Now it is November. The next week I get a unit. It is the same one I sent them with the broken screen. I have tried to talk to them but they do not call back. It is a poor US company that use a foreign country as customer service and will not let you talk to US people.

I ordered a replacement battery and adapter on October 28, 2016. I was sent a confirmation number, but as of today had heard nothing. When I started a chat, I was told that my order had been cancelled, then on a second chat that it wasn't in stock, then on one phone call I was hung up on, then on the last of seven or eight different people via phone or chat, that I could order a different battery, but not an adapter. In all I conferred with seven or eight people. Except for one young man named Rohit, the people I chatted with and/or spoke with via phone did not understand what I was trying to explain, nor did I understand what they were saying.

One of the chats I had was with a rude rep, who did not forward the chat copy to me. She probably deleted it. The bottom line is that Dell needs reps who understand English. As an English Teacher, it has long been apparent to me that most of the service and support reps that I've spoken to at Dell over the many years that I've owned Dell products do not have the level of understanding of the English language that it is necessary for them to have in order to provide the level of customer support and service that a company like Dell should have. Consequently, most of the reps I've dealt with cannot problem solve efficiently, effectively, or at all. I will never, ever, ever purchase another Dell product again. Dell's customer service is shamefully inadequate at best, and at worst economic suicide.

Ordered a Dell 17" laptop from Costco. Which is dropped shipped direct from Dell. Dell shipped a 13". It took a week to arrive. Contacted Costco and they are being very nice!! Received a label to send the 13" back which came from Costco not Dell (remember Costco does not stock either computer), but here is the zinger neither I or Costco can get Dell to say if the correct laptop has shipped or even get an order or tracking number.

Costco had to call Dell to get the exchange started and they had to wait on hold for 25 minutes. Now if Costco does not have the power to get a hold of a Dell rep quickly and questions answered imagine how you will fair. I tried calling Dell and got nowhere. The rep said an order cannot be looked up without an order number. They would not give Costco an order number.

We selected Dell because their customer service was to be second to Apple. Save your pennies up and go buy an Apple. We also needed the computer for my wife who is a teacher and due to an injury cannot be on a computer for more than 40 minutes without taking a break. So this was purchased so she could work at home with a non glare screen. I forgot to mention Costco could not get Dell to even second day air it to us.

My laptop has been tore up since Day 1. I have made several calls and with about all they hang up on me. They told me that they would be right back and 5 seconds they hung up!!! In my opinion they never have the intentions of fixing anything. The day after I got the laptop I started getting a message saying that the adaptor was the wrong one. Today they tell me that it has affected my internal part of my computer. I honestly believe they will never stop what they are doing until they feel it in their pockets. I believe we need to bring a Class Action Suit on them. I mean I have a year long warranty on this laptop and when it is over I have another one that will kick in. But for why??? I mean this is money we spend and expect a product to half work but mine has not!!!

My dell battery has been dying so I looked at replacing it. I saw on amazon comparable batteries for $25 but thought I would check dell first. Their battery was $109 but they offered a 35% discount so I purchased it, and the charge hit my credit card. Two days later they reversed the charge and charged me retail. The representative from visa and I spent over an hour on the phone with them until someone said the 35% discount was correct but all they would do is offer me a $10 coupon. Through email they offered me a $20 coupon. They are a terrible company to deal with and are practicing shoddy business practices. Since I agreed to one price and later they charged me another never again will I purchase a dell product, even if they are the last company on earth. What a horrible experience.

Dell Customer Service Company Profile