Dell Customer Service

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

DON'T ever buy as Dell computer. I have just bought 2 new Inspiron all in one computers. These are the 3rd and 4th Dells I have bought. Right away I had a problem with my computers. When I tried to get help, the only help I could get was from India. I am hearing impaired and I told the people that I need an American so that I could understand them. Turns out no matter how hard you try you can not get an American. Dell's customer service is the worst in the world. I can't even understand someone so I can return them.

While working for Ford Motor Company via service for hire I experienced Dell computer and Dell customer service. IT WAS OUTSTANDING. BIG BUSINESS & BIG DOLLARS Dell is on top of it. However, on an individual basis the experience was not the same; as a matter of fact it was the opposite. The first time I purchase the Dell desktop was on purpose and it was a good computer for a couple of years, but once I needed help it was all downhill. The representative did not speak English nor did they speak and the little they spoke wasn't enough in which an American born citizen could understand; but it's Dell's customer service. I asked for a manager and got Elvis **. REALLY! I explained I was upset and wanted to file a complaint.

Do you know Elvis hung up on me. I never received any satisfaction from Dell. The next computer was a flip top computer and sure I got caught up on the new technology and brought ANOTHER DELL. SAME PROBLEM, BUT A LOT SOONER. Once again no satisfaction from Dell. OMG, why did I make a third purchase and buy another flip top Dell, but this time I purchase a 4 year plan from the computer store. This time when the computer died I took it back to the store, got my money back and purchase a Window Surface Pro. I am very happy, but would like to upgrade to the Pro 4 with the bigger screen. I now have the first flip-top Dell sitting in my China cabinet as a reminder Dell Computer is no friend to the little guy. DON'T BUY DELL.

I ordered a GPU off of the Dell Small Business website. When purchased, the GPU was in stock. This was reflected in the order confirmation, but more importantly in the fact that the words "out of stock" were not listed anywhere on the product page. Shipping would take anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks. Now two weeks have gone by and my order has not arrived. Further inspection of my order's shipping status revealed that the order had not shipped and the arrival date had been "updated" to 1 week from now. It shouldn't take two weeks (now three weeks) to ship something that is in stock and is (hopefully) stored within the greater United States. If it is NOT in stock, and it is NOT stored within the greater United States, I could maybe understand why it would take two weeks (or more) to ship.

Ultimately, Dell has terrible shipping, and unfortunately, customer service can't do anything about it because the people I talk to on the phone and their managers are not directly responsible for any of the protocols regarding the shipping of products. However, someone or some group of people is directly responsible for the shipping of products sold by Dell. It is to those people, and Dell, to whom I direct this review and criticism. You have irreparably damaged my opinion of Dell and the quality of services they render. I will actively avoid Dell products and at every opportunity advise friends, family, and strangers, from involving themselves with Dell in any capacity. You have lost (at least) 1 more customer as of my posting this.

Been buying Dells for years but enough is enough, I have a two year old Dell desktop. Cost me $800, worked great for two years then had a few issues. After a month at the Best Buy store, I was told they cant get parts for it and it is no good for nothing. Really? Cant get parts for a two year old Dell? I am on a fixed income and cant buy a computer every two years, but seems to be the norm for Dell computers. My last Dell laptop lasted just over two years. Must be very poor quality parts inside but if cant the parts what does it matter.

And dont call customer service. No help there. They dont speak English well. All they do is try to talk you into another expensive model, they just want you to buy another computer. Very disappointed in Dell all the way around and will not buy any more Dell computers, nor will I allow my friends or family to buy Dell computers. Going without now and have to use my son's HP, THAT WORKS WELL AND IS ABOUT FOUR YEARS OLD BY THE WAY.

I'm a professional and accomplished business woman. I an entrepreneur who owns my own business. I'm a writer, and I'm also an RN. In March 2016 I purchased a Dell XPS 15 online for business purposes. Within the first two weeks the computer froze. It kept requiring a hard restart, and consequently I lost all my data and work. After numerous calls to customer service (which was in India), I kept being told they would "fix it". I got nothing but lip service. I spent literally over 100 hours on the phone with these people. It was a total waste of my time. Sometimes the calls would last 3 to 4 hours only to find that when I hung up my computer would freeze again.

Finally, after a motherlode of empty promises, they pushed me over the 30 day return mark, and refused to return the laptop when I told them I wanted a reimbursement. Then they asked me to send it in for repairs. So I did. The laptop came back completely stripped of all its original parts even including the power cord. Pathetic.

My hard drive was corrupt -- literally being unrecognizable. I had it looked at by a third party and they said, "You need to be very, very careful. We cannot detect your hard drive." That's when I was unable to do a system restore. It failed. I called Dell and the guy from India told me my computer was corrupt and to send it back in again to be fixed. So I did. And that's when I drew the line. I called and complained and demanded a refund. They would not work with me at all. I spent 3 hours on the phone being rerouted dozens of times. Every person I spoke with said that they could not help me and forwarded me to another department.

I've saved all my correspondence. They sent me emails telling me they didn't have the parts. After more than a month they finally shipped my $2600 piece of junk via Fed Ex and dropped it at my door in the heat. Nice. I asked them to ship it with a signature, and they did not honor that request. Since I've received it, I've refused to open the box. I would recommend going to the Federal Trade Commission on this company if you've had any experience even close to mine. In total, I spent $2600 on this piece of GARBAGE.

I am so grossed out by Dell that I am telling literally EVERYONE my story. Long story short, Dell robbed me. And obviously I'm not the only one. This company is completely corrupt -- not only their products, but their policies and practice. And they have the WORST customer service of any company I've ever dealt with in my life. CASE AND POINT: I HAVE BEEN ROBBED. NEVER -- EVER -- BUY A DELL PRODUCT! STAY AWAY FROM THIS CORRUPT COMPANY!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell ?

We purchased a Dell Inspiron 3455 Computer from Best Buy July 2016. In May 2017, the computer shut off and nothing was displayed on the screen. However, Best Buy directed us to Dell since it was over 30 days since purchase. After troubleshooting with Dell's technical support, I was told that it was a motherboard problem. Two options were given: to have technical support to come to my house or to send the computer to a local depot. I chose to have the technician to come to my house but was later told that option was no longer available. I was reluctant to send it as it may get damaged in shipping. I was told that I could take pictures and send it off. Pictures were taken and the computer sent off in the FedEx box sent to me by Dell.

However, I was later called by Dell and sent a bill to pay for a computer screen that was broken. I advised them that the screen was not broken before it was shipped and it might have been broken during shipping. After going back and forth for over a week, I sent the pictures to them and they decided that they would replace the LCD screen. I asked if I could get a brand new computer since it was still under warranty, has a faulty motherboard and the screen is now broken. They told me no. I asked if I could get an extended warranty as the warranty will be expired in a month and they told me no.

The customer service agents in India were very repulsive. They were aggressive in their tone and got irritable if I asked them to speak a bit slower. I asked if I could get a customer service representative in the USA as I purchased the computer here and maybe they would be more compassionate as I wasn't getting anywhere with the overseas location. I was told no by the escalations department. The complaint was made on May 16, 2017, received the box to transport the computer May 19th, the computer sent to Dell the same day. I didn't receive the repaired computer until a month later. On July 2, 2017, the same problem re-occurred. The customer service agent (from the Philippines) mannerism was much better than the previous, she listened and did not try to speak over me. However, they told me that they still could not replace the system despite the warranty expires in about 2 weeks.

Again they wanted to send the computer to the depot and I insisted on having a technician come to my house. I was told the technician would come July 5, 2017, between 0900 and 1300, I took off from work, but the technician did not come. The technician came today, the motherboard has been changed and it is working now. I also noted that the replacement part was Toshiba... The warranty will be up in 14 days from today and I have a computer that may break again soon. I also noticed on the warranty history, that prior to the sale of the computer, there was a problem that required the computer to be serviced.

As soon as we walked into the sales center, there was a tension in the air from the first hello from the receptionist. She was not making eye contact, she was answering questions with an agitated tone, shuffled papers, and put on a sweater, barely making eye contact. The sales lady that came out was not any more pleasant. My father was in the market for a 55 and over community, he was asking questions about the base unit pricing, and other things. It was not a pleasant experience at all. We looked online for somewhere to complain to Del Webb, and could not find anywhere corporate. I hope this was not an age discrimination situation for he is 85, or because I use a wheelchair.

I bought a computer with a friend of mine so we could share the documents for projects we work on. I now realize that this computer has NO WAY to save data unless we buy a yearly subscription. Dell service would not even talk to me because the computer was bought at Walmart and not through Dell. Why would I buy a computer that has no function to save documents?! It's like a non-computer, computer. This new "change" is not on the box. Previously, I bought a Dell computer and all discs were included. With my NEW computer, there are no discs or any way to purchase discs that I can find. Dell is no help. The email provided is confusing and I can't make heads or tails of it. I HATE this computer and seriously we threw our money away. Shame on Dell for selling a computer with no means to write or save a document without paying a hefty annual fee! Rip off!

I had Dells for years. I buy Dells for the University I work for but from now on my IT department is going to build their computers from scratch because I am seriously disappointed. I purchased a Dell XPS 13 about a year and a half ago. I also purchased the premium warranty (with technician at home) for 2 years (expires on March 2018). Few weeks ago I called the technical support complaining about an issue with the laptop. The top left bottom part of the computer detached completely and it makes the laptop difficult to use. The pc itself works fine. I told them that about 1 year ago I procured an accidental damage on the top part of the computer but this issue just started few weeks ago on the bottom part. I spent about 1 hour at the phone and the representative told me specifically he had permission from his supervisors to fix the bottom part under my premium warranty even if I don't carry accidental damage.

He told me three times he got special permission from his supervisor and I didn't have to worry. The only thing they told me is that they couldn't send a technician at my place (even though I paid for it) but I had to send the pc to the depot. I did and I've been without my computer for an entire week (I work with it, this is why I paid for the home service). They called me few days ago telling me they wanted over $239 to fix the issue and when I told them about the supervisor they didn't care. They sent the computer back.

To make things better, the charger plug is now completely detached (it was absolutely fine before sending it to them) and I cannot even charge the computer in a proper way. I just talked to a "supervisor" or at least this is what he told me. He said he doesn't have anything on his records saying they told me I had a supervisor approval and when I told him to go back and listen to the recorded phone call he said it doesn't matter, even if they told me that.

I have had bad customer service, but these people win the prize. Not only do they provide terrible service, they are not very nice in the process. I purchased an Inspiron in November 2016. It developed touchpad issues within two months. Dell gave me the option of sending the computer to them for repair, or sending a technician to my home. As I was leaving town for a couple of weeks, I chose the first option. While I was away, I received an email asking for permission to reinstall the OS. I responded in the affirmative the same day, and received an acknowledgement that the work would be done.

About two weeks later, I received my computer with a letter saying that the repairs were not done because I had not given permission to reinstall the OS which was, of course, incorrect. I immediately called Dell and asked to be able to return the machine to have them finish the work. They refused. Essentially, I was told to fix the machine myself by reinstalling the OS. The tech got me started, but over a not-very-reliable wireless connection, something went wrong and the computer was, literally, fried. No keys would work, no navigation was possible, completely non-functional.

What followed for the next couple of months is beyond belief. Countless calls to tech support. 35 emails to Dell in my sent items box. I was told to buy a flash drive, go to the public library (my other machine is a Chromebook which would not work) and download the OS and reinstall it myself. I was not willing to do that, and after some cajoling, Dell sent me the OS already loaded on a flash drive. However, as I said, the machine was fried, and installation was impossible.

After more begging on my part, they sent a nasty technician. These people need to understand that they are guests in customers' homes and mind their manners. His attitude was that he was doing me a great favor. After some work, he declared the computer as good as new and began a reinstallation of the OS. He refused to stay until it completed, saying that hardware, and not software, was his responsibility. Ten minutes after he left, the installation crashed. Multiple emails and calls followed, with no results, until I threatened to contact the corporate headquarters in Texas. They then agreed to a replacement and I got - a used computer. This makes no sense to me. I purchased a new machine that lasted two months, which was ruined by Dell's negligence. After several months of not having a machine, I ended up with a used computer.

Not surprisingly, this replacement machine went bad after two months' use. The screen image shifts to the right. I spent about 40 minutes with a technician last week who promised me that the situation would not occur again. Two days later, same problem resurfaced. I contacted Dell and expressed dissatisfaction with having to deal with a used computer when, had they compared the original machine while it was in their possession, no replacement would have been necessary and, since the situation was due to their error, I should receive a new computer, not a used one.

I received a call suggesting that we start into the OS reinstallation route again, to which I would not agree, since this was what ruined the first machine. Another manager called me yesterday to inform me, in no uncertain terms, that no replacement, new or used was forthcoming, and that I should simply accept the fact that failures of this type, according to him, are inevitable. I am going to discard this machine, cut my losses, and buy another brand.

Well, I am pretty upset. I ordered a USB system restore disk and there is nothing I can do with it. The instructions that came with it don't match up to the computer I bought it for. So what good was the service tag? I searched everywhere to figure out how to do this and tried everything. The computer did not recognize the usb. So I can't use the USB. I was on chat for an hour and didn't get past the basics. They tried selling me a new warranty for $188 on my laptop and they would give me support. Are you kidding? I just spent $22 for a system restore they used to provide for free! And now I have to pay for the system restore and then pay for the technical support because their product doesn't work. An hour of waste. Then they called me to say I didn't order the disk from them and they couldn't help. I did order it from them. From the same chat that I was chatting with them on! DELL is a rip off.

Well let me start at the beginning, I purchased a computer back at the beginning of May and got email and voice confirmation that it would be delivered on or before May 12th. I waited and waited for order status to move and it didn't so I called them and that night I got an email saying my order was built and going to shipping. Then I got an email with a FedEx tracking number that still to this day has never had an entry or status change. A week later a customer service agent found what I was saying about the computer not moving... it was never built. He gave me a discount and started a new order and same thing waited and waited.

Finally shipping on the day it was supposed to be at my home. It mysteriously was in Mexico and Texas at the same time and then they sent it to Indiana and then to Minnesota. Fedex dropped it off. No signature. 2800 dollar computer. Nice job Fedex and all seemed good now. Every other day I am getting a notice from Dell that I need to return the first computer... never built. Never shipped. But they want me to return it so I gave them copies of the emails from the customer service rep that showed it never existed and they sent me an email saying not to worry it was cleared up only to keep getting emails every other day from Dell returns.

With my purchase I received Dell reward points so I ordered a set of headphones and supposedly they shipped the next day June 7. The order shows it was sent UPS mail innovations to Minnesota and then transferred to USPS on June 12. Well I am still waiting a week later spending over an hour on hold with UPS and 2 hours with USPS both claiming not to have my product. My delivery date was 6/15 and it never came. Called Dell customer service and the rep I talked to on the 16th said he was expediting another order and it would be here on 6/19. Well no surprise he didn't send the email he said he was going to and the item still never arrived.

I called Dell again today 6/20 and talked to a customer service rep and she said the item was coming but couldn't even provide any details, I had more information than she did and I asked to speak with a rep in the US and found out they don't have any here. She kept telling me to calm down which only made me madder and I told her may I should take Dell to court. Her response was, "Go ahead and try to sue a multibillion dollar company." I hung up on her.

My computer stopped working after FIVE WEEKS, and they sent someone to my house to fix it. He was sent the wrong parts for my computer, so he left, and I proceeded to spend an hour on the phone with a man who tricked me into going through 30 minutes of software procedures even though I was very clear that the problem was with my hardware because he was trying to sell me software insurance! It was absurd! I had to be RUDE so that he would finally stop the tests, which I didn't want to do, and then he put me on hold for over 15 minutes and then gave me TWO MORE NUMBERS to call! No one else I spoke to spoke enough English to understand or help me until I spoke with someone who informed me that they had been giving me the wrong insurance information the entire time, and that I would actually have to send my laptop in for repairs. I do NOT trust them to fix it and I will NEVER be buying a Dell product again. Unacceptable.

I bought the highest version of XPS in 2016 with home service repair. Within the first 30 days the XPS began having issues. The Bluetooth failed, and the wireless card was replaced. The wireless became erratic after 30 days, the wireless card and antenna were replaced, the wireless continued to be erratic (i.e. failing every 30-60 min requiring a restart), then began the maddening calls to and from Dell, then the computer was shipped and 7 days later it returned with hard drive replace and wireless card replaced (again). Day #2 upon its return, the device goes into a blue screen every 1-2 hrs and reboots. Voila... After almost 1 yr it is just a worthless piece of decorative item (for over $3000!) that I gave to my daughter and even she can't use it (even a 9 yr old does not like to see blue screens while listening to music).

In the meantime, I have purchase a Microsoft Surface Book (so far very happy... and fingers crossed). But irrespective of that, I think I know about the "new" Microsoft is that as a business user, I can count on them to just replace the "lemon" device as long as you have service and warranty. At least that gives a business user willing to spend money some insurance. What Dell has refused to do through this entire time is to replace the system. They have this casual assumption that people (or at least business users) have this infinite time along with infinite patience to just sit around and wait for call backs, or to be on calls that lead nowhere to the CORRECT solution. Replace the system and Dell deal with it. It is for this reason I will personally never buy a Dell again, nor will my kids, nor will my family, and I will make it my mission that nor will my friends.

In the 21st century, there are business that "get it"... and businesses that will "never get it"... Dell has to be of the latter type. My last email to Dell after dealing with this issue for over 6 months is as follows: "Please stop apologizing. This issue has been going on for 6 months now. It is clear that Dell knows how to apologize and lose a customer (FOREVER) and gain negative publicity. The reality is that this is all nothing more than sugar coated terrible customer service and a crappy product. You are responsible for the entire system. Especially since you had the machine shipped to you for 7 days! The correct answer right now after all this trouble, time, and my patience is to get me a new system and pick up this piece of junk. I do not want your 2 hr window for call back anymore."

"Do you think that this is how businesses run??? Do you think that this is why I paid for home repair service and warranty to Dell? Please pass this message to your senior management. Either send me a new system and remove this system from my premises, or send me an email stating that you guys are helpless, useless, and apologetic. Once I get that email I will toss this system in the garbage."

I spent $2,000 on a Dell laptop in Feb 2016. Apparently warranty expired Feb 2017. In June 2017 my computer was acting strange, called tech support at Dell. Apparently they outsource to India. After a lengthy chat online and they really were no help they tried to get me to buy an extended warranty. The price kept changing. I was uncomfortable and hung up, called tech support line and got another Indian and his price was less for this so-called extended warranty. But then wanted me to buy some virus scan system. I felt this was just too weird. Called a local repair person, it was the hard drive, which is crazy but anyway, it was replaced for $125 and working fine. Dell is a rip off, stay away! Stick with Apple that you can go into a store and see the whites of their eyes and understand their language.

In February 2017 I purchased a 2016 Dell Inspiron 15 5000 laptop. It sits in a quiet work space and does not get moved or manhandled in any way. Three days ago my power cord AC adaptor stopped working. It would only charge my battery if I held and pinched the cord a certain way. I saw my computer repair guru today who hooked the cord up to voltmeter. At first it said 0 (zero), but when he wiggled the cord and pinched the spot where I instructed the volts hit 19.5 just like they should. So... diagnosis is problem in cord not in computer.

Called Dell... not included in my warranty because I (or someone) damaged the cord. Seriously. It looks brand new, in perfect shape, 5 months old and never gets moved. Nope, no warranty coverage. He transfers me to Tech Support who says now it's NOT a power cord problem, it's the port inside the laptop itself. That can be repaired at a Dell facility for around $250 and 16 business days. But it still might just be the cord problem. This second guy was much ruder than the first but his English was a tint bit better.

So they refuse to send me a new AC power under warranty. Just for fun (because they are not getting another penny of my money) I look at power adaptors on Dell website... $65. I can get a compatible cord from Amazon for $28, guess which one I ordered. Never buying Dell again. Pissed me off over what is likely to them a $20 cord at most. A friendly and helpful tech team would have gone a long way.

I purchased a laptop for my husband for Father's Day and used my DFS account. I paid extra for next day delivery. I received the order confirmation e-mail and waited for the laptop to arrive on the estimated date. When it was not received, I went online and noticed that the order was never shipped. I contacted Dell and was told that the order was on hold because DFS had not authorized payment. I checked my DFS account and the amount was taken from my available balance. I tried e-mailing both DFS and Dell (no response) and online chat (not much better) and phone calls. The calls are awful. I was transferred to 4 different reps and not one could help. They told me I called the wrong service number and gave me the correct number which happened to be the one I called.

Finally I was put on hold and hung up on. The next day I tried online chat again. I was basically told to call that same number that I did not receive any help on. At this point I just want to cancel the order but they cannot do that either - because (wait for it) the order is on hold. I have contacted so many different reps and not one has been able to help. I just want to be done with this Dell nightmare. The order is still on hold and even DFS has no idea why and they are supposedly the ones who have not authorized payment. Not sure what to do next!!

I really hope this finds someone who gives a hoot. I have tried for a year to get power adaptor cords for two AX510 sound bars and no one seems to care and always ask "how have you been using them." Duh! I have not been able to use them for they have no power supply. Spent another hour on the phone going from customer service to sales to tech support and back to sales. Tech guy says he will tell sales what I need and then they say he left the call and they have no idea what I need. Simple. I have two AX510 and I need the AX510PA version with the power adaptor that plugs it into the wall outlet for power when the monitor does not have a female power outlet on it.

This outsourcing makes me wonder if these people have ever even seen one of the units. No wonder star ratings are at one star right now and I really don't expect any response from this either but I did my part and now have two expensive paperweights on my desk that will remind me and all my customers circulating through my two stores as to why we do not trade with Dell any longer.

I cannot in good faith ever spend another cent on a Dell product as long as this goes unsettled. The sales rep kept cutting me off and I finally told her to please let me speak first and she cut me off again. At that point I lost my cool and asked her to just shut up and let me finish. I had started speaking first and she was hell bent to let me know how stupid I was for calling on an order this old and how have I been using them was all she could focus on. I have not nor will I ever be able to use them the way it looks. She then hung up on me and that is probably for the best because it was about to be the same thing I have been dealing with since January.

I called the day after I received them but always the same. No help. I try and cool down and call again maybe to get new folks that understand what I am asking for and maybe someone who cares about customer satisfaction just a little more but always the same. I am the dummy. Oh well, I give up. At this point can't wait for computers to start getting old in my two business so I can begin replacing with something else. I am at my wit's end. CUSTOMER SERVICE TERRIBLE.

I called because I need a new keyboard for my desktop. Agents could not answer my question about replacement and I was switched to up to 5-6 people and none could answer a simple question. I am seriously upset and will be buying a HP! Poorest service ever!!!

I contacted Dell 31 days after the purchase of an Inspiron 13 2-in-1 Laptop. It had several problems with the cursor and touchscreen and sound which would occur randomly and intermittently. 6 months later, after working with I believe 3 technicians, returning it for repair twice and having a local repair person sent to my home twice, Dell will not replace what is obviously a "lemon". I have spent hours dealing with technicians, repairmen, the "escalation representative". And weeks without my computer which I need for my work.

Dell refuses to replace the computer. What kind of customer service is that? It is terrible customer service. Dell should be ashamed of themselves. They have probably already spent the cost of the computer trying to fix it, and in the process, they have a customer who will NEVER recommend them. Their "escalation man" told me it would do no good to try to contact anyone at Dell... It would just be sent back to him, and Dell has a policy to never replace a computer after 31 days. I have lost $700, plus work time lost, and I have no reliable computer. Dell does not care about anyone but Dell. Hope they enjoy the $635 for nothing.

Dealing with Dell customer service should be classified as cruel and unusual punishment. I ordered some graphics cards from Dell. On 6/8, the day AFTER they were supposed to arrive, I called Dell to ask where they were. After holding for about 5 minutes the operator came back and told me that they weren't in stock anymore. I told them that it shouldn't matter if they are in stock NOW, because I ordered them the week before when they were in stock, paid an extra $50 for expedited shipping, and they were already supposed to have been delivered. I continued to hold while he said he would look into it. 15 minutes later he comes back and says. "Our mistake, your order will arrive on 7/11."

I said that I had a confirmation with a delivery date for 6/7, so why would it take an extra month? He seemed very annoyed and said "OK, we will have it to you 6/11." I thanked him but it seemed really odd the way he changed his mind so quickly so I asked him to send me a confirmation email that clearly stated a delivery date of 6/11. Instead I received an email that said they would ship the item as soon as they had more in stock. I called them back right away the next day to get clarification. I spent 3 hours on the phone with no less then 12 different Dell anti-customer support techs. Somehow I managed not to yell or get angry sounding with them, because I know that then they feel justified in not helping you. Still, they mysteriously dropped my call 4 times before my last call, when I was sent to a lady whose primary job is to endlessly place me on hold for 5 to 10 minute intervals in an effort to get me to hang up.

After about 20 minutes of this game I asked WHY I was being placed on hold. She replied that she was "checking on the status of my order." I told her I knew the status, but needed to talk to someone in Order modification. She asked if I would hold, and when I said no, placed me on hold for another 10 minutes anyway. When she got back on the line I asked why she placed me on hold. She told me that she was "checking on the status of my order". I laughed and asked "So, is this your job? Just to keep people on hold until they hang up on you?" After I said that, she hung up on me. Now every time I call back my call is mysteriously dropped right after I enter my order number in the automated system. WORST. COMPANY. EVER.

Worst customer service and technical support!!! Our company ordered 3 laptop Inspiron 15 5000 Series. One is not working. So I called 18006249897 for technical support. The guy picked up the phone is nice, but asked bunch of unrelated question, until we could talk about replacement. And he let me wait for a bit and come back saying that it will take him 24-48 hours to apply for a replacement, but if he transfer me to customer care they would be able to help me with replacement right away. He sounds like it's easy. Ok, why not.

So I've been transferred to customer care. The other guy told me he can't help because it's technical problem and transferred me to technical support!!!! I complained that I just talked to technical support, but he total ignore me and transferred me anyway without my agreement. This guy doesn't even know Ontario, CA is part of United States!! He said it's Canada. I ended up waiting on the phone and been transferred back and forth. Such a terrible experience. Their online chat doesn't work well too. You click the chat button, nothing comes out! The worst experience. Can't believe Dell such a big company, but such a bad customer care! Please improve your service!!!! Don't even want to give One star.

I purchased a $3000.00 laptop and dual monitors at the end of March. One of the monitors did not work… I tried to get a replacement, but your staff was unable to replace it. They provided me with an option to replace the monitors with 2 different monitors to match… I wasn’t happy with this but I understand sometimes suppliers cannot always meet demand and the alternative met my needs. I have since been contacted from your staff that is poorly versed in American English that I can barely understand saying that they are unable to exchange the 2 monitors.

Over several weeks they have called back saying they are working on it… They now tell me that they can’t perform the exchange due to my address that they sent my original order to is an invalid address. They prefer to provide me a full refund, and have me re-order than to fix the problem… The only thing about this that has been good is they have kept me informed… Unfortunately every time I have been called I have been told how my original order is unable to be filled to my satisfaction. This is not the only time I have been unsatisfied… I recently had to have service performed on a server and it took months to get a resolution due to a raid drive failure.

At this point I cannot continue to recommend Dell to use at my company or to anyone I have dealings with. There has been a significant deterioration in service and since I am dependent on these machines for my livelihood I cannot continue to have undependable products or service because I won’t be able to service my customers.

We have used Dell for our office's desktops and laptops for years -- until today. Luckily, I am in charge of selecting new computers across the board this month -bye bye, Dell. Our president damaged his laptop and we sought to replace it ASAP. Ordered it online, completed payment with no difficulties and requested repeatedly expedited shipping with multiple phone calls. No help. Laptop supposed to arrive between today and early next week.

Today, at the end of the day, we received an email that said it was the second email (no first email) and final email before our order was canceled, due to security issues. Please call them. Called immediately. They were gone until Monday, by which time our order would be cancelled. Bank tells us that Dell has received our funds without question. No money. No laptop. No more Dell ever in any of our offices.

I purchased a Dell laptop and a three year tech support extended warranty. I have had nothing but "lip service" from the people who troubleshoot these computers. They have several times, taken control of the computer, and I have spent many hours (20+) on the phone with them to try to fix my Dell laptop. The service rep changed a lot of things, tried for hours to repair the issue, and never resolved the issue.

After calling another few times, I finally got a supervisor in India who tried to work with me to fix the issue, he could not. Now, two months later, they asked me to send the computer to the factory in Texas for repair. I do so, and when it returned 14 days later, I had the same problem. It was not repaired properly! What else can I say??? This is not an isolated incident. I have experienced this non customer service several time over the year... and all I get from the higher ups at Dell is, "We will make a note of this, and it will not happen again". By personal experience, I am no longer a believer.

Their equipment is horrible so no doubt at some point you will need to call them back. When you make that call, brace yourself. They have the very worst service. At one point, the woman hung up the phone. When I attempted to call back, I got the same woman. She hung up again. I wrote in a complaint and no one ever acknowledged my complaint. To say the least, I have had to throw away a 1 year old laptop because it is simply worthless. Save yourself the trouble and run to buy something else. I loved the convenience and the credit so I thought it was a great deal. However, don't do it!!! They should be out of business they are so bad!!!

I bought a Alienware Aurora in Jan of this year. 4 days out of the box I was having performance issues and lag as well as not being able to post to Facebook (I am a social media manager). The only way I could fix it was to manually reset my computer. Faster forward to today. Now Dell is telling me that it is a software problem and that since it is a software and not a hardware problem that I will have to pay them to fix my computer. My problem is this. I have had this problem since I took it out of the box. Dell sent me a defective computer and to fix the broken computer they sent me they want more money. Is this a scam?? I would only expect that they would replace it since it was broken from the start. I am going to buy a new laptop. You will be for sure it is not from Dell. I would stay away.

I purchased a Dell laptop in Feb. After waiting two weeks, I contacted Dell to see why the order status had not been updated. I was told the order had been cancelled due to a credit card fraud issue with our account. I then ordered a new laptop that was delivered quickly. Two months later, the original "cancelled" laptop appeared at my door. Then, I ordered toner for my printer. Three weeks later, the toner is not here.

I spoke with a customer service rep and was told there was a problem. This order was also cancelled for a reason he could not/would not describe. I was asked to repeat the very order they were cancelling and that they would send it with a discount. Two days later, the new order of toner has still not shipped. None of this makes sense. It appears that Dell has assumed no one will buy anywhere else regardless of how poorly they treat the customer. Their word obviously means nothing as they ship orders two months later that they claimed to have cancelled. They also cannot get toner out of their door in three weeks and again in days. Staples could have had the toner here the next day. My next laptop will be HP and Staples, not Dell, will get all of my accessory orders. My business has purchased nothing but Dell for 22 years. That ended now as Dell has sunk to an all-time low and does not seem to care.

If you purchase warranties they refuse to provide warranty HARD documents in the mail for your home reference. Today's date: 5/23/17. I have 2 emails from Dell VERIFYING my 3 warranties coverage until May 2019. Despite this they refuse to do any warranty work. On SEVERAL tele calls their Warranty Dept VERIFIED my warranties; they then changed the info when push went to shove. This is not the first trick Dell pulls. Every time on every issue Dell will back out or change their terms. I am too old and ill to "pick this battle to fight" so I just want to warn any future potential Dell customers. Run from them.

I submitted a request in Dell customer care for my laptop issue. I got a call from (**) in 22/05 that my laptop will repair tomorrow (23/05) at 16:00. Please be available. I taken a leave from my office. Today I called (23/05) at customer care (1800 425 2067). Mr. ** was speaking with me. He was told me my laptop will not repair. These guys are making customers fool only. Please give me a satisfied answer and please repair my laptop.

Dell Customer Service Company Profile