1.13/5
Based on 185 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

4332 Dell Customer Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

The experience began poorly and went down from there. It was difficult to understand the customer service person, and he had difficulty understanding me. I had to repeat the number off of the back of the computer at least eight times. I was transferred from that person to another (again, language barrier), only to be told I must, again, be transferred. Needless to say, starting over and knowing I would get nowhere, I told the representative I was not interested and planned not to buy Dell in the future and write a negative review. He said, "It is your right..." YES, his standard message did not, even, include an apology. This was a very disappointing experience, although, not surprising.

Original review: June 16, 2018

My laptop Alienware 17 lost charging abilities. The repair guy came to my house to fix it since I have home repair next day. He found that motherboard needs to be replaced and asked Dell to approve the part. Dell declined and told me to send laptop to their facility for repairs. Now I have to wait 3 weeks for repairs and I'm sure those brain dead technicians will destroy it more. I paid for in home repairs but they didn't care. Dell!!! Find people who understand English. This is last time I purchased from this company. I hope they will go bankrupt. Have to go with Apple. No brainers.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

It is my understanding that Dell has outsourced their customer service to a company in India. I asked to be transferred to a Dell representative in the United States. The request was refused. They told me they couldn't transfer me. On 6/14/18 I made several calls over almost 3 hours in an attempt to respond to their email asking me to call regarding my laptop that was sent to repair. I was told that they couldn't transfer me to the technician repair my computer and they would send the technician a message to call me. I'm still waiting. I paid extra for premium service. Dell blew this!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I ordered a laptop, a Dell XPS 13-9370, online on Tuesday the 12th. My initial payment method didn't go through for some reason. I got an email about "an issue processing [my] payment," which was odd because I had just used that same card to order something on Amazon. I thought, "Okay, maybe my bank wants to put this massive order on hold for fraud." I called Customer Service and spoke to an agent named Rachel, who quickly understood what was wrong and helped change the payment method. I thought everything was okay and that my order would be shipped to me before the 18th. I needed it before the 17th, and Rachel said it would be expedited since I was willing to pay for it. On Wednesday the 13th, I checked online and it said my order was still on hold and payment was still in process.

When I checked my bank, I found out that I had been double-charged $1400 for a whopping total of $2900, rounded up. I called Dell again and got connected back to Rachel. She said the order was on hold and that it would be shipped by the 18th, which was too late for me. I needed it before the 17th. She told me to call the Order Modification department, who could resend my order in a timely manner without charging me. When I spoke to an agent in Order Management who did not tell me her name, she said she didn't know what to do. I asked to speak to her manager. Her manager, Camila, told me that the only thing she could do was cancel my order and reorder the entire thing. That meant, according to her, I would be charged $1400 a third time! I refused to pay a third time and demanded to speak with her manager.

She said her managers don't speak to customers. I told her that that isn't good customer service and she put me on hold and transferred me to the Tech Support team, which 1: doesn't make sense and 2: means she didn't want to deal with me. I felt bad for the guy I spoke to, Gopal, who transferred me, after listening to me rant for five minutes, back to Customer Care. Paul at Customer Care took my call and said that he was looking over my case. He put me on hold and next thing I know, I'm talking to Rachel again. I got upset at this point. After telling her everything, I decided enough was enough. I cancelled my order completely and asked for a written confirmation of all of my money, the $2900, to be refunded to me. Thanks to her, I was able to talk to Divya in the Credit Card team who made sure my case was active.

I wanted a confirmation in writing, because I didn't trust their words anymore. Kevin and Sheriff, who was a manager, in Customer Care helped me out and sent me confirmation emails with the guarantee of refund in writing. I told them that they need to fix their customer service if they want to be successful, thanked them, and went about my day. This is the first time, and last, I've personally bought from Dell. I have a relative who had to pay over $3000 to Dell after they screwed up her order. I spoke to someone who told me that they were charged $7000 total for a $1800 laptop and never received it. I'm a student, I have enough stress on me.

This was unnecessary and completely irresponsible. I work in retail; I know that a company works based solely on reputation. If this is how Dell, one of the leaders in American computers, works, then I hope they go out of business. TL;DR: I tried to order a laptop, got charged twice, spoke to 8 different people in the span of 1.5 hours, ended up cancelling the order, wrote a 3600-word essay/review, and am going to buy from HP. Thanks Dell, for losing a customer who was willing to pay for expedited shipping.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I am only writing this because I'm incredibly displeased at the customer support offered by Dell. I've been trying to talk to them and solve the problem with my laptop. I've been placed on hold and waited for transfers for over 20 hours now. Not only that but they lie in their reports about offering me service or trying to contact me, saying that I refused, hung up in their face or just didn't answer. I actually once tried to mention a call I never did to see what their answer would be and what I was told was that "I hung up again and never answered when they called me back".

My wife called them while she was in Canada and was told she should wait for them to send assistance, which never happened. Once again we called from Brazil and were told that we can't receive assistance because we were outside of the US or Canada. Later on we called them once more, and were forced to stay in a call for over two hours to try to solve our problem. The person that was supposed to be giving us assistance automatically thought we were just trying to get free stuff and kept insisting in not letting me talk to any manager, he even transferred the call several times to other completely unrelated people, like tech support and then to another coworker. When he finally transferred it to his manager we were put on hold for 40 minutes (this is an international call) and then the call dropped. So I got no solution at all.

When trying to contact Dell once more, I'm informed that this same guy who kept me on hold on an international call for so long wrote in the report that he "offered me a special service as goodwill, but I refused because I would need to be in the US or Canada". Interestingly enough I was actually on my way to Canada just two weeks after that so if I really had that opportunity I would have taken. Instead, I got a huge phone bill and got my case even harder to be solved now that in the report it says I refused a special exception.

After that, now in Canada, I exchanged emails with Dell to try to receive the service we requested so long ago and have been trying to get it solved since then, and after a long time sending and receiving emails I am given a number to call that will supposedly help my situation. The number ends up being the regular customer service line, in which I spend a few more hours talking to the employees, sometimes they even bring me hope saying they will be helping me out, and that they know exactly what should be done and will transfer me to the correct area that WILL solve my problem. But then transfer me to the very beginning with the electronic call manager (that robot voice who takes your calls), and then to someone else to whom I have to explain the whole situation again and receive no help at all.

So to recap, I requested in-warranty service from Dell, who never touched my laptop or even tried to do anything about it. Later when I ask them to please do the service I requested they tell me that it is not possible. Then again they make me go through a long time in calls just to drop me and lie in the report saying they were great to the "mean customer". Since then all I got were false hopes and more hours in hold & transfer. Normally I would not care if a computer I bought started having some problems and might just get a new one or get it fixed. But this was a gift for my wife. Not only I feel betrayed by the brand that gave me a malfunctioning product, I feel like I am the bad guy here because I gave her a gift that was supposed to be a reliable and versatile computer, but in reality ended up bringing me headaches and struggle.

I used to say good things about Dell. In my workplace, where I am one of the owners, we actually own several of their computers and never had a problem with their service. It got so much different when I have to talk to them as a person instead of a business. But I am sure to not purchase anything from them anymore because I don't want my business, where we strive to give the best service to our customers, to have any link at all with Dell, who treats their customers like filth. I strongly recommend everyone to NOT buy from Dell ever. It is already well known that Dell's computer and laptop replacement parts are hard to get. If anyone knows how to finally get this solved, I would be incredibly grateful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: June 9, 2018

MY Service Request: **. I visited Tata Croma, R City today again as per your advice to get my laptop replaced. Tata Croma is saying that they need some DO letter from Dell representative to get it replaced. Even the Dell Sales representative present in Tata Croma confirmed that there is some problem with this purchased laptop. I want to remind you that after my purchase of laptop on 20 May, 2018, I had gone to Croma on the next day with this faulty laptop to get it replaced and that time they told me to get technical support from DELL. Since then I have had several rounds of talks with DELL Technical support team in last two weeks... I am hanging like a PENDULUM.... between the two!!!

Is it the irony of fate or my ILL CONCEIVED DECISION to CHOOSE DELL over other good brands available in the market? I must tell you that the last time I had purchased laptop was LENOVO in June 2009 and believe me it is still working fine with some scratches even after 8 years. But this time I thought I should take a chance with DELL as some of my friends are using it. And it turned out to be THE WORST DECISION FOR THIS YEAR FOR ME. And in every mail you are writing "Thank you for choosing DELL"... Big disappointment!!

It has been around two weeks since I have reported this problem to DELL customer care and forget about the replacement, their people have not even cared to solve my problem. And you boast of/advertise 'ON SITE SERVICE REPAIR'... A big lie!!! I am a common man cheated by DELL... I have expended my Rs. 35,000/- in purchasing a waste and dead laptop. And you are not even catering to my problem... This is the problem from day 1 and now you are advising me that I shall wait 30-45 days to get it replaced... Is this a joke??? What can I do... Nothing... Will obey like a school child to your demand... but whatever possible in my hands... will try to do? This poor person will be waiting for next ORDER and INSTRUCTIONS.

Original review: June 4, 2018

The casing on this Inspiron 13 7000 2 in 1 laptop is solid in construction, but the edges of the keyboard are exceptionally uncomfortable. The entire inside surface edges are sharp and quite uncomfortable when hands/wrist need to rest on the edges. In my work I use the up/down and side to side buttons and mouse pad quite a bit. I actually get reddened tender marks on my palms and wrist. I have resorted to putting duct tape around the edges to prevent these closed wounds. Of course this is not good advertising for Dell. I do not recommend this laptop to people who ask. Also, it gets a bit glitchy, locks up/freezes and on occasion it spontaneously restarts while I'm in the middle of working.

Original review: June 1, 2018

It's hard to describe how AWFUL my experiences have been with Dell. I bought their flagship laptop (Dell Mobile Precision 7510) two years ago, and have had nothing but trouble with it and them. They have replaced the motherboard twice, a soundboard once, and yet the issues continue, almost certainly compatibility issues between hardware, software, and Dell updates which routinely crash my system. Efforts to fix my system have cost me hundreds of dollars spent on a local tech's services, countless hours on the phone getting a royal runaround, and untold angst and downtime for my business needs.

Dell tries things remotely but steadfastly refuses to replace this computer. They say there is nothing wrong with the hardware, but incompatibility issues have not gone away, and a clean start seems like the only thing that makes sense. I am SO DONE with Dell, and issue a cautionary warning to anyone thinking that their warranty (I bought an extended warranty) means anything. I give up, and plan to cut my losses and buy another computer, certainly not a Dell. Shame on you, Dell!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Purchased computer in March 2018. April had problems with computer turning off monitor. Best Buy said to deal with Dell since 30 days old. Contacted tech support of Dell. Tried to fix problem. Problem came back a week later. They tried again. Came back a 3rd time. Tried again. Problem came back a 4th time. Then they said we can't fix from here, we'll tech to your house with a new motherboard to repair. Tech came, changed motherboard, and computer wouldn't come on after he made repair. He called tech support from my house for advice and they told him they can't fix it if he can't fix it. Advise me to take to a 3rd party repair.

I took to Best Buy. They wanted $150 for repair or $199 for 1 year service plan so I bought the plan. Called Dell back to ask for a reimbursement of my $199 they said no. I asked for an extended warranty for 1 year since I now have 2 warranties running the same time. They said no. I submitted all emails, repair costs, and computer documents to Better Business Bureau. They got a response back from Dell - no reimbursement and no extended warranty. I contacted Texas Consumer Affairs - they said they don't go after businesses with consumer complaints. Not only is Dell not a reputable company to do business with and their tech from India need to be better trained. No way to contact Dell directly. You can only deal with tech support = all phone numbers lead to them.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Owned 2 previous Dell laptops with no problems... Decided that I need to purchase a new computer, so I selected a Dell Inspiron 15/3000 Series laptop. Received it and began the configuration process, but each time it was fully configured, it would start up and give a recovery error. So... I'd start the whole configuration process over. On the 3rd iteration, I got a boot locker recovery key request screen... but was not afforded a recovery key.

I contacted Dell Customer Service and got nowhere with them. Here are the 4 separate calls I placed with them: 1st call) "We'll get back with you..." Never did, 2 call) "You need to contact Microsoft for help." Contacted Microsoft and was told they couldn't help and to work with Dell. Call 3) after explaining my problems, I got hung up on. Call 4) Was told that I went past the 30-day assistance/ return date and that they couldn't help me - "Good day..." Click. Hmm, I have a 1 year warranty... So now after shelling out several hundred dollars on this new laptop, I'll be going to Best Buy to get it working. This is by far the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered. I will NEVER buy another Dell product, and I suggest that you don't either...

Original review: May 26, 2018

First of all, I've owned 5 separate laptops from Dell, and NEVER needed the tech support. It's one reason I liked them so much. But this time, buying/trusting another Dell cost me my job, my home, my vehicle, and the records of ALL the artwork I've done in my life... and conversely, made it impossible for me to get ANOTHER job without a portfolio. Helluva score, Dell.

From the outset, every time Windows would update on its own, the laptop would turn back on having lost the ability to do SOMETHING. Turning OFF the automatic update resulted in freezing and glitches that could only be solved by allowing the update. (nothing like sitting down for an important presentation and your laptop is updating for an hour.) Constant tech support calls never fixed the issues, as they would only link me to websites where I could download 3rd party software to use instead. So, for instance, the Windows media player software wouldn't work and the CD drive itself was dead... so they'd give me the link to software meant for torrent files and a driver for another type of drive than what came in it. These quick fixes only served to cramp disk space as the original fouled software was still there also.

The final score came when I was on vacation on an island off South Carolina. Everything having to do with internet quit working. Wireless or wired. I realized I was a day away from the end of the warranty and contacted Dell immediately. My location only made it possible to use the chat feature, and even then, only by using my smartphone. Every single time I connected, the associate would ask that I wait while they pull my file, and when they did, machine gun 4 or 5 messages at once saying to contact another department (didn't say who, even) and disconnect immediately... so I couldn't even respond. The messages, and the sound effect of a slamming door all arriving at once.

This continued to happen in various forms all day long until midnight, when they switched to telling me my warranty was expired. The next morning the laptop tried to update, apparently, and never came back on. Startup would only produce a black screen and the "beeps of death". Id planned on reorganizing my portfolio while on this vacation and had transferred every photo/scan of my artwork I could find onto this machine before I left to save airport drama. In this, I'm a moron. NEVER put all your eggs in one basket. But hey, it was a Dell, right? What could go wrong?

All attempts at communication have lead to a hangup after they pull my information, and even trying to be sneaky and get in through the sales department has failed. Even tried sending sales an email that I'd just LOVE to purchase another, gleans me the "your message was received, and we'll contact you shortly" return e-mail. No one ever does. Only contact I've had, is a flyer sent once by mail advertising new models. Ha! Bet I will!

I'm living in a tiny apartment now, instead of my 3bdr house, worried about my rent... And catching the bus to the grocery store instead of driving my Audi. And drawing tattoos, instead of marketing concepts. Buying a computer is the LAST thing on my list. Thanks Dell... hit yourself a 'lick, huh? Managed to ruin a life and charge em a grand to do it.

In the end, I'm just hoping ONE person doesn't purchase a computer from these people when it will be needed for important reasons. I know that despite the thousands I spent with Dell over the years, they will NEVER replace this laptop. Even my photos of the conversations (if you use chat support on the Dell in question and you cant save the chat or do screenshots... hmmmm) will be quietly ignored. Enough fools out there to keep spending money, they don't care. Just throw some cool LEDs on the case and they'll buy. But PLEASE listen to me... having had several over the course of years.... as the company has grown, quality and support has fallen. They're not worth a dime now, and you WILL regret it.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I purchased a brand new Dell monitor back in February. Recently, noticed a dead pixel on the screen. I contacted customer service and I was told I’d be shipped a brand new monitor as a replacement. I received the monitor today and it was “refurbished”. I spent 3 hours on the phone with customer service for them to tell me over and over that they can only send a new monitor if it’s returned in the “first 30 days”. The dead pixel just happened. Dell customer service is absolutely worthless. I have a “warranty”, but that only means they ship you refurbished monitors. If I could refund the monitor I absolutely would. Please don’t buy from a terrible company like Dell.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I got my Dell laptop a little over a year ago. After a few months, it wouldn't charge, so I got a new charger. It worked for a few months then it stopped charging. I called and sent it back to be fixed. When I received it back it worked for a few months then it stopped charging once again. I called and sent it back again. When I received it this time there was no change, they say they fixed it but I don't believe they did. So I called and now it's out of warranty so They won't fix it unless I pay. Are you kidding me? This has been an ongoing problem since I got the computer. I have to play with the cord to get it to charge. Sometimes it works but not always.

Dell needs to stand by their product, they either need to fix it correctly or replace it. I don't believe it can be fixed correctly. I have had this computer a little over a year and I need to get a new one, which at this point will definitely be an HP. I would like management to contact me. I run my business on this computer which has been very trying.

Original review: May 16, 2018 Contacted Dell support several times
1. Misleading informations
2. Longest waits

3. Wrong guidance/instructions (for example change of ownership gives you a lot of flexibility etc)

4. Not supporting the software they provided with laptop even during warranty period

5. Has no respect for customer or for his time. I am here in the call for more than an hour and 15 min by now. Not sure when they are going to respond... Alas, I have 5 different laptops but never had such an experience like with Dell...

Original review: May 11, 2018

I assume Dell was looking for a bargain when it chose its customer service outsourcing. They did not get one. The computer I received from Dell (XPS) is awesome, but it came with a cost. I was lied to when I purchased the computer - the salesperson wanted to make the sale and was simply misleading. I purchased it through the state, which is tax free. The salesperson said it would be easy to have the tax refunded if I used Dell's internal credit (mistake!). It clearly is not. So far I have spent hours dealing with people who seem absolutely clueless about their own company. I have had to resubmitted the same forms to them three times! The issue is still unresolved after over a month! They have good computers, but until they invest in good customer service DON'T BUY A DELL!

Original review: May 8, 2018

DELL Inspiron 15 3000 series - Probably the worst laptop I ever used. Dell does not make any part. It selects parts from dealers from all over and it's just an ASSEMBLED product in their TEXAS plant. NEVER BUY DELL. The worst part is the CURSOR. It's a real curse - jumps all over the place (screen). There is a pad setting (unwarranted) but never works. Never had a laptop with a crazy cursor as this! Everything about this laptop is pretty average. NEVER BUY THIS PRODUCT which has a reputation!!!

Original review: May 7, 2018

Do not buy a product from Dell. Ever. Their customer service is by far the worst of any technology company and their products are faulty. The poor workmanship pretty much guarantees you will need to contact support at some point. Their call center located in India and their policies make it so they will not help you, but instead transfer your call around until you get tired and give up. 80% of their support specialists do not speak English well enough to communicate effectively. If you absolutely need a Dell product, buy it through a company like Amazon that will actually help you if there is a problem.

Original review: May 1, 2018

We ordered 10 computers for one of our clients. Upon receipt of the computers, 5 had to be reimaged/reinstalled due to bad drive images. This is not a 5 minute process and took hours from our IT department to get these machines up and running. When requesting to return they offered to send out a technician to replace the hard drives. However, even though they were told how many machines were faulty, they sent one hard drive since they only took down one "Service Tag". Their "technician" opened the box, installed the new drive and left after 5 minutes. Again, this machine had to be reset!!! This is not a 5 minute process as anyone in the IT business knows. This cost my company a lot as we went ahead and re-imaged the machines so the customer did not have to suffer downtime.

I have made multiple calls and spoken to several supposed "supervisors" who have ensured me I would receive a return call. This has been going on since February and still no resolution. I called again today (May 1) and was told again someone would call back within 24 to 48 hours. Holding payment as I wait for a resolution (as promised). SERIOUSLY???

Original review: April 30, 2018

After over twenty years of doing business with Dell, I recently placed an order for a laptop computer, a common enough transaction. Or, so I thought. The first computer arrived with the trackpad damaged and incapable of operating. In addition, the plastic that surrounds the monitor was cracked and quickly detached. It was clear the damage was not due to mishandling during transit, but rather occurred prior to shipment.

I immediately contacted Dell via e-mail and a day later received a dismissive response stating I would have to return the system and wait up to an additional 2-3 weeks for a replacement. This was unacceptable because I need a laptop for my work travel. I responded to Dell explaining this situation and requesting further assistance. It took nearly five days to receive a response. After much argument, the company finally agreed to send an immediate replacement and to allow me to use the first laptop until the second arrived. (It was operable, although the trackpad did not work)

A week later, the replacement system arrived. Upon initial setup, the system failed to boot properly and after several hours, still would not fully boot. Once again, I contacted Dell and explained the situation. It took an additional week to receive a response. At that time, the company assigned a technician to diagnose the issues via telephone. Unfortunately, the technician appears to be not fully conversant in English which makes the situation very difficult. When the technician could immediately discover the issue affecting the second laptop, he promised to have someone else contact me within a day.

Two weeks of no contact later, after numerous e-mails and telephone messages begging for assistance, I still had no contact from anyone at Dell. At this point I sent a letter to Dell Corporate summarizing my experience and asking for help. The letter failed to bring meaningful results, but did involve the same technician who had been attempting to resolve this matter -- the one in India who is not fully conversant in English. We have spoken on several occasions and he has made numerous promises which have never been fulfilled. I have, on several occasions, asked to speak with a senior staff member and been told this technician is the only one with whom I may speak.

Last week, the same technician with whom I have been working suggested that the warranty on the computer may not be valid for the needed repairs. He further suggested that Dell has no obligation to rectify this matter since they have already sent two systems. I have attempted to explain that this is NOT a warranty issue since the company has yet to deliver the product for which I have paid -- a working laptop computer.

The people with whom I have interacted with at Dell have been dismissive, disrespectful and rude. At no point has the company made an apology for THEIR mistakes or for failing so miserably to implement a meaningful solution to these mistakes. I am appalled at the manner in which this company -- a company with whom I have done much business -- has chosen to handle this matter. After months of struggle, I still have no working laptop and Dell has done little more than make excuses, empty promises and to insult and dismiss my concerns.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I spent 3 weeks trying to get Dell to send me the operating system because my hard drive was crashing. They wouldn't believe me, but sent me a flash drive to download. This didn't work so they (about a week later) sent me a CD. It appeared (with their help) to work. My PC would now download off the internet. But within a couple days I got an error message stating my hard drive needed to be replaced immediately. So I purchased a hard drive and called Dell for assistance in re-installing the operating system. I had to pay Dell on the first call and now they wanted more money on this call, even though it was still the same problem. So with the manager, but to no avail. Although their understanding of the English language is questionable. I would not recommend using Dell Support Service.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I bought a new Dell Pentium computer. Within a few days, I told Dell that this is no good and that it runs extremely slow. By the time they authorized the return, I had already started doing my taxes on it using a tax software CD. I asked them if I can wait to file my taxes. The customer service told me to call them back once my taxes are filed. I did that last week but they are not taking back their computer. I am willing to buy a better one but they don't want to take this one back.

Original review: April 21, 2018

If I could rate Dell computers 0 Stars I would. I have owned at least one computer since the mid-1980s. Never in my life have I ever experienced the crappiest customer service as I have with Dell computer. You are forced to go out of the country for customer service and to speak with people that can barely communicate with the English language. This may be okay with you, but personally, I cannot stand to deal with people that you cannot understand. I wish I had never bought this Dell computer because it is the slowest computer of the four computers that I own, and one of them is 15 years old. It is my hope that somebody that has a vested interest in Dell computer will read this, correspond back to me with an email or a phone number that I can use to contact somebody with Dell computer about this issue. If it doesn't happen, I will never buy another Dell as long as I live.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Only had laptop for two months before the battery would not charge. It was returned to Dell since it was under warranty. Dell reported that the charging port was not working and wanted $120. to repair it. I might believe this if the laptop belonged to a teenager... but the laptop was used by a 70-year-old retired police officer for use to keep records for Fraternal Order of Police... it was not abused... against my better judgement, my husband also purchased a Dell PC about the same time and it has also had issues. We will never buy another Dell!

Updated on 04/20/2018: Since I rated the Dell service that I got previously, Dell contacted me and agreed to fix the computer... I am very happy that it will be repaired... But still will never buy another Dell.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Premium Dell Support prepaid for longer than the April 10, 2018 Windows 10 Update Assistant of 8GB when they sell it preloaded at 90% and the updates choke it to death. All recorded on video for sharing post to friends, facebook, twitter and the like. Error Code produced. Dell Customer Rep says on video recording LAPTOP'S NOT UPGRADEABLE so installing mini SD is still external drive not memory. Same as USB but they said internal memory meaning internally inside the frame only so don't buy SD card. Waste of money. Still choked 547 mb available.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Dell was a favored favored company for me. I purchased a Dell Inspiron for college to do work when the library was closed after work. It is actually a 2-in-1, and I purchased it for about $275. My laptop has been having problems since shortly after I had been using it. I distinctively remember asking the representative before purchasing if the computer was refurbished and I was told no. I had constantly been calling to return the laptop and received little to no help. The last email that I sent was not even justified with a response!

Some of my keys have gone out, my screen goes out in one spot and leaves small square that black in the middle of my screen, the computer moves extremely slow, some of my icons go out on the toolbar, it won't bring up any Wi-Fi options sometimes and I purchased it for my apartment, and the lock screen won't even come up sometimes. I did not get the information that I needed and I still have the laptop. I hate it! I believe that this laptop is indeed refurbished. I would give the company a ZERO if I could and I will continue to give it terribly ratings where I can. Am one terrible disappointed college student. I hate this company.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Its support that you pay for is totally worthless. I have had the same five issues that continually loop around at each time I ask them to please solve this once and for all they belligerently tell me that they are trying to help me and they do not understand why I don't appreciate paying for quote-unquote service and then three weeks later the same problem happens again. All they want to do is patch it up and move on to the next one. I really could care less what country is outsourced to do the support as long as they do it well but I have been told by these Indian male technicians that American women are very demanding. I have had to have my CD player replaced three times and twice the technician brought the wrong CD player which meant I had to go even longer without finishing my project. I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my nails than deal with them.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We ordered the charger over the phone from their customer service center in India. We received the charger and it didn't work. We took the laptop to our local Computer repair guy and he told (showed) us that it was missing the black plastic sleeve over the prongs. I sent an email back to the lady who processed our order saying we need a replacement. I never heard back. So, today I got online and chatted with customer service who referred me to call Technical Support. I call them and they can't help me and try to send me back to Customer Service.

I explain that they sent me to them, so they decide to transfer me to Dell's Out of Warranty department. It didn't make sense to me, but I let them transfer me. They, of course, couldn't help me and transferred me back to customer service. I'm pretty frustrated at this time and told the customer service representative of my run around. She actually did find my order # and said we were out of the 30 day warranty. It seemed they were trying to date it from the purchase date and not the received date. I told her I would like to speak to her supervisor which she eventually transferred me to.

At this time I was so irritated with Dell and their lack of "customer support" that I handed the phone to my husband. He spoke with the supervisor and was able to get them to make an exception and send a new charger. To sum it up Dell's Customer Service is a Dog and Pony show and I will not be purchasing a Dell ever again. I will also check to see who has American Customer Service, hopefully someone still does.

Original review: April 8, 2018

When you call this company with an issue you will always be sent overseas unless you call sales then you're sent to someone who speaks perfectly good English, I made a purchase with this department for very important hard drives for a server which the hard drives have failed. I paid $40 for expedited shipping, two weeks later I still did not receive my item. I called around six times during the 2 weeks and was told by the clueless people "don't worry it's coming very soon". Then the day it was supposed to arrive I called them, they told me it's back order and they are not sure when it will come. This is the last time I order from Dell, they are clueless and untrustworthy and you think they will compensate you in any way for your headache, the manager will keep apologizing and laugh in your face.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Spent $650 on a laptop for a college student. The charging cord lasted less than 30 days. The cord pulled away from the USB plugin. They said they don't reimburse for a problem. They would need to troubleshoot it and determine what needed to be done and would send a replacement if needed. So my daughter is a jr in college. Going a week without a laptop is not an option. They need better problem solving than through the mail. Especially simple like this. So I said, "Fine, send me a cord." NOPE. Called them on it and backed out of that too. Saying it was physical damage and they don't cover that. So I said ok... It's not physical, it's spiritual - my power cord needs some love. How about this - it isn't charging so troubleshoot it. Seriously asked for $50 to cover the charger and they refused. They are willing to lose customers over simple things and will find any way to dodge their own warranty.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Customer Service so bad, it's unbelievable. All I wanted was a simple replacement for their adapter that, before failing, worked fine. But, their customer service put me in a 'we can't help you' loop, and their reps were not only unsympathetic, they were terse, and rude. Dell clearly doesn't care about after-purchase service, and I recommend avoiding this crappy company. There are better products out there. I hope they see this review, and change their total M.O., but I suspect they just don't care.

Dell Customer Service Company Information