Dell Customer Service
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Dell Customer Service

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

4225 Dell Customer Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I am a biomedical research scientist. I bought (through my institute) DELL XPS 13 9343, computer with the highest configuration (Core i7, 2.4GHz and 8GB memory) and 2 years of premium service warranty in Oct 2015. Right after I had the computer, I started having several problems with this computer (disconnecting from the wifi, disconnecting even the wired internet, screen turning black, volume going off in between or getting a ticking noise, overheating, many scientific software were cramped and unable to read any of it, even simple office components such as Excel and Powerpoint would look weird and close in the middle of the job, in fact too many problems to list here). After trying very hard to fix, our IT department decided to contact DELL in May-June 2016 (in ~6 months), and since then we have made innumerable calls to DELL to help us fix the problems with this particular computer.

Just to reiterate here, we had premium service warranty with this computer. This computer was shipped to DELL center twice in 2016 and the technician came down to my institute once to repair it (a total of 3 different technical support events). Still they could not fix it. Wonder what kind of technical support this was. Even a nonprofessional would understand that if it was not fixed even after replacing every part of the computer including the motherboard twice, it's a defective piece, but the highly trained DELL technical support team wound not understand this. Every time we had problem with this computer, we requested for a replacement, but they would never do it. People in our IT department and I have spent hours on the phone during this frustrating two years with DELL people explaining them the problems and asking them to replace the unit.

While we were dealing our last complaint the warranty ran out, then they kept saying now the computer is out of warranty (how ridiculous). My argument was it's out of warranty in the last month and we have been complaining since two years. I can go on and on about the horrifying experience with this machine and more with horrible DELL support team. Their best offer to me was, as an exception, they would look into the computer one more time to fix it. My response to this special exceptional offer (according to DELL team), "if you can assure me that you will fix it this time and it fails again, you will get me a replacement", they were not ready for it. This proves that they are not confident about their own team of specialists who would work on this computer to fix it or by now, they also know (or rather confident) that this computer cannot be fixed.

I had already had a couple of years of frustration dealing with all the troubles with computer and their customer/technical support team made it worse, nothing less than a hell. No words can explain the horrible experience and frustration I went through dealing with these people and the great DELL computer. For the amount of frustration I went through, they should have offered me not just replacement for my computer but 10 other new computers. I generally don't write about these kinds of experiences, but this time I thought I should share my experience so that no one else have to deal with this kind of situation.

I am only writing this review to caution anyone considering to buy DELL XPS or any DELL products for that matter. Their customer support is horrible, have absolutely no logic in whatsoever they say to you. You will just be wasting your precious time and energy dealing with them. This is the worst experience I have ever had dealing with not just the computer support team but any customer support team for any product. So DELL SUCKS. I will stay away from any DELL products after this, so should you guys.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

They had a problem processing my payment for a purchase I made online and sent me an email to call them. Since then, I called them more than 10 times and every time I call them none of them knows what to do to resolve the problem and they were just transferring me to different people and departments over and over. The issue is still not solved and I am asking for refund of my gift card and reward balance and it is not happening yet. It has been 5 days since I placed an order.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I ordered a brand new, sweet gaming laptop from Dell and waited excitedly for a whole week while they shipped it to me. What did I get? I ordered a 17 inch gaming monster and got a 13 inch garbage machine without a power supply. I found the shipping manifest. The person shipping the system sent a system meant for someone in another state altogether. What kind of quality control is there in their shipping? My whole experience was ruined.

I called and got a "foreign" support experience. Barely able to understand my support person, I canceled my order. They hung up on me the first time. There was a party going on in the background, and I could barely understand the person or hear him. Worst possible experience. They sent the wrong computer, and I was unable to understand the person I needed help from. Horrible. Just horrible. I now have a brand new HP Pavilion Gaming laptop. Dell is no longer even a consideration. Too bad. They used to be a decent company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I attempted to buy a computer online which took HOURS. Then spent HOURS on hold with Dell after calling to find out what the issue was. Turns out the cards were declined, called bank, they tried to scam us out of 18,000 dollars. Seriously Dell? This was a legit purchase for around 3000 dollars and you try and charge us 5 times with 5 different prices (according to the bank). Told bank the amount we were going to be charged and they OK'd it for Dell to try again. Call Dell back and another half hour on the phone (they were closing at 3 so that's really all we had) and they still couldn't get it to work. Would love to speak to someone who speaks English. Maybe Pres Trump can get us some computers built here in America.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I just wanted to share my very positive experience with Dell's customer service. I had an issue with my laptop not charging likely due to damage at the charge port. I called and told the representative the issue and they sent me a box the next day. I sent the laptop to the repair center and within a week and they sent it back within a week. They repaired the plastic body that was damaged and fixed the issue. They also cleaned the laptop. I was very satisfied with the service. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I been trying to reach DELL about my desktop because it's running slow, but every time I call, they always route me to INDIA or PHILIPPINES. I am an American citizen and then I finally gave them my service tag and she hung up on me. Now they have access to my computer and I don't know who she is. So then I called back the same # and they told me the only way I can speak to a U.S. REPRESENTATIVE I have to have FULL WARRANTY. Anyway I won't ever buy anything from DELL ever again. Customer service is rigged. Shame on DELL. They supposed to be one of the highest quality of all products. Don't trust Dell because if you have a problem it won't ever get solved.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I used to love Dell/Windows until my recent experience with them. I will NEVER in my life purchase another Dell product, I wish I looked at other reviews for Dell before I chose to buy one. I purchased the desktop & accessories (monitor & speakers) barely 3 years ago and the other day when I tried to turn it on, the monitor says the hard-drive failed, which was a serious surprise to me since I have barely used it throughout the time I've had it. I only use this to edit videos/photos and I use my Macbook Pro full-time for everything else. Before calling customer service I looked online to see if anyone was having the same issue and if anyone could help, and it looked like a countless amounts of people have had the same issue.

So when I called customer service the next day to see if they can repair the product for me, they told me I had to pay for shipping to send to their office, labor, hard-drive, and DIAGNOSTIC (even though we both know what's wrong with it already!). I was extremely surprised, since I had my MACBOOK PRO for over 5 years before I had to change the hard-drive and the MAC center I took it to paid for EVERYTHING except the diagnostic. I have used my Macbook consistently over the years every single day, so it's understandable it gave out on me after so many years.

BUT my Dell Inspiron has absolutely NO excuse, I rarely use it for for more than a couple of hours each time and I can honestly go without using it for weeks at a time. Dell is such a ripoff, they purposely make low quality products so you have to pay DELL to repair THEIR OWN mistakes. I am currently looking into an iMac all in one desktop. Looks a lot better, and I can guarantee the quality won't even compare to anything Dell is selling.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I started a small business a couple of months ago. I purchased a laptop and various software through Dell on August 30. One of the software purchases was for Intuit QuickBooks Online Simple Start 2017 so that I could invoice my clients, keep track of accounting, etc. I travel for work and learned today that the version I purchased does not have the ability to bill expenses on related invoices; I would need to upgrade to the Plus version. Since I purchased it through a 3rd party, Dell, QuickBooks suggests I start with them. I contacted Dell to see if I could get a refund. No refunds on software; no exceptions. Then the customer support person wanted me to talk to technical support which made no sense whatsoever.

Would tech support "fix" my version? Of course not. So basically if you don't know exactly what version of software you need and go based off of Dell's descriptions, you might find yourself in my shoes - re-purchasing a whole new version as if you never had it to begin with. As the Customer Support person pointed out, they are clear in their policy that they don't give refunds on software. I guess it just wasn't clear to me that if I needed a different version of the same software, I would literally pay all over again. Next time, I'll try to remember to throw my dollar bills at Dell so they can laugh at my face while taking my money.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I recently purchased an XPS Laptop from Dell. Once receiving it I turned it on and could not perform the setup. I called tech support (who are all offshore) and spent almost 2 hours trying to get my brand new laptop up and running. Mission accomplished until a week later when the laptop randomly started shutting down and I could not get it to turn back on. After about 20 minutes or so when I got it turned back on it immediately brought me to a recovery screen. Back to the offshore tech support I go. Spent another 90 minutes on the phone to be told they found no problems but they had done a scan and reboot, etc. and things should be o.k. now. Nope! Kept doing the same thing. Repeatedly called back and became frustrated to know that there was no US support or store I could go to for help. If I ever wanted to talk to a US rep my case would have to be escalated.

After over 3 weeks of frustration I called and told them I wanted a refund. I was told that my purchase date was Oct. 2 and it was now November 6th and I was outside the warranty for returns, even though I did not receive the laptop until October 5th and couldn't operate it. Asked for my case to be escalated and demanded a US representative. I stated that the warranty had an exception for defective merchandise and clearly this laptop had been defective from day 1 and they should honor my request for a refund. Nope! So here I am with a ** laptop and a $1300 bill from Dell Financing. I'm not done yet though and if they think they are getting a dime from me they are crazy.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Purchased a new laptop, Dell places a restriction that you cannot have it shipped to the FedEx location to pickup... FedEx requires a $5 fee to schedule it for when you are home. So I am being extorted for an extra $5 for something I legitimately bought!!! BOTH point to the other one and throw their hands in the air. I can sign the form and leave a $1000 laptop on my front porch, but who in their right mind does that? Plus, they would have BETTER control over who signs if FedEx lets me pick it up at their location! That's bad business on both Dell and FedEx. When I called Dell the supervisor refused to speak to me! Seriously? I mean it, NEVER do business with Dell... And ask EVERY shipper of yours to avoid FEDEX... Between these two I have never been so disgusted or received this kind of service... I PAID $1000 to be treated like this! Assuming the laptop ever gets delivered, Dell is getting it back. I refuse to do business with either ever again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We purchased a very expensive desktop which permitted us to receive premium service and repair from Dell and had nothing but disappointment. The desktop arrived new with a defective motherboard and caused the computer to "loop" and shut itself down every 20 minutes. We spent countless hours on the phone with support. We finally were permitted to send it to Dell for repair, as Dell wouldn't replace it. The unit sat "on hold" for unknown reasons, we were told to be available by phone and email for 48 hours as a tech was reaching out and we were never contacted. At this point, Dell still has our desktop and we have no idea when/if we'll get it back. Calling the service number is helpless as the technicians only read "notes" about the repair and don't know what's going on.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My warranty for my year and 6 month old laptop has ended. And mysteriously the keyboard has stopped working. The laptop has been in pristine condition. I hardly take it anywhere because it’s a little bit big for travel. It sits in the same spot in my apartment and I use it most evening (I don’t own a TV). I called customer service to talk to them. They told me my warranty was expired and they will not be able to help me and instead I must pay to have it fixed. I said, "This laptop is very new and I have done nothing to it and I think you guys should at least tell me what’s wrong." She said she couldn’t help me (name Anva). I then asked to speak to the manager about the product. She put me on hold. And didn’t come back for a few minutes then she said she would connect me as soon as she could. Five more minutes goes by and she gets me back on the phone to tell me the manager will not speak with me. And repeated the warranty issue.

I am appalled that the manager didn’t have the decency to speak to one of his customers about the product that mysteriously stopped working on me. I then looked up that Dells are known for having keyboard issues and the fact that they didn’t hear that and offer to help me out is horrible in my opinion. I’m honestly happy to throw away this laptop and never return as a Dell customer ever again. (I would give negative stars if possible.) - unhappy customer

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Dell is a horrible company - Attempted to purchase a computer several times this year but always had bad experience regarding computer content and understanding their English accent. Finally in October attempted to buy an Alienware 15 inch computer. Could not get confirmation on interest free promotion so cancelled computer. This took many phone calls with many promises to send confirmation but never received. A week later I got one.

They called me and I agree to go ahead with order at a reduced price. Got notice that computer was delayed and the price was $300 more than my quote. Called and cancelled order again. It is clear that this is a very bad company to deal with, run only by foreign people who cannot speak English well enough to carry on conversation, and do not uphold the agreements they make. Stay away from this company. If you must have an Alienware computer buy it from a reputable dealer such as Best Buy.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I sent my PC to Dell for service. I had purchased it from Best Buy but decided to send it directly to Dell to avoid having Best Buy do the same; this way I would receive my PC quicker. Dell then replaced the motherboard and said that they sent it back. I subsequently received an empty box. It did not show any signs of tampering. I had many conversations with Dell and supplied them with every documentation that I have (often duplicated because they asked for the same information more than once) which dragged on for 4 months. The bottom line - they refused to take ownership of this problem and said that it wasn't their fault and that I should file a claim with the shipping company. I am disgusted by their lack of accountability and their attempt to shift the blame. I didn't file a claim with the shipping company because they shipped a box in excellent condition - except that it was empty.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have other laptops and a desktop computer and when I do a factory setting on them it works. But when I do a factory setting on the Dell it does not work. I think you guys did this on purpose for us to fork out $$$ to you so you can fix what we can do at home. Change your rules man. Damn. I hate Dell so bad.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I have never dealt with DELL before and I will never deal with them again. I have a Dell laptop, I've had it under a yr and the hard drive crash. There was no Canadian number to call. The number was overseas so had talk to someone with badly broken English and a severe lack of understanding of the English language... The first two times I called I was hung up on. I made a 3rd call. Spent almost an hr trying to understand the broken English with the thick accent, trying to get the computer up and running.

Of course it turned out the hard drive crash. So I was told The warranty is still good and to send it back to be fixed. I was told I would receive an email with the address info asap. It did not show up, Called Dell again. Told that it would be there this time but yet again no show. Called yet again only to be told that UPS would send, never showed, So then another call to be told Purolator would send the info. No show, and YES I called back to be informed it takes 24-48 hrs to send the info. Dell is the worst company I’ve had to deal with. The language problem is so bad and Customer service SUCKS. They can’t give a straight answer and even if they did you can't understand it, I asked to talk to someone in Canada or the US and was told I have to pay to talk to an English speaking person. This a horrible company to deal with. They Lack Customer service skills and really lack in language skills.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Dell is hell! I am still waiting after three months for Dell to help get my laptop into working order. It is like pulling teeth to get them to do anything (To add insult to injury, I haven't even gotten my reward for this purchase yet either!). It wasn’t even a month before I had problems with Alienware. I have had five technicians come to my house and mailed my computer in but each time they just make it worse. This time they have to replace my motherboard... for the third time... yet it is two months before they can even get the part! (Why is Dell always out of their own parts!?).

Now I just have to pray my laptop doesn’t die before they can get their ** together! It has been sooo many fixes but they won't give me a new computer because the problems all have to happen in the same month... but it takes them weeks to address a single problem! So they basically take your money then are slow as ** to help and don't care because they already have your money! P.s. Stay away from Dell. Worst service ever!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Inspiron 3558: My husband bought me the laptop in Feb 2017. In April, I started seeing a pop up window stating that the AC cord was not recognized. Within 3 days, the computer would not charge. Called the anti service dept. and even though I knew what was wrong, I had to through, which felt like a zillion, test to only be told what I already knew, the dc joint was broke. Great. OK send it in. Took three weeks, got it back. Fast forward to Oct 3017 same thing, I call, thinking that I was still under the original warranty, only to be told that I would have to pay for it. They said it was my fault. Is it my fault that Dell built an inferior product, with an obvious design flaw, that the web is filled with DIY video's explaining step by step, on how to fix the flaw.

I took the computer to a reputable computer shop. Because of where it is located, and how you almost have to basically strip the computer apart, it would cost about $200.00 and then it wasn't guaranteed that it wouldn't break again. It is an obvious engineering flaw, that Dell knows all about, but doesn't care. He gets one to fix just about every day. Now as far as the Dell anti customer service. It would be really nice to speak with someone, who understood me and for me to understand them. I do not care what country they are from, I just want to be able to communicate with them. It would also be nice for them to not get all excited when they tell you, "Sorry, it is your fault, and even though your warranty doesn't expire until 3/6/2018, we aren't covering it." I swore I could feel the great big grin on his face coming through the phone. I wonder, if the anti service reps get bonus based on how many service request they decline.

So imagine, a 9 month old computer that has its power completely drained, because it can't charge, and I can't do a darn thing about it. I am so darn disgusted. I either pay the $200.00 or just get a new one, which we know will not ever be a DELL. I feel as though I have been taken advantage of, it was inferred that it was my fault that the computer broke twice in 9 months...How dare they!!! Has anyone thought about a class action lawsuit against them? There are many, many more people who have similar experiences. Tomorrow, I am contacting the BBB and the Attorney General of Pa, and placing a complaint against Dell. If there was a negative star, I would have selected that, a 1 star rating is too high for them.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

How did a once great company become such a disaster for the customer experience? Simple, outsource customer service to a third world country with little or no oversight. I recently bought a new Dell PC. I also paid for Dell to install the Windows Office Suite an additional $149.99. When I received my computer I went through about a 2 hour set up process (what happened to when you can just take a computer out of the box and start using it?). When it was completed the computer "crashed". It kept trying to restart and rectify the problem with no success. I called Dell customer service which by the way is not as easy as it sounds. There was no phone number included with my purchase. I guess they do not want you to call. I had to go online to find a number.

Needless to say, I was connected to their call center in India. After explaining the situation to 4 or 5 different people with one idiot telling me "Dell does not ship defective computers," I was finally transferred to a tech support person who sounded like he knew what he was talking about. I told him I just wanted a refund and did not want to bother trying to fix a new computer that was shipped without being tested or working. He told me we had to go through a process before that could be done. The process was he walked me through uninstalling the operating system, reinstalling it and then going through the setup process again. Total time was about 4 hours on the phone with him on top of the 2 hours I had already spend. At the end, the computer crashed again. He said "the computer is defective and we will ship you a new one".

After I received the new one I went through the same setup process again and the new one crashed just as the first one did with the same error message. So much for Dell not shipping defective computers. I called and told them, "Do not send me another new computer and I am not going through that process again. Just issue a refund." They agreed. When I got my credit card statement there was a credit for the computer (hardware) but there was a charge of about $160 ($149.99 + tax) for the software that they installed. I told my credit card company I was disputing that charge. They finally sent me a response from Dell with part of Dell's return policy included. It stated that software must be returned within 30 days for a refund. Also, the credit card company required a response within 30 days.

At the time I was in the process of moving and mail was being forwarded but there was some delay. So, I did not receive this mail until more than 30 days later. But, my response was "if Dell installed the software and I returned the computer within 30 days and have confirmation from Dell of receiving it, how can they say they did not receive the software back within 30 days that they installed in the computer?" Unfortunately, since it was outside the 30 day window for me responding to the credit card company they could not help anymore. So, I went directly to Dell for the refund of the software. I received an email from one individual advising he elevated it to their finance dept. for a refund. I thought great, easier than I expected given Dell's poor service up to this point.

A few days later I get another email from someone else telling me he elevated it to their finance dept. for a refund. I replied back thanking him but also telling him someone else already did the same thing. After 10 days of silence I sent a few emails asking what was happening with the credit. Finally, I got a call from someone in India. I had to ask her 3 times to repeat herself and speak slowly since I could not understand what she was saying.

I finally surmised she was telling me a credit was issued for $480 to my credit card. I told her I know that but that was for the computer not for the software that I was questioning. She said she did not know anything about that. She was going to look into it with her finance dept. It has been 4 months since I originally purchased the computer that I returned and still have not received the credit for the software. I have purchased Dell products for more than 20 years, but never again. I would have given 0 stars if it was possible.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Dell is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with, and I will never buy a product from them again. I had to send my laptop in for a repair, which took hours of phone calls and emails just to get them to send me the box to send it in. It took them over a month to repair it, then when I got it back I found that all of the information on my laptop was erased with no way to get it back. There was also a hard piece of plastic stuck inside the slot for an SD card, so it took me a good hour to get that out. And now I've come to find that whenever I tilt my screen forward or backward, my laptop shuts off entirely. My warranty expired just before I got the repair, so I spent a fortune paying for the repair and I expected them to do it correctly. I am a student so I don't have money to throw around, this just isn't acceptable. Please, if you are buying any electronic, do yourself a favor and do not buy it from Dell.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have had Dell computers over the years, desktops and laptops. I have been very happy with all of them until now. The last notebook I purchased was a piece of garbage. It is so slow and incompetent. I called several times. They reset it a couple of times and it is still no better. It is past the 1 year mark so I am kind of out of luck for warranty. I will think long and hard before I ever buy another Dell.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

To be clear I'm giving this one star because I have no other choice! I would rate them -5 if possible. I purchased a new Dell Computer and it refused to turn on three weeks later. I'm assuming the power supply failed as it shut down one evening and the next morning would not turn on. It showed no lights, in front or back, to indicate it was even receiving power. I called Customer Support and spent two hours unplugging the thing and then holding the power button to "Troubleshoot" it until they finally said I would have to ship it back. If it is a hardware issue they would fix it but, if it was Software, I was on my own unless I purchased ANOTHER protection plan for $200+. (I already had purchased an extended warranty plan for this computer.) I declined and spent another half hour telling the CS Agent I did not want the second plan. He also made it very clear they wanted it shipped back in the original packaging, which I had used to put stuff into a storage unit.

I spent a week digging through a crappy 50x15 storage unit to get that box, then spent another week trying to get FedEx to pick up the package. 10 days after I shipped it back I get a phone call stating they wouldn't provide any further service to me because the box was infested with bugs. I understood that is a health hazard and apologized and told them to just ship it back. I figured the box must have had spiders hiding under the flaps or something. I certainly didn't think they'd lied. I get the box back a few days later and there is a single dead beetle in the box, slightly smaller than a grain of rice. So I figured maybe they meant the computer tower. I opened it up and there was nothing! It was pristine! So I called Dell Support again and they refused to take it back or offer any further service to me. So I'm taking it to my local repair shop so I can pay another 300 bucks for the piece of crap. I will never buy another Dell product!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Ordered a new Dell computer yesterday online and received a confirmation email that order was received and was being processed. Last night I received a telephone message from Dell that I could not understand one bit. The person who called spoke with a very heavy accent and spoke so fast that it was impossible to have any idea what the issue was. The only thing I could decipher was that I had to call a telephone number but I could not hear what it was. I called the main customer telephone number and then was rerouted 4 times before I was able to speak to the correct department.

The agents who handled my call were abrupt, unclear and rude. After reaching someone who could help me I was told that my credit card was declined. I called the credit card company and they told me that they did not decline the credit card and the issue was Dell's. I had to call Dell back and tell them this at which point they put through the charge. If this is indicative of the support service we will receive if we have a problem with the hardware, I am very concerned.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I have absolutely no option but to continue for the next three years to have to "sadly" deal with DELL's in home & tech support as my contract was for four years and I tried to get my money back and cancel these terrible services without success. My greatest regret is that I did not simply check DELL's customer reviews first to find out that DELL has a very long history of customer complaints and how DELL just passes those complaints away by simply apologizing! I now find out many complaints go back to the year 2002 and with more research probably further!!

Only word of mouth by us who have been sadly badly ripped off will be how we can help make sure other people especially "totally disabled combat veterans" like myself never have to experience DELL's incompetent and unacceptable services and terrible products!! Your form letter emails and constant useless apologies over the phone get us absolutely nowhere and they are totally insulting!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Ordered a new desktop from Dell for our company. It arrived promptly. We had 3 issues. System could not detect the hard drive. When we opened the case, the hard drive was laying in loose (not screwed in) nor was it plugged in. Simple enough fix... We moved on after 1 call to tech support. Was asked to enter our MS365 account... We don't have one. While this is really more of Microsoft Issue, it was pain getting help to correct this from Dell's tech support and took an additional 90 minutes. Once we bypassed the MS365 and set up our user and password, we began downloading our QuickBooks software. Once these downloads are complete, you are required to reboot. When we did... the desktop did not accept our username and password. The one it took us 90 minutes to set up.

My next call to tech support (an additional hour of trying to work around), I was told we needed to wipe the hard drive and windows and start over. Estimated time for that debacle was 2 hours. At this point, I had already wasted 5 hours on this device. All I heard from Dell is, "We understand, we apologize". How about making it right. Decided then after multiple tech support calls to return the unit. Was transferred twice to the returns department. They hung up on me, not once, but 3 times. Please understand, I was never rude, never used inappropriate or unprofessional language and behavior; I was perfectly professional despite obvious frustrations.

That said, I don't think Dell wanted to take their junk back. In all, I spoke to 8 individuals, none of whom were local to the USA, and only 2 of whom could be readily understood. The last rep I spoke to was the best and the return process took only about 15 minutes. I have received multiple emails from Dell apologizing... But it is evident by their lack of action, that as a company THEY DON'T CARE! Last time our company will purchase from Dell; would not place another order from this company if they were last computer supplier on the planet.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

First of all, Dell is not the company it was before. Its service was top notch and the products were best in class. Now it is all changed and now they have one of the worst services ever. I am trying to fix issues with my Dell Inspiron laptop from more than 5 months now but they couldn't figure out what is going on and not even giving me the replacement of the laptop. It takes weeks to schedule the service and in the meantime, you won't have any laptops or PCs to work on. Now I just have to recycle this product and buy another one. No person from Dell is willing to resolve it once and for all. Completely disappointed by Dell. Time to buy trusted Apple now (even though it is expensive I think it is worth it).

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

After spending 20 minutes in a chat room, and over an hour on the phone with five different customer service people, I now officially hate Dell and will never buy another product from them. After owning my laptop for 41 days, the rubber on the charger cord started peeling away from the computer plug-in. I was told that their products are always good and that this was not covered under warranty. Even with photographs of the problem showing that the rubber is actually disintegrating, the receipt, and a full explanation they are still saying that none of this is covered and they will not replace the cord.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Called Dell Service when my Inspiron 15 5000 series would not let me onto WIFI. They asked my name and model number. All I said was Inspiron 15 5000 series. He said "we will have to download a new driver and will cost $149." I asked how he knew what my model was and he said "Oh you are from Hawaii that is how I know." I said this phone is my office phone not connected to the account when I bought the computer in May 2016. He would not tell me how he KNEW what was wrong with the computer based on me saying I cannot get onto my WIFI just that I needed to buy a new WIFI driver. (I never gave my TAG number from the bottom of the computer or the number for the Express Service code.) I don't know why I continue to buy DELL as I have always had problems. Based on the other reviews of DELL, it seems like my next computer will be an HP.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I purchased APC back-UPS batteries on Aug 18, 2017. I saw Dell invoice on Aug 23rd. Ordered date was wrong In the invoice. I called several times, they said, "It is not possible to correct the invoice. We will refund some of the total amount." I agree for the condition, but I am not received the refund or correct invoice. They created 5 service request numbers whenever I call. But problem not solved. Every time when I call Dell customer service for finding a solution, call going to India, customer agent don't have enough knowledge and are not talking professionally. Worst customer services I ever saw. Today I requested for return items, they are not agree for returns also. I am very disappointed with their service.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Support at Dell is horrible. I've been emailing since August 11 trying to get a broken Dell H815dw printer replaced and never got a response. Today I got someone on the phone who told us that our warranty expired August 21. They have a copy of our emails that went unanswered to Dell before the warranty expired, but say they "can't do anything". Throughout the years, at 3 different companies, Element Technica, 3ality Technica, and Helios Engineering, we've been fantastic customers of Dell products. Won't be shopping with them again after this!

Dell Customer Service Company Information