Dell Customer Service

1768people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Dell Customer Service:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

I attempted to purchased an Alienware Alpha R2 from Dell on 8/5/16. I received a confirmation code, which indicated the computer was purchased. On 8/11/16, I called Dell to check on the order and learned it was never processed. I had to resubmit my order. On 8/26/16, I received the computer. I set up the computer including the registration. As soon as I clicked the enter button for the registration the computer started to beep and gave a error message.

I called Dell Support and I was told I needed to pay $239.95 and they would fix the computer. I purchased the one year warranty but the issue with the computer was not covered. I had a brand new computer just 30 minutes out of the box and they wanted me to pay another $239.95. I explained I was not willing to pay to repair a brand new computer. They dropped the price to $129.00. I refused to pay that fee. The computer tech. attempted to pressure me into paying the fee and would not listen to what I had to say. I was given a number for Customer Support after I refused to pay the fee.

Customer Support was not willing to help. They refused to fix the problem or even replace the computer. I was informed I could return the computer and that I should buy a different computer. I would not recommend anyone buy a computer from Dell. I know I will never buy anything from them again. Poor customer service, poor customer support and sub-par computers.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY DELL!!! I bought a laptop and 3 days after I bought it the touch pad and the buttons stopped working. I spent around $2,000 for Dell Latitude 7370. I contacted with the service and they said in 2 days the replacement pieces will arrive and I should expect to receive a service call from technician.

After they schedule the service, daily basis I kept receiving automatic calls saying that I need to confirm my availability between 9 am to 1 pm so tech. could come and fix it. Even though I confirmed it every day, I never received the service, tech. never showed up and never received the "on the way" call. After 10 days passed like that I called the number back complaint and told them if they are kidding with me and I was trying to understand if they know what they are doing and I was trying to understand seriously if they will be fixing my laptop. They told me sorry and promised that tech. will call me within the next 2 hours but that never happened again.

Afterwards I kept receiving automatic calls daily basis for the next 3/ 4 days and again nothing changed. Today I called again and I talked with Roche, I explained him the situation. First he said that Tech called me few times and allegedly I never picked up the phone and I told him "that is not true. Your tech. never called me and all I received from you was the daily basis set up automatic call." He told me that I am lying and they always rely on their Tech's report not the customers'. Supposedly the tech tried to reach me 2 times. But when I told him why "you guys never mentioned this to me before" then he start saying that they are short on tech these days and having problem with getting the issues in a timely manner.

I am very disappointed. Dell service is extremely reckless in Houston area. Plus disrespectful. They don't care. So I strongly do not suggest Dell 7370. It gets defective in 3 days. Don't worth that amount of money. I don't suggest not even any Dell product. If Dell is not providing the right service the way it is supposed to be then I don't think that Dell could ever be the first choice for many buyers.

I instantly knew that it was a scammer calling, and I told them. So I told them that my computer is broken, but that does not stop them. I told them that I bought a mac. They keep calling. A year before the calls, I purchased a two year "extended warranty". The month that it expired, they called telling me all about my warranty purchase, and that they knew it had just expired. I had made other Dell purchases, a wireless keyboard and mouse. On another call, the scammers knew the dates of the purchases. They recently got my cell number. I only talked to them to find out how much information that Dell was losing or selling.

Dell Inspiron 15 (5000 series) which has been overheating and after two service calls and them "fixing" the issue, Dell now tells me their technician found liquid spillage even though the entire time I owned the laptop which is less than one year I have never had any type of liquid near the laptop. So far Dell will not fix the overheating issue which has caused burns to my finger, as well as it is a danger to anyone who touches the laptop, and could pose a threat to catching fire and burning anything around it including my house. Terrible support, terrible fixes, and terrible depot experience.

I bought a Dell tablet two months ago. When I had technical issues, I sent in online requests (and received confirmations) on 7/25. There has been no reply by 8/18. When I called in, I was transferred four times each time asking for the same information. One technical support could not even match my order number to the product I purchased and she even told me that I was out of warranty! The waiting on the phone goes forever that I had to hang up for bathroom breaks! Nobody could solve my problem other than transferring me to someone else who then asked for the same information who then concluded that it was someone else problem.

While I was waiting on the phone, I was reminded that I should use the web request -- which I did but nobody responded to my requests! Given how bad the service is I would not even bother to complain that the English of some representatives are really hard to understand. Never buy a Dell again. The company is destroying its own brand. A decade ago I was very impressed by Dell's customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell ?

Like others have posted, I had a gift card that had $200 left on it, and when I went to use it I found that the balance was $0 and it had been used a few weeks prior by unknown people. The gift card was not lost or stolen, I still have it in my possession. Calling the Dell Gift card department, the "order verification department," and the "legal enforcement team" gets only a reference to and transfer to one of the other departments.

I have reached the same fellow at the "order verification department" who after telling me to contact my local authorities (I did), to contact my credit card company (it was a gift card, not a credit card), basically says there is nothing he can do. It seems Dell gift cards are subject fraud and there is nothing you can do about losing your money!

2 weeks after purchasing Dell Laptop, Dell updates caused laptop not to boot. My wife needed to work and I had to leave for work, so I told her to call Dell so they could revert update. Customer service only wanted to sell here the 2-year warranty (239.00) or a one time fee of 125.00 for their update they installed. My wife said she wanted to talk to me first, he asked her why. My wife told me that he said she should go with the 239 because they know about this issue and consumers have had to call back in and pay another 125. This upset me because this sounds like a known issue and they are extorting money their customers, either pay the 239 or have to pay 125 again. I told her pay the 125 since she needed it for work.

My wife called me back asking about what anti-virus we had. I said we are still using the complimentary McAfee and why should that matter. I was getting a little upset now, it was after 10 and she started this at 8. I took a break and went home and talked to support and he started backtracking saying the issue had nothing to do with the security software and he was just curious. I explained the only thing I wanted was to have him revert the update that we paid for. He then says he needs to transfer me to someone else. The new customer service agent just had me go into Bios and change the boot partition from Legacy to UEFI and you charged me 125.00 for this. SHAME ON YOU DELL.

I will never again purchase or try to purchase anything from Dell. In attempting to make an order I spent over 5 hours talking to incompetent customer care and sales representatives. Several of my orders were canceled without any notification and when I attempted to find reasons and resolve the issue I was dragged from phone to phone, from department to department into an infinite loop that didn't bring any resolution. I heard about this from other folks before but I now experienced it first hand. I am certain in one thing, I will never order through DELL again.

I purchased a new 13 inch Dell Inspiron 7359 with Touchscreen. After 2 weeks the touchscreen stopped working and the sound worked only intermittently. I then called Dell Tech Support and was assured that they could fix the computer over the internet. Unfortunately, after several hours on-line spread out over several days tech support finally admitted that it could not fix the computer and directed me to send it back to the Dell Headquarters for repair.

After I mailed the laptop back to Dell I was informed that Dell did not have the necessary replacement parts in stock and that I would have to wait at least one month before the necessary parts were available. When I complained about the delay and asked for a refund, Dell said that it could not give me a refund but it MIGHT be able to give me a replacement laptop. However, when I asked when I could expect the replacement I was informed that it could take 15 days to get approval and then several additional days to arrange for shipping. I have been using computers both at home and at work since 1982 and this is the worst computer and the worst service I have ever experienced.

Bought a new XPS and three year next business day extended warranty. Keyboard went bad three months ago. They said part was on back order, first for a month, then it got extended to two months. In the interim they came up with a keyboard. Had to be from a used laptop. The replacement keyboard was worse than the one I had. They came up with another keyboard. That one failed so bad I cannot use my XPS. Have to use my other laptop and it is taking me twice as long to do my work on that one. I asked for a full refund from what I paid for everything so I could get another laptop. They will only give me refund based on the time I've had and used it. No thanks. NEVER AGAIN A DELL!!!

On 25 July we ordered a new computer from Dell. After waiting a week, we called customer service and they said they could not find our order. We allowed them to make out our new order, it was exactly the same as the 1st order. What we received was not the same as the first one. We called back and was told we would have to wait because of the limit on my account.

I purchased an 8500 XPS in January 2013 which included a four year service policy. The video card went out and when I called for repair, I was told the installation was not covered. It was only when I stated I would contact their corporate office that they made arrangements to install the new card. My policy INCLUDED in home repairs. I sent a letter to the corporate office anyway and received a call today, five days later, from another tech to see what my complaint was. He was very unconcerned with my complaint and seemed "bothered" that he had to call me. My opinion is that Dell has gotten TOO BIG and they charge whatever they want for inferior service and product. Service from elsewhere, i.e. Costco, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc., is 1/2 to 1/4 the cost for at least the same service.

My laptop is not working since last 35 days, last time DELL people told me that they will inform me the decision of their high official team. On 11.07.2016 Engineer (from Chandigarh) came to my home and he also checked that the laptop is not working then he contacted to DELL people and it was confirmed by the Engineer from Chandigarh the system is not working due to hard disc problem and then he told to Dell office (Either it was Gurgaon office) and informed the matter to Dell officers. Later on Mr. Sparsh ** Dell | Technical Support Specialist told me and email to me that the issue of hard disc is being referred to the another team.

I am astonished that DELL people could not resolve the matter till now. As the same issue was discussed on 11.07.2016 and today is 08.08.2016, after the period of 28 days the matter is still as it was. Further I add that I purchased this laptop in 60000/- have taken 3 years warranty on this laptop then what is the use of extra warranty as DELL people do not want to repair the system. DELL people are just killing the time by sending me mail with useless words. I WANT MY LAPTOP SHOULD RUN SMOOTHLY, KINDLY SOLVE THE ISSUE OF HARD DISC or to replace my Laptop.

Why did DELL sell my contact info? I bought a Dell laptop a year ago, had to have it replaced and returned it dissatisfied all within a month. That was the ONLY DELL computer I have ever owned or operated. This year I have received a minimum of 4 spam calls telling me my "Dell" computer is sending out garbage. The info I have squeezed out of the criminals puts Dell on top of a list of 2 sources having any knowledge of my contact info related to the purchase of a Dell.

Dell has no intention on honoring their warranty. 5 month old computer has had 3 technicians already with no resolve. I have spent a total of 9 hours on the phone, additional time troubleshooting, and more time waiting on techs to come and not fix the problem. This company has not acted honorably or stood behind their product which by the way is a piece of junk.

The computer I purchased from Dell was having a litany of issues from the first day. After working for several months with my IT tech and Dell's support tech, I asked Dell to replace the computer. They refused, stating it was beyond the return policy. I reminded them the problems existed since the first day, and that the reason I was beyond the return period was due to trying to resolve the issues.

The support rep on the phone ordered a Dell tech to come replace my motherboard and hard drive. I told the rep on the phone that the service tech needed to call me and pre-schedule a date/time for the repair, so that I could have my IT person coordinated to come reconfigure my computer to our network; without my computer configured to the network, I would be unable to perform my work. The phone rep repeated back to me my instructions and assured me that the tech would call.

The tech did not call, and showed up unannounced. When I turned him away and told him he would need to schedule a day in advance so that I could get my IT person out that same day, the Dell tech was a total ** about it. The Dell tech called later and scheduled a date to return to make the repair. I scheduled my IT person accordingly. Then on the date he was supposed to come, the Dell tech did not show up and did not call.

I called the Dell phone support person and told them the frustrations I was having. The phone support person told me I could use my own IT person instead of the Dell tech, and that it would still be covered under warranty. I proceeded with this option. When my IT person attempted to install the replacement parts sent by Dell, the motherboard worked, but the replacement hard drive was faulty, so he didn't replace the hard drive, only the motherboard. When I asked Dell about the bill for my IT person, they confirmed in writing (email) that they would take care of it under the warranty. I attempted to follow up with Dell support over the course of several months to get the bill paid, but they ignored my emails, or would say they were looking into it and never get back to me.

Finally after trying different people in the department, they sent me on a goose chase to first open a new ticket with their tech support, then they said it wasn't a technical support department issue and to contact their customer care department. After contacting the customer support department and explaining the entire saga to them, they told me it wasn't their department and I would need to contact the warranty department. I contacted the warranty department and explained the entire saga to that person, who then told me I would need to talk to his supervisor. I explained everything all over again to the supervisor, who then told me it wasn't their department's issue and that I needed to contact technical support (which is where I started in the first place).

I contacted technical support again, and worked my way up the chain of supervisors until they sent me to a support resolution manager, who argued that my emails did not show any evidence of Dell telling me the bill for my IT person would be covered, even though my emails very simply and clearly showed that the support person DID tell me the bill would be covered under warranty and that she was very clearly aware that I was using my own IT person. I also escalated the matter to this support resolution manager's supervisor and went through the same dead end with him. Finally, he told me that their department was unable to issue out payments and that the only department that could do this was their legal department.

Why wouldn't they tell me this 5 months ago as the very first thing? They gave me a physical address and fax number for their legal department but told me the legal department has no direct phone number or email address to contact. So now I'm stuck faxing them my documentation, with no response confirming they're even receiving it. This is a total scam. I never would have used my own IT person if: 1.) their tech had followed instructions and done his job; 2.) Dell would have told me that they would not pay for my own IT person to perform the repair.

Now my hard drive completely died and I called their tech support to come replace it under warranty. They sent a Dell tech to replace the hard drive, which he did, and then left before waiting to see if the new hard drive worked. I came to find out the next day that the new hard drive is faulty. I contacted Dell and told them this and now they are not responding to my emails. I hope that this horror story saves someone else out there the mistake of buying a computer from a company that is on par with a scam artist.

In June of 2016 I purchased a computer from Dell. The first one was faulty so they replaced it. The 2nd one was faulty too and after a technician took control of it and worked on it, it worked worse. They agreed to exchange it after offering me a refund or exchange. At first I opted for an exchange. But it has been almost a month of waiting for the third computer and apologies for the delay I asked for a refund. But because it had been over 30 days I could not get a refund and am still waiting for the next computer.

They strung me along so it went over the 30 days so they wouldn't have to give me a refund. I have the email of them offering me a refund but it did no good. I have been on the phone and emailing them since the first computer was a few days old but now it has been too long to get a refund. Needless to say, this will be my last Dell. I will not purchase from them again and wish I had read the complaints before I purchased but I have had several Dells and always had good service. I will advise people to stay away from Dell.

Almost a year ago, I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 (5000 series) computer. The computer has never worked. The machine regularly overheats, a fan comes on, and the system locks. I have to force a shut down, and restart it. Meanwhile, of course, I lose my work. I have endured months of phone calls from their technology support staff. Several parts have been replaced. From the beginning, I have been asking to exchange the computer but to no avail. They insist that my warranty only allows for a repair. Maybe if I had purchased from a store (instead of directly), I would not have encountered this bizarre refusal to stand behind their product. At any rate, I am dissatisfied with both the computer and the customer service response to my ongoing problems with it.

Worst experience, I never ever recommend anyone to buy Dell products. Waste of money and time to deal with them. I bought Dell Alienware laptop in Oct 2015 and since then I have problems with computer. I have spent around $1800. It waste of money and time. Since the day one it's not working properly. I have contacted the tech support for several times and the issue is not resolved yet. Either they don't know how to fix it or they just wanna make money. They least bother about their customers.

After I signed up for the support service that was price 149.00 and charged 239.00 the tech call me and wanted to get into the computer. Having a lot of calls of people who resented themselves as with Dell and Microsoft. I am careful of who I am talking to and release my computer. In my verification of the tech my questioning was a little too detail and became annoyed by the tone of his voice. He said "you just signed up for the service. Here is your Credit card number." With this information I did not want to do business with a company that shared my credit card number with the tech. I asked to cancel my subscription at once and that I would cancel my credit card that was shared with the tech's.

I have made several calls to talk to management and each time I am given a new number and have to repeat the same information to the same people who were less fluent in the Queen's language. I own three Dell computers in my home and another five computers in my business. Dell will never see my credit card again. I will share this true incident with friends. I am truly surprised that such good computers they manufacture and resort to such scamming.

This is how Dell, Inc. avoids fixing their computers under warranty and then suddenly becomes unable to fix them even for a fee: Computer began malfunctioning within 1 month of purchase. I called Dell warranty department, described the symptoms which clearly pointed to either memory or motherboard failure. Technician ran tests and declared that this was a software issue and cannot be fixed under warranty. He quoted $250 for debugging my computer. I refused as I continued to believe that this was a hardware problem.

Problem continued to get worse. The warranty expired. I took the machine to third party technician and was informed that this was a faulty motherboard. I called Dell to see if they would honor the warranty as it was allowed to expire due to their mistake. They refused and informed me that symptoms the warranty technician documented during my phone call were completely different from what I complained about at that time.

I wrote a letter to Dell, Inc. corporate requesting them to review my complaint. They reviewed, called me back and informed me that they can do absolutely nothing for me. They transferred me back to Tech to see how much it would cost to fix the computer. Dell non-warranty technician informed me that hypothetically the motherboard can be replaced for $299 plus tax, but practically they do not have the part in stock. He was unable to tell me whether or when the part might become available.

I ordered laptop from Dell based on 24th June based on a promotional email received from them along with external CD ROM drive. Unfortunately, I deleted the email, though I kept PDF file of another similar offer for reference. The laptop was 2-in-one. I received delivery on 30th June, 2016. I soon realized that it is not. I returned CD ROM on 10th July to Dell in order to adjust 5% promotional money back e-card. After talking to Technical support after her try to fix by remote access, I sent back laptop on19th July to Dell Repair Depot in Mississauga. I soon received call from them saying that it is not 2-in-one model to start with.

I received back laptop on 25th July. Since then, I am chasing Technical Dept, Customer Service and Sales but nobody seems to care. Customer Service Rep. called me couple of times to avoid making a ticket number to track progress. Finally, I called CSR and got ticket number based on information given by Technical Dept. Rep. Everyone wants to close the file without satisfying customer. The person who took the order sent me invoice of repayment without any explanation or note. Even after repeatedly asking CSR to get that person from Sales to write to me or send me copy of promotional email based on which I ordered laptop, he has neither written to me nor sent me copy of that email.

As such, the laptop box left unopened to date. I never had problems with Dell, but this is a big mess. I asked to talk to Manager Sales, but my call was repeatedly disconnected. I want to receive 2-in-one laptop, so that I can use it. I do not want to waste any more time on phone with Dell with such disrespect to customers, especially when I am facing domestic emergencies.

Dell gives you these gift cards when you buy their stuff. I had one for $250 from purchasing a TV from them. Main reason I bought the TV from them is because I knew I needed to upgrade my computer and the $250 would help with that. But after buying a computer, a better one went on sale literally the next day. So I bought a computer late at night and the next morning I go on their website using the live chat and try to cancel.

They said can't be done and that I would have to return it when it came. Of course by then the better computer deal would be lost. I ended up refusing the shipment so I didn't have to go through the return authorization process. This last January and Dell never acknowledged anything. Never heard anything from them and of course I lost the $250 gift card. I ended up getting my money back by filing a dispute with my credit card.

So I bought a computer from Lenovo and am no longer a Dell customer. I submitted a review earlier on this website and find that it has been marked as resolved. NOT!!! From my perspective Dell customer service is non existent. Taught me a lot about them as a company. When you produce a product that historically by its nature requires intensive customer service, and you have none, you should stay away from that company.

I purchased a Dell XPS laptop in July of 2015 and have had nothing but the worst experiences with it. I bought it with the intention of not needing to purchase a new computer for another 2-3 years and thus went all out as far as specs and warranty for the computer going so far as to purchase their "premium" support. Well not even a year after owning the computer I ran into issues with the graphics card and had the laptop sent in. Upon the laptop being returned I still experienced the issues however in an even worse sense and now normal things such as watching youtube videos began causing problems for my computer.

After attempting to send the laptop in again the customer support agent emailed me back that I now owed $300 for a monitor repair because the laptop was now out of warranty. When I sent the laptop in initially there were no issues with the monitor. I'm still trying to deal with this issue even today and went so far as to attempt to call the company only to have the agent on the phone hang up on me because he "could not hear me." I'm extremely disappointed with Dell and their supposedly premium warranty and will no longer be purchasing products from the company until there is a serious overhaul in their customer service.

I purchased an inspection desktop computer from Best Buy on June 4th. On Tuesday July 11th I attempted to start the computer. Instead of starting I received an error message. Hard Drive: No hard drive detected. I contacted the Technical Support. Thus began my 9 days in Dantes circle. I spent 4 hours on day 1 speaking to Any. We turned it on and off, unplugged it and then back in, started it while pressing alt 2 then pressing alt 12. She explained I must send it to their depot for repair. I vehemently disagreed. She then told me my only other alternative was to escalating the problem. However if I choose this they would not repair the computer.

I reluctantly agreed with the intent of pursuing other avenues. I was instructed to print a label from my email and call FedEx for a pickup. I informed them that since my computer was now in a box I could not. They said they would arrange for FedEx would pick it up with a reprinted label. I was told this on July 11th and FedEx made first contact on July 20th. I was not home so the driver left a label. Abu knew I was dissatisfied so she summoned her supervisor to speak with me. Puking told me that there was an additional alternative beside sending it out or escalating it. I could repair it myself with a technician talking me thru it. I almost laughed.

I called back on day 2 and was switched to the wrong department, to nonworking numbers. I finally got to an area I was told I needed Customer Returns. Here I spoke to Brenda who told me she showed the purchase date as April 11th. I told her that I had a receipt that stated June 4th was the purchase date. I was informed my receipt didn't matter. She showed the computer shipped to Best Buy on that date and they considered that the purchase date. I almost laughed. After she finally gave up that approach she then informed me that April 11th the shipping date was the date the warranty started. So I asked for clarification. The product was shipped April 11th, the thirty day warranty expired on May 11th and I bought the computer on June 4th. She promptly switched me to a nonworking number.

Next I spoke to Brendas supervisor Robert. Robert informed me that I was past the thirty day return policy and that one defect in thirty day does not make it returnable. There must be multiple failures for it to be returned. He then said to email a copy of my receipt and he would see what he could do. I emailed it to him and told him I would give him a few day and call him on Monday. Come Monday I made numerous calls to attempt to contact Robert with no luck. I now spoke to Ali who spoke to her manager and said he agreed with me he and was currently on the phone with the manager of basic hardware. I was instructed to contact him and it would be resolved. The only problem was they had no internal way to switch an outside line to the department. I would need to hang up and call back.

Needless to say after I was switched several times and finally got the right department. The manager had no idea what I was talking about. I was then put in touch with Ray who said I needed the basic hardware department. His attempt to switch me resulted one being disconnect. I called back and got Ray who I simply told "I have had enough: I expected a call on Wednesday July 21st from someone who had the authority to make a decision. If none was received by 4.00 pm I would start with the corporate office." I received an email from Hansraj requesting me to call back.

When I called I was told he was unavailable because he was eating lunch then he was gone for the day. I was then given to Raj who after consulting with his manager who determined that the best they would is send someone to my home to repair the computer. I told him I would accept only to get my computer up and running but I was still going to continue to challenge it. It annoys me that I asked almost everyone I spoke to "if you had a new car and after 5 weeks you heard a noise and brought it to the dealer. He checked it out and told you he could fix it but he might have to replace. Would you accept this."

When asked to speak to someone stateside, USA, they lied to me and transferred me to someone who said that they were, could barely understand him, really!! I think all of their customer support is in India, will never be able to speak to someone with clear English language skills. I was going to order a $2,700 laptop, I'll stick with Apple, better service.

I purchased a laptop on July 12, 2016. I later changed my mind deciding that keeping my old laptop plugged in while in use was not so bad. It was about 4 hours later that I emailed Customer Support that I wanted to return the laptop. I received my reply to that email this morning, the 19th. On July 16th, I read the online instructions for initiating a return and followed them to the letter. I was supposed to receive the waybill within 48 hours. Today I called them and the first thing out of the rep's mouth was, "You were supposed to call Ma'am." He then placed me on hold for several minutes until I decided to hang up. This cements my decision to save my money and buy an Apple Mac for Christmas. Thank you Dell. Thank you very much!

I talked with 3 people and nobody answered my question which is: "Does my laptop Latitude D620 has a webcam in it?" It's very frustrating.

I purchased a Dell Inspiron Desktop 3000 Series Model 3847 on April 6, 2015 with Windows 7 Pro installed. It replaced my 12 year old desktop that had Windows XP which I dearly loved. I already had a nice monitor, keyboard, speakers, etc so all I needed was the CPU which I paid over $700 for (included Office 2013). Wasn't long before I was having problems and was calling tech support. They could usually fix it, at least to the point that it was working better than when I called them. My one year warranty expired April 7, 2016 so I extended it for 3 years for $288 plus the tech support convinced me to buy System Mechanic for $39.95 (I guess so I could try to fix problems myself). :-( I was emailed a $75 gift card for purchasing those things.

I have been having more serious problems the last few months and have called tech support 3 or 4 times. Every time they do the same thing - get remote access then install Click-to-Fix. Run scans, defragment disks, the usual, but I kept having the same problems (Internet Explorer crashing/not responding; Google - not responding; Shockwave crashing; computer very slow when it wasn't crashing). Took quite a while to even check my email because upload so slow.

Every time (after sitting there 1-2 hours while they did their thing) the tech would tell me that he "guaranteed" that it would work properly now. He said he would send me a follow-up email to check with me and if there was still a problem that they would call me back in two days. Each time their "fixes" did not work and I replied to their email, then had to wait about 3 days for a call or I would call them back (which they didn't like).

I had ordered it with Windows 7 Pro because I figured some of my older software that I really liked wouldn't work with anything newer than Windows 7 (it came with a free upgrade to Windows 10 which I didn't want that). I couldn't uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer (which seemed to be a large part of the problem) since it came installed in my operating system. So on the last two tech calls I asked the tech to try doing that OR reinstalling my operating system since nothing else worked. They pretty much ignored me and kept doing the same old, same old stuff over and over again.

Finally this weekend after waiting two days for a call back, I went ahead and upgraded to Windows 10 which, like I said, I didn't want. I had a Windows 8.1 (Windows 7 Pro) reinstallation disk (that came with my order in 4-2015) but my computer wouldn't uninstall/reinstall Windows 7 because it said I didn't have a valid disk. So, no choice but to upgrade to 10. Today tech support called me back (rather a recording did) and I chose the option to speak to a tech (even though I had resolved the problem myself). I held on for about 15 minutes listening to music and a recording saying someone would be with me "momentarily" HAHAHAHA!!! Finally I hung up since I just wanted to chew up some tech butt anyway and was wasting my time (yet again) holding on for a live person.

Another interesting thing happened: the $75 gift card (email) I had received, I decided to buy a new flatbed scanner (and pay about $100 myself). I had an older one, but couldn't find anything else I wanted to buy. The customer service person I was speaking with told me it had expired, which it hadn't. He told me I could call another number and they would update it to give me more time. Told him I wanted to use it THAT day on THAT purchase. He kept arguing with me and telling me I couldn't, that I would have to pay for it and use the gift card at a later date. I asked to speak to a supervisor several times which he evidently didn't want me to do that, but when I kept insisting he finally switched me over. Supervisor checked the card number and said it hadn't expired so she spoke with him and got it straightened out and he had to apply my gift card towards my purchase.

I have been very dissatisfied since I bought this computer - with the computer itself and tech support. I have bought a few Dell computers over time and have helped a couple of friends order Dell computers and encouraged other people to buy from Dell. Now, I will probably never buy another one or recommend them to anyone else. Plus, it would be SO NICE to speak to someone in the U.S. who spoke good English for a change.

Placed an online order two days ago for a new laptop. I inputted all of my data, including name, phone number, email address, shipping address and credit card info. No problem. Received a confirmation email, addressed to me with appropriate info, indicating I had paid, etc. Received a second email, indicating that the purchase was being processed and the laptop would be delivered to my address - but WITH A DIFFERENT NAME ON THE ACCOUNT! Went online with a chat, since I was aware that customer service for Dell was now overseas. The gentleman there indicated that he couldn't change the addressee on the shipping label. I said that even assuming the laptop was actually delivered - the warranty would be under the other person's name. He said I had to call customer service Monday morning after 8:00 CST - which led me to believe I would be speaking to someone in the US. WRONG!

In any event, I called shortly after 8:00 CST and was placed in the queue for 47 minutes! When I finally spoke to "Sam/Siam?" I couldn't understand anything he said, other than he would transfer me. I then was back on hold until I finally spoke with "Yvonne" - and at least I could understand her. She advised that I would have warranty issues since the order was not in my name. (She advised that once I typed in my home address, they already had a customer at that address and the system assigned me his customer number and that was the entire problem.) She also said that there was nothing that could be done to correct the issue other than cancel the order! I was transferred to another number and after waiting approximately 10 minutes "Eddie" from Dell Financial Services picked up and asked me if I wanted to make a payment!! After explaining my problem - AGAIN - he tried to transfer me to another number.

Again after waiting - this time probably no more than 5 or 6 minutes, "Robert" picked up and I went through the whole story again. Don't even ask what my blood pressure was at that point! Anyway, I told him there apparently was no way around this but to cancel the order. Well, he didn't want to hear about a cancellation and offered me a $25 credit. I thought we were getting someplace, then he told me he could not change the account owner's name! He finally cancelled the order. Yeah! I went onto Dell's site to post a comment about this, but there are several mandatory fields before you can start your complaint. Since my order number was cancelled, I couldn't even start the complaint/comment. I've been buying Dell products for over 20 years, but I guess that's done with this. I know they're saving money on the customer service - but it has really gone downhill.