Dell Customer Service

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have placed an online order (Order - **). After 3 days the order was cancelled by Dell stating that the item was not priced properly in the website. I have talked to sales as well as customer representative and they both cannot do anything. How can a company like Dell cancel an order just by saying that the price on the item was not listed correctly on the website? This is not right.

Dell Laptop Inspiron 13 - 7000 Series - Back in the fall, my husband presented me with a very nice looking Dell computer. My joy was short lived when I found out that the touchscreen didn't work. After many hours trying to solve the issue over the phone with Costco and then Dell, I send it to Dell to be fixed. It came back with a bended lid and the screen set wrong. I sent it back 3 times to have the issue fixed and Dell have failed to have if fixed every time. I requested a new computer, but they refused because the computer is over 200 days old. So, do yourselves a favor: do not buy a Dell computer.

I decided to switch back to PC after using Mac for several years and I ordered a Dell laptop. I receive a phone call from Dell stating that my order was frozen as my card was flagged fraudulent. After being a transferred to another agent, he apologizes and assured me that my order was ok. While tracking the shipping of my laptop, I discover that Dell placed a freeze on my laptop delivery. After calling them 4 times and spending literally a total of 4 hours on the phone, each agent was giving me a different excuse until finally someone apologized for their mistake and rushed me a laptop.

At the same time, I bought Office 365 from Dell. For security reasons, they do not email you the access code however they placed it in "my locker" a password protected website of Dell. They don't email the Office code however they email you the username and password of where you can find the code! what's the point?? It has been now 2 weeks I am trying to access my locker and after calling Dell 3 more times and after they supposedly reset my account, the username and password that Dell provided me is incorrect! So 2 weeks after receiving my laptop, I still cannot download Office 365 on it. Their agents are completely confused and again every agent I talk to (by phone or email) gives me a different excuse for my problem! I really regret switching from Mac and choosing Dell. Definitely the first and last time Dell will have my business!

I bought a TV from Dell and got a $300 gift certificate. I didn't realize it was only good for 90 days. Nonetheless, I then ordered a computer from them, about 6 months later and used the gift certificate. Everything seemed to go well, and I forgot about it until my staff asked me where their computer was that I had ordered 3 weeks before. Dell had sent me confirmation email, and in no way indicated there was a problem. So I called Dell... I first did the online chat, they sent me to another number for business, so I called that number and it sent me to India and they told after 20 min told me it was expired. So I spoke with the manager, who told me he could not do anything for me and he couldn't even cancel the order. So they sent me to a cancel order department who told me they could not reactivate gift certificate, so after 50 min they finally canceled my order.

Take home lessons: 1. Gift certificate you get to buy stuff from them is short-lived, so be aware. 2. Terrible customer service outside US, so difficult to communicate with them, and I really felt that Dell didn't care about any aspect of customer satisfaction. So if your time is valuable, I would not recommend buying through them, as you'll waste any savings you may have gotten with time spent on hold with people who don't understand you very well. Never buying another Dell product again.

My Christmas order was cancelled with no notification. My credit card is active and my bank did not cancel my order, however Dell did. When I called back to request my order be re-instated at the same price, I was quoted a $150 increase! I called over twenty times and was disconnected or sent to the operator without resolution. Did not record the wait times. Names of some of the persons include: Deni, Paul, Rishita, Oliver, Rajii, Jen, Ramon, Victoria, Tezende, Yash, Jay, Eldrin, Mohammed, Daile, Sri, McCoy, Ross, Jacquiline, Jessie, Darryl, and Alvin. Very disappointed that several supervisors and their superiors not only refused to help me, they cut me off or sent me back to the operator. Left a message with the corporate headquarters phone number at 1-815-726-4600 but have not heard back. Extremely poor customer service behaviors from over 20 Dell personnel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell ?

My wife has had a Dell Inspiron for over a year. It performs fine with no issues. I got a Dell XPS 8910 for Christmas. The day after Christmas I powered on my new Dell XPS 8910. I got a message to activate windows. When I tried to activate I got a message to do updates first. Checked for updates, downloaded and installed them. This process took a long time so I put the computer in sleep mode. The next day I turned on the computer and got an error code of 0XC004C008 and a "Message product key is being used on another PC. Please try a different key."

I called Microsoft support. They told me since this was a new computer that Dell accidently installed the same instance of Windows 10 on two different computers. All I had to do was get Dell to give me a new product key and they would help me activate windows. I have spent the greater part of the next 4 days on the phone with Dell tech support with no solution. The most irritating thing was I was cut off while speaking with Dell tech support 5 times, 3 times the same day.

Since the computer was purchased in November and not opened until Christmas the 30-day support and return period had ended. Therefore Dell would only do basic support unless I purchased a tech support contract. In summary Dell would not fix, replace or give me a refund on this computer. I had to purchase a new install of MS Windows 10 in order to use my new computer. I am not the only victim of poor Dell support. There are over 4000 reports of such service at Dell Customer Support Complaints and Reviews at the link below. After reading these reports I would think twice about purchasing a Dell product.

On November 30th 2016, I contacted Dell by phone and ordered a 65 inch smart 4K TV. Two days after, the television was sent and was very happy about that. Once I received the television, I noticed after about a week that the screen had defects in it. I went ahead and contacted Dell and asked to return the unit. The customer service agent, whom I could barely understand, told me that I could return the unit and that Purolator Freight would contact me within 24-48 hours to book an appointment with me to pick up the huge box. After 2 days, I called back since I never received any phone call from Purolator. My mother's tongue isn't English, it's French but I'm quite decent at understanding spoken English. Believe me or not, I could barely understand the French and English speaking agents, they barely talk French OR English.

For 3 weeks, I called every day, asking what was going on and why I wasn't receiving any calls back to pick up the TV. Every time they'd tell me a different story, would lie, be rude, hang up on me when they couldn't understand what the hell was going on, was wasting my time by transferring me endlessly delegating tasks to someone else because of incompetence, etc... As of yesterday, January 5th 2017, Dell has finally sent me a private truck company to pick up the TV AFTER they received my written notice letting them know that I was about to start a lawsuit and was in contact with the Consumer Protection of Ontario. Dell agents (the Customer Team Care service from India) REFUSED to give me the legal address and email to send my legal notice as I couldn't find it anywhere online. Most of them were also refusing to give me their names and employee numbers.

I bought during the last decade, many Dell computers and had no issues whatsoever. However, the customer service I received was by far, the worse of my ENTIRE life. It was my last purchase with Dell. Never again! I don't think Dell care about their customers, or else they'd fix the language barrier and incompetency going on in their Indian Customer Team Care. You can't understand what they're saying and you're speaking with someone in a third world country and the phone lines aren't helping, it cuts a lot during the conversations. I'm guessing because it's so far and the poor line infrastructure in India?? Few words of advice to finish my review and rant. STAY AWAY from Dell, not worth the hassle!

Bought a Dell computer because I had heard how good a product they are and have great customer service, neither is true. Had the computer (Dell Inspiron 24) for right at a year when the hard drive crashed. Dell will not stand behind it. So to get it fixed I am going to be out the price of a hard drive and software. I was on the phone with numerous times and met nothing but resistance. Will never buy another Dell product.

I bought a computer from Dell, it was supposed to arrive in 8 to 12 days. It never arrived so I called Dell support. I talked to 4 different customer service departments and each had a different explanation. Finally the last department told me that they had a problem putting the computer together and getting it to run, they would have it solved with a week or 2. Then I waited and the ship date got delayed a total of 8 times, delaying it about a week each time. After waiting 8 weeks to get a computer for Christmas that was going to arrive over 8 weeks later from its original delivery date, they just cancelled it. So I called customer support again and all they said was sorry. I said "what's the reason?" After waiting 10 minutes the reply was a supplier malfunction. I told them I waited over 8 weeks with no contact from Dell company letting me ever know anything. Only time I found out anything was when I called them.

I thought that since I bought it on a sale with a earned Dell credits to spend, that they could do something. I was told since I'd have to reorder again now that my Dell credit zero out and they would not honor their special price even though the problem was theirs. All I ever got is sorry and thanks for buying Dell. I would never buy anything from Dell! Horrible customer service... The worst customer service I'd EVER had. Stay away from anything made by Dell!

Posting your complaint in this forum is a great start! But, you need to formally file your complaint with the FTC. They only take action when a large volume of complaints exist. For example, look at what happened to Comcast. Their customer service was so poor they made it impossible to get any satisfaction and the FTC received so many complaints they investigated it (finally). The FTC then gave the largest fine in history to Comcast. Next batter up? Dell. There are so many complaints in this forum and around the world that it is very difficult to understand why Dell is so successful. Here is a direct link to the FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1. It is very simple to file a complaint. On the left, just select "Internet Services, Online Shopping, or Computers". This is how we will bring down the big bully Dell and their poor customer service.

I ordered a Dell computer and they indicated that the computer would be delivered 5-10 days on their website and my order status confirmed such. After 10 days I inquired of why the status had not changed and they indicated it was not ready for shipment, it would be another 3 days to be ready for shipment. In addition, Dell indicated that it will take at least 3-5 days for shipment, although I selected expedited delivery.

The chat service just said: "We always try to deliver the orders within the time-frame referenced at the point of sale. However, we do occasionally run into unexpected delays in the manufacturing process." Dell needs to revise its communication as I had ordered the computer based on their timeline and my schedule. I advise purchasing from other companies such as Apple computer as they have much more accurate information and communication.

Unit overheated after 2 years and caused the unit to lose operating time. Sometimes it would overheat in the middle of a online search and I would have to continue later on after it cooled down. Overall my opinion was it was a very reliable unit until it got bloated with cookies and adware.

I purchased a warranty plan with an on-site visit if necessary for a computer, Inspiron 3650, repairs I purchased from Dell. In July or August 2016 warranty good through July 17, 2017. My color went out around November 2016. I called Dell Support in November 2016 starting with a technician named Santosh. He gained access to my computer remotely, went through it completely, and I thought he said he was to call me back. I received an e-mail saying, "If any further problems call us back." Well the problem was not solved. I called back. I got Naveen this time. He did the exact same thing. When he left me the problem was still there. After several more attempts by different technicians and approximately 5 weeks passing the problem still exist.

On December 31, 2016 I called again. This time I made contact with a female technician named Anusha. She gained access to my computer and scheduled a home visit repair. I received a confirmation schedule for the appointment time of arrival of the on-site visit, 1-03-2017, between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Didn't happen. I called and supposed to have spoke with a manager of Dell Support. He said they received an email from the techs outside, whoever they are, saying they reappointed the appointment for 1-04-2017. No one called me about this and I Sat at home all day. I have purchased in the past several computers both desktop and laptop for my children. I can readily say this repair service is the most terrible of any company I have ever dealt with. I would not rate it with one star except that was the lowest rating I could show. My name is James ** and believe me like the politicians I approve this complaint.

On Nov 29, 2016 I bought a SAMSUNG TV through Dell for $189.00 with Dell sending a E-GIFT Certificate for $100.00. Well Dell now won't send the $100 gift certificate they advertised to me and reason I bought the TV. I wish I had googled Dell BEFORE I did business with them. This company Is stealing and lying to the public. I am totally amazed the Attorney Generals Office has not shut them down yet!! BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM DELL.

Because it has been pretty reliable, although because you can select individual components when you buy, we did have crashes before the motherboard was replaced. We suspect the 1st motherboard was not appropriate for our setup. We have a 2010 Dell that we are still using although it is beginning to get a little "flaky" (sites freeze, email wont download) which is usually fixed by restarting. We had the motherboard replaced in 2012 after a lightning strike, and it has a dual raid drive which has saved our files about 3 times.

I received my new computer for a birthday present from my daughter about 4 years ago. It came with Windows 10 and I was a little disappointed but I have learned how to use it and I am very happy with it. My final thoughts: I have been quite satisfied with my Dell All In One. No big bulky towers to be in the way, lots of room on and in my computer desk for other things.

I've been using technology professionally for about 20 years. Dell was never my go-to manufacturer for anything (servers, network, computers...). But after years of dealing with HP, I was fed up and mistakenly thought I would give Dell another chance. In my career, I often spend $250,000 annually on tech gear for my clients and customers. Dealing with Dell was awful. Equipment was shipped broken. Way overpriced 8-core+ systems. Refusal to service of our new equipment orders despite the fact that we have a zero balance and have overpaid. Slow response times from support. Support that refuses to expedite our requests. Refusal to service our order on a second Dell Financial Services account after they helped us set it up. I work for a green sustainable company and find this Texas company discriminatory in their behavior and actions towards us. I will never recommend Dell gear to my clients, customers, employers or frenemies.

Well the award for the worst customer service goes to Dell. So I pay $200 to repair my laptop and they couldn't even call a number before dispatching my laptop as per my consistent request. On top of that, the sorry doesn't help when you promise to get it shipped to an alternate address but never even contact FedEx over 4 business days. Disappointment is an understatement. I am furious to the extent that I decided to publicly post a negative feedback for the first time. And please do not use "sorry for inconvenience" when you are blatantly indifferent!! You lost a loyal customer today, not that you will care. I wish I could give them 0 stars here.

I've never had a Dell before, always used a laptop. But this machine, is OK, just not used to it yet. The Dell All in one, is very compact, and sits nicely on your desk without overtaking your desk. It's a monitor and a keyboard. That's it!! It is a good computer. I have had several problems, but that has been windows 10 fault not the computer. But several times it didn't want to boot up. Had to unplug and then replug, before it would start. I am assuming that it was the computer's fault on those accounts.

The order (Dell Inspiron 11 3000) never shipped after 1 month. Arrival dates kept being pushed back and they can kicked down the road. Multiple calls made to Dell and was told that parts on back order but the computer was still being advertised online. I requested that the product be removed from online so that other customers would not be in same situation as I was in. However, the computer was never removed from their advertisement.

After a month and having spoken with 6 different reps from different departments on the same day (was transferred to different departments over an hour period) and having been lied to by one of the reps that the computer was going to be shipped today and arrive in several days but was told otherwise by another rep, I sadly cancelled the order. It was not certain if the computer would ever ship. It did not seem like the right hand knew what the left hand was doing. I have bought Dell computers over the years and have noticed that the quality of service and integrity have declined. This decline is a reflection of the poor quality of the leadership and lack of genuine attention to the customer. It is sad to say that I do NOT recommend doing business with Dell or purchasing their products.

Lots of use and has stood the test of time without problems. We love our Dell desktop. Was recommended by our techie son who has always bought and used Dell computers; both desktop and laptop. Has worked well for us for several years now and was passed on to us by our son who had used it for 2 or 3 years prior.

Drivers not working correctly since I purchased the computer. Have been online with Dell for 2 hours! This computer is less than a year old and they want me to pay for something that went wrong or their computer. Not going to happen. I have other computers and this issue is with my Dell computer only. They refuse to stand behind their product. So if you are looking for a computer, don't pick Dell! So pissed right now!

Worst buying experience ever. Dell took my order ($1600 laptop) and never said anything about it being back ordered. Reps spoke very poor English. I have yet to receive an update. Took me many calls and a bunch of yelling before I was told they didn't have the touchscreen in stock and I would not be getting it. I was lied to multiple times and was told it had already shipped several times. I was also told I was not allowed to cancel my order. A month later, still getting bills but still no laptop and no answers as to whether it has shipped, still being built, or if the order was just all a bad dream. Most reps do not speak good English and they will try to force you to pay but not actually send the product. How can companies with this many complaints have not already been hit by the Better Business Bureau?

Purchased a Dell laptop on 6th Dec. Provided the right address/email and phone number. Was informed only on 14th Dec that an internal error prevented order from processing. Corrected outdated mailing/email/phone information which Dell for some reason had on file. Put in a new order on 14th Dec. Received an ETA of 19th-22nd Dec for delivery. Had to call Dell on 22nd Dec to find out that they had a parts shortage and there was no new outlook. AGAIN had to correct the SAME outdated mailing/email/phone. Dell requested me to place a new order for a laptop which had parts available. Put in the new order on 22nd Dec and was assured that it would arrive on 23rd Dec. AGAIN (3rd time) had to correct the SAME wrong mailing/email/phone.

Called Dell repeatedly to ensure address and ETA was accurate. Received repeated assurances. On 23rd Dec, found out that delivery date is in fact 28th Dec AND the address was still WRONG! I cancelled my order as I had to leave the country on the 28th Dec itself. After hours of phone conversations with Dell, I have nothing to show for it. Interestingly the invoice billing is the ONLY thing that occurs on schedule. Seriously!!!

What is it so difficult for Dell to get an address/Phone number/email updated AND why would they not use the right information which I had provided to them in the FIRST place? Why are all delivery estimates so wide off the mark AND why do I have to continually find out on the day itself? Why does Dell customer representatives provide all those assurances/commitments but we subsequently find out that there is in fact NO/WRONG execution. If Dell can bill invoices in such a timely fashion, it is a VERY poor reflection that the service nowhere matches their billing efficiency.

The computer they sold me is a piece of junk. It operates at about the speed I experienced in the days of dial-up. Several sites - mostly gaming - don't load at all. I have spent 7 1/2 hours on the phone with their "tech" people, who have accomplished nothing and, because I didn't return it within 30 days, they will not take the computer back or offer any solution. I even offered to use the credit from returning it to buy a more expensive computer, but they just parrot the company line. Most recently, they have taken to just hanging up on me. By the way, if you're a little older, like me, there is no one in the Dell tech service world who does not have a very thick accent. I just couldn't understand many of the people to whom I was transferred.

Nov 24th I ordered a laptop (Alienware 15 r3) off the Dell website. Order ** due to be delivered on Dec 6th. Dec 6th I received an email that read "Due to unforeseen circumstances, your order will take longer to process and ship than previously estimated." They gave me a new date of Dec 8th. Dec 9th, another email reading "Unfortunately, your delivery has now been delayed to Dec. 13, 2016. Federal Trade Commission regulations prevent us from processing this order unless you approve your new estimated delivery date."

I call as instructed and after a 32 minute wait, I get someone from India and I could not understand his name due to his accent, however I did understand when he told me that the order was cancelled. As I did not cancel it, I asked to speak with a supervisor and after another 30 minute wait I was told that my initial order had configuration issues and that Dell will be sending me another quote for another configuration. He was not able to explain why such an issue arose as the configuration is off their website and I only upgraded the RAM. He did say it may have something to do with the battery and I should receive the quote soon. So what happened to just getting a new delivery date? And how did it snowballed to a new configuration??

A few hours later I did receive a new quote/configuration. (Order number **) As far as I could see it was exactly the same configuration and the same price as my initial order with 3 exceptions. It did not have Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016, nor McAfee LiveSafe 12 Month Subscription and the $240 order level promotion reduction. So, somehow this new configuration, that was not a new configuration cost me more for less?? The delivery date was Dec 16th. On Dec 16th, no computer so I recontacted ** via email and asked on an update on my order. Never received a reply.

Dec 19th, I recontacted Dell via chat. 30 minutes later I get connected, however there is no one on the other side. I was having a conversation with myself... What a joke for a company. Wow... So, I retried chat and 15 minutes later made contact with an agent, **. I asked him about my order and he checked and said, "I am sorry to inform you that there is an unexpected delay in the order." Something like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" is my reply. He apologized and said he will put a rush on the order. I made sure he understood how frustrated I was and he said he would have a case specialist contact me. On Dec 20th I received another email reading "Due to unforeseen circumstances, your order will take longer to process and ship than previously estimated. Your new estimated delivery date is Dec. 26, 2016."

On Dec 21st I received an email reading "Hi Frank, Greetings from Dell Customer service. This email is about your most recent interaction with Dell Customer Care. Your Service Request no. is **. I regret to inform you that your order is delayed as we are facing unexpected delays owing to the availability of the parts. I was able to get an approval for expediting your order and your order is our priority list of shipping the order once all the parts are available." Respectfully, Naval ** Case Specialist Dell Customer Care.

Then to add insults to all insults, I received this last email on Dec 22 reading, "Your order has been cancelled. As requested, some or all of the items in this order have been cancelled. You'll find your cancellation details below, and you can view all products in this order on your Order Status page. You can also keep a check on the status of your order at www.dell.com/orderstatus. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you for choosing Dell. Just to be specific, at no time did I cancel my order, though now I am grateful they cancelled it as who would want to do business with such an incompetent company.

I placed an order online 12/10/2016 with a delivery date between 12/16/2016 and 12/20/2016. When I placed my order the item was listed in stock. Now on 12/22/2016 when checking my order online it still had not shipped. Called Dell customer support to get more details to the issue. First, could not speak to a single person I could understand their English and being transferred after several time was hung up on.

The fact of the matter is Dell simply oversold a product and now is on back-order for months and cannot fulfill their obligation and my child is not without his Christmas gift. They need better measures in place to monitor the stock quantities and not oversell products they do not have. To them it is just about the bottom dollar and making the money. They are planning on doing nothing about this and I will never order another product from Dell again!!!

Ordered laptop, computer, and cover for my grandson on Dec 8th for a Christmas gift. They told me I would have everything by Dec 19th. Got the laptop but not the protective cover. I called customer service. They told me it was on back order but never notified me. They have it now but said I won't get it until after Christmas. No call no e-mail. I ordered the protection cover because he is 9 years old, so what happens now if it gets damaged? They could care less. I would not recommend Dell for anything.

I ordered a gaming computer for my husband for Christmas. I wondered where it was, so I logged in to the website because I didn't get an email. It said there was an issue with payment. I called my credit card company. They said no problem on their end. I called as it directed me online. I spoke to 9 people and was on hold for 1.5 hours back and forth. The first three people told me they would send me to the payment area and I went through the same loop. So they really didn't send me anywhere. They were obviously from another country as I struggled to understand them. Some of the next folks just hung up on me. The phone just went dead. I asked to speak to an American agent and was sent to "John" who was obviously not from this country.

I asked for a manager and really don't think I got one. Finally man number 8 seemed to understand what was happening and told me it wasn't payment. There was a back end glitch. He sent me to caller 9 who was back end resolution and this man told me he couldn't help me and he suggested I reorder. I explain I used a coupon code and asked if I would get that back and if the computer could be overnighted. He told me no. I complained. I should be able to use the coupon as it was not my error. He began talking over me and wouldn't listen.

I said "I can't believe your company doesn't want my 800.00." He began raising his voice telling me I could just go somewhere else. I was honestly in tears. Now a few days before holiday I don't have a gift. I have NEVER been treated so horribly. I just lost my job due to outsourcing and can't believe our American companies allow this horrible customer service! I will never buy from Dell and will make sure as many people as I can don't do it either. DELL should be ashamed!

Ordered an Epson 2040 projector on December 1st, 2016. Was given an estimated delivery date of Dec 7th. As the day approached, I never got an email saying my package shipped or a tracking number. I called the 5th and 6th to be told "yes it is on the way." Finally on the 7th, it obviously not being delivered the rep said there was too much demand (out of stock) and they gave me a new shipping date of the 21st. So, here we are on the 20th. I've smartened up and bought an app on my android that records phone calls.

Today I called and asked the first rep (after disclosing I was recording) if my package was coming tomorrow. He said it absolutely was and that he would escalate the issue to make sure it would be to me tomorrow. I called back again with a new agent, and he said that the product was STILL out of stock and that there was no escalation he could do. I'm going to keep recording my calls and if this keeps up, I'm going to try and get our local news guy Gephardt in Utah on this or just let the power of social media see how terrible this service really is, and I recommend everyone start recording their calls with Dell as I've noticed the trend of false promises with their reps on ConsumerAffairs.

Dell Customer Service Company Profile