1.14/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4443 Dell Customer Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I tried to order three items from Dell.com around Black Friday 2018. The first item I tried to order was a Samsung tablet. I tried to pay using a $100 Dell gift card for most of cost, and two different, valid credit cards for the remainder of the balance. The Dell.com site was unable to verify either card. Eventually, I gave up on this purchase. The following day, I made two separate purchases from on the Dell.com website: an Samsung SSD hard drive and a JBL Bluetooth speaker. This time, I was successful using the same $100 Dell gift card, paying the remainder of the balance (<$10) using one of the credit cards I was unable to use the day before.

Shorting after I received confirmation that my orders had been processed, I checked online with my Dell.com account to get tracking information. The UPS tracking information for one of my orders was invalid (for the SSD), the other was valid (for the Bluetooth speaker). I contacted Dell twice, via their customer support regarding the SSD with the invalid tracking information. I was assured that my SSD was on track to be delivered two weeks from my order date. As the date approached, I contacted Dell customer support, telling them that the tracking information was invalid. Additionally, I contacted UPS. I never heard back from UPS, but after the delivery date passed, Dell responded that my order had been lost in transit by the shipper. Dell offered to send me the item in another eight days. I refused. Dell then offered to refund back to the Dell gift card. I am doubtful that will happen.

Additionally, the JBL Bluetooth speaker, out of the package and new, also doesn't work. So, now I need to get that item returned. That will require Dell to return a partial credit to the Dell gift card, and a small credit back to my credit card. And, the Dell gift card expires in early January 2019. The whole messy exchange makes me wonder why anyone would ever use a Dell gift card to buy parts and consumer electronics.

I have been a Dell customer for more than 20 years, as an IT professional and home/office consumer, and I have been loyal to Dell during its ups and downs (including moving their customer support offshore), but I cannot recommend them anymore, except maybe for fully assembled computers. Even then, I'd probably choose to buy a system Direct from Costco or Amazon, because at least then I can rest assured that these companies' generous return policies will shield me from having to deal with Dell sub-contractors. And yes, I am aware that Amazon and Costco are far from perfect. But at least they can get products shipped from A to B, using their outsourcing partners. Dell is just a big, black hole.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Maybe my experience will be useful to someone. Since there is no other contact with DELL besides a telephone call to a consultant, I wrote this in the DELL forum waiting for any reaction from DELL. My post has been marked as SPAM. I am a customer from Poland. For 2 years I have Precision M7510 with Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis guarantee. In addition, I have (in order of purchase): Latitude D830 (I used AUTOCAD intensively on it until the summer of this year), Studio 1749 all the time intensively used by the family, Inspiron 7510 used until today not very intensely.

I bought DELL laptops because of the quality and service. During the warranty time, only Inspiron did not break down, but repairs were instant indeed, which is a key factor for me. After the warranty period, nothing has happened. Latitude (10 years) and Precision (2 years) laptops worked 18 hours a day for the whole time, both in docking stations (important because I do not use a laptop keyboard) with an external monitor. It is obvious that I have recommended DELL laptops to all my friends, colleagues and family.

I was happy to this summer. Motherboard in Precision has broken down. A serviceman with a new motherboard came quickly. First surprise: the serviceman brought a USED motherboard from the complaint which passed the check in the DELL repair service. I did not throw the serviceman out because I use the laptop for work and I do not have time to argue with DELL. The second surprise was when the keyboard was unscrewed. It turned out that there is a shortage of keyboard screws and the technician has no spare parts. I did not unscrew them, I bought the laptop in the original configuration, which came from DELL to the store (stationary), as if someone was digging around inside the laptop, would probably screw it back on. The whole keyboard shakes slightly, but since I do not use it, I gave up.

After about 2 months, the "new used" motherboard stopped seeing one of the disks. It did not break down completely and irreversibly. After resetting the computer motherboard saw the disk again and nothing happened for 2 weeks. It was only after the 4th time I called the DELL. Because it stopped to see the disk, which was originally built-in, they kindly took into account the complaint. If it would stop seeing the drive I put in myself, the only solution would be to buy an M2 drive directly in DELL, connect it and re-claim the motherboard. I would become the owner of a disk I absolutely do not need.

This time I pointed out that I want a "new new" motherboard and not a "new used" one and I asked to bring the missing screws. A serviceman arrived with "new used" motherboard and without screws. My hands have fallen down, but I gave up because I use the laptop for work and I do not have time to argue with DELL. I thought I would buy the screws myself.

Buying screws: Last week I searched the internet, but buying screws is not easy, so I contacted by chat with DELL international support, but they did not know what the screws were in this model and they sent me back to the national service. I called the DELL Poland service, but they also do not know what are the screws for this particular laptop even after providing the Service tag code. They also cannot send a technician only to screws. The lady I talked to really wanted to help me, but it was the manager's decision. They offered me to pick up the laptop and send it to the DELL repair service. They guarantee that they will give me back my laptop in two weeks at the latest. My hands have fallen down, but I gave up because I use the laptop for work and I do not have time to argue with DELL about stupid screws.

I am astonished that DELL exchanges parts for USED. Is it for savings? Is it so often they broke down that they cannot afford new components? Supposedly this is good for the environment, but who will agree to a warranty repair of the car with the use of used spare parts? Really, DELL does not know what are the screws in a particular model? In 200 days my warranty expires and it looks like I will be left without screws and with the motherboard that is either repaired or "worked properly in the DELL repair service for some time".

I wonder what is the motto of DELL company? "The highest quality at a good price" or "We are waiting impatiently until the guarantee is over"? What makes DELL computers stand out from computers of other manufacturers? Or maybe having a computer with the DELL stamp should be just a sign of social status? Thank you for reading.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I needed help to get my computer to stop echoing. In the end it was just a box that needed to be unchecked. The amount of pressure from the technical support person to purchase $239 for a warranty plus $70 to fix the problem was enormous. After repeatedly telling him I DIDN'T want the warranty, he said that without the warranty the charge to fix the problem was $129 (so he was "saving" me $59, if I spent $239 altogether!!! OMG).

I needed system to work for video conferencing so I agreed to the $129 to help me and they had someone use Support Assistant to get onto my computer. After a long time he un-checked a box...that's all I needed! If I hadn't asked how he did it, I would have been left in the dark. They don't care to be forthcoming, they really give off a swindle-y vibe, I'm disgusted. I feel $129 to uncheck a box is theft. The fix: right click sound icon on taskbar, Recording (tab), Microphone (the one in operation), Properties, Listen, uncheck box that says "Listen to this device". Their experts can't tell you that in the first 10 minutes of the call?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I bought Dell XPS 13 9365 in Jan 2018 with basic warranty till the end of Jan 2019 and paid with all options over two thousand dollars. The laptop was used very rarely, mostly for personal information and Netflix in spare time (once or two times a month). Micro SD card port was also used 2-3 times to transfer data from phone to laptop. On Dec 2018 my SanDisk Ultra 64 GB micro SD card stuck in Dell's micro SD card port and I was not able to get it out. It was obvious that something wrong with the micro SD port and it came defective from the retailer. I knew it for a fact since I am a quite proficient user of laptops and I did nothing wrong to break the micro SD port.

When I contacted Dell customer service and spent about one hour with different departments they told me that "customer induced issue" is not covered by basic warranty. My attempt to explain that I barely used the micro SD port to be responsible for its breakage did not fly with call center somewhere far from Canada. I was guilty of using the micro SD port of my expensive laptop and nobody wanted to admit that the micro SD port in my laptop might be defective. Being very frustrated after such unfriendly customer service, I promised myself never again to buy Dell product since Dell did not honor the basic warranty. I looked up in the internet what other people do in such case and removed the micro SD card from the laptop using tweezers. It took two seconds to fix the issue! But lesson learned - never rely on Dell basic warranty and never buy again expensive equipment from Dell.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I purchased two computers six months ago and both move extremely slow. I had my internet service company check my service and all was well. I contacted Dell customer service, got transferred several times and no one knew how to do anything and it never got resolved. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE Service! I promise I will never, ever purchase anything again from Dell! EVER!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

When I called DELL about my laptop repair, I was told it takes 5 days if I need to get it done at home, of course, at a higher fee than if I had posted it to them. Initial delivery date was 4th December, now they have moved it to 24th without apologies. How does a company take a customer for granted that much? First, this same computer has had the same motherboard issue twice in 2 years, and then to deliver a service that has been paid for is an issue. Dell sucks! No one should buy their laptops anymore.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

A dead pixel and broken speaker just two months after buying the computer from Dell website. Called the customer service and was told that there must be six of these dark spots on the screen to qualify for a replacement. So return, no replacement, and they do not even replace the screen. I am supposed to look at that dark spot on the center of my screen and wait for other 5 to appear so they can replace the screen. On top of that the speaker makes such a noise, that I cannot raise the volume any higher than 10%. It is so disappointing, it is so unfair and painful to start looking for another computer just two months after buying one.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

This computer dies at 1 year. What happened to wonderful Dell? I don't usually write reviews, but my Dell computer (and related service) has been horrible. The company is just creating more plastic and batteries for the landfill. And customer service cannot fully address the problems, it can only offer to sell you a refurbished version of a product that should have worked in the first place. Don't buy Dell.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Used chat, but then sales rep asked for CC info via a "masked/coded popup" sent by the chat rep. Seemed like more of a phish attempt. If this is actually how this rep would help, there needs to be a way for customer to do so through the Dell checkout page. This chat was used directly from the Dell site. This person also attempted to call me and emailed me 5 times, which is the other reason it came off as a scam.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Ordered a tv from Dell. Shipped to me with a hole in box. Couldn’t open it right away because I went in to the hospital. When I was able to open it I discovered the LED screen cracked at the hole in the box. They charged me 750.00 for the tv and told me they won’t replace it or refund it. Too many language barriers to get proper customer service and was told by a rep, "How can we believe you that you received the tv broken." And then I found out they have horrible nationwide reviews. And they are 59 billion dollars in debt. Under investigation by the Federal Trade Commission.

I’m not going to pay for a broken tv. I informed them that I would return the tv, not pay for it and go to court if they give me a negative credit mark. Think twice about buying from them. I think they are on their way out and expediting it by giving horrible customer service. What’s sad is they used to be a good company. I guess things change. I’ll spend my money somewhere else. Thanks Dell.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

To anyone still thinking about buying from Dell... Just don't. My whole experience from start to finish has been a nightmare. It all started on November 17th when I purchased a Dell XPS 15 from Dell. When I first went to place my order there was a payment issue and I had to call Dell and the credit card company to get it worked out. Not a big deal I thought, all companies have minor issues I thought. But that was just the start of my problems. Around 5 days after my purchase I hop onto my email and I find a cryptic email from Dell telling me that there was a payment issue and that I had to contact them within 24 hours or my order would be canceled. After a 20 minute phone call I was able to get the issue resolved and moved on.

Around 4 days later I receive another email from Dell telling me a part got duplicated by their systems and that I had to place another order with free express shipping (the fastest shipping method). I call Dell up. I was able to get a duplicate order with the same delivery date or better (or so I thought). This morning I hopped onto my email just to see that my order had shipped with the economy shipping option and that I would probably be seeing my item around 5 days after the delivery date. That is over a 2 and a half week delivery period for a 1500 hundred dollar product. Absolutely disgraceful. One more complaint I have... I hate to be racist but the Dell customer support is all foreign and very hard to understand. I am all for foreign support as long as they speak English well enough to resolve issues without unnecessary problems. So to anyone thinking about buying a Dell... Just don't.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

The experience was horrible, no understanding, no resolution, no warranty (expired) no help, no discussion, inquired on password reset. Dell customer service sucks... Apparently, once the product is paid there are no further exceptions to the rule. I will not recommend purchasing a Dell product, their services is horrible.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I purchased a monitor on 11/22/18. First Dell told me my payment didn't go through so call my bank and they told me that payment was good. So call Dell again and they told me is fine. So waited for my monitor which I was excited but when I check my order online said was on hold. I call Dell again and I was trying to explain the issue. The guy didn't let me talk and said, "It takes a while to build you computer". So I was like, "What are you talking about. I got a monitor." So he was like, "Ohh sorry" and he said, "Looks like there is an issue with your order. A technical support will contact you within 24 hours." Waited 48 HOURS. Got nothing.

I called my bank and disputed the charge. Never ever again will buy from DELL. Don't get me wrong. They have good product but someone need to trained their customer service people. I work on customer service and I'm not all about customer come first. Actually your employees come first. They are the reflection of the company so treat them well and they will reflect with your customers. Thank you to the person that will take the time and understand.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Purchased a Laptop which I paid for by CC. The day after the full amount was charged for the laptop another charge which was more than the laptop price of 2K was charged. Customer support spent 4 hours not being able to find the charge, transferring between customer support in Canada, US, Dell Finance, customer support in Canada again, Dell Finance and last customer support again. They proceed to tell me no one is working in Dell that can review the charge at 1 pm Pacific time and someone will call me back in 24hrs. Needless to say no callback.

I have had to start a 45-day dispute process with my CC company who can confirm Dell made the charge. Do not recommend buying from Dell using a CC nor if you are from the West coast as they have no support during your hours of operation. If you decide to buy from them with a CC make sure you do not need it for anything else over the next 45 days as you may find yourself in a situation Dell will not be willing to make right.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My Dell laptop is still under warranty and I had issues for the past 7 months. For the past 7 months the laptop was travelling between me and Dell because Dell use very cheap and slow delivery services. During the 7 months I sent it back to Dell 6 times and Dell was not able to fix any problem. The last time I sent it back was 1 month ago. The tech support manager told me he guarantee they will fix it in 7 days. I waited for 3 weeks and called several times. Finally a guy called me and told me they got the part and will fix it and ship to me the next day. That was 10 days ago. Today I got another phone call saying they are still waiting for the part and there is no ETA.

I called Dell several times asking to file a complaint. The calls were never forwarded to a place I can file complaints. I guess that's their strategy so that no complaint will be filed. The laptop is a gift for my kid's high school graduation. He is already in college and the laptop is still sitting in Dell's depot. I don't understand why Dell think it's ok to let his customer waited for 7 months. Maybe they are waiting until the warranty expires and they don't need to fix the problem?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I bought a TV & protection Plan from Dell on 11/26/18 at 3:58 pm. While looking only I found a coupon, so the same date at 4:10 I cancelled the first order and placed another one for the same items. I chatted with a Customer Service Representative who told me about the 15% restocking Fee, I explained to him that I placed the order 15 minutes before cancelling and it was going to take 3 weeks for me them to deliver the items. I told him that it was not fair that they wanted to charge $49 dollars. He said he was going to take care of it.

After an hour I received an email, saying that cancellation was not possible and that I was responsible for the restocking fee. I called them and spoke with another CSR who said he will take care of it and that somebody was going to call me the next day. The next day nobody called me, so I called them. I spoke with another CSR that said it was nothing she could do. I spoke with the supervisor, he said he will apply $20 credit to my new order, but I was responsible for restocking fee for the previous order and that it would time weeks for my money to be back in my bank account.

Dell policies about returning items and canceling orders is a nightmare, just as their CSR. You are better off going to Wal-Mart and Best Buy who at least care about customers. Dell does not care about customers, their only priority is their money and will do anything to win. First and last time I go to them. I am going to be paying for an item that I am not going to get, nor I need. They are the worst company with the worst customer service representatives I have seen in long time.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have an issue with my wifi on my laptop I've already spent 4 hours to try resolving but no success. It takes 15 min from me dialing the Dell support # till they even start helping me! Each time of my 4 phone calls! It's a 1000 laptop purchased in Feb 2018. WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE EVER! One thing they specialize is in writing a 20 row message how sorry they are and assure that from NOW on (?) it will be resolved quickly but it never does.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I just had my brand new Dell XPS 15 go into a loop while trying to reset my laptop. I called in and asked for some help. The lady that helped me was MarieKate, and she did an amazing job. Walked me step by step for an hour, to find out how to fix it. She was amazing and I hope that the rest of the Customer Support is just like her. She tried multiple things to help get my laptop back up and running. She needs to be recognized!!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Tried to order the laptop for $119.99 and a service plan for $98.00 that covered 2 years for the price of one. My receipt detailed none of this. Price came to $307.44 for laptop. Also, a separate transaction called DMI* Dell Higher EDUC for 131.33 that I never authorized was deducted from my account at the same time of the laptop purchase. Dell refunded the $307.44, but not the $131.33. Now they won't respond to my emails regarding this. Customer service rep Shiva ** says it was a technical error, but my money has not been refunded. I recommend that you don't buy anything from Dell. My experience is that they are not honest, forthcoming or trustworthy.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I would like to start by saying that DELL needs to not outsource its customer service to India. What a frustrating experience in trying to buy a computer Nov 11, 2018. Ordering was easy. Now comes the inexcusably frustrating part - payment. The payment did not go through via PayPal, I get a nondescript email with no contact number (see below). I call on Thursday, wait to be transferred 8X and then told this person will call me. Friday no call, again transferred 12X this time and told this person will call me. No calls happened.

Monday AM, I call on the way to drop the kids off to school and I was on the phone to multiple people, transferred 9X and then they hung up on me. Then I get back home as now I am wanting to cancel this order and they cant find my DPID number that I have on my email receipt! I call again - 4th time (2nd time on Monday) and I am transferred another 16X in India, 3X to a French Canadian Call Center, 1X to the Philippines and then back to India for the 21st time and then they really PO me as they can't find the order now. I just canceled the transaction on Paypal and made VISA block DELL or any of its Indian Subsidiaries. Just to let you all know all my Employees are banned from buying DELLs or any of its computers as long as I am an owner! We need Trump to recall DELL back to the US and fix this properly and I am Canadian.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

So I ordered a Dell Inspiron gaming desktop for $799 on clearance down from $1500 (AUD), and 1 week later I check my order and it's still in the first stage of "processing" and I still haven't gotten an email confirming it's starting to be shipped and that the payment has been made through PayPal. I decide to call Dell, and they tell me that my PayPal payment was declined (and this has been happening a lot to Dell so it's their end) and that I have to pay via bank transfer. They email me the account number, BSB etc to make the payment and send me a quote to confirm the payment. I pay, and I get nothing back from them for 4 days after I send proof of payment to the two emails the quote asked me to send it to.

4 days later, I call Dell 4 times of the span of 10 hours, and each time I have to wait about ten minutes on hold to talk to a representative. They tell me that they will send me the final email confirming my order "shortly" every time, yet I wait hours on end and no email. This is currently still my situation, and it's extremely frustrating. Never, ever ordering something from Dell again. And yes, they're all Indian and can barely understand English and are completely unreliable.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My laptop was running a bit slow because I had downloaded quite a few applications. I then decided to contact them to see if anything wrong with the laptop and ran some diagnostic to be safe. First of all, their tech support is in India, so basically, those who remotely do the troubleshooting are from India. I got connected to the agent, he performed whatever to increase my laptop performance. I was like ok. Since it was done around 11 pm, I was too tired to check if the laptop was running ok after all. I then did not have a chance to use my laptop for the next few days since I was so busy with work. One evening when I was on my way home, I received a follow up call from the guy who did my troubleshooting asking if everything was ok, I then realized I should check my laptop. Oh my god, most of the thumbnails were disappear. They are on now showing in icons instead of thumbnails. Font pixel was broken up and hard to see.

I then emailed the agent informing him about the issue. He then emailed me back in an hour or so saying component failure and I have to send the laptop to the service center as my laptop is still under warranty. OMG, I did nothing to my laptop, it neither dropped or damaged in anyways. Everything was working fine before he did the troubleshooting. Now, he claimed that all of these issue due to hardware failures. What the heck is that! I was so pissed off after reading the email. I then contacted their tech again, this time, another person assisted me but claiming it was due to virus.

Oh my lord, could you believe these tech people from Dell? Are they properly trained? Is this why most of US companies now outsourced for labors and made so many us citizen unemployed? These are the talent people that you guys hiring? 2 people from Dell's side trying to fix the thumbnails and fonts for me but could not make it work. They then claiming update issues and bla bla bla, then asking me to do factory reset! Oh my gosh, really??? Really? By the time I typed these reviews, the issues still persist and I am totally frustrated with their service. I will never ever buy any products from Dell.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I shipped my Dell XPS laptop like 42 days back for screen distorted issue which had 2 years of warranty. I been keep following up every day and I didn't get my laptop back. They say they don't have parts for it. I am fed up calling them and this is one the worst experience ever I had.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I purchase a Dell 3470 desktop. The issue is not the computer but customer service. I called customer support and not a shocker I get sent to India. The issue is lack of understanding and knowledge of the items they are so called Customer support experts in. I kept on getting transferred from customer service to the Tech department several times for over an hour. Useless.

I had just a simple question that the answer seems to elude customer service. The question was, "Does it come with a Boot up disk with drivers and software just in case my computer crashes and I have to load everything again." They kept on confusing it with hard drive. I asked, "What am I supposed to do if my computer crashes and I need to load the computer again?" They told me call customer support??? You kidding right? Had enough. I boxed the computer and going right back.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

It is quite annoying that I've been calling Dell for almost 2 hours about something I already told them days ago prior to placing the order. However, all of their SO CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS don't comprehend/speak English clearly and it's just darn ANNOYING. Who wants to speak to 4 different people in one call? NONE OF THEM OBVIOUSLY UNDERSTAND YOU and still 2 hrs. later your PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED! I personally, will never ever purchase any Dell products ever again because if I have a problem there's nobody to speak to that comprehends English language and that's a turnoff to a consumer like myself. Plain & simple as that! Stop letting people in other countries that you pay less salary to handle your so called customer service or you'll lose more American customers.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I do not recommend investing in a Dell product for education and work needs. Their computers are so faulty. On their website, they say that 50% of computer issues happen after the first year, which is coincidentally when I started having problems. My warranty expired two months ago, and now I am having one particular BIG issue. They know this is going to happen, and they know you will depend on your computer. They know they will make money off of you.

I called customer service at 9 pm. As a college student, it is crucial my computer works specifically at night. Because my warranty is expired, I cannot get 24/7 customer service, which is understandable. I turned to Twitter and tweeted at them. I stated in my initial tweet that my warranty was expired and I won't get any help until the next morning. Dell responded and told me they could help me. However, once I disclosed my service tag and account, they told me that I could not get any help until morning. Dell customer service via Twitter got my hopes up that I would get help that night then proceeded to tell me the exact thing that I stated at my very first effort of contact.

Dell likes to waste your time. Dell doesn't care about their customers. Their products are so inexpensive because they know they will get money out of you when your computer starts acting faulty. They know you will pay $200 up for a simple repair that could have been avoided if the product was a better quality. They know that you will buy the extended warranties because their non-warranty service is super inconvenient. I'd say invest in a more expensive product and a high quality company. I wish my family had done that when they bought me my first computer for college.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I own a small business and my laptop had a nuisance problem with the mouse drifting on its own. I have onsite support and set up an appointment while I was TDY in Denver. The "technician" from Unisys (who Dell contracts with) missed multiple appointments without calling and always had an excuse. When he finally got there he rushed the job, lost a screw to the HD and then replaced it with too small a screw.

Two weeks later the laptop would not power on. I found the screw loose in the case and called Dell again. Then came more missed appointments by Unisys and more excuses from Dell. Even though I paid for onsite service when I bought the laptop I was forced to mail it back because they wanted to use the same 2nd rate "technicians" as before.

So Dell sent me a box to send the laptop back in. I live in a small town about 5 hours south of Denver. I filled out the paperwork and boxed up the laptop now dead for a week. The nearest FedEx is 75 mi away and Dell refused to schedule a pickup because it cost them money. FedEx refused to allow me to schedule the pick-up since it's Dell's label.

So I now have a dead laptop and no way to get it Dell unless I want to make a 150 mi round-trip just to deliver it to FedEx. Basically, Dell could care less about its customers. The 2nd rate "technicians" they contract with could care less. So I have returned 5K worth of equipment to Dell and canceled an order for 20K more for our business. I will never deal with Dell again for anything. They used to be the gold standard for hardware and service but they absolutely do not care about their customers.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I have been trying to purchase an Inspiron 14 5000. This is my 3rd time trying to buy one and the 3rd time my order has been canceled. I am tired of this. I thought PayPal was the issue, so I didn't use it this time. Guess what? It didn't work again. Second, the customer service lacks so many things. They are uninformed about the products, they pressure you into buying things you know you don't want even though you already said no. Why would they ask for your social security number and your mother's maiden name? I am buying a computer! This is my first and probably last time buying or attempting to buy from Dell. Terrible.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Warranty is worthless. I had a simple issue of storage space and the removal of superfluous storage they added on my account prior to purchase. The computer itself works great. The person on the phone talking to me was kind and understanding; however, he lacked the tools and solutions to help me. After he gave up on the issue of removal he forwarded me to a line which wanted me to pay 160 USD to fix the issue they made on my computer and did not know how to fix. Do not buy any warranty. You're better off with YouTube tutorials. I fixed the issue after the phone call in 30 minutes. The call that did not help a single bit took 70 minutes. If you have a brain and understand computers slightly you're better off without the warranty even if it is free. For those of you who are clueless about computers I would recommend it; otherwise, this is a waste of money and time for you.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Unfortunately I had to select 1 star or else it would be zero. Dealing with the repair service and customer service for almost 3 months. The employees are rude, almost impossible to understand most of this time and leave voicemails and emails telling me to pick up the phone next time they call (which ranges from 7 am to 9 pm any day of the week), at their leisure. Not that I have a job or anything important like that. My XPS crashed and I sent it in with all parts as indicated by the instructions. Unfortunately, my computer came back still broken with the wrong adapter. I was essentially told I was incorrect when I asked them to send back my property because the one I received was not the one I sent them.

Today I was called a liar by their rep. I spent over $200 in this process (not to mention the time spent talking to one rep after another) and I received a random $21 refund. All I asked for was what I originally sent them and they refuse. Dell management, I suggest you train your employees, in whatever country they are in, to be kind, helpful and assist your customers. We are the ones that essentially keep you in business. I will never buy a Dell and in the process of changing company laptops/desktops to Lenovo because of this experience. You cannot steal from hardworking individuals and call them liars. Horrible, horrible company.

Dell Customer Service Company Information