1.15/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 21, 2018

4311 Dell Customer Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

If I could rate Dell computers 0 Stars I would. I have owned at least one computer since the mid-1980s. Never in my life have I ever experienced the crappiest customer service as I have with Dell computer. You are forced to go out of the country for customer service and to speak with people that can barely communicate with the English language. This may be okay with you, but personally, I cannot stand to deal with people that you cannot understand. I wish I had never bought this Dell computer because it is the slowest computer of the four computers that I own, and one of them is 15 years old. It is my hope that somebody that has a vested interest in Dell computer will read this, correspond back to me with an email or a phone number that I can use to contact somebody with Dell computer about this issue. If it doesn't happen, I will never buy another Dell as long as I live.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Only had laptop for two months before the battery would not charge. It was returned to Dell since it was under warranty. Dell reported that the charging port was not working and wanted $120. to repair it. I might believe this if the laptop belonged to a teenager... but the laptop was used by a 70-year-old retired police officer for use to keep records for Fraternal Order of Police... it was not abused... against my better judgement, my husband also purchased a Dell PC about the same time and it has also had issues. We will never buy another Dell!

Updated on 04/20/2018: Since I rated the Dell service that I got previously, Dell contacted me and agreed to fix the computer... I am very happy that it will be repaired... But still will never buy another Dell.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Premium Dell Support prepaid for longer than the April 10, 2018 Windows 10 Update Assistant of 8GB when they sell it preloaded at 90% and the updates choke it to death. All recorded on video for sharing post to friends, facebook, twitter and the like. Error Code produced. Dell Customer Rep says on video recording LAPTOP'S NOT UPGRADEABLE so installing mini SD is still external drive not memory. Same as USB but they said internal memory meaning internally inside the frame only so don't buy SD card. Waste of money. Still choked 547 mb available.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Dell was a favored favored company for me. I purchased a Dell Inspiron for college to do work when the library was closed after work. It is actually a 2-in-1, and I purchased it for about $275. My laptop has been having problems since shortly after I had been using it. I distinctively remember asking the representative before purchasing if the computer was refurbished and I was told no. I had constantly been calling to return the laptop and received little to no help. The last email that I sent was not even justified with a response!

Some of my keys have gone out, my screen goes out in one spot and leaves small square that black in the middle of my screen, the computer moves extremely slow, some of my icons go out on the toolbar, it won't bring up any Wi-Fi options sometimes and I purchased it for my apartment, and the lock screen won't even come up sometimes. I did not get the information that I needed and I still have the laptop. I hate it! I believe that this laptop is indeed refurbished. I would give the company a ZERO if I could and I will continue to give it terribly ratings where I can. Am one terrible disappointed college student. I hate this company.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Its support that you pay for is totally worthless. I have had the same five issues that continually loop around at each time I ask them to please solve this once and for all they belligerently tell me that they are trying to help me and they do not understand why I don't appreciate paying for quote-unquote service and then three weeks later the same problem happens again. All they want to do is patch it up and move on to the next one. I really could care less what country is outsourced to do the support as long as they do it well but I have been told by these Indian male technicians that American women are very demanding. I have had to have my CD player replaced three times and twice the technician brought the wrong CD player which meant I had to go even longer without finishing my project. I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my nails than deal with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: April 10, 2018

We ordered the charger over the phone from their customer service center in India. We received the charger and it didn't work. We took the laptop to our local Computer repair guy and he told (showed) us that it was missing the black plastic sleeve over the prongs. I sent an email back to the lady who processed our order saying we need a replacement. I never heard back. So, today I got online and chatted with customer service who referred me to call Technical Support. I call them and they can't help me and try to send me back to Customer Service.

I explain that they sent me to them, so they decide to transfer me to Dell's Out of Warranty department. It didn't make sense to me, but I let them transfer me. They, of course, couldn't help me and transferred me back to customer service. I'm pretty frustrated at this time and told the customer service representative of my run around. She actually did find my order # and said we were out of the 30 day warranty. It seemed they were trying to date it from the purchase date and not the received date. I told her I would like to speak to her supervisor which she eventually transferred me to.

At this time I was so irritated with Dell and their lack of "customer support" that I handed the phone to my husband. He spoke with the supervisor and was able to get them to make an exception and send a new charger. To sum it up Dell's Customer Service is a Dog and Pony show and I will not be purchasing a Dell ever again. I will also check to see who has American Customer Service, hopefully someone still does.

Original review: April 8, 2018

When you call this company with an issue you will always be sent overseas unless you call sales then you're sent to someone who speaks perfectly good English, I made a purchase with this department for very important hard drives for a server which the hard drives have failed. I paid $40 for expedited shipping, two weeks later I still did not receive my item. I called around six times during the 2 weeks and was told by the clueless people "don't worry it's coming very soon". Then the day it was supposed to arrive I called them, they told me it's back order and they are not sure when it will come. This is the last time I order from Dell, they are clueless and untrustworthy and you think they will compensate you in any way for your headache, the manager will keep apologizing and laugh in your face.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Spent $650 on a laptop for a college student. The charging cord lasted less than 30 days. The cord pulled away from the USB plugin. They said they don't reimburse for a problem. They would need to troubleshoot it and determine what needed to be done and would send a replacement if needed. So my daughter is a jr in college. Going a week without a laptop is not an option. They need better problem solving than through the mail. Especially simple like this. So I said, "Fine, send me a cord." NOPE. Called them on it and backed out of that too. Saying it was physical damage and they don't cover that. So I said ok... It's not physical, it's spiritual - my power cord needs some love. How about this - it isn't charging so troubleshoot it. Seriously asked for $50 to cover the charger and they refused. They are willing to lose customers over simple things and will find any way to dodge their own warranty.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Customer Service so bad, it's unbelievable. All I wanted was a simple replacement for their adapter that, before failing, worked fine. But, their customer service put me in a 'we can't help you' loop, and their reps were not only unsympathetic, they were terse, and rude. Dell clearly doesn't care about after-purchase service, and I recommend avoiding this crappy company. There are better products out there. I hope they see this review, and change their total M.O., but I suspect they just don't care.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I bought the laptop November 1, 2016, on October 21, 2018 the laptop stopped working, this makes it eleven months I was using the laptop, therefore the laptop is still under warranty. In all their responses they all have one thing in common… DEFLECTION. They all want me to contact someone else; none of them is taking ownership of the problem and trying to solve it. I am reside to the fact that Dell would not fix or replace my laptop but I will do everything in my power to inform others about my troubles so they can make an informed decision about buying a Dell product.

I will say that I am encouraged by the feedback I am getting on social media. Some of the responders have high positions, what a waste of money. To quote Trump “YOU’RE FIRED”. I have sent about 200 emails at least these people responded, some of them more than once. I also made many phone calls, about 18 hours total. I know it is in their job description but at least make a decent effort to resolve my case instead of DEFLECTING it.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have purchased Dell laptop in November and from a same time I am facing problem with the laptop. Window 10 laptop is not able to connect with wifi. It automatically disconnect in 5 to 10 min. I had called customer service. Your technician visit in my place but problem was not resolved. I have uninstall and install Windows 4 or 5 time with the help of customer service. Now today when I called customer service that now I don't want this laptop because from last 5 month you are not able to fix the problem. What is the benefit of new laptop if I am not able to use that.

Then the suggestion I got from floor supervisor that you can visit service center or me will arrange the call back from escalation team and telling me sometime issue take few days. When I ask that from last five month, "Why didn't you transfer me to escalation team?" He had no answer. I asked, "How much time any issue take to fix?" He had no answer. He was not able to resolve even a single query. He had no answer of any question, So at last I had file case in consumer court and the CASE NUMBER is **. Express service code **. Now I want to replace my product because from last 5 month it's not working properly so please replace it. And the floor supervisor who was giving stupid suggestion name is Charan.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I'm in Germany serving my country as a public servant and ordered a laptop that was sent to someone in the states. I use VPN connection to the states with high encryption and I'm confident that my order was placed directly via a Dell server. They made the error but will not credit my account until I file a police report. It is hard to file a police report with the German Police for a mistake made by Dell. Also, it is suspicious that the laptop was pick-up and delivered the next day in MOUNT JULIET, TN where Dell has a distribution center. I ask myself, inside job or money making for Dell???

Original review: March 27, 2018

I had given up buying Dell computers because of their horrible customer service, but when the hard drive failed on my Dell Dimension 660, I ordered a replacement. Unfortunately, the order was wrong and I waited a couple days too long to look in the package and open the computer. They sent me a laptop hard drive for a desktop computer. I spent $118 for this and it is totally useless to me, since they will not exchange or refund or anything. I will never deal with Dell again.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I ordered a laptop with an agent and wanted 32GB of RAM. The salesperson said that I would have to purchase the 16GB module separately which I did and since I have been building computers for 20 years. I opted to do it myself fearing that would add 1 month additional time to get the laptop if they installed. Well it seems you get screwed any which way dealing with Dell. They shipped the laptop with 2 8GB modules so now I have 24GB total with 8 useless GB's and still not what I wanted. I spoke to 7 separate individuals, all speaking a different foreign tongues that made the call even that much longer so my call time now is 2 hours and I'm still on the phone!

The only 2 options are... 1) $150 credit (16GB module is $250 minus tax). 2) Return the laptop and I "might" be able to have the 2 8GB module swapped out for one 16GB but the guy with the Russian accent didn't even know if it was possible. Really!!! Needless to say that I opted for option 1 with the intent on never purchasing from Dell again. Bottom line is they suck, the end.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I purchased a computer from Dell in April of 2017. It had issues from the beginning with external monitors turning off during active use, and the display settings being randomly re-arranged or forgotten. Dell replaced the Thunderbolt Dock which was what the monitors are connected to. That did not solve the problem. I was asked to send the computer in to be fixed, which I delayed doing because that is a tremendous inconvenience to me, I work from and run a business from home with the computer they wanted me to return. I returned it, however, to be fixed because not only was the issue with the monitors still unresolved, but after the latest Dell update I was forced to install, the computer would no longer allow me to log in.

I returned the computer, and got it back 10 days or so later. It was not fixed, I still couldn't even log in. I wrote back to support and told them they had not fixed the issue, and was told to mail it to them again. I did so. Each time, they have been given specific instructions about what is wrong with it, which they should, of course, have in their files, but the consumer is asked to enter it all again anyway. The second time it was returned to me, nothing was even done. The service description was blank, the computer still had the same issue. Then I went to the Better Business Bureau, and was contacted by a rep from Dell, and was asked to return the computer a third time for service. Against my better judgement, I sent it in, again. It was returned to me, AGAIN, STILL BROKEN.

The issue was not fixed at all, I knew within 30 seconds of turning it on that they had not fixed it. I told them I will not be returning it to them a 4th time (they have not offered to have it sent back again anyway), and that I want it replaced, as I have a full warranty on the system until the year anniversary of the date of sale, which is next month. They want to send me a used, refurbished computer, asking me to trust in their technicians to have fixed whatever was wrong with THIS one, which I will not accept. I didn't buy a used computer, I bought a new one that has never worked right. I have asked for a new replacement, or a refund, neither of which are being granted. So I spent over $2,000 on a computer with a full warranty that is unusable and Dell is incapable of fixing. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Bottom line up-front. I would tell anyone who is thinking of buying a Dell computer to be very wary as their customer service system, customer service approach, and problem resolution is absolutely dismal. Though I have bought three computers from Dell in the last three years or so, I personally will NEVER buy anything from Dell ever again after this latest runaround.

I have never felt so disrespected, confused, or in shock from any other customer service system I have ever dealt with in my life. From representatives that raise their voice to you, call you back on your cellphone to berate you further, put you on hold for long periods of time with no check-in, and even purposely transfer you to have someone else deal with you, it is beyond understanding. I do not believe there is any oversight or management to Dell's customer service system. I have complained before. I have filled out the surveys emailed to me. But it is always the same poor customer service...or worse.

I will get to the current problem with my laptop, that I again have to deal with Dell customer service, but let me give you some insight as to what to expect from Dell customer (dis)service. You will always get a scripted answer. This is typical elsewhere in customer service realm, but with Dell it is to the point of basically talking to a computer. You can listen to the scripted answer and explain why this case is different, to no avail. So what do you do? Well, most people would ask to speak to a supervisor or escalation department. From hours on the phone with Dell it is my experience you will NEVER talk to a supervisor. The service rep will dissuade you, will actually tell you it will do no good, or as I have experienced numerous times, they will tell you they are going to connect you to a supervisor, but they simply place you on hold for so long that inevitably you are routed back to main menu and computerized prompts to start all over.

From my latest experience it took three attempts to talk to a supposed supervisor who told me he was going to connect me to another supervisor in the department I actually needed to talk to, to have him simply forward me to another department as if I called them directly. I asked "Did the supervisor who forwarded me to you talk to you?" Answer - No. I was just summarily sent away to be someone else's problem. So you will NEVER be able to talk to anyone who can do more than simply give you scripted answers. You will never be able to talk to someone that has an authority to make any decisions outside the script...no matter what the case is.

Why does Dell block any access to a customer service supervisor? Why is there no way to escalate an issue? Furthermore, if you need customer service from Dell, I believe you will experience holds and transfers that make no sense. That feel on purpose and possibly punitive. Today was the last straw. I went through numerous departments more than once and experienced once again the Dell customer service way. No more. My hope is that others will read this and simply then look for other online reviews and comments. Look at Consumer Reports. Look at Consumer Affairs website. Be informed what you are getting yourself into if you ever need Dell customer service.

My specific issue is a Dell Inspiron 1500 laptop computer that has had numerous issues. Most fixed through on-call tech support. However, the big issue is it has now broken down for the second serious time that requires it to be mailed in for repair. Last time was hard memory failure. This time I believe it is the hard drive as the least little bump or movement of the computer causes it to completely lock up. Call Dell and deal with scripted process once again...check. Go through all the on-call steps and remote-access steps once again with Dell... check. Remove all my files again...check. And now, because it locks up when Dell is trying to factory re-image the machine it is called a software issue, which it is not.

So my computer has to be mailed in again. Estimated time without my computer is 10 days minimum. I asked if they were going to send me a shipping box, answer no. Can I talk to supervisor as to why? You guessed it - no. They emailed me a label I have to print. I have to find a suitable box, find packing materials and pack machine, and then mail to them.

So I honestly I do not want this computer back. I feel it is a lemon. I am tired of all the problems with it. So though I know from previous interactions that it is going to be an unpleasant experience, I call to ask Dell customer service what options are there to trade this computer in, or have it replaced. As a Advantage Dell Member, is there any recourse? Customer Care says call Technical Support. Technical Support says call Trade-In Department, Trade-in Department says call back to Customer Care, who of course routes me to Technical Support again with the lie that he is connecting me to a Technical Support supervisor. Can't trade it in as it is not working. Can't replace it as it is past 30 days. Can't pay more to just get a different one. Can't repair it and have Dell keep it as trade-in...all from scripted answers.

I get it the individual does not matter, and no situation warrants any alternate decision-making away from the script. Probably no one who is buying for personal use matters. I will send this computer in for service once again. I will be without a laptop again for several weeks. But, I am not going through this again. When I get it back repaired I will sell it. I will never deal with Dell again and will be sure to tell every family member and friend not to buy a Dell either. I will tell them so, not because my computer broke, all things break. I will tell them so because I do not want them to have to ever interact with Dell customer service.

Original review: March 19, 2018

At the first of the year I purchased a Dell 7920 Tower at a cost of nearly $5,500. From the day it arrived I had problems with it, and Dell was unable to resolve them. The only option they gave me was to send all of my drives and/or the entire computer back so they could test them (which would have shut me down). After complaining multiple times, they agreed to send me a replacement computer, which had fewer problems than the original but the drives still did not work. Two months later, my problems persisted and I was labeled a troublesome person (unwelcome to contact the service rep again).

The attitude is, "This customer is a problem," rather than "This customer needs resolution, so let's see what we can do." The local sales rep took pity on me and actually came to my site (which tech support refused to do, notwithstanding the warranty) and got two of my drives working. The third one does not, and will not work, I am told, because it requires a particular type of drive (which they do not tell you when you order the computer). So that particular caddie portal is totally useless to me. If you do business with these folks, expect nothing but trouble. I will NEVER do business with them again. EVER.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I spent thousands of dollars on a Dell XPS to ensure that I received the highest quality service and product... and I am beyond disappointed. The laptop has multiple issues; USB ports do not work, burning hot (too hot to touch) charge cord, and a frequently disappearing cursor to name a few. Keep in mind that I only bought this computer less than a year ago.

When I had finally had enough because I could not do something as simple as use a mouse with my computer or upload pictures from my phone due to faulty USB ports, I called the Dell customer service. After having been on the phone with them for over an hour before anyone could even manage to get me to the correct department, taking the same information over and over and over again..I moved through at least 7 different departments, all using an automated system first, then a person who most often took my information twice. Once when beginning the call, once before transferring me promising to pass the information on to the next department, which never happened even once.

Each and every person I spoke to had very little knowledge of their own product and the most ghastly customer service skills I have ever encountered. At the end of a very long, repetitive and frustrating experience I was put on hold for an unacceptable amount of time only to encounter an automated message saying something to the effect of "We have encountered an error" and click.

My warranty will be up soon which forces me to call them back but I am dreading it so much I have considered buying another computer rather than even bothering to fix this one. One thing is certain, I will absolutely never buy from Dell again, and I will make a point of letting everyone else know about my awful experiences with them. I have had many laptops I bought at a quarter of the price that have served me better than this one, and the customer service was hands down superior to Dell.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I purchased a laptop, (January 20 ordered. January 27 shipped) internal microphone didn't work. Tried to fix it and technical support couldn't. They sent me replacement, (ordered on February 14, Shipped February 25) same problem. Called technical support and they said internal mic didn't work. Asked to return computer and get my money back - they told I couldn't since I was trying to return it more than 30 past the original order date. NOTE THAT THEY SHIPPED ME THE COMPUTER MORE THAN 30 DAYS PAST ORDER DATE. Thus, on the day they shipped it was already 5 days past the date that I could've returned the computer to them. This is the last time I will buy from DELL.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I should never have ignored the 'note to self' I had stored in my notes - NEVER buy Dell again!! based on a previous experience with Dell many years ago. Fast forward to February 2018 and in a moment of weakness I was drawn in by the Dell Precision All In One 5720. After configuring it to my requirements the total was over $6000 minus a sale to come in at a cool $5K. My order was ready ahead of the 3-week schedule and was shipped and delivered. Imagine my surprise to discover it was minus one of the hard drives that I had ordered!!! This is a pretty obvious omission and one easily checked if Dell had any Quality Control checking on orders going out the door. I contacted my sales rep immediately to report the omission and the explanation was that the folks building the machine likely thought the second 1TB drive was simply a duplication error on the order... so I was supposed to be OK with that?

Do they second guess their configuration sheets? Not follow up to ask a question if they have doubts regarding the build? Maybe don't reach back to the customer to confirm... even Microsoft prompts to check if you REALLY want to delete a file!!! It has been over a week now and I have had no solution from Dell who seems to be taking absolutely no ownership over their error. I have been left to initiate calls into the customer support line where I was tossed around between support desks and finally landed on the phone of the technician who is supposedly 'looking into it'... honestly... what is there to look into.

I ordered a drive, paid for a drive and it was not delivered. It was suggested that they just ship me the drive and I could install it myself. I keep getting promised a resolution and a phone call which never happens. So buyer BEWARE!!! Do NOT get sucked in by Dell's products because you will definitely be spat out by their customer support. In the meantime I will dust off the Note to Self and float it to the top of my Notes list.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I purchased an Inspiron 14 for my wife for Christmas. I knew it had limitations, but she only uses it for emails and basic banking. Based on Dell's advertising that there was "plenty of memory" I thought it would be OK. The only things I've added is Norton and Firefox. Now, there isn't enough memory to run Windows updates. After several attempts to contact tech support, I was told it was Microsoft's fault for making the updates too large. Their "solution" was to disable Windows updates so we wouldn't have to see those annoying pop-ups.

It appears Dell doesn't care about the security risks that this would cause. I mentioned I have a similar computer from another manufacturer, and that I was able to uninstall all of the preloaded programs that I'll never use, and that computer really does have plenty of memory. I was told Dell wouldn't allow that because it would alter the original function of the computer. It seems that with the recent security breaches, Dell would be more concerned with software updates. Years ago, Dell had some of the best customer service. After several attempts at contacting them this week, I came to realize that customer service doesn't seem to be a priority anymore.

Original review: March 10, 2018

My Dell computer is just over one year old and out of warranty (of course). I am/was counting on this computer to get me through my dissertation - but I have said that for the past 2 computers prior to this one. The computer battery began to not charge and the charger would not stay attached (probably from my frequent use). I called, and like many others, my call was outsourced to India. Yes, it was difficult at times to understand - but we did okay and the gentleman was patient and courteous.

The part I began to freak out about was during the 59.00 payment just to have it looked at. I wanted to add it to the remaining bill on my account. Then he began to ask me for personal information (because I'm older and didn't have my login info with me), he asked for SSN and mother's maiden name... my alarms were going off - but something said it would be okay. (I will let you know when I am homeless after my info is sold on the dark web.) Still, I don't have any money to steal really- but it would be a pain.

Then I became more suspicious when he said it "didn't work" and he still needed a credit card. During that time "supervisor" came on the phone to get the card info. I thought surely I was involved in a scam. The tech then gave me several numbers and told me a box would be coming. I had very serious doubts about everything that transpired, but lo and behold... a box magically arrived the next day. I quickly packaged my computer up and it was in Houston from Illinois in one day. There was a link supplied so I could see where it was at. (You know, you can find out when it is sitting in a pile of other computers waiting to be glanced at etc.) I had been told someone would call from Houston within 48 hours of receiving the unit with a dx and cost. That didn't happen, so after two days I checked the link and the unit had been looked at and they were waiting for me to pay. I reluctantly called again to see what I needed to do.

The next young man was super sweet and helpful. I was advised that I needed to pay an additional 148$ - but that was all he knew. I gave my card information to a "manager" (What is wrong with me!! - I was desperate though) and he came back on the line and told me I would receive an email... I did. He then told me I would receive a call when it was mailed back from Houston (that did not happen). I was able to follow online - which is what I would recommend. I feel like with many companies there is a disconnect in what the support techs in India are saying and what the repair team in Houston has time to do. Within 48 hours of receiving my payment - my computer arrived today with an itemized bill. They changed the battery and the charging cord.

So despite needing a good dose of courage during the process - everything went extremely well and fast as far as time is concerned. The process was an exercise in faith, but overall we were happy with the cost and the speed. Now, I will wait and see if anything else pops up with this computer before it is entirely paid off before I decide if I will purchase a Dell computer again. They definitely need to improve, but honestly - we were happy with the service.

Original review: March 8, 2018

My issue is not so much my computer but rather the support. Dell has the worst customer support I have ever experienced. You can not under any circumstance speak to an American. I am hear impaired and I have a very hard time speaking to agents who are not from the US. You can not get a phone number for the corporate offices. It seem to be a secret. I have problems with my computer. The problems were diagnosed by a local professional. The computer was returned to Dell twice for repairs and the computer was sent back without being repaired. I feel like I was ripped off by Dell. Obviously I will never buy a Dell computer ever again.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Dell Latitude model 3440. Here's a brief history of my laptop repair: I contacted Dell Out-Of-Warranty support on October 29, for replacing the keyboard on my laptop which was not functioning properly. They created Dell Purchase ID: ** and asked me to ship the laptop to Dell Depot in Houston. Everything else worked fine on the laptop, including the video and audio portions. I repeatedly asked the Dell technician to make sure my laptop was functioning properly before it was sent back to me. The keyboard was replaced and the OS was reinstalled on my laptop when I received it back on Nov 21, 2017. The laptop booted up but the webcam, the microphone, and Bluetooth connections were lost. Clearly the laptop was not functionally tested before being returned to me.

I spent many hours with Dell support who managed to get the webcam and the Bluetooth connection working but could not get the microphone to work. He said the laptop needs to come back to Dell Depot for further repairs. Once again, I wrote a note with the shipment asking the technicians to make sure all peripherals were working properly before being shipped back. The laptop was shipped back to Dell and it came back with the OS once again reinstalled. Once again, the laptop booted up but the webcam, the microphone, and Bluetooth connections were lost. Clearly the laptop was again not functionally tested before being returned to me.

After spending much time on the phone with Dell support, I was told that a Dell technician will visit and repair the laptop at my location. The technician arrived on Jan 30, 2018 and quickly replaced the webcam and the Bluetooth hardware on my laptop and tested it. Nothing works again. He got on the phone to Dell support and spend about 45 minutes working on my laptop with the help of Dell phone support. He tried to reinstall some of the drivers and was unable to do it. While the Dell technician was taking apart my laptop, he showed me several areas where the laptop was damaged or improperly repaired by the Dell Depot.

Dent obviously made from the inside of the laptop while being repaired at Dell Depot. I had never opened the laptop before. The keyboard is misaligned and improperly installed by Dell Depot. Stripped screw installed by Dell Depot while repairing the laptop. The Dell technician then told me this laptop has been damaged by Dell Depot beyond repair. He said there are numerous hardware and software issues with this laptop and he thinks the only solution is for Dell to replace this laptop.

I contacted Dell about a replacement laptop and was told my case has been escalated to a different division of Dell support. I was promised a speedy repair of all the problems with the laptop WITH THE SUPERVISION of the escalation department and once again the laptop went back to Dell for yet another attempt at repairing the damage caused by Dell Depot. On Feb 2, 2018 Mr. Ankur ** of Dell Escalation Support team ensured me that he will personally follow up to make sure the 4th repair attempt is the final one and the repaired laptop will come back to me with full functionality checkup. He also ensured me that all the physical damage done by Dell Depot would be repaired or replaced prior to shipping.

The laptop was returned to me and I received it on Feb 25, 2018. None of the physical damage was addressed. The webcam, internal microphone, and Bluetooth connections were still non-functional. I contacted Mr. Ankur ** and he offered to repair the laptop again, which I refused. It has been more than four months since late October 2017 and four separate attempts by Dell at repairing the damage that was caused at Dell Depot to my laptop. I am not willing to try any more repairs on this laptop. I would like a replacement laptop from Dell. Dell refuses to replace my laptop, which is a useless machine to me right now.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Yes they sold me the wrong graphics card. Or I should say they sold me one that will probably only work if I upgrade my PC to a 64-bit OS like Win 7 or above. The thing is, I told them from the outset which computer it was (a DELL E520 from 2006). They sent me a video card without software ie NO DRIVERS, couldn't believe that, but there I went and plugged it in. XP's hardware wizard was asking to get online to download the driver, okay. It just hangs in space for about 3 minutes, then it says that nothing was found, blah blah.

Okay so wtf, I know a little bit I'll just go to AMD's site and get the driver... Right. They only had drivers for windows 7 and above, though. The guy who recommended that particular card (the AMD Radeon R5 240) his name was Jan. He is a tech that chats with you when you need assistance and he walked me right into the sale, okay. Money in the amount of 45 bucks was taken and time went by, that was the 6th and now it's the 2nd. It's just before I get my money posted at my bank when all of a sudden my NetSpend acct is in the red for 49 dollars. It had nothing on it maybe 60 cents... And a charge was made.

I didn't get anywhere far with customer service that day but today when my video card arrived, I had to do something so I called them twice. Both times, I was hung up on. So I went back to the Dell website and logged on there, and after a minute there was the tech. Keep in mind people that these are supposed to be "professionals", because if he knew my computer's age (and I told him the date) he would have to know that ONLY XP was around back then, it was shipped with every PC and it was for years. How come then he comes up with a video card that supports only win 7 and above? And btw, that guy didn't hang around very long in the chat room. He just left.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I spent $2,000 on a new laptop December 2017 and it takes over two minutes to open an app. Dell's tech folks are from India and between not fixing the problem, not understanding English I'm done with Dell. I wish someone from Dell that grew up in the USA and lives in the US would contact me and fix the issue. Don't buy a Dell computer.

Original review: March 1, 2018

If I could give customer service less than one star I would. My computer died on February 2 and I called customer service to ask what I should do. As it was just out of warranty. They suggested I send it in. I asked if it could just be a power cord issue and was told no. I was also told it would be a 3-5 day turnaround time for repairs. Everything that could have gone wrong did. I got the "special box" to send my computer nearly a week later, "repairs" ended up being only a power cord issue, and the "repairs" were delayed several additional weeks. $140 to replace a power cord.

Only today, speaking with a supervisor, did I learn my screen had been broken. No one ever told me that when I authorized payment for "repairs," and I wonder if I was charged for it. I asked for a partial refund to no avail. All in all, hours being transferred to and from various operators, none of whom were helpful and all of whom appeared to be reading from a script. This is the last faulty Dell product I buy, and certainly the last time I deal with the company for repairs. A major disappointment.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I will NEVER buy from Dell and will tell everyone about my horrible experience! Someone stole my debit card info and purchased a $952.26 laptop. I called Dell to get info and my refund. After countless calls and being calm, they keep giving me the run around and not my money! I was told they emailed the FedEx to get the package back as it left New Jersey heading to Houston TX, which is nowhere close to my home. 5 days later I call back because I was told my refund would be back in my account. I talk to 4 different people and get 4 different answers. 1 - Refund is on hold for verification. 2 - Don't need verification of its fraud order, call this #. 3 - Package wasn't received (after a week yet it was emailed to come back from FedEx on day 2). 4 - Dispute with bank... Why with bank? Because Dell is selfish and don't want to pay the money they owe. So now they have their product and my 952$. Never will they get my business!!! Selfish company!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I tried to respond back to Dell Technical Support but the message bounced back as undeliverable. Not sure what the point is of that when I am asked if I have any concerns which I do. Please see the email which I responded to Dell Tech support which bounced back as undeliverable: "The fact is Dell's overseas support has gotten so bad, that I cannot see myself ever purchasing another Dell product. Even when my 17" 2 in 1 was in warranty, I had audio problems which were never resolved. Dell refused to provide me a replacement or even send me a box to have the machine diagnosed. The audio would fade out continually after a few seconds or a few minutes while playing on the onboard speakers. No issues with headphones or Bluetooth audio devices.

I Raised numerous concerns back then and spoke to several so called Supervisors. All they did was provide me false assurances and connect me back to the same tier 1 group I was speaking with who were incapable of doing any real troubleshooting. The extent of their abilities was to connect remotely to my machine and run diagnostics. Since my audio passed all diagnostics tests, they said they couldn't help me further. The issue was finally resolved in September (nearly 1 year after my purchase) when Dell provided a Realtek audio driver update.

I was also repeatedly transferred to paid support who asked me for a credit card before they could do any troubleshooting. After about 6 call in attempts, I finally gave up. I demanded to be transferred to a tier 2 support rep but was denied every time. The last person I spoke with 8 months ago placed me on silent hold for about 50 minutes which as far as I am concerned, is a form of call abandonment. When emailed Dell's Consumer affairs with this information, it was routed back to a Supervisor. This same rep emails me back to tell me he was speaking to tier 2 which was a lie as I was never contacted back with a resolution.

Great job Dell. Is this outsourced support worth the cost savings? It's obvious you will hire just about anyone who knows how to log into a computer and run diagnostics on as remote machine. I spent nearly $1000 on this machine in October 2016 and less than 1.5 years later, the charger on my motherboard goes bad and will not charge the battery. I was therefore forced into buying a new machine long before I anticipated I would need to or could afford at the time. It's a Lenovo. I have no doubt their service and support will be an improvement."

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Bought laptop back in April 2017, first time I called for customer cares support as one of the Dell support assistant updates made my entire system too slow. When I called, I got transferred between multiple departments as my warranty shows expired in their system even though it expires in Apr 2018. Their basic support is only for hardware not software (which Dell pushes too), as per them they say they can only do reimage nothing else. Heights to their stupidity is, when I asked them to update my warranty info with purchased receipt (after 1hr call with multiple transfer) to Apr 2018, they said, "You have to go back to the store where you purchased from..."

Dell Customer Service Company Information