Dell Laptops

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5
Based on 1,118 ratings submitted in the last year

Dell Laptops Reviews

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Sent open boxed item without inspection. No shipping damage from outside but there was a big hole between screen and top right bedazzle. Did not sent replacement, full refunded instead and I lost the black Friday deal on it in the meantime. Very unhappy with their service and did not expect such unprofessional manner from a company like DELL.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

In December 2019 I bought a new Dell XPS 8930 and a Dell 32 inch monitor. The cable Dell provided with the monitor did not match any of the inputs on the back of the Dell computer. They said I needed a different cable. My question: How can a company (Dell) send a computer and a monitor simultaneously purchased that don't work together? Their service representatives (took more than an hour) said Dell did not make a mistake. They sent me a Dell computer and Dell monitor that could not connect, but they didn't make a mistake?

My opinion, as a repeat customer, is that they very much did make a mistake and they refused to accept any responsibility. I wish I could give a lower rating for Dell and its service. Also, I bought the new computer $1000 (for just the computer) because I wanted a computer that started quickly. It does not start quickly. My computer at my office starts much more quickly. Obviously I'm quite disappointed with Dell. I have had two previous Dell computers, but I now recommend that people stay away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I purchased this laptop on Black Friday. It was defective giving the blue screen of death multiple times a day. Dell service reformatted the hard drive online, troubleshot it, and send they would need to send out a tech to replace the motherboard. I said they shouldn't need to replace the motherboard on a brand new laptop and demanded a replacement. They told me I would have a new laptop on 12/30.

12/30 came and the replacement laptop hadn't even shipped. I inquired & they responded that a new one was estimated to ship 1/16. I spent $1400 on a laptop that was broken and have been without a functioning laptop for over a month and they can't even manage to replace it timely. They need to either give me a brand new one or refund me for the broken one & the service plan I bought.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I ordered an 85” Sony TV on 12/2/2019 and to this day it has not been delivered!!! I paid over $2200 for this item and I have been given the runaround by Dell and the Delivering company, Pilot Freight! This company is a piece of work and their word is not worth a hill of beans! They do not believe in providing the customer with the best possible service at all! They are liars and I suggest that you run in the opposite direction!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I bought the Inspiron 13 5379 2-in-1 for my son's college. After a 1 year and exactly 1 month, and of course, no more warranty. The hard drive crashed. The customer service was going around with his answers, not very clear, up to the final statement that maybe I have to buy a new computer since they couldn't extend his warranty. So, do not buy Dell, unless you want to spend money twice buying a new computer a year later.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I bought a laptop during Black Friday which had some issue on day one. Dell asked to return it which I did immediately. Dell said the new laptop will arrive in 3-4 weeks as they will order parts, assemble and test. I asked them to refund my money. They said it will take 10 days to get refund. It's over 20 days so nice they received the laptop on Dec 08, still have not received my refund. Terrible company. Never order from Dell. Buy locally or Amazon. I don't know when will I get my refund.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

The first thing I want to say is they are making fool of people by selling this ** to the people. It's been only 6 days after buying this laptop I am writing this review. Whenever I start this laptop it takes 1 and half hour to get ready to open any application. Even if I click google chrome the laptop seems to get hanged forever. They said it contains Intel core 3 processor. Now after having this terrible experience I think there is no processor at all. And by mistakenly if you open up an text editor or any editor which can be used to code it will never restart again. Moreover this machine gets hot very soon after starting. Now I have too many tasks rather than go and waste my time on replacing this **. I will never buy Dell again in my whole life. Asus is far far superior than Dell, and Lenovo laptops are also good.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

The laptop I purchased was very slow. First customer support agent hung up on me. Second agent tried to help over the phone explaining that they had to try everything before I could send it in our get a replacement. Nothing they did worked. I asked again if I had to be in the phone for this. They said I could try it myself and then call back in but I couldn't send the laptop in. After 5 hours and 30 minutes on the phone I asked if I could talk to a supervisor. They hung up on me.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I've been trying to return an XPS battery. It was the wrong product for the computer. I've spent 4 hours on the phone, been transferred to dozens of people. Then they drop the call and I start over again. This is unbelievable.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I bought a brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop just a year & 1/2 ago. As soon as it went out of warranty I started having problems and the hard drive stopped working last week. Now I am stuck with a dead laptop. I bought this expecting to have a laptop that would last for years like my old Dell latitude from 2002, which I am typing this on. Unfortunately, it seems that the quality of Dell's laptops have gone completely to crap. A $400 should last for at least 5 years. I am elderly, disabled, live on a very limited income & cannot even afford a replacement laptop. It took me a year to save up for the Inspiron & I bought from Dell because in the past their laptops always seemed to last for a LONG time! I could not afford to extend my warranty either and the people at Dell have been NO HELP whatsoever.

I will never buy anything from Dell ever again. Now I am stuck using this crappy old Laptop which barely even works anymore indefinitely. Thanks to the lousy quality of new Dell laptops! There is something VERY suspect about the way that their products seem to go out as soon as the warranty ends! I am seeing this all over the internet. I lost all of my files and everything & cannot take care of almost anything online. Really screwed everything up for me. I would recommend buying anything but a Dell!

Dell Laptops Company Information