2.0/5 (66 ratings)

About Dell Laptops

Dell was founded in the early 1980s and was a pioneer in the home computer and technology industry. It has been a leader in high-tech computers, monitors, workstations, tablets, printers and laptops for decades.

Pros

• High-end features available
  • Multiple price points
  • Wide range of models

Cons

• Heavier than some other laptops
  • Budget laptops can break easily

Bottom Line

Dell is a worldwide leader in computers, monitors, systems, laptops, printers and innovative technology. It offers a wide range of stylish laptops perfect for school, home and business.

Dell Laptops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Laptops?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Laptops?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I bought this laptop because I needed 16gigs Ram and rendering speed. After a month, I contacted Dell to let them know I was having issues with the laptop. The software that I use was slow and had to continuously reboot the system to release the ram usage. However, the was that it overheats. To the point where one can't touch the keyboard. They said it was a fan. They replaced the fan. That didn't help. The laptop is always extremely hot. No matter what surface I work on. The other issue is that the specs mention should the battery should last 3-4 hours.

The battery only lasts 45-50 minutes. Which means I can't really use it when I travel. I had to do the various test and send their support the results. I have sent their support numerous email messages and no reply. I have demanded they supply me with a new laptop and take this one back. Apparently, I only had 1 month before I was allowed to return my laptop. It's now 6 and half months later and this laptop is still overheating etc. DON'T buy the DELL G5 15!!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I purchased the Inspiron I7000 17" 2 n 1 with 512gb SSD. Did not really use IT in tablet mode but when tried to use it it was a TOTAL garbage. Since I did not really need tablet mode, I turned off the feature but to NO avail. Rotating orbs (circles) started appearing screen areas as if I was using Tablet mode. It did this randomly for NO apparent reason. Of course Dell was USELESS of no help. Please note that I use this Laptop sparingly. It's heavy, battery power diminishes quickly. The touch screen interface on this laptop is total GARBAGE. I repeat DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM IF IT HAS A TOUCH SCREEN. A WASTE OF MONEY AS THIS WAS NOT A CHEAP ITEM...THEN AGAIN IT IS GARBAGE.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Because I wanted a different security system they shut my laptop off. I will never give them another dollar. Their techs loaded the laptop with so much unnecessary programs at the register that it takes 10 min to open. Bad bad bad in my opinion. I should be able to use any security company without Dell shutting it down.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Dell dispatched a subcontractor to change out a motherboard in my 6 months old laptop under warranty. However, when they did so, they locked up my hard drive making my computer not useable. I ended up paying over $650 to my local IT service provider to reinstall my hard drive from a recent back up, and lost a few days' worth of work. All Dell ended up offering me in compensation was a $150 credit. I will never buy another Dell product, and recommend you don't either!

Original review: May 25, 2021

I would never ever deal with Dell co even if the are the only supplier left in the world. Sales people are liars, technical support not responding, escalation team in tatters even top people. They are busy in social networks not in business.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I ordered a laptop on their website. The delivery time was too long so I asked to cancel. They said they will speed things up so I waited. My laptop finally did arrive but the delivery services were forbidden by Dell from delivering if the apartment number was not there (which no other company does). So I called back Dell multiple times, sent countless emails.

Something is wrong with their customer services. I think they divided things into multiple services with countless checkpoints leading to the most broken customer service I have ever dealt with. So after 1 week of daily calls, they failed to change the address with the delivery service, so the delivery service tagged the package as undeliverable and sent it back to Dell. So here I am, waiting another 15 days to have my money back and without a computer during a pandemic where teleworking is essential. A total of 3-week nightmare with the worse service ever. I don't know about the computer's quality (though I am ready issues from many) but I am done with DELL for life.

Original review: April 19, 2021

Bought a Dell Laptop which arrived dead on arrival. 25 days later no replacement. Tech Support tells me to not call instead email for updates but nobody responds to emails. Awful service from Dell and I do not recommend buying from this company.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I am looking for a new laptop and Dell Computer looked like they have the best pricing for value. Then Dell decided to get political in Texas. Companies should sell products and stay away from politics. I will not be buying a laptop from Dell, even is it costs me more.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I had an issue with my speaker on my laptop. In the speaker, the sound is cracking. It's been a month I have bought my laptop and facing this issue and they take remote access on my laptop but no resolution nothing I am very fed up with dell. Every friend says to me that don't take Dell but I don't know this is the service of Dell. plz, I recommend you don't take Dell.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I am 65 years old and Dell has proven to be my worst nightmare, as a consumer. I bought an Alienware computer for 2200.00 and it started giving me problems right from the start. I had premium tech support so I would call them. When I needed an onsite tech, they scheduled one and the guy didn't show or call. At that point I called my credit card company and they cancelled the transaction. Then they sent 2 techs out and fixed it. Before that the scammed me on the warranty and overcharged me by 26 dollars a month, then double billed me. All I can do now is sue, because if I cancel the transaction they will cancel the warranty. I wish I never bought the thing.

Dell Laptops Company Information