3.53/5
Based on 1,218 ratings submitted in the last year

1404 Dell Laptops Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 11, 2019

I purchased a Dell Laptop on Dec. 2017 at the recommendation of the sales associate at Staples. A little while ago Dell sent an update to my computer so I updated it. Now my computer won’t even turn on! I returned to Staples and the associate stated, “Oh no, not another one!” He said that numerous consumers had been coming in with Dell Computers with the same problem.

He checked my computer and stated that there was a problem with the last Dell update that killed my computer. He also stated that Dell hasn’t taken responsibility for the damage their download has caused. I contacted Dell and was told that my computer was out of warranty (my computer is only 14 months old) and that I could send it to them and for $$ they would look at it and then tell me how much more it was going to cost to fix. I’m pissed! I am a college professor and all of my college work is on this computer. They need to be made responsible for their mistake!! Please help us!!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

I bought a new computer, it had light splash on the screen, I called Dell warranty and they said I have to mail in the computer. I stated that I cannot be without my computer and that I would pay for a new screen, mail the bad one back and they could give me a refund (under warranty). They said no.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Dell Inspiron 15r. It usually takes at least 10 minutes to turn on if you turn it off, so I rarely turn it off. But in an afternoon, it will cite some error or other and turn itself off and back on a couple of times during the day. Recently, it did that twice while turning itself back on, and it took a total of 40 minutes to finally get back on. Often, when it reaches the password, it will simply state that the password is incorrect, even though nothing has been entered. Then it will sit there for at least 2 minutes before allowing you to enter the password.

I connected a Dell printer but the Dell computer failed to recognize the Dell printer and the printer driver was not in the Printer log of the DELL COMPUTER. Why wouldn’t a Dell printer be recognized by a Dell Computer??? After loading the printer driver with the disk, it regularly failed to recognize the Dell printer. Of course, the Dell printer was itself a complete disaster. It would regularly just go “Offline” and not communicate with the computer. And NOTHING would put it back online. Remarkably, if it sat overnight, it would suddenly turn itself back to Online and recognize the computer; sometimes.

The Dell printer would take at least 30 seconds to warm up, even though it had just completed a job. Printing one job and taking a fax requires another warmup period. The Dell printer often jams, pulls too many sheets through the printer, and just jams up paper like crazy. The multi-copy loader only works after you try one time, it jams, and then you load it again and voila the papers to be copies do go through!! I finally took it off and use it as a copy machine, which is fine if you want to wait 30 seconds after EVERY job before another can be loaded.

The Dell Inspiron 15r computer constantly states that the program be used is “nonresponsive”. In word processors, it just becomes nonresponsive when you scroll downward a few steps. You have to punch one space down at a time to prevent it - slow slow slow. Even though you leave programs on overnight with work, invariably the programs will have shut themselves down before you come back in the morning. And, those that are not shut down, are usually nonresponsive in the morning anyway. The number lock never works for more than one punch, then changes to typeover constantly when you do not want it. Why is that?? The computer regularly just changes the settings without warning; nothing seems to be lock in. Finally, I just gave up and bought an HP computer and hooked it up to an HP printer; no such problems.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Dell XPS 13 9380 which I've purchased on Dell.com.au on-line store has quality control issues. First of all, the packaging contained a long black human hair inside the internal box with the laptop. That was a very disgusting. Second, the screen has an enormous back-light bleeding issue. It feels like a cheap and a very low quality screen from unbranded manufacturer. Third, the overall build quality is low. The laptop has scratches on the aluminum edges which felt sharp to touch. The power button with the fingerprint scanner was not aligned well. It was a bit twisted against the palmrest of the laptop.

And the last, after few hours of work the laptop has crashed with BSOD screen. I've attempted to restart it several times. But every time after reboot the laptop became very hot and it has crashed again after couple seconds. I think it has happened due to receiving some Dell automatic software updates. I think that is not acceptable for the premium line Dell XPS flagship series products which cost over $2500AUD.

I am so frustrated with Dell products now. Considering in fact that it was my second faulty Dell XPS laptop which I've purchased within a one month on Dell on-line store. The first one was XPS 9365 2-in-1 which had build quality issues as well. So the both laptops have been returned back to Dell. Something terribly wrong is happening with Dell manufacturing and quality control over past few years. Since I still have my 7 years old Dell XPS which works perfect and looks like a new. I have been a big fan of Dell but my trust in that brand is disappearing now.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased the Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series with the i7 9th Gen Intel Core processor about an year ago. The hard drive storage capacity is 1TB. Within just a year, my hard drive was completely damaged to such an extent that I couldn't even retrieve all my work. I had to change to an 250GB hard drive for it to work at top speed and efficiently. I called the Dell services and all they had to say was it's not their fault but the lifetime of machines itself (which according to Dell is only 9 months). They failed to also provide me with a new drive and the data recovery services. Such insincere and careless attitude. Please don't get any laptops for 1 TB storage as this make is completely fraudulent. Extremely dissatisfied with the product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: April 6, 2019

This laptop was delivered to me yesterday, brand new. After opening, I installed the McAfee subscription that I paid for, downloaded the Chrome browser, closed the laptop (sleep mode), and plugged it in to charge. Almost immediately, the laptop fan began whirring super loudly. It sounded exactly the same - on day one, virtually no prior use, and in sleep mode - as my 7 year old MacBook Pro after playing The Sims 4 for 3 hours straight. This is the second laptop I've ever purchased, and my first PC/Dell. I wanted to divest from Apple & after researching available models for 2 years, figured the XPS 15 was my best bang for my buck. Little did I know that customers have been receiving steam engine fans in their brand new XPS 15s for all of 2018.

I spent the next morning after unboxing contacting Dell's tech support: They did a remote session and installed 2 updates. While the 2 updates were loading, the fan was whirring loudly again. It's ridiculous that Dell has known about the fan problem for over a year, and continues to deliver faulty systems. They should install all updates before selling the product: That's common sense.

Also, while setting up the XPS 15 (changing system preferences, setting up name/location, etc) the screen started flashing randomly. It was momentary and has not happened since, but I have only had it on for a total of maybe 2 hours (including tech support time). I am very unsatisfied with this laptop. I'll be keeping it for the next few days to make sure I don't change my mind, but at this point I plan to return it. Dell has a very small returns window (you have to contact Returns within 30 days of invoice - not 30 days from receiving the product, but 30 days of ordering) which doesn't invite confidence in their shoddy-out-of-the-box product. I tried, but Apple is proving to be the only product worth investing in... even with the heinous brand name price tag.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have been a long time Dell customer but this last experience has confirmed I will knowingly buy another Dell product. Long story short... Multiple problems with original laptop (bought in 2017). 10 + hours of calls and "let's fix this" phone calls. Watched them do the same thing and ask the same questions over and over. Sent back to depot for repair twice. Issue never resolved and they were trying to tell me "too bad, so sad" and weren't going to replace it (device not dropped or damaged in any way, plus I bought the extra coverage so even if I had it should have been covered. They were going to just give up but I got a follow up call from a manager and they agreed to replace it.

Got the "refurbished" replacement which was working. 2 weeks in the screen started flickering and going black and then come back on. While watching videos the screen would stall and go green. Called customer service X 3 and still not working properly. They claim device was new and not refurbished but I have shipping paperwork saying it was refurbished. They were suppose to send a return shipping label so I could return defective one. I had to contact them times before they sent it.

On the third call relating to the screen/video issues it started out the exact same as usual... same questions, same customer service routine and I lost it! Advised them I gave up and did not have the time or desire to continue on with this process, that I would absorb this bad purchase as I was done with this phony process. I got a couple of weak attempts at phone calls and emails. I told them to stop and that they listened too.

In my opinion the quality of Dell products has been on the decline and the customer service, although they are polite, are not able to help and are doing their best to deflect, defer and stall. I sit here with a defective device, an active warranty that I paid for and nothing but frustration and anger to show for it. So mine is a cautionary tale... Beware of this product and company. I WILL EVER BUY ANOTHER DELL PRODUCT.

Original review: April 4, 2019

This corporation supports ultra rich golfers, but they do so at the expense of their customers. The tricks they play on you such as bumper interest payments, high interest rates, high fees for customer service to process payment, high late fees and warranty renewals is overwhelming.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Problem with brand new Dell Inspiron laptop, with the audio jack (first used it after a few months) and they could not fix problem, so I returned. Told me there was liquid damage on it and I never ever honestly on my deceased mom who I loved dearly ever spilled anything on it. And they want to charge me for a repair. What kind of injustice is this. What a crappy experience this is in life. I paid over a thousand dollars for that computer and now they want to charge me to change an audio jack. Saying there is liquid damage. Not right.

The computer never had any problems beforehand, I just noticed this and it's within warranty, I really have had crap experience with Dell and will never buy another one from this company. Last few have been god awful and will only buy Apple from now on. I'm taking time to warn people to stay away from these crappy computers and crappy foreign technical support and invest in anything but Dell.

This is injustice and I can't even fathom the way I'm feeling. When someone tells you there's liquid damage on a computer that works fine, and barely use just to needs an audio jack (that I just noticed). What kind of technicians do they have there, I just am blown away by this whole experience. STAY AWAY FROM DELL. Don't put yourself in this kind of experience I am going through. These computers are garbage and way too expensive. Crappy customer service and whole lot of frustration. Take my warning as a good person, know you will experience this kind of frustration... Buy an Apple.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I called Dell because my screen was a little damaged when we got the product shipped to us. I bought a premium warranty so hoped for good service. I called Dell and it was a fine talk. However, the guy who came to change the screen kept cussing us because he was frustrated that the screen cover was not locking. He eventually got it however it was an incomplete job and there are a few screwdriver marks on my laptop body. Hated the guy and the service.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I purchased a refurbished Dell computer from their outlet on Friday, received today, Monday. Very impressive. Opened the box, took out the laptop, plugged in the cord and started it up. Immediately got a message saying it could not verify the power source and the battery would not charge. After an hour on the phone with a very hard to understand customer support person, I have now packaged up the laptop to send back so they can fix it. Will take 10-12 days to get it back. I thought refurbished meant it was checked out and ready to be used, guess not. Never again!

Original review: March 16, 2019

I purchased a new series 1500 laptop from Dell in January 2019. It worked well for two weeks and ever since then I have been in a nightmare journey with Dell Customer Service. I cannot understand a word they say and they seem to be trying to help but are not able to keep the laptop running for more than a week or two. Now they want me to send the laptop in for a new hard drive but I do not trust them at all. I feel that after they get it they will tell me I have to pay for the repairs (on a new laptop) or they won't send it back to me. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have also been doing online shopping, banking, etc on it and do not want to send it anywhere that my information could be compromised.

I do not have any confidence in Dell anymore and am very upset. I have talked to them on the phone or chat so much that I have PTSD. I don't want to answer my phone whenever it is a 1800 number. I never want to talk to anyone from India again. I am ready to call it a loss. I told them I would tell everyone I know not to buy Dell and it didn't faze them. Believe me, Dell customer service is no NO customer service. And they will not or cannot let you talk to anyone who speaks English as their first language.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My laptop had an issue ever since I purchased it. They tried troubleshooting the laptop and could not fix even one of the issues. Then they tried sending a technician and mentioned that the part will arrive 3 months later. I tried to talk to about 5 Dell teams and they kept escalating the matter to other teams. It was frustrating and the conversation went on for over 6 months without a practical resolution. Finally, they wanted me to have a refurbished laptop. If I wanted a refurbished laptop I would have bought one for half the price. DELL stole my 800 dollars and made me go through **. As I said, I definitely had the worst experience in my life.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Ordered an xps13 and they sent me and charged me for 2. I returned the spare and customer service unhelpfully told me they would not refund the money from THEIR mistake until after the product was received, resulting in delayed bill payments and overdraft bank fees (thankfully my bank will reimburse due to Dell's mistake). Customer service is trained to sound like they care but they do not, and now I am being punished for THEIR mistake. Never buying from them again if only just to avoid their unhelpfully and rehearsed polite customer service.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I will not give a rating to Dell. -3 out of 5 stars. I watched a lot of reviews on the Dell XPS 15 before I bought it. All the reviews were positive but I had problems with the Dell XPS 15 from the day I received it. Without spending time listing all the problems with the laptop let me just say that this computer has only rendered one video successfully so the ROI on this laptop is -$3489.71. Now I have to buy a new laptop to work. Thanks Dell. Pile a **.

Original review: March 8, 2019

It took over one week to obtain an appointment for in-home service after the DELL online technical support diagnosed my laptop to require mail-in repair (it was still under warranty but I could not afford to be without my device for two weeks, the latter working properly when plugged-in but did not seem to charge.) The day of the appointment, the technician did not show up nor did he call. He left a message many hours later to tell me to reschedule. When, upset, I called him back to complain, he hung up on me.

At this point I called DELL customer service to relay the incident, to tell them that I was not going to reschedule, that I did not trust their sub-contractors and that I wish to be reimbursed for a service I did not get. They responded that it was not possible to give me credit for the service. I called my credit card to stop payment. Since then, I have had to waste hours and hours over one full week, on the phone with various individuals from DELL customer service and higher up (but never from the U.S.) and through emails, wanting to discuss the same information again and again. I repeated that I did not want their service and, finally, told them today to leave me in peace.

It has been over two weeks since I first called DELL technical support with my problem. My laptop had started to charge within hours of my call but I had not wanted to cancel the in-home service call as I felt that the issue would probably reoccur. It has actually been charging since; it is obvious that DELL technical support had misdiagnosed the problem.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I placed an order with Dell on 2/15/19 for a laptop which costs a little under $200. There was a great President's Day sale. This purchase turned out to be a nightmare. The order shipped pretty quickly and was scheduled for delivery the very next day via FedEx. On February 16th I was home and FedEx knocked on the door. When I reached the door I could see the truck turning the end of my street but there was no package and no notice left. I checked the tracking number and seen that the package was marked delivered 4 hours earlier. I immediately called FedEx and asked them to investigate. After 2 business days they advised me their investigation revealed that the driver delivered the package to my front door. I continued to dispute this and was advised to contact the merchant (Dell). I did so and was advised to obtain a police report.

I went to the police station and filed a report and was given a DC number. However, the police refused to provide a physical copy of the report. I notified Dell of this and they stated they could not refund me or assist me any further without a physical copy of the report. I asked Dell to call the police district to confirm their policy and they refused. I'm so disappointed that they would send a laptop without requiring a signature at delivery. But even more disappointed at how I'm being treated after making a purchase and having my package stolen. Just know that Dell will send your package without requiring a signature or proof of delivery and then refuse to refund or credit your money if you're the victim of theft. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We have two identical XPS 13 computers. The computers themselves have worked fine. HOWEVER, the charging cables for BOTH computers went out (thankfully since they were purchased 6 months apart, they did not go out at the same time). BOTH cables were replace, now one of the replacement cords has failed. First, a charging cable should certainly last the lifetime of a computer since the computer is useless if it doesn't have power. I started my call armed with the service tag number of both computers as well as the order number and date of the replacement cords so I was prepared for any question.

That said, I spent OVER 3 hours (no exaggeration -- I watched the minutes tick away on my phone) trying to get a replacement for the cable which was STILL UNDER WARRANTY. I kept getting transferred as it was some other department's problem OR I would get sent to oblivion. The "technicians" do not really listen to the problem nor do they stray from their script. None are willing to accept the problem and solve it. INSANE for such a simple issue!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I ordered a new laptop for the business I was starting. It was a solid state hard drive which I'd determined would be better for performance and reliability for business operation purposes. The hard drive repeatedly kept crashing. I was in the middle of opening a business so I had to keep reverting back to using my 8 year old Lenovo in the meantime. I called Dell support when I had a chance, and after over an hour on the phone doing farmed-out troubleshooting with someone in another country on something that I knew would never remotely fix a clearly malfunctioning piece of hardware (but they make you go through the motions anyway), I ended up having to mail the device in for repair.

The little bit of time I got to use the device in between it crashing repeatedly demonstrated to me that its color, lighting, sound, and even feel of its manufacturing and materials is extremely sub-par, even when compared against my 8 year old dinosaur of a Lenovo. It will not fulfill my business needs. But due to the ongoing technical difficulties with Dell, while also being in the middle of trying to launch a business from scratch (not an easy thing to do and takes up a lot of one's time I may add! ), I missed the 30 day window for returning the item for a refund. To top it off, the most frustrating thing in all of this has been how obscenely difficult it is to get genuine customer service from this company... when you do get a live human their responses are canned and they pass you off to other people with ridiculous hold/wait times in between and the next person on is no more helpful, they just keep repeating their canned responses.

They did refurbish the laptop, at least so far it seems ok but I don't fully trust it yet. But now that I've been able to use the device a bit more. I'm seeing that it doesn't have the quality I need for my business. I feel that if I had bought this same device or another brand from Amazon, or Best Buy, or Micro Center etc... my customer service level and ability to return and/or exchange products due to dissatisfaction would have been addressed easily. As it is, now I'm going to have to personally try and sell, second hand, this Dell Inspiron 15 5000 just to get rid of it, and use whatever money gained from the sale to buy ANYTHING else. Lesson learned - don't buy a laptop, even if brand new, without being able to physically handle it and see its operating quality first. Or at least do NOT buy it directly from Dell!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Few days back my laptop doesn't charge so I called at Dell support system to change the adaptor as it was in warranty. The service man came to receive the laptop and said they will return it back after 3 working days. After 2 days they called me, demand for a huge money and said there is some problem in motherboard. So I said not to do anything and return it back as it was before. They again called me next day and this time they ask for less money. I said not to do anything just return my laptop as it is. And they keep fluctuating the price and my laptop very late. This is my second Dell laptop and I am highly disappointed with its support service. And also the system is not long lasting.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I bought this laptop just over two years ago. I paid for extra speed and for premium support. I've had every issue imaginable: Wouldn't charge; can't type much on it because of the lag time- very slow; can't connect to the internet. I estimate I've called about a dozen times (wish I'd documented them all). Each call takes at least 45 minutes and each rep is difficult to understand, even when I ask them to slow down and enunciate. I was even hung up on a few times. Today was another call, and despite reassurances that they "understand" my frustration, they admitted that when my premium service ends I'll have to pay for the privilege of talking to them.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The worst experience anyone can have with repairing his laptop. I sent my laptop to Dell 20 days ago and still they are saying that it will not be done until mid next month. The worst part is I paid a heavy charge for their ** service. Stay away from Dell servicing.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I purchased a new XPS15 in December. 40 days later, it would not turn on consistently and the sound disappeared. Dell would not replace the unit because it was 10 days after its very stingy deadline. I sent it in for repair at my expense and have had it back only a few days. They replaced cables but the same problems remain. Still no replacement is allowed. I guess this laptop will spend the duration in transit between here and Dell's shop. I had a much better opinion of this company but now would never buy again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Purchased a Dell laptop on March 27, 2017. They applied all the discounts and offered me a lucrative deal, which I took, given I make the total payments within 12 months. I asked them to take extra charge out of my account every month and complete the outstanding balance in 12 months. Saw on Feb 13, 2019 that they have taken 40 bucks from my account. I called customer service and they told me that I had to call them back after 6 months of purchase to give the re-approval to continue the extra payment on my account to sustain the promotional discounts. They simply added all the charges back to my account after 6 months. They said their system doesn't allow them to contact the customer, send a reminder email or they cant call customer back to notify them about this.

I feel mugged guys and cannot believe that these companies do that to customers even in the year of 2019. The laptop was defective and I sent it for repairs like 3 times and to this date, it is still defective. Now I am paying 300$ extra for overcharges on the account to finally close it and get rid of this horrible laptop provider company. I am not a negative reviewer but I recommend everyone to NEVER BUY A DELL LAPTOP EVER. You will be scammed just like the way I got.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Purchased Dell Laptop Inspiron on last week of Dec 2018. From first day I found problem with laptop battery, locked service request with Dell and solution was provided by service center that you have to use this product for 2-3 weeks problem will get solved automatically. Now after 4-5 weeks problem is still the same and now Dell agree to replace the battery not the laptop and this part is not in bin. My question is when this product is DOA then why you people ask me to hold??? I need new laptop otherwise I will sue you (Dell).

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Summary: I purchased a ~$500 Dell laptop on 6/18/18. It is 1/20/19 and my ordeal has finally concluded. I placed an order with Dell and I got months of harassment and ignored Emails. Dell tried their best to screw me out of my money, but in the end, all they have done is educate me as to why no one should do business with them. They are truly a nasty company.

On 6/18/18, I placed an online order for a regular oh-nothing-special regular-production Dell laptop. According to Dell the unit shipped out on 6/19/18. The charge hit my CCard on 6/20/18. FedEx says they delivered it on 6/20/18, but there was no sign of it. They say the package was left at my door. There was no signature required. I chased FedEx for a few days, but they offered no help with locating the package. On 6/24/18, I contacted Dell to tell them I have not received my purchase. They sound like they care. They tell me they want me to report it stolen.

I tell Dell that nothing has been stolen from me. I placed an order, I have not received my order. But they tell me it has been stolen. I ask them to prove it. How do they know it has been stolen? Is someone using it somewhere? Did they see it delivered to my door? Did they witness this theft? The answer to all the questions was, "No", but they insisted it was stolen. They wanted me to report the theft to my local police. I again tell them nothing was stolen from me. If Dell wants to report it stolen, they can contact the local police. I provided a phone number to the local police department. They badger me with Emails for a few days.

On 6/29/18, I took a trip to my local police department. I told them Dell wants me to report a stolen package. They told me it is a missing property report, not a theft. (Does this sound familiar?) I get an incident report number from them. I send the report number to Dell. On 6/30/18, Dell tells me they want a copy of the police report. I tell Dell that I do not work for Dell. If Dell wants a copy of the police report, they can contact the local police department. I again send Dell the report number and the contact details for the police department. On 7/2/18, Dell tells me they want a copy of the police report. I again tell them I am the customer and give them the same report details.

On 7/6/18, I inform Dell that I am canceling my order and request a refund. Dell has failed to fulfill my order. On 7/7/18, again Dell tells me they want copy of the police report. I again give Dell the report number and the contact details for the police. On 7/13/18, I hear from a supervisor at Dell. They want a copy of the report. This is just harassment. I dispute the charges with my CCard company. On 7/14/18, I get an Email from Dell telling me order has been shipped. I’m wondering what order? I cancelled this order a week ago. There is no order. On 7/15/18, I get an Email saying a "replacement" order has been sent and they demand that I return the "order". I'm really not sure what this is all about. It seems to me Dell has finally figured out the order has been cancelled and they want their package back. Fine with me.

On 7/17/18, there is a package from Dell at my door. Dell has again shipped it with no-signature-required. The first package never showed up, I cancel the order, so they send me another package, again with no signature required. Is Dell really that stupid, or maybe they just don't care? Checking the Dell site, Dell states that if the order is <$750, Dell decides if the shipment gets "signature required". I never requested a signature-required, or no-signature-required. It seems common sense would compel Dell to send the second shipment with signature-required. But it appears Dell does not care if they lose another machine.

On 7/20/18, I get a return label from Dell. On 7/23/18, I put the return label on the unopened package and drop it off at my local FedEx shipper. On 7/24/18, Dell tells me my "case" is closed. On 7/27/18, the returned package is delivered to and signed for by Dell. I request Dell return my funds. On 7/30/18, I request a return of my funds. There is no response. On 8/10/18, I request Dell return my funds. There is no response. On 8/21/18, I tell Dell, 2 weeks have gone by and again request they return my funds. They responded with "The case is closed. Your order has been delivered." On 8/22/18, I send Dell a timeline of this ordeal. I let them know the order was cancelled. Their package was returned to them. Again, I tell them I want my funds back. There is no response. On 8/24/18, I again request the return of my funds. There is no response.

On 9/1/18, Dell sends another demand that I return their package. I tell them the package has been return and signed for by Dell. I tell them I want my funds returned. On 9/9/18, I again tell Dell to return my funds. There is no response. It has been 3 months now, and it appears Dell just doesn't care. On 9/10/18, my CCard company files a formal dispute with Dell. On 9/15/18, I start getting Emails from Dell asking me about my order. The Emails are so nice. It almost sounds like they care. They use names like happy-happy, "how can I help you". Well that is great. Where were these happy-happy customer support people, a month ago when they were ignoring my Emails?

Over the next many months, Dell tries their best to steal my money. They claim I have the first package, so they will keep my money. When I ask them why they sent a "replacement" package if they claim I got the first one, there is no response. When I ask them why the second package was sent with no-signature-required, I get no response. When I ask them why they sent a “replacement” package when the order has already been cancelled, I get no response. In the end, Dell has caused all of this. It was Dell's decision to send the shipment with no signature required. They decided to risk the loss of the package. They sent the 2nd package even though the order has already been cancelled. In the end they didn't care about me as customer, they just wanted to stick it to the customer...deliver nothing, and keep my funds. Dell is pathetic.

On 1/20/18 my CCard company tells me they have closed the dispute. Dell will need to give back my funds. The ordeal has lasted 6 months, and Dell is responsible for all of it. I am so done with Dell. They caused all of this. They are responsible for all of this. Not only have they lost a package, they have lost my patronage, forever. I've had 4 Dell machines over the years. I'm happy to say, the last one, is and always will be the last one. Do yourself a favor, DON’T attempt to do business with Dell. They are a pathetic company that does not deserve to be in business.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Unfortunately this is my second Dell laptop. The sales person seemed nice and knows what she's doing, once I paid I discovered she was totally messed up with her information of the package I got, and paid for and the add ons. Talking to her superiors they did nothing but apologize, did not honor what I paid for. I bought 2 notebooks with warranty, McAfee and Windows, I was promised a carrying notebook pad and a $100 gift card.

The technical support was a mess. A year and half later my laptop is acting crazy, extremely slow. I spent 40 min on the call, has been transferred to 5 people each verifying my express code and my service code and going in circles whether I have a warranty valid or not or needs update or not then all updated then back to the pro service who again says, "Sorry ma'am you don't have warranty. I'll transfer you again to the basic warranty." That's when I really said no. 40 min to spare in vain and going in circles with people who seem they don't know what they are doing at all and my issue was not addressed at all is totally unacceptable in this era. Very disappointed. Extremely unprofessional. I work as Sales Manager and I know what it is to give a good customer service or not. Even if I was not, This is really the worst service I ever got. Buying Dell is a waste of your money, time and energy.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Where to start with this shambles of a company. I received my laptop last September. Being a new user to laptops I never really questioned why my charger was falling out all the time. Just put it down to one of those things, as you do. Fast forward a few months later and the laptop decided it wasn't going to charge and came up with an error stating that the charger wasn't the right power.

I checked online to see that my laptop was under warranty so I rang straight away with a bit of optimism that this could maybe be fixed. Oh boy, how wrong was I! I got put through to some lovely woman called Princess (who are they kidding here) who took all my details down and said as it was physical damage it would have to go to out of warranty. This is news to me as I never touched inside the port but ok, let's see where this takes us. So after a 2 minute wait I was put through to a pleasant enough guy who asked for pictures so he could send them to the technician. Great, things are making progress! That soon faded away when I was asked to pay £115 for the part. Erm, no. I didn't break it. So my partner took over the call as I am not good with explaining things in detail. This is where it gets interesting.

After a 10 minute back and forth of my partner saying if there was nothing else they could do then it might as well just be left, a manager was asked to review the conversation. The guy came back and said he was going to pass us back to Warranty. Another waiting situation but maybe they'd listened to our case and the fact we hadn't physically broken anything. Another guy came on the phone and patiently listened to us explaining and he seemed to think there was something he could do. He asked my partner to wait on hold (running theme here) and lo and behold, 30 seconds later it hung up. I wonder why.

After waiting 10 minutes we decided to try again as this hadn't been even remotely close to being resolved and we were feeling a bit deflated at how poor this service seemed to be. A guy answered the phone (names were lost to us at this point) and was told the situation. He looked up the notes and put us through to yet another department. Now we had to speak to another guy! Yay! After a brief introduction things were back to square one, no matter how many times we explained that we hadn't broken anything and we couldn't afford the £130 (yes, they had bumped it up from the last call! Go figure) the guy was adamant that we had somehow broken the inside of the port.

Now, my partner is a patient person on the phone compared to me and I could see his face getting more stressed as the phone call went on and I knew this wasn't going to end well. The guy on the phone was pretty much telling us that we should have known it was faulty and should have contacted them there and then. As I explained earlier I didn't realise it was even an issue until yesterday! The words statutory rights were coming out of my partner's mouth and I could hear the other guy sounding more and more panicked. 2 minutes later he went to go speak to his manager (more like workmates for a good laugh at the stupid customers) and came back and said that the manager said there was nothing they could do as we were the ones who caused the damage (again, was like this from word go it just become a problem now).

So, my partner being a bit wound up from being passed from pillar to post and essentially getting called clueless asked the guy if he just called him a liar. The guy promptly responded with, "Yes sir, I am." That was pretty much it then. My partner said he had never been so insulted and carried on in such a manner whilst the guy was sounding more and more panicked. He was asked if the phone call was recorded and as soon as the guy said yes my partner informed him that this was going to complaints team with the date and time. So that's today with Dell. No idea if they will ever respond to the email we sent them or change their attitude but I do know one thing. I will never bother buying anything from Dell again, not unless I want to be made out to be a liar.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Jan 11/19 I ordered online on a Friday afternoon and attempted to cancel the order Sat. morning. No response on the weekend after phoning and emails. I was told that it was too late to cancel and my c card had been charged. I would have to wait for it to be shipped and then returned. I refused delivery 10 days later. I received an email meant for another unhappy customer 15 days after that (yesterday) I emailed my dissatisfaction yesterday and they tell me that the laptop has not arrived. There is something seriously wrong with this explanation. 30 days and no money yet. I wish I would have read these reviews in advance. I may have to sue to get my money back.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My company ordered 3 refurbished laptops. 1 had a problem with a VGA output and a USB port. I'm trying to return the one with a defect. Be a tech/computer company you would THINK that they would have an automated way to return these defective computer rather than me sitting on hold with their 1800 number to finally get a person on the other end that I cannot understand. My company will no longer be ordering from Dell anymore.

Dell Laptops Company Information