Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.73/5

Dell was founded in the early 1980s and was a pioneer in the home computer and technology industry. It has been a leader in high-tech computers, monitors, workstations, tablets, printers and laptops for decades.

Dell Laptops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Laptops?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Laptops?

Original review: March 15, 2021

2 years ago I purchased a Dell Laptop, thinking that I bought good quality. Well, not quite true. I don't use it a lot but after a year the troubles began. I'm having issues typing the letter "i", it just doesn't take it, only after hammering 3-4 times, the same issue with the "9" key. Also, the laptop started to shut down in midst of writing or reading. I never experienced things like that on cheaper laptops, I am really disappointed. No, I do not recommend this Laptop Brand.

Original review: March 3, 2021

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Beware! I bought a laptop direct from Dell with a warranty. It has broken within its warranty with a hardware fault (broken charger socket) but Dell refuse to honour their warranty. This is not the Company it used to be.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Exactly a few weeks after the 1 year warranty was up on a laptop I purchased the computer crashes and will not turn on. The specs on the computer were the best I ever bought i7, 512 ssd, 16gb ram which are all not necessary for me as I use the computer for microsoft and research only. Never in 35 years has a computer crashed on me and then to be told I need to pay to send it to Dell and then they will quote me a price to fix it is absolutely ridiculous. 1. Stand by your products! 2. During a pandemic in which I am a small business owner barely surviving and invested in your company to be the stable computer provider that I need, you should be there for the people and companies that support Dell. Dell is striving during this pandemic, best computer sales in years and you can not provide a customer a replacement for a defective device is sad.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I have been in contact with DELL Technical Support since 12/11/20 regarding a part repair/replacement for my Inspiron laptop. The laptop was less than 1 year old and still under warranty. The camera was not working and after spending countless hours troubleshooting the issue with the DELL Tech support team remotely, they were unsuccessful and told me I must mail the computer to them for repair. I was told the repair and return of the laptop would be a total of 10 days. It has been 65 days and I am still without the computer or a replacement. I have called countless times, virtually every 3-4 days and DELL advises me that the previous Team member "dropped the ball" but that my case has been assigned to a new technician who will deal with this promptly and without delay.

THIS HAS TAKEN PLACE EVERY 3-4 DAYS YET I STILL HAVE NO COMPUTER OR REPLACEMENT. My computer is less than a year old and is under warranty. I was told that the part needed was not in stock. 30 days in to this ordeal, I was offered a replacement computer and was told I would receive this in 3-4 business days. It has now been 4 weeks of waiting and I have not received the replacement computer. I EVEN PURCHASED AN EXTENDED WARRANTY on the replacement computer and I STILL DO NOT HAVE the replacement. Due to Covid, I have 3 kids that are attending school online. We have not had a laptop for 65 days causing my kids to have to share computers and not be able to access their classrooms live.

The impact that this has had on each member in my home has been significant. At this point, this is far more than just an inconvenience. It is completely unacceptable and the absolute worst customer service experience that I have ever had. I have been told with each call that I make that my case has been escalated and that the "supervisor" will call me. I HAVE RECEIVED NO CALLS OR EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE AT ANY POINT FROM ANYONE AT DELL. Only me calling DELL repeatedly for resolve. I am writing this review so that others are better informed of the extremely poor level of customer service and deplorable technical support that is offered by DELL. Based on this nightmare experience, I would NEVER recommend DELL. Buyer beware.... Dell Customer Service and Technical Support does not stand behind their word or their warranty.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Bought a laptop from them on the 30th of December and was faulty. Phoned them and did not get a new one till now (2 months). They did not picked up the faulty one on time, was supposed to send one on the 5th of February and has been postponed twice for the 18th. Don't know if I'll get my laptop! Don't recommend to buy there!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

This company is absolutely horrendous. My Laptop is only 2.5 years old and now requiring to change the charge port that's soldered on the motherboard. I have been dealing with Dell for 4 days this week and not to mention many hours on the phone. They don't do anything, they don't help with ordering parts, everything is proprietary. I would say Dell has the worst customer service/tech support ever out of any business. I now class Dell computers at the bottom of the barrel with Apple. My old $275 Toshiba laptop lasted longer than this and even my old HP laptop which was $350 - $400 was better. This machine is junk especially when you order Dell parts from Dell themselves and you're getting messages that it's not authentic. Save yourself lots of problems and frustrations and STAY AWAY from Dell.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 1500. I had owned it for two months when it would no longer show a wifi availability and would not allow me to connect to wifi. I called service and they had me try several things - BUT - nothing worked. Service notified me that a supervisor would call me back at 2:00 PM on the following day, I waited for two hours and finally called them back. I was hung up on twice. The third time they told me they would have them call me the next day. I waited again - and waited some more. On day 3 I finally called and got a service rep who spent one hour having me do exactly the same thing as the first one had me do with the same results. I still could not use wifi. So - she called her supervisor and made me an appointment in two weeks for the tech to come.

The tech did not come. I have called service several times but never am able to get through. I have left them messages complete with service numbers - phone numbers and pleas for help. NO RESPONSE. Do not buy a computer from them. They could care less about helping you and giving you any assurance that you did not receive a lemon. RUN!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

The computer started to malfunction almost from the beginning. I contacted tech support for assistance, they determined that parts needed to be replaced. Per my warranty a tech would come to my home for the repairs. The scheduling process was a nightmare, a tech showed up on New Year's Eve unannounced and frustrated. It took him over 3 hours, he had it apart 5 times because he kept forgetting to put the parts back in it!!! He did not have protective mats for my computer or the components either!!

It wasn't until a couple of days later that I noticed the damage he did. My computer doesn't close anymore, the charging port won't take a charging cord anymore, the battery dies in 2 hours, my mic doesn't work, the top is full of scratches, he moved the computer parts directly on my counter with no protection which ruins them. Dell has taken no responsibility for this technician. My computer is 3 months old and now it's ruined! I am truly let down by Dell, I would NEVER purchase from Dell again after this fiasco!! I have a broken computer, its full of scratches too all because of their tech and they are not fixing it. Buy HP or Apple!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I bought a Dell XPS 17 on 1/6/2021 and had issues the 1st day so I called them and they fixed drivers because the sound would not work. Called 6 more times with same issues with no help. They keep doing the same thing and would tell me what I wanted to hear just to get me off the call. On the last call the guy had me reinstall windows from a usb and said he would call me back in 30 minutes to help me get it installed and he never did. I again had to call them to get help to do so. I told them the last 2 times to send me a refurbished one and they keep pushing me off on someone else saying that I would get a call back from someone that could help and surprise surprise no help yet. This is the worse customer service ever and I will be making sure myself and the company I work for will not be using Dell ever again!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Only used Dell laptops for over 20 years and only two of them. Reliable and only used customer service a few times...getting to be too expensive to buy, though. Would be my next choice whenever I need a new one.

Dell Laptops Company Information