Dell Laptops
3.44/5
Based on 1,131 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Dell Laptops

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Dell Laptops Reviews

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Never buy a Dell laptop from Dell authorized store. Better buy it from somewhere else, I had a very bad experience of buying it from Dell authorized store at a cost of Rs. 37000, but to my surprise it started giving issues within 6 months of purchase. And now once it is out of warranty, the display has gone, and Dell service center is asking me to pay Rs. 7000 if I want to send it for another new display. It is like a joke going on, they don't value your hard earned money, very casual. Nonsense people, very casual in saying that you will have to pay 7000 from your pocket.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Absolutely awful quality of the product DELL XPS 13 2 in 1 10th generation processor. Touchpad is not working properly, had engineer on site, then had a replacement send, and the same issue exists in every laptop. Price is way too high for useless product. Customer service representatives and supervisors are incompetent and unprofessional. Cannot manage anything on time. Product is returned 2 weeks ago and and only partial refund is in place, because they couldn't verify that there was 2 orders instead of one, where is not my problem. As I purchased everything in the one go, but DELL decided to break it in two orders. Impossible to get call from managers, or any higher customer service representative. Just feeding you with promises.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I will never buy a Dell computer again, after the experience that I've recently had with Dell. I would like to share my experience that I've had with Dell Computers. I purchased a Dell laptop computer back in Nov 2016. I purchased an additional 3 years of warranty on the computer at the time I made the online purchase with Dell. About a month ago, we experienced a significant power outage and surge that caused damage to the laptop. Internal power circuitry was obviously damaged on the computer as it would no longer charge the battery, and eventually the computer would not power up when the battery became completely drained. (The power adapter was okay as I had a 2nd one to check the laptop on.) I still had extended warranty with Dell that included instances for covering damage as the result of power surges.

When I called Dell to request a warranty repair on this computer, they told me the computer was no longer under warranty. Dell claims that the "Accidental Damage" coverage that I have, is not valid because I don't have any other extended warranty policy in effect. Dell has no problem selling you extended warranty, but when you need repairs done, you find out that the warranty that they sold you is basically useless. I've been trying to resolve this warranty issue with Dell for over a month, and basically all they say is "Too Bad, So Sad!" Dell’s reliability for this laptop is 0 stars out of 5. I’ve replaced the system board twice on this laptop in the last two years. All I can say is, Don't Buy Dell!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Solid State Hard Drive crashed, less than 6 months old. Fortunate to have premier service which is somewhat helpful, however it is unacceptable for a solid state drive to fail so quickly. Should have stuck with a Mac. Will likely be the last experience with Dell.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I was promised a $100.00 refund after I had placed an order and found a better deal on a different computer on their website. Now their reneging saying that I had to call them after receipt of the ordered computer to receive the refund. At no time was that communicated to me. Unfortunately Dell outsources their so called Customer Service/Care to a country where English is a foreign language and you have to deal with individuals who do not speak or comprehend English well. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone to be told that I would not get the refund as promised. Dell is supposedly a US company that you cannot contact within the US to get customer support. Disgusted and will never buy from Dell again! I have contacted the BBB.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Dell Customer Support has to be hands down the worst technical support I have ever received. I owned a MacBook for 6 years with zero issues. After some consideration I decided to purchase the new and well reviewed XPS. Fast forward a few months and the software that retains a WIFI connection failed. Fine, things happen. I send the computer in to be repaired and it comes back: 1. Damaged, as in the outer casing is dented in multiple places. 2. Windows Defender is UNINSTALLED. The software that protects the computer IS NO LONGER THERE.

Mind you while the computer was in for repair there was an attempt to log into my Facebook from THE SAME CITY AS THE REPAIR FACILITY. Like anyone would, I call them and here's where it gets even better. Anytime I was transferred the calls were dropped with no return call. It took me over an hour, 9 transfers and 12 different people to reach the one guy who managed to help me. Rob if you ever read this, thank you. Oh yea and I forgot to mention it took me 5 hours of phone calls and weeks of back and forth with technical support before they approved the computer to be returned the first time. EVEN WHEN THE ERROR CODE SAID HARDWARE ERROR. Hardware... not software... I'm no computer wiz, but I know hardware cannot be fixed over the phone.

So I'm now 10+ hours into this computer between service calls, uninstalling/installing programs, and backing the entire thing to a cloud drive to prevent data loss. Aside from that, good luck understanding anyone you get connected with. The accents are so heavy it hardly sounds like English. I cannot think of another company I would make a conscious effort to never buy from again. Congratulations Dell, another customer lost to Apple.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

My Inspiron 15 had a catastrophic system failure 3 days after the 1-year warranty expired. No damage, no drops, no spills. Also no service. I called and spoke to a Dell employee. He recognized that nothing happened to the laptop, but Dell was not willing to admit that the fault was their equipment. Dell informed me that they "cannot guarantee that any electronic will work after just one week." We argued back and forth for a while. He became more and more agitated and insisted that Dell would not cover anything out of warranty. I informed Dell that I have another laptop, this one an Acer Nitro, whose screen died after a year, and that Acer repaired it free of cost, even though it had no warranty. Dell responded that each manufacturer handles things differently.

I brought the conversation back to his statement that Dell will not guarantee a product for even a week, and asked how Dell was willing to stand behind any product when they die so spontaneously. Dell fell back on their final line of defense, their parry for all circumstances: The product is not under recall, so the issue is not with the device. They said over and again that because there was no recall, then the device could not be at fault. They treated all devices as being exactly identical and said that one device Could Not have any failure without all of the devices having that failure. It is circular reasoning, and extremely annoying to argue against.

I eventually spoke to a supervisor who started annoyed, became angry, and eventually was just downright unfriendly. The supervisor told me that he had a $1000.00 Dell that died after 6 months, and that he understood that electronics do that... That is absurd. Dell's argument against repairing their products is based on the premise that they will die, and that it is the consumer's fault. Remember, they insist that they cannot be at fault. It seems to be their mantra: Dell is not at fault. Dell is not at fault. Well, if a Dell product dies after a year and 3 days, and nothing happened to it, then Dell is at fault.

I am extremely unsatisfied with Dell; their product, their representatives, and their service. They were angry, unwilling to stand by their product, and constantly interrupted during the call. In the end, after the supervisor was roughly 90 seconds into another animated rant, the landline died because I had been talking with them for so long. I do not foresee ever recommending or purchasing a Dell.

The Take-Aways:

1) Dell products will die.
      2) Dell will sell you a warranty for when they die.
      3) Dell will not stand behind their product.

4) Dell will get angry with you for expecting them to.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I ordered a new Dell XPS13 9380 at the end of August. It came in early September after Labor Day. After the initial setup, I did not use it until I left on a trip in late September. I discovered that the primary power port was dead. Fortunately, there are two others, which seem to be working. Dell denies the problem. I have also discovered that the OS is missing the Power Management tab, so I cannot adjust mouse actions. Dell says that the motherboard must be bad. I suggested with a brand new computer that they should replace the computer, not just the motherboard. I notified them within the first 30 days of the problem, but Dell starts their 30 day period when they ship the computer, not when you receive it.

I called Dell and they waltzed me around over and over, and eventually they decided that in their opinion, it was now over 30 days and they would not replace it. I emailed Dell to escalate this issue. The email is automatically forwarded to the same person who refuses to cooperate and ignores the fact that I notified them within 30 days of when I received the computer. Their final manufacturing inspection seems to be when the customer starts using the computer, so they ship defective products and deny knowledge. I went to the "Dell Community" on the Dell website and found numerous other customers with the same complaint (dead power port on a brand new computer).

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I bought a Dell computer and then shortly after bought a Seagate ext hard drive from them because I thought I would be dealing with Dell. When it failed within 30 days I called Dell and they said it was not their product. I had to deal w/ Seagate. I returned the drive to Seagate where they recovered the info and sent me a second drive. The second drive died the second time I opened it; said it was corrupt. Seagate said they would recover it again and send me a third drive. I said I wanted a refund; the product was obviously not reliable as a back up. They asked for my order and card details and when I said I bought it from Dell they said I had to deal with Dell. Dell now says that it is out of 30 day warranty (even though I called them in 30 days at the start) and I will not be getting a refund. Do not buy non Dell products from Dell!!!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Updated on 10/22/2019: The Technician who is allotted for laptop work is not in touch and he is not calling in time. Today is fifteenth day my laptop is coming ON and my work is pending. I am a brand manager and this laptop service I waited really pathetic. No one to care. I SPOKE TO team leader and Dell representative on customer care but in vain.

Original review: My laptop was having problem that the screen was not coming ON. So many times I called customer care and they were telling same procedure to try. I fed up from customer care. Next after one week they allot one technician and he assessed that motherboard to be changed. After motherboard again after one day it gone in same mode. Again I tried with this idiot customer care but after 4 days they allotted technicians.

Dell Laptops Company Information