3.52/5
Based on 1,161 ratings submitted in the last year

1432 Dell Laptops Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I ordered a Dell laptop and some accessories. The accessories were delivered by FedEx after about a week. After about two weeks I was notified my laptop was shipping, but I would need to be home from 8am-8pm to sign for it. I stayed home all day Friday. I got a notification from FedEx no one was home at 4:50 pm when they tried to deliver. Not only was I home and sitting 10 feet from the front door, we have an American Bulldog that goes ballistic when delivery people approach our home.

I called FEDEX. Dell sets it up so the consumer has no options to manage delivery. So I had to stay home from 8-8 on Saturday. All Day and early evening Saturday. I even called FEDEX and they told me to wait. Still, no delivery. I had to stay home from 8-8 on Monday, no delivery, no door tag, no nothing. We get packages delivered almost daily with no issues from Amazon, etc. We even had an Amazon package delivered the Sunday while Dell and FEDEX couldn't execute. Maybe they should both take a lesson. I am a CEO of a tech company. We will not be buying Dell at home or office. Dell's delivery experience is excruciatingly painful.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Here is the exact quote from a Dell email: "I see that there was a SKU issue and unfortunately we would have to cancel and rebook the order. I have however, created the same config at a same promotion too and have attached the quote as well." So I ask what the heck and I get this response: "I am sorry but the order would not ship out as there was a SKU error. Even If we do not cancel the order and it remains on hold for long, it would be automatically cancelled."

I ordered the computer online and it was a high end Precision laptop. The problem is that I don't hear of any problems until the item should be shipping. Order time are taking 3 weeks, and there is a problem with a SKU on their end and Dell won't expedite the order. To make things worse the small business sales team I'm dealing with is in India. Taking to them sounds like we are on 2 cans and a string, seriously. Don't know if I will have to pay a restocking fee or even get a refund, trying to get things resolved not what a nightmare!

Original review: July 28, 2019

For years, I thought that Dell had a great reputation for quality, value, and customer service. However, based on my recent experience, the customer service is completely lacking, and forget about value, as I ended up paying double what I should have. I placed an online order for a Dell laptop. (Just 1). After submitting my payment information, I received a call a few hours later from someone claiming they were from Dell and that they needed some additional information in order to process the payment. My first thought was that it was a scam call, but through some due diligence, I was able to verify it was a legitimate call.

While I never understood the initial problem, the eventual solution was that I sat on the phone for 45 minutes, while the caller transferred me to a salesperson who first tried to upsell me, and then eventually claimed that he would cancel the first order and submit a new order for the same laptop and at the same price. A couple of weeks later (Yes, it seemed like it took forever...), I finally received the laptop in the mail, and lo-and-behold, they sent 2! I checked my bank statement, and of course they double charged me. Now I'm stuck with a second laptop I never wanted, and was tricked into purchasing. I have contacted them multiple times about returning it, and they refuse to provide the return shipping label. Really a ridiculous situation all around. I hope that not everyone has such a horrible experience with them, but I can tell you that personally I will not be coming back to Dell in the future.

Original review: July 22, 2019

This techs dont know what the hell they are doing and you can spend minimum of 2 hours trying to fix something only to end up with a worst problem the technicians create. This technicians are a joke and not worth the time, easier for you to use google and fix it yourself which is the same this technicians are doing anyways.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I bought Dell laptop $700. Only work about 2 years. Inspiron 15 5000 series. Dell laptop is really bad, so so slow. Now completely broken. I bought brand new from Dell. Never buy from Dell again. I just want to share my experience with other. It is ripoff $700. Work only 2 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have had several computer laptops over the years, but the 2018 Dell Inspiron laptop is the worse. It came with USB ports that do not function at all. When I contacted tech support, they worked with my Dell laptop for hours, no success. I was told that I would have to mail it back to Dell for service. I would not receive any type of device to use while it is being repaired. And this is a brand new computer. So disappointed. Won't even consider purchasing another Dell in the future.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I've purchased several $1000 computer monitors from Dell. I am having an issue with one after only a couple months. I've contacted Dell customer support over 5 times now... Even talked to multiple supervisors, chat support, phone support, sent pictures of the monitor & all service/serial numbers, and every time SUPERVISORS tell me that "we have everything we need and the replacement (UNDER WARRANTY) will be sent out in the next few business days with a confirmation email." ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has been sent and not a single email back from their supervisors.

I've even emailed the supervisor directly who promised the replacement was on its way and asked what the problem was. It's been another week now with NO response. This is UNACCEPTABLE. If I purchase $1000 accessories regularly, I'm not the kind of customer they should treat like this. The monitor was purchased NEW from AMAZON - only a few months ago - from an authorized Dell dealer. Fortunately my Wife is a lawyer and is going to have a go at Dell now. What an embarrassment to Dell's "professional" name. I will NEVER do business with Dell and highly recommend that others do not also. Too risky for large purchases.

Original review: July 9, 2019

A year ago I bought a $2,500.00 Alienware laptop, thinking it was one of the best options. Within 6 months or less the laptop started freezing randomly and would have to be rebooted. The laptop has been sent in for repairs and looked at by 10 people at least over the phone. The reps have tried everything and anything and to this day it still freezes. The laptop came with a 1 year warranty, but a supervisor I talked to told me even after the warranty is up the laptop's issue will be covered since it happened during the warranty period.

So now it's July, a month after my warranty is up and I'm STILL experiencing the freezing issue. I have now emailed Dell support 3 times and called 3 times, talked to 3 representatives and a supervisor, told them my situation and they won't help me. I understand all the protocols and rules Dell has to go by, but this laptop was $2,500.00, it is supposed to be one of the best, and this issue didn't happen years later, it happened months in. I really don't think I'm being unreasonable to expect some sort of solution.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I'm constantly losing my internet connection and for the longest time I thought it was due to my cable modem which is not the case. It is due to flaws in this laptop having come across a YouTube video by an individual who knows a lot more about computers than I do. This is the last time I ever buy from Dell. I'll just have to spend more money on an Apple next time around. I had to return my laptop twice for repairs and got tech help multiple other times. No matter how good of a price they are offering never buy a Dell. It's for your own good.

Original review: July 5, 2019

USB-C to USB-A adapters only last about 4-6 weeks and then FAIL. I have had to purchase 6 of these. DELL Support is NOT HELPFUL. They pass you around from one " Department " to another. Cheap parts and Terrible Support. DON'T BUY DELL. Warning you too will be frustrated and sorry having to continually purchase the same fragile parts over and over again.

Dell Laptops Company Information