3.38/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Dell Laptops

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

1069 Dell Laptops Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

How I wish I could give it minus ratings... After spending huge bucks and chucking my pocket out, I became a depressed owner of a Dell laptop as within 3 months of purchase, the laptop starting gasping for life. Above that there is no provision of replacement in the purchase policy... As not everybody gets a chance to learn from own mistakes, BUY AT YOUR RISK!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Aug 2016. Ordered my grandson a laptop for college. It came with a TV. Had them deliver it to my office. TV arrived. They cancelled the laptop order. When I called I was informed that it was because my mailing and billing address were different. I had previously called about this. They wanted me to mail the TV back and then reorder and they would pay for shipping. I said, "Well since you mailed the tv why can't you mail the laptop." They said no. I kept (and paid) for the TV, got him a laptop at The Microsoft Store.

10/10/17. Ordered a laptop from Dell. 10/11/17 received email to confirm order. Called Dell. Person said to just respond to the email, so I did. 10/12/17. Received email. They cancelled my order. 10/12/17. Called Dell. Spoke with 4 customer service staff. Finally just reordered the laptop. 10/13/17. Received email. They cancelled my order. I give up. Ordered one from Amazon. At least it arrived. NEVER AGAIN!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

The laptop I bought through WalMart for $549.75: Dell Inspiron 17 5000 17.3" Laptop, Windows 10 Home, AMD Quad-Core A8-7410 APU Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive. This laptop constantly shuts down EVERYDAY and it shuts down a few times a day. When I first bought it it was ok. But days later the shutting down randomly started and months later it still does it constantly. This is the worst laptop I've ever purchased and after this one I will NEVER purchase a Dell ever again in my life. There's sooo many things wrong with this laptop. I wasted my money buying this garbage.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Dell Inspiron 15 - Barely over 1 year after buying this computer the charging jack (inside the case) became intermittent. Dell says cost to replace jack is $125. The jack is really buried inside the case requiring keyboard removal, etc., etc. Bad design. That jack is way too flimsy to make it so inaccessible. The computer itself has been O.K., but I'm nursing the charger by putting a weight on the plug in order to allow the computer to charge. The computer cost was only about twice the cost of the jack repair as I recall, so I'm not too crazy about sending it in. At some point I guess I'll buy a replacement jack online for a few bucks, go on YouTube, tear the computer apart and replace it myself. Disgusted.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

After researching home/office laptops I purchased the Dell I5567752GRY, June/2017. In August/2017 the battery stopped charging, after completing the diagnostics I was comfortable doing myself the battery still wasn't charging. I took it back to Staples where I ordered it (they were out of this particular laptop) and the tech there said it was a Dell issue and to call them. So after 2 hours online with Dell the tech confirmed the battery wasn't charging and I have to send it back to their repair center - in Houston! He mentioned it may take longer than usual due to the current circumstances in Houston. I asked if there wasn't someplace in AZ we could have the battery replaced but he assured me that was my only option. Frustrated, that Dell doesn't have another avenue to replace a laptop battery and that a battery didn't even last 2 months.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Battery only lasts 9 months - Dell's solution after an hour of trouble shooting. Send laptop back for three weeks, no loaner, I would have to take all my files off and as a Real Estate Professional that is not acceptable. Then I would have to buy another computer or do without. Then load files back on a refurbished laptop. I asked for a supervisor, and Pinky hung up on me. Done with Dell.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I am done with Dell. On Aug 23rd I ordered a laptop. They charged my husband's debit card. On Aug. 28 I got an email saying my order had been canceled. I called them, to find out why. It was because I used my husband's debit card not mine and the billing and shipping names were different. On Aug 28 order reinstated. Dell then charged my debit card. It took me a week to get the extra charge money reimbursed. My laptop was supposed to arrive tomorrow. I realized today that I did not receive tracking information.

I called today to, get the tracking info. There wasn't any. It has not been processed. The processor in the laptop I ordered was no longer in stock. I spent 3 hours on the phone with them after I got off work. They were going to upgrade the processor at no additional charge. Then he tells me "Well we have to take 60.00 more dollars out of your account but it will be reimbursed after it ships." I said ok because at this point I have no idea what else to do. He then tells me it's a different drive. I ordered a solid state drive. The laptop he was sending me has one terabyte hard drive. I even agreed to that.

After I got off the phone and got the confirmation email. It was all wrong. I ordered a 2 in 1 laptop touch screen. He was sending me a regular laptop not touch screen. I tried to call back. They were closed. I sent a cancellation email request. I guess I will be back on the phone with them tomorrow. At this point I want my money back and never have anything else to do with Dell.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I've had this Inspiron 5000 series laptop for less than a week and the touchpad is screwed up. It jumps all over the place and then freezes up and won't allow me to scroll. It doesn't work at all. Dell has said they will send a replacement, but after reading the review and seeing how many are having this same problem, I've decided to buy a mouse. That solved my problem. Yes... I'm keeping a defective computer but I just don't have the energy to get a replacement... Then take it to Best Buy Geek Squad to have them load everything again... Then send the old crappy Inspiron back to Dell. Ugh... I just cannot deal with it. I will NEVER buy another Dell again. I'm going to save up my $$ to buy a Mac.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We purchased a brand new Dell - Inspiron 2-in-1 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive - Gray laptop from Best Buy in April. After 1 month of using the device, the screen started having 'bubbles' floating through it, and the laptop freezes. We called Dell multiple times to report the issue, and after 3 months of this we were instructed to send the device to Dell. On August 3rd, Dell logged the receipt of the unit, and since then, per Dell, they have had 3 parts shipments, none of which either worked, corrected the issue, or were the correct part. As we in good faith bought a product from what we thought was a reputable brand, we still do not have the unit.

Today, being totally fed up and frustrated, I contacted Dell again via the phone number on the 'Repair Status' form, and over the next 45 minutes and being sent to 9, yes 9, different people, working in areas from India to the Philippines, I got stonewalled at every turn. What made it worse, and I know this is not fair, but true, to understand the name of the person I was speaking to beginning with the 2nd person, and using this document 4 more times, I had to print the FAA phonetic spelling list so I could log their name. At least have people that can speak the dialect clearly. I still have no resolution. I do not want a refurbished laptop as they suggested. I bought a new one, I want a new one returned, not someone else's problem like mine. I reported issues starting at around 45 days (now I see why they make you call in and report, so they can say you are past the 30 day new exchange policy).

They could also refund my money so I can buy another brand, as I will never buy Dell again. I'm certain they do not care about my issues, as they can just find someone else to take my place. The last rep took my cell contact info and stated there would be a callback within 48 hours. I do not believe anyone will call, and I will end up some day getting my unit back. Regardless of the outcome, I am not pleased at all with Dell, their policies, or their customer service, be it phone or hardware/tech support (or lack thereof). A copy of this complaint to Dell corporate is also planned, as are other sites unless I get some satisfaction from Dell.

Resolution response: Sept. 29, 2017

I wanted a Dell product! They literally failed at EVERY opportunity to deliver. Ordered the most ungraded model of Inspiration for 1K++ and received item with touchpad that did not work. Called in to report and request exchange the SAME night. Found out after original order, you have 30 days; took about 15 days for item to arrive, was told it could take up to 7 or so for replacement. On day number 7 at about 11pm, I get an email with NO explanation, just a statement that my order was canceled. It was a holiday weekend, so 3 more days passed before I could get ahold of someone. I had to contact THEM; no one ever attempted to reach out to me with an update. Turns out, they didn't have an item in stock to send me, so unless I wanted the 30 day return window to close, I HAD to cancel (I did request additional days to make sure the new product I got actually WORKED considering the prior one was broken when received...). Since I was planning to exchange, I did dispose of the box. I was SOOO committed to the idea of owning this product. When I was told I basically had no option but to return, I explained I needed a box. The rep said one would be sent. I had also ordered a pen, so I received the label for that immediately. About a week later I checked back asking for an update on the box... Turns out they CAN'T provide a box to return items in and they essentially MADE FUN OF ME for asking! IT WAS THEIR MISINFOROMATION in the first place, further supported by the fact they did not send the return label until AFTER my follow up. I went on to express concern for the safety of the laptop, since it was only the touchpad that had issue, I did not want to return improperly packaged (nor did I want to spend a bunch on packing supplies). The rep told me not to worry and essentially to just throw it in a box (which I did NOT do; but hey, good to know their attitude about protecting products. I BET that this laptop will be resold). So over a month and a half went by with no refund STILL. I brought all of this info, along with records of conversations to my bank because Dell REPEATEDLY gave misleading or outright incorrect information while holding my money. My bank sided with me and has taken the money away ad refunded me. Meanwhile, Dell was sending msgs requesting I returned the items when they had been returned (and I had informed them of this!)! Eventually, I resent them the tracking info they sent to me along with the confirmation from the shipping company. How did they not have this on file to lookup themselves?!? Here's the best part thought: I still wanted a Dell!!! I called to speak to a rep, requesting a manager. My reason was because I wanted to "talk about my customer experience and a future purchase." The rep continued to question me and ask for specifics, so I eluded to the negative experience I had and asked to please speak to a manager again. He eventually responded, "Okay, so you just want to complain. I'll transfer you." I EVEN KEPT WAITING! I just wanted to explain my experience and I was going to request if some sort of discount could be offered like 10% or $20 or ANYTHING considering the MANY hours of my time wasted... OR AT LEAST FOR SOMEONE TO ASSURE ME MY EXPEREINCE WAS AN EXCEPTION AND NEXT TIME SHOULD GO BETTER?? Over 15 minutes later, the line was disconnected. Pretty sure I just got Punk'd. Still no refund; bank still in dispute going on over 2 months later. ...Just wasted more time providing the most concise account of my experience for YOU. PLEASE BEWARE! HP and Apple have better reviews and customer service. Anything but Dell; the specs are worth the risk.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Bought the nicest Inspiration 7000 end of August 2017. The touchpad doesn't work— lags, freezes, skips around... Literally just finished setting it up. Can't believe this is what I get after a week of waiting and 1000K+. What a joke. And customer service was rude and unhelpful. I offered to keep it if they sent me a wireless mouse because I urgently need one for work and they practically laughed... Probably because they thought it was stupid of me? Will be returning and no longer using Dell products.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Inspiron 11 3000 Series 2 in 1- I have only used this laptop a couple of times. It is not returnable after 30 days. Upon startup, the wheel just keeps spinning, and spinning, and spinning. It barely charges. It is completely unusable. Don't even think of buying a Dell.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

If I could I would give it no stars. I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 and after a week or two it would stop recognizing the power cord and stop charging. I would buy another one and it would happen again and again and again, etc... After buying many cords that didn't fit the laptop I found out the cord that it took was for a Dell Inspiron 14 not a 15 but my laptop says it is a Dell Inspiron 15!?! What the hell???? I am having to buy a new cord every week or two because it won't recognize the cord. This laptop is useless.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Since the beginning of my purchase of a Inspiron 3000 Series laptop in March of 2017, I've had nothing but problems with this company and what is supposed to be a new laptop. Since then I've had two motherboard replacements, allowed technician in my home and mailed out my laptop for a week while still paying for a machine that I cannot use. I have demanded repeatedly for refund or replacement and which these people will not acknowledge.

I am disheartened that a company like Dell that professes to be professional and honest with their products have railroaded me; refusing to honor their products with the replacement or refund. I am totally outdone that I purchased a new computer and now they're telling me that I have to pay over $600 for a piece of plastic and metal that doesn't hold a charge. Technicians now harassing me requesting to replace the Motherboard for the third time and addressing me as it's my fault behind their faulty products.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I bought Dell laptop in Dec 2015 and just found out the hard drive is broken. Dell is telling me there is no guarantee on the drive. It could go bad anytime. I spent 500 for the laptop and I used 50 times at most. It is not a good quality laptop from A to Z. Never again after 20 years of Dell loyal customer. I am going to find something else.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I originally had an HP laptop that I sent to service under warranty. Well I guess Asurion fixes basically all electronics under warranty and when they send back my "fixed" HP instead of screwing it back together I opened the laptop and the whole front of screen the glass and bezel all fell out. They taped it with scotch tape! I was infuriated. They said they would replace it with a comparable item. It was a crappy Dell. I knew I was going to have a ton of problems with it. It didn't even have an optical drive which right there alone proved it was nowhere beat comparable to the HP I had.

Fast forward 3 months later and the Dell will not charge. When I called Dell they told me "Sorry that’s not covered under the warranty" and that was the end of the conversation. It was just a malfunction. Or accident, drop, or liquid spilled on the thing. I didn't even get a copy of the warranty because it was refurbished. Dell and Asurion working hand in hand to make people's tech experiences as bad as possible.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I have been using the Dell Inspiron for 13 years with problems here and there nothing I couldn't handle. I also own an XPS 13 and I love it except for the camera position. People categorically complain about Dell products, an important thing is to do an extensive research on the laptop before buying it. Dell has crappy computers, a lot of the Inspiron ones and I constantly write about them on Accatech but they also have good ones. It takes a bit of research to find good ones. Their business line of laptops are pretty reliable. Maybe am not experiencing what others experience since am a techie and usually fix most of the problems myself without calling Dell customer.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I bought a Dell XPS 13 approximately 3 years ago. The battery went bad causing swelling and the finger pad is damaged. I sent to Dell for repairs (after a long conversation on the phone). They charged me $179.00 to fix (I did receive a refund) - 2 weeks later they contacted me and said they did not have the parts and didn't know when they would get them. Suggesting to take it to "Geek Squad" to fix - tried that. Looked up the part on Dell site - they no longer make the replacement battery for this model. So a laptop less than 3 years old has no battery - it can be used with the power cord - however it tips over due to no battery. Done with Dell.

Original review: July 29, 2017

Laptop is now back at depot for the second time since purchased in dec 2016. Defective from the start, Dell will not refund or replace, they keep sending me "fixed" motherboard and hard drive that lasts 4 months before machine wouldn't even power up. Tech support is awful and so is the escalation dept and the Round Rock Texas corporate offices! NEVER NEVER NEVER buy a Dell computer, they routinely sell defective computers and then refuse to make it right. Please read the other problems people have had. This was a gift from my boyfriend which has turned into a nightmare. My only option at this point seems to be to cut my losses of countless hours of my time and energy and buy a different company: anybody but Dell.

Original review: July 27, 2017

IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING A DELL… RUN… DO NOT DO IT. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE. I purchased a laptop from Best Buy less than a year ago. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 17, 7000 series. Just recently, after I believe a Microsoft update, I started having issues with my laptop. The mouse on the laptop is erratic and jumps all over the screen. It is as if someone has control of my computer. The mouse clicks on boxes, closes pages out, and just operates on its own. I thought maybe I had a virus so I ran a scan using my virus protection. Nothing, no viruses. So, I contacted Microsoft support who remoted into my computer and downloaded a bunch of crap. They claimed the issues was fixed. As soon as they logged out of my computer, the issue was back again.

I then contacted Dell support, who is in India, go figure. Dell did a bunch of diagnostic testing, checked the drivers, and a bunch of other stuff. Still nothing worked. While on the phone with the Dell tech support rep, he saw the issue with his own two eyes. So now they tell me that I need to send my computer in to be repaired, which will take 7-10 business days. WHAT??? You have to be kidding me. I work from my computer, so now I will be without my computer for 7-10 business days? That is customer service?

I have had this laptop for less than and year and it barely moves from my office desk. So how does a less than year old computer start having mouse/touch pad issues? How is it that tech support doesn’t know why the issue started? How is it that in 2017 Dell doesn’t have local repair stores like Apple? Perhaps Dell has outsourced repairs as well. Naturally, I am LIVID as this issue has already consumed 2 days of my life on the phone with Dell tech support and chat with Microsoft. And now I am being asked to be inconvenienced and to miss out on money. I bet Mr. Dell has working computers and super-fast tech support. He probably uses a MAC.

I sent an e-mail to Mr. Michael Dell regarding my issue. Only to have someone from India who claims to work in Michael Dells office contact me back. What a joke! Dell has the absolute worst customer and technical support that I have ever encountered. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, the Attorney General, and next up is the FTC. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM DELL AGAIN.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Dell should hang their heads in shame and embarrassment that they cannot provide service in English!! I never got my order!! Ordered online, got automated confirmation, a week later no shipping notice nor was it on the CC. Echat is useless. They just say "call," good luck getting past the voicemail, keeps asking for an order # but the automated confirmation only gives a DPID# that is not what they need. Most phone reps speak little to no English, they babble so fast I cannot understand them, one gal after 3 times asking her to slow down and speak up, I finally asked to speak to someone else so she got super snippy then hung up.

One said there was a "hold" on the order due to a problem with the address, but no one contacted me in over a week? No, the address is right. After six people giving me the run around I gave up and cancelled the order. I did find the same computer elsewhere (brand new in the original box) for $100 less and had it in 48 hours, it pays to shop around.

Original review: July 20, 2017

2 months ago I purchased a Dell Inspiron Laptop. It worked okay for the first 2 weeks. After that it would not perform, I could barely boot it up. It is under warranty but Dell will not allow me to send it back to them so they can fix it. So I spent no less than 15 hours with Dell technicians trying to fix the laptop with the Dell Connect, where they take over your computer remotely. After numerous emails where they basically ignored my request to send the computer back I finally spoke to a manager at Dell. He told me Dell would not let me send the laptop back to be fixed, (even though it is under warranty).

I spent $550.00 for a broken laptop. Basically Dell stole that money from me. And now Dell is stealing my time by forcing me to spend countless hours with the computer "experts" attempting to fix my laptop. Since I was unwilling to waste any more time with Dell's futile attempts to fix my computer, I have dropped it off at my local computer repair shop so they can fix it. I also filed a report with the Attorney General's Consumer Complaint Department in my state.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I have bought less expensive laptops with smaller hard drive and none of the fun features such as touch screen for my kids and they have lasted longer. I only used this LT for my Part time enrollment in College and got about 9 months of actual use out of it and one day it would not turn on and after I took it to two places, they both said it was a faulty port or the motherboard but due to the way they are manufactured even if it was just the port, I would still have to replace the motherboard.

With the cost to replace it, I might as will buy a different computer. Due to the Dell quality, I will never buy another one. It ran slow, was restarting, always needed updating, the keys (1QAZ) most of the time would not work (I have never spilled anything on it). I am embarrassed to say that 10 years ago I had a Dell that I paid almost $1000 for and it gave me a lot of problems. I said back then I did not want another Dell but I thought with the years that had passed maybe their quality had improved but now I realize I just forgot how crappy the computer really was. I will not make that mistake again.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I own a Dell XPS 13 laptop and I am being informed that the hard drive is at risk of failure by technicians at the Microsoft store and by Dell diagnostic scan. Furthermore my USB port and touchscreen are not working. I have owned this machine for less than three years ago as a retirement gift from my children. I am surprised and disappointed that the hard drive would be at risk of failure so early in its life span. This was my first experience with owning a Dell laptop and it has been a frustrating one. Dell technician advised me to get a new SSD, but she also said it is out stock now. How you can best help me resolve this situation. BTW, my next laptop purchase will not be a Dell.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I ordered two new computers from Dell just this month (July 2017) and found that the Adobe was not included and called customer support when it arrived. I thought it was checked off when I ordered it. It was offered for $70.00 at the time of purchase, but it did not seem to be on the receipt. The $70 Adobe is still offered on the website with new computers. As I opened it, I called. Was on the phone for over an hour with tech support in India as I noticed it was not installed. I rechecked the receipt and did not see it there. The call was rerouted numerous times only to be told it could not be had for under $300.00 for each computer. The price of the computer had changed and was hundreds higher as well so I could not send it back and get a new one with it purchased on it.

It is still offered for new computers at the time of purchase as it was offered, but the price is not accepted at what I bought it at, even though the computer had just arrived that day to my home. When I opened the computer, the laptop power switch on one computer seemed to stick and was hard to get started. The second computer did not have this issue and restarted fine. I started it a few times with no problem, but the next day the computer power switch was still sticking so I decided to return the computer for repair. This too was another call to India for over an hour, going from tech support to consumer support and all that was needed was a return label.

Dell knew within minutes that all I needed was a return label, but it required over an hour to get the right department and have an email sent days later for the repair label. I have returned the one computer for repair, and it is a brand new computer, just opened and out of the box, but the lack of customer service is making me wish I had bought a different one from a different company. It kind of feels like bait and switch as I cannot get what was offered to me at the time of purchase. Dell did give a $100 refund but the software would be over $300 to purchase on each computer or $600 total and my time spent on this is too extreme. When the calls transfer to India, they transfer back and forth and don't get resolved. It is very frustrating. When you cannot get what you felt was ordered as you open the computer it is very frustrating. It should have been a 5-minute call to get a label to send back the defective computer.

Original review: July 12, 2017

My son purchased the Inspiron 15 5000 series for me for Christmas 2016. By April 2017 I discovered the screen pulling away on the left side. I now have several heavy duty rubber bands at the base of the screen by the hinge keeping it together and must hold hinge and screen when opening and closing or the whole thing will fall apart! Of course the warranty is up.

Judging by the amount of complaints regarding the Dell hinges these laptops should be recalled and be repaired at no cost. I'm a 57 y/o woman who lives alone and I'm the only person to touch this laptop and I certainly never dropped it or damaged it in any way. I'm really sorry my son spent his money on something that's so poorly made and will have to be replaced by a non Dell less than 2 years out.

Original review: July 11, 2017

It disheartens me to write this, but I want other buyers to be aware of what is on the computer market right now. I made a purchase via Dell of a brand new All-In-One, not even refurbished on their website. I mean the kind that still has that factory certified smell and sticker proudly protruding from the nice card board box dawning Dell's famous logo. Well darn it! This Trekkie wanted to see what this thing could do! Ohhh and Awww were everywhere. It is even touch screen! I could barely believe it. (My last purchase was 8 years ago!).

Now with a grimace, it had not even been week two, I had two programs going, Maya 3D Animation and Spotify. Complete freeze and crash. Now this machine should be well capable of handling these functions. I went on to close other programs and left Spotify open. Spotify was not streaming appropriately as if it could not handle a simple song load. Very disappointed. Now on to the Customer Service conversation... to be continued for the resolution on this one.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I absolutely hate this laptop (Inspiron 15 5000 Series). Stupidly, I bought this because it was the cheaper option at the time and I needed a laptop immediately for work. Last time I'll ever buy a Dell. I've always loved my HP laptops, and this is my first AND LAST Dell. This laptop is slow, sluggish, and freezes all the time. Almost every other time you turn it on or shut it down, it forces you to do an update which sometimes takes up to 30 minutes. So if you ever need to use your laptop right away, forget it. You'll turn it on and have to leave it for up to 30 minutes before you can even log in.

And I've tried to find settings to adjust the automatic updates, you can't control it. Then after it does an update, half the time it says it can't load my personal settings and I either have to shut down, go through the whole process again! I do not recommend this product, nor would I ever recommend any other Dell computer. Do yourself a favor, spend a few hundred more on an HP and save yourself the headache and aggravation.

Original review: July 3, 2017

When I ordered a laptop on 6 they promised it will be delivered in between 9-14 but I got my laptop on 27th of June after 5 canceled orders. I don't know why they won't even contact us before canceling the order or at least sent us a reason for cancellation. Got my laptop delivered 2 weeks after the promised delivery date and my order got canceled 5 times.

I sent so many emails to Dell but I did not get any response from them regarding the status of my order. Every day I spent 2 hours contacting the sales support and some of the sales people are disconnected the calls when I am on call. At the end I got 3 laptops in 2 days, among these three 2 of the laptops are from canceled orders. I tried to contact sales department head for North America but the sales department did not provided me any. I have sent a mail to person who initiated my order she did not responded and got a return mail that she is out of office and shared some mail id and I contacted then also I got the same reply, I have sent email to about 10 of them but I got the same reply OOO (out of office). This is my fifth order: ** (laptop delivered for this order)

Original review: June 26, 2017

I purchased a laptop before 1 year ago. They provide good service but after warranty they very, very bad service because my laptop is Windows 8.1 with genuine license copy. They do not provide product key and I want to reinstall again Windows 8.1. They told download and install single language but other than single language you can download all other but not single language which is for license copy and they told me if you want to install then you pay for it but why I am pay for it because I already pay 8000 for license copy. I pay 8000 means I can download anytime and I can install many time why getting issue for it so don't purchase Dell laptop. At the time of purchasing these is the issue

Original review: June 20, 2017

I have a 10 month old Inspiron 5500 computer that has failed three times and is presently in the Houston repair facility waiting on a part from "China". I have now been without a computer for 10 days and have no predicted delivery date. I obviously have a lemon. No one speaks English as a first language. No one wants to discuss an extended warranty or a replacement computer. I cannot get passed up to a supervisor.

Dell expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dell, now renamed Dell Technologies, is a computer company that was founded in Round Rock, Texas in 1984. Dell was started with the goal of making technologies like computers more accessible and affordable to consumers. Dell's various lines of laptops can fit consumer needs from basic application functions to business solutions.

• Inspiron 3000: Dell’s Inspiron 3000 series is an ultra-portable 2-in-1 laptop series designed to perform basic computer functions.
    • Inspiron 5000: The Inspiron 5000 is a 2-in-1 laptop that is capable of displays at stronger resolutions due to a more powerful processor than the basic model.
    • Inspiron 7000: The Inspiron 7000 is a high-performance laptop capable of running more taxing applications and some light gaming. The Inspiron 7000 15 is Dell’s most powerful Inspiron model.
    • XPS: The Dell XPS is a laptop designed for powerhouse visual quality. They are built to be durable despite their thin size.
    • Chromebook: Dell’s Chromebook 11 and Chromebook 13 are lightweight computers designed for home or business use.
    • Best for: Dell laptops are best for casual users, home offices and businesses.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs