3.02/5

1385 Dell Laptops Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 22, 2019

Terrible experience, would give it 0 stars if this was an option. My order was supposed to be delivered 10 business days after payment, and each time I check the order status, it gets pushed back 1-2 weeks. I call customer service to see what's going on, and each time, they reply with 'your order will be shipped by the next estimated shipment date, we promise'. Now there is a 3 month delay on shipping my order. I have requested a refund as I cannot wait that long for an order, but Dell refuses to refund my transaction and insists that I wait for the production team to get in touch with me to provide an update on the order status. This is unethical and fraudulent behavior. Dell holds my payment without delivering the product on time (if ever), and they will not give me a refund either. I will not be purchasing from Dell ever again.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Purchasing through Dell website was very bad experience in multi-levels. 1- The salesman rejected to give me discount and was encouraging me to make the purchase straight away, she kept sending me emails almost every day. 2- 2 days after I bought the laptop, Dell has offered further $200 discount. I contacted the salesman but she never answered my emails.

3- The delivery of the laptop is similar to a black hole. When Dell sends your computer, They ship it to a Black Hole (They call it warehouse). The last status you will see about your computer is "Status: Shipped - In transit to local hub" which is scientifically called the Event Horizon. This status never gets updated and you never hear about your computer ever again. 4- More than 2 weeks and the laptop is In transit to local hub and contacted customer service they were not nice. 5- had to cancel the order after wasting 3 weeks, postponed my studies and wasted time money and stress. 6- Worst service ever, once they get your money you never hear from them.

Get expert buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Same design flaws as the 9550, same build excellence also. I had to recently replace my Dell XPS 15 9550. Since all the other performance laptop manufacturers seem to be aiming at the spoilt teenager market, I got the latest iteration of the Dell XPS 15, the 9570. Reasons why I had to replace the computer: Inability to replace or charge existing batteries - the DC power jack port mechanically failed after three years, which appears to have shorted the power supply diodes and making a battery replacement moot.

MOST IMPORTANTLY after 2 years the hinge suffered a catastrophic mechanical failure. The Dell XPS 15 design has a molded soft steel chassis bonded to the carbon fibre palmrest. This is extremely strong, but also quite flexible. The lid of the laptop requires about 1-2kg force to open, and this not only stresses the connection of the hinge to the chassis, but also puts mechanical stress on the screws that hold the backplate on (the two corner screws on the fan outlet side). The hinge is screwed into a molded screwblock that is bonded to the carbon, and connected to the rest of the chassis with a strip of soft steel only 0.8mm thick. This WILL break over time, absolutely no two ways about it. Your machine therefore has a life of around 3 years, irrespective of the excellent health of the internal components, which are still going strong.

It is a pitiable waste of a machine to throw away something that STILL WORKS just because Dell do not offer more than a 1 year breakage warranty. I'm not suggesting this is planned obsolescence, more like shoddy engineering. It is more than possible to reinforce the chassis with epoxy resin (or an x-brace of molded steel) where the DC power cable runs through to its inlet on the mainboard. Dell have opted not to look at this. They have not replied to several attempts to get their attention.

Original review: April 13, 2019

My laptop wouldn’t turn on. So I called customer support. I after three calls, being on hold for 45 minutes and being hung up on the second call I finally got the info to have a box sent to my house to send in my unresponsive laptop. After a few days, once my laptop was in Dell’s hands, they informed me that their diagnostic was that my laptop wasn’t responding due to a “huge crack across the screen” (as described by the “customer support” rep telling me the diagnosis). I know that isn’t the problem because the “huge crack” was mere mere one-inch crack in the side of the screen. One of which was barely noticeable and never yielded any problems towards the laptops OS for the 1.5 years it had been there.

Speaking of time and years, during the first three phone calls and the last (4th) phone call I was continually told the warranty had either expired or was only valid for 1-year. Which it hadn’t expired before it was in Dell’s hands and it was a 3-year warranty. Later, I was then asked to pay ~$239 to have the laptop repaired and sent back to me. I informed the customer server rep that the computer is hardly worth that much anymore, and he tried to reassure me my computer was the top of the line and it was a good deal. It may have been a good deal three years ago when the computer was new but not anymore. I then asked the rep just to send the laptop back to me without charging me an arm and leg.

I later looked online and quickly found a handful of my exact laptop for between $230-$250– the same price it was for Dell was offering. My 3-year warranty failed to provide anything but a headache, stress, and a lost customer. I’ve been an advocate for anything and all Dell products for close to 10 years. But this poor customer service and lack of compensation towards a loyal customer isn’t acceptable.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I bought a custom XPS15, at this level, most of the big brands have very similar offerings. I recommend trying a different company based on service alone. Dell's service is atrocious, when you finally get someone on the phone they barely speak English, are not motivated to help, please the customer, or improve a terrible experience. Please do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere just to save the headache when they create unmentioned order holds or your general need for customer support - it's not there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell?

Original review: April 12, 2019

I am a business customer who moved over to Dell products 3.5 months ago when I purchased an Inspiron 7000. I'm currently about to return my second failed machine, in that short space of time, with nothing to use during the repair window, meaning I have to go out and purchase another laptop while this piece of junk gets replaced. The level of quality in these laptops is truly terrible and it was a massive mistake handing over any money to this company. Time taken to replace the first one after diagnosis: 24 days (without a laptop for work). Surprisingly enough, 2 failed Inspiron 7000 laptops in 3.5 months is not something which strikes much of a cord with Dell, nor does it lead to anything outside of their standard, scripted, robotic responses for apparent solutions. The only thing worse than the products has been the genuinely laughable "customer service" which I've had to endure over the space of many, many hours.

Want flexibility or understanding from a company whose products have let you down continuously? Forgot about it, seriously. Multi billion dollar tech business must have solid internal processes to ensure good communication, right? Absolutely not, get ready to explain your entire situation to every single person you have to communicate with. Oh, and enjoy the online chat reps who pretend to go away and see what they can do for you when you're unhappy, only to come back with the same "one time accepted" offer that you've seen pasted into chat windows multiple times already - seriously Dell, your customers are not as brain dead as your agents and this does not fly with most people.

I wish that just one single person I've dealt with (must be pushing on for 20+ now) at Dell had instilled confidence in me that these issues will not be ongoing but, honestly, it seems to be only the beginning. I'll leave any readers with an interesting final point: my other half's employer is a Dell partner and the whole company has XPS laptops as a result. After recently receiving a large batch of new models, they've lost hundreds of hours of productivity due to the laptops outright rejecting MS Office, something which Dell blames Microsoft for and just refuses to do anything about. Think of that what you will.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Disaster, to sum it up in one word. Customer service is exceptionally poor. Product leaves a lot to be be desired. I am stuck with a computer (which by the way asked Dell please do not send this to me since one of their service reps informed me over the phone that the computer which I bought for my daughter is mediocre). At the moment we are having lots of problems with this computer. Bought a mouse which we have not used, this is not working. Technology should offer innovative tools that shaping educational experiences for students. Before purchasing a Dell think one million times before doing so.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I purchased a Dell Laptop on Dec. 2017 at the recommendation of the sales associate at Staples. A little while ago Dell sent an update to my computer so I updated it. Now my computer won’t even turn on! I returned to Staples and the associate stated, “Oh no, not another one!” He said that numerous consumers had been coming in with Dell Computers with the same problem.

He checked my computer and stated that there was a problem with the last Dell update that killed my computer. He also stated that Dell hasn’t taken responsibility for the damage their download has caused. I contacted Dell and was told that my computer was out of warranty (my computer is only 14 months old) and that I could send it to them and for $$ they would look at it and then tell me how much more it was going to cost to fix. I’m pissed! I am a college professor and all of my college work is on this computer. They need to be made responsible for their mistake!! Please help us!!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

I bought a new computer, it had light splash on the screen, I called Dell warranty and they said I have to mail in the computer. I stated that I cannot be without my computer and that I would pay for a new screen, mail the bad one back and they could give me a refund (under warranty). They said no.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Dell Inspiron 15r. It usually takes at least 10 minutes to turn on if you turn it off, so I rarely turn it off. But in an afternoon, it will cite some error or other and turn itself off and back on a couple of times during the day. Recently, it did that twice while turning itself back on, and it took a total of 40 minutes to finally get back on. Often, when it reaches the password, it will simply state that the password is incorrect, even though nothing has been entered. Then it will sit there for at least 2 minutes before allowing you to enter the password.

I connected a Dell printer but the Dell computer failed to recognize the Dell printer and the printer driver was not in the Printer log of the DELL COMPUTER. Why wouldn’t a Dell printer be recognized by a Dell Computer??? After loading the printer driver with the disk, it regularly failed to recognize the Dell printer. Of course, the Dell printer was itself a complete disaster. It would regularly just go “Offline” and not communicate with the computer. And NOTHING would put it back online. Remarkably, if it sat overnight, it would suddenly turn itself back to Online and recognize the computer; sometimes.

The Dell printer would take at least 30 seconds to warm up, even though it had just completed a job. Printing one job and taking a fax requires another warmup period. The Dell printer often jams, pulls too many sheets through the printer, and just jams up paper like crazy. The multi-copy loader only works after you try one time, it jams, and then you load it again and voila the papers to be copies do go through!! I finally took it off and use it as a copy machine, which is fine if you want to wait 30 seconds after EVERY job before another can be loaded.

The Dell Inspiron 15r computer constantly states that the program be used is “nonresponsive”. In word processors, it just becomes nonresponsive when you scroll downward a few steps. You have to punch one space down at a time to prevent it - slow slow slow. Even though you leave programs on overnight with work, invariably the programs will have shut themselves down before you come back in the morning. And, those that are not shut down, are usually nonresponsive in the morning anyway. The number lock never works for more than one punch, then changes to typeover constantly when you do not want it. Why is that?? The computer regularly just changes the settings without warning; nothing seems to be lock in. Finally, I just gave up and bought an HP computer and hooked it up to an HP printer; no such problems.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Dell XPS 13 9380 which I've purchased on Dell.com.au on-line store has quality control issues. First of all, the packaging contained a long black human hair inside the internal box with the laptop. That was a very disgusting. Second, the screen has an enormous back-light bleeding issue. It feels like a cheap and a very low quality screen from unbranded manufacturer. Third, the overall build quality is low. The laptop has scratches on the aluminum edges which felt sharp to touch. The power button with the fingerprint scanner was not aligned well. It was a bit twisted against the palmrest of the laptop.

And the last, after few hours of work the laptop has crashed with BSOD screen. I've attempted to restart it several times. But every time after reboot the laptop became very hot and it has crashed again after couple seconds. I think it has happened due to receiving some Dell automatic software updates. I think that is not acceptable for the premium line Dell XPS flagship series products which cost over $2500AUD.

I am so frustrated with Dell products now. Considering in fact that it was my second faulty Dell XPS laptop which I've purchased within a one month on Dell on-line store. The first one was XPS 9365 2-in-1 which had build quality issues as well. So the both laptops have been returned back to Dell. Something terribly wrong is happening with Dell manufacturing and quality control over past few years. Since I still have my 7 years old Dell XPS which works perfect and looks like a new. I have been a big fan of Dell but my trust in that brand is disappearing now.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased the Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series with the i7 9th Gen Intel Core processor about an year ago. The hard drive storage capacity is 1TB. Within just a year, my hard drive was completely damaged to such an extent that I couldn't even retrieve all my work. I had to change to an 250GB hard drive for it to work at top speed and efficiently. I called the Dell services and all they had to say was it's not their fault but the lifetime of machines itself (which according to Dell is only 9 months). They failed to also provide me with a new drive and the data recovery services. Such insincere and careless attitude. Please don't get any laptops for 1 TB storage as this make is completely fraudulent. Extremely dissatisfied with the product.

Original review: April 6, 2019

This laptop was delivered to me yesterday, brand new. After opening, I installed the McAfee subscription that I paid for, downloaded the Chrome browser, closed the laptop (sleep mode), and plugged it in to charge. Almost immediately, the laptop fan began whirring super loudly. It sounded exactly the same - on day one, virtually no prior use, and in sleep mode - as my 7 year old MacBook Pro after playing The Sims 4 for 3 hours straight. This is the second laptop I've ever purchased, and my first PC/Dell. I wanted to divest from Apple & after researching available models for 2 years, figured the XPS 15 was my best bang for my buck. Little did I know that customers have been receiving steam engine fans in their brand new XPS 15s for all of 2018.

I spent the next morning after unboxing contacting Dell's tech support: They did a remote session and installed 2 updates. While the 2 updates were loading, the fan was whirring loudly again. It's ridiculous that Dell has known about the fan problem for over a year, and continues to deliver faulty systems. They should install all updates before selling the product: That's common sense.

Also, while setting up the XPS 15 (changing system preferences, setting up name/location, etc) the screen started flashing randomly. It was momentary and has not happened since, but I have only had it on for a total of maybe 2 hours (including tech support time). I am very unsatisfied with this laptop. I'll be keeping it for the next few days to make sure I don't change my mind, but at this point I plan to return it. Dell has a very small returns window (you have to contact Returns within 30 days of invoice - not 30 days from receiving the product, but 30 days of ordering) which doesn't invite confidence in their shoddy-out-of-the-box product. I tried, but Apple is proving to be the only product worth investing in... even with the heinous brand name price tag.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have been a long time Dell customer but this last experience has confirmed I will knowingly buy another Dell product. Long story short... Multiple problems with original laptop (bought in 2017). 10 + hours of calls and "let's fix this" phone calls. Watched them do the same thing and ask the same questions over and over. Sent back to depot for repair twice. Issue never resolved and they were trying to tell me "too bad, so sad" and weren't going to replace it (device not dropped or damaged in any way, plus I bought the extra coverage so even if I had it should have been covered. They were going to just give up but I got a follow up call from a manager and they agreed to replace it.

Got the "refurbished" replacement which was working. 2 weeks in the screen started flickering and going black and then come back on. While watching videos the screen would stall and go green. Called customer service X 3 and still not working properly. They claim device was new and not refurbished but I have shipping paperwork saying it was refurbished. They were suppose to send a return shipping label so I could return defective one. I had to contact them times before they sent it.

On the third call relating to the screen/video issues it started out the exact same as usual... same questions, same customer service routine and I lost it! Advised them I gave up and did not have the time or desire to continue on with this process, that I would absorb this bad purchase as I was done with this phony process. I got a couple of weak attempts at phone calls and emails. I told them to stop and that they listened too.

In my opinion the quality of Dell products has been on the decline and the customer service, although they are polite, are not able to help and are doing their best to deflect, defer and stall. I sit here with a defective device, an active warranty that I paid for and nothing but frustration and anger to show for it. So mine is a cautionary tale... Beware of this product and company. I WILL EVER BUY ANOTHER DELL PRODUCT.

Original review: April 4, 2019

This corporation supports ultra rich golfers, but they do so at the expense of their customers. The tricks they play on you such as bumper interest payments, high interest rates, high fees for customer service to process payment, high late fees and warranty renewals is overwhelming.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Problem with brand new Dell Inspiron laptop, with the audio jack (first used it after a few months) and they could not fix problem, so I returned. Told me there was liquid damage on it and I never ever honestly on my deceased mom who I loved dearly ever spilled anything on it. And they want to charge me for a repair. What kind of injustice is this. What a crappy experience this is in life. I paid over a thousand dollars for that computer and now they want to charge me to change an audio jack. Saying there is liquid damage. Not right.

The computer never had any problems beforehand, I just noticed this and it's within warranty, I really have had crap experience with Dell and will never buy another one from this company. Last few have been god awful and will only buy Apple from now on. I'm taking time to warn people to stay away from these crappy computers and crappy foreign technical support and invest in anything but Dell.

This is injustice and I can't even fathom the way I'm feeling. When someone tells you there's liquid damage on a computer that works fine, and barely use just to needs an audio jack (that I just noticed). What kind of technicians do they have there, I just am blown away by this whole experience. STAY AWAY FROM DELL. Don't put yourself in this kind of experience I am going through. These computers are garbage and way too expensive. Crappy customer service and whole lot of frustration. Take my warning as a good person, know you will experience this kind of frustration... Buy an Apple.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I called Dell because my screen was a little damaged when we got the product shipped to us. I bought a premium warranty so hoped for good service. I called Dell and it was a fine talk. However, the guy who came to change the screen kept cussing us because he was frustrated that the screen cover was not locking. He eventually got it however it was an incomplete job and there are a few screwdriver marks on my laptop body. Hated the guy and the service.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I purchased a refurbished Dell computer from their outlet on Friday, received today, Monday. Very impressive. Opened the box, took out the laptop, plugged in the cord and started it up. Immediately got a message saying it could not verify the power source and the battery would not charge. After an hour on the phone with a very hard to understand customer support person, I have now packaged up the laptop to send back so they can fix it. Will take 10-12 days to get it back. I thought refurbished meant it was checked out and ready to be used, guess not. Never again!

Original review: March 16, 2019

I purchased a new series 1500 laptop from Dell in January 2019. It worked well for two weeks and ever since then I have been in a nightmare journey with Dell Customer Service. I cannot understand a word they say and they seem to be trying to help but are not able to keep the laptop running for more than a week or two. Now they want me to send the laptop in for a new hard drive but I do not trust them at all. I feel that after they get it they will tell me I have to pay for the repairs (on a new laptop) or they won't send it back to me. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have also been doing online shopping, banking, etc on it and do not want to send it anywhere that my information could be compromised.

I do not have any confidence in Dell anymore and am very upset. I have talked to them on the phone or chat so much that I have PTSD. I don't want to answer my phone whenever it is a 1800 number. I never want to talk to anyone from India again. I am ready to call it a loss. I told them I would tell everyone I know not to buy Dell and it didn't faze them. Believe me, Dell customer service is no NO customer service. And they will not or cannot let you talk to anyone who speaks English as their first language.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My laptop had an issue ever since I purchased it. They tried troubleshooting the laptop and could not fix even one of the issues. Then they tried sending a technician and mentioned that the part will arrive 3 months later. I tried to talk to about 5 Dell teams and they kept escalating the matter to other teams. It was frustrating and the conversation went on for over 6 months without a practical resolution. Finally, they wanted me to have a refurbished laptop. If I wanted a refurbished laptop I would have bought one for half the price. DELL stole my 800 dollars and made me go through **. As I said, I definitely had the worst experience in my life.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Ordered an xps13 and they sent me and charged me for 2. I returned the spare and customer service unhelpfully told me they would not refund the money from THEIR mistake until after the product was received, resulting in delayed bill payments and overdraft bank fees (thankfully my bank will reimburse due to Dell's mistake). Customer service is trained to sound like they care but they do not, and now I am being punished for THEIR mistake. Never buying from them again if only just to avoid their unhelpfully and rehearsed polite customer service.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I will not give a rating to Dell. -3 out of 5 stars. I watched a lot of reviews on the Dell XPS 15 before I bought it. All the reviews were positive but I had problems with the Dell XPS 15 from the day I received it. Without spending time listing all the problems with the laptop let me just say that this computer has only rendered one video successfully so the ROI on this laptop is -$3489.71. Now I have to buy a new laptop to work. Thanks Dell. Pile a **.

Original review: March 8, 2019

It took over one week to obtain an appointment for in-home service after the DELL online technical support diagnosed my laptop to require mail-in repair (it was still under warranty but I could not afford to be without my device for two weeks, the latter working properly when plugged-in but did not seem to charge.) The day of the appointment, the technician did not show up nor did he call. He left a message many hours later to tell me to reschedule. When, upset, I called him back to complain, he hung up on me.

At this point I called DELL customer service to relay the incident, to tell them that I was not going to reschedule, that I did not trust their sub-contractors and that I wish to be reimbursed for a service I did not get. They responded that it was not possible to give me credit for the service. I called my credit card to stop payment. Since then, I have had to waste hours and hours over one full week, on the phone with various individuals from DELL customer service and higher up (but never from the U.S.) and through emails, wanting to discuss the same information again and again. I repeated that I did not want their service and, finally, told them today to leave me in peace.

It has been over two weeks since I first called DELL technical support with my problem. My laptop had started to charge within hours of my call but I had not wanted to cancel the in-home service call as I felt that the issue would probably reoccur. It has actually been charging since; it is obvious that DELL technical support had misdiagnosed the problem.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I placed an order with Dell on 2/15/19 for a laptop which costs a little under $200. There was a great President's Day sale. This purchase turned out to be a nightmare. The order shipped pretty quickly and was scheduled for delivery the very next day via FedEx. On February 16th I was home and FedEx knocked on the door. When I reached the door I could see the truck turning the end of my street but there was no package and no notice left. I checked the tracking number and seen that the package was marked delivered 4 hours earlier. I immediately called FedEx and asked them to investigate. After 2 business days they advised me their investigation revealed that the driver delivered the package to my front door. I continued to dispute this and was advised to contact the merchant (Dell). I did so and was advised to obtain a police report.

I went to the police station and filed a report and was given a DC number. However, the police refused to provide a physical copy of the report. I notified Dell of this and they stated they could not refund me or assist me any further without a physical copy of the report. I asked Dell to call the police district to confirm their policy and they refused. I'm so disappointed that they would send a laptop without requiring a signature at delivery. But even more disappointed at how I'm being treated after making a purchase and having my package stolen. Just know that Dell will send your package without requiring a signature or proof of delivery and then refuse to refund or credit your money if you're the victim of theft. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We have two identical XPS 13 computers. The computers themselves have worked fine. HOWEVER, the charging cables for BOTH computers went out (thankfully since they were purchased 6 months apart, they did not go out at the same time). BOTH cables were replace, now one of the replacement cords has failed. First, a charging cable should certainly last the lifetime of a computer since the computer is useless if it doesn't have power. I started my call armed with the service tag number of both computers as well as the order number and date of the replacement cords so I was prepared for any question.

That said, I spent OVER 3 hours (no exaggeration -- I watched the minutes tick away on my phone) trying to get a replacement for the cable which was STILL UNDER WARRANTY. I kept getting transferred as it was some other department's problem OR I would get sent to oblivion. The "technicians" do not really listen to the problem nor do they stray from their script. None are willing to accept the problem and solve it. INSANE for such a simple issue!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I ordered a new laptop for the business I was starting. It was a solid state hard drive which I'd determined would be better for performance and reliability for business operation purposes. The hard drive repeatedly kept crashing. I was in the middle of opening a business so I had to keep reverting back to using my 8 year old Lenovo in the meantime. I called Dell support when I had a chance, and after over an hour on the phone doing farmed-out troubleshooting with someone in another country on something that I knew would never remotely fix a clearly malfunctioning piece of hardware (but they make you go through the motions anyway), I ended up having to mail the device in for repair.

The little bit of time I got to use the device in between it crashing repeatedly demonstrated to me that its color, lighting, sound, and even feel of its manufacturing and materials is extremely sub-par, even when compared against my 8 year old dinosaur of a Lenovo. It will not fulfill my business needs. But due to the ongoing technical difficulties with Dell, while also being in the middle of trying to launch a business from scratch (not an easy thing to do and takes up a lot of one's time I may add! ), I missed the 30 day window for returning the item for a refund. To top it off, the most frustrating thing in all of this has been how obscenely difficult it is to get genuine customer service from this company... when you do get a live human their responses are canned and they pass you off to other people with ridiculous hold/wait times in between and the next person on is no more helpful, they just keep repeating their canned responses.

They did refurbish the laptop, at least so far it seems ok but I don't fully trust it yet. But now that I've been able to use the device a bit more. I'm seeing that it doesn't have the quality I need for my business. I feel that if I had bought this same device or another brand from Amazon, or Best Buy, or Micro Center etc... my customer service level and ability to return and/or exchange products due to dissatisfaction would have been addressed easily. As it is, now I'm going to have to personally try and sell, second hand, this Dell Inspiron 15 5000 just to get rid of it, and use whatever money gained from the sale to buy ANYTHING else. Lesson learned - don't buy a laptop, even if brand new, without being able to physically handle it and see its operating quality first. Or at least do NOT buy it directly from Dell!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Few days back my laptop doesn't charge so I called at Dell support system to change the adaptor as it was in warranty. The service man came to receive the laptop and said they will return it back after 3 working days. After 2 days they called me, demand for a huge money and said there is some problem in motherboard. So I said not to do anything and return it back as it was before. They again called me next day and this time they ask for less money. I said not to do anything just return my laptop as it is. And they keep fluctuating the price and my laptop very late. This is my second Dell laptop and I am highly disappointed with its support service. And also the system is not long lasting.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I bought this laptop just over two years ago. I paid for extra speed and for premium support. I've had every issue imaginable: Wouldn't charge; can't type much on it because of the lag time- very slow; can't connect to the internet. I estimate I've called about a dozen times (wish I'd documented them all). Each call takes at least 45 minutes and each rep is difficult to understand, even when I ask them to slow down and enunciate. I was even hung up on a few times. Today was another call, and despite reassurances that they "understand" my frustration, they admitted that when my premium service ends I'll have to pay for the privilege of talking to them.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The worst experience anyone can have with repairing his laptop. I sent my laptop to Dell 20 days ago and still they are saying that it will not be done until mid next month. The worst part is I paid a heavy charge for their ** service. Stay away from Dell servicing.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I purchased a new XPS15 in December. 40 days later, it would not turn on consistently and the sound disappeared. Dell would not replace the unit because it was 10 days after its very stingy deadline. I sent it in for repair at my expense and have had it back only a few days. They replaced cables but the same problems remain. Still no replacement is allowed. I guess this laptop will spend the duration in transit between here and Dell's shop. I had a much better opinion of this company but now would never buy again.

Dell expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dell, now renamed Dell Technologies, is a computer company that was founded in Round Rock, Texas in 1984. Dell was started with the goal of making technologies like computers more accessible and affordable to consumers. Dell's various lines of laptops can fit consumer needs from basic application functions to business solutions.

• Inspiron 3000: Dell’s Inspiron 3000 series is an ultra-portable 2-in-1 laptop series designed to perform basic computer functions.

• Inspiron 5000: The Inspiron 5000 is a 2-in-1 laptop that is capable of displays at stronger resolutions due to a more powerful processor than the basic model.

• Inspiron 7000: The Inspiron 7000 is a high-performance laptop capable of running more taxing applications and some light gaming. The Inspiron 7000 15 is Dell’s most powerful Inspiron model.

• XPS: The Dell XPS is a laptop designed for powerhouse visual quality. They are built to be durable despite their thin size.

• Chromebook: Dell’s Chromebook 11 and Chromebook 13 are lightweight computers designed for home or business use.

• Best for: Dell laptops are best for casual users, home offices and businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs