3.9/5 (2615 ratings)

About Dell Laptops

Dell was founded in the early 1980s and was a pioneer in the home computer and technology industry. It has been a leader in high-tech computers, monitors, workstations, tablets, printers and laptops for decades.

Pros

• High-end features available
  • Multiple price points
  • Wide range of models

Cons

• Heavier than some other laptops
  • Budget laptops can break easily

Bottom Line

Dell is a worldwide leader in computers, monitors, systems, laptops, printers and innovative technology. It offers a wide range of stylish laptops perfect for school, home and business.

Top Dell Laptops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Laptops?

Verified

I have had Dell forever. They are very sturdy and you can trust them. My kids dropped them several times and they keep working. For college students they are a plus because come i...

Verified

This has been a very good laptop. Good battery life, and great features. I would buy one again. I went from a desktop computer to this laptop, and never looked back. this is a lap...

What is Dell?

Dell offers laptops for work and home, and its products include features that are important to students, fast-paced professionals and entrepreneurs. Some of the most popular laptops are:

• Dell XPS 13: This 2.8-pound laptop has an extended battery life and an attractive and sleek exterior frame. The screen is close to borderless, which adds flair to the design. It has a large screen, comfortable keyboard and 10th-generation Intel Core i7 processor
  • Dell XPS 15: This 4.5-pound laptop has an industrial design and high-level graphics performance. The keys and touchpad are larger than most other models, and it has a four-border InfinityEdge bezel on the screen.
  • Dell Inspiron 15 3000: This 4.96-pound laptop can replace many people’s desktop computers. It’s bulkier and heavier than some other laptops, but it offers a strong build, 6 GB of memory and an eight-hour battery. For the price (around $329), it is a solid laptop with basic features and a sleek design
  • Alienware M17: This 5.8-pound laptop is great for gaming because it features a ninth-generation Intel Core processor and DDR4 RAM. It comes in a variety of configurations that meet the needs of the serious gamer. While the battery life only lasts an average of 2½ hours for moderate gaming use, the slim design, dark colors and high-resolution display are added perks. This gaming computer starts at $1,349.99, and customized laptops can cost up to $4,229.99

How do Dell laptops work?

Dell laptops range from budget desktop replacement computers to sleek and innovative gaming PCs. Dell’s expansive line of computers lets you pick and choose the features that are important to you.

• Memory: Dell laptops come with many different memory options, ranging from 4 GB of RAM to 64 GB.
  • Storage: Storage drive sizes range from 500 GB to 2 TB and up.
  • Operating system: Dell laptops come with four different operating system options: Windows 10, Linux Ubuntu, Chrome and Chrome Enterprise Upgrade.
  • Display: Screen sizes range from 11 inches to 17 inches. There are touch screen and non-touch screen options. You can also choose the display resolution that works best for your eyes, ranging from HD and HD+ to Full HD, Full HD+, 4K and UHD+.
  • Processor: Dell laptops use seventh generation Intel Core to 10th generation Intel Core processors.
  • Life span: The average life span of a Dell laptop is three to five years.

Dell laptops prices

Dell laptops offer innovative, streamlined computers made for work, personal use and school. The most budget-friendly Dell laptops average around $350 to $400, while premium models, such as the Dell Alienware M15, can retail for over $2,000.

Consumers who want the style and functionality of a Dell laptop without paying retail prices can purchase refurbished laptops, desktops, monitors and servers at the online Dell Outlet. These refurbished laptops are 15% less than new computers and have the same impressive specs.

Dell also offers a price-match guarantee. If you find a lower-priced (and similarly configured) computer, tablet or monitor advertised online, Dell matches the price. It doesn't matter if it is from Dell, HP, Lenovo or Apple — Dell will match it.

Here are some of the most popular Dell laptops and the average cost at the time of publishing:

ModelPrice
Dell XPS 13$1,149
Dell XPS 15$1,299
Dell Inspiron 15 3000$229
Dell Precision 5750 Mobile Workstation$1,879
Alienware M17$1,599

Dell laptops FAQ

Where are Dell laptops made?
Dell computers are made in factories all across the world, including Ireland, Brazil, China, Malaysia and the U.S.
Are Dell laptops good for gaming?
Dell has specific laptops that are geared toward gamers. Dell computers aren’t specifically gaming computers, but its Alienware brand is a popular choice for gamers looking for power and speed.
Do Dell laptops come with Microsoft Office?
Yes. Most Dell laptops are equipped with a basic version of Office named Starter and can be upgraded to a more advanced version of Microsoft Office.
Are Dell laptops reliable?
Yes. Dell laptops are reliable, made of high-quality materials and have long battery life. They’ve been a trusted tool for students, business owners, bloggers and entrepreneurs for decades.

Are Dell laptops good?

Yes. Dell laptops are high-quality computers with strong batteries, sleek designs, high-end internal hardware and a variety of extras that make them a convenient tool for work or business. Dell laptops are sleek and portable, and there are many models to choose from to suit your needs and budget.

Dell Laptops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Laptops?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I bought a Dell Inspiron 2 in 1 FHD laptop, 16 inch, brand new. Initially got a quote from Dell that included the laptop, McAfee protection, Office Home and Student 2021 & their really expensive customer service. By the time I got back to them, prices had increased. Fair enough, so I didn't buy. Then the same sales rep. from - contact center India, called me back telling me they will sell me the computer on the previous quote. I was happy, but I was kind of suspicious, but he assured me all is okay. In the invoice, I got from them after the purchase, the Home and Office was listed as installed, but no price was mentioned. The sales rep I talked to who had given the quote, did not send the price breakdown, just the total amount with this Office version included as well.

I was fine, as long as it is listed as included and the total price is what was quoted to me with this Office Suite included. So, I get the laptop without the Office installed & Customer support spends an hour on my computer and still can't install Office! They have a thing called the Digital Locker where all your software details are stored. Even there, there was no Product key. Dell blamed Microsoft that their digital orders are an issue with some computers. Well, then Dell should have checked that it was installed on my laptop or ensured that the product key was on the Digital Locker. They tell me to give them 24-48 hours to check on this, resolve this issue, and install Office. Really? This coming from a computer company? I mean how long does it take to install Office once you buy it?

If I bought Office online right now, it would take me few minutes to install it with their product key. I realized this was going to be a vicious circle. I decided to return this new laptop. Who knows what more issues I'll have to face. I mean I was ready to start working on my new laptop considering Office was installed. I have returned the laptop, they sent me the return label and everything for FedEx. Now let's wait and see what happens. I will only have satisfaction once all my money is refunded. I don't trust them after what happened and after reading all the reviews here.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

I have purchased Dell laptop that too for 60k and it's completely waste of money. Laptop is heating too many time and that too from different parts, sometime adapter is heating, sometime center part of keyboard, left side, right side of keyboard heating too much. Please don't buy Vostro 3510 from Dell. Even bezel is also come out sometime their mechanical design is also not qualitative..

Get buying tips about Computer Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Bought a laptop and it was defective. Dell sent me replacement twice and all had the same defects. Wasted almost 2 months trying to get this replacement and lost over $800 for taking days off from work for Dell to come collect the laptops. All calls are diverted to India and they don't care about our time spent and the losses we have. The customer support supervisor at Dell (Thomas ** from Bangalore Dell office) was very rude and wanted me to go to Consumer court or take it legally. Dell has the worst customer service. They are not worried about customers. A huge loss for me after being a loyal customer to Dell for 22 years.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

We bought this laptop just two months ago from Amazon and it has barely been used, but it has started to lag, the mouse it does not work, the software does not get close and at times it does not even turn on unless you plug in. I have raised ticket with Dell center yesterday but have receive no response or update. I am greatly disappointed with dell services and product. So please don't buy this product unless you want to waste your money.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I had purchased a Laptop Inspiron i5 3000 in the month of May, and raised a issue of heating laptop with Dell team on the next day of my purchase. From 6 months, whenever I had a conversation with the team, they are asking me to perform repeated diagnostic test and wasting my 4-5 hours in a day and eventually that diagnostic test is having zero result. They had also changed my laptop parts twice but still issue did not got resolve. At the end, I got frustrated and asked them to change the laptop, Because they had given me a faulty piece, that is not working properly since the day of my purchase. Their team refuse to do so, giving me a reason system has cross return period...

Dell team making fool of their consumer, for the name sake they are mentioning they are resolving the issue taking more than six month to resolve it, and then refuse to change the laptop mentioning reason we have crossed return period. Now I am facing additional issue along with heating. Worst experience with Dell, never going to recommend any one for the Dell nor going to purchase it again.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

I bought the computer last year and realized that I could not use it until the docking station arrived. The equipment was purchased in September and it took 3 months to receive all the components (computer arrived late Sept, monitors arrived early Nov, docking station not until late Nov/early Dec). The battery sent with the computer did not fit any port on the computer itself. I was so disgusted I put the computer away intending to return it. Now the warranty expired and I am finally using it. I called to explain the situation to customer service. I want to renew the warranty but have the one year go until late November when I could charge up the computer. I talked to six people and kept getting bounced around between technical, sales, customer care, and warranty. Wrote on their online contact box and still no contact. I have been a Dell customer for the last 20 years, but this is probably the last computer I buy from this company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I trying to call Dell client service from yesterday. There are 7 people spoken and there is no solutions till now. And there is no proper responses from their. Is that the a corporate? It's very irritate me to the core.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I sent my laptop into Dell less than a year after I bought it. It wouldn't turn on. They sent it back after the warranty had expired. It still wouldn't turn on. Now, 90 days later, they refuse to fix it. They refuse to give me a phone number in the United States. This company is trash and its products are trash. Hey, Dell! Give me a call sometime - from your US department and not from India. I'd love to tell you how I will NEVER EVER buy another computer from your trash company ever again. #MadeinIndia #DellSucks #DellMakesIndiaGreatAgain.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

For two days, I have tried to purchase an Alienware laptop, and a Netgear router for my daughter as a reward she earned. I have not been lied to misled and disrespected as much as I was by Dowell in the past 12 hours of dealing with them. They charged my Visa debit card for $2756.04, and then they charged my MasterCard for $2756.04. They deny that they charged my debit card even though I bank official phone them provided them with the transaction number provided them with a picture of the fee. But because she wanted an Alienware I persisted and did order one with the full knowledge that it had to be here before the 21st, I was promised confirmed that it would be.

A few hours later I got a sheep’s phone call from one of the attendance telling me he had sent me the confirmation. I asked if it was the same confirmation that he had given me for hours earlier, and all I got was a bunch of mumbling. When I checked the latest confirmation, they had switched the delivery date from the 21st to the 24th and try to sneak it by me. I cannot believe that dell and Alienware has deteriorated to such deplorable treatment of customers and they need to steal their money so anyone reading this please take heed. This is not the company that Michael Dell built it on.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Friends, please please please do not buy Dell Alienware Laptop. In my laptop it's throwing blue screen error 2-3 times in a day. Once it throw error it automatically restart and you lose all your work because of sudden restart. I approached Dell Support Centre but no one is able to solve this issue. All the time they are giving different tips but they can not solve the issue. As you know these laptops are costly so do not waste your money. They are making fool you. They know very well that their hardware parts, Graphics, Memory, Processor and its Drivers are not match perfectly. So they are not able to solve the problems. Don't be fool.

Dell Laptops Company Information