Dell Laptops

Compare Computer Brands

Research top Computer Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The computer I purchased was a great deal over Cyber Monday a few years ago. It was well within my budget and was the size and style I was looking for. It has served me well for the past few years. The only thing that I noticed is that at times it might lag, but that has more to do with getting older rather than being an issue with my Dell computer. It has been able to travel with me and in the end it has been reliable. My favorite feature is the touch screen. Having the ability to swipe and type is awesome. When I first heard about having a touch screen laptop I was skeptical. However, it would be hard for me to go back to having a plain old laptop.

This laptop was given to me by a friend. Since I did not have the manuals that came with this laptop, I had to do considerable research to track down solutions to the issues I needed to resolve before I was able to use it productively. It worked very well after I cleaned it up some. I was satisfied with the brand. It greatly exceeded my expectations, considering it was used when I got it. Overall it was a good laptop. It was reasonably fast, had plenty of available storage, and the DVD player still worked very well.

I chose to get a Dell laptop due to a friend of mine suggesting... actually insisting that they were not the same as 20 years ago when I really did not have anything nice to say about Dell. Therefore I must say that the Dell laptop has exceeded my expectations. I like the Dell laptops because of the way they have the memory set up. I do not know how they do it but the Dell runs a lot smoother and faster than other brands I have used. I can play games with no problems and I have never had an issue to do with insufficient memory problems. Although I like the Dell laptop they all seem to have the same look or design. I actually like to gave a bit more colors and lights like with a gaming computer. But I like the sturdiness of the design.

I have purchased several Dell computers but the ones I find most distressed about recently are their laptops. I've owned two Inspiron laptops and each has suffered bezel hinge cracks ironically after the warranty recently expired. I have noticed that this is not a unique to Dell problem as other vendors Lenovo and HP, for example, have had similar complaints and HP, I believe, has or is going thru a class action lawsuit. Dell has expressed no responsibility for this issue and claims it is normal wear and tear. I believe that there are probably many, many more customers who have suffered this same problem and that Dell needs to address this immediately. Perhaps a Class Action Lawsuit is required.

Dell has far exceeded my expectations and I’m a satisfied customer. I will gladly recommend them to anyone. Great products, customer service, and reliability. Their name is synonymous within the industry and better than competitors and their warranty plans. I would continue to purchase Dell products in the future and my company will continue to use their products as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell ?

I initially chose a Dell laptop because of the name brand. My parents always used Dell computers as well as my schools. I imagine it was because they got good deals on them, which I know Dell has. But I am not really a fan of Dell laptops. It usually ran much slower than other computers I have used, however I would not avoid Dell entirely based on my few experiences. I have only recently really delved into learning more about computers, which I did not know back then, but I am confident that the speeds have improved over my past experiences. At any rate, the speed at which the computers process information should be improved across the board anyway.

I had a a Dell Laptop many years ago as they were super popular and all over TV and publications a decade ago. A lot of my friends had them and loved them. However, I haven't seen an ad for them in ages and I feel like they were much more popular ten to fifteen years ago. It seems like they fell off.

Approximately one week ago I was alerted to a Dell Update. I allowed this update on my N1710 and went to bed. In the morning I tried to start my computer with no luck. Only an orange light in the bottom right-hand corner. I did all of the usual trouble-shooting without a resolve. A friend alerted me that the recent update was causing difficulties with Inspiron computers and that I should check the complaints on the web. The computers listed with problems were 3000-series models. When I telephoned a tech rep from Dell he states that Dell has admitted that there is a problem with the updates in relation to the model 3000-series but none from my model N1710. Has anyone who does not have a 3000-series had a computer meltdown after installing this update? Thanks!

I saw many people using Dell and thought that I would like to try one myself. I like the Dell Inspiration for it is a very good laptop, dependable, easy to use, and lasts a long time. Their products are user friendly and are relatively fast. I found that it is a really good piece of hardware but is not that affordable for me. I have not owned a Dell for quite some time. I would like to own another but have found other products that work as well though not as dependable.

My Dell laptop was a gift from my dad for school and I was not going to turn it down. It was exactly what I figured a middle of the road free laptop would be. It has a nice keyboard and a clear display. Alright memory, alright graphics. Have not used it for several years but would buy another one good for gaming. When I had it Dell was a big laptop brand but since had seemed to go downhill. I dislike that the battery went in it really fast and it was a nightmare to try and buy a replacement through customer service. It was not a very sleek design too but it was old so that is to be expect. My biggest problem though is that it broke a lot and was hard to get fixed when it did break.

I'm going to keep this review as short as I possibly can without losing my temper hopefully. So let's start, I ordered a Dell Precision 5520 and I pretty much spec'd it out nice. It arrived. I then opened it and started to set things up. Everything seems fine but I notice what looks to be a spec on the screen. I then realise that it's a DEAD pixel, and to be honest I can't stop getting my eyes off it.

Now this is the part that has driven me crazy, the customer service of DELL in its purest form is disgusting on the highest level! (Ignorant CSA based in India who doesn't even bother to get back to customers). For the price I paid for this laptop I deserve better, I really am so disappointed in DELL and I can safely say that this is my LAST Dell computer. The issues I am facing now to take this NEW laptop back are just a nightmare too large to explain and since I'm writing this review at work I frankly do not have the time. My advice is to stay away from DELL. The computer itself so far is pretty impressive but a great part of experiencing a product is the service the company provides to customers.

Dell has excellent customer service and sale item with the features I wanted. The price was right and I've had good track record with Dell as a whole and trust the product. Built to last, sleek design, includes powerful processing capabilities, cutting edge technology, excellent repair, and up to date. It also has add-on options for buildable products. However, extended warranty is not part of an add on with purchase. Extend the replacement or repair option for internal components to 5 years. Though computers are not meant to last, Dell has always lasted longer than just a year or two.

I've only heard good things about Dell. They've always been highly spoken of. I've also had relatives who had Dell laptops before me and recommended them. I really just like the reliability of the company and their computers. They seem to be long lasting and well made (well made). They are not flimsy, are good quality and I've had mine a long time with no issues. I really like Dell although there are features about laptops in general I don't prefer like the speaker quality. A laptop will never sound as good as a PC tower unless you hook up an external speaker which would defeat the laptop purpose.

I looked at other computers and quality to price was not what I wished for. Dell makes a quality product that has inspired my loyalty for 20 years of computer purchases. The construction, memory, speed and monitor quality of this computer are what I expected. The touch pad is easy to use and located in a position that prevents accidental cursor movement. A longer charge on the battery would be nice but that is a trade off you make when you get a thinner laptop. Other than that, I am extremely satisfied with the build quality of my laptop.

I used a Dell laptop because it was a work-issued computer. I really enjoyed typing on a Dell laptop for the simple fact that the keys were smooth when typing. The computer was light in weight and easy to carry around. The screen was easy to read and had the perfect lighting. I did not experience much of a glare at all. Everything that I've experienced using a Dell has been good. I do not have any complaints or dislikes so far. I think that Dell is a fantastic company and knows what they are doing with it comes to computer products. They very comparable with the other laptops in the market. I would purchase one in the future if I'm in the market for a new laptop. The laptop met all of my expectations and was easy to use.

I like the way the Dell laptop operation system and how fast its internet runs. Different things you can run on the Dell laptop. I don't think there is a better laptop out there. It's gotten better and better by the day and I think they should make more.

I previously had a Dell and like the product. I really like the CD Drive, Word, and Excel software. The weight is just right and screen size makes text is easily readable. The computer screen is large enough to see but not too heavy for the computer to be on my lap. The battery life is good and I receive a warning when it is less than 10% charged. The extra service contract has been very user friendly and less worrisome. But I dislike the 8.0 operating system, the tiles is something I have not used and most of the features. I had to add the classic shell so it is more user friendly and I can easily turn off the computer.

I chose a Dell laptop over other brands because I got a great price when it was on sale. I like that you can customize your computer before you buy it so that you get exactly what you want.Plus, it can handle all the tabs of programs I run and still runs decently. It's worked pretty well for me and has allowed me to do what I need to do. I'm also able to do a lot at once, but every now and then it gets bogged down and runs slow so I would improve the speed and performance of the laptop.

It's the highest brand I heard about. I had heard such great things and many people in the business world use this product so I thought it would do the same for me. The fast pace in the way you can easily download and the connection is very good. It allows me to complete all my online task efficiently. The software protects you from virus and other spam. I really like the product. It is everything I expected and my overall experience is pleasurable. I would highly recommend it to others. The price can however be a bit lower.

I liked the reputation of the product. I had never had a laptop before and my nephew works for Dell in Austin, Tx. and he gave it to me as a gift. It is a little heavy for a laptop. I have had two other laptops and this unit is by far twice as heavy. I wish it were lighter and I would use it more. But I like the quality of the product and reliability. Also, it is very well made and I like the design. I use it quite often when I travel and the case is very durable.

I prefer this brand over many. Looks good, screen nice, buttons stay in place. Fast access and price okay. Easy to fix if have any problems... I like it just way it is. There are many choose from if there are any things not like on a certain one. I'm satisfied and it has meet my expectations. It's perfect. Couldn't ask for another. I know of someone's that they did and got another, but it was little thing like few of the buttons came off but I think was used more than other buttons. So was more due to use of it than it being a issue of Dell's on making of products for purchase.

I needed a new computer to transport with me easily and to complete school assignments. Dell exceeded my expectations. The look of their products is modern and sleek. I like the ability to convert their products into a tablet which makes it easy to use. It also runs streaming programs, videos and music very well and contains the most up to date technology. The only improvement is to add more touch features to the keyboard like a quick access button.

The Dell laptop I use was passed on to me after death. The previous owner used it enough to have killed one battery and almost fried a second, and I've now had it for three years. It has outlasted its battery. It has even outlasted the current Google chrome browser (meaning it will no longer receive updates). It doesn't have any viruses, and even the fan hasn't quit on me. But, the speakers could be better. The screen has been touchy, sometimes the light dimming. I also wish the keyboard letters were lit so I could type in the dark. A much better battery would also be great.

I was able to get the Dell at a discounted price which is why I chose it. They are a bit more expensive than other laptop computers but are worth it and they work well. I have had it for years without any problems and it also has a well-known name that has been around for a while. They have large clear screens, large memory capacity, a good warranty and reliable. If they have a problem, I am able to bring it back and have the repairs done rather quickly.

I wanted a reliable laptop that I could use for work reasons, and the price was fairly cheap. I like the new hibernate feature, which puts my computer in low battery mode and saves everything when I shut the screen. That way I don't have to shut down my computer whenever i shut the screen. However, I would like a sleeker design, and less weight to it. Also, they need to update internet explorer, it is quite slow. The battery is quite short, and it requires me to take a charger with me wherever I go.

They have sleek stylish designs and great options. Fun things to add your own style. They work well for me. However, there's too many updates on a daily basis. It always wants to install something and makes it go slower for me. I wish I could stop this from happening. I keep saying no, but it keeps popping up every time I use my laptop.

They look good. They are generally quality builds, despite almost always being a bit underpowered and overpriced. They are a well-known brand and generally compatible and up to date with the latest tech. However, the bundled software is usually junk. Support isn't all that great. The lack of physical install media and the waste of space for factory resets is silly. People too dumb to reinstall normally probably won't know how to do this either. There are many laptops of equal power for much less cost as well as much better high end products. The main reason I got it was that I was in a hurry and didn't have time to research.

I like Dell laptops, they're one of the best laptop brands that you could find out there. I really like the fact that they have gaming PCs as well, so I really want to buy another one. Most of the Dell laptop models aren't that attractive, if they were to create more sleek looking models that looks very attractive that would be so much better and there would be like no more problems. But I really like Dell laptop for one of the best reasons, it have an Intel processor and what many doesn't know is that Intel processors don't overheat. I have used so many other types and they have all overheated so that's why I like it.

I like the awesome tech support that comes with purchasing a Dell. Whenever you have a problem or question they are always there for you to assist whether it be by online chat, email or a phone call. However, the last one I bought the keys kept breaking. I had to have the touch pad replaced and then even after replaced it broke again several months later... I am not sure why I had so much trouble with that particular laptop as I never had any trouble with any other Dell that I previously owned.

I bought a Dell 5559i7 in April 2016. By November 2016 I had to send it for repair as it would not switch on. Turns out the motherboard crashed. When it returned the USB ports on the right and the speaker jack would not function, even after I updated the drives. I just sold the Dell. Will never buy this kind of junk again.

Compare Computer Brands