Dell Desktops

Dell Desktops Reviews

About Dell Desktops

Dell has desktops for general use, gaming, video editing, students, work and compact spaces. Some Dell desktops are priced at as little as $380, while others cost more than $2,500. Dell also sells laptops, monitors, PC accessories and servers. Users can narrow their search on Dell’s site by using parameters like processor type, memory capacity and storage drive type.

Dell Desktops Reviews

Stars Rating

• 27%
  • 24%
  • 12%
  • 7%
  • 30%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dell Desktops?
    Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedReliability

Reviewed June 21, 2020

Dell Desktop has been a go to for me for many years. It is reliable and a work horse. Most last for many years with little to no issues. Set up is relatively easy even for the non geek and CS support is also good. The trick is to make sure you have enough memory and hard drive storage to meet your needs. Speed is good with the right processor. I opted for Webroot as protection as well as system mechanic to help me keep everything working as it should.

Reviewed June 20, 2020

I love my Dell computer - it is efficient and effective. I have a 2TB hard drive and create videos, etc. With this great hard drive, I have no problem storing my work. I would recommend Dell computers - laptop or desktop to anyone.

Reviewed June 19, 2020

Display is user friendly. Mouse has good anthropomorphic qualities. Memory capability more than adequate. Screen width my desired size with many variables for personal preferences. Keyboard is standard type but size is very acceptable.

Contract & TermsSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed June 18, 2020

I've had it for 2 years and heartily recommend it. I haven't had any problems with it. However I did take out one of their overpriced contracts but did not renew it. The contract sales are high pressure.

Reviewed June 17, 2020

I have had my Dell desktop for over three years and have yet to have a problem. I love the speed and clarity from the hard drive and updates are very easy. Dell's customer service is outstanding and I've only had to speak with them one time. This was about registration, not computer problems..

Reviewed June 16, 2020

My Dell PC has been working flawlessly for may years. I had HP before and they have failed after a couple of years. The hard drive failed. When I tried to initialize it to original state, the processor failed.

Sales & MarketingPriceReliability

Reviewed June 15, 2020

The XPS 8930 i5 is now a fairly powerful and reliable computer. At one time it was suggested that you get an i7, but that was pretty expensive. While it may be the necessary for someone that does extreme gaming or calculations, using it for a home office with W10 and Office, watching videos or streaming, and reading emails does not require that kind of power.

I bought my computer 10 months ago along with 4-years of full tech support. The tech support is awesome. I thought sales was too pushy and I would suggest you be ready to push back if you are just going over specs and want to think about it. Get the Killer wifi. I am happy that I did as there are never any connection issues. Computers are always expensive, but my last Dell lasted 10 years and don't see why this won't last that long. However, I wish I had sprung for the solid-state as that could make a difference. Get an APC battery backup so you don't have to worry about surges and lightning strikes damaging your motherboard or disc, or losing work as you get time to finish what you were working on, saving, and shut down.

Reviewed June 14, 2020

My Dell computer is from 2014. A person from Dell's came and fixed a part on my tower a couple of years back. My Dell computer is good my printer and scanner is something else. Have not used it for the past year. Opps it is an Epson. Hard to get ink for it and did not get it hooked up right or something.

Reviewed June 14, 2020

I have this Dell PC for over 2 years without a hitch whatsoever. 8GB Ram, i5 processor and 1TB memory. Good speed, multitaskable and very quiet. The grandchildren can play their video games without fear of a slowdowns.

Reviewed June 13, 2020

Trust this company. They have never let me down. Whenever I have had problems they have helped. My daughter has one a she would never use any other computer. She had a small glitch when she first bought her Dell and after only one call they had it fixed for her. Great company!!!

Installation & Setup

Reviewed June 13, 2020

I purchased this computer about 3 years ago and it has worked flawlessly ever since. It came with Windows 10 already installed in it and I find that it is forgiving and works much better than windows XP PRO. I like that Dell put USB ports in the front and the back of the computer.

Reviewed June 12, 2020

Good price & specifications with memory, speed, windows 10 & many more. Will need more space to list. Overall best price paid for the options & quality for which Dell is famous for. Highly recommend Dell products.

Reviewed June 12, 2020

Solid desktop computer with great specs for a reasonably inexpensive price. The XPS-8900 is probably the best dollar for dollar desktop computer on the market. This type of desktop computer is the model you can buy new or refurbished and not second guess your decision.

Reliability

Reviewed June 11, 2020

This is a very reliable computer. Have nothing but good things to say about it. I bought this a few years ago and it still runs great. You have to keep your programs and everything else up to date and it will run well.

Reviewed June 11, 2020

I have owned my Dell Inspiron PC for over 8 years with minimal updates to cards, etc. No problems. Dell has good service plans that really work if you need help, and easy credit. What else can I say, their PC's are well worth the money and you can customize.

Reviewed June 9, 2020

I have had 3 Dell computers and have enjoyed using them over the years. Like the quality and the ease of using the machines. Dell is my choice for computers and I will continue to use their products as long as the price and quality remain the same.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed June 7, 2020

This desktop has self repair features to fix problems that can occur on any computer. This system works GREAT. My next computer will be a Dell. The case is super easy to remove for installation of additional memory or a new dvd drive.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed June 6, 2020

My Dell desktop is 8 years old, and it's still running like a dream. No issues. No viruses. It may be old, but it's reliability throughout this pandemic has been a lifesaver. I am a senior citizen, and I use the computer daily for social media, news updates, online banking and bill pay, recipes, games, etc. It keeps me connected to the outside world. Also, any time I've had the need to contact Dell, their customer service is outstanding.

Reviewed June 5, 2020

I love my Dell Optiplex Pro with Windows 10 pro, it is fast and never misses a beat whether gaming or just browsing. As the current situation lends itself to more online ordering I have bought more and more items online including furniture, food, medicines, pet food in fact I have not left my property since February 1st so I can live virus free. I have built a fantastic spread sheet to keep track of my spending and weekly budget so I know where I am to the cent. Along with this and live streaming my machine is constantly on and I would not want to be without it. The computer has certainly come into its own during the Covid-19 outbreak I never imagined I would be so dependent on it, now I am glad I have it and would not want to be without it.

Reviewed June 4, 2020

The screen and CPU are one, with a keyboard and mouse. I purchased this because the price was good, sold by QVC. My only complaint is the screen clips very easily. Other than that it a great computer.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 5, 2020

Impeccably polite, always asking if they can help but then refusing to offer anything of value or solve your problems. Don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors. They do not stand behind their products, they waste your time, no one knows what the other dept is doing. They have zero respect for your time. I paid for "premium" service. What a joke. I have been through two computers, lost thousands of dollars of my time and effort and now they are ignoring my request to accept their offer to send my latest computer to a technician. Apparently I've purchased a $3000 computer that will NOT stop buzzing incessantly. I have been lied to, run around in circles and have gotten nowhere. Do NOT buy a Dell Computer!

Reviewed May 5, 2020

A monitor that sells for 1499.00 and only lasted 18 months. Warranty for one year! Do you want a monitor made that cheap? And will only last One Year and Six Months. Remember the OLD America? A TV lasted 20 years, no integrity, Oh they don't even know what that means. Buy products from Europe.

Reviewed April 25, 2020

Had two different orders and both were delayed 3-5 times. Only received an email from Dell stating your order is delayed, then another stating your order is delayed again. Then another lol. Took almost 2 months to get a mouse! Customer service doesn’t respond back.

Reviewed April 24, 2020

I bought new Dell Ultrasharp u2412m monitor to work from home. First time turned on it shows images with lines all over them. I called local support and sent them photos. The answer was that this is how this monitor is supposed to work, so they are not going to replace it, nor they have any suggestion about how the picture can be improved. They also claim that those lines come from the camera I took photos with or I have a faulty graphics card. But I have photos of pictures generated by internal monitor test (no PC involved) and also similar photos taken in the same room with the same camera but with other monitors. Nothing convinces them, they just refuse to do anything.

Reviewed April 20, 2020

Based on my experience with Dell, I could not recommend the purchase of one their computers. My Dell PCs (desktop and laptop) are high-end Inspiron versions. One is two years beyond its warranty period, the other is over two months beyond. About two months ago, both adopted a peculiar deficit that exists to this day: you must restart the computers following start-up, else they will not perform normally in two respects. They refuse to load apps, like a VPN and though they will connect to the Internet, they will not open most pages. At first, I thought the infirmities were owed to the VPN, but their tech-help convinced me otherwise.

Then I turned to Norton, my Internet protection company. But their technicians and their scanning tools indicated that though my PCs had a few bad files, once those were removed, the Dell PCs continued their bad behavior. Microsoft, my next approach, stated that the problems were hardware related. At this point, realize that I had spent literally hours with engineers taking control of my computers, doing their thing. Dell was my last resort. That’s so because, as previously noted, the PCs were beyond their warranty date. So, I paid $105 for someone from Dell to call me and resolve the issues on one of the computers. And this brings me to the reason I could never recommend Dell computers. No one ever called.

Not only that, following almost an entire day’s attempt to learn why, and whether or when I might expect a call, I came up with this: Chat session folks said it was beyond their “expertise,” and referred me to email. Email responses were that such information was beyond their “expertise,” and referred me to a phone number. The robotic voice at the other end of the phone number failed to understand my problem and referred me to Chat and email. Enough! I contacted my credit card company and placed a challenge on the money I had authorized for Dell’s “service.” One thing I did learn from Chat, email responses, and the robotic voice is that “Dell prides itself on its excellent service.”

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffReliability

Reviewed April 15, 2020

Extremely slow, poor phone reception, asking multiple tag numbers (express service tag and then the asset tag from behind the computer) to ascertain my credentials. LONG PAUSES. Made me wait to make a case (10 min wait) then asking me to follow through steps. I think I will rather troubleshoot the issue myself perhaps by buying an external bluetooth transmitter/receiver instead of waiting on the phone. Asset tag - not even sure how older people can read those small characters from behind the computer. They should check the identity of the person right from the calling number instead of wasting customers' time.

Reviewed March 26, 2020

I purchased the XPS 27 for my home office, I also have been paying for the extended warranty. Since day one, the device has been problematic and Dell has been equally problematic. Do not buy this computer, the sound quality is terrible, the graphics are subpar, and the overall performance have been a nightmare. Slow processing system. You cannot run multiple software programs. The Dell service plan is useless as well. If you experience any issues and contact Dell they will recommend an upsell of a different service support plan. I tested their service offer to see if in fact it would be useful and what the other service department offers is no better and they can’t possibly think this is good business. I strongly suggest more people report Dell to the BBB, Attorney General's office, post issues on social media. Force them to correct their business practices and provide working equipment.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed March 16, 2020

Dell offers small businesses a rewards program that is supposed to provide rewards on purchases of Dell products redeemable toward future purchases. However, if you are like most small businesses, you don't make these types of purchases frequently. I knew I had some rewards from a previous purchase and recently went to the Dell site to use those to make a purchase for my organization. I was shocked to find out that my rewards balance was $0. Dell didn't provide me with any kind of a warning via email that these rewards were expiring prior to taking them out of the account, but I can assure that they did use my email account to spam me with constant advertisements. If they can spam me, why can't they send a courtesy email letting me know that my rewards are expiring within the next 30 days and that I need to use them? Also, it looks like you only get less than six months to use the rewards. A bait and switch program from Dell!

Reviewed Feb. 25, 2020

I bought an $1,300 XPS gaming PC from Dell. After two years of very light use, the motherboard and CPU needed replacing. Dell refused to talk about taking responsibility for the $300-450 repairs. I was told that I should have purchased the $300 warranty when I bought the PC. Instead of standing by their product - a product that does not need to last forever, but should have the pieces in question last over 2 years - they milk their customers for hundreds of dollars in warranty payments.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2020

Really good product with to me a major flaw by Dell, which meant I could not get ''up and running'' for more than a week. Without the problem I had I would have given a 5 star rating. At the same time as buying this monitor I purchased a Dell computer. The monitor cable kit contained a mDP cable and an HDMI cable. Unfortunately the computer has a DP port so the mDP cable is of no use to me. If Dell are going to use DP ports on some of their computers and mDP ports on others they should supply both types of cable with their monitors. Common sense really.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2020

It is very important for computer programs etc. to download updates and apps. I bought this one with Office, but it wasn't on it. I contacted the company Help, and they got Microsoft to send me another download. It still wouldn't do it after 5 hours of working with them. Finally I was reimbursed for Office, but Dell did not try to fix the problem. I later noticed it wouldn't download updates or even a sudoku game. It has a list of 50 updates on the download schedule but has never done any. I'm going to buy a computer from someone else at a store where I can return it. Dell used to be a good company.

Reviewed Dec. 26, 2019

The rapid decrease in performance by this computer once the one year warranty expired makes it very clear that I will not buy another Dell product. I think that purchasing additional warranty service to be throwing good money after bad. I called to complain and was literally told that if I did not buy additional warranty that the computer would continue to deteriorate in function. This is 2 weeks after warranty expiration. We had purchased the enhanced customer support in order to be able to increase understanding of the ways of using the Windows 10. Unfortunately, whenever I had questions of the support services, the only way they knew how to help was by getting control of my computer and changing settings. I learned nothing workin wtih them.

Now that my service time and warranty are up, I am getting repeated messages pushing me to extend warranty. When I contacted them to express displeasure with the previous service, and to note that my computer speed had slowed over a relatively short period of time, they said that this was an artifact of the accumulation of junk from running the computer - apparently not having ongoing services (and charges) from Dell for even 2 weeks should be expected to cause the computer to work poorly. My complaint to a supervisor simply led to more recommendations to buy an extended warranty. They did acknowledge that one could go to their self-service support page, but they did not suggest it would help. When I logged into my account and asked for the support page, I was taken to screens explaining I needed to update my warranty if I wanted any support.

So I am deleting as many files as possible from Dell and hope to move forward on my own. I think that the computer is likely to function well - the components seemed high quality when I did my review, and I hope that getting ready of the Dell software will at least help somewhat. Then I will get some freeware or low priced software to keep my system clean. And remind me to never pay extra for Dell just because at one time they had best in class customer support - those days are apparently gone, even if you pay extra, and certainly if you won't.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 25, 2019

I originally ordered a Dell gaming computer on 12/3. The delivery date was 12/16. On 12/13 I went online to check the status of the computer. Dell has a "glitch" when I placed my order and the order was cancelled on 12/10 without a word to me. In a panic because the system was a Christmas gift for my son I placed the order again on 12/13. I was told that the delivery date was 12/27, but since they made a mistake with the original order it would be expedited and I would receive it before Christmas. I've checked the progress of the order almost daily. On the 22nd their system said the computer was shipped. Today, on 12/24 I received an email that the computer won't arrive until 1/9. Over two weeks late. DELL FREAKING SUCKS!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

Reliability

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2019

For many years, I had reliable service out of Dell computers and have recommended them to others. I cannot do that any longer. Nothing ruins your day like having a computer that doesn't work. My new Dell desktop computer, made in Mexico, arrived with a defective internet card. I returned it. After reviewing the MANY online complaints about Dell on Amazon and consumer affairs websites, I decided to buy a different brand. It is apparent from the complaints that Dell must not be thoroughly testing their new computers before shipping them out the door. The complaints also indicate that customer satisfaction is no longer a priority for Dell. That will have a huge effect on Dell's bottom line and their position in the computer market.

PriceReliability

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2019

I bought my Alienware x51 R3 roughly 3 and a half years ago, it was great for a little bit but not long. Over the lifetime it has has numerous small issues that just added up. Started with about 6 months later in ownership it would freeze shortly after booting up, this lasted roughly 2 months of restarting until it just didn't happen! It ended up stopping doing that for whatever reason but it would come back numerous times over the lifespan. You can tell I say lifespan cause it has died now. After the freeing issue it would end up just crashing randomly or overheating. The last year of ownership would be unreliable putting it nicely, but at the end it spent two months with professionals and not knowing what was wrong, insane. Now it wont turn on at all and the fan starts to go and stops. I got a new power supply for it and it wasnt the issue so it could be the motherboard but it just feels so weird to deal with all of this with a relatively expensive Alienware/Dell product.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2019

I received my new computer in February 2019. Significant problems developed in late July early August 2019. Dell’s customer service is an oxymoron; the principal concept for customer service is nothing but lip service, delay, deny the necessary repairs or like-kind replacement. They want you to frustrated anyone asking for a reasonable solution and push you to accept their offered solutions. I filed a claim with the Maryland Attorney General’s office under the consumer protection act in November 2019 after months of useless repairs initiated and completed by Dell.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2019

I bought and receive a Dell XPS 8930 and it was DOA. This was ordered on Nov 5th 2019 and received on Nov 12. I have called and talked to customer service, and tech support at least 3 times each. I have talked to sales department twice about my dead computer. I don't want it repaired. I want a new computer. Once a lemon always a lemon. I have not received and answer from anyone to which I can send my computer back, I just received a sales promotion from dell and XPS price just went down 200 dollars.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2019

All of Dell's customer service is overseas somewhere and you can't understand a word they say. I was disconnected 5 times and transferred 6 times in the 1st call and transferred 5 times in the second call. 5 days later and my problem is not resolved. I have emailed them the same information 4 times and they say they still haven't received it. Will never buy another Dell product.

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2019

I waited all day for a delivery. It never showed up. I checked tracking saying it was delivered around 11 a.m. Contacted Dell and they claimed it was stolen off my porch. That couldn't have happened since the door was open so I could wait for it.

Reviewed Oct. 22, 2019

Had trouble with my computer from first time I started. Supported had me go back to factory settings, I lost all my software uploaded. Had me on the phone 3-4 times for hours. They never fixed the problem. Would not send a new computer. Blamed Microsoft Windows. I put a dispute in with my Credit Card. Now all of a sudden they tell me to return it for repairs, it must be the hard drive. Sent me a box and return sticker. I packed it according to instructions called FedEx to pick up. Now they are telling me the LCD Screen is cracked and I should send money to repair. It so happens that I have 2 pictures of the screen with the error notices on them. Also they don't have anyone that speaks proper english. They leave messages that I can not understand. More than once this has happened. NEVER WILL BUY DELL AGAIN. To be continued.

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2019

A few days after warranty period which was 30 days I realized Blank cds were not recognized and an error notice was given when trying to burn. After visiting with my computer tech and later the Dell tech I realized this is not an uncommon problem. Piece of junk machine and Dell will not make it right. Just PAST the very short warranty period. I, my friends, family, school and work place will never purchase another Dell. They can stick by the short warranty period even with a well known problem. I'm really angry with this company. My personal tech was surprised by their handling of the situation.

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2019

I bought a Dell Inspiron three years ago. Complete disaster. Computer is as slow as a dial up from the 90's (and it's not a connection problem). I bought the Microsoft yearly renewal and had no problems for 2 years, then this year started receiving emails from Dell saying I needed to renew but no link or instructions on how to do so. WILL NEVER BUY DELL EVER AGAIN!! DON't BUY, stick with Apple. Would rate as a zero if possible.

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2019

Purchased a fully loaded Dell XPS8930 SE desktop from Dell.com. After some months the Solid State Drive fails and after spending considerable time with customer support am told that I have to send it in for repairs. Desktop comes back with paperwork showing that they had to replace the drive and the OS. Turn on the "serviced" desktop only to see issues with video card. Call Dell again and after remote-diagnostics am told that the Graphics Card has failed and needs replacement. I escalate the issue to Dell online customer support and am told that per policy they will send me a new graphics card and someone to fix it. I informed them that they have given me a faulty machine and that I don't want a desktop that keeps failing - please give me a replacement or refund but they refuse and say that they will "escalate" this issue further.

I told them that this is like getting a brand new car being told that first the engine has failed and then later the A/C has failed too but, "too bad--we will only service issues until your warranty lasts". Being thrown back and forth between customer service reps with no resolution. Worst experience ever. I'm now out over $1800 with a broken machine and being tossed around by Dell. No accountability or ownership of their product and since tech support is outsourced they could care less. Never again going to buy a Dell product and plan on sharing this horrible experience with everyone I know so they don't have to suffer the same way I have.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedReliability

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2019

Shame on Dell for horrible customer service. I bought a computer directly from Dell that right out of the box had a defective screen. After offering to replace it the replacement never came. Dell keeps blaming FedEx and always says, "Just give us 24-48 more hours." Well weeks later still no working computer and some random huge unmovable box shows up and Dell says no it didn’t. Still no computer.